[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's his alignment?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 48

File: Stannis.jpg (132KB, 585x900px) Image search: [Google]
Stannis.jpg
132KB, 585x900px
What's his alignment?
>>
File: alignment.png (12KB, 670x255px) Image search: [Google]
alignment.png
12KB, 670x255px
>>
>>51923810
Lawful Neutral, but an asshole.
>>
>>51923810
If that's my nigga Stannis then he Lawful Neutral (Corrupted).

He done some bad shit but he dint die a bad man.
>>
Lawful asshole, with a good measure dumbass evil thrown in.

>>51924063
this guy is true eveil, and i remember that thread, it was like two days ago.
>>
>>51923810
Lawful neutral.

He has both good and bad tendencies. of course, and I'd wager he's closer to good than evil. But what matters is still the law first, second, and possibly third.

I think his commitment to law is best exemplified by the fact that he doesn't actually bear any ill will towards his enemies, reasoning that many of them have perfectly fine interpretations that just so happen to be wrong and therefore put them at odds with him.
No those he really can't fucking stand are those who sided with Renly first and then him.
Because those guys did not have an excuse.
They just wanted power.

>>51924078
Compared to who exactly?
>>
>>51924063
It was not that long ago that I finally was told that Expresso was not a word. I don't know if nobody noticed I was saying it wrong or if nobody cared.
>>
>>51924126
>Compared to who exactly?

Jon, Ned, Varys, the Blackfish, Sir Pounce...
>>
>>51924156
They can notice, and care, and not tell you.
It's called being judgemental.
>>
>>51924156
They didn't care. But half of them thought you were an idiot.

And now you are smarter!
>>
>>51924161
>Varys

You mean the guy who kills good people he knows are good people to bring back a family of psychopaths?
>>
>>51924161
>Jon.
A bastard born of Deceit and Lust. Often wish of taking the Stark name and being named heir.
>Ned.
A dumbass that could not let go of his honor for he good of the realm. Only when his family was in danger. So a Moral hypocrite
>Varys.
What. The man is chaotic evil or whatever alignment allows to bring back a family of psychopaths

>the Blackfish.
Refuses to marry and bring an alliance for the tullys. However He rightfully fears Jon Snow due to fear he might betray Robb, so Some good.

>Sir Pounce...
The Only Good one.
>>
>>51924426
>You mean the guy who kills good people he knows are good people to bring back a family of psychopaths?
>>51924460
>What. The man is chaotic evil or whatever alignment allows to bring back a family of psychopaths

Did you guy(s) have a meeting or what?
>>
>>51924558
We meet behind the 7-11 on Thursdays.
>>
>>51924650
Should I bring my dice? Or maybe a stag shaped dildo?
>>
Let all true men bear fealty!

One Realm, One God, One King!

STANNIS! STANNIS! STANNIS!

>tfw the faggot showrunners hated him for being a religious white male and so destroyed his entire character and GRRM is a fat hack who will never finish his books because he wants fame/fortune more than caring about his own universe

But hey at least KellyC will marry Jun Snuhhh with le witty Imp xDDDD as Hand
>>
>>51924460

> Ned
Don't forget, Ned also changed king Roberts will while Robert dictated it as he lay dying.
>>
>>51924095
>die

Pleb detected
>>
>>51924714
Bring dice and money to purchase snacks, the 7-11 only lets us stay here if we get our snacks from them.

>>51924782
>GUYS LETS JUST HAVE HIM MURDER PEOPLE FOR NO REASON :D
>OH WAIT HE'S ALSO A ZEALOT.
>ITS NOT LIKE HE'S THE ONLY EXPLICITLY ATHEIST GUY IN THE CANON OR ANYTHING WHO REPEATEDLY TELLS HIS FOLLOWERS TO QUIT IT WITH THE BURNING PEOPLE.
>>
>>51924836
You couldn't detect a turd if it fell out of your ass
>>
>>51923810
Much like Alignment, he was ruined by D&D.
>>
>>51924896
>Surely this will show those filthy white males and/or religious people
>Hey Dave... What if we made the Faith Militant literally ISIS?
>Dont forget Stannis never changes his mind unless it's 2 episodes after

But hey as I said at least Renly the great king who was a good person by virtue of being gay was avenged and now KellyC will fix everything!

Seriously fuck these faggot writers Stannis was the best inversion of the "evil brooding king" stereotype I've ever read. Now normie just think he's some Protestant Fundamentalist caricature of douchebaggery.

Worst part is I'd have run an RPG in the ASOIAF world maybe even using their system had not the entire setting been poisoned for me by creative decisions like that and the filthy plebs who help shit up the entitr series by igniring the books and just watching for titties and shock value
>>
>>51924896
You should probably just come over to my house.

I'll show you my stag shaped dildo
>>
>>51925163
I'm a showfag and I'm honestly tired of the SJW bullshit. Book Stannis seemed amazing
>>
>>51924800
What did he change?
>>
>>51925190

Honestly nobody should be surprised. Benioff wrote Troy in 2006, and made an epic about the ancient clash of civilizations into this shit about why violence against women is bad mmm'kay

Book Stannis was amazing, but now he'll never be finished ever. More importantly GRRM ran out of ideas and now is just copying the show because he realized how important this shit is to the plebs who consume his product and got him on TV.

Thing is the books were an incredible setting. When he focused just on Westeros and its stories he created an interesting inversion of the generic Tolkien or Dragonlance setting most readers are used to. He introduced a knowledge of feudal politics and intrigue which was refreshing. He wrote 2 incredible books (AGoT and ACoK) and one great but messy (ASoS) books published in 4 years from 96 to 2000. Then in the past 17 years he has produced 2 shit tier books, and of those 30℅ of the content was complete in 2005. His next book isn't even 1/2 finished and 1/4 of the content was complete as of Dance in 2011. That is some lazy fuckery.

He destroyed his own universe in order to get more time feeling special on TV interviews. I have no sympathy for him.
>>
>>51925163
>Dany can kill people in the most horrific and arbitaryway. but don't worry she's good.

>Brienne Killing Stannis is keeping her Oath, while abandoning Sansa to the Boltons breaking her oath.

>Says Renly is the True King. Even after everyone on every side of the conflict says What Renly did was treason and stupid.

>Forget the fact he was trying to liberate Winterfell, thereby helping to liberate the Starks and liberating the North.

God I fucking hate Brienne. I hate how the show keeps insisting she's a true knight even after it shows she would follow anyone who even give her the modicum of respect.

I hate the Fact they keep shilling for Renly even after all that stupid shit he pulled.

I loathe the fact we are supposed to sympathies with cersei because she is a oppresed woman
>>
>>51925295
>Sympathy for Cersei because she's an oppressed womyn by the evil fundamentalist Faith
>The only thing actually trying to punish the nobility for their excesses and horribleness

I forgot about that fanfiction ending though. Lol Cersei is queen fuck the line of succession what's that primogeniture is for dorks! Not cool NURDS™ like us!

But anon how could Renly be bad? Renly was gay. Gay people are all good. Especially when evil fanatic religious people MURDER them for EVIL greedy reasons! Stannis is greedy lmao!

Stop making fun of strong Brienne/Captain Phasma! Shes a strong character and beat THE HOUND! Because she's strong lol! And shes so honourable she got revenge on evil Stannis who was totally just in it for himself and not to free the North! I mean he burned Mance for real in this show lol because he's a religious idiot. Did we tell you we don't like men in charge or religion? Cuz if you don't understand well promote Cersei by having her defeat not!ISIL

Fuck the actress is also intolerable
>I like playing captain Phasma, an incompetent jackbooted Nazi thug with 3 lines who gets thrown in le garbage, because she's such a deep rooted interesting positive female role model™
>>
>>51925295
>I loathe the fact we are supposed to sympathies with cersei because she is a oppresed woman

Is that the message?
I feel bad for her when her kids get fucked up, because she is a fecund mother, but otherwise that bitch deserved what she got
>>
>>51925382
I shit you not, D&D actually like her and also think Sansa is an interesting character and that Dany is actually competent

These are the people writing the show. Let that sink in for a second.
>>
>>51925295
I gave the show the benefit of the doubt she spared him.
>>
>>51925391
He's been confirmed dead multiple times in multiple official publications as well as by the actor and the showrunners

They are that retarded
>>
>>51925389
Yeah but the show's been crap for a couple seasons and GRRM hisself is too memed out to finish the books.

Who really gives a fuck?
>>
>>51925403
I know, I think I'm more pissed that they didn't show the actual swing that ended him
>>
>>51925403
Why did they hate Stannis.

Was it because he was the only good one relatively Good one in power
>>
>>51925436

The universe is dead to me. So I have that partial asspain from seeing something I actually liked get turned into shit.

