[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 376
Thread images: 40

File: modern 40k.jpg (321KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
modern 40k.jpg
321KB, 1024x681px
Memelord edition

>Dunc's dankest vids
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YWl7tDGUPA

>Some kind of books???
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
https://sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
https://www.warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQ to bake your lists
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition fast rising bread Reference Sheets:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>EZ-read picture-book list builder
https://webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>breadscribe list baker, warts and all
https://battlescribe.net/

>Forge World bread Index:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Red Library
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
I love tau
>>
>>51875009
Me, too. I enjoy playing them.
>>
>>51875009
i want to dakka all over my blue gf!
>>
>>51874806
Bumping for answer, can't add a CAD and formation together.
>>
File: Tyranids - 1820pts.jpg (265KB, 900x2487px) Image search: [Google]
Tyranids - 1820pts.jpg
265KB, 900x2487px
Reminder the tyrannocyte is a literal meme
>>
>>51875055
Stop using shitty software and just type your damn lists out.
>>
First for orkz!

>I2
>>
>>51875009
>>51875041
I always focus fire down my opponent's biggest and best painted model on the first turn, the kinda guy that they put a bunch of effort into and wanted to succeed.

I love the look on their face as it goes off the table almost as soon as it was put down.

You guys should try it sometime.
>>
>>51875069
i bought army builder.

come at me.
>>
>>51875082
Don't bully my Gorkanaut!
>>
>>51875069
Nah
>>
File: 1441539780510.jpg (29KB, 240x235px) Image search: [Google]
1441539780510.jpg
29KB, 240x235px
>>51875082
>mfw I'm the one the few who paints his models in the group

Knowing my luck though, I'd get his biggest and best model down to 1 wound. I've been known to get 4/4 rolls of 1 for a unit shooting markerlights plenty of times.
>>
>>51875082

>implying you can kill my corner camping stormsurge turn1
>>
>>51875136
>>51875082

My favorite model is all them
What now, faggot?
>>
File: 20170223_204149.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170223_204149.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
My flgs was cleaning up some stuff and i got some free old codexes!
>>
>>51875086
Your waste of money lol
>>
Hey tau brothers, I seem to run into a ton of av14. I always say I am going to play fluff and the enemy agrees. Then after they pull out a ton of tanks that can't be killed outside of like 3 or 4 units that get wiped in 2 turns. How should I deal with these faggots? Lots of deep striking of crisis suits and stealth suits? Tau'va
>>
>>51875176
Optimized.
Stealth.
Cadre.

Shit EATS vehicles for breakfast.
>>
>>51875082
Jokes on you I play SoB without Celestine every model is shit at this point.
>>
>>51875169
I got the 4th ed hardcover codex about 6 months ago for 5 bucks at my FLGS. Fucking awesome.
I already had all of those 40k codexes saved from back then, dunno why I didn't sell them, but I'm glad I didn't. Now if only 4th ed was actually a good ruleset...
>>
>>51875167
I table you, duh
>>
File: IMG_1970.jpg (117KB, 506x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1970.jpg
117KB, 506x720px
All this Tau players.

It is a sad day.
>>
>>51875176
Fusions are staple in a Tau list, so there shouldn't be any issue.
Optimized Stealth Cadre.
Your twin-linked 72" S10 AP1 BS5 tank that can jink.
>>
>>51875176
Are they land raiders or monoliths? If not try to deepstrike behind. if they are, get a totally fluffy stormsurge and fire d missiles at them, tau learn from the enemy and build bigger stronger guns to kill stuff they encounter.
>>
>>51875228
Isn't that only after adding long strike for more points to be bs5? Also another question, if I happen to have a the optimized stealth cadre going and there is a riptide and hammerhead on the field. Does that mean that the fire team bonus is in effect meaning most ghostkeel hits at bs5 rather than the 4 it gets from osc?
>>
>>51875195
In that case I bring my mechanised fire warrior list led by Aun'shi and deliberately make several mistakes, leaving my warriors in optimal heavy flamer/melee range, avoid shooting your Repentia, and do my absolute best to get Aun'shi into a duel with your Canoness.

You'll never see your win coming, it'll be the perfect way to mess with a Sisters player!
>>
Best Imperial Guard models for a Inquisition themed army?
>>
>>51875296
Kasrkins
>>
>>51875289
Jokes on you I'll lose regardless

Why the fuck would I bring Repentias if I don't plan to lose.
>>
>>51875276
Longstrike also has Tank Hunter if I recall, so you can just blast AV 14 from a distance with that reliably.
>>
>>51875296
Scions, I'm pretty sure they used to be an inquisition thing
>>
>>51875221
It's ok, come gue'vesa and become shas'la. Freedom from true oppression. Tau'va
>>
File: Tyranids - 1860pts.jpg (221KB, 900x2145px) Image search: [Google]
Tyranids - 1860pts.jpg
221KB, 900x2145px
>>
File: 1479427105534.jpg (500KB, 753x536px) Image search: [Google]
1479427105534.jpg
500KB, 753x536px
I was reading the Tyranid codex, it honestly doesn't seem that bad. Lots of easy access to rending, fleet, furious charge, shrouded and melee poison.
They dont have assault grenades but a ton of pinning weapons and the horror to make up for it.

Way I see it, it has two huge problems.
-lack of ap2 on ranged weapons.
Like, I look at things like the rupture cannon and venom cannon and I wonder why this is ap4. They have a SHITTON of good anti-infantry firepower but nothing to take down monsters with good saves or heavy infantry.

-everything 'elite' is overcosted
The hive tyrant was the biggest offender, even what I considered basic upgrades pushed it in to the 250 point area. Why is glorified IWND 30 points? That's about 50-70 points too much and I didn't even touch the relics.
All the monsters cost too much, warriors need to go down 5 points, genestealers go down to 10 and brood lords to around 40.
They have good statlines and lots of nice high strength weaponry with a ton of shots but it's all got shit AP and they have no saves, a good stat-line isn't worth that much if they can't use it.
>>
>>51875335
BS5, Tank hunter, Night vision and supporting fire, with all weapons! Also every once in a while the preferred enemy IG comes in to play

He's pretty cool
>>
File: IMG_1693.jpg (96KB, 717x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1693.jpg
96KB, 717x600px
>>51875340
That was so gay that it hurt
>>
>>51875350
>Everything seems good
>Everything good seems overcosted
>>
>>51875082
>My favourite model is my distraction Carnifex
>Sees the enemy waste an entire turn taking it down while the rest of my army gets closer to their squishy ass.

Gotta love nicely painted distraction Wulfens or Solitaires.
>>
>>51875350
That's the exact problem, everything that's good is overcosted, and everything else is overcosted too
It's all just fucking overcosted, that and they removed like 2/3 of nids previous rules and made instinctive behaviour trash
>>
>>51875350
That's basically it. Tyranids lack good anti-armor options (Zoanthropes and melee are the only things), and most of their units are either worthless and cheap, or elite and expensive. Either way, nothing is durable, fast, or deadly enough for its price aside from Flyrants.
>>
>>51875357
So basically, I should be running him with submunition rounds in most lists?

Also my other question from earlier, does fire team stack with a bonus from formation since it's a default trait as long as 3 applicable units are in play?
>>
>>51875357
Seems like the perfect choice if one is having trouble with AV 14. That shows up on what, Orks, Guard, Marines, and Crons? Just spend the 200 points popping land raiders from across the table.
>>
>>51875389
Where does it say every thing is good?

Tyranids have some good options and lots of could-be-good-but-overcosted ones.
>>
>>51875446
If you have a full team of hammerheads, I think Longstrike is better with an Ion cannon to negate gets hot with BS 6.

Unless you're facing literal fields of Land Raiders, you don't need to focus this much on them though.
>>
>>51875350
You also don't account for the fact that nothing is properly survivable on top of being overcosted. This isn't a problem for chaff units if they would fix the points, but it's a big problem for synapse.

IB is unnecessarily nerfed from the old version.

Everything is way too slow in an edition where all other armies got faster. Horms should not be footslogging at 6" when guardsman can now make an 18" move+charge. Rending and Furious Charge don't do anything when they're on fragile footsloggers that can't make it into combat.

Half of our psychic powers are shit.

More than half of our upgrades are missing. The ones that remain are horribly overcosted. This is on the army that was supposed to be the most customizable in the entire game.

All of our WS values were nerfed and we no longer have upgrades to increase them.

Notable lack of fluffy special rules. Tyranids of all races should have some of the most unique unit special rules.

I honestly don't know what good statlines you're even talking about.
>>
Anybody got the Imperial Fists codex?
>>
>>51875496

Would you say the Codex is pretty cruddy?
>>
>>51875520
Do you mean the vanilla marine dex, or the Sentinels of Terra supplement? Either way, it's probably in the OP
>>
>>51875520
The what? It's just a supplement
>>
>>51875176
You understand that most av14 in the game is hardly cheese, right?

