[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/exg/ - Exalted General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 31

File: dawn-1.jpg (495KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
dawn-1.jpg
495KB, 1920x1200px
>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://jyenicolson.net/exalted/. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition

>Final 3E Core Release
https://mega.nz/#!ctgxyJaC!ygkrLnFsrnBJzIUZY-dJsMfyFrhFQgDsQuuo52fcW0I
http://www.mediafire.com/download/q51qw8skdw1rg15/Exalted_3e_Core.pdf

>3E Backer Core (Old)
https://mega.nz/#!E1dRBBIa!ZbQG4IasYCJRli2bhgE2MOdWeFAeV3N1rqL9kAIGbNE

>Frequently updated Character Sheet with Formulas and Autofill https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pfjmZKzcUqAX9mB58IAEUIFkZr8rq4CvdRRM4kzwwgU/edit?usp=sharing
>General Homebrew dumping folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
>Solar Charms: https://imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
>Martial Arts: https://imgur.com/a/mnQDe
>Evocations: https://imgur.com/a/TYKE4

Resources for 2.5 Edition:
>All books with embedded errata notes, as well as some extras: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/253ulzik1j9s5/Exalted
>Chargen software: http://anathema.github.io/
>Anathema homebrew charm files: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/pka3nz3vqbqda/Anathema_Files
>MA form weapon guide: http://www.brilliantdisaster.net/dif/ExaltedMA.html
>http://www.mediafire.com/view/ua7tanepy2jfkdp/Exalted_2nd_Ed_-_Return_of_the_Scarlet_Empress.pdf

Resources for 1e:
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9vp0e9id3by6m/Exalted_1e

So, fa/tg/uys, have we heard anything from the devs recently?
>>
Sounds like no. I think WW's had a dry spell lately.
>>
Don't new WoD owners dislike Exalted as an idea?

> dead game
>>
>>51912340
That is pretty annoying. I vaguely recall hearing that the devs had some personalt shit going on some time ago, but it'd still be nice if the team put some effort into keeping people interested in the game.
>>
File: Anathema Reincarnated UI.jpg (103KB, 1228x480px) Image search: [Google]
Anathema Reincarnated UI.jpg
103KB, 1228x480px
>>51912144

>So, fa/tg/uys, have we heard anything from the devs recently?

I think that the next thing to be on the lookout for is the chargen program. Hilariously, the one closest to completion isn't the one that was mentioned in the Kickstarter.

>>51912353

I think we've just discussed everything to death is all, we just have to wait until the next book hits in 2020.
>>
What's a cheap, affordable way to take down a gigantic CoD? We're talking siege tower here.

Come to think of it, how do you take down siege towers?
>>
>>51913236
Throw your Dawn at it
>>
>>51913236

>What's a cheap, affordable way to take down a gigantic CoD? We're talking siege tower here.

Dawn caste? Legendary Size might be a problem if the CoD has it. Giant Slaying Tactics from Tiger Warrior Training Technique will help if you have an army.

>Come to think of it, how do you take down siege towers?

Dawn, again. Maybe Feats of Strength to break it at the bottom, make it collapse on itself.
>>
>>51912353
I'm kind of grateful if that's the case, White Wolf is fucking up royal.

>>51912355
The jumpstart adventure is almost out.
>>
>>51914480

>White Wolf is fucking up royal.

Yeah? How so? I heard that there was a reference to Gamergate in one of the books, but didn't that get nixed?
>>
>>51914502
Well, what you have to understand is that Onyx Path Productions are the people working on the actual rpg shit, and they're the people who worked in a GamerGate reference for some fucking reason.

However, /White Wolf/, now owned by Paradox, are the actual license holders for WoD. Onyx Path is licensing WoD from White Wolf, while White Wolf seems to be run by a crazy Swede who wants to bring back Gypsies from oWoD and released two crappy visual novels which were not well received for a variety of reasons.
>>
File: ss+(2016-12-29+at+02.40.49).png (225KB, 575x562px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-12-29+at+02.40.49).png
225KB, 575x562px
>>51914568
Misinfo autist, fuck off back to the OP forums.

>>51914502
That was Onyx Path actually.

And now for actual truth, Paradox is licensing the White Wolf IPs (including Exalted) to Onyx Path whom is developing on them, but Paradox also recreated White Wolf as White Wolf Publishing to spread the IP out across other media platforms like vidya and TV and interactive novels and the like.

This is has caused severe backlash especially now as Asmodee and other companies have gotten greenlit to release World of Darkness stuff that previously only Onyx Path got their hands on.

Now for opinions. Basically a bunch of ass blasted SJW cucks with no idea about how licensing or selling games works are now having a meltdown and dreading the return of White Wolf because they might just retake the IPs and stop releasing otherkin tranny simulators.

And how this relates to Exalted. It really doesn't matter, the same fucks that shit up Exalted 2e are doing Exalted 3e in Onyx Path, everyone who backed the kickstarted got scammed and the game is dead. People don't talk about Exalted 3e because the only thing that got actually released was a butchered core book with mile wide gaps and missing kickstarter milestones and years late at that. Holden is still a fuck and we're still at the mercy of his and David Hill's rancid, diseased cocks.
>>
>>51914688
>the same fucks that shit up Exalted 2e are doing Exalted 3e in Onyx Path
No they aren't. That's just factually wrong, and as it is almost impossible for anyone even slightly interested in Exalted to not know that, I can only assume that you're intentionally lying.

>everyone who backed the kickstarted got scammed
The future of the game line aside, the peopl who backed the Kickstarter got their book. Late as hell, but the promised product was delivered.
>>
>>51914688
How is anything I said misinfo? Do you think the visual novels were somehow not shit?

Because well, the vampire VN was a tranny simulator, and the Mage VN was all about muh refugees in sweden
>>
File: 1479403776894.jpg (51KB, 253x337px) Image search: [Google]
1479403776894.jpg
51KB, 253x337px
>>51914747
>No they aren't. That's just factually wrong, and as it is almost impossible for anyone even slightly interested in Exalted to not know that, I can only assume that you're intentionally lying.

OH YOU THINK SO?

DEVELOPERS: John Morke, Holden Shearer, Geoff Grabowski

[HMMMMMMMMMM]

What a coincidence!

>The future of the game line aside, the peopl who backed the Kickstarter got their book. Late as hell, but the promised product was delivered.

The physical ones as well? Is the soundtrack out? Are the per chapter full colour comics between every chapter of the core book? Are the rules to making other basic playable anathema in the corebook? Where are the supplements promised by at WORST the end of 2014?
>>
>>51914688
>the same fucks that shit up Exalted 2e are doing Exalted 3e in Onyx Path

Jenna Moran and Nephilpal are different people from Holden and Morke
>>
>>51914840
>How is anything I said misinfo?

Generally when you made upup shit and post it as facts, you cockgoblin.
>>
File: Disgusted-gif.gif (1MB, 343x255px) Image search: [Google]
Disgusted-gif.gif
1MB, 343x255px
>>51914859
>Are the per chapter full colour comics between every chapter of the core book? Are the rules to making other basic playable anathema in the corebook? Where are the supplements promised by at WORST the end of 2014?

None of those were KS promises, idiot. None of those were ever promises, in general.

>>51914859
>DEVELOPERS: John Morke, Holden Shearer, Geoff Grabowski

Here are the authors for Exalted 2E:

Author(s)
Alan Alexander,
Rebecca Borgstrom,
Carl Bowen,
Zach Bush,
Joseph Carriker,
John Chambers,
Genevieve Cogman,
Dawn Elliot,
Michael Goodwin,
Conrad Hubbard,
Peter schaefer,
John Snead,
Andrew Watt,
William Wulf
>>
File: IMG_20161025_072427.jpg (124KB, 1000x864px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161025_072427.jpg
124KB, 1000x864px
>>51914905
>None of those were KS promises, idiot. None of those were ever promises, in general.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/deluxe-exalted-3rd-edition

Sure had me fooled!

>Here are the authors for Exalted 2E:

Congratulations at finding the freelance authors, most of whom were not paid, that wrote the fluff and the gems of the anthology like the dragonblood solar hybrid exalted and had nothing with the actual game development! I applaud your keen powers of observation.
>>
>>51914954
>Sure had me fooled!

You can't be this illiterate, how are you able to type this shit?

>Congratulations at finding the freelance authors

Those were all the authors who worked on the 2E core, not just freelancers. None of them are involved with 3E, even remotely.
>>
>>51914996
>You can't be this illiterate, how are you able to type this shit?

I'm marvelled at how blind people can type so well!

>Those were all the authors who worked on the 2E core, not just freelancers. None of them are involved with 3E, even remotely.

Yes and they weren't devs either dipshit. Or do you think the writer of page filler fluff about how angry Lilith is about her husbands constitutes as writing the mechanics of the game which is why 2e was shit. Because in which case I pity you my man.
>>
>>51914996
Well, Jenna Moran previously known as Rebecca Borgstrom did write the 3E opening fiction. That is being remotely involved, though remotely is the key word here.
>>
>>51915040
>Yes and they weren't devs either dipshit. Or do you think the writer of page filler fluff about how angry Lilith is about her husbands constitutes as writing the mechanics of the game which is why 2e was shit. Because in which case I pity you my man.
Look, anon, I'll spell this out so even a retard should be able to understand it: Holden and Morke weren't involved with 2E Core. They only contributed to a couple of books towards the end of the line. Alchemicals, Masters of Jade, a book or two I can't be bothered two remember right now. The people behind 2E mechanics are not the people behind 3E mechanics.
>>
>>51915040
John Chambers was the lead dev for 2E tho.

>>51915061
Oh right, I forgot that. It was probably the best piece of fiction in the core, to be honest. Fun and weird.
>>
File: 1476973137034.jpg (71KB, 576x565px) Image search: [Google]
1476973137034.jpg
71KB, 576x565px
>>51915092
Storyteller Game System Design: Mark Rein*Hagen
Developers: John Champers and Geoffrey C. Grabowski

And aside form that, even by your autistic standards you contradict yourself in your own post. Also good to know the Ink Monkeys was never a thing too.

Man, I feel guilty arguing with the mentally ill.
>>
>>51915108
>Oh right, I forgot that. It was probably the best piece of fiction in the core, to be honest. Fun and weird.
I liked it as a piece of fiction, but not as the opening fiction. The tone of the story was a bit too light for my taste, not for Exalted fiction in general, but specifically for what is kind of supposed to be the introduction to the game. Something sort of grander, with less banter about Wu-Jian's culinary offerings, would've been a better opening, I feel. That's my only real issue with the story, though. If it would've been placed somewhere else in the book, I'd have no problems with it.
>>
>>51912353
Its not inclusive enough since if you were a mentally ill tranny in Exalted you can easily get a perfect sex change, counteracting all the drama and persecution complex that trendsexuals thrive on which is the main demographic of Onyx Path aficionados, so of course Exalted is kill.
>>
>>51915161
>Storyteller Game System Design: Mark Rein*Hagen
>Developers: John Champers and Yeah, look at all that Holden and Morke, sure are same people. If you'd paid any attention during 3E's development, you'd know that Grabowski had very little involvement and is listed as a developer mostly due to some overblown respect Holden, Morke and some other Exalted fans ahve for the guy. For that matter, Chambers was mostly in charge of 2E, and the core mechanics were mostly the work of Borgstrom and whatever Neph's real name was. Grabowski's baby was 1E, after that Exalted has been primarily in the hands of others.
>>
File: 1476749125592.png (165KB, 385x455px) Image search: [Google]
1476749125592.png
165KB, 385x455px
>>51915273
Refer to your own previous post(s), read up on Holden's career history, then check the names again and drink a bottle of bleach to cure your delirious ass blasted idiocy, chimp.

