[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Song of Swords: McDojo edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 341
Thread images: 80

File: 1488188206810.jpg (64KB, 350x235px) Image search: [Google]
1488188206810.jpg
64KB, 350x235px
Last time on Song of Swords:
Shilling and more shilling
Khopeshfag with urumi cuts gorilla elf with a huge sword in chunks
Can Gunther Alder stop the hoboest of the hobos?
Gr/a/ndpa teachs martial secrets to underage posters
Horror stories from California
The KS link & Opaque's website
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2006613790/song-of-swords-tabletop-roleplaying-game
http://www.songofswords.net/

Song of Swords is a a tabletop RPG centered around realistic medieval fightan' with a ludicrous variety of weapons and fighting styles, centered around a dice pool system. It's currently in beta, and can be used for both fantasy and historical games. Kickstarter is happening NOW we are kicking ass baby!

Call of the Void: Ballad of the Laser Whales is a pulpy sci-fi tabletop RPG about fighting space-nazis and hunting giant whales with harpoons made out of the moon. Its combat system is more modern, based in the early 20th century, but can probably handle combat up to the present day.

MEGA folder containing current version of the game and all supplementary materials.
Note that the latest version of the game is v1.9.9 but with additional supplements. It's NOT what's currently on Opaque's website, because Jimmy is Jimmy.
https://mega.nz/#F!S89jTT7J!ozFi9GvzaFGHfBa59Ik2-Q

Here's a wiki detailing SoS's fantasy setting, getting filled up bit by bit as Jimmy reveals more details:
http://tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Tattered_Realms_Wiki

We also have a Discord now, at https://discord.gg/zzTq7Xw
And a Rediit: https://www.reddit.com/r/SongofSwordsRPG/

There's also a roll20 room where new players are encouraged to try the rules, test new rules, and find game breaking issues: https://app.roll20.net/join/346755/hRKd4w
If you're looking to learn, post here in the thread. We also play Guy Windsor's card game Audatia in the room.

The Legend can't find its car in the parking lot.
>>
Previous thread >>51898333
>>
I want to be in a Banner Saga campaign

We can stat dredge by giving them ablative armor
>>
File: 1480704025840.jpg (58KB, 573x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1480704025840.jpg
58KB, 573x1024px
Reminder that Burdinadin can fuck off back to their Glades to live as homeless people there rather than invading our land.

The People's Champ, Khopeshfag.
>>
>>51928829
Khopesh neither bend or break
It already broken
>>
>>51928871
BEND THE BLADE
BREAK THE LEG
>>
>>51928995
I can't wait for this to meme build to win the tournament and then become a real character.

How will Jimmy deal with having to write the story of Moses where he fails, and the jews just stay slaves
>>
So how fun is the combat?
>>
>>51929069
Terrifically fun. It scratches an itch I never knew I had.
>>
>>51929112
Dickstabbings are being had.
>>
>>51929069
Pretty fun.

I'm in bed on my phone or I'd do some fights with you in the roll20.

Combat can be as quick as a simple chop or as complex and technical as pushing the tip of your blade into an armored joint while levering against their sword tip to keep it from pressing into your neck.

With the exception of one or two logic hiccups here or there the combat almost writes itself for you and most of it can be recreated in an actual fight.
>>
>>51929069
Combat is very easy to learn btw.
>>
File: snow elf.jpg (69KB, 379x746px) Image search: [Google]
snow elf.jpg
69KB, 379x746px
>>
Guys how does hilt push work? If I hilt push and opponent who who is doing a simultaneous Parry/Attack, what happens? Does his attack get cancelled because it's no longer legal, and in that case what happens to his dice?
>>
>>51929069
Just don't fall prone ;)
>>
>>51929752
To clarify, I have initiative and he successfully parries my attack. He's also declared an attack, but it hasn't resolved yet.
>>
File: brownqt.gif (884KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
brownqt.gif
884KB, 500x341px
I'm curious, does anyone else homebrew SoS to use for their setting? One of the main reasons I went with SoS is that the mechanics fit the feel I wanted to give for my setting pretty well, and I felt confident with creating playable races through it too
>>
>>51929895
If an attack is cancelled half the dice return to their pool
>>
>>51930952
Alright, good. I guess now the question is just if a Hilt Push actually does cancel an attack.
>>
>>51928811
I'm not sure how well a "viking" campaign would work. Let's see...

Armor-wise you'd be reduced to mail and plate helmets, generally speaking, with shields being super mandatory for your continued survival.

Weapon wise:

Swords would be hemmed down to the old arming sword type, maybe falchions to represent large seaxes.

Hand axes, battleaxes and dane axes would be the meat of the axe section.

Arming Spears, Spears, Half-Pikes, possibly some sort of glaive round out spears/polearms.

So you'd be pretty limited in terms of weapons and armor, but I guess that's sort of the point. Feels like a very "pure" experience with not a lot of crazy shit.
>>
Since this is McDojo edition i figured I'd share the technique i show cased verse Khopeshfag since only about 15 people saw and jimmy wasnt one. So if you read the TZM section youll notice they count as extra dice and intiative AND these are cumalative when you feint. Normally this just means you have a big activation cost to feint to their juicy unarmored foot. But what if you instead feinted from a bonus to a bonus? There are only two of those strike:lower arm and thrust:chest. If you do both of these you pick up 2 dice and 2 initiative. If you go strike to thrust you pick up 3. Of course you absolutely dont want to do this if you cant hurt them badly on a 2 bs hit or so.
Alternatively if you have good form feint you can go from hands to a +0 Tmz and its like you got a free feint off while they still had to pay the 2 dice.
Its a good way to give yourself an advantage in a Red/Red or steal iniative sitatuion but will not help you if your opponent has the devil's own luck.

Notably if you combine this with tall1, bloodthirsty, and swift sword you can generate + 7 dice
>>
>>51930843
I've shoved bits and pieces of the melee combat system and injury system into my homebrew. It works to an extent, although it doesn't really look like SoS considering my players are around level 40 for D&D equivalent. Still works pretty well, makes the game for fighters less of a "whack guy with sword oops he has 1 HP left and retcons you from existence".
>>
>>51931548
>forgetting javelins
Norsemen used javelins prolifically.
>>
>>51931902
You're right of course. Javelins and other missile weapons. Longbows, maybe those goofy throwing axes?
>>
>>51931920
Since when did norsemen use throwing axes? Weren't those purely frankish? And, separately, African and native American?
>>
>>51931986
I can't speak for the other two but the native Americans (at least the ones where I live) didn't really develop axes and tomahawks until the French brought boarding axes ashore. Prior to that they were mostly all about spears and clubs. The stone axes were actually an imitation of the steel axes the French brought, because they couldn't all trade for a real one.

The French also introduced them to blowjobs, scalping, and drinking with every meal. Wew lad.
>>
>>51932133
>blowjobs
I find it hard to believe that this didn't arise independently in pretty much every human civilization.
>>
>>51931986
I know the Francisca was a stereotypically Frankish weapon, but I think throwing axes were fairly widespread.
>>
>>51932489
Huh. Did you have any sources on that? I haven't heard about it before in other contexts.
>>
>>51931986
The Norse never used franciscas and even the Franks had abandoned them centuries before the first Viking raids began.

I could witter on all day about the subtle variations in Viking-era swords, but from a game mechanics point of view the range of distinct equipment choices is rather slim.

That said, it would be nice to see seaxes and langseaxes added to the wargear lists. I've often thought a neat add-on for SoS would be equipment packs focusing on a given date/culture, covering what wargear was available and adding any new options not in the main book.

If you like the idea Jimmy I can provide data/sources for western/northern europe 6-13thC.
>>
>>51932561
>That said, it would be nice to see seaxes and langseaxes added to the wargear lists. I've often thought a neat add-on for SoS would be equipment packs focusing on a given date/culture, covering what wargear was available and adding any new options not in the main book.