Like monoliths and land raiders are laughably overcosted

Leman russes are ok at best since they got nerfed with the ordinance rules

I can't imagine how you think somebody is a faggot for bringing something with an AV against an army with god like monstrous creatures
>>
>>51875563
>Godly monstrous creatures
Tau or Eldar? Because Nids sure don't have those
>>
So, how effective is a Chaos Contemptor with Butcher Cannons? It's expensive, but I'd imagine 8 autocanon shots would be able to put out a lot of hurt.
>>
>>51875426
>Tyranids lack good anti-armor options
Doesn't seem like it.

Zoanthropes, hive crones, hive guard, tyrannofex. Lots of weapons with multiple strength 8-10 shots but they all to have shit range so other than the crone they won't be in range turn 1.
Most of the models carrying them cost a shit ton too.
>>
File: image.png (455KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
455KB, 600x450px
>>51875340
>implying the imperium isn't the best place to live for any true servent of the emperor
I can't wait for bobby G to show up and BTFO the fishes, giving them a true taste of the god like and demi-god like beings the galaxy holds
>inb4 some tau faggot thinks the tau could take on a primarch
>>
>>51875585
Look at who i was replying to
>>
>>51875594
>Zoanthropes
Unreliable as FUCK
>Hive Crones
Decent enough at anti-air, but can't multirole and are too expensive to justify bringing them most games
>Hive Guard
A solid unit, but needs that synapse and struggles against heavier armor
>Tyrannofex
Giving this guy anything other than Acid Spray is a good way to ensure he never hits anything the entire game.
>>
>>51875597
I trust Farsight, not the Septs
>>
>>51875594
I mentioned Zoanthropes, but the others aren't exactly great in that area. My point is more that all of their anti tank guns have high strength, but short range and no AP. Other than that, it's haywire.

Outside of Zoanthropes, they don't have any ways to blow up a tank or Teq in an efficient way.
>>
>>51875652
Before I fully built my Tervigon I played it as a rupture cannon tyrannofex, in like 6 games it never died but it also never killed anything, it never even hit anything
>>
>>51875169
Woah, mad jelly
>>
So my buddy is running Ynnari with Webway Portal D-Scythes and he is ruining my shit and I am not sure what to do about it. I play mostly CSM right now.
>>
>>51875678
I've got the same experience here, only mine's modeled with the fucking Rupture Cannon. I only really play it as an Exocrine... Soon I'll have the real model, but my genecults have been taking most of my time and money ATM.
>>
Why do fluff-bunnies insist that winning doesn't matter and you're a faggot if you play to win, yet get assblasted when they lose? If you don't care about winning and simply having nicely painted models on the board is good enough for you, then why does it bother you when your opponent uses a list that isn't shit?

The eternal paradox.
>>
So what exactly is the role of the Solitaire? He's not got enough AP2 to go after enemy HQs, he is T3 and doesn't have enough wounds to endure fighting hordes, and assaulting even a half-decent actual melee unit is just asking for trouble. What gives?
>>
Any anon can take a pic of a scourge next to a harlequin? Assembled my first kabalite warrior yesterday and holy fuck they're literally midget, so disappointing.
>>
>>51875678
200 points for a pair of S 10 AP 4 shots at BS 3 is pretty garbage. If it was AP 1, then maybe.
>>
>>51875609
My brain farted
>>
How bad are daemons, particularly mono-gods exactly? I don't like the chaos marine aesthetic and only tzeentch cheese seems solid enough to build without allies
The incursions have so much tax on them that it's ridiculous, too
>>
>>51875726
I know Khorne daemons are at least decent. Flesh hounds for example are one of the best units in the entire KDK book.
>>
>>51875714
A big problem is that most of the shit you're gonna want to kill with it has a fucking 4++ invuln anyways
>>
>>51875726
Tzeentch is pretty top tier. Khorne is still solid from what I recall, as flesh hounds can do a lot of work. Better in the Daemonkin book where you can get free reinforcements though.

From there, I would say Nurgle is also pretty strong for Shrouded jinking Daemon princes, cover-camping Nurglings, and just generally having a lot of durability.

Slaanesh I would say is okay. Weaker overall than Nurgle, and you're largely leaning on Seekers there. High initiative isn't as great when you lack grenades.
>>
>>51875726

In non-competitive games, all mono-god lists are viable sans Khorne.

In competitive games, only really Tzeentch works well. You CAN make Slaneesh work with invisibility spam, but Slaanesh units are bad at holding objectives and dealing with fliers.
>>
>>51875669
No ap doesn't matter much vs vehicles, it's better to glance them down with multiple high strength shots.
Make the venom cannon ap3, heavy venom ap2, rupture cannon ap1 and reduce the points cost of them by 5.

>>51875678
Two bs3 shots never hit anything?
Are you sure it wasn't just a big Ork?

>>51875714
Reduce it's base points cost by about 50.
>>
File: 20170223_212950.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170223_212950.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>51875709
Harlequins do seem to be pretty huge, but its probably from the pose and mostly being on ruins
>>
>>51875704
He's i10 and has 12 attacks on the turn he blitz.

He's basically just there to hide out until it's time for him to blitz in, kill one giant monster/tank and get shot to death.
>>
>>51875785
And yet the complaint everyone has about the survivability of vehicles is that they're too easy to explode. High AP is good to have when you aren't shooting flyers or light vehicles with 2 Hullpoints anyway.
>>
Are the Chinese recasters worth it or not?
>>
>>51875793
Just reminded me i didnt do the fleshy bits of the scourges
>>
>>51875703
for a fluff bunny it's more about having fun, going neck and neck and talking about paint jobs. playing against a WAAC who drops the skyhammer formation on your ass turn 1 putting everything to death with grav or locking up your army is no fun. this isn't speed running
>>
>>51875703
Pretty much >>51875838

Winning doesn't matter. Having fun matters. And being blown off the table by an unpainted spam list isn't fun.
>>
>>51875785
Tyranids don't need low AP ranged weapons outside of the ones they already have. That's supposed to be one of their racial weaknesses.

The problem is that they have jack shit in the things that are supposed to be their strengths, like: being one of the fastest moving races in the game, durable as fuck MCs, endless waves of small creatures that constantly replenish, and having the enemy utterly surrounded and besieged from all sides.
>>
>>51875793
Thanks anon, I think the problem here is Kabalite kit are 10 guys in 2 sprue, so the size shrink too. I guess that's why they're called half-born.
>>
>>51875872
Yeah. Tyranids don't really need bio-melta guns or whatever if they actually got decent assault abilities instead. If they can shred terminators with genestealers and smash apart tanks with Carnifexes, then it doesn't matter, but right now they don't have the speed or durability to do that.
>>
Just for clarification on fire team. Does it work with a mix of tank and mc or does it have to be 3 tank or 3 mc?
>>
>>51875886
I compared warriors and troupe too. The legs look longer on harlequins, maybe they dont accept manlets/womanlets into the masque.
>>
File: 1850 SW.png (196KB, 893x974px) Image search: [Google]
1850 SW.png
196KB, 893x974px
So I'm going through the process of "refurbishing" my army and through together this list from what I actually have

I have only played one game of 40k but that was when my army was at half the size it is now and this was over two years ago. I just wanted some input about the strengths and weaknesses my army has and some ideas of how I could change things up

I'm not looking for anything to sweep tournaments but I dont want to get tabled every game either. Thinking of maybe picking up a flier and a techmarine/iron priest to fix it up as well as an additional rhino for the other tactical squad.

Side note I have no plans to use wulfen or thunderwolf cavalry but I like the idea of allying in some scions because they seem to be a fast offensive based army and could be fun to field
>>
>>51875785
Rupture cannon (25 pts):
S10 48" AP1 assault 2
Wow it's suddenly not trash
>>
>>51875726
Tzeentch is king.

Next best is Nurgle with his 2+ jink princes and actually pretty good decurion core choice. CAD is also good but requires plague drones and deep striking so you're completely at the mercy of reserve roles if you want heralds or a GUO.

Slaanesh is third. Super fast and Killy, expect turn two charges. Suppliment gave them great relics and warlord traits. Low durability and needs the support of a khorne cannon for assault grenades which is humiliating for solo slaanesh armies but mixed draw strength from diversity.

Solo khorne is the worst with units that inexplicity cost more then the other gods daemons while being on the same level as them. Lacks psychic support which HURTS, daemon need psychic support and khornes extra expensive daemons most of all.
>>
>>51875586
Contemptor should always go to melee, whether it shoots as it moves there is up to you. It's WS5, and if you're gonna use butcher cannons, you may as well use a forgefiend with hades, which are better since they have pinning, or rapiers, since you can get 3 hades rapiers in one slot and be much more points efficient.
>>
>>51875838
>>51875860

Do you think that the people who put more thought into their lists beyond "what looks cool" aren't having "fun" when they play?
>>
>>51875976
No. Tyranids should not have straight up long-range low AP shooting.

Tyrannofex should be BS4, the weapon should be as is but with a special rule that if both shots hit the target, resolve an additional S10 AP 2 armourbane hit.
>>
>>51875995
There's a difference between putting thought into a list, and abandoning everything because 6 squads of grav bikes wins games.

