[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meanwhile, on the Wheel of /tg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 282
Thread images: 52

The wheel of /tg/ turns, and pages come and pass, leaving posts that become memes. Meme fades into copypasta, and even copypasta is long forgotten then the page that gave it birth comes again. In one page, called the first page, a page yet to come, a page long past, anon made a Wheelo f time thread. The thread was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor ends to the turning of the wheel of /tg/. But it was a beginning.
>>
>>51850487
>Wheelo f.
Poor wheelo.
F
I didn't know was a "Pay respect's" thread.
>>
>>51850487
I AM REBORN!
RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>51850487

Isn't Rand supposed to be significantly taller than either of his friends? Like, an entire head higher at least?
>>
File: 250px-IgnikaEdited.png (134KB, 250x325px) Image search: [Google]
250px-IgnikaEdited.png
134KB, 250x325px
>>51850487
It is said that all endings are merely beginnings, waiting to be born.
My beginning was much the same.
>>
>>51850487
Had a friend try to run the 3.pf Wheel of Time game. It was pretty shite. Also, he was pretty shite.
>>
>>51850525
I thought Perrin was the tallest.
>>
File: Spin on Wheel of Genders.png (2MB, 1280x810px) Image search: [Google]
Spin on Wheel of Genders.png
2MB, 1280x810px
>>51850487
I need masculinism, because the number of female Aes Sedai is highly problematic!
>>
Wheel of Time isn't a good series
>>
>>51850598
Rand is tallest because Aiel are tallest. Perrin is just built like a tank because blacksmithing does that to you I guess?
>>
>>51852355

Perrin was always built like a brick shithouse. The blacksmithing helped build on the foundation that was already there. Rand is canonically tallest. Mat is best. That is all.
>>
>>51852324

I love it anyway. Retarded cast and all.
>>
>>51850487
QUICKLY RUFFLE MY SKIRTS!

ITS BEEN PAGES AND PAGES!
>>
>>51852387
Mat is a shit. A SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
>>
>>51850790

The Mat one made me laugh. Also, Avienda a best. Fight me all you Min and Elayne loving faggots.
>>
>>51852419

What kind of faggot are you not to recognize the stupendous glory of Mat?
>>
>>51850567
Kind of had the same, but it was a mixed game. So my Wilder was playing with what amounted to a gatling gun with a dwarf to carry it around, and none of us knew where we were or what was happening. We didn't really give our systems a chance, it was just something short and quirky. I do recall that concentration boosters being more plentiful was dearly desirable, and that Air was glorious.
>>
>>51850487
Hey /tg/, I recently discovered that I'm able to channel (m). How do I avoid going crazy for as long as possible, and how do I not get captured and gentled by the Red Ajah?
>>
>>51850487
Remember when we were all hyped for the TV premiere?
>>
>>51854618
>Hey /tg/, I recently discovered that I'm able to channel (m). How do I avoid going crazy for as long as possible, and how do I not get captured and gentled by the Red Ajah?

Step 1: HOLY FUCKING SHIT THEY'RE RIGHT BEHIND YOU RUUUUUUUN
Step 2: You're still here, that's a good sign.
Step 3: Don't listen to the voices.
Step 4: Women are just inherently bad in your universe. Not your fault, the author had some issues with his Mom. Regardless, don't trust anyone with tits.
Step 5: Actually, make that "don't trust anyone at all", cos basically everyone is going to at least semi-betray you.
Step 6: Assuming you ignored Step 5, pick a bunch of people you trust and TALK TO THEM REGULARLY. Discuss tactics, the war against the Shadow, and your feelings regarding international politics. Do not spend 20 pages making small talk then leave when a fight breaks out just before you get to the fucking point.
Step 7: Cairhieners are cunts. Like, all of them. So are Seanchan. Let them kill each other.
Step 8: Hide in the woods as much as possible. It's unlikely the wolves will come after you (because they can smell your talent), they keep the Darkspawn out, and you're unlikely to hurt someone when you go batshit crazy.
Step 9: Speaking of which, I said DON'T LISTEN TO THE VOICES
Step 10: AAAARRRGHHHH MY FAAAAAAACCCCEEE
>>
File: saidin not even once.jpg (123KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
saidin not even once.jpg
123KB, 600x750px
>>
File: 1474497556752.jpg (125KB, 655x653px) Image search: [Google]
1474497556752.jpg
125KB, 655x653px
>>51850790
>wardercurious
>>
>>51852422
No.

