[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 397
Thread images: 20

File: Mushroom Boys.png (22KB, 596x842px) Image search: [Google]
Mushroom Boys.png
22KB, 596x842px
D&D 5th Edition General Discussion - Myconid Edition

>New Unearthed Arcana: Traps Revisited
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/0227_UATraps.pdf

>Give feedback on the previous Unearthed Arcana:
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/19723ad02610

>New Plane Shift: Kaladesh
http://media.wizards.com/2017/downloads/magic/Plane-Shift_Kaladesh.pdf

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
https://mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previous thread >>51952374
>>
Thread question because OP dropped the ball:
Assuming we don't get a Mystic UA any time soon, what other UAs would you like to see?
>>
>>51956410
How many times can you forget

>/5eg/ Discord server
https://discord.me/5eg
>>
Always remember to read the manual.
>>
>>51956455
That's the wrong one, your server is dead, and nobody fucking wants that shit on /tg/
>>
>>51956454
more bladelock
>>
I played my first 5e game over the weekend. It was pretty fun, if simple because we were running Phandelver and half the players were kids.

Bought some Chessex dice and a really cool character sheet holder, think I'll go back this weekend too.

The group was eclectic as hell. Three kids, one stereotypical sweatpants LOUD VOICE nerd, one quiet guy, and me.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12438586

If your least favorite archetype isn't listed, post it here as a reply.
>>
>>51956465
Always remember to bring a towel
>>
>>51956454
I want a UA about Epic-level spells, but that will never happen.

I talked to Chris Perkins about it once, and he said they clipped the level cap and got rid of Epic, because they wanted to encourage DMs to start campaigns more often rather than run the same characters in the same party for years.

Amongst the realms of possible UAs, I want one for crafting magical items.
>>
>>51956500
>Character sheet holder.

I want this. I have at least 40 pieces of paper in characters only.

>>51956410
Didn't get a chance to play the last UA (Mass combat).
Good or bad? I like the idea of my paladins and fighters graduating into battle commanders.
>>
>>51956455
>Forget

>>51956500
There are very few experiences quite like helping introduce a new generation to the hobby. You're good people.
>>
File: inhuman.png (207KB, 600x453px) Image search: [Google]
inhuman.png
207KB, 600x453px
Continue from the last thread >>51956530

so should orcs and the discussion of orcs not be allowed in /5eg/ from now on?
>>
>>51956617
>anything from the last thread
Fuck off, that's a containment thread now
>>
File: cleric_comm_by_yamao-d61yq9x.jpg (277KB, 727x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cleric_comm_by_yamao-d61yq9x.jpg
277KB, 727x1000px
>>51956597

Orcs are still a majority CE.

Therefore, it will would lower the net gain of evil acts in the future, and thus be classified as a good act to genocide them
>>
>>51956561

Thanks! I had played D&D derivatives before (3.5 knockoffs, Pathfider, etc). The kids were all a bit overwhelmed, so the DM gave me the bulk of the roleplaying stuff, since the Quiet Guy's character shtick was not talking and LUD GUY was playing a kobold druid because he could.
>>
>>51956690
No, seriously, that argument got too heated and crowded out all other discussion. You can continue it in the old thread but let's start new topics here.
>>
>>51956644
containment has been breached, because you should have enacted more preventive measures before you made the new thread?
>>
>>51956690
Keep old thread arguments in old thread, thanks.
>>
>>51956617
>>51956690
That conversation was bad. Hold it in the old thread if you must.
>>
>>51956690
>Muslims are still a majority CE

>Therefore, it will would lower the net gain of evil acts in the future, and thus be classified as a good act to genocide them
>>
>>51956617
Really I beat the shit out of your your argument and you shit up the next thread? GO TAKE YOUR FUCkING MEDS YOU AUTIST.
>>51956690
Good doesn't and never has worked on an, the ends justify the means perspective in D&D, NEVER, see the above faggot and go elsewhere. I'm done with you and your shit..
>>
File: 1485134766470.jpg (139KB, 1089x1936px) Image search: [Google]
1485134766470.jpg
139KB, 1089x1936px
Hey guys. It's the anon who rolled an 18 dex on a on a paladin, I want you guys to know him and his while/halberd are doing absolutely grand, and the dm was nice enough to let me have a giant frog as a steed.
>>
>>51956725
>implying I'm op
>>
>>51956690
The ends do not justify the means.

Optimus Prime would be ashamed.
>>
File: 38520936_p0.jpg (66KB, 400x560px) Image search: [Google]
38520936_p0.jpg
66KB, 400x560px
>>51956730
Real world morality and topics does not apply to 5e.

Unless you can show me where in any 5e material Muslims are mentioned please fuck off.

Now please resume the discussion of orc genocide.

Possible alternative to orc genocide: enslave all orcs, and forcefully have them work for the betterment of society.
>>
>>51956791
>Now please resume the discussion of orc genocide.
Let us not discuss either and keep this shit either in old thread or /pol/ where it belongs, alignmentfag.
>>
>>51956730
This is true though
>>
File: rtfm.png (108KB, 488x95px) Image search: [Google]
rtfm.png
108KB, 488x95px
>>51956791
Oh look at that, right there in the manual, the good gods object to something on the basis that it would be slavery.
>>
File: DnD Map Named.png (79KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
DnD Map Named.png
79KB, 800x600px
So how exactly do I salvage this map?
>>
>>51956808
are you saying that it would be an overall good act for the state of the general if my posts were to be genocided?

If so I will submit and move onto other realms that need my help in combating the orc menace.
>>
>>51956867
"Monster"
Lmao
>>
>>51956867
Google Inkarnate.
>>
>>51956867
>mono-race kingdoms
>>
>>51956867
Make the entire planet a giant beholder being skull fucked?
>>
File: 1488332479663.png (100KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1488332479663.png
100KB, 800x600px
>>51956867
Here you go, 100% improved.
>>
>>51956533
>Amongst the realms of possible UAs, I want one for crafting magical items.
That's a good one.
>>
>>51956965
But anon that's eeeeevul
>>
How good would a warforged bard by the name of "Optimus Rhyme" be?
>>
>>51957097
depends, whats his stance on orc slavery?
>>
>>51957121
He doesn't like their savage music.
>>
>>51957097
He'd be a Warforged Paladin, but, I could go for that, if the setting had a not!Rome.
>>
>>51957097
Don't.

Unless this is a low tier group, it'll make the game sillier for no reason when you can just do the same character, exactly the same, but with a name that isn't a reference.

Unless it's a joke campaign. Then sure. It's a good pun.
>>
How many eyes doth a beholder contain?
>>
>>51957180
three or four
>>
>>51957180
As many as you fucking deem necessary but at least 11 i think 10 stalks, one body eye.
>>
>>51957147
His name is Optimus rhyme, not Optimus pray-all-the-time
>>
>>51957180
Not enough to see why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch!
>>
>>51957218
Paladins do not need to pray or have a god in 5e, faggot. Optimus Prime was a Paladin of Primus, prove me wrong motherfucker, prove me wrong.
>>
Are there any feats that are considered good for a Monk? Giving it a look over none except Mobile stand out and I won't need it much.
>>
What are some noice magic items for spellcasters I can expect for low levels
>>
>>51957286
Lucky
Alert maybe?
>>
>>51957286
Tavern Brawler lets you grapple, that could be good.
>>
>>51957290
Robe of Useful Things
Driftglobe
Wand of Magic Missiles

Winged Boots are totally awesome for spellasters at low levels because having a third plane to move in when most things are only 2d means the only thing that can threaten you are ranged attacks and flying enemies.
>>
File: moop.png (46KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
moop.png
46KB, 800x600px
>>51956867
hey map anon, I tried to help but I don't know what the fuck I'm doing so I will stop before I hurt myself
>>
>>51956690
>I missed an alignment argument
Genociding Orcs is only non-Evil if all Orcs are actively doing Evil. Just being CE (or whatever) isn't enough. You can kill Evil creatures in Evil ways.
>>
>>51957408
Holy fuck that's much better than mine.

Thank you so much, and thank you >>51956913 , I'll make sure I make it better than ever.
>>
>Wishing for all orcs to die
or
>Wishing for all orcs to become good
Which is better?
>>
>>51957483
>Not wishing that orcs would be your harem gfs
>>
>>51956410
We have a myconid in our game that functions as our taverns alcohol brewer. Myconids are dope.
>>
Hey anons? Does anyone have some art for a weapon hilt with elemental abilities?
>>
File: WesternMapB5-r4naming.jpg (2MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
WesternMapB5-r4naming.jpg
2MB, 3000x3000px
>map time
Naming shit sucks ass.
>>
>>51957545
Name the one next to Catarri "Salien."
>>
>>51957545
I always just come up with a vague mood/culture for each area and base the names off that, with the cultures having a sort of "gradiation" of weirdness the further in each direction you go so that the names appear to flow from one place to another.
>>
>>51957503
But my character's a half-orc that hates orcs.
>>
>>51957585
Shit on the right are basically European states (Sweden, Ireland, England x3, Italy, Germany, France, Greece), stuff in the south is Dwarven Mexico, the north is Quebecois Elves.
>>
>>51957545
Pick a word for
Town
Land
Castle
Fort
Country
Homeland
Region
and then apply names of people and land features to them
NameOfMountainTown
FortOfLordOfRegion
stuff like that.
>>
>>51957614
The more orcs he fucks the more half-orcs there will be, thus lessening the number of orcs
>>
>>51957614
How original. How about a half orc that hates humans for once?
>>
>>51957614
Rip lines straight from Uncle Ruckus, and keep mentioning how your mother was a beautiful, pure bred, human woman, and your father was a damned tusk monkey.
>>
>>51957711
I always figured most half-orcs disliked both personally.

