[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post your best superhero system, /tg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 54

File: baby.jpg (10KB, 244x206px) Image search: [Google]
baby.jpg
10KB, 244x206px
Post your best superhero system, /tg/
>>
File: 1487899527590.jpg (116KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1487899527590.jpg
116KB, 1024x768px
>>51878039

GURPS
>>
File: MARVEL.png (88KB, 990x642px) Image search: [Google]
MARVEL.png
88KB, 990x642px
>>51878039
>>
>>51878208
GURPS is okay for supers, HERO is better.

I know you were trying to troll, but maybe next thread?
>>
>>51878039
Masks is pretty cool
>>
>>51878039
Aberrant. There's no reason to play in any other setting because we have the best one.
>>
>>51880325
>Aberrant
Never heard of it.

Tell me about it.
>>
File: PACE.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
PACE.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51880396
OId grim 'n gritty game using a variant of the White Wolf system. The basic premise is that supers suddenly start appearing out of nowhere and basically become terrifying reality tv stars if they're not co-opted by one government or another. Great world, mediocre and easily unbalanced ruleset.

>>51878039
Pace.
>>
>>51878295
This. GURPS literally is built on HERO systems back.

I will say though. I love heroes unlimited. I have a very competent GM who has solid reigns on the system.
>>
Hard to go wrong with Mutants & Masterminds.
>>
File: 1471370976462.png (958KB, 1804x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1471370976462.png
958KB, 1804x1200px
>>51881890
I second this.
M&M is a great system for lots of genres.
2nd Ed is, imo, the best and smoothest d20 game ruleset. The DM needs to be involved in character building, because there are rules that don't fit all campaigns. It is an elegant point buy system.
Herolab has a character builder for 2nd and 3rd Ed, the demo is free.
3rd ed seems awesome, but I don't use it.
>>
>>51882653
3rd edition is much cleaner and more streamlined than 2e. It doesn't feel like a hacked d20 system and is more of its own game.
>>
>>51882660
That was my impression. I find 2nd ed very easy for D&D players to get comfortable with.
I also like the gun combat in 2nd ed, and I'm fussy about gun rules. Is gun combat very different in 3rd Ed?
>>
>>51880298
Worlds in Peril is a more generic PbtA superhero game, in case you want a less "focused on teen identity crisis" drama than Masks.
>>
Mutants and Masterminds 3e is the best system ever made, and not just for superhero games either.

One of my fondest campaigns I've ever played in was M&M in a fantasy where the PCs were spirits/wraiths/demons embodying certain concept like revenge, the battlefield, hope or mercy.
>>
>>51882781
M&M can be adopted as a generalist system, and it does its job fairly well. The story I remember is how a party converted their high-level D&D campaign into M&M: every character was reasonably balanced and capable, and the fighter actually felt like a god of war for once.
>>
File: 1479773735437.jpg (178KB, 640x575px) Image search: [Google]
1479773735437.jpg
178KB, 640x575px
>>51882781
>>51882796
M&M Fantasy is some of the best I've ever played
Used the 2e Warriors&Warlocks rules and played in an Eberron-esque setting
>>
File: 1349664611533.jpg (201KB, 690x1203px) Image search: [Google]
1349664611533.jpg
201KB, 690x1203px
>>51878039
M&M 3e for crunchier games, MHRP for more comic booky games.

I prefer Marvel Heroic personally.
>>
>>51878039
HEROES UNLIMITED

PROVE ME WRONG (YOU CAN'T)
>>
Let's say I want to run a superhero game where one player wants to make Angel Summoner and another wants to make BMX Bandit. What system would allow both players to make the characters they want and be able to contribute equally without requiring me to do any extra work beyond what the game already expects to accommodate two radically different characters or expect me to simply veto one of the character ideas.
>>
>>51884255
...But that misses the joke of the entire skit.
>>
>>51884255
I really don't think there is a system that can do what you want.
You can't expect a mundane character to compete with a superhuman without a lot of GM fiat.
It's like batman on the justice league it only really works because the writers bend over backwards to make it work.
>>
>>51884255
desu any

mutants and masterminds, hero, marvel etc
>>
>>51884255
In Mutants & Masterminds, all characters are built using the same number of build points (assuming they're the same power level), so on paper, they would be balanced. However, M&M puts narrative above raw balance, so there may be instances where one character clearly outclasses another in a particular respect.
>>
>>51884109
You're wrong.

Boom, done.
>>
>>51884255
Savage worlds supers companion 2nd Edition, game is light on the rules and focusses on fast paced cinematic Action you would see in a Superhero Blockbuster. The powers are pretty cool and it is possible to create all your Basic and advanced supers tropes without any trouble. Also the rules are really simple so it is easy to adjust on the fly or homebrew.
>>
File: 2099.png (80KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2099.png
80KB, 1920x1080px
Prowlers and Paragons is pretty cool if you ignore its dumb rules for fate points. VERY rules-light if that's your bag.
>>
>>51884255
Why bend over backwards? Give them different things to do in the campaign.

Hawkeye should not be the same as Thor. Wildcat can't take Superman. But they can still be on the same team.
>>
File: AquamanAverageDay.jpg (73KB, 688x489px) Image search: [Google]
AquamanAverageDay.jpg
73KB, 688x489px
Since this seems like a place for it, anyone know where a nigga can find some Mutants and Masterminds PDFs?
>>
>>51884516
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/026war1l4oo42/Mutants_and_Masterminds#026war1l4oo42
>>
Marvel Universe has been good to my group recently. I mean it does need a bit of house ruling to stop busted powers (Hex-Spheres, looking at you) and to keep fluff in line with mechanics but it's otherwise great.
>>
Anyone got some Marvel Heroes pdfs?
>>
>>51884630
Many thanks!
>>
>>51878039
Valor.
Look in the PDF Share thread for a look.
>>
>>51878039
Hopefully abberent 2e.
>>
>>51885056
There's a 2e in the works?
Hopefully they cut down on the overpowered Godlike NPCs and Meta-Plot
>>
>>51885166
They've had a good run of doing that with all their new lines. Vampire doesn't have plot device power antiduleuvians running around, exalted doesn't have fucking two pages of charms exalts around. They posted bits and pieces of what they have so far, and if scion is anything to go by it should be good
>>
This is OP, I have to thank all of you guys. I'm gonna be GMing a Supers game for my group, and I thought the only real option I had was Mutants and Masterminds. Now I clearly see that's not the case. Marvel Heroic Roleplaying sounds really interesting, to be honest. Can I get a pdf for that?
>>
>>51885252
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wldilr11ta58m85/Marvel+Heroic+Roleplaying+Basic+Game.pdf
>>
ICONS is fun - also the fastest superhero system, bar none. Sit down to punching first bad guy time is like 15 minutes. Like old FASERIP with a bit of FATE.

