[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Modern General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 34

File: Image (4).jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (4).jpg
33KB, 223x310px
Life from the Loam edition

>playing?
>brewing?
>hating?
>does jund death's shadow have longevity in the format?

>biggest disappointment mythic you think will be in mm2017 (comet storm etc)
>>
man, I've been trying to do noncreature loam for a while. It feels like it has so many good tools

>zombie infestation
>ravens crime
>flame jab has a lot of targets
>pharaoh
>collective brutality

etc, but it just doesn't feel fast enough. ghost quarter loam is only sometimes good because you spend multiple turns wasting your valuable land drops (likely early game when they matter) keeping your opponent mostly on tempo.

Tec edge is just too slow because you're still getting karned on 3 or TKS on 2.

It's so close to being a really good deck but it's just missing something and I think it's wasteland

cycling lands would be nice though too
>>
>>51870537
>>playing?
Jund
>>brewing?
Death's Shadow. I only need Traverse now
>>hating?
The Tron fad that's been going on locally
>>does jund death's shadow have longevity in the format?
I've been play testing with the Traverses proxied, and I have no clue how you're supposed to win consistently
>>biggest disappointment mythic you think will be in mm2017 (comet storm etc)
Probably some shitty walker like Tibalt
>>
Is Esper a bad meme in modern?

I just want to play my favorite color combo
>>
I was playing Pox at my store's legacy night when someone said the deck does well in Modern, but I don't see any Pox build listed in the metagame on mtggoldfish. Is there actually a deck there I could modify my Legacy list into, or did the guy just not know what he was talking about?
>>
>>51871085
>did the guy just not know what he was talking about?
Bingo
>>
>>51871085
He's talking about 8-rack in Modern. That's the pox deck.
>>
>>51871113

Ah, I see it runs smallpox and Lilianas. I guess that's what he was probably thinking about.
>>
>>51870710
Ready to stock up on domri rades ;)
>>
>>51871189
I mean obviously it can't play pox. Same concept.
>>
>>51871194
I really wish there was a deck for domri. He's not entirely terrible
>>
>>51871213
Legacy Pox doesn't even fucking play more than a copy Pox
>>
>playing
Grixis delver, the deck is fun as heck but all the eldrazi decks are rough matchups

>brewing
Mono blue delver, all I want in life is to ninja back a spellstutter sprite

> death's shadow
I haven't watched the gp coverage yet but death's shadow is a powerful card, and having real threats to back it up instead of steppe lynxes seems strong

> trash mythic
Nicol bolas, planeswalker
>>
>>51871213
I've already seen people at my locals defending Domri having a mythic slot
>>
>>51871215
Sometimes zoo plays like 1. I think it was more common when zoo was good cause he seems good in the mirror
>>
>>51871213

Right, the biggest issue I'm seeing is that you don't have a recurrable 2/2 from the graveyard for free in Modern which is sort of the lifeblood of the deck in Legacy. Multiple racks feel like they clog up the deck's design space, and force you to go more into discard and less into board control. I can see the similarities, I'm just not entirely sure how well the deck would perform. I could be totally wrong though, is 8-Rack a viable, solid list? Or is it undergoing brewing at the moment?

This is what I'm looking at:
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/modern-8-rack-32928#paper
>>
>>51870537
>playing?
Jund
>brewing?
snek deks
>hating?
combo
Probably. Definitely at GPT/FNM level.

Domri Rade
>>
>>51871239
>preordain
is this legacy or troll?
>1 flooded strand
why? I'd rather just include the 4th hallowed fountain at this point
>>
>>51871290

8 rack has been a well established list for a long time that preys on certain deck types.

It can actually be powerful if the meta is right for it. Now is not that meta.

Decks that dump their hand wide might get its racks live faster but by then the clock is too fast to survive.

8rack relies on the opponent topdecking something not good enough every turn. It has a good matchup vs combo aggro like infect because of proactive discard like IoK but it loses to zoo because of so much redundancy.

Basically the idea is get them hellbent and watch their topdecks not get them as much reach as you get with 5-6 damage per turn. Solid strategy but Affinity doesn't care about it because it kills you with those cards you were going to make them discard before you had the chance.
>>
>>51871290
What's the recurrable 2/2?
Got a list?
I don't play legacy, sorry.
>>
>>51871239
Yo, I have made some changes to my board. 2 Fulminator Mage, 2 Ceremonious Rejection. Fulminator, obviously, comes in against a ton o decks including Eldrazi. Ceremonious Rejection people harp on for being to narrow, but considering Tron and Eldrazi are the deck's two worst matchup, and consideribg how good it is against those decks, it feels worth. I was skeptical until the first time I countered a tirn 2 TKS for 1 mana.
>>
>Tarns finally arrived in the mail

Oh, it feels good.
>>
>>51871620
How much did you buy them for? Are they foil? Expeditions?
from the chinaman?
>>
>>51871632
I'm a college student, so foil and expedition are not in my budget. I spent a paycheck getting a playset, lightly played, for 68 a pop. I'm still against the chinamen, but we will see how that changes when I get around to finishing off my Legacy deck.
>>
>playing?
Copy Cat Jeskai in modern, and some eternal command. I'm in a tempo mood.
>brewing?
Thinking of making a build the hardened scales/snek affinity builds people have been brewing with
>hating?
Tron, no matter what I'm playing. EldraziTron dropping chalice leaving me with no way to deal with their threats most recently.
Having Cavern of Souls at mythic. Domri being on the box is disappointing already.
>>
>>51870712
It's an OK meme

Draw-go has put up some results with Fatal Push
>>
>>51870712
If your meta is full of midrange decks then esper is great because they literally cannot beat Elspeth. It got better vs aggro with push but it's not spectacular
>>
>>51871781
>>51871810
would you say land-go is the best variant?
>>
>>51871546

Not a problem. I don't have my list on me right now, but the creature I'm talking about is Nether Spirit.
>>
>>51871290
8rack is my main modern deck right now. The deck doesn't perform well without the bridges on the mainboard, but then you have a good matchup on basically all creature decks except affinity. I've had good results against control as well.

That list you're looking at is missing funeral charm, which has proven to be the mvp of my deck.

Essentially, it's as viable as any deck that just folds to combo can be.
>>
>>51872370
lol how does 8rack fold to combo?
>>
>>51872082
Do you play just one Nether Spirit?

Is pox UB? How do you get to the one Nether Spirit?

