[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malifaux General:Hard to kill edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 282
Thread images: 63

File: Malifaux M2E - Ripples of Fate.jpg (301KB, 1239x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Malifaux M2E - Ripples of Fate.jpg
301KB, 1239x1600px
Malifaux: https://mega.nz/#F!cg00BCoD!mDHocpgWP_hkkM3CpCBwrQ

Through the Breach: https://mega.nz/#F!Z9sVSYTS!U2J243KhVsUuOqAnsqTj4A

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of Malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models and scenarios
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4 - Entirely new models and scenarios

Discord voice chat for Malifaux chat and memery: https://discord.gg/xWkuFRz

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives.

Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules: http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/123837-gaining-grounds-2017/

Discussion Topic: Favorite strategies and schemes from 2017
>>
Haven't had as many games of GG17 as I'd like, but I like how it's not very focused on killing.

Dig there graves seems pretty cool though.
>>
I love tail em but it pretty much confirms that we won't get a unit that can ignore line of sight, I want permanent scout the field vision
>>
>>51904492
I think it's going to change. It's way too easy ATM.
>>
Is ashes and dust the best frame for murder target?
No conditions and its something that needs to be dealt with
>>
Why is Yasunori so good? That horse doesn't even require any skill to use at a point.
>>
Out of curiosity, is the Terracotta Warriors Thousands Strong ability supposed to work with Until I Shatter and Mold of the Other? Or is it just there as a fun bonus. The actions prevent you from reducing damage, but I am not sure if damage prevention is its own thing.
>>
>>51906429
It does work with those. Thousands Strong prevents the damage it doesn't reduce it like armor.
>>
If a model dies due to black blood, or a defensive trigger does that kill count for frame for murder and the like?
>>
>>51905873
I just finished a game half an hour ago of Asami versus McMourning in a Guard the Stash.

Yasanori blew threw McMourning in a single activation with the help of his 0 giving a minion a free attack. He got pretty banged up, but Asami pulled him out with On Wings of Wind and Obsidian Oni/Equality healed him for 6.

Thank guy plus spamming Yokai seemed super greasy. Tabled the poor Resser turn 3.
>>
>>51906671
Yes
>>
>>51907111
It's mean but not super survivable. Target priority, bra

And be more careful with mcmourning. He's a fragile flower.
>>
>>51905873
>Why is Yasunori so good?

He gets like four attacks on the charge plus his (0) and has the Wk and Cg of a mounted model. Of course he's good.

He's like a Misaki that anyone in TT can take without having to play Misaki.
>>
>>51907722
He's less survivable though, and you can see him coming from a mile way. His threat is completely linear without outside help.

Recalled training on him is complete bullshit though
>>
>>51907788
Low survivability and reliance on some other source of movement are both issues Misaki has too, which is why I think it's a fair comparison. If McCabe's giving him fast or Yu is pushing him around that extra movement makes him a lot scarier though.

He's definitely fragile enough that you can force him to trade, but paying attention to which units you're moving into his threat range and having a plan to counter charge or otherwise burst him down requires some thought. So obviously he's bullshit.
>>
File: Fukken Ramos.jpg (58KB, 600x492px) Image search: [Google]
Fukken Ramos.jpg
58KB, 600x492px
>>51904492
>>51905375
It's too easy the same way that Hunting Party was too easy against a lot of crews.
You need to build around it - minimise Henchmen, bring Enforcers for your hitters, think carefully about Size 3 models.
Makes proper terrain spreads more relevant too.

I'm a huge fan because it makes Howard Langston even more auto-pick, which of course was much needed.

>>51907501
Agreed on both points - Yasunori AND McMorning collapse under focused fire, but if you let them do their own thing, they'll fuck a crew up.
>>
File: Oiran 3.jpg (173KB, 1600x737px) Image search: [Google]
Oiran 3.jpg
173KB, 1600x737px
I've been painting up my Oiran, because hey're pretty models, and now I feel obliged to use them in a game.
Everything I've read says they are shit, but the cards look reasonably solid - their attacks have OK Ml values, and they have a Lure, which is never bad.
Besides that, the Wp buff aura is handy, and no-charging while having an 8" Cg themselves looks decent for controllign where the engagements happen.

Why are they so maligned?
>>
Are there any leaders specifically that are good for new players?
>>
File: latigo_posse_complete.jpg (149KB, 1600x768px) Image search: [Google]
latigo_posse_complete.jpg
149KB, 1600x768px
>>51910652
Perdita Ortega is pretty straightforward and forgiving.
Does one thing very well - deals ranged damage.
Forgiving - gets big pushes towards other Family members (most of her box, and most of her thematic crew too) in case you find yourself out of position.

There's also some headroom to develop skill in the game from there, though from what I understand that's largely coming from her other Family members' abilities rather than her own.
>>
Wind Gamin are far too good/useful to only cost 4 points, poison gamin are utterly useless and cost 5.
I don't get it
>>
File: Poison Gamin.jpg (338KB, 1355x1371px) Image search: [Google]
Poison Gamin.jpg
338KB, 1355x1371px
>>51912157
Poison Gamin are harder to kill, so better for holding points and interfering, while a chunk of Wind Gamin's versatility is only really related to the killing schemes and so not that relevant in a lot of scheme pools.

That's bollocks, it doesn't make any sense and both are mis-priced, you're right.
>>
Is Ramos a decent starter dude? Because I like the fluff of the M&SU, their models seem cool too.
>>
>>51910643
With Misaki at least, I never take more than 1 because they really need crows to get off their lures, crows which would be better off used with Misaki's assasination trigger.
>>
>>51913755
Yes. He may be somewhat tricky to play, but the stuff in his box is all around useful with him and most Arcanist masters. You essentially want to spam spiders and have Joss and Howard do things.
>>
I find it stupid there's no cross over between TOS and Malifaux. With Warmachine having its rules crossover to Hordes I really feel like this should have been a choice they should have known about right off the bat.
>>
File: Raspy front.jpg (158KB, 1270x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Raspy front.jpg
158KB, 1270x1600px
>>51914887
I was thinking about that when they said it, but I don't really see how it would work, and it also doesn't make a whole lot of sense fluff-wise, except maybe the Guild.
>>
>>51914887
The games have two entirely different engagement scales and fluffwise a lot of things wouldn't make sense. Malifaux has a lot of individual models and basic minions that come in at three men per box, while ToS requires you to have 9 guys for a unit.
>>
File: Abyssinia_CrowRunner.jpg (151KB, 750x1316px) Image search: [Google]
Abyssinia_CrowRunner.jpg
151KB, 750x1316px
>>51914887
As was said, they are completely different games, they just happen in the same continuity.
Are they even concurrent?
Regardless, it would make no sense for the vanishingly small factions of Malifaux to pop out in the inter-nation conflicts of The Other Side.
Also, it's literally not happening on the same planet.

I could maybe see the Freikorps being a Regiment of Renown, or something like that, but otherwise it makes not a great amount of sense.
>>
File: Oiran 1.jpg (170KB, 1432x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Oiran 1.jpg
170KB, 1432x1000px
>>51913951
I'm thinking of taking one (or two for hard thematic) with Colette.

The Concealed Weapons trigger No Witnesses gives the condition "Unbeknownst: This model may not declare Showgirls as targets of its Attack Actions".
Huge if I can successfully Lure or Siren Call a beater into the crew and use them as an early-activation hit, and then slap themwith Cassandra, or load them with Poison over the next turn for a Showgirl Sip of Wine (ghetto Expunge).

The inconvenience is that it needs a Tome for the trigger (which is needed for a handful of other triggers in the crew), and is Melee 5 (not huge).
>>
For Hamelin, how many rats/kings/catchers do you think is enough?
>>
File: Hamelin Crew 1.jpg (314KB, 1500x994px) Image search: [Google]
Hamelin Crew 1.jpg
314KB, 1500x994px
>>51917890
25/8/6.

Well, halve those.
>>
>>51917827
Personally i think two is one of the best ways to use them. Because two models with disguise can basically completely fuck up the charge lane of a 40 or 50mm model just by standing near each other, so you can put squishy models behind them very safely.
>>
File: Colette Crew Day of the Dead.jpg (2MB, 4011x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Colette Crew Day of the Dead.jpg
2MB, 4011x1333px
>>51918650
Arcanists
50ss Crew
Colette Du Bois -- 7ss
+Arcane Reservoir - 2ss
+Cabaret Choreography - 2ss
+Seize The Day - 1ss
Cassandra - 8ss
+Practiced Production - 1ss
+Smoke And Mirrors - 1ss
Oiran - 6ss
Oiran - 6ss
Performer - 5ss
Performer - 5ss
Mannequin - 4ss
Mannequin - 4ss

Thinking about it, this wouldn't be an awful crew if Tail 'Em is in the pool - loads of pushes both in and out of activation for Colette and Cassandra, the Performers are Manipluative and the Oiran are Disguised and can go Defensive making getting around them difficult, and Sieze The Day should make positioning to prevent nasty across-turn alpha strikes a bit easier.

Of course, it does still leave Colette and Cassandra as the only real damage dealers, but every other model being able to hand out Poison while having all those Sip Of Wines on the board is pretty good, and with two Mannequins and a few Doves Colette's Hooked Cane Melee attack goes up to 8 with a 1/3/4 spread (with Doves that can feed her +Damage flips.
>>
File: Cassandra.jpg (131KB, 526x816px) Image search: [Google]
Cassandra.jpg
131KB, 526x816px
>>51919074
To add to the risky business potential, if I wanted to be reckless with Cassandra (if it's a killy pool, for example) I could drop a Mannequin and some upgrades to bring Angelica as a Practiced Production holder and for additional manoeuvrability shenanigans, which also brings a second Hooked Cane to the table for a little extra damage output.

As a bonus, her shout attack is another Cast that Cassie can copy, and Cassie can spend a Stone to get the Paralyze trigger.

That doesn't harm my scheme running any and makes the team a (tiny) bit scarier up close, increasing the chances that I can burst down the one model I Lure in per turn.

The downside there is that the Mannequins' attack, despite being only 2" Ca 4, has a built-in Slow trigger, which is pretty useful, especially if I'm playing keep-away with the fragile ladies.

Unfortunately, I'm usually out-activated allt o fuck, and there's not a great way of redressing that balance by killing them, so all these AP-wasting abilities are potentially not actually going to be that useful since I can't actually hand them out to as many targets as I need to.
>>
>>51914887
I really wish people would stop using the "WM crosses to Hordes" bit. The only reason they're "separate" games is that Matt Wilson doesn't understand how IP law works and wanted to be able to sell them as separate IPs to people. That's it.

