[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gonna run Cyberpunk 2020, got any advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: coverpic.jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
coverpic.jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
My players are investigators, much like those in Ghost in the Shell only less powerful and less cyborg. Majoroty of the gameplay is going to be them solving crimes and pulling strings for info. I am going to use 70 Points for the attributes and 40 for professional skills. Now what I don't know is how much money should I give the, considering they are cool and all.
>>
70 points is a hell of a lot, especially if you're trying to make them have to pull strings. I'd recommend 65 at most - I'm currently playing in a gutterpunk 55 point chargen and it definitely feels more rewarding to me as a player.

As far as cash is concerned, if you want them to be marginally outfitted at start give them double what the book starts them as. Still rolling for unemployment, etc - but it'd give them a little more of a boost at start.
>>
anyone got a pdf of it?
>>
http://www.mediafire.com/file/r5zp80d36y89qs5/Cyberpunk_2020_-_Rulebook%2C_2nd_Ed.pdf

Bookmarked and ready to go. I can probably provide any other sourcebooks as needed.
>>
Weapon damage and armor in Cyberpunk are a bit fucked. Skinweave paired with modest armor makes you virtually immune to most weapons, while those same weapons will absolutely shred somebody without armor. Arguments based on real-life ballistics aside, it doesn't make for a very fun game. Anyway, the pic here tries to reduce armor while narrowing the range of weapon damage, so that light weapons aren't all but useless and heavy weapons aren't overwhelmingly powerful.
>>
>>51937076
While I admire the intent, this is pretty fucking autismal.
>>
>>51939272
RPGs are made out of autism. There's no sense half-assing it.
>>
>>51934343
Bump
>>
Can someone give me a summary of the main differences between Shadowrun and 2020? I take that the latter lacks the fantasy/magic aspect and is more grounded on reality. But what about gameplay differences? Which of the two would you say is easier to learn/teach to new players?
>>
File: 1051_5.jpg (211KB, 728x409px) Image search: [Google]
1051_5.jpg
211KB, 728x409px
>>51934343
I wouldn't give them a ton of cash. Give them somewhere from 5'000 to 10'000 eurobucks to buy cyberware and gear. What is not used is lost. Then, give them a rather marginal salary as most things are paid by their employer (housing, healthcare, cyberware check-up & service, ammunition...).
>>
>>51943867
Cyberpunk 2020 is much lighter than Shadowrun 5th edition.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.