[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kingdom Death Monster General /kdmg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 72

Ded thread, long live the new bt- I mean KDMG!

Topics of discussion;
>Cute Mosquito is cute.
>Hips.
>Ivory Dragon; Mandatory buy? Or just faffing about.
>BK best doggo.
And more!
>>
>Hips.
Hips made of HIPS no less.
>>
File: 1484023900421.jpg (76KB, 800x734px) Image search: [Google]
1484023900421.jpg
76KB, 800x734px
>Guys you don't need the 1.5 upgrade pack!

Really hope that discussion comes back! So riveting...

Should I get Sunstalker or not? I've seen so many polarizing reviews on it.
>>
>>51877771
I haven't played Castlevania in a long time.
>>
File: cuteclops.jpg (62KB, 638x633px) Image search: [Google]
cuteclops.jpg
62KB, 638x633px
>>51877809
>Hip stack.

>>51877918
SS is OK. The campaign can be interesting if you're int boss rush modes but I didn't find it particularly riveting.
He does give you some cool gear, and has one of the best Bow/Arrow builds/upgrades. Even the famous FK bow gets better with more ammo types and the quiver (which lets' you hold more special arrows without eating up your gear grid so that's nifty).

I also don't find him to be a great quarry, so if you get it the mini campaign should hopefully appeal to you.
>>
File: dun_goofed.png (47KB, 540x1180px) Image search: [Google]
dun_goofed.png
47KB, 540x1180px
>>51878284

Well Poop not sure what else to get...

Here's my current list, anything that stands out?

Im leery on getting anymore Wave 4 Nemisis since I'm getting the Red Witches and Gamblers Chest... So like 3 from that already.
>>
How long does it takes for the online shop to ship? Ordered something today.
>>
>>51878531
No Pariah with Red Witches?
It is another nemesis, so that's a bummer but he replaces Butcher as far as we know (Node 1 Nemesis).

You have full woods so that's legit.
Dunno if you need the Gorm, but you're the guy who didn't want to wait 2~ years for a alternative LY1 hunt right? So your reasoning is fine.

Really the only 'synergy' you're missing is the Pariah since you have Red Waifus+Gryphon, Woods+FK, Weaver, Spider, DBK.

Maybe First Hero for an alternative start? Or are were you not into that one?
>>
>>51878597
Poots seems to make the labels pretty fast but he'll hold your order till he gets a bunch it looks like and then he ships them all at once.

He's always made the label right away for me and sometimes he's shipped it next day other times he's shipped it 3 days after creating the shipping label and registering it with USPS.
>>
>>51878637

Yeah I'm the same dood.... I've changed my pledge around like 90 fucking times at this point.

REALLY wish I would of hopped on a Satans Pledge. Would of been able to get one without much issue...
>>
>>51878838
It's tough to not have Satan if you are a newcomer. But you'd end up adding funds anyway if you wanted the crossovers.
>>
Is there anyway to target ageless apprentice reliably?
>>
>>51878962
No?
>>
>>51878838
As I've said a couple times over the course of the threads, I'm right there with you. Finally decided just to eat the cost and settled on getting the full game, with a few extras like the pathfinders of death, the pinups I like and of course the anon survivor.
>>
File: Anonymous Survivor by DP.jpg (2MB, 1275x1643px) Image search: [Google]
Anonymous Survivor by DP.jpg
2MB, 1275x1643px
>>51877809
Only the finest HIPS for the biggest hips in KDM.
>>
>>51878892
It's so much easier to add the like $100 to satan for all crossovers, meanwhile I have to add $100 to my gamer's to get like some of the pinups
>>
>>51880288

Yeah I think Satans Lantern is like over $4k MSRP. Such insane value.
>>
File: CUTE!.png (781KB, 637x680px) Image search: [Google]
CUTE!.png
781KB, 637x680px
>>
>>51877771
You forgot YO FUCKERS POST IMAGES
>>
>No Lion Witches expac
>No Lion Woods expac
>No Inverted Lion expac
>No Lion Festival expac

I can't believe this bullshit
>>
>>51877809
Who has the best hips in KD?
Anon Is a man so doesnt count
>>
>>51872954
The Phoenix fits nicely on top of the tree. The only time it is a problem is when it is half on, which you can temporarily remove the tree for.
>>
>>51873406
People of the Sun is an awesome campaign. The unique gear is fun, I love the path to Warriors of the Sun and game mechanics and story is top tier.

It's a great pleb filter.
>>
Is it okay to get red witches on their own? I'm not that interested in pariah/gryphon...
>>
>>51869120
>The problem with that is that although a lot of inexperienced painters buy KD the products are still very much designed with high skill painters in mind, and for them transparent parts are a detriment when they'd just paint it in themselves anyway.

I don't think it's a detriment myself. Painting over a clear lantern or other (clear) part is a perfectly valid option and a personal call, be you a skilled painter/modeler or not. Styles and tastes vary greatly and clear parts simply give an additional option.
>>
>>51883352
+1
>>
>>51882970
consensus is without the priah you cant play their mini campaign and without gryphon you cant make their armour (if you use them as a nemesis).

so imo probably not unless you just want the models
>>
>>51884315
>consensus
That's not a consensus, those are the actual facts as they've been conveyed by Poots. Your conclusion is right, they probably are not worth it if you aren't getting the Gryphon (I don't rate the mini-campaigns all that highly, personally, it's more of a bonus than a necessity), but I hate it when people misuse that term.
>>
>>51884383
>but I hate it when people misuse that term.

"The general consensus is that without the pariah it is not worth it as you can not play their mini campaign and without gryphon you cant make their armour (if you use them as a nemesis)"

sorry i upset you anon there is that better?
>>
>>51884315
>>51884383
Okay thanks, I suppose I am really getting them just cus I think they are cool models and their showdown concept sounds fun...
>>
File: 1483598998815.jpg (87KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1483598998815.jpg
87KB, 601x601px
>>51884475
Yes, that is better. Apology accepted.
>>
Painting the FK, please post pics for inspiration of the best painted FK you have seen.
>>
File: B8iw3yV.jpg (443KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
B8iw3yV.jpg
443KB, 1536x2048px
So I found a copy of the 1.3 core game + survivor rewards for a relatively good price and picked it up.

Other than extra minis to paint and play with, having full armor sets for 4 survivors, armor kits for more mixing and matching, and being able to use the extra resource cards as a physical representation of my settlemnt resources, what other benefits could I get that I'm not seeing?

I guess I have 2 rulebooks now, and could get a 1.5 upgrade for $75 to grab another hardcover one and the other goodies. Don't need to buy Death Dice now.
>>
>>51884750
What is a relatively good price?
>>
>>51884624
Is blini cat the greatest cat on 4chan?
>>
Does anybody have pictures of the terrain tokens?
And maybe some input on the sizes, too?
I want to start building my own terrain pieces so that I'm finsihed once the game arrives. I found this list on boardgamegeeks, that accurate?

1 bug patch (1x1)
2 survivor corpses (1x1)
8 Acanthus plants (stone faces w/plants) (1x1)
2 Ore Vein (faces w/crystals) (1x1)
2 debris piles (1x1)
6 Stone Columns (1x2) - Appear in groups of 3. Block movement and line of sight. Players that collide with them (knockback attacks) take extra damage and destroy the column.
2 Giant Stone Faces (2x3) - Block movement and line of sight. Players can spend an action to climb on top and get a bonus to range attacks.
1 Lonely Tree (3x3) - Blocks movement and line of sight.
1 dead monster (2x2)
4 tall grass (2x2)
2 toppled pillars (1x4) - block movement and line of sight. Players can jump over them.
>>
>>51885456
$700 with shipping, still sealed and in original box with survivor rewards. Withhold judgement anons, I pay my bills and I'm paying for it woth my tax return a-and h-have feelings t-too...
>>
>>51886181

That sounds about right.