Marvel Heroic is good, but only if all your players know how comic book stories work, since that's what the game emulates (rather than trying to simulate actual combat). Really good at handling the Angel/BMX problem. Bad if you have uncreative players.

Wild Talents: Best setting (Aberrant is shit). Superheroes show up in WWII (the opening of the Nazi Olympics is a fantastic scene), but the War keeps chewing them up. Very well written. A great and really versatile system, too, albeit pretty lethal (by design).
>>
>>51878039
Mutants and Masterminds SECOND edition is the best superhero system, hands down. It's also the best anime and fantasy system with the appropriate splatbooks.
>>
>>51886403
Oh, and I always found M&M to involve too much setup/teaching time for new players. So if that applies here, keep that in mind.
>>
FASERIP
>>
>>51885166
I just hope Teragen is less gay.
>>
Marvel Super Heroes Roleplaying Game

any houserules for movement?
>>
>>51886403
Wild Talents/ICONS sounds cool, does anyone have the pdfs?
>>
>>51886816
FASERIP or ICONS, depending on taste
>>
>>51878039
MHRPG

I mean, assuming super hero male power fantasy fulfillment is your goal.
>>
>>51884255
FATE or HERO or any other game where fluff is separated from crunch so you can hit people just as hard whether you're using a bazooka or a karate chop.

Games that care more about drama than 'realism' are what you need.

Imagine if BMX bandit was able to effortlessly dodge bullets, take out thugs, and jump across the building. That's him with the same amount of character points/refresh/etc as Angel Summoner, just spent on BMXing instead of Angel Summoning.
>>
>>51884109
Wanna come play in my game?
>>
>>51886774
I don't care about the stupid gay love triangle that was Terrigen's leadership all I care about is Divis Mal not being the Aberrant equivalent to "Rocks Fall Everybody Dies"
He literally is stated to have multiple reality warping Level 6 Powers including some that aren't even in the book

I like the idea that he functions like Magneto, trying to tell the world that Novas are inherently different and superior to Baselines part of the reason I loved being in Terrigen focused games and is considered one of the most powerful Novas in the world, but you have to let the players be able to reach that level too, especially when you allow the players the options provided in the Aberrant Players Guide, you don't let them be the JLA/Authority examples the book provides for 75-100+ point characters and then say "No my super special OC blow yours out of the water with a flick of his wrist while making out with his boyfriend"
>>
>Invited to a parody superhero game like Boku No Hero Academia or OPM, M&M game
>Make mentally handicapped catfolk with sand controlling powers
>Code name: Silly Cat
>GM kicks me out
Why?
>>
I had a loose pick up and play styled capegame idea that I scrapped because I could not think up enough heroes and villains npcs for it. Tell me should I try again or keep it in the trash.

>Basic idea is that a city's go to superhero team is missing and the rest of the world is off fighting other threats to go take care of it
>Players would belong to one of two factions, sponsored heroes (kind of a Justice League Unlimited type deal) and vigilantes
>Long term goal is to take the city back block by block while fighting off villains and their gangs
>>
>>51891811
Are the vigilantes illegal or basically independent heroes?
>>
>>51892581
independent, most npcs might treat them like they are illegal and they would be lacking on resources
>>
>>51891404
>mentally handicapped catfolk
This, probably
>>
>>51892619
Okay, that's good.

You should try again if you really want to. Don't worry too much about coming up with NPCs. It's hard to be original since practically everything has been done in that field, and you could probably get away with shamelessly cribbing from other pieces of fiction while giving them a few changes. Trying too hard to be original usually results in shit characters anyway. One of my superhero character ideas for example, is an absolutely obvious amalgalm of bug type heroes based primarily on Jaime Reyes' Blue Beetle and Spider-Man.
>>
File: Types_of_Triangles.jpg (106KB, 404x405px) Image search: [Google]
Types_of_Triangles.jpg
106KB, 404x405px
>>51891811
Sounds pretty great, I've had a similar idea about mapping out an entire city and assigning gang territory and the players are a new up and coming gang that wants to take over.

If you can't think out enough NPCs just remember that they don't all have to actually be deep and intersting characters.
A few villains can be the big fish with lots of territory, those are the ones that get proper backstories and personalities, but most of them can just be small groups of thugs that only have one single block under their control and have leaders with ridiculous powers you can come up with by saying the first thing that comes to your mind like "the young girl with the incredible power of making anything that is an equilateral triangle float" or just straight up using random online power generators.
It's entirely believable that minor gang leaders are ridiculous people with ridiculous powers that make it hard for you to take them serious, those people only even have that little bit of territory because they were at the right place at the right time when the power vacuum emerged from the lack of heroes being around.
>>
>>51891811
>I could not think up enough heroes and villains npcs for it
You can use one of my villain gang ideas if you want.

They're basically a criminal biker gang, the majority of which are normies with a smattering of low-powered goons and some high-powered leadership.

They're fire themed, and the normies use a lot of molotov cocktails and incendiary rounds.

The powered members are:

>Burnout
Gang leader. Powerful pyrokinetic who can infuse and enhance things with fire (usually her bike) as well as straight up create and control it. She looks like an athlete who got hooked on drugs, because that's exactly what she is. She has big plans for the city and is looking to expand. She's ambitious, cold, and calculating. Bad temper though.

>Slag
Burnout's younger brother and go-to muscle. Imagine a Colossus with an immunity to heat and covered with molten metal (that he can shape at will) with a bad attitude, a drinking problem, and a sadistic streak and you've got a good picture.

>Speed
Not a speedster, but an inventor-type who specializes in creating fast, enhanced vehicles. He provides the gang with their souped-up super bikes. These are what make the gang a real danger, since they are VERY fast and have powerful weapons and defenses built in. I'm talking force-fields, lasers, grenade launchers, flamethrowers, you name it. The downside is the bikes are pretty fragile mechanically and he is constantly swamped with maintenance work. Burnout "recruited" him with some shameless bullying and getting him hooked on (you guessed it) speed. He's actually pivotal in taking the gang down, since he's essentially a prisoner. He wants to kick his addiction and turn himself in, but Burnout has a solid psychological grip on him so he'll need some convincing.

