[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 431
Thread images: 62

File: NewBread.jpg (522KB, 1536x898px) Image search: [Google]
NewBread.jpg
522KB, 1536x898px
By Request edition

>I actually think "bread" is a pretty weak meme, but whatever the fuck ever, here's the previous one
>>51870393

>baking instructions and such. Use Readium/Kobo for epubs.
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
https://sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQ to bake your lists
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition fast rising bread Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>EZ-read picture-book list builder
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>breadscribe list baker, warts and all
https://battlescribe.net/

>Forge World bread Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Bread Library
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
File: 1370257211781.jpg (81KB, 1021x1027px) Image search: [Google]
1370257211781.jpg
81KB, 1021x1027px
>>51876508
>he didn't read the thread
>he didn't check the catalog
Whatever. Save this for when the other one hits the limit.
>>
>>51876548
Oh, it's that shitty tabletop image. Fuck me for not reading.
>>
File: butguela.jpg (106KB, 500x616px) Image search: [Google]
butguela.jpg
106KB, 500x616px
>>
>>51878127
At least we have an Emperor. Where's yours, xeno of the Tau Empire?
>>
>>51878212
Aun'va guides us.
>>
How would you fix Tyranids? Inspire the lurking GW with your ideas.
>>
>>51878212
>>51878410
>mfw the Tau Emperor got killed by a Culexis
>>
Hi /tg/.

I dropped out of this game around the time Orks got their 7e codex (boo).

I heard that shit has gotten crazy and theres a 40k end-times?

Tbh I'm hoping for an Age of Sigmarization because I'd be happy for a simpler ruleset to get my boyz back on the table

Whats happening with 40k these days?
>>
>>51878586
>lurking GW
GW doesn't lurk. It's so far up its own ass it doesn't care what its fans do or say, because they sell toys to children, so who cares?

How would I fix tyranids? Fire Crud. Get the playerbase on my side again. And then give it back to whoever wrote the fourth edition one with all the carnifex options.

And figure out how to unfuck MCs, I suppose.
>>
Question. Let's say a Tau commander with target lock joins a unit with a unit of models with Interceptor on them - could be Broadsides, could be a Riptide, whatever - if they use their Interceptor rule, can a commander with a target lock fire on a different unit? Do they both need the upgrade to fire, or is that just not a thing at all?
>>
>>51878708
Iirc, EWO provides interceptor to the model, not the unit. Only the models with Interceptor would be able to fire during interceptor phase. It's reasonable to assume that the others can shoot a different target in the normal shooting phase.
>>
>>51878586
halve everythings point value.

fixed
>>
I don't know how to do a Word Bearers Chaos Warband. Why must formations be so restrictive. And why don't Dark Apostle's have acess to Termi armor?
>>
>>51878586
I'd give them Riptides and Wraith Knights.

That was easy. Now give us a hard questions.
>>
>>51876508
Half-baked planning.
>>
>>51878631
>How would I fix tyranids? Fire Crud. Get the playerbase on my side again. And then give it back to whoever wrote the fourth edition one with all the carnifex options.
>And figure out how to unfuck MCs, I suppose.
Seconded. Fixing Tyranids starts with firing the asshole who ruined them.
>>
>>51878828
Take lord
Give terminator armour
Buy crozius relic

It's sort of a dark apostle
>>
>>51878810
>commissar and Primaris Psyker using divination.
Are you stupid? Never put Comissars and Primaris Psykers into a same unit.
>>
>>51878908
Use an IA astro path then dumbo
>>
Is the experimental battlesuit cadre on forgeworld worth getting? I was considering picking it up. It strikes me as one of the better values among all FW things. Anyone have any experiences playing it or vs it? thoughts? I dont even know what the stat books are for it
>>
Are GW cases any good?
I know it's a long shot hoping anyone here actually owns models but I thought I'd ask anyway.
>>
>>51878934
Like anything GW--good quality, way too expensive.

Buy foam and stick your models in whatever case. It's really the foam that's the key.
>>
File: Dark Angels - 1000pts.jpg (178KB, 900x650px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Angels - 1000pts.jpg
178KB, 900x650px
1000 points of elite forces, opinions ?
>>
>>51878586
who's making these cool pixel arts? I google gives me nothing
>>
>>51878927
xv9s are ok units, not particularly good but with T5 they are more survivable.
xv109 is op and after the nerf the xv107 it's good but not op.
it is good but the xv9s are not anything to write home about, just get it recast honestly
>>
File: Imperial Agents - 1000pts (3).jpg (188KB, 900x1057px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Agents - 1000pts (3).jpg
188KB, 900x1057px
How's this for a thousand points?
>>
>>51878944
Got any recommendations for foam that wont kill my wallet?
>>
File: Forces of the Imperium - 1850pts.jpg (275KB, 900x1204px) Image search: [Google]
Forces of the Imperium - 1850pts.jpg
275KB, 900x1204px
Thoughts?
>>
>>51878923
1w IC-psykers are also terribad. One perils and you have like 20% chance to survive it.
>>
>>51878631
>unfuck MCs

but not all MCs are bad, just a lot of the nids
>>
Anyway to run a psychic summons Genecult list without being a waacfag? I love psychic summons, but spamming Maguses is pretty cheesy.
>>
What's the best anti-AV14 / MC Leman Russ?
>>
>>51878610
Chaos sucks
Slannesh (the God) died
Orks suck
Tyranids suck
TAUDAR ARE KING
Imperium literally got primarchs to try and compete
Hope you like riptides
>>
>>51879020
The smash nerf is really fucking obnoxious for nids.
>>
>>51879027
>Slannesh (the God) died
This didn't happen and probably won't happen.
>>
File: 1446599959402.jpg (63KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1446599959402.jpg
63KB, 625x626px
>>51879027
>I only know memes
>I have literally not read any of the books
>>
>>51879020
From the context, I assume he meant nid MCs.
>>
>>51878972
I don't know about the Sisters stuff, so I'll rate the IG part:

If your CCS is going to be on foot, give the Company Commander a Camo Cloak and park them in some cover. Also, I don't know why the Company Commander and the Platoon Commander both have Boltguns, since it's not optimal points-wise and most anything will be able to outgun those squads/they're too valuable to fight with anyways. But ultimately, its just two points so it's not a huge deal.

I have been advised against bringing heavy weapons as a part of an Infantry Squad, so I'd take the Missile Launcher Team out. (Since the squad will have to shoot at the same target and Missile Launchers and Lasguns have different ideal targets.)

Running a single Armored Sentinel is ill-advised as it will likely die, very quickly. IIRC they are usually run in two or three separate squads of one, all with Plasma Cannons to be effective.

Regardless, looks like a fun list!
>>
>>51879020
The main problem with MCs is that they are used way too often and have way too varying strengths.
There's utterly shit stuff like almost every Nid MC and then there is the broken crap like Stormsurges benefiting a ton from being unaffected by the stuff designed for anti-armor.
>>
>>51879038
THIS. They're already rolling Slaanesh back into the fold in AoS, GW realizes killing a chaos god was a mistake.
>>
>>51879038
Remind me how ol' Slannesh is doing in AoS?

You really don't think they're trying to get rid of the sex and drugs God in the kid's game?
>>
>>51878586

Give them some ranged AT or something. Give pyrovores the option to launch armorbane blasts and remove the self explosion.

Make an acid gun bio morph. Nids have been fighting tanks and shit for how long and they don't have this shit evolved yet?
>>
>>51879029
smash was a tad OP before, but i see your point since nids lack decent anti tank
>>
>>51879057
You mean the one who they are hinting is coming back with increasing frequency in every release?

Remember how that recent traitor legions book came out and talked about how Emperor's Children went on a drug-fueled rape spree during the saccing of Terra during the Heresy?
>>
Rate my fluffy list! Ya, I know it's got nobz and boyz, but I was trying to keep to the Ork flavor.
>>
>>51878964
Pretty good but flyers will ruin your day, so will jsj units once the bikes are gone. Honestly it seems like a really good list though I know nothing about the faction, would you be mad if someone ran a (one) riptide/wraithknight against that list?
>>51879027
>chaos sucks
daemons 2nd in tournaments
>>
>>51879067
Before Smash MCs just had innate Armourbane on all melee attacks. It was way overnerfed
>>
>>51879039
Oh shit, my bad, I didn't know orks and nids weren't NPC races who only show up to build up the real threat, space marines + spikes, in the books.
>>
>>51879044
I figured I could give the missile launcher split fire with an order. I mostly included it because I made a really cool model for a missile launcher team. I gave everyone boltguns to fill the last 5 points. Would have had two armored sentinels with Plasma cannons but then I'd have to drop a squad of infantry. I guess I could change the sentinel for a chimera for the CCS.
>>
File: 1487455886226.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1487455886226.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Looking for feedback on my fix of GW's Thousand Sons rules. Goal is to be fairly minimalist.
>>
>>51879025
Vanquisher with Beast Hunter shells (Forgeworld) preferably with a Co-axial Heavy Stubber to help twin-link the main cannon. Regular Vanquisher with Divination Psyker works too, otherwise just roll with a Demolisher.
>>
>>51879060
>Make an acid gun bio morph. Nids have been fighting tanks and shit for how long and they don't have this shit evolved yet?
They don't need anti-tank guns. They need Carnifexes to be able to do their jobs.
>>
>>51879021
Sure, go for it. Summoning isnt guaranteed by any degree and its not even the best list you could make out of GSC.
>>
>>51878934
I've got the mid size case. Can't remember what it's called. It's great, but very expensive. It could really use a separate section to store books, but that might be asking too much.
>>
>>51879086
Who here remembers the campaign for Armageddon, when the Orks were an actual threat?
>>
>>51879102
>and its not even the best list you could make out of GSC
I don't know about that. Magi are pretty fucking cheap. You can run the typical sub-uprising GSC list and still fit 12-14 WC rolling for summoning.
>>
>>51879060
>Give them some ranged AT or something.
The original tyranid design was no ranged AT for flavour, because your tanks were going to get fucked in melee. And you better believe the swarm was getting into melee.

In the modern age, no one remembers why tyranids don't have ranged AT, but it's tradition. Powerful tank-crushing MCs were nerfed to hell though, but it's fine, not like tyranids depended on them for AT.
>>
>>51879096
How many points are Beast Hunter Upgrades?
>>
>>51879086
Go back to 1d4chan and take your shitty memes with you.
>>
>>51879107
Those were some of the greatest days of GW.

The interactive armageddon map on the internet with all the background fluff on the zones and the developing story was THE SHIT.

Hell even Medusa V was pretty awesome.

