[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 406
Thread images: 39

File: MM-Zombie-Beholder.jpg (479KB, 1500x2192px) Image search: [Google]
MM-Zombie-Beholder.jpg
479KB, 1500x2192px
>New Unearthed Arcana: Mass Combat
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/2017_UAMassCombat_MCUA_v1.pdf

>Don't forget to fill out the official survey for Warlocks and Wizards.
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/2c8ddcde043d

>New Plane Shift: Kaladesh
http://media.wizards.com/2017/downloads/magic/Plane-Shift_Kaladesh.pdf

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
https://mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Last time on /5eg/
>>51878353

How do the undead influence your setting?
>>
There's one city state/small region ruled by an upper class of undead, but they mostly keep to themselves

More broadly, the presence of undead has made good-aligned necromancers valuable assets, cause they can take control of, and thus pacify, undead controlled by more evil necromancers.
>>
>>51883511
>How do the undead influence your setting?

A female vampire rules the criminal underworld, surrounded and protected by her spawn. No one wants to take her on directly because she's so lethal, but because she keeps to her crypt, she's been slowly losing her grip on business throughout the city.
>>
How does this look as a system to determine DCs for Intelligence checks to recall crucial information about creatures?
>apply appropriate proficiency depending on creature's type
>DC equals 10 + CR
I'm aware this makes the DC for some powerful creatures reach 30 and above, but I guess it makes sense most people wouldn't know much factual information about things that powerful and that interested in keeping their weaknesses secret.
>>
>>51883511
There's a Hispaniola sized island that due to magical ether fuckery actually makes large numbers of undead hordes viable. There's currently a civil war between the people who want necromancy regulated and the "Necromancy did nothing wrong" folks.
>>
I should have my first 5th game in two weeks, are there some mechanical traps I should be wary of ?
I'll probably play a Great Old One Warlock with pact of the blade, because it sounds fun.
>>
I forget, is using hellfire an evil act?
>>
>>51883511

In Not!France undead are posing a problem for the peasants. High end nobility dgaf, Knights only protect their own lands, wizards are being torn apart politically and pulled in every direction, and the church is becoming more militant and less healing in order to fight the undead. Middle class lords are becoming reliant on mercenaries and adventurers to deal with the undead. A couple quest ideas I have for Not!France are some simple dungeon delves with undead to players having to close portals to the undead realms to players cutting a deal with the Raven Queen to herd the undead to her resting grounds.
>>
Has anyone designed a low/zero gravity encounter? Players will be fighting in a gladiator pit in space and I'm looking for ideas..
>>
>>51883664
Speaking as a GOO Bladelock myself, be aware that the 14th level ability does NOT allow you to mindcontrol someone.

It means they can't harm you (can harm your party though) and you get advantage on persuading them, and you can talk to them from anywhere. They're still able to go and get this curse removed and take revenge, though.

Other than that, cool shit. If you're going Bladelock you may wish to multiclass with something to get other melee combat abilities, but at level 5 you can cast darkness and have the Devil's Sight invocation and you get free advantage on everything.
>>
>>51883482
So, any opinions on this or more metamagic options in general?
>>
Posted in old thread
>>51883194
>>51883817 (First post)

And also >str barbarian can multiclass rogue too
They can, but they can't use GWM/PAM, which is strength's main selling point.
Strength barbarogue is for grappling and a bit more damage with two-weapon-fighting, dex barbarogue is for AC. I wouldn't say any is 'the best', it depends on if you want excessive tankiness or grappling shenanigans or if you want to be full-on strength rogue for GWM+PAM.
>>
My DM is asking for each player to think of a secret about their character. Any ideas? I'm having trouble thinking of a good one
>>
>>51883856
>Full-on strength rogue
Fuck.
I meant barbarian.
>>
>>51883619
>40% of people are aware that the shell of a Flail Snail deflects magic.
>30% of people are even aware of what an Umber Hulk is, rather than instantly forgetting what it even is.

I think there's a couple of problems here.

>>51883843
Metamagic is fine. The 17th level feature is still too powerful.
>>
>>51883883
>still
How so? And why "still"? I didn't get criticism on it from last thread and I've never seen any on it for lore wizard, there was always worse shit to talk about.
>>
File: Undead Race.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Undead Race.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51883511
Homebrew for playing skellingtons (or any other non-lich undead, for that matter).

That +4 to Con might scare ya, but they pay for that by losing out on ASI:s and not being able to heal or rest. They're gonna need those Hit Points, because no going back to full on long rests (that's just 8 hit dice to be rolled, without Constitution bonus).

Undead body has way too much shit at its current, but... Undeath is a big deal!

Should I actually divide it up to multiple things, such as "The Dead Know no Rest", "Eternally Bound" and "Unholy"
>>
>>51883898
Because it's a better version of Wish, and Wish should not have a better version.
>>
File: DD-Book-Cover-Shot.png (1MB, 1050x741px) Image search: [Google]
DD-Book-Cover-Shot.png
1MB, 1050x741px
Are there any official 5e solo adventures? IIRC 4e had one at least
>>
>>51883826
Okay, thanks for the feedback, I'll look into multiclassing even though I quite like being alright at some things and not top in only one.
>>
>>51883765

I would drop this idea and just have another pit/terrain danger. With zero G not only are you having to deal with weightlessness, moving in 3 dimensions, and not really having a move speed, but player orientation compared to others is going to be way too complex to track.
>>
>>51883954
Well, if sorcerers get all their metamagic by 10, which they should, what would recommend to get as their level 17 feature?
>>
>>51883868
Depends what your character is, but here's a few deep, dark ideas:

>He had an older brother he was close to, but he died to illness when the PC was young. He doesn't talk about it, and if he has to, he's distant and sad.
>When he was younger, he saw a noble fall off a horse, with no one else around. The noble fell unconscious, and instead of helping, he stole the man's ring to pay for food for his family. He's felt conflicted ever since.
>When he was younger, he captured, killed, and dissected animals to find out how they worked. Now he's older, he knows that's a sign of darkness within him, and is wary for further signs, meaning he's more likely to be more ruthless when it comes to purging evil.
>He broke his leg once, and it became infected and didn't heal properly. A passing warlock was called on to repair it, but in a fever dream he saw the warlock sacrificing children as part of his magic, and he wonders what sort of man it was who saved him.
>>
>>51883868
While seeming like a normal person on the outside on the inside you like to disguise self and pretend to be a Tabaxi or Dragonborn when nobody is looking.
>>
>>51883669

depends on "how you're using it" and "what for"

"selling your soul for the power of hell fire" to "save a basket full of orphan puppy angels" isn't evil act, while "stealing the power of hell lords that would otherrwise be used to ravish the innocent" in order to "set an orphanage on fire" however, probably is.
>>
>>51883511
>How do the undead influence your setting?

Vampires are engaged in war against a zombie who is basically destroying their pantries.
>>
>>51883981
You don't /have/ to. It's just a suggestion for keeping Bladelock viable. Bear in mind that Eldritch Blast is what Warlock's built around, so Bladelocks have to work a little bit harder to keep in line with the rest of the party.

This is less true if your DM's cool and lets you have the Warlock and Wizard invocations. The Pact Weapon upgrades there will help significantly, and if you go with more of a Strength build, you can get a cool flail and some great GOO abilities.

Didn't mean to discourage you. GOO Bladelocks have plenty of utility available, and it lets you use the SCAG cantrips with your melee weapon, which are great.
>>
>>51883765
I can think of some rules at least.

>When stationary and don't posses a fly or hover speed, you cannot move unless there is an object within 5ft. When you use your movement you can make a jump, and continue moving along until your path is blocked. You may not take the dash action unless you encounter another object.

>When jumping off an object you may not turn or change direction unless you have an object within 5 feet of you.

>When being shoved the total distance of he shove is how far you move at he beginning of your turn until an object comes within 5 feet of you so you may stop yourself.

Throw in maps with 3D aspect, cover, open areas, throw in things with a hover/fly speed, or insanely good jump.
>>
>>51883869

Conan was a rogue
>>
>>51883619
As said in a previous thread, a creature's power isn't directly correlated with it's rarity. There are powerful and well known things, the same way there's weak but rare creatures.
If you come into this situation just think about how common the creature is in your setting and put an adequate DC, like 10-15-20 common-uncommon-rare and if it's something ultrarare the party has to do some questing to get the information, like getting access to a great library, searching for an expert on this kind of creature, gathering rumors and legends from folks.
Make stuff interactive, you know.
>>
>>51883868
I always liked the idea of a character being regarded as a genius due to when they bested some previously considered genius or reigning champion, only to one day confide in someone that, upon reflecting on their match, their winning blow came from a blind spot the champion left open because he was, not underestimating, but OVERestimating them. The champion thought so far ahead of his opponent, it left him open to a fatal blow that the character thought at the time was the result of their own tactics succeeding.

The champion being gone, the victor has only his own mind to debate the matter on. Is he thinking too hard? Does this fact invalidate his win? If he had been smarter, would he have had the opportunity to see the blind spot, or would he have fallen into the champion's trap, and no longer be among the living? Should I tell people? Does it matter? He'll never fully be satisfied.
>>
Anyone here like reading character lore/backgrounds? I went a bit autistic, so it's longer than I intended, but whatever.

http://pastebin.com/4X0t9nNq
>>
Great Old One warlock here, is it worth going Tome if we already have a (illusion) wizard in the party?

I'm not sure if it's a great idea because we can copy each other's books, or a terrible idea since there are only 4 of us and we can't afford much redundancy.
>>
Just woke up.

>>51881631
Non-darkvision would still get advantage. The dim light the spell gives off would make the target lightly obscure to normal sight, rather than heavily obscured. After the disdavantage is outright removed by that aspect, then the advantage is added in.

>>51882413
There's not much more to elaborate on. The DM decided the official Kobold race wasn't "weak enough" and decided that a kobold could never every be much smarter, more charismatic, or more wise than the average human. So he told me my kobold statline would be rolled at 3d6 drop lowest rather than 4d6 drop lowest.

In his words "if you want to play an NPC, you'll roll your stats like an NPC"
>>
There are undead of every race, though non-humans have a strange bias towards zombies rather than skeletons.

I'm trying to make something with a fairly low intelligence and high wis into a caster of some sort. What's the best way to mix templates like druid/priest with a monster that has its own stats? Just give it the spellcasting feature?
>>
>>51884344
oh also, I changed the subject of his bond from "the old ones" to "the cosmos"
>>
>>51884410

Consider the following:

You're not taking bladelock, so it comes down to whether you want familiar or tome.

You can roleplay for more powerful familiars, as can the DM fiat more powerful familiars by expending higher level spell slots, but you can't roleplay for the benefits of the tome.

Aditionally, pact of the Tome gives you both Find Familiar, and Shillelagh, which significantly reduce Pact of Blade and Chain's marginal benefits.

And as a quite minor benefit, you can copy each other's spellbooks, but if you loose both of yours, you can just reconjure yours back and let him copy a new one off of yours (the rituals anyway)

So personally, I'd say Tome the crap out of your pact. If you don't prefer to just cash out right now and go Bard the rest of the way instead.
>>
>>51884429
>"if you want to play an NPC, you'll roll your stats like an NPC"

I'd do it, just to spite the DM and force him to regret it.

I'd fucking turn the whole table against him, and have them bully the DM for you in less than four sessions.

Play a significantly important class, have the party depend on you, and constantly suck at critical times where you can "blame your stats" without blaming the DM (even though every one gets the message)
>>
>>51884489

Oh, and on top of that, you can get all the rituals that the wizard cant get, which is still something.
>>
File: bb.jpg (58KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
bb.jpg
58KB, 595x842px
>>51884344
>>51884470
Dunno man he kind of strikes me as a kind of guy that would end up awooing at the moon while wearing a bird cage instead of a hat.
>oh also, I changed the subject of his bond from "the old ones" to "the cosmos"
well OF COURSE!
>>
>>51884429
Go diviner wizard, be Portent abusive. Make your stats no longer matter because you can turn anything to your advantage when it matters.

Take Lucky Feat. Fuck him up.
>>
>>51884593
I was kinda using micolash as an inspiration, to be honest. At least partially. Supposed to be a similar character. Except he doesn't turn into a nightmare host.
>>
File: local hunter acquires vision.png (339KB, 531x349px) Image search: [Google]
local hunter acquires vision.png
339KB, 531x349px
>>51884609
>he wants to resist the joy that is to behold the divine
And don't even get me started on the beastly idiots you'd have to endure partying with.
>>
>>51884536
At this point I have plenty of minor stories of just general irritations with this DM.

