[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG COMPETITIVE MODERN GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 342
Thread images: 30

File: 38317_200w.jpg (24KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
38317_200w.jpg
24KB, 200x285px
No kitchen table tomfoolery
If you're going to post brews at least use the best cards for your strategy.

>Playin?
>Beatin?
>Losin to?

>Do you think the meta is healthy?
>What sort of modern tool are you hoping to see out of Amonkhet?
>Are you ACTUALLY expecting any bans?
>>
>>51912640

REPRINT THE FUCKING DAMNATION LIKE HOLY SHIT
>>
>>51912640
>Playin?
Sold infect for abzan junk, but borrowing my mate's affinity

>Beatin?
Tron xD and all the random jank decks that wander into our LGS

>Losin to?
Grixis. Got him down to 1 and he beat me in that game. I feel like commiting sudoku.

Meh. could be better. Blue needs a lots of support to make a decent control deck but I think there's just no in between for a miracles type deck and whatever passes for control in modern desu. Esp. if WOTC isn't considering printing FOW in modern. It's all pretty much linear combo, aggro, and midrange. But there are lots of types for each so it's way better than anything standard or frontier will ever do.

Combo shenanigans and/or dredge support.

Cheerios is a fucking meme deck so no.
>>
is there any hope for esper draw go to be competitive
>>
>>51912640
>Playing
New Storm
>Beating
Everything that isn't burn or GBx
>Losing to
Some combo decks and some aggro decks. You don't always win the race, but I never feel like I don't have a chance against them.

Meta is fine,it's modern I don't expect combo and control. Maybe they will finally print another good blue card. What was the last one? Snapcaster? Like fuck off with that. Ban Goyf desu, auto include in every green deck. I have my playset desu but it's just such a boring yet fucking OP card, there's just no competition in that slot.
>>
File: ARCHENEMY-NICOL-BOLAS-banner-1.jpg (72KB, 730x450px) Image search: [Google]
ARCHENEMY-NICOL-BOLAS-banner-1.jpg
72KB, 730x450px
So I'm new to magic, and lots of cool sets seem to be coming out soon. I'm looking forward to Amonkhet, cause I used to play yugioh and I love the egyption theme.

Modern masters 2017 looks cool as well, but I've heard that those sets can get pretty pricey. I'm also interested in getting Arch enemy nocol bolas. 4 prebuilt decks seems like a good deal.

Anything I should know about these upcoming sets? How have past sets that are similar to these done. And what would you guys recomend I check out? Also looking into buying singles to expand the decks I already have.
>>
>>51912808
>What was the last one? Snapcaster?
>Plays Baral storm
>What is Treasure Cruise
>What is Dig Through Time
>What is Flip Jace?
>>
>playing
G/B Tron
>brewing
Time Sieve Combo
>losing to
Infect mostly. Haven't gotten to the playtesting stage with the brew yet to find out, but I am excited for it.
>>
>>51912640

>Playin?
Jund. Trying DS Jund. I'm enjoying it.
>Beatin?
Most things
>Losin to?
Burn, Tron
DS Jund is beating everything but RW Prison. T1 blood moon or chalice makes it hard to play.

Mostly when people aren't bandwagoning on whatever won the latest GP.
Some kind of cheap CA from the gods.
no
>>
>>51912845
>two of those are banned

>flip jace
>???

kys
>>
>>51912899
yeah, blue sometimes gets good cards but then they get banned because they're good cards and blue is wotc's favorite color but hates modern so won't allow modern players to play bleu
>>
>>51912899
>Still whining about blue being "bad"
take your own advice, faggot
>>
>>51912845
Like Baral is a good blue card, but he's not really a blue card, he's just a combo enabler. Also Flip Jace was a meme, and yeah, ancestral recall is good, to bad no one can play it.
>>
>>51912929
>thinks baral holds up to ching chong wizardry

what does jew semen taste like?
>>
File: 1469905734214.png (291KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
1469905734214.png
291KB, 600x512px
>>51912845
>>
Next banlist update, 100% confirmed:

Baral Banned
Mox Opal Banned
No Unbans
>>
>>51912929
Are you seriously implying Blue isn't bad? Look at the fucking cantrips in modern Jesus.
>>
>>51912929
>i have special needs
>>
>>51912955
If they ban baral I will burn my storm deck. Seriously they banned the deck 50 fucking times, it barely ever goes off before turn 3 anymore, just please.
>>
>>51912959
>>51912975
>Look at all these decks that have blue cards in them that are putting up results!
>HURR DURR DERE NOT BLU DECKS REEEEEEE
This is what you sound like
>>
>>51912980
since when did tron have blue?
you forget to say blighted agent faggot, try harder
>>
>>51912980
This guys right. Affinity runs some thoughtcast and Master of Etherium, it's a blue deck and it checks out. Sorry I was wrong.
>>
>>51913004
>>51913015
You fucking retards won't be satisfied until you can play mono islands and deck your opponents with their own draw steps. Shut the fuck up or find another format to shit up
>>
>>51913027
>i can't tell which deck has a primary color in it

you should get your chromosomes checked, trisomy 21 is no joke
>>
File: 1475162771449.gif (646KB, 512x481px) Image search: [Google]
1475162771449.gif
646KB, 512x481px
>>51912980
>>51913027
the only good and played blue cards in tier 1 are thoughtcast and drowner of hope
are they good because they are blue and can they be used in 90% of the decks you retard
>>
>>51913027
Name 3 Blue cards printed after Snapcaster that see play in modern that aren't combo pieces.
>>
>>51912745
Its going to be a masterpeice and its going to feature lili and bolas on it, also it will be next set not amonkhet.
>>
File: Safari_Man_Hotto_Dogu.png (83KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
Safari_Man_Hotto_Dogu.png
83KB, 240x240px
>>51913027
>calls people retarded
>thinks blue decks are "mono islands"

HA HA HA!

WOW!

HA HA HA!
>>
>>51913068
>Missing the point
People who complain about blue not being good in modern are really complaining there is no mono island 30 counter spell deck that they can masturbate over
>>
>>51913056
cryptic command
remand
mana leak
gitaxian probe
>>
>>51912978

Baral isn't even on the radar, he just hung it out on a hook and you shoved it right through your lip

>Playin?
A loam variant
>Beatin?
Pretty much 50/50 any given matchup
>Losin to?
Tron because I don't have wasteland

I'd say mostly healthy. It could use a bit more control, which might just mean better blue draw.
I hope they print cheap pushed creatures, especially ones with ETB effects that I can sneak in with collected company! Or maybe a one drop that is a really effective late game threat!

No
>>
>>51913084
oops, I read 'other than snapcaster'
disregard my comment
>>
>>51913084
Literally all those cards were printed before Snapcaster you fucking immense retard.
>>
>>51913080
>people who complain iabout blue not being good in modern are really complaining there is no good blue cards except combo after snap was printed
ftfy*
>>
>>51913084

>printed after snapcaster
You had one job
>>
>>51912845
>blue gets a good card that doesnt need red
>ban it
Every time lmao
>>
>>51913094
Any card that makes storm viable is on wizard's radar.
>>
>>51913084
literally has an extra chromosome
>>
>>51913056
>>51913111
Thoughtscour
Drowner of Hope
Eldrazi Skyspawner
Stubborn Denial
Swansong
Disdainful Stroke
Jace, Architecht of Thought
Harbinger of Tides
Master of the Pearl Trident
Tidebinder Mage
Master of Waves
Ceremonious Rejection
>>
>>51913122

But anon, blue/red is the natural combination. Blue draws extra cards, and red converts those cards directly into damage for as little mana as possible. It's the most direct line to 0 life other than just burning them to death, but remember that burn decks were running ruse cruise while it was legal.
>>
>>51913056
Baral
FlipJace
Part the Waterveil
>>
>>51913141

>Ceremonious rejection
>Jace, AOT
>Disdainful Stroke
Digging way too deep

>Thought scour
???

