[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New GM help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2151.jpg (69KB, 640x469px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2151.jpg
69KB, 640x469px
I am the GM for my very first adventure that I am going to be in change off. But I have some doubts about my adventure, so please give me some constructive criticism about it.

Here's what I have planned:
A Druidic circle that has been keeping watch over a tainted area of the kingdom have reported that the dark necromantic taint has started to spread, and they fear that a lingering presence of a long dead necromancer has resurfaced. And the PC's are then tasked to enter the tainted area and find the source of it's spread.
So I plan on throwing zombies as the primary enemies for the party, until the encounter a necromancer in an abandoned keep.
>>
>>51945767
I should also mention that there is going to be 4 players, all lvl 3, and we are using D&D 5e
>>
>>51945767
>So I plan on throwing zombies as the primary enemies for the party
My immediate reaction is that you need more variety. Even 2 zombie fights in a row start to get stale. Try thinking up some fucked-up plantlife for them to fight. Refluff a bear as a zombie-bear and throw it at them.
Also zombies (depending on number) might be a little easy for 4 lvl.3 players.
How many sessions are you planning for this to go on for?
>>
>>51945927
It's ment to be a fairly quick session, if needed I can stretch it out to maybe 1 or 2 sessions more
>>
>>51945927
>>51945941
I guess I can throw in some skeletons and maybe a tougher more "elite" enemy as the bodyguard for the Necromancer
>>
>>51945941
>>51945958
Off the top of my head, I would recommend refluffing some existing enemies (like the bear, for example) as an undead construct of some kind. Zombie bear/lion/ratswarm makes for a much more interesting fight than just skeletons. It gives a good core for the fight to centre around, having a big monstrous enemy surrounded by shitty zombies.
Just something worth considering. The whole 'corrupted forest' is a cool angle that gets a bit wasted if you JUST do skeletons and zombies
>>
>>51946144
What would be the starts for some zombie bears, and other undead monsters? It's my first time GM-ing so I only have a vauge idea on all the existing stats for monsters and NPC's
>>
>>51946399
Oh, sorry, I forgot you were first time. When I say 'refluffing' I mean 'take the stats of an existing creature of the right level and pretend its something else'
For example, describing a bear (Which I think is CR3) as a zombie bear is pretty simple.
Its quite a common trick, and quite useful if you're new. One of my old campaigns had 'the father of eagles' who was basically just a big fuckin' bird, and for that I just stole the rules for a young dragon minus the breath weapon.
>>
>>51946437
Ok good to know. Thanks for the help!
>>
Ok so this is my litte roster of enemies so far:
>Zombies
>Skellies
>Undead wildlife
>Rat swarms (for when they enter the keep)
>Ogre zombies guarding the keep
>The Necromancer himself

Is this a good mix or do I need more?
>>
>>51947167
>evil druids
>cultist aka necro wannabees
>forest dwelling monsters who either are trying to aide or escape the necro
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.