>Holden and friends just wrote half of 2e and errata'd the core rules, this proves they totally didn't make 2e shit so its fine that they're in 3e!

Mongrel OP shills like you is why Exalted is permanently fucked, thanks homo.
>>
File: go on.gif (490KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
go on.gif
490KB, 500x286px
>>51915331
It does prove that they totally didn't make 2E shit. Most of their time with 2E was spent unfucking the Core.

Unless you're somehow convinced that the Core was perfect before the current devs came along in which case lmao
>>
>>51915331
Are you actually retarded? The main though not only reason for 2E being shit were the core mechanics, which neither Holden nor Morke had nay part in. They wrote the errata, sure, and the errata made the game *less* shit, though not actually good. Why do you continue with these ridiculous, blatantly false claims? If you want to shit on Holden and Morke, how about stickin to the things they've actually said and done?
>>
>>51915385
Not to get into this but

>Most of their time with 2E was spent unfucking the Core.

2e was never good but the erratas only made the core rules worse. Though Devil Tiger Shintai was cool.
>>
>>51915392
>They wrote the errata, sure, and the errata made the game *less* shit, though not actually good

Considering it changed nothing but added extra crap atop the pile of monster bloated mechanics and half of it was made only because Holden got blasted out in arguments on RPGnet you are pretty dishonest in that assessment of Holden and Morke's contributions anon. Not to join your argument though.
>>
>>51915417
Disagree, 2.5E at least patched all the most egregious problems, including that one Ess 4 shaping effect in Dragonblooded that basically was 'use this charm to win the game.'
>>
>>51915462
And yet we still rolled 50 dice and the game was a dance between perfect attacks and perfect defenses.
>>
>>51915529
Correct, but you could still credibly argue that the game was less bad thanks to them.
>>
>>51915576
More importantly, you can't really credibly argue that the game was worse due to them, even if you don't fel they made it much better. One anon's claims about the people behind 3E being the people who are to blame for 2E's shittiness are idiotic, to say the least.
>>
>>51915712
>you can't really credibly argue that the game was worse due to them

Sure you can, it made the bloat worse and and left a bunch of exploitable stuff. Hell they made the Rakasha the most OP splat by far leaving Solars behind in the dust, compared to how weak they were on release compared to any splat that had an occult or lore charm set.
>>
>>51915712
2.5 broke the game in two or so ways for every fix it proffered.
>>
>>51915960
Nonsense. Solars were incredibly well supported in 2.5.

Infernals, however, were screwed.
>>
>>51916375
Largely moot because there's no reason to prefer any iteration of 2E over 3E now.
>>
File: 1469832024455.jpg (548KB, 528x1416px) Image search: [Google]
1469832024455.jpg
548KB, 528x1416px
What's the status of the Quick Start thing anyway?
Is it even a thing?
>>
>>51916804
It's almost done.
>>
>>51916907
Is there any proof
Any forum or news posts or anything about it
I've found nothing myself
>>
>>51916916
just stuff by Sheppard on the OPP forums
>>
>>51913502
>>51913668
By cheap and affordable, I meant I would have hireling do it while the Dawn fights the Duck. I was thinking enchanted ballista or something.
>>
If I buy By Rage Recast does it mean whenever I use Shintai I get to activate my 8 points mutation?
>>
I'm looking for an offensive use for Craft, and I got to thinking, how would you go about statting single use traps such as the Spring Razor from Dishonored, that can be affixed to any surface and used to shut down small areas during combat? Would it be worth trying to recreate things such as the quagmire perimeter mine from 2e?
>>
>>51918138
You could alter the stats for Volcano Cutter's Eruption Points. You could craft them together with an extended roll and use excess successes as the initial initiative pool or something similar.
>>
Okay, sorry about the delay folks, my life is a difficult one.

Megasession Day 2

Day 2 was much more eventful and much more interesting the Day 1, mostly because most of the interparty interactions on day one were largely based on uh… well, mostly Exalted dick swinging in all honestly.

It wasn’t my favorite day, but it was pretty good.

Day 2 is divided into two main parts. Part 1 is the discovery of a horrible outbreak of Puppeteers Plague engineered by the Tearstained Singer Who Drowns in Truth’s kind of sort of romantic interest… The Lover Clad in the Raiment of Tears. In a previous session, Truth and the Lover got kind of close. The end result was eventually Truth coming into existence in the first place vis a vis the tragic obsession with the Underworld and Death.

But I digress. You have heard that tale. This is a tale of how the North became Spooksville at the hands of several adamant Solars and one very very pissed off Moonshadow Caste. The Puppeteers Plague in Highstorm (Team Grimdark’s home base) was easily rectified by our brawny lunar pal, the army of war ghosts patrolling the streets loyal to Truth, our small army of death priests, and a chokehold on control of our Shadowlands.
>>
>>51919405
Following this, Truth was forced to do some cleaning house. After a period of time angrily berating her ghost retainers and ascertaining that none of them were traitors, she brought Hadariel (Team Splendid’s Dawn Caste who JUST HAPPENED to have on his person a Gem of Day’s Light hearthstone) and Nuada with her. I forget the exact dialogue, but it went something like this.

>I put together this alliance between the living and the dead that both might mutually benefit from the arrangement. As such, I have worked hard to ensure that the Living fear not the ghosts of their ancestors, and that ancestors respect the lives being lived above them as well.

>It has come to my attention however, that some among the dead have betrayed their worshippers among the living by introducing a plague through the very shadowlands I helped forge. I feel as though this is because my meaning in bringing these worlds together has been mistaken.

>I have brought darkness and death to Highstorm, I have made them revere their ancestors, from the spire constructed here, in Highstorm’s dark reflection, worship flows from above, to bolster you. I brought darkness to Highstorm, and you think that when that darkness betrays the citizens above there will be no punishment.
>>
>>51912144
charm to change anima power to alternate caste: good or shit?
>>
>>51919519
shit
>>
>>51919464
>You are wrong. If darkness can slip into Highstorm by the will of Highstorm’s enemies. Then I can bring light into the darkness. Know this, Storm’s Fall and Highstorm are now tied together indelibly! This is my edict, that you have further concern for those who dwell above you! As above, so below!

At this point, she gestures to Hadariel, who, in the middle of the Underworld, activates the Gem of Day’s Light in an assembly full of ghosts. REEEEING of spirits intensifies, perpetrators are apprehended as they try to flee, and Truth has them questioned and finally, though she dearly sought to have them forged into Soulsteel bangles to compliment her outfit, she instead decided to simply have them viciously dispersed.

This is where the narrative splits. We found out from our little ghost traitors that the Lover Clad in the Raiment of Tears planned this strike across several major cities throughout the near North. A plague of walking skeletons was now marching from several major cities. Cue the party split.

Team Grimdark, in true Grimdark fashion, decides under advisement from a conclave of several healers that most of the major Northern cities are beyond saving and proceed to use Magma Kraken, Storm of Doom, broadsides from our flying mega ship, and assembled armies to hunt down and kill anybody outside of specific quarantine zones, culling the population of the North by massive amounts over a long course of time.
>>
>>51919519
>>51919541

(Type) Exalt Ways lets you mimic any single Anima Banner, if you're okay with using Scroll of the Monk or looking for a conversion for Ex3.
>>
>>51919612

>looking for a conversion

looking for a conversion of Prismatic Arrangement of Creation Style, which the charm is in.
>>
>>51919600
Team Splendid on the other hand directly assaults the citadel of the Lover Clad in the Raiment of Tears.Having earned a favor from Team Splendid due to their help with the Behemoth situation, they decide to call it in to deal with the pesky issue of the Lover Clad in the Raiment of Tears. Nuada Danu decides to lead the strike mission with a force of close to 10,000 Elite Drill, Perfect Morale soldiers, an army he has been building over the course of the campaign. Decked out with a sorcerously created war table that allows him to command all ten Size 5 Battlegroups no matter where they are in Creation at a moment’s notice. It also lets him apply a Strategic Maneuver to all of his battlegroups at once, an incredibly dangerous proposition when an Essence 4 War Supernal sits behind it.

While he was confident in his abilities, a good commander never goes in without intel, and from the bullshit that the Lover had pulled he was expecting some bullshit beyond what we could fathom. So he sends in Angua, his party’s Night Caste who actually does Night Caste shit, with Hadariel as backup in case shit hits the fan.
>>
>>51919996
One quick Racing Hare Method piggyback later, Angua arrives at the edge of the Shadowlands of the Lover ready to infiltrate her palace, in an attempt to steal or overhear whatever intel she could, hoping to tip the odds even more in their favor. Hadariel stays quite a ways away since stealthy he is not, though with the Awareness Charm to hear anyone he cares about call out his name he assures her that if she is in danger, he will be there in but minutes. With those assurances she begins scoping out the palace.

Now, on the way over and afterwards she activated every single prep time Charm in the fucking book, Larceny, Stealth, none were left in reserve. She had 20 something successes banked from Living Shadow Preparedness, she had a ton of Contingency Points from Master Plan Meditation. With her prodigious amount of prep time motes committed she finally heads down and begins to break in, effortlessly breezing past the ghostly guards ritualistic patrol patterns she had spotted from on high, casually leaping up the walls and onto the window of a room, using Lock Opening Touch to get in, no problem.
>>
Now, her Stealth rolls were so fucking high that no mortal, ghost, or anyone really would have a chance at catching her. All except for the equivalent of an Awareness Supernal Abyssal in the employ of the Lover my players dubbed “Katana Santana” based upon his use of Single Point, a style he used to attack and damage Anju, from Team Grimdark, to her last -4 Health Level after rolling LOW in his opening action the time they were fucking around the Lover’s palace. He had specialized in the Hearing tree of Awareness so I was allowing him to make various rolls to detect Angua breaking in using only 1 to 2 motes and the various permanent upgrades he had at his disposable since he wasn’t consciously aware that someone was trying to break in and he was somewhere else in the palace.

So, Angua opens up this window and drops in and now I’m thinking “well shit, gotta find out where Katana Santana is” so I roll 2d10 for a percentile roll to leave it up to RNG as god intended, a simple “high or low” followed by the roll to see how extraordinarily fucked they are. The players have throughout the entire year have always called high so I skip over this formality and roll, glance down and see a natural 1 out of 100 sitting under myhand, I look over to Angua’s player, face undoubtedly betraying how fucked she’s about to be, and say

>you called high right?
>>
To her credit, she nods as if she would ever have the cowardice to call low, and I explain to her that she had broken into the room of the Abyssal in question where he was currently sleeping preparing for the next day’s battle. Right beside him on a table are a sheaf of papers with writing all over them as well as a stand with his artifact reaper daiklave which almost opened the throat of Anju a year ago. Her previous Stealth roll allowed her to get into the room undetected, but she’ll have to make another roll right now not to wake him up, a roll he’d now be putting a lot more motes into. After narrowly succeeding her Stealth roll,I look at her and ask, what do you do?