Or kidnapping. Either way the gang's equipment will start to suffer and break down once he's out of the picture, making them way easier to take down.
>>
>>51892800
>those people only even have that little bit of territory because they were at the right place at the right time when the power vacuum emerged from the lack of heroes being around.
Like the Merchants in Worm?
>>
File: Mother's Milk.jpg (35KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
Mother's Milk.jpg
35KB, 620x400px
>>51878039
Whichever let's me play as one of the Boys.
>>
File: HiLo_Heroes.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
HiLo_Heroes.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51878039

Marvel Heroic Roleplaying is FANTASTIC, easily the best system, but it is unfortunately unfinished, and the makers lost the liscence before they finished, meaning it will be FOREVER unfinished.

I also have had great success with pdf-related
>>
Would a villain who's a living skeleton pass in a superhero setting? I really don't want him to just be a guy in a skeleton costume if I don't have to.
>>
>>51894914
Almost anything passes in a superhero setting
>>
>>51894914
>who is mister bones
>>
>>51895363
Mister Bones is technically just a fully human man with an invisible body save for the bones.

>>51895324
Yeah, fair point, I've just had an old GM think it was a little too fantastical. I would say a walking skeleton is more "out there" than a zombie.

I was going to have his condition be a form of immortality attained magically, through a long hidden treasure or something like that.
>>
>>51895421
Your GM needs to read some comic books then. Shit can get fucking weird.
>>
>>51894914
The most infamous villain in the Nickelodeon superhero cartoon El Tigre was a skeleton woman.
>>
>>51895421
>Mister Bones is technically just a fully human man with an invisible body save for the bones.
He's still, for all intents and purposes, a skeleton man. Just explained differently.
>>
>>51895421
Have them read Doom Patrol.
>>
>>51895421
>I was going to have his condition be a form of immortality attained magically, through a long hidden treasure or something like that.
It sounds more like a wish you would get from a monkey's paw.

>I wish that I was free of the ravages and weaknesses of the flesh! Allow me to live forever!
>lol ok
>>
>>51878039
HERO

>>51880396
It's the white wolf supers system.

It's okay, I guess. No rules for designing powers though, it's more "grab stuff from a list".
>>
>>51882781
M&M has satisfying character creation, but it's gameplay it's the most mechanically bland and boring of any game I've ever played.

Determined I was unwilling to play it ever again and have my book away on the condition that the player never ask to play it with our group, going forward.
>>
File: 1354153172060.jpg (216KB, 1280x401px) Image search: [Google]
1354153172060.jpg
216KB, 1280x401px
>>51895421
>too fantastical
>Cape comics
>>
File: 1439871823322.jpg (32KB, 317x466px) Image search: [Google]
1439871823322.jpg
32KB, 317x466px
>>51895421
>I've just had an old GM think it was a little too fantastical
>too fantastical
That nigga shouldn't be running a Supers game
>>
>>51896915
Damn and I thought the planet one was cool.
>>
>>51896799
I've been looking at M&M a bit, and it looks pretty interesting to me. Is it really not fun to play?
>>
>>51897784
I found the combat very tedious, and characters looked different but played basically the same. Couple different attacks at different amounts of accuracy and damage, choosing the one most appropriate to whomever you were fighting, seemed to be 90% of turns, and combat would often just drag on back and forth forever.

I was not a fan. I know some other people who enjoy it though.
>>
>>51897784
M&M's mechanics don't tie back into the fiction of your powers very well. If disassociated mechanics bother you, it'll bother you pretty much the whole time your playing.
>>
>>51886403
>Superheroes show up in WWII (the opening of the Nazi Olympics is a fantastic scene), but the War keeps chewing them up.
>Wild Talents
That's Godlike, sir.
>>
>>51897820
>>51897827
Okay, thanks.

It doesn't sound like it would bother me too much. I'm used to dressing up mechanics. The dragging combat sounds like a problem though.
>>
Does anyone know of WeaverDice improved any?
>>
File: 2e Gadgeteer.jpg (75KB, 639x475px) Image search: [Google]
2e Gadgeteer.jpg
75KB, 639x475px
>>51897827
Going the d20 route was a mistake, I agree. The way M&M relies on the 1/20 probability just doesn't mesh well with certain concepts, like powers that should conceivably always work but miss due to wonky wiffs.

That and the fact that, RAW, you only have to be half as strong as Superman to actually injure him. There were some silly design decisions along the way, that much is obvious.

But most of the issues people have with M&M can be solved by fudging and fiat, and the core book recommends this anyway. What that says about the game itself, hey, I've already made my opinions clear. It's still a fun game to run, and easy to use in any conceivable setting.
>>
>>51899717
It's playable, still unfinished but not a hot mess.
People on the IRC seem to be using it just fine so I guess it's worth to give another chance.

But just in case you really can't stand it in the current form, I remember from the Weaver Dice General a long time ago that people recommended only using the character creation part (handing out triggers, brainstorming the powers, rolling for advantages/disadvantages etc.) but using another system to play.
If you are autistic enough for it I'd say GURPS could be a nice fit for that, it's similar in grit and lethality. More fitting for the setting than something like Mutants&Masterminds.
>>
>>51897574

He was fighting a sentient Anthrax Virus that belongs to the Sinestro Corps as well.

Who also brought in a sentient Warworld thing to fight Mogo, a thing that was actually a shout out to a prophecy from the 80's.
>>
could y'all see a skeleton man or a super intelligent smallpox virus being in Worm, though? sometimes there is a bar
>>
>>51901350
Worm is a pile of shit though so that's a pretty low bar
>>
Yes there's a bar, good thing though that bar can be moved wherever the hell the GM wants it to be.

Sure if he wants to make the game something grounded the player should probably make a fittingly down to earth character but the original anon never specified where their GM set the bar and a skeleton man would absolutely fit into the average superhero game.
>>
>>51901459 meant for >>51901350 obviously
>>
File: 1476600701112.jpg (26KB, 308x308px) Image search: [Google]
1476600701112.jpg
26KB, 308x308px
>>51901390
>>
>>51901490
I like Worm but that is in no way bait, it really isn't all that liked on /tg/ (barring the rare positive Worm thread every once in a blue moon).
>>
>>51901540
I can't imagine why, unless people here just really aren't into how dark it is.
>>
>>51901571
It has plenty of problems as a story, weird pacing issues, the high school stuff at the very beginning which probably turned a lot of people off, an unlikeable main character (which I don't agree with at all but it's a common enough complaint that it's still worth mentioning), the way the quality of the story slowly becomes inconsistent after it leaves the consistently great street level parts behind.

