[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life from the oceans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: jad-saber-ships2.jpg (819KB, 1920x1012px) Image search: [Google]
jad-saber-ships2.jpg
819KB, 1920x1012px
How would humans live if centuries-past the majority of land was taken over by furries and elementals which left the human race only small pieces of mainland or islands for literal earth?

Asking because I'm an Idea Guy and this is as far as my idea got.
>>
>>51860170
Why would mankind be safe from elementals at sea? Air and water elementals should be incredibly dangerous there, you'd probably be safer on land where at least you get some warning before the earth elementals crush your village. The sea can turn on you in an instant.
>>
>>51860429
Unless they're not conventional elementals.

>>51860170
Massive towns, like Lake-town from the hobbit. 20 ton anchors to secure them to the bottom of the sea.

Boats, of course. Everyone has one. It's basically your car.

In order to get metal, humans have to raid coastline settlements of furries and take their shit. They'd probably take slaves too.

The only thing anyone has had to eat for 3,000 years is fish.
>>
>>51860544
>Massive towns, like Lake-town from the hobbit. 20 ton anchors to secure them to the bottom of the sea.
The seas get unruly once and your town is a bunch of finely mulched driftwood.

Further, with no land they will have no metal, which will limit them to rope rafts and dugout canoes.
>>
>>51860170

Hey Idea Guy? Without large amounts of land how do they get the timber needed to build ships?

Here's another idea you can explore: Stick your dick in a blender.
>>
>>51860170
where is humanity getting the fuck ton of wood necessary to continue existing?
>>
>>51860170
This is pretty much the Destroyermen setting. The local indigenous race (who are, ironically, furries) live largely on massive seagoing vessels because the raptormen drove them away from land and eat them every chance they get. Plus, the land areas are nearly Deathworld-dangerous.
>>
>>51860544
>The only thing anyone has had to eat for 3,000 years is fish.

So humanity has been using the same ships (how the fuck would they ever make new ones) for 3k years? I suppose they could steal some. Oh wait fucking how? Imagine a bunch of triremes pulling up to a completely modern ship. Then add half a thousand years.
>>
>>51860918
>This is pretty much the Destroyermen setting.

Please don't tell me you wasted part of your finite lifespan reading THAT shit.
>>
>>51860879
Hollow out massive sea creatures that have a waterproof skin. Even stitch multiple skins together to form bigger ships.

Just invent some sea animals that can be harvested in this way for a lot of different resources.

In a lot of cases you can replace metal with bone, such as for weapons.
>>
>>51861060
I read 100+ Doc Savage and 100+ Mac Bolan books back in the day. Sometimes you just want dumb entertainment.
>>
>>51860879
They still have some land and islands, that would have trees. Metal ores on islands isn't unheard of either.
Assuming age of sail setting like OPs pic humanity could get on alright, ships would be individually much more valuable though and probably tend towards hit and run tactics and faster lighter ships like schooners and frigates that can run and survive to be repaired rather than slower ships of the line slugging it out.

If we've got a large displaced population you could potentially go for floating raft "cities" attached to what islands they have, any arable land isnt goign to be wasted on anything that isn't growing food. Significant aquaculture is also a viable way to feed the masses.
>>
>>51860170
Two words for you:
Hollow Earth
>>
>>51860170
I guess they would become the trader civilization of the world transporting goods between the continental civilizations. They would propably also produce seafood and salt and trade these. Timber and fuel would be problems though. What kind of island would humanity have? The size of British isles or Japan for example?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.