What's pox's win con? Is it the rack?
>>
>be me
>play jund
>win die roll
>T1 inquisition
>it's some kind of storm, he has grapeshot in hand, take mox opal
>he plays urborg and passes
>T2 thoughtseize, take grapeshot, raging ravine pass
>play scooze
>wait until GG mana up, eat grapeshot
>GG mana was GG
C O C K A T R I C E
>>
How is Mono U Tron? I'm sick of Gx Tron
>>
>>51873231
bad/10
play eldraziTron or different deck altogether
>>
>>51870712
the narset version is your best bet
>>
>>51871239
how are you holding up fellow grixis delver bro. I feel like our deck won't be tier 2 much longer. Really disappointed with the recent GP results
>>
>>51872831

It's win condition is a single Nether Spirit, or Mishra's Factories. Some run an additional win conditions of Cursed Scroll, Bitterblossom, or some artifact that turns into a creature like Chimeric Idol or Haunted Plate Mail, as those will dodge the various Smallpox, Pox, Toxic Deluge, and Innocent Bloods you run to keep the board clear.
>>
>>51871242
Do you know what you do anon? You shame the fuck out of them. You tell them that they're willingly being blind to the anti-consumer bullshit Wizards shoves down our throats every time they print Masters product and ignores every single person wanting to play this game but doesn't because they're not fucking stupid enough to pay a thousand dollars for a deck. You fucking take them to task for defending year after year of new policies that only fuck over stores who struggle to host events as is with all the useless politicking players bitch about concerning prices.

And if they don't change their mind and the rest of the store villianizes you you fucking LEAVE and never come back because you've done your job, you tried to treat the cancer but it's beyond your ability. The community is beyond redemption and doesn't deserve you. Support your store but don't give another goddamn dime to Wizards.
>>
File: You're a blue player now.jpg (141KB, 991x491px) Image search: [Google]
You're a blue player now.jpg
141KB, 991x491px
When people say fun is a zero sum game, this is what they mean
>>
>>51871242
There is no reason a Modern Master mythic should be worth LESS than the pack price.

When you pull a mythic you should feel like you've won the lottery, not like you just wasted $10.
>>
>>51871242
I needed a reprint of him for my EDH deck, so personally I'm glad they use modern masters for more than just modern. You guys should feel good about your product helping other formats
>>
>>51873790

bait
>>
>>51873790
He's not even expensive. Fuck off
>>
File: Narnam Renegade_AER.jpg (56KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Narnam Renegade_AER.jpg
56KB, 312x445px
Anyone tested this anywhere yet? Seems pretty good and I might replace Nacatls in Burn. Or brew up some RUG/BUG "Threshold Lite" kind of tempo deck.
>>
>>51873790
That is some pathetic bait and trolling Jesus Christ. I do hope you're getting paid to type that because it's just terrible how you can be like that.
>>
File: Capture.png (3MB, 1694x1141px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
3MB, 1694x1141px
I am currently working on a for fun budget spirit modern deck. I haven't played magic in a long time and would like to hear any ideas you guys might have.

In the mainboard are things I know I want in there numbers are not set. Side are just some ideas. I kind of like the idea of using the Kirin to be a controlled engineered explosive threat constantly and being able to use selfless spirit to control it's impact on me.
>>
>>51873684
>you're a blue player now
Kek
Are those main deck?

>>51873897
Death touch is a trap. It's never as good as you think. Also gnarled would just be better
>>
>>51873913
Throw in 2 mana Anafenza and a few Ojutai's command
>>
>>51873922
I don't really care about deathtouch. I see it as a 2/3 for G that makes me take less life than Nacatl.

I think I'll play around with it. Not like it's going to hurt me.
>>
>>51873922
Yeah. It's a copy cat deck, you can flicker the seas with cat to draw an extra card. I've also tried wall of omens (this actually blocks very few things more than once in modern) and augury owl (makes comboing super consistent, but it's a 2 mana 1/1).
Here I am about to snap for my 3rd remand when my opponent tries to use his only white mana.
>>
>>51873966
How are you losing less life? It still needs a fetch. Are you just getting a forest? Just seems bad my dude
>>
>>51874016
I really like the jeskai saheeli lists I've been seeing, personally I'm against maindeck Spreading Seas but in this meta it isnt half bad at all and better positioned than Wall. I want to see some other flickerbased tech, I know in Standard that Oath of Chandra was fairly spicy.

Wall can also be Saheeli minused in a pinch too which could be relevant, but powerful ETB enchantments + kitty is always a slamdunk.
>>
>>51874136
Nacatl requires 4- 6 life in Burn (Either Grounds+Foundry, Fetch+any shock in hand, 2 fetches) to be a 3/3. And in games where I don't see a W spell at all, it's pretty bad. Narnam only needs a fetch, which means a loss of 3 life (unless I have another source of G, then it's one or none depending on what happened that turn).

They both die to bolt, they're both aggressive early creatures, the only real differences between the two is Narnam has 1 less power (which doesn't make or break games) and requires less life loss.

I'm not saying either of them are super good (they're both pretty bad topdecks), but in my opinion, they're pretty comparable.
>>
>>51874284

>3 power over 2 doesn't make or break games

burn would be awful if it had shock and not bolt. consider that for a second. 2 damage vs 3 compounded over several hits does indeed make or break games.
>>
>>51874284

>I'm not saying either of them are super good

nacatl was banned
>>
>>51874819
2 power versus 3 power on a creature makes little difference in burn. Hell, burn was fine before Nacatl unban.

>>51874832
And yet, now that its not, only one deck uses it. And even those players have started moving away from Nacatl.
>>
>>51874903
Decks are moving away from nacatl, so you think a worse nacatl is the answer?
>>
>>51873913
I'd maindeck 3 Saint Trafts
Kira, Great Glass-Spinner
Kami of the Cresent Moon goes well with Rattlechains/Vial
Aether Vial gets the additional bonus of letting you board a creature without triggering Kirin
>for fun
Godhead of Awe for Drogskol/Anafenza synergy
>>
File: 1477354035572.png (683KB, 483x816px) Image search: [Google]
1477354035572.png
683KB, 483x816px
>>51875464
No, all I said is I'm going to play around with it. I'm going to try it out and see what happens. It will probably end up being cut, but it might turn out okay. I won't know unless I try it out.

