[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40/000 General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 342
Thread images: 54

File: 40kgeneral4.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
40kgeneral4.png
1MB, 1024x768px
Nobody actually knows Tau rules edition

previous rules >>51920996

>Dank Daily Duncan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3p_VuPIS2c [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed] [Embed]

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
https://sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs on iphone, lithium on android.
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>Latest GW teases
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Another list building program that may or may not be a pile of shit, sometimes it works and when it does it can be better than the garbage above
https://battlescribe.net/

>Forge World Book Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Whoever let Alpharius have 10000 library cards, you're fired. Revoking them all is going to take forever)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
File: 1481814609112s.jpg (4KB, 250x208px) Image search: [Google]
1481814609112s.jpg
4KB, 250x208px
First for Guard
>>
>>51937093
>Warhammer 40 or 0
>>
File: Canaletto's_image.jpg (10KB, 334x337px) Image search: [Google]
Canaletto's_image.jpg
10KB, 334x337px
Was canaletto a demon of tzeetch?
>>
>>51937134
>the general nazis are already here in force
>>
File: 1481846373394.png (8KB, 360x409px) Image search: [Google]
1481846373394.png
8KB, 360x409px
plastic sisters when? :3
>>
File: IMG_3567.jpg (85KB, 571x779px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3567.jpg
85KB, 571x779px
Should I use Chaos Daemons or Khorne Daemonkin for a mono-Khorne army focused on Bloodletters?

Also, are there any color schemes for Khorne Daemons anons can post?
>>
I do actuslly have not the feintest idea of Tau rules appart from
>Riptide Wing bad because killy shooty MCs
>Markerlight ew because easy hitting
>>Shooting Race
>>BS 3

Then again, we have no Tau around and I never played with or against them
>>
Do you cronons take heavy destroyers as part of your destroyer cult? I'm enjoying the cult but don't wanna buy the heavies unless they're worth it, because right now they just seem like 3 short range lascanons with a bunch of rerolls

Is it better than just adding another destroyer to each of your squads?
>>
>>51937186
Well daemonkin trade instability for straight up fearless.
>>
>>51937194
Sounds like you know as much about the rules for tau as tau players
>>
File: Casual sob.png (152KB, 620x877px) Image search: [Google]
Casual sob.png
152KB, 620x877px
>>51937176

My money is on August/September.
>>
>>51937186
Khorne Daemonkin probably offers more benefits, especially since blood letters dying let's you summon more blood letters.

Most of the color schemes I've seen f9r them are the typical red, though I recall seeing one in the KDK codex that was an ash black all over and had red for the details.
>>
>>51937199
It's one of the few sources of ap2 available, so I do.
>>
Discribe your army with a movie or tv show title

Guard
>the tanks are coming
>>
>>51937271
>Eldar
>Neon Genesis Evangelion
>>
>>51937232
>>51937176
October at the earliest, maybe November.
>>
>>51937232
Why do people fanart sisters as so painfully thick?

>not that I'm complaining or anything
>>
>>51937271
Inquisition
>Have I got news for you
>>
>>51937232
>>51937290
>the Sisters in November meme was ingrained so hard that even though Veridyan came and went the newfags still hold out hope
>>
>>51937289
Especially if you're from that one craftworld that jacks off to wraith constructs
>>
>>51937271
>AdMech
>Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

People using powers they don't understand, augmenting/replacing their body w/ cybernetics.

I know it was low effort
>>
>>51937199
Heavy destroyers are worth taking against armies with 2+ saves. Destroyers are a good unit in general.
>>
>>51937271
My Dudes or my army?
Because My Dudes are
>Star Trek: The Original Series
while my army is
>Code Geass
>>
>>51937306
>no wait they're coming in february! for real!
>>
>>51937306
>holds such illogical hatred for GW they genuinely think they announced plastic sisters and then turned around and sold a single finecast model instead

I bet you make a lot of decision based on snap judgment and emotion don't you anon?
>>
File: Lorgar.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Lorgar.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
>>51937351
>they announced plastic sisters
>>
>>51937199
Do note that you only have to take 3 destroyers in each squad, you can take a single heavy destroyer in a squad if you want to.
>>
File: faggot.png (95KB, 1256x193px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.png
95KB, 1256x193px
>>51937333
>yfw the """"""""""reliable"""""""""" rumormongers start backpedaling
>yfw all of them basically shut the fuck up after losing all their cred
>yfw Sistersfags STILL believe they are getting an update
Holy hell I really don't want to laugh at them but it's so hard not to. Pic related it's what I fucking despise but also what I'm slowly becoming.
>>
>>51937294

They're all probably built af from training regimes / supporting the weight of their armour.
>>
>>51937351
The 'Plastic Sisters this year!' rumor has been a thing for the past 6+ years, everyone thats not stupid or new to the hobby has lost all hope that this rumor is actually true because its been repeated year after year with no results. Sure now that Celestine is plastic SoB might come out sooner than later but the rumor is still baseless and no one should believe it at this point unless there are pics.
>>
>>51937271
Necrons
>terminator: rise of the machines

>tfw I was gonna use a movie title based on the Cthulhu mythos
>tfw I realize their are almost no movies based on lovecrafts work
That's an Untapped goldmine
>>
>>51937415
>he doesn't know about Cloverfield
>>
Me and some friends got into an arguement over whether or not a chimera or a rhino is a better transport, what does /tg/ think? I argued the chimera is better; while it's about 30 points more expensive, ti comes with a good weapon setup, more armor, better firing point options, can carry more models and can carry Bulky models, and is amphibious; a rhino only has a storm or combi bolter (depending on loyalist/chaos split), is much easier to destroy, can't carry bulky models plus can only carry ten models at a time, and isn't amphibious; while it's cheaper, IMO the chimera is worth the extra points for what it brings to the table, but they disagreed, saying the only purpose of a transport is to deliver a squad to where it needs to go, not to support it at all--and even at that I feel like the point increase is worth what a chimera brings.
>>
>>51937411
Mind if you namefag so i can save this post then telling you to BTFU in a few months when sisters are out?

>I mean if you're so certain you're right it should be a problem?
>>
File: 1488239966005.png (5KB, 304x223px) Image search: [Google]
1488239966005.png
5KB, 304x223px
>>51937176

You can see in her dead soulless eyes that she knows the answer is "never."
>>
>>51937432
The new one or the godzilla knockoff?
>>
>>51937294
Painfully thick and soft as fuck.
A great combination in the name of the God-Emperor.
>>
>>51937446
The Chimera is a legitimately good transport. I mean fuck it was majorly nerfed and it's still one of the Imperium's finest.

The Rhino is shit, but it's very reasonably costed, which makes it good. Also, side AV11 is a nifty trick up its sleeve.

Hands down, the Chimera is a better pick. Why do you think Inquisition players never use Rhinos? The Rhino wins when it costs 0 points though.
>>
>>51937446
Plenty of marine players would gladly take a Chimera if they could. I would as a Chaos player, but that might be because I don't have any transports in between 'kitted out rhino that dies at a glance' and 'several hundred point land raider that gets focused down instantly'
>>
>>51937176
I predict a plastic battle sister kit next year and then another decade of nothing
>>
>>51937176
They didn't have any plans for actual plastic sisters past Celestine. But the sales of Valoria or whatever her name was and Celestine have caused them to think about it. Based on standard GW turn around time, it'll take AT LEAST a year for new sculpts to get down the production pipeline, and that's assuming that is a clean, straight pipeline (all indications are that it is not)
>>
>>51937294

Why draw a 2D woman who is realistically scrawny and unappealing?
>>
>>51937186

Vanilla Bloodletters are straight up trash, so I'd you're going to subject yourself to the pain that is using them, at least use KDK so you can buff em up a little
>>
>>51937461
There's a new one? Fuck
Anyway I was referring to how Cthulhu is a dish best served never, because revealing the monster kills much of the cosmic horror atmosphere the mythos is so well-renowned for. I mean, failed SAN checks aside, CoC is was spookier before the party draws a bead on the shoggoth and the bullets start flying.
>>
>>51937446

Believe it or not they serve different purposes. A Chimera is a true transport. A Rhino is just 35 points for extra movement and protection from a round of shooting. If it's still alive, it can serve as a moving screen too.
>>
>>51937194
Ok, you just blogging or did you want to know something?

