[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 343
Thread images: 50

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Outsiders Editon.
Which outsiders most often appear in your games? Only angels, demons and devils or do you use more exotic ones like rakshasas, kytons or manasaputra? Do you think that Pathfinder is needlessly bloated with various outsider types? Why are demodands even in this game?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread: >>51917323
>>
>>51922018
even odds on this getting deleted, who's taking?
>>
File: Ragnaros_the_Firelord.png (1MB, 807x774px) Image search: [Google]
Ragnaros_the_Firelord.png
1MB, 807x774px
>>51922018
ELEMENTALS
>>
>>51922018
Why would the planes be less varied than golarion? If anything there'd be more outsiders.
>>
>>51922062
I like gambling on bad odds.

If the thread lives, Alastor "What the fuck am I looking at" Heimsthorn makes it into WotR.
>>
File: Elemental.jpg (51KB, 500x588px) Image search: [Google]
Elemental.jpg
51KB, 500x588px
>>51922063
Elementals, you say?

*disclaimer: this isn't one but it damn well ought to be.
>>
File: No Kobold that's not for you.png (257KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
No Kobold that's not for you.png
257KB, 800x800px
Question, should I continue to shill my game for the next week or should I just let it sit there on its own and hope that the rest of you do it for me?

Also I didn't forget the link this time, the cycle has been broken! https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/69913/slash-pfg-slash-dragonborn-game
>>
>>51922212
stop shilling
>>
>>51922212
You don't have to force it so hard.
>>
Somewhat serious though. I was kind of hoping for a bit of feedback for my dragon game 2 app but am hesitant to ask
>>
>>51922373
just ask bro
>>
>>51922373
ASK FAGGOT.
>>
Name: Xen Xetil
Race: Aasimar (Dragonblooded)
Class: Sorcerer / Cleric
Backstory: Xen found his way to Culdranth after hearing of a city where people of a dragon heritage were not only welcome but down right common there.His dragonic heritage...along with his 'divine' heritage lies in a coupling two generations back. He bears his grandmother's name as his family name feeling it might make matters a bit confusing if he took his grandfather's name. He is a cleric for one of those fancy new up and coming gods that crop up from time to time. The Lionheart! God of Arcane magic, The void, Travel, knowledge, and most recently Love...to put it a bit more bluntly an adventuring god of 'virility'...or was it fertility...Xen can never really quite figure it out...or really most of the anecdotes that he has heard...however he draws his strength from prayers to his god so...he does his best not to think too much about it.

Despite the 'sponsorship' of his God. He is something more meek, but he is still interested in spread his own story, and hearing about the Dragon Queen's greatness he decided that maybe he can get his start serving her and then maybe grow into something greater!

His greatest complaint is that it is hotter than balls here and while he appreciates the eye candy he'd prefer it if things were a little cooler.

Prior to leaving for adventure, Xen helped his Grandmother as a Librarian. Where he learned his primary profession and much of his knowledge about Glorian as a whole.
>>
>>51922444
you're posting this so we can make fun of it, right
>>
>>51922465
No I'm posting it because y'all prodded me to it.
>>
>>51922489
>male
>Full caster/Full caster antisynergy, not even same casting stat
>backstory has no story to it
>cleric that doesn't understand his own god
>get his start serving culdranth rather than his own god
It's shit m8
>>
File: 1419387381022.png (720KB, 2275x2842px) Image search: [Google]
1419387381022.png
720KB, 2275x2842px
So I'm looking into builds for my character in Dragons, Aurora specifically and with Avowed (Self) | Brutal Stalker I can gain Strength to AC twice. Now the idea was that she's going to be incredibly strong, physically, with a straightforward approach and the belief that if she charges at her problems with enough determination and raw power that she can achieve anything. The question here is, would that be too cheesy? The doublestrength thing wouldn't properly kick in till Level 6 and if being strong is very much her thing I'd really like to invest very heavily into strength.

The other route I would go would be Aurora Soul so I'd be getting Strength and Wisdom to AC instead, which would be slightly weaker and change the concept a little.
>>
>>51922527
One point of defense. Sorcerrors can get wisdom as a casting stat
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/archetypes/paizo-sorcerer-archetypes/wildblooded/mutated-bloodlines-paizo/empyreal/
>>
>>51922226
>>51922249
Understood, no more shilling until the game starts next week, if any of you want more people to submit apps you'll have to do it yourself, but I'll still be here to answer questions if you have any.

Also I just realized something about momma dragon from Dragons, Dragons, and more Dragons, she's essentially right now the Pathfinder equivalent of Big Mom from One Piece, and I find that hilarious.
>>
>>51922580
I disagree JAM IT IN!
>>
File: rApSwhg.png (2MB, 1268x1200px) Image search: [Google]
rApSwhg.png
2MB, 1268x1200px
I sincerely have no idea how all these people are having these obsessive discussions about dragons and shit...

Okay I take that back. I'm he same with the undead. Though that still doesn't explain how every dragonfag is absolutely obsessed with the physical and emotional romanticism of them...
>>
>>51922527
OKay. What's wrong with being a dude.
Backstory having no story to it. I see and I will add to that!
Clerics not understanding their own god.
>0 ranks knowledge religion.
Sometimes a sheet should reflect theri character.
>>
>>51922566
If he's going Empyreal instead of Draconic he deserves to be slapped. If he's going Crossblooded Empyreal/Draconic he deserves to be slapped.
>>
>>51922610
because they're recluses who hoard things that have no practical use to them, and lash out at those who enter their safe space. They also have serious issues communicating with women, especially those of high standing.

They're us.
>>
>>51922596
DEPLOYING, HOLD FOR MAXIMUM JAMMING!

>>51922610
Honestly I'm like this with all aspects of fantasy stuff, it's just that I'm personally on a dragon kick recently.
>>
>>51922633
Well if Aasimar are being fluffed as dragonblooded. Who knows what he is thinking
>>
>>51922630
girl characters are better for light hearted lewdness
>>
>>51922444
What did he do before coming to the Demesne other than be a Librarian?
What or who the hell is "The Lionheart" and why does a god of arcane knowledge have love as a domain?
Why bother even mentioning him if you're just performing some sort of divine cuckolding and serving Dragon Mama instead?
If you want the same feel for promoting upcoming gods, go Shaman and reflavor the wandering spirit or w/e it's called.
>>
>>51922680
Bridget disagrees!
>>
>>51922696
who?
>>
>>51922533
Self Avowed and Brutal Stalker is basically the brain dead Strength SAD. Strength to AC and Reflex twice, and Will and Fort once.

Judge if you think that's cheesy.
>>
>>51922703
Everyone's favorite trap?
>>
File: Druid (Temesi).jpg (92KB, 427x600px) Image search: [Google]
Druid (Temesi).jpg
92KB, 427x600px
>>51922630
I just noticed that Rangers, Druids, and Hunters can choose to have a god, but they still wouldn't get Knowledge (Religion) as a class skill.
>>
>>51922714
I thought so, but traps really don't count for the purposes of this discussion since the original anon isn't playing one
>>
File: ian-llanas-dirgeoriginal.jpg (66KB, 738x960px) Image search: [Google]
ian-llanas-dirgeoriginal.jpg
66KB, 738x960px
>>51922645
Huh that makes almost too much sense....

>>51922661
And I can respect that. I get those days when I need my fix. Like currently it's a game to implement my new Dirge Bard. Undead army plz
>>
>>51922742
>implying we'll give him a choice
>>
File: 1429183656493.jpg (551KB, 1000x1753px) Image search: [Google]
1429183656493.jpg
551KB, 1000x1753px
>>51922707
Well, I suppose the sensible thing to do is run the numbers and see if the result is overpowered. I feel like this fits thematically and ultimately it means that outside of combat she's going to be relatively limited to... well, lifting things and then putting them down elsewhere. I could eventually branch out a little more as she develops as a person, maybe retrain but... how to put this.

