[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 389
Thread images: 58

File: 1482902693241.jpg (58KB, 532x1315px) Image search: [Google]
1482902693241.jpg
58KB, 532x1315px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>51923140
>Reports-2076-05-23.zdf
>Getting_the_most_out_of_your_morning_commute.trid
>Solitaire.sim
>Meeting_Schedule.knwsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 528 (29% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, want to go play some poker after work?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Company_Picnic.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Big and Busy: Wageslave edition

Do you know some wageslaves? Are you one? Or do you only talk to them when it's a hostage situation?
>>
>>51946257
>Do you know some wageslaves?
A couple I keep as contacts. Always handy to have a guy inside when preparing for a job.

>Are you one?
I can pretend to be one when needed like you'd think I was the genuine article.

>Or do you only talk to them when it's a hostage situation?
Oh, chummer, if only they weren't so poor I wouldn't need to risk my life anymore. It's a-maz-ing what people will tell you with a little alcohol in their bellies and someone lending them a commiserating ear.
>>
File: wowwee.jpg (70KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
wowwee.jpg
70KB, 800x600px
What programms would a drone need to imitate the behavior of an dog ?
>Autosoft [impersonate]
>Autosoft [etiquette]
>Knowsoft [good boy]

Creating a legwork rigger and building some spy drones, including an atzec. crawler disguised as beagle.
>>
>>51946447
>disguised as beagle.
First, you're going to need to worry about legs and Realistic Features before software. Second, you definitely need to put an olfactory sensor on that because beagle. Third, I haven't heard anything about impersonation autosofts. What you might want to do is take the e-ghost of a real beagle as a Dependent and let him rig the drone with Walk Like A Monkey.
>>
>>51946447
>Beagle

Best man in this thread
>>
>>51946257
>Wageslaves
Got hired by a married couple to find their missing kid a while back, recently threatened an unsuspecting accountant with my machete at his throat, currently on a job to retrieve 2 Saeder-Krupp wageslaves from Burma. You meet a lot of different people in this business.
>>
How would you guys create an adept that is focused on throwing weapons / grenades?
>>
>>51948061
High Magic, Good Strength and Agility
Missile Mastery, Increased Reflexes 3 and Attribute Boost(AGI) 1
Then get yourself about a thousand pencils
>>
>>51948092
>Somebody does remember Pencilman

Noice
>>
File: agular.png (607KB, 738x515px) Image search: [Google]
agular.png
607KB, 738x515px
>you will never get to use a motherfucking assault helicopter as part of a run
Why must CGL put all the nice toys out of our financial reach?
>>
>>51948576
have you considered stealing the assault helicopter? that shit alone is it's own run.
>>
>>51948576
I have toyed around the idea of giving the players a group budget additional to their resources, and building a "military death squad" and sending them on official shadowruns from corps who can't afford to fuck up, even if it means sending their own guys.
>>
>>51946257
First game tomorrow, things to know/be aware of/avoid?
>>
>>51948677
what edition?
>>
>>51948656
I consider stealing a lot of things. Not sure I could get the group behind this particular escapade, especially since we don't even have a rigger who could use it to full effect.
>>
>>51948726
does it matter if it's used to its full effect? You're basically going to crash it anyway and then come out shooting after you've killed everything within half a mile.

an assault chopper that is stolen is basically disposable. "Not mine and I don't care" type piloting.
>>
>>51948576
We had a chance to use a helo. It was the end of a campaign, and Aers really wanted us to be successful.
>>
>>51948826
>an assault chopper that is stolen is basically disposable
Are you fucking kidding me? When you get your filthy hands on a half a million nuyen war machine, you don't let it fucking go easily.
>>
>>51946257
>Do you know some wageslaves?

The neighbors, Ed and Becky. They're pretty nice. They always invite me to barbecues, Ed helped me helped me carry in the last cough I bought and they're always willing to look after my kid (or at least check up on her every day) whenever I'm "away for business" for a few days.
>>
>>51948929
no, you use it to "maximum effectiveness". which is code for "Drive it like a rental", you can always steal another one so who cares if that specific one goes down. Keeping it is how you get caught and shot 38 times in the penis.
>>
>>51948985
>You can always steal another military grade attack helicopter
Chummer what type of GM do you have that stealing an attack helicopter is an everyday thing?
>>
How unplayable are the different MHVV strains?

Everything that sucks essence and can turn into mist seems like a giant FUCK NO, but what about ghouls and strain 2?
>>
>>51948576
Because problems that can only be solved by an assault helicopter aren't exactly what you ask shadowrunners?

Have Mr. Johnson provide the helo if it's really needed.
>>
>>51948985
>you can always steal another one
Unless you stumble across one by dumb luck, finding an assault helicopter and putting yourself into position to steal it takes no small amount of legwork.
>>
>>51948677
You are not a hero. Acting like one will get you killed. Take the money, and run.
>>
>>51948677
Do your legwork. Going in blind gets you killed.
Protect your mage. Protect your decker.
Avoid combat - it's deadly, and the consequences will follow you.
If you have to fight, fight where the terrain favors you. Apply liberal doses of automatic fire until the enemy stops moving.
>>
>>51948700
5e
>>
>>51948576
My player killed the pilot of one with a sniper rifle while he was jacked in and then immediately burned edge the next turn to get 3 marks on it.

Guess he really wanted it.
>>
>>51949212
This. You may do some heroic things, but at the end of the day you are a person who does bad things for money, so don't get any delusions about it. You're not Robin Hood, you're not the champion of the people, you're a mercenary, a deniable asset and a troubleshooter for hire.

>>51949293
>Avoid combat - it's deadly, and the consequences will follow you.
Only if you're a scrub. Gangers, gangsters, cops, corpsec....none of them are a match for a component streetsam, especially if he can get the jump on them. Just be discreet about it so the real threats don't get called in. And as always,
>Apply liberal doses of automatic fire until the enemy stops moving.
>>
>>51948576
Run a PMC campaign. Everyone gets triple resources and all availability bets are off.
>>
>>51949055
Ghouls are fucking blind, so you'd better have astral perception. Strain II actually isn't that bad, all you have to do is stay out of the sun and eat a corpse now and then.
>>
I'm thinking of removing Prototype Transhuman from normal chargen, but including it in a new Transhuman metavariant. Any suggestions on what to include?
I'm thinking they have Biocompatibility (Bioware) and Transhuman Prototype as standard, but magic priority moves up one level worse for Prioritygen and Magic qualities cost double for karmagen.

Idea worth continuing?
>>
File: 552374.jpg (368KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
552374.jpg
368KB, 1920x1080px
>>51948677
Exercise some restraint. Killing corpsec/wage slaves, destroying property, and generally making your mark look stupid will do nothing but paint a big target on your back.
>>
>>51946257
Sup. I played SR5 when it first came out and was disappointed at how fucked up and unfinished it felt. There were tons of mistakes in it still when I played.

Has it been updated or anything since then?
>>
>>51948677
Protect the team. Protect the principle. Never stop training at your job. Know how to use a gun. Have a backup weapon. Have at least 2 backup plans. Legwork, legwork, legwork. Don't be afraid to call up contacts for help. Keep collateral damage to a minimum. Don't get greedy. Don't be a hero. Shoot straight. Conserve ammo. Never deal with a dragon.
>>
>>51949543
Good news: there's more stuff in it now.

Bad news: a lot of the new stuff also suffers from CGL's poor editing.
>>
>>51949444
>if he can get the jump on them
Well then that's not combat, it's threat elimination. Totally different, and much less risky.

Also, does anyone know where I can find numbers on gel rounds vs. stick n' shock?
>>
>>51949565
Whatcha mean more stuff? Like more splatbooks or more stuff in the core book?
>>
>>51949543
There's a ton more content, and more importantly, most people have come up with homebrew to fix the problems by now.
>>
>>51949582
Any links to writeups fixing some of the fucked up shit in 5e? I'd have to read it again to remember what all the mistakes were
>>
>>51949574
>Whatcha mean more stuff? Like more splatbooks
Yes. Run&Gun and Run Faster are books everyone needs to look at, Rigger 5.0 gives you more vehicle options, and everyone should look at the books relevant to their archetype (Chrome Flesh for streetsams, Street Grimoire and Shadow Spells for magic people, etc)
>>
>>51949567
Gel rounds changes damage to S and apply +1 AP. Stick-n-shock reduces DV by 2, changes damage to S(e) and sets the AP to a flat -5. Stick-n-shock can give your non-lethal option an easier time with armor, but it won't pack as much of a knockout punch.
>>
>>51949624
Hmmm, aiet. Thanks.
>>
>>51949543
Wait for 'Shadowrun 5 2.0: This time with editing' edition.
>>
>>51949635
You should grab pretty much every book, they all have shit that's worthwhile to somebody in them. The downloads are in the OP.
>>
>>51949037
its not an everyday thing. maybe half a year type thing.

>>51949079
you guy's make min-maxed characters all the time that can do retarded shit off the walls. I just happen to have given you a practical application for one of the snow flakes.
>>
>>51949648
That's what I was waiting for. 30th Anniversary edition? Or 25th?
>>
>>51948677
>>51949293
Combat can become pathetically easy is you use grenades, cover, and the good 'ol liberal use of automatic fire. Cover is especially important. 4 extra dice to dodge for a simple action is great.

The only downside to this is that when you get in combat the whole thing turns into "I move up. I take cover. I shoot a Simple Full-Auto" over and over again because taking cover interrupts your shooting and resets your recoil comp. You can occasionally spice things up by staying in cover and tossing a grenade or asking your DM if you can do something crazy like doubling-back to fake out someone or full on Queen-and-Country bayonet charge.

Another thing to note is that you can really do whatever the fuck you want to in Shadowrun. If your mission is to say, extract a thing from a place, running in the front door and gunning down a bunch of guards may seem like the pragmatic approach.Or you could use a grappling gun to scale the building, break a window with a crowbar, cut a hole into the room next to the target with a mini-welder, and just leave the way you came.

Think outside the box for the most enjoyable experience.
>>
>>51949663
>making decent characters
>'snow flakes'
Big difference, chummer.
>>
>>51949628
Yeah, I'm aware of the stats. I was wondering which ammo I should get for which guns in order to optimize stun/KO/disabling speed.
>>
>>51949711
Gel rounds are usually the better options. Stick-n-shock can be useful in guns with no innate AP if you really need that initiative penalty, but that's about all they're good for. Better yet, buy a taser. Those things pack a charge.
>>
>>51949667
They'll probably start work on it after the technomancer book is finally released. And then errata'ed. Which given CGL's shitty work ethic could be some point after the heat death of the universe.
>>
Do you guys use knockdown RAW? In my limited experience, almost every hit seems to hit the physical limit of my character, so I'm pretty thankful my GM doesn't do knockdown. Thoughts?
>>
>>51949803
Your character needs to toughen the fuck up.
>>
>>51949567
>Well then that's not combat, it's threat elimination.
Not always. There are definitely situations where infiltration is not an option.

>>51949817
This desu.
>>
>>51949785
Cool man thanks
>>
I have a runner concept I am wanting to play.