I'm still in this game because I like two of the players I'm with, but we as a group of three are just deciding to grab a few of our other friends and start our own group.

Besides the random faerie fire nerf and the race stuff, we've also had constant taunting of "Oh man, if you didn't do X you could've had so much cool stuff!"

He also made his entire own currency for the setting, the chart for which was inaccurate for the first time we traded. When he noted that we got ripped off on something, I just thought it'd be nice if we had any kind of frame of reference for this shit, but we don't.

He insists on us micromanaging everything while we slog through some shitty hills for 4 sessions. We keep track of food and water for everything, as well as food spoiling if it's raw, he uses proper plant names for things we find as if we're meant to know what they are and what they do OOC and IC (I just look them up). He never skips to the destination of a journey. It's always a daily slog where we track food and water and night watch and fire or no fire every single day, for hours of a session.

He complains when we kill a particular NPC, and notes that we didn't even try to talk to them. It's sorta hard to talk to an NPC that immediately put an arrow in my leg.

The first time we tried to talk to an NPC and it worked, the guy betrayed us the next night. He really does not incentivize not just murdering everyone we meet.

Somebody ragequit in the second or third session over him simply saying "If you don't like it, don't play." The longer I've been in this group, the more I realize that person made the right choice.
>>
Anons? Hopefully a simple question... would you consider any of the following spell concepts to fit the Necromancy school, by D&D rules?

Bugbite: Launch a buzzing cloud of bloodmotes (undead mosquitoes and carnivorous flies) at a target, whom they chew upon viciously before expiring.

Wailing Wall: Create an ethereal wall of screaming, phantasmal visages. Anything that tries to walk through the wall gets slowed and takes constant necrotic damage whilst in proximity.

Pestilent Rain: Summon a storm that rains noxious filth and diseased fluids over an area, affecting a group of victims as per the Contagion spell.

Horrendous Shriek: Unleash a blood-chilling wail so loud that bones shatter and heads burst. Can be used in a shorter, more powerful cone or a larger, less powerful sphere.

Exhalation from the Grave: Spew a gout of thick, choking, poisonous fumes.

Breath from the Tomb: Exhale a gust of blood-chilling wind with enough strength to knock a victim flying.

Hand of the Mummy: Slug a foe with a cursed fist, dealing significant bludgeoning damage and potentially infecting them with Mummy's Rot.

Proclamation of Doom: Speak a baleful curse that can inflict Mummy's Rot on all victims within a sphere centered on you.

Toll the Reaper's Bell: Summon the bell of a soul reaper and strike it to unleash a wave of powerful necrotic energy around you. Concentration can sustain it for up to 1 minute, unleashing a new pulse every round.

Decompose: Attempt to break down a victim's flesh by inflicting entropic energies, melting them where they stand. Basically Disintegrate, but lower amounts of Acid + Necrotic typed damage.

Virulent Putrefaction: Higher-level Decompose variant, victim explodes in acid splatter if slain.
>>
>>51883843
I think the second option is underpowered, it's very expensive to use. The 17th level feature should let you swap out a known spell for another castable spell once each rest. Making it any spell and when needed is too much I think.
>>
Every day until you like it.
>>
>>51884695
A lot of these sound like spells that already exist in some manner and/or spells from other schools that have simply had their flavor rewritten to make them sound like Necromancy spells.
>>
Wouldit be wise to multiclass sorceror as a paladin if my DM's canpaigns dont go much farther than level 12?
>>
I posted the link in the previous thread since someone asked for it but I didn't realize that a new thread was made.

Here's the Epic Characters .pdf, it's an old one (1.2) and I couldn't find the newest (1.3) though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/afowvtvbmzw1lau/Epic%20Characters.pdf?dl=0
>>
>>51883937
Too complicated. Lots of features don't need to be there. The race that I posted in the previous thread was better. t. mrbones.png
Increasing Con by 4 is weird and less effective at keeping them alive than giving them Undead Fortitude. Getting your secondary ASI from your previous race is a nice touch.
Undead Senses doesn't need to be there.
Undead Countenance doesn't need to be there.
Why is undead body loaded up with so much fucking weird shit?
>can't rest and regens miniscule amounts of HP hourly, making them a useless burden upon any party due to not being able to sustain themselves through even the longest adventuring days
>their ability score increases get gimped for some reason, because they need to be even more useless?
>lol it's fine that I'm worthless in most fights guys, I don't have to make death saves so there's no way I'll just die and be replaced by a better character
>>
Guys how does this sound for a BBEG + Team

>Undead 15 Battlemaster With armor that will revive it after 1d10 days if not destroyed in a special way
>Human Vengeance Paladin 7/Assassin 7
>Human Thief 7 / Wild Magic 7
>Human Death Domain 7 /Fiend Tomelock 7
>>
>>51884695

>Bugbite: Launch a buzzing cloud of bloodmotes (undead mosquitoes and carnivorous flies) at a target, whom they chew upon viciously before expiring.
If the flies are undead, sure. Otherwise probably conjuration.

>Wailing Wall: Create an ethereal wall of screaming, phantasmal visages. Anything that tries to walk through the wall gets slowed and takes constant necrotic damage whilst in proximity.
Walls are pretty much evocation or (in the case of Prismatic Wall) abjuration.

>Pestilent Rain: Summon a storm that rains noxious filth and diseased fluids over an area, affecting a group of victims as per the Contagion spell.
Inflicts disease, so sounds good.

>Horrendous Shriek: Unleash a blood-chilling wail so loud that bones shatter and heads burst. Can be used in a shorter, more powerful cone or a larger, less powerful sphere.
I think this might be evocation.

>Exhalation from the Grave: Spew a gout of thick, choking, poisonous fumes.
Conjuration, also Cloudkill

>Breath from the Tomb: Exhale a gust of blood-chilling wind with enough strength to knock a victim flying.
Evocation, gust of wind

>Hand of the Mummy: Slug a foe with a cursed fist, dealing significant bludgeoning damage and potentially infecting them with Mummy's Rot.
Necromancy, inflicts disease

>Proclamation of Doom: Speak a baleful curse that can inflict Mummy's Rot on all victims within a sphere centered on you.
Necromancy

>Toll the Reaper's Bell: Summon the bell of a soul reaper and strike it to unleash a wave of powerful necrotic energy around you. Concentration can sustain it for up to 1 minute, unleashing a new pulse every round.
Necromancy

>Decompose: Attempt to break down a victim's flesh by inflicting entropic energies, melting them where they stand. Basically Disintegrate, but lower amounts of Acid + Necrotic typed damage.
Necromancy

>Virulent Putrefaction: Higher-level Decompose variant, victim explodes in acid splatter if slain.

Necromancy
>>
>>51885113
The battle will be over in 2 turns
Don't use PC rules for making enemies
>>
>>51885022
I just cobbled it together in two hours, and I've actually adjusted many features afterwards. I divided Undead Body to like... Five different features, and they can be excluded or included when needed. In the end, they have about as many features as the Drow.

In the back of my mind, this also came up as an idea for lower-level resurrection. You would get gimped because you were resurrected improperly (mid-game) with the Animate Dead spell.

It's still very much work in progress though. Also, they regen health passively even when travelling, so while others would need to take a short rest, they can just keep on doing things indefinitely, their regen can be used in combat too.

Undead Fortitude sounds nice, though. I'll try to see what I can do.

>Undead Senses doesn't need to be there
Well, it's like the Drow's Sunlight sensitivity except it doesn't hinder your combat capabilities. Somehow skellingtons never seem to roam during days? Eh, it's a minor thing to remove.

>Undead countenance doesn't need to be there
Well, I guess it doesn't need to be there, similarly like Tieflings have their mistrust just as a sidebar basically.

I added Constitution modifier to the regeneration. With the +4 they get to Constitution, suddenly the regen isn't that bad. And remember, they get 24 Hit dice regen (or how long are days in Faerun?) every day, now with Con bonus. That's nothing to sneeze at. Suddenly even +3 in Con (not even unrealistic, they get +4 to it) is 72 HP every day regenned, and that's before all the rolls.

The ASI:s are gimped because you are not supposed to stay as a skellington forever. You get +5 total in your stats, other races (save for normal humans), get 2-4. Up until 12th level, you're basically on par with the ASI:s with most of the party. And on the next ASI at 16th, it's almost guaranteed that you can soon get True Resurrected or Wished to life. So the Gimping is actually not THAT bad.

And I mean. Undead are not living. They're different.
>>
>>51885188
Over in two turns in the meaning that the PCs will die or...
>>
My first RPG buy (other than dice) which is the Player's Handbook will be here in a few days. Gonna read it back to back 10 times probably. : 3
>>
It's not a real question, but with the additions made by UA, what's better? A Sorceror, or a Warlock? In terms of options and play style.

>>51885276
Basically, Rocket Tag.
>>
>>51884939
It's never a bad idea if it's for the character building, but it's a bad idea cause nobody asked for a subtle spell divine favor.
>>
>>51884002
Exploding dice on spell damage rolls, up to your CHA modifier-number of dice.
>>
>>51883511

Dwarves in my campaign world are constantly under siege fighting for valuable underground space, and often fighting a losing war of attrition. Eventually they reached a point when they were all but forced to put their morality aside and not toss away valuable resources - they started bringing back their fallen as undead to bolster their numbers.

Over time the practice became much more accepted and even respected and honored. The fallen are given elaborate ceremonies, they're treated like mummies in a sense that rise back up and help the community. Now its a volunteer practice and almost everyone does volunteer kinda like organ donation.

This has served to further broaden the rift between dwarves and elves who find this practice to be an abomination where the dwarves (now) see it as a cultural honor.
>>
>>51885256
yes i will definitely be playing to 17th level and get there in a timely fashion

The problem with the regenerating HP thing isn't that it doesn't get con, it's that rolling a single hit dice per hour results in less healing when it counts than five or six hit dice for one hour. The fighting in an adventuring day happens in a condensed frame of time.
>>
>>51885306
Hmmmm....Well i'm sticking to my guns the undead guy has Death Knight like stats and legendary actions so i'm okay with this choice.
>>
>>51884695
Just because you're a Necromancer doesn't mean you can only cast Necromancy spells. Grim Harvest heals you more when you kill someone with a Necromancy spell but that's pretty much it.
>>
>>51885283
Congrats.
>>
>>51885433
: 333
>>
>>51885398
That's true. That's why I added the Constitution mod. Though, the passive regen does work, because expect a what, 9 hour adventuring day. Even if others take no rest during it, you still gain 9 hit dice, and if combat happens, you usually have one saved so you can actually regen mid-combat.
>>
File: Curseborn 1.0.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Curseborn 1.0.pdf
1B, 486x500px
I made an undead race, once.
>>
>>51885341
>>51884796
Hmm
I like both
I prefer exploding dice because I see sorcerer as magic shotgun but switching spells on a short rest is probably more useful and makes it so that the level 20 sorc isn't stuck with his shit forever.
>>
what are you favourite one-shot concepts? I'm thinking of hitting my players with a few of them to break up the monotony or during sessions where 1 player can't make it.
>>
I want to run a cyber punk campaign, and my players are too lazy to learn a new system. How do I do this in 5e?
>>
>>51885633
http://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/UA_ModernMagic.pdf
>>
Guys How does one RP a barb in a non heavy combat gaming
>>
>>51885604
>your characters must use their imaginations to help sell truly ridiculous weapons
>your party is hired to act as ushers and guards for mummers during a particularly controversial play
>a fourth-born prince offers to pay the party to give him a "walkthrough," adventure because he has such small chances of inheriting
>beach episode
>>
>>51883937
This is complete garbage. Why the fuck would anyone play as a near-mindless undead, anyway? They could barely do anything besides attacka nd follow orders.

>>51884344
Pretty good, I like him.

>>51884991
> no epic spells
> more boring 4e-type class "features" with try-hard names that sound cool but are actually boring shit

Dropped.
>>
>>51885188
>>51885276
Yeah. 5e is fucking awfully designed in terms of rules consistency. This is one of my biggest issues with the game. It is inconsistent. NPCs are suddenly special. You can't have a 7th level wizard NPC without doing your own special fucktarded rules. And multiclassing is all fucked up like back in AD&D.