At no point was Hordes working from a different scale, background, or rules set when compared to Warmachine. TOS and Malifaux are about as similar as 40k is to Epic. Same world and base randomizing system, but those are just cosmetic similarities.
>>
File: Abyssinia Crow Runner crew.jpg (180KB, 639x749px) Image search: [Google]
Abyssinia Crow Runner crew.jpg
180KB, 639x749px
>>51919585
Yeah, I skipped over that bit because I couldn't be bothered to engage.
40K-Epic is a good comparison.

The first thing I thought when I saw the renders of the squads (since I never had any intention of buying in) was that most of the crews would make good instant crews for Malifaux.

Any of the squads would make decent Freikorps crews, perhaps with a little gun conversion.

The Brit Infiltrators would make good Guild Guard or Ortegas, the Welsh Borderers could be decent M&SU miners, a bunch of the not-Chaos could be acceptable Ressrs or human-Neverborn.

But that means that, at best, I be buying two or three squads to maybe use them as not-very-recognisable proxies for crews that I don't play, for barely under the same cost as actual Malifaux models.
>>
>>51918029
Was gunna say...

So what's a good proxy for the rat kings?
>>
>>51916058
>>51915894

My point being that they SHOULD have made the systems more interchangeable. No one is going to buy into a new system from a small company with an even smaller player base.
>>
>>51919911
The thing that is attached to Hamelin's base.

Rats stacked up with a cloth GS'ed over them.

And if you want something tournament legal do what I do. Use oyamaru and green stuff to make a bunch of copies. There is only a single sculpt for the rat kings after all, so it is easier to pull off.
>>
File: Plague Monk.png (511KB, 650x587px) Image search: [Google]
Plague Monk.png
511KB, 650x587px
>>51919911
Skaven, giant-er piles of rats, fukchueg single rats, robed figures with rat heads/tails poking out the holes, differently coloured rats...
>>
File: Abyssinia.jpg (178KB, 1640x914px) Image search: [Google]
Abyssinia.jpg
178KB, 1640x914px
>>51919981
How?
Mechanically, one is designed to be so detailed it collapses if you get more than about ten models per side.
The Other Side is a beer and pretzels large-scale army game.

Fluff-wise, one is sealed away in another plane and revolves around the actions of gang leader personalities, while the other is nation states and alien races and global religious movements clashing.
Aside from that, there're only a few Malifaux characters that could ever have a reason to be involved in The Other Side conflicts, so you'd get the other master-players spewing butthurt all over the forums, which are already probably more negative than Wyrd wants.

Mixing the two would be an exercise in awful and awkward shoehorning.
>>
>>51920189
Just like change rules

Just like change fluff

I mean the Gibbering Hordes, which are the faction I'm interested in, are basically from Malifaux (but got left in Earth's oceans, then portals opened to Malifaux, but they're going back through those to Earth? The lore blurb on their site is confusing as fuck)
>>
How is copying McCabe's upgrades with Terracotta Warriors supposed to work? So if I let's say hand the glowing saber to someone else, use ancient treasures to replace an upgrade on McCabe with another glowing saber, would that be fine? If so should I be expected to buy duplicate upgrade cards for tournaments and the like?
>>
File: Brewmaster.jpg (44KB, 559x399px) Image search: [Google]
Brewmaster.jpg
44KB, 559x399px
>>51920262
But how?
Virtually every aspect of Malifaux is built around the small-scale nature of it, and the fluff is all focused around a geographically tiny and isolated part.

How do you make that blend with a large-scale game in fluff?

As soon as you try and regularly introduce army-sized forces to the Malifaux side of the breach, the core concept of a bunch of crews just stop working, and taking single personalities the other way would have minimal impact even before you address the issue around power loss going the other way through the portals.
>>
>>51916058
>Are they even concurrent?
Its what's happening since the General Governor attempted to become a Tyrant. He's the Burning Man, blew himself across realities.
>>
I'm looking to make the plunge into Malifaux and want to play Gremlins. I'm not on a budget and am willing to drop a few hundred bucks to build up a good collection, and was wondering if anyone had suggestions.

The masters I'm interested in are Zoraida, Mah Tucket, and Som'er Teeth Jones (and will likely buy their boxes). Are they competitive and are there recommended lists for them?
>>
>>51922678
Mah she really isn't competitive, but buying her box isn't a bad idea just for getting her stuff. The best Gremlin master to start with is Somer IMO. All of the stuff in his box is useful, including with other Gremlin masters. Somer himself is a very flexible master who can reasonably do most if not all schemes and strats.

There isn't anything set in stone for lists, but for Somer at least you want to get more bayou gremlins, some piglets for summoning purposes, rooster rides and slop haulers because they are just good.
>>
>>51920359
Yeah, you can have multiple sabers running around since it has no rare limit. You'd probably need multiple copies, buy a photocopy is sufficient.

>>51922678
Mah is probably bottom 5, but So'mer is easily top 5 and borderline broken. Zoraida is mid tier. Good spread of masters. More bayous, slop haulers, pigapult, roosters, Burt, and McTavish would give you plenty to work with.
>>
>>51923394
Sweet, I guess it will be worth it to take other 2SS upgrades on McCabe then.
>>
>>51922746
You got a list of competitive Masters across factions? I'd love to see
>>
>>51922746
>>51923394
Thanks!

Is a Zoraida list with swamp monsters doable with Gremlins or is that only Neverborn? Should I supplement any other Neverborn models if I run her?
>>
File: WillotheWisp2.jpg (16KB, 250x298px) Image search: [Google]
WillotheWisp2.jpg
16KB, 250x298px
>>51923762
There is one amazing model from neverborn which you will want. Will-o-wisps, they aren't out yet though. They are swampfiends which can take a (2) cost action printed on their masters card once a turn. Generally you will use them to summon a voodoo doll to free up AP for zoraida.
Swamp monsters in gremlins just isn't as good as neverborn because you miss out on the neverborn upgrade on bad juju. Eternal Fiend. Which lets him come back whenever a friendly swampfiend dies.

For Zoraida I would suggest you buy
Gremlins: Sammy, Gators
Neverborn: Waldgeist, Doppleganger
Both: McTavish, Nurse, Willowisp
>>
Any news about wave 5 book in summer?
From what I know Dreamer will get new upgrade to support Lord Chomy build and not-summoner Dreamer.

Also guys my friend cannot decide between Ressers, Neverborn, 10T

He want's summoner (Kirai, Dreamer or Asami) any word of advice?
>>
>>51928211
Well does he want a pure summoner? Because from what I've seen Asami hits that to a tee. Kirari also does that but with spirits and both support their respective summons real well. Dreamer does that and then supports and then if you decide you've summoned enough or played in the back field for too long you can get Lord Chompy bits up. So basically it boils down to does your friend want a pure summoner or does he want a summoner with a variant to go into melee?
>>
>>51926560
>Will-o-wisps, they aren't out yet though.
They came out in January.
>>
>>51928211
Kirai and Dreamer are better all rounders because they can do other stuff, whereas Asami is pretty locked in to summoning and can falter in certain pools.

It's mostly a matter of aesthetics. Which faction does she like the look of more?
>>
File: Old Cranky.jpg (199KB, 1111x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Old Cranky.jpg
199KB, 1111x1500px
>>51921411
Oh yeah. I'm dumb.

>>51928211
Bloat's a-comin'.
>>
>>51930589
I'd rather they go the upgrade/fix route than keep adding stuff.
>>
Would burying accused models stop my opponent from reducing the accusation condition on them?
>>
File: Zoraida.jpg (79KB, 284x320px) Image search: [Google]
Zoraida.jpg
79KB, 284x320px
>>51932464
That's the only way I see it working.

Someone was talking about Emmissay-like Upgrades to basically give 'Veteran' Masters that focus on one or the other of their gimmicks, which I don't particularly like, but I see no other way to do it well.
>>
>>51932733
Buried models are not considered in play so you could totally deny your opponent.
>>
So we're about to start up a campaign league at my LGS. Not sure who to play though. I'm going back and forth on Shenlong, Jack Daw, or Misaki (either faction).

Shenlong and Jack are both fun. I like daw and his faction a bit more as far as enjoyment goes, although shenlong himself is a blast.

I havent tried misaki out as much but with her errata she might be worth taking a look at. Also a lot of the upgrades and skills in the campaign seem to boost her effectiveness in particular.
>>
>>51936158
Paying 2 campaign funbucks each to buy Daw's Curses seems like it would make just adding him to your arsenal prohibitively expensive.
>>
File: Misaki.png (94KB, 430x363px) Image search: [Google]
Misaki.png
94KB, 430x363px
>>51936473
>>51936158
That seems like a good point, but maybe that would be offset by having a better idea of what's in everyone else's crews?

Anyway, my vote would be Misaki.
>>
>>51936473
I mean its not that hard to get money, and the first model you buy each week cost like 5 points less so thats part of that money back, but ya I hear ya. At least im not playing the dreamer.

>>51936814
Who should I use for a henchman? For 10T sensi yu is the obvious answer. For outcast Monty is pretty good. Tarpits, has card discarding, and overall isnt to bad after his errata and with brick by brick.
>>
>>51936158
You don't start with a master in most Campaigns, you get one halfway through. Imo its better to focus on the henchman you will start with and decide what master to play based on which models you end up getting good upgrades for or hiring to support the crew you started with.
>>51937402
I don't have much TT experience but for Outcasts monty could work although he's going to have to pay 2 scrip for Brick by Brick. Nothing Beast with 3 Void Wretches could be a good start as you could get that upgrade that makes it so void wretches in his line of sight force a bury check on enemies when they die, so he could hit enemy cards pretty hard, plus nothing beast could really benefit from the opportunity to get an armor upgrade or something in campaign.

My first campaign as outcast was with Rusty Alyce, she got the paired gun thing for + flips to attack and went fucking crazy.

But ultimately, i would say Aionus is the correct choice. In smaller games his ability to hand out fast and slow is a powerful game changing tool and ignoring armor + extra AP is fantastic. If you give him Survivalist and hire a freikorps librarian he will be near impossible to kill.
>>
>>51937402
>>51937600
Oh also Taelor into Jack would probably be good since you can fuck up any summoners you encounter and Tormented Taelor being pushed around by jack is fun.
>>
>>51937600
>You don't start with a master
Ya I know but I might as well have a general plan.

For the upgrade, paying the two scrip is fine its just what the upgrade gives him thats good. Nothing beast is possible but I'm not really interested in playing tara, and I don't think it synergizes particularly well with the masters I would be interested in playing.

I don't have aionus or rusty alice so I cant really do them.
>>
How do campaign games work? Are the rules in book 2?
>>
>>51938372
Book three. You start with a pool of 35 and as you play games you earn scrip which you can use to add to your pool or use to buy upgrades. It's a lot like mordheim style games.
>>
>>51938162
>>51938372
Personally I've found NB works decently with Daw because unlike other outcast beaters he targets WP and that goes great with Monty's aura, plus I Pay Better/Last Whisper call for discarding your own cards and Daw's crew can do great with IPB if they are running crossroads seven models.