Todd Sayjak, aka "Horseshoe".
He's a salaryman that ticked off his boss and was ordered to accompany a kill team on a dangerous job for research. Turns out it went without a hitch. Todd gets a reputation for being lucky, so more corp teams take him along and teach him how to shoot and do tactical stuff. He's a face with absurd luck and a bunch of tough friends, and refuses to do any runs that harm his corp.
>>
>>51949847
>>51949817
Alright, I have a physical limit of 7, and 15 armor. My resist pool is 20.
4 BOD. Armor jacket. Plastic bone lacing. Any advice on what to go for next?
>>
>>51949803
just enter combat already laying on your stomach so you're less likely to get shot.
>>
Someone give me salaryman jobs that arent accountant, salesman, or programmer.
>>
>>51949899
>My resist pool is 20.
I really hope you don't think that's enough to be a frontline combatant.
>>
>>51949968
HR
PR
Management
>>
>>51949972
I'm aware it's shit. That's why I'm asking for advice.
>>
>>51950016
Upgrade your bone lacings, look into getting wired reflexes.
>>
>>51950036
I've got WR2, but to get better bone lacing I'm looking at .8-1.2ess, out of the 1.54 I have left. Can that be applied over the plastic lacing, or do I need to get the plastic removed?
>>
>>51950098
You need to get the plastic removed, but you'll get an essence hole worth its essence cost that can be filled by other 'ware before digging in your remaining essence.
>>
>>51950098
You need the plastic removed. Also
>but to get better bone lacing I'm looking at .8-1.2ess, out of the 1.54 I have left.
That doesn't mean much to a guy who had 0.02 essence at chargen.
>>
>>51950016
>it's shit

It isn't, stop listening to hardmaxing sperglords.

Also you can at least get some forearm guards for an additional point of soak, if you aren't some 1 STR faggot.
Don't forget to upgrade your Armor Jacket with electrical protection. Another four dice against Stick-n-Shock is always useful.

>>51950098
You need to get the plastic removed but you only loose the essence that the Aluminium lacing costs more.
So, if you had the normal plastic lacing and are getting Alphaware Aluminium, you will have an additional 0.3 (=>0,8-0,5) Essence lost afterwards.
>>
>>51950189
>forearm guards
GM only allows core rulebook material right now :(
>>
File: 14583185071421.jpg (4KB, 213x250px) Image search: [Google]
14583185071421.jpg
4KB, 213x250px
>>51950252
>GM only allows core rulebook material right now :(
What?
>>
>>51950252
ABORT
>>
>>51950189
>forearm guards for more soak
this meme needs to die
>>
>>51950266
>>51950283
Cut him some slack. He's a newbie learning the rules while balancing an engineering course load. We've had 2 sessions so far.
>>
>>51950351
playing Shadowrun with only the core book is like knitting with mittens on
Technically possible, but extremely suboptimal, tedious and not very enjoyable
>>
>>51950351
>GM is a newbie learning the rules while balancing an engineering course load
WHAT
>>
>>51950351
Shadowrun is a game system that requires you to use additional books, since later books override shitty decisions in earlier ones.
>>
File: r8h8mstrb8.png (8KB, 212x248px) Image search: [Google]
r8h8mstrb8.png
8KB, 212x248px
>>51950384
>>51950505
As of right now, we're all having enought trouble getting the core rules down. We will be adding splats later.

>>51950444
Yeah, it's pretty impressive. We kind of split the rules, so I'm the expert on combat and gear, while he handles everything else.

Also, rate my ballistic mask design.
>>
>>51950505
It also requires noting the even shittier decisions made on later books and culling them before it spreads too far.
>>
>>51948576
We've used a Tbird for a run and right now we're securing access to two attack helicopters for a run.

You just need a run that warrants spending money to pay the pilots or the military to help you out.
In our case I think it's 50k for the helo to just be there, 25k for if they need to do CAS, 50k if they need to use missiles and 100k if they take any fire. That's x2 plus the 250k we need to bribe that UCAS Captain.
>>
>>51950723
why the fuck do you have a tag eraser in your mask?
And why the micro-transciever?
>>
>>51950723
>As of right now, we're all having enought trouble getting the core rules down.
>We kind of split the rules, so I'm the expert on combat and gear, while he handles everything else.
So, sneak in gear from other books because he doesn't know any better, I don't see the problem here.
>>
>>51950792
>tag eraser
Ease of access. Brush pass datachip, view data, touch to head to burn it, throw it away.

>micro-transceiver
Communication without a commlink. Tactical shit, I don't know. It seemed cool.

>>51950800
Nah, he's a cool dude, and we've made an agreement. As soon as I can run a one-shot, we open up all the splats for the group to use.
>>
File: 0bfe20be9fe40164b31e40bf90f23d07.jpg (171KB, 662x1017px) Image search: [Google]
0bfe20be9fe40164b31e40bf90f23d07.jpg
171KB, 662x1017px
Well, things are about to get weird. GM says I can play a cyber'd up changeling troll with latent awakening (adept). Is this the dumbest thing he could let me do?
>>
I would like to play Shadowrun again, but I'm pretty intimidated by the amount of rules and math in play. Which would be better for me, 4e or 5e?
I played a bit of 3e with an extremely nitpicky rules-lawyering GM, and the whole system left a distaste in me, however I really like the fluff.
>>
>>51951211
4E is a god damn mess of fully-automatic death machines and commlink script kiddies. Play 5E.
>>
File: Us_machine_gunner.jpg (41KB, 500x335px) Image search: [Google]
Us_machine_gunner.jpg
41KB, 500x335px
>pic related costs more and takes up more modification space than a turret that can be fired remotely
>weapon mounts that are controlled solely by people fully inside the vehicle aren't a thing
Why? This doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>51951252
You can easily homebrew the second thing, but an armored manual turret costs more because you need extra space for where the gunner stands and the armor protecting them. It's dumb balance but sound logic.
>>
>>51951211
5e has terrible editing and missing fluff. Play 4e
>>
>>51951303
>>51951232
Well then.
>>
>>51951303
5E is a mess but it plays better. Read 4E shit for fluff, play 5E for slightly better balance.
>>
>>51951089
>Ease of access. Brush pass datachip, view data, touch to head to burn it, throw it away.
Keep in mind that tag erasers deal matrix damage, and likely won't burn anything in a single attempt.
>>
>>51951320
This
Get the 4E background books, eg 6th world almanach (from the pastebin) but stick to the 5e Rules.
4e Rules have a bit better editing but are shit tier save for a few things where the 5es are even worse (AIs)
>>
>>51951278
I could see that holding true for a tank or fully enclosed vehicle, but I'm thinking more about open-topped vehicles, like sticking a metal post in the back of a pickup truck or a motorboat, sticking a machine gun, ammo box and ballistic shield on it and calling it a day.
>>
>>51951429
>>51951320
Thanks, gonna do just this.
>>
>>51951320
>>51951429
3e books are better for understanding how stuff works and getting the most out of the background.
>>
>>51951664
The fluff is written best in them, but the info is heavily outdated.
>>
>consider buying a boat
>check out the Aztechnology Nightrunner
>now that is a nice boat
>look at the price tag
>56k nuyen
>I'd probably spend even more money upgrading it
>plus there'd be docking fees
>I have other things to spend money on, things I'd actually use during a run
I shouldn't a boat, should I?
>>
>>51953020
Unless you are running somewhere with a lot of water to cross (Caribbean, SEA, ...) you shouldn't
>>
File: wat.png (89KB, 476x354px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
89KB, 476x354px
Hey guys so I need some help making a ruling call for a play by post game I run.

We have a brand new player who rolled up a Street Shaman. As his very first action before his very first mission, the player decided to summon a force 12 (!) spirit so that he could have "guaranteed protection" during the meet and so that he could bind it later while the rest of the team were doing legwork. In spite of my telling him that summoning a force 12 spirit is a kind of risky bet and binding it would be 12 hours that might be better spent helping in the legwork, he insisted that his character was paranoid and would summon the strongest spirit possible before any given meet.

He rolled his 12 summoning dice against its 12 dice. He got 3 hits, then spent edge to it up to 5 by re-rolling failed dice.

The spirit got 8 hits.

The shaman rolled his 10 drain dice against 16P damage, got 5 hits, took 11P damage on his 9P damage track, and collapsed on the floor in his apartment hemorrhaging his brains out.

Now as a GM I'm faced with a decision: do I make a new player burn edge to save their character from the results of their literal very first in-game roll, or do I let them rollback their mistake, toss it up as a rookie's mulligan, and hope they learn their lesson? I've never let a player retcon a bad choice before because I think it takes away from the quality of the game, but I'm feeling a little hesitant to let a player fuck themselves over that much that early into their Shadowrunning experience.
>>
>>51952928
Depends on what you're talking about. We're still referring to 3e for Sleeping Tiger, for instance. RAS Override has been mentioned in the core book for the last two editions, but it's so easy to pass over and unexplained that people think it's something specific to BTLs. Want to know how likely you were to SURGE when halley's comet passed over? Gotta go back to Year Of The Comet. Want to know where cops stop giving a shit about your machine pistol? Gotta go back to Sprawl Sites (though that's 1e, IIRC). Want to get the full picture on yak ninjas? Vice will get you part way, but Shadows Of Asia fills in a few more blanks. That's just the tip of the iceberg.
>>
>>51953130
Did he know that spirits roll their force, and you take drain based on hits of the spirit?
Let him burn some edge

Did he not?
Make him read the fucking rules and maybe retcon this
>>
File: no dignity.jpg (31KB, 198x198px) Image search: [Google]
no dignity.jpg
31KB, 198x198px
>>51953130
>player killed himself before the game even begins by trying to summon force 12 spirit
What a coincidence, this exact scenario occurred in the last game I was in, though more embarrassingly I think it was only a force 8 spirit. The GM didn't let him mulligan so much as he let him play a character with the exact same stats.
>>
>>51953130
If your player genuinely had no idea it could get this bad, then I'd throw him a bone, yeah. We were all beginners once. Otherwise, tough luck.
>>
Since we're on the topic of spirits, here's a rules question I've been trying to figure out.

Spirits go away the next time the sun rises or sets after they've been summoned.

Binding can force a spirit to stick around indefinitely, but takes a number of hours equal to the force of the spirit.

If the sun rises or sets during a binding ritual (say, the 10 hours to bind a force 10 spirit you summoned at noon would run until after dusk) does that disrupt the binding process and banish the spirit, or does a spirit in the process of being bound stick around until the ritual is complete even if their default time runs out?
>>
>>51953130

Yeah, sure, let him burn edge.
>>
>>51953130
Have him be found by his neighbor who is a medic in time because he heard the voices or something like that.
Sad medic should give him a proper treatment, leaving him up with a few unhealed (not to many) boxes but able to do play the run.