If you are going to put all the work into making those terrain pieces anyway, something to consider is whether you can make such effects reproduceable.

There are already people selling unique base inserts of stone faces for basing the monsters or survivors. Maybe there is a market for KDM terrain, if there is you would be the only game in town. Gods knows we have more money than sense.
>>
>>51886312
Well I'm not going to make it myself that much...just grab some fitting premade terrain pieces, add some stuff and paint it up.

Scribor minis has some neat stone faces, though don't know how big they are. Those I could use for the Ore Veins, Arcanthus and maybe bug patches.
For the bugs I also got some bugs left over from Drycha Hamadreth.
Debris, pillars and columns should be easy to make too.
For tall grass I already got something cheap at hand too. The big faces again depend on the size of the scribor minis.
For the lonely tree I'm gonna use a citadel woods tree until the real deal arrives at the end of the year.

Leaves me with the survivor corpses and the dead monster.
>>
>>51886195
Why didn't you just pledge for 2 cores?
>>
>>51886387

I have the scribor faces. They vary in size, but even the largest of them isn't very big. The smaller pieces are perfect size for stuff like Ore Vein or Acanthus, but the larger stone faces are only maybe 30 mm across. Teeny tiny compared to the size of a Large Stone Face.
>>
>>51886754
That is something at least
Cutting up some old moving tray pieces from warhammer now to use as bases.
>>
>>51886392
Idiot tax to play 8 months early.
>>
>>51886392
Because he is an impatient idiot.
>>
>>51886195
>>51886392
Idiots+money=poor decisions.
>>
File: 1433006831406.jpg (69KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
1433006831406.jpg
69KB, 250x251px
Turns out the solution to crap priming in winter is to stick the can of primer in your armpit for 20 minutes before shaking. Perfect coverage achieved.

Now I just have to decide on a color scheme for this titty ninja.
>>
File: boston-terrier-costume-2.jpg (54KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
boston-terrier-costume-2.jpg
54KB, 540x720px
>>51888188
>>51888296
Haha damn yea I'm just a big ol' idiot how dare I spend the excess money I've earned plus yearly magic money from the government on something I want. Hahahaha damn !! I should have spent that money on ??? or better yet something I don't want ! That way anons on 4chan wouldn't make look down on me for doing something I want to do with money I earned, not them!
>>
>>51888524
There's even better places for this...
>>
>>51889367

>yearly magical money from the government

Like spend money on wtf you want but the way you describe a tax return explains a lot.
>>
>>51889367
> magic money from the government
Thank god we don't have Community Colleges in my country.
>>
>>51889367
>not getting magical money from government every month
>laughing autists.jpg
>>
>>51889461
???
>>
>>51889439
>>51889461
I don't understand being rude for the sake of being rude
>>
>>51890222

I don't understand getting miffed when people reply to such amazing bait.

ANYWAYS...

I need to paint more Blood Rage miniatures to practice up.
>>
File: 1483681633286.png (806KB, 639x664px) Image search: [Google]
1483681633286.png
806KB, 639x664px
>>51889404
>posting progress on non-GW models in Citadel Hobby Products General
>>
>>51889367
I mean, you could have just saved us all some time reading there and just put
>"I'm retarded!"
Instead.
>>
File: Fuck.png (23KB, 361x801px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck.png
23KB, 361x801px
Need some input on whether or not I have a good cart full of stuff, or if I should add or drop anything, /tg/. I was just going to get the core game, but since the survey came out I've been second guessing things. Trying to get all the best content - must haves- for cheap before it's too late. Not interested in the spin offs, extras, or pinups. Just major gameplay content

Dragon Knight - I've seen it most noted as the best current expansion, with lots of content and it's own campaign, and it's half off.

Abyssal woods - I like the concept, the huge amount of content, dem witches, and the potential it might be hard to find as well as be really expensive later.

Spidicules and Flower Knight- Really know nothing about them, but I've heard good things, it's extra content, and needed for woods.

Honeycomb Weaver - I like the pro of it being a earlier use monster or a later use one. It get's rid of the lion if need be and can be used in woods. Decided not to get gorm because of it, but the shitty part is the wait for it to come out. Hopefully, the lion won't bore me before then.

DBK - Apparently good late game content, one of the makers favorites. Only 30 dollars and can further go with woods.

Sunstalker and slenderman seem neat on the current xpacs. Nightmare Ram and Screaming god seem pretty neat as far as the new ones I don't have. Ivory dragon as well, but it's expensive and won't see much play

The sad part is the total will be 750 dollars, on a game I don't even know if I like. I just really like board games and the souls games haha. I'd probably be able to get most of that make via resale If I don't like it though.
>>
>>51892509
You're getting a Node 5 with Abyssal so Ivory is a low priority imo.

Going full woods seems legit.

You have 2-3 alternate campaigns and a lot of extra early and mid game quarries.

I think it's a good list.
>>
In other news I stumbled on a extra $100 lying around.

The question is now, Pathfinders and Saiyans (arguably harder to find post KS). Or Satan?
>>
>>51893387
Anonymous Survivor will also be difficult to get post campaign, due to relatively-low popularity(most people don't get what she's about) and possibility of limited run.
>>
>>51893503
Yea but I have no interest in the wanderers since they're kinda shit and have no content for the price.

2 wanderers = same as saiyans.
Saiyans comes with twice the models.
3x the gear.
A new monster to fight.
New settlement and story events.

On top of all that, the rules for wanderers are in the Advanced Rulebook, so you can just make your own or whatever.
>>
File: hourglass.png (652KB, 624x857px) Image search: [Google]
hourglass.png
652KB, 624x857px
>>
File: tumblr_ojc16lVJ6d1u42puio1_1280.png (793KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojc16lVJ6d1u42puio1_1280.png
793KB, 1280x720px
Man really wondering if I should add in the Pariah to work with Red Witches... Already getting so many Wave 3 and 4 nemesis though....

Oh well, either way Red Witches are going to be siiiiiick. Along with Abyssal Forrest.
>>
File: Anonymous-Survivor.jpg (60KB, 635x635px) Image search: [Google]
Anonymous-Survivor.jpg
60KB, 635x635px
>>51893542

> Not wanting Anonymous Survivor

Dem hips though...
>>
>>51890731
You should try it sometime, it's refreshing to see variety. Whether "you" are well received, that's a different issue.
>>
>>51895330
I'll certainly give it a go on your recommendation. I have some bad memories of passive-aggressive dismissal towards a smattering of Reaper Bones minis, but that was admittedly ages ago.
>>
File: kings hand.jpg (101KB, 576x391px) Image search: [Google]
kings hand.jpg
101KB, 576x391px
>>51895380
Protip: go in with a grain of salt and leave without a chip on your shoulder. If it looks like you're getting hounded, read between the lines, there might actually be some constructive criticism within the insults. Otherwise just ignore it and come back with some well painted shit :) practice practice practice, persistance persistance persistance. Not everyone is an elitist asshole, only most ;p good luck.
>>
>>51877771
I've been told this game has a pregnancy fetish. Is this true?
>>
File: starwars-luke-yoda-sm.jpg (56KB, 530x345px) Image search: [Google]
starwars-luke-yoda-sm.jpg
56KB, 530x345px
>>51895788
>I've been told this game has a [_______] fetish
"What's in there?"
"Only what you take with you."
>>
File: fade (13).jpg (164KB, 982x552px) Image search: [Google]
fade (13).jpg
164KB, 982x552px
>>51895788

idk if it's a fetish but there's a pregnant mini named Fade.