Personally at the moment my favorite campaign leader is Anna Lovelace, but i don't know if Mercenaries can be taken as leaders outside their faction. Don't forget Ama no Zako exists too!
>>51938796
Also you can get injuries and there are weekly events like "a bunch of neutral silurids spawn in the middle of every game, kill em for points".
>>
Holy fuck every game I just love how playable Lucius is now. I can do my stuff without burning my hand out and Thralls are just baller as fuck.
>>
Is there anything that stops a Tara player with Obliteration Symbiote from using echoes of the Void to control a model's activation, then choosing to gain fast with infectious melodies to get rid of the model when you are done with it?
>>
File: Lucius Painted.jpg (37KB, 800x424px) Image search: [Google]
Lucius Painted.jpg
37KB, 800x424px
>>51941681
I'm looking to get the pimplord on the table soon.
I picked him up in November pre-errata, haven't had the time, so making him playable is a huge bonus.

Do you play him Guild or Neverborn?

I'm looking at Guild at the moment, but might pull a few Changlings or other decent Mimics to round out the crew.

What are the decent Mimics to take with him?
>>
What are scrip bills supposed to look like? I want to get around to decorating the bases of Parker's crew with them.
>>
>>51943620
I play Guild mostly. Witchling Thralls are fucking money with him. Mimicwise, doppelganger, terracottas and changelings are great hires.
>>
Been looking at this with some interest recently. How does the Neverborn hold up? They look the coolest out of the available factions in my opinion.

Also if I buy one character, does it come with all the other pictured units? Is that an entire crew? Or do I need more to play a proper game?
>>
>>51946167
Neverborn are pretty baller. Crew boxes come with all those models, usually the core of a crew. They average around 35SS while standard games are 50SS.
>>
>>51946297
Is it smarter to buy one crew then (I am eyeing either Lucuis or Titania) or two? Or would buying one and adding extra crew dudes be smarter?

Also, since the starting set seems to come with one set of Neverborn and Guild, is it also wise to pick that up along a crew box?
>>
>>51943370
Not putting it so damn close to a Death Marshal if it has low wp. If it doesn't get buried that won't ever happen.
>>
>>51946311
Buying two boxes depending on boxes and their models can make a lot of sense as you should have all you need for a standard game and even have another master to play around with later.
>>
>>51943620
Witchling Thralls are guild lucius only and are definitely intended to be used with him. Fransisco or a Guardian (or if you hate having soulstones, BOTH!) make amazing bodyguards the enemy has to waste a lot of resources killing before they can even touch Lucius.

That said, NB Lucius does have some interesting tricks of his own. The Illuminated might not be as aggro as Witchling Thralls but they are cheaper and very tanky and if Lucius were to take a Guild Lawyer and give them hard to wound they would be essentially unkillable. Titania's crew box create a TON of scheme markers and lucius so you can actually go on a sword caning (or backstabbing i think?) spree through them. Corrupted Hounds are solid for tying up enemies and bringing very cheap activations, plus they actually have a good chance to hit and deal damage if lucius commands them and i think black blood triggers if he damages them to reuse a soulstone.

Also Lucius is able to do something for Neverborn they really love, give them a shit ton of guns. Using his ability to hire guardsmen lets him bring Austringers or Riflemen into Neverborn, a faction that pays a helluva premium for ranged unless that ranged is on based Tuco.
>>
>>51946167
You need more to play a normal sized game but for starting out they work fine. Yes you get the pictured stuff. Neverborn is the most popular faction so expect to get matched up against your fellow Neverborn players fairly often.

Generally i would say get the crew box for the master you think is coolest, then get a crew box for another master in the same faction or get a few other assorted solo models to go with your crew box. For example if you like Lucius and want to play guild, Lucius + Hoffman would be a good way to start, with Ryle and Wardens being good choices to expand. If you like Neverborn Lucius however, you might want to pick up a Doppleganger, Mr Tannen and Mr Graves instead to start, before grabbing something like Pandora or Jakob Lynch's box.
>>
>>51946667
Woops meant to say Lillith or Jakob Lynchs box, though Pandora is dank and her henchman is useful for Lucius, her Sorrows won't exactly see a lot of play with him and his models cant be taken with her.
>>
>>51946506
>>51946667
>>51946672

Alright, thanks for the advice. Browsing the store right now and taking your suggestions into account.
>>
>>51946688
Right well which Masters of which factions do you like? We can give you a basic starting package for any master if you tell us the one you think looks coolest.
>>
>>51946702
Well going by apperances alone, I am interested in either Lucius for Neverborn, or Titania.
>>
>>51946725
Lucius is the master of lawyers and spycraft. He is a little awkward to start with Neverborn because other than his totem all the models in his box are guild models (though he can still hire them when HE is played neverborn, his neverborn friends cant use them) but honestly Titania + Lucius would be an absolutely fine start to the game if you plan to play Lucius initially for the most part because he will get a lot of use out of Titanias friends. After that a Doppleganger, Changelings and then the Mysterious Emissary would fill out what Lucius and Titania might really want in terms of often used options.

Do give the other factions a quick look though.
>>
>>51946792
Are there any factions that are good for a new player?

As for Lucius or Titania, Titania at first glance looks like a more brawny, fighty type of character, perhaps that would be easier to play than Lucius?
>>
>>51946792
>>51946814
Holy shit the Resurrectionists basically have undead samurai? That's even cooler.
>>
>>51946847
Malifaux is a very specific brand of cool

It's why most of us got interested on it I'd assume
>>
>>51946814
Titania is a lady dressed in rags with bleeding eye sockets i have no idea how you got "brawny" from that. Lucius is all about tricks, buffs and controlling things. Hes complicated to play, but i don't think he'd be a bad person to start with as long as you don't expect to be able to just run him in to slap the enemy leader in the face and win.

Titania is sort of a debuffy person, but both of these characters rely on focusing on the objectives, which change game to game. Malifaux isnt just "kill the enemy team to win" though doing that can help.
>>51946847
The king of Undead Samurai is "Yan Lo" but from what I've heard he is a little complicated. That said the REST of the Undead Samurai are not complicated at all! Nicodem's box comes with 3 dual katana wielding Punk Zombies, he is the games most straightforward summoner/necromancer, but of course because he likes to summon things you might end up having to buy more models than other people. Toshiro the Daimyo is lord of the Punk Zombies and is a capable melee dude whilst also being able to summon Ashigaru or Koimanu and using his war fan to conduct his minions into position to strike. He is also a nigh unkillable zombie. Izamu the Armor is a giant fucking samurai ghost who stabs shit and says "YOU CANT RUN AWAY FROM ME YOU SIT HERE AND HONORABU 5v1 ME DAMN IT".
>>
>>51946880
I can tell

>>51946912
Well that just shows how much I know about this game so far.

Also I might have to change my view on this. I love skellingtons and zombies, and I have a hard on for undead warriors, as well as samurai.
>>
>>51946929
Well Titania and her friends are undead, but other than her there's 3 ways to get into undead. The first and simplest is to play "The Resurrectionists" because uh... they are all necromancers. The second option is to play Outcasts, which have Leveticus, a man who can hire ANY UNDEAD IN THE GAME REGARDLESS OF FACTION and Jack Daw, a spooky ghost who can hire spooky ghosts and crazy people. The third is to play Ten Thunders, the Mafia/Asian faction, who have Yan Lo who works fucking wonders with all the asian undead shit and can hire Izamu, Toshiro and Yin which are all undead dudes, with Toshiro allowing you to hire Punk Zombies in TT or summon Ashigaru (naginata skeletons) in TT.

You may have noticed some masters have two factions they can play in, Ten Thunders has the majority of these, they have a dual faction master for every single other faction, so you can branch out from them very easily. For example they have Jakob Lynch, a drug dealing card shark that works for both Neverborn and Ten Thunders, and Yan Lo an evil ancient chinese ghost wizard who can go super saiyan and works for both Ressurectionists and Ten Thunders.
>>
>>51947018
This is so fucking rad. Thanks for all the help and explanation by the way.
>>
>>51947218
Well im still trying to offer help, after all that which dude do you think you wanna try and start with?
>>
>>51947258
Yan Lo appeals the most to me, I read through his rules in one of the books, so I'm probably gonna pick him up along with some punks, Izamu, Toshiro and maybe Onryo and some more Ashigaru. The Oiron look cool, as they have Mercenary, I can still pick them up as Resurrectionists, right?
>>
File: penanggalan.jpg (2MB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
penanggalan.jpg
2MB, 1200x1500px
>>51947300
You can hire up to two Oiran as a ressur, but you pay more for them to do so. Oiran aren't considered very good but they are undervalued, HOWEVER for Ressur they are useless because you have "Rotten Belles" which are like Oiran but better.

You should not buy Onryo on their own, you can get them AND a cool new master (summoner with movement tricks and a revenge ghost) through the Kirai box. Punk Zombies likewise can be acquired through the Nicodem box.

The absolute minimum Yan Lo Starter would be Yan Lo, Izamu and Toshiro. The slightly bigger one would be those guys, Yin the Pennangalen and some Koimanu. After that Nicodems Box, Kirais Box and the "Carrion Emissary" (NOT EFFIGY) or "Shadow Emissary" depending on which faction you find yourself liking more is a good choice. In the long term, once you get Nicodem and Kirai you will want Mindless Zombies and The Hanged, after which you will have three Ressur masters with an honestly pretty kickass lineup for each of them that would be able to play in a pretty huge range of situations and have some great playstyle variation.

If you find you like Ten Thunders models its probably a bit more complicated, but you still definitely want Yin, Izamu and Toshiro! Yin causes your enemy to shit themselves and like the other "Ancestor" models is a fucking pain in the ass to kill, only made worse by Yan Los ability to bring them back to life. Yan Lo is not my area of expertise but i do own all three ancestor models and i know for a fact Yin, Izamu and Toshiro are easy to use/learn and very effective, so whilst you might have trouble learning all of Yan Lo's tricks his family will help get you through this!

Also Chiaki the Niece (she comes in Yan Lo's box) can remove debuffs which automatically makes her fucking amazing because debuffs are annoying as shit.
>>
>>51947419
Buying the Kirai and Nicodem box, can you use more than one master for a crew? Or is it one per crew?

I'm taking your suggestions into consideration if I'm gonna order stuff - currently they got all their stuff on their store, except Yin it seems.

The models do not come with bases, right?
>>
>>51947865
Just one master per crew and nicodem and kirari crew boxes don't syngerize to well as Kirari doesn't care for the undead flesh and more for the spirit. Nicodem cares not either way.
>>
>>51939918
Campaign anon from before, I think I've settled on my starting arsenal.