That's been a planned thing almost since the beginning, actually. Japan and China get brought up a lot for it too.
>>
>>51930843
Homebrewing SoS for the Dominions 4 setting is on my list of projects I might do some day but probably won't get around to.
>>
>>51931920
throwing clubs?
>>
>>51933402
They should also probably come up with some organizational categories for the weapons that are already there. It seems that just have a huge list causes choice paralysis in the casual backer.
>>
>>51930843
I use my own settings, but with SoS mechanics.
>>
>>51933402
>That's been a planned thing almost since the beginning

Grand, forgive my defective memory though it is a shame the concept didn't make the kickstarter.

Pre-Columbian America/ Native Americans would be another cool one. Macuahuitls, stone clubs/spears/arrowheads, lassos, Tlinglit wood armour and the like.
>>
Damn it Jimmy, why aren't you shilling?
>>
>>51934352
I have a welding thing today, I'll relaunch when I get home.

HOWEVER
We are also holding a general Q&A on Plebbit on Wednesday, it looks like, so if you have any juicy lore questions or other things you want to force me to answer, you'll have your opportunity to do it and have it preserved for posterity.
>>
File: 1440843949097.jpg (181KB, 1806x256px) Image search: [Google]
1440843949097.jpg
181KB, 1806x256px
WEW
>>
>>51930843
I'm trying to brew Mass Effect with ballad and sos.
>>
File: file.png (34KB, 1105x731px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
34KB, 1105x731px
>>51934593
Make sure to shill hard. If you actually get some coverage toward the end that would be nice, but as it is, it looks like all those stretch ideas Bones asked us for won't be happening.
>>
File: file.png (81KB, 940x500px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
81KB, 940x500px
>>51934593
>>51936048
The Kicktraq projection is more optimistic, but I'm not sure how trustworthy it is. The lower bound seems feasible, but I wouldn't expect to get anywhere near the upper bound without some serious media coverage. Kicktraq, after all, doesn't know that this is a community where the core fanbase was pre-existing and active enough that many/most donated quite quickly, so is probably expecting a more substantial rise towards the end than I am.
>>
>>51935599

>flat and fertile

u-unf.
>>
So I'm thinking of a campaign set in Dace where the players are members of the various mercenary companies, at the part of the timeline where each company is claiming city-states and territories, and they have the opportunity to diplomance and fight their way across the country, and maybe eventually side with Gizka when she comes in to kill everyone.

Good idea y/n.
>>
>>51937721

n
>>
Remaining tournament fighters, please call roll in the thread when you are around and able to do battle.
>>
The $150 art commission add-on is gone! At least it saves me from making a regrettable life decision.
>>
>>51937721
If I ever see Gizka in a campaign I am going to immediately kill her just to suck in the sweet Jimmy/waifufag tears
>>
>>51937976
Gunther here, around for the next 3 hours, after 5PST tomorrow, all day wednesday.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>51939788
>>51939803
>>51939935

what
>>
File: Round 3-2.png (1MB, 840x737px) Image search: [Google]
Round 3-2.png
1MB, 840x737px
Our last semifinals match is underway! The winner makes it to the finals!

>#6 Gunther Alder vs #11 Lorea Mendoza
>>
File: anime_girl_reaction_face (163).jpg (113KB, 397x600px) Image search: [Google]
anime_girl_reaction_face (163).jpg
113KB, 397x600px
As a heads-up, regardless of how this tourney turns out, I'm planning on running a follow-up tournament with a blanket ban of hobos, and fixes of obvious rule holes (BURD ARMOR EFFECTING TOU). Hopefully people will turn up for more fechting fun, and hopefully it'll turn out less stressful and salty than Hobofest 2017.
>>
>>51940341
>obvious rule holes (BURD ARMOR EFFECTING TOU)
What's this?
>>
>>51938337
>>
>>51940341
Sweet, I'm in.
>>
>>51938075
Don't worry, there are still the $300 iconic character ones.
>>
>>51940449
Burd armor can be enhanced at """significant""" gold cost to boost STR or END.
Not specific factors thereof, but the base attribute. This boosts the derived attributes as well, as a consequence.
>>
>>51940556
Well yes, how is that a rules hole? Seems to be working as intended
>>
>>51940260
And Burd is not today's word, it seems.
Lorea's body only briefly slows as she hits the water, heavy armor soon dragging her down to the sea floor. Food for the crabs.
>>
File: Round 3-2a.png (45KB, 489x370px) Image search: [Google]
Round 3-2a.png
45KB, 489x370px
>>51940260
This battle is over!
>#6 Gunther Alder vs #11 Lorea Mendoza
Victor: Gunther Alder!
Method of Victory: A level five pollaxe spike directly into the brain.

We have our three finalists!
>>
>>51940612
I don't find it personally to be a hole, just very powerful.
Not that TOU or AV has matters much at 26 PCP.
>>
File: Sark.jpg (56KB, 929x655px) Image search: [Google]
Sark.jpg
56KB, 929x655px
I still don't get what this guy's fucking problem is. Everything seems to come back to him being mad about humans enroaching on Zell property and culture, but everything we've actually seen suggests that Zells are the ones who invade human territory and pirate their stuff. Is it really just that he's a massive racist or is there more to it that I'm missing?
>>
>>51940672
Literally Zell Hitler.
>>
File: at a loss.png (52KB, 346x360px) Image search: [Google]
at a loss.png
52KB, 346x360px
>>51940652
>three finalists
>>
>>51940689
Enough duels! Time for a mélee!
>>
>>51940689
From the roll20: "The three finalists will each fight each other 1v1. If someone wins 2-0 and they're the only one, they win. If one fighter goes 0-2, they're out, and the remaining two fight a final 1v1. If the result is all three fighters get 1-1, then we'll go to Helian Sudden Death."
>>51940727
Sorry, this still isn't technically a tourney.
>>
>>51940672
It's a mix of things, because he used to work for the humans in the Krajina and basically they treated him and the other Zells like weapons. Then they broke free, and now he wants revenge. I think it's less that he hates humans in particular and more that he's angry and insecure about being the creature of a human power. He desires control over other people because he fears being controlled.
>>
File: Round 4.png (2MB, 938x848px) Image search: [Google]
Round 4.png
2MB, 938x848px
>>51940689
Were you not paying attention the last three days? Gunther Alder and 19 are our finalists from the original roster. Zabaz is our finalist from the latecomer roster!

The three finalists will each fight each other 1v1. If someone wins 2-0 (or more matches than the others), they win the tournament! If a fighter goes 0-2, they're out, and the remaining two fight a final 1v1. If the result is all three fighters get 1-1, then we'll settle it once and for all in a Helian Sudden Death match. The winner of that match will win the tournament.

For the purposes of this final round robin, a simultaneous double kill counts as a loss for both fighters! Beware of throwing red!

Our three finalists are:
>#6 Gunther Alder
>#5 Gandicze, Subject 19
>#19 Zabaz - Izagoni “Duelling-Priest”
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (144KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
144KB, 1280x720px
Now that Burd vs Burd has been removed from the timeline who are you personally routing for in the Tournament?

I think Gunther is the most likely winner, while I'd be pleasantly surprised to see Zabaz knock everyone over

I guess now that we know Trains can bleed maybe 19 is the underdog now?
>>
>>51940672
The entire ocean is zell property. Humans building boats is encroachment. The violence against zells in certain regions is intense.
Zellish religion, zellish customs, zellislava are all culture. The zells that breed into ports and naturalize are lost. The elvish blood may breed stronger, but the mind becomes lost. Some zellish populations worship Genosus - the sun! Not the dragons that bore them into this world.

etc.
>>
>>51940901
>I guess now that we know Trains can bleed
My money's on Zabaz. He fought and defeated Lorea in a non-canon fecht. With a khopesh!
>>
>>51940932
But he's not fighting Lorea. I like 19, oddly enough. I used to have a slightly autistic love for trains, maybe that's flaring up again?
>>
>>51940967
19 ain't shit compared to the khopesh. Cheer Zabaz! Khopesh deserves the lore spot. Think about the options here
>random hobo with a polaxe
>random burd hobo with a polaxe
>khopeshfag himself
Khopesh is the only one that could even be considered an actual character
>>
>>51940672
He saw the Dutch reclaiming land from the sea and that was the final straw.
>>
>>51941008
I think 19's player said he had a different character that would actually get the lore spot if he won. A rogue Burdinadin trying to found his own little enclave in the middle of the Dacian salt flats, I think? Could be wrong.
>>
I did not intend to cause such vitriol and furor.
19 fights not for himself but an idea. I put more on the page than stats. I built to win, yes, but, well, I suppose that's it, isn't it?

