[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pirate game finder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

So, /tg/, we've had a brainstorm in our group and decided we want, need and have to play some sort of pirate game, BUT it can't be 7th Seas.

Ideas? Games? Suggestions?
Other than GURPS, that's so far our best pick.
>>
>>51914047
Combine Wooden Ships and Iron Men with the rules lite RPG system of your choice
>>
>>51914231
But wasn't WS a bunch of hard-on realism?
>>
>>51914321
If you're doing a pirate game, and I assume that means late golden age of sailing ships, then naval combat is the important thing to get right.
>>
This thread needs ALESTORM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yKFQap_N9g
>>
>>51914455
No, this thread needs games
>>
It's fucking obvious OP, GURPS is best system for all settings, all genres, all games.
>>
>>51915099
Take the trolling elsewhere.

That said, GURPS is a good pick for this kind of game. And good on OP for avoiding 7th Sea (or at least 1st edition, haven't played the second), it's pretty bad.

I bet there are some OSR games revolving around this, Savage Worlds would also probably do a decent job if you're into that kind of thing. Fate if you prefer something with a heavy narrative bent.
>>
File: And a Bottle of Rum.jpg (288KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
And a Bottle of Rum.jpg
288KB, 500x647px
This one's a hybrid wargame/RPG which features both ship-to-ship and man-to-man combat. and supports head-to-head, gm-less co-op, and solo play.
It's by Two Hour Wargames, though, so it could be better presented for learning purposes.

Here's a Mega, And a Bottle of Rum is under Black Powder.
https://mega.nz/#F!9R8G2aQb!g-dZXkyCmkrljzH60tZEhQ

Like almost all their stuff it's based around their excellent Chain Reaction core rules, so maybe look at the CR2015 pdf under free stuff first, it'll be easier to learn that and then add on the changes and extensions used for And a Bottle of Rum
>>
>>51915191

Me and the lads were considering 7th Sea. Can you explain what's wrong with it in some more detail?
>>
File: 901.jpg (271KB, 816x639px) Image search: [Google]
901.jpg
271KB, 816x639px
>>51915191
OP here and fuck off, since we always considered GURPS as first option, but it would be nice to know different game good at pulling this shit.
>>
>>51914047
I'd use Open Legend, but I'm also looking for an excuse to play it right now.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.