>Eldrazi and Merfolk
Slot into one deck
>>
You know what deck I miss?
Pre-OGW monoblack or WB Eldrazi. Shit was so fun.
>>
>>51913164
>Moving the goal posts
>>
>>51913172
>literally all other colors have cards that slot into multiple decks
>i don't understand this
>>
>>51913141
>drowner of hope, eldrazi skyspawner
good only in eldrazi
>stubborn denial
you dont seriously think that card is good?
you have to have a 4 mana creature in blue for a counter, way too situational
>swansong
not good except in combo decks where pact is better
>Disdainful Stroke
modern, retard
>Jace, architect of thought
meh, barely played in drawgo. played in ..5% decks
>Harbinger of tides
>master of pearl trident
only good in merfolk
>tidebringer mage
not even good for sideboard against rg decks
>Master of waves
only good in blue decks with lots of creatures, EG. only good in merfolk
>Ceremonious rejection
only good against affinity or tron, where its not even worth to play against affinity

Thoughtscour is Good tho
>>
One day until MM17 spoilers start guys. Make your bets of whats in and whats not here
>>
>>51913056
Do Polluted Delta and Flooded Strand count?
Do Spirebluff Canal and Botanical Sanctum count?
Spell Queller
Rattlechains
Disallow
Ceremonious Rejection
Does Tasigur count? U activation.
Supreme Verdict
Izzet Staticaster
Delver printed at the same time
Think Twice at the same time
Sphinx's Rev
Drowner of Hope is devoid
Eldrazi Skyspawner devoid
Stubborn Denial
[Spoiler]Slip Through Spacedevoid
>>
>>51913186
>Is given multiple valid answers to his question
>Can only respond with "n-n-n-nuh uh!"
How does it feel to be so BTFO?

>>51913210
>Stubborn denial
Good enough to see play, which is what the challenge was
>Stubborn denial
See above
>Hurr these cards only go in one deck durrr
Irrelevant
>>
>>51913186
Serum Visions slots into every deck.

now move the goalposts again.
>>
>>51913214
>whats in
cards not seeing play in modern
>whats not here
Cards seeing play in modern
>>
>>51913224
Multicolor cards don't count because these autists want to play mono island control

Also Khans fetches were originally printedi n Onslaught so I feel like they're disqualified
>>
>>51913214
Liliana of the Veil and snapcaster as a more mythic than mythic masterpiece.

>we didn't want to adversely affect the price of collectors guys!
>>
File: IMG_6233.jpg (50KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6233.jpg
50KB, 400x533px
>>51913234
after snapcaster?
>>
>>51913214
New goblin art that was leaked looks fucking horrific, it's like some kind of terrible monkey's paw scenario where we wanted a Goblin Guide reprint but instead they just gave us shit
>>
File: 1488067704126.jpg (176KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
1488067704126.jpg
176KB, 1000x600px
>>51913141
>Thoughtscour
The fact that this cantrip is even played should tell you something about how shit Blue is, but I'll give you that one

>Drowner
>Sky Spawner

If these cards were played in literally any other deck I'd give it to you, but technically they're devoid so ;)

>Stubborn Denial
Bant Eldrazi side board shit, come on

>Swan Song
Fringe combo deck side board shit

>Disdainful stroke
Show me 1 list

>Jace Architect of thought
Oh I thought we were in the modern General not the RTR Theros standard General

>Harbinger
>Master
>Tidebinder
>Master

Dude, come on, it's fucking Merfolk. It's a tribal deck. They aren't played in literally any deck outside Merfolk.

>Ceremonious rejection
Oh wow, it was bait all along
>>
>>51913149
Im fine with blue red being the true hatefuck buddies of magic but every time a blue card works in modern with red it gets put on the watch list, and if it works without red it goes on the ban list. Blue has become the cuck color of magic, its not even allowed to perform its own place in the color pie and has become a support color.
>>
>>51913226
>really thinks he gave an answer that isn't retarded

you're too dense to read between the lines bruv? don't be buttmad that you're defending a color that's isn't anything since snapcaster
>>
>>51913250
You originally specified good blue cards that see play after snapcaster. This was provided.

Next you specified good blue cards that slot into multiple decks. This was provided

Now you want good blue cards that do all that, have a CMC of -1, cost pennies, and have a free gift certificate for a blow job from MaRo printed in the flavor text.

Tell you what: How many good cards printed after snapcaster can you name that aren't niche picks in single decks, but actually see widespread play in any deck of that color?
>>
>>51913258
>Show me 1 list
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-bant-eldrazi-26322#online
3 in the sideboard

Also sideboard play is play any way you slice it, no reason to disqualify a card based on that
>>
File: purest waifu.jpg (387KB, 1728x972px) Image search: [Google]
purest waifu.jpg
387KB, 1728x972px
>>51912640
>>Playin?
jerks.dec

>>Beatin?
everything in my shop besides merfolk

>>Losin to?
just merfolk

>>Do you think the meta is healthy?
what am i, some kind of doctor?

>>What sort of modern tool are you hoping to see out of Amonkhet?
a playable cantrip for my bluefriends

>>Are you ACTUALLY expecting any bans?
i dont really care one way or the other. i'll adapt.
>>
>>51913226
>stubborn denial
gj you managed to name ONE card thats a situational force spike most of the time
>Hurr these cards only go in one deck durr
ok then i guess i should play tron with hermitage druids, that's a good card in green, doesn't matter that it isn't good in most decks right
; )
>>51913224
i want to play UW control, im left with only supreme verdict and maybe sphinx rev, disallow is slow(turn 3 is where some decks kill)
I want to play UR im left with staticaster in side
I want to play UB im left with tasigur which is good against some decks and isnt against others, especially game 2
I want to play UG, im left with nothing
see the problem
>>
>>51913238
Then Spirebluff Canal and Botanical Sanctum count as one.

Rattlechains
Disallow
Stubborn Denial

These autists don't want to Sphinx Rev after casting a bunch of Supreme Verdicts?
>>
>>51913298
>3 sideboarded in a bant Eldrazi deck
Truly reshaping the meta, I was wrong.
>>
>>51913323
>These autists don't want to Sphinx Rev after casting a bunch of Supreme Verdicts?
by turn 4 your'e probably dead to a bolt in most decks that play those 2, thats why UW and esper draw go aint really good in the meta
>>
>>51913323
Lands are colorless you cheeky fuck. Also Good luck beating me when i rev for 15 and after cucking you with my delays and remands.
>>
>>51913311
This is what hurts me the most.

The only remotely playable UG modern deck is Infect and i fucking despise that mechanic since the day it was printed.
>>
>>51913258
jace was more prevalent when deceiver exarch was a win-con because the +1 put you on pestermite to combo or snap-bolt plus mediocre beats. it doesn't really do anything now.
>>
>>51913340
desu if you're still playing verdict in modern you're a retard. More color intensive, and honestly there's a better chance they get revived than it getting countered. Wrath of God is pretty much strictly better at this point
>>
>>51913295
Has to be both you mongoloid, what kind of fucking answer is serum.

>herp herp i'm correct
>why isn't anyone playing blue guise???

Fatal Push you negroid

>in b4 "HURR WHY DOESN'T AD NAUSEAM USE IT?"
>>
>>51913376
I mean even then it wasn't all that played.
>>
>>51913311
>I want to play UG, im left with nothing
http://sales.starcitygames.com//deckdatabase/displaydeck.php?DeckID=111102
I know they banned your cantrip but the deck still has U mana and an unblockable creature

>>51913340
see >>51913349
these autists get to play mana leak and remand because they're modern legal. If they want to play RTR, THS, KTK, BFZ, SOI, KLD blocks they may as well play frontier so they can play dig and cruise.
>>
Ban cavern of souls, its the only reason merfolk and spirits are a deck in modern. COS is a vintage level card.
>>
>>51913388
Oh wow, one card!