She's currently sold out from the store though so you can't get her. Picture is the mini
>>
>>51890731
>Implying I'm not gonna use by Survivors as a stand-in for human Blood Bowl team
Leather & Phoenix = Linemen
Lion = Blockers
Antelope = Blitzers
Lantern = Throwers
>>
>>51890731
I honestly don't get how you think this would affect crits and comments. You think you'll be treated differently because you're painting Citadels? Really?
Grow a pair or two and maybe realise it might just be because you're not good enough yet. And in this case, don't worry, you won't be the only one around.

>>51895380
Maybe because there was the assumption that you were working with subpar minis in the first place? At least that's the feeling I've gathered about Reaper Bones. That they're the equivalent of green army guys, sorta thing.

Anyway, I don't know about other Anons, but if you're good I'll be there to cheer. And if not, I hope I can offer some constructive criticism to help you on the way up.
>>
File: acute.jpg (105KB, 639x743px) Image search: [Google]
acute.jpg
105KB, 639x743px
>>51897208
wip is a shithole for fags
>>
So, does anyone who owns the game want to take a quick picture of the terrain tokens for me? Pretty please?
>>
So, how do you guys paint the Watcher's scarf?

I'm trying to do a think where the scarf itself is sort of a mahogany color, darkening to umber around the faces, but with the faces themselves being a pale yellow. Problem is, after painting and stripping and painting and stripping... I STILL can't figure out how to make them look like anything more than pale boogers that I am lucky if they look roughly face shaped, any supposed facial features are purely theoretical.
>>
>>51900809
I'm thinking of doing the scarf in pale blue, green, or equally "spectral" colors when it gets here.

It seems appropriate to make the cloak mundane as fuck so that the scarf of HUMAN SOULS stands out more.
>>
File: best boy.jpg (60KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
best boy.jpg
60KB, 900x600px
Is this guy ever coming back for sale?
>>
>>51894733
>>51894757
Hold the fucking phone

Where did these pieces come from? The Anon Survivor's art in the KS update isn't that wide of resolution and I don't recall that piece of the red witches.
>>
>>51901533
encore runs are fairly random, so the answer is maybe? It is a popular model, so I wouldn't count it out, but it may be a long time.
>>
>>51901533
>>51901577
That actually surprised me during the kickstarter. Especially after the overwhelming support on day one, I thought all the old models would be offered on limited run. Even now the amount of money people are throwing around on the pledge manager, if Poots offered it, crazy fans will buy it.
>>
>>51901678
If Adam remade it in plastic, then it would be possible, but quite a large investment (but one that would pay for itself fairly quickly as you point out), but in resin the trouble becomes production runs.
Adam's caster (who is apparently located in France), only does small runs of ~400 or so pieces per run.
That would mean you'd need 2 dozen runs if 8000 of them would be sold through the KS (and it would have sold that many in a heartbeat).
>>
>>51901533
>>51901678
>>51901724
You can always custom build your own, anon. Follow your dreams.
>>
File: IMG_5498-e1442973857785.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5498-e1442973857785.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>51899002
Nevermind, found one myself.
>>
File: hanging out.jpg (246KB, 638x833px) Image search: [Google]
hanging out.jpg
246KB, 638x833px
>>
File: 4-WMYOG8Z.jpg (127KB, 970x793px) Image search: [Google]
4-WMYOG8Z.jpg
127KB, 970x793px
>>51901572

uhh the Red Witches one is from some random Tumblr and I found the higher rez anonymous survivor just on google.
>>
>>51901533
>>51901577
>>51901678
>>51901724
I could be super wrong but is this not the ancient forsaker in Campaigns of Death? For whatever reason I was under the impression it was.
>>
>>51904125

The mini in CoD is the Ancient Butcher. That said, Butchers are Forsakers that have gone totally bugnuts, and this Forsaker mini already exists. I wouldn't be surprised or unhappy if Poots reuses the mini and re-lables it as 'Ancient Butcher' for that book.
>>
>>51904125
That would be bretty nice, as the other anon said a the butcher is a Forsaker that's basically gone "hollow" like in Dark Souls.
>>
File: neck you.jpg (157KB, 633x1318px) Image search: [Google]
neck you.jpg
157KB, 633x1318px
>>
>>51895804
I feel like this post would make a great reaction image.
>>
I need some help painting my witch disciple, is there a recommended technique for doing eyes?
>>
>>51908075
Simple way to do it is to fill in with the black, then dot the whites in around it. Make sure to use a long thin brush and to have the paint thinned well. Especially with girls it can give a nice eyeliner effect if you get it right, just go a little more black than it probably needs, then go back over with flesh tone if you go overly far.
>>
>>51895804
Exactly.
>>
>>51896947
>playing BB
Shit taste.
>>
>>51908075
Fill in cavity with sienna, then fill eye with white, dot pupil, make sure no white above or below.
>>
>>51908336
Some of us play because we have local events and enjoy the company of our other local gamers.

That said I feel using the KD minis as BB minis is kinda a waste.
>>
>>51908422
Not if you want to play an Amazons team. They're great for that.
>>
File: IMG_2266.jpg (168KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2266.jpg
168KB, 1600x1600px
Any guesses why the ram would be a dungeon master? It seems like something gorm or frogdog would have had, with ram being similar to antelope with open area sprinting and chewing plants
>>
>>51909263
The ram is a gardener and the dungeon is its garden. It's also basically a sentient fruit.
>>
>>51909263
>>51909372
is that going to explain its ability to make spike traps, move walls, etc? Still seems strange
>>
>>51909372
>>51909436

Did they ever mention if any expansions synergize with the goat?
>>
>>51909504
a twisted satyr would be a cool nemesis, or henchman now that the game is going in that direction
>>
God damned perfect slayer why do you have to be irreplaceable I went through so much bullshit to get you and now it's too late to get more iron and I have no other grand weapons in the settlement
>>
>>51909504
Other than Inverted Mountain, not that we know.
>>
>>51909436
Yup, think of the spike traps as deadly thorned hedges and the changing layout as him performing some drastic landscaping on his garden.

By the way we get to see a bit of how it acts in the comic at the end of the 1.0 rulebook. Fun fact, it uses corpses as fertilizer.
>>
>>51909263
There was a short comic that featured the ram and the Aya character. I don't remember it giving a lot of visual cues but it probably would give some hints as to what the dungeon might look/feel like.
>>
>>51909263
>It's like I'm wearing nothing at all.
>>
File: disciple.witch.2.jpg (54KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
disciple.witch.2.jpg
54KB, 400x600px
>>51903170

Man If I was getting the Pariah expansion I would HAVE to get that pin up...

Such a cool idea for a pinup. Should I do it anyways? Doubt I'll have a chance to get it easily after the kickstarter is over.
>>
>>51910148
I had to choose between her and the disciple of the witch for my second pinup. But the witch won cause she's playing on a SNES.
>>
>>51910196
I mean...now I got that one too...
And here I didn't want to add any pinups to my pledge.
At least they are kinda...tame.
>>
Are the squares on the board exactly 1 inch or slightly bigger?
>>
They are slightly larger than a 30mm round base.
>>
>>51911325
They're about 30mm, close to the same size as the base diameter of a survivor model.
>>
>>51895788
Theres also the "Wet Nurse", who's a massive pile of breasts with tentacles and a small harem of pregnant women.... and the "Great Mother" (iirc)... who is very pregnant too...
>>
>>51915324
They're not game miniatures though, just at home in a different part of the same world.
>>
>>51915374
Same goes for Fade... kinda... at the moment. Might change with the Red Witches though.
>>
>>51915777
I think the planned interaction is with the sword she comes with, not her miniature. The promo hunt card she comes with claims you find her dead on the ground with her baby and sword which allowed her to hide from the White Speaker cult. You can attempt to grab them while avoiding a corpse worm. The sword precents the White Speaker event from happening while it is in your settlement. I bet the sword lets you get the drop on and ambush the Red Witches or cripple them somehow. Don't think the Fade mini itself will be involved, though I could be wrong. Maybe it would set her up as a wanderer.
>>
>>51916229
We already have the sword interaction that comes with her... iirc, the Red Witches box info says that she might be involved.
>>
>>51915324
I don't have a pregnancy fetish so fo rme those are just things that exist in this fucked up world.
I don't get off to the Wet Nurse, it's just another disgusting thing they have in the Golden City or where ever it is from, which I like since I enjoy dark gritty disgusting settings (to a degree). Hence why I like Kingdom Death.