Geeze, it's like you fucks are so focused on existing deck lists that you forget that we can try out new or different things just to see what happens.
>>
>>51875539
It has nothing to do with not trying things. It's just you're so off the mark on what burn wants and what makes a card good or bad
>>
Now that Probe is banned, are there any tempo decks in Modern that aren't memes?
>>
File: 1402764800307.png (7KB, 366x347px) Image search: [Google]
1402764800307.png
7KB, 366x347px
>mfw I paid $15 for what is likely a fake creeping tar pit

god damn ti
>>
>>51875527
Interesting I didn't think of the potential vial shenanigans. Thanks.
>>
>>51874903
What the fuck am I reading. 2 power creature with no haste would be complete garbage in burn.
>>
Should I sell my modern staples and convert it to legacy dual lands? Keeping my fetches of course.
>>
>>51875601
death and taxes?
>>
>>51875735
Yeah, but Nacatl is somehow so much better?

>>51875743
Yes. Get out and never look back. You'll feel so much better.
>>
>>51875527
Would you think of it wise of me to play visions with mana leaks? Or just one or the other, or neither?
>>
>>51875776
50% better to be exact
>>
>>51875601
RUG delver but you'll probably say it's a meme
>>
>>51875780
I would probably run Leaks if I felt like the Quellers/Wanderers weren't cutting it.
Visions never hurts, but it's not like your deck has a big need to cantrip. Would probably run a playset if you're not going the Vial route, if only to fill out your 1drops.
>>
>>51875743
Do people play legacy in your area? That could be a big determining factor. I personally would rather have a modern deck to play with people than a legacy deck to masturbate over
>>
>>51875805
Is there any reasonable reason to play green other than tarmogoyf and maybe mandrils in rug delver?
>>
>>51875776
>Yeah, but Nacatl is somehow so much better?
Yes? Playing 2 power creature without haste would be like playing monastery swiftspear and hitting wihtout prowess for 2 turns. Goblin guide gives 4 damage on 2 turns with 1 mana invested, and so should do monastery swiftspear in ideal sequence. Nacatl gives 3 damage on 2 turn for 1 mana investment, given it will ever get to hit, which is harder than with haste creature.

So like this guy said >>51875800
>50% better to be exact

I don't really like nacatl either, but I see it being okay in some metas. It would force me to play less white mana sources, which would end up playing less lightning helix in red heavy meta which I'm in. Not to mention it would hurt the sideboard plan with kor firewalkers, path to exile, deflecting palm and what not.
>>
>>51876131
Simic Charm :^)
>>
>>51876131
Traverse the ulvenwald coupled with huge goyfs and mandrils keeps the threat count high and early game it can be used to get land. It also opens up a few of the sb options too which is nice.
>>
>>51876131
Simic charm
Traverse the ulvenwald
Ancient grudge and friends
Huntmaster of the Fells
RUG can play mother fucking blood moon

You act like tarmogoyf and a 4/4 trampler isn't a good reason.
>>
>>51876131
>is there any reason to play green for [super efficient threats] in [tempo deck]
>>
>>51876184
Is it that much better than Legendary tarmogoyf and 5/5 except without any good spells?
>>
>>51875601
bant spirits
>>
>>51876213
Well you don't have to play shit cantrips and you can have 4x goyf because he doesn't require a full graveyard
>>
>>51876266
I mean thought scour really isn't that bad in a deck that runs snapcaster k command and delve cards, it's just a cycle. I take it you don't understand the meaning of synergy.
>>
>>51876213
Tasigur is not tarmogoyf. Trample is possibly the best keyword next to flying
>muh terminate
>>
>>51876291
You're the one who doesn't get it. Tasigur is not a goyf and rug plays thought scour as well
>>
>>51876299
You're right, tasigur eats tarmogoyfs most of the time after you delve away your shit and he grinds, he also doesn't die to popping a relic of progenitus.
>>
>>51876320
I honestly wouldn't know what rug plays cause I've never seen it on mtgtop8 or really anywhere desu. Probably cause it's shit.
>>
>>51876343
>>51876361
Are all grixis players salty grumpy players?
>>
>>51876361
said the grixis delver player
>>
>>51876378
>>51876395
>Two autistic similar posts conveniently a minute apart
Making me think
>>
>>51876361
Wouldn't be so high and mighty. How's grixis bugman doing lmao
>>
>>51871239
JESUS THATS A FAGGOT DECK
>>
>>51876409
I can make em 40s apart though
>>
>>51876361
Not like grixis delver is doing any better given it probably has 100 times more players playing it in tournaments. I honestly think delver is pretty bad card in modern.
>>
>>51876413
Existant, unlike Rug
>>
>>51876466
Oh it absolutely is. That's why grixis control is just straight up better when literally the whole difference is just trade 4 delvers for 4 ancestral and call it a deal.
>>
>>51876470
Why you so butthurt? Some people like rug.
You can't come here saying shit like tasigur is better than goyf and then get all pissy
>>
>>51876470
At what, your LGS? Esper was the only delver to top 32 either Vancouver or Brisbane
>>
>>51876492
No, the claim was that Goyf is not better than Tasigur and all the decent spells black has in a fucking delver deck.
>>
MM17 spoilers when
>>
>>51873379
Completely different anon, but I've been fearing that as well. This meta is somehow worse for our deck. I mean, eldrazi tron a shit but still.
>>
>>51873231
I went 2-2 last week with U tron. It's fun as fuck landing a wurmcoil and batterskull or taking -20 life with platinum angel out. At the same time, you will get rail roaded in certain match ups. My losses were to a genesis wave deck and coco elves that both out raced me.
>>
>>51870712
So long as Tron lives, control and non-Jund midrange won't.
>>
>>51870537
>>biggest disappointment mythic you think will be in mm2017 (comet storm etc)
I have $2k in store credit and if Stoic Angel isn't the least valuable mythic I'm spending it all on board games instead.
>>
>>51871290
I actually do much better with PoxRack than with normal Pox in Legacy. There's too many StPs for Nether Spirit to do anything, but Miracles, Show and Storm players don't even try to beat me anymore.
>>
>>51878750
Why not just buy OG Modern Masters, if they got it?
>>
>>51877970
Preview article on the 27th, official spoilers that Friday I think.
>>
>>51873500
get a job
>>
>>51873684
please tell me this deck runs arbiter, quarter, and stone rain.
>>
File: 1478300580217.jpg (102KB, 430x627px) Image search: [Google]
1478300580217.jpg
102KB, 430x627px
>>51873790
I know you're joking, and I'm not the anon you're replying to, but I've seen at least 3 people say this unironically.
>>
>>51878733
abzan is doing ok
>>
>>51870710
>Probably some shitty walker like Tibalt
That would be some stellar troll by WOTC. Wow.
>>
#FreeTwin
>>
>>51878880
Cause they don't and I already have goyfs and chalices.
I want Cavern and Liliana to sink a little bit in price, cool new art and cards that are Modern legal but don't have modern borders like Lord of Atlantis, Darkness and Funeral Charm. I can live with Stoic Angel and Domri, but if this is another MM2 I'd rather distance myself from Magic a while than live through another season of deserted LGS Modern nights because they once again didn't reprint the cards people needed to play at a decent quantity.
>>
http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=14765&d=288904&f=MO
What's the verdict folks? UB tempo/control is my jam and I'm excited to see this.
>>
>>51879455
Good luck man, here's to hoping Wizards will give us a pleasant surprise.
>>
>>51870537
>playing?
G/B Tron. Just bought into the deck a month ago and it's been a lot of fun. I've really been enjoying the 1-of Emrakul, the Promised End I threw in there last week; Turns out a mindslaver on cast backed up by a 13/13 flying trampler is pretty solid.
>brewing?
Considering putting together Boros burn, I have pretty much everything but the Arid Mesa's.
>hating?
I wouldn't really say hating, but I'm not a fan of all the BTL scapeshift in my meta. I had a game the other week were my threats got countered 3 turns in a row and then he just went off. Shouldn't be as much of a problem now that I've tuned the sideboard though.
The deck seems really solid. It's got all the traditional Jund goodstuff but with a faster clock. I don't see it going away anytime soon.
I don't think they can outdo the shit that is that stupid bant angel at mythic, but I will be miffed if Goblin Guide or a merfolk lord or something like that gets upshifted to mythic.
>>
>>51879493
Good to see Faeries are still being played, they don't get enough love IMO.
>>
>>51879356
Someday... someday, my brother.
>>
>>51879596
I'm not familiar with the current Tron builds, but have you tried Defense Grid?
>>
>>51879744
I haven't. My only defense against counters at the moment are 6 hand attack spells. For the BTL scapeshift matchup in general I also have a Sundering Titan, 2 warping wails (for Scapeshift and Crumble to Dust) and a pair of Surgical Extraction.