Is it any more fun to roll up with that and just curpstomp a casual player into the ground? Why try and break the already nonexistent balance further?
>>
>>51875169

5th ed cover art was so shitty
>>
>>51876007
Much better desu
>>
>>51876025
That Tyranid and DEldar cover art are glorious and far better than the shit that comes out now.
>>
>>51875825
That's only because you have shit like the land raider and the naut which cost 250+ points dying to a single melta shot.
You also get Orks whining about trukks but let's be honest, that's more the fault of boyz wearing paper mâché for """protection""".
>>
>>51875785
>>51875976
Sorry, couldn't quite hear you. You want the cannon to be S:7 AP:5?
>>
>>51875979
The tallyband core? On paper it looks kind of eh
Or is it just because of the nurgling spam/low cost to meet reqs?
>>
>>51876007
Either that or drastically up the number of shots so that it can actually strip hullpoints.
>>
>>51875937
I know, anon. I had lots of Harlequin at home, but 0 dark eldar, and this really upset me. Now i'm really skeptical about getting Wyches tho.
>>
>>51876057
I've heard my boy Phil Kelly might be in on the nid update so fingers crossed
>>
>>51876057
I would pay GW an extra 30% on every purchase I make for the next 10 years if they would fire this faggot and replace him with a competent rules designer for the next decade of Tyranid updates.
>>
>>51876084
I've been praying for this. I think Kelly's the only one at GW to actually collect nids right now.
>>
>>51875964
>not using a Wolf Raider
>not using a Wolfnought
>not using a Wolfno
>not using a Wolfiathan Wolfnought
>>
>>51876081
There's other weapons for that.

The main problem is the Tyrannofex is a dedicated shooting creature but only has BS 3. Tyranids aren't fucking stupid. Ones intended to be used for ranged combat will be GOOD AND ACCURATE at ranged combat.
>>
>>51876040

dark eldar have never had a good cover
the only good tyranid cover ever was 3e, but I'd still take the current cover over that one, exploding head and all
>>
>>51875872
>>51875909
I thought their weakness was short range and lack of invulnerable saves?

I don't see what's so bad about 24" acid launchers eating armour or a highly specialist unit bucking the trend with an ap1 gun.

If you want fast monsters you can already buy fleet for your run moves, what more are you expecting?
>>
>>51876103

Is he the one with the poison dart frog-painted 'Nids?
>>
>>51876103
He also wrote the 4th ed Codex which was one of the best GW ever put out for any faction.
>>
>>51876119
You might just have shit taste, then.

3e was the best, 5e was also amazing but spoiled by a terrible book behind it, 4e was good. The current one is by far the worst.
>>
File: 1376383211512.gif (873KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
1376383211512.gif
873KB, 510x546px
>>51875347

>1855
>>
What is a good list for 2000 points of Imperial Guard competitively?
>>
>>51876060
No overwatch allowed + debuff in melee if I remember right.

Nurglings provide cover saves to everything behind them then just waltz in to combat turn 2.
>>
>>51876132
The Black ones with Yellow patterned carapaces. Just google "Phil Kelly Tyranids" and you'll see 'em.
>>
>>51876129
>Short range

Ties into speed. If they're fast and mobile enough, short range firepower matters less

>Lack of Invuln

Ties into durability. Having no way to mitigate high ap or ignores cover shooting is bad.

>If you want fast monsters you can already buy fleet for your run moves

Meanwhile, other armies get +3 inches to move, run, charge, or all 3 a lot of the time. Fleet doesn't make you faster. It just makes your top speed more reliable.
>>
>>51876157
>Your meme is 5 points over the limit
>>
>>51876129
They're not supposed to have a lack of invulnerable saves. That's modern Crud-design. Oldnids could take psychic fields like the Zoanthrope has on more creatures, or had innate invulns just from being so fucking huge (these days that would be represented with base FnP), or could be upgraded with bio-electric fields that protected them (WHY THE FUCK DOESNT THE TRYGON HAVE A 5++ ???????!!!!!!) or had dodge saves (current GSC stealers, original Lictors).

>If you want fast monsters you can already buy fleet for your run moves, what more are you expecting?
Gargantuans with 12" movement base, onslaught letting you Run and charge in the same turn, Leaping option on Warriors again, Hormagaunts with +3" to all movement not just Run moves, Scout on more units for pre-game movement, charging out of Trygon tunnels????
>>
>>51876169
Kellynids make me wet
>>
Got a tip from a friend o'mine that works at GW.

Word is SoB will be getting new models when HL3 comes out. You heard it here first
>>
>>51876165
I'm probably just thinking "slow" when I read nurgle since Khorne and Slaanesh look more killy up close
I guess when you have that many nurglings you might as well take advantage of the meatshielding
>>
>>51876223
Dwarves next month, next edition is in September.

Screencap me.
>>
Can SoS take a drop pod?
>>
>>51876169
It's also known as Hive Fleet Jormungandr.

Frankly I'm getting bored of Leviathan being the spotlight Hive Fleet after 4 editions. They should pick a different fleet to be the main one for the next Codex. Jormungandr would be sweet, Moloch would be fucking amazing, just give me something other than the same old pale ugly nids. Shit I'd KILL for a return to the pre-Codex 3rd ed purple-black ones.
>>
One of the biggest problems with the Nids (ignoring for a moment how underwhelming their shooting is) is how reliant they are on cover instead of armor saves.
Now, the fact that they're dependent on cover isn't a bad thing in and of itself, it's actually an interesting concept if executed well. The problem comes from two other areas:
1. There's not enough variety of where to get buffed cover saves. In the codex, there's just the Venomthrope, which is a little fragile, but it does it's job decently, I suppose. Moving to FW, you get the Malanthrope. So, overall, you have these two choices which are pretty similar to each other. We need more ways to buff our cover saves.
2. So much nowadays ignores cover. There's template, barrages, all kinds of shit and every other army is packing it in truckloads. We need some way to dissipate the affects of Ignores Cover if the Nids are to use cover instead of armor.
>>
>>51876177
Durability would be such an issue if your monsters were much cheaper and expendable, at the very least you could afford more venomthropes.
I dont think we should just hand nids invulnerable saves willy nilly.

>Meanwhile, other armies get +3 inches to move, run, charge, or all 3
Only reality defying slaanesh units deserve this.
Assault moves outside dark eldar/harliquin jet bikes are an atrocity, fuck tau, fuck craft worlders.
>>
File: frank_frazetta_fireandice.jpg (322KB, 861x1200px) Image search: [Google]
frank_frazetta_fireandice.jpg
322KB, 861x1200px
>>51876025
but it's a reference to a classic battle pose, at least for necrons and Deldar. look at that smug elf holding something up to screen as his takes a picture with his perfect hair despite driving around at 60 mph in an open topped vehicle
>>
>>51876267
>I dont think we should just hand nids invulnerable saves willy nilly.
How about getting back the ones we used to have?

>Only reality defying slaanesh units deserve this.
Uh, no. Tyranids have always been fast as fuck. Them being stuck moving at the speed of other armies is a Cruddace development. Back in 3rd and 4th leapers had a 12" charge when other models could only go 6", Raveners had 9" base movement, Fleet was on a bunch of things and ONLY models with Fleet could Run at all in the Shooting phase, in 2e they had higher base movement than equivalent infantry and so on.

Now there are things like Wulfen and Skitarii with Dunestrider - this is exactly what leaping nids should have.
>>
File: Astra Militarum - 2000pts.jpg (345KB, 900x1519px) Image search: [Google]
Astra Militarum - 2000pts.jpg
345KB, 900x1519px
>>51876159
According to various accounts from here this is what it would probably look like.
>>
>>51876298
Don't forget in 3rd ed they had the original move through cover as an army-wide special rule called Fast And Deadly.

This needs better representation now that everything else in the game has gotten faster over time.
>>
>>51876202
>Oldnids could take psychic fields like the Zoanthrope has on more creatures, or had innate invulns just from being so fucking huge

Back in the old days, Warp Field just conferred a 2+ armour save. In 4th edition it also gave you a 6+ invulnerable save, but that's barely worth mentioning. That was the only invulnerable save we had access to. The only time our MC's had an invulnerable save due to sheer bulk was 2nd edition and the very basic army list in the 3rd ed core rulebook, and in that case, that was the only save Tyrants and Carnifexes had. No 3+ armour save.

I don't object to the idea of certain Tyranids gaining access to Invulnerables in a hypothetical new codex, but it's pretty accurate to say *not* having them is one of our defining traits at the moment.
>>
>>51876267
Hormaguants used to move 6 inches back when everyone else only moved 4. How is making them back to 50% better a bad thing?

So many agile assault units in the game would benefit from being like Howling Banshees, having a rule that fills in for grenades, and allowing them to get extra distance on their charges.

Making everything cheaper isn't the solution. That just means now I have to spend even more money to remove even more models for the table.