But mostly what I am annoyed with is that something that was actually deep and interesting could be stupidefied in the most retarded way possible and have massive legions of normies become obsessed with it despite the fact it makes no sense. In short its a condemnation of modern entertainment that proves storytelling means nothing next to fanservice, shock value, and nudity. And it also means any "mature" fantasy or history themed series that will be made in the next decade will be a Got clone, which will be an inferior form of entertainment
>>
>>51925389
I thought Sansa's relationship with Hound was interesting but other than that I just don't care. Most of the shit that happens to her she has no one else to blame but herself
>>
>>51925466
He was a white guy who didn't care about his gay brother,he didn't like Ned, he cheats on his wife and he wasn't going to let the North seceede if he won.
>>
>>51925453
What and maybe make people doubt that Brienne is a cunt?

>>51925466
Because >>51925295
They think womyn are all good because they're female. They think Renly was a good person simply because he was gay. They think being religious=evil. They think only characters who will do lots of shocking nude scenes are cool. Basically Stannis wasn't palatable to a normie audience, and was totally anathema to their actual simplistic SJW worldview, so they destroyed him

Which is funny because in the entire ASOIAF universe he's probably the most left wing character as he promises to break the back of the power of the aristocracy and provide equality under the law for everybody, both of which were Enlightenment ideals. But because he's a fucking white male who ostensibly has a religion (that he's not too pious about) he's evil
>>
>>51925485
>Didn't care
>Offered to make him his heir

And the following quote got cut from the show in favour of.more nude scenes with hookers:
>"Renly offered me a peach. At our parley. Mocked me, defied me, threatened me, and offered me a peach. I thought he was drawing a blade and went for mine own. Was that his purpose, to make me show fear? Or was it one of his pointless jests? When he spoke of how sweet the peach was, did his words have some hidden meaning? Only Renly could vex me with a piece of fruit. He brought his doom on himself with his treason, but I did love him, Davos. I know that now. I swear, I will go to my grave thinking of my brother’s peach."

The North shouldn't secede but oh wait I forgot Jun Snuhh is now kingidanorf because fan service and fuck primogeniture lol that's for dorks. Lined of succession don't real the north is le cool xDDDD
>>
>>51925485
His wife ASKS him to cheat on her.
>>
>>51925502
But anon.
Stannis WASN'T religious in the books.
He's the only guy we know for sure is an ahtiest.
>>
>>51925485
>He was a white guy who didn't care about his gay brother,
A traitor trying to destroy primogeniture to be king. Nothing wrong with this. If he had won the consequences would have been dire

>he didn't like Ned,
Why would he? He met the man Once or Twice, in his life. Hard to like someone only meeting them once or twice.

>he cheats on his wife
A Pragmatic choice so people won't die. He killed Renly without sheeding any blood.

>and he wasn't going to let the North secede if he won.
Why the Fuck would he. The North should have picked a side. Not Go fuck the rest of you. which proved disastrous.
>>
>>51925553
Oh I know. I'm giving you D&D's retarded reasoning.

Also I don't think Stannis is an atheist. He admits Mel has power. He just is totally apathetic to religion at large.

>>51925572
Especially hard to like Ned when Robert treated Ned like his brother instead of Stannis, despite Stannis having given everything for Robert including his health. He starved at Storms End and smashed the Iron Fleet for Robert. The first made him age prematurely and the second he got no recognition for.

Don't get mad at that anon though he's pointing out why Cuck&Cuck don't like based Stannis
>>
>>51923810
Lawful Rightful King.
>>
>>51925532
>The North shouldn't secede but oh wait I forgot Jun Snuhh is now kingidanorf because fan service and fuck primogeniture
But now the question is, how will they have Sansa take it from him and not make everyone think she's a cunt?
>>
>>51925212
'My son' to 'my rightful heir' or something similar, on account of the whole incest babies thing.

>>51924126
Being able to show Stannis (and the other 4 kings) directly instead of relying on limited POVs really makes them choosing to skip Stannis treating with Big Bucket Wull absolutely criminal. With good casting they could have had Greatjon v2 in terms of big guys that steal their scenes.
>>
>>51925295
>>51925372
Reminder that D&D literally thought Stannis was first shown burning heretics, rather than statues, on the beach.
>>
File: 1486288519987.png (85KB, 419x296px) Image search: [Google]
1486288519987.png
85KB, 419x296px
Reminder that D&D literally focus on everyone else's positive traits, All the while they focus on Stannis Negative traits.
>>
>>51925722
They really must hate him. Must be infuriating knowing he had the best fans.
>>
>>51925797
And yet he's more entertaining to watch than Dany
>>
>>51925609
>Also I don't think Stannis is an atheist. He admits Mel has power. He just is totally apathetic to religion at large.

No, he's literally an atheist.
He literally does not believe in gods. His bird dying the same day his parents did killed whatever faith he had.
He believes in magic, but not gods.
>>
Renly is the one true king
>>
>>51923810
Lawful good, he has strong principles and tries to protect the people of the realm, and bring justice, a pretty definitive example
>>
>>51925692
Sansa will betray Jon. And the Tv series will Justify it because
>Muh girl powers
>>
>>51925609
Stannis didn't feel anger towards Ned for that, he felt angry towards robert and Renly, since he expected to be given Storms End, not Dragonstone. When he arrives at the wall, he states that he appreciated that Ned was trying to make him King. He never had anger towards Ned, simply frustration towards Robert and anger at how Renly got given the ancestral seat that he should have received.
>>
>>51923810
Lawful Jerk.
>>
>>51927356
Then why would he name his bastard son jon snow. As the new warden of the north
>>
File: U6RauO2.jpg (335KB, 1210x1282px) Image search: [Google]
U6RauO2.jpg
335KB, 1210x1282px
> LE SJWS RUINED GAME OF THRONES
As a SJW, no. I'll admit that Dumb and Dumber are trying to appeal to us sometimes, but they're doing it in such a horrible way, it actually backfires. For example
> Cersei smashes the patriarchy by murdering a shitload of innocent people! And then ordering her undead servant to rape a nun! You go, girl!
> Sansa is a boss ass bitch! Except she needs to be reminded by Theon how to accept oaths of loyalty! And sends away Littlefinger, and then begs him for help! And screams at Jon for not asking her how to deal with Ramsey, but then admits she doesn't know how! And begs for Jon's forgiveness for mistreating him, despite... Not actually mistreating him, ever. In fact, in the show that's the first time they interact.
> Asha... Sorry, Yara is confronting sexist ironborn at the kingsmoot! Oh, wait, she's not, she needs her brother to speak for her. At least she'll confront Trump!Euron! Oh wait, here goes her brother again.
> Picrelated.
And MOST of all...
> The entire Daenerys plot is a disaster. In the books, it's a clever subversion of White Saviour... While in the show it's a straight up White Saviour, who fixes all of Meereen's problems with burning shit down.
> Also, why was Yunkaii so interested in reopening of fighting pits? It's a domestic policy, that makes no fucking sense. Also, how did dothraki defeat Sons of Harpy just by charging in and killing them all? Because you know, the thing about terrorists is, unlike the real soldiers, they could be anyone, anywhere, and their shtick is not fighting fairly. It's striking unexpect-
>>
>>51927756
As a anarcha-queer. I love D&D handle on the show.Just because you don't like doesn't mean you speak for the rest of us.

Cersei Finally gets to be queen. After years of being humiliated and belittled simply because she was a woman.

BTW Don't blame Sansa, okay. That's Victim Blaming. She was a hostage, brutalize, kidnap by a pedophile, and raped by Ramsay. Jon was being a shitlord to her.

Yara is a Victim of Internalize Misogyny.

God I hope Euron they kill soon. I could barely tolerate Tywin. A game of thrones don't need another tywin.

Daenerys is a strong and independent women, okay. So don't go talking shit.
>>
File: Bait4.jpg (27KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
Bait4.jpg
27KB, 625x626px
>>51927893
>>
>>51927492
Stannis is pragmatic; he knows he has the power to legalize bastards, and he needs allies in the North. Jon Snow is still the son of Ned, as far as everyone in the North knows and cares.
So a Jon Stark would make a leader many northern lords would flock to.
I guess Stannis wouldnt like doing that, but it's not like he has many options, and it would be well within the law and his personal code.
>>
>>51928010
Catelyn was right
>>
>>51928777
She was right how?
>>
Be honest /tg/.
Will stannis survive in the winds of winter?
Will he suffer the same fate as his tv counterpart
>>
>>51928909
Probably.