Also where is your meta, I kinda wanna take some tau there and wreck a bunch of ignorant strangers.
>>
>>51937446

A marine squad costs 140 points without any other upgrades. You gonna pay points for a Chimera on top of that? That's only one squad too, you don't even have enough for a legal army yet.
>>
What sort of gear do penal legions get? Would they even have stuff like vehicles?
>>
So how should I kit out my seraphim sister superior?

For that matter how should I kit out squad leaders in general?
>>
>>51937447
>in a "few" months
>>
File: HurrDurr.jpg (470KB, 900x1740px) Image search: [Google]
HurrDurr.jpg
470KB, 900x1740px
Any advice on the listo?
>>
>>51937530
But Cthulhu has never been about the giant monsters call of Cthulhu game style, it's about these things human minds were never meant to understand and how the universe is illogical and terrifying, how we are likes specks of plankton in an ocean compared to what's out their
>>
>>51937534
It's great for holding objectives.
>>
>>51937562
>implying a Marine player who could take Chimeras but wanted cheap efficient transports would ever use a Rhino over a pod
>implying even if Marine transports were free but he had the option of a paid Chimera, he wouldn't just take a Razorback instead of a Rhino
>>
>>51937351
They announced, and then released plastic sisters. Celestine and her Germanguys were the teased plastic sisters.
>>
>>51937497

All the friends I was arguing with WERE marine players (one loyalist, two csm); I'm a former guard player now starting CSM (Emperor's Children) and the fragility and lack of utility of a rhino is annoying me so much. I never realized how good the Guard had it with chimeras before.

Though on that note, is it worth bringing dirge casters? I wanted to bring htem as a fluffy option, but I was told by my friends that spending points on your transports is a loser's game (across any army, too.)

>>51937488

Reasonably costed shit is still shit, was my arguement; the only reason to take a rhino voer a chimera is because you don't have that option, or if it is actually 100% free, I suppose.
>>
>>51937573
Ah so that's a no?

Thanks that tells me everything about how confident you are ;)
>>
>>51937446
Side access points are relevant, especially since marines can combat squad.

being cheap as fuck is also nice
>>
>>51937583
>>implying a Marine player who could take Chimeras but wanted cheap efficient transports would ever use a Rhino over a pod

Pods provide no protection and if not in the first wave may never show up.
>>
>>51937562
Why not? It's got higher front armor, the ability to carry Independent characters (including one in termie armor). Two models can still fire out of the top, and you've got a multilaser for an extra heavy weapon.

Might not be something you want for every tactical squad, but for something kitted out, like vets or an HQ's team? Certainly worth it.
>>
>>51937583
>>implying even if Marine transports were free but he had the option of a paid Chimera, he wouldn't just take a Razorback instead of a Rhino

None of the GT winning Battle Companies use RBs. I think you're the sole clueless person on /tg/ who keeps spamming the "free RB" meme. The Rhino's top hatch is more valuable than the free HBs. The gun upgrades on RBs aren't free.
>>
>>51937621
>taking non-bike vets and non-deathstar/bike HQ retinues

There's a reason nobody does this. Learn some more about the game before trying to discuss its nuances.

Nobody plays Sternguard in transports. Nobody plays Vanguard in transports. Nobody plays Command Squads in transports. Nobody plays Honor Guard. Nobody plays melee ICs outside of casual noobs who think "Smashfucker" is the best thing ever.

Bikes and ML2 Librarians is all you'll ever see, other than Captain/Chaplain formation taxes.
>>
>>51937576
Exactly the meme comparison I was trying to draw with the old Cloverfield. It was a meme pls no bully

>tfw since Newcrons came out there will never be more Cthulhueqsue Necron fluff

>>51937590
>is it worth bringing dirge casters?
Not really. If they consider your box a threat they can and will make it disappear. Attach them anyway for a e s t h e t i c s though, I don't think anyone will mind. Most people don't even know what that bit is supposed to represent, anyway.

>spending points on your transports is a loser's game
Eldar disagree, and not just Craftworlds. The Wave Serpent is good enough that mild investment is a decent take, and Venoms are never seen without a second splinter cannon for good reason.
>>
>>51937516
It's really amazing how they don't want money.
>>
Why does Buttscribe keep telling me I can't put an artifact on my chaos lords rooooo. I just want to slap shit with Berzerker Glaive on a jump lord assaulting straight out of DS
>>
>>51937590
Dirge casters are nice for just 5 points, at least if you have assault units. I found a dozer blade on one of my Rhinos last game incredibly useful for just barging through terrain. Saved me twice. A combi-melts can also be a nasty surprise.

Odds are thoufh, your friends may end up just ignoring the thing once the marines are out. If they don't? You lost maybe 20 points in upgrades. The boosts to The vehicle are likely worth more than an extra marine.
>>
>>51937551
I was merely following the OP Edition in jest.

And good luck coming to the deepest backwater corner of Bavaria.
>>
>>51937668
>Nobody plays Command Squads in transports
Melta-command in a pod is point-for-point cheaper than Sternguard and offer melting a second vehicle over picking off infantry targets of opportunity, should they survive to turn 2.
>>
>>51937691
Have you tried using a non-shit list builder like pen and paper?
>rooooo
>>
>>51937754
>NORMANS GET OUT ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>51937754
Mate I ain't fucking writing and rewriting everything every single time I change my mind. I'll write it when it's finished
>>
>>51937738
>this thing nobody uses is cheaper than this other thing nobody uses

Nobody uses suicide sternguard anymore, especially after combi cost doubled.

WS players use melta biker command squads though

I'm sure it's good enough for casual play since you can have 4-5 special weapons but it's expensive as fuck for something that's only protected by a Rhino and power armor, the same shit that tactical marines have and die in droves because of

A single quad mortar can devastate that shit, and quad mortars come in 3's
>>
>>51937671
>Cthulhucrons

It's subtle but it's sorta there, like how orikans ability is called "when the stars are right" and how a lot of their technology is illogical and reality manipulating

The c'tan are shamelessly lovecraft in every way, disappointing they suck cock even in casual games

I will admit they could have done more, maybe a blurb to hype up deathmarks or flayers being able to phase in and kill people then just seemingly disappear, maybe have some sort of effect on citizens of slumbering tomb worlds that maybe causes outbreaks of madness before they awaken

>it's also kinda annoying they share the "horrors from beyond" niche with nids but I feel like they both fill different slots of that genre
>>
>>51937787
>Nobody uses suicide sternguard anymore, especially after combi cost doubled.
>something that's only protected by a Rhino
Did you even read my post?

>my meta is GT-level
Must suck my dude. I'm going to stay over here playing friendly casual games with semi-comp local tournaments, though, okay?
>>
>>51937819
Then you should stay over there like you say you will and not bring your shitty scrub talk to /tg/
>>
>>51937819
>tries to talk about what's "good"
>b-b-b-but not that good!
>>
>>51937855
The entire discussion was about if Chimeras were worth it compared to Rhinos. Saying 'but nobody uses transports because everyone takes bikespam' doesn't really add anything and just makes you look like a WAACfag
>>
>>51937855
>implying
Theorycrafting armchair generals notwithstanding, /tg/ is filled with casual players. Remember that the highest-played armies in these generals are Guard, CSM and Marines, with a silent Tyranid following amongst them.
>>
>>51937093
yo newfag here, where can I find the 5th edition codex for CSM? the mega does not appear to have it(although I may have just missed it). I also just want to know what the cover looks like. Anyway, any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
>>
Whose better

>Aeldari

or

>Orks are a melee race!
>I2
>>
>>51937903
Probably google for free or eBay for $5 since it's an old codex my dude
>>
>>51937880

Then that just means neither are worth it, so if you're going to be taking one or the other, you clearly try to take the one that wastes the least points: i.e. the 35 point (or zero points) Rhino.

Surprise, surprise, Battle Companies use Rhinos. If you had a Flesh Tearer style formation that let you take 6 empty Chimeras and start marines in them, nobody would take it.
>>
>>51937920
Is cheetah anon dead?

