[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hhg/ aka Horus Heresy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 424
Thread images: 88

Rolled 3 (1d26)

Autism Cults edition
Phosis T'elekini'kar sub-edition

/tg/ loves space wolves, anon wrote a decent comparison on autocannons vs every other heavy weapon, anon confirms Sekhmet are good, rules that only work in the primary detachment don't work when you aren't using them in a primary detachment and /hhg/ just started stating the autism cults, fun fun fun. More here >>51844837

>SOON TO BE OBSOLETE, ALL GLORY TO THE SCANON
http://www.mediafire.com/file/cxrk2978wbwkmv0/Thousand+Sons.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/t6y7bddxcy387yw/Space+Wolves.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8ukjwhr4a8x6tet/Titan+Guard.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons+of+the+Emperor.pdf

>HHG
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA+Exploitable+v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
http://imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HHG Discord
https://discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b
>>
With a start like that, I know this thread's going to be cancer.
>>
>>51856187
>anon wrote a decent comparison on autocannons vs every other heavy weapon
Thanks.
>>
File: 1487285270251.png (254KB, 401x389px) Image search: [Google]
1487285270251.png
254KB, 401x389px
>>51856229
SI jeje.
Mucho cancer.
>>
Which units would be benefitted the most by Ahriman's buffs?
>>
Mmmmmm, smells fresh
>>
>>51856246
I reckon you were overtly harsh on Missile Launchers, but yeah, also last thread was really slow.
>>
File: Magos_Reductor_Calleb_Decima.jpg (131KB, 850x996px) Image search: [Google]
Magos_Reductor_Calleb_Decima.jpg
131KB, 850x996px
Trying to work out exactly how to do my Mechanicum army in terms of first stuff to grab besides some Thallax and a Magos, but the annoying thing is every way I like to play is cheese. I want to do artillery pounding the enemy as they struggle to deal with hordes of useless servitors and automata act like Total War elephants and just sweep all before them until they're brought down by weight of stabbing, or have strike aircraft render the enemy helpless against the advancing wall of armour.

Thing is, in practice that translates into Militia blobs running cover swarms for Reductor artillery with air support and some Vorax kill squads, which is apparently a pretty good way to lose friends, especially since my main opponents are EC, WE and DG. Smashing human waves into each other is fun and fluffy, but I'd rather not be a cheesemonger.

What are the general accepted limits in normal (2k, 2,5, 3k) games on things like automata, strike aircraft, blobs and arty? I know normally they're limited by FoC here, but seeing as I can bring 6 Vulturax, 12 Medusas and still have room for 80 scoring fearless bodies I think Mechanicum throw that out the window a little bit.
>>
>>51856316
4chan had the hiccups, so there were periods during the last thread when posts wouldn't, well, post. That always slows things down & breaks up conversations.
>>
>>51856316
How do you use MLs in your experience that makes them better than the AC, in which circumstances?

If they're on Havocs or IFs I'd think they'd end up roughly equal because of tank hunters, but otherwise I think dakka is more important than strength per shot in the "can't penetrate Land Raiders" category.
>>
Considering how many precedents we have now for IW loyalist garrison commanders, how Sueish is it if my force commander was an exiled Warsmith charged with overseeing an important crossroad solar system. And due to his morally greyish character he serves whoever helps trade in his sector the most or helps humans to reach their final solution
>>
>>51856394
Make his name a reference to Ferengi and you have a deal.
>>
>>51856394
*Final evolution
or final form if this was Memri TV
>>
>>51856356
Well, the circumstances of the Sons of Dorn admittedly, also I remember a quote saying the Fists prefered the versatility of MLs to the indiscriminate Autocannon.
>>
File: Exhortations to Butchery.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Exhortations to Butchery.gif
1MB, 200x200px
>>51856334
>which is apparently a pretty good way to lose friends, especially since my main opponents are EC, WE
I heartily keked at this part. Add some Vultarax and it will be complete :^)
One or two artillery squads (4 Medusae) aren't TOO much cheese, same as two-three Thrall squads.
I mean, WE Inductii won't give a shit about a Fearless 4+ FnP(5+)((+1)) squad with their S6 AP4 Exorted to Butchery 5 attacks on the charge. Can't Sweep what is already dead.

>>51856353
>4chan had the hiccups
I thought I was just myself. That was an anger I did not enjoy.
>>
File: IMG_5660.jpg (23KB, 300x220px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5660.jpg
23KB, 300x220px
>>51856408
This Jewish caricature?
>>
>>51856246
This was really good. Relinking from old bread. All hail the humble Autocannon. Also, what is the most Autocannons you can fit in a HH list and would it be best fielded in a Iron Warrior List or Imperial Fists list?

>>51844986
>>
> what GW colors would you use to paint this camo scheme as close as possible to the original?

from last hhg
>>
I'm starting in 30k with word bearers because I loved the first heretic and betrayer. Currently I have 40 tactical marines, 5 support plasma marines, 5 more which I may use for characters or other things you suggest, a rhino, 5 tartaros terminators, 10 bloodletters and a bloodthirster.
What should I buy next? I was thinking of a spartan but maybe Lorgar or another character could be good too. I also like breacher squads aestetically but I heard they aren't really worth it for playing and they might come out in plastic as well as assault squads so 35 £ per 5 models would be stupid in a couple of months.
Any suggestions?
>>
>>51856520
Solid gold with golden highlights.
Camouflage is for the weak and cowardly.
>>
>>51856394
> loyalist IW
Stop right there [Spoiler]criminal scum[/spoiler]
Your character is a Mary sue.
Take the idea back to the drawing board.
>>
>>51856520
Two thin coats of
Abaddon black
Ulthuan grey
Dawnstone steel
>>51856558
>not platinum with diamond highlights
Do you even embezzle
>>
>>51856558
>custodes are gold to camouflage them around the Emperor's aura and the golden spires of terran hives
>>
>>51856591
thx!
>>
File: 1463222872481.gif (897KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
1463222872481.gif
897KB, 800x430px
>>51856591
>>not platinum with diamond highlights
>Do you even embezzle

>>>Not wavy neon armour to epilepse the enemy
What are you even wearing armour for, then?
>>
File: 18995-18895-20623.jpg (99KB, 494x634px) Image search: [Google]
18995-18895-20623.jpg
99KB, 494x634px
>>51856452
Technically the name "Ferengi" is a reference to the Arabic word for "Europeans", which spread across Asia for a bit. The appearance might be a "what were they thinking" Jewish caricature, but the name, the heavy-handed capitalist strawman, and some genuine zingers make them IMO come across more like the traditional 19th century Monopoly Man than an A Wyatt Mann comic.
They were also proto-ANCAP memes.

>when the other advanced civilisations have moved on to a post-scarcity society but your society is built to create competition for resources

>>51856497
Definitely best in Iron Warriors, because the Havocs are so much stronger. You could get up to 30, but 20 is pushing it in terms of cost-effectiveness, unless the IW were simply an allied detachment, ironically.

Truth be told the best source of dakka is the bloody Death Guard and the RoW they have that gives their HS squads troop status.
If there can't be a generic RoW with that effect, then there should at least be one for both the IW and IF with it.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 473x472px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 473x472px
>>51856187
>using ND bait
Delete this!
>>
>>51856497
Ignoring those unnecessary "points" things.

>Death guard, the reaping ROW

>Compulsory praetor
>Command squad in terminator armour with reaper autocannon
>Praetor
>Praetor

>3x dreadnoughts, (any type,) each with 2 TL autocannons

>Compulsory tactical squad
>Compulsory tactical squad
>Heavy support squad with 10 autocannons

>Primaris-lightning with 3 TL autocannons

>Baneblade with pintle autocannon (for a total of 2)

I make that 102 autocannons in a single FOC.
>>
Moon yiff player here again, for the Orbital Assault ROW how should I transport my troops to battle? There are a remarkable number of ways to deep strike, and I'm struggling to figure out who should go in what. Thoughts:
>Praetor and retinue I'm converting up from Reavers in Anvillus for both aesthetics and highly mobile assault transport
>bolter bros in vanilla drop pods? (because I own them)
>plasma gun squad:????
>also I have a Kharybdis that I can't transport safely yet, because huge
Like everyone else I have like 60 of the plastic guys and it would be trivial for me to arm them with absolutely anything when I place the next FW order. I haven't played a proper game of damn near anything in years.
>>
>>51856683
Needs more cowbell.
>>
>>51856683
Do that but for earthshaker cannons
>>
>>51856683
MUH DICC
>>
>>51856655
So Ferengi Haber shall be his name? As Fritz Haber did everything he could to help Imperial Germany be a superpower and was also Jewish
>>
Is there a knight that has 2x Castigator Bolt Cannons? I swear there was but I can't find it.
>>
>>51856255
Support squads with heavy/salvo, artillery, anything with Relentless greatly benefit, anything else that is rooty-tooty-point-and-shooty benefits a decent amount.
>>
>>51856683
Militia Allied Detachment:
>Compulsory force commander

>Compulsory infantry squad
>Gorgon DT with 2 TL autocannons and 4 sponson autocannons
>Support Squad with 10 autocannons

>6 Sentinels with autocannons

>Malcador with hull autocannon and autocannon sponsons
>>
>>51856655
>Read Iron Havoc entry
>Tankhunters
>Deadly Aim
>BS5

>wakemeup.jpg
>>
>>51856554
Depends on if you intend to play soon, what kind of club or group you're going to, or if you're more into fluff or lists.
If you're going to play soon, you need to decide on your HQ(s), see what RoW you can take or want to take, and then fill in holes after that. You probably have enough infantry for the moment.
>>
File: Pray for Mortarion.png (677KB, 735x667px) Image search: [Google]
Pray for Mortarion.png
677KB, 735x667px
>>51856683
>I make that 102 autocannons in a single FOC.
Guys, maybe the secret ingredient of The Cups is autocannons?
>>51856806
Sweet mercy, it keeps going!
>>
File: Wake me up inside.png (180KB, 618x249px) Image search: [Google]
Wake me up inside.png
180KB, 618x249px
>>51856828
>Your face when
>>
Can somebody share Virtues of the Sons/Sins of the Father audiodrama please
>>
>>51856755
Kind of a bad "reference". Helping Imperial Germany wasn't self-cucking or treason for German Jews. Ironically that is what Nazis would think.

Plus everyone will know "Ferengi". I was thinking you were influenced perhaps subconsciously by them in suggesting a selfish trade-route control motive for your semi-loyalist, but alas, if you don't know the Ferengi and haven't watched TNG (or DS9, but the true Ferengi-kino is the early-season awkwardness in TNG), then it's not worth it naming your dude after something that doesn't ring a bell to you. You might as well name him "Klingon Faber", that's how obvious "Ferengi" will sound to Trekkies.

>>51856828
If they had access to lascannons, they would be unstoppable.
>>
>>51856867
If we all report him at once is there any chance the mods'll listen?
>>
>>51856887
They have access to lascannons, autocannons and missile launchers.
>>
>>51856944
Ah, sorry I was thinking of Plasma Cannons.
>>
>>51856334
>>51856308
Generally no issue with Vorax or most automata. Vulturax and Medusas... more than two will raise eyebrows. Two strike fighters are fine. Most people don't mind three; they're not as bad. Maybe the same with Thanatars. Like strike fighters, it isn't because they're undercosted, a lot of armies just don't have the tools to deal with them. Thanatars are more acceptable if your meta includes multi-bombing. Castellax are fine, Domitars are the opposite of cheese (overcosted), Ursurax are fine.

Depends on your meta, of course, and people haven't been using Vulturax long enough to be sure about their cheese point.