5e has a few good ideas but overall it really isn't a very good game. It does it's job, but under the hood it's shitty for the kind of system D&D is meant to be. Monster creation in 5e is great, but NPC creation in 5e just sucks absolute shit. You can't even have interesting NPCs because they don't have classes. Classes are ONLY for PCs. Again, no consistency. And the class features basically define your characters since feats are such shite, and there are so few of them. So the result is, chargen has been absolutely buttfucked. The only point to the system, then, is the in-play entertainment. Which is not really any better than another system. Merals even said he wanted to focus less on chargen discussion and more on "epickk nat20 lmao XD" anecdotes, in terms of how 5e is discussed. Which is fine, but interesting chargen was one of the few advantages that D&D had left as a system.
>>
>>51885604
>the party is hired to augment the bodyguard of a young noble during Carnival
>a court episode: case of mistaken identity for one of the party members, and the others must prove their innocence
>a tournament
>>
Anons? Long story short, want to run a game in the Feywild, and that means I need to homebrew some fae race options for the game. I'm more or less okay with this, but quick question:

Would you have both dryads and hamadryads as PC options?

Or does it make more sense to stick to 4e's fluff, where hamadryads are the intermediate point between dryad and nymph and so they can actually leave their trees to go adventuring, whilst dryads are too solidly rooted to go around doing shit like that?
>>
>>51885645
I've been playing an overly friendly Dwarven Barbarian. He has low Cha, so I make a point of being so friendly it starts to get awkward.
>>
>>51885715
...You do know that "PCs and NPCs run on different rules" is like, the original way to do things? That shit goes all the way back to AD&D 1e at the least, 3rd edition's the only time that PCs and all NPCs tried to run on the same rules framework.
>>
>>51885715
>You can't have a 7th level wizard NPC without doing your own special fucktarded rules
There are rules in the DMG for giving NPCs class levels, what the fuck are you on about
>>
>>51884923
Should be a monk archetype, really.
>>
Player wants to play lore tradition wizard or blood hunter:

https://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/20170213_Wizrd_Wrlck_UAv2_i48nf.pdf

http://geekandsundry.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Blood-Hunter-Class-1.2.pdf

Lore mage seems pretty overpowered with the at will damage type switching, so I'm thinking of vetoing that. Blood hunter, however, doesn't seem all that powerful, and I was considering allowing it. Anyone have experience with either of these classes?
>>
What's a good source from which to draw a hierarchy of military ranks?
>>
>>51885769
The wide consensus is that lore wizard is so obviously broken, so obviously takes a giant dump on sorcerer, that Crawford should be fired for even thinking it was ready to be presented to the public. Lore wizard is d&dwiki levels of stupid.

Blood hunter is good.
>>
>>51885769
Blood hunter was made by Matt Mercer

I trust that man
>>
>>51885796
Yeah, my feelings exactly.
>>
>>51885728
i mean I was planning to play a warforged barb of the storm
>>
>>51885811
Read the Races of Eberron 3e book section on Warforged. That book is full of good shit for all 4 Eberron races.
>>
>>51883971
Bump this
>>
>>51885604
>PCs are offered cash to train a local militia for a known conflict coming
>party must find an ancient soothsayer in a dangerous stretch of mountain; the reasons are up to you
>>
>>51882550
>Javelins are a pain because they don't work well with multiattack.
I'll be that guy.
Any DM that doesn't tell the ABSOLUTELY FUCKING RETARDED DRAW RESTRICTIONS TO FUCK OFF doesn't deserve to have a game to run.
>hurrrr you can fire nine arrows in one round
>hurrrr you can rip a giant axe off your back and smack someone 2-3 times no problem
>but GOD FORBID you throw more than one javelin in a round or draw two daggers from your hips at the start of combat without a fucking feat
>>
>>51885676
They do have free will? And I revised it in >>51885256.

No need to follow normal undead rules so slavishly.
>>
File: 1403297295350.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1403297295350.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
>>51883651
>There's currently a civil war between the people who want necromancy regulated and the "Necromancy did nothing wrong" folks.

Intriguing. Please expound.
>>
Do you lads make your own encounter sheets? What are yours?
>>
>>51886186
I usually create several encounters in several different areas that the players might stumble across if they go certain ways. Usually rather detailed as well.
>>
>>51886008
Houserule: Weapons with the 'thrown' property may be drawn as though they were ammunition. Done.
>>
>>51885796
this
>>
>>51885800
>trusting McCree
>>
>>51886271
This is a pretty great idea.
>>
>>51886162
can this anon continue?
>>
File: 280691432207941632.png (12KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
280691432207941632.png
12KB, 112x112px
>forever DM for group of friends
>one of them creating a new character
>just picks the race he finds funny and some class
>doesnt give any backstory
>doesnt give any motivations the character is striving towards
>has no affiliation with past characters, in-world characters, or the current party
>no specific personality for the character
>does this with every character he ever makes
>tags along with the party aimlessly with no real reason to be doing anything he is doing
>always getting questioned in-character by the rest of the party why he is ever there
>"is there any specific way in particular you want introduced?"
>"i dont care make something up"

I suppose if this is all these kind of players want, sure, but its hard to integrate them into the group without it feeling weird for the rest of the players. Any other DMs handled these type of players more effectively?
>>
>>51884489
How about bladelock? How do they compare to the others?

My DM will probably let me switch patrons since we're only one session deep, if it comes down to it.
>>
>>51886373
>After selling off the dragon parts, you go to the inn to partake in drugs, alcohol, and gambling.
>You see your father seated at the bar.
>>
File: top_kek_1800s.jpg (180KB, 517x768px) Image search: [Google]
top_kek_1800s.jpg
180KB, 517x768px
>>51885751
> the original way to do things = the best way to do things fallacy

God I love BTFOing grogs and their retarded """"arguments""""
>>
File: hexcrawlshit.png (45KB, 625x246px) Image search: [Google]
hexcrawlshit.png
45KB, 625x246px
>>51886357
>one anon had suggested a neat idea of "a pond that is far deeper than it appears" as an interesting location
tfw I'm pretty sure that was me
why does Google want me to keep identifying jaguars
>>
>>51886421
>the original way to do things = the best way to do things fallacy
just because its a fallacy doesn't mean its wrong anon
>>
Currently continuing the tales of my current game to an anon who requested more

>>51886162
First part located here

I roll on my random encounter table and the results are "Friendly settlers at a shrine of a demon". Now since our party Warlock's patron is Cthulhu I decide that these fish men are also Cthulhu worshipers. Warlock establishes friendly relations with the fishmen via deepspeak. They participate in the rituals as to not piss off what might be their only chance of escaping. Fishmen essentially throw hallucinogens in the faces of the Sorcerer and Fighter. Fighter fails his saving throw and has a vision of R'lyeh and approaching the sleeping Cthulhu. Goes temporarily insane and starts screaming until he passes out.

After a while the fishmen tend to the Fighter and he manages to recover by going into hard denial mode. The fishman we'll call fishbro leads them back to the settlement of his tribe. The party meets with the Tribe elder and she agrees to help them return to their world if they can retrieve her book (Necronomicon) from the enemy tribe of fishmen that have been warring with them. Fishbro agrees to lead them as the coral structure is labyrinthian and beyond the ability of the party to navigate. They rest for the "night" and set off.

After several hours of navigating the coral structure and an encounter with some gibbering mouthers the party encounters a group of evil-clan guards they pass their stealth check and get a surprise round on them. Party manages to wipe them out before they can react with a shatter and burning hands. The shatter causes a massive exploding noise as per the spell description and Fishbro tells them to run since reinforcements are surely on their way. Once again they manage to pass the appropriate skill checks to avoid the evil clan warriors searching for them.
>>
>>51886466
No, but in this case it's still wrong anyway.
>>
>>51885800
Ride that dick.
>>
>>51885800
Nobody likes you Matt.
>>
>>51885800
who?
>>
>>51886590
McCree
>>
>>51886484
Is resisting an hallucinogen a con save or a wis save?
>>
>>51886341
>>51886505
>>51886555
Brilliance breeds haters

I would straight up fellate that man, no homo
>>
>>51886652
It isn't gay because it's masturbation.
>>
>>51886652
>implying you're that flexible

nice try
>>
>>51886652
Word of advice. Never trust a professional voice actor.
>>
Want opinions on something. I thinking of making something like an order of knights that instead of riding horses and the like they use Guard Drakes instead. Trouble is is that Guard Drakes are quite a bit stronger than horses and Guard Drakes are medium sized.

Reduce their stats and make them large? Special training and saddles? What do you guys think?
>>
>>51886423
That was you anon!

>>51886484
The party makes it to the evil clan village relatively undetected. Due to the fact that the shatter attracted a large number of warriors the village is actually vulnerable to infiltration. The party tries to discern where the evil clan elder resides and stumble across an evil clan warlock innocently worshiping Cthulhu. The party panics and proceeds to murder. Before they can cut down the evil clan warlock it alerts the village to their presence. I flip a coin to see if they pick the right location, they burst into the chamber of evil clan elder. Turns out its three sea hags in the middle of a ritual using the spell book.

Let's keep in mind that the party is only 3 level 4s and have only had a short rest since they left the Fishbro village. They engage the three sea hags. Due to some lucky crits they manage to down one of the hags nearly instantly cutting off their ability to cast spells. If the sea hags have a turn while any party member is under the fear effect they can make them make a WIS save or fall to 0. On top of that in burst 6 evil clan warriors. Current CR of encounter is 7. The Sorcerer wisely saved his sorcery points and proceeded to burning hands the warriors while Fishbro and Fighter take on the hags. Fishbro goes down in the chaos and the party manages to kill off the hags and enough warriors that the remaining flee. Moment of silence for Fishbro ;_;7. They grab the book and some dank loot and we end the session there.

Now they are knee deep in evil clan territory with no real ability to find their way back with almost all their resources gone and with low HP.
>>
File: Sergal_(23).jpg (137KB, 709x889px) Image search: [Google]
Sergal_(23).jpg
137KB, 709x889px
How would you stat a Sergal?
>>
>>51886742
Yiff in Hell, furfag.
>>
>>51886742
Refluff Gnolls.
>>
>>51886741
>Now they are knee deep in evil clan territory with no real ability to find their way back with almost all their resources gone and with low HP.
now its an adventure! thanks for writing it out anon. maybe they can find a portal into a different elemental plain. i.e. you jump into the hole that goes on forever and then you're in the air plane.
>>
File: filthy degenerates.png (71KB, 482x428px) Image search: [Google]
filthy degenerates.png
71KB, 482x428px
>>51886652
Yeah, you're a faggot.
>>
>>51886763
I was hoping to have it as a playable race. I was thinking of some mix of goliath and half-orc.
>>
So, uh, how/when do you actually level up? Do you have to finish a long rest before getting the benefits or what?
>>
>>51886799
Refluff orcs.
>>
File: disgusted-clint-eastwood.gif (858KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted-clint-eastwood.gif
858KB, 240x228px
>>51886799
>yiff-shit
>Anywhere close to the glorious goliath
>>
>>51886637
Wis I think.

>>51886741
Next session they are going to have to find their way back to the fishman village while avoiding the evil clan, gibbering mouthers, and starvation.

What they don't know is that the coral structure is the shell of an ancient being of immense psychic power that has grown weak after thousands of years isolated from it's kind. It is currently trying to fend off Intellect Devourers from reaching it's core/brain. It is going to influence the direction of the party in hopes of getting aid/mind dominating them into helping. They'll also learn that the gibbering mouthers are a kind of immune system that the coral being's kind created. Due to its weakened state it has no control over them. If they don't find or help the brain core the next time they come back the structure might be completely flooded with no signs of life.

I feel this all turned out pretty well considering I had nothing planned beyond "giant coral thing in pond portal".
>>
>>51886814
This is dnd mate, everyone just DINGs and they have a new level like a piss poor mmo.
>>
How often do you lads run pre written adventures or modules?
>>
>>51886814
You level up when the DM says you level up
>>
>>51886814
Since nobody is actually answering your question

I believe rule-wise, you get new benefits as you would recover said benefits from rest. If you level and get a new ability that can be used every short rest, you must complete a short rest before you have that ability after a level. If you get a new spell, you need a long rest. A new cantrip comes in immediately.