Maybe one that likes and embraces both sides of his lineage would be fun to play.
>>
>>51957711
>My orc father was raped by a human woman when I was young. I now have a racial hatred of humans for all time.
>>
>>51957727
Reverse it and that actually works fantastically.
Human not!slaveowner "rapes" his not!property or straight up slavery, but that can cause political issues in a group if its racially based and disowns the offspring, and treats the mom like trash.
>>
>>51957779
I was mostly just going for maximum silly subversion.
>>
>>51957690
>>51957711
>>51957712
It's not like I'm playing him as a joke, either, only if orcs come up in conversation in-character.
>>
>>51957779
Yeah but that's actually original and, by extension, not okay.
>>
>>51957279
His not isn't Optimus prime it Optimus rhyme dumbass ,Jesus, it's a play on words.
>>
>>51957779
Why say
>"rapes"
Do you think forcing slaves to have sex with you isn't rape?
>>
>>51957545
Nice Numerica map, anon.
>>
>>51957862
You could always go Classical Greek with it.

Have your father be a commander in an army that fought against an Orc raid, and desecrated the corpses in a crude display of power under the idea that they could stop Orc attacks by stooping down to that level of barbarism.

Offended by this insult to the Orcish people, their God cursed the commander that his first born child shall inherit Orcish blood in his veins, and make him a Half-Orc.Have the mother be attached to the child the same way the Queen of Minos was to the Minotaur, so he lived relatively nobly until he came of age or his mother died.

Boom, half Orc.
>>
File: 1406339752877.png (444KB, 1024x673px) Image search: [Google]
1406339752877.png
444KB, 1024x673px
Is Thamuertgy a good cantrip? I was looking at cantrips warlocks don't normally have because Tome Warlock. Already decided on Guidance and Mending.
>>
>>51957953
I was trying to imply that any illegality would have been ignored or nonexistent, and that it probably wasn't physically forced, and the not!owner wouldn't have seen it as rape.

I also was trying to avoid being entirely historical with it, which i clarified in the spoiler, as to avoid politics.
>>
>>51958000
Nah, they're all dead by now, he was raised by a wizard who found him after the tribe tried destroying his castle but got fucked up by magic. I'm not trying to work on backstory, here, I'm asking which would be preferable/more good between

>killing all orcs through Wish
or
>having all orcs be good through wish
>>
Who would be an enemy of elementals in general?
>>
>>51958025
Both are pretty shitty.

Relying on a spell that doesn't really work that way anyway for your entire character motivation doesn't leave much for the DM to actually use.

Plus, let's say you get to level 17, your done, games over. It's bad for storytelling.

Look at Obould, he hates the stereotypical orc, and tries to make an actual civilization out of them. Sure, it fails, but that's a much better story than him loading up a genocide weapon.
>>
>>51958004
Thaumaturgy is good for talking in situations where you normally can't talk. Like in a vacuum, or underwater.

Message is inherently better, however. I'd recommend Message, Sacred Flame, and Shillelagh, as that last one lets you use your spellcasting mod to add to a d8, and Sacred Flame is just strong.
>>
>>51958106
It's not the whole character goal right now, just something that I was considering and brought up since it seemed topical. The real goal right now is to get revenge on the two dudes who killed the wizard and took all his stuff, along with whatever else the party's doing.

>>51958047
>>
>>51958156
Why use sacred flame when you have eldritch blast?
>>
>>51958156
Would you recommend Message for a Great Old One? I have this 30ft telepathy thing so I didn't really look at message.
>>
Hey guys so how well does booming blade synergize with mobile? How smart do other creatures have to be to not recognize the secondary effect? How has it worked in your games?
>>
>>51958344
Depends largely on your DM; intelligent creatures are unlikely to fall for it more than once, even if they're not magically inclined. 'Mindless' creatures like undead will get fucked up by it though.
>>
How long does it take for a completely new person to learn a cantrip in lore?
>>
>>51957727
>My orc father raped a human woman
>Humans are weak and cowardly
>My human grandfather was too weak to fight back against the superior orcs
>My human uncle was too cowardly to try and rescue my mother
>Why should I embrace being descended from such weak people?
>>
My players have recently finished a big quest involving helping out some cultists revive their archfey patron, and I'm at a loss at what to throw at my players next. What would be some fun adventure ideas to run a 13th level party through?

Hard mode: make the theme oriental
>>
>>51958516
Excuse me?
>>
>>51957614
Wish that he doesn't hate orcs anymore. It's the only way to move forward.
>>
>>51958516
One tool proficiency takes 250 days of 8 hours' practice. The Skilled feat grants 3 such proficiencies. The Magic Initiate feat gives 2 cantrips and a first level spell, and it can be reasoned that learning the non-draining and more basic cantrips take less time to learn than the spell. So, 250 days or less, assuming they have 13 of the requisite stat, if you want to use feat algebra.
>>
>>51958534
People have stopped dying. No ones knows why, the gods are at a loss. When a body is destroyed beyond use, the astral self just keeps sticking around.
>>
>>51958047
Well, I know somewhere in the lore that during the dawn war, Gods and Primordials clashed. I'd imagine that the servants of some divine entities would want to quell the elementals.

If we are just coming up with enemies, then maybe creatures that don't adhere to classical elements (possibly some form of eldritch horror or other aberration). Maybe a creature that "destroys" the elements, or something that can disintegrate things.
>>
>>51958534
War breaks out between two houses over control of a major trading hub that lies in the middle of a river that exists as their borders, and both sides have been summoning minor elementals to cause havoc to the other's merchants. So the Merchant King, tired of both houses fucking around on his island, hires the heroes to help establish their island's sovereignty. You can mix up negotiations, rescue missions, and quests to break through to the summoning rituals of either or both houses without giving away their involvement.

Eventually it would either end with peace through negotiations, the town siding with one house against the other, leading to the heroes helping with an invasion against the other houses' lands, or siding with the Merchant King and leading a defense against the two houses launching simultaneous or near simultaneous attacks on the island, and declaring peace through superior firepower.
>>
>>51958608
I don't think that follows, Magic Initiate involves learning how to tap into the weave, the cantrips and spell are the payoff from learning the fundamentals.

More importantly, you can't train skills, and Skilled involves skills, so a cantrip is worth infinity days in your scenario.
>>
>>51956410
http://www.strawpoll.me/12440276

Just a quick multi-choice poll on what you guys like to do in D&D.
>>
>>51958733
You can use Skilled to gain tool proficiencies, which can be trained.
>>
>>51958760
You can also take Resilient and gain no saving throw proficiency or stat increase. It doesn't mean that feats are worth nothing.
>>
>>51958784
Gaining an overlapping feature and not benefiting does not preclude how long it takes for someone without a feature to gain it.
>>
New player looking for advice.

Party is level 9. We have a ranger, rouge,cleric and a paladin. I'm the cleric. We just got our assess handed to use by a death tyrant. Assuming the party gets resurrected and we get another try, what are some strategies for this type of enemy?
>>
>>51958851
And taking sup-optimal options on one feat in no way interacts with the value of another feat.

Taking 3 tool proficiencies from Skilled is the equivalent of taking Resilient for a save you already have.
>>
>>51958865
Hit it until it dies
Don't get hit
>>
Not pertaining to recent topics, but I'm thinking that since an orc and a human (or whatever) can breed to create a full orc, and a half orc is only sometimes the result, there'll be a city in which once, a lawful good, highly intelligent orc couple (a wizard and a paladin) settled down, perhaps the last survivors of their race on the continent.

Unfortunately despite being well treated, their descendants were completely normal, chaotic evil orcs who naturally fell under the sway of the traditional orc gods, so the Orc District is largely uninhabitable by all other races.

Each formerly fine mansion is more like an orc tower, extending deep into the ground (Luthic followers continuously digging deeper into the earth) and house quite a few orcs. Preferring the shade, most houses extend enough debris to block out the sun, leaving the ground in permanent darkness. The streets are filled with shambling hordes of Nurtured Ones, and the other have-nots, like the cult of Shargaas, dart among them, looking for victims. Though the flagstoned streets still exist, you'd never realize it; choked with large quantities of waste and dead bodies, offer verdant fungal feasts. For the poorer orcs, steaks cut from dead bodies sandwiched between choice mushroom caps make for delicious treats.

On catwalks or simply via brachiation, the warriors move about from rooftop to rooftop. The rest of the city provides the orc hordes with food out of compassion, but the food supplies often go to orc war parties, who then make sure they go to their tribes. The humans know the orcs do not equitably distribute the food, but this is viewed as a problem without much solution.
>>
>>51958865
Beholder's lose a bit of their power if the DM is spreading around the beams, so more targets=better odds.
Fighting without sight basically turns a Beholder into a Bite machine, so try things like Fog Cloud.
>>
I want to design a dungeon crawl for my party of 5 3rd level players next session, what's the highest CR of a boss I could use?
>>
>>51959000
That depends. Do you want them to live?
>>
File: Arcane_Archer.jpg (538KB, 725x1086px) Image search: [Google]
Arcane_Archer.jpg
538KB, 725x1086px
I really liked the ideas they used for the Arcane Archer, so I want to make a magical item for the ranger in my party drawing inspiration from that. What do you think of this, anons?

>Glove of the Mystical Fletcher

This glove has 4 charges. As a bonus action, you can expend one of those charges to create one magic arrow in your hand. The arrow lasts until the end of your turn or until it hits or misses a target. On a hit, it deals an additional 1d6 force damage. Each day at dawn, the glove regains 1d4 expended charges. Whenever you create a magic arrow with this glove, you can apply one of the following effects to it:

Piercing Arrow. The arrow becomes an ethereal dart that passes through its targets. When you attack with this arrow, it fires forward in a line that is 1 foot wide and 30 feet long. You make a separate attack against each creature in that line.

