[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how many dicks does a fa/tg/uy have to suck to get a good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 18

File: imagenes-de-one-piece-3.jpg (603KB, 1155x1600px) Image search: [Google]
imagenes-de-one-piece-3.jpg
603KB, 1155x1600px
So how many dicks does a fa/tg/uy have to suck to get a good One Piece ttg rules?

Bonus points if its actually intended to be one piece and is not just repurposed mutants and mastermind or something.
>>
Any One Piece (and Naruto, and Bleach, and Fairy Tail, and...) RPG will be a generic, or at the very least, very wide in scope system, because only generic systems can handle the variety of powers and abilities that the game has.

Beyond that, it's up to you what parts of the series you want to put the emphasis on.
>>
>>51951053
I know we had a dragon ball tabletop floating here before so I am sure there is a system designed just FOR that wide scopeness.

I remember a particularly good one but it seems abandoned.
>>
>>51951158
>I know we had a dragon ball tabletop floating here before

Dragonball is extremely specific. There's basically melee fighting, beam fighting, and moving really fast fighting, powering up, and that's it. I can't think of an interesting power from Dragonball that isn't "Bullshit invincibility Goku needs to get through somehow".
>>
>>51951199
Devilman's was pretty cool.
>>
>>51950657
Has anyone tried using One Piece's world in a more gritty game? That sounds fun to me.
>>
>>51951497
Explain.

Do you mean like, using Vtm's system or "You are a bunch of vampires who, through no fault of your own, are fighting Fartsmasher of the Stench pirate band.
>>
>>51951275
Admittedly, there are some early exceptions... but those are also the ones that a dedicated Dragonball system wouldn't really be able to handle making original ones of, and you'd again be better off with a more flexible one.
>>
>>51950657
Sadly a general system, but Valor would handle it really well. Made for anime-inspired games with modular abilities.

>>51951053
Check out the NarutoD20. Last I checked the corebook, it was 1100 pages long, 900 of which was just jutsus.
>>
>>51951631
>Check out the NarutoD20. Last I checked the corebook, it was 1100 pages long, 900 of which was just jutsus.

I'll amend my statement to

>Any One Piece (and Naruto, and Bleach, and Fairy Tail, and...) RPG will be a generic, or at the very least, very wide in scope system, because only generic systems can handle the variety of powers and abilities that the game has without becoming a convoluted 1100 page mess.
>>
>>51951568
What do vampires have to do with it at all? Honestly, I just mean One Piece using "flashback rules," where guns, bombs, and devil fruit powers have real lethality and fights aren't won by protagonist power.
>>
>>51951781
You said gritty, its the darkest system I know.

So you just... want a pirate story?
>>
>>51951890
No, it would still be One Piece's setting but without its usual narrative conventions, etc.
>>
>>51952383
So its not one piece?

Taking a bright show and making it dark is just making a dark thing, a big part of one piece is its own sillyness, coupled with bleak tragedy that has touched each individual character.

If its not its just pirates vs marines with magical powers. Aka pirates of the caribbean.
>>
>>51952481
I said "flashback rules." Do you not know how flashbacks work in One Piece? Humor still exists, but events proceed in a more logical and less contrived manner, generally. Good examples would be Nami's flashback, Robin's flashback, and Law's flashback.
>>
>>51952652
Right but its partnered with the rest of one piece, and even then the flashbacks still have nutty characters, its just tragic things happen to them.

You want a setting with no nutty characters, lots of tragic things, and that it ends quickly because the pcs get wiped out.

It's just a pirate setting.
>>
>>51952704
>no nutty characters
I didn't say that.

>lots of tragic things
This is common in the world, especially in the Grand Line. It's even been pretty explicit lately.

>ends quickly because the PCs get wiped out
Remember how characters call Luffy insane for just rushing into encounters? If my players have brains, it should be fine.

I don't know why you're fighting this so hard.
>>
>>51952831
Because the "X setting but edgy" is done to death and was never that good idea to begin with.
>>
>>51952879
I said "gritty," not "edgy," and the fact is that One Piece, when it isn't dealing with the Straw Hats in the current moment, is pretty gritty.

Anyway, I really don't care about your personal biases. If you don't have an argument, you don't have an argument.
>>
>>51953045
Gritty and edgy translate to the same story. Adding darkness is a beginners idea of how to make a interesting story and it is 13 year old fanfiction material.

And its not a personal biases, the fact is your idea is unoriginal and takes most of the one piece out of one piece.