I also believe HP and stat changes from level come in immediately.
>>
How do you handle spell crafting, spell research, and enchanting objects?
>>
>>51886373
>"is there any specific way in particular you want introduced?"
>"i dont care make something up"
>"no, that's your job. you make something up."
>>
>>51886686
Is there a story behind this?
>>
>>51886785
Thanks anon I'm glad you enjoyed it.

They probably will. The Sorcerer is a Wild Mage who wants to learn where his powers came from. My idea is that he is a "tear" in reality and is connected to the plane of elemental chaos and will probably end up nuking himself if he doesn't gain control of it/seal the tear.

His backstory is he accidentally fireballed his entire gnome village with a wild surge. I think some magic inquisitors will eventually track him down to murder him and seal the tear.
>>
>>51886814
When I was running, I insisted that my players complete a long rest before they gained any benefits of leveling up. But your mileage may vary.
>>
>>51886373
If someone can't even give a single minute of effort to come up with the 2 lines of background necessary to fit in, I usually make them owe their life to another player and have to follow them around and do everything to keep the other player alive.

If you don't like the life oath, you can make it an actual owner/slave situation instead, or simply an actual debt of gold, with the knowledge they'll go to debtor's prison if they aren't trying to actively pay it back.

Next time they'll come up with something, trust me.
>>
File: Sergal_(2).png (590KB, 591x800px) Image search: [Google]
Sergal_(2).png
590KB, 591x800px
>>51886828
I suppose this could work, and takes the their reputation into effect. Thanks!
>>
>>51886975
>I insisted that my players complete a long rest before they gained any benefits of leveling up.
I do this as well.
>>
>>51886986
>you can make it an actual owner/slave situation instead
I wouldn't come up with something next time.

that's my fetish
>>
>>51883511
Undead and Fey are virtually interchangeable and more or less the main kind of creature in the setting. The otherworld is porous in places and it's said that stepping in certain tombs and ruins on a particular date (depending on the place) can show you what the place was like at their height. It's also mostly true and sometimes people just disappear when doing this.

There's three kinds of necromancers
- Surgeons, who heal the living and are generally the reason flesh golems exist. They're feared but respected because they're the main source of true healing in the world.
- Speakers of the dead. They're either people who have a knack for seeing the dead or who trained for it through ritual. Some of them make deals, some of them hunt down incorporeal undead, some of them manipulate them the same way typical necros work flesh.
- Bonesnatchers, they desecrate corpses and bring them to unlife. Almost universally seen as evil, tolerated in cultures that use large scale slavery because they allow latifundists and mine owners to stretch the goods.
>>
File: intensifier.gif (13KB, 119x116px) Image search: [Google]
intensifier.gif
13KB, 119x116px
>>51886986
I mean, I don't want them to have a shitty time, but its getting really frustrating.

The only thing he gave me was

>"Im an artificer alchemist"
>"alright, work off that"
>"he works with potions"

I ask him every fucking day for at least something beyond this. I hate to write their characters but I'm going to have to.
>>
>>51887036
Hot.

>>51887054
I'd say find a new player since they're a dime a dozen, but I get the feeling you don't want for whatever reason which is why you're asking your question in the first place.

I learned from calvin and hobbes that the best way not to be asked to do something is to constantly do it badly.
>>
>>51887054
What did he choose for his background, mechanically speaking? That might help.

As an example, if he took guild artisan, he obviously has connections and allies in his guild (so long as he remains in good standing) ans well as enemies and rivals (both within his guild and from other organizations).
>>
>>51883511
Playing Wrath of the Immortals, so most of the undead encountered are reanimated by the Radiance rather than any necromantic bullshit, and they've all got lightning powers.
>>
>>51887161
Believe it or not, he didn't take anything and said he'll worry about it some other time
>>
>>51886466
No, but it does mean the "point" you were trying to make is illegitimate. The old NPCs were shit. Merals blindly tried to imitate old mechanics without the barest understanding of how the fuck they worked.
>>
>>51887178
Then his character isn't finished and is ineligible for play, RAW. Tell him to finish it, and extrapolate on his choices to come up with a workable backstory.
>>
>>51886848
plz respond to this
>>
>>51887238
Never, they suck, and encourage bad habits.
>>
>>51886991
It also lets you use the various or NPCs as Sergals, which could be useful depending on their frequency.
>>
>>51887278
Like what? Then how do I plan a one shot, or just a short thing for a person or two?
>>
>>51887300
You use your imagination, and record what you think of. Kobold fight club for monster math.
>>
>>51883669
in 5e, there really aren't good and evil acts, there's "condoned by society" (Lawful Good), "condoned by your conscience" (Chaotic Good), "condoned by your code" (Lawful Neutral), "condoned by your whims" (Chaotic Neutral), and "condoned by your code and you take what you want within the context of that code" (Lawful Evil)

as well as "I don't think of it too hard lol" (Neutral)
>>
Trying to come up with some lair actions for a low tier sorcerer boss. The boss fight takes place in a water filled room with a big ass tree in the middle of it. I was thinking of something like the tree grapples enemies knocking them prone or some shit.
>>
>>51885715
>Classes are ONLY for PCs

Fake news
>>
>>51886421
>>51887198

The entirety of your argument is kvetching that 5e isn't more like 3e. Shit argument bro.
>>
>>51884429
>>51884680
DM sounds like a piece of work.
>>
I have 5,000GP to spend, and one uncommon item to choose.

I'm a Longbow battlemaster fighter with a +2 Longbow and Bracers of Archery.

Any idea what I can spend my gold on that is practical and useful, and what would be a good choice for my final item.
>>
>>51886702
Actually I quite like the idea of a setting, and how you can do it in 3e, wherein mounts are beefier and stronger in many cases than their riders, makes sense to me.

You could just have em be small knights, or give them a special compact mount ability.

The biggest implication of allowing medium mounts is... they can be used indoors and can cluster around a lot more effectively, making them VERY powerful.
>>
>>51887604
Special ammunition might be useful. Broom of Flying is uncommon, which opens up some shenanigans.
>>
>>51886702
Halfling knights, Gnome knights, or even Kobold Knights who were influenced by a metallic dragon and pledged their tribe and heritage to raising drakes and training drake-knights.
>>
>>51886848
I'm a fresh DM. I don't really trust myself with writing, so I'm running Lost Mine of Phandelver. Not too bad so far, although my players have a bad habit of... Well, not caring.

I'd actually like to work up some kind of adventure. It actually sounds pretty fun- Creating your own material, maybe playing it by ear if you need to. Having control over everything not that you don't already.

The only thing that really stands in the way, I guess is the fact that my current players are anemic as hell, regardless of the game. I don't want to write up a bunch of stuff for them since they don't want to make any effort for me.
>>
>>51887660
What kind of special ammunition is even in the game other than +1 Arrows?
>>
>>51887497
You left out CE.
>>
>>51887722
I left out NG, NE and CE cuz they don't fit intuitively into the uber-slim 5e versions of CG, CN, LG, LN, and LE.
>>
>>51884923
13 pages for a non spellcaster class?
Or in other words: a huge mess of overpowered options plus 5 ASI? You should keep it a little simpler. I would drop the feats part, reduce the archetypes to maybe type1 and 2, and weed out a few of the base capabilities.
>>
>>51884011
I really like the last one.
>>
Is it even feasible to run 5e in a perma low level dungeon crawl and retiring any character who reaches too high of a level?
I've heard good things about it's low level lethality but in my experience the players are total cunts who always want to start at high levels and get bored if they don't have class abilities they can spam.

I don't see why it -wouldn't- work, other than 3.pf completely shattering player expectations of what needs to be in a D&D game.
>>
>>51887608
Yeah, having them be too strong is a problem. I've worked with my DM on it and the best we've come up with so far is taking an Ambush Drake and removing its Surprise Attack. I'm trying to work with the lore Volo's Guide gives so they mesh but I'm still thinking.
>>51887670
I like the idea of Kobolds but admittedly I never consider the smaller races. Halflings and Gnomes never cross my mind even as player characters. Which considering the background I'm setting up is funny because there should be no problem with them being knights. I guess it's because I expect heroes to be inspiring and having someone 3 ft tall clashes with image.
>>
One of my players wants dual weild sheilds as a spellcaster
Wat do?
>>
>>51887900
E6 is a thing so you could definitely try it. I think it sounds fun, and with a good DM it shouldn't get stale staying in the same low tier of play for a while.
>>
>>51887930
I don't mean "too strong" in the sense of the drakes themselves being OP, I mean in the sense of 5' cavalry (and two guys occupying the same square) being crazy-go-nuts tier.
>>
>>51887970
On one hand, a shield can be used as a holy symbol, so you can be a divine caster and put a shield in each hand with no trouble.

On the other, you can only benefit from one shield at a time as far as AC goes.
>>
File: FLjlFAV.png (18KB, 417x347px) Image search: [Google]
FLjlFAV.png
18KB, 417x347px
>>51887970
There you go.
>>
>>51883971
No
>>
>>51887970
Remind them they need a free hand to hold their material components/focus, and a free hand for somatic component unless they have war caster.
>>
>>51887990
That's RAW, but would any DMs out there allow for both sheilds to confer a benefit? Maybe with the off hand only giving +1?
>>
>>51888007
Break his arm
>>
>>51888033
I thought your somatic components can be performed with the same hand that has your material component/focus?
>>
>>51887970
Suggest if they get medium / heavy armour the shields can be part of their armour (But they don't get higher AC because they're not holding the shields in hand, it's just part of what makes the armour heavy)

If they want to dual wield shields, I'd say they have to take two-weapon-fighting feat which gives +1 AC if you have a weapon in each hand, giving you a total of +3 AC for wearing two shields and allowing you to attack with the shields for that purpose.

It's an absolute no-go for a caster unless they want to be unable to cast somatic components at all, though honestly by RAW they could cast a divine spell with a material component AND a somatic component, or just a material component. But also by RAW they gain no benefit from wearing two shields.

Though RAW is dubious if you can wear a shield (improvized weapon) + rapier and gain two-weapon-fighting's +1 AC.
>>
>>51888061
It can indeed. Well, either way they still need a free hand to hold the focus.
>>
>>51887970

Well, he will have to put down one shield literally every time he casts a S component spell. There is also the problem of the second shield doing nothing to boost his AC.

So its useless and very strongly counterproductive, but other than that go nuts.
>>
>>51888091
Sorry, the feat is 'dual wielder'

On second thought, I wouldn't say an improvized weapon counts for the +1 AC by RAW as shield appears in the armour table, not the weapons table. It's not a weapon, but you can make an improvized attack with it.

I'd still allow dual-wielder to get +1 AC for TWO shields.
>>
>>51888043
Under literally no circumstances, especially since a warcaster guy who uses spells to attacks is therefore gaining the effect of a +1 to AC feat for free. It also looks painfully retarded. There is nothing about this I can even imagine liking.
>>
What is the point of smaller spells having components when component pouches/arcane focuses mitigate that?
>>
>>51888240
Flavor. If the cost of the component isn't specified, your pouch is assumed to always have enough supply.
>>
>>51888240
So the authorities can take them away when they throw you in the dungeon.
>>
>>51888240
To mildly annoy EKs I guess.
>>
>>51888240
Flavour and, as >>51888281 said, to give casters another vulnerability.

You can take a fighter's weapons away, so why not a caster's?
It's not like a fighter can hit with swords when you restrain them, so it's not awfully fair if their own weakness is having to wave their hands and speak with their mouth
>>
>>51887994
This actually give me an idea for my own campaign that I think I might try.
>>
>>51884019
Funny, considering one of my characters it the opposite: a dragonborn when disguises as a human.
>>
Yesterday we did session zero for our new campaign coming up and I've decided to play a human fighter for the first time. I've decided to go with a Sharpshooter but this didn't go over well with my group.

In there minds an Archery focused fighter's stupid because fighters are meant to wear heavy armour and be front-line fighters with large amounts of health. Anyone else ever have a similar problem?
>>
>>51888333
It works fine when you have the party at your mercy and can take all their shit, but in a combat situation, there's no way to stop the caster except for putting him in the ground.