This way, he still gets some negative consequences but isn't put off completely.
>>
>>51953143
>We're still referring to 3e for Sleeping Tiger

It irritates me that people try to justify ST' s overpoweredness by citing fluff role-playing disadvantages from a decades-old book two editions out-of-date as if that were in any way acceptable.
>>
>>51953358
It irritates me that 5e ST is anything more than a well-armoured electrochromic suit.
>>
>>51953315
Not specified, but I'd rule that the binding process keeps them present. The summoner is presenting reagents and drek on top of not being able to do anything else. No need to make this even harder.
>>
>>51953130
>he insisted that his character
He'd be in for a conversation with me, and if he didn't shape up, it's out and no way back.
This is a symptom of a player who does not understand the social element of roleplaying and has a weak grasp on even the character-building elements, and one who likely plays because 3.PF, 4e and other MMO-styled games with players like him have let him coast past the entry barriers and into a proper group.
A statement like this is proof positive that the player doesn't understand that:
a) Roleplaying is a team activity, and everything including rules and character details is secondary to having a team that works together both as players and as characters;
b) A character in a roleplaying game is something else than a character in a video game or a comic, and needs a much more reasonable fundament than a main character in a single-player/reader medium, who's the main character and has the script orbit around them;
c) The GM is under no obligation whatsoever to save the players from their own decisions, and doing this compromises the neutrality of the game, the dynamics of the group and the player's learning process.
Make him make a new character. Talk to him about that in roleplaying games, choices have consequences, cooperation is more important than what he thinks is cool and "he's paranoid/sociopathic/murderous so he does all this random shit" is a disruptive trait that has absolutely no redeeming value.
Make him create a character with a 1000-2000 word backstory that details them as a person and doesn't include any dead family members, huge betrayals, magic plot devices or canon figures to show that he can create a character and not just slap a Shadowrun paintjob onto a comic character knockoff.
That first character is dead, and if he doesn't want to accept that, he's an immature player unwilling to accept that he needs to take responsibility like other people and shouldn't be playing in anyone's games.
>>
>>51953487
Chummer, I agree with you. Making a character that won't work with the team is a big no-no
But honestly?
>Make him create a character with a 1000-2000 word backstory
>a 1000-2000 word backstory
That's a bit much, don't you think? Who's gonna read all that shit? How stupidly detailed would you have to be to manage a normal backstory and put it in that amount of words?
>>
>>51953487
I fully agree with letting him die for being a fucking dumbass, but making him write an essay on his new character is just being excessive.
>>
>>51953540
>>51953612
You severely overestimate the amount of words that 1000-2000 words are.
Most literate people with decent work ethic can slap that shit together in an hour or two, and most people with a normal reading speed can read it in a few minutes.
I've been both a pen-and-paper and a LARP GM for seven years straight by now, and 1000 words is really the minimum you should be expecting from anyone who isn't clinically illiterate.
It's next to impossible to describe a character with actual play potential and not just "his wife was killed by vampires and now he hunts vampires with a minigun" in less than a thousand words - you need childhood, youth, how they came to take part in the plot, personality, habits, residence and whatever else you want to throw in.
I have yet to see a character with a backstory under a thousand words who isn't a hollow caricature - PCs are extraordinary people, and extraordinary people just become plot devices and power fantasies if they aren't properly linked to the universe and have roleplaying potential.
PCs who aren't extraordinary, then, need their personality to stand out on and give them roleplaying opportunities enough to make something of themselves without GM fiat.
I can post any of a million fucking character backgrounds I've written that easily cross that point. I really don't understand GMs who let through character backgrounds that skip entire periods of the character's life in a single sentence.
If you can't spend an hour at your own computer in peace making a character, you can't spend multiple fucking hours in front of your own computer answering to other people's deadlines and not getting carried away with other shit.
>>
>>51953651
>relying this hard on backstory to make an interesting character
Why
>>
>>51946257
I used to be a wagemage, those were the days. I'm having trouble thinking of how to express corporate patriotism aside from consumer bias and humming jingles
>>
>>51953779
Be nice to people from that corp, hold it up as an example to all the other corps, and when given a choice between two things, go for the one that benefits the corp unless it hurts you or the job.
>>
>>51953687
Because if being expected to write a 1000-word backstory is excessive, being expected to play a consistent and engaging character across many different play sessions, keeping true to their character, putting in hobbies and habits, remembering their history, sorting out their family and friends, and on top of that making good in-game decisions as well, is utterly irrational.
I've played with people like you, quite a lot of them in fact. 10% of them can make good characters off the top of their heads, and 90% of them use "durr I can improvise" as a crutch to make an inconsistent, paper-thin and disruptive character that changes from game to game.
If your ideas are that good, write them down and give them to your GM so he can write your backstory into the plot and balance runs according to not only the numbers on your sheet, but also your character's contacts, past and personality. If you don't place importance in this, I find it hard to believe you're actually playing a roleplaying game.
As much as some players might hate it, the GM isn't omniscient and omnipotent. The bigger your background, the better - the more the GM has to work with, the easier his job gets, and your job gets easier too because you had the opportunity to write your background down, see it in front of you and hash it out.
It's win-win. The GM has read the corebook anyway - a few thousand words of background shouldn't faze anyone.
>>
>>51953651
Do you know of a good guide to writing a backstory?
>>
>>51953810
I keep my ideas brief when I put pen to paper for a backstory. Why bother describing every single event in gratuitous detail when a summary is more than enough for a GM to work with?
>>
>>51953779
Extensive trivia knowledge, clear contempt for competitors, emulating/adhering to corporate style and culture even outside products
>>
>>51946257
Why does everyone suggest getting 10 cheap phones? What's the point? Why not just have a nice comm and call it a day?
>>
>>51953855
Having some ranks in knowledge skills appropriate to the corp is a decent way to show the loyalty.
>>
Can someone point me towards Accelerator source or at least give it stats please?
>>
>>51953922
You get your one nice comm for security and processing power when you're off-the-job doing legal shit. All of your cheap shit comms are for using during jobs then throwing into the ocean/setting on fire once you're done with them to make your trail harder to follow.
>>
>>51953818
It's hard to sum up, but I can try to bullet-point my ideas.
>Go chronological - start from your character's year and place of birth, then describe their childhood, then their school years and the like. This gives a sense of humanity to the character and allows you to organically change the character as you create it without opening plot holes.
>Nothing is ever accomplished "somehow". If your character does something, obtains something or something important happens, there must be a clear chain of reasoning. This makes your characters more down-to-earth and makes actually competent characters more satisfying to play because their skills become more than just dots on a sheet.
>Describe your character's greatest weakness. Their greatest strength is already there - it's that they got to the point where you're making them as a character. Instead of saying what the GM already knows and coming off as grating and self-conscious, write your characters' flaws first and mention their strengths as counterpoints.
>Where your character lives and how they spend their everyday life is the most important thing of all. A character whose everyday life is unclear or unimaginable is a non-entity - they're defined entirely by what they do as collections of dots, which makes them hard to impossible to use for roleplaying. A character with a fleshed-out daily life feels more human even when doing free roleplaying scenes, and the extraordinary things they do feel more extraordinary.
>>51953842
As a forever-GM, I can say that at least I can make most things work, but if you have an idea you're planning on putting in, I want you to tell me. I want your fluff, I want your ideas and I want your character, not a resumé of them. If the GM is left in the dark, even in a relative way such as this, both the player and the GM lose.
The player ends up making up stuff that's hard for the GM to pick up on, and the GM ends up not knowing the character well enough when preparing a new run.
>>
>>51953942
Lockdown page 205
>>
>>51953953
Ok, I can see the wisdom in your words. My GMing practices never really require that level of detail, but I suppose if I ever wanted to make some plot centered on a character's backstory every possible detail would help.
>>
>>51953922
Who gives people their real number?
>>
>>51953956
thanks
also this looks......bad
I can see it used for game the GM does not allow drugs to stack with ware
But otherwise Jazz still is best
>>
>>51954039
Well, Jazz is a tailored combat drug. Of course it's not gonna be easy to top.
>>
>>51954039
>>51954068
What about Kamikaze + Narco Geneware?
>>
>>51954099
Narco + pretty much any drug can yield some pretty damn silly results.
>>
>>51954099
why stop there?
Kamikaze+Jazz cocktail + Narco
>>
File: 1312852466001.jpg (275KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1312852466001.jpg
275KB, 1920x1200px
>>51954039
>it looks bad

You never played a Streetsam with 20+ base INI before throwing dice thanks to Move-by-Wire II who popped some Accelerator on top, i presume?
>>
File: 1484842956948.png (75KB, 680x433px) Image search: [Google]
1484842956948.png
75KB, 680x433px
>>51954112
Honestly, Narco and Jazz/Kamikaze looks like a pretty decent alternative to initiative-boosting 'ware, save for the addiction issues.
>>51954134
Doesn't speedballing have some dangerous risks on top of everything else?
>>
>>51954220
The general combo for drug users is Nephritic Screen+Narco+ Pharma grade [Kamikaze+Bliss]

>captcha: stop farmacia
Good idea, stopping at the pharmacy for some drugs is a good precaution
>>
>>51953953
>Where your character lives and how they spend their everyday life is the most important thing of all.
What a crock of shit. Writing down an address and a hobby doesn't make a character any less of a collection of dots, and neither does anything else you mentioned. I could go through your backstory-writing process and still come out with a "character" with zero depth and personality. At the end of the day, what makes a character interesting is not their backstory but the creativity, wit and fucks given of the player.
>>
>>51954138
comparing the two
3d6 ini, -2 Body for resisting dmg and +2DV for bleeding dmg for 2d6 rounds
vs
2d6 ini and 1(2 if Narco) Reaction for 1d6x10 minutes.
Dunno man that 1 extra d6 doesn't look so tempting
>>
File: 1487208595503.jpg (319KB, 630x900px) Image search: [Google]
1487208595503.jpg
319KB, 630x900px
>>51954261
Can't find an option on Chummer for pharma-grade drugs, but I'll just take twice the amount as a placeholder for now.

Now I've gotta find the stupidest/best combinations of drugs to mix and match for maximum clusterfuck.
>>
>>51953944
>>51954004
But it's not like people can track you if they have your phone number.
>>
>>51954442
Chummer, we IRL can already do this
and in SR you can do too
>>
>>51954442
Oh, they very much can. Not only that, if you conduct all of your business with the same commlink, all the digital paper trails start stacking up, and if they all lead to the same place when Firewatch comes knocking... well, might as well reach for a blank character sheet.
>>
>>51954583
>Not only that, if you conduct all of your business with the same commlink
But all the business I do with my commlink is getting calls from my fixer.
>>
>>51954605
Guess you're fucked if he ever gets busted.
>>
>>51954605
then how do you communicate with the johnson?
>>
>>51954694
If my fixer gets busted then a lot of people are fucked because fixers are the pillars of the shadowrunning community.

>>51954723
It's called "the meet".
>>
>>51954753
and how do you communicate with them after that?
Because it can always be that there is some unforeseen complication or change of plan or simply that you want to know where to meet
>>
>>51954766
>and how do you communicate with them after that?
I call the fixer and have them put me through.
>>
>>51954753
And the more dirt that particular fixer has on you, the harder your life just got. Diversify your contacts and your devices, it keeps you safe.
>>
>>51954784
>having the fixer be constantly available
What the hell is he doing? Because after a few times I'd simply have you ask for a burner number from the johnson and don't bother me with this crap
>>
>>51954605
Your commlink also broadcasts your SIN. And it has GPS in it
>>
>>51954819
Except that my fixer is so well connected that getting busted isn't a realistic prospect. The guy that corps, cops and gangsters turn to when they need a problem solved doesn't need to worry about isn't going to find himself in an interrogation room any time soon. Also,
>giving anyone dirt on you
Black trenchcoat fags don't even know how to black trenchcoat.