Forgive me.
>>
>>51940341
please gods yes
>>
File: 1474741118211.jpg (237KB, 598x792px) Image search: [Google]
1474741118211.jpg
237KB, 598x792px
>>51941096
>I did not intend to cause such vitriol and furor.
>I built to win,
>>
File: 600640_1_l.jpg (240KB, 1536x778px) Image search: [Google]
600640_1_l.jpg
240KB, 1536x778px
>>51941096
>Forgive me.
No.
>>
>>51941096
Again we come back to this.
>let's have a tourney to put a character in the book! It'll be fun!
>better build a bunch of minmaxed murderhobos explicitly to win

You fucking people.
>>
File: emperor2.jpg (123KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
emperor2.jpg
123KB, 1366x768px
>>51941096
Give them Hell 19
>>
>>51941378
To be fair all of Jimmy's NPCs are average fat people that sit around sipping Harjubucks coffee all day and they have 10's in half their stats
>>
File: gay swords.jpg (127KB, 500x889px) Image search: [Google]
gay swords.jpg
127KB, 500x889px
>>51941402
That's because Jimmy spends too much time fucking little greek boys to know how his own game is supposed to work.
>>
>>51940882
>STR 8
>STR 10
>STR 8
Whoever wins, Vosca loses.
>>
>>51941378
Game theory.
If no one powergames, we all have fun.
If everyone powergames, less fun is had and tears are shed but it shows the gaps and exploits in the rules.

If anyone but you powergames, you are almost guaranteed to lose and can't get into canon.
>>
>>51940341
Oh, cool! Didn't have time to get a character ready for the last one, but I'll make sure to have one ready this time.
>>
>>51941096
There is a difference between making a character to win and murderhoboing to make an incredibly unfun character for maximum advantage.
>>
>>51940612
Burds enter a feedback loop of being essentially invulnerable.
>>
>>51941948
a min-maxed burd in super armor, sure
a human with the same stats in bulletproof armor is only slightly weaker
>>
>>51942027

A human can get more CP, so he's arguably stronger.
>>
>>51942130
then there's no feedback loop of being essentially invulnerable
only for min-maxed murderhobos is this a problem
>>
I don't think you know what the words feedback loop mean.
>>
>>51942188
Yeah, that was the wrong term. However, it's fucking stupid that your skin grows harder because your suit has motors in the joints.
>>
>>51942925
Spoken like a man who has never worn a suit with motorized joints.
>>
>>51931791
This is a pretty big and important thing.
>>
File: 1473628781922.png (894KB, 624x960px) Image search: [Google]
1473628781922.png
894KB, 624x960px
>>51932537
I guess not. Hmm.
>>
>>51943202
spoken like a man who was never sodomized by lepers in an azerbaijani prison
>>
>>51931791
WEW
Serious oversight there.
>>
>>51941585
Zabaz only has 6 STR.
>>
>>51943630
Jimmy's got a good taste.
>>
>>51944133
>Violent slav musclegirls
Patrician.
>>
>>51944133
>>51944161
Thank you kindly.

So as many of you may know, we've opened up some new tiers on the KS. The important thing is that since we have an Adventure in the pipeline now, we need characters to make up the premade team.

So "iconic" characters in the sense of default premade characters are sort of an issue in regards to tabletop games in general. Pathfinder had Best Girl Amiri, Seoni, Merisiel, Valeros, etc. D&D 3.X had that halfling Liddia, Krusk the bro-orc, Jozan the priest who had to be evil because he cast symbol of pain in an example and de-facto proved that Pelor is actually Andrew Anglin, that wizard-elf who no artist could draw well, and some other people who nobody remembers because they weren't interesting.

Our challenge, which we are asking you to help with, is creating a cast of characters to use in campaigns who are versatile, charismatic and visualy compelling enough to make work across multiple campaigns. Instead of the traditional way of having a set 4, we want six, three of each sex, so that players who don't have time to go through chargen can just pick someone who looks cool and play.

This tier is very important. While Visionary Noble gives you a hand in the lore of our game (a good and noble contribution. Many of you have already had swell ideas) Iconic Noble provides an extra challenge. You're not just going to work with me to build a character in the lore, you're going to prepare a character that other people will want to PLAY.

So think about that, lads. It's quite a challenge. We haven't made much of a splash of it yet because we haven't decided upon the exact flavor of the adventure we're going to make, but consider that tier if you think you're an absolute madman. I know many of you wanted Visionary Noble+, but we just can't open any more of those. Consider Iconic Noble. Consider being the hero SoS needs. Consider crashing this adventure with no survivors with your Bizarre Gimmick kukri.

Also army deck polls. Wew lad.
>>
>>51944337
Jimmy if a friend and I go half-ers on an Iconic what's our character count for the name section in the backer section? Will we have to grab another pledge to make two names?
>>
>>51940341
Please make sure to put out clear rules with examples to make sure everyone gets it.
>>
>>51944381
I have no idea, but I imagine putting "X & Y" as a name wouldn't be a problem. I'll be sure to mention it to Bones, he's sort of the KS expert.
>>
>>51940021
He found the AI coloring website.
>>
>>51944337
>Pay Jimmy money to work for him

How peculiar
>>
>>51944709

I would argue it's better than the usual "put your self-insert/waifu/oc donut steel" into the game because you're working within the constraints of the setting, and trying to come up with something that's actually appropriate.
>>
How do you determine which leg or arm is front for TZM? Do you just ask every time?
>>
>>51945150
Presumably it's the weapon arm.
>>
>>51945150
Player should determine it upon entering a Bout.

Especially if they have asymmetrical armor.

>>51945174
Typically the forward arm is the Shield Arm, and the Weapon Arm is the one in the back
>>
>>51945174
But that's not true for a lot of fighting systems.
>>
File: 1485100902112.jpg (155KB, 575x800px) Image search: [Google]
1485100902112.jpg
155KB, 575x800px
>>51944734
>I would argue it's better than the usual "put your self-insert/waifu/oc donut steel" into the game
I thought visionary noble was actually within the constraints of the setting. I somehow severely doubt I'd be allowed to put in a D&D 3.5e Epic Wizard girl who's immune to all physical damage.
>>
File: KING.png (57KB, 400x314px) Image search: [Google]
KING.png
57KB, 400x314px
Themesong time:

>King
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26zZk_33Dek

Put your suggestions of a theme in the form of

>Name
link to the song
>>
>>51945359
That's a lot of Asian beef you've got here.
>>
Hey Haki any idea on the restrictions for the less maximum overhobo fecht

like, you can only spend max pcp in one category or something? Cap on social class so everybody doesn't have 100gp?
>>
>>51946583
>Cap on social class so everybody doesn't have 100gp?
Outside banned burdinadin goodies what are going to spend 100gp on in a fecht? Horses, guns and servants are out of question.
>>
>>51946640
full bulletproof plate mostly
burdinadin armor although if that's straight banned that's a solution
burdinadin prosthetics but again I guess that could be covered with a specific ban
>>
>>51944381
>>51944442
Should be fine. There's no hard character limit as of yet, but after the KS is done we'll message everyone and see what names they wanted.
As long as we don't have a bunch of quotes, or full sentences, there likely won't be a problem.
>>
>>51946640
Lots of really fancy hats.
>>
Do you declare a maneuver with Steal Init, or after? My cuck Gm insists with, but nothing in the wording supports that
>>
>>51947338