But if he dies in the battle I'm fucking out, he can die from a fucking anyuerism right afterwards but if he loses the battle I'm out.
>>
>>51928886
That jon was trying to usurp her children titles
>>
Stannis is lawful good.
>Believes in human rights
>Understands that sometimes it's fine to be flexible with the law, but the law should still be the pillar of society
>Takes his duty as King very seriously
>Is willing to sacrifice himself for the realm
>>
>>51929053
And yet he will always be known for burning his daughter
>>
>>51929191
Only to mouthbreathing retards desu
>>
>>51929191
>insert quote about sacrifice
>>
>George tells D&D that stannis burns his daughter to win.
>D&D being Stannis haters gleefully follow this.
>what da fuc
>D&D tells everyone that this will happen in the novels
>pls no
>Winds of winter comes out.
>Stannis never burns his daughter. They win the Battle of winterfell.
>George fuck over D&D
A man can dream.
>>
>>51929360
>Winds of winter comes out.
>implying it'll ever come out
>implying George doesn't die before even reaching the half way point to that book
>>
>>51928962
> That was too much. Jon wrenched free of his friends and retreated to the armory, alone. His ears were still ringing from the blow Emmett had dealt him. He sat on the bench and buried his head in his hands. Why am I so angry? he asked himself, but it was a stupid question. Lord of Winterfell. I could be the Lord of Winterfell. My father's heir.

> It was not Lord Eddard's face he saw floating before him, though; it was Lady Catelyn's. With her deep blue eyes and hard cold mouth, she looked a bit like Stannis. Iron, he thought, but brittle. She was looking at him the way she used to look at him at Winterfell, whenever he had bested Robb at swords or sums or most anything. Who are you? that look had always seemed to say. This is not your place. Why are you here?
>>
>>51929439
> His friends were still out in the practice yard, but Jon was in no fit state to face them. He left the armory by the back, descending a steep flight of stone steps to the wormways, the tunnels that linked the castle's keeps and towers below the earth. It was short walk to the bathhouse, where he took a cold plunge to wash the sweat off and soaked in a hot stone tub. The warmth took some of the ache from his muscles and made him think of Winterfell's muddy pools, steaming and bubbling in the godswood. Winterfell, he thought. Theon left it burned and broken, but I could restore it. Surely his father would have wanted that, and Robb as well. They would never have wanted the castle left in ruins.

> You can't be the Lord of Winterfell, you're bastard-born, he heard Robb say again. And the stone kings were growling at him with granite tongues. You do not belong here. This is not your place. When Jon closed his eyes he saw the heart tree, with its pale limbs, red leaves, and solemn face. The weirwood was the heart of Winterfell, Lord Eddard always said . . . but to save the castle Jon would have to tear that heart up by its ancient roots, and feed it to the red woman's hungry fire god. I have no right, he thought. Winterfell belongs to the old gods.
>>
>>51929451
> Ygritte wanted me to be a wildling. Stannis wants me to be the Lord of Winterfell. But what do I want? The sun crept down the sky to dip behind the Wall where it curved through the western hills. Jon watched as that towering expanse of ice took on the reds and pinks of sunset. Would I sooner be hanged for a turncloak by Lord Janos, or forswear my vows, marry Val, and become the Lord of Winterfell? It seemed an easy choice when he thought of it in those terms . . . though if Ygritte had still been alive, it might have been even easier. Val was a stranger to him. She was not hard on the eyes, certainly, and she had been sister to Mance Rayder's queen, but still . . .

> I would need to steal her if I wanted her love, but she might give me children. I might someday hold a son of my own blood in my arms. A son was something Jon Snow had never dared dream of, since he decided to live his life on the Wall. I could name him Robb. Val would want to keep her sister's son, but we could foster him at Winterfell, and Gilly's boy as well. Sam would never need to tell his lie. We'd find a place for Gilly too, and Sam could come visit her once a year or so. Mance's son and Craster's would grow up brothers, as I once did with Robb.

> He wanted it, Jon knew then. He wanted it as much as he had ever wanted anything. I have always wanted it, he thought, guiltily. May the gods forgive me. It was a hunger inside him, sharp as a dragonglass blade. A hunger . . . he could feel it. It was food he needed, prey, a red deer that stank of fear or a great elk proud and defiant. He needed to kill and fill his belly with fresh meat and hot dark blood. His mouth began to water with the thought.
>>
>>51929360
le 20 good men
>>
>>51929481
> It was a long moment before he understood what was happening. When he did, he bolted to his feet. "Ghost?" He turned toward the wood, and there he came, padding silently out of the green dusk, the breath coming warm and white from his open jaws. "Ghost!" he shouted, and the direwolf broke into a run. He was leaner than he had been, but bigger as well, and the only sound he made was the soft crunch of dead leaves beneath his paws. When he reached Jon he leapt, and they wrestled amidst brown grass and long shadows as the stars came out above them. "Gods, wolf, where have you been?" Jon said when Ghost stopped worrying at his forearm. "I thought you'd died on me, like Robb and Ygritte and all the rest. I've had no sense of you, not since I climbed the Wall, not even in dreams." The direwolf had no answer, but he licked Jon's face with a tongue like a wet rasp, and his eyes caught the last light and shone like two great red suns.

> Red eyes, Jon realized, but not like Melisandre's. He had a weirwood's eyes. Red eyes, red mouth, white fur. Blood and bone, like a heart tree. He belongs to the old gods, this one. And he alone of all the direwolves was white. Six pups they'd found in the late summer snows, him and Robb; five that were grey and black and brown, for the five Starks, and one white, as white as Snow.

> He had his answer then.
>>
>>51929492
Yes?
>>
>>51929565
No. His answer was "no".
>>
>>51929573
He makes a poor bastard
>>
>>51929573
What a fag
>>
>>51929573
In a time where stamnia needed allies
>>
>>51929492
More please
>>
>>51925175
Now is that a dildo shaped like a stag, or modeled after a stags penis? Either way, I'm hard.
>>
>>51929581
But a perfect Stark.
>>
>>51929917
Read the books.
>>
Stannis did nothing wrong
>>
>>51928909
hopefully. Never liked Stannis
>>
>>51928909
This>>51928921
Of course he'll die. Then Blondie will cross the sea and take over despite being retarded.
He better win the fucking battle though. Numerous characters all say he is one of the greatest commanders alive.
>>
>>51934576
>Numerous characters all say he is one of the greatest commanders alive.
Which makes the Bolton Bastard crushing him make it all the sweeter.

Stay mad Stannis fags, Khalesei's going to take the throne.
>>
File: Aegon.jpg (169KB, 900x978px) Image search: [Google]
Aegon.jpg
169KB, 900x978px
Who would be the best king of Westeros, and why is it Aegon VI "Blackfyre."
>>
>>51927756
Actually, Game of Thrones is a clever medieval view on the class war that keeps the proletariat down. The aristocratic bourgeoisie like Cersei, Sansa, Yara and every single one of the show's protagonists all exploit the strength of the common man and woman in order to inflict violence onto the people.

There is only class war, comrade!
>>
File: young_griff_by_tyusiu-d6rjpxj.jpg (142KB, 833x958px) Image search: [Google]
young_griff_by_tyusiu-d6rjpxj.jpg
142KB, 833x958px
>>51935807
This here is a man of virtue and good taste. BLACKFYRES ARE THE TRUE KINGS OF WESTEROS
>>
File: ramsay.jpg (93KB, 2037x1135px) Image search: [Google]
ramsay.jpg
93KB, 2037x1135px
>>51927756
>implying Cersei isn't a compelling female villain
>implying anything could stop the vast majority of sjws from caring way too much about Sansa
>implying that Theon's support of his sister's claim to the throne and the mending of their relationship is somehow bad
>implying Dany's liberation is her being a savior, rather than being a redemption for the Valyrian people, who enslaved half the globe
>not accepting the fighting pits, even though they're part of Yunkaii culture, which is a culture of peace
>knows a surprising amount about terrorist tactics
>admits to being an SJW like it's no big deal
(((you)))
>>
>>51935901
You know what the best part about Griff is? He's actually the most legitimate person for the throne.

