[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nanomachines vs. Cybernetics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: RaidenvsArmstrong.gif (3MB, 420x236px) Image search: [Google]
RaidenvsArmstrong.gif
3MB, 420x236px
Which do you prefer in your sci-fi, /tg/?
>>
File: IMG_0422.png (2MB, 1201x884px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0422.png
2MB, 1201x884px
>>51950024
>people are asking this.
>>
>>51950024
E.M.P weapons.
>>
>>51950024
One is a derivation of the other so it's kinda like comparing computers with laptops.
>>
>>51950267
I don't know, that's kind of like saying swords and guns are the same because they fall under the category "metallic weapons held in the hand." They're similar, but there's a pretty obvious difference between having your body parts replaced and injecting machines into your bloodstream.
>>
Both plus bioware.
Vat grown muscles, replacement arms, and nano-reinforced should all be options with their own ups and downs.
>>
>>51950331
In the case of nanomachines, they're using materials in your body in order to replicate. Either that or you've got an implant creating nanomachines. Either way, as long as machine and human is melding it's cybernetics.
>>
>>51950380
While that may be the case, I would ask you to humor me, divide the two conceptually, and give your opinion.
>>
>>51950024
Why not both?
I find it a bit lame if nanomachines are not visible but I like the idea of biomechanical fusion at cellular level and all that.
>>
>>51950544

Not that anon but Both. In the case of Armstrong his nano machines are essentially pulling material from no where to make his skin harder than metal and able to resist shit like Vibroblades with ease. Depending upong the tone of the game it's basically magic at that point.

I'd rather that the two be combined because it makes since to have nanomachines help maintain the metal inside of your meat body.

At the very least the way Dr. Naomi used them to help stave off life threatening cancer makes more sense.
>>
>>51950544
Hmm...nanomachines for versatility. Considering it's your body you can't exactly swap out bits as needed. You want something that's good for all cases.
>>
File: 20170206_100636.jpg (215KB, 875x318px) Image search: [Google]
20170206_100636.jpg
215KB, 875x318px
>>51950024
Both

Nanonetics

Imagine a big cyber dong
Now imagine another big cyber dong
Made from millions of tiny nano cyber dongs to make big dong
>>
>>51950024
It seems like nanomachines hit a ceiling very quickly in terms of interesting and plausible applications.
>>
>>51950024
Carry a tazer, fuck them both up.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.