I'm thinking 10Ts, with Sensi Yu as the leader with wandering river, izamu, terracotta warrior, and either a thunder archer or a sniper.

I like the archers ability to shoot in to combat. Especially since I'm going to be flinging izamu into people. I feel like the snipers lose effectiveness in smaller games. The terracotta warrior is there to swap upgrades and make izamu a bit more annoying. Also to run schemes as needed. You can support and also run schemes. Izamu is izamu.
>>
>>51947865
Models come with bases. Goryo aren't a bad option for Yan Lo either as they can make seishen which Yan Lo can use to get his chi up quickly.
>>
How neccesary is the Starter Set? I see that it gives more stuff than just the models.
>>
>>51952533
Not necessary, but useful if you have someone to split with or just play both factions. It has 2 decks, measuring tapes, and a list of introductory scenarios.
>>
>>51952533
Unless you want the models there's no reason to get it.
Most crew boxes are decently balanced against each other (there's a few giant exceptions)
Just grab 2 crew boxes you like the look of and you're off to a better start than you would be with the starter set

There's a schemes and stones page with building on a budget that has some good starting points
>>
File: Lucius Crew Big.jpg (760KB, 4208x3120px) Image search: [Google]
Lucius Crew Big.jpg
760KB, 4208x3120px
>>51945918
>Witchling Thralls
I've heard this a lot, but what I'm seeing is a very expensive model with an ok attack, regardless or Commanding Presence shenanigans.
What gives?

>>51946614
I'm focusing on Guild Lucius for the moment - baller longcoats are more my speed than the demon funnystuff.

I am also (to my great competitive detriment) keeping most of my crewsfairly thematic, so Lucius is mostly going to be Guardsmen and suit-wearers - not so much the Tex-Mex cowboys or robutts.
I'd also like to avoid using the Doppelcrutcher, if at all possible.

With that in mind, are Changelings any good?
>>
>>51954142
Mostly commanding presence shenanigans, since they auto pass horror duels instead of being immune.

I haven't looked at them in a while, but iirc, they hit pretty hard for their point cost.
>>
File: Wokou_Raider.png (371KB, 555x479px) Image search: [Google]
Wokou_Raider.png
371KB, 555x479px
>>51948316
>I like the archers ability to shoot in to combat. Especially since I'm going to be flinging izamu into people. I feel like the snipers lose effectiveness in smaller games.

I think this is strong reasoning.

Anybody getting any table time with pic related?
There was much grumbling about how expensive they were, but they look like they should hit hard enough to justify it - especially relevant with Smoke Bombs.

I'm very disappointed they're not Mercenary-able into 10T, but I guess they can be Infiltrated for the one that needs them.
>>
>>51954142
Auto-passing Horror duels, 3/4/6 on Ml6 with a built in heal trigger, free attacks from a scheme marker getting dropped (Guild Intelligence/Hidden Sniper/Lackeys lawl) and the + to melee when near Lucius. All on a 12 wound impossible to wound model.

Holy fuck they're amazing.
>>
Anyone have TOS rules?
>>
>>51954142
Changelings are pretty good yes because they can run up to a low defense high offense thing like the ice golem, desolation engine, flesh construct, teddy or whatever and use its attack on it to great effect.

I don't think its unthematic for Lucius to have requisitioned a Guardian and Wardens though they are robots are Guardsmen, they are literally designed for use with Lucius. Master Queeg is like a mini-Lucius based on making the lackeys do scheme stuff, Sanctioned Spellcasters are spellcasters forced to work for the guild or bomb collars go off (or you can do that anyway!) and Brutal Emissary is designed for every master.
>>
>>51955059
They really are disgustingly strong. This is just heaping onto McCabe's already great game.
>>
10T player here. Is the faction shit, or am I just shit at them? I regularly lose to the only other player in the area, who does Arcanists themed on Colette, with occasional dips into Kaeris because she likes fire. I'm a huge fan of Mei Feng, with a secondary preference for McCabe, though I've been trying to force myself to learn Shenlong because other recommendations call him the best thing 10T has.
>>
File: 1446986445874.gif (998KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
1446986445874.gif
998KB, 500x368px
>>51954235
I still waiting for mine to come in the mail to use with Parker. If it's any help last time I played Parker I wish I had some dedicated melee models to tie up all the Punk Zombies Molly was summoning on me. I still won by a landslide but I felt like I could have used some slightly better than average melee support. So I think they have a place in his crew.

>mfw: Molly drops six blackblood'ed Punk Zombies ontop of Parker across six turns.

He came out on top but it was anfully messy.

Also Doctor Mich ran around the board by himself and gunned down to Nercopunks by himself which was awesome. He fired his pistol every turn of that game and always out of Parker's sight.
>>
>>51959983
They have a bit of finesse to them. Unfortunately without knowing what kind of list you bring into certain scheme pools I can't really give you much. Best advice I can give you is to listen to the schemes and stones podcast on the individual masters. I would also listen to the Collette one as well. Just keep in mind the schemes section is out-of-date if you are using GG17.

Also you should check to see if you guys are using the erratad cards or not. Collette got a nerf recently. Nothing huge but she can only prompt a target once per turn. She can still cast it three times but on different targets.

I can try to give you some advice for shenlong though if you have an specific questions regarding him. He's my main master and I think he's pretty fun.
>>
File: We have a problem.png (330KB, 607x605px) Image search: [Google]
We have a problem.png
330KB, 607x605px
>>51959983
10T player here and I haven't lost a game yet to my group. but I will admit half of them are drooling retards.

But I have found the reason for your failure. Mei Feng is trash tier waifu and master. I find her the most useless of all of their masters and utterly boring.

Shenlong is really solid, but by no means the best thing the faction has to offer.

McCabe is brutally sweet. He's my second go to with Jacob Lynch being my main. Lynch's crew usually trashes the house while Lynch goes last and casually strolls around the field of dead bodies Hungering Darkness and his 4 man Illuminated squad leave behind. Weirdly enough Lynch and McCabe are both really good with their own crews and using each other's crews. Nothing makes my group more sour than four Wastrel's healing everyone every turn and shooting all of their scheme runners to death with their hyped up shooting attack trigger from Cast Off.

But to your problem there is a very simple fix to your power problem. Two models were just released that literally work by themselves regardless of what master you are using, and both are even better with McCabe.

>Step 1:Buy Yasunori and a box of Terracotta Soldiers.
>Step 2: Build them and take at least 2 Terracotta in every list with Yasunori. Doesn't even matter what rest of your crew is.
>Step 3: Give Yasunori Equality for free healing.
>Step 4: Locate "Mold Of The Other" on the Terracotta Soldier card's back. Use it on Yasunori.
>Step 5: Destroy everything.

Seriously, Terracotta bros backing that crazy oni up single handled can wipe entire crews away.

Colette is one of the toughest masters in the game to beat.I can see while it's been a struggle for you.
>>
Toshiro the Daimyo's ability "Feudal Ties" let's hime take up to 4 Zombie Punks, I suppose that's there to let Ten Thunders players to take them, and isn't of much use as an ability for Res players?
>>
>>51959983
>>51960737
>>51960749
I'm finding myself in a similar situation. Haven't lost a game yet and it's getting to a point where people are reluctant to play under the banner of "TT OP" while I'm still drooling at the amazing shit Arcanists and the like get and keep feeling a bit underwhelmed at our arsenal.

You have to realise that while pushes and the occasional + don't seem like much, speed and consistency is what will be winning you matches. The biggest mistake you can make is getting too bogged down in combat while you should be working hard on your schemes. TT is especially good at alphastrikes but lacks general follow up compared to most other factions.

McCabe, Lynch and Shenlong are really the strongest masters in the faction by quite a margin, while Brewmaster, Misaki and Mei trail behind a bit.

Lynch is essentially there to kill stuff, McCabe makes what you take so much better and is great at scheming, and Shenlong allows you to shift focus mid battle. Where McCabe's versatility comes through list building, Shenlong allows you to adapt on the fly. I personally prefer him, especially against Collette, since he and Yu can just mess with markers enough to force her to thread carefully, and in doing so you can let your crew breathe a bit.

Realise though that player skill is generally the biggest factor. If you're only up against one person and that person is simply a bit better at it than you you won't be scoring even many lucky wins.

Would you say you gravitate towards certain habits? Usually the people I play with just tend to make the same mistakes over and over again, no matter how much you point it out to them.

For Mei, I wouldn't say she's unplayable but I really only feel myself taking her against Guild and Gremlins (or just fun games, I really enjoy summoner Mei/Toshiro where you just spam Komainu forever).
>>
Friendly bump
>>
>>51961011
Yes. Though it also lets anyone who hires him through any special abilities hire punk zombies, for example it lets Leveticus hire them when using Pariah of Bone though that also lets him get punk zombies so its a little redundant. Still they might add a special power to a future model that lets them get him and he would then allow punk zombies!
>>
>>51961503
TT Brewmaster is not bad at all, hes misunderstood. You don't want to really do much poison stuff like Gremlin Brewmaster the idea is to just obey 3 times a turn like your name is Hamelin.

Also Yokai, Yasunori and the errata making Sensei Yu be able to take the drinking action properly are pretty neat buffs to him, since poisoned Yokai can teleport around at the speed of sound, Sensei Yu putting out a "fuck you" aura is amazing and if you obey Yasunori he's going to be able to take his triggers without issue, since they are "once per activation" not "once per turn".
>>
File: malifaux order.png (69KB, 559x511px) Image search: [Google]
malifaux order.png
69KB, 559x511px
Well I fucking went ahead and did it.

Had to get the Zombies, they're too cool not to.
>>
>>51963393
Welcome to the game, and the suffering!
>>
File: meguca.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
meguca.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>51963483
Thanks buddy
>>
>>51959983
10T are pretty severely underrated in my experience. They may not have the focus that other factions enjoy, but they're crazy flexible with all the buffing and faction mixing. McCabe, Lynch, and Shenlong are crazy stronk. I love Misaki myself. Not too experienced with Mei, but she is pretty mean against Guild or Gremlins with vent steam.

Emissary, Yasunori, and Terracottas are all baller as fuck.

>>51963393
Welcome to the party, m8
>>
>>51963369
5x Binges/Obeys on Yasunori between Brewy and Wesley is fucking gross.
>>
>>51963393
>Bad ink
Nice choice
>>
File: 1483728673852.gif (177KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1483728673852.gif
177KB, 160x160px
>>51966802
Thanks bro. I'm actually quite stoked and glad that they had them in stock.
>>
File: Changling.jpg (36KB, 210x552px) Image search: [Google]
Changling.jpg
36KB, 210x552px
>>51955059
I suppose when you put it like that they're not bad, yeah.