Give back rules to make our MCs actually better and terrifying.
>>
>>51876267
Newfags should not suggest fixes to an army they weren't around to see actually function the way it was supposed to.
>>
>>51876331
>>51876341

I will maintain to my dying breath that Tyranids should get an army-wide special rule which lets them Run and Charge in the same turn. Call it Rapacious Advance or something like that.
>>
>>51876332
>but it's pretty accurate to say *not* having them is one of our defining traits at the moment.
Nothing written in a Cruddex should be accepted as an INTENDED defining trait, though.

If you remove his books from the equation, Nids had more access to invulns than not.

If the Trygon were designed today by literally anyone else its bio-electric field would give it a 5+ invulnerable, and it would probably be a Gargantuan and have 12" movement and FnP on top of that.
>>
>>51876370
I don't like that idea, if only because Tyranids are supposed to be specialized. Not everything in the book should be a speedy close combat beast.

Give the units that need speed speed, and give others stuff for their roles as well.

Gaunts are halfway between beasts and infantry anyway, so give them 9" movement to represent that. A Carnifex is supposed to be a biological tank, so let them actually buy extra armor and toughness so they can be immune to bullets as they advance.
>>
>>51876370
Some of them need to be straight up faster on turns where they aren't charging. That rule doesn't help them. It should just be added onto Onslaught.
>>
>>51875831
somewhat related: how do you go about contacting them? or are there reliable recasters on things like ebay?

Fuck forgeworld prices, but the models are so pretty.
>>
>>51876397
This, very much this.

Tyranids shouldn't have Army-Wide stuff outside of Synapse and IB, but they need to have the options for specialization into certain areas, and unique unit special rules for individual creature types.
>>
>>51876313
Looks pretty good, but couldn't you morph it into a battle group with Allies for the bonuses for the Battle Group and Emperor's Shield?
>>
>>51876383
>Nothing written in a Cruddex should be accepted as an INTENDED defining trait, though.

It was also the case in the 3rd edition Codex (written by Andy Chambers) and 4th edition Codex (written by Phil Kelly). Tyranids have never had wide access to Invulnerable saves outside of 2nd edition.
>>
>>51876412
Gotta look them up, use Yoyhammer for advice.
>>
>Tfw IG will never get doctrines again
>>
Since we all know that Tau learn from their opponent and adapt (after losing a ton of dudes). Let's say that they learn about Girlyman in some off battle that he would randomly encounter tau where they send information out before being wiped out. Let's say that the tau were able to create some sorta MC suit that would be one of a kind for "reasons". What would you all design to combat to defeat the primarch? FYI the suit merely would be able to give him a challenge IE: thanks for the battle but this isn't even my final form
>>
>>51876423
You could do the battlegroup sure, but it's a lot more models. The core is either 5 Leman Russ or 150+ Guardsmen because it's an Emperor's Shield Company as a core choice, which is 3 Emperor's Shield Infantry Platoons.
>>
>>51876397
>Not everything in the book should be a speedy close combat beast.

The intention was that the Hive Mind should be capable of lashing even the most dull-witted of its creatures into a frenzy if it needed to. What about allowing any unit which begins the game in Synapse Range to Run+Charge, and if you're within Synapse Range when you declare your charge, you don't suffer any penalties for charging through cover or making a Disordered Charge?
>>
>>51876458
>which begins the game

Begins the turn, I should say.
>>
>>51876446
>step on him with a Ta'unar
done
>>
>>51876458
No. You're still not getting it. There's no reason why the Hive Mind is going to randomly just have a Zoanthrope get really fired up. That's not its job.

What's the matter with making gaunts halfway to being beasts?
>>
>>51876434
The game has also become deadlier since then, though.

4th ed Carnifexes could be T7, 2+ armour, 5 Wounds, and regenerate all of their missing Wounds in a single turn on a lucky roll, and that was when grav and D wasn't even a thing.

For Tyranids to be modernized they need their invulns back. A psychic barrier on Hive Tyrants is easily justifiable, as is voltage fields being back for Trygons, and maybe an upgrade for other models. Lictors should have their dodges again. Big critters should either come with IWND and/or FnP base or be able to upgrade it.
>>
>>51876484
The Inquisitor would devote the next three years of his life to finding the prehensile penis extension STC so he could do just that.
>>
>>51876484
Depends on the context.
In the Ciaphas Cain books, a group of AdMech once told an Inquisitor to fuck off (though they were within their rights to do so). The Inquisitor turned around and mobilized his private army against them. Pretty sure the Inquisitor was labeled a traitor for this. I know he died.
>>
>>51876515
Sorry wrong thread I'm reposting.
>>
>>51876458
>The intention was that the Hive Mind should be capable of lashing even the most dull-witted of its creatures into a frenzy if it needed to.
Which is EXACTLY what the Onslaught psychic power is meant to represent. Check and mate.

Also, what >>51876500 said.
>>
>>51876499

Primarchs have lifted the feet of far larger titans. Regular terminators even survive being stepped on. Get fucked faggot you don't know shit
>>
>>51875989

Hrm. I guess that makes sense. I guess two fists with plasma then?

Rapiers might be good, though. Are they IA13? I'm wondering if they get stealth for being night lords.
>>
File: 1465195696528.gif (2MB, 390x277px) Image search: [Google]
1465195696528.gif
2MB, 390x277px
>>51876541
>he thinks the power wank in the fluff means anything
>he doesn't know the actual rules of the game
>>
>>51876500
>You're still not getting it.

No, I disagree. There's a difference. I want the army to favour aggression and close combat, and I don't want it to re-write half the rulebook in the process. One of 40k's base rules is that everything moves 6" unless it has another categorisation - Beasts, Bikes, Cavalry, whatever. It applies across every Codex equally. Tyranids desperately need a new book, but I don't want an Eldar-tier abortion that breaks nearly ever base rule in the game.

>>51876514
And that's totally a valid argument, I would have nothing against Monstrous Creatures getting Invulnerables. Personally I'd prefer robust (4+ or better) Feel No Pain and It Will Not Die rolls to represent rapid regeneration, but Inv saves would be entirely justified in the current game. I'm just saying that it's outright wrong to say that Tyranids have always had access to them, because outside of 2nd, we've had almost none.
>>
>>51876577
>One of 40k's base rules is that everything moves 6" unless it has another categorisation - Beasts, Bikes, Cavalry, whatever. It applies across every Codex equally. Tyranids desperately need a new book, but I don't want an Eldar-tier abortion that breaks nearly ever base rule in the game.
>>
>>51876577
What are you on about? Aside from how broken it is, the Eldar codex is great. Everything feels really fluffy and has special rules to help it do what it does better.

That's exactly the sort of thing Tyranids need. They don't need an army-wide pass on something only half the army wants to do anyway. They need special rules for their units, because they're specialized. They need the ability to customize and modify and kit things out for a role.

It's not something you can just slap a bandaid fix on
>>
>>51876570
>brings up rules in a fluff what if discussion

We don't even have guillimans rules yet retard
>>
File: spacemarine.jpg (44KB, 736x525px) Image search: [Google]
spacemarine.jpg
44KB, 736x525px
How the FUCK are the Ultramarines going to react when Rowboat shows up?
How the fuck can the chapter most fanatical of their primarch to the point that most of the entire Imperium is fanatical of him more than their very own Primarchs even try to remain stoic and composed when they are told that their spiritual liege prime is coming back from the longest coma ever to lead the entire Imperium to a glory it hasn't seen since the Emperor himself?
How much of a morale boost can it be?
>>
>>51876602
>>51876577
I'm so sick of all the rules breaking. At a certain point base rules feel pointless with so much ignoring.
>>
>>51875082
You're the sort that makes the distraction carnifex meme a reality

See? >>51875409
>>
>>51874992
Is it just me, or does the Regimental Standard seem kind of cringey? The PETA response one was funny, but it generally seems like GW is trying too hard to come across as hip and meme-savvy to their fellow kids customers.
>>
>>51876577
Hormagaunts ALREADY have a special rule to make them faster. Just switch the +3" to the move instead of the run. Boom, you can take your slippery slope and fuck off.
>>
>>51876609

Why do you think Eldar are so broken idiot it's all those "fluffy" rules

Face it none of you fags can name a shit army that you think "feels fluffy and interesting"

You all just want to be OP faglords
>>
>>51876619
They become 9 base and 10 with a Sergeant.
>>
>>51876555
yeah, IA13. Plasma blaster on the contemptor is a bit dodgy, 5 points extra to always "rapid fire", but less range. Probably best to have a chainfist. Rapiers can't take VotLW unfortunately.
>>
>>51876623
The base rules are there to be added to and improved on. If you're a rulebook ultra purist them go play 3rd.
>>
>>51876519

Inquisitors have Terra's authority to pretty much demand anything they want. However, there's some people who are definitely not willing to just give up what an Inquisitor demands, or are in positions of strength compared to the Inquisitor where he can't exactly leverage anything.