There is a reason one piece isn't all flashback. Because the individual tragedies lose potency when it becomes normal. Misery becomes mundane. If you actually expect bad shit to happen who fuckin cares when it does. It's like game of thrones.
>>
>>51953193
Gritty doesn't necessarily mean adding darkness. It's more about adding logical consistency and detail. Blame reality for the fact that this tends to end badly. I really don't think it's childish to want to remove protagonist power and deus ex machina from my story.

It isn't that miserable stuff would be happening constantly. It is that it would be constantly possible, and my players would have to make good decisions in order to minimize the chances, like, you know, normal human beings.
>>
>>51953426
>Gritty doesn't necessarily mean adding darkness.

Very true, but you specifically defined it as
> Honestly, I just mean One Piece using "flashback rules," where guns, bombs, and devil fruit powers have real lethality and fights aren't won by protagonist power.

Which is.

Plus "Constantly possible" is just a way to blame your players for when your setting gets bland cause you keep killing everyone off.
>>
>>51953193
You understand that the setting of One Piece is dark, right? But it doesn't seem so because it focuses on the adventures of the Straw Hats, right?

He wants a One Piece game in the One Piece setting, but without the lightness added by virtue of it being shounen. He's not trying to force in grimderp, just emphasise that life is poor when you're not a main character.
>>
>>51953525
Yes, and its good the way it is.

One piece does not need to be darker and empahsising that life is poor when your not the main character is a mockable statement when in a tabletop, you are, by definition, the main character. The mainest character possible even.
>>
>>51950657
Just take my advice and avoid the D20 one that gets passed around, like the plague. It's completely broken and unplayable, not to say anything of the lack of interest, adherence to OP lore, or fun.
>>
>>51953822
So valor is my best bet then?
>>
>>51953523
>Wow, weapons, which are designed to hurt things, hurt things. It's so dark!

>just a way to blame your players for when your setting gets bland cause you keep killing everyone off
It really sounds like you've had some bad personal experiences that are coloring your perceptions. Come back when you get some impartiality.
>>
>>51954043
Sure, you'll find out if you are right or not when you do it anyway.
>>
>>51950657
I'd use Open Legend. Partly because it's a good fit for that sort of pastiche of abilities and character types, but mostly because I've been looking for an excuse to try it out.
>>
File: 1251789557226.png (252KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
1251789557226.png
252KB, 704x396px
>>51953822
There are definitely some balancing issues that need to be addressed with it, but those other three seemed fine when I played it.
>>
I've never seen anyone come up with a good Devil Fruit without them trying to make over powered/ridiculous powers.
>>
>>51955332
In my one piece game my characters Backstory Figure was a world noble who ate a cursed fruit.

Unfortunately his was the Goki Goki and so his abbilites pertained to the summoning and control of roaches.

His bubble helmet was black because the bugs writhed inside it. He basically used his status to run black market rings like Flamingo did.
>>
>>51955332
Well, if your devil fruit isn't overpowered and/or ridiculous you're not sticking to the theme of the show.
>>
>>51955420
But it can be argued that there is a right way and a wrong way when designing a devil fruit.

I just think that creating a devil fruit that turns a person into an many armed-winged, many eyed stone idol covered in halos is a step in the wrong direction.
>>
>>51950657
>>51955296
>High Alteration attribute, representing gumgum stretchiness
>Attribute Substitution I: substitute Alteration for Fortitude
That's the baseline gumgum effects. Easy peasy.
>>
>>51955409
>I once played a revolutionary microwave Logia
Ah, my mortal enemy!.
>>
>>51955592
Now I want to play a mythical zoan, Model: angel
>>
>>51955716
No you don't.
Their character was a mess because it had no clear concept or limitations. What powers does an angel have?
>>
>>51955779
I'd go for the more typical depiction of angels, so: wings, healing miracles, probably a huge boost to observation haki from the ability to hear prayers.
>>
The angel fruit wasn't even a mythical zoan, just a variation on the human fruit like the Buddha guy.
>>
>>51955939
Buddha guy IS a mythical zoan.
>>
>>51956065
Well I'm going to assume they didn't know that.
Just proves my point about how awful an Angel-Angel Fruit really is.
>>
>>51956156
At least it's not the fucking Ope-Ope.
>>
>>51956397
Doesn't change the fact that it is a terrible idea and anyone who likes it has bad taste in powers.
>>
>>51956397
I mean, the Ope Ope is OP, but there's a clear concept that ties it together. It's like the Kage Kage in that regard.