Moiraine a best.
>>
>>51859393
Wrong
they're equally good
>>
>>51852405

Don't forget to tug that braid.

Nice and slow
>>
>>51859428
I am willing to accept your compromise.
>>
Thread theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jiHPTkm0Js
>>
File: tsundere party.png (1MB, 2983x2703px) Image search: [Google]
tsundere party.png
1MB, 2983x2703px
>>51852400
>>
>>51859773
Wow, how can one person be so fucking wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNnhhejBkW8
>>
>>51852400
I can respect that.
>>
>>51859839
That's it. I've been trying to figure out why I can't like these books; it's cause no one likes each other.
>>
Mat is the best. This is True.

>>51852419
>Mat is a shit.
This is also true. Thing about best is it's relative.
>>
>>51859871
Superior
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WXeHT661xM
>>
>>51860011
Undeniably good, but WoT is still better.
>>
I think what was most disappointing was how Padan Fain turned out to be fucking NOTHING. Surely they wouldn't have a villain skulking around all the way from the first book, have a rise to power and new mysterious powers that in ways are rival to the Shadow and not do anything with him! Surely! But no. Hungry evil fog works on chickenpox rules for some reason.

He was only ever a meaningless distraction. A Cobra Commander to every so off, pop up, do something vaguely evil, cackle and run away to do seemingly nothing of note. Then when he finally seems to be doing something he gets killed off abruptly and unceremoniously. I want my time I spent reading those books back.
>>
>>51860184
>0/10, did not tug braid
That's how I know you aren't really mad
>>
>>51860184
Tell me about Fain, why does he carry the dagger?
>>
>>51860184
He was intended to be a Gollum equivalent, but Jordan is no Tolkien so he fucked it up
>>
Just started playing in a Wheel of Time PF campaign. One session down, and zero braid-pulling. We're all going to die.
>>
>>51860184
Fain suffered from fandom, he was a great reoccurring thorn and nothing more but he was very popular.
>>
>>51859564

Or cross your arms under your breasts.
>>
>>51852422
Finally, somebody else besides me.

Elayne is so fucking annoying, and Min would fit Mat WAAAYYY better.

AND PERRIN SHOULD HAVE JUST MARRIED BERELAIN AND HAD DONE, ROBERT. It's not like multiple marriage is frowned upon in WoT.
>>
>>51861219
Perrin is gud boy. He wouldn't do such lewdness
>>
>>51861219
>It's not like multiple marriage is frowned upon in WoT.
It's frowned upon outside Aiel culture
>>
>>51861219
>Elayne is so fucking annoying
Anon, all the women are annoying
>>
>>51859975

That's why I have a love hate relationship with them honestly. I mean there is some really good stuff, but every single fucking character hates every other character and assumes that everyone but themselves is retarded. It's like the default state if everyone in universe, and it pissed me the fuck off.
>>
>>51852419
I loved Mat, but I also loved to see him suffer because he almost always deserved it for being a little shit.
>>
>>51863758
I feel like it was some kind of statement about the alien nature of the opposite gender but went horribly overboard
>>
>>51864481
Authors have ticks. Take King for example: in the majority of his books, religious people are overwhelmingly small minded and violent, whereas members of academia are fonts of wisdom and virtue. This makes sense given that King grew up in bumfuck Maine, where small towns can include small minded people and he always looked back with great fondness at his time at U of Maine. CS Lewis does something similar: small town folk are always cheerful, good, and full of uncomplicated wisdom. That's an artifact of his relationship with his nanny, or some such, from when he was younger. She grew up in country England and she was by his account just awesome.