It's unfortunate that your favorite armies are the ones people don't like, but consider how frustrating it can be to play against them. I really don't think there should be such a thing as fearless hordes.
>>
>>51856887
How about Fritz Ferengar then
>>
>>51856683
I like you.
Here's the Reaper list

>Death Guard Scythe list

>Lord of War
>Mortarion the Reaper

>HQ
>Termi Praetor with Scythe / Typhon if you're into witches with chem bombardments
>>Deathshroud retinue
>Termi Praetor with Scythe
>>Deathshroud retinue
>Termi Praetor with Scythe
>>Deathshroud retinue

>Elites
>Deathshroud squad
>Deathshroud squad
>Deathshroud squad
>Deathshroud squad

>Troops
>Deathshroud squad
>Deathshrouds
>Deathshroud squad
>Deathshrouds
>Deathshroud squad
>Deathshrouds

>Fast attack
>Outrider squad with Scythe Sergeant
>Jetbike squad with Scythe Sergeant
>Seeker squad with Scythe Sergeant

>Heavy Support
>HSS Autocannon squad with Scythe Sergeant

Alternate, because termies: Three Grave Warden squads.

Meme lists make me happy. So many deahthsouds 4chins thinks it's spam
>>
>>51857037
Typhon isn't a witch when Morty's there.
>>
>>51857032
It's a better name, but that wasn't hard, and I still don't think the Fritz Haber connection has much relevance, even if we accept the idea that Jews couldn't serve Germany without going against their interests. The Iron Warriors were humans/space marines and thus indisputably part of the "In-group" of the Imperium, it's an ideological/political conflict, not (overall) an ethnic conflict.
>>
>>51856911
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
>>
>>51857083
Yes biologically they are space marines, yet the other legions spit when they hear the name, instantly rebutting the words with rusty bucket, trench digger, life waster and so on and so on
>>
>>51857072
>A
I thought he was still a secret witch that simply wasn't allowed to use his powers when Morty was present.
Thus, he'd have enhanced Deny and you'd get +1 Warp charge for deny tests

>B
He can be one if Mortarion has already fallen to Chaos.
This either means post Istvaan III (aka most games)...or is it implying Mortarion's Daemon Primarch stats?
>>
File: Iron Kek.png (96KB, 952x482px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Kek.png
96KB, 952x482px
>>51857083
>>51857123
>Iron Warriors caring about politiks
You're both Word Bearers to me.
>>
>>51857094
MY FACE IS MY SHIELD
>>51857126
Mortarion doesn't fall to chaos until they kill the navigators, he thinks a lot about changing sides but ultimately stays rogue then his son gives him aids so he embrace his dark side with #Pride
>>
>>51857032
>>51857083
If you're seriously going this route, you wanna avoid Kyme/McNeil tier of obvious naming, or naming that makes people cringe.
Fritz is an old derogatory name for Germans that a lot of people in this hobby will know, and anything at all close to Ferengi or Ferenganar will make anyone with any knowledge of Trek (again, a lot of people in this hobby) wince like a motherfucker.
Haber is a good name for an IW, you could try and sci-fir/harden it up like Haaber or something.
But not Fritz.
>>
File: image.jpg (207KB, 1024x1021px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
207KB, 1024x1021px
>>51857145
>Iron Warriors can't into anything that isn't sieges
Color me surprised.
>>
File: You do not look pure to me.png (66KB, 1238x534px) Image search: [Google]
You do not look pure to me.png
66KB, 1238x534px
>>51857155
>Mortarion doesn't fall to chaos until they kill the navigators
For us puritanicals, he fell way before.
>>
>>51857145
Probably one of the best burns in HH fiction, I think only the zingers Jaghati Khan whips out are up there with it.
>>
>>51856187
>rules that only work in the primary detachment don't work when you aren't using them in a primary detachment

:(
I'm sorry!
>>
>>51857163
>Fritz is an old derogatory name for Germans that a lot of people in this hobby will know
Explain.
>>
>>51856554
If plastics happen, it'll be in October or November like the other boxed sets. Don't bother waiting.

Consider Gal Vorbak, they're great and you liked the book. You don't currently have anything that would require a Spartan, but you could put Termies+character or a massive breacher blob in there. Breachers aren't terrible, but you really need to plan your strategy around having a durable blob of power-armored marines. Otherwise they're a poor use of points. Assault marines aren't great, either. I'd rather have tacticals in a Rhino - or vets (especially running Pride of the Legion) if you want fancy weapon upgrades.

Footslogging doesn't work too well (except for IW and DG) due to all the AP3 templates flying around.

>>51856520
Surely GW only sells about as many shades of gray as there are on that plane.

>>51856695
Plasma gunners are often suicide squads so a normal pod is fine.
>>
>>51857163
Hader second name, as Haber and harder combined
What first name and title should I give him
Terran vet or no?
>>
>>51857163
>If you're seriously going this route
I don't want him to desu.
I was just making a joke about how Ferengi the set-up was, and he seemed to think that I was seriously saying that he had to include a reference to the Ferengi to "be allowed to" fluff his IWs as behaving in an already fluff-friendly way.

"Snowflakes" is just a dismissive "hurr plastic poorfags" term for "your dudes", one of the pillars of the30/40k universe. He can name them however he wants, and if he wants different perspectives on Fritz Haber and Jewish relations with Imperial Germany, he can study that at his leisure.
>>
>>51857208
It was the slang term British soldiers had for German soldiers in both world wars, more common in WWI. "Jerry" semi-replaced it in WWII.
>>
File: until I put on the mask.jpg (196KB, 799x1148px) Image search: [Google]
until I put on the mask.jpg
196KB, 799x1148px
>>51857170
They can also into shitty garrisons and independent Expeditionary fleets.
But yeah, both jobs ALSO lead back into siegeing
:^)
>>
>>51857244
Why Fritz though? Why not Hans or forest nigger?
>>51857263
And that's all you can into, Al?
>>
>>51857241
I didn't see you as commanding me to include the ferengei I just wanted an excuse to put ancap jokes on the fluff
>when the kid across the street hacks your account making you buy 1 stock for 582959 bitcoins violating the NAP so you drop phosphex on his server which held child porn and was the vital point of an investigation so you get charged with destruction of evidence by the local mechanicus militia
>>
File: Finland.jpg (85KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
Finland.jpg
85KB, 500x300px
>>51857241
>He can name them however he wants
Good heavens no. He better follow the recomendations of us random anons on the finnish bus stop autism thread. To the letter! :^)
>>
File: IMG_5666.jpg (27KB, 307x444px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5666.jpg
27KB, 307x444px
>>51857309
These are clearly Sami people and not real Finns
>>
>>51857218
>>51856554
Assault marine blobs (15-20) with an Apoth are suprisingly resilent and hard hitting with a few hidden power axes.
15 men with 3 power weapons, Powerfist + art armour on the sergeant is just 295 pts for instance.

With the price reduction on the assault squads I have to say that I consider them equal to tacts if not better for filling out troop slots.
>>
>>51857293
Because it's short for "Friedrich", which at the time was probably seen as stereotypically German. Just like you think it should be "Hans". Because you associate it with Germans now. I'm sure a generation or two later we'll call Germans "Mohammed".
>>
File: Quiet affirmative.gif (5MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Quiet affirmative.gif
5MB, 500x281px
>>51857293
A Daemon Djinn-sighted Psyker Battle Automata with Acute Senses and an Augury scanner. This is finding Wally to you, right?
>>
>>51856449
>>51857020

Seems all good. I don't particularly like spamming stuff anyway, since resolving "S10 AP2 Large Blast Barrage" ad infinitum isn't exactly my idea of a fun phase either. At least annihilate them in varied and interesting ways.

World Eaters will be interesting to fight just because they don't really care about casualites. Also he apparently likes Angron and Butchers in a Dreadclaw, which will be fun to maneuver everything around. Normally I hate Drop Pods but just one expensive one is actually quite entertaining.

Personally I think Fearless blobs are OK in moderation, but they shouldn't be actually damaging things and a sufficiently choppy unit should be able to break out soon. Probably because I play a lot of shooty armies so I kind of need them to keep the chainaxes away, though.
>>
>>51857358
>>51857293
Yeah, I don't know the historical reason for it, it was the same thing as calling Brits Tommy, so maybe it had a similar origin (example paperwork for all Brit soldiers to fill in used the name 'Tommy Atkins", this example page was often at the front of soldier's paybooks and papers, so when captured, all Brit soldiers were 'Tommy' to the Germans).
People in the UK today (old people) still call Germans Fritz in a way that conveys it as a mild insult.
>>
Recap from last thread, had two Storm Eagles and two Rhinos alongside the Bus. This time I took out the other stuff to put everything in Spartans. Don't want to end up getting shitty rolls and half the army doesn't turn up. Legion Veteran Squad is to literally get into my opponents anus. Formatted to improve readability thanks to an Anon.

3000 Points
"Drive towards the Iron Havocs."
Model Count: 96

Mastodon Heavy Transport 725
Super-Heavy Command Tank
18 Tactical Marines 220
Chainaxes, Power Fist, No Boltguns
Kharn the Bloody - 190
Gorechild
Legion Apothecary - 50
Augury Scanner
19 Augmented Inductii 230
Galhan Surlak 110

Spartan Assault Tank 325
Armoured Ceramite
20 Tactical Marines 240
Legion Apothecary - 50
Augury Scanner

Spartan Assault Tank 325
Armoured Ceramite
20 Tactical Marines 240
Legion Apothecary - 50
Augury Scanner

Legion Rhino 35
9 Legion Veterans 148
Chainaxes, Power Fist, Outflank
Legion Apothecary - 45
>>
File: image.jpg (132KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132KB, 1024x768px
>>51857331
I detect an anti-social Mongolian. Stop being so anti-social, Fin. Repent!
>>51857366
I have a knack for it. And again psychic powers. Screw Nikea!
>>
File: Tech_Thrall_2_3.jpg (156KB, 1024x381px) Image search: [Google]
Tech_Thrall_2_3.jpg
156KB, 1024x381px
>>51857371
>Also he apparently likes Angron and Butchers in a Dreadclaw
That's smart of him.
He skipped the whole "can be intercepted" issue with the Spartan, and the Kharibdys is cheaper than a Caestus, which the autists will argue about whether or not Angron is allowed in one.
>Personally I think Fearless blobs are OK in moderation, but they shouldn't be actually damaging things
It's ok, they aren't. Unless you were to give them Heavy Chainblades and pulled a frail-WE Redjak theme with S6 AP4 melee of your own.

For the record, by headcanon of S6 is represented as bisecting a mortal in a swing, and AP4 is going through plate mail like butter.