>>51954841
Burner number, retransmission software, whatever. Between the fixer and the Johnson, I assume there is a means to communicate anonymously.

>>51954896
>he broadcasts his SIN on the job
>>
>>51954952
>I assume there is a means to communicate anonymously.
which was the original question:
>>51953922
>Why does everyone suggest getting 10 cheap phones?

because burners are cheap and thus disposable
you can't really be tracked by a phone that you had for a week or so and which you through away after that
>>
File: organize-unorganized.jpg (1MB, 2543x2008px) Image search: [Google]
organize-unorganized.jpg
1MB, 2543x2008px
>>51949968
Mechanical/Electrical/Chemical/Biophysical/Hermetic (Magic)Engineer
Intern
Lawyer
Marketing agent
Publishing Editor
Personal Secretary (preferably young, pretty with nice legs)
Union organizer
Warehouse Manager
In house specialists, like doctors, psychiatrists, therapists, chiropractors
>>
>>51954331
>Dunno man that 1 extra d6 doesn't look so tempting

Depends on how exactly that d6 modifies your chances of reaching another threshold and how lenient the GM is to allow regular combination of drugs with ware.
Accelerator has the advantage that its explicitly written in there that you can combine it.
>>
In Chummer, which house rules do you guys use?
>>
>>51953020
Organise a run to steal one. Your GM will love you for your initiative.

Pro tip: Forever GM's love it when they don't need to invent plot for a change.
>>
>>51955710
>Forever GM's love it when they don't need to invent plot for a change.
I'm a SR GM and I can agree
>>
>>51955710
This so hard.

Proactive runners who realize they are players in the shadow war rather than pawns are the best runners.

Steal that boat. Take over that gang. Assemble a drug lab. Go nuts!
>>
So, magical fetishes.
>control F reveals nothing in SR5e

There's like a footnote in Street Grimoire regarding them, something about a fetish spell being cast alongside a fetish reducing the drain by 2 (to a minimum of 2).

What am I missing? What exactly is a fetish?
>>
I've asked last thread but didn't get that many answers, so I'll ask one more time
What are some 6th World groups that actively work against Awakened?
The only ones I've currently found are Humanis, Alamo 20K (both of which see Awakened as a secondary enemy and rather focus on metas), Unity (which is stationed in Denver and severely weakened through Ghostwalker) and Nuclear Peace (which seem like total wackos, even compared to the rest)

I've looked through Vice, but all of those listed either have Awakened in important positions or don't like Awakened but aren't active about them

Anyone know any other groups that are anti-Awakened? Or know in what books I could find more such groups?
>>
>>51949968
>salaryman jobs that arent accountant, salesman, or programmer.

Statistician
Data Scientist
Education Researcher
Operating Engineer
Electrician / Electrical Engineer
Mechanical Engineer
Nurse
Dance/Gymnastics Instructor
Firearms Instructor
Orchestra Member
School-Teacher (Insert subject here)
Education Researcher
>>
>>51955955
Much like a focus it's an object of some value or significance to the user's tradition.
>>
>>51956034
I've got a handle on foci, sure. They make sense.
The dichotomy I'm trying to get over is that fetishes are referenced in SR5e, but only seem to take on actual function in Street Grimoire
>>
>>51956069
Well you pretty much nailed it mechanically.
>>
>>51955977
I feel like the awakened are too Universal and too useful to have any group working against them.
>>
>>51956069
Fetishes and Foci take the same types of physical forms, they are magically enchanted to perform different tasks.

Fetishes in the general sense are those physical things an Awakened uses to connect with their tradition. They don't need to actually have to be a mechanical fetish or foci, they'd be part of your lodge or maybe your reagents.
>>
>>51949968
Literally go to a job search website and use their dropdown lists.
>>
Help a low Logic defaulting Orc out, Can't get get Chummer5.191.27 to work.

Downloaded Chummer5 more than a year ago and still works, but doubleclicking the new file's exe after unziping it and nothing happens.
>>
File: IMG_0987.jpg (163KB, 1024x1409px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0987.jpg
163KB, 1024x1409px
How friendly are you guys with your fixer? Is it a strictly business-oriented relationship where they're just the chummed that finds your work and takes the retainer fee, or do you guys all get drinks after the job?

Is it a benefit or a liability to have a fixer you're close enough to call a friend as a runner?

Is it unprofessional to be having sex with your fixer on the side because our fixer's got the hots for our street sammy and I don't know if I should be encouraging or discouraging my teammate to go with it
>>
>>51956154
I'm mostly asking because one of my players is very dismissing of awakened (or at least mages), bordering on racism (ableism?) because he is a "Street magician" (think Copperfield) and thinks they are cheating
I had the Idea of having be contacted by an anti-awakened group to see how he reacts
Because his girlfriend is an elf I don't think he will work with Humanis/A20K

Otherwise I'm probably going to make one up, but I'd rather use one that already exists
>>
>>51956154
Do you realize how utterly wrong you are according to any kind of logic?
The kind of group that's the most likely to become unpopular is one that's relatively small, privileged, hard/impossible to enter and has power over an important part of society.
People are going to be afraid of being dominated or killed by Awakened, of them making pacts with something unpleasant, of them influencing politics towards their own mysterious ends, of them making plans to make everyone else second-class citizens and so on and so on.
The Awakened are universal, yes, but that isn't a good thing. It means that they're everywhere, and anyone can find a reason to get involved. It's not a localized issue, but a massive global political-corporate-religious-societal phenomenon that's literally changed the world and blasted away large amounts of how the Fifth World used to be. In fact, it's not much of a stretch to say that the Sixth World being shit is directly due to magic, and not everyone in the world knows the metaplot enough to know for sure that mages aren't at fault.
Awakened can literally read your mind and control your emotions, and people don't just lie down and stop caring about that. Most people trust in the corporations to keep them safe, but the people who think that the Awakened have too much power over the corps aren't going to do nothing.
The more the Awakened become influential in society, the more these groups will grow, and pushing back would just confirm worries and conspiracy theories.
>>
>>51956211
>>51956103

Thanks lads, that clears it up quite a bit. Cheers!
>>
>mage with gremlins
Why is this funny no matter how many times I see it?
>>
>>51956326
Because their aptitude is counterbalanced by extreme ineptitude in another area. Now that I've explained the joke, it shouldn't be funny any longer.
>>
>>51956360
Still funny though.
>>
If I wanted to do a poverty campaign to really make my players suffer a little, would it be better to do sum-to-something-less-than-ten or reduced point buy?
>>
>>51956272
>Is it a benefit or a liability to have a fixer you're close enough to call a friend as a runner?
Yes.
>>
>>51956487
Street scum rules
>>
>>51956487
Use the Street Scum rules, NOT the Street Level rules (unless you want a campaign full of awakened)
>>
>>51956487
Do Sum-To-6 + Street Level (front of the book) or Street Scum (back of the book).

Either way, limit awakened to aspected mages.
>>
>>51956289
The lack of anti-awakened groups seems to speak against you
>>
>>51956544
>>51956524
Alternatively, just give the Barrens a permanent background count
>>
>>51956487
The lower the starting karma/priority, the more powerful Awakened characters become. It may be better if you houserule something else. Maybe disallow resources/magic above d but still vanilla sumto10. It will be hard to balance.

I prefer starting out at street level, personally. Lets you see from the start how much better Runners are over gangers.
>>
>>51956564
Background count rules logically should be in play, but they kind of suck ass and awakened characters' players often get shitty at the way they're commonly employed.
>>
>>51956675
see
>>51956520
>>51956524
>>51956544
using Street level means you nerf mundanes more than awakened, by reducing the amount of nuyen available but keeping magic resources the same
>>
>>51948676
Fuck knows there are enough banana republics who could use a roving paramilitary deathsquad. Shit, get some easy-erase panels and IFF transponders and rent yourself out to bigger nations so they have a pretext for war.
>>
>>51949538
Unless you make them look so stupid nobody ever goes looking for you. Shoot bob the loveable accountant, and you'll have a corporate wetworks squad on your doorstep in a few days looking to have a friendly chat about the dietary benefits of bullets. Level the place, mount the employees on stakes outside and spray Surtr everywhere and you're just another Winternight nutjob hasbeen.
>>
>>51956834
what?
>>
File: IMG_0342.jpg (58KB, 564x410px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0342.jpg
58KB, 564x410px
>>51956564
A few years back I played in a college group with a guy I didn't get along with very well. I was playing a decker and he didn't like how long it took for deckers to do stuff, so he would always try to discourage me from being very active in the session by pulling out the core book and arguing why virtually any given location should have a noise rating whenever I tried to do anything. The GM was new and played it really close to the book since he was still getting a hang on the system, so he usually just rolled with the most literal interpretation of what the rules said.

Eventually I got sick of it and started using the same tactics to argue why every other location we rolled into should have some kind of prohibitive background count, since the other guy was playing a wizard. This led to a downwards spiral of escalation until both of us were getting penalized everywhere we went, and our street samurai was the only one performing at full capacity at any given moment.

Eventually it got so bad that "send the street samurai to shoot things" became out go-to plan since neither of us would refuse to relent and let the other be less crippled. Not my proudest game.
>>
>>51956892
Kill a few people and you're on their 'to do' list. Kill a lot of people and make it look like you're a terrorist maniac and the local winternight cell/Deep Green/Brightstar cell are suddenly on their shitlist.
>>
File: 147_mirrin_by_exellero-d55so8t.jpg (508KB, 620x750px) Image search: [Google]
147_mirrin_by_exellero-d55so8t.jpg
508KB, 620x750px
>>51956801
Is there really an inflection point like that in the damage vs. consequences graph?
>>
>>51956939
whoops meant for >>51956834
>>
>>51956939
If there isn't a graph, there really should be one somewhere in an upcoming book.

Probably be in the Technomancer book.
>>
>>51955955
Fetishes are enchanted objects that are reusable casting tools. You must be an artificer to make them, but they can be purchased as well.

They are much like a foci, in that they need to be significant items to the tradition, but not every significant item to the tradition is a fetish. A fetish is deliberately made to be one as a magical process.
>>
>>51956936
see, I can imagine that graph
but in my games it has a minus in front
kill bob from accounting? "We are sad to say that Wageslave bob was killed by evil shadowrunners. His family of course will be compensated."
Burn down everything? "We will not let these terrorists get away with this. We promise you that we will find them and bring them to justice"
>>
Can you speedball Kamikaze with K-10?
>>
What is everyone's prefered method of character generation, both PC and NPC? I've never had much luck with priority, but i have mixed feelings about both BP and Karma.
Mostly been 4e, been branching into 5e.
>>
File: Guard stats.png (83KB, 1494x333px) Image search: [Google]
Guard stats.png
83KB, 1494x333px
>>51957246
>NPC
1/2
>>
File: Guard stats2.png (24KB, 1903x207px) Image search: [Google]
Guard stats2.png
24KB, 1903x207px
>>51957333
2/2
>>
So i apparently got dropped on the head at one stage or another, but I don't really 'get' speedballing. How's it supposed to work? You don't just take a bunch of drugs and hope the interaction roll is merciful, do you?
>>
>>51957361
basically, yes
and in 5e you usually combine drugs where the boni don't overlap
>>
>>51957399
Huh. What's the benefit of not having the bonuses overlap?
>>
>>51957409
IIRC if you have them overlap you take damage
>>
>>51957455
Ok, so there's *overdosing* from 2 drugs affecting the same attribute, and drug interaction from simply having multiple drugs in your system. Makes sense.
>>
>>51955065
Allow me to rephrase then: I assume there's a means to communicate anonymously that is so effortless on my part that it doesn't warrant mentioning. My GM is pink mohawk enough that he basically says "yeah yeah, you don't compromise your identity, now let's get on to how you handle this run" and none of the players object to it.

