[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 342
Thread images: 45

File: Azami, Lady of Scrolls.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Azami, Lady of Scrolls.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
Old Thread:
>>51875383

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread Question:
What commander do you love to play but hate to play against?
>>
>>51904179
I don't know about busted but green eldrazi would be very strong. Blue nukozilek control would be very fun.
>>
>>51904179
Probably, yeah. Azusa eldrazis is a deck, afterall. Just keep the identity rules as is, it would be a bad idea anyway, just like that one youtube faggot who thinks that Mox Opal and Mox Ruby should be unbanned but only for monocoloured decks.
>>
>>51904349
>Thread Question
I've never seen the same commander between two different people in my meta, it's a pretty big meta. That said, the most unfun I've ever played in that meta was a Derevi turbofog deck. Turbofog's fine, but it doesn't do anything if you don't attack your opponent.
>>
File: Ghave, Guru of Spores_CMD.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Ghave, Guru of Spores_CMD.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
>>51904349
>What commander you love to play but hate to play against?
Probably Ghave, because every deck I've played against have seemed to be absolutely shafted in terms of deckbuilding. The people seem to be going for weird ass builds with no synergy in between cards outside of few cards that interact somehow with tokens or saprolings.
That said, I run him as spikey combo deck.

Other than him, he's pretty much only commander I play that someone else has played against me, although there is also Gitfrog, Thelon and Derevi. I don't even run that many underplayed commanders
>>
>>51904349
>What commander do you love to play but hate to play against?
Yidris
The turns, they are so long
>>
>>51904487
>Mox Opal being banned
You gave me a small heart attack before I checked to ensure you mispoke, nigger
>>
File: 1484457824521.png (437KB, 1039x887px) Image search: [Google]
1484457824521.png
437KB, 1039x887px
>>51904487
The youtube guy sounds like a fucking retard going beyond the call of duty
>>
help with a deck build? my only thoughts in putting the list together were esper and shit that sounded funny

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-02-17-esper-deck/
>>
Chinamen just came through, what do I build with my newly acquired Pact, Force and Consecrated Sphinx?
>>
>>51905493
Baral.
>>
File: Borborygmos-MtG-Art.jpg (84KB, 960x700px) Image search: [Google]
Borborygmos-MtG-Art.jpg
84KB, 960x700px
What have people's experiences been with land focused commanders? I've been thinking about building a deck that abuses lands in some way but am having trouble settling on a choice. I initially thought I'd do either Omnath, locus of rage or Borborygmos enraged, but then cards like the gitrog frog and knight of the reliquary look appealing too. I toyed with the idea of dune-brood colors or going full retard with five colors but I'm guessing that won't be as good as staying more focused on less colors.
>>
>>51905499
He is awful.
>>
>>51905493
where can I get based chinaman fakes? asking for a friend
>>
>>51904487
Green kozi would be great, I would love all the additional ramp and the ability to deal with enchantments and artifacts more.
>>
>>51905520
Omnath, Locus of Rage is a very good lands commander. 5/5s that cast lightning bolt when they die is excellent. The only time Omnath is bad is when the builder is stupid, like one guy at my LGS who made an omnath deck with two ramp spells and a bunch of vanilla fatties for no apparent reason.

>>51905529
Fuck, man, I dunno. I'm just trying to suggest new cards. Feel free to play Azami combo instead, if that's more your thing.
>>
File: 1456584384227.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1456584384227.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>51904349
> What commander do you love to play but hate to play against?

Oloro
My group hug/group slug deck for him is awesome bribing back stabbing fun but placing against him (or any Esper commander) is just oppressive levels of control

(Yes I'm well aware i'm a hypocrite)
>>
>>51905520
In multiplayer it will get you focused like hell for having the msot land but as long as your able to resist the urge to dump your hand as soon as possible you'll be fine

expect to get attack a lot though

>>51905591
This man is right with Omnath Locus of Rage
>>
>>51905582
You really don't need additional ramp besides colorless, colorless ramp is far stronger and faster than green ramp could ever be, it's just more vulnerable. Asuza works because she's cheap and repeatable, but green ramp spells generally suck when you're only trying to play colorless creatures.

Really, the only color that's any good at the helm of an eldrazi deck (besides asuza) is blue for the card draw. Jin-Gitaxias does a great job (and is hilarious to drop turn 3).
>>
File: mT6PMHIDWR_icon.jpg (319KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
mT6PMHIDWR_icon.jpg
319KB, 768x432px
>>51905493
Leovold for smug
>>
What's the best commander for birb tribal?
>>
>>51905812
Sen triplets, play your opponents birds. Also in the lore they raise etherium chickens to feed espers starving masses.
>>
>>51905864
Unglued Chicken Tribal
>>
Pre-Alpha version

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/chance-encounter-4/

this will be bad.
>>
>>51905562
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/bootlegmtg/comments/4byodf/villa_zheng_on_aliexpress only thing I found when i looked him up.
>>
File: genju.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
genju.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
My playgroup is gonna let me run pic related as a commander. How do I build for this thing?
>>
File: test.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
Is it dickish to use the "if you're at 40/50 life in the beginning of your upkeep, you win lmao" cards in a durdly controlly lifegain deck? I don't have that many other ways of winning so I figured it'd be fine.

But then again it's not fun when I hit a god hand and can cast a felidar sovereign on turn 3 or something. I usually just don't cast it that early even if i can because it just seems dickish, but how do you guys feel about the subject?
>>
>>51906194
Tons of ramp and pillows
>>
>>51906194
Voltron assuming they count damage from the land as commander damage and lots of ramp to replace lands that get got
>>
>>51906208
depends on the playgroup.
>>
>>51906326
i haven't played it in my real playgroup but the peeps on xmage seem to get a bit mad whenever i throw one out, like it's on the level of infinite combo. but then it tends to get removed anyway. i don't know how my irl group would react

it would be my 5th deck though, so i wouldn't be memeing with those spells all the time. i could also just "scoop" witth the trigger on the stack if it doesn't get removed, like if the board state is otherwise especially interesting
>>
>>51905520
Titania is fucking wild and it's so much fun. My friend let me use his deck and I've been enamored with it ever since. Only downside is I can't use the same Valakut package that I use in Wort
>>
File: 292.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
292.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
Thoughts on this card? I was looking at putting Teeg Hatebears together and this looked solid
>>
I'm thinking of making an Azorius themed commander deck, are there any preconstructed/intro packs I should try to pick up? Or should I just buy individual cards?
>>
>>51906558
don't buy a precon unless you're certain you're playing against other precons or similarly bad decks

buy singles

uw is pretty strong in edh, especially stuff like flicker and stax

godspeed
>>
>>51906573
I'm pretty sure his question was "are there specific Azorius precons I should buy for this purpose, or is it easier to just buy all the singles one at a time"
>>
Is it fine to use Reservoir instead of Walking Ballista for my Arcum Daggson? Staff of Domination gains life too, and ballista is kinda expensive right now.
>>
File: IMG_8222.jpg (134KB, 1265x920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8222.jpg
134KB, 1265x920px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/zurgos-weapons-of-mass-destruction-1/