So model them with underpowered katanas :^)
>>
>>51857188
What if I'm a newGuard pleb that likes how they were tricked into going Nurgle, more or less
>>
>>51857452
>So model them with underpowered katanas
He's a World Eater, not a White Scar.
>>51857416
So what's the deal, are you one of those criminal profiler dudes?
>>
File: Insane WS posse.jpg (1MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Insane WS posse.jpg
1MB, 1536x2048px
>>51857507
Mortarion's reason for going heresy was "because my cool brother is going heresy too and fuck the Emperor anyway", so in a way yes, he's still tricked into it.
>>51857526
My apologies. Have some Katana Scars
>Fucking invulns, how do they work?
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 497x503px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 497x503px
>>51857526
>So what's the deal, are you one of those criminal profiler dudes?
I am anything but that, Al. Thanks for putting that idea in my mind now.
>>
Am I missing any books that have Death Guard or Mortarion fluff?
>Flight of the Eisenstein
>Rules of Engagement short story
>Distant Echoes of Old Night short story
>Scars
>>
Is it now physically impossible for WE players to make a list without that one apothecary SC?
It seems like every list I watch on the YouTube has that fucker in it.
That and a shit ton of inductii.
It's like WE players can't make a different list. Ever.
>>
>>51857609
>Al
Haha! Your powers have failed you, though it was a bit underhanded stepping into a conversation like that.
>>
File: Captura2.png (122KB, 503x484px) Image search: [Google]
Captura2.png
122KB, 503x484px
>>51857609
Easy there, anon. You'll force perils one of these days.
>>51857651
Didn't know you were an IF Vigilator, though.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 278x395px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 278x395px
>>51857651
>>51857666
I did doubt myself on if that was Al a little but can't get them all right.
>666
Hello, Lucifier
>force perils ones of these days
Don't you set me up to fall, Prince of Lies.
>>
>>51857626
Blackshield has a death shroud lead strike team vs blackshields. The leader of the blackshields is that loyalist robot zombie psyker death guard guy from forge world book one.
>>
>>51857666
>Didn't know you were an IF Vigilator, though.
Dorn might be famous for his sieges, trips, but it's been shown that he can beat Alpharius at his own game if he needs to.
>>
>>51857733
Fists dubs followed by loyalist legions at terra dubs confirm.
>>
File: Path of Heaven.jpg (127KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Path of Heaven.jpg
127KB, 960x720px
>>51857691
>Don't you set me up to fall, Prince of Lies.
Remember kids, the path to hell is paved with witchery.
Then again, so is the Path of Heaven :^)
>>51857733
Dammit, it's true.
Fucking John French. He'll probably end up writing a rape scene for Mortarion and finish shitting on all the legions I like.
>>
File: Land Raider the Irom Column.jpg (101KB, 768x525px) Image search: [Google]
Land Raider the Irom Column.jpg
101KB, 768x525px
>>51857767
>followed by loyalist legions at terra dubs confirm.
The IIIrd are the Emperor's Children, aka the civilian-snorters, you know.
>>
>>51857770
One off.
>Remember kids, the path to hell is paved with witchery.
Then again, so is the Path of Heaven :^)
You're lucky I'm burnt out from the eternal thread, daemon.
>>
>>51857783
Not when I get them they aren't.
>>51857770
I do try to keep things in perspective and keep in mind how stupid it is, but it's hard.
>>
File: John French.png (456KB, 717x1046px) Image search: [Google]
John French.png
456KB, 717x1046px
>>51857825
>I do try to keep things in perspective and keep in mind how stupid it is
Who do you think is worse?
>Laurie Goulding
>John French
>The Kyme
>ADB writing for loyalists
>>
>>51857633
>watching YouTube
>not reading 1d4chan
>>
>>51857770
>rapist goes after Mortarion
>comes within close range of him
>gets whiff of his smell
>"Fuck this, I'll go rape someone else."
>>
>>51857856
>Who do you think is worse?
I've only read the first trilogy, the WS books and the first 2/3s of Praetorian of Dorn, but considering Goulding was senior editor, and therefore has a half share of the blame for everyone else's fuckups let's say him.
>>
>>51857353
They're not bad at all, but comparing 10-man squads of each I slightly prefer tacs w/ a Rhino. The Rhino can help you block charges and act as terrain - it's a bit of a survivability boost.

>>51857626
Brief appearances in Path of Heaven and Vengeful Spirit, but it boils down to trying to look in front of Horus, asking where the hell Typhon is, and wanting to be by Horus's side when he starts the march on Terra.
>>
>>51857856
>and his dog died in the Iron Fire
Asbestos, no! That magos lied when he said you'd been phosphex-proofed!
>>
File: Mortarion.png (2MB, 842x1166px) Image search: [Google]
Mortarion.png
2MB, 842x1166px
>>51857910
If you talk too much they’ll make fun of you.
If you don’t talk enough they’ll make fun of you.
If you laugh too loud they’ll make fun of you.
If you never laugh they’ll make fun of you.
If you smile all the time they’ll make fun of you.
If you never smile they’ll make fun of you.
If you’re too nice they’ll make fun of you.
If you’re too nasty they’ll hate you
but at least they won’t make fun of you
>>
>>51857910
IIRC that was something anti-gun types said was a good alternative to using dakka for anti-rape self-denfece, just piss and shit and hope Nurgle wards off Slaanesh.
>>
So how are you Anons planning to run your Tsons?
>>
>>51858020

Land Raiders and Tanks.
>>
>>51857993
Kek
Kind of like this
2:06
https://youtu.be/35KqGNa1FGA?t=126
Srry for linking this shit here, I just thought it would be funny
>>
>>51857922
Fair enough, I wouldn't run 10 man assault squads either since those would just die without doing much. I agree that tacticals need a rhino for both survibility and mobility.

I probably wouldn't run them as anything abut 10+rhino, mainly because large footslogging tact blobs are pretty damn slow and a massive blast bait (fuck Thanatars).
>>
>>51857856
As a writer? It's easily Kyme. Goulding is actually better than him, and not by a short distance.
French and ADB know how to actually write, as in, they can justifiably be called proper actual writers. What they write being enjoyable or not is another matter.

In terms of damage to the fluff? ADB is up there where loyalists are concerned. Kyme's turned most of the things he's touched into shit. French has some strikes but not as weighty ones.
But Goulding has to win for his stupid views being the ones that guided the overall development of several arcs.
>>
>>51858020
Ahriman with Pride.
>>
>>51857993
Should just cut yourself and bleed all over them instead. Everyone knows it's Khorne who wards off Slaanesh.
>>
>>51858124
Got any recommendations for concealed carry chainaxes? Around the Florida area, ... cheap?
>>
File: 8ball runs a paternity test.png (245KB, 928x1038px) Image search: [Google]
8ball runs a paternity test.png
245KB, 928x1038px
>>51858159
Smooth anon, but she's taken.
>>
>>51856771
Am I just going crazy?
>>
>>51856187
>posting ND drawings
Fuck you, I was trying to forget he exists.
>>
>>51858281

>Curzefag spawning

Oh please no
>>
File: Lumberjack of Khorne.png (276KB, 584x339px) Image search: [Google]
Lumberjack of Khorne.png
276KB, 584x339px
>>51858159
>concealed carry chainaxes
You could just pretend to be a Khornate Lumberjack
>>
>>51857856
Probably Kyme. I hate to be mean, but his books haven't done it for me.

I like Goulding. The series was getting really messy before he arrived, and he made it a little less messy. Without him, authors were bringing back "dead" characters on a whim, killing other characters without running it by everyone else, things like that. The series needed structure.
Doesn't mean I love him. He contributed to BL HH novels carrying various plot threads that go from book to book which are usually annoying. But overall, I'm glad he was there.

I really like John French except for his not-really-a-portrayal of Alpharius. That felt like a waste. But his Tallarn books were great.

ADB's still good. I don't see what the big deal was with Master of Mankind - what did you expect, a nice guy for a tyrant?
>>
>>51858320
Finally someone who had to suffer with me.
>>51858360
At worst it's no different than an Aussie teaching their kid about the Internet
>>
>>51858281
...B-but Konrad is my only baby daddy?
>>
File: Corax Cares.png (973KB, 1300x561px) Image search: [Google]
Corax Cares.png
973KB, 1300x561px
>>51858420
Poor Corax returns to the shadows once more.
>>
>>51858453
He fucked up his geneseed too hard to make babby
>>
Which Primarch has the best banter?
>>
>>51858453
Is there a good episode of that text to speech thing to start on? I tried watching the first but it was too cringe.
>>
>>51858509
>pure white skin and black eyes
His kids are better Curze's than Curze.
>>51858527
KHAN.
>>51858534
It's a minute long, and it begins vital plotlines.
>>
>>51858527
Easily Khan in first place, it's not even a contest.
>>
>>51858527
The khan, by leaps and bounds
>>
>>51858555
But Konrad's babbies have the same thing?
>>
File: Tighter than Dorn's arse cheeks.png (11KB, 508x140px) Image search: [Google]
Tighter than Dorn's arse cheeks.png
11KB, 508x140px
>>51858555
>>51858556
>>51858560
Besides that single thing he said to Fulgrim, what else has he said?
>>
>>51858382
>Without him, authors were bringing back "dead" characters on a whim

i-it's alright, I didn't want Saul Tarvitz to survive anyway, h-heh ;______;
>>
>>51858603
He was shittalking Morty throughout their fight.
>>
>>51858098
I'm biased because I'm an IF player but French's "The Crimson Fist" is a masterpiece.
>>
>>51858603
Perhaps it isn't so much banter, but the things he says to Russ, Mortarion and Malcador make them feel like fannies.
Better than Curze's teenage ramblings or Guilliman calling Lorgar a shit. Maybe Lorgar has some bants come to think? Or was that just the daemon? For someone you'd think would be witty, Fulgrim has no game where verbal sparring is concerned.
>>
>>51858655
That isn't bantz.
That's simply telling the truth. Poor Morty, always in bad company.
>>51858722
No moar IF shilling plz
>>
>>51858098
>But Goulding has to win for his stupid views being the ones that guided the overall development of several arcs.

Can you explain this a bit more, or is there somewhere that goes into this in a bit more depth?

He only did that Calth book by himself, right?
>>
>>51858655
That's the difference between you and me. By the time I make my kills I am always laughing.

Once I finish up my IF I'm going to pick up White Scars (also because I guess I'm a masochist who enjoys difficult colours)
>>
>>51858722
On the subject of Primarch bants, Dorn's reply to Alpharius' entreaty to talk is pretty good.
>Open fire
>>
>>51858737
>Fulgrim has no game where verbal sparring is concerned.
Too busy with peals of anguish methinks.
>>51858747
>That's simply telling the truth
So was his burn on Fulgrim, the best bantz are also true.
>>
>>51858757
>IF
>masochist
Wow, what a surprise.
>>
>>51858748
He posted (on his forum?), after MoM and he knew he was leaving, his thoughts on the whole Heresy story, it came down to 'The Emperor planned it all but kind of fucked up'. I'm too lazy to find the link and I never capped it, but someone in this general has it.

But as the series editor he approves, suggests and shapes plot arcs like the Perpetuals and the clusterfuck that is the Dark Angel plot that fundamentally haven't been handled well, as well as oversaw the pace of the entire series - which barring the year when he was told by his bosses to spin the wheels - has been a mess.
>>
>>51858804
Pain is the cleanser.
>>
>>51857633
I tend more towards assault marines with javelin/jetbike support
>>
File: dpqEaN7.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
dpqEaN7.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
>>51858815
>as well as oversaw the pace of the entire series - which barring the year when he was told by his bosses to spin the wheels - has been a mess.
>Don't worry Joey, Black Library will get to the Battle of Terra some day
>>
>>51858748
He was lead editor for the whole series from the end of 2011 until very recently. He just left because he got an offer he couldn't refuse (he's hinted that he'll be doing similar work for the Star Wars franchise).

So he would track what every character was doing and which book ideas should be written and when. Not total control, especially when GW tried moving BL into the main GW organization, which was a disaster. They'd ask him and other editors to edit codexes, only approve novels with close ties to new products, etc. That's why 2015 had like one HH novel release. Then the new CEO let BL be BL again.

He says that before he left, he charted out how the rest of the series will go. They haven't assigned authors or anything, but the major plot lines are all planned out.
>>
>>51858815
>>51858890
Cheers anons, I haven't looked too deep into the background stuff, I just read the books (up to Angels of Caliban, though I've been spoiled on most of the major plot twists up to and including MoM)

Also have they given a reason why the Garro book with all the audiobooks was created so late? You'd think that would've been released before Vengeful Spirit at least (I hate listening to audiobooks)
>>
>>51858815
I thought someone else came up with that theory.