>>51958533
A Changeling sounds like well worth the 4ss.
Not certain I want to pick up three of them though...

I know it's not fluff un-thematic for Lucius to have other Guild assets, but it does break the visual aesthetic, which is what I like to follow where possible.
>>
File: Mei Feng Scrap Construct.jpg (159KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Mei Feng Scrap Construct.jpg
159KB, 800x450px
>>51960616
Parker seems like a monster.
I've heard a LOT about how hard he is to shut down, and how well he can adapt to attempts due to infinite soulstones and many beefy shooting attacks.

>>51960749
>Mei Feng is trash tier waifu and master.
Sadface.
I picked her up because I thought she sounded a fun diversion from Colette, and her Rail Workers are fucking beast with Colette, but I just can't make her work. I'veonly played her a couple of times though.
I usually run her box in Arcanists with Howard Langston and the Mechanical Porkchop, but (and I don't remember all my games exactly) I always seem to over-extend and lose her, or she durdles around achieving not much.

P.s. Yasunori OP pls nerf
>>
File: Mei Feng Full Rail Crew.jpg (739KB, 1100x700px) Image search: [Google]
Mei Feng Full Rail Crew.jpg
739KB, 1100x700px
>>51963393
>Bad Ink.
Good pick.

>Yin the Pingpong.
Gross pick.

>>51964040
>Mei, but she is pretty mean against Guild or Gremlins with vent steam.
It is perhaps the crews I bring, but I have real trouble getting her up field fast enough to be useful while still being able to usefully use Vent Steam to cover the models I need to survive to the centre.
I usually pick her for "occupy the middle" sets.

>>51965815
Fuck oooooooofffffffffff.
>>
>>51968039
Don't forget to pop Recalled Training when he activates and before the obeys for ++ to attack and + to damage.

Wheeeeeeee!
>>
Over the past 2 weeks my group has picked up 5 new players.

-2x Gremlins
-1x Outcast
-1x Arcanist
-1x 10T

Still no other Resser players and they're my 3rd faction.
>>
File: Shenlong M2E crew picture.jpg (55KB, 960x373px) Image search: [Google]
Shenlong M2E crew picture.jpg
55KB, 960x373px
>>51969106
I'm always amazed Recalled Training is as cheap as it is - that many +flips for a stone isbrutal with even vaguely intelligent timing.
I guess the one 'balance' is that it encouragesearly use in a turn to get the best use out of it...

On a related-ish note, I think Yasunori'sgoing to get hit with the nerf bat some time soon.
He's just so much more dangerous than virtually all the other riders, especially from the turn 1, and he can carry Recalled Training.
I know he can be killed, but if you can't get your main beater in position for the counter charge beforehand you're losing two models minimum, and he's obscenely mobileso anyone with half a brain can keephim safe.
>>
>>51970709
>gremlins

How do they play anyway? They seem so weird.
>>
Out of curiosity, did they ever redo the oiran? I am looking at the assembly instructions right now and some of the parts are distinctly different from the sprue I have in my hands.
>>
So I own Hannah, and am going to get hired swords. Am I gonna have fun? I've not played this game yet at all.
>>
>>51971784
Yes. Just have Hannah cast sisters in fury and you can do silly amounts of damage.
>>
>>51971784
How do you feel about the glass cannon lifestyle?
>>51972096
But that means losing Oath Keeper on Blood.
>>
>>51972129
>glass cannon lifestyle
Completely fine.
>>
File: Oiran Build Intructions.jpg (128KB, 437x536px) Image search: [Google]
Oiran Build Intructions.jpg
128KB, 437x536px
>>51971760
A little different - the headpiece/hair decoration is added, and the face & mask are one piece now.
Not enough to confuse, though.
>>
How to beat Viktorias, especially as 10T?

Defense attacks do damage, and they have enough healing that it erases all damage done the turn it happens.

Willpower is 7 pretty much across the board.

Height is placement effects, and they're fast enough to not care.

Ml8 is ridiculous, especially with their damage spreads. Any defensive ability goes away with the Mark.

Can't out-speed them, they're faster than 9/10 of models.

Can't out-scheme them, they can catch and kill scheme runners before they can get into position.

Help?
>>
>>51974290
Same question but as Tara/levi

I can't seem to stop them.
I'm tempted to just learn hamelin so I can obey them
>>
>>51974615
Levi you kill the anchor models. They're shackled to a slow Waif, and Levi himself is squishy.

Tara you bring Casting, and the crew sorta melts.
>>
>Zoraida throws sewn fate on a model
>Iggy uses ignite on the voodoo doll, giving it and the sewn model burning +3
>Sewn model takes the 3 from its own burning AND the damage the voodoo doll takes from its burning, totalling at 6 damage
Is that about right?
>>
>>51974632
Sorry, my post was vague, how do I beat the viks as Tara or Levi?
>>
>>51974669
>>51974290
Take self-sufficient models. Spread out. They're fast, but they can't be everywhere at once, and a lot of their shit relies on auras. Tara can easily jam them with Void Wretches, while Levi has access to all sorts of cheap shit to do so with.

10T, you take McCabe and dogs, as per usual for 10T.
>>
>>51963369
It's not that they're terrible masters, but compared to the rest they just dont quite make it. Swilling 2-3 models a turn or draining 4-5 cards at your first activation sets up some disgusting plays, but compared to Shen, Lynch and McCabe they can all be disrupted far more easily and when they are it's a much harder blow. They just lack that consistency.
>>
>>51968039
I've always found this a decent list that can do really well in a bubbley schemepool.

Mei 5 SS Cache
+Vapormancy
+Seismic Claws
+Misdirection
Emberling - 3 SS
Emissary - 10 SS
+Conflux
Toshiro - 10 SS
+Summoning
+Peaceful Waters
Porkchop - 7 SS
Obsidian Oni - 6 SS
Low River Monk - 4 SS
Shadow Effigy - 4 SS

At the start of turn 1 the Emissary and Porkchop drop scheme markers, Mei jumps at the first one for free and you might have to cheat in the second one. Then walk up a bit and vent steam.

Then a fast+pushed Toshiro will create two Komainu, you're at 10 activations, and your LRM can heal them back up immediately. And every turn after that your Emissary and Porkchop will each drop scheme markers that allow any 9+ of Tomes to become more Komainu. Hell, if you have enough high cards turn 1 you might as well get a third one from the Emberling. In total I wouldn't spend more than 2-3 SS on summoning Komainu, especially turn 1-3ish. Hell, from time to time you pick up the free Ashigaru.

I occasionally leave out Seismic Claws for either a RT or just another SS and depending on what I'm playing against I might drop the Effigy and Oni for a stronger beater or sniper since you'll be at a minimum of 9 activations from turn 1 anyways. It pretty much allows you to Resser up while Mei protects from things at range and even just hitting one focussed Vapormancy+Dragon's Claws leaves the enemy crew open to some massive hits if they do close in.
>>
>>51971330
He's stronger than the other Riders turn one, but they quickly become stronger turn 3+. He's pretty much the first "big" beater Ten Thunders have and to people used to the usual TT style he throws some challenges in people's faces that they'll need to address differently.
Compared to say a Nekima or Langston he still lags behind. Ml 7 min 4 with Nimble/Flurry or Melee Expert will always be more reliable than 2~4 attacks with min 3 and he doesn't do much else besides hitting. Mobile, sure, but so are Langston and Nekima and they have some actual triggers to make those attacks even more terrifying.
Either way, he's not even out yet so we'll be waiting 'til at least 2018 to hear anything about them addressing him and I'm pretty sure people will have adjusted to playing against him by then.
>>
>>51974649
Yep, take depression, ditch a tome and you can give out 4 burning from each attack and they'll take 8 burning damage, plus 6 from the voodoo doll.It does need 3 tomes though.
>>
>>51965815
On any TT beater its pretty gross, especially if they already activated and dropped recall training that turn.
>>51975248
I wasn't really defending Mei because i don't understand her well, though I've never seen her lose either.
Misaki i think has some more potential with her new models and buffs but nobody has really figured out how to use those to best effect yet.
Brewie however is not going to take any upgrades. His goal is to obey over and over and only swill on very important enemy models. Sensei Yu can push him up the field and both can put out their auras whilst he has his beaters beat over and over and over. His other styles of play are focused on his gremlin side.
>>
>>51967641
The Mysterious Emissary can summon Changelings, so even if you only ever hire one or two that is why they come in a box of 3 because you can end up summoning lots of them.
>>
>>51971349
Well it varies by master but generally the pigs charge shit, the other gremlins shoot things and everything else supports those two goals. Also they tend to self damage quite a bit but get aoe heals too so it evens out.
>>
>>51974290
I've only played against the Viktorias a handful of times, but i would say spread out your models and have some thunder archers, katanaka snipers, samurai or ohaguro bettari in place to attack them after they kill whatever you put up the front.
>>
>>51977302
Brew's Obey isn't suited in. You can't focus on it if you want to play reliably. Swill makes key enemies essentially useless and either marks them for death or makes them spend an eternity being locked down by something big. Pick your Poison drains hands and just breaks down models very thoroughly. Obeying is a happy accident.

Add to that Yin with her -'ing a key model and Yu giving Brewie fast and you can keep them on double swill or PYP them 4-5 times in a row. These playstyles work especially well with TT. Obey, not so much. With Yasunori it might now be worth stoning for but you're gonna be needing those stones elsewhere most of the time and only stretch out for it if it will directly net you points.
>>
File: hired swords painted.jpg (91KB, 1000x535px) Image search: [Google]
hired swords painted.jpg
91KB, 1000x535px
>>51974290
From what I've seen, you just have to accept that you will lose your Turn 1 setting up and at least one model.
Manoeuvre to avoid that alpha strike, arrange a counter-charge, and use any shooting you have to try and pick off either their whole hand and some stones, or one or more of their hitters.

I'd think that TT would be better than most at responding after eating the hit, with all the pushes and Fast and positioning available to you.

>>51975659
Awesome, cheers man.
Do you often lean heavily on Toshiro's summons?
I like to stay theme-y, which would mean a more mechanical/Rail Worker-focused force, but by the sound of it the general idea is to look for a big Turn 3 witht he whole crew, rather than a Mei rush Turn 2, so maybe that's what I should be aiming for.
>>
File: desperatemercmale.jpg (65KB, 896x600px) Image search: [Google]
desperatemercmale.jpg
65KB, 896x600px
>>51974649
>>51977288
Jesus, the old hag's way nastier than I'd realised.
That's huge.