>I fucking steal the katana

>of course you do
>>
What followed were a series of Stealth and Awareness rolls so fucking close that I could believe it was all planned. He had the edge in shear amount of Awareness Charms purchased because she was a Dodge Supernal first and foremost but she covered her ass with all the bullshit prep time Larceny Charms. In her attempt to steal the daiklave with Magpie’s Invisible Talon I had to stunt creatively, having him turn over, eyes opening for but a moment as he restlessly moved around in his sleep, giving me access to the much more powerful Sight Charms I couldn't have used otherwise. Even with all that, she cashed in her 20 something successes from Living Shadow Preparedness to end up beating him by only a single success. Katana in hand, Abyssal safely(?) back asleep, she goes to the door, with very little motes remaining.

>Gotta open the door and you know based upon the dice he’s been throwing at you, ain’t no way you’ll make it through with what you’ve got left.

>I burn some contingency points to lower the cost of Door-Evading Technique to something I can actually pay, deuces.

And she slips through my fucking fingers
>>
She dashes down the hall, failing her first Stealth roll then doubles back leaping above the door, succeeding that one. Right as he busts through the door, pissed as hell and listening for all he’s worth, he decides to sprint down the hall the way she was going in an attempt to catch up with her. Being the sneaky Night she is, she goes back into his room, steals the papers she hopes are intel, hops back out the window and uses her tiger claws that functioned very similarly to the Xiaolin Showdown item of the same name, letting her jump to medium range away from the palace walls at this point desperately calling for Hadariel to come mulch this motherfucker.

However fate would have other plans, with her rolling exceptionally poorly on one of the last Stealth attempts she’d have to make which was greeted by what she surmised was the Abyssal’s anima going to full bonfire. An unholy and deathly calamity rising from the palace as if every bell in the world was echoing through ancient mausoleums. The Abyssal had finally found her.

Join Battle is rolled with his first turn being dedicated to flash stepping with Athletics Charms from the palace and blowing a ton of motes to disarm her of his katana in a desperate bid to get his weapon back, a successful one, though he ended up burning through 25 motes in his very first turn what with having to reattune to his daiklave, ruining whatever mote advantage he may have had over her and that is when the battle really began.
>>
They are both so low in motes there really isn’t anything flashy they can do, their only remaining tactical decisions are how much of their pitiful motes do they throw at attacking and how much to defense, relying much more on their baseline abilities. Angua has Ebon Shadow Style but very little in the way of offensive ability, relying more on Stealth to give her the Initiative to kill while Katana Satana uses Single Point, an incredibly expensive style to use, more expensive than he can pay for right now.

A tense standoff that later we recognized was decided almost exclusively by the stunts used as they injected much needed Willpower to either side, allowing that smallest edge to let them overcome their foe. While I think I did pretty well stunting for Katana Satana, playing him as that typically meditative nihilistic Buddha who finally snapped after being made a fool of at every turn by this asshole who broke into his own room and took his shit, Angua’s player took the cake. Stunts are always context driven, especially high rated ones, and even if I could remember the exact things said they would not resonant as they did with us, but I assure you she was on fire.
>>
A lackadaisical hippy who steals shit for fun, having only killed in the deepest throes of Limit Break, finally being forced into a situation she had no other recourse but to go for the killing blow with full clarity and forethought, a task that kept eluding her as the fight kept going on and on, hoping beyond hope that Hadariel would arrive in time, burning Willpower as soon as she got it in a struggle to stay alive.

After an attack that could have put her at the brink was dodged by the grace of Willpower, she decided she had enough and locked down on a plan. She threw out an attack with zero motes added, seemingly to conserve them for Defense, which allowed Katana to similarly conserve his for his attack, this next one would decide it.

He burns all the motes he has, a whole 7 or something, I look at Angua who gives me a solid stunt and burns another Willpower but doesn’t amp up her defense in any way. The fuck is she planning? I roll for Katana, thinking I might kill her with this next attack, the odds are in my favor, and I just roll trash, though even with that I manage to hit her right on the dot. Well fuck, better roll this 12 Initiative I have, but the look on her face makes me stop.

>I use Drifting Leaf Elusion, ties go to the defender, doesn’t count as a Charm activation. He misses and triggers Unbowed Willow Meditation, he crashes him and steal all his Initiative.
>>
How much do you think the Exalted IP is worth?

>>51914840
>Because well, the vampire VN was a tranny simulator, and the Mage VN was all about muh refugees in sweden
Wait what?
>>
The Dodge Supernal had come out to play and just like that the tables are turned. Using her new 20 something Initiative stolen from him and the crash she launches an attack with all the motes she’s saved up, getting close to a full excellency and some damage boosting Ebon Shadow Charms. Rolls and hits, not even close baby, and gouges her tiger claws into his chest, dealing almost enough damage to kill him twice over.

And that’s when Hadariel dramatically arrives, too late to save her but right on time to see her gain a shit ton of Limit, just shy of Limit Breaking. Being a bit too dumb to actually understand why she’s so upset (he kills people all the time!) but still empathetic enough to understand something is wrong he consoles her as best he can and gets them the fuck out of Dodge, back to Nuada Danu, awaiting the completion of their mission to enact his.

Once back, Ink using his bullshit amount of Linguistics Charm deciphers the seemingly philosophical musings of Abyssal Buddha and accompanying haikus as a readiness report on all the Lover’s armies including placement, numbers, and chains of command. An Abyssal by the name of The Moment of Stillness Between Life and Death listed at the top as the commanding general.
>>
>Aw fuck we have another Abyssal to kill before their army is completely fucked.

>No, that’s the guy who just died.

>What? No that was Katana Satana

>That wasn’t his actual name shitlords, that’s just what my party called him when they first met him, he’s had his actual name this whole time and now I can finally tell you fuckers.
Their head cut off and their full plans exposed Nuada walks to his war table, blows 30 something motes to make a roll with a frankly ridiculous amount of bonuses which results in an equally ridiculous amount of successes. An amount so great that although he’s been prepping his battlegroups for ages I cannot see how actually playing out the combat would be anything other than a colossal waste of time. With fairly insignificant losses, they arrive at the Lover’s palace a few hours later Nuada’s army comfortably in command of the premises.

They walk into the the Lover’s throne room, finding her still lounging about it, seemingly unconcerned with the occupation of her lands and her palace. When they explain they’re here to kill her she lets out titter, which transitions into something close to full belly laughter.
>>
>Kill me, will you? Disperse my essence if you must but I will return in a few decades, perhaps a century if you are lucky, but I will return, I promise you that. Only the little songbird who flew free from my cage could truly finish my tale and yet she is nowhere to be seen! I guess she didn’t want to chat with an old flame.

Confused, but unable to devote resources to keeping her bound, Ink dispatches her with Ghost-Eating Technique, assuming the Lover was spinning some mad tale to keep them from killing her. Later research into the prophecies and histories surrounding the Deathlords confirms it however, each Deathlord must be killed by a specific person, item, or circumstance and the Lover’s required a lover that spurned her and escaped her grasp to strike the killing blow. Sunset Ember would have qualified, but is Truth the same person? Would it still have worked? Regardless, it did not matter, Truth made it clear in no uncertain terms that she would take no part in the toppling of the Lover.

CONCLUSION OF DAY 2
>>
It you were to replace scaling costs with flat costs, the way Chronicles of Darkness has, how would you do it?
>>
So fa/tg/uys, should I convert my current game from 3e to 2.5e since we will never recieve any other splat books
>>
>>51922513
Naw, just start using the various homebrew conversions.
>>
OK, so there's enough people interested to warrant a /tg/ general thread, so why can I never find a game no matter where I look?
>>
>>51923170

Where are you looking? If you're so eager for a game, why not run one?
>>
>>51922513
>ugh I have some pretty tasty food but I have to eat the same dish every day, should I switch to drinking a different brand of bleach every day instead?
There is never a good reason to play 2e exalted.
>>
>>51923237
Hell, it's how I coped with my inability to find a game.
>>
How introduce two total newbies into Exalted (3e)?
They pretty easy done with caste (dawn, zenith), attributes and abilities.
Now i should help them with charms and merits. On what things i should focus their attention?
>>
>>51916790
I could name one. It has supplements!
>>
>>51916995
Links?
>>
File: 1480805307095.jpg (51KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1480805307095.jpg
51KB, 1024x576px
>>51920442
>>I fucking steal the katana
>mfw

>>51920570
>CONCLUSION OF DAY 2
Excellent.
Magnifiqué.
Can't wait for more.

>>51922513
Why would you even joke about that?
That's like asking if it'd be fun to shoot yourself in the knee with a shotgun.
>>
PRAISE SOL INVICTUS
I've missed you so much /exg/
>>
>>51915215
I don't know, it really got the solar mindset going for me. Once everything is trivial why not banter and goof off?
>>
>>51920570
Love the after-reveals here and also how this story shows dodge is the best defense skill if you want to wreck someones face in retaliation.
>>
>>51928284
Because everything is not trivial. The only reason why Solars don't get killed by the Wyld Hunt frequently is because there aren't enough Solars for anything to happen to them frequently.
>>
>>51928858
Actually you are right. Ill change what i mean,Two dragon blooded who clearly can not lay a finger on you is trivial so banter away, a whole hunt is something to worry about.
>>
>>51927897
Spoilers for off topic pedantry :
It's Magnifique, not Magnifiqué. That accent doesn't belong here, and you'd pronounce it with a silent final "e", so the end sounds like "feec". Source : I'm a frenchfag.
>>
>>51930024
It's okay. God speaks french, as they say.
>>
>>51930420
Do they? I'd genuinely never heard that one.

I like it!
>>
>>51930420
Do people who aren't French say that?
>>
>>51927750
Went lookin for a bit and only found that on the last two Monday Meetings he had used art from the jumpstart in the opening.

Also it's slated in Winter 2017 (Jan/Feb/March) in their current schedule:

http://theonyxpath.com/schedule/
>>
>>51933153

Since when have these guys ever launched on time?
>>
>>51934879
They did when they were writing 2E supplements, at least
>>
>>51937682

Yeah, but at a noticeable cost to quality. What books are you looking forward to, Anon?
>>
File: fran monsters.jpg (326KB, 600x624px) Image search: [Google]
fran monsters.jpg
326KB, 600x624px
>>51937734
Honestly all I want is Liminals. I've been rereading some old Ravenloft books lately and just got done with Van Richten's Guide to the Created and it got me thinking about them. Of course, I'm sure I'll need to wait another 10 years before they ever get published, so I pretty much gave up the moment I remembered them.
>>
File: tumblr_ng8jmpr1IK1tv3g49o1_1280.jpg (408KB, 940x1208px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ng8jmpr1IK1tv3g49o1_1280.jpg
408KB, 940x1208px
>>51937924

Been waiting on Towers of the Mighty to hit so I can see what the new Manses are like. 2e shafted manse making due to it taking literally 100 years to make one on your own so everyone just raised one in the space of a scene using sorcery. The fact that there were no craft charms at all sucked as well.