A canny Inquisitor might find some ways to grease the wheels to get what he wants through subversion, bribery, convincing arguments, or doing favors, rather than just whipping out the Inquisitorial Seal every time he sees something he wants or wants people to help. You've got Terra's mandate to demand anything, but you don't have a guarantee that anyone will respect it.
>>
What should be my first army if I love gore effects and explosions?
>>
>>51876499
>Tau'nar
>Getting anywhere remotely close to Guilliman

No, Guilliman's not a tactical retard, he's not going anywhere within 10km of a Titan unless necessary.
>>
>>51876639
Really? You think swooping hawks being able to haywire bomb things or banshees actually assaulting well is the broken stuff?

No, it's the jetbikes and D weapons. Having special rules doesn't break an army. Having undercosted bullshit does
>>
>>51876642
The base rules are there to be ignored because don't worry I have my own special snowflake rule that says I don't have to listen to the rulebook.
>>
>>51876645
An inquisitor does not have authority over the cult mechanicus though. The Ad Mech is their own heirarchy and the Imperial Cult doesn't have any authority over it short of the High Lords of Terra. This is clear in the fluff.
>>
>>51876623
The only problem with all the special rules is that there are too many duplicates or rules that don't really do anything. Shit like Soul Blaze and Warpflame. Or Crusader and Fleet and all the other "these dudes are a bit faster in slightly different ways" rules.
>>
>>51876640
And Marneus goes down to an 8, because he was the target for Guilliman's wrath when he wanted to know why they were treating the Codex as holy dogma rather than a set of flexible guidelines.
>>
>>51876577
>but I don't want an Eldar-tier abortion that breaks nearly ever base rule in the game.
Nah, I disagree.

This anon >>51876609 nailed it.

Also as >>51876636 states the rule literally already exists, it's just written poorly because Cruddace is a hack.

Horms leaping rule should work like Sicarians/Banshees, and this should also be an upgrade available to other units like Warriors.
>>
>>51876613
>missing the point
Dude, nobody wants to sit around with you and think up a snowflake retard suit that the Tau only make one of for >reasons, with the specific purpose of jobbing to Guilliman. I was making a joke

>>51876663
>muh taktikul jinyas would never be in this situation!
The Codex exemplifies tactical fluidity and an ability to adapt to any situation. Remember that no battle plan survives first contact with the enemy. Guilliman can plan all he likes, but he sometimes will not have the luxury of picking his battles and he knows that. What he actually DOES in that situation is an entirely different matter.
>>
>>51876456
Maybe not the Battlegroup, but just the formations all taken separately. So An Emp's Sheild Platoon, and Emp's Wrath Battery, and a combined arms. Problem is you'd need another vet squad, so at best you're losing 20 conscripts to remain battleforged.
>>
>>51875496
Damn you sassy
>>
File: PaintedGasMask.jpg (152KB, 943x1007px) Image search: [Google]
PaintedGasMask.jpg
152KB, 943x1007px
I want to get into guard. I just painted this guy.
>>
>>51876639
>Why do you think Eldar are so broken idiot it's all those "fluffy" rules
No it's scatter lasers being 10 points and available on every bike in a unit, and Wraithknights being undercosted by at least half, and other armies not being properly designed.

Basically you're saying it would be better to make Eldar into a shitty dex like Tyranids have than to give Tyranids a fluffy, proper-feeling Codex like Eldar have, which is just retarded.

If every army were given the Eldar treatment, barring some points-costs in the Eldar dex that need adjustment, the game would be fucking amazing.
>>
>>51876732
THICC
>>
>>51876732
where did you get those heads
>>
>>51876658

Renegades and Heretics sounds perfect. Budget template rain and ample opportunity to model gore and mutation.
>>
>>51876715
Yes, but the question implies that the Tau are trying to get a suit to Guilliman, so they wouldn't design one for the off chance that he gets caught off guard, especially once they realise that he's at least equal to the likes of Shadowsun in terms of tactical capability. It really isn't hard to set up a null-Titan space if you know what you're doing, and the Tau aren't magically immune to smaller scale Titans being death magnets against well-prepared and equipped forces.
>>
>>51876446
Fusion blade commander, Shield Generator and Stims. Give him a couple of shield drones and hope he can melt the primarch before dying.

There you go. Shas'o J'obba
>>
>>51876715

I'm not the one who brought up the stupid Tau shit faggot you're both fucking retarded
>>
File: 3f4[1].gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
3f4[1].gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>51876691
>>
>>51876783
Fantasy is dead, go ask the Sigmar thread.
>>
>>51876783
Why don't you go to the Warhammer Fantasy General, stupid?
>>
How much are people sticklers for gear on models? Like with combi weapons and such.
>>
>>51876736

You've never even played against WAACdar let alone watched a mirror match between them, so how would you know?

Protip: An OP flailing fest where both sides are retarded isn't fun, it's stupid. Warp Spiders embody your definition of "good rules", so you're full of shit. You just want Turdanids to be Eldar tier, stop trying to deny it.
>>
>>51876446
Some sort of stealthed suit with a Railgun/Heavy Railrifle with a direct communications link to some EMP missiles in orbit. Guilliman isn't the biggest problem and will die like a bitch (like everyone else) if found alone by a dedicated high-end kill unit, the biggest problem is the defensive network of Marines around him. Trying to make a suit that can tangle with a Primarch 1 on 1 is folly unless you want to make something huge, which would sorely reduce the chance of getting it to him in the first place.
>>
>>51876829
Fuck off Carnac, we were having a good discussion here.
>>
>>51876820
It's preferred you have the right equipment, but you need at least some way of distinguishing what has what.
>>
>>51876829
>You've never even played against WAACdar let alone watched a mirror match between them, so how would you know?
Mhm, sure kid.
>>
>>51876795
>>51876799

didnt see it sorry
>>
>>51876748

Pig Iron Products
>>
>>51876833
>die like a bitch

Yeah that's why all the Primarchs died like flies to all the orbital bombardments and random shit during the Heresy.

LaughingIstvaan.jpg
>>
Since people want squats and other races and humanity has become a purist state with allowing some mutants and stupid OGRYNS(dumbest units ever). I feel like they could actually make it so that squats became an auxiliary of the Tau army. Now I know I will get hate for it but I think it would fit in. They could essentially become terminators for the Tau especially if they get some cool armor from them. This would also allow for them to be even more of a fluff battle even with something new and generally tough... plus they could be TEQ with melee capability and not being the hot garbage that kroot and vespid are.

Plus everyone loves dorfs. If you actually hate dorfs then you are a faggot... for real
>>
>>51876857
>didn't even know about Warp Spiders being OP
>kid

Hey buddy your katana's unzipped
>>
>>51876639
>Face it none of you fags can name a shit army that you think "feels fluffy and interesting"
Woah. It's almost like armies are judged on whether or not they are shitty based on how well they fit the fluff??!?
>>
File: 1462421047864.jpg (64KB, 450x649px) Image search: [Google]
1462421047864.jpg
64KB, 450x649px
>>51876923
Do you even know why Squats were removed in the first place? Stop trying to shoehorn them back into the setting. The same goes for all you other faggots too, as well as the Malal fags.
>>
>>51876923
Demiurge already exist
>>
>>51876895
Typically they weren't engaged by high-end kill units designed to kill the Primarch, though admittedly sometimes they were. Still, Guilliman was by no means on the higher tiers of individual Primarch combat capability and, even though he would likely be capable of eating most 40k characters alive one-on-one, still doesn't really stand much of a chance if he's alone and hunted down by a larger elite force.
>>
>>51876924
A) Warp Spiders are nowhere near as OP in general as the two main things in Eldar people complain about, Scatbikes and WKnights. They're just really good in the WAAC meta.

B) I wasn't giving an exhaustive list of every unit that is undercosted, just making some examples.

Why are you so ass-devastated?

>Hey buddy your katana's unzipped
You're the one talking like a fat fedora-wearing faggot, bro.
>>
>>51876960
>I have never actually played against Eldar
>>
>>51876938
>as well as the Malal fags.
Honestly I agree with this one.

Every fucking time some hipster on this board talks about how his chaos warband secretly serves Malal or whatever I feel a little repulsed by the faggotry.
>>
>>51876978
I've played against Eldar like twice a month for the past 5 years you dumb cunt, lol.

Just because you're shit at analysis doesn't mean others are lacking experience.
>>
>>51876938
Why were they removed?
>>
>>51876960
>Mhm, sure kid
>Mhm
>Mmmmmhhhmmmmmm
>Y-y-you're the one typing stupid! You ass-devastatee!

See, this is when that cheetah guy should be posting laughing images.
>>
>>51875384
he a cute
>>
>>51877007
You must actually play Eldar yourself if you honestly do not think Warp Spiders are OP. They are fucking gay and on par with scatbikes, and this is coming from an Eldar player.

>you dumb cunt, lol
Are you retarded or just Australian?
>>
>>51877014
Because they're fucking boring and don't really bring anything unique to the setting.

Which can be just as easily applied to the over9000 extra flavors of Space Marine but those have sales to justify it.
>>
>>51877007
Damn dude you're such a badass can I suck your dick?
>>
>>51877039
He never said they weren't OP. Just that he didn't give a list of every single undercosted thing in the book.