FlipJace.
Thoughtscour
>>
>>51913295
>Merfolks and Eldrazi
>Provided
HURHRHRHURRRHURHURHURHURHURURUHURHURHURUHRURHUR I SUCK COCK
-You
>>
>>51913421
Paradoxical Outcome is seeing play in vintage, why isn't U good in modern?
>>
>>51913438
Because wizards has done its absolute best to shut down storm. Storm is viable in vintage, but not modern, and the collateral damage of Wizard's scorched earth policy regarding storm is the viability of a lot of blue decks.
>>
Look at legacy, in their top 8 they have
1 Jeskai deck
1 Grixis/4c deck
1 Colorless deck with one red card and a dismember
1 Sultai deck
1 Orzhov deck
1 Mono Green deck
1 Izzet/Grixis deck
>>51913410
>remand
postponing the inevitable
>Mana leak
a good card, but does it change the topic that blue gets no support, literally only old cards without good decks to use them are good
>>51913295
Ok so you like Green and you dont want to play elves
Heritage druid, dwynens elite, ezuri, elvish archdruid are all good cards, so you should obviously put them in your deck right
>>
>>51913438
You need good cards for a color to be good.
>>
>>51913423
>gave a dozen answers
>99% wrong

People should really think before they speak. Are you autistically repeating the sounds you made earlier?
>>
>>51913226
Go back to standard
>>
>>51913295
Collective brutality
Traverse
Swiftspear
Idk resto angel? White is kind of a tertiary color at this point, but it's gotten much better cards than blue overall recently.
>>
>>51913484
Seriously, once drowner of hope or master of the pearl trident show up in anything except a tribal list he can fuck right off.
>>
>>51913526
You've only given an example for each color. Blue has about as many hits, but only if you exclude the bannings. If you include the bannings, blue is one of the most pushed colors there ever was in modern.
>>
>>51913295
Kolaghan's Command
Atarka's Command
Renegade Rallier
Collective Brutality
>>
>>51913558
>as many hits
if we had to give an actual list that matched playability/power level of the garbage list you made it would sure as hell be a lot more.
>>
>>51913558
I mean, those are just 4 ofs in some top decks that see play in other decks right off the top of my head. I can think of plenty more desu
>>
>>51913603
>He doesn't play drowner and master of the pearl trident in his deck.
Poor show, you're just not realizing the true potential of blue.
>>
File: scapeshift.jpg (971KB, 1606x808px) Image search: [Google]
scapeshift.jpg
971KB, 1606x808px
Haven't played in a while, what would you do to this list?
>>
>>51913572
>multicolor
zzz
>>
>>51913526
>Traverse
>Swiftspear
HURR DURR THESE ONLY GO IN ONE DECK REEEEEE
>>
>>51913295
Black:
Fatal push
Collective brutality
Lili
inquisition
thoughtseize
Lost legacy

i don't even need to talk about other colours
>>
>>51913641
No they don't though
>>
>>51913658
thought seize was before, but I agree with you, yeah all those are staples and see a huge variety of play, and those are just the ones that are 4 ofs in multiple top decks
>>
>>51913641
can't wait to run my drowner and pearl trident in delver xDDD
>>
>>51913662
Traverse only sees play in Death's Shadow decks. Swiftspear only goes in burn
>>
>>51913295
swifty
collective brutality
blessed alliance
traverse the uvenwald

niche cards
become immense
guramag angler
tasigur
hardened scales
fatal push
walking bastila
kologhans command
swansong
baral
>>
>>51913635
maybe cut down to RG? Those lists have been winning a lot more recently probably cause it's more streamlined. controllish build isn't doing too well vs linear aggro city
>>
>>51913685
Traverse sees play in more decks, it even sees play in the little kid junk now. But swiftspear was in zoo, suicide zoo, ur prowess, seriously if it's an aggro deck with creatures swift spear is in it.
>>
>>51913686
>hardened scales

wot in tarnation
>>
>>51913685
Swiftslear was in the izzet blitz deck with the kiln fiend temur battle rage apostles blessing combo.
>>
>>51913711
>zoo, suicide zoo, little kid
Not decks
>ur prowess
Still burn
>>
>>51913711
I should add, that's just from this year. If this fag seriously wants to make the case that U has gotten more help than G over the past 10 years in modern, then there's something seriously wrong.
>>
>>51913732
Little kid junk is literally every fucking junk deck right now you fucking retard.
>>
File: 1469812691615.gif (1001KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1469812691615.gif
1001KB, 640x480px
>>51913680
>theros was before innistrad
>>51913732
>zoo, suicide zoo, little kid
Not decks
>ur prowess
Still burn

Are you mentally challenged?
>>
>>51913738
Dig through Time
Treasure Cruise

It's not for lack of trying on wizard's part. They just created a fundamentally unbalanced game (blue is the color of card advantage!), and they suck at fixing it.
>>
>>51913720
walking bastila, hardened scales and rite of passage combos for lethal.
>>
>>51913752
Putting snapcaster in your lightning bolt swiftspear deck doesn't suddenly not make it a burn deck
>>
>>51913752
check lorwyn again
thoughtseize is a reprint
>>
>>51913752
You're a dumb nig, thoughtseize is from lorwyn
>>
>>51913752
>so much chromosomes in one picture
>>
>>51913752
Dude, I'm trying to agree with you but if you didn't know that thought seize was a reprint from Lorwyn you can fuck off. Like how fucking new to this game can you be that you never saw a Lorwyn thought seize
>>
>>51913753
read that in aflred's voice in BvS for some reason

sucks that WOTC just won't do their job properly
>>
>>51913635
Your anticipates should be worldly counsels, when you get your converge colors early it's just anticipate + 1 for the same speed and mana
>>
>>51913635
Baral maybe? looks like you'd just get your asshole beat up on turn 3 but it might it might work.
>>
>>51913805
Serious talk, Worldly counsel requires alot of basic land types to be equal or better than anticipate, is the potential +1 effect really that much better?
Anticipate just seems so much more consistent, especially in a bad hand where you dont have all your basics/ways to find them.
>>
Spoilers when boys?

not from the US but it's already monday where I'm at. Which coasts' time should I be following?
>>
>>51913894
washington i guess
>>
>>51913936
>washington
west coast, forgot there was 2 of them
>>
File: xmage error.png (70KB, 709x421px) Image search: [Google]
xmage error.png
70KB, 709x421px
when ever i try to register on xmage i just get "can not find a free port for use"
any tips on how to fix ?
>>
>>51913950
around 10PM there rn, hope spoilers come out in a few hours.

Here's hoping for that sweet TMS unban + reprint reveal
>>
>>51913968
isn't it AM there?
>>
>>51913989
Yeah it's fucking 10 am in washington, spoilers won't start for another 23 hours probably
>>
File: braz71l.jpg (98KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
braz71l.jpg
98KB, 1400x1050px
>>51913752
>>51913771
>>51913776
>>51913783
>>51913788

I think he just left the thread in shame
>>
>>51914006
>>51913989

sorry i read it wrong, please god kill me now
>>
>>51913863
Oh, absolutely, however, in my playtesting, I've never once had worldly counsel do less than anticipate, it's really just the black I miss if I miss anything.
If the potential downside is too disheartening, then always run anticipate, 2 mana for 3 cards is great. I feel the deck is too consistent in its landbase to not run counsel, after all, counsel isn't supposed to ever be the turn 2 play
>>
>>51914025
nah i know im retarded, luckily /tg/ doesnt use an id number
>>
>>51914044
it's ok man don't listen to the haters

i pretend the lorwyn ones don't exists but it's because i can't afford them
>>
>>51914044
this >>51913771 was me
I wasn't being mean here
if it's any consolation, I prefer THS art
>>
>>51914117
It's only like 10 bucks more you broke kike. I prefer them myself but I understand people that rather the Theros ones
>>
>>51914153
How do you prefer the theros thoughtseize? It doesn't even make sense, it should be like him holding his head and only his head turns to ash.
>>
>>51914161
i wouldn't pay premium for functionally identical cards when i can avoid it

when i start winning tournaments i can finally afford the good shit...right?
>>
>>51914184
yeah it's cool art but it looks more of like a guy getting obliterated rather than getting information out of his brain excised
>>
>>51914213
Yeah that's like my only thing about it. If I saw just that art I'd think it's for a kill card.
>>
>>51914184
>How do you prefer personal preference?