So I think I want to add in some more tutoring effects, and the cards I'm looking at are stonehewer giant and liliana vess. But I already have a decent amount of 5 drops and I'm not sure what I would take out for the two of them, or if they're really necessary
>>
building Sasaya becase god damn my cards suck and i'm poor as fuck
>>
>>51906385
I would say Blind Obedience/Thalia 2.0 might be better since it only affects oppopnents
>>
>>51906584
This, but in the end I'm not surprised to hear precons are useless. Odds are I can buy all the stuff I need for less than the price of one of those things.
>>
>>51906609
Yeah, the precons very rarely have internal value exceeding their MSRP, so its' cheaper to just buy the singles. Especially since the precons are gonna have duplicates that are useless to you.
>>
>>51906587
yeah dog, always wait for expensive standard cards to tank or rotate
>>
>>51906587
My dude, absolutely. I waited for Hangarback Walker to rotate out and now it's nearly worthless.
>>
>>51906652
>>51906692
Ok, thanks. I still don't get why it's the standard wincon of the deck, since you can even search for it with Arcum, and it's not a creature. At least now I can wreck nerds with 3 Arcum activations
>>
>>51905562
Aliexpress obviously.
>>
>>51906692
I just picked up Hangarback for my Vorel EDH. Fucking godlike card, so easy to abuse, and in my meta, tons of boardwipes means hes going to get busy quick.
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (119KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
119KB, 223x311px
Any advice for how to make a deck with this guy as a commander? I already have a bunch of white angel cards sitting around from old white/red decks.
>>
>>51906608
Although the card he posted has the advantage of costing one mana. In a christmas scenario, it'll work wonders being casted as the 1st player in the 1st turn.
>>51906385
I think it's ok if you want to have multiple copies of cards with the same ability. But keep in mind it also affects you so be careful. If you already have experience using cards like winter orb, then i would definitely add it.
>>
>>51906924
>white angel cards
Fuck dude just concede every game on advance.
>>
>>51906924
Voltron? Skies tokens? Mother May I?
>>
>>51906924
>>51907028
Does damage from Traft's angel waifu count as commander damage?
>>
>>51907053
No.
>>
File: 1326696342864.jpg (31KB, 240x364px) Image search: [Google]
1326696342864.jpg
31KB, 240x364px
>build Zurgo Headhunter
>making people unreasonably salty
This is so much fun.
>>
File: 6.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>51903762

Eldrazi?
pssh kid, play a real man's colorless deck.
OG Kozilek is almost as good, and newlamog is good too. Oldmog, Newzilek, and Newmrakul are varying levels of trash. Hope is ok.
>>
>>51906924
Sea Monsters

Good flavor there
>>
>>51907245
this is such a dumb meme but I can't get mad at it
>>
File: Image.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
I have a big commander tournament tomorrow please help what is good for this commander
>>
>>51907385
The punchline was good but your joke needed some buildup.
>>
>>51907385
google
edhrec if that fails you
>>
I just double sleeved my deck, and now it doesn't fit in my old deckbox. Any recommendations? I want something solid, like a Satin tower.
>>
>>51907412
>>51907415
Lol I have a shit ton of counter spells
>>
>>51907446
then get one
>>
>>51906924
angels and tokens, assloads of flying, ETB abuse, crouching Geist hidden Brago, control with beatsticks

Having some real trouble figuring out what my next step(s) are with EDH deckbuilding. Additionally, the LGS in my town is closing down this weekend, so I'm wondering if I'll actually want to take any of these steps anyway.

The options in general are as follows:
1. Build more decks. I've got a fuckton of commanders and a few directions it can go, especially after picking up some Partners from the LGS.
2. Build more decks, but cut old decks at a 2:1, 1:1, or 1:2 rate. I've got 13 of the fuckers, my resources are spread really fucking thin. If I cut the weaker decks, I can probably salvage a few good cards out of them for the new builds, especially if I'm cutting two for every new brew, but I built those decks for a reason, even if they are pretty weak. Some of those commanders are still fun, even at a bottom-of-the-barrel power level.
3. Cut decks before building anything. The one I'm least motivated overall to do, but it could work out for the better- I'd get to look at my card pool more than my potential commanders.

As for those commanders...
>>
>>51906608
Frozen AEther as well.
>>
>>51907446
Are double sleeves just... two sleeves or is it a specific sleeve?
What's wrong with single sleeves?
>>
File: gravepact0.jpg (286KB, 1500x1082px) Image search: [Google]
gravepact0.jpg
286KB, 1500x1082px
>order an 8th edition grave pact from tcgplayer
>receive it today but its stronghold art

Gonna send it back and report the issuue, has anyone else had a similar problem?
>>
If i wanna play UG or UGx colour combination, what commander would be the most fun "Midrange" kind of style?
>>
File: 48496336_p3.png (3MB, 1000x6120px) Image search: [Google]
48496336_p3.png
3MB, 1000x6120px
>>51907487
Ignore the "Brewing" section for now.

Decks that are likely to come apart if that happens:
Zurgo:
>Not because I don't want to run him, but because I want some time to rebuild the deck around a different theme. Chaos, damage-doubling, and vehicles, it's not that great but no one expects to eat 12 off of a vehicle after board wiping because Zurgo was in the hand.

>Mimeoplasm
I haven't even looked at this deck in so long. One of my first, has a lot of good stuff, heavy UG... I dunno. I still really love the Mime, but he's just not doing it for me anymore.

>Hixus
He's only around for being monowhite. I could absorb him into a deck that contains white instead.

As for my potential commanders, well. I've got plenty. For now, I'll just talk about the Partners, as they're my most recent purchase.

Tana, Sidar, Tymna, Ludevic, Reyhan, Ikra. Of those, the combos I'm thinking on:
Tana + Sidar : Basic strategy, probably one of the better pairs. Naya weenies and tokens, plus a few big beatsticks thrown in here and there to stabilize when neither commander is up.
Sidar + Tymna : I really want an Abzan commander deck, and this one seems pretty good.
Tana + Reyhan: The one I originally thought to make during spoiler season, and Jund is another really good place for a Partner deck instead of a traditional commander, but I have Sidar so there's better options.
Ikra + Tymna: Life gain, life loss. Ikra might actually be a bit bad, but I still picked her up for completionist's sake.
Ikra + Sidar. Big budget butts.
>>
>>51907446
Satin tower is good, if you want something solid get that. It's beefier than all the fabric ones (like the faux leather ultra pros or ultimate guards, the fabric is just covering cardboard). And I like them better than the ultimate guard monolith, which is it's closest competition.

Past that you can look around for Kickstarter or small companies, I know there are some that do metal and wood, but expect to pay $40+ for a box then.

Anybody want to tell me what I should take out of my marchesa deck ( http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/10-10-16-marchesa-the-black-rose/# ) to make room for Jokulhaups?

My group was very against land destruction, (they still might be, but mass land destruction is happening every other game now so I might as well get in that party bus too)
>>
>>51907721
Black border > white border anyway
>>
>>51907721
Nah. Where'd you buy from?

Black border at all times anyway, unless it was never printed in black border
>>
>>51907770
What is it that bothers people about white bordered cards? It is some kind of retard thing?
>>
>>51907672
Look up perfect fits, there are special sleeves made for this purpose. They are good because if you are walking around with a $2k deck, you don't want it ruined when some jackass spills a drink. They also stop dirt and dust from getting at the top of your cards.

It's not that ridiculous compared to quadruple sleeving.
>>
>>51907802
It's like wearing mismatched socks
>>
>>51907802
Personally I like all black borders except for my ABUR duals so I can find them quickly when I crack a fetch. Other than that white borders are ugly compared to black borders, and every white border card is a reprint, and so should inherently be less valuable.
>>
>>51907801
ChannelFireball through tcgplayer. I just liked the 8th edition art more

>>51907811
So it bothers retards.
>>
>>51907840
If by retard you mean anyone with an iota of aesthetic taste than ye
>>
>>51907977
If you get bothered because of the card being white bordered rather than any errata on the card, yes you are retard.
>>
So what's the best way to convince your friends to not bring decks that cost thousands of dollars to your kitchen table?