You're the retarded one for thinking that units getting special rules to do their jobs is somehow a bad thing. That's the kind of thought process that gave us the current Ork and Tyranid books.
>>
>>51876938
>>51876992

Malice is an interesting concept to think about and has a cool Daemon Prince concept art and model, plus basic Daemons. I like the idea of expanding the Chaos God pantheon to include more dudes, because I like being spoiled for choice.

I'm still waiting for my Daemon Prince to arrive from the Kickstarter, although I already received my Ambull mini from their other Kickstarter already.

>>51877014

Pretty sure they just did not fit the direction they wanted to take the setting, nor the tone. They were one of the many holdovers from the Rogue Trader days that no longer seemed to work for the setting. Plus they may not have brought anything new to the table gameplay-wise, since most of their weapons and units were just Imperial stuff.
>>
>>51877007
>cunt
>lol

Daily reminder that moot was right about Australian UK and EU posters all being shitposting faggots
>>
>>51877066
who the fuck is moot
>>
>>51877039
>You must actually play Eldar yourself if you honestly do not think Warp Spiders are OP. They are fucking gay and on par with scatbikes, and this is coming from an Eldar player.
Nope, never played as Eldar.

Spiders aren't anywhere near as bad as scatbikes.

>Are you retarded or just Australian?
Aussies aren't the only people to use the word cunt.
>>
>>51877059
>You're the retarded one for thinking that units getting special rules to do their jobs is somehow a bad thing
Oh I'm sorry dude, I must have missed the part where me calling this guy retarded became about the Nidfag discussion up above. Wait, it didn't? Alright.

Spiders are not undercosted, they are just absurdly powerful. Warp Jump Generators are inexplicably the best jet packs in the game, and Flickerjump is an A++ anal annihilation inducing rule. Their guns are top tier, and they are basically BS5 as standard because everyone plays Aspect Hosts.

>>51877094
leave 4chan
>>
>>51877066
>I'm buttblasted over someone disagreeing with me about warp spiders so I'll just call the guy a euroshit
>>
>>51877094
Top kek
>>
>>51877094
>Being this fucking retarded
You just blow in from DakkaDakka?
>>
>>51877112
>Oh I'm sorry dude, I must have missed the part where me calling this guy retarded became about the Nidfag discussion up above. Wait, it didn't? Alright.
>I am retarded and cannot into reply chains
So you just started a sperg-tier shitfest over some guy not explicitly mentioning Warp Spiders when he was listing a few OP Eldar units WITHOUT it even being relevant to the discussion? Jesus christ what is your damage?
>>
>>51877112
Oh, so you're just randomly jumping in to nitpick because he didn't list every OP unit in the book
>>
>>51877161
>he's too stupid to realize spiders are OP
>he's too stupid to realize there's at least 3-5 people telling him spiders are OP
>>
I'm conflicted. I have a list that I wrote a while ago but a clone got taken to LVO and now it's flavor of the month. Am I supposed to just not play it now?
>>
>>51877177
>3-5 people
>Looks like 2 at most
>Guy didn't even say spiders weren't OP, just didn't list them initially
>>
>>51877181
Stop posting this. Just let it go and use it. It will go away.
>>
>>51874992
Does a squad of 20 shoota boyz with 2 big shootas and a now with a powerklaw and bosspole cost

188 or 190?

"The entire mob may replace their sluggas with shootas…1 pt/model"

So that means that EVERYONE must buy a shoota even if they buy something else after it? So the big shoota dude first pays for the shoota THEN for the big shoota?
>>
>>51877177
Oh my god you stupid fucking autist my post didn't even have anything to do with whether or not spiders are OP, it's about the fact that you needed to interrupt a totally different conversation to attack someone for not mentioning spiders being OP when they weren't even fucking talking about that.

I feel bad for the person who must have had to be your tard-handler in high school.
>>
>>51877181
Fuck off.
>>
>>51877059
>>51877190
He literally said here >>51876960 that they aren't on the level of scatbikes and Wraithknights.

But they are.
>>
File: samefag.jpg (108KB, 510x1499px) Image search: [Google]
samefag.jpg
108KB, 510x1499px
>>51877203
>implying I'm him
Just accept that your argument is retarded and there are several people arguing against you right now.
>>
>>51877190
Yet it was so easy to get shit players to admit they aren't OP

>2 at most
Check the time stamps dingus, 3 minimum because one of them was me trolling
>>
Am I elitist if I don't let other people use the terrain I built?

My LGS' owner is nice enough to let me store it in his shop so I don't have to carry a couple boxes around all the time, but every time someone finds it and asks to use it ( and I don't know them well) I tell them no.

People started making jokes about it being the 1%/Patrician terrain. I've embraced the label, but I just wanted to make sure I'm not being unreasonable.
>>
>>51877215
Oh no, a man was wrong on the internet about a tangential point which wasn't even supposed to be the focus of the discussion! Better sperg the fuck out and tell him how wrong he is about that one little detail and then double down hard on it when everyone else calls you out for missing the point!
>>
>>51877203
>calls people spergs having sperg-feats
>instantly spergs out

Lol u mad
>>
>>51877247
No? It's your stuff you don't have any obligation to let people use it.
>>
>>51877229
>Carnac can post on a phone and PC at the same time
Wow impressive
>>
>>51877247
if the store owner lets you store it there i would let people use it.

maybe not the newest guy but everyone else.
>>
>>51877248
>the general is for one discussion only and nobody is allowed to join in but me
Fuck off, I'll post what I want when I want, and if I see a retard saying stupid shit I'll call him out on it as and when.
>>
>>51877247
I don't exactly blame you, but it is kind of a dick move to store it there and not let people use it. Personally if it were me I'd store terrain there that I wouldn't care about being damaged and let people use it if I was there to make sure it wouldn't be stolen.
>>
>>51877194
I'll wind up just going through with it because I love the theme of the army too much but what do you mean by it will go away? The FOTM?
>>51877206
why
>>
>>51877247

I don't think it's unreasonable. People break shit. I wouldn't let the guys at my shop play with my models even though I like them as people, cause shit happens and I wouldn't want it to lead to hard feelings. Nothing wrong with you being protective of your property.
>>
>>51877273
>literally defending being an autistic dickhole
Hahaha, alright, I'm done here. I think the other guy already left anyway.
>>
>>51877247
Do you ever use any of their terrain?

If not then you're fine.
>>
>>51877215
>>51877244
Alright. Cool. Nitpick brigade wins. You're right. He's wrong.

In conclusion, nothing wrong with giving Tyranids special rules to let them do their jobs, as long as you don't give them Warp Spiders specifically.

Glad we're done talking about fun things like tyranids.
>>
>>51877294
Don't let the door hit you on your way out.
>>
>>51877289
Because you keep posting the same shit over and over, either play it or don't.
>>
>>51877247

I would be mildly upset but I also would know where you come from. Hopefully I'd be able to convince you I'd be careful with it and I am good at handling fragile things, but at the end of the day it's private property and you have no obligation to share your toys. It's at the shop for your convenience, not everyone else's. Better safe than sorry since there's tons of hamhanders in this hobby somehow despite how delicate minis are.
>>
So on a scale of one to ten how worried should I be a out my sisters getting squatted when 8th comes around?
>>
>>51877333
Not at all.

Plastic sisters around the corner!
>>
>>51877333
They will not be squatted any more than any other army will be.
>>
>>51877247
I'd let paying customers use it as a favor to the owner.
>>
>>51877333
They did just release Imperial Agents so I doubt you'll be squatted. I don't think Sisters will ever get another full codex either though unfortunately - if they wanted to do it they'd have done it by now. Most likely you'll be stuck having to run supplement books like IA to use your sisters.
>>
>>51875169

Fuck, why can't that shit ever happen to me. I would have sucked somebody off for the Dwarf and Wood Elf ones.
>>
>>51877316
I feel like I have the option of killing Hitler or manipulating him akin to Palpatine/Darth Vader
>>
>>51877344

We keep saying that, but I'm not holding my breath.
>>
>>51877199
anyone?

plz help im dying here. my list is either 2002pts or 2000pts i dont want to bring 2 extra pts
>>
>>51877383

Yeah, that's true. As long as I can play with them I can't complain. It's a niche army anyway, I can undestand us not getting support.
>>
>>51877358
That sounds like a fair deal to me but then again I'm not him.
>>
>>51877388
He's shitposting.