For those who haven't heard it: the Emperor meant for the Heresy to happen as a way to get rid of the Astartes once they weren't needed. The Custodes were able to mop up the Thunder Warriors, but there were too many of the Astartes and they weren't as easy. He might not have minded keeping some of the survivors, like UM posthuman beaurocrats, who knows.

Would've worked if not for Prospero. He needed Magnus for the Golden Throne.
>>
Are Reavers dead since Vets got huge boost and 3+ 15 man assault sucks in general?

Also, what could be a good SoH list?
>>
>>51858890
And even then, his need to have it organised his way is fucking the pace. The info so far is that Ruinstorm and Old Earth *end* five or six plot threads between them, including ones that've gone on for multiple sources and don't have anything in common so far.
They're rushing to get to Terra. Now I wouldn't have been annoyed about that if we didn't spend so long building up all these hooks that are just gonna get crammed to a quick conclusion.
I can only guess that McNeil has been told to make sure Crimson King ends with the TS plot thread wrapped up as well.
This also probably means that the DG will get one book (if they're lucky, it'll prob actually be crammed into a book with something else) to get their story.
>>51858937
No, but a book like that can fit anywhere into the schedule to fill a hole, same reason all the Tallarn stuff is being collected and released soon.
>>
>>51859025
I make use of 15 jump reavers and chaplain in my long march list. Also got 15 assault marines with apothecary. They both do pretty well
>>
>Legions used to get actual books dedicated to them to tell their entire plot
>Then BL discovered how to rinse money out of people piecemeal in shorts, audios, novellas, limiteds and now the Primarch series
>The legion stories got split up and fragmented all over the place in such a way you need a spreadsheet to follow them
>BL fell in love with the 'nexus novel' where multiple plots contract and expand
>Now all the books are multi-plot clusterfucks
>The collections don't actually collect everything about that plot
>Reading orders are utterly pointless

If we even get a DG novel and not just some more shorts to be packaged into a Mortarion collection I'll be pleasantly surprised.
>>
File: magnus comes from the warp.jpg (150KB, 674x960px) Image search: [Google]
magnus comes from the warp.jpg
150KB, 674x960px
>>51858961
>The Emperor wanted to get rid of the Astartes not unlike the Thunder Warriors
Why is everyone outraged by this THEORY? Space Marine lives are the Emperor's currency and He may spend it however He sees fit.
And even then, humanity will always need champions and tools. Even numbered mistakes have a function.
Or what, you seriously think Orks can even be extinguished, or that the Emperor didn't know about the Necrons?
>Magnus was meant to be sitted on the Golden Throne.
You're forgetting the Golden Throne and in fact the whole road that led to it was going to be the Imperial Webway metro-jaunt station.
Mighty as he is, Magnus wasn't going to be able to power the entire Imperial subWay from that single chair, which you may remember it was hell easier to operate when it wasn't broken by, you guessed it, Magnus.

The Imperial subWay was probably going to be operated by dedicated astropathic choirs. kind of like the one in Path of White Scar Heaven.
Maybe they'd also function as mini Astronomicons (which remember also didn't need to burn 1000 psykers a day before Magnus shattered it), providing something akin to cellphone coverage unlike Terra's galactic lighthouse-equivalent.

And even if Magnus was going to be sit in the throne (because surely you can trust Tzeentch's word ;^) ), then so be it. Magnus is His, after all.
>>
>>51859029
>They're rushing to get to Terra. Now I wouldn't have been annoyed about that if we didn't spend so long building up all these hooks that are just gonna get crammed to a quick conclusion.
No argument there.

>>51859123
If you read Path of Heaven, surely you remember the Magnus-sized chair powering the practice-Golden-Throne.
>>
>>51859025
Unless you're using a 10+ squad or giving them Jump packs, pretty much yeah, they are.
>>
>>51859123
I'm not outraged, I just think it's shit-tier writing to contract the chaotic galaxy-empire spanning poetic tragedy that is the mythic backstory to 40K into 'The Emperor tried to Just As Planned it but rolled snake-eyes'.
I mean, it fits the theme, so I don't find it objectionable, I just think it's dull and robs so much agency from the characters.
>>
Ok. Maloghurst + 2x 15 jump Reavers or 3x 10 Vets. Which would be generally better?

Oh, btw it's because I'm a poorfag who only has 30 Reaver models.
>>
File: won't see the end.png (118KB, 333x225px) Image search: [Google]
won't see the end.png
118KB, 333x225px
>>51859151
Yeah, I sort of mentioned it in my comment, as you can read.
Thing is
>A
You can squeeze Magnus dry and it still won't be enough Magnii to power the planned Imperial subWay
>B
That's what astropathic choirs are for. No need to launch a psychic scream from the other side of the galaxy when you can send it to the Gate nearest to you destination and launch a less potent message from there, less vulnerable to interception and corruption.

Also, pic related.

>>51859174
>I just think it's dull and robs so much agency from the characters.
The Horus Heresy is a tragedy, the Emperor bit more than he could chew and everyone is victim of his environment.
Those facts do not steal characters of their essence.
I mean, what is Garro if not a Death Guard that was simply out of harm's way? He is what he is and did what he had to because he was where he was at the time of the betrayal, nothing more...but that won't make him less of what he is.
>>
>>51858815
>and the clusterfuck that is the Dark Angel plot
The worst part about the DA clusterfuck is that it's not even fun to read like other clusterfucks are.
>>
>>51859174
>I just think it's dull and robs so much agency from the characters
I get what you mean, but even the original fluff starts with Horus getting possessed by a daemon, seemingly at random. Worst lack of agency ever.
>>
>>51859188
Better is too relative. Do you want to be shooty or choppy? Also what RoW if any? It ask needs to be taken into account.

Jump reavers can dish a lot of attacks and have precision hits which really helps their weapon selection

I only use vets a filler for things I haven't covered with other units in the army.
>>
File: 1381352788900.jpg (133KB, 497x500px) Image search: [Google]
1381352788900.jpg
133KB, 497x500px
>>51859314
>The worst part about the DA clusterfuck is that it's not even fun to read like other clusterfucks are.
>>
Alright, so since Quest Knights are their own army, I need to take minimum two knights to field any in 30k, yes?
>>
>>51859447
>I need to take minimum two knights to field any in 30k, yes?

Yes but Knights can also be taken as a LoW, up to two Knights per slot though they cant have a Questoris Rank.
>>
>>51859447
As an army, yes.
Or you could bring one as a Lord of War in any 30k list of any faction.
It's in the red book.
>>
>>51859237
Contracting the reasoning for everything to a master manipulation gone wrong compresses the legend, and it's not being presented as 'God let Lucifer fall', it's being presented as 'The Emperor spent 200 years setting Horus up'.
Trying to think of similar things off the top of my head to explain my feeling, bear with me if these are terrible.
Like, in God-Emperor of Dune, Leto sets this ten thousand year plan in motion, but his uncertainty about the eventual end is part of this plan, the chaotic conclusion is one he can't see but figures he will be happy for, and when it arrives it's because of base human failing; he falls in love.
In the Illiad the Gods don't know what will happen but intervene and manipulate on the fly for short-term results they then build on, juxtaposed with utterly humanistic depictions of heroism and tragedy. Ultimately, the Gods are shown to be assholes and the humans, down to third spearman from the left who's only here because his family is in hock to the cousin of the king, are the real movers and shakers of the story.

The original (or at least the preceding ur-text) is presented as some Inferno-esque Greek tragedy, with the Emperor undone by 'human' behaviour, and all the inferences portraying it as not something brought on by himself intentionally.
In this version of HH, The E has his end goal in mind and strives to create the illusion of chaos, turning the entire galaxy upside down out of his ultimate hubris, and the closest we've had to pathos is when he tells Ra about climbing the cliff or crossing the ocean. Which just kind of made him seem like a plonker. And he's undone by his own godlike, unknowable confidence. Meanwhile the heroes (like Garro) are striving in a world of shit where being heroic was never intended to mean anything.

Again, it fits the theme and I'm not going to sperg and cry about it, I like it...I just preferred it when it wasn't some Masterof Mankind's Manipulation.
>>
>>51859481
>>51859499
Oh shit I missed that. Thanks for correcting my dumbness guys.
>>
>>51859514
Let's not rush to conclusions though... nothing in the books really hints that it was deliberate.
>>
We could probably stand to have more Phantom Pain posting.
>>
>>51859585
The rarity of bionics on legionnaires makes that unlikely to happen.
>>
>>51859514
For the record, I do not think the Emperor planned for the heresy.
Rather, I think He, at best, knew that the Chaos gods would get back at Him for stealing some of their power.
>>
>>51859629

What? Are you forgetting every single last Iron Hand?
>>
>>51859568
Yeah, you're right.
>>
>>51859652
Corpses can't feel pain.
>>
File: Diamond Wolves.png (2MB, 893x1213px) Image search: [Google]
Diamond Wolves.png
2MB, 893x1213px
>>51859629
>The Warmaster sent us to hell, but we're going even deeper
You don't need bionics to Phantompost, but here's a handless warrior anyway.
Turns out losing arms and hands is a geneseed flaw, huh?
>>51859652
You're over-generalizing.
>>
>>51856187
Are blackshields worth anything? I was thinking about starting a No Gods No Masters Just Bros force with the two B@C sets I got for christmas.
>>
>>51859341
Long March or Orbital Assault if I can get a hold on enough drop pods.

I kind of want them to be flexible, but SoH doesn't seems to be great in melee to me for some reason.
>>
>>51859965
Can be good.

Orphans of War could be lots of fun with plasma support squads
>>
>>51859965
You could do an Army of Dark Compliance with Blackshields and some guard dudes.
>>
>>51859985
Is merciless fighter with terminators and jump infantry not punchy enough? Long march gets you fleet when need and then crusader for great sweeping.
>>
>>51859643
That has to be one of the worst things BL has added.
>>
Someone convince me to start painting my World Eaters again.

I have a tourney coming up in under a month and need to get a shitload of stuff painted up for it.
>>
>>51860023
Nice bonus for sure.

I'm worried about that only 2 slots of troops might not be enough for claiming/keeping objectives. How do you guys manage that?
>>
>>51858961
That's incredibly stupid. Intentionally starting a civil war is just asking for chaos go come in and ruin things. The amount of resources wasted on astartes astartes conflict are enormous. Not a good way to prune overly large legions.

If he needed to purge, he could have just disappeared people or sent them on long campaigns without resupply. Intentionally sparking a civil war to downsize a legion is like setting your library on fire to get rid of some extra books. And the library is your house.
>>
>The Emprah masterofmankind minded the whole heresy guise!
>t. rumorfags ft (((Laurie)))
>>
>>51860354
SoH have basically the most ways to move reavers, vets, termies, and Justaerin into troop slots. I usually have 4+ troops every game.

I don't use anything that puts reavers in troops because they're one of my assault units. Plenty other things to get to objectives with lots of deep strike and outflank
>>
>Emperor planned the heresy
Horus is fighing Big E.
"Horus why are you destroying mankind?"
"Dad wasn't that your genius plan?"
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 604x265px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 604x265px
>>51860412
I don't get it. Why would Emps put himself through so much(not to mention humanity screw the aliens) and let Chaos get stronger? And why does Laurie love this theory?
>>
File: FrontCover.jpg (769KB, 1800x2272px) Image search: [Google]
FrontCover.jpg
769KB, 1800x2272px
Two days of hard work later, and here it is. I wish to ask a favour, if anyone can rip the text and turn this into an Epub, it will be much appreciated. Otherwise, I'll see you all at the Inferno.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/imfljjxfqs58ll4/Magnus_The_Red_-_Master_of_Prospero.zip
>>
>>51860321
You just gave us a good reason, anon
>>
File: 1474829029347.jpg (181KB, 931x931px) Image search: [Google]
1474829029347.jpg
181KB, 931x931px
>>51860561
Well yeah, that's the practical motivation. Reality is that I've been sitting at my desk, staring at my minis and thinking about all the work that needs to be put into them, and choosing to waste time instead.