I expect all my titles and honors to be included
>>
So, zells can drink sea water for no apparent reason. Why? Because Jimmy thought they'd need it to live at sea? I know he's Californian, but did he seriously forget about rain?
>>
>>51947564
Zell are deep water fish.
>>
>>51944337
>we want six, three of each sex
Seems unrealistic to me, both in terms of actual combatants and in terms of what kind of players we're likely to get. Why not have four male and two female? Or, if you don't want to be biased, it should have been two male, two female, and two "backer chooses" types.
>>
>>51947623
Maybe just deal with it?
>>
>>51947713
Thanks for your thoughtful feedback, senpai.
>>
>>51947623
If you were being realistic it'd be 6 males, but that's no fun.
>>
>>51947859
In non-professional contexts (revolutions, for example) women often make up as much as a third of the force. That's sort of the high end of female involvement, but having more than the one token woman is also a good idea for feminist reasons.
>>
File: 1477027402233.png (193KB, 344x398px) Image search: [Google]
1477027402233.png
193KB, 344x398px
>>51947911
>for feminist reasons
But who the fuck cares about feminist reasons, is that why we're putting in female characters?
I think it's a good idea for flavor in general, especially since swapping genders is often the easiest shit ever even for premades unless you put in selling your ass to soldiers and getting knocked up in the process or getting jilted because your to-be husband died while raiding not!Frisia or are part of the noblity or something as part of your backstory, most other backstories are swappable with minimal work. I mean unless I am GROSSLY mistaken, there are no stat differences for male or female.
>>
>>51948020
>is that why we're putting in female characters?
Well, presumably, yeah.
>>
File: 1472133012958.png (825KB, 800x651px) Image search: [Google]
1472133012958.png
825KB, 800x651px
>>51948043
Sounds stupid as fuck.
Jimmy if you're reading this, then don't add female characters for feminist reasons. I'm fine with the normal 3/3 distribution simply because these are just quickies for players and having an even split seems fair enough, but don't stuff in too many female lore characters IF you're not going for that angle.
>>
>>51948089
I wonder what middle aged Southern black women would say about that
>>
Y'know, it seems to me that Khopeshfag would be better as an iconic than a visionary noble.
>>
>>51948178
I wonder if they are our target demographic.

>>51948199
He probably would be but is he willing to pay, that is the question.
>>
File: boner out of control.png (189KB, 649x335px) Image search: [Google]
boner out of control.png
189KB, 649x335px
>>51947911
>for feminist reasons.
No, brother!
for FETISH reasons!
>>
>>51948248
They were in 2013 when the project started
>>
>>51948248
>but is he willing to pay
More a case of able than willing.
>>
File: 1465520786609.png (633KB, 978x605px) Image search: [Google]
1465520786609.png
633KB, 978x605px
>>51948260
This

>>51948314
>being poor
O I am laffin

>>51948290
Middle aged southern black women are too busy screeching to actually play games.
>>
>>51948348
Wow, that sounded a bit racist there senpai
>>
>>51948374
Yes and?
>>
>>51948314
You should learn from the Jews you are so willing to oppress, pharaoh
>>
>>51948395
Considering statistically we're all southern middle aged black women, you should cool it on the Self Hatred, sister.
>>
>>51948472
Any-community-that-gets-its-laughs-by-pretending-to-be-retarded-will-eventually-be-flooded-by-actual-retards-believing-themselves-to-be-in-good-company.png
>>
>>51947564
I mean the reason is pretty apparent, they're ocean-going fish people. Of course they can drink salt water.
>>
>>51948020
wew lad it's fantasy. Besides more girl characters means a higher percentage chance of zellgirl waifus.
>>
>>51948498
Preach, girl.
>>
>>51948816
>zellgirl waifus
How many female Zell characters do we know btw? Dahaka and her family, Drozaiko's wife, that girl from his crew in the swamps who probably was something else completely, half-Zell from CotV. Who else?
>>
>>51948874
The leader of the branded zells who eat people up in Scandinavia is a lady I think.
>>
File: 1463092623649.jpg (399KB, 800x1095px) Image search: [Google]
1463092623649.jpg
399KB, 800x1095px
>>51948816
>Besides more girl characters means a higher percentage chance of zellgirl waifus
Exactly, that's my point. More waifus is fine but feminist "reasoning" is retarded.
>>
>>51948909
I think it was Dahaka's mother
>>
>>51945359

>The Worm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBfTk6Unddk
>>
>not wanting a bunch of different kinds of characters because "hurdddurd but de feminists are evil"
Sometimes I wonder how much under 18 the average user is.
>>
>>51949200
>I can't fucking read
>>
File: 1487691910943.jpg (476KB, 1000x1355px) Image search: [Google]
1487691910943.jpg
476KB, 1000x1355px
>>51948970
WEW
Jesus guys. You know that's not how I do things at all. I understand a lot of people have anxiety about the PC police coming and fucking up the stuff they like, but A: I do not and have never cared what pearlclutching normies think, and B: I think we've actually stumbled through most of the diversity tickboxes without trying to (hail Sithis) meaning we wouldn't be under fire even if I did care.

So please. This is not like a political thing. We just like symmetry in pledge tiers.
>>
File: 1466001283039.jpg (547KB, 1206x1320px) Image search: [Google]
1466001283039.jpg
547KB, 1206x1320px
>>51949452
And I'm all for that though.
>>
>>51949503
That's a pretty good anime girl friend, do you mind if I save it?
>>
File: 1458099704327.jpg (279KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1458099704327.jpg
279KB, 700x700px
>>51949564
>anime
>>
>>51947564
What's your problem with a fantasy race having a fantastic ability?
>>
File: th.jpg (106KB, 1920x1048px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
106KB, 1920x1048px
>>
File: 1467953336878.jpg (148KB, 709x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1467953336878.jpg
148KB, 709x1000px
>>51950284
touhou is based
>>
The promise to use the characters frequently seems to make the iconics into a fairly effective way to influence the game's future development. If you make a character good at something, then the adventure modules where they're supposed to function will have to include that thing so they gave something to do. Activities that show up in adventure modules all the time will need rules support.

Gonna pledge for it and make a swashbucklin' pirate. Put an exclamation point behind my "naval rules when?" har.
>>
>>51950887
You're being tricked. They already got the funds for the adventure module. You're giving them more money to do what they said they'd already do.
>>
File: tumblr_ok2bvsuayL1toq06xo1_540.jpg (41KB, 540x303px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ok2bvsuayL1toq06xo1_540.jpg
41KB, 540x303px
>>51948874
>>51948909
That's pretty exhaustive actually. Not too many Zellgirls named.

-Dahaka the Black, angry sorta-zell queen of Krajina, her ancestors were actual Zells

-Shahaka Andresilja, Chieftain of the Branded Zells (they call themselves the Hungry Ice Tribe)

-Tamara, Drosaico's wife, also one of the daughters of Old Radovan

-Mladenka, who is like an 8th generation Zell-human hybrid. Sark didn't want to kick her out for being too diluted, so instead he keeps giving her extremely dangerous endurance missions.

-Nyashka Enginsdottir, A Demi-Zell who won a Krigskrossen for fighting against Chiron, and then the Iron Eye fighting for them. Now a member of Red River LLC.

Insufficient numbers.

>>51950926
Well yeah, but more money means we can afford to do more with the adventure. Everything costs money, maps, illustrations, covers. We have enough for the basics, but this seemed like a good way to make the book better and to give people another place to make their mark.
>>
>>51950926

Actually, I'm paying more money for the privilege of doing some of the work they already said they'd do myself.

If you're gonna be a naysayer, get all of it, damnit!
>>
>>51948260
What if feminism is my fetish?
>>
>>51948803
Sea turtles are ocean-going fish turtles and they drink fresh water from the rain. Why would humanoids be different?
>>
>>51950887
If I had the money I would pledge to make a nobleman with his own castle and army for some rules that actually fit the niche.
>>
>>51951500
There are some mammals which drink salt water and have kidneys capable of filtering it better, like seals. They still prefer fresh water when they can get it but they can survive for longer on salt water.