I still love it, not even saying this lightly, for all the things it does right like the god tier worldbuilding or the sheer volume of interesting characters and powers (among other things) but I acknowledge that it has flaws that could definitely make someone else hate it.
>>
>>51901571
Worm is great, but even though it's one of my favorite settings I have problems with the story. It really started going downhill once Wildbow started upping the scale. Character actions and motivations didn't make sense to me, I didn't like how the focus moved away from character driven conflicts and problems, and I started to not like Taylor as a protagonist or the Undersiders as a supporting cast. More interludes with more characters would have helped with that. I also didn't like the non-stop action and shitshows that took up the whole middle chunk of the story.

It's still good, but hardly flawless. It's also not a very good superhero or villain story.
>>
>>51901966
>weird pacing issues
Granted.
>the high school stuff at the very beginning
The first chapter or two made me drop it like a hot potato the first time I tried to read it, true.
>an unlikeable main character
I don't really like her either, but mostly because of all the "muh" in her motivation ("muh Dinah" and "muh territory") and how obnoxious that got. Didn't generally mind her as a POV character, though, as much as I couldn't really tell you anything that I liked about her as a character outside of her clever thinking and resourcefulness. She's a bit dry.
>the way the quality of the story slowly becomes inconsistent after it leaves the consistently great street level parts behind
I can get behind this, but the sheer scope of the story just becomes impressive after a while. Definitely not at all a fan of the Slaughterhouse 9000, as much as the stakes were raised at that point. Cheapened much of what happened earlier.

It's still my favorite serious superhero story of all time.
>>
>>51902581
Yeah, the action scenes in Worm can get really exhausting to slog through, especially without a sufficient breather.
>>
>>51902637
This is something that I think that the beginning of the story did really well. Taylor had downtime between her cape exploits, and she had problems to deal with in that time that were purely civilian but still tied to her cape life.

If the story had opened with the Lung fight instead of Taylor's personal bully drama I think a lot more people would have been hooked.
>>
>>51902696
Getting to the Lung fight is what sold me on it.
>>
When people read Worm they often make the mistake of thinking wb is a misanthrope and he really isn't. He just sees the world as being really tough and full of decent people with genuine problems that they can't deal with, and who have to make shitty choices.
This also extends to the government in Worm, all the shady shit, the corruption and the outright criminality of law enforcement is not part of an anti government message but is actually part of a message that people will do what they feel is necessary in extreme circumstances with results that while imperfect are still better than the consequences of not trying..

Also, Worm is not a deconstruction. It's just a guy writing a superhero setting full of the stuff he finds fun, and he just happens to be Wildbow, who is a bit of weirdo.
>>
>>51902831
If there was just one thing I would change about the setting, I would just make things not so fucked. They would still be fucked up and tough, because that's life, but I wouldn't have gone the apocalypse route and I wouldn't have had S Class threats kicking down the door every five arcs. I feel like those things alone are what are really responsible for the absolutely shit way things have to be in Worm, and they really justified Taylor's stance and made it the only really correct one, which I don't like. If there was just more wiggle room and a little bit of hope, more optimistic viewpoints could be possible without being totally wrong.
>>
>>51902819
Same. I only stuck with it until then because I found out about it here on /tg/ in a thread about angels, where somebody posted this picture of the Simurgh (called her ol' Ziz) so I knew going in that it was going to get interesting at some point.
>>
>>51903681
What they ended up doing with her was very interesting.

Also would bang and go crazy a decade later
>>
>>51902986
I understand, but worm is ultimately the story of the end of days, from the perspective of someone who inhabits several positions in that society, going from ordinary person to someone who decides how the new, post apocalyptic world will look.

Pact is better though. Worm is only ok, even at it's best, while Pact is occasionally fucking amazing once you get through the obtuse systems, even though it's admittedly a slog.
>>
>>51880298
Gotta agree with Masks. I've been enjoying it. It has its issues, but I like it for what it does. It's a 'silver bullet' system in that its very narrow in its genre (Young Justice style teen drama superheroics), but VERY good at that genre.
>>
>>51903965
I honestly would have been okay if Worm had just stayed largely street level. The first 9 arcs were the best for me.
>>
File: 1485588413505.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1485588413505.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>>51905386
>Game called Masks
>look it up
>99% of the characters in the art are not wearing masks
>>
>>51903965
I tried to read Pact but didn't get past the part where he was being chased through the snow by the skull head things or whatever they were. I pictured them as Leshens from Witcher 3.
>>
>>51884815
http://classicmarvelforever.com/cms/
>>
File: ULTIMATE COVER 3 Small.jpg (16KB, 200x259px) Image search: [Google]
ULTIMATE COVER 3 Small.jpg
16KB, 200x259px
Any good?
>>
File: 604162_orig.jpg (101KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
604162_orig.jpg
101KB, 533x800px
>>51907694
Or how about this?
>>
>>51907694
Yes. It works quite well. Simple system without any real flaws that I ever came across.

>>51907711
I have it and it always looked interesting but I've never had a chance to play. Sorry.
>>
File: NOFP.jpg (212KB, 828x1061px) Image search: [Google]
NOFP.jpg
212KB, 828x1061px
anybody ever run this?
>>
>>51906555
The title does not refer to literal Masks alone.
>>
>>51909382
I know.

I was being deliberately obtuse.

It actually sounds fun from what I've read of it. Some of the Drives gave me a chuckle.

>Kiss someone dangerous
>Make out with a teammate
>Get drunk or high with a teammate
>Punch someone you probably shouldn't

Sounds like a good time.
>>
>>51909447
So it's literally focused on the drama aspect of being a teenage superhero?
Because those character goals sound pretty hilarious, going to check it out.
>>
>>51909611
Yeah it seems really geared toward the personal side of things, but it seems alright.
>>
>>51902593
I got absolutely sick of Taylor by the end of it. So many interesting and dimensional characters the story could have followed, and we got her.
>>
File: 1600.jpg~original.jpg (331KB, 600x917px) Image search: [Google]
1600.jpg~original.jpg
331KB, 600x917px
So what type of setting do you usually go with for your Supers game.
Established, homebrew, Golden Age, 90's EXTREME, or something of a more Modern milieu

I myself have recently been kicking around the idea of running a game in a Combined DC/Marvel universe where all the various superheroes of the big 2 coexist and have always coexisted
>>
File: 1485296582799.jpg (27KB, 480x445px) Image search: [Google]
1485296582799.jpg
27KB, 480x445px
Deathwatch rpg.

