[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2000's aesthetic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (16KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 268x188px
If the eighties had a certain style and aesthetic, crazy and wacky mishmash of things like blade runner and rifts, and the nineties had a certain aesthetic grim dark urban settings full rain with people in black leather trench coats, similar to the matrix and SLA industries, what sort of aesthetic and style does one attribute to the 2000's and 2010's?
>>
>>51944697
>2000's
ask in 2020
>2010's
ask in 2030
You need time for a new style to evolve, before you can realize what the old style was.
>>
File: CEEbq9DWMAAYIa1.jpg (31KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
CEEbq9DWMAAYIa1.jpg
31KB, 512x512px
>>51944697
>2010's
>>
>>51944697
It's the shitty Apple minimalism.
>>
File: SVU sweet Chowder.jpg (2MB, 1000x1644px) Image search: [Google]
SVU sweet Chowder.jpg
2MB, 1000x1644px
>>51944697
and doges
Smartphones? Apple gagets in general? Early hister fashion, so fedoras trilbies amd tenchcoats, of the sort that teenagers wear to be edgy and which some anon at /fa/ charmingly called autismjacktes. Meme graphic T shirts are must, but with what ?
I think in like 2015,demotivatinal posters weren´t totally old and busted yet, and ayy lmaos and doges were in vogue, Auto tune?
On that noe the begging on on the self presenation- focused attention grapping Wev 2. 0 so Pre Google youtube with more lax copyrigts regulations and silly videos of cats or people singing and performing song covers just out of passion, i formally withou calling their viewers a pet name, because that feels like a Web 2. 0 thing. or vodeos of people getting hurt or whatever. And now I am rambling and feeling old.
Have a joke at a SVU´s expens, because, I regrettably can´t find a fat guy in a trenchcoat and fedora.
>>
>>51944697
Exactly what kind of aesthetic are you talking about?
Because I don't see the eighties and nineties in that way at all.
>>
>>51947178
No fedoras and hipster shit, but probably baggy clothes, and ska punk/emo shit. The last remnants of the 90s clinging to life with Evanescence, pushed away by a happier if more mainstream version of grunge. A rather cynical look on society, without really any hopes for change. Technology slowly creeping more and more in your daily life. Young people spending their lives on WoW. The reversion of urban decay.
>>
>>51944697
> 2000s
Plaid flannel shirts, thick-rimmed glasses and a resurgence of loosely-trimmed. beards.
> 2010s
Moustaches reappear, inexplicably waxed over full beards. People either have one or think that those who do are complete tools.
>>
>>51947599
>Plaid flannel shirts, thick-rimmed glasses and a resurgence of loosely-trimmed. beards.

you're mixing early '10s with '00s - early '00s was nokia candy and flip phones, pokemon had just become big and kawaii anime was the latest big thing - Tokyopop was the big new thing in all the bookstores (which existed back then) and the iraq war was the worst thing ever and Bush the worst president.
>>
>>51947843

Oh, you're right. 2010s were flannel, 2000s were bowling shirts and outdoorsy buttondowns.
>>
>>51947843
This.

If anything the 00s were totally antagonistic with hipsterism, it was really conformist.
>>
>>51947958
I always remembered the 2000's as a kinda new age rebellion, lots of punks, emos, and what we could call weebs nowadays rebelling against their parents and trying out new things. Though, I probably think it was like that because I was pretty involved with the anti war movement back in 2004.
>>
>>51948202
For me the punk and violent decade was more the 90s, with the 00s being more tame.
>>
2010s will end up with a stronger identity than 2000s, I should think, and in the specific context cultural re-filtering of superheroes, etc, you can expect "practicool" to be the defining look of the 2010s.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.