I'm just going to make army lists for them, see if that gets the creative juices flowing.
>>
>>51860537
Praise the ScanAnon!
>>
>>51860537
You're actually the best, dude. Thanks.
>>
What scanner and book spine cutter do you use?
>>
File: Ashen Circle.jpg (85KB, 800x518px) Image search: [Google]
Ashen Circle.jpg
85KB, 800x518px
Wouldn't it be nice to have a pre-Monarchia version of Zardu Layak?
Back when he wasn't the Voice of the Unspeaking, but instead a Terran Centurion-Iconoclast of the Ashen Circle, first and foremost destroyers, fighting back the remnants of the Old Night with axe-rake and phos-fire.

>Wargear
Artificer armour
Power axe
Bolt pistol
Frag, Krak and Rad grenades
Panoply of Flame
Refractor field

>Rules
Master of the Legion
Independent Character
Reign of Fire (Warlord Trait)

>Panoply of flame
All models with the Legiones Astartes (Word Bearers) special rule within 12" of the Panoply of flame (an inheritance of his days as Centurion-Iconoclast of the Ashen Circle) add a +1 modifier to their score for deciding their combat results when determining victory in assaults and +1 to Sweeping Advance rolls, which totally isn't a downside FW what's wrong with you

>Reign of Fire
If this guy ("Zardu Layak" isn't his original name) is the army's Warlord, then Ashen Circle units may be taken as Troops choices for the army's Primary detachment instead of Fast Attack choices, and become a scoring unit. In addition, they lose the Bitter Duty special rule, allowing Independent characters to be attached to them.
>>
>>51860609
If you haven't painted in a while paint the rank and file troops first, so when you paint the Sgt's and characters you will have the most recent experiences behind it.

Also, if you play in a tournament with unpainted models you're a bigger douchebag than anyone else in this board
even AWG plays with painted models
>>
>>51860846
>that spoiler

That did it anon, thanks for the motivation.
>>
>>51860846
>Also, if you play in a tournament with unpainted models you're a bigger douchebag than anyone else in this board
What if I play space wolves on volcanic sand?
>>
>>51860905
If they're painted sure
>But why do I feel like "space wolves on volcanic sand' is code for bare plastic with only basing done
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 800x792px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 800x792px
>>51860905
What's with everyone and volcanic sand?
>>
File: Gas mask.png (358KB, 1886x718px) Image search: [Google]
Gas mask.png
358KB, 1886x718px
>>51860942
Not that guy, but I did mention that time non-standard colored sand looks nice.
>>
File: DA_HH_plot.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
DA_HH_plot.pdf
1B, 486x500px
The talk about the Dark Angel plot clusterfuck made me do this. I think it's accurate.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 550x512px
>>51860961
But why volcanic?
>>
>>51860321
Make Angron proud, dammit.
>>
File: Istvaan V terrain.png (911KB, 736x788px) Image search: [Google]
Istvaan V terrain.png
911KB, 736x788px
>>51860980
This is nice, I'm saving it. Thanks
>>51861023
Volcanic sand is black.
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 550x512px
>>51861110
Ah. Thanks.
>>51861062
>implying you can make Angron proud if you're name isn't Khârn
>>
>>51861062
>Make Angron proud by painting little plastic miniatures

I'm not sure you understand Angron very well, Anon.
>>
File: You spin me round (like a DG).gif (3MB, 614x461px) Image search: [Google]
You spin me round (like a DG).gif
3MB, 614x461px
Look at this spinning dude. He's even got a tiny spike on his helmet. Anon's DG a cute. Cute!
>>
>>51861110
Thanks. I think I'll try and do one for all the legions and the knights errant.
>>
>>51861229
Cute.
>>
>>51861229
Can someone make him spin faster?
>>
>>51860816

I used to use a University A3 scanner. At the moment it's a A4 Portable Wand Scanner.

As for spine cutting, a craft knife. Not pretty, but does the job.
>>
>>51861229
I never got why you wouldn't have the spike facing forward, so you can head-butt someone with it.
>>
>>51861455
No one accused the Death Guard of being smart.
>>
File: Calas Typhon.png (589KB, 801x661px) Image search: [Google]
Calas Typhon.png
589KB, 801x661px
>>51861455
>I never got why you wouldn't have the spike facing forward, so you can head-butt someone with it.
Gee, if only.
>>
>>51861570
Even then that's shaped like a blade.
A headbutt only works with blunt/piercing kind of attacks.
Bladed weapons need more movement.

>The only DG with a headspike is also the most based
>>
>>51861669
oops.
'The only DG *modeled* with a headspike is the most based'
>>
File: Mortarion.gif (2MB, 2477x1739px) Image search: [Google]
Mortarion.gif
2MB, 2477x1739px
>>51861702
>>51861669
>A headbutt only works with blunt/piercing kind of attacks.
It is a wide thing, and a marine headbutting a mortal with his helmet will kill him, spike or not, while a marine headbutting another marine won't kill him, spike or not.
>Calas is the most based DG
I don't know, man.
Fun fact. Originally "The Traveller" wasn't Typhon's title.
It was Mortarion's.
>>
So, I'm working on my tournament World Eaters list. I built this up with shit I have on hand, and need to fill up another 420 points. Any advice?

World Eaters Berserker Assault – 2580 pts
-HQ-

Legion Praetor - 185
-Power Fist
- Paragon Blade
-Digital Lasers
-Iron halo

-Elites-

Apothecarion Detachment - 165
-3 Apothecaries w/Artificer Armour and Chainaxes

Red Butchers - 295
-The Devoured w/2 Chainfists

Land Raider Phobos – Dedicated Transport - 260
-Extra Armour
-Armoured Ceramite
-Auxiliary Drive

Legion Tartaros Terminator Squad - 460
-5 Additional Terminators
-10 Volkite Chargers
-5 Lightning Claws
-2 Power Fists
-3 Chainfists

Spartan Assault Tank – Dedicated Transport – 380
-Armoured Cerame
-Auxiliary Drive
-Flare Shield

-Troops-
Legion Tactical Squad - 170
-Extra CCWs
-Legion Vexilla
-Sergeant w/Artificer Armour, Power Weapon and Melta Bombs

-Extra CCWs
-Legion Vexilla
>>
>>51861828
Sicarans, likely two for AA. Bare bones that is another 330 points.
>>
>>51861828
Angron and a Caestus

>>
>>51861229
>Somebody saved my DG dude.

I'm humbled, anon.
He's waiting for a full base, expect finished pics soon.
>>
>>51861828
>>51861851
Shite, forgot to copy/paste the second section of my list. My bad.

-(More) Troops-

Legion Tactical Despoiler Squad - 165
-Exchanged CCW's
-Legion Vexilla
-Sergeant w/Artificer Armour, Power Fist and Melta Bombs

-Heavy Support-

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank - 235
-Lascannon Sponsons
-Auxiliary Drive
-Armoured Ceramite

Legion Heavy Support Squad- 160
-Autocannons

Jetbike Sky Hunter Squadron - 235
-Plasma Cannons
-Chainaxes
-Sky Hunter Sergeant w/Power Axe
>>
>>51861882
>Angron

May as well, honestly. He is slightly out of place in such a small points size, but fuck it.

Either that or add in a cortus dread and a shitty 20-man blob of shooty tacticals.
>>
>>51860938
>But why do I feel like "space wolves on volcanic sand' is code for bare plastic with only basing done
Because SW are grey and bases are black?
>>
>>51861918
>He is slightly out of place in such a small points size
You're right on this one, his many buffs are better used in a larger army
>>
>>51861984
>his many buffs

You mean giving a small bubble of fearless, and not being as good at primarch killing as The Lord of Winter and Yiffing?
>>
>>51862030
>>
>>51857412
why are you bringing augury scanner apotecharies in bolt pistol bobs, use the point to buy one of them a power weapon instead.
>>
Describe how each legion would tend to a garden. Because it hasn't been done before.
>>
>>51861828
>>51861896

am >>51861851

Here is my revised list
I am the Yiffs player though, so take this with a grain of salt

Legion Praetor - 185
-Power Fist
- Paragon Blade
-Digital Lasers
-Iron halo

-Elites-

Apothecarion Detachment - 165
-3 Apothecaries w/Artificer Armour and Chainaxes

Red Butchers - 295
-The Devoured w/2 Chainfists

Land Raider Phobos – Dedicated Transport - 260
-Extra Armour
-Armoured Ceramite
-Auxiliary Drive

Legion Tartaros Terminator Squad - 460
-5 Additional Terminators
-10 Volkite Chargers
-5 Lightning Claws
-2 Power Fists
-3 Chainfists

Spartan Assault Tank – Dedicated Transport – 380
-Armoured Cerame
-Auxiliary Drive
-Flare Shield

>Legion Terminator Squad - 265
>Cataphractii armor, 4x twin LC's
>Sgt w/ Heavy Flamer, PF, Grenade harness

>Land Raider Phobos - Dedicated Transport - 225

-Troops-
-Extra CCWs
-Legion Vexilla

-Extra CCWs
-Legion Vexilla

Legion Tactical Despoiler Squad - 165
-Exchanged CCW's
-Legion Vexilla
-Sergeant w/Artificer Armour, Power Fist and Melta Bombs

-Heavy Support-

>Legion Sicaran Battle Tank - 165
>Legion Sicaran Battle Tank - 165

Jetbike Sky Hunter Squadron - 235
-Plasma Cannons
-Chainaxes
-Sky Hunter Sergeant w/Power Axe
>>
How do I an Imperial Fists?
>>
>>51862123
That doesn't sound that bad, honestly. I would like to get another sicaran, if for no other reason than they're sexy as all fuck. I also have another cataphractii terminator squad at the ready, but they're assembled with bolters and axes.
>>
>>51862261

>A third, smaller star will surprise your enemy, the extra lascannons will help with Armor, and the Twin LC's Terminators can fuck pretty much everything up.

>Dropping the Autocannons and the spiffy-ness from the Sicaran will give you less AA than before, but protect it from pie tins and add mobility.

Plastic Cataphractii terminators are still pretty cheap on eBay at about $35 USD, and you can probably nab a base coated LR for $40.
>>
>>51854218
Any thoughts on this from previous thread? mostly doing it for giggles, and I'm away from my legions book to check to see if there had been a chief techmarine previously statted.
>>
>>51862241
Boyz, wallz, big gunz
>>
>>51862120

>>51862241
Build a series of concentric garden rings against a hill, utilizing a complex system of reinforced retaining walls and deep-rooted bushes to keep the soil held firmly in place.

>Blood angels and Ultramarines
Neoclassical garden with greco-roman sculpture, fountains, and rose bushes

>Iron Warriors
Hedge labrynth filled with nettles and briars

>Death Guard
A lot of swampy ponds surrounded by dead, mossy trees covered in fungal growth.
>>
I found out something really cool.
The power assembly from a Chainaxe, the ones with the spikes, will work as part of a Narthecium on a space marines arm.
In tangent with a Chainblade from the plastic terminators kit
>>
>>51862374
That sounds really handy. Post pics.

I need to get around to scratch-building a Gahlan Surlak.
>>
>>51862120
>Dark Angels
Burn it to the ground, salt the ashes.
>>
File: ApothProj1.jpg (9KB, 405x720px) Image search: [Google]
ApothProj1.jpg
9KB, 405x720px
>>51862391
>>
>>51862391
>>51862470
>>
Sorry for the shitty pictures, my phone was dropped on its head a lot.
>>
>>51857353
In what book did they update the cost of Assault Marines? I should know this.
What Power Weapon would you run here in a squad of 15? Axe or Sword, considering the Serg has a Fist. I can add a Chaplain to the unit too.