>>51955710
>>51955736
>>51955752
I'd honestly go for it if I had a normal group, but my game is more of a "GM drops into a boardgame cafe every 2 weeks and runs a game for whoever shows up" kind of affair.
>>
File: b587c5adb41fdedbd851df852d78b39f.jpg (812KB, 850x1500px) Image search: [Google]
b587c5adb41fdedbd851df852d78b39f.jpg
812KB, 850x1500px
>>51946257
>Do you know some wageslaves? Are you one? Or do you only talk to them when it's a hostage situation?

I actually play a corporate joygirl Face in my game.
>>
>>51957774
Muh dick.
>>
>>51957774
>tits literally larger than her head
>facial structure is a fucking razor-edged triangle
>netting in an office setting
2/10
>>
>>51957864
I agree that the shape of her face needs some work too, but
>complaining about large tits
>>
File: file.png (495KB, 563x768px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
495KB, 563x768px
>>51954413
Custom Drugs haven't been implemented properly yet.
>>51956261
Make sure you're on a current version of .Net. You should only need .Net 4.5.2, but some people have had issues without updating to 4.6.

In other news, Jesus Christ Reddit:
>It's a two player campaign, her and her husband, and there is a LOT of home brew elements with the rule system from shadowrun. We've added a lot more magic and fae creatures, which is the bane of her existence because she is completely and totally incapable of anything magical. Her hubs is a gun bunny, her best friend, the ai is a ripper doc. Her hubs is the son of a pirate lord out of Taipei. She's the daughter of one of the head knights of the king of Tir'na'nog and was estranged for many years before making something of herself and starting her own company. Her mother is still married to her father and is one of the liason's to the roman catholic church for Tir'na'nog. She started out as a low level 'protect your turf' ganger with a SIN after being fired from her low level corp programming job because her boss was doing illegal shit and that got his entire sector black listed. To what she is now, a power player in the political chaos that is turning into a oncoming corporate war as one of the worlds top corps got into occult stuff and destroyed itself when every one of their top executive got their heads nommed by what they summoned. Company completely crashed and fell apart.
>>
>>51957930
>She's the daughter of one of the head knights of the king of Tir'na'nog
And that's where I would've walked away.
>>
File: ITurnToDrink.gif (3MB, 450x188px) Image search: [Google]
ITurnToDrink.gif
3MB, 450x188px
>>51957930
>>
File: knight errant rigger.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
knight errant rigger.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>51958121
>drinking at the wheel
>>
>>51957930
>head knights of the king of Tir'na'nog
>king of Tir'na'nog
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Tir na nÓg not have a king? IIRC it was ruled by a council of Princes

FFS, if you have to be a special snowflake, at least be one that makes sense in the setting
>>
>>51958669
I would think a head knight means one of the higher up knights, not the king.
>>
>>51958669
It has not. The closest thing it has is Brane Deigh, and she's not really a queen. Just leads the seelie court, who sort of run the Danaan families and the local metaphysical wankery, who run roughshod over what is technically a democracy with a president.

Tir Tairngire had the council of princes.
>>
File: 1460292386364.jpg (147KB, 1600x1278px) Image search: [Google]
1460292386364.jpg
147KB, 1600x1278px
Do mundanes get the benefit of the dicepool bonus that weapon foci provide? Also, can technological weapons like a chainsaw or a monofilament whip be made into a weapon foci? And if a gun were to be made of oricalcum could it be made into a foci (for pistol whipping spirits; I know bullets wouldn't work as foci)?
>>
>>51958066
>>51958121
>>51958669
There is a second part, don't worry.

>Married to a troll. Loves AI's and has quite a few low grade ones, like the pixies. Has a pack of hunting cyberhounds. Bought a entire city block and turned into a DMZ that is now a nuetral territory for crime families, corporations, dragons, high grade ai's, anything else you can think of, to meet in her hotel. Her on the books stuff deals with drone races for kids. You buy in, which gets you the engine and the basic parts you need to make a drone that you then customize how ever you want and race. Small fee for races, but they are live broadcast via a few different places. She also builds custom drones and her husband works as a fabricator/design department, for Corp arms company. Her off the books works tends to be hunting down those that abuse those that can't protect themselves. She's gone after necromancers, cults, and even a few off the books corporate research groups. Her best friend is an ai that made itself a cyber body and is learning how to deal with emotions and the intricacies of humanity in general. In general she is a fearless free spirit who goes with the flow and hates being tied down. She likes the freedom to do what ever it is she wants, and often ends up doing so. She's also inadvertently become a fashion icon with some holo tech she's working on that projects onto the body via her pixies and shifts between clothes. It is a huge drain on the batteries so it doesn't last too long but she's gotten multiple other high level corps that are interested in her programming side of things now. All in all she's one of my favorite characters. Granted, she is rarely in her corp attire as she is here. She's usually in an off the shoulder t-shirt, a bikini top, hot pants, and bitch boots. The picture worked better for her corp attire. XD
>>
>>51958876
No - they can't bond it. 4e has examples of unique foci, such as an F6 katana that automatically bonds to anyone, even a mundane. It has a downside in it causes foci addiction.
>>51958905
Why the fuck would this person even run the shadows? Ever? I mean, sure, you see rich-as-shit disaffected lone wanderers, but even if they're rich as shit they've got an excuse - they probably don't even know how to sleep in a bed anymore, and have an AR program running to tell them when to smile, when to bow, when to put your sword away, when to stop strangling the chinese delivery kid, because they've spent the last 50 years walking from town to town killing things for money and have no fucking idea what normal social behaviour is. Or psychotic-anything runners, who need to keep killing, okay - the whole 'running' thing IS their retirement plan. Or the B&E specialist ones who do it for the thrill of their skills, little putative Spinrads. But this person? Fuck me.
>>
>>51958876
And yes, tech-gear could be made into a foci though they have the same problems. Your best bet might be the Neijia technique from run and gun, though it's a bit draining. If you're really desperate, ask your GM about something like orichalcum bonelacing as a custom bit of ware - like 3 essence expenditure or so, with something like a 500k for cost and have it let you bypass Immunity To Normal Weapons with your hands.
>>
File: 1376602055081.png (262KB, 504x529px) Image search: [Google]
1376602055081.png
262KB, 504x529px
>>51957930

Reminds me of a PC I had in the first time I ever ran shadowrun

>pure elven mage special forces soldier, son and heir to a noble house of Tir'na'nog, born to wealth and privilege
>bride to be gets murdered by unknown noble house in a very GoT style backstabbing
>takes to the shadows to find out who killed her, while estranging himself from his family and country
>tracks the trail to Tir Tairngire
>begins working for the Ancients as a way into the Rinelle ke Tesrae
>becomes a shadowrunner to build funds to support what is to become a shadowwar against whoever wronged him

My first time ever running the game, and I didn't know what the shit to do with this character - plus the player was a powergamer and knew the system backwards, frontwards, sideways, and even had his DMSO+Narcoject squirtgun ready to rock. The only other player in the game was a corporate hacker dwarf who was basically head of IT in some unrated corp, and started shadowrunning as a way to fund his massive hookers and blow addiction.

A better GM, with more experience, could've made something great out of what boiled down to a buddy comedy. I was not up to the challenge, unfortunately.
>>
>>51959029
>Final scene
>Lugh Surehand and Alachia are helpless before the pure elven mage special forces soldier as he is about to take his revenge
>dwarf talks him down, teaches him the meaning of forgiveness and living
>love interest agrees, helps
>Elf and love interest leave
>Dwarf sells the pair into slavery for more hookers and blow

?
>>
File: 1444782058672.jpg (331KB, 517x768px) Image search: [Google]
1444782058672.jpg
331KB, 517x768px
>>51959057

What absolutely kills me about this, is that it probably would've happened had that campaign not imploded on itself. The elven mage, while not haughty and arrogant, was instead the type of person who made decisions and didn't care if people followed them, and was good enough to get himself out situations that going in by yourself would cause.

The dwarf (and his player) was the type who was always smiling, always happy, and always underestimated, but with a vindictive streak that could be the subject of a seminar that dragons would attend to learn more from.
>>
>>51959029
>A better GM, with more experience, could've made something great out of what boiled down to a buddy comedy.
Honestly, a buddy comedy sounds like best case scenario here.
>>
>>51959303
And then the snowflake gets sold into slavery for hookers and blow, right?
>>
>>51959364
I dunno, best case scenario is that the snowflake learns to stop being a snowflake, and the story ends with the badguys being sold as sex slaves to a particularly ugly troll whose cock goes down to his knees when he's flaccid on a cold day.
>>
So bone density/lacing: Can you choose to go non-lethal, or do you always have to go for splitting the damage called shots?
>>
>>51959420
It doesn't explicitly say that you can choose between P and S, but pretty much every GM on the planet will let you do S if you'd like to.
>>
>>51948304
Who was Pencilman?
>>
File: Bashar_al-Assad_(cropped).jpg (450KB, 600x995px) Image search: [Google]
Bashar_al-Assad_(cropped).jpg
450KB, 600x995px
>>51957930
No
>>
>>51959485
Someone statted an adept using improvised weapons - usually pencils - that was capable of singlehandedly picking fights with small armies. And likely winning.
>>
File: bullseye.jpg (207KB, 1200x815px) Image search: [Google]
bullseye.jpg
207KB, 1200x815px
>>51959485
No idea, though he was probably a past build of /srg/. Honestly, this is who I thought of when I read "throwing adept".
>>
>>51959744
Who doesn't want to be able to murder somebody with a paper clip?
>>
>>51959758
My thoughts exactly.
>>
>>51959420
>>51959447

I actually haven't been, not without a penalty at any rate. Hitting someone more softly with the equivalent of a metal bat is still seriously harmful.
>>
>>51959831
That's why I always prefer to go for a sleeper hold anyways.
>>
File: 298.jpg (12KB, 757x315px) Image search: [Google]
298.jpg
12KB, 757x315px
So, working on tying up loose ends for a two year campaign.

The gunslinger adept's been on the hunt for a Mayan gang's blood shaman in the hood who's been committing a serious of sacrificial murders of Aztlaners. She's also made friends with a young Aztlaner corporate brat teen she met at a party during a run.