1. Hugely overpowered heros? Yep.
2. Entertaining weapons? CHECK
3. Have to battle massive swarms of enemies to feel challenged? done.
>>
>>51911878
I usually prefer modern settings, although not nearly as dark or realistic like a lot of them seem to be. I would have to say one like Legion of Nothing would be my ideal homebrew. You still get amazing powers, aliens, magic, cool costumes, devious villains and righteous heroes and all that, but it's presented in a more grounded way than most comics are.
>>
What system are better to make nice&sweet crunchy game around Watchmen, Punisher, The Boys Cape Busting style game?
GURPS, HERO/Champions, Cortex Marvel, Mutants & Masterminds or something else?
>>
>>51913425
For Watchmen & Punisher I'd probably go Wild Talents. M&M is a bit too high powered, and the lower you go the more the system kind of breaks down.

Haven't read The Boys, so I couldn't give you a good rec on the system to use.
>>
>>51913425
I would use GURPS, HERO or Wild Talents personally.
>>
>>51913522
I've found Wild Talents works better toward the lower Street Level end of the scale with Mutants&Masterminds being more appropriate for higher JLA/Avengers end
>>
>>51914822
> Amalgam Universe
I have an idea for a /co/ and /tg/ crossover.
>>
File: 1476480585095.jpg (1023KB, 2600x1931px) Image search: [Google]
1476480585095.jpg
1023KB, 2600x1931px
>>51916047
Amalgam was such a weird fantastic thing
>>
File: 1476480663440.jpg (882KB, 2600x1931px) Image search: [Google]
1476480663440.jpg
882KB, 2600x1931px
>>51916181
>>
File: 1476480750031.jpg (1MB, 2600x1931px) Image search: [Google]
1476480750031.jpg
1MB, 2600x1931px
>>51916205
>>
>>51909447
>>51909611
>>51909715

Those Drives are specifically for one class, the Beacon, which is basically your Robin / Artemis kind of playbook. It's a fun playbook.

Masks is ABSOLUTELY geared towards the personal drama side of things, especially given that all 'damage' is represented mechanically through emotional consequences (though physical damage can still impair you in-the-fiction). I found that the Condition system actually produces really cinematic and exciting combat, however, as it really reminds players that when their character takes damage, that should CHANGE HOW THEIR CHARACTER BEHAVES. It's really intense watching the fight escalate as Conditions stack up, and see characters get more emotional and collapse under the pressure of having to stand up and fight, despite their losses and pain.

It also makes 'social combat' (hate that phrase) a lot easier to run, so the personal drama stuff remains exciting. The Influence and Label system also means that personal drama directly ties into your action capabilities, so it never feels like the game is silo'd into "superhero action" and "teenage drama" - it always feels interconnected.

It's really fun, and it can be hilarious if you want to play it that way. (The campaign I've been GMing tends more towards humorous so far, but it's had its share of drama.)
>>
>>51916219
The insignia for Blade Runner is fantastic
>>
>>51916270
Also, the playbooks, moves, and GM sheets are all available as free downloads. You can really play 99% of the game without even buying it. Here you go: http://www.magpiegames.com/masks/masks-playbooks-moves/
>>
>>51916219
>Wolverine/Flash hybrid
That sounds broken as fuck.
>>
>>51916205
I thought Dark Knight was a mix of Moon Knight and Batman at first. That would make more sense, honestly. And Superman and Captain America would make more sense too.
>>
>>51917152
Super-Soldier was indeed used in the actual Amalgam comic
>>
>>51917092
>super fast manlet with claws
Everybody hold on to your ankles.
>>
>>51878208
Its like if your ballsack lost all its hair and grew legs
>>
>>51914822

...is that Lobo the Duck in that Taxi?
>>
>>51917215
And a face.

You do know ballsacks don't usually have faces, right?
>>
>>51914822
Who is Rogue supposed to be mixed with?
>>
>>51917285
Superboy maybe, from the jacket?
>>
>>51917177

I can't tell if his sidekick is meant to be Rick Jones or Bucky crossed with Jimmy. I'm thinking Rick because of the lack of domino mask, and Amalgam happened when Bucky was still as dead as Uncle Ben.

...Uncle Ben IS still dead right? NO, CLONES DO NOT COUNT.
>>
File: 6.jpg (704KB, 1600x1244px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
704KB, 1600x1244px
>>51917285
Who knows there where a lot of weird Amalgams
>>
>>51917416

>Shatterstarfire

Christ

>Husk/Dial H cross

Okay, you can stay.
>>
File: JLX-0203.jpg (509KB, 2000x1526px) Image search: [Google]
JLX-0203.jpg
509KB, 2000x1526px
>>
>>51917732
Who is Cyclops supposed to be mixed with?
>>
File: Ray_001.jpg (314KB, 686x995px) Image search: [Google]
Ray_001.jpg
314KB, 686x995px
>>51918286
The Ray
>>
File: 1360790229289.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1360790229289.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>51917294
>Superboy maybe
>>
>>51919679
I have no idea what this reaction gif is supposed to imply
>>
File: sbgcosplay.jpg (94KB, 714x1115px) Image search: [Google]
sbgcosplay.jpg
94KB, 714x1115px
>>51920067
He's uncontrollably aroused?
>>
>>51920804
Now I am too
>>
File: konelle4.jpg (256KB, 615x433px) Image search: [Google]
konelle4.jpg
256KB, 615x433px
>>51920870
Superboy has never been hotter.
>>
File: tumblr_o4rphc6zVJ1r9ygeqo1_1280.png (179KB, 727x935px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4rphc6zVJ1r9ygeqo1_1280.png
179KB, 727x935px
>>51878039
Anyone wanna throw some superhero / supervillain ideas at me to add to my setting? I want to have a lot of diversity and random NPCs to call upon to flesh out the world, and it'd be fun to have anon suggestions and ideas in there!

I can also dump some characters I've already come up with, or were given kindly by anons in past threads, if people would like that.
>>
>>51923421
What's the tone of your setting?
Are more crazy and out there ideas welcome or do you want it to stay more grounded?
>>
>>51923421
I posted my pyro speed bikers above, you can use those if you're setting is more gritty and street-level in tone.