There's a very good chance that Daeron II wasn't actually the son of Aegon IV, but was actually the son of Aemon the Dragon Knight. This would, in an ironic twist of fate (that Martin absolutely loves) would make Daeron the bastard and Daemon Blackfyre the legitimate son!
>>
>>51936310
But the Blavkfurr always use military might. Not deveit
>>
>>51936103
> implying Cersei isn't a compelling female villain
Yes. In the show she's not even a villain between season 1 and last few episodes of the last season, she doesn't do anything villainous and all her bad deeds from the books are curiously absent in the show. You say "tragic villain", I say "bad wrigin".
> implying anything could stop the vast majority of sjws from caring way too much about Sansa
Nobody cares about show!Sansa. Nobody. She's an unlikable bitch. She was an unlikable bitch in the books too, but only until Ned's death. D&D clearly hate Sansa as much as Stannis, so they always go out of the way to portay her in a bad way. Also her marriage to Ramsey, anyone?
>implying that Theon's support of his sister's claim to the throne and the mending of their relationship is somehow bad
We had it in the books too, and somehow GRRM managed to do it without Asha losing any agency. Maybe it's because he's a good writer, and D&D are hacks.
>>
>>51936103
>>51936898
>implying Dany's liberation is her being a savior, rather than being a redemption for the Valyrian people, who enslaved half the globe
I could write an essay about how horrible Meereen plot is in the show, but I'll be brief. In the books, Daenerys struggles between mantaining peace by accepting ghiscari demands (reopening the fighting pits, marrying Hizdaahr etc) and her desire to make everyone fall in line by violence, if necessary. In the end she rejects compromise - not becaues it's not working (it is), but because it's unsatisfying for her. She flies away on her dragon, has a vision quest and accepts her Targaryen identity - not a peacemaker, but a hard ruler.
In the show, Daenerys makes pretentious speeches, kills innocent people to make a point, threatens to feed Hizdahr to a dragon (despite Hizdahr being a genuinely nice guy who dindu nuffin wrong in this version) and then somehow just kills all the Sons of Harpy without affecting civilians and solves all her problems with her dragons. This is stupid. This is not how real life works, and this is not how it will work in the books - it's how Daenerys would want it to work.
Daenerys is utterly whitewashed in the show, just like Jon (who's betrayed for no reason in the show) and Tyrion (who kills Shae out of self-defense and not out of jealousy and vengeance).
>>
Lawful Neurotic
>>
>>51936103
>>51936898
>>51937002
>not accepting the fighting pits, even though they're part of Yunkaii culture, which is a culture of peace
And now you bring up a really interesting point. Reopening fighting pits are really curious in the books, because it's not something Yunkaii demands for no reason - it's something Meereen wants from Dany, because it's part of their culture. Dany rejects it at first out of culture shock, but then decides to compromise. As I wrote before, she then finds compromise too hard, flies away and has character development.
Naturally, none of this is present in the show.
>knows a surprising amount about terrorist tactics
It's common sense. The thing about assymetric warfare is, nobody knows you're a terrorist, while all of your enemies kindly designate themselves as such. In the show, however, all of Sons of Harpy decide to wear golden masks that scream "I'm a terrorist, please murder me". Probably so dothraki will know who to kill.
>admits to being an SJW like it's no big deal
Not an argument.
>(((you)))
Oy vey.
>>
>>51936898
>I say "bad wrigin"
Meant to say "bad writing".
>>
File: 1391699430758.gif (2MB, 265x265px) Image search: [Google]
1391699430758.gif
2MB, 265x265px
>>51925639
came here to post this
>>
File: JmG5e60.jpg (239KB, 1684x1118px) Image search: [Google]
JmG5e60.jpg
239KB, 1684x1118px
>>
File: Dredd MaMa.jpg (375KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dredd MaMa.jpg
375KB, 1920x1080px
>>51936898
>Tragic villain Cersei
No, not tragic. Just Vilainous. Cersei is not a villain you try to understand (like Ozimandias), nor is she a villain that you empathize with (like Darth Vader). She is vain, power-hungry, deranged, ruthless, and written excellently, and this is shown in both the show, and the books. Pic tangentially related

>Nobody cares about show!Sansa
Remember that shitstorm a couple months back when Sansa got kinda-sorta raped by Ramsay? You know, the one where SJWs reacted with more shock and disgust than for any other event in the show.
So, that all happened in my imagination? Good to know.

>Asha losing any agency
Firstly, you're not "losing agency" by delegating tasks to your allies/underlings. In fact, it's the exact opposite of losing agency, since you're the one who is acting upon the ally/underling instead of the other way around.
Secondly, Yara didn't lose any time in the spotlight compared to what she had in the book, Theon simply got more. In the book, Asha says her speech, and then Euron arrives. In the show, Yara says her speech, then Theon said his, then Euron arrives. Nothing wrong with that.

>>51937002
Yeah. She's a shit in the book for reasons ABC, and she's a shit in the show for reasons XYZ. The reason Dany's more successful in the show isn't because she's "whitewashed," but because her plot-line is amalgamated with Aegon's (which is a fair decision).
As for Dany's actions, they're not nearly as bad as you make them out to be. The Sons of Harpy are a good example of this. The reason she was able to kill them all was because she was able to bait them all out with the battle.

>>51937139

>Harpies
To expand on the previous point, it makes sense for terrorists to throw off all pretence of secrecy when their allies are storming the gates and the final battle has come.

>the rest
All jokes, fampai. Did you not get the "culture of peace" bit?
>>
Anyone else have their fingers crossed for a Baelish ascendancy?
>>
File: lil'finger.png (129KB, 334x334px) Image search: [Google]
lil'finger.png
129KB, 334x334px
>>51937615
Never gonna happen; he doesn't know the next step of Varys' master plan.
>>
>>51937655
But Petyr's the more interesting spy master....
>>
>>51937515
> Cersei
Show!Cersei has literally done nothing wrong after season 1, not until she goes on a killing spree in the end of the last season. She genuinely cares for her children, she hates Margaery not because of paranoia and jealousy, but because show!Margaery is a schemer, who genuinely wants to replace Cersei. In the books nobody takes her seriously because she's stupid. In the show, it's because she's a woman. Her raping Taena, sending innocent women to be dissected by a creepy necromancer and trying to kill Bronn because he had the gall to name his baby wrong are all curiously absent from the show.
Once again I'll repeat - in the show right until she blows up a church, she's not a villain at all, she's an accidentally well-written feminist character. And then they suddenly remember - oh, yeah, she's supposed to be an evil bitch, not a sympathetic character. Right.
> Sansa
I'll be blunt here - majority cared because she's she got raped on screen, and they didn't care about her before. Yes, some people cared more about her being merged with Jeyne Pool, some saw it creepy how D&D essentially wrote a revenge fantasy because Sansa didn't like Tyrion, but D&D wanted to A) make people care about an unsympathetic character, B) avoid the hassle of casting another character, C) create controversy and relive the glory days of Red Wedding.
And they succeeded. But Sansa's character was not done any favors.
> Asha
First of all, I'm a big fan of the Kingsmoot chapter. Before I began watching that episode, I swore to God that I'll forgive D&D if they manage to get it right. They don't even need to write anything new - just take lines directly from the books, maybe give some of Victarion's lines to Euron (or maybe some third character, not!Victarion, who will never appear later), just don't fuck it up.
But no, we don't get Asha's genius speech about treasures of the North. We don't get people supporting her peacekeeping efforts.
>>
>>51937515
>>51937844
What we get instead is.
> "I wanna be queen!"
> "You can't be queen, you're a woman."
> "No, my sister totally can be queen."
> "Okay, fine."
Then Euron barges in and starts ranting about his big cock and his non-sensical plan. Merciful Jesus, they absolutely fucked up his character. His plan makes no sense without the Dragonbinder, his rants about his cock are comedy gold, his entire fleet gets stolen right from under his nose... And I now I'm getting sidetracked here, but am I the only one who finds it really problematic how in the show kinslaying's totally not a big deal? Everyone does it, and everyone brags about it! "No man is as accursed as the kinslayer" it says in the books. Well, apparently not!
> Dany
First of all, I want you to defend her treatment of Hizdahr in the show. She marries him by force, she repeatedly threatens him and mistreats him for no reason at all, she publically mocks and humiliates him for being a nice person. He's essentially male version of Sansa.
And no, Harpy's plan made no sense. They were winning with guerilla tactics just fine, but then they decided "Hey, you know what? Let's risk an open confrontation, all of us, despite the fact that we're not warriors". What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>51937844
>>51937972
Show-Cersei had a lot of the same failings that Book-Cersei had (like her alcoholism), and only Did Nothing Wrong during season 2.
Also, Book-Margaery is not quite so innocent as you make her out to be. She still takes part in her fair share of schemes; the one difference being that they're Mace's and Olenna's schemes that she takes part in, not her own.

They cared about Sansa before her rape, too. I distinctly remember that she had a large and particularly annoying fanbase from before the rape.
Plus, her rape was not nearly the worst that's been in the show; many characters got far worse. It was their love of Sansa that made them care about it so much.

Obviously the Kingsmoot scene was shit in the show. Obviously Yara's speech was less epic than the one she had in the book. Obviously they fucked up Euron's character.
But did they emasculate (well, "emasculate") Yara to the degree you're implying? No, they did not. Every part of the scene was shittier, with Yara given a fair share of the shittiness.

The Harpies' plan made a ton of sense. The Wise Masters are launching their final offensive on the city; now is their time to strike, to give their allies even a slight advantage in the ongoing battle.
The only thing they did that made no sense was commit their entire force, instead of leaving some in reserve. But it's not too surprising that they didn't know any better; like you said, they're not warriors.
>>
>A sjw and a polack are having a healthy discussion about pros and cons of a fantasy book adaptation
Truly /tg/ brings out the best out of people
>>
>>51937515
>(which is a fair decision).