So look now at Jordan, who has a very particular way of approaching interaction between men and women specifically and people in general. Given that WoT was his one big work, we may never know if what I'm supposing is true, but it's likely just a tick of his given events in his life.
>>
>>51850487
Here's an idea:

Stop using the term "BBEG", you Redditor.
>>
File: youtried.jpg (11KB, 198x185px) Image search: [Google]
youtried.jpg
11KB, 198x185px
>>51865839
memes/10
>>
>>51861591
>fugging and breeding two qt's
That's doing the world a favor, m8. Think of how awesome the kids would be.
>>
>>51868145
Rand is the manwhore, Perrin is for twue wuv
>>
>>51868316
>Mat is the manwhore, Perrin is for twue wuv, and Rand is the unwilling harem hero
FTFY
>>
>>51868332

Eh Mat settles down eventually.

Was there anyone else who was pissed with the conclusion as far as Rand goes? I wish they'd had the balls to actually kill him.
>>
>>51868386
Only because destiny told him to and no one really has free will in these books
>>
>>51856421
okay, going through the list.

Step 1: ALREADY DOING THAT, NEVER STOPPED RUUUNNNNIIIIINGG in the first place.
Step 2: Existance? Check. I think.
Step 3: Trying...but sometimes I can't tell which thoughts are my own and which aren't.
Step 4: Goes without saying, in this and any other universe
Step 5: BUT THE VOICES SAY I CAN'T TRUST ANYONE. I THOUGHT I WAS SUPPOSED NOT TO LISTEN TO THEM!?
Step 6: What tactics? I'm not fighting a war against anyone, don't know what I'm supposed to do against the shadow, and I don't like politics.
Step 7: I'm Cairhien, you Andorian bitch! You're completely right of course.
Step 8: Okay. Hiding in the Woods now.
Step 9: NO NO NO GO AWAY I'M TRYING!
Step 10: DIE DIE DIE DIE SCORCH THE EARTH SCORCH THE EARTH EVERYONE HAS TO DIE!
>>
File: saidin-life-expectancy-chart.jpg (55KB, 1400x680px) Image search: [Google]
saidin-life-expectancy-chart.jpg
55KB, 1400x680px
>>51868692
If you survive you get some long term health benefits at least.
>>
>>51869556
What is this information based on? I'm genuinely curious. FC's clearly live for a very long time, so it makes sense, though.
>>
>>51869556
I JUST WANT TO DIE! KILL ME! DIE DIE IT BURNS DIE SCORCH THE EARTH DIE KILL ME!
>>
>>51862160
Elayne, however, is only surpassed in her sheer grating awfulness by Nynaeve.

Moiraine a best, because Moiraine's not fucking neurotic like literally every other character.
>>
File: saidar-life-expectancy-chart.jpg (65KB, 1400x555px) Image search: [Google]
saidar-life-expectancy-chart.jpg
65KB, 1400x555px
>>51871406
Jordans notes, they contain rankings of channelers. Was published in a companion whose exact title I can't remember.
>>
>>51871650
OK, it is literally called "The Wheel of Time Companion". Here is were I pulled the info from.

http://www.tor.com/2015/10/27/the-wheel-of-time-companion-strength-chart-of-major-channelers/

Includes characters ranked by strength.
>>
File: 1419092771555.jpg (75KB, 584x600px) Image search: [Google]
1419092771555.jpg
75KB, 584x600px
>>
>>51871749
That's some really cool shit. Thank you, anon.
>>
File: 1462042282110.jpg (6MB, 3309x2234px) Image search: [Google]
1462042282110.jpg
6MB, 3309x2234px
>>
Hi /tg/ i'm having a little trouble taming my damane, she's too willfull. Any suggestions?