Really, I don't think I've ever seen a created devil fruit that felt like a devil fruit at all. It's almost like they come from some weird corner of Oda's mind that no one else can simulate.
>>
>>51955592
>tfw I just want to be able to play a character who uses a Wood Logia fruit

Either Wood Wood Fruit or the Flicker Flicker Fruit that's a Paramecia that lets the user create light-refracting panes of glass, allowing them to make things appear where they aren't, look like there's copies of whatever he chooses, or even render himself or others invisible by surrounding all sides of himself/others with panes of the glass.
>>
>>51950657
>So how many dicks does a fa/tg/uy have to suck to get a good One Piece ttg rules?
One more. *unzips*
>>
>>51956702
Sounds like Namis mirage tempo
>>
>>51956798
Very similar concept.

I'm not sure if Nami's Mirage Tempo can affect others or only make mirages of her, though.
>>
>>51956683
My proudest moment in custom devil fruit making was a Steam-steam logia, but I ran into a problem designing a character to give it to.
>Hmm he's a logia so he needs to be less experienced that the other party members for balance, so I should make him younger
>and If he's got steam powers I could tie it together with a steampunk theme, give him some Victorian era clothes and some goggles
>He should have a weapon he can channel his steam through, like a pipe
>...this is Sabo, I've created Sabo.
>>
>>51956397
Ah the Op-Op fruit, the devil fruit so broken they had to give it a mana cost.
>>
>>51956702
Wood logia's always a dope idea, but it can be either reasonably powerful, it very broken, depending on whether logia users can control part of their element they didn't create.
>>
>>51956963
I justify it by relating it to bad surgery movies. You know those scenes where the surgeon is concentrating so hard that he begins to sweat? That
>>
>>51956683
There's a concept, but I wouldn't call it clear. I understand that he can create an "operating room" where he can manipulate stuff, and being able to cut anything without harming it and put things back together is fantastic theming, but the teleportation ability has nothing to do with it at all. If you squint maybe you can say he's doing transplants, but actual teleportation for that?

It's such a wide and vague concept that almost anything can be justified with it, too. What even is gamma knife?
>>
>>51957296
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiosurgery
>>
>>51957296
He teleporting fits the theme... sometimes. When it works as intended he swaps places with something else within the room... but yeah, there are times when he just doesn't need to. I suspect those times are anime-only instances.
>>
File: enel.jpg (51KB, 800x494px) Image search: [Google]
enel.jpg
51KB, 800x494px
>>51957296
A gamma knife is a surgical process using radiation to destroy tumors.
It does fit his theme, It's just not necessarily in line with the uses of his fruit we'd seen him use before. But devil fruit users come up with weird new uses all the time (looking at YOU Doflamingo) Because their only real limit is the vague description of the power.
>"I Stretch like rubber, that means I'm immune to electricity right?"
>"Well technically rubber doesn't CONDUCT electricity but could still be burned or melted but the intense heat that it cau.."
>"TAKE THIS LIGHTNING GOD!"
>>
>>51950657
>>
File: Kuma_Takes_Away_Luffy's_Pain.png (513KB, 1113x661px) Image search: [Google]
Kuma_Takes_Away_Luffy's_Pain.png
513KB, 1113x661px
>>51956397
>>51956963
The most overpowered fruit is still the Paw-paw fruit, by far.
>>
>>51957659

Would Luffy's player be That Guy?
>>
>>51957757
EVERY Strawhat, except for Usopp, is That Guy
>Mokey D. "nuh-uh, bullets just bounce off me" Luffy
>Roranoa "I kill them because they're in my way" Zoro
>Black Leg "A true gentleman like myself would never harm you m'lady" Sanji
>"Mirage's are from the weather, that means I'm invisible" Nami
>Tony Tony "I have 4 more form than anyone with this type of power" Chopper
>Nico "Snaps your neck without even trying" Robin
>Cyborg "Then I pose and show off my bulge" Franky
>Soul King "Nu-uh, I already killed them all" Brook.
>>
>>51957916
>Black Leg
It's "Vinsmoke" now.
>>
>>51950657
well that would be hard, as it would require a good setting
>>
>>51958002
Since this is probably bait, I'll ask more generally: are there actually people who dislike One Piece's setting? It's almost always the plot, characters, or art that I see being insulted.
>>
>>51957916
Isn't Nico Robin a highly skilled assassin?
>>
>>51958133
She snapped every neck at Tequila Wolf.