I lived through the rise and fall of his reign
>>
>>51937920
Both cancer, just like your post.
>>
>>51937920

I like both. Cheetah Anon pls come home!
>>
File: Lwo0CTFh.jpg (25KB, 650x352px) Image search: [Google]
Lwo0CTFh.jpg
25KB, 650x352px
>>51937939

I'll pour a 40 oz of Nuln Oil on the sidewalk in your honor, Cheetahfag.
>>
>>51937928
Thanks for the input Minmax-kun. Glad you could ruin any real discussion!
>>
>>51937926
yeah for some reason googling "chaos space marines 5th edition codex pdf" gives me the 4th and the 6th edition codexes. I'm getting the feeling that I am missing something important like you are supposed to use the chaos 4th edition codex when playing 5th edition.
>>
File: 1487150965764.jpg (40KB, 600x489px) Image search: [Google]
1487150965764.jpg
40KB, 600x489px
Asking again.

Anyone here have the Necromunda rules?

Emailed GW for them (because the digital rules used to be available for free) but they responded saying they can't give them out "because they were part of the old webstore".
>>
>>51937963
>40 ounces of nuln oil

Fuck might as well buy some expensive scotch and save some money
>>
>>51937993
>>
>>51937993
Chaos didn't have a 5e release as far as I'm aware.
>>
>>51937920
Cheetah-anon was pretty lame, but >I2 was just stale
>>
>>51937970
>WHICH IS BETTER, THIS TRANSPORT THAT NOBODY EVEN TAKES IN GUARD OR THE TRANSPORT EVERYONE TAKES
>NO, NO YOU CAN'T SAY THAT I'M THE ONE WHOSE RIGHT BECAUSE I DON'T PLAY AGAINST HARD OPPONENTS

"real discussion"
>>
>>51937993
Found your problem. CSM didn't get a 5e codex

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Codices_(List)
>>
File: 1371878888411.gif (1009KB, 390x219px) Image search: [Google]
1371878888411.gif
1009KB, 390x219px
>>51937920
>>51937939
>>51937943
>>51937963
>>51938015
GGA was annoying to convince to resize his pictures, but after he learned to do it the right way he's become an awesome dude who contributes immensely to quality /tg/ discussions. -1/10.

Cheetanon deletes his shitposts if he doesn't get any (You)s. 0/10

The >I2poster is a bitter Orkfag who stands by what he says, even though it's shitposting. 4/10
AdMech hater actually completely believes that what he says is true and doesn't realize taste is subjective. 6/10.

Walkers aren't vehicles WEfag is either an utter retard or master troll. 7/10.

Themetunefaggot is as above, but obnoxious and legit autistic. Like not even meme autistic, he seriously has a problem. His ability to generate butthurt is incredible. 8/10.

Raptors Anon shitposts and shills so much that it's possible to recognize him even when he doesn't post pics, and even in real life in fact. 9/10.

Riptides Aren't OP Taufag generated many a hearty kek, but what's better, he got so assravaged by the fact that we all laughed at him he came back for another round, and even now still wipes the 1d4chan page me made in his honor. 10/10.

Apologies if I forgot your favorite shitposter, there are just so many of you.
>>
>>51937271

>Grey Knights
Men In Black

>Tau Yeah, I love them. I play them. Fight me.
Pacific Rim

>Dark Eldar
A disgustingly awesome amalgamation of Mad Max and Blade Runner with a sprinkling of House of Cards.
>>
File: orky uh boss.png (280KB, 450x375px) Image search: [Google]
orky uh boss.png
280KB, 450x375px
>>51938005
ah this clarifies quite a bit, thank you anon
>>
File: Untitled.png (56KB, 769x642px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
56KB, 769x642px
>>51937999
>>
>>51938039
>The >I2poster is a bitter Orkfag who stands by what he says, even though it's shitposting.

I'm not the I2 guy, but I posted the I2 meme once when I saw a chance to get first post in a new general.

I got second post.
>>
File: 1467278507614.jpg (227KB, 1150x521px) Image search: [Google]
1467278507614.jpg
227KB, 1150x521px
>>51938005
Damn, used the old version with the misplaced '98 edition line.
>>
>>51938023
I took chimeras as guard all the time--but, mind, I last played in fifth edition, so my opinion is probably invalid.
>>
>>51937176

Oh god where's all the people who were adamant about February?

Because holy shit I want to laugh at them.
>>
>>51938090

Chimeras and GK Razorbacks were the best transports in 5E
>>
>>51938039
>Admech hater
Never heard of this guy, how could you hate the ladmech?
>>
>>51938090

IG sort of gave up trying to keep up with the mobility game because it's just not possible due to the large numbers IG also need to field to stay relevant, so they just switch to 50 man blob of foot Conscripts. Mechvets and meching up guardsmen aren't a thing anymore.
>>
>>51938100
Four is still multiple sisters.
>>
>>51938119
>Mechvets and meching up guardsmen aren't a thing anymore
You can take my competitive edge but you'll never take my Mechvets.
>>
>>51938118
His argument was "How could you like AdMech" and basically said he didn't like the way they looked, and claimed it was objective.

It rustled my jimmies a time or two, since I'm a newer AdMech player.
>>
>>51938131

Three.

Celestine, the finecast one, and Celestine's bodyguards are just the same sculpt, mirrored.
>>
>>51938044
>pacific rim
>movie about giant robots fist fighting monsters
>tau hardly fist fight and their robots are only the size of dreadnoughts

i disagree with your choice but respect it

>>51937920
well the aeldari rape the i2 orks if that's what your asking, but the shit posting about orks hurts
>>
>>51937271
Orks
>Zulu
Alternatively
>Stalingrad 1983
[Spoiler]Cuz they all die in the end[/spoiler]
>>
>>51938119

>Mechvets and meching up guard aren't a thing anymore

Well, that and the name change pretty much cements that I'm not going back, then; my old list was a company command squad with some fixings, a primaris psyker, a couple psyker battle squads or ratling squads, mechvets for troops, armored sentinels/hellhound squads, mixed russ squadrons and deathstrike missile launchers. Anything but the ratlings was in chimeras; if they had the option. Six or seven a game, easy.
>>
>>51938177
Orks
>Mad Max Fury Road
>>
>>51938169

The names character cannoness is finecast?
>>
>>51938174
We've got the Onager Gauntlet. It is possible.
>>
File: Retardo.png (145KB, 676x2317px) Image search: [Google]
Retardo.png
145KB, 676x2317px
Do I buy sensible things that I actually kinda need like Raptors, jump lord and heldrakes
OR DO I GO FULL RETARD AND BUY THIS PILE OF DOGS?
>>
>>51938153

You mean your Militarum Tempestus (TM)?

TAUROX VS. CHIMERA, GO!
>>
>>51938169
Greyfax is an OG sister.

Also, everyone seems to forget SoS. With a head swap and maybe removing the cloak/adding backpacks you've got plastic sisters.
>>
>>51937534
Got it backwards, Anon. The Rhino is a true transport. A direct translation of the M113: You put the troops in position and leave (or, since this is a tabletop game, suicide to provide cover).

The Chimera is a space-Bradley: it's designed to fight as well as transport troops. Ironically the Bradley is very much disliked compared to the M113 because concessions to make it firefight friendly make it a terrible transport, and the concessions to let it transport make it terribly armored for it's huge size.

On the tabletop, it's simply less useful to have something be really, REALLY good at moving troops around and little else. But in real life the utility of such vehicles is paramount to a war effort. Just ask Webster from Band of Brothers and what he thought of the German's... lackluster logistics chain.
>>
>>51938169
>and Celestine's bodyguards are just the same sculpt, mirrored.

No they're not, you retard.
>>
>>51938223
i need to get back to gaming to find these tau that would dare engage in honorable combat because it's usually me reaching a unit and slapping them silly on the times it happens
>>
>>51938226
Fuck, them, I'm all about that Astra Militarumâ„¢.

The Taurox is shit, Chimera wins. Taurox Prime might give it a run for its money if it was available to all Guardsmen, but even then I'd probably still take Chimeras.
>>
>>51938078
>daemons
>CSM
>Imperial guard
>tempestus
>tyranids
So these are all the armies without a current codex?
>>
>>51938253

The connotations associated with the word transport in 40k may not be identical to the ones it has in modern military.
>>
>>51938265
No, Daemons and KdK are 7th ed, iirc. I know KdK are because they have the crappy templates rather than models.
>>
File: 1364969951188.png (28KB, 300x748px) Image search: [Google]
1364969951188.png
28KB, 300x748px
>>51938260
I doubted it and flipped one around to compare with the other. It's true. Same sculpt, but with slightly different details, a different head and the sword and gun arms swapped.

