[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

that guy gen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: fear.jpg (95KB, 653x463px) Image search: [Google]
fear.jpg
95KB, 653x463px
>play 5e
>person is running a long distance to battle
>he takes a dash action
>gets 60ft closer to target
>elder brother asks him why he doesn't dash again
>tell him you can't dash twice
>yes you can you can dash then dash twice
>we argue for a long time mid batte
>look it up and it turns out I'm wrong
>rogues and monks can dash as a action AND bonus action for 90+ movement
>player isn't either of these classes
>we go to continue
>SEE you can dash twice, and if you're a theif you can dash as an action, as a bonus action AND as a free action getting like 240ft of movement

we ignore him for the rest of the game but despite this he keeps talking shit and getting heated when we don't listen.
>>
And now you autistically complain about it on the internet.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (46KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
46KB, 620x400px
>that guy whose character actively works against the rest of the party at every turn and seems surprised when they kill him
>that guy who makes a cannibal sex slave for a Star Wars game
>those guys who make a tsundere, a yandere, and a loli for a Call of Cthulhu game
>>
>>51958599
Newfag here. These threads are easy to find, but what I search for more general 5e greentexta
>>
>DMing
>players are knee-high in sawgrass and muck in the middle of a wetland
>tell them that there's no land in sight for miles, they can continue throughout the night if they choose
>they oblige
>continue walking and they gain one level of exhaustion
>they finally make it to dry land
>they decide to continue despite the fact they can long rest now
>uh okay, you sure? you get disadvantage on ability checks
>yeah whatever
>they keep walking
>ask for someone to roll survival at disadvantage
>they get pissed and say that it's not an ability check, it's a skill
>a skill is an ability check, you mong
>"you can make up rules if you want, that's fine, but you're wrong, skills are not ability checks"
>these words make my blood boil to this day
>show him in the PHB where it groups skills as ability checks
>still doesn't buy it
>rolls poorly anyway

Rule policing is annoying enough. Now I'm being rule policed by someone who hasn't even read the PHB.
>>
>>51958917
ability checks are flat rolls with only your stats to boost, skill checks are ablity checks with added proficency bonus.

SKILL CHECKS ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

I'd make him pass out on the spot for that shit.
>>
>>51958917
>>51958967

Now what I don't get is why skill checks fall under the umbrella of ability checks, but saving throws don't
>>
>>51959034
Saving throws to me seemed to be "Oh shit, it's crunch time" and it's purely instinctual. Even if you're exhausted, you'll wake up real quick if a flaming boulder is hurtling through the cavern towards you, or you just witnessed a demon lord rise from the depths of some hellscape and let out a mighty roar.

Checks are conscious efforts, while saving throws are natural reactions.
>>
>>51959034
because savings throws are meant to be the stats that your class is proficent in.
it basicly makes each class a little bit different from each other.

it makes a sharpshooter feel different from a hunter
>>
>>51958599

>Huh, how about that, you were right.

One sentence from you and the matter is done. It was shitty of him to keep bringing it up, but it was also shitty of you to not just eat your peas. And then letting it bother you so much that you had to post about it here?
>>
>>51959156

But That Guy wasn't right. He wasn't a class that could use the rules he was quoting, and then interpreted it wrong again.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.