God I wish Robin got more shit to do.
>>
Bad karma games has a good d20 system
>>
File: OP - Bluenos.png (1MB, 1920x512px) Image search: [Google]
OP - Bluenos.png
1MB, 1920x512px
Best devil fruit.
>>
>>51958256
You have good taste, anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (261KB, 1016x1968px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
261KB, 1016x1968px
>>51958256
I know it's retarded, but I can't shake the feeling that I'd like to eat this guy's fruit.
>>
>>51957916

Robin can only sprout body parts where her petals can reach. which is apparently Oda's signal to make her fucking worthless in 90% of her appearances besides "i made a stairway" or "foot fetish bait"
>>
>>51958567
I think it's objectively the shittiest power thus far. He has to give up swimming/gain a weakness to being in water for the ability to... make clothing out of leaves, which Raizou can probably already do because he's a ninja?
>>
>>51958727
Really? I thought the petals were just cosmetic. I'm pretty sure her power could still do a lot more in fights where she just stands around, though.
>>
>>51958567
This dude was so damn convenient.
>actually I'm a samurai
>oh you're all freezing? Good thing I have the warm clothes - warm clothes fruit.
>we're against a shit ton of explosions? I mastered the art of slash-explosions-in-half
>oh you're going to dressrosa?
>oh you're going to zou?
>OH YOU'RE GOING TO WANO?
>>
>>51958727
But she can sprout her body parts anywhere she can see. As long as she knows there's a surface, she can grow something. I have no idea why you think the petals are necessary when they never have been.
>>
File: 1441996661466.png (202KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
1441996661466.png
202KB, 704x396px
>>51958727
No, the petals don't actually do anything except justify the fruit's name. The reason Robin is useless is because she's so broken that Oda has to contrive situation where she can't use her powers, or simply has her stand around doing nothing while people fight around her. Pretty much the only times she actually fought seriously, it was against the "I'm so fat I don't have a neck to snap" Skypean and the "I don't have bones" octopus guy.

Everything else she's done has been utility, mook clearing, or that one time she stopped Hakuba and then stood around watching Kyros fight without helping in any way.
>>
>>51960497
The shadow fucker also managed to thwart her, but it just swapped bodys.

Anyway thanks for helping.
>>
>>51953862
It's definitely my recommendation. The way One Piece basically works is "pick a theme and/or a devil fruit, come up with creative techniques based on that" which is exactly what Valor is.
>>
File: confused birb.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
confused birb.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>tfw less interested in the Fruits than in the various unexplained martial arts of the setting

How does Three Sword Style actually work? What even is Rokushiki on a technical level?
>>
>>51961298
What even is Rokushiki on a technical level?

Kicking real hard, poking real hard, and being real hard.
>>
File: shigun.gif (812KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
shigun.gif
812KB, 500x281px
>>51961298
The three-sword style is just the two-sword style with an extra, somewhat weaker, sword.
In one piece, people can just gain minor powers from nowhere sometimes, (not burning when your leg is on fire, cutting through fire, creating duplicates of things out of aura) The six styles are just six of these powers that the marines discovered anyone could learn with enough training, so they developed a martial art around it.
>>
>>51953822
It is not unplayable. I actually did play it.
And it can be fun if you understand the system's glaringly obvious problems while your GM doesn't and proceed to utterly break what he had intended as a serious campaign.
>>
>>51950657
Use Valor.
Get a view for free by searching in the pdf share thread
>>
I think the biggest problem with a One Piece game is that the main crew we follow around aren't exactly the best role models.
People would join thinking that they're going to be like the next Straw Hats crew when they shouldn't. The Straw Hats are not proper pirates.
>>
File: surprise birb.gif (992KB, 500x226px) Image search: [Google]
surprise birb.gif
992KB, 500x226px
>>51961677
>people can just gain minor powers from nowhere
Well, then.

>>51963508
What exactly is meant by that?
>>
>>51963537
That I can't actually recall the last time the Straw Hats just decided to go rob someone, sink ships and take lives or do anything pirate-y on a whim.

They do a lot of nice things is what I'm saying.
>>
>>51963569
Well, they are usually nice to the people they like/is part of their team and get caught up in shit.

They are still pretty selfish from time to time, and have no qualms about, say, just taking food from people.
>>
>>51951497
Define gritty. We're talking about a setting where the main form of government is Imperium of Man with boats (they even have an island scale Exterminatus), and the orcs have magical demon super powers.
>>
>>51963655
>and the orcs have magical demon super powers.

...who are the orcs?
>>
>>51950657
Shit, now I'm game designing in my head.

The first thing I would have to iron out is, of course, devil fruits. Thankfully devil fruits aren't entirely random and instead fit into 3 categories which will make it easier to stat them. And of course you would also need to be able to make comparable characters that don't use devil fruit powers. I'd split those into two categories of people, Fight types and Skill types.

To start off with, character creation would be the easiest thing. Design a character creation system that could fit the various needs that a character in one piece would have and then reverse engineer a system that can work for those characters.