What ever happened to these narrative global campaigns?
>>
>>51879077
>Abaddon the armless and his undercosted 1k sons are daemons
>>
>>51879089
You could do split fire for the squad, but then you'd miss out on First Rank Fire! Second Rank Fire! Which actually makes standard lasguns significantly better. As, for the rest, I totally understand the point constraints.
>>
>>51879101
>>51879116

>Whynotboth.jpg

I'm not saying give them super long range stuff, but rather have some support while the heavy hitters move forward.
>>
>>51879133
People noticed when they fudged the results to let the imperium win.
>>
>>51879116
A carnifex will still roll through any non walker vehicle easily, just has trouble getting there.
>>
>>51879025
Vanquisher Tank Commander with Multi-Melta Sponsons and a Lascannon are pretty good. Demolisher on its own is good too.

If you give a Tank Commander and his buddy the same Vanquisher loadout, then use Prescience on them, you will have a good chance to destroy a vehicle or hurt an MC a lot.

Pask in a Punisher and just the Punisher in general, is really good against MCs.
>>
File: Astra Militarum - 1000pts.jpg (187KB, 900x1160px) Image search: [Google]
Astra Militarum - 1000pts.jpg
187KB, 900x1160px
>>51879136
I'll be the first to admit I don't know what the fuck I'm doing.
I'll be going against CSM by the way.
>>
>>51879122
>I can't refute this
>At all
>I play tau, eldar, or marines
>my life is super hard already, my army wins 90% of the time only
>go away
>>
>>51879113
yeah by spamming CADs since you can do max 2 magus per detachment. And I havent seen any local comps anywhere in a long time that doesnt limit the amount of detachments you can wield.

And even if you could spam them, 1st turn Cursestar is better.
>>
File: Astra Militarum (2000).jpg (492KB, 900x1818px) Image search: [Google]
Astra Militarum (2000).jpg
492KB, 900x1818px
Rate Tourney list.
>>
>>51879117
15 Points, since they're available on Company Command and Commissar Tanks a Vanquisher with BHS runs 180 points minimum (without co-axial). The price we pay for an Instant Death blast.
>>
>>51879077
>flyers
True but you don't many of them at 1000 points.
>riptide or wraithknight
I think I could probably handle a riptide if I could get a charge off, but a knight would require me to drop the chainfists for Grav gunslinger on the bikes. That and a psychic shriek and I probably could take it down but at that point I'm spent and get killed by the rest of the Eldar army.
>>
>>51879169

If you have the points/models, bump one of the Sister Flamers to a Heavy. Sure, they don't go off at the same time, but the the HF+F will consistently clear more than F+F.
>>
>>51879152
What carnifexes?

>>51879137
The heavy hitters just need to be hardcore enough to survive or fast enough to get there first. How about, I don't know, EW or inv saves?
>>
>>51879116
>And you better believe the swarm was getting into melee.
This is the main thing the current Codex is missing.

Tyranids getting into melee with you should be as sure as Tau shooting you in the face. It should be a fucking fact that you need to be ready to deal with.

Everything in the Codex should be either:
1. Fast and fragile (currently nothing is really fast except overcosted Raveners and FMCs which cannot charge unless they were gliding the PREVIOUS turn (THE FUCK?)).
2. Slow and durable (currently nothing at all is really durable).
3. A support unit not meant to be in CC, like Zoanthropes or Biovores.

Make the fragile units faster and the slower units tougher. Just as a start.

There's like 8 million other things that need to be fixed though. Shadow in the Warp is not properly represented, Synapse controlling units to be more effective (doing something other than just Fearless) is not really represented, Living Ammo is not really represented, their other weird gun effects like Barbed Stranglers PHYSICALLY tying a unit down in CC (not just pinning which is a psychological effect) are not represented, their tendency to be all around the enemy is very poorly represented, their ability to adapt to any conceivable situation with tons of upgrades and options and not AT ALL represented, and so on and so on.
>>
Thoughts on the Hellblade for CSM? It's fragile as hell, but fairly cheap for what it does.
>>
>>51879187
My problem with that is I want to do WYSIWYG and I don't have a heavy flamer yet, but I do intend to do that when I buy my next batch of sisters at the start of next month.
>>
>>51879173
>Chaos sucks
Traitor Legions, R&H, Daemons. All of them are great. Shut the fuck up.
>Slannesh (the God) died
You're talking out of your ass. This didn't even happen in AoS, let alone 40k. Shut the fuck up.
>Orks suck
Everybody knows this already. Shut the fuck up.
>Tyranids suck
They are monobuild. Shut the fuck up.
>TAUDAR ARE KING
Taudar hasn't been a thing since 6th, and while possible as allies of convenience pure Eldar beats them anyway, especially with Ynnari. Shut the fuck up.
>Imperium literally got primarchs to try and compete
You clearly have not read Gathering Storm. Shut the fuck up.
>Hope you like riptides
Proof you're only following 1d4, since otherwise you'd have mentioned Stormsurges and the Ta'unar. Shut the fuck up.

Anything else you want me to refute or are we done here?
>>
>>51879193
>tons of upgrades and options
Tyranids, a highly customizable force? You must be dreaming.
>>
>>51879189
>How about, I don't know, EW or inv saves?
Nids don't need EW. They do need a few invulns, and a lot more Feel No Pain, and the ability to increase their Toughness and Saves, and Regeneration not to be so fucking overcosted, and their originally-fast things like Trygons to be faster.
>>
>>51879117
Not cheap, almost +100pts since normal Vanquishers cant take them. Only Armoured Battlegroup HQ/Elite tanks take them.
>>
>>51879135
the update is new enough I don't know it and how well it works, we'll see how well they go this year
>>51879185
Well I'd probably run a riptide against you if you didn't mind and maybe a pair of remora drones though that seems like a faggoty thing unless you wanted me to go full waac
>>
>>51879222
God I fucking hate Cruddace and his stupid punchable face so much.

HURRR LETS JUST TAKE OUT ALL THE UPGRADES. CANT EVEN JUSTIFY IT WITH CHAPTERHOUSE BECAUSE THE MODEL BITS ARE STILL ON THE SPRUES BUT NO RULES FOR YOU!! NOT LIKE CHAMBERS ORIGINALLY CONCEIVED THEM AS THE MOST CUSTOMIZABLE RACE BY DEFINITION!!!
>>
ALRIGHT fixed my mistakes, reposting my list for further critique to spot any glaring issues.
>>
Would anyone complain if I used Magnus the Red as a Keeper of Secrets? (At a Tourney?)
>>
>>51879241
Removing flesh hooks from Genestealers should have been the instant the rest of the design guys realized he was a retard and got him booted.
>>
File: sad chaos.jpg (162KB, 680x472px) Image search: [Google]
sad chaos.jpg
162KB, 680x472px
Every time I play a game it seems that either myself or my opponent will get frustrated as the game goes on. Unless it's a really close tie up until the end, one of us will either start to get pessimistic, sad, or even sometimes angry (although admittedly I lean towards the former.)

I want to stop this and have a fun, friendly game like I see in the batreps but it always devolves into one of us having a bad time. How can we stop this?

And before anyone asks, I've only ever played with friends, this isn't an issue of switching to a different LGS or anything.
>>
>>51879211
>>Tyranids suck
>They are monobuild. Shut the fuck up.
>the race that is supposed to have the most builds of all of them is monobuild
>implying this isn't the definition of suck
>>
>>51879259
Depends on if you're about to win or not.
>>
>>51879203

Don't worry about it then. They're close enough in most situations. If you do get one, you could drop the mantle for a cloak without much worry.
>>
>>51879259
If they're about the same size, at least in terms of base since LoS at that point doesn't really matter much, and the organizer allows it then they can shove their complaints elsewhere. If the toruney has a strict WYSIWYG, then yes, you will get complaints.
>>
>>51879211
>Traitor Legions, R&H, Daemons. All of them are great. Shut the fuck up.
Abbadon's second 13th crusade to take cadia totally worked out for him. He totally controls the planet he needs now. (In the books)
>You're talking out of your ass. This didn't even happen in AoS, let alone 40k. Shut the fuck up.
The most unsupported chaos god is being hyped at dying in fantasy and 40k (In the books)
>Orks suck. Everybody knows this already. Shut the fuck up.
But but, your precious books? surely you can refute?
>Tyranids are monobuild. Shut the fuck up.
Monobuild, yes, just like in the books, where tyranids are famous for being non-adaptable and totally cookie-cutter beings
>Taudar hasn't been a thing since 6th, and while possible as allies of convenience pure Eldar beats them anyway, especially with Ynnari. Shut the fuck up.
My bad, here. Legitimate mistake. I meant Tau . / and or / Eldar, which I shortened to Taudar. Sorry for the confusion.
>You clearly have not read Gathering Storm. Shut the fuck up.
So the primarchs aren't big point-heavy MCs for space marine armies who didn't get shiny new tau or wraith toys?
>Proof you're only following 1d4, since otherwise you'd have mentioned Stormsurges and the Ta'unar. Shut the fuck up.
Oh no, I didn't list all the bullshit Tau robots, just one of them. Oh, you got me there, none of them are overpowered at all and they're super rare, (In the books)
>Anything else you want me to refute or are we done here?
I dunno, how about literally anything that isn't marine/tau/eldar wanking?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170224-005642~2.png (522KB, 1281x818px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170224-005642~2.png
522KB, 1281x818px
New to the guard, how is this for a 500pt list?
>>
>>51879271
It literally isn't. The Tyranid monobuild achieves decent tournament results, which is more than can be said of, say, Dark Eldar. So what if you only have one tournament-level build? At least you have one.
>>
>>51879224
>Nids don't need EW.
Synapse used to give T4 warriors EW, which was a huge deal. Although INV and FNP might make up for it, theme-wise.
>>
>>51879300
Warriors should really be T5 anyway.
>>
File: 1476666754728.jpg (147KB, 668x691px) Image search: [Google]
1476666754728.jpg
147KB, 668x691px
>>51879286
>muh books muh books muh books
What? Where is this coming from? I told you to read Gathering storm, not the shitty fluff.

>So the primarchs aren't big point-heavy MCs
We DO NOT HAVE HIS RULES. And in 30k, no he isn't.

This is my last (You) until you craft some coherent bait. Apply yourself, you're all over the place.
>>
>>51879290
>The Tyranid monobuild achieves decent tournament results
Ah yes, every player's dream, to spam their one good hq unit and ignore the rest of the book to try and keep up with real armies who have real options
That's a good/fun army
>>
>>51878971
I appreciate the opinion. I was offered a really well done recast for the whole thing at probably about 95% accuracy for $35. While that is a steal of a price, I wasnt too sure if it was even worth getting the units. I a slightly back and forth on this still even with your post. I guess the xv9 are just crisis suits with 1 extra toughness and the others are just different variations of the riptide?
>>
File: img491dae0672ea8.jpg (55KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
img491dae0672ea8.jpg
55KB, 600x450px
>>51879116
>The original tyranid design was no ranged AT for flavour
This isn't true. The first army book produced for the Tyranids (which I own a physical copy of) was Hive War for epic which contains Exocrines and bio-titans with anti-titan biocannon. In the second edition codex both venom cannons and barbed stranglers are perfectly capable of fucking over vehicles really good.