It feels cheesy to me, but the question is, if the end result isn't that much better than anyone else is it actually a problem? Do people feel that it's the sort of thing that will just rub people the wrong way regardless of the end result?
>>
>>51922760
>implying you can choose what anon plays
>>
>>51922811
As the anon in question. I can say that some of the details not explained are stuff the GM knows?
>>
Tell me about your party!
Do you all get along?
>>
>>51922838
err I meant to quote someone else. However if the party wants to force me into a dress apparently he rocks it.
>>
>>51922871
FotJR is slowly getting there to being buddy buddy with one another. Some more than others
>>
>>51922934
Dirty Eskimo brothers.
>>
>>51922939
Etan and Rubio are brothers til the end now. Rat catching brothers.[/spoilers]
>>
Rate this /pfg/

Name: Ezekiel Stonestride
Race: Human
Sex: Yes Male
Class: Kineticist/Fighter
Backstory: Ezekiel was an orphan from a Nexian port town. Hearing of the amazing exploits of Jalmeray's martial arts schools, he sought to become like them. When his caretaker died, Ezekiel, at the age of 14, sold all of his material possessions save for the clothes on his back, and bought passage to Jalmeray. There, he pestered and begged for an audience to at least attempt the tests for one of the Houses of Perfection. After one year of begging, the houses relented, letting the child try the test. Predictably, he failed. Despite being able to tail the Djinni for many miles, he could never pass it. Despite holding his ground against the Shaitan and not folding under pressure, he could not subdue it. And, despite withstanding the Efreeti's jabs, he could not best it. However, after being thrown out, he was approached by a Brutalist, a vudrani martial art that forsakes grace and wisdom for resolve and strength, infamous for the practice of taking drugs to enhance their bodies. He was accepted as the student of this Brutalist. There, he trained for five years, until during one sparring match, he was disarmed. Undeterred, he began an onslaught with his fists, driving his master into a corner, and breaking his wooden blade into a thousand pieces. The day afterwards, he was gifted a steel saber, and his master declared that Ezekiel was ready, and should go out into the world to seek his own fortune.

Three years of traveling later, he crossed the deserts of Thuvia on bare, calloused feet. After thirty-one days of wandering the deserts, convinced he was lost but not resigning himself to death, he stumbled upon a grand oasis within the desert. Proclaiming that it must have been divine intervention itself, he happily drank from the water, and sought shade in a nearby cave, where a strange curiosity overtook him, making him delve deeper in. 1/2
>>
>>51922018
I've added some weird definitions of the word demon to my stories. The demon I had in my last campaign was based on the ancient Greek concept of daemonos, (it has a wikipedia article under 'demon' disambiguation ) and he was the nicest person in the world. He had infinite power within a physical space defined by a piece of divinely-enchanted stone beneath his feet.
>>
>>51923050
2/2 He eventually came out upon a ledge, whereupon he saw the Demesne, and, thinking that he had died and this was some strange afterlife, he laughed, and fainted, his unconscious body tumbling off the ledge and down into the water below, the man miraculously falling near a recreational boat. After awakening in the city, getting his bearings, and realizing he wasn't dead, and he /was/ in fact within a city that looked like paradise, he laughed, and declared the city where he would build his new school of Brutalism. The only problem was that he had no material possessions, and no capital, with which to build the school with. Declaring that he would now serve the city, enamored by its natural beauty and the heritage of its citizens, he sought work and money, willing to do anything and /everything/ for the citizenry, to build towards his aspirations to become a teacher of martial arts.
>>
>>51922968

The bond two men make while Eiffel towering a slut can never be broken.

And Quinn just sorta shrugged and let Sweettooth do her?
>>
>>51923093
Well it was more like Sweettooth let Quinn do him. Even spaghetti gets a bit loose when you heat it up enough.
>>
>>51922939
Wait... what? Did I miss the greentexts for this weekend's games?
>>
>>51923151
FotJR had the Shayliss encounter. Etan and Rubio went rat catching. Together.
>>
>>51923151
The Friday team spent their session fucking each other and the town bicycle after spilling enough spaghetti to feed all of Italiy for a week.

Saturday Team spent it fighting goblins and rescuing a kidnapped lady.
>>
File: 1403537549995.png (240KB, 440x483px) Image search: [Google]
1403537549995.png
240KB, 440x483px
>>51923173

>Friday is Team Fun
>Saturday is Team Hero
>>
>>51922685
Okay in regard to the first bit...That does need answering.
The second. The Idea was kind of that it was basically a lecherous wizard that hit the diety jackpot. Third...you kind of answered that somewhat yourself?
4th I'm just not really comfortable with that class. I've not played a cleric in something like eight years and I'm playing a sorc because well you say dragon I think of sorcerers

I do appreciate the genuine critique and I'll improve my app to reflect it

...and apparently I got a temp ban for making a joke post.
>>
>>51923173
I wonder what causes this divergence. Were the teams arranged this way by chance? On purpose? Does the DM just run a cleaner game on Saturday after getting polished on Friday? Does each game develop an influential player that leads everyone in a direction?
>>
>>51923166
>>51923173

There better be a pastebin of that encounter, I tell you what.
>>
>>51923213
I'm not entirely sure myself. SotJR sounds like they got pushed a bit harder to go one way, maybe they had some OOC knowledge of where to go.
>>
>>51923238
I think it's because Friday's game has more people-who-are-friends-with-each-other-OOC-already, whereas Saturday's game just has people who are in a party together.
>>
File: 2hu momiji hol on a sec.jpg (383KB, 878x930px) Image search: [Google]
2hu momiji hol on a sec.jpg
383KB, 878x930px
>>51923213
>>51923264
I personally blame my other GM being a bit handholdy, I didn't need to push whenever I would say "I go look at x", so when we swung by a place on the way to go "rat catching" I didn't think too hard on it.
Hilariously, I have played Burnt Offerings before, so it's not like I don't know what's going on.
>>
File: [intense bones].gif (102KB, 294x299px) Image search: [Google]
[intense bones].gif
102KB, 294x299px
Are bone weapons and armor any good, /pfg/?
>>
>>51923183
Wasn't it supposed to be the other way around?
>>
>>51923235
Ditto, I wanna hear about the spaghetti, and this Eiffel-towering. It sounds fun!
>>
>>51923391

And yet Saturday are doing heroics and Friday's apparently fucking around! Literally!

This world is so topsy-turvy.
>>
What /pfg/ games are recruiting currently?
>>
>>51923378
They can be hit with Boneshatter for one IIRC, so that's a mark against them.
>>
>>51923441
YOU GOT AN HOUR TO COMPLETE A WRATH OF THE RIGHTEOUS APPLICATION GO GO GO GO GO.

Try Dragon Game 2, that Dragonborn game and Reign of Winter I think. Maybe Taldor Ascendant, but I'm pretty sure it's a fake game.
>>
>>51923457
How likely are enemy casters to have that?

>just wanna run a Dwarf or Half-Orc with a bone spear or axe - maybe the spear/axe has some holes in it so it whistles or howls when swung and is covered in small trophies, like dried fingers from enemies and teeth from various beasts
>>
File: dragonqueen1-2216.png.jpg (128KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
dragonqueen1-2216.png.jpg
128KB, 500x500px
How's everyone doing this evening.

Everyone grinding out their apps? See a lot of them that are just a name, race, and class.

If you guys need help with your backstories, by all means let me know.
>>
>>51923378
Far as I know there's literally no benefit to using them and a ton of weaknesses.
>>
>>51923481
Depends on the creativity of your GM, my group ends up using it a lot in mid-level campaigns because it's a hilariously brutal spell that isn't even evil-aligned, and the best part is that if you hit someone with it twice it stacks with itself for the purposes of causing exhaustion on the poor fool getting struck with it.
>>
File: GENIUS.jpg (155KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
GENIUS.jpg
155KB, 640x720px
>>51923183
>>51923422
It's the power of autism, my dudes
>>
>>51923494
I'm already in a game and full-time college, so no app from me. Good luck, though!
>>
>>51923494
What does the common person know about the Queen? Is she more of a legend, or does everybody basically know she exists even if she hasn't been seen in person in a long ass time?
>>
File: Threat From the Sea (Don Maitz).jpg (116KB, 1165x480px) Image search: [Google]
Threat From the Sea (Don Maitz).jpg
116KB, 1165x480px
>>51923441
If I didn't work 40-60 hours a week, I would run a game.
>>
>>51923494
I think mine is fine, though I wanna hear what /pfg/ thinks about Ezekiel Stonestride!

