[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MM17 Prediction Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 19

File: Image (1).jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
31KB, 223x310px
MM17 spoilers start in a few hours. Let's play a game. Name the first three cards that WotC spoils in order to get us lemmings to preorder a box or two.

>> Liliana of the Veil. Old Art. Mythic.
>> Snapcaster Mage. New Art. Rare.
>> Horizon Canopy. Old Art. Mythic.
>>
File: 1392636193228.gif (876KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1392636193228.gif
876KB, 500x281px
>>51912720
>>> Snapcaster Mage. New Art. Rare.
>>
>>51912720
I want to see Grove of the Burnwillows! FutureSight art! Make it happen Wizards!
>>
>>51912786
Snibbedi Snab:DD is an almost certain inclusion.

> Box art looks a lot like a blue wizard. What card depicts a blue wizard, and is notable enough to be the face of the booster box?

> When have WotSee before shifted a rare (in the time of mythics) to mythic?

Sorry, Joe, but this one is very plausible.
>>
>>51912786
Hierarch was a rare, anon.
>>
Cavern is the only thing they can print to make me excited for this garbage set.
>>
>>51913175
Cavern is too easy to print in a regular set as a money maker for them to put it in Modern Masters. Kinda like fetches.
>>
Has a card with Snapcaster's value been printed at rare in a Masters set before?
>>
>>51913291
Noble Hierarch was about $40 when MM2 came out, kinda like Snapper now.
>>
what are the chances Doubling Season gets reprinted?
>>
Mox Opal
>>
>>51913433
Probably very low. It's been replaced with effects that don't put extra counters on planeswalkers.
>>
We already have Grissy B, Domri Rade and Stoic Angel on pack art.

And if previous MM are anything to go on, it will be garbage. Like, absolutely terrible. What WotC SHOULD do is take the too 250 most expensive Modern cards and reprint them with an unlimited run.

What they WILL do is preserve their precious "Healthy Draft Environment" and continue to Jew people with 10$ packs while not giving us sufficient reprints and putting garbage like comet storm at mythic.
>>
>>51914024
But you might get a goblin guide!
>>
>>51914059
>maybe get one card that needs a reprint
>when snappy, lili, Zen fetches and countless other cards are still $50 +

Great. There's no reason any card should be more than $10. There should be some entry barrier for players, because then you have to be at least moderately serious to play, but $800 decks is ridiculous.
>>
>>51914171
Hey, that blue man on the box might be snapman. Why dont you preorder a few boxes with my affiliate link and just relax lmao.
starcitygamescom/youreadumbgoipayme
>>
>>51914171
>then you have to be at least moderately serious to play,

Not even that. You play chess set on a $1 set and take the game very seriously. There are some people on cockatrice that take the game very seriously.
>>
>>51912720
>>51912996
They'll probably put a snabcaster in that duel deck and call it a day
>>
>>51916460

The chances of Wizards knowingly putting a $40 card on a duel deck are about as high as Liliana being a common in MM3.
>>
When exactly do the spoilers start?
>>
Would you guys be more okay with the focus on draft if the packs were 4 dollars a pack?
>>
>>51917164

I don't get the question. Who would not be "more okay" with paying $4 instead of $10?

If what you are asking is whether $4 a pack would make Modern Masters okay, the answer is no, and draft formats have nothing to do with it. Every single set that comes out is focused on draft. Only it is not because of draft, but rather it is an excuse for 90+% of the cards being utter shit. Modern Masters sets are intended to make Modern more affordable. And they do nothing of the sort. Better reprints at lower rarity and larger print runs is what is necessary. Dropping the MSRP will do very little if most of the product is in the hands of big retailers. Or are you suggesting that stores sell for $4 a product they know they can sell for $10? That is never going to happen.
>>
>>51912720
>a prediction game thread
>using Soothsaying instead of Predict
Mildly reeeee'd
>>
You heard it from me first

Snap and Lili are expedition/masterpieces to help preserve the secondary market.