>only the dead can know peace from this CADshittery
>>
>>51938261
I don't play em, but Farsight suits with Fusion Blades can be pretty nasty. Unfortunately I believe the Fusion Blades are "Signature Systems", though. So I think it's only 1 per army.
Drones are dangerous as fuck, dude. I don't know how many times the attached drones have scored a wound because they "BONK!" the enemy.
>>
File: Red Crusade - 1500pts.jpg (149KB, 900x589px) Image search: [Google]
Red Crusade - 1500pts.jpg
149KB, 900x589px
1500 Points of Mechanicus with a Knight thrown in for casual games. Looks pretty affordable money wise since I already have the Knight, maybe drop the ruststalkers for a Dominus in order to run the SC Box formation? But then I'd need another troop choice.
>>
>>51938264
>Astra Amilitari
>Atauroxi
>Achimeri

Afixedi for you.
>>
What is the best way to use slambo? In 40k? I love the new model but I don't play that casual game
>>
>>51938216
that one with the skull boobplate?
yes
>>
>>51938301
>Same sculpt
>but with different details
>different head
>different weapons
>different arms

So basically just the legs and torso are the same. It could have been worse. They could have just not mirrored it at all and have both sisters staring intensely to the right.
>>
>>51938261
I wish my Cadre Fireblade could get an actual melee weapon. I would fix bayonets way more often.

As it stands, his best melee kill has been managing to finish off a lone wulfen
>>
>>51938314
Play WHFB
>>
>>51938314
CSM lord
renegade and heretic commander
>>
>>51938226
Chimera every time

Only the Taurox Prime is worth it as an alternative.
>>
>>51938325
>different details
Which are easily added and changed after the base pose of the sculpt is done.
>different weapons
Their swords and guns are the same.
>different arms
Their arms are the same.
>>
>>51938355

come at me faggot
>>
>>51938200
He's kinda bullshitting you. Veterans in Chimeras is still a thing. Hell there's a whole formation dedicated to the concept in the Cadia supplement.

You'll often see mechvets as the counter to monstrous creatures, low strength infantry, and vehicles by using veterans armed with plasma, flamers and meltaguns respectively. The Chimeras let you get them where they need to be with that beautiful 18" (Cruising+flat out) move-per-turn, then either shoot out the top or shoot after moving another 12" (6 inch vehicle move, pivot around, and then 6" disembark out the rear).

CCS's go in Chimeras by default. Why would you wan't you're T3 warlord without a command vehicle to keep him "safe" and extend his order range? Plus he can then follow the mechvets around at their own speed and give them orders. For GOD'S SAKE do not! forget! orders! They turn veterans into ultramarines with chapter tactics in terms of effectiveness!
>>
Would a sigil of corruption stack with the invuln from terminator armor?
>>
>>51938420
>They turn veterans into ultramarines with chapter tactics in terms of effectiveness!

IG get grav guns now?
>>
>>51938438
>stack
...No? You would have both, but one is entirely defunct.
>>
Step 1: Steal a Necron inertialess drive and a Cryptek's blueprints for it.

2: Write "STC" on the side of it in red crayon.

3: Leave it where a Tech Priest can find it.

How much better is the Galaxy?
>>
How is this for a fun tau list?

+++ Greater good (Warhammer 40,000 7th Edition v2017) (1500pts) +++

++ Combined Arms Detachment (Tau Empire: Codex (2015) v2005) (352pts) ++

+ HQ (122pts) +

Commander (122pts)
XV8 Commander Crisis Suit [Command and Control Node, Multi-spectrum Sensor Suite, Neuroweb System Jammer]

+ Troops (230pts) +

Breacher Team (185pts) [10x Fire Warrior with Pulse Blaster]
TY7 Devilfish [2x MV1 Gun Drone, Disruption Pod]

Strike Team (45pts) [5x Fire Warrior with Pulse Rifle]

++ Formation Detachment (Tau Empire: Codex (2015) v2005) (1148pts) ++

+ Formation (1148pts) +

Allied Advance Cadre (480pts)
Kroot Carnivores [10x Kroot, Sniper Rounds]
Vespid Stingwings [4x Vespid Stingwing, Vespid Strain Leader]
Vespid Stingwings [4x Vespid Stingwing, Vespid Strain Leader]

Piranha Firestream Wing (260pts)
TX4 Piranha (Team Leader) [Disruption Pod, Fusion Blaster]
TX4 Piranhas
TX4 Piranha [Disruption Pod, Fusion Blaster]
TX4 Piranhas
TX4 Piranhas

Ranged Support Cadre (408pts)
Pathfinder Team [6x Pathfinder]
XV88 Broadside Battlesuits
Broadside [Early Warning Override, Twin-linked High-Yield Missile Pod, Twin-linked Smart Missile System]
Broadside [Early Warning Override, Twin-linked High-Yield Missile Pod, Twin-linked Smart Missile System]
>>
>>51938292
Yea. I know. I just said why; The long-range performance of true transports like the Rhino are insufficiently represented on the tabletop, so things that would in real life be great (Rhino) do poorly compared to weapons that have subpar performance.
>>
>>51938475

The Imperium isn't failing because of the dangers of Warp travel.
>>
>>51938481
>The long-range performance of true transports like the Rhino are insufficiently represented on the tabletop

Just make grav-cannons have 48" range.
>>
>>51938493

You can cross the Galaxy in minutes with an inertialess drive and stop on a dime.

Do you have any idea what that would do to logistics? Plus, less even indirect warp exposure and less reliance on filthy three eyed mutants.
>>
>>51938529
>Do you have any idea what that would do to logistics?

You really think the Imperium will improves its logistics even with that technology? The IMPERIUM?
>>
>>51938541

Sure. Armies can show up where they need to right after setting off, deliveries take less time once actually assigned.

Sure, the paperwork is the same speed, but you're shaving months off all over the place in actual execution time.
>>
>>51938529
Problem is that the Necrons are likely to kill everyone to take it back before it can be duplicated or spread around.
>>
>>51938476
>Allied Advance Cadre
Awesome, but would only really be worth it in scenario games with lots of forests.
>Firebase support Cadre
Only if you promise to shout "FIRE ZE MISSILES!" before you're first salvo.
>Firestorm wing
My Eradicator Thanks you for making it feel so important.
>>
>>51938438
No of course it wouldn't. It strikes me as a pointless investment to take the digit on a termie.
I personally put one on my jump pack lord as he's fighting at I1 due to his weapon so it's essential I try and keep him alive that long if I'm fielding a Raptor Talon. Also on a jugger lord if I ever want to embed one in fast attack units
>>
>>51938475
Oh no, a warpstorm!
Oh wait! We don't give a shit anymore!

Already infinitely better.
>>
>>51938475
>give the blueprints for a nuclear generator to baboons
>write "infinite banana machine" on it
This is what you're basically saying, necron technology is utterly incompressible to "lesser races"
>>
>>51938529
And how does going from multi-lightspeed to a halt "on a dime" affect meat-people?
>>
>>51938616
Oddly enough, you'd probably have better luck giving the Necron drive to the actual monkeys. Jokero are the only ones I could see actually figuring it out
>>
>>51938605

But without ships getting stranded in the Warp, Celestine would have never been able to help Cadia.
>>
>>51938635
I think that's covered by the inertialess part
>>
>>51938475
>Necron inertialess drive

It's near-light speed meaning it won't help the Imperium.. So Warp travel is much better
>>
>>51938039
And then there's Carnac, who may actually also be one or more of the above.
>>
>>51938529
>You can cross the Galaxy in minutes with an inertialess drive and stop on a dime.

No, you can't. Necrons without the Webway are forced to use their slow ass ships dooming them to isolation. It's right there in the codex.
>>
>>51938644
Who needs Celestine when we can have every other fleet and/or spaceborn regiment in the sector within the hour?