What I really need help with is the actual build itself. The only thing I've got down right now is Roil Dancer/Kinetic Knight Kineticist on one side, and Mutation Warrior Fighter on the other. I can't decide between sword and board, TWFing with kinetic blades, TWFing with a fancy sword and a kinetic blade, or something else. Also, would a Kinetic Knight with Artful Dodge allow for using Constitution to meet prereqs for TWFing? I feel like it would.
>>
>>51923494

Dragon DM! Dragon DM! What is the tone of your campaign, what kind of characters do you want us to make? You wouldn't want Guts in the Fellowship after all!
>>
>>51923494
Any way to make a Goblin? Also how similar to Tiamat is the Queen?
>>
>>51923506
The benefit for me would be the sheer flavor of it all. The concepts I've got in mind just don't work with metal.
>>
>>51923441
I'm curious as well. And how to apply for them.
>>
>>51923544
Then use it. Just know that mechanically, they're inferior to normal weapons.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/special-materials/#TOC-Bone
>>
>>51922212
Aaaaaa. I wish I could join this game so bad, but it is after midnight due to timezone and in the middle of working week. Your game sounds nice.
>>
>>51923494
Anything in particular you'd like to see or that would push your naughty urge buttons?
>>
>>51923564
>Not even reduced weight
Jeeeeeeez.
>>
>>51923577
The time listed is actually variable, the vast majority of my applicants are not available at that time either but my schedule is flexible enough to make almost any play schedule work if I REALLY wanted to, especially if y'all want to play on the weekend when you're off work.

>>51923582
>Using carry capacity rules
JEEEEEEEEEZ
>>
>>51923564
>>51923582
Bone is fragile and cheap. If you have a sunder build based around shattering your own weapons for crits or extra damage, they're good there. Or hell, make bone ammo on the cheap and renewable side if you have Survival or Craft!
>>
>>51923539

The queen has .00036% of Tiamat's godly essence inside of her. She found it one day. Also There's probably a goblin or two in the Demesne, though they're kinda not common. Kobolds are more common, Specifically The Short-tail Kobold clans.

>>51923535
i'd prefer something not that edgy. i mean you can have edge, just not something you can cut yourself looking too hard.

>>51923519
Common person in the whole wide world? Jack shit.

Common person in the draconic community, they may know OF her, probably from someone who's bedded her in the past, but those were typically one night stands.

Common person in the demesne? A wise and magnanimous queen who is a who allows people to govern their selves as she tends to more important matters. (read being a lazy bum.)

>>51923581
I'd like to see more fighty, less spellcasy, Ironic considering the nature of the game. I like Exaggeration above all else.
>>
>>51923606
>JEEEEEEEEEZ
Anyone who doesn't actually track encumbrance should be taken out back and shot. Especially faggots who dump strength to 7 then fucking ignore it. God fucking damn.
>>
>>51923642
"I'm going to dump a stat and not deal with the consequences!" I loathe Str dumpers who think they can get away with that.
>>
>>51923632
What sort of... exaggeration?
>>
>>51923642
Anyone who dumps STR to 7 in any game I run is gonna face the wrath of the encumberance system.
>>
>>51923642
Having to keep track of every last piece of parchment you may be carrying on you at any given time in an attempt to keep from having to go above a heavy load is tedious and ruins a lot of the fun I want to see in combat. Sure, if you have 7 Str I'm probably going to have to dock you if you want to carry a sack full of heavy goods, but if you're like, 3 lbs over a light load due to having to carry a knapsack literally who cares?
>>
>>51923700
Holy fucking shit. Just put the weights into a character sheet that adds them automatically, it's not that fucking hard. God fucking dammit.
>>
>>51923642
>>51923660
>>51923662
These threads really make me smile from time to time.
>>
>>51923709
I bet you're also the kind of guy that keeps track of all the completely normal arrows you've fired even after buying well over 100.
>>
I get abnormally excited at cutting items trying to reduce my load. That is all.
>>
>>51923661

you tell me
>>
>>51923742
>Buying 100 arrows
I leave town with 60 and I draw a sword when I run out!
>>
>>51923632
What's the social life like in the demesne? Are there haves and have-nots? Is there a fashion scene? A music scene? Any kind of food culture?
>>
>>51923742
Yes, for carrying capacity.
>>
FFSH had their second session today: http://pastebin.com/GeWxFmhx

>LANDING STRATEGIES
>FIGHTING SHIT
>OH SHIT THE SHIT WE'RE FIGHTING IS ACTUALLY DANGEROUS
>HEALER'S DOWN
>NEED A REZ
>OUT OF MANA

Fortunately, some of their fellow students came to assist the group that needed assistance. Meanwhile Seraphtor played the "I'M FUCKIN' INVICIBLE" Game with his dank fullplate.
>>
>>51923771

First and foremost. You don't pay for things. Everyone's family there, so you owe people favors. Very few people actually require something physical in exchange for services (Typically those who deal with outsiders on the regular, or travel a lot.), Typically those are precious gems.

Secondly, There's not a whole lot of call for toil, but craftsmanship and artistry is praised.

Thirdly, There is a growing sport in The Demesne. Ulama. Its a sport where you essentially play basketball using only your legs, hips and butt. Invented by the Short-tail kobolds that live in the demesne. There's no offical leagues or anything, but kids play it alot. and some adults pass the time with it too.
>>
>>51923264
I'd say it's because the character personalities are more conducive to heroics, rather than random fucking.

Half the party has "wants to be a hero" as part of their backstory.
>>
Second Session of my game
>Party speaks with the strange sage in the forest, he tells them that there are bandits out in the swamp
>They offer to deal with the bandits, and as they're leaving, they run into their magus
>They eventually find some bandits out in the swamp and fight some of them
>The ninja forces one of the bandits to take off his pants and then sends him running into the swamps
>They find the bandit camp and see the bandits moving their loot around
>The fey adept and the ninja go invisible, and the fey adept uses her magic to pretend to set the loothouse on fire while the ninja steals as much as he can
>The bandits freak out as the fire doesn't go down
>The myrmidon and magus come charging into the camp to distract more bandits, killing their leader
>Fey adept disguises herself as a bandit and pretends to surrender so the surviving bandits surrender as well
Fucking illusion magic.
>>
>>51923905
Eh, even if it was "random fucking" (random fucking that got interrupted before the session was just awkwardness), a good deal of characterization came out of it.
>>
>>51923494
>no SoM
>>
>>51923891
This is working for me for what I want to do I think. What's the rough population of the demesne? As in the number of individuals.
>>
>>51923932
Keep telling yourself that buddy.
>>
>>51923946

around 2000
>>
>>51923932
And really, that's what I think FotJR needed; a session to build connections and feel out their characters more in a situation where they weren't just trying to fight as a team or make skill checks. SotJR has the strength of most of its PCs already knowing each other.
>>
>>51923891
You mean Ullamaliztli?
>>
>>51923235
>>51923403
It's certainly an experience.

Sadly, I have been asked not to share.
>>
>>51923494
I'm sad it doesn't line up with my schedule, I'd make a loyal FF dragon (and probably still will).

It's too bad I won't get a chance to see True taste in game
>>
>>51923926
I love creativity like that.
>>
>>51923999
*Dragoon
>>
>>51923961
I damn sure will. I'll keep telling myself that as I keep going to each game. I'll keep telling myself it and wish that you were there with me so that you could tell me again to keep telling it to myself.
>>
>>51923979
Yup. FotJR is in some groups but rather distant. SotJR, Onryou, Corwin, and Valeriya grew up together, Aranha was just a few years younger, and Casimir watched them all. Seht's the only outsider.
>>
>>51923932
>>51923979

Certainly!

I'm sure the entire party is going to cum out as a more cohesive whole following this.
>>
>>51923980
yeah but with less ritual sacrifice at the end.
>>
>>51924006
Oh, it was great, I was loving it as the DM.

The fey adept is from here, the rest of the party are "normies" and it's a nice mix.
>>
File: 2c7.jpg (56KB, 600x475px) Image search: [Google]
2c7.jpg
56KB, 600x475px
>>51924025
>cum out as a more cohesive whole following this
>>
Haven't been around lately.

Anything big coming out soon? Anything from Paizo? Does everyone still here hate them?