>>51977317
Is there anything I can take as Guild Lucius that can summon them?
Alternatively, can I get enough suits and longcoats into Neverborn to maintain the suave business look of the crew and still take the Emissary?
I ask both because I only really have the crew box at the moment, and I very much prefer the visual aesthetic of the lawyers and longcoats over the demons, and because Lucius is my third crew and first outside Neverborn.

I was even tempted to pick up pic related to round out the swish coats look, but they really do seem to be as awful as people say.
>>
>>51978666
My group refuses to play against the local Zoraida player if they use will o the wisps outside of a tournament, they just immediately concede. Zoraida must be scary because they don't do that for anything else.
>>
File: IMG_1688.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1688.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>51979886
What sorta list does he run? Been starting to play her and would like some inspiration.
>>
>>51980274
>That fucking water tower
Now I know what I want to do next time I go to starbucks.
>>
>>51980274
I really want one of those boards with all the zones and sections marked off. Saves so much time.
>>
>>51983549
Mats by Mars is fantastic.
>>
>>51978629
>pick off either their whole hand and some stones, or one or more of their hitters.
How?
They're fast enough to pick their battles, there's enough blocking terrain for them to hide behind on ANY good board.
They have a + to DF while there's cards in hand, meaning they don't spend the cards, meaning they keep the +
All of them heal after a kill
Vanessa has a (2) heal for all sisters in play that regularly heals them 6
>>
>>51983680
My group makes a bunch of our own mats, but ya I think we got a few from them. We just need to get around actually adding the lines to ours.
>>
File: Castle interior.jpg (156KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Castle interior.jpg
156KB, 1024x768px
>>51979886
I'm considering the same sort of behaviour if one of my regular opponents starts playing Hamelin regularly.
I know I should be working out how to beat him, but the game's just a massive fukken three-hour drag.
I suspect that Zoraida with Will-o-wisps is a bit like that - it's not only that it's a brutal list, but it's not much fun to play against.

>>51980274
Sick water tower, I like that.

>>51983549
>>51983680
I really want one too, they look gorgeous as well as being crazy convenient, but I struggle to justify paying for one plus shipping now that Good Boy Points trade one to one against the dollar.

We've also been talking about playing a sewer map, or castle interior, or other hideously close confines set-up, just to see what happens.
>>
>>51984671
>but the game's just a massive fukken three-hour drag
Is he new to hamelin? If so it will take some time for him to get used to everything that goes on in a hamelin list. The other thing to help cut down on time that a lot of tournament players do is just point at a rat and say "this rat activates and is done. Your go." Most of the time it really doesnt matter what the rat does.
>>
>>51984671
Any tips on not being an asshole while playing as hamelin? I recently picked him up and haven't played with him yet because I don't want to piss people off
>>
>>51984823
You have twice as much turn to go through as the other guy. Train until it takes half as long to do basic shit.
>>
File: Hamelin.png (124KB, 300x551px) Image search: [Google]
Hamelin.png
124KB, 300x551px
>>51984816
He's not the most organised player, but that's not really the problem.
It's not actually three hours - it's probably not more than 30-45 longer than the average 100-minute game.

It just feels like it, because all I do is kill and drown in rats until he racks up enough Blight to splat a model or two per turn.
Nothing interesting happens.

I think I drew the game 6-6, it was just an irritating experience with Nihilism and Hollow and something else shutting down most of what I was trying to do, having spent too many turns wading through the rat tide.
I feel like he shouldmaybe have the Nihilism and Stolen and Hollow .or. fifteen rats - both is just boring to play against.

>>51984823
>>51984868
Agreed - train.
Learn how your rat engine works and how to decide where you want it engine-ing.
That way at least you are only adding the the time it takes to tell your opponent what you do, rather than a minute or two of decision making and then the acting for each of your fifteen actions.

I don't want to tell people not to play him to theme, because you should and he kind of has to,
>>
>>51963393
>>51973040
Yan Lo new player here, question regarding models such as this - I have little to no experience with building and assembling models as the games I played have been premade models (X Wing mostly), and I am wondering how modular the poses are for Malifaux models? Can you change the poses any or are they made to just have one pre-determined pose?
>>
>>51983680
I don't like their designs personally, but they seem to be the only ones that do GG 2017 overlays.

Temped to make my own with the overlay and all, but I am not sure what to do about the texture itself.
>>
>>51987222
They are largely predetermined. You have a handful with some extra options like the Illuminated and Miss Anne Thrope. The only one that lets you really pose it however you want off of the top of my head is Lazarus, as he is pretty much an action figure.
>>
>>51987273
Oh, that's a shame. But makes things easier I suppose, for a newbie.
>>
>>51987376
Malifaux figures are honestly harder to assemble on average. I like the end result more than GW's stuff, but it is something that should be kept in mind.
>>
>>51985682
>he kind of has to,
Not necessarily. Schemes and stones talked about an interesting take on him where you either forget the rat engine, or you just hold it in a corner, and focus more on the obeys and lures.
>>
File: IMG_6958.jpg (138KB, 960x582px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6958.jpg
138KB, 960x582px
Question for the hive mind-

I just moved to a new city that has a healthy LGS community. However, they all tried Malifaux in 1.5 and disliked it because of the card mechanic and the rules being overly clunky.

Right now they're mostly 40k players with an ever growing interest in Blood Bowl. Seriously, it's huge. They're setting up leagues, tourney brackets, and the main manager has a total hard on for it.

I've spoken to him and he's open to special ordering crews for me and extended an open invite for me to setup and invite games, I just don't know how to overcome the existing stigmas.

Once I'm settled I'll have 12 different masters and crews to offer them to play with (from the Viks and Von schill to Brewie and Collodi), but this is my first LGS and I'm not sure of tribal customs.

Any tips for a turbo-autist with a passion for the game but spaghetti in his pockets when it comes to other gamers?
>>
>>51989202
Are there other henchmen in a nearby city?
One thing I love about my community is that there's another one nearby so twice as many tournaments and you get to see different metas

They might be able to help you out with getting started
>>
>>51989202
Do you have any idea how many players are interested? What masters do you have? You might want to start with some Henchmen Hardcores if you want to just explain the rules, though naturally a full game with some elite crews is gonna be way more interesting.
>>
i'd like to get into this game however the faction descriptions do not convince me.
which faction would suit me the most as a former skaven player in warhammer fantasy?
>>
>>51990076
Hordes of high-tech savages? Gremlins. No question. Less fuzzy than you're used to, and a little more redneck, but they're a very similar playstyle.
>>
>>51990076
Outcasts with Hamelin since you will spend your time flooding the board with rats. Just get Hamelin's box and the Brotherhood of the Rat box and you should be set.
>>
For wyrds monthly promotions, when do they normally put it out? It never seems to be consistent. Also when are they going to be updating the upcoming list?
>>
bampin
>>
>>51991200
I don't know but its driving me and every other Lucius/McCabe player not knowing when Witchling Stalkers are coming in.

I also play 10T and I'm dying to also know when Sun Quaing comes out too.
>>
>>51992108
I am in the same boat with the Witchling Thralls and Yasunori. At least Terracotta Warriors and Mounted Guard are in sight.
>>
>>51992108
I just want parker and the dead outlaws. Ive already got Yas and the terracotta warriors.
>>
File: Dreamer and LCB.jpg (1MB, 2164x2402px) Image search: [Google]
Dreamer and LCB.jpg
1MB, 2164x2402px
>>51988708
I'll look up that episode.
I tend to assume, perhaps wrongly, that the intended playstyle is the easiest to learn and execute. My local group is not populated by expert players, even if a few of them are pretty good, so I think we all pretty much play the intended types of crews for Masters.

>>51989202
>>51989779
What this guy said - aim for some low model count games, as they are generally easier to track for new players.
Henchman Hardcore is great for it because it caters to the natural desire to run up the field and twat the other guy while still giving nearly-full use of the card abilities.
That and try not to match up hideously unbalanced Masters/Henchmen.

>>51992108
>>51992134
I was sold on the Thralls earlier in the thread, so now I want some.
They look like they shouldn't be horrific to build or paint too, which is good because I have a mighty backlog.
>>
For those who play Through the Breach:

The last character you played is now a new TT henchman. What faction do they belong to/how do they play?
>>
Nucius hype is fucking real.
>>
>>51996181
who? new Lucius?
>>
>>51997742
The errata made him baller as fuck. He's so fun to play now.
>>
>>51919981
why not? not everyone is a poorfag
>>
>>51936158
What did they change with her errata?
>>
File: Misaki Statcard 2017.png (3MB, 1009x1633px) Image search: [Google]
Misaki Statcard 2017.png
3MB, 1009x1633px
>>51998383
If you have access to 4chan you have access to the errata.
>>
>>51998770
>those stats

Holy shit.
>>
>>51999133
It's just Deadly Dance that got changed, iirc

Misaki was always a bad bitch.
>>
>>51999615
They also added rolling thunder to downburst.
>>
>>51998770
>Finally get my model from divergent paths
>It's the Misaki
>Check limited edition card
>Despite coming after January, Doesn't have the errata, meaning it can't be used in tournaments and is worthless unless I am inclined to have two cards side by side

Welp, time to see if I can offload it on Ebay for $35 like I did with my foil Ironsides.
>>
>>51999615
Well I am rather new to the game and haven't gone through each statblock, but this is pretty wild. Are all TT units this hard? I imagine they're expensive to field in such case.
>>
>>52000295
She is a master so she is somewhat exclusive in her case. Yasunori might be comparable, but he is 12 stones. The other beaters in the faction would have to be Ototo, Izamu, Jorogumo, and the Lone Swordsman who don't have as much going for them.
>>
>>52000319
Oh yea I checked out Izamu, he's a beast. I might have to look into TT more. Are they good overall?
>>
>>51999621
Oh shit, I missed that. I need to play her again.

>>51999900
>Get free thing
>Bitch about it
ok

>>52000628
Solid overall, if a bit underrated. Lots of faction overlap with infiltration and their own stuff tends to focus more on buffing/condition stacking.
>>
>>51998770
>it's still fucking nothing
This allows you to run disguised sure, but when taking that upgrade you're essentially leaving out the upgrade that makes Misaki even half worth taking.
>>
>>52000628
One thing you'll have to note is that besides Yan Lo, pretty much all of TT runs fairly unthematically. It's generally best to pick 'n mix from all the units rather than trying to stick to theme. Some players really do not care for that.
>>
I wish I could get more people to play this game in my area.
>>
File: Mei Feng.png (106KB, 292x345px) Image search: [Google]
Mei Feng.png
106KB, 292x345px
>>52001917
>pretty much all of TT runs fairly unthematically.
I don't play 10T yet, but I'm starting to build a second crew around Mei's Thunders side, and this will probably stop me expanding far into the faction.
I'm the one that's been fagging about theme crews all thread, and now that I think about it, it does seem like Ten Thunders and Gremlins are the factions I hear about taking the same-ish crews regardless of Master most frequently, which I think is lame.
Or taking a completely off-theme crew, anyway.