Those are the only needed reprints that get printed, this set is very focused on draft and will be better than OG MM but at the cost of fewer reprints.
>>
>>51917707
>> better

That word does not mean what you think it does.
>>
>>51912720
Zen fetches reprints
>>
cards that, if reprinted, would make me buy boxes:

Kitchen Finks
Voice
Chord
Lili
Snap
Enemy fetches
Damnation
Blood Moon

>>51917164
I would also buy boxes if they were at $4 a pack and they contained even a few cards I'd like to get my hands on.
>>
>>51918221
>Enemy fetches
>Damnation

There is no way they reprint those in MM17. Enemy fetches are a silver bullet money making scheme for a shitty standard set.

Damnation was a mistake and there is no way it is coming back. If they did not reprint it in FtV:Annihilation, it is never coming back unless there is a literal End of Days event. For all intents an purposes, Damnation is on the reserved list.
>>
>>51913206
Yeah but it requires a tribal theme in the set. We just got out of Innistrad, so there's a very low chance that it will get a reprint in standard any time soon. I'd prefer it, but it's just not happening while Eldrazi are in standard.
MM17 is going to Innistrad. If it's going to happen in the next few years, it'll happen here.
>>
>>51918221
>a bunch of mythics and chase rares
Jesus these are $10 packs. There should be value in the uncommons/commons for you to even consider buying packs, much less a box. You cannot buy packs for the rares/mythics in sets with Domri and Stoic Angel on the pack art. That's absolute lunacy.

I'll buy boxes if they reprint Bolt at common, Path at Uncommon, Push at Uncommon, etc.
>>
>>51918509

Every set can be given a tribal flavor in a pinch. i agree that it should not be on the same standard as Eldrazi, but once they are gone, it is open season. Aetherborne could have been more tribal in Kaladesh. Mummies or whatever in Amonkhet could be given a tribal flavor.

The fact that Cavern of souls is an obviously powerful card, and hence, an expensive one, and that it was given a generic name is a clear indication that it can come back anywhere, any time.
>>
>>51912720

>hey thinks they won't goyshift snapcaster up to mythic
>>
>>51912720
snapcaster is guaranteed to be a mythic after what happened to goyf and bob.

im hoping for cavern of souls and craterhoof behemoth reprint

also, theres rumours of guide being reprinted
>>
>>51912919
I also want that so bad.

On a good note, the price is on the way down anyway.
>>
>>51912720
Alright here are the safe guesses
>Snapcaster. Mythic
>Mox Opal, Mythic
>Emerakul, Mythic
>Eleshnorn, Mythic
>Syggarda, Mythic
>Path to Exile, Mythic
>Lightning Bolt, Super Mythic
>>
>>51919807
>Path at Mythic
I could see it but I'd be a little mad
>Lightning bolt higher than uncommon
RRRREEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>51918221
Damnation won't be reprinted so long as MaRo works at the company.
>>
No word yet I take it?
>>
>>51920056
I would be seriously surprised if anyone at Hasbro asks MaRo for any input beyond lunch orders. Damnation will get reprinted as soon as it is necessary from an economic point of view, and not a minute sooner.
>>
>>51912720
Mythics are
>Linvala, Keeper of Silence
>Omniscience
>Griselbrand
>Liliana of the Veil
>Bonfire of the Damned
>Thundermaw Hellkite
>Tarmogoyf
>Domri Rade
>Voice of Resurgence
>Stoic Angel
>Sen Triplets
>Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
>Ensnaring Bridge
>Oblivion Stone
>Boseiju, Who Shelters All

Snapcaster and Cavern of Souls are rare, there is no shocklands, fetchlands, Hierarch or Damnation.
>>
>>51914452
>youreadumbgoipayme
I chuckled
>>
File: IMG_0684.png (9KB, 407x395px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0684.png
9KB, 407x395px
Hey I'm just starting out on M:TG, I bought a few beginner decks a while back but I don't have anyone to play with (yet, I'm moving to Charlotte NC in a few months)

Where should I really began and can someone give me some tips on building a deck? I know now that I shouldn't have bought those starter decks according to veterans but I really wanted to get started
>>
>>51920671
You should never buy any sealed anything, ever. Get cockatrice, build decks you think you might enjoy and buy only the singles you need.