Also wondering so that I can give my Apothecarys some Jump Packs.
>>
>>51862300
Thanks for reposting this one. He's pretty interesting.
I'd allow him to give Vengeance ammo to his squad, not unlike Iron Father's Autek Mor rule
>>
File: OP.png (71KB, 878x422px) Image search: [Google]
OP.png
71KB, 878x422px
>>51862509
>Also wondering so that I can give my Apothecarys some Jump Packs.
You'll never find it.
>>
>>51862370
Wouldn't the EC be into that style too?
>DG garden
I would imagine they would grow plants for their poison.
>>
File: y_tho.jpg (69KB, 828x828px) Image search: [Google]
y_tho.jpg
69KB, 828x828px
>>51862491
>only namefagging when you're posting pics
>>
>>51862575
I'd expect an EC garden to look like a beautiful, sunlight-filled grow-op.
>>
>>51862598
A single perfect rose.
>>
>>51862598
>>51862613
Either of these are good.
>>
>>51862580
The trip is only on with content, or when I am making replies about my content. Everything else is Anon.
Unless you want it on all the time?
>>
>>51862640
Best just keep it off all the time.
>>
>>51862613
Which one would be the Baobab legion? And what would the DA do?
>>
Hmm, wasn't Zahariel the Ephimeteus of GK?
>>
File: 800px-GGXRD_Potemkin_ICPM.png (440KB, 800x445px) Image search: [Google]
800px-GGXRD_Potemkin_ICPM.png
440KB, 800x445px
>>51861769
>>51861702
not doing it hard enough, I say. Put the entire weight into it
>>
>>51862030
To be fair, Angron has never particularly been great at killing other primarchs barring really supporty ones like Alpharius.

He should be the ultimate mulcher of infantry blobs
>>
>>51858382
What kind of tyrant tells people to NOT worship him?

He tells folks to get in the Imperium, not be his personal slaves. Hell he has to do politics like everyone else. See the Ordo Sinister fluff for him sweet talking the Ad Mech fabricator general after his mech people had concerns.

Also ADB does a great job of showing a more human and logical Emperor who clearly is sick of chaos shits causing all sorts of problems, and likes actual born people more than super egotistical genetically engineered primarchs shouldn't be a cause for concern.

Why shouldn't a dad vent to his favorite and most loyal bodyguard? Pissed and confused his plan went off the rails or that his dipshit kids are fucking up and playing imaginary friends with giant warp entities who think they are gods.
>>
>>51858873
Its time to retcon the horus heresy.
>Emperor and his super secret project of the most mary sue OP perpetual/primarch/cheesetodes hybrid inaginablr comes to save the day and utterly ass rapes Horus in a second.
>surprise it was actually in an alternate 30k that never happened in the 40k we know and love
>asspull to recognize different 40k dimensions so all the neckbeards can have their headcanons or favorite pieces of old canon matter and GW frees themselves to do whatever they want in terms of models and fluff.
>>
>>51862518
thinking basic forge lord, bump to 3w, add master of the legion? (would actually be a drawback since he'd be competing with maun at low points, but fits the fluff)

So far all I've found as wargear mentions are cataphractii and an early prototype of a servo harness sometime near the battle of yarant.
>>
>>51862509
I would run power axes because swords/maces aint doing shit against 2+ armour and most of the time they are swinging at init 1 as well.

And if something in mincing you so hard that the axe-bearers die before they can swing you were probably fucked from the start and swords/maces wouldn't really have helped.
(Exceptions are like weapon master vets with power swords, but why are you fighting those in the first place?)

All in all, you're mainly fighting init 4 enemies so as long your unit doesn't die before the init 1 step pushing a few attacks to init 1 wouldn't change the battle outcome.
>>
>>51862838
>Also ADB does a great job of showing a more human and logical Emperor who clearly is sick of chaos shits causing all sorts of problems
Yet at the same time his comments on the Fall of the Eldar indicate a such a popsci knowledge of the universe he's working with that I'm half convinced Malcador is Tsoukalos.
>>
>>51862871
Hell, I'd be okay with it. Consistent, coherent 40k lore? Burn it the fuck down.
>>
>>51862877
>>51862509
Another important reason to use power axes is that these exist.
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-SE/Cataphractii-Power-Axe-Set
No sword/mace is ever going to be as cool as these.
>>
>>51862736
>someone is using my filename
Nice.
>>
File: tumblr_odlvweof881qeuntxo6_1280.jpg (462KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_odlvweof881qeuntxo6_1280.jpg
462KB, 1080x1920px
>>51862901
The truth, right there. Power chainaxes on my termis? Yes please.

I really have to take better pictures of my Terminators some time.
>>
>>51862932
I may have ordered 3 of those sets for my assault squad, vigilator, and chaplain.
Bonus: you get cool chain bayonets too!
>>
I wish we'd have more fluff about the various techno-barbarian states and the Unification Wars 2bh
>>
Yeah, it doesn't make much practical sense. The idea of DG with helmet spikes was something that came along with Jes Goodwin was designing Plague Marines, because it was a visual tie to Plaguebearers. Later on, it ended up being carried over to their pre-Heresy aesthetic as well, so it doesn't really make much sense anymore.

You could argue it's a reference to German pickelhaube helmets, which used the spike as a mount for a horsehair plume, but I think the resemblance there is coincidental.

It could work if the DG are sitting in a trench, and some assholes start trying to assault over the top of the trench. Fall straight onto the spikes and get their dicks impaled.
>>
>>51863145
Accidentally deleted the link to >>51861455 while writing.
>>
Quick /HHG/, I need all of your assault cannon memes.
>>
>>51862932
TFW you had to pay $26 AUD just for a single five-pack of those axes
>>
>>51863174
There are alternatives.
>>
>>51863325
Yeah, I only managed to get an email for Chinabro very recently though. I suspect it's easier to find child porn or illegal arms dealers online at this point.
>>
File: 1459542417829.jpg (638KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1459542417829.jpg
638KB, 3264x2448px
>>51863163
>>
How efficient would a force of 50/50 Custodes/SoS be? I'd like to run Valdor and Krole together since I like them so much.
>>
>>51863376

Recast axes are illegal arms.
>>
File: WB char.jpg (12KB, 243x207px) Image search: [Google]
WB char.jpg
12KB, 243x207px
Word Bearers 2500pts
Lorgar joins the Gal Vorbak in the Kharybdis, beats face. 2 Xiphons are for AA and Anti-Tank. Chapps and Apoths join Assault Squads

HQ – 320
50 Legion Centurion (1)
35 Consul – Chaplain
10 Artificer Armour
10 Refractor Shield
20 Jump Pack
30 Burning Lore
5 Melta Bombs

50 Legion Centurion (2)
35 Consul – Chaplain
10 Artificer Armour
10 Refractor Shield
20 Jump Pack
30 Burning Lore
5 Melta Bombs

Elites – 375
200 Gal Vorbak
10 Power Maul x1
10 Artificer Armour (Dark Marytr)
15 Power Fist (Dark Marytr)

90 Apothecary x2
20 Jump Pack x2
30 Power Sword x2

TROOPS-590
175 Legion Assault Squad (1)
65 Additional Assault Marines x5
30 Power Weapon -Sword x3
15 Power Fist (Sergeant)
10 Artificer Armour (Sergeant)

65 Additional Assault Marines x5
30 Power Weapon -Sword x3
15 Power Fist (Sergeant)
10 Artificer Armour (Sergeant)

FAST ATTACK – 440
205 Xiphon Pattern Interceptor
10 Ground Tracking Auguries
5 Chaff Launchers

205 Xiphon Pattern Interceptor
10 Ground Tracking Auguries
5 Chaff Launchers

HEAVY SUPPORT – 235
235 Kharybdis Assault Claw

LORD OF WAR – 450
375 Lorgar
75 Transfigured

This puts me at 2410pts, and 90pts remain. I could add in a solo Quad Mortar, or maybe swap out the Xiphons for Primaris Lightnings? I only own the Kharybdis and Gal Vorbak at the moment. Maybe find a way to drop a few points to add in a Primaris Medicae with Power Axe and AA into the Deathstar?
>>
>>51863614
That's really uncomfortable to look at
>>
>>51863635
I'd worry that this army when facing CC focused foes like WE or EC, it won't have the 'umph' to take it out. While fast, it is to dependent on Lorgar and crew (who really need the Primarus for suitability).
Maybe swap out 1 Assault Squad for 20man Tactical, and then sneak in a Medusa?
>>
would pic related pass for something in 30K?

I'm making a Double Butcher Contemptor for my CSM and am wondering about the crossover.
>>
Question about SoH's Long March RoW's Relentless March: Is it applied squad by squad basis, or whole army basis?

Suppose I have 5 squads and each squads have 5 models. Does whole army get benefitted one USR by 3 of those squads' location, or each squad get benefitted differently by 3 of their models' location?
>>
File: ButcherCannon00.jpg (18KB, 703x276px) Image search: [Google]
ButcherCannon00.jpg
18KB, 703x276px
>>51863735
fuck me...
>>
>>51863739
It's on a per unit basis
>>
>>51863743

Contemptor Mortis with assault cannon arms.
>>
>>51863735
Sounds like a mortis with dual tl autocannons to me
>>
>>51863750
>auto*
>>
>>51863746
So one unit can have Relentless while the other's having Crusader then?
>>
>>51863750
>>51863752

That's what I was thinking. Not sure if they're better than the assault cannons, though.
>>
Can Apothercaries now be attached to any non-TDA Legion special infantry units?
>>
>>51863848
Yes. And if the apothecary has a jump pack he can be attached to any unit with a jump pack, same thing with giving him a bike.
>>
>>51863791
That's how I understand it yes units in your deployment zone have relentless and exchange it for fleet as they pass into no mans land and then it turns into crusader once in the enemy zone
>>
>>51863796
They're not but that's what they look like
>>
>>51863614
I love it
>>
File: image.jpg (291KB, 1000x674px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
291KB, 1000x674px
>The iron-bitter lessons of Fenris' eternal wolf-wars
>wolf-wars

Oh my fuck.
>>
>>51863996
>IHs get bitter iron
>SWs get bitter iron
IW shafted again.
>>
>>51861110
Is everything on Isstvan dangerous?
>can I walk across sand dune?
>no, is bomb
>can I hide in shell crater?
>no, is bomb
>am safe next to crevasse, yes?
>no, is bomb
>we use tunnels, get around enemy
>no, is bomb, everything is bomb
>>
When apothecary is attached to a unit that has outflank and/or scout and/or infiltrate, does the whole unit loses ability to do such thing?
>>
>>51860537
Thank you, man! All sacrifices for Magnus and his sons are worth every second!
>>
>>51864293
And yet all the named characters survived it.
Other than Tarvitz.
>>
>>51864457
Not the WE guy and that Contemptor I think.

Also Nero, Tarik and others in novel, sadly.
>>
File: spinning_DG.gif (3MB, 614x461px) Image search: [Google]
spinning_DG.gif
3MB, 614x461px
>>51861260
>>
>>51864478
Beautiful.
>>
>>51864394
as per the BRB an apothecary is counted as a member of the squad who gets upgraded, this means he retains the skills to pay the bills and yes he can infiltrate.
>>
>>51863614
At least it's just shit chinacast that has been ruined and not a good FW model.
>>
File: 92-93.jpg (138KB, 489x674px) Image search: [Google]
92-93.jpg
138KB, 489x674px
Is everyone ready for more armour autism?
>>
File: 1487750766630.jpg (92KB, 760x614px) Image search: [Google]
1487750766630.jpg
92KB, 760x614px
>FW event only Ixion Hale
>Selling for $120
>FUCK THAT
>Literally just now find a Chinacast one for $30 that looks amazing

Ok serious question. Why do some people not like Chinacast for some stuff?
>>
File: Siege_Imperial_Palace.jpg (100KB, 741x316px) Image search: [Google]
Siege_Imperial_Palace.jpg
100KB, 741x316px
>>51856187
>THE TRAITORS ARE ADVANCING ON THE PALACE !