I am considering having the break in the case be the teen getting grabbed and having the sense to get off a message before she does, Taken style. Ideally, it'd be enough for the adept to figure out a quick response, maybe try and save her, but not more than this kid would figure out in short order. Is this viable and/or stupid?
>>
>>51953651
>he thinks 7 years is a long time playing tg

>laughinggrognards.png
>>
>>51956272
>is it unprofessional to be having sex with your fixer

You're not alone. Our decker gives blowjobs to our fixer as part of payment for services.
>>
File: Bardic Diplomacy.png (541KB, 769x266px) Image search: [Google]
Bardic Diplomacy.png
541KB, 769x266px
>>51960289
>>
>>51958876
>Do mundanes get the benefit of the dicepool bonus that weapon foci provide?
There's a single weapon focus in the setting that's both statted and stated to work with mundanes, and that's a major artefact.

>Also, can technological weapons like a chainsaw or a monofilament whip be made into a weapon foci?
Anything can, but the question you run into with the more technological foci is, "Who will?"

Of course, you can blatantly ignore that and buy it during chargen without dealing with crafting/enchanting, but even then the GM should be asking who crafted it.
>>
Are weapon foci working correctly in chummer? They aren't affecting my dicepool even after I've bonded it.
>>
>>51960517
Chummer doesn't really take into account stuff like Weapon Foci or Wireless Bonuses yet.
>>
>>51960517
>is X working correctly in chummer?

The answer is usually no.
>>
>>51960533
>>51960547
I never forego the possibility that I'm stupid.
>>
>>51960533
It probably shouldn't add in wireless bonuses as they're technically situational, even if you can be running wireless all the time.
>>
File: 64fccb0736f84cd6bad62ec7805ae5cf.jpg (416KB, 800x1197px) Image search: [Google]
64fccb0736f84cd6bad62ec7805ae5cf.jpg
416KB, 800x1197px
>>51955095
>union organizer
>having that on your resume in 207X
>>
How do you find Orichalcum?
>>
>>51960748
You ask a dragon nicely.
>>
>>51960756
Or raid Snowdonia. Try to dodge the Knights of Harlech.
>>
>>51960766
Wat?
>>
File: 1218526890279.jpg (507KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1218526890279.jpg
507KB, 1920x1200px
>>51960012
Kid takes a photo of the guy's face, or a distinctive mark he has? Arcane symbol on his robes, athame focus, etc. etc.? Hmm.

>Dragging yourself back into consciousness, you open your eyes in time to see your commlink chirp with an archived MeFeed request; given that the only people with access to this number are Maya and a Ukrainian arms dealer who has quite proudly attempted to show you in the past that he bathes in a tub full of vodka, you cover your eyes with your fingers and hope for the best.
"Oh come on, I know I shine but there's no need to get dramatic about it!"
>You open your fingers enough to see your Aztlaner friend, dramatically posed and seemingly in the middle of dressing for a party, or maybe just breakfast. It's hard to keep up with corporate fashion when your fanciest outfit is something you peeled off a dead bodyguard several months ago, after all.
>Suddenly she grins and returns to dressing, catching you up on the minutiae of her day. You spend a pleasant few minutes listening to her gossip about the other girls in her class before she wrinkles her nose and opens the door to her bedroom. "That's weird, the home security just told me it's entering a maintenance cycl-"
>*BOOM*
>*BOOM*
>The front door of Maya's apartment explodes inwards, seemingly kicked open by the hulking figures now stalking through, covered in ichorous red. Maya screams and slams her door shut, but both figures coalesce just out of focus, bodily grab her and force her back out into the main chamber, where you see a humanoid figure clutching a tall, jewelled staff...

Something something something.

>>51960517
They don't currently have bonuses applied, sorry. Foci are currently kind of terrible and need to be rebuilt to support what I want to do with them.
>>51960748
Tastes vaguely of cinnamon.
>>
File: 1477089602457.jpg (27KB, 460x459px) Image search: [Google]
1477089602457.jpg
27KB, 460x459px
>>51960843
>Tastes vaguely of cinnamon.
>>
>>51960815
Writeup from 2e. Rhiannon Glendower, Elven Countess of Snowdonia, has actual Orichalcum mines. Not the stuff that came from the comet, but a variety they find inside pear shaped crystals. The orichalcum is generally referred to as 'fruitier' than the normal stuff, with the crystals going to.. Rhonabwy or Celedyr, I cna't remembeer which.

The Knights of Harlech are full blown platemail armoured knights, either incredibly skilled mundanes or powerful adepts, never stated which, with platesuits that drip quickened spells. And there are cyberknights, combat drones that are basically the same thing. Secrets given as a gift in exchange for exclusivity on the crystal bits.
>>
What's more important for a street sam rifledude, robot arms or robot legs? I only want to cut off one pair of limbs.
>>
>>51961672
Arms + cyber gyros + foot anchors.
>>
>>51961672
Doesn't matter as long as you have grapple guns in all of them. Spend entire runs swinging around, the floor is lava.
>>
Realistically speaking, how actually useful is it to have a Dwarven Magician who has a focus on the Shape X spells, Petrify for Combat, Artisan for a hobby, and crafts an elaborately decorated and hellishly defended underground cave fortress for the team?
>>
>>51949055
currently playing an elf Banshee in 4e. loads of fun. my fellow shadowrunners still don't know what the fuck is up with me, trying to keep this shit on the down low.

besides the obvious "fuck sun", which isnt even that bad since its only get pretty sick in the sun, no mist/regen but no catching fire, regeneration is pretty based desu.

only got shot up once so far though and somehow they havn't wondered why I didnt scream to the designated medic for help right after.
>>
>>51961672
if you can pump up your base stats, don't get either and just get muscle toner and dermal plating/orthoskin.
>>
>>51951496
why would you runners even need an ISIS Technical?
>>
>>51960748
Make it. Produced orichalcum is better than found/natural even if it's a big bitch to make.

Now, as to what you're going to do with it beyond sale, that's a fair question. You probably don't have any focus or artifact formula sitting around that need it, or have a good reason to sub it in.
>>
>>51962096
Sometimes you gotta make do with what you have available, omae.
>>
>>51957761

Great, so you play in a way that you don't need burners. Congrats. Nothing you've said makes it a bad idea for other people though, so eat drek.
>>
File: TechnoJuice.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
TechnoJuice.pdf
1B, 486x500px
So, a thread or two ago, I said that yekka had a link that gave me an idea for a character (admittedly one I was already working on, but was kinda stuck on some details).

This one if you weren't there or forgot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dmPCC5EYTQ

This is a kinda rough 0.8 build. The point spreading's not as good as I'd like it, and I'm unsure about where to cut some points to get more use out of Resonance abilities.
>>
>>51962096
Because sometimes you need the firepower of a machine gun, the mobility of a vehicle and for once those pesky agents of law enforcement aren't around to give you shit for driving around in an ISIS Technical.
>>
File: vegeta.png (624KB, 1052x797px) Image search: [Google]
vegeta.png
624KB, 1052x797px
>Hanuman who thinks he's Vegeta because he's watched way too much Dragonball Z
How do I build it? Mage? Adept? Mystic Adept? Minimum requirements
>punches and does martial arts real good
>lightning balls real good
>turns into a giant monkey (gorilla is also acceptable)
>superhuman psychosis
Also, is it just me or is taking a combat spell as an adept spell fucking terrible?
>>
>>51964292
A combat spell has a few uses as an adept. But it's basically got to be a direct spell (and probably a mana one too) to be of any use to a non-troll or non-ork adept.

And even then, you may want some body boosting to hedge your bets.

But if you want to be able to both fling your mana blasts and ape-ify, you can do it as just an adept if you go Beast Way for the Totem Form metamagic.
>>
>>51964335
>But it's basically got to be a direct spell (and probably a mana one too)
Eh, not what I'm looking for. Can this concept be achieved by being a mystic adept?
>>
>>51964292

The biggest problem is that there is no adept power or magic spell that lets you shoot laser beams (unless I've missed a splat), so you'd never be able to do the Galic Gun or Final Flash.

And really, are you Vegeta if you can't do the Galic Gun?
>>
>>51964361
Lightning Bolt, perhaps?
>>
>>51964361
You could "style" a Manabolt as a laser beam. The real problem would be chucking 'em around like Vegeta does.
>>
>>51964367

That's just a singular blast. It'd be comparable to those smaller balls of energy they shoot out. Beam Techniques (Kameha maha, Galic Gun, Masenko) are sustained. Sometimes you can aim the beam after you've fired it, or you can make the beam bend, but the beam is always a sustained effect.
>>
>>51964406
I don't think there are any such spells in Shadowrun.
>>
File: Spirit_Bomb_Away!_-_Tenka.png (461KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
Spirit_Bomb_Away!_-_Tenka.png
461KB, 852x480px
>>51964292
Oh, and something I forgot to mention: if there's any way to keep my armor while transformed, that would be fucking wonderful.
>>
>>51964406
I can think of one sustained combat spell, and it's a self-exclusive, self-centered, fire AoE spell.

It's in Shadow Spells, IIRC.
>>
>>51964450
Honestly, not really, Except you can get some sort of focus armor (GM Fiat) which would make it to a part of your aura or high grade dermal plating.
>>
>>51964599
>self-centred
It's the most retarded use of rules possible. Range is Self(Area), but the flame burst only goes in a single direction.
>>
>>51964630
Some day, I want to see somebody try to game things with some kind of mirror rig on their head and see what the GM rules happens.
>>
>>51964630
I thing that they meant RAI, a cone coming from the caster.
>>
>>51964652
>The spell sends a pulse of flame in a single direction with the caster’s frst action once every Combat Turn as long as it is sustained, without damaging its point of origin (the caster). Everything else in its path, though, is damaged.
I read it as a line, not a cone.
>>
>>51964292
Honestly, you might want to ba a mystic adept.

Get at least improved reflexes 2 as adept power to chuck out spells faster. you might want to have boost [agility/strenght/body] as powers too, first two to punch things harder and last one to eat more Adept drain/damage.
The power that doubles your damage against stationary targets might be good to fluff wise, punching down walls and shit.

Might want to check out the psionic tradition from shadow spells, since it's based on a lot of confidence and thinks that magic is for losers fluff wise.

Spell wise you might want to have levitation (duh.), Shapechange or [Gorilla] form.
As far as chucking out energy balls go, check out powerball, yeah it is a direct spell, but no reason you can't fluff them to quickly flying balls that only interact with the choosen target.
Galic gun/Final flash could be by done by Blast/ Sunbeam/Powerball. It's roleplay and your tradition, your beer what your spells look like, and on that note, there is a thing called a mage mask or something like that. That maske becomes more visible on your body the more powerfull your spell is, don't know the details, but could be a golden aura and golden hair.

And to keep chucking out energy balls, buy some regents (which also look different from tradition to tradition, so the only thing stopping you from saying "senzu bean" is a quick chat with your GM, might want to take "heal" too on that note)

And lastly, you need to come to terms with the fact that SR characters have a WAAAAAY lower power level than Dragonball Z Characters. At least they start lower, nothing stopping you from trying to reach your "True sayian form".
>>
>>51964681
well seems to make more sense, seeing the text now.
>>
File: Oozaru.png (260KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Oozaru.png
260KB, 640x480px
>>51964820
>And lastly, you need to come to terms with the fact that SR characters have a WAAAAAY lower power level than Dragonball Z Characters.
Oh, I'm keenly aware of that. I can't even transform into a monkey the size of a building, but I'm perfectly happy turning into one the size of a troll. Though if we assume a gorilla has the same statline as a bear, this is going to need to a dwarf with a Prehensile Tail instead of a hanuman, as their Body doesn't go high enough.
>>
>>51964894
The [critter] Form spell does not directly relate to your actual size.
You need a Body stat within two points of the target form.