Personally, I've houseruled that that all spells REQUIRE a focus which must remain in-hand (though for gishes it can be an addition to their weapon or shield) instead of 20 spell pouches all over the place, just so casters can actually be "dismagicked" the same way a non-caster can be disarmed.
>>
>>51888571
If your party thinks all Fighters need to be tanks or even melee fleshpounders, they're retarded.

Now, if you're the last guy picking a class and there is no one else remotely tank-like, front-line, or even just durable, their frustration is understandable. But an all-ranged, all-squishy party comp has its advantages.
>>
>>51888571
No because my group aren't retarded. Tell them to read the description of fighters in the PHB, like the second sentence is about an elf in light armor using a bow and then it starts going on about fighters being the most diverse class. The whole paragraph is about how fighter represents lots of fucking things.
>>
>>51888587
You can disarm a caster by removing their component pouch or their arcane focus.

If they want both and arcane focus AND a component pouch, that's a matter of 'letting people carry whatever the heck they like' and should be restricted by some sort of slot-based inventory system so they make a small sacrifice (i.e. less food) to take a back-up.
>>
>>51888669
Slot-based inventory systems only further penalize non-casters because they need a bajillion items to come close to doing a tenth of the shit the caster can do with the spells he pulls out of his ass. Outside of this, there is no reason other than cost (and it's not that much) for a caster to not be wearing 10 component pouches.
>>
>>51888610
Sorcerer, strength ranger and a forge cleric. I'm willing to bet the Forge Cleric's going to have much better AC then I could ever hope to have anyway.

>>51888619
I brought that up and they said they understand fighters can use a bow but it's not what they're good at. I tried to explain the fighter's entire job is being the best with weapons without needing magic but they didn't get it.

I'm just going to blame vidya and watch them get pissy when I steady aim, sharpshooter all my attacks and action surge with my heavy crossbow.
>>
>>51888571
Other two anons are entirely right, and your groups are faggots.

You shouldn't be complaining about party compositions. There isn't some sort of 'meta required party set-up'. An all front-liners party and an all back-liners party has advantages such as the front liners using proning and wolf barbarian to get advantage, or the back liner party pushing enemies away and forming a firing line.

The main ranged classes are warlock, ranger, fighter and rogue.
Fighter is great for single-target damage with sharpshooter + crossbow expert.
Rogue is good for reliable damage, but doesn't do as much damage. Their main advantages are their skills and perhaps uncanny dodge.
Ranger has some AoE attacks.
Warlock has pushback and no need for a weapon.
>>
>>51887054
You're not asking for a kidney here, it's a very simple request that any functional adult would be able to accomplish, him included. Make it clear to him that he needs, at the absolute barest fucking minimum, a reason that he's traveling with the party, and if he can't manage that then he can't play. The only reason he's able to do what he's doing is because you're enabling him to do it.
>>
>>51888719
>a group that's okay with a melee-based Strength Ranger is trying to tell the Archery Fighter to fuck off
What a bunch of faggots.

Here's what you do. Ask your DM to houserule up a variant Sharpshooter for thrown weapons, and allow the Archery feature to apply +2 AB to thrown weapons when they are used at range.
You'll play the "tank fighter" they want, but you use a "short spear" in combat that's actually a javelin. For the first fight, you stab people like normal with your dinky javelin. As soon as the party thinks you're a "proper melee Fighter", you book it the fuck behind cover and start lobbing sniper javelins at everything and never stop.
>>
>>51888736
>he's forgetting Way of the Knife Asshole / Sun Soul Monks
>>
>>51888705
A wizard needs their spellbook, a focus and probably won't have good strength.

A ranged combatant only really needs a crossbow, even if they don't have good strength. Also ammo.

A monk doesn't even need a weapon if he doesn't want one.

A barbarian will probably have strength to rough things up with.

A fighter still only really needs one weapon, though they can take back-ups themselves and some other things.

Overall, people don't really need more than 0-2 items to function, so slots aren't exactly bad I'd say, and it's hardly like casters need less items than everyone else. They need at least one (focus) and sometimes might want weapons and/or something extra, like a spellbook, extra instruments, a warlock's tome of shadows (Though I'd feel kind of bad for making them waste space on a class feature), etc.

Not to mention casters sometimes needs items that cost extra money on hand to cast certain spells.
>>
>>51888719
Ok yeah your group are just 100% retards if they have problem with a Dex Fighter but not Str Ranger. Not that I would have a problem if one my players wanted to be a Str Ranger but to complain about someones else's build while being one is just too fucking stupid. I feel sorry for you if they are your only option to get a game.
>>
>>51888166
There's a part of me that likes the idea of a heavily armored dude with two sheilds just tanking the world, then unfolding his barricade to launch a fireball.
>>
>>51888770
Why bother? He should just make the chracter he actually wanted to play and he will be fine because Dex Fighters are decent enough. If it goes as far as they won't actually let him make the character he wants then they really have reached the point of being too shit to play with.
>>
>>51888719
Strength ranger is 100% more retarded than dex fighter. At best you might get some slight horde breaker GWM greatsword/polearm/PAM synergy with it and while that's absolutely fine they don't even have heavy armour and also want wis, which means you need 14 dex, high strength, decent wisdom and decent con. Well, okay, their wisdom isn't essential.
>>
File: macgyvercoffin.gif (2MB, 340x208px) Image search: [Google]
macgyvercoffin.gif
2MB, 340x208px
>>51888792
>Overall, people don't really need more than 0-2 items to function
It's not about performing the bare minimum of your class, it's about your non-Rogue martial being able to contribute to shit outside of combat because his entire class is centered around "hit shit" and has, generally speaking, zero fucking utility for the social and exploration pillars of the game. Thus, the martial needs to be carrying a battering ram, a collapsing pole, five oil flasks, several pouches of ball bearings and caltrops, pitons, a hammer, crowbar, three 50' lengths of rope, a ghillie tablecloth, two bear traps, a magnifying glass, piano wire, sovereign glue, bubblegum, manacles, a shovel, chalk (stick and powder), a pound of either cinnamon or flour, and a grappling hook.

To start with. Honestly, weapons are optional.
>>
>>51886373
Honestly I don't know if this is necessarily a problem. Some players are there for the story, others are just there to kill some monsters. If everyone else is having a good time just leave it.

Alternatively, when he says "I don't care, just make something up", turn to one of the other players and say "okay so how is this character connected to yous?"
Either your players take it seriously and you get enough backstory to work with, or your players think of something embarrassing and he hopefully learns his lesson.
>>
>>51888915
If they're stronk, why couldn't they take all of that?
If a non-stronk person is expected to take all of that, why couldn't a wizard take all of that?

I wouldn't say the issue then is the slot-based system.

The issue is with stricter weight limits, such as the 5x strength softcap variant rule, which makes it harder for non-magical means (Have a tool for every situation) to compete with magical means (Have a tool for every situation, except it's in a spellbook and weighs nothing)

You could probably have a cart or donkey behind you with all your gear carried on it. It's just that if a wizard puts their wand in the extra gear and they're disarmed of their components pouch, they'll have to run to fetch it, which still has a similar intended purpose. But a fighter with masonry proficiency can still have his wall building tools and the party can make a comfy house in the underground.
>>
>>51884344
This is fucking nice.
>>
>>51888986
>If a non-stronk person is expected to take all of that, why couldn't a wizard take all of that?
That is, unfortunately, something that can never be fixed. Anything, say, a Fighter can do with items and ingenuity, a Wizard or Bard is equally capable of doing. But the Fighter never gets to shoot Fireballs unless he himself becomes a shitty caster via EK or something.
>>
>>51889202
The very best you can do is what I think they used to do in old editions where
Fighter: 'Okay, I want to use this polearm in a creative way to disarm a trap'
DM: Well, since you're a fighter, I'll assume you know your way about your weapons. You don't even need to roll for this.
Wizard (That somehow has polearm proficiency): 'Okay, I want to use this polearm in a creative way to disarm a trap'
DM: Well, roll for it. Since you're proficient you can add proficiency to the roll if you don't already.
>>
Quick question. Level 5 Sorcerer, I'm using Shield, Chromatic Orb, Misty Step, Scorching Ray, Fireball, Haste. Just leveled up to 5. So far scorching ray has come in handy for mobs we keep facing (7 hp), but I haven't even touched orb for anything other than electrocuting water, something I could do with a cantrip. What can I replace it with? I'm thinking false life, but mostly burn the slots for points. I'm mostly backline support. Wish I had a healing spell.
>>
>>51885715
Are you actually retarded?
>>
>>51889296
Mirror Image is amazing even if backline support. Something manages to attack you even with multiple attacks? Roll a 6, 8, 11 or higher each time you get hit to negate the attack. Best of all, no Concentration and lasts a minute.
>>
>>51889296
You could go with Enhance Ability or Hypnotic Pattern, just know that both require concentration.
You already have Misty Step, but you could also go with another defensive spell too, like Blink or Mirror Image.
>>
>>51889202
>unfortunately

And yet it will never hurt a single game, ever, in the history of mankind, for a strong guy to carry some dirt cheap items.

There's already a class for "nonmagical exploration + hit things," the rogue. And there's already a fighter class variant for casting, which is plenty good. This whole wallowing in self pity shit is pathetic.
>>
>>51889444
I used a quickened Misty Step to run away from 4 stirges. 90 feet in one round, fun times.
>>
>>51889444
I also want to lay off the level 3s a bit for now. Fireball is for my Fire Drac sorcerer shit, and Haste is because 1, the Warlock certainly isn't going support and 2, the fighter and barb are purely non-magical in nature. So far I've been stealing the show with my Scorching Ray and Sleep (I dropped it). I want to let them have a little fun with Twinned Haste.
>>
Anybody have a DM or experience with a DM that's running a campaign that feels a bit too complicated for your group?
My group is the kind that always talks off-topic, tries to do whacky things, and is more "roll-play" than "role play". We have a good time, but the dm kind of uses our sessions to try to scratch his fantasy novel writing itch. He throws out long Tolkein-esque names and long slabs of backstory that, normally would be pretty good. The problem is my party doesn't really have the attention span for it.
Sometimes you want to just throw your dice and laugh, you know?
>>
>>51889459
>And yet it will never hurt a single game, ever, in the history of mankind, for a strong guy to carry some dirt cheap items.
See this is the problem
>F-fighters can just find items to replace spell utility!
And why would you arbitrarily restrict those items to a fighter? If fighters can use items as a spell replacement, all you've done is made casters even better because there's no reason casters can't use those same items too.
>>
I'm playing a Sharpshooter fighter and I've got an odd Dexterity Score. My DM allows a feat that gives +1 STR, DEX or CON and a Fighting style.

I'm wondering if I should go Close Quarters Shooter for the +1 Attack (Even though the rest of it's worthless to me) or Mariner for +1 AC, Swim and Climb speed. I've already got Sharpshooter and don't need Crossbow Expert
>>
File: 1484477728481.jpg (30KB, 438x658px) Image search: [Google]
1484477728481.jpg
30KB, 438x658px
>>51889562
>UA fighting styles
>Stacking archery and close combat shooting

Your DM is a faggot if they allow this.

Mariner I feel pretty torn about, but I'd allow it on non-dips for heavy armour classes I suppose to give dex fighters something more to do.
>>
>>51889511
Then I'd say keep Chromatic Orb for now. It'll be good for when you face something resistant to fire, at which point you could trade it for Blight or later Disintegrate.
>>
>>51889619
I got Elemental Adept already. So far its turned 5 1s into 2s.
>>
>>51889519
Try maturing.
>>
>>51889519
To elaborate, I'm extremely grateful that I have a DM with a lot of creativity. I'm sure there's hundreds of groups dying to play a campaign like his. It's certainly been interesting and entertaining.
But this dude throws custom races at us, expects optimized characters and full game knowledge, makes difficult encounters (yet we feel obligated to avoid a TPK so he doesn't have to scrap his custom lore), now we're even using the Unearthed Arcana Clashing Army rules next week.

Meanwhile we can barely remember the other party character names, forget half of our spells and feats, spend a third of the session making jokes and screwing around.
>>
>>51889555

...? What? No.

Fight: The Class ("fight" is in its name) doesn't need to be Utility King, at all, even 1%. There's nothing to complain about and there's legitimately no reason to whine about the fact that different classes have different amounts of out of combat utility.

People who antagonistically spit on the very idea of picking a character with more out of combat options have legitimately no reason or right to complain that they don't have out of combat options.