If you read various notes by Andy Chambers his intent was for tyranid shooting to be powerful, but comparatively short ranged (no weapon had a range greater than 36" except biovores), but there's nothing at all to suggest that tyranids are for some reason not supposed to be able to kill tanks by shooting them, in fact the specialized tyranid anti-tank units generally had anti-tank guns.
>>
>>51879290
Contrary to what WAACfaggots like you might believe, the vast majority of 40k players don't give a flying fuck about tournament results, and would rather have their army maybe even PRETEND to operate like it does in the fluff, instead of playing like a complete fucking abortion that has no resemblance to said fluff.

But, since you brought up the subject, no Tyranids shitty monobuild does not EVEN have good tournament results either, they're in 13th out of 19th place in ITC.
>>
>>51879300
It used to, but T5 Warriors makes more sense.
>>
>>51879326
I told you orks and tyranids sucked, and you told me I was baiting and I hadn't read the books.

>read gathering storm
>not shitty fluff

Well? How about it, big shot loremaster? Where in the Gathering Storm are the orks or tyranids good? Better than or equal to Chaos?

>shiny new primarch model
>bring up different game as evidence

Anything else you want me to refute or are we done here?
>apply yourself, you're all over the place
>>
>>51879342
>The first army book produced for the Tyranids (which I own a physical copy of) was Hive War for epic which contains Exocrines and bio-titans with anti-titan biocannon.
Is there... any chance you can scan that book for me, or direct me to a PDF? I would be eternally grateful, my bugbrother.
>>
>>51879342
much as I like the canon tortoise look of the modern exocrine, the slug tank has a charm to it
>>
>>51879269
discuss with your friend what kind of game you want, if your friend play sm formation/tau/eldar/warconvo/daemons ask them to run a more casual list if you play less powerful factions. Basically you need to agree on what kind of game you want to play.
Another rule I like to use is
If you aren't running a LOW, your opponent cannot run one either, unless riptide wing or other really op formations are use
>>
>>51879269
I actually had this same problem with my long time buddy player gf during games we had at my place. If either of us got sad or pissed we took a break and cuddled for a little bit. Really all we needed to calm down and get back into it and it kept the mood nice and cozy. Salty games are the best. For some reason it usually ends with the winner getting to blow off some steam.

Maybe try this with the dudes at your LGS and see if it works for you.
>>
>>51879314
>>51879352
T5 warriors might work, I suppose. Would the MCs get tougher too as a result, or would you find a different way to buff those?
>>
>>51879419
I would think so, there's no reason the Carnifex shouldn't be T7 and 2+ armor.
>>
>>51879338
I have one piece of advice for you
at $35 I would take that 100%
Also IA14 Fires of Cyraxus is just around the corner with all of those units about to get updated.
Rumour has it xv9s are going to get a 2+ armour save so they can be the tau teq (i mean they need something outside of the riptide with 2+).
Also it looks like experimental battlesuit cadre may become a formation soon (yes please) which means they'll be good.
I 100% recommend picking it up for $35, at the very least you'll use the xv107 and xv109 and even the xv9s can be good at removing teqs with d3 shot S6 ap1 guns
>>
>>51879374
That's a good start. I think the main problem is that so many players in our group are just really bad sore winners/losers. It makes the game torturous when losing and you feel like the bad guy when winning. Our guard player in particular when, on a losing streak, will often bring surprise competitive lists to a game we had agreed to be casual. We've talked to him about this and he agrees in the moment but the incident has happened more than once. I'm just not quite sure what to do at this point, the gaming part of the hobby seems so fun when I'm building and painting but quickly becomes the most dreaded part of the whole thing.
>>
>>51879342
>second edition codex both venom cannons and barbed stranglers are perfectly capable of fucking over vehicles really good.
Yeah, but then in third the venom cannon purposely can only glance things to death. I assumed there was precedent.
Having said that, I've never played Epic and did not know that. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>51879419
Depends on the MC.

I would give Tyranid MCs It Will Not Die across the board just standard to represent their regeneration. Regen biomorph would let them roll twice for IWND each turn and recover up to two Wounds if both are successful.

Anything with 6 Wounds should be a GMC, which comes stock with Feel No Pain, and probably be brought up to T7 because how the fuck are you going to kill a small bio-titan with lasguns?

Trygons should have a 5+ invulnerable from their electro-field.

Hive Tyrants should have a 5+ invulnerable from a psychic barrier. Tyrant Guard should have Feel No Pain base.

Carnifexes should be Toughness 7 or at least have the option to upgrade to it again.
>>
>>51879462
>they can be the tau teq (i mean they need something outside of the riptide with 2+).

>Broadsides
>Stormsurge
>Iridium Commander
>he doesn't know the Tau already have a TEQ
>>
>>51879364
I don't own a scanner senpai.
>>
>>51879470
well if you don't mind me asking, what do all of you play?
Some more individual pointers work better for my local group since what I told you was a basic groundwork. We have several other rules specific to each faction
>>51879483
the broadside is a stationary artillery piece for all intents and purposes, the stormsurge is op and needs to leave the codex, iridium commander is one model. Giving the XV9 a 2+ armour save and a 5-10 point increase in point cost would balance it out and make it a nice addition to the tau force since it overlaps too much with the crisis suit right now and would serve as a close quarters broadside with +1 toughness which is something that a cq tau would very much like.
>>
File: wolves.png (59KB, 676x1446px) Image search: [Google]
wolves.png
59KB, 676x1446px
I'm trying to make a 2k SW tourney list r8 n h8 pls
>>
File: you sayin I like dudes.png (47KB, 292x190px) Image search: [Google]
you sayin I like dudes.png
47KB, 292x190px
>>51879416
>>
>>51879476
The way venom cannons worked in 3rd edition meant they would have been the most powerful anti-vehicle weapons in the entire game if they weren't pre-nerfed to prevent it.
>>
File: Ifuunny.jpg (26KB, 640x484px) Image search: [Google]
Ifuunny.jpg
26KB, 640x484px
>>51879481
>Can't kill MCs with Lasguns
>>
>>51879090

>"Minimal changes"
>Make primaris power a 3 shot lascannon plus a baleflamer
>>
>>51879518
Fuck I forgot to add a leviathan dread with claw and cyclonic melta, couldn't figure out how to stick it in there on battlescribe though
>>
>>51879529
....you what, m8? They weren't anything special.

Are you thinking of 2nd?
>>
File: Pondering (Timon).jpg (56KB, 264x292px) Image search: [Google]
Pondering (Timon).jpg
56KB, 264x292px
>>51879481
Damn, dude. Any thoughts about synapse?
>>
>>51879533
You shouldn't have ever been able to kill Carnifexes with lasguns. In 2e they were made as the equivalent of a Dreadnought (which actually meant something back then).
>>
>>51879481
T6 means lasguns are useless anyway
T7 just means that it's harder to wound
Correct me if I'm wrong but if the toughness is 2 times the strength of the weapon it is immune to that weapon
>>
>>51879563
I agree with that about Fexs, but other MCs I'm fine with.
>>
>>51879517
I play Emperor's Children, dabbling in Slaaneshi daemons. 4 others include:
- the Guard player who now plays more Space Marines with Guard Allies, he's definitely the worst with sore losing.
- the Ad Mech Player who also dabbles in Necrons. He used to be one of the better ones but in the last few battles with him he's seen to have gotten an affinity for wraiths.
- The Tau player who is arguably the better of the bunch but has recently strayed from fire warriors into suits
-The Dark Eldar player who doesn't win often but when he does won't let you live it down.
>>
>>51879555
>...you what, m8? They weren't anything special.
Yeah they werent. They were S10 and multishot so they would have been best AT-weapons in the game but they had rules-nerf that prevented them from causing penetrating hits, only clanging ones.
>>
>>51879529
Weren't they just multi-shot S8 AP4 glance-only lacannons? I mean sure, multiple shots is nice, but that's fairly standard on the tanks these big bugs replace.

>>51879555
>Are you thinking of 2nd?
Like, the thudd gun multi-template thing?
>>
File: 1449658229911.jpg (396KB, 728x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1449658229911.jpg
396KB, 728x1036px
>>51879519
Just sharing my solution fampai.
You'd be surprised it works. Sometimes fact is stranger than fiction.
>>
>>51879578
You're wrong
You wound EVERYTHING on at least 6s
>>
>>51879517
not him and a new guy here but what about stormsurges makes them so OP? Seems like everything is pretty balanced for Tau including riptides(they are tough and do not seem to have that great of killing ability on average rolls. Plus I have seen a few riptides go down but usually the Tau forces are pretty much decimated when it comes down to it
>>
>>51879578
You can still wound T6 with Lasguns. First Rank Fire Second Rank Fire on a 40-50 man blob with Prescience on the unit and Misfortune on the MC. Feels so good.
>>
4e Tyranid player here. I was looking at getting back into the game.

Then I read the codex. What the fuck man. Where are the biomorphs? How the fuck am I supposed to make a list work with this craptastic codex? Is there at least a formation for a nigtrillion gaunts or something?
>>
wtf is War Convocation? 800 points of upgrade for nothing?
>>
>>51879618
>Misfortune
If you're using this then it literally does not matter what the target's Toughness is.

t. Blobguard player who melts Wraithknights with massed Conscripts courtesy of Misfortune
>>
>>51879623
>How the fuck am I supposed to make a list work with this craptastic codex?
You take a flying Hive Tyrant. Then you take four more.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-24-02-34-22.png (418KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-24-02-34-22.png
418KB, 720x1280px
>>51879599
>>
>>51879269
Winner buys lunch
There are no losers
>>
>>51879563
>>51879578
I mean, I can get into it.

Guard/eq have to AT or risk melee with the big things for fist / krak/melta hits, because it's basically immune to small arms fire.

Nids see more melee in games as a result, which is what they want.
>>
>>51879594
They were S as creature +2 assault X, which meant on a carnifex they were S10 Assault 2, if they weren't glance only they would have been the best anti-tank guns that existed in 3rd edition since armorbane did not exist and AP values did not affect vehicle damage.
>>
>>51879641
Excuse me while I go remove a few ribs and fellate myself
I must have been thinking of WHFB or something
>>
>>51879557
It should grant Adamantium Will in addition to Fearless.

The other main thing I think synapse should do is allow Synapse Creatures to join units with Instinctive Behaviour to make Look Out, Sir! saves to redirect wounds, because the Hive Mind has no problem sacrificing the fodder creatures especially if it means protecting critical synapse nodes. This naturally will make players want to take a balanced amount of Synapse vs IB models and feel fluffy too. Naturally this would not work for the Monstrous Creatures (although Tyrants have Tyrant Guard for that) but it would further help out Warriors immensely.