(it's braid has been tugged but that seems to be ineffectual.)
>>
>>51873252
Daily reminder to remove Seanchean
>>
>>51873399
REEEE remember the oaths!
>>
>>51873399
This. The true heirs of Hawkwing are the Andor.
>>
If Siuan and Leane were to be stilled again and healed by a man, would they have been restored to their initial strength in the OP?
>>
>>51850487
Hello there. I am a man who comes from another image board nearby, and I have rare and delightful treasures from neighboring boards that I happened to frequent before coming here. Does anyone need a fresh post from imgur, or a slightly overused Doge post? I am eager to make your dreams of original content, and mine of trading memes, a reality. Come into my wagon, and see what treasures I have found in my days as a young lurker!
>>
>>51874130
Greetings! Did you know we have this stone nearby with a lot of vines and leaves intricately emblazoned upon it? Come take a look, maybe you'll know what it's for! Why yes, there are three young men in this village born around that time, funny you should ask.
>>
>>51871520
>Moiraine a best, because Moiraine's not fucking neurotic like literally every other character.
I would argue that moraine is neurotic, but that her neuroses tend more towards the "I'm going to save this stupid fucking world in spite of all you stupid assholes"
>>
>>51874860
If that combination of drive, competence, and cynicism doesn't get you hard, I don't know what to say to you.
>>
>>51873399
>removing the only fuckers in the setting with coffee
Yeah, fuck that. I'll let the setting burn before I wipe coffee out.

Also, the collaring thing is hot.
>>
>>51862160
Except Aiel Wise Ones, they're base, insult Aes Sedai, and don't afraid of anything.

It's just a shame that Egwene only adapted their worst traits, and refused to learn anything.
>>
>>51872822
Is it weird I felt they were the only likable group of people aside from the Borderlanders? Also, was it me, or were their women (aside from Aviendha) the only ones who were bearable at all (aside from Min, who is a perfect cinnamon bun)
>>
>>51876527
Saldaean women were pretty awesome too.
>>
File: Wayne_Barlowe_Trolloc.jpg (141KB, 434x680px) Image search: [Google]
Wayne_Barlowe_Trolloc.jpg
141KB, 434x680px
>>51876527
The wise women had their annoying moments, they annoyed me more than any Aes Sedai.

>Have to save the world, be aware of that, time is crucial
>joined up with allies
>agreed on course of action
>stall the knowledge transfer and cooperation for months for no reason but to make a vain point
>Aes Sedai do meaningless busy work for them and do so completely humble.
>Another few month of doing maid stuff, because they arbitrarily decide that their trainees aren't ready.
>Ahh, we so wise, u know nothing because we wont tell you

Wise masters that don't do any education are my pet peeve.
>>
File: C2qeyoiXEAIyvgH.jpg (32KB, 432x426px) Image search: [Google]
C2qeyoiXEAIyvgH.jpg
32KB, 432x426px
Y'know, considering much women tend to be in riverside positions in WoT, and how the one country that is culturally dominated by men is a backwards shithole ran by the Whitecloaks, maybe Jordan doesn't hate women, but rather consensual femdom is his fetish!
>>
File: 1446666877274.jpg (829KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1446666877274.jpg
829KB, 2560x1600px
>>51877078
I didn't get the impression Amadicia is a shithole.
>>
>>51859975
It's basically the opposite though. Everyone likes each other, but no one trusts each other.
>>
File: Rand goes full Aielaboo.png (123KB, 960x800px) Image search: [Google]
Rand goes full Aielaboo.png
123KB, 960x800px
>>51877139

It is understandable why nobody trusts the guy who could incinerate everyone and is prophesied to go mad.
>>
>>51877040
>>Ahh, we so wise, u know nothing because we wont tell you
To be fair, the Aes Sedai are even worse at that.

Plus, at least the wise women are smart enough and respectful enough to not look down on all men as inferior like Aes Sedai do, and tend to actually let the chieftains actually do their jobs

Plus, nearly every encounter between them and the actual Aes Sedai is the magic bites trying to showcase and demand unquestioning subservience, and the Wise Ones going "bitch nigga u srs?"