Nah. Dany was never meant to return to Westeros. She'll go to Asshai. You notice how we haven't had any Qaithe scenes and they dropped it after Qarth was over. Season 2 was the beginning of the end for the show, but I'll stand by that Season 1 is probably the most faithful adaptation of a book to a television series I've ever seen. There are a few changes, but most of them minor or just appearance changes.
>>
>>51924558
It doesn't take a hivemind to recognize the Targaryans as psychopaths.
>>
>>51939101
>Dany will go to Asshai
No. GRRM has said himself that it's unlikely that we'll see Asshai, if only through a flashback (in a Melisandre chapter, perhaps)
>B-b-b-but to reach west she must go east
Yes, east, to the dothraki sea.
>>
>>51939101
>Dany was never meant to return to Westeros
How else are the Other going to burn in dragonfire? Like, if you have a better solution to the return of Long Night, I'm all ears.
>>
>>51939200
GRRM is also a notorious liar. In any case, even if I did accept the melding of Dany and Aegon's stories, it's entirely mishandled, both in Dorne, and in the culmination of Dany's story in Mereen. It's garbage, and melding it with two of what are far superior stories in the book isn't going to save it. Even if they'd been faithful to Dorne.

She'll probably still go to Asshai.
>>
>>51939226
Just like how they burned in dragon fire the first time? First of all, how are the Others going to get beyond the Wall? The magic there should be getting stronger due to the Dragons being born. And besides that, Dany has no control over the other two Dragons, and I very much doubt she'd be able to tame them, as she's already tamed Drogon. A fact the show happily skipped over in favor of wrapping things up in the most haphazard, normie-satisfying way.
>>
Since this seems to be the asoiaf general now, what do people think will be the ending of the series?
My theory:
>White walkers soundly defeated, but not destroyed - they retreat to the Lands of Always Winter and start gathering power again.
>Jon and Daenerys both don't survive until the end, dragons die, the age of heroes ends again. But the eggs remain, and dragons may come back once more.
>Seven Kingdoms split again. Sansa is queen of the North and Riverlands, Tyrion is king of the Rock.
>>
>>51939352
A mixture of 1 and 3. Westeros is just to fractured to be ever united.
>>
>>51939344
The Wall's wards have been getting weaker for generations. Any boost they've gotten from 2 years of Dragons is negligible compared to their previous 8300 years of neglect.
As for the other dragons, they're probably gonna be tamed by other Valyrian-blooded characters of import, of which they are many.
>>
>>51939344
> The wall
Anon, the wall is not going to stand for long. Did you forgot about that one magic horn that can bring the whole thing down? If there's a gun hanging on the wall in act 1, it will be used to shoot somebody in act 3.
>>
File: Absolutely_Andal.jpg (159KB, 600x709px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely_Andal.jpg
159KB, 600x709px
>>51935807
>>51935901
Blackfyres please go
>>
>>51939854
Bittersteel Did Nothing Wrong!
Remove Bloodraven!
>>
>>51939854
Blackfyres are the TRUE Targs, by blood and legitimisation.
AEGON not Dany
All Daeron's line did is getting themselves rekt by a fat fuck over a stupid northern cunt mixed by lunacy of old prick, ending Valyrian rule over the Andal animals forever.
Aerys II would never be born into the only legit line.
>>
>>51940375
Aren't they the reason why there was so many civil war
>>
>>51937454
>TFW STANNISBROS.
God I hope he becomes kings in the novels. If Martin kills him, im done.
>>
>>51924095
>die
>not reading the books
(he's probably still alive in the show anyway because it's just shitty wish fulfillment at this point)
>>
File: Wyman_Manderly_by_cabepfir.jpg (147KB, 510x575px) Image search: [Google]
Wyman_Manderly_by_cabepfir.jpg
147KB, 510x575px
Reminder that Wyman Manderly fed the Boltons Frey Pies. Reminder that Arya can't even follow Manderly's cook book right.
>>
>>51940044
Except killing almost all the blackfyres
>>
>>51923810
Lawful Neutral in books & show.
Book Stannis is obvious, and Show Stannis because he died with his contract.
>>
>>51933693
Telling Jon he had to burn down the weirwood to be Lord of Winterfell was dumb. Jon might have accepted, otherwise. What's Melisandre gonna do, sulk?
>>
>>51937655
You're a small guy.

>>51942430
He's never gonna be king (despite all the laws of Westeros,) so the best we can hope for is for Stannis to smash the Boltons, unite the North against the Others, and die standing, flaming sword in hand. Maybe if we're really lucky the epilogue, if the fat man ever finishes the series, we'll have some Northerners or Stormlanders wishing he was still around to sit the throne, not Jon or Dany.
>>
>>51943841
>You're a small guy.
For you
>>
>>51923810
He definitely wouldn't be the psychopathic despot Aerys and Joffrey were, if that's what you're asking. And most of the common people would probably like him just fine - it's the nobility that's in question. If his behavior after the Battle of Castle Black is any indication, Stannis isn't the type to "brush off" nobles assaulting peasant women. The commonfolk would probably love him for that - the nobility, not so much.

Sad to say Martin will kill him because muh deconstruction. all while he plays the cliche straight with Daenerys with minor hiccups in the grand scheme of things and somewhat with Jon
>>
>>51943752
It mel didn't speak. Jon would have accepted the offer. Imagine he and stannis fighting side by side. Almosy like Robert and Ned
>>
>>51925382
I thought the idea was you were supposed to sort-of sympathize with Cersei, but also acknowledge that's she's an utter cunt at the same time?
>>
>>51946509
Cersei does nothing wrong. Literally. All the evil shit she does is either given to Joffrey. Or turn out to be justified.
>>
>>51946571
Like when she orders the scraps from the royal wedding to be given to the dogs instead of the poor, just so she can actually exercise power over something?
>>
File: 1402345601534.jpg (79KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
1402345601534.jpg
79KB, 570x570px
>>51924558

Targaryens are psychopaths.

There is no debate to be had about this.

>something not working out? burn it alive!

Muh dragons
>>
>>
>>51946690
Some Targaryens were and are sociopaths. A lot of this stems from the fact that when you own a dragon every problem you encounter looks like kindling.
>>
>>51946626
Said evil not petty
>>
File: 20_big.jpg (124KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
20_big.jpg
124KB, 500x700px
>>51946707

Visenya looks more like a man than Aegon.
>>
>>51946751
Didn't she kill her nephew so her son could rule?
>>
>>51946727
You said "Cersei does nothing wrong. Literally."

But okay then, what about when she does everything she can to have Tyrion convicted for murdering Joffrey?
>>
File: visenya_targaryen_and_vhagar_.jpg (4MB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
visenya_targaryen_and_vhagar_.jpg
4MB, 2480x3508px
>>51946762
Seems probable. Maegor's rule certainly went down the pipes when she died, which would bear that out.
>>
File: Visenya_riding_Vhagar.jpg (403KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Visenya_riding_Vhagar.jpg
403KB, 1280x720px
>>51946762

We don't really have a definite answer to this, but given that he died under her care, yeah, chances are more than likely she offed him.
>>
>>51946791
>>51946782
Her son showed the signs of targareyns madness
>>
File: 7YkFdeM.jpg (97KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
7YkFdeM.jpg
97KB, 600x800px
>>51946904
Showed?

He had half his wives murdered, for god's sake, he killed his own nephew, all the builders of the Red Keep, thousands of people during the Faith Militant revolt (not to mention when he burned down the sept of remembrance), and that's just all the ones I can remember!

They called him Maegor the Cruel, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>51946904
All Targaryens were mad, except for maybe Jahaerys I, Viserys I, Daeron II and Maekar.
>>
>>51946965
Er, you forgot one.
>>
>>51946965
Aegon I was good
>>
>>51946975
Who, exactly? Aenys I, who decided it was a good idea to continue sibling incest when the church and the nobility clearly said "no"? Aenys II and Jahaerys II, both obsessed by prophecy? Aegon V, who burned downed his castle and killed most of his family trying to revive dragons? No, they were all mad, with some being madder than others.
>>51946992
He was an incestuous megalomaniac, but maybe he was one of the more stable ones.
>>
>>51947053
>Aegon V, who burned downed his castle and killed most of his family trying to revive dragons?
Only at the end. Before that he was one of the best kings Westeros ever had, to the point where Varys and co are doing some "boys from brazil" shtick to try and get lightning to strike twice.

It was only after he was risking having all his plans fall apart that he tried to revive the dragons.