But KD:M doesn't really have any pregnancy stuff in the game.

I have an impregnation fetish though.
>>
File: 1451765442050.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451765442050.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
>>51916841
>I don't have a pregnancy fetish
>I have an impregnation fetish though.
Just make up your mind, FFS
>>
>>51917160
Small but vital difference.
>>
>>51917160

Well... theres the 'Dead End' Anon scenario. It's a bit beasty though.
>>
>>
File: shovel knight.png (726KB, 636x850px) Image search: [Google]
shovel knight.png
726KB, 636x850px
>>
File: guildie a cute.jpg (32KB, 317x330px) Image search: [Google]
guildie a cute.jpg
32KB, 317x330px
>>51920108
>tfw you want Screaming God for the armor sets more than anything
This feels familiar, somehow
>>
File: afghan girl.png (167KB, 398x269px) Image search: [Google]
afghan girl.png
167KB, 398x269px
>>51921040
Shovel Knight?
>>
File: 1448963334293.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1448963334293.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
>>51921065
Monster Hunter, actually. Specifically the endless resource hunt for that perfect armor.

But Screaming God armor is absolutely Shovel Knight too.
>>
Anyone play this through Tabletop Simulator?
>>
File: Kirin.jpg (290KB, 800x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Kirin.jpg
290KB, 800x1400px
>>51921142
Gotta love them armor sets.
Also hype for new hybrid sets - variety is spice and stuff.
>>
>>51921166
Most people do.

I think there's only around a dozen or so of us who actually own physical copies.
>>
>>51911298
Dude the witch literally has a nipple hanging out in her pin-up.
>>
File: 2787982712685.jpg (172KB, 1008x576px) Image search: [Google]
2787982712685.jpg
172KB, 1008x576px
found this on a forum, pretty fitting shoop
>>
>>51921263
Which? The pinups occasionally show areola and ass crack, but being 'pinups' don't show the full no-no's
>>
File: 1432422270964.png (255KB, 637x624px) Image search: [Google]
1432422270964.png
255KB, 637x624px
>>51921402
>found this on a forum
I see you weren't here during the kickstarter.
>>
File: Pinup-dsicple-of-witch_large.jpg (131KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Pinup-dsicple-of-witch_large.jpg
131KB, 640x640px
>>51921429
You made second guess myself but nope it is showing full nipple it's even raised up higher then the rest of the areola.
>>
>>51921402
>>51921449
there's no way that was official kickstarter art, the dialogue is from watamote
>>
>>51921472
that's puffy areola, we remain puritan pure from seeing nip (or vag lip, just pubes)
>>
>>51921497
even the Adam's line?
>>
>>51921518
Idk man right in the middle there is an almost exact vertical climb that seems to allude to nip.
>>
File: tips-fedora.png (85KB, 589x265px) Image search: [Google]
tips-fedora.png
85KB, 589x265px
>>51921540
All part of the memes.

>>51921497
It's not official, unless you count this thread as such.
>>
>>51921567
It's only side-nip, so it's okay.
>>
>>51921518
>>51921567
>>51921670
Apparently the case is inconclusive. I propose we gather more evidence of exposed nipples and puffy areolas for further consideration.
>>
>>51921670
Alright I can agree to that the nip is in the eye of the beholder.

I was going to get her no matter what
>>
>>51921497
It was made and posted here, I believe.
>>
>>51921823
I made it, just an anon that started here during the kickstarter, and it's all watamote because I'm a pondscum best waifu fag
>>
>>51921719
>>51921670
>>51921567
If anything it's an inverted nip, or more likely, we are seeing the base of the nipple, which is pressed down due to her leaf breast brace, so it's a grey area.
The anon gentlemen of the court are forgetting that the Illuminated Lady was a standalone model sold like other pinups and definitely has bare breasts with not only nipples, but visible milk duct openings. So I rule the full breast has been presented in Kingdom Death pinups, but in such an overt way as to fly unseen compared to the skimpy outfits barely covering other models.
>>
File: pond scum.jpg (100KB, 640x777px) Image search: [Google]
pond scum.jpg
100KB, 640x777px
>>51921865
>pondscum fag
I fail to see how liking this makes you gay, anon
>>
>>51921957
The discussion wasn't about whether or not if breasts had been displayed openly before it was just said that the witch pin-up was one of the tamer ones when it might or might not have exposed nipple depending on the viewer.

Thus my fellow anon of the court your counter argument about the Illuminated lady is moot but I'll allow it because of you're rigorous attention to witch pin-ups nipple/lack there of.
>>
>>51922118
>those dimensions
her vagina must be huge, she could shoot a kid out at the same time two dicks are in there competing to make the next one...
and anyone here is a fag who doesn't waifu the dragon goblin pinup
>>
>>51922188
And this is why there's no limit to the number of times a survivor can be nominated for Intimacy each Lantern Year.
>>
File: 1480456202108.jpg (33KB, 420x683px) Image search: [Google]
1480456202108.jpg
33KB, 420x683px
Tabletop rookie here, I've got plenty of crappy minis to practice my painting skills on, but does anyone have any recommendation on what I can use to practice assembling models? As in cutting from the sprue, sanding it down, dry fitting and finally sticking it together, getting rid of mould lines, and fixing it up with green stuff.

I'd also want to try some magnetising too.

So yeah, any suggestions on some cheaper minis that come on a sprue? Was looking at the warhammer 40k tactical marine squads, but they seem a bit pricey
>>
>>51921957
Illuminated Lady is not a pinup and should not be used in the context of pinups. It may have been sold individually and be pleasing to the eye, but it is still a regular monster like the wetnurse or frogdog, both of which also feature clearly visible naughty bits.
>>
File: Only what you take with you.png (237KB, 557x450px) Image search: [Google]
Only what you take with you.png
237KB, 557x450px
>>51906810
>>
>>51923255
deepest lore, brilliant Poots made all the women have breeding bodies for a reason...
>>
>>51923605
Trimmed that white border
>>
>>51923365
Do people understand the pinup segregation from the game is just straight up sjw autism?
>>
>>51915324
Reminder it wasn't anymore extreme than the brood mother from dragon age.
Reproduction monster is a cliche trope now and its just a wet nurse anyway.
>>
>>51924008
In fact it's probably even a less edgy design since that was most likely created from birth by the golden entity for it's exact purpose and it doesn't even procreate.

The broodmother has the stupid edgy it was a kidnapped girl who was raped by darkspawn and force fed dead flesh and vomit until they were tainted enough to be broodmothers bull shit that literally just sounds edgy for the sake of ow the edge.
>>
>>51924602
Poots said his intention was to give a sense of what the setting was like.
A disturbing ecosystem where Monsters live symbiotically with humans. Humans being at the bottom of this ecosystem.
I could be wrong but I don't think its been explictly said anywhere that monsters reproduce with humans in the setting.
>>
I've added DK, DBK, Screaming God and First Hero to my Black Friday Gold Lantern pledge. Is Campaigns of Death worth it? Guide my wallet /kdm/
>>
>>51925030
It's value increases the more old expansions you own. I have no idea if what you have will justify the value. But I know if you have all old expansions you'll get a lot more out of CoD.