Ex3 handles it better by treating Manses like any other project, meaning that with Thousand Forge Hands you can single handedly raise a magical building in the space of a month. Looking forward to having a Twilight manse maker that actually uses craft to make manses.
>>
>>51924664
3e with just solars and barely cardboard cutout npc and environment is shit. you need to write 3/4ths the setting just to do anything, luckily there are previous editions to pull from
>>
What would win in a fight? tyrant lizard or male great terror? (on neutral terrain)
>>
>>51938913
Is one of them a Lunar in disguise?
>>
>>51937734
At first it was Infernal, but after the preview I don't know anymore
>>
>>51940049

Everything in the previews have been shit-canned. The only thing that we know about Infernals for sure is that they have Best Girl.
>>
>>51915229

>Easily

The only two methods I'd know of are sorcery and that one hearthstone.

Sex-Change Hearthstone: Possibly travelling thousands of miles just to find the single one.

Sorcery: Hidden costs and flaws. Most mortals would barely pull of an ambition 3 rating which would give some minor hiccups. Ambition 1... if I was a transexual I'd say as my current biological sex rather than risk whatever crap will come out of Ambition 1.
>>
>>51912353

They barely even fucking know the game. All they knew about it was how that early on in Exalted's lifespan it was going to tie into WoD and they didn't like that.

You know, an idea that was discarded after the first book of Exalted.
>>
>>51925755

Tell them to pay attention to Essence 1 charms or they're going to go insane.

Merits are easy enough to explain though. An artifact at the start helps as its spiffy to have one.
>>
File: everythingbad.gif (961KB, 245x250px) Image search: [Google]
everythingbad.gif
961KB, 245x250px
>come into thread

>expecting good time

>pic related

Well the story was fun at least.
>>
>>51940661
This is probably the best advice you can give people. Outside of their Supernal there is absolutely no reason to read all the Charms in an Ability. I've run and played in quite a few games and I can't say I've read every single Charm, it's just wholly unnecessary.
>>
>>51940693
Thanks, I'm glad someone enjoyed it. I felt I got far too long-winded with the break in. It was my favorite part of megaession so I just wanted to keep rambling about it.

Day 3 will be done at some point, gotta sit down together with my co-ST and hash things out collectively instead of writing our two different plot lines separately.
>>
>>51940693

Is not like we have anything to do until the next book drops.
>>
>>51940917

Not with that attitude!

I've been busy making lots of stuff!
>>
>>51940997

What've you made? Homebrew artefacts? SMA conversions?
>>
>>51940189
Was everything really thrown out? I liked the Shintai thing.

>>51940917
So another 5 years or so?
>>
>>51941321

>Pages 145
>Words 73599

Little surprise. Probably going to be longer than my Alchemical document that's for damn sure.
>>
So what's the meta, for lack of a better word, for 3e combat? In 2e it was Grand Goremauls and all the rest of the Chung stuff. I've heard people talking up Short Daiklaves.

Also, what do you think of 3e Martial Arts? How do they stack up compared to standard combat abilities? Are they better for dedicated combatants or dabblers?
>>
>>51941894

Martial arts have a huge buy in, but they're really good.

Basically I find them good for the 'short run' of things. A Snek caste Twilight can be godly in combat with just his Dexterity 5. The Dawn may still be better with his assloads of melee charms, but something like Snek style provides a comprehensive package. The fact you can buy the charms with Solar XP is also a massive boon as you can focus on your core character ideas that aren't fighting but still keep up in the fighting front.

Most MA's tend to have a few fatal flaws in them. Steel Devil is shit against people who have high defense (This can be bypassed by clever evocation use, one is Dawn Fang's and the other is one I made that uses tons of rolling), Crane is really good but has withering problems until you hit the capstone and don't care about that anymore, Single Point has some of the highest burst damage in the game but can't mount a good defense worth shit, Tiger Style has issues with defense, Black Claw fails utterly against undead/automatons, etc...
>>
>>51941972
Dawn's Fang?
>>
>>51941894
Generally speaking having a bigger more damagaing weapon always better, if only for building up initiative. Though, since you deal damage based off your initiative, there are certain builds that can just avoid weapons since they can just start a battle with a ton of initiative (Stealth and Awareness builds come to mind).

Plus, Evocations can completely change things. You may want a smaller weapon with sweet Evocations that mix with your chosen combat style more than a bigger, stronger weapon whose Evocations you don't want.

As for MA's, they tend to be very good for their price, but MA's also tend to be more niche, have a big buy in, and of course each MA only has a limited number of Charms you can buy. There's a reason why you can buy MA charms with your more 'general' experience points - if you choose to use MA it won't be directly competing for the exp you spend on native Solar Charms because they're not Solar Charms. Some MA are fucking amazing like Shining Point (it has the highest burst damage of any combat option) but it has virtually no defense. Other styles have their own strengths and weaknesses.

Using MA is not suboptimal technically, but if you choose to use MA it's important to go into it with your eyes wide open and try to shore up the weaknesses that are inherent in using MA over something like Melee.
>>
>>51942197
Gonna have to disagree with you on that, light weapons are much better than heavy weapons. +4 accuracy is vastly superior to +4 damage.
>>
>>51942224
The dfense bonus from medium weapons is also pretty sweet. Medium or lioght weapons are where it's at. Or wielding both a medium and a light weapon, like a shield and a short sword.
>>
>>51942169

Refluffed as short swords, that's one way.

The other way was a set of speed based short daiklaves I made up. I had the notes done but started my mega project first. The general idea was that for 3m you could reflexively rush the opponent and attack, and if double attack technique was used the threshold successes on the rush attempt would count as 'fake threshold successes', not adding to damage but would add to see if double attack technique would fire off.

With Steel Devil Form up it'd cost 2m, and with the capstone form it'd cost 0m.

Along with other wind based evocations, the Vanity Ripper I think it was called.
>>
wait, there was an infernals preview?
but it was trashed?
what happened?
>>
>>51942477
I got you covered.
>>
>>51943113

>the reclamation is back in, page fuckingone

wew. didnt have to get far to see problems cropping up.
>>
>>51930024
In french yeah you're right, I'm sorry.
Apparently it's a word in spanish though, but I'm not going to pretend it was the keikaku.
It's been like, 10 years since I last had something to do with the language, my apologies for butchering it.

>>51931377
Sure why not
>>
>>51940189
Aww yiss bluh bluh huge bitch <3
>>
>>51940189
Hands down, they really should throw everything infernal out of the window except ono things: yozi charmsets
Hands down, they are the only redeeming part in the sea of acidic piss that was the manual. Maybe some of the artifacts as well, but that's too specific.
>>
>>51930773
>>51931377
Well they say it in french and with a bit more eloquence, but they d...iiiid. Before god left for murrica.
>>
>>51943181
The reclamation is only reasonable if it has no chance of suceeding. The yozi are insane, broken titans and in their mad pursuit for something long gone they might end up destroying it and nothing else. Flipping the yozis the middle finger should be the only way to play infernals by default. Because ¨Fuck you angry dad, I'm Exalted, my last incarnation whooped the asses of your ilk so hard death died with them and castrated you.¨
>>
>>51944624

Yozi charms come with a whole host of problems, though. There are blind spots, such as 2e not having any Bureaucracy, Ride, or War charms; and as you add more and more Yozi's to choose charms from, you dilute how many charms you could take as caste or favoured. It was fine when choosing 2 of 5 Yozi, because that's in line with choosing 10 of 25 abilities, but the more Yozi there are, the more dilute it gets.
>>
>>51944722

This.

Working on translating Infernals basically led me to this exact problem
>>
What's the best Abyssals 3e homebrew out right now? Did they come out alright?
>>
>>51944815
But no one cares about Abyssals
>>
>>51945136
If they weren't all gloomy pieces of carbon copy shit in 2e and 1e that might be different.
>>
>>51944722
That's true, yes, but charms shouldn't apply to abilities, they should apply to themes and themes should apply to abilities.
Tricking and goading them into believing things that aren't true and agreements they'll regret later on should all fall under that and war and bureaucracy are well in that. ride should function as hijacking the mounts of others and making them believe you are their rider, sweet stuff like that to interfere with others, just for the sake of it.
Yozi charms show many things: how a Yozi interacts with the world, views it and, more importantly, they test an infernals ability to adapt to circumstances in order to apply the themes of their patron(s)
>>
>>51945245

>how a Yozi interacts with the world, views it and, more importantly, they test an infernals ability to adapt to circumstances in order to apply the themes of their patron(s)

The problem with this is that in 2e Yozi's literally were their charms, and by looking at their charmsets you could accurately predict how they'd tackle any given challenge. They were effectively robots.

Infernals were also suffocated because of this, they were forced to act in certain ways because Excellencies could only be activated if they did. Choosing to buy Witness to Darkness and acting accordingly is one thing, because you choose to buy it, but every Slayer ends up being a raging berseker because that's what the Malfean Excellency requires.
>>
>>51945335
>they were forced to act in certain ways because Excellencies could only be activated if they did
At least you don't have to buy every Excellency like Solar, and I'm pretty sure you Malfeas, Cecelyne and SWLiHN Excellency are enough to cover everything, especially Cecelyne.
>>
>>51945335
That seriously depends. Malfeas Excellency is explicitly about showing of by way of awe AND terror. Effortless victory is Malfeas game, overpowering opposition straight in terms of skill and strength works out both. It's about being glorious and terrifying to those under you, s they understand their place. Malfeas Excellency is in being better than everyone and revelling in it, unbound by concerns about holding back or conserving energy.
The raging berserker is part of malfeas, but so is the dancer, showing of moves and controll beyond compare to other, the king speaking in voice of command, the impeccable swordsman who finishes his opponent in a single stroke instead of playing with him or maybe toying with him too, since it shows how much better you are. The excellencies are rather loosely designed, that's why I said: they are an excercise in ingenuity for the Infernal )and player).
>>
>>51945363

>At least you don't have to buy every Excellency like Solar

No, instead they get to buy Excellencies that they already have every time they gain Essence. Hey, anon, want to buy five copies of the First Malfeas Excellency despite it adding nothing? No? Tough shit.