Extra credit: For any card over $5, go the chinaman route.
>>
>>51920348
Jesus Christ! If you turn out to be right, boxes of this piece of shit will sell for $120 in a couple of months.
>>
>>51920671
>Where should I really began
Some game stores have times for new players to learn.
>can someone give me some tips on building a deck?
Pick a format before you start buying cards. Find out what format is played at your LGS. Playtest on Cockatrice/Xmage before you start spending loads of money on a deck you might not like.
>>51920813
>You should never buy any sealed anything, ever.
Sealed pre-release events are my absolute favorite way to play magic. Drafts are fun too.
>>
>>51920927
>Sealed pre-release events are my absolute favorite way to play magic. Drafts are fun too.
Sealed events are good. Standard Preconstructed Decks are literally designed to be unplayable.
Some Duel Decks and most Commander Preconstructed Decks are very good.
>>
>>51920927
>Teach me how to build a deck
>Sealed pre-release events are my absolute favorite way to play magic.

The guy asks for help to get into constructed formats and you tell him to go to sealed pre-release events. Count to potato, anon.
>>
>>51921246
Read my entire post and eat a plate of shit.
>>
>>51921295
I did. Guy asks for help with constructed formats. Somebody tells him not to buy any sealed product, which is pretty sound, standard advice. You say that sealed is your favorite format...

He asked for help with constructed. You mention how much you enjoy sealed. He says constructed. You reply sealed. Constructed. Sealed.

1,2,3,... potato.

Also, sealed is your favorite format, so you are a board certified retard anywho.
>>
>>51918140
Fetches will never happen in supplemental product. Those are reserved for standard sets.
>>
>>51920813
Okay, I'm still a mega noob and am feeling a bit overwhelmed by the sheer enormity of this hobby.

I'm not looking to do any tournaments or anything, just weekend fun with people at a store. Any tips you can give me? Also how expensive would you describe this hobby as being?

I'm also confused by legality of cards and such. What exactly does that mean?
>>
>>51921378
There's no rule about that though. Just because it hasn't happened before doesn't mean it can never happen. Wizards may be inclined to put the ZEN fetches in a supplemental product so we don't have to endure four-color goodstuff cancer in Standard like Khans.
>>
>>51921347
>Somebody tells him not to buy any sealed product, which is pretty sound, standard advice.
No, an anon advised to never buy sealed product, ever. My response was that there are times in which buying sealed is not a bad idea. I didn't even bring up the concept of playing sealed formats to improve deckbuilding skills because draft can be very rough to newer players.

My response to the anon who actually asked the question had nothing to do with sealed. Again, eat shit.
>>
>>51921386
The thing is, if you want to play with people outside of your group of friends, you need to be competitive. Truly casual groups are a rare animal, outside of kitchen table games.

Standard is a format where only the last sets are legal. Modern goes back to 2005. Legacy and Vintage do all the way back to 1993, so you probably don't want to get near those unless you are willing to spend thousands of dollars to play.

If you want to play at a store, you either build a competitive deck, which can cost anything from $100 for a standard deck to $400 for a modern one, or else get ready to lose. A lot. Casual decks get stomped in this game.