Thats why troll wizards can turn into elephants and orcas, even though they are way smaller.

Dwarf with prehensive tail sounds like a sound choice to me, Might want to get that with surge or prototype transhuman. Also dwarf is cool for the punching bussines and the PRINCE OF ALL SAYIANS isn't exactly tall either.
>>
>>51964974
>You need a Body stat within two points of the target form.
That's what I mean. A bear has a body of 9, and a hanuman has a maximum Body of 6.
>>
>>51964894
Also don't forget to pick up assensing (either by power or foci scouter) to check your enemies power (magic) level
>>
>>51965020
>foci scouter
>check your enemies power (magic) level
YES
>>
>>51957208
>Can you speedball Kamikaze with K-10?

Sure, don't expect to survive it though.
>>
File: its over 9000.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
its over 9000.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
>>51965049
>>51965020
>Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his magic level?
>IT'S OVER NINE!
>>
>>51965233
Aren't foci a bit expensive for something you'll repeatedly crush as a running gag?
>>
>>51957208
To add on to what >>51965093
, you're taking 20 stun (soak with body+will), and then another 24 stun, only this is unresisted.

The good is that you're unlikely to take all of that 24 at the same time. The times just don't match up well, but it can happen.

The bad is that you're not likely to need the time between the d6*5 min and the d6*10 min expiration times because that's probalby enough stun being taken everywhere to kill you.

On the up side, if you can somehow get a doctor to give you an overdose mix of K-10, Kamikaze, and Zero in a controlled setting, you don't have to roll for interactions. Admittedly, the worst isn't too bad, considering that being out cold has nothing to do with the crash duration.
>>
>>51965289
IIRC, nothing but dragons have a magic greater than 9.
>>
>>51965312
Theoretically, any hobo shaman off the street could, but finding somebody that had Magic 6 to start with, initiated 4 times, and then purchased extra magic to go with each initiation is staggeringly rare.
>>
My DM wants to run a comfy, high powered 2 player game, so he gave us 2 million and 800 karma at chargen. I'm thinking of going full ware, melee, stealth, and having a deck because this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to do AR decking without tanking initiative.

Does this leave my partner with a shortage of roles?
>>
In 4e, i remember something about technos not existing astrally. Why can they be detected with assensing, if they are unable to interact with the astral plane?
>>
>>51965335
If your Partner takes something awakened, everything is fine.
>>
>>51965377
in 4e you need 5 hits on your assensing test to see if someone is a techno
Since I can't remember reading about a penalty to mana spells when targeting a techno I think they exist in the astral
>>
>>51965377
You need 5 hits while Assensing them to realize something is off with their aura and that they are technomancers. For the rest they are living beings with an aura like everyone else.
>>
So, let me get this straight: in order to control which mutations I get, I have to pay 30 karma for SURGE III, and additional karma if the value of my positive SURGE traits exceeds the cost of my negative ones? For fuck's sake, I could get a monkey tail for just 8 karma if I could talk my GM into letting me take a bioware tail as a phenotypic variation.
>>
>>51957905
t. teenager who thinks Lucie Wilde is attractive
>>
>>51966281
I prefer Asians, actually.
>>
File: Lightning Strike.jpg (63KB, 600x1337px) Image search: [Google]
Lightning Strike.jpg
63KB, 600x1337px
>>51961952
So long as the GM is lenient and you get stuff like Shape Concrete, Shape Plastic, and carry a flamethrower with Shape Fire, it's OK. The big problem with those spells is that so much of the world is made of different materials, the thing you want to Shape might not be a substance you have the spell for. Still get the basic spells like Heal, Levitate, and Improved Invisibility to be flexible.
>>
Can I implant a bow in my cyberarm?
>>
File: Bow of the Future.jpg (50KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
Bow of the Future.jpg
50KB, 640x478px
>>51966421
Not RAW. Ask about doing it with the cost of an extreme cyberimplant.
>>
I just realized that if you can get one of the guns that supports max quietude, the average person on the streets can't notice the shots and even a professional perciever may need outside help.
>>
File: 4581xiejin7.jpg (15KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
4581xiejin7.jpg
15KB, 300x400px
>>51946447
>>51946977
>>51947010

Beagle drone Anon here, changed the concept to an Investigator/Face kind of character.
Know any good way to post the Chummer 5 data on the thread, so it may recive judgement ?
>>
I'm in need of opinions guys

Did anyone of you ever try to build an aspiring rockstar in the shadowrun universe?

So far I've got an ork mystic adept with his skillset spread out between illusion and mind altering spells combined with voice oriented powers on a melee build specialized in wielding axe-shaped guitars
>>
Ways to get an implanted smoke grenade? Thinking of using Steamers and filling it with smoke, would you accept that?
>>
>>51966718
Mystic adept is rarely a good call.
>>
>>51966718
desu, a popular alter ego CAN be a good cover for a runner, maybe he/she is only doing it for the kicks.

Might want to check out the Famous positive quality and the dayjob negative quality.

I'm more concerned about the whole mystic adept stuff, By my experience it's more optimal to be a Mage with manablade and some psyche/concentration or an Social adept with weapon focus instead of driving to tracks at once.
>>
>>51966703
print to pdf
>>
File: 1479947439571.jpg (219KB, 1024x1025px) Image search: [Google]
1479947439571.jpg
219KB, 1024x1025px
>>51966740
Keep them in a smuggling compartment and activate wirelessly?
>>
>>51966759
You get adept powers and spells at the same time. How is that not the best call
>>
File: 1480742215026.jpg (108KB, 564x846px) Image search: [Google]
1480742215026.jpg
108KB, 564x846px
>>51966862
High cost of entry priority-wise and you're then taxed additionally picking up your powers and spells. The character starts off spread very thin, and for whatever reason it's usually paired with other high-cost items like exotic metatypes, roles that don't synergize, etc. To top it off as >>51966787 pointed out, you can usually accomplish the same thing conceptually by being either a mage or an adept exclusively. Bit of a trap option.
>>
>>51966862
The point spread. If you try to get the most of your spellcasting, you're probably short other skills.

If you try to get the most of your adept powers, you are short qualities and karma.
>>
File: Inspector Doggo.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Inspector Doggo.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51946447
>>51966703

The idea is a Face/Legwork kind of character which uses his Beagle for Tracking, Perception and social tool
>"I swear officer, my dog just ran into here, i didn't know that this was restricted area"
Not for combat.

Never made a Face before, so what are your thoughts on him ?
>>
>>51966944
I've always played it as either 'mage with some power points' or 'adept with some spells'. As long as you don't try to go 50/50 it usually works out just fine.
>>
Is Heal a good choice for Adept Spell? The drain is physical, and Heal heals physical, so what's stopping a high BOD Adept from casting maxed Heals all day long? Am I missing something?
>>
>>51967127
Give your decker a medkit instead
>>
File: rock ork.jpg (41KB, 210x272px) Image search: [Google]
rock ork.jpg
41KB, 210x272px
>>51966957
>>51966944
>>51966862
>>51966787
>>51966759
>>51966970

Well since the party decided they were more comfy with 4e I guess the whole priority thing isn't an issue also it might change other stuff I'm really not sure.

As for the mage with powers/adept with spells, that was basically what I was going for. Combining the adept voice powers with area effect debuff spells seems like a good way to draw out more juice out of a distraction based face.

Also I was planning to play that character relying more on the pink mohawk "awesome factor" than raw stats so I focused more on building weird combos like myolnir-throwing a weapon focus and controlling it's flight with telekinesis
>>
>>51967208
Well yeah, your party falls into the calculation.

Most people here assume that you'll want the best balance between power and character, non-crippeling optimization.

But of your partys combat person only rolls 12 dice on his primary attack and has two turns per round, there is no reason to be "Sparky the wonder orc"
>>
>>51967127
Drain can't be healed by means other than natural recovery.
>>
Are there any rules for what happens when someone swallows a grenade whole and you detonate it?
>>
>>51967319
Yeah it's called the GM's jurisdiction
>>
>>51967251
So far, the party has a min-maxed elf sniper with connections in the russian mob and crippling alcoholism and another elf who specialize in modding his own implants and carrying a lot of different guns so the party had a pretty big hole to fill for a face and a magic user
>>
>>51967319
it's called death
Unless they're a 40 armor troll and then it's called breakfast

>>51967386
play a technomancer
>>
>>51967366
>>51967430
Strange, I thought this tactic would've been used to assassinate dragons so many times by now that there would be official rules for it.
>>
File: WP_20131111_16_19_21_Pro.jpg (2MB, 2000x3552px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20131111_16_19_21_Pro.jpg
2MB, 2000x3552px
>>51966961
Oh, so you went with a real instead of a Drone now?
Neat.

Point one:
Grab one of the light Pistols that have burst fire options.
Its absolutely amazing.

Point two:
Look up howling Shadows.
You want to UPGRADE your Beagle.
Aluminium Bone Lacing is a good start, and later in the game, a ruthenium polymer Fur might be nice.

There is also Critter Armor and Critter Equipment like goggles and earbuds in the book, so the Doggo can be an even better boy.

Tailored Pheromonoes should have a highler level, but this might be difficult to reach with your points.
At least get one of those suits from RunFaster that give you +1 on social tests. Costs about 2500 Nuyen iirc.
Finally, uneven scores for Body and willpower are better, so switch one point from one to the other.
>>
>>51967528
You can never overstate how fucking good the Executive Action is for a casual carry.
>>
>>51967508
Dragons have plot armor
>>
>>51967578
And look at all the good it did for Dunkelzahn.
>>
>>51967254
Even when the drain is physical?
>>
>>51967602
That turned out to be a really messy form of suicide, actually. Suicide/self sacrifice.
>>
>>51967602
Worked pretty well for him. He lived right up until he killed himself in the most useful way possible.
>>
>>51967740
>>51967781

Though Alamais did get his face stabbed off by like a thousand runners/mercs. And they've started statting younger dragons with like 10-12 magic, when regularly posting NPCs with 10-16 magic, so I guess they'll be dying pretty hard soon.

Man, great dragons should have like 60 magic or so, and young ones like 20.
>>
>>51967528
Well i was planning on upgrading "officer Beagle" but mostly sticking with a Datajack, or if that is not possible, improved smell. So i can record thing he smells or with my handheld scanner and recalling them later in perfect condition.
Alu. bones seem usefull for general survival.

>>51967546
Oh yeah burst kinda forgot about that... but do i really need burst if i throw 8P -1AP at my enemies with 16 dice ?
>>
File: Chaos Mage.jpg (107KB, 540x708px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Mage.jpg
107KB, 540x708px
>>51967733
Of course. Otherwise mages would just overcast all day erry day and have an R6 Medkit on hand.
>>
>>51967865
Can it really hurt, lad?
>>
>>51967865
>but do i really need burst if i throw 8P -1AP at my enemies with 16 dice ?