What was the final verdict on Hell's Vengeance? Any word on Strange Aeons and how it is?
>>
>>51924028
But ritual sacrifice is fun. Especially when it involves Snu-Snu.
>>
Dragon Game 2 folks- any thoughts on Ezekiel Stonestride? I just learned that Kinetic Knight requires using a Shield to get their elemental defense, which /sucks/. But, there are ways around it. Anybody got a link to the feat that lets you use a buckler while TWF without suffering the -1 to hit? Ezekiel's a Fighter gestalt so feats shouldn't be an issue, and I'm HOPING to get Kineticists of Poryphyra approved so that I can make use of some of the items in there to patch up the build.

>>51923992
Darn. Oh well. It sounded super fun
>>
So how is everyone here getting into pathfinder groups? Do yall so it online?
>>
>>51924071
Hell's Vengeance and Strange Aeons aren't really worth noting at all based on my reads, but I haven't played them personally. Seems like a functional evil campaign and a functional mythos campaign respectively, without either really impressing in any regard.

Ironfang Invasion looks like it might actually turn out pretty solid though, based off what little we have to go off of.
>>
>>51923965
Nice, that should be just about perfect for what I want to do.
>>
>>51924092
By not namefagging.
>>
File: fighting boredom.jpg (37KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
fighting boredom.jpg
37KB, 600x300px
>>51924071
The Bestiary 6 comes out in April.

The Adventurer's Guide is coming out after that. It's like the Villain Codex.
>>
WotR applications have closed.
>>
WOTR APPS ARE OVER! WITH 3 OF 45 POSTED ON THE FINAL DAY! 1 IN THE FINAL HOUR!

I'm ridiculously invested in seeing who gets in even though I didn't apply. It's like horse-racing.
>>
>>51924169
>>51924155
And now the tension really builds.
>>
>>51924169
I'm sad that I probably won't make it
>>
>>51923891
Would it be too revealing to ask how the players are getting drafted into being the Queen's agents? I want to play a character that's a bit more of an artisan and while they're still martially capable thanks to being a dragon, most people seem be more militant characters. I don't want to submit a character that isn't likely to be "chosen" by the Queen.
>>
>>51924214

Well actually its going to be Volunteer.
>>
>>51924227
Ohhhh

Okay neat
>>
File: for the motherland.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
for the motherland.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
>>51923891
Sounds pretty.... Commieriffic...
>>
>>51923771

The food culture in the Demesne is probably somewhere between Too much, and "i hate myself, I wanna die."
>>
/pfg/ how do I get grab on my attacks without having to sell my soul?
>>
Does anybody have a link to the Exposed Vigilante archetype?
>>
>>51924369
FleshCrafting potions?
>>
File: exposing vigiliante.png (665KB, 672x807px) Image search: [Google]
exposing vigiliante.png
665KB, 672x807px
>>51924372
It's in the trove.

but if you don't want to download the whole PDF, here's the entry in its entirety.
>>
>>51924369
It's not like you were going to use that soul anyways.
>>
>>51924369
It's not exactly the same but Fool's Errand lets you do that sort of thing.
>>
>>51924437
I think the last time I checked for the book it was supposed to be in, the link was out of date and the file was gone.

But thanks!
>>
>>51922610
>not having emotional and/or physical romanticism of the undead

Nigga, get out of here and don't come back until you have a nice ghost waifu or husbando to introduce to us.
>>
>>51924348

Calm down Leidra, that's just you.
>>
>>51924517
But how do we get past the fact that I'm alive and 99% of undead have an instinctual urge to destroy all life as we know it?
>>
>>51924604
The fuck are you smoking.
>>
>>51924604
You have at least three options!

>Go roll the dice and hope for that 1%
>Wait for your undead waifu/husbando to find you, like the MC of some niche slice of life/romance anime
>Become undead yourself (and get to share a looong unlifetime with your lover)
>>
File: 1488113226077.jpg (183KB, 629x740px) Image search: [Google]
1488113226077.jpg
183KB, 629x740px
>>51924517
I made her this morning.... Her name is Skully. And surprisingly enough, for anow n dead waifu, she's rather humorous.
>>
Allright, I apparently haven't been memeing my character hard enough, so I'm dumping my story for you guys to rip into.

Name: Errakus
Race: Taninim (magma, sagely, lung)
Class: Oracle (Time mystery, Draconic Hero, White Worm Apostate)||Guide (Gonzo 2)

Backstory: When Errakus hatched, nobody expected to see what came out: a shriveled, worm like creature devoid of fangs, wings or claws, yet steaming with an internal heat. This hatchling was corrupted, likely by Dahak, or possibly something more esoteric, like Ythrodius, the Ravager Worm. Such a matter was taken before the queen herself, as it was of her brood and could be taken as a most ill of omen. A gleam of inspiration sparkled in her ten eyes for the first time in centuries, as she made her decision, not to exterminate, but to protect.

Naturally, the hatchery maidens and midwives were confused. To allow something this dark to live, even if it were to become a Paragon of justice, would eventually cause the Demense to crumble from its mere presence. But Queen Culdranth had a plan for this child, one even she wasn't entirely sure of yet, but would be obvious when the time was right. She granted it a new form, a glowing ball of light, and told the newly named Errakus to stay that way, only revealing himself when circumstances were at their direst. Afterwards, she returned to her sleep, content with her work.

(1/2?)
>>
>>51924749

To say Errakus's formative years were "rocky" was an understatement of the highest calibur. Being as small as a fey hatchling, but lacking the limbs to lift or move anything led to him having to attach himself to others and have them assist him in everyday tasks, something that felt parasitic and demeaning. Over time, he came to realize his bauble form (as he'd taken to calling it) had its own share of advantages, like high maneuverability and a rock hard shell (which made running into walls FAR less painful!) And when the queen called him into her chambers for the first time in over fifty years, he was overjoyed at the prospect of finally being able to be of use to her.

Personality: Errakus is jumpy and overreacting, an outlook forged over decades of living in a body that feels too small and weak. His mood can change like the wind, from cheerful and inquisitive, to dark and morose, and any shade in between. The fact that he often feels like a burden, combined with the looks and stares he gets from those who remember his hatching have bred the seeds of self-doubt deep into his psyche. He barely knows what his true draconic form looks like, but keeps himself concealed so that his mother would not be disappointed with her decision to spare him. At his core, Errakus is desperate to prove his worth.
>>
>join a game from here
>have a bad time
>tell DM it wasn't a good first session
>mfw I'm removed now
Well I guess I should be glad I dodged that bullet, I guess.
>>
>>51924834
oh what campaign was that?

im a slut for campaign slots
>>
>>51924834
Sad.. should have dms that work with ya. Could have at least tried to make it a better experience. Sorry to hear about that.
>>
>>51924865
Shattered star. Good luck. A player asked if they should know anything else before they depart and the DM immediately timeskipped us through an entire voyage telling us we had arrived. You might have better luck, he seemed to have it out for me since he skipped my turn in combat twice and tried to do a third time until I just kinda forced my way into it. Also got straight up ignored something like 8 times, mentioning it OOC and IC didn't seem to stop it form happening. "Oh hey, an incredibly rare magical artifact of extreme historical significance? You mean the thing that literally every element of my backstory is crafted around getting, half my features are about identifying, and all of my short and long term goals relate to? Could I have a look at it?" But no, Just ignore me asking for it, hand it to another player who didn't ask for it, and then tell me off for even attempting a Knowledge History check because apparently another player is supposed to be the only one who knows that, and I was "chosen to be an expert in the planes for the group", a skill I have 0 ranks in.

It wouldn't have been so bad if little things like this didn't come up literally every time I spoke or declared an action.

>>51924923
Sadly, it didn't happen that way.
>>
>>51924976
Hahaha
I told you

I told you espagnoll was an idiot

You didnt listen and in fact you accused me of witch hunting

Hahaha

Seriously though, next time please listen to me when I warn you.
>>
>>51923606
Oh man. That's great to hear. I would like to join up so I can hear what y'all settle on. Will definetively join if I can
>>
>>51925000
To be fair, I didn't hear a warning at all. I don't really lurk here, just pop in once or twice a week and skim the thread. Thanks for trying, though.
>>
>>51924834
Its not from here anon, the GM just likes to namedrop /tg/ in his games and pretend like this is some sort of club that gives you a membership card for lurking.