Mono decks only? Commons only (with the exception of the commander)?
>>
>>51908098
Everyone knows what Grave Pact does not to mention there were 4 other printings in black-border and with errata
>>
>>51908142
Have you tried asking them?
>>
>>51908162
>everyone knows what Grave Pact does

Guy in my group who has been playing since 2005 still asks what naturalize does when its played
>>
File: 1362468021961.png (173KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1362468021961.png
173KB, 640x400px
>Godo deck gets untouched for 6 full turns
>people get salty when I start one-shotting with an 11/11 unblockable double strike trampler

Niggas always sleep on mono-red
>>
>>51908163
That won't work. Almost all of them have pseudo-competitive personalities. If they suspect something is up, they'll start bitching. I can't outright say "don't bring that deck again" to any of them (despite some of their cards being genuinely unfun to play against) because they'd assume I'm playing favorites. Instead, I'd rather house rule something to keep everyone around the same power level.

It's that or I start allowing proxies and the moment I do that EDH will be dead to me.
>>
>>51908228
>>51908228
>Almost all of them have pseudo-competitive personalities
Read: "my group is full of autist Spikes"

Fuck them. Set limits.
>>
>>51908253
Refer to >>51908142
>>
>>51906710
>At least now I can wreck nerds with 3 Arcum activations
You could do that before with Disk + Forge + Lattice
>>
>>51908253
Start with a price limit. You're dealing with autistic spikes, so make sure it's themed competitively. If you do it right, not only can you get them all to start shaving off the power, you'll be able to convince them that a personal banlist is actually smart.

Assuming they're not full-blown autists, which might be a bit of an assumption.
>>
>>51907672
Water can get in through the top. Idouble sleeve my main deck and milk got spilled on it without having a single card get damaged.
>>
Is Ixidron an asshole card?
>>
File: received_10154517945473650.jpg (17KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
received_10154517945473650.jpg
17KB, 480x640px
Okay ladies
I'm pretty happy with how this deck looks and I'm really excited to test it out and play it
I can definitely see it needing some more work but for right now, I really want to add Recruiter, what should I cut?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/25-02-17-captain-sisay/
>>
>>51908494
I ran Ixidron in my Kami of the Crescent Moon Eldrazi deck. Never felt like casting it but then some retard wanted to run Oath of Druids and the first thing I flipped was Ixidron. Next turn hit Ulamog and that's how the game ended.

Moral of the story is only retards get fucked by Ixidron.
>>
>>51908504
Fuck you, i want a sisay deck

But, i feel like you're too spread out, what's the point of those midrange minions?
Also no gaea's cradle? Or elesh norn to kill lands with kamahl or that other enchantment?
>>
>>51908142
>>51908314
I am going to say right off that price isnt the problem, and if you think it is you are being retarded. Especially because EDH has close to 0 impact on the price of a card compared to other formats.

Second off most of the overwhelmingly broken shit is dirt cheap. When you ban pricy shit you hurt people that want to run Angus McKenzie much more than you hurt people that run Doomsday. Finally you have to deal with the fact that PRICES ARENT FIXED. What are you going to do, have people dismantle decks when a cards value because it becomes a staple in modern after someone finds a combo? What about busted cards that get banned in another format (dropping the price), is it suddenly OK to run them now even if nothing changed for EDH? If somebody gets a good deal on a card worth 10x more can they play it? And finally who determines the value of a card in the first place?

If you can't build a cheap competitive deck (it's pretty easy to do, almost all competitive win cons are cheap, it's manabases that get expensive. Yisan is a good example of a dirt cheap very competitive deck). Then maybe you should convince everyone to build tribal. Other than wizard tribal all of them are weak and combat based, and you can probably get the type of play you want even if some guy can afford cavern of souls.
>>
>>51908494
No, its a bad blue boardwipe.
>>
>>51908602
I kinda like it because it can mess with peoples commanders and things out of there yard for an extra turn or two. only time it is real bad is against flicker effects
>>
>>51908641
I just try turn them into a land or bounce them.
>>
>>51906924
Less powerful Narset with more focus on control
>>
>>51908550
Well my group isn't really too competitive at all so I don't wanna go full cocksucker
Even though I probably should
Elesh Norn is probably going to go in eventually but right now the one I have is in a B/W EDH deck
Also, Gaia's Cradle is too expensive for me to splurge at this point in time so I'm a little hesitant
>>
File: 1364382973742.jpg (43KB, 279x327px) Image search: [Google]
1364382973742.jpg
43KB, 279x327px
>Purph player completely misunderstands Mogg Infestation
>thinks it blows up anyone's creatures and he gets twice that many tokens
>gets mad when I tell him he's an illiterate retard who doesn't know what his cards do
>>
>>51908228
Why not just tell them that their power levels are off? They're probably playing some Tier 2+ dude with tuned decks. Tell us your meta
>>
File: godz.png (565KB, 1238x500px) Image search: [Google]
godz.png
565KB, 1238x500px
Who you going to build edhg?
>>
>>51908695
Did you pull up the oracle text?
>>
>>51908727
Doesn't like, everyone think they're going to be shards?
>>
>>51908727
Mardu or Jeskai

Going fast and smashing shit is my bread and butter
>>
So I know what they are, but what does abur stand for in the abur duals?
>>
>>51908727
>Wedges again
No thanks

Cat- Naya
Snek- Bant
Croco- Jund
Jackal- Grixis
Ibis- Esper
>>
>>51908762
Alpha/Beta/Unlimited/Revised I think
>>
>>51908776
>snake
>bant
>>
>>51908727
>Wedges
>Within a decade of Khans
No. Fuck no. For fuck's sake, there's even a Grixis-colored card in Aether Revolt. And it straight up mechanically references Bolas. We're getting chards.

With that said, I'll have to see what their abilities are.
>>
>>51908803
They can shift the centered color on the shards like they did in Khans to the Invasion wedges. Bant being the green-centered one, and Naya being the White-centered.
>>
>>51905087
>>51905272
If I recall, it was Roxaboxen or something and not even Desolator. His wants for banlist additions and removes were fucking stupid. Worst of all, the dude sounds exactly like Desolator, like the both are constantly in middle of flu or cold or something.
>>
>>51906194
On thumbnail the card looked like that Simic bald guy that tutors creatures.
Anyway, build a Lands deck, it would be great.
>>
>>51907620
>Blue card for Gaddock Teeg
>>
>>51907802
>>51907721
I understand your pain. The 8th edition has the best art of Grave Pacts and I would kill for a foil version. Sadly the foil costs like 100 euros.
Also it's black bordered too, although I don't have any issues with white borders.
>>
>>51908228
Well if your group wants to go that way and you don't, you have 2 options.
1. Adjust.
2. Find another group
>>
>>51908314
>cries about people having fun
>somehow the others are the autists
I have bad news for you timmy
>>
>>51909385
>implying any Spike contains a scrap of fun
>implying Spikes are capable of enjoying janky fun bullshit instead of slamming down cards and mumbling about how strong their netdeck is
>>
>>51909446
Fuck off.
>>
>>51909446
I run a consistent Ghave combo deck which I enjoy playing, but I also enjoy T&L storm and other non-spike stuff. Just because you're autist and bumble constantly into "muh casual format", doesn't mean that spikes can't have fun or play with less competitive decks.
Besides, I think it's fun to play with competitive deck against someone with the same power level as me.
>>
File: 10241910.jpg (12KB, 248x336px) Image search: [Google]
10241910.jpg
12KB, 248x336px
>>51909446
>>51909489
>You're an autist, tryhard!
>No, you're an autist, scrub!
Jesus christ get over yourselves. we're all autists.
>>
>>51909554
Sure, I just wanted to let the other guy know that he is one as well. He's probably Desolator though, so the autism shouldn't be a surprise anyway.
>>
What are some good wincons for Rashmi that aren't just general UG stuff?
>>
>>51909593