See>>51893060
>>
>>51923819
>you're
Fuck
>>
File: tumblr_o31a7sWKq11r9ygeqo1_1280.jpg (394KB, 1169x827px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o31a7sWKq11r9ygeqo1_1280.jpg
394KB, 1169x827px
>>51923613
I was the guy raving about Masks earlier, and it's a Masks campagn. For a power level / tone, think somewhere between Spiderman and Teen Titans / Young Justice. I'd describe it as "evil can win battles, but good always wins the war" - drama and bad shit happens, and things can get serious and dark, but for the most part it's prevailingly light-hearted and optimistic, and assumes the best of people.

If it helps, so far the team consists of a straight-A straightlace student with some squicky powers that give him trouble, a homeless vagabond ex-thief, and a wannabe orphan hero who wields his veteran grandpappy's war-trophy swords. So it's got a mix of rough home lives, academic obligations, and superhero intrigue.

I'm okay with any kinds of ideas - I can always find a place for them, or tweak them as needed - and even varying power levels and tone is fine.

Thanks for asking the questions, and I'm sorry I didn't clarify in advance! That was silly of me to forget something so basic...

>>51923819
>>51893060

Oh yeah, dude, I totally forgot to comment on those! I meant to earlier but I was out and on mobile.

I LOVE Burnout. Infusing and enhancing with fire is genius, totally love love love that. What a unique take on the pyro.

Slag is also great, I love the image of molten metal armor, that's wonderful.

Speed provides a really good hook into the drama of the situation, and it works perfectly with my player characters - they are definitely in the 'super ghetto' of their city, where there's lots of gangs and such.

I actually had a character with pyro-powers who I was lining up to be a gangster, so I might add him to the pyro biker gang. I'll post him next.
>>
File: soon-sang-hong- (8).jpg (97KB, 908x1024px) Image search: [Google]
soon-sang-hong- (8).jpg
97KB, 908x1024px
>>51923842
I can also dump some super images, as thanks.

The guy I had in mind I was an idiot punk of a teen, Hothead, who is simply a vandal who wants in on this whole villainy business. When he's angry, he projects a superheated corona around his body that makes him glow white-hot, and melts / incinerates anything near him.

It'd be cool to tie this into your pyro-biker gang by having them want to recruit him - to fit into their fire gimmick - and him being torn between the power they offer, and the obligations he'd have to their gang.

The Punks - my player characters - could get involved and have to help choose sides, indirectly realizing Speed wants to switch sides too, perhaps...
>>
>>51889345
Eh don't have the time but thanks anyway family
>>
>>51923955
Right now I'm looking for an "Alien", "Genius", and "Myth" archetype. Any suggestions?
>>
>>51923955
Burnout would definitely want him, and not just because he has strong fire powers. The fire theme was something that just happened, since Burnout and Slag (being related) have similar powers that revolve around fire and heat and changing and affecting objects with them. Burnout is of a more practical mindset (exception is when she gets angry), and beyond the usefulness of the image it presents, she doesn't care about the fire theme.

She would want Hothead because he has a strong power, and he's young and impressionable so she could essentially mold him to do whatever she wants. She takes a carrot and stick approach to manipulation. She would be nice at first and draw him in with offers of everything he wanted (action, respect, women, money, drugs, whatever) while making false promises to assuage whatever reservations he might have. She puts on a killer "big sister" facade, having tons of practice dealing with her actual younger brother.

When Hothead gets suitably entrenched though, he'll start seeing less carrots and more sticks. If he screws up or disobeys, Burnout would start with scare tactics and threats, eventually progressing to taking away the things she promised him and finally physical abuse. She treats Speed much the same way, although she doesn't really have to anymore, since she's already broken him down and has her fingers on all his buttons. She mostly does it these days because she enjoys it, and as a longtime abuser she sees no reason to stop and doesn't need much of a reason to keep going.

Slag, on the other hand, would care about preserving the theme and would love to take Hothead under his wing. Despite being prone to violence and angry outbursts, he isn't a calculating abuser like his older sister and actually feels all things more strongly than her.

To give you an example of how they're different, if Hothead ran from the gang, Slag would be angry (and hurt) at the betrayal.

Burnout would be angry something was taken from her.
>>
File: da_by_eryckwebbgraphics-d8uza23.png (383KB, 582x900px) Image search: [Google]
da_by_eryckwebbgraphics-d8uza23.png
383KB, 582x900px
>>51924249
Right, exactly! I figured the fact that he's young, impressionable, and powerful was obvious enough to be unsaid. Of course they'd want him for that - everyone would. But I imagine Burnout would also have a special interest because of the fact that he 'resembles family'. That would only deepen the "he is mine" feeling she probably would have.

I definitely got the vibe of 'carrot and stick manipulator' from her - she doesn't simply intimidate and force people into her gang, but manipulates them into walking right in, and letting themselves become vulnerable and controllable. Etc.

Thanks for the advice!
>>
>>51924310
>But I imagine Burnout would also have a special interest because of the fact that he 'resembles family'. That would only deepen the "he is mine" feeling she probably would have.
You're right, she is possessive. She's used to being in control and not being defied, since she's been abusing and bossing Slag around ever since they were kids. Control is something she's particular about, and not doing as she says (even if she is wrong and knows it) or taking something or someone she has labeled as hers is a surefire way to get yourself hurt.

If your players actually did get Speed or Hothead away from her, there would be a massive amount of consequences. It would be the kind of thing to get her fired up (Carlos.jpg) and would provoke an irrational, violent response. Like her leading the gang members on a violent rioting crusade to either find Speed and Hothead, or the PCs if she knows they're the ones that took them. Attempted murder would ensue. This would definitely be a dangerous, city wide event to conclude an arc or chapter or whatever you want to call it, but the bikes would be breaking down left and right, since Speed hasn't done the required maintenance on a lot of them, being taken from the gang and all.

One more thing to remember about Burnout is that despite me describing her as an ambitious, cold, calculating manipulator, she is not above her gang in any way. She's addicted to drugs. She's promiscuous. She enjoys violence. She is a biker, not just the head of a biker gang. Slag is the same. Speed is not (except for the drugs).

