[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the legal system like in your setting? Have your PCs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1482940127637.png (452KB, 559x418px) Image search: [Google]
1482940127637.png
452KB, 559x418px
What is the legal system like in your setting?

Have your PCs ever been held accountable for something they did? What about something they didn't do?
>>
I cross-examined that motherfucking parrot just yesterday. Best asspull delay.
>>
Are you a samurai? Then whatever you did wasn't a crime; depending on who you wronged or how many friends they have, though, you still may be captured, tortured, extorted, pressganged, strung up, or simply shot.

Regardless, ain't no time for courts on the frontier--that's for folks Back East.
>>
Well, SOMEONE has to go to prison don't they?
>>
>>51918991
>Rogue Trader
Efficient
>>
>>51918991

Both the accuser and defendant have special nooses tied around their necks which if pulled one way tighten, and if pulled another loosen.

These are then tied to one another, and in turn the entire rope arrangement is tied to two trailing ropes.

Those peers and witnesses who stand with the defendant grab the end attached to his neck, and the same for the plaintiff.

Tug-of-War and the will of the gods decides the victor.

This is the procedure for all crimes.
>>
Yes, at one point my character watched 4 LG heros eat 74 CHILDREN. As you can tell magic and time stoping are handy. I was kicked out of the group cause the jailed guys where level 15 and pissy and about to be executed, but the gm had more respect for me... i think. Idk tho if i would rat again or just run away for ever...
>>
>>51920669
>>51918991
Pheonix Wright makes a lot more sense when you realize it's based on the Japanese legal system which has like a 90% conviction rate, regardless of crime, and is on the WJO's watchlist.
>>
>>51920840
>WJO
the what?
>>
>>51918991

A magistrate hears both sides of the case then makes a judgement. The process is quick. The magistrate has a huge amount of discretion and is accountable only to his peers and the senate. There are no prisons for the common folk, so petty offenses are handled with fines, while serious offenses (including the inability to pay a fine) are given sentences of service, slavery, or execution. Physical punishments like whipping or exposure are technically legal, but considered barbaric and rarely given.

The party is pretty good about not causing crimes in urban areas, but did assault a magistrate once. I used it as an excuse to assign them a quest they probably would not have taken voluntarily.
>>
Our party stumbled smack dab into intrigue, a 'diplomat' murdered a whole bunch of peasant soldiers on the remains of a battlefield from a battle we were a part of. He was apparently part of some 'technology sharing program.'

They tried to ambush us but our jetpack knight stumbled onto them like minutes after they finished executing the soldiers and engaged in a stand off. After the party face showed up and we got to talking they attacked us. (one group of trained mercs versus we assume mercs. We however had two guys in powered armor and armored troop transport with a HMG turret) long story short we killed all of them except a sniper the Jet Pack Knight nabbed as a human shield/prisoner and now we're under house arrest in our compound (we're a merc unit)

we're awaiting a kangaroo court while the city's military order does its best to prepare a defence on our behalf but the city will probably be invaded before that happens and we're waiting for that battle so we can cut and run when the defences are overwhelmed.

also we'd rather not get hung by fat oligarchs.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.