Just UG goodstuff, I mean.
>>
>>51909593
>>51909600
Not really. She isn't build around, so you'd need to pick out a playstyle beforehand other than goodstuff.
Rashmi just screams goodstuff, but you can build her differently, but there isn't really an obvious strategy with her.
>>
>>51909593
Ezuri's Predation into Biorhythm?
>>
>>51909593
It's Gudstuff: the commander.
Maybe do something like kruphix, where you get an unlimited mana combo, win with Hydra Broodmaster or Gelatinous genesis or something.
Other than worse versions of UG combo wincons you don't really have anything.
>>
File: 1486476862444.jpg (96KB, 652x786px) Image search: [Google]
1486476862444.jpg
96KB, 652x786px
>>51909689
>biorhythm
>>
>>51909689
>>51909707
Shaman of the Forgotten Ways would work and it's not even banned
>>
>>51909707
>cyclonic rift into biorhythm in krufix deck

nothing personnel, kid
>>
>>51909707
>>51909728
Oh, I had no idea that was banned. Makes sense tho. But, yeah. Shaman. Do that.
>>
File: 1478326335074.gif (2MB, 252x280px) Image search: [Google]
1478326335074.gif
2MB, 252x280px
>>51909737
>>
>>51909685
>She isnt build around

Fiddling with a list for her but haven't bought the stuff I don't already have. I thought she was flash.deck, since you essentially draw four cards as opposed to one of you use lots of instants/leyline/orrery/teferi.

Kruphix seems better for goodstuff.
>>
Can cards like Phyrexian Revoker stop mana abilities too? Like an ashonds altar or something?
>>
>>51909834
Sure you can play her like that, but she itself isn't that build around, since she doesn't even have flash or give that ability, so you'd pretty much need Yeva, Teferi, Leyline and Orrery, plus maybe similar cards if there's more of them. Future sight works too though.
She just usually gets more value out of counterspells and other instants, but other than that, she's really not anything else but a draw machine. Just like Jori En, but better.
>>
>>51909861
Yes it can. If it excluded mana abilities, it'd say so on the card.
>>
>>51909861
Yes, every card that refers to abilities and don't specify "unless they're mana abilities", they effect them as well. Same way that you can't tap lands on opponent's turn that control Grand Abolisher.
>>
>>51909883
>Same way that you can't tap lands on opponent's turn that control Grand Abolisher.

Grand Abolisher only prevents spells being cast and activated abilities on creatures, enchantments, and artifacts.
>>
>>51909920
I'll be damned. I remembered that his ability stated just that opponent's cant cast spells or use activated abilities. I stand corrected.
>>
>>51909959
You could be thinking of sen triplets
>>
>>51909971
Nah, they create a trigger. I must have mistaken it for something else that flat out prevents opponents from doing things
>>
>>51905743
>website GP Utrecht lists the artist
>show up up there
>hope to buy a (foil) artistproof version
>she isn't there
>TO saus she cancelled

I'm still tilted.
>>
File: Brago_Lets_Build_banner-4.jpg (74KB, 786x366px) Image search: [Google]
Brago_Lets_Build_banner-4.jpg
74KB, 786x366px
>>51906558
there is but one Azorius commander.
>pic related
>>
File: 1485500594065.jpg (49KB, 700x520px) Image search: [Google]
1485500594065.jpg
49KB, 700x520px
>playing feldon for the first time
>that feel when you reanimate stalking vengance while ogre battledriver and warstorm surge are out
Sweet jesus, I didn't realize how fun monored was to play. Any other fun things I should keep in mind?
>>
>>51910183
But stalking vengeance's ability says another creature, am I missing something?

Also, clone shell, summoners egg, and quicksilver amulet for cheating out all those sweet sweet fatties

Also wurmcoil engine is pure value town in the deck
>>
>>51910326
>summoner's egg
I remember you, how's your feldon brew going?
I was the drunk anon who suggested clone shell and insisted that summoner's egg didn't work.
>>
Guys, if I exile a creature with spinerock knoll, can I use the ability and play the creature on my opponets turn at instant speed?
>>
>>51910326
>But stalking vengeance says another creature
Well, shit. I guess it does. It wouldn't have changed the outcome very much, but guess I got away with one.

Now, while Wurmcoil is the tits, I personally like the ol' Seize the Day on reanimated a reanimated creature, preferably Bane of Bala Ged. Lathnu Hellion is also underrated if you get a damage doubler or two out there.
>>
>>51908142
someone post that deck on Tappedout that has practically every one of the most expensive cards in Magic, it's an abomination.

my point is cost has only like 40% correlation to the power of a deck. You can build a decently competitive deck for ~$20 plus shipping
>>
>>51910373
I don't have it on tappedout, but I'm planning on posting it tomorrow during the thread

I'll mention summoners egg in the post so you know it's me
>>
>>51910381
Unfortunately no, spinerock knoll says you can cast it without paying its mana cost, but doesn't say you can cast it as though it had flash.

So if the card could already be cast at instant speed you can, but spinerock knoll won't give it flash
>>
>>51910405
>that fucking deck made Mikaeus jump into 20 dollars by himself

the irony
>>
>>51910381
Don't listen to this retard >>51910433
Because the card states "you may cast it without paying its mana cost" the timing restrictions are ignored. If the conditions of the ability are met in opponent's turn, you can use them anyway.
Besides, you could never use the exiled card if it needed a flash or be instant, because the stack isn't empty when the card is cast.
To clarify, the casting the card is part of the ability resolving, so there's no timing restrictions. Always check the rulings, if there is none, check similar cards.
>>
File: winding-constrictor.png (191KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
winding-constrictor.png
191KB, 265x370px
Well, in the last thread I asked about pauper commanders for Kaladesh deck. Don't really know why, but my post just disappeared - I have checked out last 5 threads and I can't find it One Anon claimed that he made a list with pic related - if you are lurking, I'm still interested
>>
>>51910452
>he doesn't know that amonket is going to be -1/-1 counter themed
Oh you poor anon. Buy a dirty mike while you can, that shit's going to be $50-$80 if anything even slightly reasonable is released. I'm hoping for:

Dickass Mummy
>1B
Haste
When ~ enters the battlefield, place a -1/-1 counter on it.

BB: Remove a -1/-1 counter from a creature you control.
3/3
>>
>>51910452
I didn't know that

that's funny
>>
>>51909489
How come timmies are so intimitated by high power edh and always cry about competetiveness and spikishness while most people playing high power are just looking for fun like themselves?
>>
>>51910493

-1/-1 counters are never coming back
>>
>>51910555
Are you sure about that anon?

>http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/the-rumor-mill/771022-gideon-martial-paragon-liliana-deaths-manipulator

tl;dr
New planeswalker pack Liliana has an ability that gives -1/-1 counters.
>>
>>51910554
calling scrubs Timmies seems like a misnomer. I'm totally a Timmy, I like swinging with 168/168 Ulasht that I recast 18 times in the same turn and using Overwhelming Stampede to overkill my opponents, and I really enjoy high powered EDH
>>
>>51910554
I think that it's because they think that EDH is and should be inbred format with nothing but battlecruiser games and more expensive decks or powerful/optimised decks are breaking the format, because they don't consist of 7 drops.
Timmies are against fun, since they think that their type of fun is only kind of fun and other type is badwrong.
I think I should be able to play vintage lite 99 singleton if I want, but how I feel like, it's not fun to play if I don't play against an opponent that's in the same power level as I am.

tl;dr Timmies can't into fun.
I think that most "EDH is a casual format so everyone should play garbage jank rares and draft chaff"-people get their idea of the format because Sheldor is a megacasual and their meta is horrendous and the people act like he's the messenger of god just because it's "his format"
>>
>>51910607
>Sheldor
sounds like a clam-based He-Man villain
>>
>>51908727
>>51908776

Why do people predict the Croc to be Jund?
He clearly has zombies/mummies in the full image. If Shards he has to be Grixis