>>51945406

I find it funny that in that way they are like Anti-Sidereals, who must also use a limited charmset in creative ways to stay competitive. That'll probably get replaced with Getimians being Anti-Sids.
>>
>>51945430
>Getimians being Anti-Sids.
Yes, but not inthe way you described. I liked the initial idea about Gentimians having Ying-Yang mote pools and charms doing different things depending on how you fuel them.
>>
>>51944753
their charm tree structure is what made them cool. if anything I'd like to see dragonbloods get something similar with their 5 elements, not have infernals go all green solar because it's easier to write and doesn't detract from the main splat's author favoritism(make infernals like abyssals)
>>
>>51945615
>their charm tree structure is what made them cool.
I like them too, but the parts that turn you into an alien is really impressive to me, like the charm that makes sleep useless but gives you mojo the more you run
>>
Tick and corebook wording confusion: Speed is how often you can act, like a cooldown timer for that ability/weapon/action, and Rate is how many actions you can stack into a flurry, right?

so low rate high speed is just constantly hacking away mashing the a button, and high rate low speed is that huge combo you can only occasionally use?
>>
>>51946099
Pretty much, yeah.
>>
>>51945639
So much this is hurts.
Hell is all abot being alien as fuck llthe time and infernals becoming alien should always be one of the principles in their charm trees
>>
>>51945406
I love you
>>
>>51946358
I love you too anon.
>>
File: 1474122536799.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474122536799.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>51946368
>>
>>51946294
thanks
>>
>>51944624
>Hands down, they really should throw everything infernal out of the window except ono things: yozi charmsets
I don't really like Yozi Charms, largely because no other Exalt uses the exact same powers as their patrons. Exalts make the power given to them their own, and that's cool. I think Infernals should channel and express the power of the Yozis through their own traits and qualities, such as Abilities. This should obviously still lead to weird Charms that creatively interpret the nature of various Abilities rather than Solar Charms with green special effects.
>>
>>51946882

The weird thing is that I can't see why they made INFERNAL Exalted, because the Infernals were less versatile and arguably less powerful than Solars in every way.

You'd think that they would go the Abyssal route, but instead the Yozi go to all that trouble creating weaker knock-offs.
>>
>>51946928
But Infernals are probably most powerful?
Primordial with the power of Solar Exalted
>>
>>51946970

They don't actually play like that. They're a fascinating concept, but their Charms are pretty hard to wrap your head around.

I mean, the Yozis clearly had access to Solar Charms anyway. The fact that an Infernals Charms are a Yozis Charms greatly reduces their tactical flexibility, despite having a few nice tricks. Solars have the more generic 'I'm training people really well'/'this punch is going right up your asshole' abilities, but those are the most easily applicable.

Basically as an Infernal, you use your Excellencies a lot more than anyone else.
>>
>>51943181
After they put this out they got rid of the reclamation due to the response it got.
>>
>>51943181

What's wrong with the Reclamation? Without it, the Infernals are acting solely out of spite, because the Yozis can never win.

I mean, even the Abyssals have an endgame (i.e. kill everything).
>>
>>51947079
Infernals do act out of spite - the Yozi's spite. They cannot escape, so instead they have the GSPs make life harder for Creation. There may be some INSCRUTABLE PLAN later on, but currently that's what they have.
>>
>>51947002
Because that ONE excellency was designed arouned that and is broad enough to be applicable to most things in a castes themes. As I said, most charms CAN be used in awesome ways when you can think outside the box, but that's not everyone's cup of tea

>>51947079
It's a metaplot everyone is drawn into. If you poise insane titans coming to take back the world they made as an inevitable upcoming event, chances are it will happen at every table and from that point on everything becomes primordial war 2.0.
At least that's what the developers once said.
>>
>>51947079
Reclamation wasn't even canonically possible in the Manual:Infernals. It was more of an "impossible unless the ST decided otherwise" kind of deal.
>>
>>51947144

But there's RotsE, which was basically the grand finale, wasn't it?
>>
>>51947151
And a grand trainwreck, yes.
>>
>>51947151
It was also not something that canonically happens/happened in the setting.
>>
>>51946970
>But Infernals are probably most powerful?
No? Holy likely would fuck Infernal up, no idea on how 1v1 E10 Infernal vs E10 Solar though
>>
>>51946882
>such as Abilities
laaaame. the charm structure was basically the whole point(doesn't have to be fluffed as the same charms)
>>51946928
>go the Abyssal route
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME
shitty boring goth luigi who is somehow still worse than the original(mechanical strength)
at least infernals were unique and fun, abyssals are trash

as for in universe reasons...initially I think it was mostly how infernals allow the yozi potential to grow and change again(huge deal to szonery for example) and how they act as a hedge against fetch death by having an external backup of their charms to rebuild from....but they errata'd that away for some reason
>>
>>51947688
>laaaame. the charm structure was basically the whole point(doesn't have to be fluffed as the same charms)
How the hell was it "the whole point"? That's nonsense. There is nothing inheently boring about Ability-based Charms. The way the Charms actually work and the way they are fluffed are what make or break them.
>>
>>51946970
Depends how you're measuring it. Infernals could be really, really strong in certain areas but were absolutely weaker than Solars in other areas. Their Charm Trees were also a bit more convoluted. A Solar who wants to be good at one thing can just choose to focus all of his experience into that one thing. Meanwhile an Infernal, by default, has to spend their experience points on doing a fair number of other things, simply because of how their Charm tree design works.
>>
>>51947810
Thing is, every Exalt and their brother uses Ability based Charmsets (Solars, Abyssals ,Dragon Blooded, Sidereal). At the very least the Infernal design process was different and interesting from what we would typically get. So Ability-based Charms aren't inherently boring, but anything that isn't Ability-based is going to stand out more and be more exciting simply because it's rather unusual.
>>
>>51947879
>Thing is, every Exalt and their brother uses Ability based Charmsets (Solars, Abyssals ,Dragon Blooded, Sidereal).
So? Solar Charms and Sidereal Charms are still different, and that is what matters. That they're both Ability-based is utterly irrelevant.
>>
>>51946928
>because the Infernals were less versatile and arguably less powerful than Solars in every way.
>You'd think that they would go the Abyssal route, but instead the Yozi go to all that trouble creating weaker knock-offs
It's like this:
Solar
>Kill skill: Perfect
>Others: Perfect
Death Knight
>Kill skill: Edgy Perfect
>Others: limited, only great at Nerotech
GSP
>Kill skill: Inhumanly Great
>Others: Narrowly Perfect
I'd argue that an end game E10 Infernal with enough prep ie creating 15 E9 3CD, 105 2CD, billions of 1CD and tons of Artifacts could potentially solo the Realm, the Guild and Yu-shan (assuming UCS still playing cosmos game) and murder all current named Exalted, think of what Ramethus did back when he decided to become super good at combat when his brothers and sisters just killed things with a fork.
>>
>>51947935
Things aren't necessarily as much fun when everyone uses the same system. Just look at 4th edition D&D. Sometimes having someone use a system that's a bit different from what everyone else uses is, itself, enjoyable even if it isn't mechanically advantageous.
>>
>>51947079
>Without it, the Infernals are acting solely out of spite, because the Yozis can never win.
And here we see one of the biggest issues with how hell and Infernals are perceived. Just say fuck the Yozi and focus on the Third Circle Demons. Sure, you can never free Malfeas, but so what? You can bring Ligier and all the others into Creation so they can rule over it. And that's who should be driving the Infernals, giving them missions and so on. Sure, they may claim that this is all part of some huge plan to free their overselves, but really they all just want to get out themselves.
>>
Anyone ever noted how E3 character creation summary has a passage that sounds like the abilities not choosen from caste abilities are forfeit for the purpose of choosing favorites?
>>
>>51950109
What?
>>
>>51950109
No, but I noticed that there is a passage that explicitly states that Abilities that *are*chosen as Caste Abilities can't also be favored Abilities.
>>
>>51951177
That's what I'm talking about, it written like all caste abilities, not just the chosen ones can't be taken as favorite
>>
>>51952065
No, it says that Abilities *chosen* as Caste Abilties can't be chosen as favored Abilities. This is immediately after a sentence that states taht you *choose* five Caste Abilities from the relevant list. That is, Caste Abilities are specifically the five ABilities you chose as such from your Caste's options.
>>
Thunderbolt Attack Prana can be used with Charms of other Abilities - does that also mean it can be used with Martial Arts?
>>
>>51952227

Yes.
>>
>>51952252
Neat
Too bad I'm playing an Infernal
>>
>>51947151

Which wasn't the reclamation. The ebon dragon betrayed(big surprise!) the reclamation and escaped by other means.

Anyway, the "problem" commonly associated with the reclamation is that it's too dire of a threat and, if it exists in the setting, will forcibly overshadow any othe problem.

That isn't the whole story though. The deathlords and abyssals dragging all of Creation into the abyss is just as dire, but no one wants the abyss erased from their lore.

The true problem, I think, is ambiguity. The thing the abyssals need to do to make the abyss swallow the world is kill fucking everything. Exterminate all life and the world will slip into the inky dark.

This means the abyss isn't, itself, a threat. It adds no danger above and beyond what the abyssal exalted themselves represent. The abyssals either kill everthing themselves, on their own merits, or fail.

The reclamation's terms and conditions were, on the other hand, only hinted at, and the hints suggested a much lower bar. Make life in (part of?) creation shitty enough so that it conceptually counts as hell? Nebulously "find a way"? These conditions set the bar much lower and therefore make the yozis potential playing pieces. They can potentially be let out before the fate of the world is already decided and force creations defenders to face both the Infernals AND their masters. The Infernals become a much more dangerous issue because they can call unstable backup in the third quarter.

In my opinion, what the reclamation needs, rather than simply being discarded, is some explicit, very very hard conditions that mean the Yozis can't be let out until after the Infernals have very thorougly won already. "no mortal in all of creation reveres the unconquered sun" as an off the top of my head suggestion. Make it so that the only ones relevant to the battle for the fate of creation are the exalted themselves.
>>
>>51953360

I mean the permanent destruction of Conky should def be a minimum requirement. I like the Reclamation. Obviously it should never actually happen as a game but it should still be a thing so Infernals can exist and do weird things that nebulously lead to it. Stuff like digging up old first age artifacts you can fight over and such. It's explicitly said to be ridiculously circuitious just to try and maybe get a loophole in Ted's prison. And Ted is OBVIOUSLY going to betray the reclamation anyway. I don't see how it forces all games to be Primordial War 2.0.
>>
>>51953360
I really would like the other splats to distance themselves from having an overarching splat goal. Solars don't beyond their own self-interest and their own goals. This prevents Solars from becoming samey outside of how they might accomplish those goals but we have 25 Abilities and a ton of Charms to choose from there's less chance of that happening.

The devs have mentioned that they're trying to shift the Abyssals away from being pigeonholed into Loyalist Abyssal or Renegade, both sides revolve around the will of their masters and their goal, not their own. An Abyssal who says fuck out I do what I want still has to deal with the fact that he stuck out the middle finger to the Deathlords and now they're gonna do something about it, the story becomes more about them, not the Exalted.

The Infernals should be treated the same way, they have the power, do whatever the hell you want with it, no overarching goal that will define you by either going with it or against it, just what you want to do.
>>
>>51947954
>devil tigers
>>
>>51955206
Yeah, the Deathlords will have more varied goals and desires than simply 'Kill everything.' Even in previous editions most Deathlords were obsessed over acquiring more power rather than the over-arching goal of the neverborn
>>
>>51956004
In my own games I've basically set it up that the Deathlords don't need the Abyssals to listen to them, obviously they would love to have such powerful servants help out their plans but ultimately the whole purpose of the Abyssals was to get some Exalted on Team Underworld. Just as Solars are natural to Creation and consider it their home team, Abyssals consider the Underworld their home team and will baseline fight for it barring a few exceptions.