I don't look at art much and art making 100% sense doesn't matter to me.

I own 'lorwyn' thoughtseizes because that's what the chinaman has
>>
File: 6.jpg (2MB, 1920x2852px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
2MB, 1920x2852px
Give me your hottest jeskai nahiri list
>>
>>51912640
>Playing

Jund

>Beating

Lantern, Zoo, Grixis, Death's Shadow

>Losing to

Burn, Tron variants

Not especially, the recent bans have replaced one set of degenerate decks with another set of degenerate decks.

A decent counterspell and maybe some playable god cards.

Realistically, no. That being said I think there's a bunch of borderline cards like Mox Opal, Ancient Stirrings and Eldrazi Temple.
>>
>>51914258
where do you get your proxies from, I've been interested about buying some but I'm not sure about the quality, are they cheap
>>
File: 1486052284447.jpg (9KB, 193x197px) Image search: [Google]
1486052284447.jpg
9KB, 193x197px
>>51913421
>names Spirits over Elves

That's insulting, bro. Just insulting.
>>
>>51914460
60x unplayable over costed under powered trash
>>
>>51914567
Elfs are good for only one thing.

That is being slane and turned into fertilizer.
>>
>>51914567
>mfw I spell quell a coco
Lmao every tim
>>
>>51912843
Unless you have a lot of disposable income I wouldn't recommend any of the Masters sets to new players, beyond maybe cracking a couple packs for fun. They're expensive because they're essentially the lottery ticket set, filled with a few rares that people desperately need, worth potentially over $100, but the rest of it is padded out with junk nobody uses.

I mean junk as is "can't make the cut for competitive decks", not absolute trash by the way. There's decent cards a new player would like in them but you're better off buying singles.
>>
>>51914567
Elfs arent even real lmao
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/indomitable-tokens-4/

What do you think of my brew Spike-Chan?
>>
>>51914855
I like it, cause you can destroy more than 1 card, making it way better against a targeted removal making it fizzle. But I think you ought to run 2 Emrakul over Griselbrand. Griselbrand just dies. it's not like drawing 7 really matters in modern, you're not drawing into FoW. and if they have removal, they're probably not gonna burn it on a token. Also I don't know how I feel about mb blood moon, how's that working for you?
>>
>>51914855
Also, it's not really a tokens deck, you're only running like 8 token spells.
>>
>>51914945
If my opponent is running wraths then having big G means I don't run out of gas. Also blood moon is great because the only double mana non red spell I have is gideon, and it can distract people game one on a thoughtsieze
>>
>>51915018
>If my opponent is running wraths
Really shouldn't be a factor at this time. You're probably more likely to run into an all is dust than a wrath at this point. IMO you're pretty much just playing a sorcery speed pay 4 and 7 life draw 7, which is okay, but emrakul just wins you the game.
>>
>>51915077
Very true
>>
>SCG
>this is the power of Grixis Midrange players
wew
>>
>>51915283
what?
>>
Looks like we need to ban storm again boys.

Just to be safe we should probably ban opal too.
>>
Any faerie players? I have almost all the cards so I'm putting together.
Surely it's gotten better with brutality and push.

Anyways looks like a fun side deck and I can use my cryptics and cliques
>>
>>51915521
you have your copters right?
>>
>>51914258
I was also thinking about getting some thoughtseizes and bobs to play jund.

Are the THS or LRW seizes better?

How is bob in MM vs RAV?

>>51914550
not him, obvs, I'm asking him a question but he said VZ, which is this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mTCy3gyKJY
there's another guy, BL
I haven't bought any cards from either dude
r/bootlegmtg
>>
>>51912640
>Playin?
Burn
Also building Tron and Affinity
I am not a very smart person

>Beatin?
Most decks.

>Losin to?
Jund and Titanshift

Not really. Too much braindead midrange, not nearly enough combo or control
There are plenty of Tier 2 decks that are perfectly positioned to fuck up shit, but nobody plays them, they would rather play garbage like Suicide Zoo.

I don't expect anything, I expect to be thoroughly disappointed with the set.

No. I'm hoping they unban some stuff though.
>>
>>51915672
Not yet. I'm buying the remaining cards tonight. Sell me on copter. It's it not a meme?
I mean faeries are a meme but you know
>>
>>51915707
>Playing Burn
>Losing to Jund
Fucking how nigger
>>
>>51915710
>copter in modern
You know better than this anon.
>>
>>51915784
Kitchen Finks is a gay card
Goyf gets too big to swing against
Lilly is just about always a 2 for 1
Pulse of Murasa in the SB makes me cry
>>
>>51915521
Gifted aetherborn. Super spicy secret.
Gains you back life. Blocks big fatties like eldrazi profitably. Gives you a proactive turn 2 when you are missing a blossom. Feeds kalitas.

Cool guy
>>
Any lists where I can play snapcaster, bolt, and thing in the ice?
>>
>>51915707
I play Jund and my burn matchup is horrible.
Is everyone you play against playing lili last hope, tasigur, kalitas and huntmaster main?
>>
>>51915942
play grixis delver/pyromancer and replace pyromancer with thing
snap in and cast terminate again, bounce thing, bounce back snap, flash in snap again and cast something else sounds fun
>>
>>51915885
If you're playing against Finks and Pulse then okay, but regardless burn can never have less than a 50% win rate against Jund, I just don't understand how it couldn't be.
>>
>>51915954
Tasigur has mostly vanished from Jund lists around where I live, Kalitas and Lilly are maindecked in every Jund list I've seen since they came out... And collective Brutality keeps on popping up from time to time.
WotC really likes printing shit that makes Burn eat shit.

>>51915973
Most of the Jund players where I live are rich Asian kids with University degrees in mathematics. Meanwhile I'm a country bumpkin who forgets what he had for dinner and is terrible at shuffling. Its really easy for them to know what I am gonna do because of how linear Burn is, meanwhile I don't have clue what the Jund Player is gonna do because that deck is just fucking loaded with flex slots.
Slanty eyed fucks keep bullying me with fucking godhands, meanwhile I get stuck Mulliganing down to 5 because a 5 land hand isn't something burn wants to keep.
>>
>>51915710
It turns your non hasty bitterblossom tokens into 3/3s that loot. I does work in faeries.
>>
>>51912640
>No kitchen table tomfoolery
But Modern is an unsupported format, just like kitchen table.

>Playin?
Zoo
>Beatin?
Tron
>Losin to?
Tron. Seriously half my FLGS plays Tron.

Better than Standard/10

Absolutely nothing. Maybe a masterpiece damnation at best.

Why would Wizards take the time to ban things from a format they don't support?

>>51912843
TL;DR Buy singles.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvqw7t0kbGX8f-uNgZJkzf1BbcrXvw1EF
>>
>Playin?
lantern
>Beatin?
Everyone except the decks below
>Losin to?
(DS) Jund, Tron, Abzan Coco, Burn

As healthy as it could be
something that makes mardu a viable option
no
>>
>>51916256
Figures that the Lantern player isn't expecting the banning of his vintage level rainbow mox.