Ibis has to be Bant because the Snek can only be Esper. This leaves us with Doggo and Cat. Both have weapons and fit with Jund and Naya. Based on the color scheme and the overall design descisions of the past Dog has to be Jund and Cat has to be Naya. Naya was always a bit more on the "beautiful" side of the wild. Sky in Dogs art however does clearly look like Jund color palette.

tl:dr;

Cat Naya
Snek Esper
Croc Grixis
Dog Jund
Ibis Bant

fite me
>>
>>51910637
why does anyone think they'll be multicolor? They're spoiled art is obscenely mono-colored

Cat White
Snek Green
Croc Black
Dog Red
Ibis Blue
>>
>>51910631
I think that it's an ancient Big Bang Theory meme of character with same name. Anyway, Sheldon Menery is Timmiest of Timmys and an absolute joke. It's pretty much said at the point when he makes his deck actively worse to justify running good cards in them, for example he increased the basic land count in his Karador so Hermit Druid wouldn't be as good as it can be.
>>
>>51910637
Cat God has scale mummies as well. Maybe she could be... [Spoiler] Espurr?[/spoiler] Besides, Croco can still be a black-centric Jund. Suicide aggro zombies with pump and removal? I'm all for it.
>>
>>51910823
Aw fuk...
>>
>>51910637
There are skeletons in the doggo pic too, so that throws out all reasons for grixis crocodile.

Snake is green
Ibis is Esper
Crocodile kind
Dog grixis
Cat bant
>>
>>51908313
That doesn't even win the game on the spot. Kinda boring.
>>
File: invokeprejudice.png (319KB, 315x448px) Image search: [Google]
invokeprejudice.png
319KB, 315x448px
So I've been considering making a dedicated color hatefuck deck. Blue strikes me as having the best options, including pic related, Back to Basics and various Magical Hack type effects available to the color, as well as Blind Seer as a commander.

All colors can handle their opposite pairs, but is there a color other than blue to consider with a decent amount of hate towards its allied colors?

Any ideas about good wincons that still fit the theme?

Considering that monoblue is one of the most hateable colors there is, are there any solid "blue vs blue" cards to run?
>>
>>51911206
White has all the circles of protection, RWBUG, artifacts, and lands, Karma,

green has Choke (and like 4 or five variations of it), Seedtime, Eyes of the Wisent, Summoner's Pact

I think WB is a solid combo, make it Bant if there is a lot of control in your meta

also run all the lucky charms
>>
>>51906362
You should ask them how they want you to scale the effect. The cards are made for a 20 life game, so 40 life would either be 20 life more than your starting total, or double your starting total. Once they choose which formula they prefer, all cards like that are treated with the same formula. Should be fair enough then if you don't have any other wincons.
>>
>>51907446
If you do decide to get a Satin Tower, get one from a store and test it. Sometimes, the top lid is unreasonably sticky and is a pain in the ass to try to take off without spilling your cards out from the force necessary.
>>
>>51908739
the oracle text only differs by saying "dies" rather than "is put into the graveyard". Both versions are extremely straightforward.
>>
>>51911244
Wasn't sure about white, they seem to be lacking in hate against blue afaik. Circle of protection: Blue just doesn't really cut it. I might be wrong though; any idea who would make a good general for monoW or WU for color hate?
>green
This was my next pick, they can handle blue really well, but it seems to struggle against white.
>Bant
Having a tricolor would mean I get likely exposed to my own hosers, no?
>Karma
hits land types not colors per se.
>lucky charms
What do you mean?
>>
File: 08f7c-img_0119.jpg (350KB, 1195x1600px) Image search: [Google]
08f7c-img_0119.jpg
350KB, 1195x1600px
Hey guys I have a big tournament today can you guys give me some help with this guy as my commander please
>>
>>51911276
Well, the thing in Mogg infestation is that the card states "you put" and hasty people don't read it properly and think that they get the tokens.
>>
>>51911299
no
>>
>>51911299
Durdle, pillowfort and gain life, then win with one of the dozens of generic white underpriced beatsticks. One of the most boring commanders ever.
>big tournament
>edh
kek is this really a thing?
>>
>>51911281
>Wasn't sure about white
I mention white mostly because WU has very strong pillowfort so even if you're not running specific color hate it opens up a lot of safety options (Ghostly Prison, Thalia, Kismet, etc.) granted, a lot of these have had blue colorshifted reprints

>lucky charms
the artifact cycle from Darksteel (Angel's Feather, Demon Horn, Kraken Eye, Dragon Claw, Wurm Tooth) and their variants from the core sets that gain you life when people cast colored spells.

Also idea I just had, if you go mono-U, run color hate against the one color most prevalent in your meta and have you commander be Blind Seer so you color hate always works
>>
>>51911276
I wasnt disagreeing with you. From personal experience there is nothing that shuts that bullshit down faster than the oracle.
>>
>>51911337
Lol looked fun but I could make a 5 color Progenitus deck
>>
Lads help, what do people mean when they order from chinamen
>>
>>51911343
I'm making it for Xmage use so there won't be a meta, colorhate in general is way too janky to invest into such a deck irl (though the price would probably be cheap, since even superpowered hosers like Gloom are 20 cents apiece).
>>
File: hangover.jpg (12KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
hangover.jpg
12KB, 275x275px
>>51911299
>he needs help building oloro
>>
>>51911430
they're ordering cards in the chinese language which is often cheaper since no one can read that shit, not even chinese people.
>>
>>51911430
Chinamen sells fake bootlegs cards that barely resemble the real thing

Sure you might pull one over on a dribbling retard, but otherwise save your money for actual cards
>>
>>51911444
I really don't see what the big deal is of me asking for help ? I thought that's what you guys are here for to help people ? I don't have expensive lands all I have is basic lands
>>
>>51911455
indeed. if you want to buy some nice fetch lands, you should go on star city games and order some at a very reasonable price of 35 dollars a piece! do not support nefarious business practices by buying proxies, always get the real thing instead!
>>
File: toby maguire laughing.jpg (24KB, 453x453px) Image search: [Google]
toby maguire laughing.jpg
24KB, 453x453px
>>51911482
>I thought that's what you guys are here for to help people ?
you're in the wrong fucking place mate holy shit. this website is about shit posting and dank memes, anything else that comes out of it is a coincidence you sick cunt
>>
>>51911482
>Three color EDH deck
>Only basic lands
Don't go to the tournament
>>
>>51911519
Ya thanks for the help bitch
>>
>>51911528
Dude, that's the most advice we can give you without a decklist
>>
>>51911543
Oh shit, we must be stupid niggers. He said what he has, basic lands and oloro

Here is your list anon
1x Oloro
33x Swamp
33x Plains
33x Wastes
>>
>>51911507
>fetch lands in edh
"spot the spike faggot"
>>
>>51911299
>>51911482
>>51911528
I have never seen anyone this useless and I have been in a vocatinal school
>>
>>51911597
he's been shitposting the exact same thing for the last three threads, stop responding
>>
>>51911614
Must have missed him then.
>>
>>51911482
Buy boosterpacks of modern masters 2015, they have all you need for orlo
>>
>>51911586
>tfw you need fetches to keep up with the spikes in your meta and want to go back to the days where a vivid land wasnt a game loss scenario
>>
>>51911925
>t1 Mountain Rite of Flame, Desperate Ritual, Blood Moon
>>
>>51911948
Im not allowed to play bloodmoon before before turn 3
>>
>>51911925
I just realized something, playing with taplands is no different than playing with an expensive manabase and always going last.

Has the solution for poorfags always been to just ask to autowin the die roll?