Damnit. Fuck it. I guess I know what my next project is.
>>
File: sanji-one-piece.jpg (234KB, 780x585px) Image search: [Google]
sanji-one-piece.jpg
234KB, 780x585px
>>51961677
>Burning leg came from nowhere
Somebody hasn't been keeping up.
>>
>>51955779
You sound like no fun. You realize that there's a devil fruit power that turns you into Buddha, right?
>>
>>51956683
I made a devil fruit once. The Spin Spin fruit. It lets parts of your body spin around around on their axis. Think like buggy's power, but instead of coming apart all your pieces are still stuck together, they can just spin about.

His techniques were to spin to turn his fist into a drill punch, spin fast enough that he can cause mini tornadoes, deflect attacks away by spinning, spin his arms around to act as a helicopter.

Thinking back on it, I wonder if giving him the ability to make other things spin would be a good addition or would that be too much like the spinning door from the door door fruit?
>>
>>51964024
Mein bruder. I had the same idea, only I called it the Gyro Gyro no Mi. But then Buffalo was a thing.
>>
>>51963508
That's a silly way to look at it. The DM presents the campaign and themes, and the players present the way they want to handle said campaign. That goes for any system.

If you want to run a pirate campaign, tell the players they are pirates. The thing about being a pirate is the freedom that comes with it, which means both the freedom from laws and morality. What they want to do with that freedom is up to them, which is the entire point of freedom.

Alternatively if you wanted to give them more confined guidelines then give them something else more than "You're a pirate." Tell them they are marines, tell them that they are pirates specifically under the rule of pirate fleet (like an emperor) and thus HAVE to steal shit and make money to keep living, tell them that they are a simple merchant ship just trying to get by. You only get to set the scene, you can't choose how the players handle it.
>>
>>51964167
What? FUCK.
>>
>>51963672
Pirates.
>>
>>51958740
>objectively the shittiest power thus far
I think you're forgetting a few. Kin'emon's power, while not great for direct combat, is good for utility. Being able to make disguises, camouflage (which can probably be switched at will), and armor for yourself and others would be very useful. Furthermore, you could probably bind an enemy up in something if you could get something on their head.
>>
>>51963590
Being nice people doesn't really seem all that pirate like.
>>
>>51964411
Being good to your friends and allies pays dividends.
>>
>>51964024
I think giving him the ability to spin other things, so long as he's touching them makes sense.
>>
>>51963961
Buddha is just a man.
So far the fruit doesn't change that and give things that a man doesn't already possess.

Unlike the angel fruit which grants multiple arms and wings. Creates spooky looking halos and turns the user's skin into a white rock like material.
>>
>>51963569
In other words, your average pirate is probably CN; simply out for their own gain, screw the government. Many are CE, actively malicious towards the people they come across. Then you have ones like the Straw Hats who are CG. While not the only CG party, they are probably one of relatively few. It's hard to get by in the One Piece world as Good Aligned individuals.

I do think that it wouldn't be the end of the world if a group of PCs took inspiration from the Strawhats for a party, if the GM was on board, but really they only make it through things so cleanly because of plot. Just finished War of the Best, and I've been puzzling over how under normal circumstances there's this bizarre no-kill bubble around the MCs where none of the named characters almost ever die, while our view of the rest of the world is pretty grim. So the GM would have to figure out whether that applies to the PCs as well.

Alternatively, they could take inspiration from one of the other crews we meet over the course of the series. Playing a fledgling pirate empire inspired by the whitebeard pirates (LN pirates?) would be pretty interesting for an intrigue/building game.
>>
>>51963569
Right but thats actually kind of common.

At least 2 Yonko were paragons of virtue. As was Fisher Tiger, and presumably the rebel army.

When the goverement's moral high ground is non existent you are pretty blessed with choices.

>>51965124
Fate points? I mean we know why Oda does it, mostly cause he likes his main characters and it would limit him to take one out. Since that's a character arc he won't get to finish. But it also usually helps that for the most part the crew is comfortably high above the mooks.

>>51964228
Marines got fruit too, its a bad comparison.
>>
bump for devil fruit ideas
>>
>>51967294
Round round fruit. It lets you become a man sized bouncy ball. This is devastating if you have a higher elevation then your foe.
>>
>>51967495
Already exists.
There is a Marine who can do what Buggy does but round.
>>
>>51967533
No it doesnt turn you into a bunch of round things, it makes you one round thing.

Like a armadillo.
>>
>>51966123
By no-kill bubble, I was actually more referencing all the other NPCs they come across. It wasn't until Impel Down that I realized that literally zero of their villains actually died. If a person has a name around them, they will almost certainly survive, even if left on the ground bleeding out. Only unnamed mooks seem to ever die around them.
>>
>>51967699
Even then we have no reason to believe they actually died. So far whenever anyone dies its a HUGE deal, either to a person or the plot.

