[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Role playing having amnesia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: shit just got unreal.jpg (390KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
shit just got unreal.jpg
390KB, 1200x900px
My character just lost all his memories except for a climatic fight where he defeats a BBEG but gets mind controlled into killing his best friend. He wakes up to see said friend and another person he does't know. the Cherry on top is the friend doesn't remember my character.

I'm not sure how to RP any of this, as I no longer know I'm a wanted swashbuckling pirate who owes a dragon a backlog of gold. I don't know my history or morality. Heck I don't even know If I'm in the right timeline anymore. Please help.
>>
File: 1478611418093.png (4MB, 2250x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1478611418093.png
4MB, 2250x1050px
>>51896540
>Become depressed
>Drink to excess ever session
>Kill yourself
>Reroll a new sheet
>>
>>51896540
Put on a dressing gown, act continually bewildered that the universe insists on being insane and illogical, intentionally misunderstand all explanations given to you, and obsess about tea and towels a lot. Wait for the party to catch on that you're RPing as Arthur Dent.
>>
>>51896540
First move; Figure out if your character wants to find his past self, or establish a new self.

If it is the first, you should attempt to backtrack your steps. Look for clues in the bad guy's lair. Visit the nearby settlement and see if anybody remembers you.

If it is the latter, move far away quickly. The past that you do not know may catch up to you; And that is dangerous. See exotic lands and make new friends and enemies; try to forget about the uncertainty of the past.

You also need to decide if their personality is the same or if they've changed, and if so; how.
>>
File: IMG_0461.jpg (29KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0461.jpg
29KB, 300x300px
>>51896540
>pic is your brain
>>
>>51896649
>Roll 1 on suicide attempt
>Get amnesia
>>
>>51896540
I'd suggest watching the Bourne Identity as a first step. May give you some ideas.
>>
>>51896540
Have the character fight on instinct and take him in a new direction. Have a sword? A Monk recognizes the sword and asks the character where they learned to use it. After explaining the amnesia, the Monk teaches the former pirate how to fight like a Shaolin Monk with weapons.
Was the Pirate pillaging anything he came across? Maybe now he fights to free people from the oppression of others.

He can still keep the same pirate colors but trades the outlandish stuff in for more simple robes.

At night, when this character is sleeping, he's haunted by nightmares of seeing this other person (the pirate) doing things he'd never do. Now, believing this is a vision of something that must be corrected, sets out on a journey to stop this Pirate from doing such horrible things to innocent people.

Something like that would give you an avenue to retrace some old story threads but with a different spin. In addition, it could allow your character to return to his former ways if you wanted to.
>>
>>51896540
Why don't you just ask your DM what your character still knows?
>>
>>51896540
Man awakens in an old room holding lamp in hands, from the lamp emerges a genie and tells the man that there's still one wish left and he's ready to hear whatever it should be.
Man is most confused, can't make any sense of it and so he says "I wish to know who I really am."
"So be it." Says the genie. "But wasn't this your first wish?"
>>
>BBEG

triggered because tism.
>>
>>51896540
Isn't this just Fire emblem Awakening?
>>
>>51900103

Stop forcing this shit meme. No one cares.
>>
>>51898996
>op here
I did, I remember the last fight with a BBEG where my friend was there and I killed her, cause mind control. I think I got shunted into the past.
>>
>>51901653
>op
Never played it.
>>
>>51902040
It's tough because I don't know who your character is. The question you're basically asking is "how much do memories affect someone's personality?"
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.