Alright, that's all the relevant shit. I can clarify anything if you ask, like an outline of their personal history and such, but otherwise I'll stop steering things back to them and let things go on.
>>
>>51917215
GURPS can't be that bad, can it?
>>
>>51924511
>One more thing to remember about Burnout is that despite me describing her as an ambitious, cold, calculating manipulator, she is not above her gang in any way.

Precisely. That's really what drew me in. She's self-aware about her failings - as one can see from the name she's adopted - and she represents how even supers can suffer, and fail, and break down, and be fucked up. Villains aren't just comically evil or nasty... they're people who have thoroughly been hurt, and want to hurt back.

The added element of the bikes breaking down after losing Speed is just an extra layer of metaphor on top of that, no?
>>
>>51924179
>"Genius"
You mean like Lex Luthor genius or inventor genius?
>>
>>51878039
Heroclix
>>
>>51924616
Either! I'm looking for heroes specifically right now, but I'm also looking for villains.

The problem I'm having with the Genius archetype is giving them a useful power besides just 'super smart'. Here's what I was thinking:

>Sentry
Sentry is not a combat hero, but instead a remarkably intelligent support hero. Her power is the ability to see out of objects she's touched in the past day. These objects must be within a certain range - maybe a mile? - and she can only see out of one object at a time.

Serving as reconnaissance, surveillance, and mission operation, she coordinates Earth's Exemplars (Justice League ripoff) in their missions, ensuring it all goes smoothly.

She's an expert at stealth and infiltration, as well - as she should be, given her need to touch objects to see out of them. She can also use drones, thrown projectiles, and more if necessary.

-

For "Alien", it's honestly so big of a category that I'm struggling with the 'blank paper' problem of where to start. Same with "Myth".
>>
>>51924695
Oh, and to be clear again - gosh, sorry for being so vague today, I must be out of it - "Myth" is like Thor or Wonder Woman. Supernatural, divine.
>>
>>51924608
You're on the right track. As you've probably guessed, Burnout didn't have the best upbringing, being abused herself (not sexually), leading to her being an abuser in turn. Most people would have turned out with a spectacular superiority complex because of this, but not Burnout. It gave her more a nihilistic view, that the only meaning you'll find in life is the one you make yourself with the power you have, that no once is inherently good and everyone is fucked up, even her. Hence her control issues, ambition, and nonchalant attitude towards substance abuse, actual abuse, violence, and sex. She was meant to be a dark mirror to the protagonist (this all is the basis for some fiction I want to write) who came to much to the same conclusion, but instead of taking it as a reason to be bad, they took it as a reason to do good. If the only meaning in life is one you make, why not make a good one, that sort of thing.
>>
>>51884255
skill checks. people do different things m8
>>
>>51924852
>If the only meaning in life is one you make, why not make a good one, that sort of thing.

Love that message! Definitely feel the same way in my life.

I'd love to hear more about the story! It's good stuff, what I've heard so far. What's the premise, plot? Any other characters you're proud of?
>>
>>51924695
I had an idea for another inventor type. Kind of a geek kid who specializes primarily in harnessing different kinds of light. He couches it mainly in a pixel theme (love that vidya) and comes up with the alter ego Arcade Knight. Hard light sword (no actual cutting edge, it tazes), creating hologram duplicates, lasers, invisibility, hardlight constructs (that he has to program into his gauntlet projector before hand, no Green Lantern shenanigans for you), and I'm toying with the idea of giving him some kind of flight system. He also keeps an invisible, thin, hardlight construct around his armor, basically acting as a forcefield.

He's mostly a hero for the escapism, but genuinely enjoys doing good as well.
>>
File: hotstreak_by_onecoyote.png (192KB, 600x738px) Image search: [Google]
hotstreak_by_onecoyote.png
192KB, 600x738px
>>51924948
Oooh, I love that! That would definitely be good to use as a peer alongside the rest of the Punks, a fellow kid for them to bond or struggle with.

I really love the idea of a hard light sword that tazes, and the pixel theme is great.
>>
>>51925056
Thanks. The video game theme is what he's based around. He essentially takes on the role of someone else, getting out of his drab and lonely life for a while to be someone truly spectacular. He gets amusingly theatrical and dramatic, and is a lot more confident and outgoing as Arcade Knight. This isn't all that good though, as he's terrified of blurring the line between his hero life and his normie life, as he doesn't want people to find out that Arcade Knight is a scrawny and socially inept geek underneath all the armor. If you have him bond with your players' characters, bear in mind he is way more withdrawn and shy in personal situations. Performing, he can do. Connecting on a personal level would be hard for him. Unmasking to other heroes wouldn't be something done lightly, and he really wouldn't do it at all if he could avoid it. The obligatory blonde bombshell cheerleader teen hero in my story is meant to take an interest in him, because Arcade Knight is a very popular and funny hero, but even though he wants to connect with her (giggity) he's terrified of her seeing him for how he really is, to repeat what I said before.

His arc is meant to be a magic feather situation, realizing that he doesn't need Arcade Knight to be confident and such.
>>
>>51925203
>batman
>mundane
>>
>>51925232
Right! The classic Peter Parker set-up perfectly suits that sort of situation, and would make for interesting dynamics with PCs as they deal with a boisterous and confident hero, and then the whiplash as he's revealed to be a scrawny and shy kid underneath, allowing for interesting twists on relationships - people who get along well with him as Arcade Knight in the field might struggle to connect when he's just his normal self, and vice versa!
>>
>>51924937
>What's the premise, plot?
Nothing concrete so far. I know the early plot will revolve around the protagonist and the effects of his actions on the street level situation, but beyond that I'm not sure. I don't want to cop out and do a "save the world" thing, so I'll have to give it more thought.

>Any other characters you're proud of?
Proud of? I don't know. I like Arcade Knight, and he's meant to be a POV character, but not the protagonist. His relationship with the blonde bombshell hero is something I want to flesh out, make into a genuine romance that doesn't take up everything. If he winds up being better than the protag then I'll probably use him.

The blonde bombshell hero (who needs a name) is meant to be deceptive. She appears shallow and airheaded at first, but this is only because of the bias of the protagonist, who immediately judges her for her appearance and never quite grows to like her entirely. He thinks she's a hero for all the wrong reasons. She revels in her fame and powers and loves to beat bad guys, and that's all he sees.

Finally the protagonist. He's cynical, hardheaded, and chafes at the idea of being controlled (to mirror Burnout's desire TO control). His arc is meant to be him moving towards more optimistic and forgiving philosophies, becoming less of a negative person, etc. I haven't gotten very far on him.
>>
File: blaze_by_afuchan-dahew0a.jpg (253KB, 452x800px) Image search: [Google]
blaze_by_afuchan-dahew0a.jpg
253KB, 452x800px
>>51925367
Well, it's good stuff so far! Thanks for sharing what you have!