Thing with one piece is its not often lethal, which makes it so horrifying when it actually happens.
>>
>>51967752
Except that when we get flashbacks or stories of elsewhere in the world, people are dying left and right. Brook's entire crew died by poison. Squard lost his to Blackbeard. We see three named deaths at War of the Best, which happens to be when only one MC is present, and he's unconscious for one of those. Further, it's implied that many navy died there due to not getting prompt care.
>>
>>
>>51967939
Yeah but these are all big deals to the people flashbacking or at the war.

Death is serious bizness, it doesnt happen flippantly.
>>
File: 1466645582927.jpg (139KB, 640x717px) Image search: [Google]
1466645582927.jpg
139KB, 640x717px
>>51968048
I fucking love Kizaru.
>>
>>51968087
I'm not saying that it isn't a big narrative deal, just pointing out that it does happen, and fairly often. Based even on those limited snapshots, we get an image of a pretty dangerous world. It just so happens that none of those deaths ever happen when the party is around.
>>
>>51968087
Even mooks getting killed only happens when there's a point to it, like the sheer amount of death at Marineford forcing Coby to stand up to an admiral to try and prevent more.
>>
>>51968217
No doubt, as I mentioned before, the trick seems to be to make it difficult to off someone but easy to beat the shit out of them.

You also have to tone the lethalness because the biggest threat is the damn ocean since the grandline is so vicious. It takes a special type to enjoy "Save or TPK"
>>
So should the Hole-Hole devil fruit either turn the person into an empty hole themselves, or allow them to create holes in other things?
>>
>>51968521
Both.
>>
>>51968521
The hole hole fruit makes them realize that life is meaningless and gives them clinical depression.
>>
>>51950657
So, why are devil fruit abilities considered curses, again? Also, are there more useless powers than we realize, or is it very rare to get a bad power?
>>
>>51968688
They taste awful, can take time to use to, and ostracise and isolate you in a world that seems to have only one major landmass.
>>
>>51968634
Nope, you have to choose one or the other.
With Paramecia fruits you either generate or become an object.
>>
>>51968894
Nah there is nothing stopping a person who creates holes to put holes on themselves. Like Ivankov
>>
>>51968688
One Piece works where you can come up with basically any technique as long as you can somehow justify it by your fruit, as opposed to fruits having a finite set of potential effects. IE a different rubber man may come up with entirely different moves. This also means that fruits that could be stupid can still be powerful, given a broad enough interpretation. IE a table-table fruit, which you use to summon tables as weapons, barricades, etc, plus you can disguise as a table. Stupid, but still effective.
>>
>>51969188
Yeah, so far the best choices have been stuff like open legend where you have a lot of "This is hard mechanic fluff it how you choose"
>>
>>51968920
But that is different from being a hole yourself.
>>
>>51969413
Depends on how big the hole is but fair, not like you wouldn't have enough material to work with.
>>
>>51969486
Infinite hole depth but not size.
>>
>>51951053
>Naruto
Five Nations does it without being generic. It still manages to be bloated, though.
>>
>>51963753
True, I haven't, but unless you're telling me Sanji ate a devil fruit, the point stands.
>>
File: Franky-1.jpg (45KB, 460x521px) Image search: [Google]
Franky-1.jpg
45KB, 460x521px
>>51963508
>The Straw Hats are not proper pirates.
So... what? You're gonna tell people you're running a One Piece campaign, but then instead run a Pirates of the Caribbean campaign?
>>
>>51963569
>take lives
They fly a jolly roger you idiot.
>>
>>51964024
That Sounds like what his awakened fruit would be.

I had a similar fruit on an npc once. He had the flip-flip fruit, he could make nearby things flip upside down.
Everyone though it was stupid until the realized they were on a boat.
>>
>>51964296
>Player starts using his power to turn leaves in to handcuffs and straitjackets.
>"...What? He's WEARING them!"
>>
>>51967294
I've been using the Grip-Grip fruit. It's the opposite of the paw-paw fruit. The users hands are invulnerable and can take a firm, inescapable grip on anything.This makes him a terrifying grappler, even to logias, but he can also scale walls like spider-man, pick up and throw fire, grab light out of the air then use it like blinding powder, even pull people around by their shadows.
>>
>>51955332
Devil Fruits are supposed to be ridiculous and overpowered. That's like their whole point.
>>
>>51964756
The Phoenix fruit let's you fly, summon fire, and gives you Wolverine regeneration so long as you can hit yourself with your own fire.