I wonder what actually happened at Summerhall. Some of the scant information we have indicates that Dunk being there was one of the only reasons anyone survived it at all.
>>
>>51947053
>>51947109
Prince rhaegar was also mad
>>
>>51947109
I don't think it's a big mystery. Egg wanted dragons to enable his enlightened despotism, called some foreign wizards and all his family to Sumerhall and burned the place down. Maybe he intended to sacrifice Rhaella and the unborn Rhaegar, a bit like what Danaerys did.
I'm pretty sure the maesters/faceless men/sea lord of Bravos weren't involved in it.
>>
>>51947160
Idk. Giving peasants rights seems stupid
>>
>>51947176
What's stupid and insane is trying to impose it through dragons you revive using sorcery and sacrificing family members.
>>
File: Fat whore.jpg (330KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
Fat whore.jpg
330KB, 500x700px
>>51946962

And let's not forget, Rhaenyra was called Maegor with teats.
>>
>>51947208
Yeah. Wonder if Daenarys is going to turn out like her.

Assuming she doesn't end up marrying Euron, that is.
>>
File: 1400241582868.jpg (8KB, 231x240px) Image search: [Google]
1400241582868.jpg
8KB, 231x240px
>>51947230

>A rich woman came, whose husband and sons had died defending the city walls. During the sack she had fled to her brother in fear. When she returned, she found her house had been turned into a brothel. The whores had bedecked themselves in her jewels and clothes. She wanted her house back, and her jewels. “They can keep the clothes,” she allowed. Dany granted her the jewels but ruled the house was lost when she abandoned it.
>>
>>51928777
if there's one thing I could never support it's catelyn extreme hatred for Jon. Even if he's a reminder of "ned cheating", by christ he didn't ask for any of this
>>
>>51947368
I remember house tully trash talking Jon
>>
>>51947409
Remind me why didn't Arya head to the Wall? She knows Jon is in charge there, and she loves him.
>>
>>51947368
>>51947409
Yeah, that stung a bit, coming from the Blackfish.

He's never even *met* Jon, doesn't even seem to know his name, and yet he assumes he must be a Lannister stooge purely because Catelyn didn't like him and because he's a bastard.
>>
>>51947368
In Westeros, bastards are expected to usurp their true born siblings whenever they have the chance, and there are quite a few examples of this in the books.
>>51947439
Because the ship she found didn't go to the wall.
>>
>>51947466
You can't fault catelyn. She even said Jon might not try to do that. But his sons or grandsons? She was trying to avert a blackfyre situation
>>
>>51947494
I'm actually defending her. The Tullys are my favorite house.
>>
>>51947466
>treat bastards like shit the exact moment they are born
>bar them from being at giant feasts that the family hosts
>send them off alot of the time to god knows where

Well no fucking wonder they try to usurp shit
>>
>>51947368
Least she didn't pull a Cersei and have him killed. Although Ned probably would've gone psycho if she'd done that.
>>
File: Daemon_Blackfyre.jpg (43KB, 300x420px) Image search: [Google]
Daemon_Blackfyre.jpg
43KB, 300x420px
>>51947539
>>
>>51947563

I think I read a piece like that, where Catelyn tried to have Jon killed, Ned was actually a stone cold psycho and sent her off to Bear Island where she got killed by some Ironborn raiders.
>>
>>51947539
Domeric Bolton treated his bastard brother well. He was poisoned for his troubles. Aegon IV always treated Daemon Blackfyre like a trueborn son, and he tried to usurp the (supposedly) legitimate Daeron. So yes, I can see what makes Catelyn nervous.
>>
>>51947578
Ooh, can you remember what that was called?

Sounds interesting.
>>
>>51947589
In fairness, Ramsay was probably due to being sired by Roose, more than anything. Some evidence for sociopathy being genetic.
>>
>>51947589
Ramsay was known to be a evil creature, though. And Daemon was legitimized, that's a fair claim on the throne.

I understrand that Jon might be days or even a few months older than Robb, so if legitimized he would gain an advantage, but that's not the same as literally staring him down with a resting bitch face until he leaves a room. All throughout his entire life
>>
>>51947590

Sorry, no.

I can take a look for it in one place I usually browse for it.
>>
File: GUQVws9.jpg (733KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
GUQVws9.jpg
733KB, 1920x1200px
>>51947696
If you wouldn't mind?
>>
File: REMOVE LANNISTER.jpg (54KB, 674x713px) Image search: [Google]
REMOVE LANNISTER.jpg
54KB, 674x713px
>>51947715

It's going to take me a while, there's no specific keyword that could help me look for it.
>>
>>51947624
Nobody is evil in a song of ice and fire
>>
>>51947832
I'm pretty sure that, if true evil is a thing, Ramsay Snow is it.
>>
File: ramsay_in_winterfell_.jpg (559KB, 753x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ramsay_in_winterfell_.jpg
559KB, 753x1000px
>>51947857
Forgot pic.
>>
>>51947176
Well, thank fuck for Tywin revoking those rights not much later
>>
>>51947109
MAESTERS DID SUMMERHALL.
>>
>>51947605
Ramsay is still quite a different stroke sociopath than Roose
>>
>>51948031
Well, with Ramsay it's more developed into outright psychopathy.

The difference, as I understand it, is that Ramsay only sees other people as existing for his own amusement. And Roose doesn't see them as people at all.
>>
>>51948047
Ramsay sees them as toys for his amusment. Roose sees thembas pawns inba game. Who, if mistreated can kill you.
>>
>People still think there's going to be a king or queen of all Westeros when this is all over
Dannys gonna burn the southern half of the continent because that's all she's good for, and Johns gonna lose everything north of the Neck before beating the White Walkers

Failing that, Danny, John and the dragons are all gonna die fighting the White Walkers, and Petyr gets shived by Sansa
>>
File: 0wGQnLC.jpg (89KB, 2048x1173px) Image search: [Google]
0wGQnLC.jpg
89KB, 2048x1173px
>>51948156
Hell, maybe they'll all die, and Snow will be what sits on the Iron Throne.
>>
>>51948166
Best ending
>>
>>51947732
>>51947715

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11959399/1/A-Sword-Cuts-A-Swordsman
>>
>>51925532
To be fair, the northmen have odd ideas about nobility, and even if he is a bastard, Jon is a MAN, and not made complicated by two marriages, one technically still in effect.
>>
>>51948166
Actually the ending I'm now hoping for
>>
>>51928962
Jon has never tried to take the title of Warden or King in the North. He refused when Stannis offered. He tried to give Winterfell over to Salsa. He made no attempt to assert his right to rule over anyone. In the show, he gets the title due to Salsa's indifference and popular acclaim.

Cat was a stupid cunt, vicious and petty, and directly responsible for about half of the bad shit that happens.
>>
>>51929360
Shireen will burn, but it's gonna be his bitch wife wot does it, since he brought neither with him to the battle.
>>
>>51929731
Stannis quite liked Jon, though he was loathe to show it.
>>
>>51946962
>>51946904

To be fair he only started going mad after getting put in a coma following his fight against Damon Morrigen.
>>
What are the chances GURM makes her evil?

Dany I mean
>>
>>51949032
She's already evil
>>
>>51949109
Not to normies.

They think she's benevolent and heroic as fuck.
>>
>>51947260
>It's okay to steal a widows home to make a brothel, if said widow feared for her life after her entire family had been killed.

She really is the worst ruler.
>>
>>51937810
U U U U
>>
>>51948156
Why would she burn them, like... who's fucking left for her to be pissed at?

Aegon maybe?
Like is she going to murder everyone because she's mad at Aegon?
>>
When people say that S1 was the most faithful adaptation of the books, with only minor differences which were changed for the best, what was it that made S2 so much worse in that aspect?
As having read the books and seen the show, I can't immediately come up with anything that was a major change, other than Jeyne/Talisa
>>
>>51950485
Of the top of my head:
>No Tullys
>The Iron born go from deluded glory hounds to cowardly backstabbers
>No Ramsay as Reek
>Jon's plot is completely butchered. He spends half his screen time getting pushed around by Ygritte instead of being taught the ropes of ranging and being given his mission to infiltrate the wildlings
>Danaerys' visions are a mixed bag. There's the nice scene with Drogo and the baby, but no wolf king dying and no mummer's dragon
>Renly's assassination being explicitly ordered by Stannis, and having Davos row Melisandre when there was no real reason for it.
>>
File: 1486184083503.gif (2MB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1486184083503.gif
2MB, 245x245px
Did he ever stand a chance? Even the battle of Blackwater bay was fucked by events beyond his control
>>
>>51923810
lawful lawful
>>
>>51923810
True Lawful, but he's a human, not a modron, so he's able to bend the laws slightly when he really needs to.
>>
>>51953411
He did. Battle of blackwater was just deus ex machina for the lannisters
>>
>>51924161
...and Moon Boy, for all I know.
>>
Is tywin really smart. I mean his actions in the first novel was extremely Idiotic if Robert didn't die.
>>
>>51956419
Robert was a cuck
>>
>>51957837
The last time someone started shit. the Iron Island were rekt
>>
>>51957874
Because stannis btfo victarion. Robert should have killed himself when his wifu died
>>
>>51958076
Robert shouldn't have married a fucking Lannister.
>>
>>51923810
Lawful Master of Ships, Lord of Dragonstone, Lord of Storm's End, Lord Paramount of the Stormlands, Protector of the Realm, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Heir to the Iron Throne.
>>
>>51923810
Lawful "I'm going to do what I feel is necessary even if it ends up with the world, including myself, hating me."
>>
Any links to the rpg? Getting into the books after my gf wanted to watch the shows it is my wish that dany dies but my gf loves her and Arya
>>
>>51959311
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6sar1o14399xv/A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire_Roleplaying_(SIFRP)