It would be like the Seven Week's War. "HAHAHA! We're bigger an-wait. How did you mobilize so fast?!?"
>>
No more warp shenanigans means no more homebrew justifications for your shit

Play a past era/extinct army? Nope not valid anymore.
>>
>>51938638
Do they actually figure things out?
Isn't it just a semi-instinctual thing like magpies or those mosaic building hermit crabs.
>>
>>51938684
>wanting some smelly mustachioed bridge admiral instead of literally-cries-golden-tears and is super nice to even Ultrabich Greyfax Living Waifu Celestine

You'll never brainwash me, Necron scum!
>>
>>51938475
Great
after the hundred or so years that the STC would be analyzed, copied and discussed to see if it's real, "canon" so to speak and functional
then x amount of years to create the facilities to produce it
then y amount of years to remake your entire fleet to incorporate the new designs
>>
Wait so if Celestine's bodily fluids are liquid gold, does she ooze gold like...down there?
>>
>>51938674
We don't talk about him here.
>>
Post one reason they would keep slaanesh in 40k now that theyre killing it in AoS
>>
>>51938745
Yes
>>
>>51938793
>Goldmember
>>
>>51938745
What? When Abaddon backhanded her she bled red.
>>
>If you split it evenly between the 3, Guilliman is $30
>$30 for a Primarch

At least my GK finally get SOMETHING after just being a passing mention in the recent fluff campaigns.
>>
>>51938778
To not piss off all the people with slaanesh-aligned armies?
>>
>>51938745
pinapple juice
>>
>>51938793

You know someone's going to jerk off tp Celestine now using Retributor Gold or Liberator Gold.
>>
File: oQAxwOj.jpg (392KB, 1574x888px) Image search: [Google]
oQAxwOj.jpg
392KB, 1574x888px
>>51938804
>forgetting image
>>
>>51938810
They literally just killed two long-standing fantasy armies. They wont give a shit about pissing off the handful of grognards who still cling to slaanesh.

Besides, they wont kill the model line, theyll just rebrand slaanesh models as "shadow daemons" painted in greyscale instead of purple
>>
>>51938822
>genestealer hybrids upgrade pack
OwO whats this?
>>
File: Best.jpg (227KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Best.jpg
227KB, 1024x683px
>>51937996
Update.

Okay, I've managed to get a shit ton of Necromunda rules and expansions, except the underhive wars edition.

It's all unorganized, though.
>>
>>51937576
What's out their what?
>>
>>51938853
Probably the one they include in the Neophyte Guardsmen boxes. Same for the Deathwatch ones.
>>
File: gilgamesh tier bait.jpg (65KB, 622x626px) Image search: [Google]
gilgamesh tier bait.jpg
65KB, 622x626px
>>51938778
>>51938851
>Guaranteed replies.txt
They aren't killing Slaanesh in AoS, and TK/Brets still have AoS rules.
>>
File: 1488245986294.png (2MB, 1296x753px) Image search: [Google]
1488245986294.png
2MB, 1296x753px
>>51938897
>They aren't killing Slaanesh in AoS

Also, squats still had rules for 40k.

until the game changed so much that they were no longer usable

Do you really believe GW will continue to make updated rules for Brets/TK every time Sigmar's rules change?
>>
>>51938853
>>51938822

>Gulliman returns from near-death only to get his throat ripped out by a Genestealer and is forced back into stasis.

GW status quo strikes again!
>>
>>51938676

According to exactly one source contradicted before and since, sure.

Even if you only go by codices, 7th ed codex brought back the inertialess drive.
>>
>>51938803
Maybe she is only filled with gold when her connection to the Warp is intact.
>>
>>51938999
>all these grand parades and epic battles
>finally, just as it seems like the galaxy is at peace and Guilliman can rebuild the Imperium, a random Genestealer zooms by from off camera and drive-by de-throats Guilliman before disappearing
>>
File: 1474682776893.jpg (373KB, 1185x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1474682776893.jpg
373KB, 1185x1001px
>>51938078
Ah dun gun went made a lazy update.
>>
>>51938948
>literally fanart
>I do not actually read AoS fluff and only know /tg/ memes

>squats still had rules for 40k
GW also said they were squatting Squats and retiring them as a playable faction. No such word on Brets/TKs or Slaanesh for that matter.

>Do you really believe GW will continue to make updated rules for Brets/TK every time Sigmar's rules change?
No, but I also don't give a shit, because if I wanted to play with Brets I'd play WHFB and if I wanted to play with TKs I'd go to an Aos tournament.

That's enough (You)s for one day, though.
>>
>>51938948
>According to exactly one source contradicted before and since, sure.

Nope, it hasn't been contradicted. Post a single source that says they are FTL. I fucking dare you, mofo.

>7th ed codex brought back the inertialess drive.

They were mentioned by name in Fall of Orpheus first and guess what? They don't say they are FTL.
>>
File: images (8).jpg (27KB, 368x399px) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
27KB, 368x399px
>>51938039
Back due to popular demand:

Reminder that pic related has a sweet melody which suits them perfectly now

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=IUGzY-ihqWc&feature=share [Open] [Open] [Open]

FAQ:
>Dubstep is gay lol?
Dubstep suits many chaotic factions as it is fairly chaotic
Also this song is hardly Dubstep

>I listened to three seconds and I thought it was shit?
No, you are shit. Try lasting longer than you do in bed next time, before giving a review

>If this music isn't to my personal taste, does that mean it is the wrong song for the Night Lords?
No

>ITS NOT METAL I CAN SHAKE MY NECKBEARD TO????
Metal music doesn't suit chaos, this isn't the 80s. The Night Lords have evolved a lot in the last 8-10 years, so get on board or fuck off. Metal only really suits World Eaters, even then, probably Hardcore.

>My Emps Children love the shit metal though!!!
No, your structured music would bore them to death. Please read current fluff, not your 80s shit

>LOL LOOK MY SHIT SONG ABOUT BATS OR LIGHTNING IS FUNNY
*Pat pat* nice original joke, friend

>Does the above point apply for any of my other "funny" song ideas?
Yes.

>I know more about music than you because that is brostep, not dubstep
Doesn't change the fact that it is the correct song for the Night Lords

>Why did you word that first sentence weirdly?
Because people thought they were clever with their spam filter
>>
File: 1367526271125.jpg (35KB, 506x468px) Image search: [Google]
1367526271125.jpg
35KB, 506x468px
>>51939075
Good work, I was actually thinking of asking if anyone wanted to make an up-to-date version with supplements but thought better of it because I didn't think anyone would respond.
>>
File: deadly ap4 shakeweights.jpg (362KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
deadly ap4 shakeweights.jpg
362KB, 873x627px
>>51938331
it's kinda of surprising they haven't given them melee weapons since everything in the god damn universe is into melee and will fuck them up in cqc. i know the etherals at least practice bloodless combat with their shake weights. at least they have 2 attacks so they do train a little
>>
How evil is to want to use my Warlord Titan?

It's two Belicosa Volcano Cannons and two shoulder Reaver Laser Blasters

It's 2850 points and I want to run it with a Warhound with a Double Barreled Turbo Laser Destructor and Plasma Blastgun for a total of 3600 points.

Even though it's 3600 points would it be fair to assume me fighting 4000 points would be even?
>>
>>51939145
I get bored around 3 AM but my spelling capability drops drasticly so I can't do insightfl coments.

Good thign spreadsheets are easy.
>>
>>51939182
>129 KB JPGHow evil is to want to use my Warlord Titan?
You have it, so it's only reasonable.
>>
>>51939182
Not really. Titans go down surprisingly easy.
>>
File: Yvraine.jpg (2MB, 1598x2170px) Image search: [Google]
Yvraine.jpg
2MB, 1598x2170px
>>51939072
>Yvraine shrugs and casually revives Roboute by french kissing.
>>
>>51939182

I can't imagine anyone would buy something like that and not want to use it at least once in their lives.
>>
>>51938778
>Shadow over Hammerhal where there's a sorcerer trying to revive Slaanesh
>the most recent rumour engine
>Hints at Fulgrim and potential leaks for him appearing in recent 40k events
?
>>
File: 1486667613857.png (655KB, 1294x775px) Image search: [Google]
1486667613857.png
655KB, 1294x775px
>>51939225
Is there anything she can't do?
>>
>>51939246
Beat Lileath in a fight? Beat Ahriman in a magic fight?
>>
>>51939235
Some people just like big center pieces.
>>
File: resident7.jpg (40KB, 612x610px) Image search: [Google]
resident7.jpg
40KB, 612x610px
>Abaddon starting to succeed for one
>Chaos about to fucking defeat loyalist fucks
>THEY HAVE MARY SUE PRIME KILL HIM

WHY

WHY

WHYYYYY TELL ME WHY

WHO IS RESPONSIBLE
>>
>>51937574
Astropath is kind of random when you already have so many psychic powers. I'd drop him for another Commissar for the Psykana Division. Though, if you're intending to roll for Invisibility or Shrouding, then I'd drop the Primaris Psyker in the CAD and take either 1 ML2 Astropath and 1 ML1 Astropath, or take 3 ML1 Astropaths and try to roll them each on Telepathy. ML2 Astropaths are nice because you can get more powers for rolling one discipline, but being W1 they can die easily, so I sort of like having 3 ML1s for more wiggle room.