Mythic Zoans are scary is what I'm saying.
>>
>>51969248
I'm also one of the people recommending Valor which lets players combine effects to make techniques which they can then fluff however they want.
>>
>>51968688
You become superman in a world composed of 99% kryptonite. Also it requires a shit ton of time and effort before you can do anything useful with your powers and makes you a pariah to most normal people.

All the devil fruit users we've seen either had years to practice with their fruit, or in the case of people like Sabo or Kaku were already experienced fighters before eating their fruit.
>>
>>51970826
We get to watch Blackbeard's learning curve, which is pretty interesting.
>>
>>51970433
They're pirates because they're outlaws. They've attacked many high ranking government officials, taken out several of their military assets, destroyed an entire government island, instigated a jail break from a maximum security prison, and directly attacked a family of Celestial Dragons.

Also they have the means and knowledge to revive the ancient weapons. When you've got a group of anarchists walking around with the settings equivalent of a nuclear scientist people are gonna freak out.
>>
>>51970860
Blackbeard's fruit is just weird, in a lot of ways.
>>
>>51970872
Put simply, they tend towards CN, maybe leaning good, against a hard LN world government/navy
>>
>>51970872
They're pirates only because of Luffy's dream to be king of the pirates and the fact that they're probably boating without a license.

I mean some of the things they did early on in their career would not have been bad had they been like.... a small internal affairs group in the Marines; taking down pirates and corrupt officers would haave greatly bolstered their image.
>>
>>51967294
The Liar Liar Fruit, allows the user to influence whoever they touch to make them believe that anything that they say is the truth, and anything anyone else says is a lie.
>>
>>51964756
It turned him into a massive golden statue god. That is not just a man.
>>
>>51966123
Not the best comparison, but a bad one.
>>
>>51968653
All three.
>>
>>51970328
Point still stands, but nah. I won't spoil anything.
>>
>>51971000
The navy WAS L/N, but the government controlling them was definitely L/E. Now, with Akinu in charge, the navy itself is closer to L/E too.
>>
>>51970477
Damn that's a good one. Thanks for the laugh.
>>
File: 1451765287704.jpg (38KB, 296x341px) Image search: [Google]
1451765287704.jpg
38KB, 296x341px
>>51951631
>Last I checked the corebook, it was 1100 pages long, 900 of which was just jutsus.

How does this even happen.
>>
>>51968653
>A side effect of the hole-hole fruit is a general feeling of emptiness inside, which the user tries to fill with food, drink, money, power, and friends, but nothing seems to fill the hole.
>>
>>51973053
I mean, half of players handbook is just spells, so...
>>
>>51973074
Lets be honest,
"I ate the hole-hole fruit making me a Empty Man."
"..."
*Cries*
Is the kind of gag youd expect from a one piece campaign.
>>
>>51973107
So they'd be like the Usopp of the group.
But spookier.
>>
>>51973107
We could team him up with his comedic foil, who ate the Whole-Whole fruit, with the power to make things whole again.
...anything except the hole-hole man.
>>
>>51973228
Isn't that Cloak and Dagger?

>>51973196
Usopp's low key depressed, his self loathing is so inherent and constant ever since he got robbed by mooks, his best friend and captain told him to fuck off, and the most important thing in his world burnt to the fucking ground.

Hollow man is comically depressive, poor ussop should be on suicide watch.
>>
>>51973390
It's closer to The Hand and Crazy Diamond.
>>
>>51973053
http://narutod20.com/downloads/
A single very dedicated naruto fan, over years, including literally every technique and character type ever seen in the series, then trying to fill in gaps with new content. It's really impressive, but very difficult to grasp all at once.
>>
>>51973228
I'm not sold on the Whole-Whole fruit.
It just seems kind of gimmicky and tacky, especially considering who they're paired with.

I think it would work better if their fruit was something like Wapol or Laws.
>>
>>51973635
>Gimmicky and tacky
>One piece
As fucking if.
>>
>Eat fruit
>It's the tuna tuna fruit
>Can now turn into a fish
>Still can't swim
>Don't get fisherman strength

Help /tg/
>>
>>51973733
It is though
>>
>>51973569
I thought there were maybe like... 300 jutsu, max. I clearly underestimated just how much material there was for that setting.

And, I just looked up Naruto's Jutsu, and he almost has 80 different jutsu just by himself
>>
>>51973763
There's no such thing as an aquatic zoan.
>>
>>51973763
>>51973870
Either way, your hybrid form would be amphibious, and Yyou'd have the combined strength of a man and a tuna. Not a lot, but not weaker, tuna's get pretty big.
>>
>>51973818
Honestly I think the empty and full dynamic is too expected.