Have people been bitching that much over this?
>>
>>51911981
>vivids are too slow for my meta
>nonbasic hate is banned early game

your playgroup sounds legit horrible
>>
>>51912001
Its pretty bad, infinite combos are forbidden but targeted land hate is fine. I just try to extract grief these days instead of going for wins because I dont pay green.
>>
>>51912000
We dont have poorfags in the meta.
>>
>>51911565
Under-fucking-rated
>>
So what's some tight tech for Eight-and-a-Half-Tails? I was thinking all the circle of prots, Story Circle, Luminarch Ascension, and maybe Sphere of Safety. Group is laid back, pretty casual. We all have one or two competitive decks and a load of casual silly stuff.
>>
>>51912588
Crackdown and earnest fellowship are two of my favourite cards in my Eight-and-a-Half-Tails deck
>>
>>51912071
>prefers to spend $800 on things other than shiny cardboard
>call him a poorfag
>>
File: picture_new[1].jpg (109KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
picture_new[1].jpg
109KB, 480x680px
Is it immoral to play this in my deck if two players of my playgroup have annoying Breya and Prossh decks?
>>
>>51912883
>prossh
>breya
Anon you are morally obligated TO run it.
>>
>>51912819
Who the hell said I spent 800$, and there is nothing wrong with being a poorfag. Proxy your fetches if you cannot afford them, it just is hurting you lgs to not at least buy a playset of khans fetches.
>>
>>51912883
Play back to basics/blood moon also. Fuck them hard if you want to fuck them because they'll find a way to squirm around that shit and make you pay for what you have done.
>>
>>51912883
What colour do you run? Run all the possible cards to fuck them over
>>
File: gfsfd.png (2MB, 1846x538px) Image search: [Google]
gfsfd.png
2MB, 1846x538px
>>51913062

It's my new orzhov build, opinions?
>>
>>51913123
Please, tappedout. The resolution is horrendous and you can't even read the cards.
You have weird ass cards there though. For example, why Serra Avatar? I get it if you run Fling or something it's useful for, but other than that, it's just a big steak without any evasion. Beacon of Immortality? It's cute with Sanquine Bond, but otherwise not. Lifegain cards for sake of gaining life are just bad, especially because you have combo in your meta. Gaining life is useless. Ram hate cards there, Stony Silence, Kataki and so on.
>>
>>51909920
>>51909883

City of Solitude however does affect lands
>>
>>51912883
if two decks with WR and GR can't break one artifact they deserve to loose.

You should run Torpor Orb too
>>
>>51913123
You should've built it for tiny leaders cause that's a decklist for ants
>>
>>51910452
As the guy with the Mikaeus deck, it's suffering.

I'm just hoping for a Mikaeus reprint soon, preferably in a supplemental product so that the price crashes.
>>
>>51913262

By gaining life I kill at least one person and possibly 2 in one turn, combine beacon with vizkopa guildmage or sanguine bond, it has several combos and tutors while preventing my opponents from doing anything too dangerous.
>>
Question, if I make a clone of someone's kalemne and smack them in the face with it for 21, do they lose because of commander damage?
>>
>>51913440
No, commanderness is part of the card itself. If you were at 19 commander and played an ixidron, then they used a rogues passage and hit you with it you would die. In the original example if you stole their kalemne and did 21 they would die. Also if you stole it you would be able to finish off a player who had previous commander damage marked from that kalemne
>>
>>51913003
>Implying I play at my lgs
they're overpriced as fuck anyway, even the jankiest rare is at least 50 cents and everything is above average market value
>>
>>51911507

>Fetchlands
>in edh

You don't need fast lands in edh you fuckwit

If you already have them from modern or something or just in your collection, then why not.

Buying them specifically for edh means you're one of two things

1) rich
2)have poor budget management
>>
>>51913440
You probably shouldn't attack them with Kalemne anyway out of sheer pity for that janky general
>>
>>51913560
Well kinkos could use your buisness and they have nice quality paper and ink for your proxies.
>>
>>51913370
But you could tutor for something useful instead and besides, you don't even run that many tutors. Even more, I don't think you play in a cutthroat meta anyway, since you only have 2 good tutors: Enlightened Tutor and Sidisi.
I think that you'd do well adding green or red, if your group bothers you that much. If you can kill someone with lifegain trigger from Beacon, you could probably fuck your opponents over with Vandalblast, Bane of Progress, or even Wave of Vitriol.
Also, where the fuck is your removal? Both Breya and Prossh rely on fucking permanents to win.
>>
>>51912000
>Every person hits every land drop every turn
>There are no cards that interact with land types worth running
>Giving up the advantage of 1 mana sooner in addition to be down by one for card advantage is insignificant
>This idiot knows what he's talking about

These implications are pretty goddamn ridiculous.
>>
>>51913799
>kinkos
Literally who
I'm not from united snakes
>>
>>51914555
They are a copy place, they sell paper/cardstock, let you use their proffesional quality printers, and have drafting tables with exacto knives and such. You can print some nice quality proxies and make them look good instead of some jank letter paper.
>>
>>51906587
>and ballista is kinda expensive right now.

Difference between Walking Ballista and Hangarback is that Ballista is starting to see a lot of Modern play in Hardened Affinity as well as some Vintage action, in addition to Standard.

It's gonna be cheaper, but not a whole lot cheaper. Right now you can get a MP one for $10. Otherwise you're gonna wait a year+.
>>
>>51913739
>he's never played Titania
>>
File: postem.png (1MB, 1127x935px) Image search: [Google]
postem.png
1MB, 1127x935px
>>51906194
include Sigarda's Aid as some super secret tech for when they hate out your land and think you don't have any blockers. Also to just be like, "SURPRISE, HE'S BACK IN YOUR END STEP! ROUND TWO MOTHERFUCKERS!"

>>51904349

Have we had postem yet? Postem.
>>
>>51915072
I should pick up some Yahennis. They look cool as a commander and in the 99.
>>
File: 1487727975860.gif (736KB, 400x303px) Image search: [Google]
1487727975860.gif
736KB, 400x303px
>>51914555
>united snakes
I'm a burger and i like that name a lot
>>
>>51915353
he's better as a commander if you can afford damnation.
>>
File: Absence.jpg (14KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Absence.jpg
14KB, 600x338px
>>51907447
>Lol
>>
>>51915440
Well I can't so that's a bummer. Might be okay in Atraxa since Yahenni can put counters on itself.
>>
File: 14879855831.jpg (22KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
14879855831.jpg
22KB, 600x315px
In an attempt to make Atraxa without +1,-1,poison,or loyalty counters I stumbled across things like time bomb and heliphial and now really want to build a deck around them. The goal would be to clone and proliferate the hell out of various bombs and then set them off to the dismay of myself and everyone else.
Current Bombs:
Timebomb
Heliophial
Magma mine
Hankyu
Shrine of burning rage
Festering Wound
Sphinx-Bone Wand
Armageddon Clock
Talon of Pain

Searching these things up is a massive pain as they all use slight variations on the idea of putting counters on themselves and then doing damage both in artifact and enchantment form. Can anyone think of a good catch all search phrase or ideas of bombs that I don't have?

In addition I want to use things like goblin bomb and bomb squad but they are in red and would require another commander. Maybe Riku?
>>
>>51915072
Gonna need that Vial Smasher/Kraum list
>>
>>51915518
No ratchet bomb?
Also I would just search counter and artifact type. There's also the ooze that comes with the deck, necroplasm. Also a golgari artifact that blows up all nonlands once it hits 3 counters. Boiler something.
>>
>>51915818
I was hoping to focus on things that murder people rather than their things
>>
>>51915518
plague boiler?
>>
>>51915518
Jinxed Choker fits in this
Voodoo doll
Surge node is neat
Maybe torture chamber if you do like a shitty gifts subtheme

How do you feel about Darksteel Reactor as a random dumb wincon?
>>
File: 42.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
42.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
Which of the Partners would be best to pair with Flankman?
>>
>>51915992
Wouldn't jinxed choker murder me more often than anyone else? Everyone is just going to hand it back to me.

I'm not sure I could generate the mana for voodoo.