March can't come soon enough.
>>
>>51916256
>lantern player doesn't think mox opal will get banned after a lantern deck was shown prominently sucking the fun out of everything on a major tournament stream, and mox opal is currently enabling a deck that wins with grapeshot.
>>
>>51916280
>>51916391
>t. I keep losing to lantern during FNM
>>
>>51916424
I actually played lantern, but I'm selling my moxxes.
>>
>>51916280
>Vintage level
I fuckingLOVE this meme
>>
>>51916424
>t. too dumb to see that mox is getting banned
>>
File: 1446410801336.png (140KB, 660x135px) Image search: [Google]
1446410801336.png
140KB, 660x135px
>>51916483
Can't have a modern thread without some tard advocating for format destoying bans
>>
>>51916689
I don't think banning opal would destroy the format tbqh
>>
>>51916703
it wouldn't. but it would destroy affinity and lantern unnecessarily
>>
>>51916730
Affinity would recover just fine, but it wouldn't be t1 anymore.

Oh no, a t1 deck that's been t1 since the sack of rome would be reduced to t2.5! Wizards loves rotating the format, why do you think they banned splinter twin?
>>
>>51916748
>it wouldn't destroy the format, it just rotates it!
I don't see why you think comparing your idea to wizards', as you're making fun of them for having stupid ideas, justifies your retarded bans
>>
>>51916748
twin wasn't too bad itself but it created an environment where you couldn't tap out turn 3, making a bunch of other strategies pretty bad. as much as I like twin I think it was the right move
>>
>>51916792
2bh i miss twin. the smug shitter at my store who would slam the combo T4 and attack while half assed paying attention always got 150% fucking tilted when I would cascade into living end after they attacked.

like, holy fucking shit dude, I've been broadcasting my game plan from fucking turn 1 when I cycled that useless ass minotaur, stop being a fucking idiot. I did the exact same thing to you last week. put your fucking phone down, hearthstone can wait.
>>
>>51916748
>affinity would recover just fine
It would kill the deck and it would kill lantern for no reason. Those decks can't function on a competitive level without opal and banning opal to hurt a meme deck like cheerios is fucking retarded even if I could see wizards doing it. I don't even understand how people can advocate for an opal ban, it's a build around card that has a very serious deckbuilding constraint and even in those decks it doesn't turn on all the time even when running subpar cards to do so. Plus artifact strategies are kept in check by sideboards so it's not like there's no way to fight them.
>>
>>51917058
>very serious deckbuilding restraint
>hey, play more artifacts, which you were already playing because your deck likely has tons of artifacts matter cards

you can build storm decks, aggro decks, and control decks out of artifacts. There is no serious deckbuilding restraint.
>>
>>51917106
>theres literally one deck of each

kill them all because you cant sideboard properly right? go fuck yourself
>>
>playing storm

do you have fun jerking yourself off when you slam baral on t2 and solitaire win on t3?
>>
>>51917175
yes
>>
>>51917230
Good luck with that shit when you sit down across from me. I'm the only one playing this format who is stupid enough to try to interact with their opponent and I eat Barals for breakfast
>>
File: feelsgood.jpg (20KB, 329x357px) Image search: [Google]
feelsgood.jpg
20KB, 329x357px
>>51917175
>watching the storm player play all their rituals then vendilion clique their past in flames away
>>
>>51917247
thats ok. I just like playing u/r storm
>>
>>51917175
>casts grapeshot for 23
>gg
>mindbreak trap
>scoop
Love having an lgs with storm lovers desu
>>
>>51916792
What decks are viable now but weren't before the ban? Both combo and reactive blue decks are worse now than they were back then, and Affinity, Zoo and other linear aggro decks are about as popular. I really don't know what you're talking about.
>>
If Death's shadow takes a ban, what would it be?
>>
>>51917439
Traverse probably. But I doubt it will.
>>
>>51917439
Death's Shadow
What's oppressive in the deck?
Discard is fair. Goyf is fair.
The rest of the spells are fair.
Street Wraith and Bauble are the only cards that people put in decks not trying to play fair.
>>
I play slippery bogle aka hexproof auras.

It does pretty well at my local FNM.

I'd love to make a super heavy discard / piss off your opponent deck but most of the builds for this type are $800.

I like playing this game but i'm not spending $800 on a deck.
>>
>>51917472
I mean people only put bauble in death's shadow so I don't really think you can say all decks that use it are unfair.
>>
>>51917500
You can runk bauble in normal BGx lists just for goyf value as a few-of. It's only bonkers when it gets you t1 Delirium to fetch Death's Shadow.
>>
>>51917532
I mean you can but people don't. Even then, BGx is hardly not trying to play fair.
>>
>>51917491

>hexproof auras
>slippery bogle

holy shit the deck is just called Bogles
>>
>>51917472
>street wraith and bauble
Are we going the way of banning free cantrips now? That guy on the scg stream was talking about it but I don't really see a reason to desu
>>
All the RG valakut players out there, what version do you guys prefer Breach or scapeshift?
>>
If Wizards just wants to shit on Storm why not just ban the fucking Storm cards like Grapeshot and Empty the Warrens.

That's why I think the people who say Wizards hates Storm are wrong because it's very easy to utterly kill the deck. And no, MaRo's opinion on Storm doesn't count.
>>
>>51918046
Because killing archetypes is wrong :^)
>>
>>51917667
Just ban deaths shadow imo

Also ban fast mana shits broken
>>
>>51918189
Mox is literally fine and ssg is debatable. What are you playing that you consider "fast" mana broken.
>>
>>51918454
I only think SSG should be banned because of Ad Naus and Grishoalbrand.

Every other combo deck has been neutered but these area allowed to stay? Grishoalbrand can win on turn 1 (very, VERY seldomly) and has a good chance of winning turn 2 unless you play blue and SSG allows Ad Naus to do ridiculous things because "hey, free mana so I win this turn, sorry"

It all comes down to uninteractive combos simply counterplay is not a real thing in Modern (barring Ad Naus, which is just another degenerate combo like Twin).
>>
>>51917667
No, which is why I said ban Death's Shadow. From the four DS lists (that are mostly the same) the only cards that are obnoxious are 8/9 goyfs and 10/10 death shadows. Goyf costs 2 mana and you (usually) need to do work to get it bigger than 4/5, which can be handled. No trample or other abilities makes it perfectly fine in modern. Shadow makes you play a dangerous game, which is generally fine.

Death's Shadow, the delirium jund version is a deck that needs its pilot to play carefully with their life and people just need to play more creature removal or be less weak to your best card being ripped out of your hand.
>>
>>51918699
I forgot to say I'm advocating for no bans in the deck. Skred went away. Nahiri into emrakul is fine because slow.