It sucks, but that has been the essence of the game since the early days.
>>
>>51921440
My god. You truly are retarded. I'm sorry. I hope one day we find a cure.
>>
>>51921517
Okay.
>>
>>51921404
They print money. This is why. They want a set to sell? Put some incentive in it. Fetches are a huge incentive. Don't think that they were just included for mechanical relevance. They don't want to push duel decks hard enough to include a bomb like fetches. There is no written rule about this because you and I are not privy to the specifics of their business practices. However, if you have a any business sense at all it will make a lot of sense and has been the pattern we've seen
>>
>"we want players to draft this, so we made it identical in feel to every other set, but charge twice as much for you to actually draft it"
Why would I draft something that costs twice as much without being twice as much fun, or at least twice as much crazy? If I'm shitting out that much money I expect an experience I wouldn't get with any other set. Who is the target audience?
>>
>>51921749
>Who is the target audience?
Drafters who get suckered in by mythics.
>>
>>51921749
People who love WotC's cock being rammed down their throat when they buy sub par products.
>>
>>51921500
S-So you have to keep buying new cards is every couple of months just to play?
>>
>>51921913
If you mean in Standard, you could potentially keep your deck and just buy whatever you need from the new set. But eventually, all your cards will rotate out of the format.

In Modern, you pay a higher initial "fee", specially in the form of lands, but cards do not rotate out. On the other hand, cards get banned for not very good reasons, so your deck can become obsolete overnight.
>>
>>51922099
Which is the more common format?
>>
>>51922111
Depends on the store. Ask the owner.
>>
>>51918836
>>51919262

>after what happened to goyf and bob

they have yet to rare->mythicshift from a set that had mythics. They might break that precedent but they haven't yet.
>>
>>51919653
Wow! Thanks for the info! I might have to buy a few original printings
>>
>>51922250
What if Goyf is rare again? It won't happen because of "MUH INVESTORS", but let's pretend.
>>
It's going to be one or two cards that really need a reprint, then the rest is going to be draft jank because fuck people who want to play anything but Standard.
>>
>>51921440
Buying sealed product if:

A) Not playing Limited
B) It isn't sharply discounted

Is retatded, and you're a retatd for advocating it.
>>
Imperial seal mythic rare
>>
>>51912720

Island
Forest
Swamp
>>
>>51922672
I didn't advocate it any more than you just did. Learn to read.
>>
>>51922672

I'll admit to buying a fat pack of a new set when it comes out, partially for my land collection, partially for the spin down, and mostly for the fun of opening boosters. But that's just for fun and I know rarely worth it cash wise.

After that fat pack though I only buy packs to play sealed.
>>
>>51922788
>Island
Excuse me, this set is for Modern staples.
>>
>>51921378
MaRo literally said their official post-Modern format will not include KTK block because they don't want fetchlands to be part of it.
>>
azura lost but sleeking
>>
>>51921913
Depends on the format.
Go to your LGS and ask what formats they play.
>Standard
Money sink, will have to spend $300+ every six months to stay competitive and the format is not enjoyable at all if you're not competitive but a single other player is.
>Modern
You can spend $500 or $1200 on your deck, depends on how hardcore the store is. But that expense will be a once in a lifetime thing unless you pick the absolute best deck and it gets something banned because lol.
>Legacy
Again, can be ultra expensive or rather cheap. But the deal here is that some of the least expensive decks (Manaless Dredge, Burn, Elves, Pox, Merfolk, Affinity, Goblins) can actually beat some of the best decks and at a small scale that's all you need. Unless you're going to Legacy GPs picking a deck that can beat 2/4 consistently among Miracles, Delver, Storm and Show archetypes means you've got a deck that can win local tournaments. Again, one time expense.
>Commander
This has the most ridiculous cost curve depending on the locals. If they're all weenies you can get by with a $35 prebuilt deck. If they're all assholes you need a $900 supertuned asshole combo deck.
>>
>>51922880
That doesn't mean a whole lot.
>>
>>51922998
It means fetchlands won't be reprinted in the foreseeable future.
>>
>>51922111
Standard is a much smaller investment.
If I were you Play casually, buy a deckbuilder's toolkit to get an idea of the mechanics, and show up for the Amonkhet pre-release.
>low-pressure format
>everybody building stuff for the first time
>promos
>prizes
Then build a standard deck off of what you like from the pre-release.