It's just something Zells can do.
>>
>>51951111
Well based on my strategic surveillance of tumblr, misogyny is definitely a fetish.
>>
>>51951075

Yo Jimmy, you told me personally that you would always be around to answer lore questions. Time to pay up fucker.

Tell me about porridge. I love the shit but have no idea how common it used to be. I know shit about agriculture, both modern and historical, so I don't know exactly how available the shit used to be and I know that you have a raging nerd boner for agriculture.

While I'm at it what about honey? I fucking love honey! What about the bee populations? Are you going to take our current declining bee populations and use it as inspiration for the adventure module? To investigate and eventually hunt down an eldritch abomination for a Gallian Duke/Zellish Admiral/Orredinian Aristocrat or whoever the fuck ever just so he can start drizzling honey over his meals again. Tell me about the fucking Bees Jimmy, I remember when I was a little boy I could run through a field of clovers and those guys would just scatter and buzz off in swarms like you wouldn't beelieve but now I don't even remember the last time I saw one of those little fuzzy cunts. I fucking miss em Jimmo.
>>
>>51952427
https://warosu.org/tg/thread/S39229901#p39255300
>>
>>51951075
>>51952427
Also Jimmy, I've been reading a bit into Zoroastrianism and I was wondering what you think about it. Also if you could post your Occult/esoteric reading list I would muchly appreciate it.
>>
>>51952492
You actually got my hopes up that that link would answer my questions.

I wish I had an anime girl reaction face to properly describe how I'm feeling right now.
>>
>>51952708
I actually did some math before about how affordable the diet of the common peasant would be by the SoS food price listings in the book. Let me see if I can't pull it up.
>>
>>51951500
Turtles lay eggs. Why would humanoids be any different?>>51951500
>>
I am so far unable to find my own maths around the affordability of a diet of brown bread, pork, and turnips.
I did however find two Jimmy lore dumps that involves food. Remember to scroll around inside the links for more lore!

https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/35588933/#35597854
https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/42730356/#42754170
>>
>>51952511
>>51952427
We're going to be holding a Q&A on Plebbit tomorrow, maybe you could ask your lore questions there, to help get us started. Or someone could ask for you.

I will be there, and I will be answering questions in detail the entire day.
>>
So, my rules so far for my upcoming tourney.
https://paste2.org/W6ztXUUP

Main takeways are: 26 PCP, 3 PCP minimum in skills (knock yourself out with packets though) double the cost of attributes past 6, and you can't get more than 5 BB points from taking Banes. Also, no Burd armor augs. Read the thing for specific shit.

I'm sure someone can quite easily make something broken and OP even with restrictions in place, that's not the point. Try to not be a douchehole when you make a character, just make something fun to fecht with and against. No one looks forward to fighting a tin can that gibs them in one hit, or someone taking advantage of poorly written rules. I want fun fechts, not salt fests.
>>
>>51954069
An AMA even?
>>
Gandicze, reporting in, ready to fight.
>>
>>51954260
>Try to not be a douchehole when you make a character
t. guy who made str 8 1 pcp skills char for this tourney
>>
File: Final_Destination.png (3MB, 1589x926px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Destination.png
3MB, 1589x926px
>>51928779
The hour of Judgement is upon us! Zabaz and Gunther will be the first fight of the finals.

There's no GM to move the 300 pictures we'll continue in a few minutes regardless though.
>>
>>51954260
Haki can you get in here and help with the images and things?
>>
File: 1474053818684.jpg (599KB, 1227x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1474053818684.jpg
599KB, 1227x1920px
>>51954260
Excellent.
>>
>>51954619
Zabaz and 19 actually! Sorry!
>>
>>51954608
Lorea, leave
>>
>>51954260
Making a broadsword/claymore wielding notScotsman its gonna be fun
>>
>>51954608
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. I had him less hobo before I knew we didn't need 3 PCP in skills.
>>
File: IMG_20151111_121140.jpg (168KB, 660x850px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151111_121140.jpg
168KB, 660x850px
>>51950514
Indeed. Miko a good girl, best religious girl in 13.5 actual best being Mamizou
>>
>>51954260
>In a similar setup, you have 5 PCP in BB (5 Boon Points), and take the same banes, as wells as Wanted (-5). Normally, that's 25 total boon points, now it's only 20.

Is that right? It doesn't look right.
>>
>>51954765
You openly say you want people to obey the spirit of your tourney but you are proud that you didn't do that exact thing with Rhades? What's wrong with you?
>>
>>51954260
>4) You can use Superior versions of unarmed maneuvers if you know them through Pugilism or Wrestling even when you are not using Pugilism or Wrestling. For example, if you know Superior Kick but are using the Spear proficiency, you can still perform a Superior Kick.
Does this include Superior Clinch?
>>
>>51954619
And first blood is shed, a level 1 wound to the elbow! The Pain Train simply ignores the pain!
>>
>>51952782
I dunno about that, but what I do know is that there's no point in getting assets at any tier beyond minor. They scale linearly, making bigger ones pointless, and if you get into a war with a rival merchant complex and they try and firebomb your assets having 10 small ones is better than 2 big ones as there's less chance they'll know it's yours and more targets to hit. Also, I don't know if the amount of money you get per asset is enough in monthly withdrawals to make owning and operating an asset/business viable. You get 240cp per month in equity. This allows you to buy a loaf of black bread, a pound of cheese, a pound of cheap meat and a pound of regular oats every day for the month and have no savings at all. I'm not sure how many mouths this could feed, as my knowledge on medieval diets is lacking.
>>
>>51955084
This does.
>>
>>51954260
Can we take Custom Grips on any weapon? Are there any restrictions?
>>
>>51955098
Both fighters are sweating? Are you seeing this Jim? This is real fecthen!
>>
>>51955204
Yeah, should able to. Don't bring some broken ass shit though.
>>
>>51955254
Yes but no? What does that mean?
>>
>>51955098
And the Pain Train's arm has been completely severed at the elbow! Kek and Khopesh have proven triumphant!
>>
>>51955538

HOOK THE LEG
BEAT THE BLADE.
>>
File: BTB HTL.png (2MB, 1103x807px) Image search: [Google]
BTB HTL.png
2MB, 1103x807px
>>51954619
HE'S DONE IT! ZABAZ HAS DONE IT! HE'S DONE IT!

ZABAZ HAS STOPPED THE TRAIN!
>>
File: 1481851346333.jpg (622KB, 716x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1481851346333.jpg
622KB, 716x1000px
>>51955538
>>51955596
So he has 1 more guy to go, right? Or do 19 and the third wheel have to fight?
>>
>>51955662
Gunther is powerful and dangerous, don't call him a third wheel.
>>
>>51955596
Meme Magic is real!
>>
>>51955696
You can be powerful, dangerous, and not at all memorable.
>>
>>51954619
This battle is over!
>#19 Zabaz - Izagoni “Duelling-Priest” vs Gandicze, Subject 19
Victor: Zabaz!
Method of Victory: Severing the right arm at the elbow.

Current Standings:
W:L
Zabaz: 1-0
Gandicze: 0-1
Gunther: 0-0
>>
>>51955596
God Bless. Good has prevailed over email once again.
>>
File: Finals 2.png (1MB, 946x765px) Image search: [Google]
Finals 2.png
1MB, 946x765px
Our next battle is underway!
>#6 Gunther Alder vs #5 Gandicze, Subject 19

They've thrown Red/Red!
>>
>>51955727
This guy has it right.
>>
>>51955808
And for their opening maneuvers, both go for a simultaneous BLIND TOSS!
Next action will just be stumbling around blind, calling it now.
>>
>>51955958
Gunther winds the Blind Toss-off, and strikes, achieving a level 3 piercing wound to the hand!
The Train cannot choo if you disable his hand.
>>
>>51956071
Turns out it was only a level 2 wound, but they're deciding to have Gunther drop his axe anyway?
>>
>>51956300
Man I dunno, this entire tournament has been riddled with fuckups.
>>
>>51956345
Hey! They told us not to compare this to TRoS senpai!
>>
>>51956071
And after failing a Defensive Disarm, Subject 19 takes a level 5 wound to the same hand! Gunther wanted to be extra sure there would be no chooing, apparently.
>>
>>51956512
And the Train derails into the dark cold sea far below.
>>
File: 19+Lorea.jpg (92KB, 1200x794px) Image search: [Google]
19+Lorea.jpg
92KB, 1200x794px
>>51955808
This titanic battle is over!
>#6 Gunther Alder vs #5 Gandicze, Subject 19
Victor: Gunther!
Method of Victory: Two pollaxe spike strikes to the hand: one level 2, one level 5!