It should be something completely unrelated.

Like his therapist, who has no fruit but can hit people really hard with a book.

>>51973870
Is there? I know they'd be useless but I didn't know they simply didn't exist.
>>
>>51974326
Nah, closest we've ever seen is an amphibian (salamander) and one of the gifters had what looked like a crab claw, but that was from an artificial fruit.
>>
>>51973841
And it says something that the system creator specifically points out parts of his character that should not be allowed on a PC (like the ability to use clones to speed up train times)
>>
>>51974326
We haven't seen any aquatic Zoan, though that doesn't mean they don't exist. Oda hasn't said either way.

They'd be fairly useless though unless you got one that could function outside of water like a crab or sea urchin though.
>>
>>51973390
Usopp was like that for one arc and then got over it. His main issue is a complete lack of self confidence which makes it hard for him to fight unless one of his allies is in trouble.
>>
>>51977061
Usopp still hates himself, you see it a lot. Even his proudest proclamation was when he meat nami post time skip and went "I know i sucked then but now I'm cool."

Bear in mind thriller bark Usopp literally is shown to hate himself so much that a ghost that makes other people suicidal doesnt even work on him. That was after the whole Water 7 shit and they were all friends again.

Usopp needs a therapist. He's not whiny emo about it it's just he doesn't give himself any credit for what he does do right and what he does wrong he never forgives himself for.
>>
>>51977203
He manned up during Dressrosa and saved everybody's butts. He just suffers from being a cowardly ranged attacker in a setting based around hot blooded martial arts.
>>
>>51977272
I didn't say Usopp was a bad person I just said he loathed himself. And he did mostly berate himself during that arc. Even if he hardboiled himself into making a godlike shot and is now viewed as a practical messiah.
>>
>>51977272
The part that really cements how awesome Ussoo is during the Dressrosa arc is that when Robin gets turned into a toy he (and everybody else) completely forgot she existed. Which meant a large chunk of the Enies Lobby arc, a major point in his character growth, was completely forgotten by that point. But he still got shit done.
>>
File: Beli.png (510KB, 480x672px) Image search: [Google]
Beli.png
510KB, 480x672px
>>51955332
Logia: Beli Beli no Mi
>>
File: bling_bling_nami.jpg (48KB, 350x210px) Image search: [Google]
bling_bling_nami.jpg
48KB, 350x210px
>>51979089
You'd have at least one big fan
>>
>>51979155
The idea of this fruit is most of what makes me want to play a One Piece campaign. Awakened fruit using gold coins instead of bank notes.
>>
>>51979182
The gold gold fruit exists.

You are better off with something more like Fist's of gorgeous's abbility to turn something nonliving into its approximate value in beli. The weaker the user the less valuable what he can sell is.
>>
>>51979232
Actually I stand corrected, it probbably works fine as long as you just use the coins as COINS and what metal doesn't matter.

Hell manipulating coins and bills can be a precurssor abbility.

Infact the more i read the shinken list the more I realize you can just repurpose these as cursed fruits.

The Fist of Objue already is.
>>
>>51979232
That'd be a pretty cool ability, like the Sell Sell fruit or something.
>>
>>51951631
>Check out the NarutoD20. Last I checked the corebook, it was 1100 pages long, 900 of which was just jutsus.

Sounds like the same authors who did the NERO LARP system.
>>
>>51958740
Depends, his power seems to be "whatever the fuck magical foxes have ever done in Japanese myths"

So it can potentially be strong.
>>
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but BleachD20 Classless has a One Piece suppliment.
>>
A thought. If you fed a ship a zoan type fruit it would be alive and able to move on land but powerless in the sea.

But would it float?
>>
>>51980831
IIRC the rule is that 2/3rds have to be submerged in water (which is why the bubble lady was totally fine in a shallow bath, despite having a fruit power)
>>
>>51950657
https://rpggeek.com/rpgitemversion/319365/pdf-version-200

Not sure if you have seen this, or think it is good.

I played with a bunch of friends for a few years and had a bunch of fun with it.
>>
>>51980831
>>51980891
So it might, but would you risk it?
>>
>>51983063
Depends on the animal fruit in question.
>>
>>51970674
No, devil fruits are supposed to be ridiculous. Power levels fluctuate.
>>
>>51957681
Pushing away concepts is op.
>>
File: 10643505.jpg (48KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
10643505.jpg
48KB, 600x400px
>>51972897
Pic related
>>
>>51985040
To be honest no one would expect that level of power from the name alone.
>>
>>51985151
From the name alone, I expected him to exercise his right to bear arms.
Thread posts: 196
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.