QUICKLY! Select three Legions who will stand in its defence !
Five Traitor Legions selected from the remaining pool will then begin the siege.
>>
>>51864684
Well, can't expect any customer service like replacement is one thing, and I don't like their resin. I do a lot of conversions and theirs is to... stiff? hard? It feels weird.
>>
>>51864715
Imperial Fists, Iron Warriors, Ultramarines.
>>
>>51864715
are we talking traditional breakdown or not? if not, IW, IF, IH. If so, IH, SM, IF.
>>
>>51864681
I'm more curious about what was it... Saturnine? pattern armour that never gets mentioned.
>>
File: custodian-warder.jpg (91KB, 496x876px) Image search: [Google]
custodian-warder.jpg
91KB, 496x876px
>>51864721
Does it feel brittle and/or heavier compared to the FW counterparts?

Is the quality usually decent?
>>
>>51862874
>bump to 3w, add master of the legion
No to both of these, he isn't important enough to warrant 3 wounds or be a master of the legion, the only seem to be there because you want your homebrew guy to be survivable and relevant.

Maybe something like a regular forge lord with whatever gear you want to give him then he makes one/three/D3 squads bolt pistols, bolters and combi-bolters to vengeance rounds and also grants one vehicle stealth and outflank to represent those sneaky shields?
>>
>>51864741
We don't know anything about that one, sadly. There's an old Rogue Trader Terminator armour that people seem to think is Saturnine, ever since it reappeared in an internal illustration in the Meduson novella, but that's just fan speculation that got repeated enough for people to start taking it as canon.
>>
>>51864743
Weightwise lighter in my opinion. And yes more brittle. How should I say it... When you try to cut it FW resin is pretty tough. Like a meat, sort of. Chinacast one is however hard at first, and breaks into 2.

Qualitywise it's not bad for its price I say.
>>
>>51864781
>>51864743
>>51864721
That depends on which chinacaster you use since they use different resins. Quite a few of them have changed to some eco-resin as well lately which appearantly is even better than FWs.
>>
>>51864781
Interesting, it sounds like it's the same strength as FW material from pre-2010.

How do the vehicles fare? I'm tempted to grab a squad of Pallas Grav Tanks from the same seller.

Thank you for the help, by the way.
>>
>>51863614
>disable leviathan's legs and waist joint at a distance
>stand between the cannons' firing trajectories, up really close
>leviathan can't shoot you, or grind you up with its CCWs
>shoot it to your heart's content while it can't do jack to you, except maybe deafen you with its cannons (but you're probably equipped for that)
It's like the Knight firing arc FAQ all over again.
>>
Would taking a Telekinesis Praetor for 3++ himself and troop Sekhmets be a bad idea?
>>
>>51864807
What I bought was yellow and dark-grey ones. Not sure which Chinacaster was that.
>>
>>51864813
No.
>>
>>51864733
>Under the leadership off Konrad Curze the Arch Traitor the fallen legions of the Blood Angels who fell to Khorne, Iron Hands who were seduced by Nurgle, the Raven Guard who follow their new master Slaanesh and the Luna Wolves who were led astray by Tzeentch have arrived in Orbit !

>>51864734
You may select any Legions, so IW, IF, IH
> Led by the former favored son of the Emperor Magnus the Red King of Sorcerers the traitorous legions have arrived at Terra ! They are the Khornate Blood Angels, the Ultramarines who have traded their former glory for the embrace of Nurgle, the Death Guard who fell to the promise of excess whispered bby Slaanesh and the Emperor's Children who got entrapped in Dark Dealings with the Changer of Ways Tzeentch !

STATE YOUR BATTLE PLANS !
>>
>>51863618
... Well played.
>>
>>51864818
Here's what I'm looking at.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Legio-Custodes-Caladius-Grav-tank-/262862787089?hash=item3d33d7d211:g:kLMAAOSwImRYORn6
>>
Master of Prospero as OCR PDF.
https://mega.nz/#!F0cVHaZR!PG0VdH63RQHVRlki5ynD5jmjIDN9NHPAjNTi_ojRtOM
>>
Just getting into 30k. I was wondering, are the 4 Space Marine Psyker Disciplines available in 30k? I mean Technomancy, Librarius, Geomancy and Fulmination.
>>
File: DE termi armour.png (361KB, 974x508px) Image search: [Google]
DE termi armour.png
361KB, 974x508px
>>51864776
The description of the terminator armour in Deeds Endure certainly sounds like saturnine though, with its extra armour, heavy weapons, and additional heavy weapons mounted on their backs. It's the tri-barrelled autocannon that really clinches it, that's such a specific thing from the most famous artwork of satunine.
>>
>>51864876
No chance of something that won't be utterly unreadable on my Kindle?
>>
>>51864827
>IW, IF, UM vs NL, BA, IH, RG and SoH
Well, I have numbers, Dorn and Perty on my side during a Siege, so this shouldn't be hard.
I send a single assassin to deal with Curze, try to lure the Iron Hands into the thickest parts of the hive so their tanks won't work. Set up an Iron Cage deal and b8 the BA into deepstriking on the wrong end of it, the main strength of the RG is stealth and it's hard to imagine a slaanesh force keeping quiet so they won't be too hard.

Now that I think about it, I should have said TSons so Magnus could sit in the throne and let the Emperor autowin.
>>
>>51864914
No.
>>
>>51864928
sorry, they're the images Scanon posted earlier.
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 640x481px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 640x481px
>>51864921
Why it suspiciously looks like to upcoming Custodes heavy dreadnought
>>
>>51864921
Is that design ever directly referred to as a Saturnine?
>>
>>51864921
And how the fuck does that thing look sideways again?
>>
>>51864914
Not currently. If the next edition of 40k brings them into the main rulebook then they will be, but at the moment, with them only being in supplements/campaign books, no.
>>
>>51864921
... Wasn't that just the official interior artwork from the book?

AFAIK, Saturnine has never actually been described, or shown in an illustration that was specifically said to show Saturnine armour, there's only been a passing reference to it functioning more-or-less like standard Terminator armour. Certainly nothing about it being a dedicated heavy weapons platform - that just sounds like what I said about fans assuming that it's the Saturnine because other fans (not official sources) said it must be.
>>
>>51864813
>are 2w 2+/3++ termies bad idea

Yep.
>>
>>51864944
Ah well, it'll do for now, I guess.
>>
>>51864988
Well I heard that Telek is generally an underwhelming discipline I was afraid it might be a waste to choose it for ML3 Praetor.
>>
>>51864972
Damn, I was hoping to give my Iron Hands a Technomancy Librarian.
>>
>>51865002
You don't have to choose the same discipline as your cult, you just manifest on a 4+ like all the other plebs if you don't.
>>
>>51864958
I think FW hinted that the Custodes Aquilon Terminator armour will take inspiration from that old Rogue Trader Terminator design. Wouldn't be surprised if the heavy Dread has the same aesthetic, like how the Contemptor is aesthetically linked with Tartaros armour.
>>
>>51865002
Mate, you will have enough powers to fling around. Prescience on vets alone will require four dice, termies can pop Levitation or Force for two then Maelstorm for six, and so on.

Taking shit powers to make your termies hideously survivable is perfectly alright as long as you have enough powers to spend all your charges on. Also, what >>51865024 said.
>>
>>51864966
No. People just assume it is because Saturnine's not been shown, and it's an unknown pattern of Terminator armour, therefore one must be the other.
>>
>>51864876

You have my thanks. It's always good to see my raw work polished up and made more presentable. Like Archivebro's fine work creating the Book PDFs.

I'd ask that this and my Raw link be placed in the OP of the next thread, so as many people can get them as possible. I want to make sure as many people as possible get to enjoy my work.
>>
>One of the wonders of the galaxy, it had been his sanctum
sanctorum, the representation of all that was great and noble on
Prospero. It had contained his greatest treasures: texts dating back
to mankind's first impressions on day; its blind, stumbling strides
into science and philosophy; its great dramatic literature, and irreplaceable
works of art

>tfw Magnus and his sons gathered around to watch movies and anime together every Saturday night

Cute
>>
>>51865098
Didn't they have bloody Necronomicon or something in their public library?
>>
>>51865068
Just doing God's work, Scanon.

As you're around, any news on Inferno? Also, I'd like to make a personal request in the future - IA 14 Fires of Cyraxus :)
>>
>>51865109
Not Scanon, but if you want Cyraxus, I've heard FW might be teaming up with Valve to sell it alongside HL3.
>>
>>51865102
And a bunch of other random shit like the Voynich Manuscript and the Codex Seraphinianus. You would think McNeill would be able to reference some more slightly obscure texts.
>>
>>51865109

When it arrives, the thread will know about it.
>>
>>51865034
>>51865024
Don't forget that on your HQs you can buy Arcane Litanies. This gives you a bit of breathing space in case you need to shit out extra charges to harness on 4+.
>>
>>51865143
yey!

>>51865119
If Duke Nukem Forever and China Democracy happened, HL3 and FoC will too
>tfw those goddamn long-waited things all came as crap
>>
File: Mk_2_Termi_Armour.jpg (156KB, 654x460px) Image search: [Google]
Mk_2_Termi_Armour.jpg
156KB, 654x460px
>>51865055
I seem to recall seeing some WD page or something where the Hugh McPauldrons was referred to as a MkI terminator while pic related was a MkII and I think the thing that was closest to modern day Indomitus was a MkIII.

Shame FW didn't keep the old numbering for anything other than PA. Instead of MkI Rhino we got the Deimos and instead of MkI land raider we get the Proteus.
>>
>>51865182
Incidentally, this makes Biomancy and Telepathy the safe disciplines since the primaris are WC1, they only have two WC2 powers and no WC3.
>>
Is Perfect Timing useless on vehicles? Sigh.
>>
>>51865190
>HL3
Careful, you've just jinxed it for another decade.
>>
>>51865219
Yep, targets the psyker and his unit.
>>
>>51865199
I was re-reading the Ebon Drake bit of book 6 the other day, and happened to notice that Cassian Dracos is described as being a "mark IV dreadnought" when they dig him up.
>>
>>51865235
So Rapiers instead then. Sigh again for my wallet.
>>
>>51864478
Thank you
>How playing with sensibility 20 looks like.
>>
File: mkIVdread.jpg (72KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
mkIVdread.jpg
72KB, 800x680px
>>51865254
MkIV dreads have been a thing for ages before HH.
>>
>>51865254
MK 4 boxnoughts appear to be the ones with the head poking out like >>51865284 rather than the ones with an enclosed sarcophagus.
>>
>>51864681
Tartaros spammers BTFO'd
All four of them :^)
>>
>>51865284
>>51865302
Is that an actual head with helmet on?
>>
>>51865284
Yeah, but I just thought Book 6 is recent by forgeworld timscales anyway so maybe they're still using some of that terminology.
>>
>>51865307
Could just be sensor equipment shaped like a head, or an actual helmet.
>>
>>51865284
What are Marks one through three like?
>>
>>51865307
No. It's like a Contemptor. Just meant to look like a head; it's all relays and wiring with the body being deep in the center.
>>
File: 99120101116_MurderFang360.jpg (141KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120101116_MurderFang360.jpg
141KB, 600x620px
>>51865307
>>51865319
actual head
>>
>His power was brutally direct, yet it was without arrogance, leavened with open features that broke into a ready smile at the sight of Magnus.
>”The Meterologicus feared you taken by the magna-storm,’ said Perturabo, his words beaten upon the air like forge hammers on hot metal. ’But I told them it would take more than a city—killing storm to bring down Magnus the Red.’
>’Had we waited a minute longer before abandoning Zharrukin, they would have been right,’ said Magnus. 'But what I learned in that final minute may make all the difference, brother.’
>The primarchs embraced, like armoured beasts seeking to assert dominance over a rival. They came apart and Atharva saw no rivalry, only shared brotherhood.
>Brother. That word again...
>The primarchs were so different in aspect and power, so diametrically opposed it seemed lunacy to imagine them springing from the same genetic root. But to look deeper was to see a shared passion for artistry and hidden knowledge, a love of beauty and the art of rendering wonders.
>>
>>51865335
So fucking stupid looking.

