[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you suppose a halfling would react being mistaken for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: half.jpg (42KB, 516x622px) Image search: [Google]
half.jpg
42KB, 516x622px
How do you suppose a halfling would react being mistaken for a gnome, and vice versa?
Would it significantly differ from world to world?
>>
>>51872219
My setting doesn't have gnomes, because I don't understand why they're still a race.
>>
File: 16.jpg (34KB, 379x500px) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
34KB, 379x500px
The handbook of dnd 5e sais that Halflings aren't bothered by insults. It also sais that halflings often think of jokes to be more... entertaining than insulting. This means that Halflings shoudn't mind that much.

Gnomes on the other hand i don't know. They are described as joyfull and somewhat childish, making me think that they won't make a big issue out of it either.
>>
>>51872219
They'd both insist that they're obviously far too tall to be a gnome/halfling.
>>
File: Remove Gnome.jpg (24KB, 300x323px) Image search: [Google]
Remove Gnome.jpg
24KB, 300x323px
>Gnomes
REMOVE GNOME
>>
>>51872219
This would not be a problem if kobolds replaced one of them.
>>
File: 1468506999249.jpg (139KB, 855x687px) Image search: [Google]
1468506999249.jpg
139KB, 855x687px
>>51873906
Try it you scaly, no-gag-reflex fuck
>>
>>51872219
I basically fold all "short races" into dwarf, just like there's a fuckton of elves.

Why? Because I don't give a fuck. A halfling is just a dwarf that lives above ground. A gnome is a dwarf that probably shouldn't be in the game anymore.
>>
>>51872262
Dammit Dave, get off tg
>>
>>51872292
Both get pissed when you mistake them for kender, however
>>
>>51872219
How does an East Indian react when mistaken for an African?
More importantly, does it matter?
>>
>>51872219
The same way Scots would react to being called English: they're English in the eyes of everyone on the planet except their own. Just like the Scots argue they're unique because crossdressing is acceptable in their culture, halflings pretend they're unique because they have hairy, stinky feet.
>>
>>51879914
I like the Scots english method too. If you call Scots English they get super butthurt, if you call the English Scots you get a funny look. I'd imagine halflings/gnomes would do the same, gnomes getting super salty about it whilst halflings just wonder how you could make such a stupid mistake.
>>
>>51874640

Wouldn't anybody?
>>
What if gnomes are what you get from a coupling of dwarf and halfing?
>>
>>51872219
>>
>>51872262
My setting doesn't have halflings, because they don't have a niche of any value.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.