Why do you think his campaigns are always hemorrhaging players as it makes weekly trips to lfgs?
>>
>>51925040
Didn't know any of that. Like I said I only pop in here sometimes. I just happened to see the link to his campaign one of the times I came by.
>>
>>51924976
How do you go about finding groups? IS there a good forum/website or just straight through /tg/?
>>
>>51924976
>Shattered star
I didn't even know that started.
>>
>>51925098
Honestly, this was the first group I tried joining that wasn't 100% comprised of people I knew in person and was already friends with. I just happened to see a link dropped here and decided to try it out. It was run so poorly, it's almost making me want to run my own game, but I can't really commit to a regular schedule with my work schedule.

>>51925102
It was this morning. Players were only selected yesterday.
>>
>>51925115
Did he GM in broken english like he usually does?
I bet you can tell what he's copy pasting from the book and what he's mashing out himself based on his poor grammar.
>>
>>51925000
>>51925035
I had been saying it too.

Espagnoll destroyed a campaign I was in for petty political bullshit. I bet this is gonna go just the same.

He's a terrible GM.
>>
File: 1425595343820.jpg (80KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1425595343820.jpg
80KB, 800x450px
>>51925199
Actually yes, I wasn't going to mention it because I wanted to only bring up what was objective, but that was off-putting for sure.

>>51925229
If only I had listened... This could have gone differently...
>>
>>51925000
I've been saying he was a huge fucking twat from the start as well. I shit all over him and his stupid fucking campaign every time he tried to shill it.
>>
>WotR apps just wrapped up
>No shitposting or anything yet
This is disappointing, do I have to wait for the actual character list?
>>
>>51925229
>He's a terrible GM.
No, he's a terrible person. He's just bad at RPGs in general.
>>
>>51925404
No, but I'm pretty sure I know who's going to be getting in.
It's __Doug__ of course.
>>
File: file.png (103KB, 283x247px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
103KB, 283x247px
What the fuck, I've been calculating flanking as +1 for years. How retarded have I been?
>>
>>51925229
Political...? I feel like I don't want to ask, but like I've gotta know.
>>
>>51925429
Pretty fucking retarded, but who's more so, you, or the GMs who never noticed and corrected you?
>>
>>51925439
I was thinking about that too. I've played through hundreds of sessions, dozens of games, and more than one campaign that went through 10 levels and somehow no one has ever noticed that I've been calculating flanking bonuses wrong.
>>
>>51925264
Don't let it spoil the whole community for you. Public games are always a gamble, and /tg/ is ultimately open to the public.

>>51925415
A fair statement.

>>51925432
At risk of starting something I don't want to, it went into gender identity politics and Espagnoll somehow managed to piss off both right and left on the matter.
>>
>>51925606
>piss off both right and left on the matter.
That's impressive. I'm trying to picture how someone could do that right now. "Oh, I only believe in one gender."
>>
>>51925623
It was more in the way he wanted it handled. Wanted a written and formal apology from someone for something that literally no one but him cared about, when we were all just trying to finalize characters and get ready for game.

Even nazis don't want to talk politics ALL the time.
>>
Why use a falchion when a naginata is objectively better?
>>
>>51925731
In many or most cases, a full x4 crit is wasted. You theoretically get more damage per hit, but enemies only have a set amount of hit points. Scoring multiple crits is slightly better when you account for overkill.
>>
>>51925623
>>51925606
Actually, this is a case of the left and right both being far too quick to blame each-other; a deliberately trained reflex by those who most benefit from keeping them at each-other's throats (notably the companies that own said left and right politicians).

In reality, the whole "gender identity" stuff pisses off similar amounts of people on the entire spectrum.

One engineer I know is on the far left, but he sees "I should be able to identify as what I want" and sees it as "I want to lie and for you to be in the wrong if you don't believe it". To him - and he's explained it a *lot*, wanting to be something is perfectly fine, but standing there with your dick in hand and demanding everyone call it a vagina is nothing but lies, deception and shit-stirring. Want to be what you want to be, and "post-op we can let slide", but calling a chair a traffic-light and demanding those who call bullshit be censored makes you the vilest sort of scum.

I also have an uncle who's just the opposite; far as he's concerned "call me missus" is no different from "my friends call me bob". At the same time he believes hillary's russian hackers are the ones that stopped president trump from building the wall before november 2016, and that obama let 9/11 happen because he's a sunni muslim.
>>
>>51925731
Naginata doesn't do the same job as a falchion, 4x crit might be unnecessary and a higher range lets you get more mileage out of any features or feats that key off of crit.

I assume you actually meant nodachi though which is just a falchion with a better, if more swingy hit-die. Nodachi is an eastern weapon though, and in terms of flavour, though falchions can get kind of questionable already, it can be really weird to explain why the hell your character walks around with a nodachi somewhere that they're uncommon. Mechanically, there is the benefit where you may be more likely to stumble across magical falchions than nodachi and your weapon related feats will benefit it.

Nodachis are mostly for minmaxers whose DMs don't keep in line. I don't think it's even common for people to take them for weeb reasons.
>>
>>51925791
Oh yeah the first guy is also a bit of a grammar-nazi and I'm wondering if maybe the two things are actually related.
>>
>>51925800
Christ, yeah I meant the nodachi. I'm a turboweeb but I still manage to mix their names up.
>>
>>51925731
Assuming you meant nodachi rather than naginata, there isn't much reason to. In some settings having a falchion is easier to justify, and that's about it.
>>
>>51925818
After giving it some more thought, I definitely think that falchions being more common is a significant reason to consider them over nodachi though. I mean granted, a lot of DMs will tailor gear rewards to suit the players and they're definitely not wrong for it, and enchanting is always an option when loot tables don't pay out, but ultimately a nodachi is only averaging 5.5 and a falchion is averaging 5 flat, which isn't much of a difference for what's likely a more reliable weapon in a game where you don't have information going in.

In addition to this, less swingy dice dice tend to be better. It sounds like a d10 beats 2d4 at early levels when weapon ranges are still relevant, but assuming you're attacking with a +9 modifier between 16 strength and power attack, hitting your averages consistently should be much more desirable than hitting your highs because it's unlikely enemies who'd survive a reliable 14 early will die to a less reliable 19. I'd recommend falchion over a nodachi for most players.

I gave this way more thought than I expected to.
>>
>>51925791
>At risk of starting something I don't want to
>>
>>51925928
It's not a risk if there's no chance of it ever happening?
>>
>>51925898
The thing is, the only weapons a loot table will ever have are daggers, longswords, and longbows. Nothing else is ever represented in any serious sense.
>>
>>51925898
Something else to consider is size increases. When you're under the effects of Enlarge Person or something, the nodachi jumps to 2d8 while the falchion only goes up to 2d6. Depends on how often you actually use effects like that, but 2 damage is a reasonably big difference.

Another minor advantage of the nodachi is that it is in both the heavy blade and polearm fighter weapon groups. How useful that is debatable, but it's certainly not a downside.
>>
>>51925898
>>51925980
Nodachi being a polearm means it works with Piercing Thunder, and it works with Shield Brace. It also has piercing damage for those rare DRs, as well as for underwater combat (Before having FoM, non-piercing weapons only do half damage while underwater).
>>
File: 1488175206904.jpg (349KB, 1200x1577px) Image search: [Google]
1488175206904.jpg
349KB, 1200x1577px
>>51926112

nodachi? Don't you mean Naginata?
>>
File: SasakiTG.jpg (60KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
SasakiTG.jpg
60KB, 640x480px
>>51926240
Yeap, Nodachi.
>>
>>51922212
Question about the game. Took a look at feats and stuff. Are all the dragonborn feats taken from somewhere or made yourself ? Cause it seems a little odd that the basic +1 to caster level needs a bab of +6 to take. I.e level 12 for casters. Or things like vestigial wings having the same thing when kobolds can get it as a starting race feature without spending a feat on it, etc. Vestigial wings was a level 3 feat in 3.5 and that game had an even worse feat tax than pf. Is this intended to have such steep prereqs?
>>
>>51922212
If people gave a shit about your game it would be frequently discussed without actually having to prompt it yourself.

You know who else aggressively shilled his game? Espagnoll from Shattered star, and look how it turned out.
>>
>>51926522
Relax.
>>
Are any of the Bardic Masterpieces other than the peacock thing worth it?
>>
>>51926693
Not really.
>>
>>51922018
>Why are demodands even in this game?