Lascannon Scout Sentinels are kind of weak. They miss easy and are destroyed easily. I love Lascannon Sentinels, and I've used them many times and they are a pretty big gamble in terms of performance. If your intention is to use Prescience on them, I think that would work nicely, but they are still fragile. If you can free up 15 more points, I'd upgrade them to Armored Sentinels.

If you don't plan to use Prescience on the Sentinels, I'd drop all 3 in favor of 2 Armored Sentinels with Plasma Cannons in separate squads. That way you have more of a bubble to give out Move Through Cover and also you have walkers that can tie up units that don't have Krak Grenades or Powerfists. With the extra 35 points, I'd put in another Commissar in the Psykana Division so you're making sure all your psychic powers are going off very easily.

Other than that, neat list. I assume you're going to use the split fire order for the Vanquisher in Pask's unit? It could work well having Preferred Enemy for that tank. You could also put the Vanquisher in the last Heavy Support slot too.
>>
>>51939236
>believing the Fulgrim """""""""leaks""""""""" are anything more than a nod that he still technically exists
>>
>>51939280
>lileath
is not a 40k character
>>
>>51939290
>Chaos
>Doing anything

40keks
>>
File: 1486688531150.png (52KB, 540x675px) Image search: [Google]
1486688531150.png
52KB, 540x675px
>>51939280
Lileath is dead, and as for Ahriman...
>>
>>51939246
>hot spiritseers with big boobys who are sluts

Who doesn't like those?
>>
>>51939246
>Dislikes: unboned corsets

MY SIDES FOR YNNARI
>>
File: 1391894221503.png (4KB, 221x210px) Image search: [Google]
1391894221503.png
4KB, 221x210px
>410 points
>5 meganobs, 2 with bosspole
>painboy
>mek boy
>battlewagon, 1 shoota, reinforced ram, boarding plank
Is this way too expensive? I feel like I should tone it down.
>>
>>51939246
Have children.
>>
File: Dark_Angels_-Matt_Bradbury.jpg (15KB, 250x310px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Angels_-Matt_Bradbury.jpg
15KB, 250x310px
>>51939317
You rang?
>>
I miss when the Duncan in the OP was the real paint god of mankind.
>>
>>51938331
I wish my Fire Warriors had access to the Special Weapons that Pathfinders do. I NEVER run anything but Carbines on them because they're my Markerlight sources.
>>
>>51939347
Dies to one 8/2 pie.
>>
Calling it now; the whole gathering bullshit storyline will have Gulliman meet Abaddon before they get to Terra. Rowboat will do heroic sacrifice to send Abaddon's soul into the warp ending the crusade, but will have to be put back in stasis because the expenditure of energy killed the eldar slag.

Cypher has to dip and dive outta there when the DA come-a-calling and basically nothing changes in their storyline as the Fallen with C-dog die and he disappears again before getting to Terra.

Eldar split up as their slag dies and go back to Craftworlds and big ole evil city of nastinees.

Of Trazyn the joker let's Creed out for some battle and in exchange for some fancy shit/Celestine gives the Imperium some more pylons to basically turn another planet in the Cadian system into another new Cadia.

Elsewhere Ghazz will unite the Orks, swing at Armaggedon and be stopped by Yarrick at some hive, and the story will pause there.

Meanwhile the Tau will have a little civil war just to pretend they are relevant to the setting, and also get some new characters becasue they haven't got enough.

Cap this.
>>
>>51939407

You mean like the Riptide that costs half the points?
>>
>>51939182
Just give your opponent a heads up and let them rewrite their list possibly since the warlord is immune to so much.
>>
Why isn't Typhus tougher? He should have eternal warrior. 30 pts. More than Cawl, who is both tougher than the tough disease ball tank and can 1 shot him. He's a 10,000 yr old immortal for fucks sake.
>>
>>51939306
>>51939312
I mean what'sherfce the Wych character that stabbed Yvarine.
>>
>>51939434

Cawl is retarded
>>
>>51939182

Can haywire do anything to it?
>>
>>51939182
Titans are meant to fight other titans so if you're fighting 4000 points of regular army you'd probably just blow the shit out of them
>>
>>51939407
What in the game has a large blast s8 ap2
I don't have tau at my store so no riptides I guess
>>
File: warlord titan.png (3MB, 1544x1512px) Image search: [Google]
warlord titan.png
3MB, 1544x1512px
>>51939442
01011011 01100011 01101111 01101110 01100100 01100101 01110011 01100011 01100101 01101110 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01101100 01100001 01110101 01100111 01101000 01110100 01100101 01110010 00100000 01101001 01101110 00100000 01100010 01101001 01101110 01101000 01100001 01110010 01101001 01100011 01011101
>>
File: Titan Rules.png (1MB, 1179x827px) Image search: [Google]
Titan Rules.png
1MB, 1179x827px
>>51939442
They're entirely immune to Haywire.

>>51939455
That's fair.
>>
>>51939481
All I can think of is a demolition charge that is S8 AP2. That's only 6 inch range though. I think S10 AP2 is more common with Demolishers and Vindicators.
>>
>>51939392
I think it would be neat to have fire warriors with pathfinder special weapons as an elite choice. Just like a team of Shas'uis with experimental guns for key operations.

Just more of a fun addition. Not like people would take them anyway when Crisis troops exist.
>>
>>51939486
01011011 01100111 01110010 01101111 01110011 01110011 00100000 01010110 01101111 01111000 00100000 01010111 01100001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01101100 01100001 01110101 01100111 01101000 01110100 01100101 01110010 00100000 01101001 01101110 01110100 01100101 01101110 01110011 01101001 01100110 01101001 01100101 01110011 01011101
>>
>>51939495
>>51939486

Fuq how do you even kill that thing?
>>
>>51939412
>bring a primarch back only to kill him again
That's a great plan for GW to sell models.

Bobby G is back and isn't going away, just deal with it.
>>
File: shoo shoo spooky d ghost.jpg (223KB, 992x777px) Image search: [Google]
shoo shoo spooky d ghost.jpg
223KB, 992x777px
>>51939535
>>
>>51939486
I want to use a Warlord Titan with 4 vortex missiles on it.
>>
>>51939535

DE lance fishing/blasterborn, D Wraiths, lascannon fishing
>>
>>51939558
>tfw want to run a Warlord with two fists and two Vortex missiles
>tfw can't possibly justify spending that much even on a legit build let alone this level of retardation incarnate
>>
>>51939182
>How evil is to want to use my Warlord Titan
Assuming it's legit and not recast, it's not evil, it's a fucking right as a titan owner.

Plus the warlord is the only good one, the rest aren't as good as they should be for the price you pay. Go forth and purge all the xenos and heretics
>>
>>51939574
Wait for Epic Titanicus.
Then I'm gonna make the Annilus Maniple from my homebrew legion.
>>
File: asfasg.jpg (4MB, 6297x3945px) Image search: [Google]
asfasg.jpg
4MB, 6297x3945px
pls r8 my Emperor's Wrath Artillery Company Commander, no b8, no h8
>>
>>51939300
I mean, at the very least the rumour engine seems kinda convincing to me.
>>
>>51939610

looks zoggin great

9.5/10
>>
>>51939514
I think I should be fine as long as the battlewagon survives long enough to drop the guys into combat, right?
>>
>>51939132
Speak of the autistic devil and he shall appear
>>
>>51939535
This basically
>>51939547

Even then the warlord has a good chance of surviving, because he will shit upon the WG as they move to get their 12" D guns in range
>>
>>51939545
Nothing to stop them selling the models or them being game legal, just the story will change and write him in and out and change nothing so it can be retconned like the 13th crusade was last time.
>>
>>51939591
Why would it matter if it's a recast? Shit is still expensive.
>>
>>51939591

I hate recastfags on /tg/ more than anyone, but why the fuck would a recast titan owner have any less of a right to use his model?
>>
>>51939624
I think you'll be fine. No one really takes Demolishers or Vindicators that often because people hate ordnance, they are just more common than demolition charges.
>>
>>51939640
You deepstrike them with an archon if you're using that strat.
>>
>>51939300
They confirmed in the streams that every teaser section in Gathering Storm is a sneak peak at future releases.