Depends on the enemy, but generally speaking, yes.
>>
>>51967865
Everything is better with burst.
Why take chances?
>>
>>51967865
>do I really need a higher rate of fire
What kind of noguns mage are you to not know that the answer to that question is always yes?
>>
>>51967891
They really should have given superhuman psychosis the reduction for burst fire as well as suppressive.
>>
>>51967873
>>51967878
>>51967891
>>51967925

Okay okay, burst it is.
but my dog will stay a good boy and won't become a cybered up monstrosity.

Any ideas about the licenses, should i take some more ?
>>
>>51967865
Unless you're impressively weak and can't handle a few points of recoil (in which case, install fucking gas vents), more bullets is always better.
>>
What sorts of places will attempt to bar the entry of obviously for 'self-defense' cyberlimbs? How common would it be to encounter a cyberware scanner - say I'm walking onto a cruise liner to whack some board member, for example, could I just wear a kimono over my limbs?
>>
File: Blohm & Voss Classic 111.png (1MB, 1085x753px) Image search: [Google]
Blohm & Voss Classic 111.png
1MB, 1085x753px
>>51968330
Basically any secure place. If you can imagine the place requiring you to get a visitor's badge, they'll have a scanner (plus borders, obviously).

Cruise ships actually have great security, it's hard as hell to sneak something onboard. It's very likely they'll have scanners, and very unlikely that they'll let the guy with shock hands onboard (unless they have some sort of 'deactivate cyberware' technology).
>>
>>51967971
>licenses
You've already been pretty thorough with licenses so nice going there. If you have spare cash you could pick up something like a Wireless Security Administrator License to cover those security tags and any jamming equipment you pick up later. May cover that maglock passkey too, not sure if those are technically wireless or not. You could get a Locksmith license if you're worried about it, which would also let you carry an autopicker and other B&E tools.
>>
>>51968417
So I'd have to get my decker to convince their systems that I'm contracted security to get a free cruise ride out of my run?
>>
File: Cyberware X-Ray.png (2MB, 5503x6172px) Image search: [Google]
Cyberware X-Ray.png
2MB, 5503x6172px
>>51968461
That's one way to do it.

I'd recommend not murdering someone on board if you have the option, though; contrary to popular belief, it's not that easy to chuck people overboard (the ships are designed to prevent drunk 20-year-olds fighting each other and sugar-high 10-year-olds from toppling over), which can only be more difficult in a world where everyone is tagged with RFIDs and broadcasting commlinks. Add to that the ever-present security (both cameras and people, which are likely increased in an age of pirates and literal sea monsters) and advanced on-ship medical facilities, and it's hard to kill someone and get away with it for long enough to get back to port.

It's a cool idea for a run, and for that I would say go for it. But you're basically locking yourself in with the cops for the duration.
>>
File: tenor.gif (698KB, 497x280px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
698KB, 497x280px
>>51968005
>>51967873
>>51967878
>>51967891
>>51967925

The character is an old man and impressively weak.

So what are my benefits with 3 round burst ? since 6 rounds are a complex action and to much recoil.

I could fire 3 rounds with the PP 110 as complex action.

As far as i can see the enemy loses 2 dice from his defense pool, for which the average is 7 to 10 dice.

so i have a 2/3 chance to deal 1 point more damage.... which the PP110 already has and also brings in AP-1.

honestly, it does not seem all that impressive.
>>
>>51968551
Or he could just force feed him poison. Or kill him and frame someone else for it. Or murderh im, stuff him in a disued cupboard. One he's clear, it doesn't matter anymore.
>>
>>51968461
If your GM is taking the time to use realistic device ratings for the scanners you may be able to walk right on with beta- or possibly alpha-grade cyber. What I mean by this is you should only be running into a max rating cyberware scanner someplace like a Tir government palace, with border crossings coming in below that, and generic A-corp facility lower still. Not all GMs do this though, so you may want to do some legwork to find out what kind of scanners (and other security) they'll be rocking on the ship.
>>
>>51968572
>since 6 rounds are a complex action and to much recoil.
Get Gas Vent 3, you scrub.
>>
>>51968631
Chummmmmer, and where am i supposed to put the silencer (i forgot to buy) ?
>>
>>51968584
It's still hard to do it and get away with it, is my point. Throwing people overboard was just an example, because it's the first thing people think of with boats.

Force-feed him poison? You have to get the poison, make him eat it, make sure he doesn't get medical attention, and make sure you don't leave evidence.

Framing someone else? Better have a really good decker who can go throughout the host, changing every instance of the person you're framing that is caught on the dozens of cameras and other sensors around the ship (cruises already tag people and follow their movements closely, for data collection) and yourself.

Trying to stuff the body in a cupboard? Good luck moving it through narrow corridors that are always crowded, even at night. Let alone finding a cupboard that isn't used.
>>
File: 1480426043198.png (222KB, 638x744px) Image search: [Google]
1480426043198.png
222KB, 638x744px
>>51968648
You can stack them if the gun has an integral version of either component.
>>
>>51968664
>>51968551
What if I can chuck the body directly into the mouth of a hungry great white, or into the middle of an ongoing feeding frenzy of a smaller shark species?
>>
>>51968330
As far as self-defense 'ware goes.

Hard targets and chrome flesh have some bioware alternatives.

Also some places with security might want you to turn your obvious arm/leg of while you stay. Get at least a synthetic arm if you want to smuggle weapons into safe spaces.
Maybe get a Handicapped license for your "accident injury"

Don't forget that most cyber weapons are thoroughly build into the limb and can't be seen without taking the limb apart/seeing them in action.
>>
File: small-beretta-pistol.png (261KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
small-beretta-pistol.png
261KB, 900x500px
>>51968703
Okay, so what are some light pistols with build in recoil compensation and/or silencer ?
possible with burst fire.

Seems like an Eierlegendwollmilchsau to me.
>>
File: Elf Mage.jpg (465KB, 1280x1678px) Image search: [Google]
Elf Mage.jpg
465KB, 1280x1678px
>>51968704
>hey, Mr. Phillip's SIN just stopped broadcasting. Also, our 'Are we about to get fucked up by the Sea Dragon' sensors are detecting something in the water right where he disappeared.

You're trying to commit a murder in a floating arcology, anon. It's doable, but incredibly difficult.

Also, how are you going to get a bunch of sharks to hang around a ship?
>>
>>51968781
>hey, Mr. Phillip's SIN just stopped broadcasting. Also, our 'Are we about to get fucked up by the Sea Dragon' sensors are detecting something in the water right where he disappeared.
Oh sure, they'll figure out that he's been eaten by one or more sharks, but if all my other tracks are covered, they'll never be able to pin it on me.

>Also, how are you going to get a bunch of sharks to hang around a ship?
Let's just say that if I look through the core rulebook, Street Grimoire and Shadow Spells and don't find some kind of sharkbait spell, I'm going to be a tad disappointed.
>>
>>51968572
>I could fire 3 rounds with the PP 110 as complex action.

"all burst as a complex action" has been cut for ages with the erratas.

As the other anon said, GasVents are a thing.
Grabbing a Savalette Guardian as a secondary gun might also be a good idea.
>>
>>51968772
Burschi, just get two different guns.
One with a Silencer (the light fire) and one with burst fire and Gas Vents.
>>
>>51968864
>some kind of sharkbait spell
don't think there is one, chummer
Closest thing would be getting a mage with shapeshift turn into a shark nearby
>>
>>51968772
I don't have a book handy so I'm afraid the only example I can come up with offhand is a heavy pistol- Savalette Guardian has an integral gas vent
>>
>>51968864
>>51968919
There's Control Animal/Control Pack from Street Grimoire.

The thing is, it's LOS, so you already need to be looking at a shark for it to work. Unless your legwork includes attaching a secret cage full of tiger sharks to the bottom of the cruise ship, released on your signal when Phillip is in position, it's not much use.
>>
>>51968919
Huh, it looks like there isn't one. Disappointing.

>>51968964
That sounds like it could work.
>>
If you find a vehicle as a rigger than isn't currently being used but doesn't belong to you can you just plug in and take it over, or do you need the decker to put marks on it and transfer control to you first?
>>
>>51969031
You need at least 3 marks on a vehicle or drone to jump into it.
>>
>>51969031
Tell your decker to just dataspike it,it won't take 3 phases
>>
>>51969031
>>51969092
Also if it's a vehicle, you can't jump into it at all unless it has rigger adaptation.
>>
File: Inspector Doggo.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Inspector Doggo.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51968703
>>51968772
>>51968875

Well here is the fix with only three guns and bought some darts for my taser.
>>
>>51968964
>>51968919

Maybe there is some sort of illusion spell that can recreate the smell of wounded tuna/seal without needing LOS ?
>>
>>51966421
>Tasers are treated as Light Pistols, Exotic Pistols are treated as Heavy Pistols, and other guns might be modifiable into cyberguns if the Gamemaster so chooses. Assault rifles and larger weapons cannot be so modified.
>Concealability Modifiers, +8: sniper rifle, bow, grenade launcher, medium drone
>>
>>51969223
That'll work if there were already sharks close enough nearby that mundane sharkbait would work, though using illusion magic would be sneakier as dumping fish heads and guts overboard might tip off the security.
>>
>>51969363
There is also the choice of turning yourself into an orca or shark and do the dirty work yourself like a proper psycho.
>>
>>51969394
At that point, you might as well just leave entirely and hope they don't have torpedoes.
>>
>>51969394
Yeah, but that's not nearly as classy and you're going to find out the hard way what happens when you turn back after eating Phillips. Unfortunately, there appears to be no illusion or manipulation spell that fits the bill.
>>
>>51969452
At this point you can also get a spirit with animal master (or whatever it is called) and have it call some sharks.
>>
>>51969489
Ah, now there's a way to get it done. You might end up using a remote service and only getting a single service out of the Spirit of Beasts, but at that point you can just assume control of the sharks yourself.
>>
>>51969104

Wouldn't the Dataspike fry the internals and make it impossible to drive?
>>
>>51969626
Only if it has no manual controls. Wrecking the rigger interface won't touch the vehicle proper.
>>
>>51969626
The goal is to just deny the enemy options to kill you with like drones, with a few hardware checks you can also fix and sell it
>>
How many ways are there to get your marks onto a device? Could a Decker or Technomancer apply a Rigger's marks to a vehicle with an interface, in order to allow the Rigger to jump in, or is it strictly impossible to have your marks applied to an unwilling device without your own direct intervention?
>>
NEW THREAD:
>>51970000
>>51970000
>>
File: shadowrun maid.jpg (218KB, 800x869px) Image search: [Google]
shadowrun maid.jpg
218KB, 800x869px
>>51960397
Please state the source. Have a relevant picture.
>>
>>51970196
It's definitely Alexis Flower/Rupert Everton.
That picture is probably from I Roved Out (http://www.irovedout.com). If you dig that then you should also check out their other comics, Bloodmajiq, LOVELYSS, and LOVESYCK.

Pic related from LOVELYSS.
Thread posts: 389
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.