[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RPG system riddle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: the-riddler2.jpg (88KB, 405x376px) Image search: [Google]
the-riddler2.jpg
88KB, 405x376px
Give me RPG system that has those:

- out of the box expierience, no tweaking
- massive bestiary, preferable weaponry and itemry also(as in not kickstarter/singleton book crap with 30 monsters)
- no rigid classes, anyone can pick locks, stealth, maybe magic
>>
I don't think there is an RPG that matches all of your criteria to the letter. The "massive bestiary" is the biggest stumbling block, as D&D and OSR derivatives are essentially the only systems I can think of which regularly churns out dozens of bestiary entries, and those are obviously class-based.

Next closest thing, maybe BRP or D6, but those need tweaking.
>>
>>51851762
Anything FFG pumps out has enough stat blocks to rival dnd.

They make "core" lines for a setting, then release splat books for those line but make them teniously connected so they might be able to use together. Kinda like the mess that was oWoD and the clan, tradition and tribe books.
>>
>>51851762
Classes are ok, but i don't like the fact that warrior for example can't sneak past something or pick locks. Like in baldurs gate. How is OSR with that? Or maybe some DnD edition that is less rigid with class roles.
>>
>>51851875
Oh, so you just want any D&D that isn't 3.PF.
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 215x235px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 215x235px
>>51851805
What is a :
stat block
splat book
>>
>>51851976
Lurk moar or google them.
>>
>>51851915
Oh, nice. So should i grab DnD 2,4, or 5? What will fill the out of the box experience to the fullest, with not much tweaking.

>>51851762
What are some good OSR games?
>>
>>51852077
Probably B/X.
>>
>>51851657
Mutants and masterminds
>>
>>51852281
Nice answer, thx. I didn't specify theme, but that's my fault becouse I didn't think somebody would make huge system with big bestiary based on american superpants heroes.
>>
>>51851657
Ok , disregard the last point fellow /tg anons.

Only those do apply now:
- out of the box expierience, no tweaking
- massive bestiary, preferable weaponry and itemry also(as in not kickstarter/singleton book crap with 30 monsters)
>>
>>51852650
Dungeon World.
>>
>>51852873
Does it have massive bestiary that is detailed?
With what books should i start if I want to play ASAP? Is it good for minis?
>>
>>51853651
>Does it have massive bestiary that is detailed?
Yes.

With what books should i start if I want to play ASAP?
Dungeon World.

Is it good for minis?
No.
>>
>>51853651
It sure does. My last session my warrior wrestled a vampire out of the window. That's real roleplaying right there.
>>
>>51854006
>my warrior wrestled a vampire out of the window
Is this a meme?
https://www.google.pl/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#safe=off&q=+wrestled+a+vampire+out+of+the+window+dungeon+world&*
>>
>>51853990
Why not good for minis? No flanking etc?
That sadens me
>>
>>51851657

Dungeon Fantasy box set

>>51852077
>Oh, nice. So should i grab DnD 2,4, or 5? What will fill the out of the box experience to the fullest, with not much tweaking.

If you're going D&D, 5E
>>
>>51854281
No flanking, no grid movement, no initiative.
>>
File: Noooo.jpg (31KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
Noooo.jpg
31KB, 400x299px
>>51855079
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.