Fatty Tieflings!
>>
>>51922018
>Which outsiders most often appear in your games?

Demons by a huge margin, followed by Devils as a distant but significant second. Demons are my jam, though.
>>
>>51922871
>grumpy bitch warpriestess, half-elf, cruel for the sake of cruelty, physically abusive, and over six feet tall. Mediocre combatant and semi-caster
>reclusive half-elf teenaged rogue, actually half-Drow, but nobody knows that. Started out aloof and unhelpful, but he's learning to at least try to contribute with a crossbow
>quiet, stoic witch qt, half-elf, extremely competent debuffer, but a closed book socially. Deep-seated Backstory trauma likely
>outgoing, zealous cleric of Iomedae, half-elf. Helpful combatant and caster, highly opinionated but compassionate
>brave but naive paladin of Iomedae, Aasimar, excellent combatant and fairly competent face (though the naïveté makes for some silly moments.) Deep-seated Backstory trauma confirmed.
>sardonic nerd alchemist, half-orc. Better at rogue stuff than rogue, but still too generalized. Probably got Best by his folks growing up
>spoiled bitch wizard, samsaran. Least developed, but already filling the smug and entitled niche.

The cleric and paladin clsssically got along the best. The witch and paladin seem to be getting along better and better. The warpriestess and the rogue get along only insofar as they bond over being verbally abusive and unhelpful. In general, with the exception of the warpriestess, everyone is pretty courteous, at the very least, or downright friendly at best.
>>
>>51922610
Yeah, I agree, dragons are for breaking and then making yours.

Dragon romance is fucking stupid and says nothing about your being the true heritor of Tiamat's fury.
>>
>>51926693
Depends. If you can maintain Life Budding In Salted Earth at maximum through Shadowbard or something, it's not bad.
>>
File: Alcor portrait.jpg (13KB, 161x224px) Image search: [Google]
Alcor portrait.jpg
13KB, 161x224px
>>51922018
My setting's deity had an embargo on outsiders for as long as he ruled. Even when he fell, he still had a strong distaste for outsiders, especially Celestials.

>Celestials are bastards. I know, because I'm a celestial.
>>
>>51922533
As both Strength bonuses to armor class are untyped, the bonuses do not stack, as per Paizo's FAQ.
>>
>>51923213
Real reason for the divergence is the fact that Saturday group found a glass marble in the crypt and Friday didn't (even with a perception roll of 30).
So Saturday had a tip to go to the glassworks and Friday was stuck on zero clues and went to the beach.
>>
>>51927601

The funniest part of this divergence is that the mission actually has a timer, if the party does not rescue Ameiko in time than she is sacrificed, meaning Jade Regent must be done with Amaya.
>>
>>51927601
So was it that hard to find, they searched in the wrong place or did the GM just railroad them to different outcome?
>>
>>51927652
No idea.

GM sounds like they would have preferred the reduced workload from having the two groups aligned though.
>>
Alright, so for any it may concern, Dragon Princes and Princesses no longer have a cooldown on their breath weapon.

If you don't spend the feats on it, it's not that practical beyond level 1-2, and if you do spend the feats, then you deserve to not have an arbitrary cooldown. You're cashing in Stamina to make it work even that well anyway.

Pic Semi-Related: Secret Agent Leidra
>>
>>51925404
Im not sure people really care. Its just a game and its not even in voice so how am I supposed to shout DEUS VULT at my party members when I Inspire Courage?
>>
>>51927708

Ahh yes, The Catsuit of holding! Very slimming.
>>
>>51927759

Since this is Iomedae, shouldn't it be "DEA VULT?"
>>
>>51927760
Presumably, they're still under the catsuit. With how she's pulling down the zipper, they'd currently be lower than the height they'd normally rest at.
>>
>>51927764
Hey SE, considering the precedent that Ishvan/Aisha is trying to set, how often are some of Culdranths children antagonistic dicks?
>>
>>51927952

I can neither confirm nor deny any allegations that probably most of them are selfish pricks however not all of them are antagonistic.
>>
>>51927989

Dragon DM! Dragon DM!

With Team Double X (with a little lone Y) running off to scheme and meme in Taldor, is there anywhere in particular you want the B-Team to adventure in? Perhaps somewhere in Garund, or maybe to the West or even far north?

I ask for obvious reasons, writing backstories with obvious ties to a nation might mean that nation gets used!
>>
>>51928046

thinking south isn't a bad idea
>>
File: 1383863490241.jpg (41KB, 394x353px) Image search: [Google]
1383863490241.jpg
41KB, 394x353px
>>51928056

But Dragon DM, everything South of Taldor and Thuvia is Mwangi Expanse and Qadira.
>>
>>51928118
mmmm thinking south in GENERAL is a good idea.
>>
>>51928118
>reeing Crystal Frazier
>>
File: 1468175891805.png (660KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1468175891805.png
660KB, 1280x720px
>>51925000
>espagnoll
I remember that guy.
I was in a game he ran once.
I don't remember how many sessions we got in on Carrion Crown before it broke.
Don't remember why it broke too, unfortunately.
I think it was because so many players (hard to) quit for reasons that it just couldn't sustain itself.

He has a Patreon these days
https://www.patreon.com/gamemasterespagnoll
>>
>>51928195
>nothing provided below a $100/month tier
>literally 'pay me to fuck around in r20'
>>
>>51928195
I have to believe this is someone who hates the guy false flagging. I have to.
>>
>>51927578
No. One replaces Dex and the other is an untyped bonus.
>>
File: 1465716166154.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465716166154.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>51928296
Please
He threw me the link at some point himself
>>
>>51928361
Wow what a faggot.
>>
File: 1483645852719.png (207KB, 450x416px) Image search: [Google]
1483645852719.png
207KB, 450x416px
>>51928195
It's real? Wow. Espagnoll would have to pay me to make me play one of his games.

It's not witch hunting, he really is a terrible person and GM.
>>
>>51928361
okay then let's continue greentexting what's wrong with this:
>only two slots for reward patrons, everyone else gets bupkis
>again, these slots are at FUCKING 100$ a month, for that price I could subscribe to basically every non-f2p mmo out there
>'pay for my new computer pls'
>riddled with spelling and grammar errors
>>
>>51928390
Dude's come on here before. Apparently he's from Spain and not a native English speaker.

Why he didn't ask a friend or two to proofread is beyond me.
>>
>>51928423
I'm aware of that, but if you're putting yourself out there on a professional basis, ESPECIALLY for a position that requires English mastery, then you proofread your shit.
>>
>>51928423
>from spain
>espagnoll
That actually makes sense.
>>
So XS got in on the Shattered Star game.

This should be hilarious.
>>
>>51928464
who
>>
File: 1488179531025.jpg (439KB, 600x876px) Image search: [Google]
1488179531025.jpg
439KB, 600x876px
How to i go full weeb /pfg/?
>>
>>51928516
Play L5R
>>
>>51928516
To my knowledge, the Kensai is still a thing.
>>
>>51927989
How does the demense handle dragons that like different climates? Like cold type dragons would be plenty comfortable in a glacial area but the demense is mostly tropical
>>
>>51928608

There are pleasently cool areas in the lower portions of the Demesne
>>
>>51928630
For Draconic Essence are we locked into the given examples for Draconic Exemplar? Like I'd want to be White Dragon but Paranoid doesn't fit so well as Vain or Power-Hungry
>>
>>51928608
Isn't endure elements a level 1 spell?
>>
>>51928744
Alignment restriction was lowered, but the package is otherwise as-is. At least that's how it was for us.

So you don't HAVE to be CE but that combo of energy type, dragon type (your heritage really; since it's actually really minor) and the compulsion remain intact.

For example, Atolm is Neutral and has 'Vain'
>>
>>51928748
Well just because you can handle hot weather doesn't mean a cold dragon doesn't wanna cool off laying in some snow! Like with huskies.
>>
>>51928630
I have a question for dragon DM! Can I start a martial arts school to spread the values of being physically fit, disciplined, and standing up for oneself in the Demesne? What would the residents think of it? Can I show them my awesome Kung Fu powers?
>>
>>51928764
We'll I wanted her to be NE White Dragon but paranoid just doesn't fit so well in my mind
>>
>>51928799
there *is* an arena master.
and some fit girls would be a nice change of pace; everyone's walking around all chubby!
>>
>>51928810
doesn't it?