Here you go. I've heard that the Night's Watch expansion is a good deal better than the vanilla game, as it cuts out a lot of the more awkward stuff from the original.
>>
>>51959375
>>51959311
There's also a dual-system d20/Tri-Stat one around if you want to see that.
>>
>>51924095
>Die
Funny thing, in an interview literally right before that episode aired, the two directors were making a huge deal about how they killed Ned Stark on screen, because it being on screen means it definitely happened. They made a huge deal about how cut aways, and camera point of view mattered a fuckton from a directing and writing standpoint in showing whether a character is actually dead or the audience is being led to believe he is. Few minutes later, and we have a cut-away of Brienne striking at something off camera, with no Stannis body shown.

I have to think that the two directors were trying to create a worse kept secret than the fact that Jon Snow was coming back.
>>
>>51959465
And he's confirmed dead which pisses me off
>>
File: stannisbaratheon_.jpg (956KB, 560x1200px) Image search: [Google]
stannisbaratheon_.jpg
956KB, 560x1200px
>>51959465
>>51959656
Don't worry, here he is!
>>
>>51925372
Remember that in the books Cersei views swallowing Robert's semen as a victory. Perfect feminist role model.

Her POV chapters in Feast also show that she is a paranoid alcoholic whose entire thought process stems from a single prophecy she heard as a child, and sees enemies in literally everyone, including her uncle and Jaime.
>>
>>51959656
But Brienne honor in keep her Oath in killing Stannis while he was trying to help the Starks. How can you be so narrow minded
>>
>>51925472
In the books she is growing into a very interesting character, becoming a schemer under the tutelage of Littlefinger, at roughly the same pace at which Arya is becoming an assassin, Jon is becoming a leader, and Bran is becoming a god (deciduous).
>>
>>51959716
>reanimated by white walkers
>it appears they can't control him
>he kills them with his magic sword and claims the throne commanding an undead army
>even in death, Stannis is still the rightful king
>>
File: renly_.jpg (930KB, 707x1000px) Image search: [Google]
renly_.jpg
930KB, 707x1000px
>>51959818
First he's got to get through someone else, though.
>>
>>51947605
And raised by Reek, the Bolton version of "We've purposely trained him wrong, as a joke."
>>
>>51947368
That's what happens when you're raised to prioritize (your) Family over Duty and Honor.
>>
>>51923810
I'm going to say True Neutral and here's why: The Law and Honor and all of that means jack and shit to Stannis unless it supports him. He talks a big game, but the moment that the duties of the Night Watch prevented them from taking sides is the moment when their oaths and duties no longer matter because they inconvenienced him.
>>
>>51947230
>if Danaerys is going to turn out like her
>if
>>
>>51946965
>Baelor Breakspear
>The sons of Aegon 5
>>
File: Maelys_the_monstrous2_png.png (2MB, 1001x1520px) Image search: [Google]
Maelys_the_monstrous2_png.png
2MB, 1001x1520px
>>51946965
Daemon, the cousin of Maelys was normal. relatively speaking
>>
>>51945404
The books are a deconstruction everywhere. Daeny fucks up everything by trying to bend a foreign culture to her own values, and Jon Snow made so many unpopular decisions that his sworn men betrayed him.

I'm sure at least one cliche will be played straight, but definitely not with Daeny or Jon.
>>
>>51960056
What do we even know about that guy other than that he got his head squished by Maelys?
>>
A lawful good asshole.

He follows a strict code of laws that he believes will benefit the realm. He sees the royal shit ruining the kingdom he rightfully has claim to, and sets out to claim it
>>
>>51959656
Blatant lies. just like Jon Snow is dead and definitely not coming back.
>>
>>51959736
Because Brienne can't protect shit
>>
>>51959853
Whos that?
>>
>>51960094
What. Daeny is allowed to fuck up something major and get away with it with no repercussion. Tyrion? Robb and Catelyn? Sansa? Jon? Bran? Davos and Stannis? Theon? Eddard?
>>
>>51960461
The thing about Dany is that she has resources which others would kill to have. Dragons, soldiers loyal as the Unsullied, etc. She's got so much to fall back on that her failures don't bite so hard. This does lead to her becoming barely capable without good support & a terrible ruler despite her talents. She's basically a female Robert. She can win the battle with all her assets but not rule the kingdom she conquered afterwards.
>>
File: 100% stannis.jpg (36KB, 363x475px) Image search: [Google]
100% stannis.jpg
36KB, 363x475px
>>51923810
Lawful Based
>>
>>51946762
And this is why you don't do polygamy kids. It just results in one wife killing all your other children as soon as you're not around
>>
>>51960916
Don't dolphins do that?
>>
>>51960256
D&D hated Stannis, Brienne said she killed him and Roose mentioned his body. Show Stannis is dead and isn't coming back
>>
File: Meiling.jpg (378KB, 1200x1706px) Image search: [Google]
Meiling.jpg
378KB, 1200x1706px
>>51960999
>D&D hated Stannis
Well no shit. he was the underdog. He was the king who cared. Unlike their fucking favorite Daenerys "I'm going to kill you, with no proofs' targaryen
>>
File: 1485860010001.gif (249KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1485860010001.gif
249KB, 500x375px
>>51923810
I will bet every penny to my name that the actual ending of Stannis is that he burns himself alive to prevent the Wall from falling.

That has to be the ending. It's the only one that makes sense for Book Stannis. Mel is going to say something about king's blood assuming that he'll be tempted to burn his daughter, and instead he'll just walk onto the pyre and fry himself.

>>51924156
I'm going to open a coffee shop and sell two identical drinks: Espresso and Expresso, except Espresso will cost a dollar more for no reason. I will do this so that I can watch every hipster cunt who walks in my door sell their dignity and integrity to me for a dollar.
>>
>>51960298
Renly
>>
>>51960929
Probably. Dolphins are assholes.
>>
>>51961048
It's a damn shame people give me shit for not riding Jon or Dany's cock when I mention I wanted Stannis to take the throne
>>
>>51959930
But he gave men to the Night's Watch when the other kings didn't give them shit
>>
>>51923810
In the books he's LN, leaning heavily on LG.
>>
File: 1437552808452.jpg (13KB, 270x187px) Image search: [Google]
1437552808452.jpg
13KB, 270x187px
>>51961048
What's that from?
>>
>>51961444
That doesn't change the fact that they aren't allowed to get involved. Oaths only mean anything if they benefit Stannis.
>>
>>51961538
>Oaths only mean anything if they benefit Stannis.
No he values Oaths. He left the Nightwatch because he needed to liberate the North from House Bolton. Jon is even giving him counsel.
>>
File: Dork.png (672KB, 1062x1314px) Image search: [Google]
Dork.png
672KB, 1062x1314px
>>51961505
https://nhentai.net/g/100626/
>>
I wonder if the Yronwoods will be able to take their kingdom back from Rhoynar rule.

Make Dorne Great Again?
>>
>>51961828
Well, it's only been... hundreds, maybe thousands of years, sure, why not?
>>
>>51961828
By far the most unbelievable part of the show is how a mistress and three bastards managed to take control over the political mess that is Dorne.
>>
>>51961931
But muh revenge anon.
>Muh revenge.
>Kill Stannis so we can have more dorne time. We need strong independent women
>>
>>51961948
At least having Olenna in the last scene made it halfway watchable.

Although that's probably because she told most of them to shut up.
>>
>>51961948
Y'know, in spite of everything, I still ship Bronn/Tyene.

Those tits can get me to forgive an awful lot.
>>
>>51959930
He's an absolute monarch, he's allowed to interfere where he pleases if he judges it in the interest of the realm. He's also aware they're up against an endless army of ice demons; these are exceptional circumstances.
>>
File: Ramsay.jpg (262KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
Ramsay.jpg
262KB, 800x500px
>Your false king is dead, bastard. He and all his host were smashed in seven days of battle. I have his magic sword. Tell his red whore.