Shadow Arrow. When this arrow hits, it sinks between the eyes of your foe and occludes their vision with grasping shadows. Until the end of your next turn, the creature hit by this arrow can't see more than 30ft away.
>>
>>51959000
Single creature?
Is living all that matters, or is the boss/party allowed other methods of "victory"?
Dungeon theme and location?
>>
>>51959044
One casualty would be fine, maybe two.
>>51959055
I'm thinking the ruins of a temple's basement about a day's walk from town, theme is up in the air, but I'd like to play with the new trap stuff so preferably some kind of creatures with intelligence using it as a HQ or something.
>>
>>51959053
That's pretty cool
>>
Trying to homebrew a class, kinda like a druid, they transform and become much, much stronger. But I need drawbacks to balance the combat buff out. Anyone have ideas? Preferably ones relating to the class's psyche, as the flavor of the transformation is very painful and occult in nature.
>>
>>51959100
Well, some things to keep in mind.

More monsters matters more than higher CR, a single boss enemy is going to need Legendary actions/resistances and Lair actions to keep up.

If the party or monster are doing something other than "kill each other" as a goal, you can use a higher CR. A monster who is allowed and has the ability to flee can be of higher CR if you have them do so rather than risk death.

A CR 6-7 is probably the highest i would go if it you expect them to have 1/3-2/3 of their resources available. If they have everything, especially with magic items, you can go up to 8, but anything above 5 you'll want to make sure they can't just one shot the party.
>>
Are there any optional rules for gaining benefits from a high attack on a hit? My DM wants me to check because I'm playing a Kensai and I can use a bonus action to double my proficiency on a single attack but it seems worse then using my bonus action to attack in most situations.
>>
>>51959219
The benefit is being more likely to hit.

Some enemies have a relatively high AC, in which case it may be better to double your proficiency, particularly if you are making attacks with disadvantage.
>>
>>51956491
>nobody fucking wants that shit on /tg/
I want it on /tg/
>>
>>51959268
Hi nobody, I'm dad!
>>
>>51959219
Combine it with GWM and a greatsword
>>
>>51959108
Thanks. By the way, which rarity do you think it should be? I'm thinking either rare or very rare.
>>
File: 1488005695694.jpg (31KB, 395x326px) Image search: [Google]
1488005695694.jpg
31KB, 395x326px
>>51959161
This is my first pass, any tips? Admittedly I am very new to homebrewing, so I fully expect this to be VERY raw and quite possibly shit. Just looking for advice.

>You may use your action to transform into an abomination. While in this form, you lose access to your weapons and instead attack with your claws for 1d8 slashing damage. Additionally, you gain +2 AC, immunity to disease and poison, and you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn. However, you automatically fail any intellect, wisdom, and charisma checks, are incapable of interacting with NPCs, items or mechanisms, and must use your attack action, or an offensive feat, if you are within range of an enemy. If you are not within range, you must use your movement to get within range as soon as possible. You may stay in this form for a maximum of one hour, and upon leaving it, gain a level of exhaustion.
>>
>>51959161
Bad normal form health and AC. Limited uses. Features that mostly make the form more powerful leaving you shit out of luck when you're normal. Reliance on ability scores that aren't str/dex/con making their AC/HP strained by nature of buffing their main scores. Heavy slant in progressing the class to dissuade multiclassing dips. Lack of casting/skills. Drawbacks after leaving a form.
>>
File: j33vesu.jpg (19KB, 217x320px) Image search: [Google]
j33vesu.jpg
19KB, 217x320px
tfw I want to make an aracocra monk.

I want to make him a very young guy who practices flying around as fast as he can and self-taught hand to hand in hopes of become some sort of fire fighter/lifeguard type of person.

extreme speed plus step of wind will allow him to move at 320ft per turn.

heres the catch.

I don't want to be that guy
>>
>>51956494
Preferably pact boons this time, not more fucking patrons replicating the current pact boons.

I want a fucking pact mount already.
>>
>>51957951
I know, it is I was saying it's preposterous.
>>
>>51958225
GOO telepathy is one-way, Message is two-way
>>
File: ieyuaVw.jpg (18KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
ieyuaVw.jpg
18KB, 255x255px
>>51956533
>>51956976
Like they would give rules options that players could get their hands on - didn't you learn anything from 3.PF? If you give it rules, they will abuse it. Hell, I'm surprised that we're allowed to see the rulebooks after the charop clusterfucks of that edition and 4E.
If you take this seriously, you need to chill. Check with your DM on rules for that
>>
>>51959398
Make him a support Monk, so that shit isn't bad
>>
What's the point of the Kenku? Why would they make a PC race that's incapable of coming up with a single original thought?
I thought people made characters to play as someone else, not an exact copy of themselves
>>
>>51958880
He's literally just using the feat as a loose connection between how long it takes to gain proficiency from training and how long it would take to learn a cantrip from training. Calm your autism.
>>
>>51959382
Why not take a look at the moon druid?

Sanity mechanics are in, amongst other things, Out of the Abyss, and are measured in... 0-3 levels. So I'd use sanity rather than exhaustion, and you could treat it as a mix of rage and wild shape that leaves you and possibly allies with insanity levels.
>>
>>51959483
was thinking path of tranqulity.
and then make him a complete pacifist. just being their to stop anyone from dying.
was going to take a feat in healer as soon as possible.

but that might actually just make it worse.

I'm not crazy for being concerned about this right? this could potentially go wrong.
>>
What exactly can you do to help a Pact of the Blade Warlock late into the game?

Their limited invocations make it pretty retarded to ask them to use those on making their weapons +1/+2/+3, (that's 3 fucking invocations out of what, 8?), but they can't actually use magic weapons I throw at them.

Could I make a side quest, or just an event during a boss encounter, where the Warlock is gifted a new special pact weapon with unique powers and actual boosts?

I am kind of miffed at the fact that the rules clearly state magic weapons cannot be used. Seems awfully limiting for a choice meant to make you a good melee combatant.
>>
>>51959495
And it literally doesn't translate like that.
>>
>>51959487
Kenku can have original thought, just not original speech. Maybe you were projecting?
>>
>>51959507
I'm definitely looking at moon druid and barbarian for inspiration. I thought about affecting allied sanity but I don't want to make the class "that guy" who inevitably gets the party killed half the time.
>>
>>51959532
And this triggers you why?
>>
>>51959525
>I am kind of miffed at the fact that the rules clearly state magic weapons cannot be used.

They can definitely be used.
It is also the only RAW way to get something like a holy avenger glaive to boot.
If you use Cursebringer or something like that, though, yes, you are locked into +1/+2/+3 if you want to upgrade it, or Oath of Devotion, or the Magic Weapon spell. And that's perfectly all right; like the problematic elements of finding high value magic polearms, being THE BEST has its price.
>>
>>51959534
It's called a joke, anon
also the book says that "the spark of creativity was torn from their souls"
>>
>>51959525
>Their limited invocations make it pretty retarded to ask them to use those on making their weapons +1/+2/+3, (that's 3 fucking invocations out of what, 8?), but they can't actually use magic weapons I throw at them.
You can swap out an invocation when you level up, and the +2 pact weapon invocation doesn't require the +1. You just swap it out as you level up. And bladelocks can totally use magic weapons you give them - it's just that the weapon's magic supersedes the invocation.

>Could I make a side quest, or just an event during a boss encounter, where the Warlock is gifted a new special pact weapon with unique powers and actual boosts?
Are you the DM? If so, then absolutely. If not, then ask your DM.

>I am kind of miffed at the fact that the rules clearly state magic weapons cannot be used.
Read nigga, read. Player's Handbook p.108, paragraph 2.
>>
>>51959535

You could have it be that it lasts 1 minute like rage, and is like a combined wild shape rage (you might wild shape into an enraged aberration or monstrosity perhaps), but other PCs have to roll for insanity levels only if they see it. They could simply avoid looking at you. You would have to roll for insanity levels each time after the first between short rests.
>>
>>51956454
>Assuming we don't get a Mystic UA any time soon, what other UAs would you like to see?
There is no logical reason why they can't release the fucking Mystic is it bullshit that they are just sitting on it now that it has been completed.
>>
File: Arcane_Archer 2.jpg (196KB, 714x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Arcane_Archer 2.jpg
196KB, 714x1008px
>>51959053
Any other opinions on this?
>>
>>51959585
>You can swap out an invocation when you level up, and the +2 pact weapon invocation doesn't require the +1. You just swap it out as you level up.

Great catch. I always simply ignored those.

a spell slot + a concentration slot is a fine price for an invocation
>>
>>51959552
What?
Is this modern shitposting?
>>
>>51959674
>a spell slot + a concentration slot is a fine price for an invocation
What?
>>
>>51959729
sorry, meant an invocation is a fine price for a spell slot + a concentration slot
>>
Is 5e still caster edition?
>>
>>51959754
Oh, yeah that makes a lot more sense.

Being a guy with a fetish for bladelocks myself, your concentration slot is probably best used for either Hex or Darkness (if you have Devil's Sight). The first is your source of bonus damage, the second combo keeps you very safe and makes your attacks very consistent (sort of like the 4e Avenger - a striker class that lost nova damage in favor of very consistent damage). Your party will hate you for the second trick though.