If you play modern, play red. The cards are super cheap.
>>
>>51922986
>This has the most ridiculous cost curve depending on the locals. If they're all weenies you can get by with a $35 prebuilt deck. If they're all assholes you need a $900 supertuned asshole combo deck.

Thank goodness there is only one asshole in my group.
>>
>>51923623
The best way to play commander is to have multiple decks of varying powerlevels, using chinamen fakes or other proxies where necessary.
>>
>>51923623
>complaining because he can't afford a real deck

why play commander?
>>
Theyre gunna reprint bood moon, i feel it in my bones.
>>
>>51923563
>If you play modern, play red. The cards are super cheap.
Have you seen the price of a blood moon lately?
>>
>>51924631
I have that feeling too
>>
I predict balancing for limited and throwing cards that nobody wants ever will ruin the set

Again.
>>
>>51924982
But anon you wouldn't want an unfun draft environment would you?

now give me $10 a pack goyim, I need to hire lawyers to cover my ass over the reserved list.
>>
Spoilers when?
>>
Just four more hours.

LotV
Snapcaster
Abrupt Decay
Voice of Resurgence
Maze's End
All 10 Gates
Cavern of Souls
Falkenrath Aristocrat
Mikaeus, the Unhallowed
Supreme Verdict
Karn

Shocklands will not be in. Hoping for Urzalands and Temple to be at uncommon but I doubt it.
>>
>>51913433
I got mine from the first mm and its value is constantly rising albeit minimaly
>>
>>51912996
They shift rarity all the time see Bob and goyf
>>
So will we get a semen sight reprint?
>>
>>51927651
jizz visions? it's already been reprinted to hell and really cheap iirc
>>
>>51927108
>Karn
Yes, PLEASE
>>
>>51927716
They arent printing ponder, gitprobe, or preordain. They dont want the last two blue players to have an anurysm and the set needs a cantrip.
>>
>>51922986
>>This has the most ridiculous cost curve depending on the locals. If they're all weenies you can get by with a $35 prebuilt deck. If they're all assholes you need a $900 supertuned asshole combo deck.

commander is fairly unique as a format since i'd argue that the primary purpose of the format isn't winning. it's basically an unspoken agreement that everyone builds their deck at 75% power because if everyone builds at 100%, it'll be 4 guys tutoring for the same combo every game, and that's pretty boring

so basically, i'd say the average cost of a typical commander deck is about $150-250. less than that and you might have trouble with mana fixing and staying competitive in the 75% meta. more than that and you're basically just throwing money into trash because no one gives a shit whether your commander deck can win or not. it's all about that spicy tech and flavor.
>>
>>51928022
Commander babby, can confirm its about the spicy tech and janky combos. It the only format where extra turns, LD and combos result in you losing more games than you win.
>>
>>51928022
>Tunning down your edh deck so you can have "fun"
This fucking casualfags are more stupid everyday
>>
>>51928049
My narset deck and Breya deck say otherwise, faggot
>>
File: lifeline.jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
lifeline.jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>51928049
hell yea i love spicy tech