Plus, at least they know we'll enough as well not to order and control Rand around, and let him do his job as the Chosen One while minimizing collateral

I dunno, I guess the fact the Wise Ones kinda remind me of my female family members, and the Aes Sedai remind me of the first grade teacher who threatened to "beat the devil out of me" for writing with my left hand may have me a bit biased.
>>
>>51863758
>every single fucking character hates every other character and assumes that everyone but themselves is retarded

The opposite is true of Perrin, Mat, and Rand, though - they're always saying "if only [one of the other guys was here, they'd know what to do better than I do]".
>>
File: Braids gonna get tugged.jpg (1MB, 1280x1606px) Image search: [Google]
Braids gonna get tugged.jpg
1MB, 1280x1606px
>>51877204
They are at least widely acknowledged to be an intrigue filled snake pit and have the rather dubious benefit of being heavily infiltrated by black Ajah working against any progress.
>>
>>51877133
Considering the whole place is full of Red Scare levels of paranoia, cultural and international ignorance, ruled through fear by a tyrannical parody of the Spanish Inquisition, and is a place where even whispers and baseless accusations about being a Darkfriend can get you sent to the Confessors, yeah it's a shithole, and is considered as such by nearly everyone in universe who isn't from there or follows their puritanical philosophy
>>
>>51877227
That is until Rand finally embraces being the dragon and starts going "Everyone quite being retarded and help me save the world!"
>>
>>51868386

>pipe

Seriously what the fuck was that?

I guess he retained the ability to use Creator-power, after his fight with Moridin?
>>
>>51850790
I want to marry Aviendha!
>>
>>51877335
>>
>>51876333

Seriously? I was reading that scene with Perrin walking in on her brushing her hair, half-naked and my 14-year-old self went "OH SHIT IS THIS HAPPENING?!"

And then it didn't.
>>
>>51876333
I liked the part where she was short. Would be easy to lift and move her around.
>>
>>51877335
I like to think it was the serpent saying, "Look, you had to go through all that shit. I'll toggle god mode on for you, thanks for not letting the dark one fuck my snake pussy forever."
>>
>>51876462
They were bitches too, just the most honest ones
>>
>>51877227
Mat resists helping Rand at every turn and has to be forced into it. He thinks Rand is nuts, which is ironic considering Mat's and Rand's brands of crazy are vaguely alike. Perrin gets that he has to do shit or the world ends but he gets less and less chummy with the other two until they're basically strangers. He even comes to resent Rand a bit. Rand himself is just going insane and is too paranoid to actually confide in another human being.

They're all fucking terrible and seem to not understand the value of nurturing friendships with the people who have literally saved your life multiple times. It's almost painful to read.
>>
>>51877227
They only say that about women, because its a terrible running gag Jordan somehow thought was still funny after the 60th time
>>
>>51877204
>Plus, at least the wise women are smart enough and respectful enough to not look down on all men as inferior like Aes Sedai do
Anon, they belittle men too. They just trust them to do what their wives tell them. All women in Wheel of Time think men are inferior, they just have different ways of addressing it. And perhaps the men actually are, given how comically clueless they are about the women
>>
>>51877448
Fuck. Yes.
>>
>>
>>51878679

Hnnng my dick was not ready for that Avienda or that Elayne. Damn my redhead fetish.
>>
>>51877186
It's also prophesied that he and he alone will decide the fate of the world in the war against the shadow, so it's probably not a good call to make him think you an enemy.
>>
>>51878679

