/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Superhero games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1403962994793.jpg (360KB, 550x784px) Image search: [Google]
1403962994793.jpg
360KB, 550x784px
What's a better system for superhero games: the AW Masks, or Marvel Heroic? My players and I don't want a lot of crunch getting in the way.
>>
>>51923736
GURPS
U
R
P
S
>>
>>51923736
M&M
>>
M&M if you want good, HERO system if you want great, and Savage Worlds if you're fresh off the 5e boat or you want everyone to stat out a character in the next half-hour and be ready to play.
>>
>>51923931
GURPS if you want best, and you aren't such a pussy, pussy. You a damned pussy.
>>
>>51924023
GURPS if you're the kind of prick who actually gives a fuck about Lois Lane being chopped in thirds when superman catches her at terminal velocity. Or you already know how to playe GURPS. Let's face it, your system is everyone's second choice in virtually any category outside hard Sci-Fi and Tacticool campaigns. It's balanced mechanically, but suffers from the fact that you have to add or subtract so many circumstancial bonuses every time you play it's easier to play with an accounting machine on hand to keep track of the bonuses and penalties from the crosswind, the speed of a moving boat, the calmness of the waters, the daylight... it's just ridiculous.

It's a powerful tool, don't get me wrong, but that's just it. It's not so much an rpg system as it is a tool to build one. Every new campaign requires the GM to build up the rules of the game before you even consider asking the group to make characters.

Feel free to tell me where I'm wrong, I'm in the mood for a nice, long, and pointless argument thread. Oh, and don't worry, I've been medically diagnosed as a sperg, I deal with insomnia, and I'm off my meds for the day, so there'll be no shortage of autistic replies to your bait.
>>
>>51924375
You're wrong. GURPS Action has you covered with simple, one-size-fits-all difficulty modifiers and just a general streamlining for action-movie-esque games. No reason why some of the rules can't be adapted for a Supers game.
>>
>>51924618
>You're Wrong, you just have to use this supplement in combination with everything else you're already using to simplify everything.
Only in GURPS do you simplify things by using an additional supplement.

Say that actually works as advertised... that still doesn't change the fact that it's a toolkit rather than a system. In fact your point only further reinforces that.

This is really the issue with GURPS. It's not a single system that you can use for everything. It's a ruleset that becomes a brand new system that you have to rebuild every time you want to run something different. Yeah, the core mechanic never changes... but that's just it! The core mechanic is the only thing that doesn't change! Sure you can put all your effort into learning this one system, and it might become easier, but by that time I could have already learned and started running another, simpler system that does exactly what I wanted it to with no trouble and faster character creation to boot.
>>
i like wild talents/godlike personally, though I admit it has a boatload of issues.

other than that, I think mutants and masterminds is the most popular, though i've never tried it myself
>>
>>51924375
>you have
EVERYTHING in GURPS is optional. The idea that "it's in the rulebook so I must use it" is a bad meme started by D&D nerds.

>>51924739
>It's a ruleset that becomes a brand new system that you have to rebuild every time you want to run something different.

That's a pretty silly statement. It's like saying AD&D 2e becomes a different system depending on on if you use Forgotten Realms, Ravenloft, Al-Qadim, or Dark Sun because they each have unique rules for PCs or 3.5 is a different system if you ban Fighters but allow Bo9S.

You're just biased against GURPS
>>
>>51923736
Faserip
>>
>>51924999
In this thread? Yeah, sure. In another thread I'll defend it with just as much gusto.

Anyway, it's become abundantly clear that OP is, at this point, CapeShitposting across the board, and has abandoned this particular thread, so I'm going to take my leave.
>>
>>51923736
Dear God, her spine.
>>
>>51923736
Masks if you want to play its particular brand of young heroes finding their own path into adulthood and you like rolling d6s.
Marvel Heroic if you want to tell a story in the Marvel universe and have enough d8s and d12s. You probably think you have more than enough d8s but you probably don't.
>>
>>51925037
>Anyway, it's become abundantly clear that OP is, at this point, CapeShitposting across the board, and has abandoned this particular thread, so I'm going to take my leave.
I made this thread before I went to bed, this is the only thread I made on /tg/ yesterday, what are you talking about
>>
Prowlers and paragons. My group loved how simple it was, and the Resolve system lets you improvise your powers. Using your jetpack in place of your strength score, teleporting inside a personal force field, that kind of thing.
>>
Also, prowlers and paragons is dirt cheap. 5 bucks for the PDF.
>>
>>51923736
Sauce on the artist? The signature is illegible.
>>
>>51928420
>>51923736
Actually, nevermind, it's right there at the bottom.
RockinJellyBean.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.