I also think nids should have something equivalent to AdMech Canticles, basically a set of one-use abilities that grow in power the more synapse you have on the board. One to increase melee (everything in synapse gets Rage and Counter-attack), one to increase shooting (extra shots on weapons for a turn), one to represent sneakiness (everything in synapse gets Stealth and Hit & Run), and so on.
>>
>>51879195
Nice if you want some AA without fortifications
>>
>>51879592
>They were S10 and multishot so they would have been best AT-weapons in the game
They were S8 max, and either 2 or 3 shot, depending on if it was a tyrant or carnifex. Predators, guard hw teams, devastators, etc can do stuff like that no problem, without the glance only thing.
>>
>>51879289
Not terrible for casual play, but the basic russ isnt the best for its points. You also lack anything to deal with a lot of armor saves, but at 500pts it isnt a death sentence
>>
>>51879637
That's the stupidest list I have ever heard. What happened to my devouring space bugs?

>>51879643
>My Fire warriors charge your Maulerfiend
>That'll be two big Mac combos thanks
>>
>>51876508
Is that a Breadnought?
>>
>>51879557

Another Anon chiming in. Synapse shouldn't be something that cripples you without it. Synapse should make Tyranids more frightening and powerful when they're in range, but without it, they shouldn't suffer any penalties.

It's the same thinking that would have killing an Ethereal make half your army run off the board with Tau before 6e. Nobody just fucking took Ethereals because they were a significant setback for not much benefit. Now they don't come with that and they give army-wide bonuses which can be neat, but generally don't break the game (their fucking giant robots and Markerlight abuse do, however; Markelights should have stayed the same as they were originally for cover).
>>
>>51879630
>If you're using this then it literally does not matter what the target's Toughness is.
I know it doesn't because I too melt Wraithknights the same way, that's not a point I was trying to make. It was a separate, but related, comment about massed Lasguns doing work.
>>
>>51879663
>What happened to my devouring space bugs?
But wait, there's more. You could also take a network of Mawlocs and like a million Lictors. In addition to the mandatory Flyrant or two or three.
>>
>>51879646
S10
>>51879661 (Me)
Fuck, I'm retarded. I was mixing them up and thinking of Barbed Stranglers being S-2... sorry. I can see your point with the glancing then, but third was a long time ago and it's not really an unheard of thing these days... maybe if they were heavy 2 instead of assault x? So tyrants and carnifex and move and shoot, but warriors can't?
>>
>>51879545
It's the Exalted Flamers weapon, an I increased into WC2, which is a huge jump in opportunity cost.

It's D3 lascannon and a baleflamer is S6.
>>
>>51879679
Could a list just comprised of a fuckload of barebones hormagaunts and warriors make it into CC with enough numbers to have a chance?
>>
>>51879663
A bona fide cunt named Robin Cruddace. No one is really sure why he still works for GW after everything he's produced has been pretty much shit.
>>
>>51879533
I've killed a riptide with lasguns
>>
>>51879663
Melee and gaunt swarms lost out to bigger, new plastic kit sales.
As meme-bait as this term is, it was the carnifex effect all over again. Everyone had a shit ton of gaunts, but no one had a plastic winged hive tyrant modeled with the non-melee options. Now everyone does, so expect something to replace them in the next codex.
>>
>>51879706
If your opponent isn't prepared for it you might just take them by surprise with such a balls-to-the-wall list.

Except Warriors are overcosted as fuck and will melt in like 2 seconds and then your hormagaunts will literally eat themselves without synapse, and also you'll have no way to deal with heavy armor or GCs or flyers, and you have no assault grenades, and in this edition your opponents get free shooting when you charge them, and hormagaunts are slower than they used to be and have lower weapon skill despite all the other aforementioned nerfs!
>>
>>51879518
>>51879554
bump
>>
>>51879735
That's basically what he was saying. The guy saying you can't kill MCs with Lasguns is wrong and he's pointing it out.
>>
>>51879679
>love the giant underground monster trope
>raveners were always my favorite unit in the Nid Codex
>remember when the Trygon/Mawloc kit was released
>almost bought into nids on the spot
>couldnt afford it then

Man, I'm kinda glad I didn't buy in then, but I'm still always tempted. I got too much shit atm though.
>>
File: 1487920301790.jpg (1MB, 2345x3378px) Image search: [Google]
1487920301790.jpg
1MB, 2345x3378px
>TFW building your first Custodian Tribune
>First model in six years
>Already planning 30 more

I missed this plastic crack
>>
>>51879752
If any of you actually follow the reply chain it was saying you SHOULDNT be able to kill GMCs with lasguns.

The fact that you can is because Cruddace is a huge cockmuncher.
>>
>>51879663
Great, all it took was two big mac combos to know I never want to waste my time playing with you again. I'd much rather buy my way out.
>>
If I don't have a Dominion Squad in my Sisters army, should I get one or rather take a Sororitas command squad?
>>
>>51879764
>spear and shield
>not converting a gauntlet
So has /hhg/ stopped crying about how OP Custodes are yet? Is cuckstodes anon still around? I've been avoiding the place until the dust settles.
>>
>>51879765
I did follow the reply chain, the one person said GMC shouldn't be able to be killed by Lasguns and then greentext anon wrote
>Can't kill MCs with Lasguns
With a picture that said the above statement is wrong, which was missing the point of the other anon's post, but his statement is still right because we all know you can kill MCs with Lasguns. Then the next anon gave anecdotal evidence of him killing an MC to counter greentext anon, not realizing greentext anon held the same opinion.

If YOU read the reply chain you would understand that.
>>
File: 1486075510327_0.gif (1MB, 538x369px) Image search: [Google]
1486075510327_0.gif
1MB, 538x369px
>S10 Ap1 has a 25% chance to at least wreck a Land Raider
>S10 Ap1 has a 14% chance to remove a single wound from a riptide
>>
>>51879835
Ah. Right. Well that's a few seconds of our lives we'll never get back. Sorry anon.
>>
>>51879814

Get one. You'll use one every game. I shill plasma commands all the time, but I already have 8 melta models for Dom squads.
>>
>>51879844
Yes, this is bullshiet. Don't forget you can't stun, immobilize or destroy riptides weapons.
>>
>>51879831
What's the appeal of 30k? It's just muhreens fighting more muhreens. That just sounds so incredibly unappealing, even if the rules are good.
>>
>>51879876

And that, despite being largely machine, they (and Tau drones) aren't vulnerable to haywire.
>>
>>51879844
Having 12 S9 AP2 ordnance shots helps
>>
>>51879691
Remember, on a warrior a venom cannon was an autocannon, S7, AP4 assault 2 since warriors were S5. On a current warrior they'd be S6, AP4 assault 3, so a shitty assault cannon.

I don't think there's a huge problem with letting tyranid warriors move and shoot that.

But the current 6E version needs to go in the trash can, it's one of the least useful weapons in the codex, high strength, low AP small blast weapon that's probably going to miss completely at BS3, what the fuck am I going to do with that?
>>
>>51879107

Wait, we talking fluff or tabletop? Because in neither were Orks a major threat in the Armageddon campaign. Ghaz is 0 out of 2 at this point.
>>
>>51879910
You would need to hit with at least 9 of them to statistically kill a riptide.

How many points did you spend on that ordinance?
>>
>>51879912
Range: 36" S: X+2 AP: X Salvo X/X2

Strength is user strength, AP is user armor save, Salvo is attacks.

Convince me this isn't a fantastic way to do venom cannons.
>>
>>51879866
Yup, just wondering. I presume you meant to get Dominions
I kinda want to try running a Command Squad with 4 Storm Bolters and a Hospitaller. Too bad I'd have to buy even more immolators for them.
>>51879927
Everything I read about it makes it seem like a huge bloodbath and a very important campaign, and the Orks were presented as a very credible threat.
>>
>>51879844
That's the worst feel. That's why I use Punishers and Lasguns with Misfortune on Riptides.
>>
>>51879881
I wouldn't know, I play Mechanicum.
Really, it's just a different flavor of 40k with a bunch of cool rules I find neat, and less xenosfaggotry.
>>
>>51879933
316 points
>>
>>51879934
You would have to unfuck scything talons and make them do what they are supposed to do (increase attacks as if they were two close combat weapons) then reduce the base attack values of most tyranid units so they were like they were in 3rd edition, but otherwise it would be fine.
>>
>>51879934
It'd be better to do a fixed stat version for MC's and one for regular nids really. Nid MC's could do with more attacks overall and that wouldn't gel all that well with a variable stat gun.
>>
>>51879946
>Xenosfaggotry

But crushing xeno scum under the boots of man is half the appeal of the game.
>>
>>51879934
AP being based on the shooters armor save is weird.

As is higher strength VC on Carnifexes than on Tyrants despite them probably being the same size.

Also they need some kind of special rules to reflect their unique ammo. It's a salvo of razor sharp crystallized acid inside a high-pressure acid-hose stream which is also running an electric current. It should be some combination of Haywire, Shred, Rending, and/or inflict D3 Wounds per unsaved Wound inflicted.
>>
>>51879937

>more Immolators

Honestly, you can't go wrong with more immolators. Hell, I have 5 and I don't have enough, though I got fucked when they went back on sale. Otherwise, I would be up to 7 of them, plus my pair of exorcists.
>>
>>51879831
Six S6 AP2 ID power weapon hits at I6 is pretty rad. Especially with digital weapons. Comes with a free 24" S5 Ap3 Asssault 2 gun
>>
>>51879952
>>51879953
Tyranid close combat weapons all come in pairs, so they get +1 attack in close combat for each pair of close combat weapons they're armed with.

So your carnifex can have 2 base attacks and actually get 4 while also having a low enough stats as to allow for variable statline gun.
>>
>>51879950
>>51879933
Twin-linked
>>
>>51879959
You also don't have to put up with Riptide Wing and Eldar shittery, nor retarded formations in general. It cuts both ways.
>>
>>51879993
Fexes really want more than four attacks, even if they did get +1 attack for each pair of weapons.
>>
>>51879881

Because sometimes you want to play CSM and use rules that are actually good.
>>
Hey dudes. I'm trying to decide between Imperial Fists (successor chapter) or Space Wolves as my new marine project. Wanting to have a little bit of everything with a personal preference for speed and aerial assault (fast fists I know, hence the successor factor).