Other good things to pick up are mirror image and blink, neither of which require concentration.
>>
>>51959791
To a lesser extent than any other edition
>>
>>51959791
Less so than in any prior edition ever, but some people still say so because fighters can't phase into alternate planes and raise the dead.
>>
>>51959662
Looks cool, maybe i would give tougher enemies a saving throw against the second ability
>>
>>51959802
>>51959809
Is it fixable?
>>
>>51959585
>the +2 pact weapon invocation doesn't require the +1.
Oh really?

We read it like it did. Hmm, that does make it more useful. A flat +3 is pretty boring though, so I might add a bit on top of it, fitting the GOO patron.

Kinda having trouble because he went with a finesse build, and the GOO weapon is a flail. He was level 6 when the new invocations were released, and now at level 15, he is beginning to lack very far behind on his damage output because of his lack of magic gear.
>>
5e is one of the very very VERY few editions where poison has no moral judgments placed against it. This is to the point that paladin stuff says nothing about poison.

But I'm going to assume there's no flavor rationale why, say, devotion paladins would be comfy using poison on enemies, right?
>>
>>51959852
It's not nearly bad enough to need fixing in 5th. The difference in power is more like a tier or two vs previous editions and their 6-tier system, and casters can't be anywhere near as all-powerful as a 3.5 tier 1.
>>
>>51959852
You could have gadgets to remove some of the need for spells i suppose, but that's a setting issue.
>>
>>51959882
>But I'm going to assume there's no flavor rationale why, say, devotion paladins would be comfy using poison on enemies, right?
Devotion paladin has no issues "purging the unclean", and they can't use fucking poison to do so?

Don't be a retard. It never made sense that they COULDN'T use it. Poisons are no more inherently evil than smashing people with a mace or cutting them to ribbons with a sword.
>>
>>51959866
Finesse feylock is actually my preferred bladelock setup. Between hex and lifedrinker, you're going to be dealing 1d8 + 1d6 + dex + cha with every attack, twice per round if you went with thirsting blade. SCAG cantrips boost it slightly higher, as do the new pact weapon invocations. +3 to hit and damage isn't exciting, and falls behind the special smiting pact weapons, but it's certainly better than not having it.

>>51959903
This. Any given class in 5e is high tier 4 to tier 3. Full casters hit tier 2 in the endgame, but that happens so late it mostly doesn't matter.
>>
>>51959941
Poison is a coward's weapon. Don't be a faggot, anon.
>>
>>51959852
There isn't really any need to fix it. Casters are still king, but unlike previous editions, martials are actually good enough to play with casters at every stage of the game.
>>
>>51959958
The only way casters can hit tier 2 in 5e, even late game, is through spell looping abuse, so pure RAW, maybe, but definitely not RAI.
>>
>>51959852
>Is it fixable?

Is WHAT fixable? Entitlement mentality players? No, they're incurably retarded.
>>
>>51959991
Eh, they still get access to wish, plane shift, true resurrection, domination, and so on. Low tier 2 is still tier 2.
>>
>>51959866
>He was level 6 when the new invocations were released, and now at level 15
Holy shit that was just 3 weeks ago! How fast do you level them up?

To answer your question though, I'd make it so the +3 invocation also either allowed the bladelock to add finesse or some other property to their pact weapon, but only if it was gained through another invocation.
>>
>>51960010
Tier 2 still requires breaking the game, and none of those options quite hit that, unless you are looping wishes via simulacrum, or some other loop that i'm not thinking of.
High tier 3 is extreme competence all around, tier 2 is the same but also breaks the game in a specific fashion. Tier 1 breaks the game, often unintentionally, universally.
>>
>>51960010

Not a big deal at all and that's tier 3 to 4.
>>
I'm pretty new and I've been avoiding asking this question, but seeing as the opportunity is available:

What's the tier list in 5e anyways?
>>
>>51960069
Str based Feeblemind tier: Loremaster
Tier 3: Most classes
Tier 4: Monk, warlock, sword and board martials
>>
>>51960069
It's balanced enough that there's no real need for one
>>
>>51960069
Do you want a 5e relative tier list, or a tier list in the method of 3.5
The former is arguable, but Wizards, Bards and Clerics are on the higher end, PHB Ranger, Monks, on the lower end, with Wot4E and Beastmaster being outliers on the bottom.

The latter is a pretty solid t3-4 everything.
>>
>>51960090
Sword and Board is still good because Shield Master is fantastic, and fantastic for Fighters, who don't have enormous Bonus Action options.

Sword and Board is bad if you have competing bonus actions though
>>
>>51960090
Forgot they existed (tier 5): Core Beastmaster Ranger
>>
>>51960069
Bit better tier: Bards, Wizards
Perfectly fine tier: Everything else not named
Shit tier: Beastmaster Ranger, Elements Monk
>>
>>51960132
Tier 5 requires a class to be capable of only one thing, and not doing that one thing much, if at all, better than other characters. BM Ranger is still a Ranger, and thus fulfills the exploration aspect, and is actually the best PHB ranger at said exploration. It's still tier 4, just on the very low end.
>>
>>51960069
There don't seem to be many straight up bad options. Beastmaster Ranger, Elements Monk (and maybe Beserker Barbarian?)
>>
>>51960167
Berserker is slightly better because it works*, where the wot4e and PHB BM Ranger both don't actually benefit from their archetype features in a meaningful way. They are essentially only monks and rangers, but a berserker is a barbarian that can benefit from its archetype occasionally.

*the problem is that the thing it does well essentially turns it into a long rest class with a single use.
>>
>>51960166
>Tier 5 requires a class to be capable of only one thing, and not doing that one thing much, if at all, better than other characters.

They're tier 5 in 3e though, and drastically better.
>>
Is it a good idea to multiclass a tempest, war or forge cleric on my divination wizard?

emergency healing option, armor and martial weapon could be nice.
>>
>>51960192
the only thing the berserker burns fatigue for is the bonus action attack... if nothing else, they're a one stop shop for immunity to fear and charm (during rages anyway), which are the most commonly available, BY FAR, ways for monsters to immediately cause a PC to lose.
>>
>>51960202
In 3.5 they have more competition. Tier 5 is about being worse in almost every way than your contemporaries AND only just barely matching them in the thing you specialize in.

A druid in 3.5 can do literally anything a ranger sets out to do, can do it just as well, AND do thirty other things at the same time.

In 5e, other classes can do what a ranger can, but slightly less effectively or efficiently, making them the "best" at the thing they do. Even if that thing isn't a particularly great thing, its better than tier 5, which is the lowest functional tier.
Tier 6 is the domain of literally nonfunctional classes and things with math so wrong it can't contribute.
>>
>>51960221
Yes, cleric dips for wizards are brokenly good.
>>
>>51960234
I wouldn't say that the immunities count as "thing it does well" though, but i did say it can benefit occasionally from its archetype, which includes that.
>>
>>51960221
It's alright.

Also, am I the only DM who bans multiclassing?
>>
>>51960262
Probably
>>
>>51960262
Considering it's explicitly an optional rule, no
>>
>>51960235
Its really hard to recover the guy who gets something that is CR 1/4th-but-worse (competes with you for attacks).

The comparison between the ranger and druid animal companions is much made, but the 5e ranger companion has the unique privilege of being envious of even that.

Still you have good points.
>>
>>51960221
When do you expect martial weapon prof to be useful? It will likely always be inferior to just casting a cantrip on a wizard.
>>
>>51960262
Isn't Elminster a Wizard/Cleric?
>>
File: 1395272306594.png (73KB, 221x246px) Image search: [Google]
1395272306594.png
73KB, 221x246px
I want my homebrew world to have one of the regions based loosely off of ancient romans, this I can pull off. However, another culture will be loosely based around persia/mesopotamia of around the same time, but I am having trouble finding pictures/drawings of what clothes/housing,etc. looked around 100 ad in that region. Anyone able to help me out?
>>
>>51960283
Flail snail, obviously
>>
>>51960295
Fighter, Wizard, Thief, Cleric if i remember his 3.5 stats correctly.

The way they handled 3.5 iconic characters was asinine, Artemis Entreri has 1 assassin level, just so he can be called an assassin, but he doesn't do magic so he can't have more.
>>
>>51960260
If these classes that lack wis proficiency saves and have no reason to boost it are faced by, say, an aboleth... that's it.

Its a gross exaggeration to think berserkers are notably behind the totem guys.
>>
>>51960283
Before level 5, A heavy crossbow is better than Firebolt.
>>
>>51960302
Dude only has 10ft movement, just walk around and away from it.
>>
>>51959962
>Coating your weapon with Poison is being a coward
Then so is smashing his face with a mace.

Stop being a retard.
>>
>>51960295
In 3e. Elminister's multiclassing are there to make him GROSSLY weaker, though, whereas 5e multiclassers do it to make brutally OP bullshit.
>>
>>51960016
Very, and we have all had a vacation these past 2 weeks were we played like every other day.
>>
>>51960299
Mesopotamia would be pretty hard to find any references for post 1AD, considering. As for Persia, what you're looking for is probably the Parthian Empire.
>>
>when you're just listing what your world is like in your campaign using bullet points

How effective is this?
>>
>>51960283
>>51960302
And Beholder.
>>
>>51960321
Marginally and only if your Dex is the same or higher than your Int. Hit bonus is more important than bonus to damage and its hardly worth stunting your main casting class for something that won't even matter beyond 5th level.
>>
>>51960377
Probably no one is going to run the risk of stunting int for dex though.
>>
Hey, guys, I'll tell the story of Edgy Darksbane, the Rogue Elf.