Personally I would grab another old x-pac like Gorm if you don't have all of them already.
>>
>>51925030
it comes with a special butcher.

Otherwise, it's likely to have the least gameplay content outside of books, which are going to get scanned and pdf'd. If you don't care for fancy cleaver man, you can just wait for the scans and indulge in its book content.
>>
>>51921263
Still. She's just barely less clothed than the regular witch and the fact that she's not just standing there being sexy, but relaxing and playing some vidya makes it much more viable.
Mountain climber gal is just hanging out Haha and Pond Scum is just a-dorable.
>>
>>51925060
>Hard cover
>scans
>can't buy multiple
you'll have to find someone who's going to cut up a copy and it's not like the rulebook where people bought 7 to wipe their asses with.
>>
>>51926263
Or alternatively just someone who owns one of those fancy book scanning machines. hell just photos will do for a lot of people.
>>
>>51926263
Some of the people sinking money into this are loaded. I bet the drink champagne!
>>
>>51926950
Can attest, I regularly get together with my extended family to drink champagne and eat lobster for dinner.
>>
>>51896283
>>51898382

Does anyone know what these gold scales/coins are that are on the legs of some of the models? Fade has it on her leg, as do some of the witches disciples. Is it some kinda subtle lore related thing or just weird design shit or what?
>>
>>51926950
Champagne? What am I a farmer? scotch all day.
Also death armor pinup is best pinup
>>
>>51927335
I'm also curious, never seen it mentioned in flavor text.
>>
was there ever any concept art for the dead end monster? been looking to sculpt a monster so this one seems "interesting"
>>
>>51930778
Since it was never official nor affiliated with Poots in any way, no. Just assume it's the RapeHorse from Berserk.
>>
>>51927335
>>51930338
This is something I've been wondering for quite some time as well and planned to ask him if I ever got the chance. If he tells me, I'm not sure if I can provide the answer, but I'll see if I can at least say "this will be answered in the expansion" or something along those lines.
>>
Just a quick question. Anyone who may know when or if they'll start reproduction of the main game again? On their official site it's out of stock.
>>
>>51933579
It should be back in stock by the end of year, but who can say for how long
>>
>>51933615
Is it printed out in a rather limited amount or is it that it's sold out quickly?
>>
>>51933725
The entire point of this second kickstarter was to reprint more copies of the core game.
>>
Holy crap just got my Twilight Weaponsmith mini and my Manhunter expansion in the mail you guys were not kidding the quality of these mini's is astounding. Even the cards are super high quality can't wait for my core game to get here.
>>
File: IMG_5514.jpg (714KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5514.jpg
714KB, 1680x1050px
Anyone know the backstory to this image? Who the hell are these, other than the white speaker?
>>
>>51933962
The Winged one in the back looks like a very heavily modified Chosen perhaps one made by the golden entity specifically to guard something.

The hammer and chain wielding one looks like a standard thrall of the holy lands.

The one in Armor with the shield looks like a different brand of holy lands White knight.

If I were to make an inference it looks like the white speaker is invading a church or structure dedicated to the Golden Entity in the Holy Lands, probably seeking a story stolen by them.
>>
>>51933962

Looks like the Holy Lands. An area ruled by a godlike being known as the Golden Entity, the guy that the Hand and the Kingsmen all serve.

The Golden Entity's deal is that he uses his power to forge people into monsters to create more powerful and absolutely loyal servants.
>>
>>51933962
Much of the store page got pruned unfortunately, so I can't look up the names of them easily.
>>
>>51933962
Concepts for white knight, chosen, and that masked smith miniature prior to the minis
>>
File: IMG_5516.jpg (111KB, 736x952px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5516.jpg
111KB, 736x952px
Cool, a dragon's crown themed conversion
>>
>>51934321
That's not a conversion, that's just the official Pinup version of the Champion Weaponsmith.
https://shop.kingdomdeath.com/products/pinup-weaponsmith
>>
>>51877771
>>>51877809
Is the Gambler's Chest worth the upgrade?
>>
>>51934848
Yes based on the sheer amount of mini's not to mention the cards and TWO nemesis battles.

It is insane value and you'll probably never see the mini's printed again save a few super popular ones.

The Nemesis fights have a better chance of reprint though not gaurenteed
>>
File: IMG_5515.png (458KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5515.png
458KB, 700x394px
>>51933962
On the same subject, anybody able to place this art? Is it part of one of the expansions? Which critter diced the survivor up?
>>
File: 1485998987733.jpg (41KB, 360x550px) Image search: [Google]
1485998987733.jpg
41KB, 360x550px
Hey /tg/ what expansions work well in a People of the Sun campaign? White Lion doesn't seem to add much, though Gorm seems only marginally better. Screaming Antelope actually feels like it would be pretty beneficial though so does Spidicules. I want to make use of Katana specialization so I would like to keep Phoenix as a late game quarry. How do Nemesis encounters work with the campaign? Manhunter and Lion Knight are special encounters but Slenderman replaces a Nemesis, so would I even be able to fight him before the boss rush?

Any other recommendations?
>>
>>51936173
People of the Sun is my favorite way to play KDM.

You want to fight 2 Lv3 Lions, 1-3 Lv3 Antelopes and 4-5 lv 1-3 Phoenix to get all the special pool gear. So you don't want any late game expansions.

Gorm is bad because no heavy gear. No nemesis really because they unbalance the final gauntlet.

I would do Spider, Flower Knight and Dung Beetle Knight as my optimum choices.

Lonely Tree, Dragon King and Lion God are all possible but not recommended.

No expansions are fine too.
>>
>>51934848
>>51935012
Also if Gambler hits retail, expect it to be $300 or so.

Pin ups of death is 100 and is not even 1/4 the content.
Gabmler comes with 40 models, 2 Nemesis, the Advanced Rules (everything from Encounters to Wanderers, if you got new stuff you'll want it), New Armour Sets, New Regal Armour set rewards from the Hand, a whole new set of Gear (Bone+Savage Bone), NEW RESOURCES, the new Food Innovation tree, new terrain etc

Oh, and the most useful mini ever for KD; dead survivor token.

Honestly if you don't get the chest you done goofed.
>>
>>51936572
Hell yea, thank you for the input man.
>>
So I got the ancient lantern 2nd face, and had some questions about the pinups once they arrive. I've never had anything like this before. Once they're assembled (don't know if I'll paint) what's the best way to clean cum off of them without undoing the glue or harming the plastic?
>>
File: mmk5l82s6ciy.jpg (636KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
mmk5l82s6ciy.jpg
636KB, 3264x2448px
This is the reason I'm practicing right now. Holy shit I would be mad if I painted like this.
>>
>>51941795
It probably would be okay if they didn't do the eyes as black splotches. Doing a wash over the entire fig, they probably should have added a small drop of dish soap into the water they were using so it run a bit better over the minis. Assuming they used acrylics or some other water based paint. It looks like it's water based anyway.
>>
>>51941895
Yeah I mean, the idea is there is just the execution is poor to say the least.
Just a reminder that you should not practice painting with these sexy beautiful minis.
>>
>>51941795
Well they certainly look... weathered; let's say there were nightmare pigeons involved.

I actually agree with the other anon, it wouldn't look so bad if they'd not done the black.
>>
Can we expect an update before the manager closes?
>>
File: percival4.jpg (413KB, 265x1496px) Image search: [Google]
percival4.jpg
413KB, 265x1496px
Best girl right here. Now to wait for pinup version.
>>
>>51943492
I don't get impressed with paint jobs option but that is fucking world class good shit there.