>Your false king's friends are dead. Their heads upon the walls of Winterfell. Come see them, bastard. Your false king lied, and so did you. You told the world you burned the King-Beyond-the-Wall. Instead you sent him to Winterfell to steal my bride from me.

>I will have my bride back. If you want Mance Rayder back, come and get him. I have him in a cage for all the north to see, proof of your lies. The cage is cold, but I have made him a warm cloak from the skins of the six whores who came with him to Winterfell.

>I want my bride back. I want the false king's queen. I want his daughter and his red witch. I want this wildling princess. I want his little prince, the wildling babe. And I want my Reek. Send them to me, bastard, and I will not trouble you or your black crows. Keep them from me, and I will cut out your bastard's heart and eat it.

>Ramsay Bolton, Trueborn Lord of Winterfell.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>51961063
That'd be a pretty miserable ending, even with his actions being noble, since there's no way in hell the wall will still be standing come the end of the next book.
>>
>>51962241
t. Mance Rayder.
>>
>>51962241
That Ramsay's an absolute mad man
>>
>>51962260

Are you honestly expecting Stannis to anything but a miserable death?
>>
>>51962260
It's literally how Stannis works.

Nothing good has ever happened to him, his entire life is one of sacrifice for the good of others.
>>
File: 1338030176065.jpg (186KB, 600x972px) Image search: [Google]
1338030176065.jpg
186KB, 600x972px
>>51962241

All you have I gave you. You would do well to remember that, bastard. As for this … Reek … if you have not ruined him beyond redemption, he may yet be of some use to us. Get the keys and remove those chains from him, before you make me rue the day I raped your mother.
>>
File: _Widows_Wail.jpg (811KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
_Widows_Wail.jpg
811KB, 900x900px
>>51962354
Why should I? Everyone knows it's true. My father won all the battles. He killed Prince Rhaegar and took the crown, while your father was hiding under Casterly Rock. A strong king acts boldly, he doesn't just talk.
>>
>>51946965
Maester Aemon seemed to a rational man
Maybe a tad weird, but he was 100, so I write that down to his age instead of his ancestry
>>
>>51955388
10/10
>>
>>51955388
Made me chuckle
>>
>>51962241
>Believing a sociopath on his words

I wouldn't trust Ramsay on what color is the sky, I'm not gonna start doing it about him claiming "glorious deeds".
>>
File: good-guy-ramsay-game-of-thrones.jpg (58KB, 431x341px) Image search: [Google]
good-guy-ramsay-game-of-thrones.jpg
58KB, 431x341px
>>51965195
Ramsay is a good guy
>>
>>51962266
Its Stannis that wrote the letter
>>
>>51962318
Him being king
>>
>>51966145
>Implying he his not already king
>>
File: 69364.png (709KB, 1280x699px) Image search: [Google]
69364.png
709KB, 1280x699px
>>51966168
The king of our hearts
>>
>>51966324
Well and de facto Storm King + De Jure King of the Iron Throne.
>>
File: image.png (133KB, 300x196px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
133KB, 300x196px
>>51962354
Stannis had one good thing happen to him. He had Shireen
>>
>>51968987
Stannis has no relationship with Shireen in the books.

The only good change they made was the Stannis/Shireen relationship, which they then ruined with his burning of her.

>Okay so Stannis loves his sickly little kid that his wife absolutely loathes, because she is symbolic of her failure to deliver as proper heir.
>Okay so Stannis murders her for no reason.
>Okay so the mother is sad about this.
>>
>>51969135
The only good change they made to STANNIS I should say.

They honestly also gave Renly way better bantz.

>Born of Salt And Smoke?
>Is he a ham?
>>
>>51960096

His name was Daemon and he was the commander of the Golden Company until his head got squished.
>>
>>51969494
The Blackfyre pretender
>>
File: Robert.jpg (383KB, 892x1242px) Image search: [Google]
Robert.jpg
383KB, 892x1242px
SO which Baratheon is best Baratheon and why is it Bobby B?
>>
>>51971812
Bobby B is objectively the worst Baratheon
>>
>>51971812
Bobby B was pretty good, but when finally king he became shit
Also, he was an unnecessary dick to Stannis
>>
>>51971873
Weird way writing Renly
Renly could easily have had it all, sharing it with his brother
If he didn't think himself to be king, all would be good
He would have inlfuence in ruling the realm, be heir to Stannis and together they would have easily crushed the Lannisters and the Northerners
>>
File: Ned.jpg (60KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
Ned.jpg
60KB, 300x400px
>>51971874
Stannis didn't kill the Targaryeon brats and plus Dragonstone is a reward. Plus traditionally it's where the heir ruled. Stannis should consider himself lucky since Robert didn't give it to real brother
>>
>>51971919
So why did D&D think that Renly would have been a better King than Stannis?
>>
>>51971982
This are the same people who conaider cersei a good mother
>>
File: 1454112114700.jpg (52KB, 636x597px) Image search: [Google]
1454112114700.jpg
52KB, 636x597px
>tfw rewatching all the comfy scenes with Tywin, Tyrion or Stannis from S1 to S4
Man it was so good back then
>>
>>51971982
They don't. This is why they cut out all of Renly's character flaws.
>>
>>51972181
But in one extras they said Renly would be the one to fix the problems in the Seven Kingdoms or some bullshit like that.
>>
>>51972231
Maybe they were saying it sarcastically, but weren't conveying it in the tone. It's surprising how much that happens.
>>
>>51972231
Then it's because they are dumbfucks, who don't actually understand asoiaf. Isn't it obvious from the last few seasons?
The North remembers my ass.
>>
>>51972265
Funny how the Manderly's ended up remembering better than the Glovers and Umbers.

>tfw a fat Reachman fuck is a better Northerner than you
>>
>>51972302
Manderly are fucking based tough, at least in the book. After all

>I am fat, and many think that makes me weak and foolish.

Except he his not.
>>
>>51972565
Manderly and Sam are fat man's self-inserts.
>>
>>51972573
Sam is litteraly Samwise, founder of house Gardener tough. Even the fatman admit it.
>>
>>51953411
Highly unlikely. He was always too unpopular with the nobility to stake his claim. Regardless of how legitimate we know his claim to be, there's too little proof of it in universe and too little to gain by supporting him over other candidates.

The only thing I can possible think of is offering to marry Willas Tyrell to Shereen after Renly's death. Even then, there's no guarantee that they wouldn't choose the Lannisters because Loras hates Stannis and Olenna would probably prefer working with Tywin
>>
>>51958296
No one else to marry. The Tully girls were taken and Cersei was the only girl from a great house or marriageable age
>>
>>51973181
>Olenna would probably prefer working with Tywin
Because Stannis ain't got time for bullshit that is playing the game.
>>
>>51973202
And that's why he has few allies and resources and had basically no chance of winning.
>>
>>51973328
The Lannister Government is failing. So its rather moot if he has no chance to win
>>
>>51973328
> Tywin plays the game of thrones - schemes and betrays his way to the (behind) the throne.
> Killed by his own son, his legacy falls apart almost immediately and Lannisters are basically doomed.
> Ned does not play the game of thrones, chooses principles and justice instead.
> Gets killed, but his vassals choose vengeance for him over quiet and comfy lives, even though they get nothing out of it.
> When that fails due to asshole Boltons, they conspire to kill the traitors and get Ned's children back on the throne, even though they get nothing out of it.
Really makes you think
>>
>>51969135

He doesn't have much of a relationship with anyone not called Davos.

However, he stil cares for her as much as he cares for anyone. From WoW:

"Your Grace, if you are dead —"
"You will avenge my death, and seat my daughter on the Iron Throne. Or die in the attempt."
>>
>>51973454
Roose got the short stick
>>
>>51973905
Roose will come out on top. He'll beat Stannis just like in the show
>>
File: 1467013962191.jpg (193KB, 680x768px) Image search: [Google]
1467013962191.jpg
193KB, 680x768px
>>51948156
There's only one way this story ends.
>>
>>51976620
>White Walkers are supposedly the greatest threat
>5 books in 2 left
>nobody knows anyfhing about them
>they still haven't done anything worth noting
>instead of developing one plotline, fat memer makes up dozens of them and then kills them immediately so that they have no real impact on the story
>5 fucking books of Daeaedsaneaerys fucking around in some forgotten slaver states and having diarrhea instead of actually moving forward to her throne
>every single interesting character is either dead or abandoned by the author
I hate this stupid arrogant fat hack.
>>
>>51969149
>is he a ham?
Nigger that's literally verbatim from the book.
You know, like most of the actual witty lines.
>>
>>51976857
But Winter's finally here. They gonna do it boy
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.