What is there that Mei could take thematically?
I know Komainu are Constructs,but they aren'tvery 'industrial', and a lot of hte nonja and monk stuff isn't either. Nor is the Oni or basically-Ressr stuff.
>>
Any advices on how to run Mei Feng and Kaeris?
I have their boxes, Raspy and Marcus ones, Hoarcats and Golem along with Essense of Power. Oh Blessed too.
>>
That's what I love about outcasts; you can run everyone thematically if you want to
>>
>>52004193
Emissary is thematic to everyone. Mechanical Porkchop works wonders with her. Rail Workers hit WAY above their pay grade for a 5 stone model, though that's generally into the 7-9 stone range, not really the 10+ - bringing 3 Rail Workers can solve a lot of big-beater problems, assuming the beater isn't a superheavy. Kang's the best Bodyguard target, and with the upgrade, a surprisingly good Frame for Murder target - That shovel keeps surprising me, because with the rest of the card it doesn't feel like it should be Melee 7. Ten Thunders Brothers are amazingly thematic for her fluff, and scheme run rather well.
>>
>>52004759
Fluff Toshiro out as a sort of chaplain, a spiritual advisor to the crew, and you get the most important model to a lot of Mei Feng crews - he'll need a funny hat. Willie is the single best Frame for Murder target, and is hilarious, if not competitive, to run - if you're interested in thematic stuff, you could do a hell of a lot worse.
>>52004320
Yeah, but it feels a hell of a lot weirder to run outside of theme. At least when you have a Thunder Archer with Mei Feng you can say that he owed her a debt. Why the fuck is a Void Wretch hanging out with Misaki? Why does Von Schill have Malifaux Rats that doesn't apply to, say, Lucius?
>>
>>52004193
I would argue that Arcanists Mei is probably what you want if you are going for a thematic crew. That way you have actual union workers and industrial things. Meanwhile the TT side has a Japanese zombie guy and Oni, who, while cool on their own, make less sense in the context of a bunch of railroad workers.
>>
>>52001876
Misaki is baller as fuck, bro.
>>
>>52003502
Try getting one of your buddies to play with you, but this time just do it in the store, in view of other people. If someone asks to try it out, be kind and set up a 20SS game or whatever.
>>
>>52004193
They don't take samey crews, but I get more use out of Ototo with McCabe and Lynch than I ever would with Misaki or Shenlong, for example. They're just rarely bound by a mechanic that requires more models that use the same mechanic, so you're gonna see people go for general playstyles.

Lynch likes an illuminated or two but is just as well off with other directions. Shen, Lucas and Misaki take anything, really. Brewmaster likes beaters. Mei likes some constructs but that doesnt even fill half your list. Yan and Asami are the exceptions to this who pretty much can't be played without their thematic units.

>>52005120
Misaki is fun. Misaki isn't strong. Casual matches, you take her all you want. Competitively, you don't. She's far too straightforward in what she does, and doesn't even do it as well as similar masters who tend to get something extra on top of that. She plays one note and doesn't even play it that loudly.
>>
>>51963369
TT brewmaster wants to effectively swill a target and then obey Yasnunori to wreck it's shit.
>>
>>51967934

Parker is fucking absurd - he can literally do everything and has ridiculously easy ways to draw cards and replenish soulstones.
>>
>>51971349
Glass cannons.

Whenever a negative trigger comes up you can just cheat to avoid it, they have an absurd amount of healing too.

They are touted as "lolrandumb" but it's not true, all of their negatives are so easily countered.
>>
>>51974669

Bait them with a model and then use Rotten Belles to lure your model away from them.
>>
>>51984823
That's just the deal with Hamelin and summoners, learn to play fast, try not to waste time thinking about what you're going to do next activation. Also know what suits and numbers you need for abilities, looking at the back of your cards will eat time.
>>
File: Gremlins OP.jpg (43KB, 800x484px) Image search: [Google]
Gremlins OP.jpg
43KB, 800x484px
>>52009298
I feel a little bad about how much of a drag I find playing against summoners.

Last tournament we used a modified deathclock - when you run out of time, the opponent can activate models until they run out of time or the turn finishes, and then the game is over.
It was great because we're a pretty slow group, but I won a game against Somer solely because he lost so much time working out his Bayou Gremlin and Slop Hauler positioning Trun 1 that when his clock ran out, it was about four activations into Turn 4 and I still had comfortably over 25 minutes and five models to use.

That felt unfair, but if we were playing hard time limit games, no-one would have achieved anything.
>>
File: Guild Guard Female.jpg (124KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
Guild Guard Female.jpg
124KB, 1000x500px
>>52004759
In that case I think 10T Bros are probably my next pick up for Mei - I just need to finish the Katanakas and third Oiran and the last of Lucius' crew and Lust and Envy and Vintage Tina and jesus christ stop making pretty models.

Anyone else struggling with a mighty backlog?
>>
File: Sparks Proxy.jpg (37KB, 333x277px) Image search: [Google]
Sparks Proxy.jpg
37KB, 333x277px
>>52004805
I like the idea of having a good-looking Toshiro proxy, but I worry that it will make it hard to also have a good, clearly identifiable Sparks proxy.

At the moment I'm planning pic related (from the old WHFB Dwarf Flame Cannon crew) as Sparks, with the brush head swapped for a big recognisable spanner.
That way he's the right height, wearing the right kind of kit, with the right tool.

Because I am not having a fucking gremlin in my Arcanist crew.

>>52004867
I'm exclusively playing her Arcanist currently - I've got Oiran for the full-theme Colette, and the Snipers because I just love Snipers, so I can play 10T if I want.

>>52009198
Absurd sounds right from what I've read and heard.
Doesn't matter if his crew's damage spread doesn't tend to be amazing if you .always. have the cards to cheat high and/or the stones for positives or prevention.
>>
>>52010392
I like Sparks' lore though! He just kept helping the rail workers until after the 50th day they were too tired to keep throwing stuff at him.
>>
>>52004295
Bump.
>>
>>52008500
Must be a meta thing. Misaki is an unholy terror locally.
>>
>>52011981
You don't treat Misaki like a master, on either side of the field. You treat her like a beater. If Misaki's your Master, the rest of the crew has to be able to buff itself and synergize and upscale in a way that Masters usually do for their crews.

That being said, Misaki's around the 9 stone range stat-wise. She's not as good as Nekima or the Arcane Emissary or Archie, and if your list can't handle them it has bigger problems.

You're trading out your unique Master slot for a fast beater, meaning that you get to spend the stones you'd put on a beater elsewhere, but you have to do so in order to shore up the lack of a real Master.
>>
File: katanaka snipers 01.jpg (445KB, 900x670px) Image search: [Google]
katanaka snipers 01.jpg
445KB, 900x670px
>>52010597
You know, shamefully I must admit that I had completely forgotten that.
A pretty adorable little cherub really, green though he is.

>>52011981
I think she's one of those that once people learn how to break the gimmick - presumably by finding a tarpit or reacive position that can break the alpha-strike - she loses the total dominance that something with that level of kill tends to have.

Her, Yasunori and a couple of Katanaka Snipers is a recipe for Turn 2 tabling though, I would think.
>>
>>52004295
> Mei Feng
Opponent's taking Guild or Outcasts? Drop her in with a crew that can do the schemes and strats. Keep them close enough to her to be in Vent Steam. No gun will ever hit you. Double so with Vapormancy

> Kaeris
Light 'em up, up up (they're on fire!). Kaeris, appropriately, novas people down. Take the Firestarter, take a Rail Worker, take Oxfordian Mages and fill the rest out with schemes and strats stuff. Take the upgrade that gives everything flight if it's burning, take grab and drop, and deposit enough fire on enemy models that they cannot survive. I've seen her one-round Izamu, though that was with some real lucky flips.
>>
>>52012975
>Kaeris
Gunsmiths are nuts with her. Give them fast every turn.
>>
>>52012941
>Misaki's around the 9 stone range stat-wise
>
>>
>>52014418
Them too! I keep forgetting they exist because the person I play who usually fields them is much more into Oxfordians visually.
>>
>>52012975
Lol, no use of Fire Gamin?
Mei isnt able to run a straightforward crew with Golem or something? I thought it is pretty good actually.
>>
>>52015248
>Lol, no use of Fire Gamin?
Abso-fucking-lutely not. Fire Gamin are more of the same, and Kaeris is already one-turning models. FIre Gamin add nothing.
> Mei isn't able to run a straightforward crew with Golem or something?
Yes, but that's because of Golem, not Mei. Like how Ironsides was previously only good for her Hand-Picked Men aura, Mei is only good for her Vent Steam, with Railwalk allowing her to Vent where she needs to.
>>
>>52015298
You are not about to tell me Golem is shit, right? Please dont, you already ruined my dreams of using Fire Gamin whom i love so very much due to the looks.
>>
>>52016885
Absolutely not. But it also gets enough Burning on its own. The Golem will destroy anything that can't ignore Armour. You have to build up a hand full of tomes first to really get it to work, mind, which means the first turn or two you're not going to be cheating when you might want to be.

It does that with or without mei, though, is the thing. Like, Mei Feng and the Golem do nothing for each other other than Mei being able to import it into whatever list she has.
>>
File: Metal Gamin.jpg (106KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Metal Gamin.jpg
106KB, 800x600px
>>52016885
>>52016918
The golem is fantastic on that turn youc an feed it four Tomes, but banking on that turn coming naturally when you want it is foolish, and the alternative is depriving virtually your whole crew of cheating triggers that turn and probably the preceding turn.

The flipside is that the Burning set-up besides that is dead easy, so if you only want an extra AP or maybe two every turn it's not so hard.

On a vaguely related note, I haven't got to use them yet but these little guys are adorable.
>>
>>52018946
>On a vaguely related note, I haven't got to use them yet but these little guys are adorable.
Yeah, they're some of the best models in the game for hoffman
>>
>>52018976
>Ca8 Back in the Box

Yes!
>>
>>52016885
Speaking of Metal Gamin, The Rail Golem is amaze-balls with Hoffman.
>>
File: Mannequin diorama.jpg (341KB, 1600x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Mannequin diorama.jpg
341KB, 1600x1280px
>>52020110
>Ca8 Back in the Box
Wut?

Does C. Hoffman get Mannequins with Arcanist Assets?

I figure anyone that can will be bringing one for Scheme Marker-y pools, since they make them easy mode.

I say this as a Colette player, so those pools are already easy.
>>
>>52025100
He can loop in the Brutal Emissary to share stats. Ca8 to bury a model is fun.