Lost Mines of Phandelver spoilers (Thundertree part)

>Darksbane decides going to the tower in the middle of town to search for a NPC.
>We get to the tower and Darksbane wants to climb the tower from outside with a rope.
>DM is a sane person and doesn't allow it.
>I ask why we simply don't climb the stairs.
>Darksbane won't accept anything but climbing the tower.
>Wizard levitates Darksbane 20ft of the 40ft of the tower.
>Darksbane can't see anything inside the tower.
>"I scream at the window"
>Young Green Dragon (CR8) comes out of the tower.
>Darksbane shoots an arrow, misses, runs downstairs and hides there.
>Dragon's breath insta-deaths our poor Cleric.
>Darksbane gets out of the tower and tries to persuade the dragon
>"Woah, you've really scared us!"
>Dragon responds he'll kill us all.
>Player rage quits the campaign because his lvl. 3 elf wasn't allowed to roll persuasion/deception against a Dragon.
>Why.jpg
>DM also ressurected our Cleric later, btw.
>At least I got the +1 rapier the DM gave him on lvl.1 after the party killed him.
>>
>>51960371
Wizards already have prof in light crossbows anyway. Going from d8 to d10 in a weapon they will only rarely use doesn't seem worth putting them a level behind on wizard progression.
>>
>>51959962
Smearing poison on your blade for a little extra edge when the smiting happens isn't cowardly.

Shooting a poison dart from the shadows then running, or dumping poison in someone's food, is cowardly.

Depending on your paladin's own moral code, using poison might cause undue suffering (why cause someone to literally shit and vomit themselves to death instead of just going for a deathblow with your weapon of choice?) But, like all paladin oaths in 5e, it's up to personal interpretation by the player, and no one else.
>>
Is CR pretty balanced if I go fully RAW? I'm looking into gming for the first time and I kinda wanna rules nazi it to see how good CR is.
>>
>>51960418
shield proficiency and heavy armor proficiency though...

You don't even need STR since you can just get a mount or phantom steed.
>>
>>51960325
>lethal doses of sodium cyanide detected
:^)

>>51960420
>death by undue suffering
Congratulations folks, they figured it out. Who knew a game with clerical BS based on IRL Christian morals would of course find poison loathsome for a paladin to use.
>>
>>51960443
Why not just be a mountain dwarf?
>>
>>51959941
Evil no, but I would say it feels a bit dishonorable and honor is one of the tenets of a devotion Paladin.
>>
Anyone have that PDF of all the collected UAs?
>>
>>51960360
Bumping this
>>
>>51960440
Overall (though knights are CR 2 and guards are CR 1/4 iirc) yes. Keep in mind that CR is calculated by averaging offensive and defensive CR.

PCs can usually handle more defensive CR than more offensive CR. What does this mean Well, a level 7 party can handle a Purple Worm (CR 15) much more reliably than they can handle a CR 12 archmage surprising them.

Follow the encounter guidelines and you'll be fine. At higher levels you may wanna deviate from it; which is fine, but keep in mind that highly offensive creatures like chasmes and banshees and shit are very likely to tax the PCs if used outside of normal encounter guidelines.
>>
>>51960443
Those are a bit more reasonable reasons to consider it, would say depends on how often your GM manages to get stuff passed the rest of your party to hit you.
>>
>>51960440
CR is nothing more than a loose guideline. Treat it as such. A single monster of CR X is much less of a challenge than several monsters of CR <X
>>
>>51960452
>Who knew a game with clerical BS based on IRL Christian morals would of course find poison loathsome for a paladin to use.

But that's the point: the game has no such compunctions. I raised the issue (not the guy you're responding to) for considering whether its intrinsically out of character for devotion paladins to use it, especially because of how it lets them cut suffering short.
>>
Looking for some help from experienced dms. One of my players is playing a barbarian and saved up his gold for plate armor and a shield. Because of his now insane ac and danger sense I literally can't touch him in combat. Any advice on what to do to make combat be a challenge again?
>>
>>51960452
>Who knew a game with clerical BS based on IRL Christian morals would of course find poison loathsome for a paladin to use.

>Bows and crossbows are cowardly and shouldn't be used against fellow christians because I want Sicily and their armies are better than mine!
>Beaver lives in water therefore it is fish.

Christian morals deserve christian rules lawyering.
>>
>>51960563
Point out that Barbarian's don't have heavy armour proficiency? Also that is what save based spells are for.
>>
>>51959791
Not really. Casters are still pretty solid but all and all martials can still hold their own and offer a lot to both combat and noncombat situations. Plus all martials (except for barbarian) have moderate access to spells anyways.
>>
>>51960563
So he has 20 AC, that's the expected AC of a sword and board fighter above 5 anyway.
>>
>>51960563
what's the problem? He has bad dex, wis, cha, and int saves.
>>
>>51960576
You're one of those idiots that makes fun of the bible referring to bats as birds, aren't you?
>>
File: 1375481425754.jpg (10KB, 152x150px) Image search: [Google]
1375481425754.jpg
10KB, 152x150px
>>51960358
thank you that was useful
>>
>>51960563
Have you tried assassins or casters? Or caster assassins? You can also remove him from fights with AoE spells
>>
>>51960677
>caster assassins

jesus christ how horrifying
>>
>>51960643
>hurrr
Both are things the Church came at irl, historically. If rl priests get to rules lawyer, fictional priests do too.

(And that was literally the intent of the papal bull that's often said to be against crossbows, it was specifically aimed at Sicily, which the pope coveted)
>>
File: 1476120376509.jpg (174KB, 1024x728px) Image search: [Google]
1476120376509.jpg
174KB, 1024x728px
>>51960069
Tier 1: Bard, Paladin, Wizard, and Cleric
Tier 2: Fighter, Barbarian, Sorcerer, Druid, and Rogue
Tier 3: Ranger and Warlock
Tier 4: Monk

If you go into specific archetypes the list changes a fair bit but overall this is a pretty accurate representation.
>>
>>51960689
does sneak attack and/or assassinate work with attack roll spells?
>>
>>51960677
Barbs & fighters are pretty good against assassins really.
>>
>>51960703
No, read the book.
>>
>>51960589
Can a martial survive without a caster? Can a caster survive without a martial?
>>
>>51960703
Unfortunately not
>>
>>51960697
The church came at beavers?

But seriously Catholicism is pretty trash I will admit.
>>
>>51960703
No. Nothing says your NPC monster stat block Wizsassins can't though. Hell, the Hobgoblin Devastator DOES.
>>
>>51960703
Assassinate technically does, but sneak attack does not. Deck your assassin out with some scrolls of hold person and let them open up with that and start wailing on them, unlikely that a barbarian can pass a wisdom save.
>>
>>51960740

Which is a paladin, a martial or a caster? All parties are gonna want a paladin.

A pure caster party is gonna have a hard time taking out the enemy, and its not all about combat, but it is a serious issue and 99% of fights are going to involve HP depletion as the primary currency.
>>
>>51960740
Where do you include partial casters?

An all an physical, no magic, party will fair better in direct combat than an all magic, no weapons party.

Neither works well in a standard game for long though, they run into different issues.
>>
>>51960740
Yes and Yes.

Fighters and Barbarians have enough endurance to survive quite well. The lack of magic is shitty, but rogues can help cover the loss of DPS. They will need to stock up on healing items but they will live.

Wizards and Clerics may be more fragile, but magic can help even the playing field. As long as someone can adequately build to absorb some pain, Which would most likely be the Moon Druid or Cleric, things should go smoothly enough.
>>
>>51960788
Paladins/rangers are half casters and EKs/ATs are 1/3rd casters.
>>
>>51960833
Right, but they should still be filed under martials.
>>
>>51960700
How is monk overall lower than the two above it? Even if you disregard the archetypes it's still at least as good.
>>
>>51960348
>we played like every other day
Oh, that explains it. Still very fast leveling, though, if we're talking it only took them less than 10 sessions to go from 6 to 15.
>>
>>51960852
UA revised ranger is pretty good.
>>
What spells should I pick for my Arcane Trickster? Also if I read it right, at level 3 one of the spells I pick doesn't have to be an Illusion or Enchantment spell, right? Is protection from Good and Evil a good pick?
>>
>>51960852
A vanilla bladelock still can get Oathbreaker tier damage and is the only person around besides a devotion paladin who is going to be getting a magic polearm anytime soon.

The monk has no power attack feat and the only strong offensive feat he can get is 1/2 the benefit of PAM.
>>
Ok you have shatter the spell, can it shatter gem stones?
>>
>>51960870

Did you get phantasmal force already btw?
>>
How long would you say one humanoid brain subsists a mind flayer?
>>
>>51960871
Not that Kensei isn't ass, but it DOES open up GWM or PWM usability.

And Stunning strong.
>>
>>51960881
2e and 3e sourcebooks on the topic both agree: one a month, but they would prefer to eat one a week or even sooner. They also eat other things, like soup, but the brain gives them the hormones and psychic energy they need.
>>
>>51960885
the guy here >>51960700
said If you go into specific archetypes the list changes a fair bit
>>
>>51960918
>They also eat other things, like soup
But what kind of soup does a mind flayer eat (drink?)
>>
>>51960934
Probably brain based broth.
>>
>>51960934
whatever, it gives little pleasure or taste

Illithids are basically horrible brain parasites that have taken over a human body, it has mutated it but the general parameters from the waist neck down are similar
>>
1st level adventure idea for people who are familiar with rpgs but have barely played tabletops.
>>
>>51960852
Monks are an extremely fragile melee ranged class with limited resources in early levels. They won't get a decent AC for their melee ranged role until they get almost to 20. Hence they practically require the mobile feet to dip in and out of combat. They have some decent abilities but nothing that makes them shine in any particular task. They are out-damaged, out-tanked, out-skilled, and out-ranged by all other classes. The only thing monks have that could save them is the Stunning fist and Quivering palm abilities. Stuns and save or Die abilities are very solid, but both are moderately limited, can fail easily enough against many enemies, and one of them is a late game capstone for a specific archetype.