We are getting a Magnus-tier Fulgrim model at some point. Probably not until after Mortarion though.

There are also going to be more releases for Genestealer Cult of some sort. I'm guessing that will be the Tyranid "Triumvirate" since they'd be fucking retarded to release more special characters for Tyranids proper when 90% of the fanbase just wants swarmlord retconned out and deleted.
>>
>>51939535
i would send 10 d thristers. if all 10 get there that's 80 D attacks

>>51939610
where's his sword for when the orks or something gets in his face?
>>
>>51939651
>>51939655
Don't try to argue with that kind of moralfag.
>>
>>51938225
Get the fucking dogs anon
>>
>>51939655
>>51939651
There is a level of purity that should be maintained around such venerable relics of the Omnissiah
>>
>>51939132
Is this guy actually serious?
>>
>>51939688
Yes, stop giving him (you)s and he'll eventually fuck off
>>
File: BURN! BUURRRRNNN!.jpg (98KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
BURN! BUURRRRNNN!.jpg
98KB, 800x680px
>>51937590
>is it worth bringing dirge casters?

If you plan on using assault in any way during the game, the answer is always yes, especially against armies that normally have very powerful overwatch. Not being able to fire Overwatch can take a lot of bite of some units and makes them very susceptible to being tarpitted or routed in melee.

Also, it makes your Rhinos more dangerous, which means your opponent cannot ignore them. If they HAVE to divert units to dealing with your Rhinos, then that is less AT being fired at your more dangerous stuff like Vindicators/Defilers/Fiends, and sometimes just an extra turn of survival can make or break a game.

For personal reference, I always run on my Rhinos:

>Combi-Melta/Flamer
>Dirge Caster
>Destroyer Blades
>Dozer Blade (usually)
>Havoc Launcher

Yes, this is expensive, but it makes a Rhino go from "not even worth the time" to "oh shit I actually have to deal with this."

Also, remember that you're not using the Dirge Caster to cover the squad your Rhino disgorges, but to cover another nearby unit (i.e. using a Rhino to drop off Plasma Chosen into cover while then moving up to negate Overwatch against your twenty-man Cultist blob).
>>
>>51939075
3 Tau sups in 2015
You counting Burning Dawn as a supplement or something?
>>
>>51939662
They're probably going to give them a big LOW bug honestly.

More GSC would be really cool tho
>>
>>51939660
How does the archon confer deep strike again? Does he have to join the unit?

>>51939668
I don't give a shit about most recasts, but it's a fucking warlord. Go big or go home, don't get some cheap knockoff.
>>
>>51939737
He joins the unit in reserve and gives them deep strike.
>>
>>51937176
St Celestine came out earlier this year.
>>
>>51939688

Welcome to 40k general.
>>
>>51939179
Kroot and Vespid are as close as we get to actual assault units. Aun'shi, Farsight, and Generic Fusion Blade commander are about as choppy as we get, though.
I know tau players were maybe looking at the Ghostkeel as a potential assault unit for a bit.
>>
>>51939727

Kauyon
Montka
Farsight
>>
I am about to let a friend from my local paint my Blood Angels Command Squad and the accompanying Librarian. I like his work, but this is his first job for me. How much should I pay him to paint six models to tabletop quality? A good starting point that isn't too high or criminally low, but still a good deal for me to get me to want him to paint more if they turn out good. They are already built and primed. Six marines with Jump Packs if that matters.
>>
>>51939688
Hello, new friend.
Please also enjoy other sights such as laughing cheetah guy, melee race i2, and list builder consisting entirely of riptides.
>>
>>51939790
>assaulting with kroot

pls dont do this, outflank, infiltrate, snipe, bubblewrap, obj hold, or tarpit only
>>
>>51939713

Interesting. What if, uh, rhinos are the only vehicles you're bringing? My current 2k point setup is rapture batallion emperor's children list; primary detachment is a kakophoni with lucius (warlord), 6 squads of noise marines (six in each), four in rhinos; then a raptor talon with a lord with jump pack and three squads of raptors (six in each squad).
>>
>AdMech relics
>both 15 point relics almost impossible to use
>others are 25, 2x 30 and 35 points
>release 2 decent low point relics
>only available with Cawl or their new FOC

God dammit, I just want a decent relic to put on my secondary Dominus. If at least the 30+ relics were alright, but even those are pretty damn bad for their cost.
Technomartyr just sucks for its cost, considering it can only be used by units that already have 2+ armor and giving a pretty minir benefit most of the time.
The Autocaduceus is only really worth using if you run a Cohort Cybernetica or plan to stick a 135 point Dominus in dome Deathstar for whatever reason just to give them IWND.
And I don't even fucking know how on earth one is supposed to really put the Uncreator Gauntlet to good use.

I really hope they make the Cawl relics more accessible in the future. The improved Invuln is awesome, the changing fire modes are sweet, even the deathray has its uses. Hell, you can even get some good results with the charge relics by sticking them onto a Sicarian Princeps.
Yes, I'm aware that relics are meant to cost a lot of points and that every faction has a few good and a few bad ones but the only vanilla AdMech relics I could ever see myself put on a Dominus are the Auto-Caduceus and Scryerskull because none of the rest can be used effectively with a Dominus.
>>
>>51939809

What do you think his work is worth? Sounds like you are trying to lowball him to get "a good deal". Pay what it's worth. If you're truly his friend you won't want discounts because you are trying to support his work.
>>
>>51939610
Great paint job, I just with the guard models didn't look like downies.
>>
>>51939824
>paying for relics as AdMech
If you're actually doing this then you're not running WarConvo, so take the Grand Convocation or whatever the fuck it's called that gives you access to the relics without Cawl.
>>
>>51939535
You remind the opponent that 30k is a shit boring setting and he can keep his 30k models off your table.
>>
>>51939824
gotta be honest; most relics across the books are either expensive or terrible
>>
>>51939835
I want to get a fair deal. I want to see how it turns out so when I give him the Tactical Squad, the 25 Death Company Marines, the Contemptor, and the other odds and ends, I'll have a better idea of what this will cost me as a whole.
>>
>>51939869
>30k is boring
Get a load of this xeno.
>>
>>51939869
The Warlord is legal in 40k.
>>
>>51939132
MOM I POSTED IT AGAIN
>>
>>51939802
Farsight was the feb 2016 release.
If you think Farsight was in 2015, what is the 2016 supplement?
>>
File: 1463579252179.jpg (67KB, 400x392px) Image search: [Google]
1463579252179.jpg
67KB, 400x392px
>>51939878
>mfw the Eldar player asked to join in our 30k games because his wraithspam was losing him games in 40k
>>
>>51939869
warlord is for both 30k and 40k.
Moreover it's a fucking warlord, it gets on whatever table it damn well pleases to.
>>
>>51939878
>hot marine on marine action

>>51939132
damn you and your catchy song; now find me something for the eldar
>>
>>51939900
Farsight had two releases, a 6th ed supplement and a 7th rerelease that was basically a reprint of the Farsight rules in Mont'ka. Don't have the exact dates memorized but 2015 and 2016 sound about right.
>>
>>51939858
I'm not stooping so low as to field a War Convocation in a 1500 point meta where half the armies are Tyranids, Orks and Grey Knights.

And even if I did I'd just pick the Scryerskull for my one Dominus like I pretty much always do. With a WarConvo, the aspect of "second Dominus" wouldn't even be a thing.
>>
>>51939921
6th FSE was 2013.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170226-164835.jpg (393KB, 919x862px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170226-164835.jpg
393KB, 919x862px
Can't be eaten by the great devourer if you kill yourself
>>
File: 1363836731562.jpg (50KB, 360x353px) Image search: [Google]
1363836731562.jpg
50KB, 360x353px
>>51939958
Holy shit has it already been that long? Fuck I'm old.