>>51928075
>he doesn't have a 75% meta
soz bro... or wait, did you ruin your meta for everyone by adding fast mana and tutors to your deck?
>>
>>51928096
>Ruining a meta for running good cards
Laughinggirls.jpg
>>
>>51928094
Your playgroup is bad then. The natural order is the best combo decks should be hated out, then the best constructed durdle deck wins. Does anyone i your playgroup even own a Fow or pact?
>>
>>51928129
Like if they could cast those cards against me
>>
>>51928075
>Playing EDH for winning
Fucking Spikes, they can't stop themselves from turning everything into a competition
>>
>>51928175
>Playing EDH at all
>>
>>51928184
>Not playing tied-for-second best format
>>
>>51913514
I see this happening. Opal is at that point where it can either tank, or skyrocket in price.
>>
>>51928175
But if you don't play to win, why do you care? You can still Play your shitty Cat tribal deck, loose and have fun because you are not there foro the win casualfag
>>
commander is quite literally the only format that wotc's and the secondary market's jewish tricks have no real effect on because there is no real push for commander players to need any specific card
>>
>>51928215
>4-man pod
>One of them is a "I play to win" Spike
>Ruins everyone fun by winning on turn 3/4 each time
>>
>>51928225
The only trick that works is giving them what they want, wotc's worst nightmare.
>>
>>51928225
>Atraxa
>Doubling seasons
>Tabernacle
>Kaalia
>Angus Mckenzie
>Duals and fetch Landa
>Demonic tutor
>Rhys the redeemed
Wew lad
>>
>>51928225
The problem with commander players is that they're so fucking stupid they enjoy playing with shit cards
>>
File: 1487203485450-pol.jpg (33KB, 402x416px) Image search: [Google]
1487203485450-pol.jpg
33KB, 402x416px
>>51928264
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>tabernacle
>>
>>51928264
you have a point about commanders being expensive but the rest of those cards aren't really needed for anyone to play the commander deck they want to

>doubling season

it'll be banned some day i swear
>>
>>51928245
>I don't need to win ti have fun.
>Loses
>Doesn't have fun and blame other players on it's own shit building choices.
Tipical casualfag
>>
>>51927624
They've only upshifted rares that were originally printed before mythics existed.
>>
>>51928264
>Atraxa
>Kaalia
>Angus Mckenzie
>Rhys
Those are commanders and the commander you play is the one you chose to

>Doubling Season
>Demonic Tutor
Depends on your color and they are just the best in their categories. There's cheaper version and it doesn't actually change your game which one you run

>Dual lands
Same

>Fetchlands in EDH
LOL
>>
>>51928324
And Aether Vial
And Lightning Bolt
>>
>>51928322
>Can't even imagine that losing can be fun
Typical Spike
>>
>>51928302
>It'll be banned some day i swear

I'll convince one of my friends to purchase it. He has the worst luck when it comes to buying staple cards and having them banned after they ship but before they arrive.
>>
>>51928336
Which weren't rares in the first place.
>>
>>51928342
They were still upshifted
>>
File: 1484704068614.png (15KB, 325x429px) Image search: [Google]
1484704068614.png
15KB, 325x429px
>>51928328
>fetch lands
>provides a 1 life cost shuffle
>useful in 3-5 colored decks
>synchronize well with landfall or ltb effects

hearty kek, friend
>>
>>51928351
Sorry if it wasn't clear, they've only upshifted rares to mythics when the rares were from sets before mythics.
>>
File: commander spikes.png (200KB, 400x1446px) Image search: [Google]
commander spikes.png
200KB, 400x1446px
>>
>>51928359
>reshuffling used to be a red and blue mechanic
>now every asshole can do it
>>
>>51928375
I mean if I were an EDH spike I would play simply to ruin the fun of commander scrubs that feel like they are entitled to have fun playing the game
>>
>>51928385
>blue/red mechanic
>tutors have been a thing for every color base forever
>>
>>51928396
>No one should have fun playing a children card game
>>
>>51928385
Soldier of Fortune is still one of my all-time favorite cards.
>>
>>51928396
All that happens when someone tries to be a spike in commander is everyone else becoming spikes. The format is easily broken by a myriad of different cards. You'd likely get BTFO in quick order by something far more degenerate than you can come up with.
>>
>>51928462
At that point the damage is already done and my work is complete
>>
File: Restoration-Angel.png (158KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Restoration-Angel.png
158KB, 265x370px
>>
This set symbol is ugly
>>
>>51928860
Diggin that set symbol.
>>
File: 1386883974155.gif (961KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
1386883974155.gif
961KB, 240x180px
>>51928375
>I cast lightning bolt at your tarmogoyf
>>
File: en_7srM4tmHyG.png (157KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_7srM4tmHyG.png
157KB, 265x370px
>>
>>51929026
the madmen did it
>>
>>51929026
>not mythic
Fuck wizards for shitting on investors.
>>
File: n0K7fqEw4e_fetch.png (562KB, 850x500px) Image search: [Google]
n0K7fqEw4e_fetch.png
562KB, 850x500px
>>
>>51929044
based wotc shitting on investors
>>
File: bgOwRCi.png (164KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
bgOwRCi.png
164KB, 265x370px
>>
>>51929049
dont play with my heart
>>
>>51929026
According to the article this thing was spoiled in, it was supposed to be in m15, but mono black devotion was so good they pulled it off again.
Theros ruined more than just standard.
>>
>>51929026
>Rare
>Not uncommon