And that's all the Deathlords really want, the continued existence of the Underworld so that they can stay around forever.
>>
>>51943650
off topic pedantry continued:
>Apparently it's a word in spanish though, but I'm not going to pretend it was the keikaku.

Magnifique is not a word in Spanish. The actual word is magnífico, which means the same thing and differs only in the last few letters, and has an accent on the i.
>>
>>51955952
>Have the option to become uber strong
>Can build world inside body
>Not taking it
>>
>>51956207
The the most special snowflake
>>
>>51956645
And Solar is the most Mary Sue for being perfect at everything if they spend xp?
>>
Has anyone managed to get either of the two chargen programs running? I think I asked in the other thread, but no one seemed to get anything concrete.
>>
does anyone have the screenshot of the terrible campaign story about a gm introducing 'the cosmic exalted'?
>>
File: how not to Exalted.png (236KB, 950x3087px) Image search: [Google]
how not to Exalted.png
236KB, 950x3087px
>>51957254
There doesn't seem to be any sort of executable.
>>51958028
Got it
>>
File: anime_girl_reaction_face (141).jpg (28KB, 423x317px) Image search: [Google]
anime_girl_reaction_face (141).jpg
28KB, 423x317px
>tfw will eventually run out of borges' books to plagiarize when I have 0% prepared material for a session

Save me. Who do you copy whenever you must improvise a session?
>>
>>51956115
have you checked latin?
>>
>>51956824
yes, that's their primary splat theme
>>
>>51958504

other games my players weren't around to witness.

it's doubly funnier if they know the person i plagiarized from and hated them too, then turn around and love when i do the exact same plotlines
>>
>>51958268

>There doesn't seem to be any sort of executable.

Yeah, no, that's the problem. Don't know how to get either Gradle or clojure working.
>>
>>51958504
have you tried lsd my nigga
>>
>>51913668

Dawns aren't especially great at Feat of Strength, because they can't take Athletics supernal. Zeniths and (bizarrely) Nights are better at Feats of Strength than Dawns, because the capstone strength ability is really powerful, and E5.
>>
>>51914747

As far as I'm aware the books still haven't shipped yet.
>>
Speaking of infernals, anybody have a familiar taming charm for them? And maybe a high essence deviltiger heretical upgrade to begin the process of them slowly growing into a behemoth you can finally properly play adorjan fetch with?
>>
>>51958551
I know Spanish, not Latin, but google translate says the equivalent in Latin is Magnificus ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>51958268

I've made a chargen webapp for my own group. I haven't touched it since our last Exalted game ended last year, but it's mostly complete, I think.

https://loom.webtelligence.com.au/?#/

It saves your characters in your browsers local files, so they're tied to the device you create them on. Was designed for mobile, to use at the table, so the UI's not the best for desktop - click gives information, press-and-hold edits.
>>
>>51959472
https://bring-back-the-light.obsidianportal.com/wikis/charms-of-the-all-father-devil-tiger

try here
>>
DOES ANYONE HAVE THAT ALCHEMICAL SMUT STORY THAT WAS POSTED HERE A WHILE BACK? THANK YOU
>>
>>51959600
>https://loom.webtelligence.com.au/?#/

Well, it has to be said that you've the only chargen system in the community. You ought to post it in OPP or link to it in the OP of future threads. That said, dots seem a bit small, which makes them difficult to select, and the drop down menu for choosing my caste doesn't seem to work.

You should keep iit updated.
>>
>>51959840
>You ought to post it in OPP

Considering it contains the fulltext of all charms, and good chunks of the book, that's not likely to go down well.

I should really look at making it suitable for desktop as well (original design was for mobile, which is why it's so small - I've compiled it to an Android app).

I'll have a look at the caste thing, but can't reproduce straight off the bat.

Hoping to have our gaming group kick off Exalted again, which should get me interested in updating it again.
>>
>>51959840
Is my google sheet not good enough for you anon?
>>
Without going into whether Half-Castes should exist or not, if I was to include Solar Half-Castes in a 3E game, what kinds of powers or advantages should they have? Giving them SOlar Charms would obviously be dumb, but would some kind of a watered-down Excellency that can add up to [Ability] dice be acceptable? Or should they just be remarkable mortals, with considerable natural talent (manifesting as high Abilities and Attributes) and a few appropriate Meris (such as Exalted Healing)?
>>
>>51960133

Honestly, excellencies are both boring, and bread-and-butter. They're what make Exalts so broadly superior to mortals. Don't give them excellencies.

I'd give them narrow, highly thematic abilities, on par with evocations or supernatural mutations.
>>
>>51959472
>familiar taming charm
>Branding Emerald Reins?
The ingenuity of the Green Sun Princes is endless, and has produced this Charm, which explores districts of power that Malfeas himself neglects. The Infernal may use this Charm to target any mount or vehicle he is riding, branding it with a Magnani-mous Warning Glyph to commemorate his dominance. The mount acquires an aura ofburning green; emerald sparks lap at its hooves, its hair and tail ignite with Malfeanfire, and flames snort from its nostrils and mouth. For the duration of this Charm,the Infernal may use Green Sun Nimbus Flare to enhance the mount’s own attacks, if the mount is an Essence-user, they may use their own motes to power that Charm.
All the normal restrictions on Green Sun Nimbus Flare (range, keywords, etc) still apply. Finally, the Infernal may use Skyfire-Seizing Repast to absorb energy-based attacks that strike the mount as though they were targeting him. Once this Charm ends, the mount shakes off its fiery mien and returns to normal, though mundane mounts also contract Green Sun Wasting.
>high essence deviltiger heretical upgrade to begin the process of them slowly growing into a behemoth
No idea on that, probably some homebrew Kimbery charm, I only got this
>Demon King’s Behemoth Get
The fruit of Malfeas’ titanic loins are terrible indeed. This Charm permanently enhances Children of Malfeas. Any child of the Infernal is a Creature of Darkness, and native of Malfeas, born with eight points of permanent mutations chosen from the By Rage Recast library of mutations (as it exists at the time of conception). As the child grows, so does its monstrous nature comes further to the fore; each year, on Calibration, the child acquires another mutation point, which must be spent as soon as possible on mutations from the library. This process only ends once the child has manifested every available mutation.
>>
>>51960133
You should give them a new charmset. I'd create something fairly low key. Make sure that if you do give them Charms that can add dice (whether Excellencies or otherwise) they can't add more dice than their permanent Essence (so 1-3 dice at most). Other than that, just give them some low end charms that evoke Solar themes.
>>
How important is artifact equipment to surviving and winning combat? Should an Exalted warrior always be dropping six merit dots at character creation on a giant anime sword and a suit of glitzy armor by default, or is it not a big deal if you don't?
>>
>>51956115
Wiktionary has lied to me once more
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/magnifiqu%C3%A9

>>51957254
No such luck for me; even the one that one anon compiled at some point didn't run

>>51959990
Personally I love it myself, but a chargen system is quite nifty, esp. for mobile

>>51961838
They're nice if only for nigh-unbreakable weapons
>>
>>51961838
Its objectively better than not having it except for those builds that don't allow you to use artifacts (certain brawlers, martial artists).

How important it is depends on how rare your ST makes artifact equipment, if most Exalted and other beings in your area don't have it, then its not essential. Eventually you will want a higher minimum damage, which artifacts give you lots of.
>>
>>51962292
>Its objectively better than not having it except for those builds that don't allow you to use artifacts (certain brawlers, martial artists).
Yeah, seems like it, it just seems sometimes a little hard to weave into the average solar's backstory. Though, I could see huge armies or T-rexes potentially competing for space, but I guess they probably scale badly unless you actively invest in the relevant ability's charms.
>>
>>51960133
This >>51960214
>supernatural mutations, highly thematic abilities
I'd agree with no Excellencies, or go the opposite route, the one 2E nearly used: making them impeccable physical specimen, but with very limited powers, highlighting the fact, while their parentage gives them an edge over mortals they are far from the awesome power their parents have.
Mutations are a nice way to highlight their otherness, especially for lunars, whom I'd have inherit a more subded version of their parents tell at all times.

Tl;dr go supernatural mutant with no to few powers or highly specialized, thematic powers
>>
>>51959898

Looking at the caste thing again, I can select it no problem on desktop, but the menu doesn't drop down on mobile.
>>
>>51947127
I much prefer that to the entire endgame is exalts versus exalts. Everyone gets an opposite exalt just because.
>demons
worthless
>fae
worthless
>anything weird and poweful
super snowflake exalt.

3e is garbage.I'd rather have yozi's back any day of the week than this.
>>
>>51941784
The Shintai thing might stay, but people didn't like the "Mind-Hand Manipulation is a crystal organ you grow in your brain" thing. I think customizable Shintais will definitely make it in in some shape because Devil-Tyrant Avatar Shintai was both an Ink Monkeys baby and something everybody took for the obvious reason that it rocked.

The original lore they previewed, Infernals ahead of a Reclamation 2.0 and Super-Akuma showdown, was panned pretty viciously. The devs were clear on not doing it given the reaction, but indicated they weren't sure at the moment what people DID want, and suggested a possible tentative of going back to Borgstrom's "the Yozis absolutely cannot get out" vision and making the Infernals more like daemon sultans through which Yozis live vicariously and try to settle old business, but again, that was tentative and probably too simple to survive.

We haven't AFAIK heard anything since then. I think Ability Infernals are still gonna stay but IDGAF as long as I still get Green Sun Nimbus Flare and Viridian Legend Exoskeleton.
>>
>>51941894
There really isn't a meta in the sense that 2E had. There are a ton of strong, viable options that sometimes rock-paper-scissor each other and sometimes it's just a tossup. The closest thing to winning by default is Stealth, either Stealth/Thrown or Stealth/Tiger/Ebon Shadow or Stealth/Anything really, but there are a few mechanisms in place designed to trip it up.

Melee, Brawl, Thrown, Archery, Resistance, Dodge, Stealth, Survival, most Martial Arts Styles, and to a lesser degree Awareness, Larceny, Ride, and War are all perfectly reasonable choices for an optimized Killfuck Soulshitter-type.

Medium weapons are generally the best, but light weapons are very good and heavy weapons aren't TERRIBLE. Evocations are a huge complication because a lot of players are going to use them to try and break something they want to do, and unfortunately the book Artifacts aren't great about preventing that mindset - there's a reaper daiklave that allows you to combine Full Defense and Aim, which is the kind of thing you can accidentally-on-purpose hang a whole Style or Charm line on.

Taking some sorcery and a way to generate sorcerous motes in combat is also probably worthwhile for everyone because of reflexive casting.
>>
>>51962292
>Its objectively better than not having it
Don't underestimate commitments. Thry're a very real cost to using artifacts.
>>
>>51963019
>>demons
>worthless
>>fae
>worthless
I'll take "conpletely unfounded bullshit" for 400.