Current Standings:
W:L
Zabaz: 1-0
Gandicze: 0-2
Gunther: 1-0

Gandicze has been eliminated from the tournament!
The train has been stopped!
>>
Alright folks. It's time for the final match.
Khopesh's Zabaz versus Gunther Alder
We all know who should win, who deserves this more.
Post your strongest Khopesh memes.
Give Zabaz all the power you can!
>>
File: Chiron 2.jpg (135KB, 540x703px) Image search: [Google]
Chiron 2.jpg
135KB, 540x703px
>>51956581
>one ubermensch killed both burd untermensch
>I s-swear guys, SoS isn't nazi propaganda!
>>
File: B T B H T L.jpg (841KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
B T B H T L.jpg
841KB, 3264x2448px
>>51956602
>>
>>51956662
But the ubermensch is a black Pharaoh.
>>
>>51956602
BEAT THE BLADE

HOOK THE LEG

BEAT THE BLADE

HOOK THE LEG
>>
>>51956731

I'm not paying attention well enough to this to be fully up to speed. Where did this come from/what does it reference?
>>
>>51956602
BEAT THE BLADE
HOOK THE LEG
CUT THE NECK
SEE HIM BLEED

BTB HTL BTB HTL BTB HTL BTB HTL BTB HTL BTB HTL BTB HTL BTB HTL BTB HTL BTB HTL BTB HTL BTB HTL BTB HTL BTB HTL BTB HTL BTB HTL
>>
>>51905095
It's a reference to best swordfu, the Khopesh, being able to use Blunt proficiency which it gives it access to the Beat and Hook maneuvers.
>>
Hook the leg, beat the blade
Bash the face, let blood be sprayed
Stab the crotch and break the speaaar
Beware when the jobber's near!
>>
>>51956823

Also for you

>>51956803
>>
>>51956908

thanks
>>
In the first action, Gunther takes initiative on a yellow/yellow roll, and declares a powerful attack to the lower arm but Khopesh steals initiative back in a dramatic move for a swing of his own!
>>
File: Final Final.png (758KB, 565x699px) Image search: [Google]
Final Final.png
758KB, 565x699px
Ladies and gentlemen, the time is now. This is the moment you've all been waiting for. This is the final battle of the Song of Swords Kickstarter Visionary PLUS+ Special Donut Steel Snowflake Tournament!
>#6 Gunther Alder vs #19 Zabaz - Izagoni “Duelling-Priest”

Let's remind ourselves how these two fierce competitors made it to the finals.

Gunther Alder is a man with a pollaxe, and all the problems of the world look like they need level 5 wounds. This STR 8 monstrosity proved himself the dominant competitor in his battle with the Greek hoplite Azariah Ikesander. The latter didn't live up to his namesake; Gunther bashed him in the groin and sent him down into the Inner Sea! From there, this ardent Genosian knight took on Issac Lambert. But Lambert's staff was no match for the mighty pollaxe, and Lambert was sent off the disc. This pair of victories gave Gunther the opportunity to tackle the STR 10 and 11 Burdinadin competitors in our tournament, the trains of pain themselves, Lorea Mendoza and Subject 19. Stronger than metal and faster than light, Gunther is the man who stopped two trains! But he's not the only man who's proven capable of stopping those two trains. Gunther faces his toughest opponent yet for his final match! Can Genosian honor triumph over Izagoni mysticism?

Zabaz's gods are watching over him. Miraculous feats have accompanied this STR 6 warrior in his right through the latecomer bracket. With a dane axe made of two khopesh heads, Zabaz slew the sea raider Sjornn Anfallare. With the exotic urumi, Zabaz overcame the trickery of the Ohanedin greatswordsman Ozziah the Oathless. When confronted with the Gandicze, Zabaz's mighty Izagoni axe stopped the train in his tracks! Kek has blessed this warrior; can His power overcome that of Genosus?

This battle is for a spot in Voscan canon!

The fight begins now!
>>
And it's a level 2 to the forearm as Zabaz's axe crushes Alder's vambrace!
>>
>>51957049

EXCOMMUNICATE THOSE HOBOS, ZABAZ!
>>
>>51956868
Smash the teeth, cut the eyes
Men of Rahoo rule the skies!
>>
>>51957067
It's not enough to stop Alder's attack! The pollax follows through, impacting Zabaz's own forearm!
The would is a more gruesome one. Zabaz's axe is thrown wide. The legend bleeds. But will he die?
>>
>>51957124
Pain and shock drive Zabaz to his knees.
Is this the end?
>>
>>51957124

tuck and roll!
>>
>>51957153
Gunther takes a moment to assist Zabaz up, honor compelling him to deal with a man standing up.
But the blood flows freely, and the Izagoni loses a point of HLT.

Woozy and unsteady Zabaz squares up with his khopesh against Alder in round 3.
>>
>>51957203
HOOK THE BLADE
BEAT THE LEG
>>
File: 1482727112735.png (522KB, 748x499px) Image search: [Google]
1482727112735.png
522KB, 748x499px
>>51957229

No, you fuckup, thats wrong!
>>
>>51957203
A few more seconds pass as Gunther allows the Izagoni to sort out his kit.
They nod.
The Kamen then promptly runs Zabaz through, dealing a level 4 wound to the chest, ending the fight.
>>
File: Victor.png (869KB, 658x703px) Image search: [Google]
Victor.png
869KB, 658x703px
The final battle has reached a conclusion!
>#6 Gunther Alder vs #19 Zabaz - Izagoni “Duelling-Priest”

The victor of the Song of Swords Kickstarter Visionary PLUS+ Special Donut Steel Snowflake Tournament is...

Gunther Alder!
>>
File: Big Boss Salute.jpg (21KB, 600x343px) Image search: [Google]
Big Boss Salute.jpg
21KB, 600x343px
>>51957389
F
>>
>>51957389
F
>>
File: f.jpg (12KB, 271x450px) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
12KB, 271x450px
>>51957436
>>
>>51957436
But wait!
>>
>>51957517
Nani?
>>
File: Spoils.png (65KB, 404x716px) Image search: [Google]
Spoils.png
65KB, 404x716px
A final act of honor! Gunther Alder, the tournament champion, is giving up his prize slot to Zabaz!
>>
>>51957579
Y E S
E
S
>>
File: Oh My God.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Oh My God.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
>>51957579
>>
File: 1482886753231.jpg (3MB, 2904x1634px) Image search: [Google]
1482886753231.jpg
3MB, 2904x1634px
>>51957579
A deed worthy of a maiden's heart!
>>
>>51957579
Justice.
>>
>>51957579
Where's the guy with the prize anyway?
>>
>>51957719
There was no prize. It was all a lie.
>>
>>51957719
They were never real.
>>
File: we were all having a good time.png (70KB, 317x266px) Image search: [Google]
we were all having a good time.png
70KB, 317x266px
>>51957736
>>51957749
>>
File: IMG_1060.png (214KB, 700x613px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1060.png
214KB, 700x613px
>>51957579
>>
File: endtourneytears.png (390KB, 1500x957px) Image search: [Google]
endtourneytears.png
390KB, 1500x957px
>>51957579
>not posting the cheer

Put this one in your yearbook for Jimmy to sign
>>
File: eyebrows are love.jpg (166KB, 944x1121px) Image search: [Google]
eyebrows are love.jpg
166KB, 944x1121px
>>51957719
>>51957736
>>51957749
If life is truely that cruel, I have an Visionary Iconic slot that I will pass onto Zabaz. Gunther was much too hobo (though not the most hobo character in the tourney) to get away with winning that in good conscious.