Defense Grid seems reasonably good. I know I have 1 lying around somewhere, I'll try it out in the sideboard tomorrow.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170220-023506.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170220-023506.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
Anti Lantern tech. Just need to kill Pyxis of Pandemonium
>>
>>51880565
The lantern player won't deck out as long as he has an Academy Ruins

You'll just tie because the game will be unwinnable
>>
>>51879888
I've only been playing my jank thoptersword deck recently but every time I've brought in Grid vs some draw go matchup and stuck it it's straight up won my the game.
>>
>>51880565
>Just need to kill Pyxis of Pandemonium
good luck
>>
>>51880690
Lantern can Academy Ruins+Codex Shredder loop Collective Brutality to drain 2 per turn.
>>
>>51880690
Which can be considered a win against that abomination of a deck.
>>
>>51879888
Best use of Wail imo is to hit the early ramp spells and rush Karn and World Breaker before they have Cryptic mana. Pithing Needle vs Sakura is also mvp.
>>
>>51880948
Grudge or Krosan Grip. Easy.
And relic to make sure it doesnt come back
>>
>>51881097
yes if you draw all of your sideboard cards you win the match. that is how modern typically works.
>>
>>51881112
You have never played against Lantern have you? RG titan shift has yuge number of sb cards for this match up. Grudge is fantastic too, because milling doesnt stop it. They need to surgical extraction before you can cast it
>>
>>51879455
someone on modernnexus said wizards won't do that while ancestral vision is in the format, which sounds reasonable to me (as someone who never really got to play in the twin era)

>>51879493
that's pretty tite
also hyped to see blue moon place and chancellor of the annex in the side of the breaking/entering deck
>>
File: 1487299087117.gif (2MB, 250x139px) Image search: [Google]
1487299087117.gif
2MB, 250x139px
I've got a local tournament coming up, help me pick a deck. Never participated in a tournament so i'm expecting to lose, but the price is a booster box of MM3 so I'm having a shot at it.

>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shogg-tron/
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/16-09-16-assisted-suicide/
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/get-hydrated-3/
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cranial-flush/

I also have a goblin deck (http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/24-01-17-goblin/) but I don't own the good cards yet (Blood moon, Goblin Guide and the Goblin king) so instead there's a bunch of stupid shit in its place.
>>
so is 8rack finishing in the top 16 a meme or is the deck actually viable in the current meta?
>>
>>51881484
Meme deck
>>
>>51881484
Ive been trying to make mine work for ages but it so hit a miss, discard just works better in combination with other forms of control or at least an aggressive strategy.

I often found myself top decking as fast as my opponent.
>>
>>51881482

turn the goblins into 8whack and call it a day. That will be the most competitive list from all you have linked
>>
>>51881510
Was it some budget shitty version? Or did it have Bridge from Below, Mutavault, Lilly of the Villy and Bitterblossom?
>>
>>51881551
8 whack is legit best budget deck that is competitive in modern
>>
>>51881551
The Eldrazi-tron deck is completely fine
>>
>>51880690
Which is more than the lantern player deserves
>>
I just sold my Dredge. What deck should I build that's around the same price? I have a playset of Chalices of the Void, what are your opinions of Eldrazi Tron? Is it any fun or just a temporary members that will be quickly forgotten? I also own Affinity.
>>
>>51881622
Temporary meme*
>>
>>51881622
Eldrazi Tron is top tier. Rocketing up the meta on mtg goldfish
>>
>>51881634
But is fun? I already sold 11 decks since I started playing Modern (14 months ago). I'm scared if Eldrazi Tron is as fun as Bant Eldrazi, which was one of the most boring Decks I played (it played by itself).
>>
>>51881622
>>51881634
Im the dude playing this: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/shogg-tron/

Im a fan of Eldrazi tron despite it being a easy deck to play. Turn 3 Karn or a Conduit of Ruin into Ceasless Hunger turn 4 is pretty fun, despite that I'm not sure If I understand the changing metagame.

Can anyone explain why Walking Ballista has become so much of a thing in modern?
and what is everyone's thoughts on Endbringer, it seems better in theory and Im considering sideboarding, maybe even getting a Promised End. Im also considering a Basilisk Collar over Batterskull or maybe even trying Deathrender with the conduit of ruin to improve my early game stalling/aggressiveness.
>>
>>51881643
Fun is subjective.
Competitiveness is objective.