This game is really going to the shitter.
>>
>>51929044
get the fuck out dubs jew
>>
>>51918407
Damn bro, it's literally impossible for you to have been more wrong here
>>
>>51914024
Could you explain why they "SHOULD" do that? It'd probably make for a terrible draft format.

Or were you just joking?
>>
>>51918407
screencapped
>>
>>51918407
Brah They wanted damnation in Orgins but because of black devotion they pulled it. They want to print it down to nothing but the meta kept getting in the way.

WotC does not care about the secondary market in the same way like they used to. With the advent of price setting card sellers like Starcity that artificially inflate card vales they simply don't care anymore. They have moved towards more cards being printed that are good and command value for the gamble factor but are printed so much its simply not worth hoarding singles.They are also much more liberal about reprints. If its not on the reserved list and its played it WILL get a non special (read masterpiece and similar) reprint in some set or product or other Thats why many of the investors that actually move product instead of pretending to play the game have almost fully transitioned into sealed product. Its much more stable and not subject to what starcity games and WotC are doing. Hell even Dark Ascension boxs are making profit now because of it.
>>
>>51929026
Fucking Christ, THANK YOU.
>>
>>51929189
> a wrath
> at uncommon

show me when that has EVER happened
>>
>>51929470
Drown in Sorrow
Flaying Tendrils
Havoc Demon
Ichor Explosion

Right from the wiki.
>>
>>51929589
> -2/-2
> -2/-2
>When a 7-drop dies, -5/-5
>7-mana conditional wipe

You're right, that's equivalent to a 4-mana hard board wipe
>>
>>51929589
like the other anon said, if you can't see the significance of 4 mana 'destroy all creatures' you don't quite realise the reason of putting it at rare.
>>
File: 6568.jpg (352KB, 591x707px) Image search: [Google]
6568.jpg
352KB, 591x707px
>>51921378
>>
>>51918407
Get bent motherfucker
>>
File: the next day.jpg (42KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
the next day.jpg
42KB, 600x450px
>>51918407
>>
>>51918407
I need you to make another post saying
>dual lands
>there is no way they reprint those in MM17
This is the only way I can afford legacy thanks.
>>
>>51921378
How embarrassing
>>
>>51921378
What's it like, anon? Tell me. I've never been blown the fuck out.
>>
there's no way they'll reprint mikaeus the unhallowed, or the praetors. simply no way.

i gotta try
>>
>>51929902
Just play Elves. You need 4 dual lands at most, and even I just run 4 gilt leaf palace instead.
>>
>>51929936
They already released the themes most things will be related except the lotto cards.

White-Blue Blink—Use creatures with enter-the-battlefield abilities and ways to reuse these abilities
Blue-Black Instant Control—Use lots of instants and counterspells to control the board
Black-Red Unearth—An aggressive deck that uses creatures with unearth to keep attacking
Red-Green Go Wide—Make tokens and use cards that make them all bigger
Green-White Populate—Take advantage of the populate mechanic from Return to Ravnica
>>
File: 1452296112503.png (81KB, 252x276px) Image search: [Google]
1452296112503.png
81KB, 252x276px
>>51921378
Delete your account
>>
>>51930318
>> Black-Red Unearth—An aggressive deck that uses creatures with unearth to keep attacking