I hope that life isn't that cruel, but Zabaz would make a good Iconic in any respect.
>>
>>51928779
So does anyone think some philanthropic anon, will immortalize a /tg/ character in Song of Swords canon?
I'd personally like to see Crazy Hassan
>>
>>51957826
Long live Khopeshfag!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7C0arR310g
>>
Is there a character sheet for this or am I doing it all on notebook paper?
>>
>>51957832
Zabaz is almost Crazy Hassan but he has Animal Afinity: bees.

That could have been bloodthirsty or something relevant but it's there.
>>
>>51957875
notebook paper

Every Character Sheet is damned before starting because of all the random little shit you have to internalize
>>
>>51957895
>>51957875
Git gud at Excel
>>
>>51957875
There are some character sheets, mostly fan made. Should be one in the MEGA.

Mostly we just use Word and Paste2 though.

>>51957891
He has a good chance of having bees attack his enemies, that's not nothing.
>>
File: zabaz.jpg (293KB, 600x837px) Image search: [Google]
zabaz.jpg
293KB, 600x837px
>>51957918
Fucking Cobra unit hobos
>>
>>51957875
There's a link to a fillable one in the KS comments.
>>
>>51957903
thanks rhade
>>
File: archer.jpg (75KB, 576x720px) Image search: [Google]
archer.jpg
75KB, 576x720px
>>51958154
I'm not Rhade.
>>
File: GTJ, BTW.png (39KB, 288x432px) Image search: [Google]
GTJ, BTW.png
39KB, 288x432px
>>51957805
>>
>>51957579
WEW LAD CHEERS FOR HAKI
>>
File: 1431345916403.gif (2MB, 300x259px) Image search: [Google]
1431345916403.gif
2MB, 300x259px
>>51958507
>Gary

god damnit
>>
Can Bizarre Gimmick give Parrying Teeth to a weapon?
>>
Oh man, we got so busy jerking each other of post-victory I forgot to brag.

https://soundcloud.com/yungterra/victory
>>
>>51958730
Only with GM approval

Or if your partner is willing to allow it when you enter a fecht.
One of the examples does allow Hook, so I don't see why other things wouldn't be allowed
>>
File: BTB, HTL.png (127KB, 1555x433px) Image search: [Google]
BTB, HTL.png
127KB, 1555x433px
>>51958752
>>
>>51958777
Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I was just wondering if it was an oversight or not because it's literally the first example:

>This customisation allows you to add hidden quirks to your weapon. Think hidden parrying hooks,
>>
Teaching myself the game by making a couple noble fencers and having them kill each other.

So I'm having them both be from a fencing school with a primary in 1H sword. It's a noble school with the free talents. Do I gain those in addition to the ones I gain from the individual proficiencies?

Like I have effective 7 in 1h sword, 6 in dagger. Do I start with 3 novice and 2 journeyman with sword and 2 novice and 1 journeyman in dagger?

Or do I just get the school talents and miss out on the others?
>>
>>51958993
Only schools get talents, or proficiency that are trained completely independent of schools. Creating a school puts all of its subsidiary profs into the same boat.
>>
>>51958993
Your school gains the talents; the individual proficiencies inside do not.
>>
>>51958507
what
no
>>
File: 1488193102769.jpg (9KB, 165x163px) Image search: [Google]
1488193102769.jpg
9KB, 165x163px
>>51958507
Well that was a bit revealing.
>>
>>51958993
Unrelated, but note that you only unlock maneuver tiers when your actual, purchased proficiency level reaches 5 or 10. You do not unlock tier 2 maneuvers by having a level 8 Noble School or a level 9 Officer or Esoteric school. The bonuses those provide to their primary proficiencies don't count for unlocking maneuvers
>>
>>51959072
>>51959078

Okay, probably should've actually read the talents section before I started confusing myself.

So the school gains talents like any other proficiency, and I get extras from the noble bonus, right? And the normal school talents can be bought from any of teh proficiencies but only apply to weapons with that proficiency?
>>
>>51959132
Can be bought from, and applies to, any contained proficiency. Often, the proficiency text narrows their effects to a weapon type, but if you have flourishing drills you always have it active- while using that school.
>>
File: xxx.png (14KB, 419x566px) Image search: [Google]
xxx.png
14KB, 419x566px
>>51959132
>So the school gains talents like any other proficiency, and I get extras from the noble bonus, right?
You got it. That's right. Pic related.

>And the normal school talents can be bought from any of teh proficiencies but only apply to weapons with that proficiency?
No. Schools are powerful. A requirement can be satisfied so long as the required proficiency lies within that school. A talent can be used with any proficiency. If the talent's effects say you must use a specific weapon, then you must still be using that weapon. But if it does not, then you do not.
For example, Bonk! requires 1H Blunt or 2H Blunt be your school. If you have a Soldier school consisting of 1H Blunt, 1H Sword, and Polearm, then you can purchase Bonk!, and use its effects even when using a katzbalger or halberd.
The Swift Sword talent, however, requires you to be using an actual one-handed or two-handed sword to utilize its effects.
>>
>>51959200
Doesn't bonk require you be wielding a blunt weapon? Some talents not only require it in school, but also to be using the weapon, like swift sword
>>
File: bonk.jpg (31KB, 881x170px) Image search: [Google]
bonk.jpg
31KB, 881x170px
>>51959468
It isn't specific enough.

The requirements ask you to have 1H or 2H blunt.
At what point is this requirement satisfied?

>When I can default to 1H or 2H default?
>When I have the proficiency in a school?
>When I have the proficiency at all?
>When I'm actively using the proficiency in combat?

The effect portion of the talent is written more clearly, but one could still argue that a weapon that has lost its "Ridiculously Sharp" customization now qualifies to be a "Blunt weapon", or that a thrusting quarterstaff(when when using the spear proficiency) counts as a blunt weapon.
>>
>>51959684
"Whenever you power attack with a blunt weapon"

Clearly not working with a rapier or halberd or what have you
>>
>>51959684
This is needlessly pedantic. Even the worm would roll his eyes. For the purposes of Talent acquiring, the requirements have nothing to do with combat circumstances and only to do with the attributes of the character and proficiency one is selecting talents for. Adding the word "proficiency" would be redundant, but we can go ahead and say maybe a little more explanation is needed.

As to the "what is a blunt weapon," capital-B Blunt is a category in the weapon list and clearly defined. If we ignored the implications of the capitalization, your cause would hold more water, if not for that damage type being called Bludgeoning.
To prevent this kind dangerously stupid argument you "could" make, let's just say to append the term "type" to any Talent text that describes a weapon it has to be used with.
>>
Man now I really want to join the new tournament and just get bodied by the guys who actually understand the system.
>>
File: rqdhPZc.jpg (84KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
rqdhPZc.jpg
84KB, 1024x768px
>>51959773
I hear rapiers and estocs are pretty blunt
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (145KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
145KB, 1920x1080px
>>51959782
"clearly defined"

Where?
>>
>>51957826
Zabaz would honestly be better as an iconic since he'd be fun to play for anyone, and also unless I'm mistaken he has a pretty limited background/personality making him an easy archetype to get into. Might be too varied for the sort of person who doesn't want to roll a character though?
>>
>>51960057
>>51959684
Holy wew on a lad sandwich lad

You're actually probably right that quarterstaves SHOULD benefit from this ability, which is why I'm going to rewrite that talent, but wew.
>>
>>51960121
Jimmy
What are you currently doing to market your game? Are you really happy with only this much dosh? As things currently are you're barely even getting to the mystery.
>>
>>51960121
and swords under the effects of murderstrike?
>>
>>51960157
He doesn't want to get to the mystery because he hasn't figured out what it is yet.
>>
>>51960186
Can't he just ask Bones? He seems to be on top of this shit.
>>
>>51960157
I just got home from a thing. We're doing a big Plebbit Q&A tomorrow and there's a lot more to come. Remain calm, good things are coming.