I can only help with the latter.
>>
>>51881556
>pouring money into a tier 4 deck
>>
>>51881681
Then I shall give my point of view. I found the following decks fun: Affinity, Dredge, Living End.
Found the following to be boring: Bant Eldrazi, Merfolks, Burn, Infect.
>>
>>51881729
>lightning bolt tribal
>not fun
Do you even autism bro?
>>
>>51881762
I don't enjoy playing: Subtractions, the game.
Although Burn wasn't completely unfun, but when compared to Affinity, something was missing.
>>
>>51879455
>they once again didn't reprint the cards people needed to play at a decent quantity.

The writing's on the wall. WotC has been phasing out Modern for a while now--reprint policies, lack of tournament support, MaRo of Sauron pretty much confirmed an "intermediate format" at some point in the future. Modern players need to face the facts and see that the format is going the way of Extended. We either migrate to Legacy and become full-time pariahs, or surrender to our Standard overlords. There will never be any meaningful reprints.
>>
File: Image.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
If this card cot (2)RR would you play it?
>>
>>51882567
I'd sideboard it. I wouldn't main board it and add in another card that I'd never be able to cast in a normal game if I were to draw it though.
>>
>>51882604
I don't understand, are you saying you'd sideboard it and then not play the card that let's it cost less?
>>
>>51882615
No, but I wouldn't main board 2 cards, one of which was essentially that for 2RR and one which was a dead card 95% of the time
>>
>>51882637
I mean, you run stuff like brutality and nahiri with it.
>>
>>51882662
Yes but then I'm running brutality and nahiri and that card for 2RR. If that card was 2RR I'd run it, I wouldn't run nahiri (I'd situational run brutality)
>>
>>51882673
Why not run nahiri? She is by far one of the best walkers in Modern. Not Lili tier, but she even saw play in legacy for a bit.
>>
>>51882692
Because she's just mediocre. Walkers are pretty shit for the most part in modern. Nahiri Jeskai died out pretty quickly for a reason.
>>
>>51882729
Yeah because of Tron.
>>
>>51882802
Well when they ban tron you can come back with your nahiri is good meme
>>
>>51882567
But anon, it already costs 3R ;^)
>>
>>51882815
>ban tron
Oh baby don't tease me like that
>>
>>51882955
I honestly hate the deck so fucking much. That shit is literally more fucking linear than burn at this point.
>>
>>51882802
Nahiri is fairly bad in general, dies to any creature sneezing in her direction.
>>
>>51882997
>That shit is literally more fucking linear than burn at this point.
Yeah almost.
>T2: Thought Knot seer
>T3: Reality smasher
>>
>>51883020
I mean, she has better survivabilty than Liliana.
>>
>>51883115
Not really. You need to have dealt with all but 1 threat before you drop them to have them get more than one activation. This is far easier to do when you get to play lili a turn earier than nahiri.
>>
>>51878750
Just because it's on the packs doesn't mean it's mythic. Hell, they put the uncommon Maulfist Revolutionary on Aether Revolt packs.
>>
>>51883142
Yeah but she also has a plus 2 and comes out at 4. Also she can select which card to pop off
>>
>>51883115
>I mean, she has better survivabilty than Liliana

Lilly comes down sooner and kills untapped creatures, while also pressuring the hand.

It could not be a wider gulf between the two.
>>
>>51883174
Etched champion was a rare on the packs for 2016 as well
>>51883187
But you also don't have no win con if they can deal with your liliana. Liliana is a very strong card in a very strong deck, nahiri is a decent card that needs an entire deck protecting her to win you the game.
>>
>>51883174
Planeswalkers can't be less than mythic because reasons
>>
>>51875993
There is a legacy scene actually. They also allow up to 15 proxy cards because not everyone can afford duals. It also has to look good, printed out. Not sharpie on a basic land.
>>
File: 68425_200w.jpg (30KB, 200x288px) Image search: [Google]
68425_200w.jpg
30KB, 200x288px
>>51874016
Since you can't afford stepping into green for herald of the pantheon, might I suggest his weird uncle?
>>
File: mono blue burn is the only burn.jpg (170KB, 988x498px) Image search: [Google]
mono blue burn is the only burn.jpg
170KB, 988x498px
>>51883913
It's not really a turbo seas deck, I just sometimes draw multiples of them
>>
>>51881586
that was my thought too. sure it dies to cheap exile or land hate but he's not playing Jund so weaknesses happen.
>>
>>51873790

Commander already gets the best supplemental product Wizard's puts out.
>>
>>51873379
>how are you holding up fellow grixis delver bro. I feel like our deck won't be tier 2 much longer. Really disappointed with the recent GP results

>>51877986
>Completely different anon, but I've been fearing that as well. This meta is somehow worse for our deck.

It's true, this meta is really brutal for the deck. I actually preferred the Gitaxian Probe meta more.

The best placing Grixis Delver decks have been ones running Cryptic Commands. They're somewhere in between the traditional Grixis Delver and Grixis Control lists.

It's been doing pretty well and some other players I know have said the same. There are also lists that run some amount of Ancestral Visions in the side or main.

Best of luck Delver bros.
>>
Is Jund Death's Shadow gonna get banned after Cheerios/Expertise Reanimator
>>
>>51884374
Cheerios won't get banned. It's literally no better than infect.
>>
WHERE ARE MY MM17 SPOILERS REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
I'm building storm because ad nauseam didn't tickle my fancy enough. Is the deck the real deal now that it has 8 electromancers?
>>
>>51884566
>Is the deck the real deal now that it has 8 electromancers?
Yes. Also Gifts always feels sweet.
>>
>try burn after all these years
>it's actually quite fun
>competitve
>shits on any and all meme decks
>games are over fast, no durdlling
>>
>>51884631
>gifts always feels sweet.
Tell me about it. I played mono-u gifts tron for a while, but I'm a diehard combo player so that deck wasn't cutting the mustard. Ad nauseam was better but it was too linear. I crave senseless complexity and modern didnt have it like legacy does, since storm used to be bad.
>>
>>51884693
Storm gift piles are not complex bruh, come on.
>>
Have you guys seen the creatureless Mardu burn deck with bridges and gonti's machinations?
>>
>>51884731
There is even something beautiful when you see 20 copies of grapeshot on the stake.
>>
>>51884757
>Gonti's Machinations
Is there some secret meme I'm missing, this card isn't playable in any format
>>
>>51884757
List please.
>>
>>51884757
post it, I've been looking for non shit mardu list that isn't tokens
>>
>>51884778
It's essentially a one black CMC helix. You can store energy counters so the following ones pop immediately.
>>51884783
>>51884841
This is from testing on boohooglands channel