I hope they do as good a job on the pin-up
>>
>>51943536
>option

Jesus fucking christ often is what I meant.
>>
>>51943437
I would assume so.
>>
File: Reaction 1358.jpg (33KB, 429x469px) Image search: [Google]
Reaction 1358.jpg
33KB, 429x469px
>have bought quite a few resin figs over the last few years
>been lying around collecting dust
>still in boxes and unassembled
>second kickstarter
>huge new influx of backers and players
>my modelling and painting skills are shit
>selling off resin shit to more capable hands... or just overly excited fans
>keep plastic shit
So after paypal have taken their share, me partially paying for insured shipping, and giving a bit of discount for a bulk buy, I got €963 selling 13 resin minis last night. Plus another €200~ for selling 2-3 other minis last week. Feels pretty good, man. Maybe I should add that plastic gaming board, just because.
>>
File: Reaction 370.jpg (11KB, 312x309px) Image search: [Google]
Reaction 370.jpg
11KB, 312x309px
>>51944770
Plus I still have 10 resin minis left to get rid of, including a few pretty sought after minis. Feels pretty decent.
>>
>>51944770
I've been debating doing this. I have about 9 or so first run resins, but most of them are at least glued together so I'm sure they'd be worth less.

However, I do have a first run BK/Squire, Fighter, all the witches..and a GGHR which are some of the more sought after pieces.

Tough call for me really.
>>
Is there any way to cure Destroyed Back in a game with no expansions?
>>
>>51944789
My reasoning is that I can't do the minis justice at all, I wouldn't want them to look pro-painted (pro-painted by ebay standards). Plus I haven't really fiddled with minis for a long time, and I can use the cash for other shit, like a trip to Nepal or something.
>>
>>51944809
Yea no doubt, I feel the same way as least for the resins.

I don't mind the plastics because I actually use them quiet a bit as game pieces. But the resins are just to fiddly and I feel bad having them sit around when someone else would give them attention.
>>
File: Reaction 1413.jpg (13KB, 428x289px) Image search: [Google]
Reaction 1413.jpg
13KB, 428x289px
Was the Super Survivors included in the $777 tier?
>>
>>51945334
It's included in the readthefuckingkickstarter tier.
>>
>>51944807
There's a hunt event that lets you cure any impairment or severe injury if the character has 3+ courage. But you have to get lucky enough to roll it.
>>
File: agony4.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
agony4.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>tfw no Onoskelis encounter monster

Tell me these things wouldn't be right at home in KD:M. Hips, tits, ass, and an unquenchable bloodthirst with just a hint of sexual sadism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL3ZS6TFyK0
>>
>>51946660
I bet they would give some killer blowjobs.
>>
300 bucks instead of 250, fuck latebacking...
>>
>>51947285
>Pay more than god frogdog
>Get less than Satan
>>
>>51946660
Nah, pinups aside, KD:M isn't about feeling horny but scared it's about psycho-sexuality. It's like Gieger, not the BDSM. It takes humans most base instincts (mate, procreate, breastfeed, etc) and makes them monsterous. Just because it's ooky spooky and has boobs doesn't mean it'd dit the game because if you give it more than a cursory glance you'd know the game isn't about "tits & death" though those things are present.
>>
>>51947608
it is just the core box

maybe I should get the gambler's box too?
hm..
>>
File: 1476276125700.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1476276125700.gif
4MB, 480x270px
Hey guys, I have gotten my late backer email and I am strapped for cash this month, how long is this late backer thing going to be open?

Also, since I do not have the base game yet, what are the mandatory extra's I should get besides the base game of $300?
>>
>>51947923
Mandatory? Nothing

Recommended?
>One of Gorm, Frogdog, or Honeycomb Weaver. (Gorm will come in an earlier wave). Wanting a lion replacement is a known factor.
>Dragon King. As alternate campaigns go, this one is an awesome known factor.
You'd be pretty well off stopping there but also highly recommended...
>Gambler's Chest. Unknown, but pretty damn impressive dollar for dollar.
>Flower Knight, Spidicules, and Abyssal Woods combo. Unknown final value but probably the easiest Total Replacement and AW gives a TON of modes. If you do this, consider getting Weaver for the first point.
>>
>>51948032
hey, cheers for the info man, lots of things to consider. This is a very, very expensive game...
>>
>>51948122
>>51947923
don't spend money you don't have. apart from that, go wild.
>>
>>51948122
Better to spend it now than to spend double in 2 years.

I pledged for base game first time around and ended up spending almost triple getting all the expansions than if I had gotten them through the KS.
>>
>>51948032
Top Tier: Gorm, Spider, FK, DBK, Sunstalker, Lion Knight, Dragon King
Mid Tier: Manhunter, Slenderman
Low Tier: Lion God, Lonely Tree

The new ones are unknown, but AW, HW and Nightmare Ram seem like the best from descriptions.
>>
>>51949317

Overall I agree, but I would also toss in Silver City IF you are willing to get the Lion God too. Silver City sounds like its going to be really special.
>>
>>51949317
Sunfag detected.

Your sun is a fake, but a feast for the true lights of the sky.
>>
>>51949317
Spidey and flower aren't top tier without AW. I love FK, but it's just a little bit sparse and you seldom want to actually replace the Antelope with the Spider since the gear is crud. Sunstalker is also barely worthy of the distinction by virtue of content volume, it seems slightly disingenuous to place it on the same level as Dragon King since there's a fairly direct comparison between the two.
>>
when is the late backing ending?
>>
>>51951416
Nobody knows.
>>
>>51951446
shit
>>
File: Capture.png (749KB, 514x538px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
749KB, 514x538px
>>51949433
Sun Stalker is superior.
>>
>>51950626
Spider has amazing gear, far better into late game than antelope.
>>
>>51950626
Yeah idk what you're saying about Spider's gear being bad, it's really good especially his late game gear, plus it has an absolutely gorgeous model.
>>
File: DSC1484.jpg (176KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
DSC1484.jpg
176KB, 1024x680px
I haven't decided if I'm going to paint them or not, I have patience and time, but I'm seeing some garbage in internet and is getting me down.

Like pic related, it looks like painted ceramic, there is a lot like this. what is it? is it the primer? the wash? the techniche? the mini? I don't know, but it scares me even though I was planing to try with the rawhide survivors.
>>
File: dotdotdot.png (129KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
dotdotdot.png
129KB, 512x384px
>>51944770
I sold a prototype fig a while back. Only moved for 25 bucks... I have no idea what to do with the rest of the prototypes I have. I'd rather not build them and they don't do much just laying around in pieces.
>>
>>51877771
Rules question!
What happens when you're knocked down by the monster, but you're already knocked down?

Do you get to stand up at the end of the Monsters' activation, or do you have to wait until the end of his next activation as if you'd just been knocked down?
>>
>>51953090

Are you into board games? If you are try getting something from Cool Mini or Not (such as Blood Rage) to practice on.

You get a full board game, a lot of alright minis to practice on. It's what I'm doing right now and I'm glad I'm using something less valuable to practice on cause I'm not super great.
>>
>>51953090
Buy a cheap mini or three to practice on. Results are going to vary based on techniques, materials, and general styling.
If you're shooting for fine and subtle details, a bit of patience would help.

Reaper has some pretty cheap plastic figures, if you're looking for something super cheap.
>>
File: 1481409454943.png (7MB, 1562x2266px) Image search: [Google]
1481409454943.png
7MB, 1562x2266px
>>51950626
>Spidey and flower aren't top tier without AW

Really? Why's that?
>>
>>51877771
Late backer here. I presume the 300 dollaroos pledge is just the 1.5 KD core game - meaning I don't need to increase my pledge level to get a playable copy... right?
>>
So I've been practicing painting using Sorrastro's videos on Youtube as a guide. They have been very informative and he does a great job showing the process and technique required to make great looking minis. I feel confident enough now to paint up my White Lion as my first KDM piece. The issue os he doesn't really show the process of picking colors, he just tells you what he uses. I am having trouble deciding what paints to pick up to get the colors I want for my lion. I already have the flesh tones I want to use for it's hands but making a convincing white seems difficult. I wanted to paint it's mane a sort of goldenrod color and then dry brush on some golden flecked paint to make it shimmer, but I've got no clue where to start on color choice. Anyone have any resources or good advice?