If you don't like rogue, you don't like EK, and you still feel butthurt about the 9/9 caster classes, you're a person who cannot be satisfied outside of some sort of handwavey narrativist shitfest.

Empty whining and cringing about nothing in particular, just a position that begins with "being a wizard sucks, being an EK sucks, being a rogue sucks, but the game should change for me, because I have entitlement mentality!" Nah. Fuck off.
>>
File: brrrrrrrrrt.jpg (67KB, 800x361px) Image search: [Google]
brrrrrrrrrt.jpg
67KB, 800x361px
>>51883511
>Mass Combat

I was just about to begin planning a military campaign and was 99% of the way about to give up because of the lack of usable large scale combat options. This worked out great.
>>
>>51889611
Yeah I wasn't feeling the Attack bonus stacking would be a good idea to bring to the table. Plus I love climb speeds so much.
>>
Question to all DMs.

Do you make spellcasters use the component parts of their spells (Like how Chromatic Orb needs a diamond, or how Firebolt uses small fire components), or do you excuse that as being unneeded outside of higher level spells?
>>
>>51889688
>There's nothing to complain about and there's legitimately no reason to whine about the fact that different classes have different amounts of out of combat utility.
>combat is the only thing that matters, out of combat utility isn't important
Man you're so lucky WoTC agrees with you. You must love 5e.
>>
>>51889640
That isn't an option for this group.
>>
>>51889718

>combat is the only thing that matters, out of combat utility isn't important

Remember, that's your position. Not mine.
>>
>>51889685
>now we're even using the Unearthed Arcana Clashing Army rules next week.
Nice, those look like a fuckin treat.
>>
>>51889742
No.
My position is that casters outclass martials both in AND out of combat. That's the problem. Any due to the mundane nature of martials, short of completely redoing the rules, anything you do to buff martials will also buff casters without DM fiat.
>>
I don't want to be a faggot but isn't it mechanically superior to play the tallest believable height for your race, because you can reach 1/2 your height above your head to grab ledges or whatever while you're jumping?

I mean it's a tiny benefit that will most likely never come up but for climbing and grapplers strong enough to lift people above their heads it seems like there's no reason not to be an 7-8 foot tall human.
>>
>>51889715
I make spellcasters follow the rules as stated in the rulebook.
>>
>>51889781

>My position is that casters outclass martials both in AND out of combat.

Oh, so your bitter rage tears are based off a wholly false assumption? Why didn't you just say so? I suggest playing some 5e, that'll disabuse you of that notion real quick.
>>
>>51889715
An arcane focus can serve in place of a component if the cost isn't listed. If the cost in gold is specified, then the caster must have the component on hand. If the cost is listed and the spell specifies that the component is consumed, the component must be provided for each cast.
>>
>>51889715
I don't think there is anyone who doesn't make PCs use actually relevant material components.
>>
>>51889812
Yeah okay man I'm sure your martial character have done something on the level of bypassing a CR appropriate encounter for a party of 5 with a single cast of a polymorph spell.
>>
File: 1372250245121.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1372250245121.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>51888333
>so it's not awfully fair if their own weakness is having to wave their hands and speak with their mouth

Elaborate, anon.
>>
Dubs decide my new character class, race and personality
>>
>>51889827
Our GM doesn't. Magic is much more prevalent as a result.
>>
>>51889885
That's a retarded argument, since all the wizard can do, besides taking out foes of 1/3rd his CR with his shitty damage spells, is "bypass" them, because by far the easiest, most reliable, and most common way to deal with foes is hit point damage.
>>
File: magic items.jpg (55KB, 512x368px) Image search: [Google]
magic items.jpg
55KB, 512x368px
How do you guys run the logistics of downtime?

As in, the PCs are in a certain area, and they want to look for shops that sell a certain kind of thing, say, a few simple healing potions. Obviously if they're in a small town healing potions are going to be hard to come by, and if they find any for sale they might be expensive, and they might not find very many.

Are there any tables with this kind of information? I looked in the DMG and didn't find anything helpful. My players tried to buy stuff in their downtime last session but I had to wing all of it and I'm worried I didn't give them the chance to buy everything they should have had the chance to buy because I kind of limited them to whatever I could come up with off the top of my head.
>>
>>51889978
There are no (core) books of any edition covering that sort of thing, other than 3e's "yes, this town does have, literally, ten million chickens for sale, and dozens of every kind of magic item within your price range." Donjon has random magic item shop stocking systems though.
>>
>>51889969
>Permanently removing an enemy from the game
>Less preferable to slowly whittling it's HP down over the course of several real life hours, costing far more resources than a single spell slot
Oh. You're retarded.
Carry on.
>>
>>51889948
A motherly dragonborn warlock
>>
>>51889978
The prices for basic healing potions are given in the phb, under adventuring great if memory serves. Rarer magic items are much harder to come by. I think the dmg has guidelines for it; decide what you're looking for, make some skill checks to find a seller, then negotiate a price. It's honestly more like buying rare gear in shadowrun than in previous editions of dnd.
>>
File: 1459380145648.png (432KB, 1000x588px) Image search: [Google]
1459380145648.png
432KB, 1000x588px
>>51889978
I normally just assign a wealth rating to my towns and fill them with shops and merchants that fit the rating and setting. If its an unremarkable town I'll basially just give my players a handout listing available goods in this area and they can buy and sell in a pretty generic fashion. If there's an interesting or unique NPC or store in the area then I usually take a more hands-on RP approach.
>>
>>51890016
>Permanently removing an enemy from the game

>removing one lame little enemy from the fight, so long as no one attacks you in the meantime
>then being helpless against his friends and having to hide behind the damage dealers

>could have use your concentration slot to buff your superiors instead

ok
>>
>>51890016
>slowly whittling it's HP down over the course of several real life hours
Are you retarded?
>>
>>51890076
>Assuming all encounters have multiple enemies
>Assuming concentration checks aren't easy to pass
>Assuming a random enemy is polymorphed and not the most threatening one
>Wants to buff parties so you can have a 2 hour combat session instead of just polymorphing the enemy and moving on.
>>51890105
Combat is long as hell in 5e, most sessions are made up almost entirely of combat even if you're only having about 1 or 2 instances of combat.
Well, unless you're a smart caster and use spells to bypass combat entirely. DM was so salty.
>>
>>51887985
So make them large size? That's about the only thing I can think of besides having small sized races use them.
>>
File: Paul_Allen.jpg (144KB, 1200x796px) Image search: [Google]
Paul_Allen.jpg
144KB, 1200x796px
>>51889948
Normal human champion fighter
>>
>>51889948
human vengeance paladin, extremely racist follower of zarus
>>
>>51889888
It's exactly what you'd expect with verbal components.
>>
File: Conspiracy.jpg (12KB, 163x287px) Image search: [Google]
Conspiracy.jpg
12KB, 163x287px
>>51889948
Halfling diviner wizard with lucky feat.

Constantly tries to tell everyone else what will happen.
Is sometimes actually right.
>>
File: dwarf8.jpg (46KB, 640x566px) Image search: [Google]
dwarf8.jpg
46KB, 640x566px
>>51889948
Feisty dwarf fighter.
>>
>>51890244
noice
>>
>>51890244
Holy SHIT
>>
>>51890244
Memes won again.
>>
>>51890244
We got a winner.

Memes for Diviner Halflings.
>>
>>51890244
Winner! Winner! Chicken fucking dinner!

Captcha: Welcome Xanema.
>>
These threads are actually good for ideas and inspiration. Kudos 5eg.
>>
File: valentine.png (747KB, 489x751px) Image search: [Google]
valentine.png
747KB, 489x751px
>>51890244
Let's make it better. Every time he changes events through reroll fuckery, he actually travels through timelines into the one where he succeeded/his enemy failed.
>>
>>51890372
Though I normally hate time travel, I've seen enough of these plots to say that's actually pretty damn brilliant for a refluff.
>>
Can a bulette use its jump attack on creatures adjacent to it?
>>
>>51889184
Thanks anon
>>
Have any of you tried any of the UAs in game?
How did they run?
>>
I'm starting off an evil party at level 6 with a heist mission. How should I divvy up magic items/what items should I give them?
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1920x1200px
I'm playing a death cleric disguised as a good rabbi. Any recommendations? How do I get away with as much murder as possible? Thanks
>>
>>51890137
if the encounter doesn't have multiple enemies, then its either a babby mode encounter that you can snore through, or against a legendary creature and your stupid fucking wizard can't do anything to the enemy at all.
>>
>>51890659
Rabbi? My go-to for serial killer with cover of goodguy is to be some sort of healer and make your victims seems terminally ill/incurable so you "ease their passing"
>>
>>51890556
Got a revised Ranger in my group, seems mostly ok but the primeval awareness is a bit too giant magical radar for my tastes. It just feels dumb that they can discern almost perfect details about something 5 miles away. Also it basically just boils down to him asking me at the start of every session if I prepared any of his favored enemies in the evening's encounters or not barring the rare time the mobs are going arrive from over 5 miles away somehow.
>>
>>51890741
i said rabbi as a joke because jews are a meme. im actually a "priest of st cuthbert" but i like to call myself doctor. this idea can tie in nicely, thanks
>>
>>51890659
Anoint the sick with skin contact poison. Don't make it happen every time, but make them happen here or there. Anoint the sick often, so it won't be suspicious.
>>
>>51890725
>It is impossible for there to be a CR appropriate singular enemy
>There is literally no middle ground between weak mooks and legendary creatures
>I am completely ignorant of the encounter building section of the DMG which shows it is entirely possible to build an encounter of a singular enemy whilst still being considered a deadly encounter.
I have a theory. What level do you usually play at?
>>
>>51890659
Murder people openly, claim that they had it coming.
>>
>>51890659
For a serial killer, the standard life of an adventurer is already the ultimate racket. As long as you don't act like a dick to the party and limit your violence to "evil" races, you can rack up a body count to satisfy the deepest bloodlust and not only not get in trouble but actually be praised for it.
>>
>>51890790
Murder-hobo for life
>>
>>51890587
Starting magic items?

I'd say that they can choose a utility magical item or design their own on the right power level (Say, if you want the power level of 'this item casts a level 2 spell of your choice once per day', then you can say that)
Then everyone gets alchemy jugs and it turns into a mayonnaise heist.
>>
>>51890784
>It is impossible for there to be a CR appropriate singular enemy

Its quite possible, but he's gonna be yawned through, is the point.

>There is literally no middle ground between weak mooks and legendary creatures

all playtesting, plus the devs, reports that singular nonlegendaries are pushovers that shouldn't be used.
>>
>>51889685
I dunno if he's okay with it then it's definitely not the worst that could happen. If he says he's frustrated then you could try and get everyone to tone it down, but if the players are having fun fucking about and the GM is having fun telling everyone about the 500 year history of Lor'untho'runville or whatever then those two forms of fun don't have to be mutually exclusive.
>>
>>51890760
Does it, in your opinion, play as its mechanics are designed?
>>
>>51890246
looks like the dwarf chick kinda from that old LFG comic
>>
>>51889799
So they all use arcane focusses and ignore the components then?
>>
What kinds of tricks and traps would you expect to find in a lighthouse currently under occupation by an illusionist wizard?

Currently I've got
>two kobolds magically disguised to look like huge threatening orcs guarding the door
>a bunch of intentionally mislabeled potions on a rack on the first floor
>staircase appears to crumble away if they approach it

bear in mind these guys will only be level 2ish
>>
>>51889715
Honestly I wish I'd been stricter about the components and possibly banned arcane focusses cus we're playing Primeval Thule and it would add a whole lot to the low-magic feeling, as well as providing impetus for a few quests.
But I didn't bother the first few times we played and I know for a fact the wizard would get pissy if I changed the rules now.
>>
>>51890891
Not sure what you are asking.
>>
>>51890924
Staircase that you don't seem to make any progress while climbing?
>>
>>51890924
False treasure rooms are always good for illusionist traps
>>
How much do you guys use published material in your games? Do you just run the massive adventure books? Throw in third party or old converted modules? Or just go with completely original content?