No Mannequins, but you can give 2 Watchers Nimble or (1) interacts as a (0)
>>
File: NananananaRAMOS.jpg (72KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
NananananaRAMOS.jpg
72KB, 1200x675px
>>52026188
I hadn't realised Magnetism was Ca 8.
Or exactly how Power Loop works,

Ouch.

And I see he can bring Howard Langston to the table, which is frankly ridiculous.
Does anyone actually do that, or is he too expensive to send outside the Hoffball (or to waste the speed by not doing so)?

Joss is apparently available too, if you really wanted to.
To be fair, a Melee 7 Fast Joss Chokeslamming people would be rough.

What's the best Defence on a Construct?

Pic only vaguely related.
>>
Does unimpeded make climbing walls cost less movement?
>>
>>52027498
You can do all of that shit. Hank and Joss are great with Hoffman. Rail Golem, too. Ml7 on a spider swarm is glorious. Biggest problem Chuck has is he gets pretty hard countered by anti armor tech.

Highest Df on a construct he can hire is 6. Emissary, Guardian, among others.
>>
File: Colette nu Bois.jpg (102KB, 844x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Colette nu Bois.jpg
102KB, 844x1600px
>>52027898
I've always been fascinated by these super-elite crews, but I never end up running them because there's rarely a scheme pool where they're at all appropriate, and I don't get to play often enough to want to play a game just for the sake of pushing some models around the table.

I did try a Reckoning/Hunting party game with Colette, Cassandra, Joss and Howard with a Performer and a bunch of upgrades.
Fun, but not a very useful or competitive crew.
>>
>>52028280
It's rare to see a pool that really favors an elite crew. That said, Guild run the elite crew very well between Hoffman and McCabe.
>>
>>52029748
I guess that's what Last Stand and the Distraction to Accusation change was for.
They're .more. viable, but chaff activation control is still the elephant in the room as far as balance issues, I feel.
>>
File: crewExportImage.jpg (267KB, 1038x1899px) Image search: [Google]
crewExportImage.jpg
267KB, 1038x1899px
Just picked up hamelin, how many friends will I lose?
>>
File: Brewmaster Crew.jpg (884KB, 3262x1364px) Image search: [Google]
Brewmaster Crew.jpg
884KB, 3262x1364px
>>52031769
Needs more Rats.

Also
>Nix
>Nihilist
>+Hollow
Single-handedlyshut down my Mei Feng the first time I had playes Mei, the first time I played against Hamelin.
It was horrible.
Thank god Kang is a warrior, or I'd have left without a shred of pride intact.

Pic only related for another irritating impotence-distributing crew.
>>
>>52031260
I feel like the easiest way to manage that is to adopt a mechanic of optional passes until you even out on activations. Or do like TOS and have passes be an option but if both players pass the tuen ends.
>>
File: Wastrels.jpg (314KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
Wastrels.jpg
314KB, 1000x600px
>>52032464
I feel like that would swing it too far the other way, even if it was a Nellie-style "Discard a card to pass" deal.
Perhaps a few more Curfew-style upgrades or similar abilities, where you disadvantage the remaining opposing models if you run out of activations first.
Or a 2ss Upgrade that gives your Master a 3AP Action to give target friendly model Reactivate.
Or 2AP to give them Slow and Reactivate
>>
File: 1467749085984.gif (415KB, 488x519px) Image search: [Google]
1467749085984.gif
415KB, 488x519px
>>52028280
Isn't it not only possible, but viable, to run Von Schill's mercenary core as super elite?

Inbetween the synergy of the Strong-Arm suit and Hannah, and the durability of Lazarus and a librarian or two, you'd have like five or six models all with at least Armor+1 and Schill's Hard to Kill.

Or is it just not viable to have steam marines punching holes in things?
>>
I've been away for quite a while and the scene is coming back to where I live. Was wondering how that Sandeep guy works (or is he's even worth it). Plenty of rule changes in general have happened since my time, so I don't quite understand stuff.
>>
File: Sandeep Desai.jpg (123KB, 792x594px) Image search: [Google]
Sandeep Desai.jpg
123KB, 792x594px
>>52033731
Sounds plausible.
Hogan's one of the many Masters I've never actually seen played in the flesh, but the pseudo-H2K sounds beastly, especially if you can get a decent chunk of a crew like that in the bubble.
He seemed like a straightforward and not-so-great model until it was pointed out that giving the whole crew Hard to Kill is insane, before you factor in Librarian healing and Hannah shenanigans. sheHannahgans

>>52034579
Arcane Reservoir and Schemes & Stones podcasts have good explanations of how stuff works for him.
Between the two you should come out witha solid understanding.
He's a Gamin-summoner with weird restrictions, but generally seems to be viewed well.

As for the shift from 1.5E to M2E, I can be no help - I only started a year or so ago.
>>
>>52034579
Sandeep is a Swiss army knife. He can summon, control, blast, beat down, do whatever. And he lets his crew use his abilities.
>>
>>52034850
>>52036365
Snoopin' about more I certainly do like his approach. Thanks for recommendations.
>>
File: consider the following.png (61KB, 462x227px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.png
61KB, 462x227px
There were 4 books in 1st Ed. We have 4 books in 2nd Ed now, so 3rd Ed when?
>>
>>52038307
They're working on book 5
I've heard they are beta testing new upgrades
>>
>>52038581
Any spoilers out on that one? Previous book had some dropped this time last year.
>>
>>52038626
All I've heard is new limited upgrades for masters
>>
File: McCabe box crew.jpg (231KB, 1600x978px) Image search: [Google]
McCabe box crew.jpg
231KB, 1600x978px
>>52038581
>>52038848
Where did you hear that?
All I've seen around the web, especially here, is much grumbling that they should make them.
Nothing to really support that though.
>>
>>52038626
Last one came out at gencon, so we've still got a bit of time.
>>
>>52038307
Didn't play 1e, but my understanding is that it turned into a shitshow and has to be rebooted. 2e has a few issues (vantage, some balance issues, power of activation control) but is overall is a pretty good spot. I don't think we need a 3e
>>
are low soulstone/henchmen games balanced?
>>
>>52042721
Not really, especially when summoning is involved.
>>
>>52043026
so at what SS count does the game start to get more balanced?
>>
>>52043729
The game is balanced at 50ss, the further from that you get the more unbalanced it is.
>>
File: order copy.png (574KB, 666x1184px) Image search: [Google]
order copy.png
574KB, 666x1184px
>>51963393

"Hello Anon!"
Thank you for your order! Sleeve your stat cards and mark wounds with an OH-pen. Good luck with resurecitonists!

// Anon"

I like this store already. They sent extra sleeves for my cards that I hadn't even ordered.
>>
>>52044257
That's adorable
>>
File: M2E LOS.png (1MB, 1333x763px) Image search: [Google]
M2E LOS.png
1MB, 1333x763px
>>52038307
>>52042017
>I don't think we need a 3e
Agreed.

>2e has a few issues (vantage...)

I actually think the elevation/LOS rules are the only game-breaking flaw, or at least the only one I bump up against more than once a blue moon.
They really are dogshit rules.
Is there any reason they couldn't move to Infinity-style silhouettes?

Balance is always a work in progress, and the whole industry is moving fairly successfully to that always being an ongoing responsive process.
The power of activation control is a part of that - as was mentioned up-thread, the new Schemes and upgrades are doing something to mitigate the issue, while the fact that cheap activations are usually crap, while extra activations in-game are usually expensive, sort of balances itself.

>>52044257
That's one happy Yan.
A Yan Hi, if you will.
>>
>>52044947
My issue with Infinity's silhouettes is that they are really finicky. Maybe ruling that everything is a cylinder would be OK, and let people add part of their height to the range when targeting something on a vantage point. You are right that there is no need for 3E right now. At most we are looking at 2.5.
>>
Why does Wyrd like Easter so much?
>>
>>52044818
Agreed, I did not expect this and had a heartily laugh over it.

>>52044947
>A Yan Hi, if you will.
Nice

Also why does Izamu have a face component? All the art shows him with no face since he's a ghost? Will it look weird if I don't use the face part?
>>
>>52044947
>They really are dogshit rules.
Could you explain what's wrong with the los rules? Or what you don't like?

They're a bit complex, but after dealing with 40k's "true line of sight" they were refreshingly clear cut.
>>
File: Arcane_effify_3.jpg (444KB, 800x740px) Image search: [Google]
Arcane_effify_3.jpg
444KB, 800x740px
>>52045148
>They're a bit complex, but after dealing with 40k's "true line of sight" they were refreshingly clear cut.
Oddly I think we think the exact opposite on this.
TLOS, janky though it may be for dynamic sculpts etc. etc., is dead simple - if you can see it, you can see it, and if you can see less than half, it's in cover.

Malifaux arbitrarily deciding only the height of the shooter is relevant means you can see The Dreamer (Ht1) standing right behind a wall (Ht1) even though you would naturally logically assume that things the same height will block sight.
It is a bit 'cleaner' for tournament play and such, but there must be a better way.

My problems lie more with the Elevation rules than LOS specifically though, which is why I think silhouettes might be better.

>>52045087
Is it not a mask?
>>
File: izamu.jpg (412KB, 1500x900px) Image search: [Google]
izamu.jpg
412KB, 1500x900px
>>52045262
I dunno man, looks like an entire face with head (and also a mempo) to me.
>>
>>52045262
The problem is that TLOS isn't just janky, but it leads to a lot of arbitrary bullshit. Malifaux has a big focus on tournament play so using Ht values just makes sense. I think that the only problem with elevation rules is the inability of models to reach up and attack anything on a vantage point. IE a guild guard parked next to a 2" cliff with another model on it cannot reach up the cliff. But if the thing on the cliff has a melee attack, then it can actually engage the guardsman.
>>
>>52045322
I always assumed you could attack up, adding your attack range to your height for trying to hit shit above you.
>>
File: Burt Jebsen done.jpg (54KB, 800x768px) Image search: [Google]
Burt Jebsen done.jpg
54KB, 800x768px
>>52045322
Elevation in engagement is a bummer, yes.
I think your example is fine though - you can crouch and sword down off a ledge, but you can't effectively jump and sword up a cliff.
Even so, I think it's accounted for in the rules; don't you subtract your height from the elevation and then subtract that fom your reach?
I'm sure I saw something to that effect in the rules forum.
>>
>>52045392
It's just base to base.
>>
File: Engagement Elevation.png (142KB, 525x284px) Image search: [Google]
Engagement Elevation.png
142KB, 525x284px
>>52045322
>>52045392
>>52045940
>>52046279
Never mind, I'm retarded, the Guild Guard can't attack.
You only ignore the elevation if you are taller than the difference, not equal.

I maintain that being able to attack down onto someone's head easier than up at some feet does make some sense though.
Thread posts: 282
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.