>>51939964
Yes you can.
>>
File: image.jpg (228KB, 764x665px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
228KB, 764x665px
>>51939914
>mfw xenofag is jealous that marines get the superior system
>>
>>51939984
Don't tell them that they aren't supposed to know
>>
How do I deal with decurion necrons as orks?
>>
File: HotTyranidBooty.jpg (223KB, 450x1008px) Image search: [Google]
HotTyranidBooty.jpg
223KB, 450x1008px
>>51939984
>>
>>51939822
In that case, you're definitely going to want the Dirge Casters since your Raptors (should) be assaulting at some point. Ideal strategy I myself use all the time is:

>Raptor unit Deep Strikes onto table near target unit
>Move Rhino to within 6" of the Raptor unit, in a location to place itself between the target unit and the Raptors
>Shoot target unit with Raptor guns (flamers or meltas)
>If you wish to have the Raptors immediately engage the enemy, now unload your Combi-Melta/Flamer/Havoc Launcher at the target unit to soften them up more. In the Assault Phase, charge with your Raptors, with the Dirge Caster negating Overwatch
>If you want the Raptors to either retreat, stay alive to charge at full strength, or move on to a more viable target, place the Rhino between the two units by moving it Flat Out.

Just remember - Rhinos are not a tank. They are a harassment unit when not used as a transport, or are a bottleneck-blocking vehicle that exists for the purpose of blocking enemy units.
>>
looking for Zhanchui and CCON email. Please help.
>>
>>51940022
Nice try GW.
>>
>>51940022
The one time you'll ever hear this un-ironically.

>>/reddit/
>>
>>51939991
30k is legitimately boring desu
Also the local heresy fags are all holier than thou cunts
>>
File: 1371785559270.png (109KB, 317x317px) Image search: [Google]
1371785559270.png
109KB, 317x317px
>>51940041
>Can't even properly crossboard unironically ironically
>>
>>51940018

Yeah, the plan is for raptors to serve as my 'precision' anti-tank, each squad having two melts and a combi melta; the noise marine squads in rhinos are also kinda set up to be assualty, with a power fist in them and doom sirens, whereas the two not in rhinos have blastmasters.
>>
>>51940005
I love xeno babes, especially of the bug kind
>>
>>51939997
Load up on meganobz and get stuck in.
>>
>>51939997
>dealing with a strong army
>with __I2_
Just bring a few hundred points extra and pretend its some new formation that gives something for free.
>>
>>51940079
>orkz
>new formation
>M2.017
>>
>>51940079
>implying the opponents aren't going to notice an Ork formation that isn't shit
If you're going to cheat and lie bare-faced to your opponent you may as well just rig the points costs. Orks are so horrendously overpriced compared to other codices that no non-Ork player will notice anyway.
>>
>>51940102
Exactly.
You can just make up whatever and nobody would know that nothing ever came out because, lets be honest, who the hell knows anything about what orks can do outside Ork players
>>
File: Night Lords - 1650pts.jpg (187KB, 900x1106px) Image search: [Google]
Night Lords - 1650pts.jpg
187KB, 900x1106px
Fallen Night Lords - 1650
>>
>>51940126
>implying there are any none-fallen Night Lords
>Tzeenth Prince with no MLs
>he actually fell for the Dreadclaw meme
i r9 it 9/9
>>
>>51940126
Are you running the CAD as Night Lords?
>>
File: Oogabooga.jpg (37KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Oogabooga.jpg
37KB, 600x620px
What's the best way to run the Red Terror with a group of six Raveners, other than the obligatory "Don't use them". I usually put them in deepstrike with a Lictor to help them out, then kit them out with Rending Claws for that sweet extra attack and AP2 chance.
>>
File: Skitarii - 1000pts.jpg (136KB, 900x555px) Image search: [Google]
Skitarii - 1000pts.jpg
136KB, 900x555px
Is this list alright? Want to bring some amount of Kastelans and an Elimination Maniple seems like the best choice for that. Was alternatively thinking of using fewer Skitarii and instead adding Sicarians or Ironstriders/Dragoons.

The Arc Rifle in the Ranger squad is meant to go to the Vanguard, noticed the mistake after saving.
>>
That wiki is amazing. How has it not been taken down already?
>>
Anyone got tips on how to run Carcharadons? I'm in a league, and I'm pretty terrible at list building. Anyone wanna help me with a 1,500 pt list?
>>
>>51939790
My best combats with Tau have been
-Squad of breachers that killed a wounded Kharn (Kharn charged)
-Ghostkeel that won combat with reavers and made them run twice in one match (bikes charged)
-Broadside that tied marines up for two rounds, long enough to protect a more important unit (Broadside charged)
-Stealth Drone from a dead Ghostkeel that managed to kill a marine (Drone charged)

I've only tried to charge with kroot a couple of times, but it's always been a disaster. They definitely have better uses, yeah.
>>
>>51940148
Tzeenth tree is worth rolling on now?
>>
>>51940350
>he doesn't roll his Prince's powers on Biomancy
>>
>>51940262
Yea
>>
>>51940271
If you have the models run the subterranean swarm formation and stick the red terror in one of the ravener squads, normal people will shoot the big bugs first
>>
>>51940390
Yeah, I should have expanded that I do that as well. It's quite fun actually, if a bit expensive.
>>
>>51940357
I think you mean ectomancy Rolling for powers is a crapshoot
>>
>>51940457
It's the only way to keep it alive honestly
And yeah it's pretty fun
>>
>>51939665
>where's his sword for when the orks or something gets in his face?
haha, hes artillery, -- hes supposed to be at the back of the table giving orders! but I suppose he just swings his binoculars
>>
Whats this shit I keep hearing about the Emperor dying and turning into a chaos god, and Gulliman taking the throne?
>>
>>51940476
>His master-crafted binoculars
>S3 AP- 4 swings
>His bodyguard's chainsword
>S3 AP- 2 swings
>>
File: Night Lords - 1650pts (1).jpg (187KB, 900x1106px) Image search: [Google]
Night Lords - 1650pts (1).jpg
187KB, 900x1106px
>>51940262
>>51940148

Ok what about post tweaks?
>>
File: 1373736753017.png (714KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1373736753017.png
714KB, 1024x768px
>>51940577
>>51940577
>>51940577
>>
>>51940536
>>51940536
Much better. Night Lords is definitely the worst legion, but this list isn't.. 100% terrible?

I've run the NL Raptor Talon a few times. Without any way to manipulate reserves, your Raptors and Lord may have difficulty getting onto the board. Also: scatter is a bitch on the talon.

Don't treat the raptor squad as anything other than ablative wounds for the lord. I like the Stormbolt Plate over Vox Daemonicus. You're already lowering leadership. 90% of armies ignore leadership anyway.
>>
>>51939132
If you are actually the man in question and not just a copypasta, could you answer me a question?

What is it about Night Lords that attracts the most autistic people in the entire game?
>>
File: df1.png (111KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
df1.png
111KB, 292x257px
>>51939655
>hate recastfags
>implying a sense of morality
>>
>>51940102
I thought the modern era was M3 (with 1 AD being M1)
>>
>>51940536
I'd run 2x3 Bikers over 1x8. You don't have a character to escort, and it gives you twice as many specials.
>>
>>51940745
You're correct, but I think he's just memeing and doesn't care about accuracy to the time system.
>>
>>51940723

You can hate recastfags without hating recasts. I also hate stupid ass retards like you because you self-righteously shit up the board with your own retardation without even being aware of it.
>>
File: 1488024094761.jpg (158KB, 746x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1488024094761.jpg
158KB, 746x1000px
Tempted to get a Primus Redoubt.

Are they worth it?
>>
>>51941122
ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE POUNDS

For some fucking terrain. Jesus Christ man, make it yourself and spend that money on more plastic crack.
>>
>>51939914
Hmm I am not conversant enough with Eldar to find their theme sorry.

>>51940696
Probably that they are one of the most original factions, they don't win everything. They don't have a purpose. They are hated by their Primarch. (Are, not were).
There is a lot of complex emotions in the Night Lords
>>
>>51941122

As a fortification choice in your main army? No.

As a terrain piece? Yes.

As a piece of kit to have around for various uses? Yes.

As a hobby piece? Yes if you like GW's plastic 40k building style.

Young Ana is boner-rific
>>
>>51937271
>Eldar
>Enourmous Gay Orgy 3
Thread posts: 342
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.