At first I was doing pretty well at stringing together converted and third party modules in a way that seemed like they were meant to go together but recently I've been having trouble that fit where the campaign has ended up (especially after they joined the crew of a pirate ship!)
>>
>>51890916
Eh, pretty much. If something still has an assigned gold value they have to obtain the proper ingredients but generally speaking they bypass the need for frog eyes or rabbit feet because of their arcane focuses.
>>
>>51890949
I think anon is asking whether the feature is working as intended, thinking from in-world perspective. If it does, it would make sense for the character to be able to track(?) giants from 5 miles away at ease. If it doesn't, there's some bullshittery going on.

Similarly how Lore wizards, supposed to be the most academic of all wizard schools, actually use their spellbooks the least, because they just look at the patterns and change them up however they feel like (because they can change their spells' effects on the fly, and cast spells that they couldn't even learn at-will, basically). It doesn't seem to add-up with what they're supposed to be as academic wizards, so it strikes as odd.

Also, it helps that Loremaster wizards are broken as fuck.
>>
>>51890924
Instead of disguising the kobolds as orcs (The size difference might well give them away since it's just illusions) I'd disguise them as something small, but feared. Like gnome liches or something. Maybe give them an enchantment that makes it look like your attacks do nothing, though after 2 or 3 attacks they'd go down if the players do decide to attack them.

>Bunch of mislabelled potions
That's a good one.

Have an illusionary mimic chest. A chest that, when opened, appears to be a mimic and appears animated like one, but attacking it would damage whatever's inside.

Have trapped maidens as hostages that are just illusions.

In the final fight, have some mechanism that raises a wall of loose cobbles out of the ground. Probably with someone waving their hands to make it look like they're also casting a bit.
The idea is it ISN'T an illusion, and trying to run through it will cause it to collapse on you, though it won't hurt much because they're particularly not very dense stones but'll probably waste their turn, create difficult terrain and make them look like a dunce.
>>
>>51891037
Oh in that case yeah my problem with it is that it seems weird that it works for just every favored enemy in the radius. Like if you are walking along a road and you use it you suddenly know that 4 miles away there 3 monstrosities in a cave even if they never leave that cave so its not like there would be any tracks or remains of their prey on the road the ranger is on.
>>
>>51891004
I create my own worlds, quests, towns, etc. but steal a lot of dungeon influence from the preexisting books.
>>
>>51890924
At some point, the stairs end and the only way forwards is through a door that presumably leads onto a balcony.

But there's some magic involved and the balcony door opens up to a small cave or something. Is it real? Is the door a portal? Is it all an illusion? At the end of the cave is a door back into the lighthouse, that leads to more stairs.

Or alternatively, the classic invisible walkway trick?
>>
>>51891004
I run the published stuff, but I want to convert some material.
>>
>>51891004
Original other ripping off every fantasy and other films I like for plot ideas, mostly as we are in our own setting.
>>
>>51891129
other than*
>>
File: 1486641991757.png (195KB, 301x291px) Image search: [Google]
1486641991757.png
195KB, 301x291px
/5eg/, the party cleric has fallen in love with the recurring enemy succubus, what do?
>>
>>51891169
Help convert her to good with the power of blessed dick.
>>
>>51891184
Issue: Cleric is a lesbian.
>>
I was thinking how demons and devils are too similar and yugoloths have a niche shtick. In the interest of making them more interesting and distinct I decided to change it up.

I substituted the three major divisions of demon, devil and deuce. Devils are pretty much the same as they are in every edition, but with a greater focus on corruption and insidious influence. Demons are based on their 4e incarnation and Pathfinder daemons: they are hedonistic monsters and omnicidal maniacs which exist solely to cause misery and suffering. Deuces are similar to devils in that they are insidious corruptors, but they are interested in making the universe eviler rather than souls; they also sell mercenary services on the side.

Their aesthetics are distinct: demons are hideous, muscular, shocking and elaborate. Devils are outwardly lithe and attractive by human standards and dress in only the finest. Deuces are cosmetically grotesque like demons, but dress and act in a refined manner like devils.

Thoughts?
>>
File: 1485511367075.jpg (260KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1485511367075.jpg
260KB, 1200x900px
>>51891169
Their wisdom better be low, because they are unwise in every respect.

Stab him in the back. An unwise cleric is a useless cleric.
>>
>>51891004

For my newbie group, I use published adventures. Currently on SKT. However, SKT is a very modular adventure due to its sandbox design. I can plop in Tomb of Horrors somewhere there if I wanted to. It's pretty excellent. It's just as much as sandbox for DMs as it is for players.

Other than that, for my more veteran group I use an original world but ripping off pretty much everything. Though it can a double-edged sword cause it'll become too much of a kitchen sink. I mean, at session #1, the world was originally like a Not-Middle Earth but it's been 3 years since we started and it's now in some pseudo-Renaissance since the world has turned to smokepowder and other tech popping up. Got ahead of myself but hey, my players are liking how they're part of the turn of the century in the world's tech.
>>
>>51891193
Help convert her to good with the power of blessed dick.
>>
>>51891193
Still not seeing the problem.
Permanent Alter Self/Polymorph to give the Cleric a dick along with her vagoo
Succubus will be lured in by how deliciously lewd the situation is.
Then commence with purification by dicking.
>>
>>51891078
Allright. I read up on primeval awareness, and true enough, it is kind of a dubious feature, especially for something of third level. And to be honest, it would sound more like a Druid thing (attuning to the nature, feeling the threads of feeling and creatures that lie nearby).

Of course, because they're hunters, there must be some way to locate their favored enemies, but I think something that helped finding traces when deliberately searching for them (you know, hunting) would be better than simply a 5 mile ping that tells you how many and where.

If you GM, suggest a change to something better, but something that only works when you are deliberately searching for it. That ping sounds more like a ward that you can just do before long rest to know if there are of your favored enemies that could ambush you... And that doesn't feel like a ranger thing, per se.

Like, instead of doing it with a radar ping, you could maybe do it with a single cardinal direction: "Are there giants in the east" and it tells you whether there are giants east of your location. Maybe it could do this for really far, like up to 20-30 miles or so, but it really requires like a short rest, not just one minute.
>>
>>51891200
Really High Wis due to lenient gm, rolling for stats, and racial bonuses, plus I'm lawful good and kinda stupid.

>>51891214
>>51891220
Hm, maybe. IF I don't kill the succubus before the cleric does something dumb despite her wis.
>>
File: 3 Wisdom.jpg (186KB, 525x1216px) Image search: [Google]
3 Wisdom.jpg
186KB, 525x1216px
>>51891237
>Rolling for stats
>Not playing 100% perfectly to stats after rolling for stats

What's the point in rolling for stats if you don't even use the stats for anything but number crunching value?
>>
>>51891291
blame shit rolls and a lot of mindfucking
Love makes people stupid and reckless, man.
>>
File: image.png.jpg.jpg (77KB, 640x592px) Image search: [Google]
image.png.jpg.jpg
77KB, 640x592px
>>51891313
Love makes unwise people stupid and reckless.
>>
File: 1472177494100.jpg (128KB, 900x705px) Image search: [Google]
1472177494100.jpg
128KB, 900x705px
>>51891313
>tfw no succubus gf to ensnare my mind and make me her sex slave
>>
>>51884090
It sounds like something that should be set up with multiple stationary objects, "planets", and plenty of handholds.
>You can transfer to any "planet" in LoS within range of your movement speed, up to double your range with a "dash" action
>, and you can use Acrobatics and Athletics for bank shots (in range, not in LoS) and to cover longer distances than your movement speed.
>Any attacks while you're not holding onto a solid object have disadvantage.
>Shoving an enemy lets you knock them into "space" and grappling someone can let you move them instead of yourself, or move with them without being slowed down, or move both of you apart when you're in space.
>Bring lots of one-handed ranged weapons.
Also, I hope one of you have read Ender's Game.
>>
>>51888571
Nah man my group did session 1 for Princes of the Apocalypse last week and I'm running a human sharpshooter with crossbow expert and they're cool with it. Closest thing we have to a front liner is a wild shaped Druid.
>>
Is there any Cleric build good for buffing myself into a holy beat stick and attacking or should I play Paladin even though I dislike them?
>>
>>51891497
I'm hoping towards Sharpshooter Feat plus the Sharpshooter class damage bonus will work together to let be slaughter the shit out things. I like the idea of a burst round of twice as many attacks with huge damage.

Not sure if I need crossbow expert because it's only +1 damage on average and I get the ability to shoot close range later with my class.
>>
>>51891591
It's mostly because of a questionable ruling which means it gives you a bonus action attack with a hand crossbow.
>>
>>51891591
Crossbow Expert lets you ignore the "loading" quality of crossbows so your bow basically auto reloads. That's why I took it. That way I don't burn up my bonus action reloading every round.
>>
>>51885457
Skeletons can take short and long rests to heal though. Why are you making special rules for this one?
>>
>>51891620
>>51891646
Yeah, that's a increase in damage but honestly. Longbows are cool. I did consider going for it and making him full blown Clint Eastwood rip off gunslinger with hand crossbows though.

Decided he was a body guard for a noble and is a very White Knight style archer instead. Bows work better for that.
>>
Joining a game at level 3 with a Bard, Cleric, and Sorcerer. Elemental Evil. Not really sure what to play, any ideas?
>>
>>51891646
Uh, Crossbows don't require a bonus action to reload, that isn't what the Loading quality does.
>>
>>51891702
Play a martial for godssakes. Team of sub-d8 HD:s, not gonna tank a lot of hits.

Probably like Armored or Shielded fighter, or a Barbarian. Team needs some serious muscle. If you still wanna cast, take Eldritch Knight or something. Just, something to make up the the lack of survivability who can tank more than two hits.
>>
>>51891498
Nothing that'll ever compare to just spirit guardians and walking into melee.

What's so bad about paladins?

>>51891702
Needs more full casters. I suggest a wizard.
>>
>>51886406
What is the rest of your party like? There's a warlock, a wizard and what?

You can help scout with long range familiar sense links with pact of the chain. You can help on the front line with a pact of the blade build. You can provide nothing new or unique with pact of the tome, but be well rounded.
>>
>>51891719
Yeah you're right just checked it. Still the feat lets me shoot multiple times per round so I feel like it's an ideal pickup for the character I designed.
>>
>>51891756
I honestly don't like the way Oaths work and being a half holy caster. Being a Cleric with a mace or sword feels much better to me.

I might just chose a martial Cleric and use Spirit Guardians. Not sure if I should go Forge, War or Protection though.
>>
>>51886959
Plot twist: As they seal the tear, elemental magic ceases to work on the plane. They have to reopen the tear by having him resurrected to get that magic back, and tell him to just be more careful in the future.
>>
>>51891792
If your DM allows you to go forge, I'd probably go with that because AC stacking. But I don't like forge's design with it pretty much being the cleric's 'let's get lots of AC' archetype, much like bladesinger is to wizard.

Tempest gives you reaction attacks if you're hit in melee, so that could be appropriate.

Grab booming blade / green flame blade somehow for melee attacks rather than war cleric.

Though from a metagame standpoint if you're in melee with spirit guardians and the enemies will attack you anyway, using the 'dodge' action is often a better choice than hitting things.
>>
scale of 1-10, how good is this for my viking themed firbolg cleric?
Should I look for a different one or is this good?
http://imgur.com/a/MYpRa
>>
I'm coming up with a rival party as an attempt to put a fire under the player's asses (and test homebrew shit) where, if they don't get some damn initiative, all their jobs, magic items, and gold will be taken (as well as their lives if they try and fight em without any preparation or intelligence). Player party is minotaur GOO Warlock, human Champion ranged fighter, shifter bear totem barb, gensai college of swords bard, halfling college of lore bard. Rival party is currently Dragonborn Oath of Crown pally, Bugbear Horizon walker ranger, and Warforged Sweet Science Pugilist. I'm going to make some sort of sorcerer for sure to see how some buffs work for em and to contrast the warlock but I need another caster.
>>
>>51891926
A no-fun cleric.
>>
>>51891926
Forgot to add
Race suggestions as well
Some kind of int caster preferred (mystic/psion or wizard) but anything works.
>>
>>51891748
Would a Paladin be a decent fit?

>>51891756
I'm thinking about it.
>>
>>51889511
Since you're level 5 and have quickened and twin, how do you feel about fire bolt and scorching ray? Do they both seem useful?
>>
>>51891986
Probably.
>>
>>51892006
I get the feeling both together won't be useful, but we're still facing weak mobs. Its possible to take out 3 in one turn with scorching, while fire bolt only does one.