Do I go full wolf or more germanic spec ops?
>>
>>51880020
>CSM player once again complaining that his particular brand of chaos faggotry isn't op enough
>>
>>51880023
do the Fists
>>
>>51879996
>>51879950
>>51879933
Correction, 12 S9 AP1 twin-linked ordnance shots at 316 points.
Pretty sure that's a dead as fuck riptide.
>>
>>51879764
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-FI/The-Horus-Heresy?Nu=product.repositoryId&N=102737+50292393&qty=8&sorting=rec&view=table&categoryId=cat2210033
I'm sorry, dont hate me for this anon.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-24-03-18-37.png (263KB, 720x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-24-03-18-37.png
263KB, 720x1152px
What the fuck is wrong with people on ebay?
>>
>>51879844
>Vanquisher-shot has 8% chance to wreck Land Raider
>Beast-hunter shot from same tank has 55% chance to kill a Riptide.
>>
I'm torn between gluing a nickle or other coins in the bottom of my minis to add weight and putting a magnet in there for a magnetized carrying case. The larger bases have room, but the infantry ones don't

Anyone have experience doing either?
>>
>>51880067
It's mint.
>>
>>51880024
We mainly just need some cost adjustments and maybe a buff here or there and our codex will be god to go. Cultists, apostles, forgefiends, kharybdis and dreadclaw all are borderline useless.
>>
>>51880071
>vanquisher range
>>
>>51879974
I'm stupid and would rather only have one exorcist and either penitent engines or sister devastators
Also I built my Exorcist and two immolators right recently, and it's made me really weary of building more rhino hulls.
I will buy at least one more in my next shipment for the Dominion Squad, and maybe another one to make a cool looking Sororitas Rhino.
>>51880077
You can also buy them direct from GW for cheaper
God damn the combi-weapon Sisters are expensive on Ebay
>>
>>51880023
Fists sounds cooler. Also offers you more variety in fliers.
>>
>>51880067
Isn't that the low end of what the average blister goes for in a GW store?
>>
>>51880087
You're not asking GW to ship you an OOP blister, they're just sending the model.
>>
>>51880098
No, they send you the exact same looking blister.
>>
>>51880085
>>vanquisher range
A what now? Isnt 72" enough for you?
>>
>>51880078
not to mention chosen being overcosted
>>
File: spacemarine (1).jpg (56KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
spacemarine (1).jpg
56KB, 400x500px
>>51880030
>>51880094
Here's the proposed fist successor scheme. It'll be a more dark matte grey but otherwise trying to mirror aspects of the astral claws scheme. No nonsense while having some pizzaz
>>
>>51880121
I like it, the colors go pretty well together and its not crazy as fuck like a lot of the other custom chapter color schemes we see
>>
>>51880023
>>51880121
I like it, and the idea of going full germanic is cool.
>>
>>51880129
thanks dude. Should mention white helm will be for sergeants, captains will get a blue stripe down the mid of a white helm.
>>
>>51879881
Rules for all the Legions. Better balance (initially).

Currently, it's having the same power-creep issues as 40K, and it also have obscenely expensive and OP FW shit to play around with.
>>
File: gallery_73923_8770_572625.jpg (229KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
gallery_73923_8770_572625.jpg
229KB, 1600x1200px
>>51880087

>cool looking Rhino

Spoilers: you can do both, and already have 2 of them but don't even know it. Sororitas rhino is literally an immolator with a storm bolter top. Pic related.

If you're going to use a rhino, fill it with Retributers, preferably with Heavy Flamers. However, even 10 rending bolters can do some work. Repressors are strictly better in this regard, but you'd have to make it yourself because they're not available anymore.

As for exorcists, I like 2 exos and 1 Retributers personally. PEs are usually distraction carnifexes, which sucks because they're cool. If you're going for all 3, definitely go for the doms. If you want a command squad, use them to plug any holes in your army. Mine just happen to be used for hardy shit like Cents that meltas can't properly nuke.

>>51880097
$14 from GW site.
>>
>>51880170
I don't particularly like how the the Repressor looks. I know you can build the rhino with the bits you get with the immolator, but then you don't get the cool glass cupola for the front.
>>
>>51880113
Not sure why I thought the vanquisher was a variant with 20"-30" range
I'd still rather go with the odds here
>>51880048
>>
>Guilliman gets two models
>Mortarion gets two models
>Fulgrim might be getting a second model
>two of the legions popular enough to have their OWN DAMN CODEX still don't get a single model!

Bravo.
>>
File: maxresdefault(2).jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(2).jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
>>51880215

Sure you do. It fits over the storm bolter top. If I was at home, I'd show you mine.

I agree though. Repressors are kinda derpy. They're really solid though, and the old R+R is quite deadly.
>>
File: Tau - 2000pts.jpg (391KB, 900x1591px) Image search: [Google]
Tau - 2000pts.jpg
391KB, 900x1591px
I know tg hates tau, but I have a tournament coming up and was looking for feedback. Its hardcore only so nobody will have hurt feelings if I bring the cheese.

I know at least 2 people wont have anything lower than 13 front av in their armor, sisters with forgeworld transports and 5 exorsists. I feel like this is just going to get destroyed.
>>
>>51879937
>Everything I read about it makes it seem like a huge bloodbath and a very important campaign

GW always talks up wars like that. Look at the Black Crusades; every one a massive bloodbath that the Imperium only just wins, yet strategically, before Fall of Cadia at least, they meant nothing. Abba-dabba-do was 0 for 12 canonically.

The fact is the Ghaz didn't take Armageddon, and now he's left it. You can take the argument of "It's perpetual war and the Orks like that so it's a victory" but frankly that's on the same level as adding in the pylons on all the planets Abby went after during the previous crusades; it's just a rather transparent way to make a loss sound like a victory. Nothing has actually changed because Ghaz invaded Armageddon. The Ork triumvirate book may change that (actually, given that Armageddon is Ullanor, homeworld of the beast, that's all but certain) but until then it's just another battlefield in a galaxy full of them.
>>
I've been thinking about starting a small marine army. What chapter would be the closest thing to represent old crusaders? I was thinking about a white colour scheme with red crosses on the chest. Deus vult, remove xenos!
>>
>>51880328
Black templars. If you want white scheme then look to their off shoot chapter the White Templars or the Hospitallers for white and red.
>>
>>51880328
Black Templars
>>
File: Codex_Black_Templars_cover.jpg (195KB, 600x870px) Image search: [Google]
Codex_Black_Templars_cover.jpg
195KB, 600x870px
>>51880328
Black Templars but they're not good. Lower point levels are okay though.
Grey Knights are also acceptable.
>>
>>51880286
I don't know too much the tau, but why not an hammerhead or some heavy arty/fire power ?
>>
>>51880238
sang is dead
yiff in hell
etc.

For serious though, a not-retarded Leman Russ model would be awesome. The dude has the most common tank in the IG named after him, you thing GW would show him off more.
>>
>>51880024
>shitposter shitposting on 4chan
Most Legions are mediocre to shit. Only one is OP. Cry harder.
>>
>>51880339
>>51880340
>>51880343
Thanks i'll look into the lore and stuff. I'm looking for something fluffy so that shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>51879193
I played a game against miss. The guy brought two trygon primes...those things were plenty survivable.

Also doesn't the tyrannocyte function as a drop pod and therefore fix the tyrannid mobility problem?
>>
>>51880251
No, I mean if I build up both the immolator turret and the Rhino cupola, I could only fit the glass on one of them.
Also I don't think Forge World really has a grasp on Sisters' design. Repressor doesn't feel like it fits with the rest of the army, same with their version of the exorcist.
Also
>hey let's publish an Imperial Armor book with sisters of battle
>also hurr durr let's discontinue all our SoB products
>>51880312
Armageddon is everywhere though. You don't hear about the battle for the third rock from the sun in the Bing Bong Bannu system, you hear about Armageddon. It's a big battle and the orks are a real threat there. Or were, I'm not sure if it's still going.
>>
>>51880403
You're the crying faggot m8
>>
>>51880286
I feel like Cadre Fireblade isn't getting the most use out of Volley Fire with such small squad sizes
>>
>>51879602
Riptides are comparatively cheap for what they bring which is the primary source of people's ire.

Their main issue is that they are very easy to buff when played properly and formations like the riptide wing enable you to bring very flexible units without paying any hard tax. Running one won't lose you any friends, running six against anything that isn't super competitive and you might as well not roll the dice, get the idea?

That being said, /tg/ has an enormous tau hate boner and it's very difficult to get discussion on the army that isn't "OTS FUCKING OHPEEE!!1!"

TL:DR

The riptide is a very good unit in a codex filled with good units. It becomes aggravating when spammed and an incredible asset when hard properly.
>>
Would these be ok to use with CSM or should I fuck up the skull?

>>51880078

I think I'd be ok with a Dreadclaw if it was like 80 points and no possession. Any cheaper than that, and I'd be afraid of becoming flier spam.
>>
>>51880286
i would drop the breachers for more strikes, they lack range and a transport to get closer unless you're expecting dudes in your face fast. maybe a big squad of 12 for your fireblade

otherwise you're golden
>>
>>51880238

meanwhile, codices without power armor wait over 5 years for a new book, much less new models

cry me a fucking river
>>
>>51880476
That's because they're still painting their models.
>>
>>51880048
Riptide has minrange of 36". Rapiers have max range of 36". Unless riptide wants to, rapiers are never going to be in range.
>>
File: maxresdefault-30.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-30.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
I've had a fucking revelation guys, yet I am conflicted on how to change the direction of my army. I have DA models and I play with their rules, but with gathering storm I might shift the codex to Black Templars to use the Castellans detachment with Celestine.

What would be more cheesy, 6 5 man tac squads with free razorbacks or infinitely respawning meleeing black templars?

pic unrelated just here to get your attention
>>
File: IMG_0714.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0714.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>51880490

Hardly.
>>
>>51880411
>I'm not sure if it's still going.
Orks died on that planet. It's going to be infested with orks forever unless they exterminatus that shit.

>It's a big battle and the orks are a real threat there. Or were,
IIRC, the mostly-feral orks being born on Armageddon these days are used for training battles for various recruited IG factions. Like, they don't control the clans or anything, they just go hunt them.
>>
>>51880476

Start of 6th edition was under 5 years ago faggot tell me which army is using a 5E codex
>>
>>51880414
Wasn't me.
>>
>>51880550
But Ghazkull still reduced most of the planet to rubble, and almost everyone who is anything in the imperium had to send in detachments to fight. I guess I miss the time when just a battle for a planet (or a system) was enough to warrant a full campaign instead of needing to go directly to waking up Primarchs and raiding Terra.
>>
>>51880537
>actually having Steel Legion models
Fuck I'm jelly
>>
>>51880238
>space wolf terminators get unique models
>dark angels terminators get unique models
>blood angels terminators get two sets of unique models
>generic marine terminators are stuck with their models from 12 years ago
who cares about oversized manchildren
>>
>>51880595

Hi
>>
>>51880595

Yeah I'd really like for basic Terminators and Scouts to get an update. Terminators don't even have the vents in their helmets, I have to buy Space Wolf helmet bits to have proper Terminator helmets.