Land (20)
3x Arid Mesa
1x Blackcleave Cliffs
1x Blood Crypt
3x Bloodstained Mire
2x Inspiring Vantage
2x Mountain
2x Sacred Foundry
3x Scalding Tarn
3x Wooded Foothills

Instant (21)
4x Boros Charm
4x Lightning Bolt
4x Lightning Helix
4x Searing Blaze
1x Shard Volley
4x Skullcrack

Sorcery (12)
4x Bump in the Night
4x Lava Spike
4x Rift Bolt

Enchantment (4)
4x Gonti's Machinations

Artifact (3)
3x Ensnaring Bridge

Sideboard (15)
2x Deflecting Palm
3x Fatal Push
2x Molten Rain
1x Phyrexian Unlife
2x Rest in Peace
3x Searing Blood
2x Wear
>>
>>51884778
It really isn't any worse than helix if you're on 3 colors
>>
>>51884888
>>51884878
helix can also hit creatures, and isn't a dead top deck (unless you're holding onto 2 fetches)
>>
>>51884731
I know familia but it's the closest I can get to DDFT in this godforsaken format.
>>
>>51884878
The ensaring bridge is a stupid idea, but I like the stock mardu burn list. I've been trying death's shadow in mine.
>>
>>51884693

Play spellweaver helix

I love it

>Multiple outs for different hate
>decent matchup versatility
>complicated and fun
>multiple lines of play makes it feel really skill testing

sorceries
>4 life from the Loam
>4 faithless looting
>3 ancient stirrings
>2 conflagrate
>4 flame jab
>4 ravens crime
>3-4 Inquisition of Kozilek
>2-3 collective brutality
>2 time warp
>1 worldfire
>0-1 vengeful pharaoh
instants
>2 gifts ungiven
>1 noxious revival
creatures
>1 stinkweed imp
artifact
>4 spellweaver helix

>sb
>1 stinkweed imp
>1 engineered explosives
>2 abrupt decay
>2 ancient grudge
>1 damnation
>2 vengeful pharaoh
>1 ghost quarter
>2 anger of the gods
>1 nature's claim
>2 whatever idk

The deck might do well with more colorless bullets in the sb to dig for with stirrings but I'm pretty happy with this build for now.
>>
>>51885168

also
>lands are a 4c fetch/shock base + ghost quarter + academy ruins
>get green early, blue only has gifts so you can get it late
>>
File: 635032476667186745.jpg (58KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
635032476667186745.jpg
58KB, 375x523px
Is this card too good for modern
>>
>>51885269
No.
>>
>>51885269
I could see them printing it with non-land permanent
>>
>>51885269
No, all it would do is make Blue black decks a little better and would really be good against tron
>>
>>51885285
I mean it doesn't make any lists in legacy, I don't think a real conditional land destruction claus makes it op for modern. But this is all useless speculation
>>
>>51885307
I just don't see them printing land bounce in standard. We don't even get boomerang anymore.
>>
>>51885321
Oy vey think of the poor standarard playahs yous filthy goyim, how will they play if their new trash dual lands we print keep getting bounced to their hand, it's like anuddah shoah
>>
>>51873349
I like the idea but why would I not cut Narset and have Liliana/Gideon as the main walkers
>>
>>51885423
Because if you play good cards then it's not a meme deck
>>
File: dO0cjYv.png (102KB, 239x302px) Image search: [Google]
dO0cjYv.png
102KB, 239x302px
>>51885449
Can't I have a good meme deck?
>>
>>51885460
No.
>>
>>51885480
Well.

Any other meme walkers I can throw in?
>>
>>51885594
1 of each gideon
>>
>>51885594
Venser
>>
>>51885601
>>51885679
I don't know if I like this meme anymore
>>
File: 354534.jpg (154KB, 992x499px) Image search: [Google]
354534.jpg
154KB, 992x499px
>>51885755
I have many meme decks that might interest you instead
>>
>>51885774
>that pic
Can we go back to Esper

I don't want to be a memer and a degenerate at the same time
>>
>>51885755
Too bad you're already committed
>>
>>51885822
Alrighty how about this? My opponent milled his whole deck but 3 cards out just to get a board past my scooze, then I slapped him with the old 'no creatures are allowed to attack ever' combo
milling out dredge has always been my favorite way to beat them
>>
File: 1486389615107.png (220KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
1486389615107.png
220KB, 590x350px
For 136 dollars I could buy the rest of new 8 pyromancer storm. Should I go for it?
>>
>>51886075
>Eternal Command
Truly a most based patrician deck. To imply this is meme is gay as fuck.
>>
File: Coolprofessor.png (218KB, 303x301px) Image search: [Google]
Coolprofessor.png
218KB, 303x301px
>>51880972
I hadn't considered bringing in Pithing Needle for the Sakura. Thanks anon!
>>
>>51880565
They can just extract it in response and you have to keep the recursion engine offline if you manage to kill pyxis. You're better off just running normal hate.
>>
>>51886364
reread the card, you can't extract it
>>
>>51886309
Yeah it's pretty fun. Just pulled off the closest win through choke. My opponent has it again in the game I'm in now but I got a flooded groove so I'm less annoyed.
>>
>>51886419
I thought it worked like Emmy my bad. Still not very good because they can just let you draw it and unless you have a consistent way of putting it in the yard it's useless and it will get pyxis'd eventually unless pyxis is exiled. Point still stand that regular sideboard cards would be better against lantern since the gy shuffle effects just prolong the game a bit more sometimes.
>>
File: Modernsnotdead2.jpg (222KB, 1200x627px) Image search: [Google]
Modernsnotdead2.jpg
222KB, 1200x627px
I made us a general image, what do you guys think? :)
>>
>>51886681
Should've used future sight goyf desu
>>
>>51886296
Deck is on the fast track to ban city, wizards hates storm
>>
>>51881482
needs more reckless bushwhackers
>>
>>51884878
Gt rid of shard volley and bridge, and run Guides, Swiftspear, or Eidolon
This is Burn 101
>>
>>51887322
It's creatureless burn. I didn't make this
>>
I haven't played mtg in years, and the most viable deck I have is a goblin devour deck. I made a budget RW heroic soldier deck since I can't find other people who'd play scrub legacy with me. Do I have any chance with my soldiers in the current game or will I just get bodied?
>>
>>51887511

soldiers do not have enough support, one good soldier block and we may have enough for soldier tribal.
>>
>>51886756
Dude, no fucking way, it's not even 1% of the meta, if they ban it I would literally put my balls on a chopping block
>>
I just wanna say this is a good thread, I have seen very little shitposting

well done gents
>>
>>51880565
>Okay Colossus on top of your deck
>Yeah, you can draw that
>Have fun with the dead card in your hand while I mill away your deck
>>
>>51887677
Lmao fuggin truuuu nigga
Trons a muhfuckin control deck and burn is combo smash dat like button my nigga lmao
>>
Hello all!

