[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /tg/ hate ultramarines?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6546.jpg (674KB, 1020x1300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6546.jpg
674KB, 1020x1300px
Once you put aside all the stupid "we're the bet of the best of the best except in demon killing, orc killing, and pretty much everything else", they're a chapter who's driving force is their ability to take their lumps
>>
>>51857355
/tg/ is overrun by SJW cucks who hate any and all forms of masculinity and awesomeness. That's why they hate the patrician Ultramarines and even good ol' Dwarves.
>>
>>51857355
Because they're master race and super nice at the same time.
>>
>>51857388
>masculinity
>midgets
>awesomeness
>midgets
art thou raving?
>>
>>51857355
Mostly remnants of the days when we hated Ward, combined with the fact that they're the default marines. It's like people who say Mario is the best character in any Smash game, because he's Mario. I mean... You're not wrong if you're saying he's the most popular character, but the best?

Blood Ravens still take top place... literally.
>>
>>51857355
Because of Matt Ward.
t. Ultramarine fan
Empire-building and empire-upholding skills are pretty much the best chapter specialty I can think of. Skills in administration, law-making and government are exactly the thing that the Imperium sorely lacks. And I love their Roman theme.
>>
>>51857355
Mainly because of ward jacking off to them non-stop
If he stopped doing that, we probably wouldn't hate the smurfs as much
>>
>>51857523

Instead of making the Ultramarines vanilla AND wanking them like Ward fluff did, they should have been the premier empire-builders.

Impetuous as all Space Marines against the galaxy's foes, they should have just enough of that old conqueror spirit to get the best solution, even if it means pulling their weight a bit more or roping in someone they'd destroy than see prosper. Doesn't mean they have to completely abandon the grimdark.

I'm of the opinion that they should be just like their brothers rather than the poster-boys for vanilla. Their Roman stylings and themes giving a greater influence than just aesthetic, and make it much easier to see their potential to have been traitors. Guilliman could have been an absolute tyrant with his own competently built empire, but he chose service to a higher power and greater goal than his own. Perhaps just a few remnants of that old "Imperium Secundus" attitude seep in, and could be a point of conflict or a source of guilt just as much as a point of pride for the blue sues
>>
>>51857523
FW get it right again.
>>
>>51857388
> /tg/
> Hating Dwarves.

How fucking was the coma?
>>
>>51857355
Besides being the most perfect at everything is a pretty huge besides.
>>
>>51857388
Aren`t the SJW promoting the Mary-Sue-esque type of character that would fit the Ultramarines?
In any case, I've been here a while and I never saw "SJW cucks" as you put it, perhaps some time without /pol/ would suit you.
But the hatred for the Ultramarines is nothing more that dislike for the lore that Matt Ward wrote that nobody liked.
Spiritual Liege wtf?!
>>
>>51857388
>like 5 guys complaining about traditional dwarves being copy and pasted from setting to setting
Don't get me wrong, i love traditional dwarves, but they are a justified in wanting newer things
Also
>anyone who doesn't like the things i like are of the opposite political party
No one cares whether you think the blacks should fuck back off to africa or if the white males should all fucking kill themselves as long as you don't spam shit memes everywhere and shove your political bias where ever you can
>>
>>51857355

It's not just /tg/ though, pretty much everyone who doesn't work at GW hates them, and even at GW they can only stomach doing 3rd company display armies.
>>
>>51857355

It's an old meme that hasn't died yet. Simple as that. The meme will die, same as dwarf wank lost much of its appeal.

>>51857388

Get in the fucking oven untermench.
>>
>>51857388
>and even good ol' Dwarves.
We don't hate dwarves, we just hate people who are incapable of playing dwarves as anything but GimliClone#424530087
>>
>>51858164
There's no "we". I hate dwarves.
>>
>>51857388
newfag
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.