I mean fuck, have you even looked at Octavian's stats?
>>
>in addition, between the three of us we now have the bandwidth/infrastructure to step in and assist projects, or entire game lines, get back on track. Or even onto a whole nother track that is better.
I’ll be writing more about those sorts of changes in the weeks to come as I let you in on some of the leaps forward we are making.

Is OPP finally taking steps to speed things up?
>>
>>51960133
>>>51959772
thanks
>>51960329
the second. I'd give them something like the 2e experienced merit without drawbacks(no age increase) and an extra favored ability or something small like that. less than lintha or godbloods
>>
How many Infernal homebrews are out now for 3E, and where can I find them? All this demon talk.
>>
>>51962970

I managed to open the drop down menu with some degree of difficulty, so it might just b my phone. Still though, consider replacing the menu there with something a bit more user friendly, maybe a window that shows a list of all the Exalts to choose from and then another for the caste.

Just want to reiterate, the attribute/ability dots are incredibly small, often causing me to select a dot next to the one I want. They ought to be doubled in size.
>>
>>51958763
You need the Java JDK installed (and Leiningen for Clojure), then you can build and run them from console. Anathema 3e seems to run fine if you use 'gradlew run' from the directory, but the version you get if you build an installer shows you the splash screen then closes. Anathema Reborn or whatever builds into a .jar that doesn't execute properly, and just sits around hogging memory.
>>
>>51963882
Actually, I still have the built versions of Anathema 3 about, so I can upload those somewhere if needed.
>>
>>51963904

Please do. Mediafire or mega are both good.
>>
>>51963918
https://mega.nz/#F!00ZyDLJJ!xxxhe_588qracOf7DSs3Pg
The .zip version's executable throws an error when I try to run it, because I have a version of Java later than 1.8.0 r066. This version of An3's supposed to be updated for r100+, though. Can still run the .jar directly, but that only shows splash before closing, as usual.
>>
>>51963965

Yeah, I'm getting the same problems. Thanks anyway. Did you ever get Anathema Reincarnated working? I could never figure out Clojure or Leningen.
>>
>>51960329
>Branding Emerald Reins
also do you have a source link for this tree? I searched google and only found people talking about it with a link to dead whitrwolf page
>>
File: infernalcharms.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
infernalcharms.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51964305
Here you go anon, that's one of my favorite because it allows you to become nuclear Ghost Rider when you take Demon Emperor Shintai
>>
>>51963726
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15BZMrBkO8j_-XZX5030Y0_GNrCvI9JRQhN_uXR-jjsQ/edit

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/782596-infernal-3e-beta-conversion
>>
>>51964366
thanks
>>
>>51964366
Are these homebrew or from the Infernal book?
>>
>>51964649
Those are from the whitewolf wikia before it died, some are from the books and some are homebrew, you can see the source at the end of each charms.
>>
>>51964695

Got anything for non-Infernals? Particularly SMA styles?
>>
>>51964717
SMA yes, but I don't have the pdf one and you don't want to read the txt one.
>>
I kinda love you guys.
>>
>>51964781
Stop spamming Tragic Love Amusement
>>
>>51964752

Post the text to pastebin and link to it.
>>
>>51964837
http://pastebin.com/jqKfFVRK
>>
What is the best charm tree and why is it golden years tarnished black?
>>
>>51965171
Verdant Emptiness Endowment > Golden Years Tarnished Black
>>
File: navex-sniper_mulan-s-sword.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
navex-sniper_mulan-s-sword.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
What are some cool powers for a magnetism sword?
>>
>>51967203
Once your Twilight invents the fridge, you can keep your sword on its door.
>>
>>51967203
-Make it harder for people with metal to approach/escape you. The more metal they have the stronger the effect. Most useful against heavily armored opponents
-Supplement your own movement towards/away from metal surfaces
-Assist/enhance disarm gambits
-Effects are magnified if your name is Erik Lensher tho at that point you wouldn't need the sword
>>
I'm planning to run an Exalted game for some of my friends, but I haven't paid attention to 3E for quite a while.

I have no doubts the system's at the very least workable, but does it have rules for Alchemicals yet, and if not, are there acceptable homebrews for them?

There's a non-zero probability of 2 or more of my players asking to play loli robots.
>>
>>51968116
>>
>>51968116
it won't have alchemicals for about 20 years. probably won't have anything but solars for another 3.

there is an alchemical homebrew here http://www.mediafire.com/download/8xz9yao6pym5h3p/Alchemical3eHomebrewVersion1.4.pdf

but I haven't had occasion to try it, there might be others but it's the one i know
>>
>>51968211
>>51968276
Thanks
Hopefully lolibot adventures go okay.
Any big whopping differences in setting that 3E introduced aside from new exalt types, or am I safe to just use my 2E knowledge for worldbuilding?
>>
>>51968291
imo 2e knowledge is superior to 3e where it seems to differ.

they took a machete to everything holden felt was too scifi and distracted from solars. ruined thaumaturgy for example.
>>
>>51968291
Some pretty big differences, yeah. There's too much to write it all out, so basically read this to get a feel for the kind of changes being made and figure out how things should work from there. http://avatarcomic.net/exalted-wiki/Exalted_3E:What_We_Know#3E_Setting

Basic summary: game is about myth and magic, not "sci-fi transhumanism", game is also about people with tremendous power doing things that people do rather than a giant cosmic Primordial tea party with five hundred impending apocalypses about to storm into Creation and make all your Game of Thrones shit completely meaningless.
>>
Have there been any leaks of the Charm Cards PDFs? Asking for, uh, entirely legal and legitimate reasons.
>>
>>51968463
Bit of a problem when I want to play a soviet magical aztec robot
>>
>>51969529
Autochthonia is different to the rest of the setting, but also no, not really. Soviet magical Aztec robots work just fine in a game that's focused around people and their drives.
>>
>>51968291
>Hopefully lolibot adventures go okay.

I'm reminded of some anon's Lolichthonia setting from a couple years ago. Hope everything works out for you though friendo.
>>
>>51969338

There are fan made charm cards on /r/exalted.

>>51969783

I don't recall that tread. What was it like?
>>
>>51969946
The premise was that, logically it should take fewer magical materials to create a child-sized Alchemical than an adult. As such, most Autocthonian natioms would choose to make child-Alchemicals and they would be the most common. Only rarely, when a nation has so much extra magical materials they can afford to "waste" them, would you see adult Alchemicals.

I can't remember much else off hand, but that concept seemed to make sense to me.
>>
Richard Thomas commented on the latest Monday.

Original Comment
Anthony Damiani:
"Is there any word on the Exalted line’s post-kickstarter books (Dragonblooded, Arms of the Chosen and The Realm)?"

Richard Thomas:
"Not now, but we’ll be saying some things about the EX3 roll out in the weeks to come. Stayed tuned!"
>>
>>51919652
>Prismatic Arrangement of Creation Style
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T4FTsSprLYd8KWXgE5Rr1x7C9_B6Ln5cnGN8HF7a3Vk/edit
>>
>>51940498
Try not playing with an ST that treats ambition 1 as an asshole genie.
>>
>>51970610

>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T4FTsSprLYd8KWXgE5Rr1x7C9_B6Ln5cnGN8HF7a3Vk/edit

That doc only has five charms in PAoC. They're all form charms, but there's only five of them.
>>
Wait there's homebrew out? Is there something workable for DBs or am I still in the cold? Lunars?
>>
>>51971078
I believe there is a (near) whole homebrew charmset for DBs. No idea on Lunars.
>>
>>51971124
You're gonna have to share that with me.
>>
>>51971078
http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/773992-homebrew-lunar-charms-for-3e

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/exalted/881714-a-clutch-of-dragons-hub-thread
>>
>>51963857

Ok; can reproduce the dropdown problem on mobile - it just seems to be exceptionally slow.

What device are you using?
>>
>>51959833

someone please post this. thank you.
>>
>>51971582

Alcatel PIXI running Android 6.0
>>
>>51968211

>version 1.0

Uh...

You may want to use the later version. 1.0 was broken as hell
>>
>>51959833

There are two I know of. Which one?
>>
File: 1460235747038.png (873KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460235747038.png
873KB, 1280x720px
>>51972533
Yes, please?
>>
>>51969529
Uhm there's a picture of Lissom Avid Engineer right in the corebook! Autocthonia and the locust crusade is still 3e canon, and if the line survives that long there will definitely be an autocthonia supplement. Holden Shearer wrote some of the best content on autocthonia actually!!!!!
>>
>>51972854

holden-like posting detected
>>
>>51972924
Whether I'm Holden or not, that's not the damn point. 3e isn't touching your giant robots or godmachines or friendly autocthons it's just going back to a 1e mileu where building a kingdom makes sense instead of every game being about dropkicking the motherfucking ebon dragon and the unconquered sun dies and cries super tears and you turn into the next UCS and beat up all the nocturnals and cosmic exalted and yozis
>>
>>51970731
that makes it fun
>>
>>51969587
not when them coming out of exile is one of those "Setting raping" things
>>
>>51972674

http://pastebin.com/wHfiNC3G

This probably isn't the latest version, but the one I had in my bookmarks anywho.
>>
>>51974104
Doesn't ambition just note the relative scale and potency of the miracle you're trying to achieve? I'd think, if anything, the impulse would be to give Ambition 3 workings the bigger drawbacks and crueler twists if and when the botches and finesse demand them, since you were asking for crazier stuff to start with.
>>
>>51974274
Yeah, pretty sure these posters got ambition and finesse mixed up.

A finesse 1 working will still always give you what you're aiming for, you just have less control over it. So if you make yourself male, you'll become male, you won't grow a cock out of your forehead or something.

But it might totally resculpt your appearance into the masculine, instead of just sticking a cock between your legs, for instance.
>>
>>51912144

Does anyone have a good clash based build for Melee. Chargen Dawn with Supernal, natch.
>>
>>51974763

fervent blow, paired light weapons or a heavy weapon for the +2 to clashes. RSS and ES for unbeatable accuracy, and HSP to fuck up your opponent. this beats everything besides an elder siddy using snake style + black claw. for a chance at beating that, check out miracles for all-sundering strike, which beats everything else hands down.
>>
>>51974863

>heavy weapon for the +2 to clashes

I keep hearing this, but I never understand. How doe +2 make heavy weapons good at clashes if it's only the equivalent of wielding a single medium weapon?
>>
>>51974863

(cont)

at e1, which you presumably are, your only real damage adder is going to be fire and stones strike. use that. on your action, wither, on your opponents, clash. if you crash your opponent, hungry tiger should pretty much slaughter them.

for group fights concern yourself with knowing which attacks to parry and which to clash. being reset to base can be dangerous. melee gets a lot of ways to break the combat system with extra actions: use them. 1w2b and peony should let you rack up high init when you need it to tank a withering attack. remember that losing a clash inflicts a defence penalty, so its very good to keep beating on the same guy after clashing him.
>>
>>51974863

Basically this. Your main vulnerability will be being run out of Willpower, but there's no way to stop that with a melee supernal at E1.