White dragons are often known for their... subpar intellect. They're still fully sentient and can eventually become smarter than the average human, but that also means they spend at least their adult life onwards KNOWING that they're smaller and dumber than most of their cousins.

When you know dragons take the long view and like to scheme and use minions, it's easy to worry more and more that you are being played...
>>
>mfw I come up with a cool concept for dragon game but I'm too spaghetti to ever post a sheet
>>
>>51928825
Awwww yea!

Also, another question that could make or break Ezekiel's build: do I absolutely need to attune to a shield (with kinetic knight) to gain my elemental defense, or can I attune to a weapon and still gain the benefits of the elemental defense? I know it's probably not optimal- TWFing using a kinetic blade and an actual blade, sometimes switching to using fists- but kinetic knight works great for the build and synergizes nicely with Roil Dancer.

Second important question: kinetic knight let's you use Constitution instead of intelligence to meet feat prereqs. Artful dodge lets you use int instead of Dex to meet prereqs. If I take artful dodger, could I therefore use Constitution instead of intelligence and dexterity for meeting prereqs? I've done a bunch of Dex-based before and I'm getting tired of it: being able to use Constitution to qualify for TWF would be great
>>
>>51928838
While true and I wanted her to be a loveable dummy paranoid implies feeling threatened which doesn't seem like it'd be a factor in the demense.
>>
>>51924169
>>51925404

I want McCree-chan to win!
>>
>>51928908
I believe you cannot transfer prereqs like that.

You can use INT instead of DEX for those that apply there (I don't recall artful dodger directly, but the replacements are often a particular subset like "for two-weapon-fighting feats" like prodigious TWF or whatever it's called does with strength), and CON instead of INT for those that apply there, but most likely not CON instead of DEX.
>>
>>51929042
Fiddlesticks. Guess I'm taking Prodigious TWF then instead of artful dodge. Still, it's just a single feat, and I've got bunches of them. The question still stands about Kinetic Knight and attuning to a weapon or suit of armor instead of a shield, because I really hate using shields and it doesn't fit the character.
>>
>>51929091
Kinetic Knights don't attune to weapons. They just don't. The ability is "a specific light or heavy shield" for the day.

In fact if you look; it doesn't prevent them from using gather power, and they get bonuses for kinetic blade and whip.

In other words, you attune for a shield and your weapon is still your kinetic blasts.
>>
Should I get a Deep Crystal weapon, or just use the Psionic Weapon power? Or do they stack?
>>
>>51929130
They still have to wield it to get their elemental defense, right? It matters more if I go Geokineticist or hydrokineticist, because they have better elemental defenses, but if I swap to Aerokineticist Elemental Scion (so that I can TWF with a conductive longsword zapping people and a blade made of coiling air in my other hand) then it matters less because air has a trash defense. I might just have to bite the bullet here and cut my losses by moving over to Aerokineticist.
>>
>>51927601
>>51927652
>>51927661
Doesn't someone in Friday group WORK THERE? Like, hell, he's probably going to want to go back to work soon anyway. Or is that metagaming?
>>
So guys, what diety would have issue with someone cheating death by reincarnating indefinitely?
>>
>>51922086
Ok, but some of these are just completely forgotten. When was the last time you saw someone using kytons, demodands or aeons? They are just... there.
>>
>>51929194
I think Pharasma would.
>>
>>51929161
They stack.
>>
>>51929165
Yes; that AND be wearing heavy armor. Your elemental defense only comes online at level 4 and only functions while you have heavy armor and an attuned shield.

By the way, though... you COULD conductive through shield-spikes... You need all hands free for gather power, the attuned shield just itself gets to bypass that; holding another weapon would let you fire off blasts, but you wouldn't be able to gather power; and it doesn't scale too well if you're not upping burn costs.

It's not necessarily good or bad, you can build either way, but it's something to take into account as you do.
>>
>>51929194
There are Inevitables whose job is specifically to destroy people like that.
>>
>>51929218
Cool. And Deep Crystal only increases the cost of a weapon by 1000GP.
>>
>>51929219
There's an item in KoP 2 (dragon DM approved) that allows for wielding an item and still gathering power. I guess that's gonna be on my list of priorities to acquire, because it would allow me to actually be able to TWF with a conductive longsword and a kinetic blade (like I said, not the most optimal strategy but it would be cool)
>>
>>51928149

I don't know what I want more.

Going north to fight Fafnheir and become the big dick of big dick Linnorm Kings, or go South as a swarthy Thuvian and forge an empire in the lands that spawned civilization!
>>
>>51929197
I like Kytons
>>
>>51929235
I thought they were just for literal invulnerability and immortality?
>>
>>51928917

Give her Unlearned or maybe Doubt. She's a big dumbie that everyone loves, but when someone calls her out on being kinda slow it just carves into her very being.
>>
>>51929516
Avoiding your rightful death is a form of death avoidance that inevitables frown upon, especially when you're using magic to do it.
>>
>>51929516
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/inevitable/inevitable-marut/
> Extraordinary but natural means of cheating death are sometimes also punished, such as the magistrate who murders an entire starving town to save himself, or those who foresee their own deaths via divination magic and are therefore able to avoid them

Inevitables are sort of dicks ya.
>>
>>51928838

interestingly, The Queen herself USED to be a White dragon. A very studious one at that. then she became what she is now.
>>
File: thinking.png (475KB, 651x1047px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.png
475KB, 651x1047px
>>51929594
I wonder if that will become plot important....
>>
>>51929575
So youre saying that as soon as Marduk reincarnates and stops being an ancient gold dragon, a cr 15 inevitable will show up and wreck both of us

Thats harsh
>>
>>51929909
Might show up.

Same chance as a serial killer showing up at your door right right now with a machete and butchering you before you can finish typing a snarky reply.

It could happen, yes. But it's unlikely.
>>
>>51929909
Yeah, if the Inevitable happens to find out about the circumstances. The world's a pretty big place though.
>>
So, question: Ezekiel's build involves (using Prodigious)TWFing with a kinetic blade and a conductive longsword (at level 5). What maneuvers should I pick from Thrashing Dragon, Mithral Current, or E. Flux? The other side of the gestalt is Fighter, and with feat tax rules in effect I'll probably have enough feats to just take advanced study a bunch to get stuff I need, but at level 3, what maneuvers and stances do I want?
>>
>>51929909
Cheat death enough times and, well, inevitably.
That's the joke.
>>
>>51929518
I don't see those listed.
>>
>>51929518
>>51930137

He's confusing Drawbacks with Draconic Essence Compulsions.
>>
>>51930161
Ah. I guess I can work around paranoid. Make her paranoid that people don't like her or think she's dumb? I dunno.
>>
>>51930188

Work it like this, She's not smart, she knows she's not smart. Other people know she's not smart. And she's been taken advantage of in the past. Or is constantly worried that someone is going to trick her.

Can still be the nicest, naive person around, but she still worries about these things.
>>
has WotR chosen yet?
>>
>>51930280
Yes invites have now been sent out.
>>
>>51930333
Who got in?
>>
>>51930333
>>51930360
AAAAAAAAAAAAA

I CAN'T SEE IT, I'M STUCK AT WORK
>>
File: Maxing Str in ERP.jpg (164KB, 1200x654px) Image search: [Google]
Maxing Str in ERP.jpg
164KB, 1200x654px
Oh!

Important thing to note, All kobolds that apply For Dragon Game get Tail Terror for free.
>>
>>51930333
DESPAIR.
>>
File: 260afyg.jpg (27KB, 800x517px) Image search: [Google]
260afyg.jpg
27KB, 800x517px
>>51930188
>>51930232
>She's not smart, she knows she's not smart.

Something something can't outsmart bullet something something. Has insecurities, but has a some kind of system or problem-solving approach that makes up for her shortcomings (real or perceived). Becomes much less confident when forced to work outside of that system that works for her, and thus gets paranoid about situations where she might have to.