But things like Orks and CSM and IG have less new plastics so they probably need the update more. I just wish GW didn't waste so many opportunities pissing away money making shitty AoS terrain and releases or stupid shit like Centurions and Stormhawks.
>>
File: sniper 1.jpg (2MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
sniper 1.jpg
2MB, 1936x2592px
>>51880588

I love them. The proportions on everything seem way better than the vanilla plastics, and the gas mask / greatcoat theme also fit better with the 40k universe in my opinion.
>>
>>51880595
>generic marine terminators are stuck with their models from 12 years ago
>>
>>51879073
Silly goose, you forgot Magnus.
>>
>>51880633
Steel Legion is without a doubt my favorite guard models. Maybe discounting DKoK but since they're FW they don't really count.,
I would have bought Steel Legion for my army if I hadn't got a really good deal on some Cadians and alternative heads from a friend.
>>
>>51879180
Tournaments haven't been 2000 points in... how long?
>>
>>51879073
>Putting Nobz in a Trukk
>Not in a Drop Pod
0/10 try better next time
>>
What am I supposed to do with all my unassembled models when the weapons I need for them are in the mail?
>>
>>51880578
>I guess I miss the time when just a battle for a planet (or a system) was enough to warrant a full campaign instead of needing to go directly to waking up Primarchs and raiding Terra.
Don't we all. It makes the 'stagnant' timeline seem bigger, and all the characters seem more important.

But the kids today need dragon ball heroes, each new character must be power level 9000+, every threat must wipe out the main planet earth, and here we are. Primarchs fighting gods.
>>
>>51880553

Orks if they want to win anything
>>
>>51880632
>I just wish GW didn't waste so many opportunities pissing away money making shitty AoS terrain and releases or stupid shit like Centurions and Stormhawks.
You already have terminators. You don't have AoS terrain or the shiny new centurions. Why not buy the new thing instead?
>>
>>51880636
>lists a bunch of Indomitus variants
>responds with Cataphractii image
>thinks Cataphractii are "generic" Terminators when they have a plethora of special rules and different stats
>>
>>51880756

Why release Space Hulk 3 times and then follow it up with BA Terminators?
>>
>>51880757

And yet Tartaros don't have 40k rules because reasons.
>>
>>51880697
assemble them minus their weapons and start paiting them then paint the weapons before glueing them on. If theyre resin make sure you correct Bends first
>>
>>51880757
Are they or are they not terminators for the generic chapters?

Which by the way, Bangels and Dangels ALSO don't get. So you fags get your primarchs AND completely new terminators.
>>
>>51880381
He will be giant wulfen and you know it.
>>
>>51880774

How do I make sure the pose and shit works with the weapon?
>>
>>51880629
The only problem with that kit is lack of weapon options. Just make a "Chaos Terminator weapon sprue with like three modular combi-weapons, a couple of each power weapon, a couple pairs of lightning hand claws, and maybe a new weapon option and they're golden.
>>
>>51880772
Even GW realizes how bullshit it would be to give SM rules for models that belong to a CSM faction (in the box set).

I wouldn't be surprised if they do not anyways when the kit get released as a standalone.
>>
>>51878212
We feel no need for some tyrannical totalitaristic faggot to treat us as slaves. Glory to the Empire of freedom, FOR THE GREATER GOOD!
>>
File: Tau - 500pts (1).jpg (79KB, 900x371px) Image search: [Google]
Tau - 500pts (1).jpg
79KB, 900x371px
Finally able to get into this hobby thanks to my sugar momma, how does this look? I am trying to make it fun for both teams and although vehicles might be an issue for me I just cant not love the thought of an armored commander with a fleet of drones being supported from cover by his unarmored comrades
>>
File: images (8).jpg (27KB, 368x399px) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
27KB, 368x399px
Back due to popular demand:

Reminder that pic related has a sweet melody which suits them perfectly now

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=IUGzY-ihqWc&feature=share

FAQ:
>Dubstep is gay lol?
Dubstep suits many chaotic factions as it is fairly chaotic
Also this song is hardly Dubstep

>I listened to three seconds and I thought it was shit?
No, you are shit. Try lasting longer than you do in bed next time, before giving a review

>If this music isn't to my personal taste, does that mean it is the wrong song for the Night Lords?
No

>ITS NOT METAL I CAN SHAKE MY NECKBEARD TO????
Metal music doesn't suit chaos, this isn't the 80s. The Night Lords have evolved a lot in the last 8-10 years, so get on board or fuck off. Metal only really suits World Eaters, even then, probably Hardcore.

>My Emps Children love the shit metal though!!!
No, your structured music would bore them to death. Please read current fluff, not your 80s shit

>LOL LOOK MY SHIT SONG ABOUT BATS OR LIGHTNING IS FUNNY
*Pat pat* nice original joke, friend

>Does the above point apply for any of my other "funny" song ideas?
Yes.

>I know more about music than you because that is brostep, not dubstep
Doesn't change the fact that it is the correct song for the Night Lords

>Why did you word that first sentence weirdly?
Because people thought they were clever with their spam filter
>>
>>51880853
>he doesn't know the meaning of the word empire
>>
File: no tears, only concern now.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
no tears, only concern now.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>>51880801
In my heart of hearts, I know you speak the truth. But I'm hopeful.
Oh wait.
>Russ forgot to show up during the wolf time
>bye planet
No I'm not.
You're right, anon.
You're always right.
>>
>>51878927
They gonna get update in Fires of Cyraxis IA book.
Right now XV9 are too expencive, you better of with crisis for the same points.
>>
>>51880877
Its you gue'la call it empire.
>>
>>51880789
>Are they or are they not terminators for the generic chapters?

Well according to faggots like you they can take the bike wargear so they're not terminators.
>>
>>51880867
HAHA you're so funny bro! Tau players are all idiots amirite?!
>>
>>51880917
I suppose now you're going to point out where I said that since it is what you now seem to be basing your whole argument on.

And we STILL don't have a blood angel primarch when all is said and done.
>>
>>51880789
>primarchs
>plural

Are you fucking retarded? He's an Ultramarine, and he's going to be available to all chapters just like Celestine anyway. Kill yourself.

>Are they or are they not terminators for the generic chapters?

They're Cataphractii Terminators. Here are the "terminators for the generic chapters". There's no image attached because YOU ALREADY FUCKING KNOW WHICH KIT I'M TALKING ABOUT, QED POINT PROVEN, YOURE A FUCKING FAGGOT.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1487747295571.jpg (74KB, 750x614px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1487747295571.jpg
74KB, 750x614px
>>51880924
>TAU ARE HARD TO PLAY
>TAU ARE FUN TO VS.
>>
>>51880931

Don't worry, every generic chapter that's not an Ultramarine successor doesn't have theirs either.

>complaining about dead characters not having models

No wonder you're such a faggot, you play BA. Not only do you play a shitty chapter, you're butthurt that you got called out specifically for how much bullshit you get like unique tacticals and a billion space hulk and terminator models.
>>
>>51880936
>Things I never said
You know what, let's not even talk about Tau because I don't care. I Only want to know why you insist on tau baiting every single fucking thread.
>>
>>51880924
What if I told you that was a legitimate post and I was asking for any c&c regarding it? I am VERY new to all of this but I know that Tau are OP right now and I'd like to run something that doesn't pop the top of the salt shaker as soon as it hits a table
>>
>>51880950
>Implying I am the guy you responded to
Stop trying to fight an anon when other anons are probably replying, new friend.
>>
File: Astra Militarum - 1500pts.jpg (186KB, 900x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Astra Militarum - 1500pts.jpg
186KB, 900x1024px
Hey, what do you think of my GI army. That's the only one I've build in theory (I don't have everyone in physical, 'cause wallet and fucking GW price)
>>
>>51880869
It was funny the first time. Months ago. You are literally just making yourself look retarded.
>>
>>51880869
Are you still spamming that vomit?
They are not tzeench to "change" their taste to whatever "kool kids" listen this month.
>>
File: 1486481924354.png (28KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
1486481924354.png
28KB, 510x546px
>>51880974
I am not here to be a comedian, friendo.
>>
>>51880974
>>51880988
Just filter night lords posts.
>>
File: 1486455102840.jpg (46KB, 490x633px) Image search: [Google]
1486455102840.jpg
46KB, 490x633px
>>51880988
>Implying a song has to be old for it to suit something
Go bang that neckbeard to metal elsewhere. You clearly haven't read recent Night Lords Fluff.
>>
>>51878927
>experimental battlesuit cadre
The XV109 is insane. Heavy 2 S6 AP2 Torrent alongside 3+D3 S8 AP3 Blinding hits will annihilate MEQs. And those 3+D3 hits come with fucking Haywire. AND it gets a free pseudo-Vector Strike every turn when it moves 24" in the Movement Phase alone. Oh, and all of this comes with a 4++ compared to the Riptide's usual 5++, and if it gets out of position it can just leave the board for free and come back later. On top of that, it can Jink, except you don't ever need to because it almost always has a free 4+ cover save from simply moving.

The XV107 is particularly good as a monster hunter since it can potentially put down 12 S8 blasts at 60" every turn. This doesn't sound too amazing compared to the XV109, but the Tau codex doesn't really have a great answer to Wraithknights or other Riptides other than the Stormsurge, so this is welcome.

Hazard Suits are way overcosted. A point-equivalent squad of Crisis Suits will do the job better, so there's no real reason to ever field XV9s right now. The only time I'd ever bring them is if I were making some weird melee-oriented Farsight build, since they're marginally better at close-combat than normal Crisis Suits and come with T5 and free Fleet+Hit and Run. They're not bad units, they just have a shitty niche and cost way too much. If you really like the unit, you could make it work and surprise people at a tournament.
>>
>>51880869
Fuck you faggot, I asked an opinion on my Night Lords list for days, and got no real response, due to everyone just presuming Night Lords shit posting.
>>
>>51880062
Oh I know, I've already bought too much FW stuff as is now.

I bought so much of their Custodian products. Help me.
>>
>>51881001
Fluff says your song is shit, and night lords would piss on the corpse of whoever makes or listens to that rubbish.
>>
What do first and second generation genestealer acolytes do all day? They're so ugly they can't even go to work with the 3rd and 4th. Which to me, leaves reproduction as thier only task.
Its gotta suck being a dirty fourty, having to slave in the foundry all day long and when you get home this gangly purple fucker is just grinning at you while banging the broad from HR
>>
>>51880121
>Pizzaz
Call them the Iron Pizzas
>>
Hey Sisters players
If I want to have a squad sit in the backlines on my objective, should I still buy them an immolator? Possibly with heavy bolters so it could actually shoot at something? Or should I blob them up and have a 20-sister squad?
Non-troops still don't count as scoring in a normal CAD right?
>>
>>51880942
>Buy A Horus Heresy set
>get a bunch of units all of which you can use
>The set actually saves you money
>Buy a Space Hulk set
>Get a bunch of snapfit terminators which you can only make a single legal squad out of
>get a bunch of xenomorph rip offs for an army I don't play
>I pay more than I would have for buying the terminators separately.
I can feel the love
>>
>>51881044
Everything scores in 7th, unless it specifies that it doesn't. You don't want to invest heavily in backline squads, so keep them cheap, possibly with a heavy weapon with decent range.
>>
>>51881058
Cool, then having a 4-heavy bolter Retributor squad makes sense.
>>
>>51881044
Your stupid vehicle counts as troops because rules are dumb, therfore it is ObSec in CAD.
>>
>>51880629
vanilla chaos terminators are in the same boat as vanilla marine terminators, and I would very much be okay with a CODEX: FUCK YOU IT'S JUST TERMINATORS release with new boxes for both
>>
>>51881073
It never made sense to me that vehicles couldn't hold an objective, especially if there were no enemies near.
>>
File: 1a145f39f5dc6e27ffdb46bc2bf5c1ec.jpg (106KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
1a145f39f5dc6e27ffdb46bc2bf5c1ec.jpg
106KB, 1024x1448px
>>51880971
First off you are missing 2 of the strongest units in the codex: Pask punisher and Wyverns. Consider taking either of those.