With all of that said, I think monks are a very fun class and in truth all classes are relatively close enough in power to be viable, but in terms of tier lists, they are always gonna be at rock bottom.
>>
>>51960994
Rats in the basement.
>>
>>51960994
Rats in the sewer.
>>
>>51960994
LMoP
>>
>>51961007
>>51961009
My original idea was Rats in the basement but they're actually being controlled my a minor deity. A really minor one. Like all he can control is rats in that particular basement.

>>51961017
One of them's played it before.
>>
>>51961007
>>51961009
>>51961024
Rats in the Walls.
>>
>>51960994
Zombies in the Crypt, Kobolds have taken over a mine, Bandits have taken over an important trade route, etc. of that nature.
>>
>>51960994
Rats inside other, larger rats
>>
>>51961062
>>51961039
>>51961009
>>51961007
C'mon people have to have more original places for rats to infest.
>>
>>51961075
Large sized Rats in Small Inns?
>>
>>51961075
Rats in my ass
>>
>>51960879
Yes, but not til level 7.
>>
>>51961075
Rats in Bad Rats
>>
>>51961075
Cranium rats that infested an inn through a hidden tunnel to the Underdark
>>
>>51960262
I don't ban it, but I make it crystal clear that I'll be favouring single classes a fuckton more than multiclassed characters.

Like giving a Bard the 2nd level Bladesinger perks, giving the Warlock a pseudo Find Steed, for a special mount allowing him a more effective mounted combatant build, a signature spell that costs half the amount of sorcerer points to use (he is spamming Shatter, of all things, and I thought it would be nice to give him at least a slight chance of making it work.)

Mostly looking for options to give the monk a bit more power in the late game, as he feels pretty weak right now. Not familiar enough with the class, and despite 16 levels, he doesn't seem to have a good understanding of it either. Advice on what to give him to improve his purely unarmed build would be much appreciated, actually - or even just hints I can give him, that can help him perform better. I suspect he might be forgetting some of his core mechanics sometimes.
>>
>>51960262
I'm thinking I'll treat multiclassing simply as a magic item of various degrees, and single classes will get proportionately better gear.
>>
>>51961235
Buffing Bard of all classes, why exactly?
>>
>>51961235
You mean a Way of the Open Hand monk? Cause if so, they do have a lot of abilities that he should be remembering, but in my experience, people tend to forget. For example, every time they use Flurry of Blows, they can do an additional effect with either or both of their flurry attacks, when they hit. Also remind him of Stunning Fist, if he isn't already using it enough, and both Wholeness of Body and Tranquility are really great abilities.
>>
I legitimately love the complex traps in this UA.
>>
>>51960994
Steal a small town wizard's spell research notes
The new village headman is obviously grossly corrupt and had a local murdered for trying to contact the king about it
>>
>>51961075
rat infestation in the mayors daughter
>>
>>51961288
Melee Lore Bard.

Not as impressive as it sounds.
>>
>>51956754
Hey! Awesome man
>>
>>51961360
That doesn't even sound impressive
>>
>>51961313
No, shadow. He is struggling to really keep up with most of the others, and the Rogue is still far and beyond better st the sneaky stuff than he is as well, on top of having more damage than him.
>>
>>51956754
>18 dex halberd

for what purpose
>>
>>51961372
Exactly.
>>
>>51961360
No shit. Maybe you should have just pointed out Valor would have been a better choice instead of stapling abilities onto arguably the second best class in the game.
>>
>>51961373
shadow can start each fight, due to being invisible, by running up after scouting and stunning the enemy party's spellcaster and silencing them
>>
Has anyone tried fleshing out the rest of the Ranger spirit companion option?
>>
What the fuck happened last thread?
>>
>>51961436
I happened
>>
>>51961383
Because she got a magic Rapier meant for the Rogue at level 5, and never let go of it.

It had a noise ability, that gave advantage to hit targets relying on sound, and then causes disadvantage for the target if it was the target of an attack, hit or miss.

The Drow Rogue could cast darkness.

I don't feel like I was being vague about who the sword was meant for, but the entire group heard "it's a sword that makes noises! Give it to the bard!"

And it has actually been... Alright. Especially considering most of her useful actions have been bonus actions, and the added benefits of the sword made her extremely good in dark fights, where every attack automatically had advantage (cancelling the disadvantage from fighting in the dark), and then gave it disadvantage in case it was one of the many creatures relying on hearing to "see" in the dark.

Unfortunately, it was too late to make her take Valor Bard, and she really wanted a lore bard anyway, so it would probably have gone that direction anyway.
>>
So, I want to role a Tiefling Cleric that is absolutely self-loathing of his demonic form. He goes all out on the penance, cuts off his tail and horns, sees himself as unworthy in the eyes of his god. He constantly wants to support the other party members and thinks they are much better than him, unless he witnesses something he deems wicked and then he does everything in his power to purge/banish it. My question is, what domain should I go for him? Also, any feats/spells to not miss? Never played a cleric before.
>>
>>51961389
So can the Rogue, just even better. Mage Slayer too, and a good chance of instantly killing a wizard with less than 50 HP (which isn't exactly uncommon for a 1d4 HD wizard, even at level 15.).

The monk might do 30ish damage on a good turn. Stunning is pointless when you can insta kill it instead.
>>
>>51961373
>the Rogue is still far and beyond better st the sneaky stuff
I mean, that's the whole point of being a Rogue, to be the greatest at sneaking. Do you give them advantage for being invisible? I mean, in no way that's going to better than the rogue's guaranteed 25 and up, but it should help him get some higher rolls, considering he can be invisible for as long as he wants while in dim light or darkness. Shadow Step is also fucking awesome, as long he, again, has dim light or darkness.

Does the whole party have darkvision, or is there anyone who lacks it? If they all have, they need no light, which is a huge boon to a shadow monk, and even if someone doesn't have it, the monk can cast Darkvision for 2 Ki points on each party member, then short rest to gain it all back and still have 7 hours of full-party-darkvision ahead. Plus Pass Without Trace helps the whole party sneak around.
>>
>>51961527

>So can the Rogue, just even better.

You mean even worse.

>Mage Slayer too

okay, how does he keep the mage from backing off, slim?

>with less than 50 hp
>level 15
>isn't exactly uncommon

Yeah, it is in fact very uncommon. The highest level target he is likely to polish off would be the level 9, CR 6, mage. At frikkin level 15.

>Stunning is pointless when you can insta kill it instead.

Which you can't, so...
>>
>>51961521

Arcana is the great do everything character. Spellbreaker is a fucking great ability.
Life is obvious support.
>>
>>51959866
Finesse build is fine. It just means he doesn't use the smite-weapon invocation. Then he can still pick that up later on if he finds a Belt of Giant Strength, for example, instead of needing to find a magic tentacle flail.
>>
>>51961527
>1d4 HD wizard
Why are you throwing Tiny wizards at your party? You do know NPC hit die is determined by their size, not their class, right?

Tiny - d4; Small - d6; Medium - d8; Large - d10; Huge - d12; Gargantuan - d20.
>>
>>51960454
> STR and CON instead of INT
> Only give you Medium armor and no shield bonus
>>
>>51960010
Wish is the only one of that list capable of breaking the game, and it only does that with a spell that breaks the game when used with wish, like Simulacrum. And I'm not even positive it does that, depending on how you run simulacrum. True Polymorph is probably at least as broken.
>>
>>51960740
>>51960811
Druid and Cleric are casters brah.And 18 STR Mountain Dwarf wizard is a meme build that actually work.
>>
>>51961627

>Druid and Cleric are casters brah.

Not that great at damage though, in an edition where hit points are the main way to defeat opponents.
>>
>>51961574
>backing off
>from a guy that 1 shots you
Okay.

How the fuck does a 10HD wizard get 50 HP?

Even best case, your average wizard has maybe 60 HP at level 15, which is still possible for him to one shot.

>>51961595
I am not going to turn wizards into damage sponges, that would be fucking retarded.

I hate that way of "balancing " things, as it makes exactly 0 sense.

Besides, upping the health just makes it worse for the poor monk, who now has to burn through even more health than he already had to.
>>
>>51961620
> True Polymorph
> broken
Only if you a cheater and didn't play it by the actual rule. It can easily be dispel. It lock out all your class feature including your spell casting. Antimagic field also work.
>>
>>51960192
PHB BM ranger does better single target damage than PHB hunter ranger. Much better if you're also allowed to harvest poison in downtime. The pet is fragile, but its extra HP is still extra HP and the ranger's damage without it isn't much lower than a hunter's.

Essentially, the PHB BM is stronger than hunter at what people care about: White Room Single Target Dummy murdering.
>>
>>51961637
If you want damage... there is always a Nuclear Druid and Sorlock.
>>
>>51961588
What is the arcana domain from? I don't remember seeing it in an UA, but I've missed some. I was thinking of doing light, but I'm intrigued by a more knowledge/investigate-y cleric.
>>
>>51961671
Sword coast adventure. I prefer tempest for "do everything" character because Fire damage suck.
>>
>>51961643
>backing off
>from a guy that definitely doesn't one shot you
>and mentioning a feat that would only apply if he didn't one shot you

>How the fuck does a 10HD wizard get 50 HP?

How about we compromise, and let the big boys handle, you know... level appropriate opponents, and the rogue can handle measly CR 6 foes at level 15?

Mind you, grossly underleveled foes are still threatening, so dealing with CR 6 foes is a fine job.

>Even best case, your average wizard has maybe 60 HP at level 15

Your average wizard probably has about, what, 75ish hp at level 15. But you're not engaging in PvP arena.