That said, I haven't had a chance to use fireball yet. We also haven't been in a full group of 4 yet either, but I imagine the DM is customizing the encounters based on current members.
>>
>>51891986
I don't see why not. As long as you understand that you probably need to really focus on protecting allies rather than charging in and bashing.

If you're considering Wizard (I think that anon was joking), I would say taking Abjurer would be the smartest option, due to being able to keep your shield up somewhat.
>>
>>51889793
Waist high fences to everyone else wouldn't give you cover.
>>
>>51889793
You'd have to get armor more extensively modified to fit you, though that has no RAW meaning.
It'd be harder to fit in cover.
>>
>>51892056
On the martial side, I'm sort of torn between a Battle Master, Paladin, or some type of Ranger.

>If you're considering Wizard
I'm only considering it because I sorta want to see what kind of a fun little train wreck it could be
>>
>>51890784
>I am completely ignorant of the encounter building section of the DMG
So it would seem. A single CR appropriate enemy will never be more than a medium encounter for a party of 4 or more.
>>
>>51891938
What archetype/race do you recommend. Thus far the rival party is weighted heavily towards good while the players are more neutral, trying to do good but the NE, greedy-as-shit fighter starts shit.
>>
My DM is giving me some flexibility with my Mechanical Servant for my Artificer.

Doesn't have to be a beast and while the servant will count as a large construct the base stats do not have to be from a large creature. CR still capped at 2.

I was thinking Mimic.. Anyone have any other good ideas?
>>
>>51892187
Intellect Devourer
>>
>>51891198
sounds cool, though I don't think a middle kind of fiend serves any point, the yugoloth schtick merely serves to steal from the other two (as always) without adding anything whatsoever.

I have used guardian daemons, and I wouldn't mind using arcanoloths (I prefer the 4e interpretation of them being a form of demon for all intents and purposes) as a fiend that is a very powerful caster is pretty neat, but the only other kind of daemon I'd probably ever use is a piscoloth, due to their appearance in ff1.
>>
>>51891498
layering buffs is really not much of a thing in 5e, though I would like to try an arcana cleric with booming blade who specializes in fucking up other casters
>>
>>51886637
Would say Con for resisting the hallucinogen itself, Wis for disbelieving the hallucinations should you fail the Con. Might be a little wonky doing it like that, though.
>>
>>51892224
Didn't even occur to me but the character I have in mind works amazingly with Arcana Cleric. Thank you so much.
>>
>>51892187
Griffon, pegasus, and Carrion Crawler can get you where you need to go depending on how much you're spending inside vs out.
Shadow Mastiff can help you find shit pretty well.
>>
>>51892134
Hmm... All of them are pretty good choices, as long as you take the UA Ranger. If your GM doesn't allow UA, don't bother with it.

Paladin and Battlemaster are both very good choices. Paladin gives protective spells and smites, Battlemaster gives those sweet sweet maneuvers. With right maneuvers, you can do very nifty things with the casters, so the synergy might be better there.

On the other hand, Paladin would work as a second/third healer / self-healer.

The golden rule is though that it's better to not take damage rather than to heal it, so I guess I would be leaning Battlemaster in that case. The breadth of the abilities you can take allows for some nifty tricks.
>>
>>51892244
Cool, let us know how it goes. I'm interested in any storytime that isn't

>and then a warlock was retarded and he's ded/killed the party xDDD
>>
>>51892050
>while fire bolt only does one.
Well I mean you can twin fire bolt.
>>
>>51892134
An all-squishy party isn't bad at all if you regulate things right.

It's not like you don't all have defences (Cutting words, shield, cleric armour, etc) and healing and you can combine ranged attacks with spells that will stop the enemy from approaching.

Or you can use spells to get advantages before combat, to set up ambushes and such.
>>
>>51883664
Just mentioning that the new Hexblade UA is incredible for Bladelock, which is considered probably the 3rd worst trap, after Ranger and Elements Monk
>>
>>51892286
I guess you have a point. I could turn one scorching ray cast into 2 points, which I can then twin in separate occasions.

Even alone, whats better I guess. Two 2d10 firebolts, or 3 2d6 rays.I think you've got a point. I'll ditch ray. It'll also give fireball some better usage.
>>
So wait, would an Arcana cleric with Booming Blade or Green Fire Blade add his wisdom modifier to both instances of damage, or just one?
>>
File: 1479016142808.jpg (67KB, 702x562px) Image search: [Google]
1479016142808.jpg
67KB, 702x562px
>As you walk into the empty room, you feel a great force tugging at your body. You’re lifted off the ground and plucked out of the tower, like one would pluck a berry from a bush. You find yourself soaring over the open ocean and into the sky, farther and farther. The land falls away beneath you as you hurtle into the bleak vastness of space. Stars and suns and strange alien worlds of all colors and sizes pass you by in a blur. A thousand years passes you by, and then a thousand more. Time loses all meaning. Your voyage is unending. The cosmos erupts and is reborn in fire, and past that fire is a terrifying void, a bleak and emotionless nothing. And at the end of the fibers of the universe, you glimpse it, hovering beyond the shores of existence - a great writhing mass of tentacles. Its presence and size are incomprehensible. You only know that it is, was, and always will be.

>You are nothing.
>They are coming.

one of my players is gonna have a real fucked up prophetic dream, is this too hammy
>>
>>51892541
Nah just hammy enough
>>
>>51892541
I like it. It's a little hammy, yes, but it's good ham. The kind of ham that we all should have in our games to some extent. The ham that makes stuff fun.
>>
>>51892541
I'd drop "of tentacles" but pretty good.
>>
>>51892612
yeah tentacles aren't really scary

I have a friend who was running a horror campaign and he was absolutely humiliated and fuming with rage because his carefully crafted atmosphere was ruined when he sent flying tentacle beasts called "Fell Taints" at the party
>>
>>51892631
>flying tentacle beasts called "Fell Taints" at the party
What did he expect would happen? Why didn't he change the monsters?
>>
>>51892654
He thought party would be not 6th grader's probably.
Regardless, his actual mistake was giving them a name rather than just a description. If you want fear from the players there is a bell curve with y=horror and x=description length. You have to find that perfect amount where they're filling in the blanks because of the atmosphere you set and where you're describing the terribleness that is firm and set in full force.
>>
>>51892654

He's an unbelievably aloof/asocial programmer type person, who like me was homeschooled but he considers me some sort of highly social extrovert (when in reality I am a turbo basement dweller)
>>
>>51892691
He did give them a description. They seemed standard eldritch thing fare, complete with flooding your mind with >>51892541 style descriptions that inflicted psychic trauma as you were forced to confront your own insignificance, but all they could think of was hentai.
>>
Interesting ruling regarding the hexblade: the charisma attacks of hex warrior function perfectly well if using a versatile weapon in two hands. http://www.sageadvice.eu/2017/02/24/does-the-hexblades-hex-warrior-bonus-damage-apply-for-versatile-weapons/
>>
>>51892759
What's interesting about it? That's an obvious reading, because versatile weapons don't have the two-handed property.

It enables Great Weapon Fighting style. It does not enable Great Weapon Master.
>>
Assuming a party full of arcane cantrip users or literally whatever else is relevant, what is the best way to take advantage of Create Bonfire?
>>
>>51892754
>but all they could think of was hentai.
Did they come expecting a horror campaign? If so that's entirely on them being unwilling to cooperate. If not then the DM at least knows that his party is full of a bunch of anime watching degenerates who will snicker like grade-schoolers if he drops the ball for a second
most of that is sarcastic in case you cannot tell
>>
>>51892788
HOLD PERSON
COOKING FOOD
>>
>>51892788
>choke point
>heavily armored opponents
>creating light for darkvision-impaired party members, possible advantage
>endless campfire
>blocking exit
>>
>>51892523
If you burnt a level 2 spell slot, you could twin a firebolt twice, and each firebolt..

Actually, do you add +CHA damage from elemental affinity to both firebolts if it's twinned, or just one? It'd only add once to scorching ray, right?

I can see that twinned firebolt might be one roll but targets two or something.
If you get +CHA to both bolts, twinned firebolt would definitely be better. Otherwise, scorching ray would be slightly better... But honestly not worth keeping around.
>>
>>51892541
drop "tentacles" and it's good. Maybe even "writing mass," it's a bit cliché of an appearance for an eldritch being in my opinion but if that's what the thing looks like that's what the thing looks like. But definitely drop the word "tentacles."
>>
>>51892799
Good question.

Myself, I barely ever try to have tentacles or skeletons be skury. Incidentally, I gotta use a mohrg sometime, since the art rather than the description implies its a tentacle monster moving around a skeleton.
>>
>>51892873
>Actually, do you add +CHA damage from elemental affinity to both firebolts if it's twinned, or just one? It'd only add once to scorching ray, right?

A twinned spell makes a second target, not a separate damage roll. It's one damage rolled applied to two targets, just like fireball is one damage roll applied to everything in the blast.
>>
Is Heavy armour training worth it on Clerics that don't get it at level one?
>>
>>51892975
Maybe if you have a negative Dexterity modifier. The gap between medium with a positive Dex mod and heavy is too small to be worth a feat that could be war caster, resilient, great weapon master, sharpshooter, etc.
>>
>>51892975
I'd say no. The clerics who don't get proficiency in heavy armor tend to be ranged spellcasting types who get Potent Cantrip instead of Divine Strike. They shouldn't be getting attacked all that much.
>>
>>51893013
>>51892990
Melee Arcana Cleric. Just realised I can get Magic Initiate (Druid) for Shillelagh to use wisdom for attacks, so I can put a 10 in strength and a 14 in dexterity.
>>
>>51890244
You know what they say: Success is 50% luck and 50% seeing the future.
>>
Okay so I might end up busting out an old character in a game I'm in- he was a scythe-wielding old man of a farmer. Completely mundane. Was originally a gag character I rolled for a one-shot I was invited to that bloomed into a 5-session campaign.

Given that he was a commoner originally, any suggestions on what class to make him in 5e?
>>
>>51893156
Champion Fighter. Refluff a Glaive as a scythe and abuse GWM and PAM to show all those young fancy wizards the old ways are best.
>>
>>51893156

Most commoner like classes are monks and rangers, monks are based off people who lived in areas with weapon confiscation so that they had to learn how to use farm implements as weapons, and a ranger fits perfectly these days as just some yeoman with a hunting bow and a trusty dog.
>>
>>51892541
>>51892890
Maybe "undulating" instead?
>>
>>51893175
That's actually a pretty good idea. Very mundane, nothing flashy. It works. I was thinking maybe the spell-less ranger variant, but this is in the running now, too.
>>
>>51893180
I'd considered monk as well given that the DM has given several people his blessing to use the more recent UA stuff (I think we have a Treachery Paladin) so Kensei was a thought for the lack of armor.

No multiclassing, though, so unfortunately going Monk X, Other Class Y is out.
>>
>>51893186
Spell-less ranger could work. It's most likely a bit weaker but a Hunter Ranger's whirlwind being this farmer swinging like a madman could be pretty cool.
>>
>>51893209
I liked the herbal poultice idea, if only because while he wasn't making healing potions or anything, he did help the party out by identifying plants and using that worldly knowledge from time to time.

Given he's become a bit of a staple in the community, Champion Fighter might be the better fit, though, since he's probably had the time and money to get some gear and actual training by now. Maybe with the Healer feat at some point.
>>
>>51893199
I thought Kensai Monk was ok, and only got underpowered at the higher levels?
>>
>>51893290
Oh it's not a power/balance concern, but more that I'm having trouble divorcing the concept of ki and turning it into "Grit" or something like that, since he's not someone with any real magic or anything.

Was considering Lucky since that's how he stayed alive to the point of becoming an actual character.
>>
What are the best Battle Master maneuvers?
>>
Fresh bread.
>>51893467
>>51893467
>>51893467
>>
>>51891758
We have the wizard specializing in illusion and utility, a ranged fighter with the monster hunter archetype, and a monk. We were supposed to get a bard too, but he flaked.

Obviously the party could use melee, I'm just wondering if blade is a good option. We also could use a healer but our gm says he'll be generous with healing items.
>>
>>51892691
>description
I once described a room with 6 bearded devils (humanoid in shape, purple skin, writhing vine-like protrusions/tentacles coming from their chin) and the players thought they were Mind Flayers.

Imagine the horror.
Thread posts: 406
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.