>>51918657
agree
>>
I'll have about 1 grand coming to me from taxes and im blowing it all on a modern deck. What would be my best bet for that price range? Doesn't need to take up the entire 1 grand, but it's there. Anything excess and I'll just get fetches and shocks to fill out a collection. I'm kind of leaning toward jeskai saheeli combo since I have the standard deck and the modern one looks very spicy. But would there be something better to do? Blue/control preferred playstyle
>>
>>51919838
Build Burn
>Nothing in the deck will ever get banned
>Punishes some of the best T1 decks, Jund, Tron, Infect
>Is fast so you can take a piss between games
>Very simple and straight forward
>lightning bolt
>lightning bolt
>lightning bolt
>lightning bolt
>....
>>
>>51919838
Jeskai Saheeli is fine, it was like 20th at the recent GP so it's a real deck. Your other options are some variety of esper control (there's quite a few) or building grixis control and swapping out a few scalding tarns for flooded strands.
>>
>>51920091
I really don't understand why they couldn't give the cat flash desu.
>>
File: IMG_0042.jpg (19KB, 400x295px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0042.jpg
19KB, 400x295px
If deaths shadow Aggro becomes a real think is combo just done? It's a 52 card deck with pretty much the same turn clock as them and a shit load of discard, like how the fuck can combo even compete?
>>
>>51920308
Ad Naus just won a fucking tournament
>>
>>51920177
>why couldn't they print a better resto
Gee I wonder
>>
>>51920575
I feel like 3 attack and flying make it different enough. And seriously, how often do you flash something in a white deck that wasn't a creature anyways.
>>
>>51920563
I mean that was before 3/5 people playing DS aggro on a team top 8d the same event
>>
>>51920824
Well standard wise it was an artifact set so quite a bit I'd assume.
In modern though not much besides saheeli herself.
>>
>>51920901
Yeah, new resto would be way too op. Now a 2 mana 3/3 flying looter, that's fair. I just wish they'd try a little harder with modern.
>>
>>51921001
>2 mana 3/3 flying looter, that's fair
>ignoring crew requirement
Vehicles were new territory. Flicker ETB effects are not. They banned out Scooter anyway.
>>
>>51921001
When I think about it, I really don't understand it. Like if they want to make money why don't they just print a couple more modern playable cards rather than fucking trash?
>>
>>51921001
>>51921073
scooter would have been fine if they put in good artifact destruction. Or good kill spells.
>>
Judge's Familiar in my Mono white Hatebears?
>>
>>51921073
The crew requirement is a joke man, now they have heart of Kiran with a stricter crew requirement and it's still the better deck. And yeah, flicker affects aren't new, what's your point? There's no thrag tusk this time.
>>
>>51921121
Well white blue flash was already so good they had to ban reflector mage to stop it being head and shoulders above everything else when they banned copter and emrakul. So I'd imagine when they planned what decks were allowed in creatures: the tappening they didn't want that deck to be any stronger.
>>
>>51918657
>>51918719
i just pulled the trigger on breaches can you stop saying "ban" and "ssg" in the same sentence thanks
>>
>>51921204
SSG shouldn't get a ban :^)
>>
File: I'm gonna do it.png (82KB, 870x650px) Image search: [Google]
I'm gonna do it.png
82KB, 870x650px
Should I just fucking do it? Worst case scenario I lose 100, someone convince me not to.
t. speculating scum
>>
>>51921121
>The crew requirement is a joke man
They underestimated how easy it would be. FFL is the joke.
>And yeah, flicker affects aren't new, what's your point? There's no thrag tusk this time.
They don't want to risk making the same mistake twice. They'll risk it with vehicles because they're new. Having a repeat of RestoThrag would look worse than introducing a new overpowered mechanic which they can simply ban out.
>>
>>51921277
Literally fucking retarded desu. Yeah their fucking testing much be straight fucking autists.
>>
>>51921266
>specing on storm
It's like you want to get burned
>>
>>51921314
If storm wins 1 fucking bigger tourney this SoB goes up to 10 dollars I guarantee it. Look at fucking retract man.
>>
>>51921351
Retract isn't in a set still being printed though
>>
>>51919838
Delver is fun.
Faeries is very close to becoming a real deck. It is hard to play though
>>
>>51921366
It's also in a garbage fucking meme deck that hasn't even appeared on fucking mtgtop 8 yet. The main difference is gifts storm with baral is real and on the rise.
>>
>>51921455
I should clarify right now that it has "appeared" but only under the other combo section. I mean for real it's a fucking meme
>>
>>51921455
Yeah alrighty buddy, you enjoy your 100 barals
>>
File: 1456766218208.png (364KB, 521x448px) Image search: [Google]
1456766218208.png
364KB, 521x448px
>>51921266
let's ease it back there cowboy, and settle for 20
>>
>>51921485
I wipe my ass with 200 dollars desu
>>
>>51918657
>can't appreciate fast mana
>not even the weak shit still legal
The newer generation of magic players disgust me.
>>
>>51921511
at least buyout lightning bolts and make a troll, 40 bolt and 20 duel-land deck
>>
>>51921266
It's not that good you twit.
>>
>>51921477
Do you want to see my 220 surgicals that I bought 2 years ago? Literally all going on Ebay within 1 week.
>>
>>51921534
We can't have timmy upset that his fungus tribal loses to decks that fold to sideboard hate that he can't play because they aren't in his colors. The solution is obviously to ban the decks since they make timmy feel bad because he didn't pack the interaction needed to stop them.
>>
>>51921534
It's not that I don't appreciate it. I'd love fast mana IF it was accessible to all colors. However, only Red gets to it and it only helps combos go off and only helps the decks that are hard to stop once going off.

I would welcome SSG if interaction to stop said meta decks were there, but only blue is most easily able to handle them and blue sucks right now in Modern.
>>
>>51921628
Are you implying elvish spirit guide would get played in anything besides maybe elves? Cause it wouldn't.
>>
>>51921601
>"timmies are so much worse than me" argument
Right, I forgot where we were for a second. Now I remember that, in modern general, everyone worse than you is a timmy that builds fungus tribal and everyone better than you is a netdecking faggot who sucks at the game but has broken cards that let him win.

And, as always, if its your deck someone is complaining about, your deck is one of the most fair in the meta and they need to learn to play.
>>
>>51921601
>timmy upset that his fungus tribal loses
The fuck kind of Timmy deck is fungus tribal? Real Timmys play Wurm, Dragon, or Angel tribal.
>>
>>51921685
>Implying Timmy isn't jerking off to his TronDrazi deck right now
>>
>>51921661
Do you really think that the decks that run SSG wouldn't run Elvish Spirit Guide if it was in their colors and SSG wasn't legal?

And I would definitely bet money on the Green decks that run SSG would run ESG if it was legal.
>>
>>51921728
What green decks run ssg? And no, green mana doesn't help grishoalbrand or ad nauseum
>>
>>51921534
Fast mana is good in formats where you're able to respond to it with equally broken shit. It's the reason Belcher is in check in legacy, and Elves is kept down in legacy too.

If your nut draw lets you win before the opponent gets a turn, the deck is too fast for modern
>>
>>51921667
You forgot that every card you can't afford is because of Jew speculators and collectors but every card you have is is because you invested wisely. Every card you don't like should be banned, unless you have a favorable matchup, git gud fag. You should buy chinaman fakes, but they're the worst thing in the world. Your favorite card art is the worst, and my favorite is the best. And Every deck is a meme.
>>
>>51921750
that's what I just fucking said, you illiterate retard.
>>
>>51921685
Kek. Local Autismo has a raging hard on for angels. He went in to EB Games (Australian video games franchise that sells some small amount of tcg) and bought individual boosters of M14 to get an Archangel of Thune.

At $6AUD a spin, he went though more than 1 booster box worth of individual boosters without any luck.

Hue hue hue hue
>>
>>51921661
>>51921728
isn't esg one of the like 3 things missing for modern belcher/oops to be possible?
>>
>>51921667
>everyone better than you is a netdecking faggot
Pretty sure most of the general plays real decks so that part is pointless

>, if its your deck someone is complaining about, your deck is one of the most fair in the meta and they need to learn to play.
This one is true most of the time though. We get people in here that lose to a deck or play a deck with a bad match up and start shitting up the thread with ban posts and it's terrible
>>
>>51921841
Honestly 0 (Zero) cards in modern need a ban right now. No combo deck is overly oppressive and everything else is keeping other shit in check. Anyone who disagrees and doesn't want more unbans is a tremendous faggot.
>>
>>51921918
I want bans and unbans

Ban 8th/9th edition, unban DRS and BBE
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-26-20-10-56.png (298KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-26-20-10-56.png
298KB, 1080x1920px
Updated my Mono White list based off suggestions from a couple days ago.

