[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Easy-to-make powder replicates 1st-level spell effects

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1453921038832.jpg (146KB, 1280x558px) Image search: [Google]
1453921038832.jpg
146KB, 1280x558px
In a fantasy world, alchemists have discovered a very simple formula for a powder that when burned, it replicates the effects of a 1st-level spell. The process and materials are simple and abundant enough that the spell-powder is now commonly used in warfare or local conflicts by armed groups of all kinds.

Dubs decides the spell.

Pic unrelated.
>>
Identify
>>
>>51892789
Burning Hands
>>
Unseen Servant
>>
magic missile
>>
>>51892789
Grease.
>>
>>51892789
magic missile
>>
File: 1471102489669.png (1MB, 652x1000px)
1471102489669.png
1MB, 652x1000px
Does it get any better than Infernal Healing at CL 1?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/i/infernal-healing/
>>
>>51893399
>99
Welp. I'm not sure what's worse, the implication of fountains of unholy water or the breeding of demon cattle.
>>
File: 137593505136.jpg (14KB, 240x320px)
137593505136.jpg
14KB, 240x320px
>>51893399
>Pathfinder
>Anime Loli
>>
>>51893399
Holy shit that's brutal. Well OP, it's been decided.

Hard Mode: religious implications of this spell being so commonly available to the masses now
>>
>>51892789
Find familiar.
>Everyone has familiars to help them in day to day tasks
>Familiars are used in war to deliver important messages and spy on shit
>>
>>51893480
Not sure if it will have many religious implications, I mean the powder replicates the spell effects, right? So there's no need for the blood or the water
>>
>>51893499
You can base a campaign around this shit. Maybe the formula was revealed to the alchemists by devils as part of a long running plan to sway large swathes of the populace to evil as the hell-based powder replaces traditional forms of healing such as town priests and clergy. As it becomes more common, the people just sort of accept it and slowly begin to think devils are just part of the natural order of things. And when they do that, the bargaining of souls becomes much easier. Or maybe it just straight up corrodes the soul if you don't like moral ambiguity.

Go full conspiracy nut with this.
>>
>>51893637
So the people know it was all the devils from the start? or was it discovered later but the benefits were too good to really care about morals?
>>
>>51893729
Probably the latter, but it's your campaign man, I'm just throwing ideas at you.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.