[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

good system for space pirating?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault-6.jpg (56KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-6.jpg
56KB, 1280x800px
the group has elected to play a space pirate game, ill be running it this saturday. I've facilitated GURPS in the past, and if needed ill do it again, but id prefer something else.

What system lends itself to space pirating or general spacery?

what are some good worlds i can look at for a setting? I'm not a space guy.

what else should a GM know or add when doing a game in space? from your experience.
>>
Traveller!
GURPS I've found isn't great for super science space tech stuff, although I love it for others.
Savage Worlds could also work but you'd have to look into it yourself.
>>
>>51861045
how crunchy and hard to get into is traveller?
>>
>>51861119

Depends on edition, Classic's Starter Traveller is roughly low-medium crunch, Mongoose is middling, maybe Savage Worlds-ish, and some of the other editions go to super mega crunchy, with T5 being autism on fire.

In most editions, man-to-man shootouts are lethal as hell, though, so if you want to do that kind of movie piracy where there's lots of shooting, then Traveller's not probably not the right system for you.
>>
>>51861754
darn... thats a shame, ill look into it for the future. but i guess that won't be the system i go with for now.

any other suggestions?
>>
>>51861119
>>51861891
If you want something rules-lite, Stars Without Numbers is "B/X in Spaaaaaaace!"
Also has *a lot* of really good generation tables, etc. that you can steal for other systems.

Thread is about to die, but SWN (et al.) is in the Trove: >>51827704
>>
DRAGONSTAR if you want to get your fireflying in d&d

Spelljammer because you know you want to

Dungeons the Dragoning all your favourite animu & vidya combined so there is something that you will like

Ops & Tactics for max operating. It's not like your players are actually going to do space combat
>>
>>51862017
>Spelljammer because you know you want to
That wouldn't so much be Space Pirates as it would be Pirates in space.
It's a fantasy Age of Sail, Spelljammer is only incidentally in space.

>Dungeons the Dragoning all your favourite animu & vidya combined so there is something that you will like
Barely works. The good bits were nicked from Spelljammer, and the rest coasts on familiarity.

Your other suggestions are probably fine?
>>
>>51860990
Age of the Empire, or whatever that star wars game is called?
>>
>>51862095
Dragonstar is hard sci fi version of 3.5 that works surprisingly well.

Ops and tactics has one of the best firefight rules simulationist and realistic with descending into phoenix command autism
>>
>>51862211
*without
>>
Dice+1d20
>>
>>51862295
learning to roll?

if so then all you need is to use the options field.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.