Basically, she solves problems with brawn, and she's good at that, but she really worries that one day she'll find a situation where brawn won't cut it.
>>
File: 1482222949073.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1482222949073.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Who the fuck is Marduk
>>
>>51930542

Ancient gold dragon from one of the better apps to Dragon 2, guardian of his partner and hunting for Amrita before Edward Kelley gets to it first.
>>
So have the devs said anything stupid recently?
>>
File: NIOH_Key_Visual.jpg (425KB, 2000x2828px) Image search: [Google]
NIOH_Key_Visual.jpg
425KB, 2000x2828px
>>51930628

I think we crossed a few franchises with that explanation.
>>
>>51930232
How old would it make sense to make her? Taninim seem to start off as small and we're not gonna be level 5 so that implies she has to be wyrmling?
>>
>>51930728
The thing about Taninim is that they age via experience not by actual age.

And all of The Queen's children are technically mutants.

If we go by technicalities your character should reach playable age at 60.

But honestly you can have a playable character as young as ten if you wanted.
>>
Rolled 1, 1 = 2 (2d10)

>>51930756
>as young as ten
And now I know what age to make my char look.

Also, where did you want us to roll for HP? Would here suffice? Like could I use this roll for my HP and call it good? Or did you want us to roll somewhere specific?
>>
>>51930628
Shit man, i posted the app and even Im confused by that description

Thanks though
>>
>>51930859

really, i'd rather you just assume full hp for first, then half untill the game starts. When the game starts we'll roll for real
>>
>>51930904
Okay. Here's hoping I make it in.
>>
>>51930756
Well I want her Thicc so I'd prefer the older edge of the spectrum.
>>
>>51930989

You want a mom bod? That's not hard, just be a mid 40s woman that's had a couple kids.
>>
>>51931022
She's a dragon, anon.
>>
>>51931043

And?
>>
>>51931043

And Dragons don't have breasts either, yet here we are.
>>
>>51931043

You'd be surprised how little that matters to some people.

Weird, I know.
>>
>>51931107
Hey SE, how do you feel about characters crafting their own stuff?

How much of a discount could it provide at character creation, how much of a benefit will it be in-game?
>>
>>51931107
>>51931194
So it'd be a couple dozen kids. Dragons lay eggs after all.
>>
>>51931229

Ahhh, generally i dont like people crafting things prior to game. Unless that's essential to your character ala Artisan class or some such.

Talk with me about it in the LFG, we'll hash something out.
>>
File: Disgusted Child in her Bedroll.png (494KB, 671x648px) Image search: [Google]
Disgusted Child in her Bedroll.png
494KB, 671x648px
>consider the most logical thing for my character to do during the next session
>mfw someone spoils a few of the rails to me
>mfw realizing that it lines up exactly with what I was going to do anyway
>mfw brain promptly screams at me to NOT go with the original plan because it doesn't want us to look like metagaming twats
>mfw if I don't go with my original plan I'm afraid I'll end up falling back into my old habit of not doing ANYTHING proactive

roleplaying is hard
>>
>>51931288

Well, if it makes sense for your character to do it in the situation, it seems like there wouldn't really be an issue.
>>
>>51931335
I never thought I'd care about spoilers before, but after half a dozen scenes falling flat for me because I knew they were going to happen it's just getting frustrating.

>GM thinks I'm planning ahead to tie myself to certain scenes and keeps feeding me spoilers
>I'm just bullshitting out stuff that sounds cool
>>
>>51931414

Have you told your GM that you're just playing things by ear?
>>
>>51931271
That happens to be exactly what I'm going for. I'll post in the LFG in a while, unless you wouldn't allow Artisan in the first place.
>>
File: just tears.png (57KB, 353x367px) Image search: [Google]
just tears.png
57KB, 353x367px
>mfw choosing what mundane items to take
>>
>>51931713
Just get a pack.
>>
I had a really fun idea for a character to submit for dragon game part 2, but then I saw no spheres of might. Now I'm not sure if I should try forcing the concept with other classes or just make something completely different.
>>
File: 1441960502083.jpg (178KB, 655x600px) Image search: [Google]
1441960502083.jpg
178KB, 655x600px
WotR could post a list any moment. This is your last chance to shitpost or post theoretical groups without looking bitter! Or to take your bets on predicting a line up!
>>
>>51931872
>without looking bitter

Please, that's the point. Or sadness/despair, whatever floats your sinking boat of optimism, hopes, and dreams.
>>
File: 1487951287422.jpg (43KB, 462x533px) Image search: [Google]
1487951287422.jpg
43KB, 462x533px
>>51931872
Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up Shut up
>>
>>51931989
Come on anon you might still make it in. Believe harder.
>>
File: 1488190095962.jpg (34KB, 500x470px) Image search: [Google]
1488190095962.jpg
34KB, 500x470px
>>51931872
>Only the last minute recruits get picked
>>
>>51931872

I want McCree-chan to win, and Mudwrestling-chan to win, too!
>>
>>51931872
I want DHB to win just for the salt.
>>
>>51932156
>>51932212
Alright, so we'd have Solomon, Derrin, Abbi and Corvus. What remaining two slots could we add to get maximum salt?
>>
>>51932240

Meme candidates: the furries
>>
Hello! News from WotR GM(RgPl).

He will not posting his results on /pfg/. He will posting his selections on roll20, and anything that appears on here is likely false.

"[14:18] <~RgPl> I won't be posting any selections onto /pfg/, just roll20
[14:18] <~RgPl> When people drop their selections into thread it just gets turned into a shitstorm"

In the meantime, happy waiting and good luck to all applicants!
>>
New Thread: >>51932327
>>51932327
>>51932327
>>51932327
>>51932327
>>51932327
>>
>>51932297
Please tell him that we want the shitstorm. No one actually stays bitter for long, everyone just enjoys acting like they are.
>>
File: halfling sorceress.jpg (207KB, 450x638px) Image search: [Google]
halfling sorceress.jpg
207KB, 450x638px
Can someone good with spheres tell me if the Nimbus Focus drawback actually REQUIRES you to take a Nimbus talent with the drawback it grants? Because it just says you can't take any Nimbus talents EXCEPT with the talent granted by the drawback.

>three talents if I want to Blacklight AND Glory Encompassing Light if it's true
JUST
>>
File: tumblr_nhrrtmuHSG1tzhwg6o4_1280.jpg (76KB, 640x680px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhrrtmuHSG1tzhwg6o4_1280.jpg
76KB, 640x680px
So.

Thinking I might retool a character I once submitted to dragon game (the first time around) as basically a demesne-dwelling bancho--complete with the outfit.

I've got most of what I want in mind already (including plenty of skill points in stuff like sewing and cooking to contrast with the tough guy image), but what say you on this, /pfg/?

Should this draconic delinquent be a man or a woman?
>>
>>51932297
>>51932337
I mean the shitstorm is just going to bleed into the thread anyways.
>>
>>51932400
Dude.
>>
>>51932334

Damn it, i was right in the middle of making one too! At least this one is decent.
>>
>>51931989
Who is this character anyway? Besides a touhou. I just recognize him/her a doujin where they have a giant dong
>>
>>51932474
Mokou. Phoenix motif.
>>
>>51932474
A phoenix, I think. Or just someone who stole a phoenix's schtick/ate a phoenix to steal its powers.

But yeah, all touhous are female unless they're in doujins.
>>
>>51932474
Mokou. I don't know enough about Touhou to understand why she's always portrayed as a bullying victim though. I always remember her as an immortal berserker for some reason.
>>
>>51924834
One of the players copied the Chat Log from this game (Text Based) and the guy who dropped out is playing Zalat Mota. Whatever the DM did or has done, doesn't seem as bad as what the dropped player says happened (shocker) and seems to me like the dropped player is bitching about not being the most important snowflake in the game.

(Because he totally didn't read ahead and make a character that just so happens to fit perfectly into the role of the person who should get all the artifacts.

http://pastebin.com/xKXuYbHv
>>
>>51932756
Oh hey one of the people in that game is in another game I play.
>>
>>51932490
>Roll20 Present.
>A campaign directed by Espagnoll.
>>
>>51930360
>>51930383
>>51930411

Friends, you've been bamboozled.
>>
>>51933198
A good thing on this occasion.
>>
File: _____diplowl.jpg (85KB, 473x500px) Image search: [Google]
_____diplowl.jpg
85KB, 473x500px
>yfw you get selected
>and no invite
Hmmm.
Thread posts: 343
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.