I cut 4 Thraben Inspector for Judges Familiar and cut 2 Honor of The Pure for 2 War and Peace.

How's it looks now?
>>
>>51921934
>ban 8/9
>unban drs/bbe

Spot the jund player
>>
>>51921934
I wouldn't mind DRS/BBE coming back if they banned LOTV. she's probably one of the more oppressive cards in the format even if people don't really seem to be aware of it.
>>
File: 1479910760069.png (163KB, 334x586px) Image search: [Google]
1479910760069.png
163KB, 334x586px
>>51921934
>unban drs

Are you literally retarded, or do you just play one on the internet?
>>
>>51921934
>Unban DRS
Why?
>>
>>51921979
He wants to ban 8th/9th and you have to ask if he's retarded?
>>
>>51921978
>one of the most oppresive cards
>only I am aware of this

hmmmmmmm
>>
>>51922121
But I literally didn't say either of those things
>>
>>51921978
Serious question, do you think Liliana of the Veil is a problem because you don't own the card? There's no wrong answer here.

Because I seriously think nobody here would think any particular card at the moment is broken if they owned it. I think if everyone owned Jund and Affinity and Tron (which probably accounts for some 75% of the card pool) everyone would feel just great.

In regards to Deathrite, the fucking card was a 1-mana Planeswalker. Shit had to go and leave Modern and never come back. Owned it, played with it, still play with it in Legacy Elves and Grixis Delver; still totally nuts.
>>
>>51922121
I mean, she really is though. If you resolve a Lili against a control deck it's just fucking game over. Like painful to play the rest of the game desu.
>>
>>51921918
But I lose to Lantern control, affinity and cheerios and they hurt my feelings so that means wotc should ban Mox opal.
>>
File: 1476296785741.jpg (44KB, 296x296px) Image search: [Google]
1476296785741.jpg
44KB, 296x296px
>>51922222
Welp, can't argue with quints.
Guess I'll tell everyone I know that lili's oppressive and has to go.
>>
>>51922219
I play junk in legacy and have 3x lotv in the list. I feel like lotv is one of the more prominent pay off cards in modern jund and junk that made DRS/BBE problematic. both cards are stupidly powerful, but when you slam lotv on turn 2 or cascade into her with your hasty 3/2, shit was just ridiculous. without her in the lists, both cards would still be value trains but I don't think the decks they would go in would be steam rolling people the same as they would with her.
>>
>>51922313
This is a very good point and I agree with it.
>>
>>51921958

pls respond.

I just realized I have more 3 drops than 3 drops and I should cut two 3 drops.

Brimaz? Or 1 Brimaz 1 Splicer?
>>
>>51922358

*three drops than two drops
>>
>>51922358
>I just realized I have more 3 drops than 3 drops and I should cut two 3 drops.
>>
>>51921958
>>51922358
I can't take someone who doesn't charge their phone seriously.

Post your rice and I might reconsider.
>>
>>51921958
Drop Blade Splicer, Brimaz, Flickerwisp, Familiar,
Leonin arbiter, Resto, Avenger, Thalia, Path, Eiganjo Castle, GQ, Canopy, Mutavault, Plains, Tec Edge, Vials, and swords,
Then add
Land (24)
4x Blackcleave Cliffs
1x Blood Crypt
3x Bloodstained Mire
2x Forest
2x Overgrown Tomb
3x Raging Ravine
1x Stomping Ground
2x Swamp
1x Twilight Mire
4x Verdant Catacombs
1x Wooded Foothills
Creature (14)
4x Dark Confidant
2x Grim Flayer
2x Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
2x Scavenging Ooze
4x Tarmogoyf
Instant (9)
2x Abrupt Decay
1x Kolaghan's Command
4x Lightning Bolt
2x Terminate
Sorcery (9)
1x Dreadbore
4x Inquisition of Kozilek
2x Maelstrom Pulse
2x Thoughtseize
Planeswalker (4)
4x Liliana of the Veil
>>
>>51917306
>Cheeri0s has storm +20
>silence
>grapeshot for lethal
>>
>>51922508
How's the Cheerios player going to get 20 storm count when I just decay his guy every time he plays one and rape him with goyf?
>>
>>51917491
8rack without lilis is like $50 dude... it's fucking mono black
>>
>>51922588
8 rack is bad even with lilis you cuck
>>
>Playin?
Naya burn, former jeskai control player
>Beatin?
Tron, Scapeshift, Grixis control, Infect
>Losin to?
Jeskai control, Abzan, cherrios sometimes
its been worse but control still needs more support. I honestly believe that a jace unban would not be nearly as big of a deal as people make it out to be, only real issue I see is just how bad the price would get.
lifegain that doesnt suck ass
as of now no. The instant cherrios puts up ANY results or becomes a significant part of the meta it will be shut down hard (hopefully not taking affinity with it). There is no way that wotc will allow the deck to be a real part of modern.
>>
BOYS, WHEN DO SPOILERS START
>>
>>51922588
Does 8rack not run ensnaring bridges anymore?
>>
>>51922784
>being excited for spoilers
>when we all know it's going to be shit

I wish I had your youthful optimism.
>>
>>51922649
it just top 16'd a gp
>>
>>51922784
It breaks my heart every time someone asks things that are so easy to google.

>>51922808
I don't know why people get excited at all. It's all reprints, it's expensive, it's limited in supply. It's about as exciting as a Ferarri production increase. Or a bumper crop in champagne grapes.
>>
>>51922958
One event. That's some results based thinking there. You sure you're in the right thread?
>>
>>51922958
>1 top 16 in the past 40 years
Wow
>>
Should someone new to the game focus on Standard or modern and what should they be buying? Like booster packs?
>>
>>51922808
I'm still yet to learn the hard way.

>>51923010
27th, I know, but at what time do they start? No need to be grumpy my squishy friend.
>>
>>51923058
Buy singles.
>>
>>51923091
So like buy individual cards?
>>
>>51923058
Play kitchen table with your buddies, competitive magic ruined it for me and now I hate my life thh.
>>
>>51922784
Supposed to start 16 hours ago
>>
>>51923129
Yes. For a more detailed review on the lack of value in sealed product, see the following.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvqw7t0kbGX8f-uNgZJkzf1BbcrXvw1EF
>>
>>51923129
Play Magic Duels on steam to get a feel for how the game plays.

If you're not short on money, buy into a modern deck you find fun. The investment seems tall at first but it will require little to no upkeep compared to a Standard deck
>>
>>51923058
Only play this game if you have friends who do who will help you enjoy the game. Don't play Magic expecting to meet nice people. Use Magic to become closer to others whom you already know; don't play Magic for self-satisfaction through the game - the game is particularly toxic right now.

Don't buy boosters, they're such a waste of money. The only reason why boosters are such a shit waste of money is because people keep buying them.
>>
>>51923058
I would start off by buying a precon product like a duel deck or commander deck that is roughly in the same ballpark of what you think you will want to play and then buy singles to replace the garbage in the precon deck until you have a suitable halfway competitive deck that you enjoy playing

The games economy works in a way that opening sealed products is a lottery. Its impossible to find product priced that the average value breaks even from what you paid for it. Because of this you should only be opening boosters sparingly when you want to roll the dice and already have a solid collection to play with.

Also I would start off with standard or commander to see if you really do enjoy the game and then build into one of the non rotating formats like modern slowly as the cards you buy hold their value a lot more and you are able to play your cards forever
>>
>>51923035
>>51923025
salty because you keep losing to that 8rack player at your fnm?
>>
>>51923165
Yeah I've been playing that game and now I really want to branch into IRL stuff. So I should buy a modern deck then and not Standard? Do more people play Standard or do they play modern?

