[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skitarii army list?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Mechanicum.1.jpg (15KB, 251x252px) Image search: [Google]
Mechanicum.1.jpg
15KB, 251x252px
Alright so I've been out of the loop with 40k for a LONG time, I used to play a fuckoff huge 2500p Tau army back when they were less anime and more space USSR (read: 4th ed).

So yeah, finally getting back into it, any advice here would be appreciated. I'm gonna boot up a Skitarii army (about fucking time Admech existed) but I'd like to see what people think of this before I splurge my dollarydoos on import taxes.
1850 points total.

(((Oathsworn Detachment)))

Knight Paladin (415 points)
Chainsword, Stubber, RFBC, +Stormspear Rocket Pod

Knight Warden (415 points)
Chainsword, Stubber, GATLING, +Stormspear Rocket Pod

(((Skitarii Maniple)))

[Troops]
Rangers (125 points)
5 men, Omnispex, 2x Transuranic Arquebus.

Rangers (125 points)
5 men, Omnispex, 2x Transuranic Arquebus.

Vanguard (215 points)
10 men, 3x Plasma Caliver. Alpha w/ Phosphor Blast Pistol, Power Sword, Refractor Field, Warlord

Vanguard (175 points)
10 men, 3x Arc Rifle. Alpha w/ Arc Pistol, Power Sword, Refractor Field

[Elites]
Infiltrators (215 points)
5 men, Flechette Blasters and Tasers. Princeps w/ The Phase Taser, Refractor Field, Digital Weapons.

[Fast Attack]
Dragoons (165 points)
3 of them, all with Phosphor Serpentas

Not 100% sure if I'll use it much outside of the local club, but heck, if it holds up well then I might poke around for a few tournaments.
If the formatting on this is shit, let me know how and I'll change it, this is the first list I've ever posted up here.
>>
>>51959810
>back when they were less anime and more space USSR (read: 4th ed).
They were literally made to try and cash in on the early 2000s anime boom, so I don't think they were ever "less" anime, their mecha were just smaller back then. Maybe they used to be more space USSR than now, but the two aren't mutually exclusive.
>>
>>51959810
it seems you are lacking dudes to me
but otherwise i don't see anything offensive
may the omnissiah bless you
>>
>>51960354
Yeah the body count is pretty low, I don't want to be running full size ranger blobs for the hell of it though, I figure I'd get more mileage out of having 3 dragoons.
>>
>>51959875
If anything, they're more Space USSR now. The original fluff had them as very unambiguous good guys, while later fluff has added more morally gray elements, like them being effectively a police state and "re-educating" dissenters or just making them disappear.
>>
>>51959810
drop 15 Vanguard and 5 Rangers, add Ruststalkers, 2x grav servitors and B. Cawl as HQ for free gubbins & stay cool with war convocation. There is no other way to play AdMech. Why? Because 07. Comprehension is the key to all things.
>>
>>51959875
>>51960644
I think they'd be a lot better if they were space USSR but as it is they've got this weird mix of hippy communalism and sinister mind control
>>
>>51959810
>ing time Admech existed) but I'd like to see what people think of this before I splurge my dollarydoos on import taxes.

dont start with 1850

start with less

and 40k will probably get a new edition soon which might impact the game rather much
>>
You could just drop one knight, a vanguard and a ranger squad, get Ruststalkers, a Dunecrawler and a Tech-Priest Dominus and 6 Kataphrons and form a full War Convocation with that. It's their strongest build, primarily a Skitarii army. Gives you free Wargear for everything, including relics, makes you ignore Gets Hot and makes Canticles apply to your Skitarii and the Knight as well.
>>
Not OP but related to thread, does anyone have a scan or readable pic of the aquisitorius conclave and grand convocation from the Fall of Cadia book?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.