Additionally I'm not the guy who does the KS stuff. The updates, the changing of the site, that isn't me, that's Bones & Co. I am one person with a lot of responsibilities. There is news incoming but you need to chill out a bit, we know what we're doing.

>>51960186
wew lad.

>>51960180
Yes, definitely. I'll reassess how that Talent is supposed to work in general actually. A lot of the Talents need that and the system is probably going to get a rework at some point in general.
>>
>>51960242
>still only marketing on reddit
Has there been like zero turnout from other sites or something?

>Additionally I'm not the guy who does the KS stuff.
Yeah, I was using the mystery tier as a benchmark, not saying you specifically should be telling us about it. Current projections say that's right about where the thing will end.

>you need to chill out a bit,
Chilling time starts in eighteen days. When you're making money, you're "on" and work as hard as you can until it's done.

>we know what we're doing.
That's a meaningless thing to say, it's not a binary. You're doing better than some folks, but you know who really knew what he was doing? This guy: you need to chill out a bit, we know what we're doing.
If there was justice in the world, you'd have his numbers and he'd have, at best, yours. But business isn't founded on justice, it's founded on competence and effort. With the former, you've got what you've got, but you can both improve it and supplement it with the latter. Maybe you personally are doing a lot that we in the thread don't see, and that's cool. But if you were more transparent and maybe gave us a bit more direction, we'd supplement your efforts with our own.
>>
Y'all have some chill white people beats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3aGk_Gwqjw
>>
>>51960375
Okay, okay, I get it. I just mean it's needling to hear it every time I come in here. Personally I think it's going well. We can see where people who redirect to our page come from, and we can see when people donate after coming to places from certain links.

It's also not only Reddit, we're getting some decent talk on RPG.net and also on the Site. We've also got a few podcasts mentioning us now. I'll link those actually, might be interdasting for y'all.
>>
>>51960121
It's pretty nice with murderstrikes, pommel bashes and estocs as well.
>>
>>51960515
Well maybe if you came by more often... We did just have plenty of talk about Khopeshfag after all.

>and we can see when people donate after coming to places from certain links.
Yeah, that's what I was curious about. I know there's been talk on RPG.net, but didn't know if it materialized into anything.

>the Site
theRPGsite? Huh, it seemed like it had been dead lately.

>We've also got a few podcasts mentioning us now. I'll link those actually
Yes please.
>>
>>51960242
Esoterica rules when
>>
>>51960551
>>51960375
Nigga, if you're so anxious, go do something yourself. The team is keeping busy, and scolding them every time they come into the thread is putting a pall on things.

He's given us direction. Make forum accounts, talk to people, chat up the reddit subforum, come to the Q&A tomorrow, don't talk about TROS. I mean, the guys even dropped off a dedicated shilling guide before.

Go suck off Matt Easton then talk him up if you really want to pitch in.

>the Site
The company website, I assume.
>>
>>51960628
>go do something yourself
Who says I ain't been?

>the guys even dropped off a dedicated shilling guide before.
Really? I haven't seen one since the like two posts Bones did.

>Go suck off Matt Easton
Can you get me access to his dick?
>>
>>51960648
can we
>please
stop
>talking like
this
>its really ugly
and obnoxious
>to read
>>
>>51960688
Go away you filthy neurotypical
>>
>>51959468
Oh derp. Yeah, you're right, it does require a blunt weapon.
>>
>>51960515
During a couple of fights in the tournament, the idea of being able to quickdraw shields came up, and while it's not RAW feasible the GM's allowed it. It's honestly a pretty good idea even if you're not prone, and I hope you look into modifying Quick Draw when you get the time.
>>
>>51960859
I don't think shields should be quickdraw-able.
>>
File: the tournament in summary.jpg (47KB, 299x321px) Image search: [Google]
the tournament in summary.jpg
47KB, 299x321px
>>
>>51960898
10/10 beautiful
will save and look at again
>>
I'm a little confused by the R/R rules.

Let's say I've got two people both going for a thrust on R/R. A gets1 success on his initiative test while B gets 3.

What defense does B resolve his thrust against? Nothing? does he just roll his investment and get all the successes as BS?
>>
>>51960957
Did A declare a defense along with his thrust? If yes, the B resolves against that. With no defense, he simply gets all his successes as BS. Don't R/R unless you mean it kids.
>>
>>51960957
Yeah, if there's no defense, the attacks resolve with all successes as BS. R/R results are fucking brutal.

Worse, if the characters both roll the same on their initiative tests then the two attacks resolve fully and simultaneously, almost certainly killing both characters.
>>
>>51960895
Bucklers definitely should, they can hang off a hook on your belt or scabbard.

http://myarmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=19172
>>
>>51960957
Red/Red

Both players roll an ADR test at TN7, no modifiers.
The loser of this test declares his maneuver(s) first. He may declare a defense and withhold the amount of dice he's going to put into it until he hears how much dice the opponent is putting into his attack.
The winner then gets to declare his maneuver with the benefit of knowing what his opponent is doing.

After maneuvers are declared you do a second ADR test, this time accounting for modifiers like Bloodthirsty and/or Tall, and talents like swift sword. Also you gain +1d for each step of reach you have over your opponent.

The winner of this contest gains initiative and his attack maneuver resolves before his opponents.
If you tie both maneuvers resolve at the same time, possibly killing both of you.

Defenses always resolve at the same time as the attacks they are aimed against. You're never required to launch a defense, and can let people kill you if you're retarded or something.

I'm happy to run anyone through a fecht in the Roll 20 room if you want additional help.
>>
It's a solo learning fecht so I went R/R to see what would happen plus B had already gotten a rapier to the neck and was going all in.

Worked out for him, now the other guy's got a way bigger neck hole.

As far as actual in-game strategy goes what do people do there? Pulling R is basically betting your life the other guy doesn't pull R, so do you just favor B and Y unless you know you've got him dead to rights?

The combat for this is really well done, makes me want to do a crusade campaign if I can convince my friends to get off the D&D train.
>>
>>51954260
What about Silversteel Shields?
>>
File: RedRed.png (115KB, 1359x536px) Image search: [Google]
RedRed.png
115KB, 1359x536px
>>51961066
>Both players roll an ADR test at TN7, no modifiers.
We don't do that anymore actually. The combat update changed it.
>>
>>51961151
It's a good investment if you can get your group to do it.

There are ways to defend even if you go R/R though, there are maneuvers for parrying and attacking at the same time for example.
>>
>>51961151
If you're willing to pay the activation cost for a simultaneous maneuver you can defend when going Red.

Typically if your plan is to kill someone immediately with one stroke you just put all your dice into action 1 and go Red. A possible way of being defeated is losing initiative to another person going Red. So its not the end-all solution to the system all the time, and can be thwarted quite easily by someone just bothering to defend.
>>
>>51960515
Does the DTN 8 of a weighted chain replace the DTN of the base weapon?
>>
>>51961306
Only when defending with it.

Seems to be the only attachment with its own defense TN
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/CrowdfundedBoardgames/comments/5wu22a/song_of_swords_tactical_combat_lowfantasy/
>>
>>51961344
It's not a board game.
>>
>>51961344
Do we belong on a board games subreddit?
>>
Jimmy, I think the whole school/talent stuff needs a better explanation?
>>
File: duh-roowssss.png (26KB, 831x166px) Image search: [Google]
duh-roowssss.png
26KB, 831x166px
>>51961375
The book is undergoing professional editing.
Probably some idiot-proofing as well.

The weird thing is that certain rule snippets are only ever mentioned in one place.
Maybe it'll be more obvious in the final versions
>>
Has Jimmy started doing the Q&A yet?
>>
>>51961785
The Reddit thread is meant to appear 10 minutes before the Q&A goes live. Remember to spam it with questions about rats.
>>
Premature New Thread
>>51961843
>>51961843
>>51961843
>>
>>51961785
Read your email
Thread posts: 341
Thread images: 80

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.