I'm a modern/casual player and have been brewing up an idea from a G/W ramp Angel fatties deck.

The idea of the deck is basically to ramp up early using cards like Avacyn's Pilgrim/Elvish Mystic/Arbor Elf/Sol Ring to summon some beefy Angels with fun effects, then buffing them up with cards like Giant/Titanic Growth to swing for face, while using white removal to take care of pesky creatures that might get in my way.

What would be some decent mid-late game angels to use for this purpose? Also, are there any green or white cards I can use to further the angel theme of this deck?
>>
>>51887715
tron is aggro combo
you aggressively assemble the combo of the urza lands + karn
>>
>>51887841
I would start by cutting soul ring. There's just too much artifact hate in modern, and its outclassed by a lot of cards now. I don't even see why it's still played.
>>
>>51887910

yeah I figured Sol Ring would be the first to go, I mainly just included 2 for reliable ramping.

is there anything else you could recommend?
>>
>>51887853
>>51887910
>>51887945
Can you please shitpost somewhere else?
>>
>>51887945
Channel and Fastbond
>>
>>51887945
I'd definitely recommend a play set of black lotus. Turn 1 arbor elf into turn 2 Reston angel with mama tithe back up has won me a lot of games. It may seem not worth it at first cause it's just a 1 time use, but sometimes it can really swing the game in your favor. Maybe start with 3
>>
Nice to see the thread get shit up I almost thought we had a good thread going.
>>
>>51887969

what? i'm not shitposting, just trying to get some help with card recommendations for a deck, is that not allowed?
>>
>>51888029
Well I mean technically no, your posts aren't modern related and are therefore off topic
>>
>>51887988
I was playing frontier on cockatrice. I win the die roll, play my sandsteppe citadel because it's been five minutes since I cast a rhino. My opponent goes lotus, lotus, lotus, lotus, lotus, emrakul aeons torn. It was such a good combo, it's just a shame emrakul doesn't have haste on his own
>>
>>51888015
It's literally only because you said that, and if you can't handle an it of fun posting then go to reddit
>>
>>51888048

point me in the direction of the mtg casual board and I'll be on my way.

oh wait, that board doesn't exist
>>
>>51888055
I've heard of this, and emrakul definitely deserves a nerf. I think if they took away flying at least you could block it with one of your serf tokens or something
>>
File: growbots.jpg (156KB, 816x494px) Image search: [Google]
growbots.jpg
156KB, 816x494px
>>51888072
Well that doesn't really change anything. You don't just put posts in the closest applicable board/thread, you post them only if they're on topic to the board/thread respectively. If they're not, and there's no applicable board/thread, you don't post them.
This is all very mute since you're just shitposting on purpose though.
Here's a picture of me playing snek affinity (it's really bad).
>>
>>51888114
>he unironically is going for the snake meme
Cmon bro, it's just a bad aggro deck with some gimmicks
>>
>>51888114
deck is worse than affinity, jund, tron, drazi tron but about the same as G stompy. It's a worse version of all of them except stompy. Might be better than stompy.
>>
Am I the only one wanting wizards to reprint check lands?
>>
>>51887841
How can you call yourself a modern player if you don't even know what's legal in the format?
>>
>>51888138
I know, I just gave it a whirl anyway
>>51888147
The exact list that was on channel fireball is likely worse than stompy. The traverses only get lands 90% of the time, and dromoka's command will get you 2 for 1'd a lot. Replacing those cards could probably get you a list slightly above mono G.
>>
>>51888165
Why they're like $2
>>
>>51888340
And bitch and a half to get, especially those innistrad ones.
>>
>>51888066

>you
It wasn't him it was me
but I'm okay with it it's getting toward the end of the thread anyways
>>
File: wat.png (783KB, 802x523px) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
783KB, 802x523px
>>51888407
>And bitch and a half to get
>>
>>51888466
>he doesn't acquire his cards exclusively through beating up school kids
Poor show
>>
>>51888466
Not the same guy, but is that not a common expression? I use it all the time.
>>
>>51888644
It is. But don't be surprised when a 4chan user is socially inept
>>
>>51888644
>Not the same guy, but is that not a common expression? I use it all the time.
The part I don't get is there being any difficulty in getting Innistrad lands. Unless he needs them same day, I don't get it.
>>
>>51888742
Okay yeah, I'm right there with you. Even if he can't get them at his LGS they should be easy to get online.
>>
>>51888822
I just checked there's literally hundreds
>>
How much do fetchlands really matter, say for UR Delver? Will I be fucked if I'm cheap about my manabase?
>>
>>51889168
Not too much honestly. Fetches are really only 100% necessary when it comes to 3 color decks. I'd say your deck would be like 5% less than optimal at most. You might even win a couple games from not cracking 3 fetches.
>>
>>51889168
Yes. Delver can't risk too many turns with taped lands. Not so much for UR but nearly every splash with a 3rd color is better in a treasure cruiseless world. I'd suggest at least some shocklands. Being able to play a t2 delver with one mana open to protect it with a snare, pierce, snag, fatal push is the typical opening of the deck
>>
>>51889290
>t2 delver
Uhh, no. You play the delver t1
>>
File: x_files_noir.jpg (234KB, 657x1000px) Image search: [Google]
x_files_noir.jpg
234KB, 657x1000px
Can jeskai delver be a thing in modern? I miss my innistrad-return to ravnica deck
>>
>>51889560
I wrecked with it before the TC ban.
>>
>>51889560
I guess. It's much more linear than rug/grixis and plays out more like a burn deck
>>
>>51889569
Everyone wrecked everything before the ban you cuck. It was fucking recall.
>>
>>51889560
The only reason to even consider white in a delver deck is for lingering souls, which you can't play in jeskai.
>>
File: 1485578291569.jpg (29KB, 500x445px) Image search: [Google]
1485578291569.jpg
29KB, 500x445px
>>51889360
>playing delver when you can't protect it
>not leaving up spell snare t1
>not serum visions t1 to ensure delver flip on 2 with mana up to protect it
>not thought scouring for a t2 Tasigur with protection
>>
>>51889650
Helix, path, but yeah souls is where it's at, but no bolt is bad.
>>
File: Mulder_punches_Skinner.gif (115KB, 509x359px) Image search: [Google]
Mulder_punches_Skinner.gif
115KB, 509x359px
>>51889650
I want angelic destiny on my st traft...
>>
>>51889668
>losing tempo and damage in a tempo deck
You're trash kiddo
>>
>>51889706
>implying that just mindlessly playing delver t1 where it can die is any better
Not saying it's incorrect to play delver t1 but there are usually better lines.
>>
>>51889748
name one
>>
>play t1 delver
>gets bolted/pushed
???
>>
>>51889748
Not even him but you're just incorrect
>>
>>51889838
Any deck playing those is going to kill it anyway even if you have a couple counters
>>
>>51889838
Play a goyf and laugh
>>
>>51889838