Closest casters you'll be facing is the 99 hp archmage and the 104 hp arcanaloth, both CR 12.

>I hate that way of "balancing " things, as it makes exactly 0 sense.

The NPCs have about as much hit points as you'd expect for their closest analogs.

>Besides, upping the health just makes it worse for the poor monk, who now has to burn through even more health than he already had to.

Nah. Someone needs to be able to disable the arcanaloth or archmage in a timely fashion, especially in a way that doesn't trip their magic resistance.
>>
>>51956730
It's true though...
>>
>>51961660

>Nuclear Druid

Fucking retarded.

>Sorlock

An actually nice option, though generally is going to be more martial-ey.
>>
>>51961001
Every PHB monk type has ways of getting in and out of melee without relying on the Mobile feat, FWIW.
>>
>>51957286
Skilled (yes it's a nice feature that nets you 3 skills or tools of your choice), Magic initiate (grab Sacred flame for ranged combat or Sheilgah for Quarter staff SAD playstyle), Ritual magic (Druid and Cleric rituals are great utility), PAM lets them use their reaction for attacks with their quarter staff, and the UA weapon feats blade mastery and spear mastery are also pretty neat.
>>
>>51961652
You can use it to turn any creature into any thing. Even if you don't allow magic items, that's broken. You can turn any party member, no matter how frail, injured, or anti-min-maxed, into a useful contributor. And you can use it to make CR 9 outsiders from scratch for your planar binding shenanigans.

And you can use it over time to create a living family out of statues, wait for them to have children, then come around and turn the parents back into statues with dispel magic. Hang out a few years while the children adventure to be able to free their parents from the "stone curse" so you can laugh when the kids learn their parents were never real, so there's no way to restore them. If that's not abuse, I don't know what is.
>>
>>51961643
Dude, wizards are not supposed to be damage sponges, sure, but ALL NPCs are going to have more HP than PCs on the relative same level, because that's how the system is balanced. Enemies have more HP and do less damage than the average PC. Take the NPC wizard sheets, for example:

The Mage is a 9th level wizard with 40 HP, 15 AC (20 with shield), misty step to get away, and is a CR 6

The Archmage is a 18th level wizard with 99 HP (effectively a lot more because of Stoneskin), same AC as above, misty step AND mirror image to avoid damage, and even then he's a CR 12 meaning he's easy to defeat for a party of 4 level 15.

>Even best case, your average wizard has maybe 60 HP at level 15
Furthermore, you're wrong: a wizard with 12 Constitution and taking average hp on level up still has 77 HP by level 15. 14 Con, which is not that hard for a wizard, gives him 92 HP!
If you use the actually logical NPC building rules, your level 15 wizard NPC with 12 Con should have (15d8 + 15) = 82 HP.
>>
>>51961001
>extremely fragile

Not really. At level 1, they probably have the same AC everyone else does (15-16) and having dex saves + various bonus and reaction variety defenses + eventual evasion means their survivability is quite favorable compared to fighters and barbarians.

I gotta say, 5e is the first time I've seen monk capstone abilities to be really proud of, not that it'd come up much.
>>
>>51961770
I couldn't recommend spear mastery or blade mastery unless you were getting them for free though. The other benefits of Dexterity or Wisdom are worth more.
>>
>>51958516
A year as long as you have the required casting stat.
>>
>>51961782
And that wizard could have an Abjurer's Ward, False Life and Mirror Image already up for combat.
>>
>>51961778

Meh, turning useless party members into monsters seems like a pro rather than a con.

As far as pokemonning is concerned, you will want to make sure to keep that within limits comfortable with the DM, as there's many ways that can screw you over.

>Hang out a few years while the children adventure to be able to free their parents from the "stone curse" so you can laugh when the kids learn their parents were never real, so there's no way to restore them.

AMAZING
>>
>>51959161
How about a totemic warlock fusing with sprits?
Balance it like Barbarian rages.
>>
>>51961778
>then come around and turn the parents back into statues with dispel magic.
Ya can't do that, though: "If you concentrate on this spell for the full duration, the transformation becomes permanent." But I believe you can True Polymorph them again into statues, it isn't clear if Creature into Object can also become permanent...
>>
>>51961833
>AMAZING
That's child abuse, that is.
>>
>>51959398
How about a Tranquillity Monk? The features of the class up to lvl 6 are fairly good stuff (just ask your DM to come up with higher level features he thinks are appropriate instead of the broken existing ones).
>>
>>51961867
Permanent means it can still be dispelled, there's sage advice and a different wording in current printings. Don't take my word for it. It's in the basic rules too.

If you concentrate on this spell for the full duration, the transformation lasts until it is dispelled.
>>
>>51961833
The creature to object is awfully written though. Chicken into wagon? Cricket into castle? Elephant into solid platinum 100% scale elephant statue?
>>
>>51961941

PAO has always been amazingly retarded and totally unclear as to what it can do.
>>
>>51961867
Duration Permanent is equal to "until dispel".
It isn't instantaneous.
>>
>>51961867
cheater detected. >>51961652
>>
>>51961705
>Mind you, grossly underleveled foes are still threatening, so dealing with CR 6 foes is a fine job.
>wizard with level 7 spells is CR6
Okay buddy, enjoy wiping your group.

I seem to have figured out why you are confused - you assume a single "level appropriate" enemy.

I use 2 level 15 wizards with level 7 spells, and at least 3 level 15 close combat enemies to keep them "safe", which is of course impossible against a shadow monk and a Rogue.

Unfortunately, the encounters still tend to go;
1. Rogue goes 1st, one-shots 1 wizard
2. Monk goes for the other, while the Bard makes sure to counter spell whatever the mage intends to do.
3. Rest of the group holds up the 3 melee.
4. Next turn, rogue finishes off the other Wizard. Monk would have needed 3+ turns to kill him by himself.

I don't see the point of making NPCs more durable than PCs. Why? For what purpose, other than making everybody wonder why the so called heroes are more squishy than the opposition for "reasons"? That seems like terrible balance.

So far, my group can go through 2-3 encounters before running dry of resources, and the 3rd fight will be a massive struggle.

None of this changes the fact that the monk is lacking far behind his companions in both utility and damage.
>>
>>51962048
>level 7 spells
Typo, meant level 8.
>>
>>51961902
>>51961979
Huh, I had no idea. I figured permanent would mean no dispelling, cause I remembered Wall of Stone having similar wording, but upon another look Wall of Stone specifically says "it can't be dispelled".

That's funny, though, cause it means if you wanted to troll major city guilds and other important locations you could go around dispelling their Teleportation Circles and such.
>>
>>51962048
>Mind you, grossly underleveled foes are still threatening, so dealing with CR 6 foes is a fine job.
>wizard with level 7 spells is CR6
No, silly, he was talking about the CR 6 Mage, which is a 9th level wizard.

>I don't see the point of making NPCs more durable than PCs
Because NPCs have to go against a full party of powerful PCs that can do shittons of damage, as you know very well.

>my group can go through 2-3 encounters before running dry of resources
There's your other problem. 5e is balanced around the PCs fighting 6-8 medium encounters per day. If you're only doing 2-3, those have to be on the hard/deadly side of things. Which, for a 15th level party (probably with a bunch of magic items), have to be CRAZY difficult.
>>
>>51962048
>wizard with level 7 spells

Man, your reading comprehension is bad today.

1. In the MM, the CR 6 mage has like 40 hp, and the CR 7 mage has about 45 hp. They have 5th level spells. This is around the low side of the spectrum that a PC would have at those levels.

>you assume a single "level appropriate" enemy

I don't. At all. Instead I assume that if you're level 15, and you run into a powerful enemy mage, you want someone who can begin the fight with him stunned and silenced, and in many cases more than that. That's a situation where you'd want a shadow monk.

>1. Rogue goes 1st, one-shots 1 wizard

Rogue goes first, doing anything from catastrophically injuring a CR 4 12th level sea hag caster to amusing a CR 12 18th level archmage.

>2. Monk goes for the other, while the Bard makes sure to counter spell whatever the mage intends to do.

The invisible, silent monk can block out a room full of casters, and they won't even necessarily know what's amiss before they try to cast. Of course, he's still better off stunning one or more casters.

The bard negates one guy's spell. Whoop de doo.

>I don't see the point of making NPCs more durable than PCs.

Generally they aren't. Sometimes they're less durable (Warlock of the Fiend).

>None of this changes the fact that the monk is lacking far behind his companions in both utility and damage.

None of this changes the fact that the monk is your most reliable solution for disabling casters in a hurry, especially when so many of them are magic resistant AND good against most lockdown spells.
>>
>>51962048
Also, how is the rogue one-shotting anything at this point? Are letting him use the Assassinate auto-crit every encounter? Unless the whole party surprises the enemies, they're going to be aware something is going on and won't be surprised.
>>
>>51962251
That is not how surprise work.
>>
>>51962291
Well sure, if only the stealthy people went ahead while the noisy ones stayed a bit behind. the moment those NPCs detect hostiles, they can no longer be surprised. Plus
>15th level wizard without protections such as illusions or the Alarm spell
Doesn't sound like a very smart wizard, which makes me question how he managed to reach such a high level.
>>
>>51962251
> A member of a group can be surprised even if the other members aren’t.

???
>>
>>51956494
God, please. I want Bladelock to become a raging magical mid-combat glass cannon like it should be.
>>
>>51962319
>Any character or monster that doesn’t notice a threat is surprised at the start of the encounter.
Which means, creatures that DO notice a threat are not surprised.
>>
>>51957545
Naming shit is the best part!