This has been the only case of that happening. Lore has always dictated otherwise.
>>
If Magus the Red casts invisibility in a forest and there's no one around to see it, has he actually cast it?
>>
>>51865336
>his words beaten upon the air like forge hammers on hot metal
What does that even mean.
>The primarchs embraced, like armoured beasts seeking to assert dominance over a rival
Aaaaaaaaaaargh.
>>
>>51865336
HH black book Pert is a mega-asshole
BL Pert is soft art, culture lover

Make up your mind damn it
>>
>>51865355
too late anon, we live in interesting times
>>
>>51865356
And does the Lion still hate the forest?
>>
>>51865355
But if you look at certain parts of the Venerable Dreadnought kit, beneath the covering plate, there's a power-armoured torso sticking out of the innards of the machine.
>>
File: Lion_kretschmann_by_slaine69.jpg (239KB, 827x1104px) Image search: [Google]
Lion_kretschmann_by_slaine69.jpg
239KB, 827x1104px
>>51865375
I don't like trees. They're coarse and rough and irritating and they grow everywhere.
>>
>>51865335
Yeah, but that's the Wolves. Those fuckers don't know what a helmet is for.
>>
>>51865367

Why not both?
Emperor Justinean had no issues murdering the majority of the population in Southern Italy, yet at the same time, was a enthusiastic art collector (and builder)
>>
>>51865401
>Lion o'Hare
>>
File: I'm serious.gif (3MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
I'm serious.gif
3MB, 286x258px
>>51865356
>>51865375
>If Magus the Red casts invisibility in a forest and there's no one around to see it, has he actually cast it?
>And does the Lion still hate the forest?
I fucking love this general, and I hate myself for it.
>>
File: lets dance.gif (3MB, 200x155px) Image search: [Google]
lets dance.gif
3MB, 200x155px
>>51865362
>>his words beaten upon the air like forge hammers on hot metal
>What does that even mean.
Like this, but with more hands and more anime
>>
File: venerable-dreadnought.jpg (59KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
venerable-dreadnought.jpg
59KB, 800x800px
>>51865319
>>51865307
If you look at the venerable dread, under the front plate you'll find a Marine's torso, onto which you mount the head.
>>
>>51865431
So, what, that's how Pertuarbo dances?
>>
>>51865442
I imagine it's supposed to be a depiction of the guy in life rather than his actual torso sticking out the front of the dread.
>>
>>51865442
>TFW models misrepresent canon at times
>>
>Hathor Maat eased a measure of his psychic senses outwards, his perception of the man’s biology superior to any natthecium. Tephra’s lungs were all but dissolved by months of breathing pyroclastic ash from the volcano's smouldering peak.
>Reaching out to place a hand upon Tephra's shoulder, Hathor Maat let his power — his Pavoni power — flow into the man's flesh. lt threaded damaged blood vessels all the way into his chest, where it renewed damaged bronchioles and purged the lung tissue of toxic materials.
>Tephra’s breathing eased almost instantly, and he looked up at the legionary in wonderment.
>>
>>51865467
Then why is it hidden underneath the front plate? Why does it look like it's on life support rather than some glorified edifice?
>>
>>51865476
So what's the point of the view slit on the sarcophagus is the Marine's not behind it? Shouldn't you just replace it with an array of sensors?
>>
>>51865488
Sexy.
>>
>>51865488
>Hathor Maat let his power — his Pavoni power — flow into the man's flesh
L-lewd.
>>
File: 1486832510480.gif (610KB, 360x301px) Image search: [Google]
1486832510480.gif
610KB, 360x301px
>>51865451
But in bitter
>>
>>51865403
nope: >>51865442

it is canon, anon
>>
>>51865527
>>51865518
Pavonii-chan
>>
>>51865529
"Intensifies" is supposed to be a jittery gif that looks like it's on continuous loop.
>>
>’The lmperium is better off without such fools,’ said Phosis T’kar. ’Why should we waste time and energy trying to help those who will not help themselves?’
>Perturabo leaned over the plotting table, and Phosis T‘kar recoiled from the flint in his gaze. When the primarch spoke it was with the measured tones of a disappointed teacher.
>’For the same reason I would not allow a child to pick flowers on the edge of a cliff, no matter how bright the blooms,’ said Perturabo. ’For the same reason I would not let you wander the minefields before this fortress without a Fourth Legion map and the training to interpret it. We must put aside such childish ignorance and do what is right. Now do you understand why we must help as many of Momingstar’s people as we can?’

Perty's characterization is surprisingly positive.
>>
File: 1486538421944.jpg (20KB, 480x348px) Image search: [Google]
1486538421944.jpg
20KB, 480x348px
>>51865442
>>51865540
I dislike this more than I dislike Lorgar.
>>
File: Custodes_mk_I_Contemptor.jpg (99KB, 620x414px) Image search: [Google]
Custodes_mk_I_Contemptor.jpg
99KB, 620x414px
>>51865507
In 99% of lore shown from the past decade; including todays, the body of the user it fitted with horrendous amounts of uplinks and sensor nodes.

It sees from every angle of the unit's front/partial sides while the front visor or eye lenses serve as primary sensor sections that it defaults to. If the user inside still has functioning eyes they can probably see out of the visor or lenses, but the sensor units are far more useful by miles. They usually look out themselves when confronted with brothers or things they want to see with their own eyes.

A great current example of this is the Custodes Dreadnought in The Master Of Mankind.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>51865564
Well duh. You can't decimate the child if he gets himself killed before rolling the dice.
>>
File: WIP-2-Space-Wolves-Dreadnought.jpg (99KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
WIP-2-Space-Wolves-Dreadnought.jpg
99KB, 1024x1024px
>>51865403
The kit comes with two helmets. Murderfag is just some snowflake.
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>51865577
>that pic
>master of mankind
What.
>>51865583
Alright, but just so everyone knows, 1s are decimated.
>>
>>51862098
Thanks Anon, see you in the new bread
>>
>>51865577
Marine helmets are fitted with sensors and cameras as well. Why can't the dread helmet be, while still housing the Marine's head?

Why do all the depictions I see show the Marine being housed behind the sarcophagus lid on the MkV, but on the MkIV he's deeper inside the make room for this imitation of him that's also hidden under extra plating?
>>
>>51865577
>art from early 2000's
>current
>>
>>51865635
>>51865592

The art is simply a Custodes Dreadnought from Collected Visions. The book Master Of Mankind, that is the most recent HH novel, features Sagittarius The First, a Contemptor Class Custode Dreadnought.

>>51865618
Probably because the marine head inside is too easy of a real target and a serious armor penetrating round would annihilate him; as opposed to him being behind thick as fuck armor a little behind it.

There was a BL novel a few years ago that had some Chaos Marine rip a Dreadnought interior out; got pissed he had to dig through so much, only to dig out a ruined torso with spinal column juttting out and a half cooked face showing mostly skeletal features that hisses as it dies.
>>
Would 40k Ahriman w/o disk, backpack, and maybe a helmet change make viable 30k TS Praetor?

Fucking force staff. I'll call it a paragon blade or something.
>>
>>51865695
>Probably because the marine head inside is too easy of a real target and a serious armor penetrating round would annihilate him; as opposed to him being behind thick as fuck armor a little behind it.

So you are saying the Marine's not behind the sarcophagus, but way deeper inside the dread? Because what stops someone from just shooting center mass of the dreadnought and killing the pilot behind the slab, rather than trying to snipe his armoured head through a small opening? I mean, view slits on old tanks were a quick and easy way to get to the driver and crew, but most of the time you shot the tank anywhere you could, because "just shoot the weak spot" isn't something done easily.

Why do you think we got armour piercing bullets, rather than just aiming for the unarmoured head?
>>
>Magnus had never been hurt before. Not truly.
>He had allowed himself to suffer cuts and bmises when it suited his purposes to allow his sons to see him bleed alongside them, but nothing like this. He had even suffered more severe wounds to better understand the experience, but that had been entirely controlled.
>Only as the superheated beam destroyed his flesh did he fully appreciate how cowardly that had been.
>>
>>51865761
Most lore shows the marine is basically smack dab in the middle, yes.

It's easier to protect than having some small arms fire crack through the visor and end him.
>>
MK3 or MK4: Which one would you use for your Vets?
>>
>>51865868
>>
>>51865858
Vets should be a mix of armor types; but featuring an eclectic mix of anything going back to MK II all that way to MK V.
>>
>>51865778
Well, small arms fire can just as well go through the view slit on a MkV and end him. Or the lens on a Marine's helmet. Or through the window of a Rhino.
>>
File: ahri2-500x381.jpg (39KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
ahri2-500x381.jpg
39KB, 500x381px
>>51865760
I'm not one to say no to proxies, counts as or conversions and if you can make it work more power to you, but I feel that 40k Ahriman is too big and too ornate in a distinctly Tzeentchy way for that to work without something a lot more drastic than a head swap.
>>
>>51865895
>You versus the guy she tells you not to worry about

I agree with you though.
30k Ahriman looks like a bookworm (as far as a superhuman fighting machine can be, trying to hold his legion together in the defence against the blind destruction wrought by the Space Wolves. He still looks "human" or "mortal".

40k Ahriman looks sinister and macabre, like the 10,000 year old sorcerer serving a sinister god trying to destroy the Imperium.
Totally different characters.
>>
>>51864478
>destroyer_gun_kata.gif
>>
>>51857032
>Not Habisch Ferengstein
>>
>>51863614
those asscans are upside down
>>
>>51865577
I recall a line in Betrayer saying that the "head" of a contemptor is there just to make the dread look more human shaped, with the actual body being deep inside the sarcofagus,
>>
>>51865403
Space Wolves don't wear helmets because the helmet mitigates their natural senses which are supposed to be 10x more precise than any other Astartes'. But at the same time, everytime I read that, I think of this:

https://youtu.be/uX7qIHs3nLE?t=28s
>>
File: 30kyiff.jpg (1001KB, 3104x1916px) Image search: [Google]
30kyiff.jpg
1001KB, 3104x1916px
>>51867265
shit, just done a helmet conversion for a space wolf sergeant/thegn.
>>
I'm contemplating getting a Knight-Errant to team with my Iron Hands. Am I reading the rules wrong, or can you make them into not only a Battlesmith, but also a level 2 Psyker? I can't find anything that says they are mutually exclusive upgrades.
>>
guys, how do you pronounce volkite?
a. vol-kee-te
b. vol-ka-i-te
>>
>>51867763
Vol- kite
>>
>>51867265
As a yiffs player, I feel like they just think they have better senses than other astartes.
But it's fucking retarded and I am modeling 9/10 of my marines with covered helms.
Thread posts: 424
Thread images: 88

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.