Personally I feel like that command squad is kinda useless since you only have 2 units of infantry to give orders to. Its also way too bloated for my taste.

Vanquisher without bs4 or preferred enemy is useless. Just dont.

Running a executioner alone is kinda risky. Pair up the executioner with Pask for those sweet rerolls on gets hot.

Just my 2 cents, hope it helps.
>>
>>51880995
>tfw autsits like him make getting help with them impossible

I honestly think he's legitimately non-meme autistic, too n
>>
I want to fuck a Sister of Battle!
>>
File: Necrons - 1000pts (3).jpg (109KB, 900x594px) Image search: [Google]
Necrons - 1000pts (3).jpg
109KB, 900x594px
How's this as my first 1k of Necrons?
>>
>>51881124
Where's the Obelisk?
>>
>>51881086
To each their own, i see "holding" as like operating a device, or stealing an artifacts or whatever, not just standing there dumbfolded.
Vehicle can have trouble doing this.
>>
>>51881124
Too much new shit, not enough Monoliths
>>
>>51881072

Yea, the HB Ret squad is meant to sit non objectives, though if you really want a cheap troop to camp on something, you can always go with a 70pt 5 girl w/HB squad. Don't expect it to do much, but there it is. However, you should still buy an immolator for them because it has a firing point, but more importantly, it can scoot around shooting stuff while being ObSec because it's a Troop dedicated transport.
>>
>>51881119
Join our effort at rebuilding Commogorath.
>>
>>51881131
I guess I took it literally, especially since in Dawn of War objectives are just flags you plant on the ground.
>>51881143
I said make love in the missionary position for the sole purpose of procreation with the lights turned off, not rape and murder you pscyho
>>
Is that true. that Sypher will kill Emperor?
>>
>>51881131
what's interesting is in older editions your vehicle crew could exit their vehicles and do stuff on their own in an emergency

it's kind of unnecessary book-keeping in the post-3rd edition world, though
>>
>>51880652
>>51880677
Oh how silly of me. I guess I should also get some drones for my meganobz as well.
>>
>>51881105
Thanks a lot, I will think on that, pask was already an idea for my army. Unfortunatly creed is creed sooo.
>>
>>51880677
>putting nobz in a drop pod
>not in a naut
shit dude this is a fluff list remember
>>
Okay, I realized that the drones have a formation with a ton of perks so I added them to that then I swapped the commander's drones to markerlight because the swarm can already go to ground & jink and I also replaced the thrusters with a relay to use with the newfound outflank perk on my swarm. Feels pretty cool to have the commander personally escort the fireteams to cover then rendezvous with the drones afterwards. Any thoughts on this?
>>
>>51881163
Who is that? Some Cypher impostor?
>>
File: Tau - 500pts (1).jpg (86KB, 900x419px) Image search: [Google]
Tau - 500pts (1).jpg
86KB, 900x419px
>>51881255
Fuck, forgot pic.
>>
>>51879054
>They're totally brining slaanesh back guys!
>haven't been new slaanesh models for five years,
>every other chaos god has gotten new models
>Archaon Everchosen model had khorn head, tzeentch head, nurgle head, no slaanesh head
>Slaanesh literally squatted by Ynnead in 40k
>b-but slaanesh isn't dead!
>>
>>51881163
What we know:
>Ynnari and AdMech wake up Rowboat Sillyguille
>He hangs out with Cypher and the Fallen.
>Those two and some rando Grey Knight head to Terra.
>Separate hint suggests that some traitors turn loyal and some loyals turn traitor.
What we suspect:
>The trio unplug the Emperor, rebel against High Lords, and Robute becomes new Emperor.
>>
>>51881255
FAQs eliminate gtg+jink.
>>
>>51881287
So would it be worthwhile to keep the commander's drones as guardians to ensure some survivability?
>>
>>51881287
How so?
>>
>>51881275
Age of Shitstorm
>>
>>51881332
Commander's drones cant jink. All they do is fuck up your T5 if you have iridium. Unless you get 1 drone.
>>
>>51881266
Please read the Codex, or at least use Battlescribe instead of this dumb autism-friendly web editor. Battlescribe alerts you when you build something illegal.

Drone-Net requires at least four units of Drones.
Even if it didn't, there's no reason to bring a fuckhuge squad of 12 full drones, even if they all have split fire. It makes it infinitely easier for your opponent to just take down the full squad quickly.

Two min squads of Fire Warriors are going to do N O T H I N G
S5 AP5 hits at BS3 are honestly garbage. If your opponent fields MEQs, TEQs, or a singular vehicle, you might as well pick your models up off the board.

This is a very poor list.
>>
>>51881266
Err, do you have any guns on that commander?
>>
>>51878972
Change the fat cow for a priest.

Canoness exist for two reasons now, either tank hints for the retribution squad, needing only the Rosarius and a storm Bolter or a 100+ point melee bomb to attack with DCA, Crusaders and priest. Rosarius, mantle and super chainsword that I can't remember the name.

Other than that it is good, personally I like HF+Flamer in my BSS, but that is a matter of taste when you don't have dominions to vomit 4 meltas.
>>
>>51881275
>slaanesh isn't dead!
But anon, all those hints! They disprove your facts!

>>51879070
>You mean the one who they are hinting is coming back with increasing frequency in every release?
>>
>>51881335
Literally says that a unit can't Jink and Go To Ground at the same time.
>>
>>51881278
And Ynnari and IoM now BFF, cos without Slaanesh holding them back Eldar are so powerful they can wipe the space floor with mon'keigh.
>>
>>51881278
So... would that make Rowboat the traitor for plotting to kill the emperor? And the 'loyal' deviant Imperial factions like space wolves and blood angels would turn traitor against emperor rowboat?

And the traitors who turn loyal would be the fallen? Or like... shit man. I dunno.
>>
>>51881348
His "plan" is to combine it with the Drone Squad, so those twelve Drones are firing at BS5 and can reroll misses and ignore cover thanks to the CnC and MS3.
>>
File: Vulture1 (1).png (2MB, 1231x778px) Image search: [Google]
Vulture1 (1).png
2MB, 1231x778px
Whats a good army to use a Vulture gunship? I randomly recieved one in a trade and fell in love with the model.
>>
Played first game in a while after only browsing /tg/
>play tau
>arrange last minute game with dude I don't know
>hear he's a fluffy gamer so when I arrive offer to tone down my hunter cadre and drone net
>he says I should play my usual list
>turn 1 he drop pods grav and ruins my riptide, las cannon Devs remove my rail sides
>by the end of turn 3 I have 2 models left on the table and have managed to kill 9 marines

YOU PROMISED ME THIS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN IF I PLAYED TAU
>>
>>51881380
This is what you get for trusting an imperial player and not checking his list first.
>>
>>51881380
Tau hate is a meme that isn't supported by either the codex or tournament results. Riptides and Stormsurges manage to keep Tau near the top of Tier 2 and not much higher because TEQ MCs can be countered, but without them the Codex is honestly just upper-middling at best. Unless you tailor your list or buy a Tau'nar, expect this to happen consistently.
Post your list.
>>
>>51881380

Reminds me of my first game playing 7th edition having not played since 5th. I got hit with T1 podding Grav Cents as sisters.
>>
>>51881380
And what your riptide does on the table Turn 1?
Your broadsides stand in open field?
>>
>>51881355
>Change the fat cow for a priest.
When will people stop giving that suggestion? Priests aren't real HQ choices.
>>
>>51881374
The green Dangles will be evil, black Dangles will be good. I don't think that the Bangles or Yiffs will throw in with the high Lords. Ecclesiarcy and about half of the guard will probably be killed.
>>
>>51881124
give the overlord a veil of darkness
>>
>>51881377
If there's a vehicle in the other army he's pretty much boned.
>>
>>51880071
>Beast-hunter
Is this shit even valid? Where are the rules?
>>
>>51881387
Dank angels so this times two
>>51881393
>>51881397
It was all good. The dude was a cool guy and his army looked great so I still had fun.
>>
>>51881378
IG, scions, inquisition

vultures are cool
>>
>>51880853
But all Tau are literally mind controlled slaves? The "empire of freedom" was retconned a long long time ago.
>>
>>51881393
>tournament results

Oh yeah, with Titan unit banned cheesiest possible strats played by best players in the world can defeat braindead stand and shoot Tau list, so i guess they are not horribly broken :^)
>>51881462
>It was all good. The dude was a cool guy and his army looked great so I still had fun.
Grav is brutal against standard Tau gunline, as it makes your 2+ bite you in the ass.
>>
>>51881347
Battlescribe is awful. Just read the codex.
>>
>>51881478
Imperial Propaganda! Please, put this helmet on and you will see the truth!

They are not mindless slaves tho, else water caste would not do the rubbish crap they are doing.
>>
>>51881492
Meanwhile the list builder for retards lets you take an illegal formation willy-nilly with no warning

There's nothing wrong with Battlescribe unless your autism is genuinely raging
>>
>>51881492

Just used Battlescribe to build a list. Not a single issue.
>>
>>51881509
>There's nothing wrong with Battlescribe unless your autism is genuinely raging
Clumsy software, and some times even wrong information on formations etc. If you know the rules, there's literally no reason not to use the web builder. It's faster, cleaner and doesn't require you to download 100 separate files. If you've read your codex, and know the limitations of your army battlescribe has no advantages.
>>
>>51881539
Okay, battlescribe is better for mobile. That's it.
>>
>>51881509
>list builder is for retards
>because it doesn't hold you hand and instead assumes that you know the rules

I don't give a shit about this autistic spat, but what the fuck is that logic?
>>
>>51881014
>Heavy 2 S6 AP2 Torrent

half torrent

>And those 3+D3 hits come with fucking Haywire.

better than that, the weapon isnt haywire, however every hit it lands grants you an extra automatic haywire hit

you can down knights and baneblades in a single turn of shooting if you roll slightly above average
>>
>>51881539
>Sees another super pro guy who uses lisbuilder.
>Puts list in battlescribe
>Bunch of errors
>Checks with codex, they are legit errors
>Points to the guy who considers himself super rules pro, he gets pissed
Why the fuck i have to fix other ppl shit just because they dont know their own army?
>>
>>51881550
from experience, 90% of people dont know the rules though
>>
File: Dark Angels - 1850pts (2).jpg (360KB, 900x2320px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Angels - 1850pts (2).jpg
360KB, 900x2320px
Is this cheesy enough to be in competitive?