Unfortunately surge node does "Charge counters" and not general counters so things that use presser, or fuse, or anything else won't benefit.

azor's elocutors, the reactor, and helix are on the table.
>>
>>51915072
>standardbabby.png
>>
>>51916120
He obviously just started MtG and already have 8 EDH decks
That's pretty cool
>>
>>51915677
I don't have a list on the 'net right now, gonna take me a bit to upload.

>>51916120
No, I just saw all these cool mono commanders and wanted to build them. Also, I have a playmat of Archangel Avacyn, so I wanted to build the deck. I used to run Triad of Fates bounce house / combo, but that was boring.
>>
>>51916027
I've personally been planning a naya (artifact) tokens deck with some voltron with Akiri and Sidar.
>>
>>51915518
[COUNTDOWN TO EXTINCTION]
>>
>>51916236
>cool mono commanders
I'll give you Sram, Baral and Yahenni, but Rishkar is just generic green ramp+counters and Kari Zev is pure garbage.
>>
File: Pernicious Deed_CNS.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Pernicious Deed_CNS.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
>>51915518
Here's another bomb
>>
>>51916329
Kari zevi is actually kind of interesting to build around, though any red commander could probably fit in the slot just about the same. Rishkar is pretty much just green stompy / hardened scales. probably my most casual deck.
>>
File: 24.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
24.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>51906194
Uh! why don't you ask for pic related instead? it's the same thing!
>>
>>51916027
i am putting the finishing touches on a "combat damage matters" with Ludevic. Lots of small creatures that give value when they damage players, and lots of ways as well as Flankman that give them evasion. Its basically a bad, 4 colour Edric. Its pretty fun so far.
>>
>>51914956
Hangarback is used as sac fodder in Arcum, Ballista is a good win condition but it's still too expensive. And who the fuck plays Vintage in real life?
>>
>>51916442
...what the fuck was the point of this post?
>>
>>51916774
Anon seems upset that a playgroup is okay with the other anon playing a card that isn't a creature as his commander.
>>
File: pepe (36).jpg (50KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pepe (36).jpg
50KB, 1280x720px
>>51916833
so basically
>STOP USING HOUSE RULES THOSE AREN'T THE REAL RULES RRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>51907229
Eldrazi guy here, I built a decklist that's pretty fun.
I run Newlamog and Newzilek, depending on what I feel like.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/26-02-17-Kwl-none/

be gentle im new to building decks
>>
>>51916236
>>51915677

Here is my Kraum / Vial Smasher list. Obvious expensive upgrades are untapped duals / fetches and maybe coffers + urborg. I'm just poor.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kraum-and-vial-smasher-mad-science/
>>
>>51916442
someone is assmad
>>
If I play a GR "ramp into big dudes" deck how bad do I get focused?
>>
>>51917502
You basically guarantee the second place for yourself in every single game you play.
>>
>>51917166
What is this coincidence shit? I just went ahead and bought the bullet on the cards for my own Oldzilek list literally less than 5 minutes ago. I'm thinking of swapping out 20 lands for islands, putting in a few blue staples and putting jin-gitaxias at the helm whenever I want to change things up though, since an anon here said that that's fun.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/multi-track-ramping-with-brozilek/deckcycle/
>>
>>51917643
Looks good to me, anon.
It's not French legal though.
But fuck French really.
>>
>>51917624
Explain what you mean by this.
>>
Hey guys, havent played magic in a couple of years but I recently played some commander at a friends place with his decks and had so much fun I decided I wanted to build my own deck!

Decided on Jhoira because her ability looks sick and U/R shenanigans seems fun! Any glaring mistakes I've made that I need to correct? Any sweet interactions or upgrades I should look to get?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jhoira-the-suspense-is-killing-me/
>>
>>51917810
Oh, what's banned in French in the deck? Metalworker?
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/affirmative-actiondec/

rate and hate, how does this look?
>>
>>51917857
Sol Ring and Mana Crypt for starters. Mana Vault might be too. All fast mana is banned there
>>
>>51905520
im cuurently building Child of Alara lands deck its pretty fun so far

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/20-02-17-lands/
>>
>>51917898
Mana Vault, Mana Crypt, Sol Ring are all definitely banned, Metalworker not sure
>>
>>51914160
>Giving up the advantage of 1 mana sooner in addition to be down by one for card advantage is insignificant

You...You don't know that in multiplayer everyone draws?
>>
>>51917975
Grim Monolith too, but at least it's in maybeboard
>>
>>51917856
Get the game ender eldrazi and replace your other ones
>>
>>51917892

Deck needs a wincon besides Azor's Elocutors. Give it its mass land gain spells back. Tempt with discovery / collective voyage synergize really well with omnath and dangerous terrain. Force people to ramp, then punish them for ramping. You can then also put big x-cost win conditions in the deck, like comet storm.

Toss in an akroma's memorial to work with the tokens theme you have going on, too. Sylvan offering + akroma's memorial is nutso.

Specifically look to remove Ludevic, assault suit, akroma herself. Keep the keening stone, might want to add Traumatize for the synergy.
>>
What is the best amount of people to play commander with?

I've experienced 1 on 1 and it is horrendous. Unless you have tuned your deck to play specifically that way, the game is basically decided on turn 2/3.
I've also played in 6+ pods and the amount of board destruction basically lets no one do anything. besides the black player that just keeps spending life to gain it back and lock everyone else out of playing.
>>
>>51918711
2 is a meme format
3 gets a bit too politics for my taste
4 is perfect
5+ I start to lose track of what's happening at the table, especially if everyone is playing something somewhat complicated. Also at this point the fairness of "each opponent" cards starts to collapse
>>
>>51918711
4 is optimal, there's no other way, 5 is acceptable too though. 3 is usually not enough, since most of the time it's always two duking it out and the last one winning since the others spent all resources on the other guy.
>>
>>51918711
Four seems to be the sweet spot from what I've experienced. Three makes it too easy to gang up on one player and five starts veering into too many wraths and long turns.

I once played an eight player game. It took forever to get around the table since you had to be evaluating seven other people's board states. Someone finally put us out of our misery by saving up enough mana to do a heartless hidetsugu and damage doubler combo in one turn. While this is a more extreme case I can see it playing out similarly with 5 players.
>>
File: quint.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
quint.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>51918711
4 is best. 2 flat-out sucks, 3 usually becomes 2v1 extremely fast, and 5+ is fucking mayhem. But I guess the group matters too, a 5-man game can be OK with pals you know
>>
>>51918849
>8 players with only one round at a time
The horror.
You should have tried to play "tavern brawl" or whatever the name is for 7+ players where there is several turns at the same time and each player can only attack at a certain "range"
>>
Who is best group hug-pillowfort/alternate wincons commander? Things like Felidar, Test of Endurance, Azor's Elocutors. I want people to stay away from me because I'm giving them tons of free shit, only to win out of nowhere off some bullshit
>>
>>51918604
im thinking with all the ramping, drawing, and spell slinging people will do that traumitize would be redundant.

but the tempt collective and memorial sound good. ill switch those around
>>
File: 1333855311841.jpg (9KB, 200x275px) Image search: [Google]
1333855311841.jpg
9KB, 200x275px
>can't decide between Xenagod or Thromok

H E L P
E
L
P
>>
How many counterspells is too many for EDH?
>>
I just build hidetsugu, and now I already want to build feldon and zirilan now. Help me /edh/, how do I stop building red?
>>
>>51918981
xenagod is flat-out better because he's not card disadvantage and is harder to remove.
>>
>>51918911
>>51918849
My longest game was a 7 player match. There was 3 powerful stax decks
>>
>>51918849
that was my experience with the 6 player pod I played in.

All but one person that kept board wiping and keeping people from dying were begging "please end this, I want to go home."