For human-sounding places, just pick a mineral or town feature, add locational descriptions, and remove letters:

>Iron Town - Irnton
>Steel Hamlet - Steelham
>River Under Bridge - Underbridge

For arcane-sounding places, just take everyday words and remove the first and last letters, and maybe add or swap one to make it sound cooler:

>Hangover - Angrove
>Laptop - Apto
>Branding - Randin
>Shelving - Helvin
>>
>>51958534
Quest for a dragon to get rid of some villagers who're stealing its gold and princesses.

Oriental Dragon
>>
>>51962377
Not bad.
>>
>>51958534
A greedy warlord has stolen the sacred jade orb and used it to imprison the daughter of a great spirit. A war now rages between mortals and spirits in the land of the River under the Eastern Sun. Are the party bad enough dudes to save the spirit-lord's daughter and bring peace to the land?
>>
File: AmazonWizard.jpg (155KB, 500x403px) Image search: [Google]
AmazonWizard.jpg
155KB, 500x403px
So after some shenanigans involving possession by an ancient wizard and then mind melding, my DM is allowing me "respec" my lvl 7 Battlemaster to an Eldritch Knight

Im an archer
no school restrictions, I have complete access to the entire wizard list
and my Int was bumped to 20 from the original 7

what spells should I pick?
>>
>>51956454
Improved crafting rules and downtime activities. I'd actually like to be able to mix my own poison, make my own armor or enchant my own ring.
>>
>>51956454
Either Crafting rules or a Monk/Sorcerrer rework for their basic class features (both getting a higher Hp die and making thje Ki/Sorcerry point features scale better).
>>
>>51962991
>>51963018
I'd love better crafting rules. I love crafting in games but it tends to be shit even it's not totally busted.
>>
>>51963084
Crafting rules require them to come up with crafting processes and ingridents while balancing the pricing to prevent exploits.
Crafting should still be profitable but they wrote the rules arround ignoring it completely in favour of loot.
>>
>Two Handed. This weapon requires two hands when you attack with it.
That mean that i can cast spells with somatic components while wielding two handed weapon, right? Since i can easily take one arm of the hilt, perform the gesture necessary and then grip the sword again. Am i wrong?
>>
>>51963208
Yes.

If the spell requires a material component as well though then you will have to spend your turn sheathing your weapon, and then next turn you can cast the spell
>>
>>51956454
Grappling
>>
>>51963360
I've never got the point of grappling. You have to build around it and all it does is stop them moving. Why bother?
>>
>>51959802
Should've figured 4e doesn't count anymore
>>
>>51963380
It sucks, like ranger. A UA can make it not suck, like ranger
>>
>>51956454
Expanding on what >>51963360 suggests:
More martial combat options in general.
I know the DMG has basic rules for tripping/disarming/etc, but I think it would be fun to see some variant rules for more dynamic combat.
>>
>>51962857
You are better off as a battlemaster. Ask your DM if he could give you Arcane archer featurres as maneuvers instead
>>
>>51963380
Because it's more interesting than hitting it till it dies. Being a martial is largely boring and many are desperate for more interesting options even if the game makes them ultimately useless
>>
>>51963408
Rules for disarming, targeting weak spots, adapting to enemy strategy, maybe?
>>
>>51963380
All it does is stop them moving and allow you to manipulate their position on the battlefield at half-speed.

Unless your DM is the sort of guy that just has monsters rush into melee range with the closest target and stay there until they die, that can be handy.
>>
>>51963460
>Unless your DM is the sort of guy that just has monsters rush into melee range with the closest target and stay there until they die
That's most DMs. Hell that actually is a good strategy for a bunch of monsters
>>
>>51962377
>Carpet - Arpe
>Bathroom - Athroo - Athrue
>Policeman - Olicema - Olisma
>Hairdresser - Airdresse

This is fun. Keep in mind the further you go beyond 2 syllables the harder it is to hide.
>>
>>51963482
Also makes combat hideously boring, without acknowledging that most monsters aren't optimal combatants. Self-preservation is a thing, sending someone to warn the rest of the tribe is thing, targeting the squishy ones and the back instead of the sturdy ones at the front is a thing.

There's plenty of reasons for intelligent monsters to want to disengage from combat, change position or do something other than stand still and make the optimal number of attacks.
>>
>>51963237
thanks
>>
So, with that new UA, are melee warlocks actually good now?

No "everything is viable" bullshit, please.
>>
>>51963641
Melee warlocks are better than they were but EB hexlocks are better than hexbladelocks.
>>
>>51963641
Everything is not bad.

They're still unoptimised compared to other options, but it's gone a long way towards keeping them viable.

If you multiclass a Bladelock with something that benefits from the spell options (pretty much everything benefits from Devil's Sight+Darkness) then it's pretty decent.
>>
>Polearm Master
>Eldritch Blast
>Devil's Sight
>Shillelagh
>Simulacrum
>Multiclassing
>Superiority dice

This is what is wrong with 5e. You can't deny it.
>>
>>51963725
>PAM
Only problem is lack of balance
>Eldritch Blast
Is mostly fine
>Devil's Sight
How is it even bad
>Shillelagh
Should probably not use Wis
>Multiclassing
Yes, and all your dumb shit list can be boiled down to that
>Superiority dice
KYS
>>
>>51963677
>Devil's Sight+Darkness

I hate this meme. Your party will fucking hate you because they can't do shit, your DM will fucking hate you and just throw more things with superior darkvision in because why the fuck not, and it isn't even that good.
>>
>>51963747
The problem is that there is no reason not to take everything in the list except superiority dice, which is just a retarded mechanic.
>>
>>51963773
How the fuck do Shillelagh and PAM work off each other? Shillelagh summons a fucking club.
>>
>>51963799
read the book nigga
>>
So what makes Paladins so good in 5e? I see people rank them highly all the time, but I haven't played one yet.
>>
>>51963799
PAM uses quarterstaff

Which is stupid since it doesn't always work with spears or tridents.
>>
>>51963843
smite damage
>>
>>51963843
+saving throw aura. It's so hard to get a bonus in saving throw in 5e and +5 to everyone is a major boon.
>>
>>51963748
> Your party will fucking hate you because they can't do shit

Why? Attacking enemy in darkness without vision is neither advantage or disadvantage
>>
>>51963747
>Should probably not use Wis
Why wouldn't a spell on a Wis-casting class spell list use Wis?
>>
>>51963932
This is retarded. Are you retarded?
>>
>>51963843
Saving throw advantage (+5 essentially comes out to be that) and massive burst damage from smites since you'll almost never use your other spells.
>>
>>51963959
It is retarded, but that's how the spell works.
>creature can't see any attackers, so all attacks against it have advantage
>character can't see creature it's attacking, so its attacks have disadvantage
>advantage and disadvantage cancel out
>>
>>51963959
As counter-intuitive and dumb as that sounds, it is actually correct RAW (not sure if RAI though). If you can't see your enemy, you're effectively blinded, giving you disadvantage. However, if your enemy can't see you either, he's also effectively blinded, which gives you advantage and cancels out the disadvantage.
>>
>>51963959
> A creature in a heavily obscured area effectively suffers from the blinded condition.

Blind
> You have disadvantage on attack rolls.
> Attack rolls against you have advantage.

Both side are blind so they just cancel each other advantage/disadvantage out. The warlock can just call out the location of enemy to his party member.
>>
>>51964009
>>51964009
>>51964009

New thread

>>51964009
>>51964009
>>51964009
>>
>>51963989
>>51964002
So the spell is nearly useless unless you grab Sight, is it?
>>
>>51963989
>>51964002
>>51964006
If they effectively cancel eachother out then the combo is moot when both sides can just attack without any form of hindrance.
>>
>>51964019
It's useful in the sense that the rest of your party still has a general idea of where the enemy is, but the enemy should have no clue where any of you are so long as they remain in the cloud and you move. They remain good targets for AoEs, you don't, necessarily. It's useful if the enemy has spellcasters, because you can block their line of sight and they can't even target you with single target effects until they leave the cloud.
>>
>>51964019
You can abuse it if you've got a range build. You can aim at targets at max range, cast Darkness on yourself, and shoot them without any disadvantage, because although you've got Dis- from range and being blind, both cancel out from being hidden.

>>51963959
And now you see why it's so popular. Extra useful for roguelocks, because advantage = Sneak Attacks. All the time. Everywhere.
>>
>>51963725
>PAM
A bit too preeminent, we need feats for other weapon groups to compete but won't be a totally required tax.
>EB
Nothing wrong here besides warlocks not getting +Cha as a separate class feature so they can take more utility invocations
>Devil's Sight
Nothing wrong
>Shillelagh
Nothing wrong
>Multiclassing
Nothing wrong unless you use UA
>Superiority Dice
Yeah, they should have kept the playtest "every martial uses special dice" thing.
>>
>>51963950
Because it summons a physical weapon.
>>
>>51964683
It doesn't summon anything you twat, it magically imbues a block of wood you already have.
>>
>>51963641
Hexblade still lacks in like a 5 point average in damage compared to eldritch blast centered warlock but the whole new option seems to be made to multiclass with stone sorcerrer.
>>
>>51963725
>>Polearm Master
Perfectly balanced

>>Eldritch Blast
The best cantrip in the game relying on class features to be good.

>>Devil's Sight
A great support invocation.

>>Shillelagh
Was only meant for druids but somehow we got classes that can grab other's spells as their own. Bards and Tomelocks are the ones that need to be hammered out

>>Simulacrum
Fucking wizards

>>Multiclassing
Only cause every Cha based class is frontloaded on low level features that interact well. Remove Cha based classes and enjoy your game.

>>Superiority dice
Should have been an universal martial mechanic with maneouvers distributed to each martial class.
Thread posts: 397
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.