What's the blonde bombshell's powers?
>>
>>51925384
>What's the blonde bombshell's powers?
I'm thinking of going with some form of very finely controlled density manipulation that would give her stereotypical flying brick powers from an observer's perspective. If she wants to be stronger and tougher she gets denser. If she wants things to be lighter then they get lighter. She doesn't really know how her powers work, and such an explanation wouldn't be immediately given in-story. She also has regular flight, because I couldn't think of a way to get density manipulation to mimic proper flying.

Her name, if I go this way, would be Venus. The Roman goddess of beauty and love (and why she chose it in-story), but also the planet with the densest atmosphere in our solar system.
>>
>>51925454
>She also has regular flight, because I couldn't think of a way to get density manipulation to mimic proper flying.

She becomes less dense than air, and therefore buoyant, floating on breezes and updrafts and stuff?

I know that isn't -really- how it'd work, but I think it's close enough.

Damn, that's a smart name!
>>
>>51925473
>I know that isn't -really- how it'd work, but I think it's close enough.
It would work for some settings, but I'm going for some quasi-realism, so I just gave her flight as a secondary power. Flight is a pretty common secondary power in the setting anyway, along with enhanced durability, senses, and healing factors.
>>
>>51924695
Sentry sounds like she would make a good espionage hero. Mutants and Masterminds have a "as a villain" box for a lot of their heroes, and I think Sentry would work really well as a high profile thief, getting a look inside places with high security by "bumping" into people who work in them. Plus, the infiltration and stealth skills. I would also get rid of one of the limitations. But it's a good concept, and a useful power.
>>
>>51925676
I think letting her be able to see out of multiple vantage points would be cool, so I'll ditch that limitation.

Thanks! I used the power for a short story I wrote yesterday and really enjoyed the concept, so I thought I'd throw it into my campaign.
>>
>>51924179
A character I'm thinking of using when my group gets back to cape stuff is Route 66, Interstate Dragon, who fits Myth.

Imagine an Eastern Dragon, about the size of a semi-truck or train locomotive and about 100 feet long, made entirely of metal, covered in flame spewing exhaust pipes, exposed pistons, air intakes, and a centipedesque assortment of wheels, treads, and clawed feet that shifts to best suit the terrain. He is neither subtle, nor the least bit quiet. He can transform into human shape if he needs to go inside human buildings or some other activity where size is a serious inconvenience, but much prefers his natural form.

66 is a hero, with the ideal of freedom central to his ethos. His first responsibility is to his domain, the highways of the US which he was born from, most especially to their spiritual health. If you've ever wondered who dealt with all the ghosts of murdered hitchhikers or those murdered by hitchhikers, that's a small part of his duty.

While he's more than happy to do his part and fight villainy, the lure of the open road makes lasting partnerships difficult. He is not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed, except for nigh-encyclopedic knowledge of roadways and vehicles, but you can still get pretty far when you have a sense of smell that can even track down ghosts, roads are happy to talk to you, and you're over 100 tons of draconic might that nobody wants to start shit with.
>>
>>51925839
Cool. You're welcome to use the characters I've posted here for your campaign, and if you still need more ideas I have a couple more for powers and how they work and I could probably spin a few more villain concepts.
>>
>>51925847
That's actually pretty cool.
>>
File: 1484626271001.jpg (228KB, 1000x1668px) Image search: [Google]
1484626271001.jpg
228KB, 1000x1668px
>>51924695
>For "Alien", it's honestly so big of a category that I'm struggling with the 'blank paper' problem of where to start.
Yeah, definitely.

Maybe do a reversal type thing? Like a play on how human sci-fi heroes go fight evil on other planets with jetpacks and ray-guns. Have an alien explorer come to Earth, and fight crime with some weird sci-fi alien tech that mirrors retro sci-fi devices in human fiction.

He winds up joining the Exemplars as their ambassador to the greater galactic civilization, or something.

If you want to do some commentary have him be absolutely in love with Earth, for reasons that people tend to take for granted.
>>
>>51908820

why did they hang lmaps all over Liberty?
what does it do?
>>
>>51926850
Probably meant to hammer home the fact that "We police state now you filthy muties".
>>
>>51925384
Another clarification on her powers, some of the superhumans in setting get physical enhancements with their powers. In Venus' case, she became very beautiful, like your average comic book superheroine. She's in shape, flawless complexion, good figure, and there's a luster about her hair and eyes.

This doesn't happen to make fetish fuel or ideal waifus, and I did it in her case to further push her into that "teen idol hero" stereotype. She was actually pretty average before her powers developed.

The enhancements aren't always attractiveness, even though it is a common one (for men and women). Like I said earlier, enhanced senses, durability, and healing are also bonus powers, along with flight. There are more.

The stronger your main power is, the more likely you are to get more bonuses. As of right now, Venus has two, her flight and enhanced beauty.

There's a flipside to this too. Your powers can change you negatively, and there's no guarantee that you'll even get a cool main power to make up for it.

It makes for a haves and have-nots situation.

Also, this kind of thing won't be common knowledge or presented right away. People won't know that Venus is beautiful because of her powers, just that she's beautiful. Some observant people might notice the trend that stronger capes seem to get all the luck, but that's about it.

It's really just a way to justify things to appease my autism, and won't play any bigger role than a "fun fact" type thing.
>>
>>51906929
>>51903965
Tried reading Pact again.

It's pretty good.
>>
>>51925847
Love it! I totally dig that the idea of Dragons being associated with rivers got changed to highways in modern America. It'd be great to Route 66 for a supernatural arc of the campaign Will definitely keep him in mind!

Damn, that is just such a lovely concept. I always love mixing modern and mythological influence. Thanks!

>>51926692
I was definitely going to have a Starfire vibe of "Earth is awesome!" to the character. I really like turning around the 50's trope of an explorer coming to other planets and solving their problems, I'll probably do that. Making them tech-based rather than just having superpowers by default is nice too.
>>
>>51886816
I second this.
>>
>>51891404
No idea, the pun in that name alone is glorious.
>>
>>51933677
I just got it
Fuck me
Silicate
>>
>>51933677
Wow, I didn't even see it.
Thread posts: 196
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.