I even spent a turn just casting buff auras on someone else's creature to let them kill the guy who kept the game from ending.
>>
>>51918791
This, each opponent cards become absolutely ridiculous at 5+ players. Debt to the deathless for 15 in a 5 man game is just disgusting.
>>
>>51919077
and then the spellslinger player reiterates + increasing vengeance for the win?
>>
>>51919053
Posts like this just make me think "card disadvantage" is just a buzzword.
>>
>>51919053
>Card disadvantage
Tokens aren't cards :^)
>>
All these post about Eldrazi Tribals made me wanna do the opposite of the dude before and make a 4/5 color Eldrazi(W is optional since the only W eldrazi is the flicker one) deck.

How would I go about playstyle? Token swarming? Hand/Deck destruction?
Is there a viable BURG commander?
Should I just play a WBURG commander instead or should I just meme Progenitus?
>>
>>51907734

Rashmi seems appropriate there
>>
What are the best blue staples that are permanents? Besides rhystic study and on a lower end mystic remora.
>>
>>51919354
Telepathy, pretty much no reason not to run it if you have the space.

At best it'll help you direct your counterspells with pinpoint accuracy

At worst it's 1 mana to eat some removal if people get too annoyed by it
>>
>>51907245
Explain this dumb meme. Traft was killed by demons, was he not?
>>
>>51919438
He was resurrected by octopi and Leviathans though.

This is basic lore, most of innistrad was easy to grasp, it was instinctual. Why is this so hard for you?
>>
>>51919140
Kruphix

>>51919354
>mystic remora
>lower end
For real bruh?
>>
>>51919434

I think it's actually a lot worse than that. It gives all your opponents quite a bit of information. if one of your opponents has artifact removal in hand, the one with an Extraplanar lens is going to hold onto it where he may have exposed it before

Basically, telepathy removes any chance of your opponents getting blown out by each other, and therefore unites them against you
>>
>>51919490
>being this fucking wrong
No anon. Geist died the first time when he was eaten by a leviathan in a battle trying to defend his order. Later on, touched by the plight of St. Traft, a hero rises up, wielding the sword of st traft, which became somewhat of a relic.

Long story short, St Traft comes back from the dead using the sword as a conduit for his favor. It's all in the blessed vs cursed duel deck.
>>
>>51919560

I can't tell who is trolling who anymore

Sea monsters and leviathans are ALWAYS flavorful, case closed. Putting angels in a Geist of Saint t deck is super anti spirit of edh you fuckin spike pice of shit
>>
>>51919509
Lower end as in more obscure.
>>
>>51919591
Well, angel tribal is flavourful, but it's just so uninspired. Why would a bunch of angels from different places make more sense than giant sea monsters that murdered him? The answer is, lack of vorthos. I'm glad we can agree on the spicy flavour of giant sea beasts none the less.
>>
My group has decided to give proxies a chance, for a variety of reason ranging from some people getting tired of spending way too much money on new decks, and some sour grapes over that one guy who has Mana Crypts in all his decks.

I'm not looking for opinions on the proxy debate, just wondering what site you'd use to print proxies. They're just going to print them on thin paper and insert them over regular cards in their decks (the idea being that if someone doesn't want to play against proxies, you can just take out the Force of Will insert and reveal something like a Negate underneath).
>>
File: tajic.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
tajic.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
What else could I do with this guy besides voltron? Or is voltron the best idea?
>>
>>51920002
MLD is the best idea. He's indestructible, blow shit up and rain down hell fire upon those pathetic mortals.
>>
>>51920002
Why Voltron? He's already mean and huge and indestructible as long as you're going wide.

Go tokens, or even WR goodstuff with a good density of low-cost threats.
>>
>>51919975

Magiccards.info has some nice high res images that are uniform in size, I copy and paste the image into Microsoft word, then use the Microsoft word to edit the size of the image to slightly smaller than a magic card (the magiccards.info images have reduced border compared to a real magic card)
>>
>>51919591
>angels
>spikey
Excuse me?

>>51920053
Adding to this, 3.35 or 3.4 inch length will suffice.
>>
>>51920105
>Adding to this, 3.35 or 3.4 inch length will suffice.
Whoever told you that was lying so as not to hurt your feelings.
>>
>>51917166
You have 2 coalition relics in there anon.
>>
>>51920105

It's a meme you dip
>>
>>51919975
Personally I use mtgpress, with a 105% zoom (or 110, can't remember) you get a nice print that'll almost fill the sleeve
>>
>>51920156
No, it's not.
>>
>>51920162
Neat, that should be simple enough for everyone to have identical proxies.

Now that just means I'll have to finish putting my decks in real sleeves instead of the shitty penny sleeves two of them are still in.
>>
>>51920215

Well that parts not the meme, you just misunderstood my masterful memework earlier
>>
>>51920024
I'm very disappointed that 15 minutes later, we still haven't argued over
>MLD
>>
>>51917166
>Elder deep fiend
Anon...
>>
>>51920295
No one gives a shit about MLD here. EDH as a whole has gotten spikier, and people run mana rocks as a result. It doesn't help that most MLD spells cost more than 6 (outside of Armageddon) so they're never getting played in any thing beyond jank level commanders
>>
>>51920295
Speaking of, I haven't been here in a while. What are the latest /edhg/ memes and autist bait? Is it still Sheldor, Sol Ring and MLD?
>>
>>51920215
>tl;dr
Some anon suggested sea monsters in St. Traft for flavour purposes, and anons jumped on board saying it was from the blessed vs cursed duel deck. It got out of hand and ended days later when some anon typed out a gigantic monstrosity of headcannon to justify things.
>>
>>51920414
Armageddon, Ravages of War and Ruination are the ones I most often see, though Catastrophe is also a personal favorite of mine.

But you're right, EDH did get spikier, and the MLD plan is getting harder to pull off. Would you say it's time to unban Balance and Limited resources?
>>
No thanks to you fags I came on 2nd place so fuck you all
>>
>>51919975
>They're just going to print them on thin paper and insert them over regular cards in their decks (the idea being that if someone doesn't want to play against proxies, you can just take out the Force of Will insert and reveal something like a Negate underneath).
this sounds a little silly, having "conditional" proxies. If I was playing with those rules I would put Cheatyfaces under all my proxies
>>
>>51920417
Nothing, really. As the resident sperglord, I'm too busy with work to be angry anymore and most people aren't baited. I'd try meta-reddit style greentext about obviously fake stories where you act like a cool guy for doing something douchey, and make the other guy sound like a sperg for being reasonable.
>>
>>51920468
damn, what kinda of decks were you up against that could lose to Olora + 99 basics?
>>
>>51920473
You remove the proxies before the game if some players at the table do not approve of proxies. I guess you could just as easily treat them as a "sideboard" but switching those out would take more time, I think.
>>
>>51920473
Ah, the good old "Re mach? No thanks". Anyone still has that copypasta?
>>
>>51920518
Lol Well I lost to a elf deck black green elf deck at the beginning of their upkeep I discard a card random but I beat Grand Orbiter and beat a Izzet deck
>>
>>51920417
Slobad is still fresh, I've got a list built but I can't tell if the other Slobadposters are actually real or a vocal minority.
>>
>>51920720
>>51920720
GET YER NEW THREAD HERE
>>
>>51920417
Did you miss Anowon/Dark Ritual ramp guy? Mental Misstep vs. Serra Ascendant? Not knowing the flavor win of Saint Traft and sea monsters? Scarred Puma?
>>
>>51920445

As somebody who has played balance in cube many times, lolno, unbanning it would be a terrible mistake

Limited resources is also stupid as fuck, not as broken, but plenty broken, although I admit I've never played it or seen it played
>>
>>51919531
Yeah, playing 1v1 just as often as multiplayer kind of screws with my view of cards because people in my play group have to build decks that work just as well against 1 person as they do against 2 3 or 4 people
Thread posts: 342
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.