The only legit rumors in years said February. There's only one Saturday of February left, so in short they'll either be announced this weekend after having been kept uncharacteristically close with no rumormongers catching wind of it somehow, or they won't be announced at all.
>>
>>51877248
Settle down sperg
>>
>>51877405
If he replaces his slugga with a big shoota, he can't replace it with a shoota. So it'd be 188.
>>
>>51877409
It just kinda sucks though. I understand why they don't do it but I feel like even the unpopular armies deserve a full codex and model range. Keeping them in the closet only makes them more unpopular. I wonder how many people are getting into 40k now and would like to play something like Sisters but then back away from it because they find out they got shoved into the corner of a supplement book and have decade-old models? Hell, I haven't seen a single LGS in my area even stock Sisters. They don't update them because they don't sell well, but they don't sell well because they don't get updated. It's a vicious cycle.
>>
>>51876641

That's aids they don't get legion rules. They're still good, but that's just dumb.
>>
Got a 500 point game with my CSM tomorrow. Would I be better off bringing my Melta bikes, or a squad of autocannon havocs?
>>
>>51877465
Celestine seems to be doing well , so there's at least a chance for them to come back. They went away in the first place because they weren't doing very well.
>>
>>51877519
autocannon havocs
>>
How good are deep striking Night Lords vs blobs?
>>
>>51877603
Probably pretty good with that turn 1 deepstrike formation. You could blind a lot with warp talons, burn them up with flamers, then rush in to try and lock them down and wipe them out.
>>
>>51876445

>tfw people complain about never getting doctrines but they (and so did I) just used the same 4-5 doctrines every game (close order drill, drop troops, veterans, iron discipline, and unlocking another unit you liked)
>>
>>51877247
why are you building terrain if you're not gonna use it? it's your shit anyway, if you were the store owner i'd be wondering what you let people use
>>
>>51877289
Yeah the hype will die down and people will move on.
>>
>>51877247

You could build and donate a few pieces to the store's own public stash.
>>
R8 my shit.

Just be honest, I can take it.
>>
>>51877733
shit
>>
Should I take two greatpacks in a wolf claw strike force just so I can have the furious charge and fear?
>>
how would one deal with fire warrior spam in kill team?
I've got csm, daemons, and R+H
>>
Long shot, but is PDFanon here? I want to know what converter he uses. So far my efforts have produced nothing but frozen progress bars.
>>
>>51877806
Tac squad should be enough to deal with them, you ignore their armor save with bolters, shoot better, and have better saves than they do.
>>
newbie here, how big to most people's armies get?
>>
>>51877806
csm: bike-spam. Get in and smash his face.
daemons: daemonette-spam.
R&H: pick cheapest lasgun toting scrub and spam till pointlimit.

Firewarriors can be annoying, as can be every other basic unit in the game that is cheap and able to pour out decent firepower but mostly they can countered via melee.

...Unless its R&H. R&H basically breaks the Kill Team.
>>
>>51877863
>Ignore armor save with bolters

They've got a 4+. That said, he could just grab heavy bolters or autocannons to mow them down handily
>>
File: 1398494064405.jpg (13KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1398494064405.jpg
13KB, 300x400px
>>51877863

>bolters ignore fire warrior armour
>>
>>51875082
>Wraithlord was my first large model
>Completely fucked up on paints and THICC
>Cousin accidentally knocked off the head
>Despite all this it has never died, in any game, ever.

One time I wanted to take it off the board as soon as possible out of shame and it ended up ploughing through a ravenwing squad and then charging the Missile devastators who failed to land a single wound on it for three turns.
>>
>>51877863

You'd need something just a little more potent than Bolters.

A regular Tau Fire Warrior is Sv 4+, it's the Pathfinders that are Sv 5+.

For that, you'd need special ammo, Heavy Bolters, or Skitarii Ranger spam that can shoot on-par with Fire Warriors but trade 1 strength for 1 better AP.
>>
>>51877690
It's Renegades and Daemons for summoning I don't think it'll fade to black until it gets nerfed or the game system gets nerfed.
>>
>>51877733
Plasma Culverins are generally considered totally inferior to heavy Grav cannons.

Icarus Array is probably unnecessary in an 850pt game. I would Neutron Laser.
>>
>>51877863
>Tac squad should be enough to deal with them, you ignore their armor save with bolters, shoot better, and have better saves than they do.
Firewarriors have 4+, bolters have ap5.
Boltgun shot has 22% chance to kill a firewarrior.
Pulse Rifle shot has 11%.

But since Pulse Rifles have better range and firewarriors are cheaper, Tac-spam could only win via coming into 8" range (krak grenades) or having some chapter tactic that really tips the scale on their favor.
>>
>>51877411
Yeah it looks like the "february" rumours were a mistranslation of the Celestine january release.

What a shame.
>>
>>51875136

Not turn one but i love the look on taufags faces when i tank shock their stormsurge with a rhino.
>>
>>51875204

4th ed was the golden age of 40k.
>>
File: 1456014348677.jpg (57KB, 303x438px) Image search: [Google]
1456014348677.jpg
57KB, 303x438px
>>51877995
>yfw the Stormsurge can still Death or Glory
>yfw S10 AP2
>>
>>51877915
Oh, didn't even notice that I had Plasma selected, crap. Yeah, obviously meant to be Grav, have exactly one player with a non-MEQ army.

Reasoning for he Icarus is that there were 3 people among 8 with Fliers last time so I'm not too comfortable having no Skyfire.
>>
>>51878007
The 4th ed BRB is nice. I'll give it that. It's got lots of extra stuff that I really appreciate, all the extra rules for narrative campaigns, all the extra gametypes, killteam right in the BRB, etc. There's a lot of variation in there, but the core rules themselves are all over the place and really pale in comparison to 5th.
>>
Hey, if any of you have a premium account, change your password. Cloudflare has a virus.

Also, any tips for building a Word Bearers army?
>>
>>51876754

Pig iron heads. they make some good stuff man.
>>
>>51877545
Didn't the plastic (or resin, can't remember which) canoness sell really well too? I think the army would do alright with a full plastic line, but as it stands it's 100$ for 1 unit of troops so most won't bother
>>
>>51878017

>YFW my rhino has done its job if its on the other side of the table
>YFW i dont give a shit about my cheep transport tank
>YFW i tank shock and you fail to stop it and your stormsurge gets ran over.
>>
>>51878045

5th ed ruined how terrain and LOS worked though. in 4th you had to take into account LOS blocking terrain but from 5th and on its a mostly open killing field.

Going from 4th to 5th is like going from chess to checkers. then going to the current clusterfuck that is 40k is like going to checkers but you can buy chess queens then throw a basball bat at the others guys soccer ball.
>>
File: Imperial Agents - 1500pts.jpg (265KB, 900x1043px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Agents - 1500pts.jpg
265KB, 900x1043px
Bored and made a list with the shit I had lying around. I need to get another pair of Immolators, but my LGS fucked me when they went on sale, and now they're """""temporarily""""" out of stock along with Veridyan.
>>
>>51878064
It all comes down to whether GW want to sink that kind of cost into sisters instead of something else.
>>
File: I bet da fucking 'umies did dis.png (404KB, 383x524px) Image search: [Google]
I bet da fucking 'umies did dis.png
404KB, 383x524px
Just checked the Tau part of the web builder thing (wanted to see what I could do for a Tau allied detachment) and out of curiosity I checked the Stormsurge's stats (I've never seen one in person). What the hell GW. I always thought it was a walker but then I saw it was a gargantuan creature and was extremely confused by it. Basically I thought I remembered reading somewhere that it was finally where Tau suits started becoming walkers, but I was wrong. How the hell is that thing a suit! It's basically a Tau dreadnought except the pilot can function without life support! It even has a second person IN THE SAME SUIT?!
>>
The question of day from me is "Supremacy Suits" are they any good? I mean I am using one with Rail cannons and rockets.
>>
File: Chimerox.jpg (49KB, 640x446px) Image search: [Google]
Chimerox.jpg
49KB, 640x446px
>>51878117
>in 4th you had to take into account LOS blocking terrain but from 5th and on its a mostly open killing field
I really didn't notice this becoming evident until 6th ed. I was paying MeltaVets in Chimeras through most of 5th though.
>>
>>51878138
Look at the Wraithknight next.
>>
>>51878154
Then check out the Tau Supremacy Armor.
>>
>>51878154
IT'S NOT A FUCKING WALKER EITHER?!
>>
>>51878181
are you new?
This has been a meme since day fucking one.
>>
>>51878138
>stormsurge
>a walker
this is what tg wants it to be, it seems you fallen for another tg meme.
The reason it's not a walker is because every other battlesuit has been infantry/MC because if it was a walker the drones would create a unit with toughness and AV which would be aids.
But in all honesty, it should be a walker since it has no drones, though knowing gw they'll give it some sort of op drones to go along with it at some point.
>>51878145
nice bait
they're op
>>
>tfw you like Basilisk Models so fucking much but compared to Wyverns they are memes.

Why does GW torment me so?
>>
>>51878181
>gathering storm IV
>orks vs Tyranids
>ghazzy gets an update
>10 meters tall
>SD ap1 everythingbane melee weapon
>av10 all around walker with 2HP
Calling it
>>
>>51878199
Yes I am new. Starting building.... in December? and started playing in mid January. Playing Orks.
>>
>>51878234
started*
>>
>>51878234
>Playing Orks
rip, we lost a good man this day.
>>
>>51878226
Use that one formation that lets you take Wyverns and give the basis ignore cover.
>>
>>51878234
you're new, so I think this is fair warning, but in playing Orks, prepare to lose. a lot. Almost always. Forever.

T.yranid veteran
>>
>>51878234
RIP
>>
>>51878256
I know, Im talking models. Basilisks look so much better but are too weak in comparison.
>>
>>51878181
Oh it gets worse.