Asking here because I've heard on hefe that /wip/ is pretty toxic.
>>
>>51953640
Ignore the second knock down and stand up as normal. You can't be knocked down once you're already knocked down. :^)
>>
>>51953090
Looks like he didn't glaze on or vlend his colors. Looks like a quick base + wash then simple sngle tone highlights which is gonna produce bad results as none of it is subtle or flows. Will look alright from far away but terrible up close. I mentioned him a couple posts above but I've been using Sorrastro on YouTube as a guide. He has some good shit on there to teach proper technique and process. It's actually pretty dummyproof if you know what to do and practice glazing.
>>
>>51953893
Sorry if you don't pick up every expansion you don't have a playable copy of the game.
>>
>>51953775

There are good additions, they just are not the BEST additions.

If you are saying to yourself "I am only allowed to get 2 addons" you want the most bang for your buck.

FK and Spid are fun, but you can get more content with some of the biggest expansions (like Dragon King) or more mileage (Gorm) or more unique mechanics (Lion Knight, Dunk Beetle Knight).

Flower Knight especially has an issue in that he doesn't have that much extra gear you can craft from him. The bow he gives you is one of the best weapons on the game and you can get it nice and early of you plan around it, but Flower resources dry up after a year so you need to spend them immediately or they vanish. And the rest of the craftable gear is kinda meh, like a sword that attack a huge number of times but only has 1 damage, AND you have to feed it a flower each your (which you cant save up and spend over time, remember) or it self destructs. You don't even get armor from him under normal circumstances!

I enjoy the Flower Knight, but largely for the Bloom People alternate rules, because extra luck and the sweet, sweet flower knight helm.

So Flower Knight is a cool mini and a neat fight with awesome feel, but the rewards for fighting him are kinda lame. Abyssal Woods by right of including the Flower Witch, is expected to give you more uses for flower resources (making them less lame) and there are flower knight based armors. With the woods, he should be amazing, Without it he is cool but lacking.
>>
>>51954092
No, I meant 'without AW' part, bro. But thanks I guess?
>>
File: 1488269662755.jpg (40KB, 777x380px) Image search: [Google]
1488269662755.jpg
40KB, 777x380px
5 more lantern years recorded at Beasts of War. Hopefully less mistakes this time as Justin was not controlling the monster and the camera angles at the same time.
>>
Question for people that actually know how to paint miniatures.

I've been practicing a bit over the last few weeks but still don't feel like I'll be ready when the game comes out. I know for certain miniatures there can be value in assembling in "sub-assemblies" to make painting easier.

Will I end up screwing myself with any of the Kingdom Death minis by not doing sub assemblies? I would like to assemble them so I can play with them but would also like to paint them one day.

Hopefully I'll be good enough at painting by the time AW comes out cause the Goblin Dragon looks fucking impossible to paint without sub-assemblies.
>>
>>51954493
Nice. I really enjoyed the last ones. They are helping with the wait.
>>
>>51954600
Good. I figured for some it would quell the hunger pangs for Lonely Ants and beast steaks. Also we do go full on with the hunts. No farming just lions for 4 hunts in a row.
>>
>>51947612
>MUH FETISHED ANIMU SEXUAL FANTASY WOMEN FIGHTING MALE POWER FANTASY MONSTER!
>Guis it's actually deeper than that
>>
Anyone have that one picture of the lone nude woman in the darkness with a lantern?
>>
>>51954544
You will never screw yourself assembling a mini first it will never make the mini unpaintable except with a few niche models where a cloak or something comes super close to the next layer but still leaves a gap.

It will make it much much harder though, it's very easy to get a good picture of what you're doing when it's still in pieces not to mention much less hanging over certain parts of the model when you work one piece at a time.
>>
File: nekkid.jpg (140KB, 616x938px) Image search: [Google]
nekkid.jpg
140KB, 616x938px
>>
File: sun.png (373KB, 888x591px) Image search: [Google]
sun.png
373KB, 888x591px
>>51947612
>it's like Gieger
>Gieger
>muh deep intullektuwal
>>
>>51954544
It kind of depends on the mini in question and how obsessed you are about coverage. You should look over figures on a case by case and plan accordingly. Multi part figures/models tend to have more spots where it can get tricky to reach with a brush if you're looking for something beyond something simple.
The pic that you attached, that model could likely stand some painting before assembly in some spots. The rib cage and various projections would make it a challenge otherwise.
>>
>>51947612
Incidentally, my man, as a deprived xenophilic teratophile, I fucking love the creatures in this game. There's no shame, for me, or for you. Embrace the evil inside.
>>
>>51954544
>>51955313
There are some parts on the plastic flower witch disciples that are basically impossible to paint if you put them together first.
>>
File: IMG_1195.jpg (21KB, 420x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1195.jpg
21KB, 420x300px
>>51954856
>>51956431
How do (You) even get this mad over someone presenting a casual deconstruction of themes
>>
>>51954656
Yo love the series. Seeing your painted minis in action inspired me to learn to paint.
>>
>>51954421
>>51953775

A bit late, but AW requires Spidicules and FK to use the alternate campaign. You could always throw the other stuff in at whatever nodes they belong at.

Then what
>>51954092
said applies about them not being top tier.
>>
File: Frogdog_01.jpg (316KB, 624x708px) Image search: [Google]
Frogdog_01.jpg
316KB, 624x708px
>>51954656
>>51954493

Watched the first 2 lantern years and loved it! Would watch more but worried about being spoiled to much on stuff.

I'll have to check it out another time though for sure.
>>
>>51954544
just learn to drybrush and use washes.
>>
>>51951799
You can't even get katanas nor ninja from the sunstalker.
It fails as the weeb expansion.

At least you can get scythes from the dragon.
It succeeds at being the edgy expansion.
>>
Is it possible to re-cast the unassembled rigs?
Just so I can assemble the re-casted version first and maybe practice painting that.
>>
>>51961085
This is the best thing to do as a newfren because it eases you into more complex techniques.

And it looks nice if you put in a modicum of effort too.
>>
>>51962433
They are very small pieces.

Yes it's possible. Google fine miniature casting diy or something.
>>
>>51961085
Drybrush is nothing, washes are where you destroy minis.
>>
>>51963343
true true.

if you can actually thin your paint and take some time to apply all flat colors to your model. a wash will make it look pretty good. if you then also highlight 1 time it will look above tabletop average.
>>
>>51963343

This. I actually ended up physically destroying my Watcher mini stripping the paint from it after washes turned an 'okay, but not what I want' paint job into 'utter trash and have to start over' tier.

Come to think of it, I can think of only one mini I have used a wash on so far that I didn't have to repaint as a result alter, and that was the Butcher.

...maybe I should just throw out my washes.
>>
>>51963673
Maybe use them properly instead of just dunking your mini into a vat of it
>>
>>51963673
Post pics?
Might be just over application of wash?
>>
>>51963837

Not him, but you know that's not helpful advice, right?

Anything in painting 'used properly' looks fucking amazing. You give paint to Michelangelo and you get the Sistine Chapel, that same paint to a novice and you get a crappy looking still life.

If someone is having trouble painting, asking "Maybe you could try not painting so bad? Just, you know, suck less?" is like saying "Hey, I know you have a big gut wound. Have you tried bleeding less? That would probably help you right now."
>>
>>51963673
You have to thin your washes just like any other paint.

Likewise you need to make sure you apply it in thin and even coats.