At E3, there's Spirit Tempering Practice in Integrity, and at E5, Unstoppable Magnus Approach in Lore.
>>
>>51974955

because fervent blow is decisive-only, and a heavy weapon is more accurate than a medium for decisive clashes. frankly you should house-rule the weapon types anyway, heavy weapons are unfortunately undertuned. either give them the medium weapon parry bonus or buff the acc and damage by 1, that fixes them iirc.
>>
>>51974982
Would I need to adjust medium weapons any? I feel like they would have no point if heavy weapons got those buffs.
>>
>>51975617

well, higher accuracy hits more. 1 higher accuracy is not only going to be functionally 1 more damage, on the rare occasion that it isnt, its actually (your entire post-soak damage pool) more damage because a heavy weapon would have missed. that and +1 parry means yes, theres still good reason to use a medium weapon.

giving heavy +1 parry instead of this doesnt make it better than medium either, it just makes it usable if a player wants to pick a weapon that isnt a light or medium weapon. you shouldnt be mechanically punished for playing Guts by having a weapon that is objectively and numerically worse.
>>
>>51974392
I'd say a good guideline when thinking about the possibe complications for a finesse 1 Working is that it still has to be worth it. If the Working succeeded, the player or his character shouldn't have to regret it.
>>
>>51976718

good guideline. as a player, id decide finesse based on how important it is that something works exactly as i want, or how much i think the ST might fuck with what i asked for. some people are pushovers and will give you a working that does exactly what you ask at finesse 1, some will act like a smug genie and say ah, you wanted a spirit that guards you? its a big wall that follows you everywhere, enjoy.
>>
>>51959600
Doesn't work for me on my PC, and I tried both Pale Moon (a Firefox fork) and Internet Explorer. I can't alter the values of the fields (e.g. to give my character a Caste or increase the number of dots in an Attribute or ability); when I click on one, it just pops up with a window that explains what it does.
>>
>>51978925
Click and Hold. It's meant for mobile so think mobile.
>>
>>51970580
>Not now, but we’ll be saying some things about the EX3 roll out in the weeks to come. Stayed tuned!
>We decide that we don't like what we have done for the DB book so gotta do it all over again! Also please fund another kickstarter project for us.
>>
File: 1465823033797.jpg (56KB, 364x483px) Image search: [Google]
1465823033797.jpg
56KB, 364x483px
>>51974194
My man.
>>
File: 1470141499195.jpg (100KB, 1059x750px) Image search: [Google]
1470141499195.jpg
100KB, 1059x750px
>>51959600
A bit unresponsive on my 1+3, takes maybe 5 or 6 seconds for the stuff to pop up when holding down
>>
File: 1458100887579.png (159KB, 332x221px) Image search: [Google]
1458100887579.png
159KB, 332x221px
>>51959990
>>
I think I got a demon pregnant. Am I gonna get in trouble?
>>
>>51980591

What demon? What were the circumstances?
>>
The loss of the forums and wiki without a proper backup of either(and is it me or is the halfassed forum backup now also lost without a backup?) is infuriating.
Googling questions I find people keep mentioning things like online errata with dead links. do these rulings still exist anywhere? (are they in the scroll of errata? or was a dev just answering questions on the forum?)

example: https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?528764-Exalted-Redeemed-Abyssals&p=12574412#post12574412
>>
>>51980606
I don't know much about demons, but she said her name was Erembour.
>>
>>51980591
you're gonna get a godblood heroic mortal after you for being a deadbeat dad after you just shrugged and banished the mother rather than deal with this.(such is the solar way)
>>
>>51980619

Erembour, eh? What were the events that led up to you knocking up one of a third circle demon and component soul of the Ebon Dragon?
>>
>>51980619
It might be a devious plan, or it might just lead to what>>51980625 says. Erembour is kind of horrifying but not really actively malicious towards the Creation.
>>
>>51980591
>>51980619
>knocking up a demon
Well that isn't such a big pro-
>Erembour
You are fucked son. You just fucked a third circle soul of The ¨goddamn¨ Ebon Dragon. You literally knocked a piece of the physical embodiement of opposition, trickery and being a douche up. The guy that defines himself by opposing your patron. Please, more circumstances are needed.
>>
>>51982195
Even assuming that it is a strictly canonical version of the 2E Ebby we're talking about, none of his souls embody the entirety of his being. Erembour, for instance, is basically just about loving the night and things of the night. Sure, things of the night involve things like murderers who do their deeds under cover of darkness, but Erembour doesn't love the night because it gives ample opportunity for wicked deeds, she loves wicked deeds because and if they take place at night. She also loves other thing associated with night, like, say lovers and their nocturnal trysts, and there are no ulterior motived or nefarious plans behind this love.
>>
>>51972986
Though, wrestling what amounts to hooligan gods into submission was fun and 5+, sadly I can't underline the +, leaves the door open for those who want that.
>>
>>51982319
Yup, but she's still part of the ebon dragon and assuming yozis can still assume direct control over their component souls if they so choose, or even just assuming there is ANY reason for her to do this means troubble. Always. You are not a nice person if you come from hell and mostly only your own powers and obeying your superiors matters. this goes for all demons.
>>
>>51982428
>Ebon dragon assumes direct control
>seduce the adversary!
>>
>>51982428
>Yup, but she's still part of the ebon dragon
Sure, but she is specifically a *part* of Ebon Dragon, and a part by itself can be something very different from the whole thing. Like, look at Jacint. He is a part of Adorjan. He builds roads. He doesn't kill shit, he doesn't try to free people from their attachments, he doesn't hate noise, he has nothing to do with wind. He just builds roads.

>assuming yozis can still assume direct control over their component souls if they so choose
To be honest, I plain forgot about that. Mostly because I really don't like that piece of fluff and jdon't use it in my games. It's true that if that's possible, having any dealings with Ebon Dragon's component souls will mean trouble.

>or even just assuming there is ANY reason for her to do this
Yeah, but is there any reason for her to do it? That's the question.

>You are not a nice person if you come from hell and mostly only your own powers and obeying your superiors matters. this goes for all demons.
There are no human demons, but other than that, there are all kinds of demons. Malevolent, benevolent, honorable (in an alien way), compassionate (also in an alien way), sadistic, masochistic, honest, deceitful, whatever quality you can think of, it most likely applies to at least one demon or demonic species.
>>
>>51982592
It is an aeons old being we are talking about, she HAS a reason and that's what I fear.

Look at Erembours component Souls, Makarios and Alveua. She means troubble by defnition.
>>
File: 1483612216685.gif (14KB, 700x300px) Image search: [Google]
1483612216685.gif
14KB, 700x300px
>>51982592
>compassionate (also in an alien way)
I've never gotten the whole Love is Pain thing.
>>
>>51982786
Gotta thank the silent wind for that.
>>
>>51982879
The Elevator Fart.
Silent, but deadly.
>>
>>51982657
Makarios is a merchant. The payment he requires is pretty creepy and he is unscrupulous in that he doesn't really care where the payment comes form. He is still an honest merchant who makes fair deals and keeps them. He doesn't try to screw over his customers, and if you end up having a converstaion with him putside of business dealings, he most likely won't be plotting to corrupt you or anything. As for Alveua, she forges people into things, which is totally evil, only she does it to people who give themselves to her, and the things she makes tend to further and protect the goals and loved ones of the person they were made from. Those two are hardly amongst the most malevolent or troublesome demons. You'd have had a stronger argument if you'd mentioned Mara, but of course Mara is only one of Erembour's souls.
>>
>>51982899
Should I ever meet her, I'll cal Adorjan the Elevator Fart.
>>
>>51982917
Ah yes, the honest merchant who doesn't tell you trading your dreams means sanity and, if you are less than exalted, your life, the child that forges people into objects that protect their intimacy and always the yozi and would like to do that last thing to every god and mortal so they'd be free again and Mara whose defining intimacy is ¨I TAKE PLEASURE IN DEATH AND SUFFERING.¨
Erembour has got to be nice.
>>
>>51983077
>Ah yes, the honest merchant who doesn't tell you trading your dreams means sanity and, if you are less than exalted, your life
No writeup of Makarios has ever implied that he tries to mislead anyone about the nature of his payment. His writeup in GoD rather implies that it is generally know by those who deal with him. At least that's what I get from "Only a few bear this burden willingly, in exchange for considerations. The rest are branded by their owners or their enemies." Some bear his brand willingly, some unwillingly, but there is no mention of people bearing it without knowing what they've gotten into. So yes, he is an honest merchant, and someone who can be traded with without having to fear deception or betrayal. And yes, Alveua sure would like to free the ozis and make the world the way she thinks it should be. She still forges willing people into things that serve the aims of those people. Mara is Mara, and something of a 'traditional' demon amongst Exalted's alien-demons. She is also one amongst Erembour's seven souls, and no more indicative of her true nature than any of the others.

The real point I should be making, though, is that there is no need to speculate about Erembour's personality based on her 2CDs, because she has her own writeups in the two previous editions. We *know* that she loves the night, favors the things of the night and wants to celebrate the darkness, and has no grand goals beyond that. That's the core of her personality. When Erembour "shows favor to lovers who keep their trysts in darkness", this is not to serve some evil demonic plan, it's just that darkness is great and things done in darkness are great and people who apparently get this please Erembour. Again, she also favors theft and murder as long as they're done at night, so she is hardly nice from a human perspective. She's not malevolent, is all. She's generally not working to get revenge on the Exalted or punish the Creation or anything like that.
>>
lol at how sanctimonious 3e devs are about shitting on 2e when the inkmonkey charms they were responsible for were half the problem, between the powercreep and the lore adding
>>
>>51983341
Oh, and another point regarding to 2CDs: they don't represent or define the personality traits of 3CDs the same way 3CDs represent and define those of the Yozis. They define a 3CDs ability to protect, gratify, define, communicate, express, reflect and understand her own essential nature". Obviously the personalities of 2CDs still show signs of the themes of their greater self or whatever the term should be, but that relationship isn't as clear and straightforward as that bewteen 3CDs and Yozis. The things Makarios wants, for instance, aren't necessarily things some part of Erembour wants. It's more about Makarios being Erembour's Warden Souls saying something about Erembour's ability to protect her essential nature. Makarios being a merchant first and foremost might imply that Erembour protects herself by charm or by mutually beneficial arrangements rather than force, or something along those lines.
>>
File: 1458862762112.jpg (282KB, 895x1192px) Image search: [Google]
1458862762112.jpg
282KB, 895x1192px
Yozihcton still best Primordial
>>
I still wish we could have gotten some more Isidoros.
>>
>>51983605

The new paradigm for Infernal charms will make it easy to implement. I imagine that he'll be the guy for Feats of Strength, easily.
>>
>>51983631
Great, but I meant, like, more demons.
>>
File: 1461991537790.png (309KB, 550x1099px) Image search: [Google]
1461991537790.png
309KB, 550x1099px
>>51983631
Ugh Infernal ability charms
>>
>>51983870

Yeah, I know. I thought so too at first, but it'll allow us to explore more than a handful of Yozi this time.
>>
>>51983349

Also making 2e usable.

Unless you are fine with 2e Sidereals and Dragonblooded as they were before.

If so then you're completely brain damaged.
>>
>>51984856
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.