>don't play delver t1
>gets inquisitioned
???
>>
File: Tarmogoyf.jpg (50KB, 640x575px) Image search: [Google]
Tarmogoyf.jpg
50KB, 640x575px
>>51889873
Patrician taste
>>
>>51889820
>holding up spell snare if on the draw
>thought scour for t2 tasigur with protectino
>serum visions for t2 gaurenteed delver with protection

>>51889840
You're the one that's incorrect if you always jam delver t1
>>
>>51889873
Congrats now you have a 1/2 that will eat a bolt, 2/3 if you cracked a fetch.
>>
>>51890023
>serum visions for t2 gaurenteed delver with protection
This is assuming you want both cards on top. Why even waste visions then?
>>
>>51890110
You can't be serious. Goyf counts both yards, moron.
>>
>>51890115
Because it smooths out the draw and lets you plan your future turns accordingly? It's not like serum visions t1 is a bad play anon.
>>
>>51890165
>t1 serum to flip delver
>i/s and card you don't want
>you have to leave the unwanted card on top to ensure delver flip
>>
File: 8a4.jpg (14KB, 600x384px) Image search: [Google]
8a4.jpg
14KB, 600x384px
>Turn 1 Inquisition
>Turn 2 Goyf
>Turn 3 Lili discarding Souls
>>
>>51890199

>I literally don't know how scry works
>>
>>51890210
Seems like a good line of play, what's the problem?
>>
>>51890199

Wait nvm you serum visioned on t1 so you had to put a card you possibly didn't want on top to have your I/S second from the top I get you lol I'm a retard
>>
>>51890255
I think pepe got the goyf beats and never recovered
>>
>>51890199
>unwanted card on top
At worst it's another land on top, which unless you have a very land heavy hand isn't terrible. If it's a Tasigur, snappy or another delver on top then you just have another threat on top the delver in hand. Not to mention you could forego the line of flipping delver for something else depending on what you see.
>>
>>51890357

>t1 delver
>flips
>t2 groundswell mutagenic assault strobe swing for probably lethal

It's like you don't want to have dank plays
>>
How dead is infect after the g probe ban? Should I upgrade to legacy?
>>
>>51890686
It's about as dead in modern as it is in legacy, which is to say pretty dead.
>>
>>51889974

First time I actually see the eyes on this fucker
>>
>>51890624
>swing for probably getting 4 for 1'd
>>
>>51870537
While an almost strictly better Green Sun's Zenith is legal in Modern, I'm afraid the most aggressive creature in the format will continue to trash the format.
>>
>>51892094
>strictly better gsz
Wew lad
>>
>>51892094
Fuck off already.
>>
>>51892094
>strictly better Green Sun's Zenith
And which card exactly would that be?
>>
>>51892140
GSZ can't fetch Death's Shadow.
>>
>>51892155
Traverse the Ulvenwald. Still costs GX to drop your creature, except this one fetches nongreen creatures.
>>
>>51892094
>While an almost strictly better Green Sun's Zenith is legal in Modern
Well GSZ wasn't banned strictly for power level, it was because it was so good in every green deck every green deck would play it, and since they would all play it they'd all optimize their decks for it and there'd be no deck diversity in green. That was wizard's theory anyway. Given you can't shove traverse in every deck, wizards probably doesn't care as much.
>>
>>51892184
Green sun zenith doesn't rely on your graveyard to be good, so you can bring out one or two drops on turn two without issue.
Plus I'm not seeing the part of Traverse that puts the creatures directly into play, you still run the risks from casting them.
>>
>>51892184
And has requirements. You can't just drop a couple birds and go off.
You have a problem with strong cards?

I like how I was advocating traverse when it released and was ridiculed. Fucking /tg/ being bad again
>>
>>51892220
>Green sun zenith doesn't rely on your graveyard to be good
Sadly there are free spells that cycle and put multiple types in your yard, so it's not exactly tough to get delirium online. Crack fetch, Street Wraith, Bauble, Thoughtseize your opponent. By the time your turn comes back round, you have delirium. I can see either Traverse or Death's Shadow getting the axe based on the GP last week. It was Eldrazi Winter levels of dumb watching a player slamming huge dudes down by tapping one land. The sheer fact that the 5 guys who brought it all did stupid good and 3 made the top 4 in a format full of Fatal Push speaks for the deck's raw power.
>>
>>51892268
Jesus christ. If traverse gets a ban I'm quitting magic
>>
>>51892268
Did nothing at the other GP though, and with both the deck itself and dredge making a showing graveyard hate should be on the rise. Comparing it to eldrazi winter is retarded.
>>
>>51892323
>Did nothing at the other GP though
Because the deck was a brew from one team. No one knew about it.
>graveyard hate should be on the rise
Le silver boolet format ;^)
>>
>>51892338
Fucking stop. You're a god damn retard
>>
>>51892338
It was all over MTGO, it was no secret. There were more mid range focused death's shadows lists with goyf and traverse even before the probe ban.
>sideboarding doesn't counter for deck balance discussion because memes
>>
>>51892384
>A deck performing insanely well means nothing, it was just one event!
t. Cuckold
>>
>>51892414
>cuckold
Alright back to /v/ kiddo. Nobody is going to take you seriously now
>>
>>51892414
Who are you quoting? I didn't say anything like that in my post
>>
>>51888072
MTG Casual Board is >>>/trash/
>>
>>51893090

new bread
>>
File: 1.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
>>51870537
need some help with my modern tribal kithkin deck
kithkin rule!
i'll post what i have so far, i have a full playset of each
>>
File: 2.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
>>51893657
kithkin cont.
>>
File: 3.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
>>51893667
kithkin 3
>>
File: 4.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
>>51893676
>>
File: 5.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
>>51893676
>>51893667
>>51893657
>>51893686
last one
>>
Does anyone have that classic "are you the aggro or control player?" article? I can't for the life of me find it.
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.