sorry edh babby here

is there any chance of them releasing a new black & red reanimator themed legendary in this set?
>>
>dual lands
There is no way they are printing Underground Sea and co in MM17. This is their silver bullet for a going out of business sale. They would never squeeze it into this set. Dual lands were a mistake and are never coming back. For all intents an purposes cards on the reserve list are on the reserve list.
help
>>
>>51930491
>new
Almost zero. This is a reprint set.
>>
>>51930595
i think i knew the answer before i even asked

but u must know

i really need that BR reanimator legendary
>>
>>51930610

Which one?
>>
>>51930610
I really need a Standard set that isn't boring as fuck. Also a job.

But I know WotC isn't going to give either of them to me in MM3.
>>
The enemey fetches are already tanking online. Scalding is down to ~$45 on tcg
>>
File: 1484350852197.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
1484350852197.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>51921378
How does it feel to be so wrong?
>>
File: 1485359555641.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1485359555641.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>51918407
Only once have I seen an anon so wrong. BTFO in literally less than a day
>>
>>51929044
Go and die you fucking jew.
>>
>>51930318
Mikaeus makes sense in the br unearth deck. Craterhoof in the rg one and Voice in the gw one.

I hope that Stoic Angel being bant means that Noble Hierarch will also be in, although I doubt it.

Cavern of souls reprint seems unlikely now.
>>
>>51929044
Ayyyy. Your butthurt is our bliss, you tremendous faggot
>>
>>51930318
>Gruul goes wide, makes tokens and makes them bigger
>Selesnya populates, taking advantage of the keyword

Did...did they NOT see the obvious set up here? Jesus christ, I hope Naya tokens isn't busted
>>
>>51928511
then they'll simply switch back to their pet edh deck when you're gone. If you meet people who play edh, they control their powerlevel to whatevers at the table. You might catch them surprised and have them escalate a deck to compete with yours, but you'd be a fool to assume EDH fans actually want to combo off with an easy combo in relaxing time when it's more susceptible to use their Timmy monsters and Johnny combo interactions
>>
File: 1451637225985.jpg (59KB, 565x575px) Image search: [Google]
1451637225985.jpg
59KB, 565x575px
>>51918407
>>51921378
>>
>>51930943
They did it on purpose.

>To allow three-color decks to thrive, we needed to build a set where the color pairs overlap strategically. For each color, the two-color pairs have a significant overlap. For example, blue-white takes advantage of enters-the-battlefield abilities, while green-white is a populate deck. When you are playing all three colors, there are creatures that create a token when they enter the battlefield (more on those later this week!). They provide the strategic overlap that allow you to play three colors.
>>
>>51928375

>a wise choice friend
>i cast lightning bolt at your tarmogoyf

I don't know why but these made me laugh more than they should.
>>
>>51930943
Read the whole article. The set is designed to be drafted with more freedom than others. Allied colored pairs are the cores of the strategies but you could draft esper control if you wanted to.
>>
>>51931019
Hes got a card attacking, its obviously combining for lethal on his goyf.
>>
Jeskai control will be a viable draft format. believe it.
>>
>>51931180

In most cases and with most cases for decks running Goyf, casting lightning bolt at goyf is almost universally a bad idea because it usually grows bigger as the bolt resolves if an instant isn't already in the gy.

I just find it amusing that somehow bolting the goyf causes the other guy to scoop.
>>
>>51931597
>>I just find it amusing that somehow bolting the goyf causes the other guy to scoop.

well it makes perfect sense if you think about it
>>
>>51931597
Yeah I know a bolted goyf normally doesnt die, but it obviously will take lethal damage as a blocker whith the bolt. If his goyf dies he obviously didnt have anything left in hand or on board and hes fucked.
>>
>>51931647

In all my times of playing Modern, it's never ever been a case that's come up.
Thread posts: 191
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.