Wish I could join the two assault squads (one has jumpacks and the other a droppod) into one for a mini deathstar with company master (who instead of meltabombs and relic blade carries Blade of the Worthy from ecclesiarchy relics) and chaplain, but they are split into two squads instead.
>>
>>51881554
>you can down knights and baneblades in a single turn of shooting if you roll slightly above average
So...like gravcents and wraithguard?
>>
>>51881565
But then again, when a whopping HALF of the Skitarii formations are flat out wrong on Battlescribe, those errors are not at all trustworthy. Better just read the fucking codex.
>>
File: only 1 relic.png (35KB, 799x213px) Image search: [Google]
only 1 relic.png
35KB, 799x213px
Does the 1-relic-per-model ruling apply to all Chapter Codexes?
Or could someone say 'Well its not in the Space Wolf FAQ so I can keep tooling up my Wolf-Lord if I want to'
>>
It's recently occurred to me that I'm going to have like 10 combi-flamers lying around. Is it a bad idea to run a 5man CSM squad with 4 combis and a HFlamer?

Where else would I be able to use them? Chosen?
>>
>>51881578
no decent cqc
low output of high strength shots
no real decent saves outside of the ravenwing's jinks
no librarius conclave
contains more than 0 sisters

you dont need cheese to be competitive, but this will get stomped most of the time

>>51881589
gravcents need alot of 6's to do that, wraithguard cant move 24" every other turn
>>
File: Save me tg.jpg (60KB, 619x597px) Image search: [Google]
Save me tg.jpg
60KB, 619x597px
a couple friends and i are getting into wh40k we haven't bought any models but we more or less know what factions we are going to play. I had the misfortune of really liking the adepta sororitas, so everyone is buying the start collecting! kits and i don't now what to do /tg/

Any advice? tips? recommendations?

If it helps we plan on (to start) playing by kill team rules (http://heralds-of-ruin.blogspot.ca/p/kill-team-rules.html)
>>
>>51881642
Pray the emprah filthy heretic
>>
>>51881642
You're fugged bro, at least till new plastic models are released.

Att. A fellow would-be-Adeptas-player-if-a-squad-of- 10-did-not-cost-80$
>>
File: index.jpg (54KB, 500x437px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
54KB, 500x437px
>>51881655
>>
>>51881642

For starters, I wouldn't recommend starting with HoR kill team rules because while similar, there are a lot of rules that play differently to 40k. On top of that, there are options in HoR that don't exist in normal 40k. I strongly suggest doing normal GW kill team for a while first.
>>
>>51881655
Should i just play Ig and friends and pray to the emperor that they release the models soon?

>>51881723
Didn't realize GW had a kill team mode, whoop, is that just in the big rule book?
>>
>>51881741
I just took a dive and bought a 500 point army for 250. Could have probably got it for around 200-ish though.
2 battle sister upgrade packs + 4 special weapons (or heavy weapons) + canoness + 2 immolators might suffice to start with. Still gonna be A LOT more expensive than a gets started set though.
>>
>>51881741
>Didn't realize GW had a kill team mode, whoop, is that just in the big rule book?

its just 40k with some extra rules
>200 points
>no hq
>nothing with more than 3 wounds
>nothing with a better than 3+ save
>no vehicle over av33 combined, so 12/11/10 devilfish = 33 is fine for example
>>
>>51881642
unfortunately you can only get old expensive metal minis. Ebay aint an option really as they are about as expensive as new. Fortunately you can start SoB and ally Guard or marines into your army.
So I cant really give you any tips. But after the recent interest in the finecast Canonness i doubt GW will abandon them.
>>
>>51881741
If you-re gonna play killteam in the meantime and have adeptas thirst, buy a squad and an immolator and you'll do fine for killteams.

If you guys go larger you can always play Codex Imperial Agents and mix and match adeptas, grey knights, deathwatch, Inquisition, astra and mechanicus. Or just play one main army (IG or SM) and keep the sisters as an allied detachment. [Spoiler]This is what I do, both to field sisters and to have Celestine as ally for my DA main army[/spoiler]
>>
>>51881589
>>>51881554
> >you can down knights and baneblades in a single turn of shooting if you roll slightly above average
> So...like gravcents and wraithguard?
do gravcents work on superheavies as they cannot be immobilised?

>>51881590
Dont complain about Battlescribe having errors. Report them, they actually fixed some stuff I reported.
>>
>>51881759
>>51881813
Thanks for the help guys, i've been super indecisive about fielding the grills, you make it seem doable!
>>51881805
I mean it IS a kickassmodel!
>>51881766
Thanks, I'll pass on the memo to the group, big help
>>
>>51881833
>I mean it IS a kickassmodel!
if you mean the canonness and like her, please buy her (when she is available again...)
It is probably the only way to tell GW that there is much interest in new SoB models
>>
File: 1487317805179.gif (975KB, 330x422px) Image search: [Google]
1487317805179.gif
975KB, 330x422px
>>51881833
Goodspeed sisteranon, always happy to help. Post 'em when you have the girls painted.
>>
>>51881853
Will do anon will do
>>
File: IMG_7018.jpg (109KB, 640x348px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7018.jpg
109KB, 640x348px
I want to make pic related. If warhammer is 1/28, ww2 tanks this size would be 1/100?
>>
>>51879650
WHFB works the same way. IIRC it's the same chart.
>>
File: 2017-02-24 14.47.25.jpg (900KB, 2554x2238px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-24 14.47.25.jpg
900KB, 2554x2238px
>>51881853
I frickin' love the canoness model!
>>
>>51881393
>pure Tau aren't one of the top 4 cheesiest armies in the game ergo they can't be cheesy
>please ignore the ubiquity of the Riptide wing at competitive events
Tau hate is entirely justified. The Riptide and Stormsurge are complete bullshit.
>>
>>51881896
smol tank
>>
>>51881896
A 1/100 size goliath would be the size of your pinkie fingernail if even that.
>>
>>51881275
>Start Collecting: Daemons of Khorne
>Start Collecting: Daemons of Nurgle
>Start Collecting: Daemons of Tzeench
>Start Collecting: Daemons of ... nope.
>>
Just googled, 1/100 tanks are 5cm long. So i guess they will do.
>>
Are Black Templar still considered bad? Aren't they viable in a Castellans of the Empire detachment?
>>
>>51882122
they are more viable because respawning crusader teams and respawning land raiders, but they are still very lack luster
>>
>>51881939
I mean, Tzeentch didn't have one for some time until Tzeenuary. Maybe Slaanesh will get an update later on. I feel kinda bad for those poor sex loving Chaos whoreshipers
>>
Does Cadia really fall in the new lore ? If yes, Creed survived ?
>>
File: photo-9612-b5bdc64f.jpg (80KB, 500x443px) Image search: [Google]
photo-9612-b5bdc64f.jpg
80KB, 500x443px
>>51881889
oh and before i forget it, dont fall for the trap and buy the 'rhino' they advertise for SoB, if you want one
Pay the few bux for the immolator. With that kit you can build a DoW style Rhino full of SoB iconography with a SoB looking outside as its a rhino/immolator combo kit. The rhino is just the Space Marine one
GW is bad at advertising their kits
>>
>>51882170
Cadia got exploded. Creed got Pokeballed.
>>
Hey, what do you thnk about the rule i propose for moving models - instead of different disance for infanry/bike/beast they all move same distance, measured by the player's dick?
>>
>>51882312
That wouldn't be fair for you
>>
>>51882254
>Pokeballed
By who ?

Btw, I've only read the first tome of Gaunt, is he still alive with the First-and-Only of Tanith (or the left of it) ?
>>
>>51881597
What does the space wolf codex say?
>>
In creed's pokeball :
"Just as planned"
>>
>>51882323
He gets collected by Trazyn
>>
>>51881925
At this point I'm sick enough of hearing about it. People who constantly bitch about Tau are definitely more cancer than the kids who just want to play with plastic robots.
>>
>>51882421
Really xD ?
>>
File: d942.jpg (250KB, 1137x1012px) Image search: [Google]
d942.jpg
250KB, 1137x1012px
>>51882459
>xD
>>
File: Trazyn.jpg (117KB, 900x1273px) Image search: [Google]
Trazyn.jpg
117KB, 900x1273px
>>51882474
>>
>>51881879
That's so adorable
>>
>>51882379
The exact same wording as the Space Marine codex.
>>
>>51881939
Welp, using that logic all of Chaos Daemons are getting squatted from 40K

Because all those SC are for Age of Sigmar and no Daemon faction has one for 40K
>>
Oh there is a new post on warhammer 40k :p
>>
>>51880536
Sorry for the late response, just woke up but
>anything Black Templar
>more cheesy than anything from a different Marine flavor

They're by far the worst chapter in the game right now and nothing they can do can't be done better by any other chapter. Even for melee, chances are you'll have more success with Blood Angels, Space Wolves or even Raven Guard over using the Templars. Their only advantages are having the option of Troop Land Raiders, to have them respawn or have ObSec and having a unique character that can ID everything he challenges.
>>
>>51882619
Then Space Wolves are one per model too.
>>
File: VITTU RÄJÄYTÄNKÖ.png (227KB, 636x548px) Image search: [Google]
VITTU RÄJÄYTÄNKÖ.png
227KB, 636x548px
Quick question: Can Pask lead formations like the Steel Host and the Emperors Fist?
>>
>>51883064
No.
>>
File: 1479464653703.jpg (102KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1479464653703.jpg
102KB, 960x960px
>>51883102
Aight, thank you sir
>>
I've bought Start Collecting Space Marines and I've got some questions. The rules state for the Tactical Squad that "If the squad numbers ten models, one Space Marine may take one item from the Special Weapons list, and one other Space Marine may take one item from the Heavy Weapons list." Are these items/weapons free to take or do they cost points? Another question is if I equip the Venerable Dreadnought with twin-linked autocannon (Heavy 2) does he fire Snap Shots after moving?
>>
>>51883801
The costs for the weapons are in the wargear list. Dreadnoughts are walkers which are relentless, so they can fire heavy weapons with no penalties.
>>
>>51883818
Thanks.
>>
>>51883801
Oh by the way are Plasma weapons worth taking?
>>
>>51879363
amusing bait is amusing
>>
why the fuck are we so slow
>>
>>51881904
WHFB, everything could be wounded on 6's
Pic incoming as soon as i find the damn book
>>
File: towound.jpg (86KB, 538x533px) Image search: [Google]
towound.jpg
86KB, 538x533px
>>51879650
There ya go
>>
>>51884637
>>51881904
wrong reply
>>
>>51881939
tzeentch didn't have one for what? 18 months?
>>
>>51881642
Honestly wait for the new "toughest girl in the galaxy" model
>>
>>51882456
>At this point I'm sick enough of hearing about it
>I don't care that your army sucks compared to mine. You should have chose better.
Thread posts: 431
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.