[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Magic The Gathering Ask A Judge - 「 R U B Y T U E S D A Y 」

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 57.jpg (46KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
57.jpg
46KB, 312x445px
Good morning and welcome back!
>>
>>51946735
If I have a creature with both Melee and Mryiad on it, will it gain the melee bonus from the tokens it spawns or is the trigger too late?
>>
File: hangarbackwalker.jpg (49KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
hangarbackwalker.jpg
49KB, 265x370px
If I have winding constrictor and hardened scales in play and cast a hangerback walker where x=1 what happens? The interaction of those 3 cards confuses me
>>
>>51947645
Melee and Myriad both trigger when you declare the creature as an attacker, and since both triggers are yours you can put them on the stack in the order of your choosing.

The bad news is that Melee checks how many opponents you attacked, and the tokens are created already attacking. They weren't declared as attackers, so they don't count towards Melee.

>>51947729
It wants to enter with one counter, but there's two replacement effects trying to apply to that event. You control the affected object (the Walker) so you choose which to apply first. No matter which you apply first, the other one can still apply, so you apply it next, and the end result is the same: 3 counters.

One will replace "enters with one counter" with "enters with one plus one counters", for two counters. The other replaces "Enters with two counters" with "enters with two plus one counters", for three counters.
>>
>>51947645
its too late. myriad tokens are put into play tapped and attacking.
>>
What happens if I blink a creature I unearthed? It is already getting exiked, after all...
>>
>>51947886
Unearth sees that it's going to exile, and thus does not care. Unearth does not know (or, again, care) that the card will only be there briefly.

tl;dr blinking Unearth dudes is profitable
>>
>>51947784
Ohhhhh so it enters with 3 +1/+1 counters. Got it. Thanks so much senpai
>>
>>51947982
Right! Now, let's vary that a little bit.

Let's say that it's a Walker for X=3, and you have a Doubling Season and a Countersnek. Same deal- you have two replacement effects wanting to apply to the same event, and you get to choose how to apply those. THIS time though, the order changes the result. If you do Doubling Season first, then you double 3 to 6, and add one, for 7 total counters. If you apply Constrictor first, you'll add one to 3, then double that result, for 8 counters.
>>
>>51948005
Ohhhhh shit son, thanks so much. Always appreciated you making these threads
>>
>>51948406
Happy to help!
>>
>>51946735
I think i may have asked this when i first made the deck, but I'm asking again since they changed the rules for mana generation in EDH
Can you run shadowborn apostle (or relentless rats) in a non-black EDH deck? The comp rules say it over-rides deck contruction rules in any format it is legal in, so I assume that applies to colour identity as well.
>>
>>51949728
Nope- it only overrides the copy limit, it doesn't do anything else. Same reason you can't play Relentless Rats or Shadowborn Apostles in Standard.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.