By the way what brand are you using and how long have you had it?
>>
>>51963972
Dipping is a thing that people do, though, and being reminded that it's a terrible idea for anything that's not "I need to get a few hundred Skavenslaves to something approximating tabletop standard and I need them yesterday" isn't bad advice even if anon was being an ass about delivering it.
>>
>>51963982

I honestly didn't know you had to thin washes. I thought they were already all thinned out and that was the point of them. Otherwise, why wouldn't I create a 'wash' by just thinning out a normal dark paint to an unreasonable degree and not have to buy a special product I have to thin myself anyway?

I have three washes. Agrax Earthshade, and a Velejo black wash and a flesh wash (which I never seem to find a use for). The black wash is maybe a year old, the other two I got more recently.
>>
>>51964401

When you say dipping, do you mean ACTUALLY dipping a whole mini into a wash? Or just over-applying a wash indiscriminately?

Because the former requires an unreasonable amount of wash just to make the solution to dip into for most minis.
>>
>>51964433
It depends on the wash, honestly. some of them don't need to be "Thinned" beyond simply working with a wet brush But by in large I've personally abandon products labled as washes and use drawing inks instead, for which the Black India Ink needs careful 'thinning' (Very wet brush and a tiny amount of ink) but the colors can basically be painted on since they don't have a lot of stay.

The only downside is that the minis come out kinda glossy where ink is applied but unlike some people I don't hate that most of the time and if I did that's what matte finish is for.
>>
>>51964499
I actually, physically dunked skavenslaves once upon a time. Granted, the "wash" in question was actually woodstain, which comes in cans of a pint or more. Surprisingly it actually worked well for what it was.
>>
>>51964433
>Velejo black wash and a flesh wash
Well that explains a lot, Vallejo washes require extensive thinning (about 50:50 with water or thinner), as supposed to GW which if applied carefully can be used straight out of the pot.
>>
>>51964520
> working with a wet brush

Huh. Never heard of that. I'll have to give it a try.

>>51964603

Well, that's good to know. Thanks.
>>
File: IMG_3514.jpg (182KB, 682x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3514.jpg
182KB, 682x1200px
>>51961289
It has the best pinup though.

Also, katanas are shit. I would say PotS in the California expansion, not the weeb expansion. Warm and chill, until it isn't.
>>
>>51963673
Don't use citadel washes, use matte medium with vallejo air.

Better consistency and color.
>>
>>51964603
GW washes are terrible, I wouldn't use them.
>>
File: IMG_3516.jpg (230KB, 1041x1172px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3516.jpg
230KB, 1041x1172px
>>51965045
>>
File: IMG_3515.jpg (180KB, 862x1067px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3515.jpg
180KB, 862x1067px
>>51965045
3/3
>>
>>51965056
There are many ways of using washes... one of the better of which is massively thinning standard paints, adding a drop of flow improver then using 5 washes where you would usually only use one. You can end up painting whole minis like that, over a white basecoat.
>>
$777 mustard rice here, plus I added additional funds during the KS for the crossovers and Satan twins. Anything you guys would recommend? I'm thinking the plastic showdown board, but that's more 'just because'.
>>
>>51966867
Will you ever use it? I'm not sold that plastic is the best material for a games board...
>>
>>51967930
I'm an impressional sort who thinks a 2x3 feet piece of molded plastic would look neat.
>>
>>51965045
>not the weeb expansion
>samurai, ninja, and japanese style clothes prominently featured
>not the weeb expansion

as a naysayer for sunstalker's quality as an expansion who loves that it has all the nippon in it, you gotta be delusional to think it isn't meant to be the weeb expansion.
>>
File: 1351719069326.png (5KB, 299x276px) Image search: [Google]
1351719069326.png
5KB, 299x276px
>>51895788
>>51896283
>pregnant

i dont know what's going on or what this thread is about but i have a boner
>>
>>51968034
It will look good... but plastic boards tend to vibrate more than card ones when you knock the table.... also, you'll have to varnish it to buggery to stop the paint from chipping.
>>
>>51969275
its about kingdom death a mini board game. a grand total of maybe three things are base game preggo
>>
>>51969275
>>51971524
Well, there's also the fact that number of times you can knock up a woman in single lantern year is pretty much limited only by the number of available men and the potential risk of fucking her to death before everyone had their turn.

Yes this includes male children she had earlier this year.
>>
File: dyel.png (153KB, 513x514px) Image search: [Google]
dyel.png
153KB, 513x514px
>>
Here's a badly taken picture of a badly painted mini. I'm still working on it, but I guess I'm getting another copy of these with the abyssal woods so if this one's fucked up beyond fixing I have another on the way.
>>
File: IMG_4923.jpg (994KB, 1288x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4923.jpg
994KB, 1288x1200px
>>51976573
and of course I forget the picture
>>
>>51976588
She's a squid now.
>>
>>51976588
I agree it's not amazing but it's certainly not awful either. Look pretty middle of the road.
>>
>>51976628
The face is being worked on at the moment

>>51976995
Thanks. I had a ton of problems with stuff not fitting together during assembly and that's good enough for me now.
>>
>>51977318
I think he was referring to the very Splatoon reminiscent colour scheme that complements the already present tentacles.
>>
>>51976588
I'm anti yellow so I cannot give you a pass.
>>
>>51977318
It's pretty good... but... thin your paints more...
>>
>>51976588
Ill say its cthullu like, and I honestly like it. The teeth and eyes subtle.
>>
A second gamblers chest or not... first world problems.
>>
>>51979679
Well I don't know what you'd want out of it but I at least am not that interested in getting duplicates of mono pose sculpts.

If you'r planning on scalping it, then it'll probably be worth it.
>>
>>51979716
>mono pose sculpts
Good point.
>scalping
Eh, I don't think people are willing to pay out the ass for plastic compared to the resin sculpts. Also

New armor kits when?
>>
>>51979748
Well the gamblers chest is of uncertain availability post kickstarter, and if nothing else it's going to cost a lot more than 150$. Most people buying it post Kiscstarter from such source would also likely be doing so for the gameplay content rater than the miniatures alone.

Point being, I wouldn't advocate scalping it but a lot of people are probably going to do so and some will likely even make money of it.
>>
File: 1447064153863.png (617KB, 600x2058px) Image search: [Google]
1447064153863.png
617KB, 600x2058px
>>51977318
Pretty skin is hard. Best of luck.
>>
>>51917324
Truth, anon.
>>
>>51979985
>Pretty skin is hard.
I'd say it's hard to do GREAT. Since pretty skin is predominantly smooth you can get away with a nice base color (THIN YOUR PAINTS) and minimal highlighting. It'll look kinda flat on inspection bit it's totally servicable. Kicking it up a notch in quality, though, requires about five more notches on your painting skill to get good blush and glow and it's not a terrible idea to look up pro theory for cosmetics/makeup to do the shading and especially the faces.
>>
>>51981523
Look on the KD website.... there are some tutorials for the stuff in the first pin-ups box. Very good. They involve layering thinned pints on a white base-coat.
>>
>>51981937

Link? Never seen those there before.
>>
>>51981937
The key I've found is the color of the wash.
>>
>>51982180
These tutorials are more about applying a million glazes though.

I remember following one of the guides and I had to make something like 8 or 9 blends from almost a dozen paints each applied in 3-4 super thin coats.
>>
>>51982583
....um yeah thats how to paint well
>>
File: kdm pro painted.jpg (139KB, 1021x535px) Image search: [Google]
kdm pro painted.jpg
139KB, 1021x535px
>>51982855
fuck that imma just paint to ebay pro standards instead
>>
>>51983220
I get allergic reactions to the term 'pro-painted'
>>
>>51983220
give me more bad KD paint jobs
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 72

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.