>>51923177
Okay
>>
>>51923207
I did buy a duel deck called "Blessed vs Cursed" a while back
>>
>>51923234

Honestly the big thing is Modern is just more fun than Standard and has been for a long time. As some one who swapped over recently I can say the players are more friendly, specifically more willing to help out new players such as yourself.

The cards you buy are less likely to drop in value since there is no rotation (where new sets come in and old ones fall out). You aren't really losing money by playing Modern, you're mostly just moving it into cards that you can sell later for about the same amount or possibly even more.

As for popularity Modern has been more popular than standard in my area for a long time
>>
Modern General, has there ever been an effort to make a sticky or something for people looking to get into magic? I feel like some sort of infograph or flowchart or something would save a lot of posts

>>51923234
you need to scope out your lgs to see what formats people play there. see if you can play proxy decks there to test out whether you want to buy into a real deck. as someone who's only ever played modern and a bit of legacy, imo standard seems like a waste of time but only you can find out whether you'll be into it

>>51923035
>metas other than the current one dictate what decks are viable
>>
>>51923304
Thanks for your advice. I'm like a sponge right now trying to soak up as much as I can about this so every bit of advice helps me

Would the upcoming Might vs Mind duel decks be a good purchase for me? To get started I mean?
>>
File: mtg modern.jpg (375KB, 1500x1313px) Image search: [Google]
mtg modern.jpg
375KB, 1500x1313px
>>51923377
There's this. Slightly out of date though.
>>
>>51923377
>Modern General, has there ever been an effort to make a sticky or something for people looking to get into magic? I feel like some sort of infograph or flowchart or something would save a lot of posts
Getting started in Constructed Magic in the most cost-efficient manner goes like this:
- play Magic Duels to learn the basics of the rules
- go to store, find out what format they're playing
- with your format of choice, go to mtgtop8.com or mtggoldfish.com to find out what is the hot shit at the moment
- buy hot shit of choice
- play games
- maybe attend some prereleases
- don't get too involved in trading or owning piles upon piles of cards; own decks nothing else

It's really that simple. Buy a (good) deck, play some games. Every other strategy is a waste of money.
>>
>tfw the only formats anyone plays in my area are draft and EDH
Not that I don't like both, but sometimes I want to actually be competitive. And MTGO a shit.
>>
File: why.gif (4MB, 426x214px) Image search: [Google]
why.gif
4MB, 426x214px
> been crushing FNM lately with G/B Tron
> have Sunday off, decide to attend the afternoon modern event
> literally everyone there is playing linear aggro
> mfw
>>
>>51923412
that's only deck choice tho. I'm talking about getting into the game as a whole, like, a guide that explains formats, sealed products, sanctioned events, software, etiquette, online resources, etc.

>>51923454
cool that looks pretty good
>>
>>51919838
If you like blue control, build U or WU Tron.
>>
File: 1483461642317.jpg (30KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
1483461642317.jpg
30KB, 600x549px
>looking for a new deck
>try grishoalbrand
>it's a ton of fun and can be degenerate if you get the god hand and god draws
>tfw don't want to buy it because I know it'll be banned
Is there a feeling worse than this?
>>
>>51923788
I really don't think it's degenerate enough to get banned.

Also it'd be a REAL dick move to put him in MM17 and then ban the deck he's played in.
>>
>>51921570
Yeah actually. I always enjoy seeing someone who owns hundreds of the same card.
>>
File: 98377_200w.jpg (23KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
98377_200w.jpg
23KB, 200x285px
>>51923804
>>
>>51923804
I don't know, whenever the topic of bans comes up people always point to ssg because "muh fast mana" and the fact that it can kill before t3 with some consistency is why I'm kind of worried. Granted the deck hasn't put up any tournament results nor does it have a big meta share, but when has that stopped wizards?

I mean I literally just had a t1 kill and a couple of other kills before t4 recently while testing so maybe that's skewing my views a little bit but it does seem like the sort of deck wizards would ban though, which is why I'm hesitant about it.
>>
>>51923869
Wizards did this on purpose to fuck with twin players #fuckblue
>>
>Death's Shadow 1st, 8th and 10th at the SCG Classic
hope you're ready for a Goyf__________ ban
>>
>>51924043
also of lesser shitposting note the 4th place grixis delver had 4 death's shadows mainboard, thoughts?
>>
trying to update this chart >>51923412
what is the defining difference between jund and junk atm?

>>51923876
if you hold off it's just as well. deck's not for those who are afraid to go all in with little info
>>
>>51924068
Also had 4 thoughtseize main which is a slight departure from the usual lists, although presents some synergy with the Shadows which is nice.

Overturf usually has some idea what's going on with delver so maybe that's the new thing.

>>51924251
There's a difference between being afraid to go all in in a game and potentially being out ~800 bucks because wizards decides they don't like the deck.
>>
File: ayy.jpg (14KB, 185x173px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
14KB, 185x173px
>>51923804
Splinter twin ban was epic. I remember some guys in local meta stopping magic because of these bans. First guy build pod, banned. Sold the deck and bought splinter twin. Was still salty about pod deck and decided to sell twin before ban anouncement. His friend had build amulet bloom just month before. Next announcement and both banned. Both sold their magic cards and I'm quite sure the guy who bought splinter twin left the game as well.
>>
>temur goyf
>jund goyf
>sultai goyf
>golgari goyf
>different jund goyf
>abzan goyf
Is there any other archetype that goyf can work with? l mean are we going to see gruul goyf storm decks?
>>
>>51924700
You forgot simic goyf and Mono green goyf
>>
>>51924715
I though they werent viable in the meta anymore, oh well thats two more for the list.
>>
File: from memes into miracles.jpg (147KB, 876x498px) Image search: [Google]
from memes into miracles.jpg
147KB, 876x498px
>/tg/ taking about bant tron
>play against bant tron today
what does it mean?
>>
>>51924812
>raging ravine
>eternal command
baka senpai
>>
>>51923248
I would recommend picking up the Khan's fetches sooner rather than later. Fetches are only going to go up in price and now is a good time.

Other than that I would usually recommend playing standard and drafting to start off. These formats give you a good evaluation of what makes a card good and the type of deck you like to play without spending alot of money. After a few rotations and a decent collection you can start playing that modern (If it's still around). However, standard has been kind of crappy as of late so be wary.
>>
>>51924812
I really want to believe that someone looked at my meme brew and decided to play it.

Also, reminder that I'm still planning on taking Banteldrazitron to FNM for the dank memes.
>>
File: my manabase lives on the edge.jpg (184KB, 876x493px) Image search: [Google]
my manabase lives on the edge.jpg
184KB, 876x493px
>>51924886
I got a desolate lighthouse too. I very often cannot cast my spells
>>51924941
Unless your memebrew had bolas I don't think it's the right one
>>
>>51924567
Funny you mention that, because the same thing happened to me. First pod then twin. I'm still a little salty about that, but only a little. Honestly the format has gotten worse since those two decks have left. I can't seem to find a deck I like or viable. Right now I'm playing jund and it's just meh.
>>
>>51924965
>running bolas in tron
holy fuck that's spicy.
>>
>>51924567
I knew a guy who this happened to. Builds pod, banned. Builds twin, banned. The moral of the story is don't build decks that have namesake cards that have even a small chance of being banned. Tron is probably the most dangerous you can get with this philosophy.
>>
>>51925036
Honestly I would welcome the death of Tron with open arms.
>>
>>51925036
To be fair no cards in tron actually have the word tron in their name
>>
>>51925142

New bread lads
>>
Is there a good cheap deck that can be upgraded that you guys would recommend for someone starting on modern?
>>
>>51917439
Prolly Death's Shadow itself. Remember, Nacatl was on the list before.
>>
>>51917965
I would say Titanshift is better. Less explosive, more consistant. But I don't like the rise of Grixis control in my meta.
Thread posts: 342
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.