Pic related is Titan-sized and the killiest Titan unit in the game while being one of the cheapest by a landslide.
>>
>>51878250
>playing orks
why would you do this to yourself?
Also stormsurges and wraithknights are the least of your worries, you're going to get fucked by anything/everything that sneezes your way.
>>
>>51878125
Eh, I understand why they don't but it's still a bit depressing. I kind of want to start a hereticus army so I can use the exorcist (radical model) but the price is just too much
>>
>>51878279
are the FW eldar titan/wraithknights op/good?
>>
File: warlord titan.png (3MB, 1544x1512px) Image search: [Google]
warlord titan.png
3MB, 1544x1512px
>>51878279
>the killiest Titan unit in the game
[muffled binharic laughter in the distance]
>>
File: Untitled.png (275KB, 752x484px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
275KB, 752x484px
>>51878279
Jesus I forgot how ugly that thing is
>>
>>51878146

The main issue is that in 4th you had terrain that was proper for gaming and a good rule set to back it up.

In 5th and on a proper forest template should be covered with trees and bushes making in very impractical for moving minis around in.

And when you get into the competitive setting you get dickwads that shoot through a glue gap on the building they are in, the window of the next building, under the barrel on your tank, just under the brim of that guys hat and then through another cracked glue job of the building your tank is behind because their laser pointer can hit it.
>>
>>51878226
Are you me? I am the same way. Basilisks become good in the emperors wrath formation but the whole formation costs too many points, I just want to spend 250 on 2 basilisks
>>
>>51878279
didn't the guy who made these do it by essentially embezzling recourses for his insane pet project and only barely got approval for it being handy against nid bio titans?
>>
>>51877995
I'm sorry to say this but if you SOMEHOW manage to tankshock anchored Stormsurge then your opponent was a retard and it makes you a dick for picking on mentally lesser developed people.
>>
>>51878335
>In 5th and on a proper forest template should be covered with trees and bushes making in very impractical for moving minis around in.
5th still had area terrain though. People were using plain felt templates up until 6th and 7th removed it.
>>
>>51878344
The only tax is the Tech-Priest. You were going to take Wyverns anyway, and a Manticore is pretty fucking decent especially when it ignores cover. The CCS in the Chimera can be made into a Basilisk too with a MoO joined.
>>
File: 1487886430262.png (663KB, 540x724px) Image search: [Google]
1487886430262.png
663KB, 540x724px
>>51878314
Well Tau'nar is the most bullshit titan for its points at least. It should be something like 800-900pts, not 600pts. Its not Warhound level titan, its something between Warhound and Reaver.

Also [muffled psyker screaming inside armored hull]
>>
>>51878350
no, that was the xv107
>>
>>51878214
>nice bait
>they're op
Wait shit.. Read the stats line just now. HOLY. That point cost is WAY worth it.
>>
>>51878390
It's over 300 extra points that I wouldn't have taken.
>>
File: 1487887953767.png (596KB, 548x754px) Image search: [Google]
1487887953767.png
596KB, 548x754px
>>51878399
[Muffled screaming intensifies and multiplies]
>>
so in a game of killteam, as long as i was inside 200 points, i could have a squad of tankbustaz in a trukk and ALSO a skorcha, right? nothing excludes two vehicles?
>>
>>51878233
>I2
>>
>>51878407
>WAY worth it
Unless your opponent is running 2-3 wraithknights /other titan level units, no one will play you outside of apocalypse and people will walk out of normal games if you run this.
Simply put, it is op to the point of broken, this unit alone makes tau eldar tier if run. Without it, tau are tier 1.5 below eldar and around daemons in competitive, they rise to tier 1 in casual due to having lots of power units. But they become tier 1 in competitive when the supremacy suit is allowed, since ITC bans them and other titan level units.
>>51878430
the only restriction is that you must have 4 non vehicle units otherwise you're fine. And of course no flyers, no combined armour over 33AV
>>
>>51878405
>>51878350
All the Forge World suits are made by the same Fio'O. And yes, he did it by ignoring the Ethereals and diverting taubucks earmarked for other projects.
>>
>>51878518
but the nid bio titan one was the xv107 was it not?
Also isn't Fio'O from the Kel'shan sept?
>>
Unpopular opinion: Orks are actually OP.
For being the cockroaches of the galaxy, who are only ever a threat when they vastly outnumber their foes, their rules on the tabletop are more than they deserve.
>>
>>51878545
>he actually believes what is written in the Primer
>he also knows nothing of game balance just like GW
>>
>>51878399
Wait, am I blind or where does the Psi part of this Psi titan kick in?
>>
>>51878545
popular opinion: Orks are actually beautiful.
>>
>>51878579
THICC PAINTS
>>
>>51878579
>orks
>posts a pic of Fabius Bile
>>
>>51878046
Summon daemons, use daemon allies, use warp talons + daemon wargear so they don't scatter, maybe try 20 possessed in a kharybdis
>>
>>51878407
>yfw Taufags said it was overpriced garbage when it came out
>>
Anyway to run a psychic summons Genecult list without being a waacfag? I love psychic summons, but spamming Maguses is pretty cheesy.
>>
File: 1487888068588.png (648KB, 548x746px) Image search: [Google]
1487888068588.png
648KB, 548x746px
>>51878424
[TORTURED SCREAMING EXPLODES THROUGH THE BATTLEFIELD, ANNIHILATING EVERYTHING ON ITS PATH]
>>
>>51878545
This is either bait, or you've never heard of The Beast
>>
>>51878541
107 is the ArtiTide, I think. ArtiTide killed a Bio Titan. Kel'shan is the Forge World sept, yes.
>>
>>51878573
Now >>51878667
>>
Making a list for IG. What's the best all around way to kit out a 50 man blob including attached units? I intend to use it as a defence force behind an Aegis.
>>
>>51878682
>only ever a threat when they vastly outnumber their foes
>>
File: 264.jpg (205KB, 914x958px) Image search: [Google]
264.jpg
205KB, 914x958px
>>51878579
>>
>>51878630
That was the Stormsurge. The Ta'unar came out first, wowed Tau players so much that they considered the Stormsurge shit in comparison.
>>
>>51878710
When one got tits and could easily bear my young
>>
File: I20B5Uf.jpg (114KB, 850x950px) Image search: [Google]
I20B5Uf.jpg
114KB, 850x950px
>>51878710
Why not both?
>>
>>51876508
>>51876508
>>51876508
>>
>>51878699
5 lascannons with a commissar and Primaris Psyker using divination.

Flamers are also good because of wall of death when charged.
>>
>>51878310
damn good

>>51878314
>2750 points

woah, though i bet this doesn't get seen out of apoc or 3/4k. fuck even then i don't think my daemons could handle it
>>
Looking for feedback on my fix of GW's Thousand Sons rules. Goal is to be fairly minimalist.
>>
File: 1487455886226.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
1487455886226.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51879003
I'm a tard.
>>
>>51876412
Miranda irene has a website.
>>
File: Tyranids-2nd-ed-army-3.jpg (387KB, 1498x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Tyranids-2nd-ed-army-3.jpg
387KB, 1498x1002px
>>51876254
Good taste anon

They were never named and only appeared here, fighting against Valhallans at Tendathor
>>
>>51881132
If Nids become at least half decent in the next edition I'll pull the trigger and start collecting.
Otherwise I'll just probably start building a Norse blood bowl team with a negro captain. I've been browsing too much /tg/ and got my interest back again

>Is there a way I can get cheaper product if I happen to live in Nottingham?
>>
>>51875082
I played my first game with my new fully painted tau army and lost my favorite model, my missileside on turn one. I was exactly that sad, didn't even get to use him. I also realized after the fact the wound (ID from a lascannon) should have gone to his drones.

I was sad.
>>
>>51875350
You're just saying you don't understand them well enough to see why Tyranids are screwed. >>51875496 covers it pretty well: the army lacks decent AP shooting, ranged shooting, survivability, fair costs, & relevant upgrades.

Pinning doesn't matter when so many armies have Fearless. It doubly shouldn't matter because Crud is a turbonigger who stole their options to take Flesh Hooks in an autistic fit of fluff-rape.

Compare anything in the book & it's special rules to anything else in another codex with similar battlefield purpose. You'll find Tyranids pay more for less-effective units overall, which stings even more since they don't even have access to invulnerable saves, 2+ saves, or the upgrades to make up for the tremendous nerfs that faggot Crud applied.

Not only are those units less effective & overcosted; their rules are so detrimental that even if they get to perform their role, it's a total crapshoot whether it will make any difference at all.

Tyranids are crippled so badly by garbage rules with drawbacks & detriments that even in ideal conditions & things going JUST AS PLANNED™, they do not consistently win.

Elves get D on Infantry & unique single-model special rules that match their role & enhance their performance in a fluffy way; Tyranids don't even get D on *1000-point Apocalypse units,* harmful special rules that shit on lore to make their units perform worse, & pay through the nose just for the privilege of existing.
Thread posts: 376
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.