Looks like Min is in a tracksuit.
>>
>>51877335
I always assumed it was some having reached enlightenment CHIM level of hax after having stepped outside the pattern and confronted the dark one.
>>
>>51877881
>And perhaps the men actually are, given how comically clueless they are about the women
>implying the women are any better at handling Men
Just look how well Moiraine's initial attempts to handle Rand, Mat and Perrin turn out
>>
>>51876376
How about we collar the the bitches who collar the bitches who can to magic? It's like a human centipede with superpowers.
>>
>>51879895
She is, kinda. It's basically a medieval tracksuit.
>>
>>51880525
The best Male/Female interaction in the series was the innkeepers who gave Perrin and Faile marriage advice.
>>
>>51880525
Perrin and Mat generally fall in line to the female cast's expectations. Rand is immune to any and all attempts to figure out what the fuck he's thinking because everyone always assumes he's either become crazy or profoundly arrogant, when hes really just the same guy he always was, plus some "hardness"
>>
>>51881512
You fool woolhead, I'll box your ears!
>>
>>51881512
>g because everyone always assumes he's either become crazy
I mean he kind of is post Dumai's Well. Rand has got some serious schizophrenia going on.
>>
>>51881536
Its like magic madness though. The voices in his head is an actual person with real memories and shit. His loss of control was more an issue of wonky reincarnation shenanigans and poor interpersonal skills than of genuine mental disorder.
>>
>>51878679
wood fug

19/19
>>
>>51881596
>The voices in his head is an actual person with real memories and shit
But its not. Go re-read Veins of Gold from The Gathering Storm. The taint's madness manifested as an alternate personality (LTT) based upon the memories of LTT that Rand possess
>>
The other day I noticed they have "book (not 1) of the wheel of time" in my local library so I figured id give it a shot and started reading...
Like 9 pages of cunts pretending to be UN delegates, lead around by a loud cunt who likes to point at a painting that makes bitches weak.

Should I read these? Im a warhammer but I feel like I should delve into other fantasy universes every once in a while.
>>
>>51882523
>I'm a warhammer

Pics or GTFO.

Turns my stomach when attention whores pretend to be weapons on 4chan. If you really are a weapon you should just cut to the chase and show us the goods.
>>
File: 20170224_105916.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170224_105916.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>51882651
~
Making me take selfies in class...
>>
File: Galad.jpg (50KB, 384x480px) Image search: [Google]
Galad.jpg
50KB, 384x480px
>>51877279
why don't you embrace the Light, brother? Then you will have nothing to fear
>>
>>51883583
Are those real?
>>
>>51883583
>dat tiny head
Hamlets, when will they ever learn?
>>
File: Real Hammers.png (1MB, 1000x828px) Image search: [Google]
Real Hammers.png
1MB, 1000x828px
>>51883583
Stop appropriating my culture, pick.

>pic related
Me and my ladies. Real hammers have weight and the thickness.
>>
File: sidesword.jpg (146KB, 900x1203px) Image search: [Google]
sidesword.jpg
146KB, 900x1203px
>>51884538
How do I look /tg/. Pls be honest. Pic is me and my wielder.
>>
File: hammer-anvil.jpg (335KB, 1296x961px) Image search: [Google]
hammer-anvil.jpg
335KB, 1296x961px
>>51884611
10/10, would bang
>>
>>51879895

Of course. We all know Min is slav bitch.
>>
>>51885885
>Min is a slave prophet
>Elayne is a busty, upper class Englishwoman
>Aviendha is a dominant redheaded /fit/ warrior
Damnit, Rand, why do you bitch so much?
>>
>>51886140

No amount of pussy can counterbalance all the shit he goes through. They can only ease the pain. Admittedly very effectively, but it's not a solution by any means.
>>
>>51886207
He does go through some shit, but he has a hell of a ride too. His harem is just icing. Amazing icing, but icing non the less.

So did they ever go into how the members of his harem deal with being part of a harem?
>>
>>51886635
Kind of.
It's mindmelding. They link up with each other and share their emotions. To the extent when the other two can feel Rand having sex with one of them.
>>
>>51886635
Elayne and Aviendha bond over Aiel sisterhood and agree to share as the Aiel already have polygamy as a cultural concept.
>>
Did Elayne ever shape up, she was pretty immature and snotty throughout most of the series as I remember it. I remember Min being bro'ish, and Aviendha being pretty awesome across the board. It was just Elayne that always seemed like she was borderline cunty.

>>51886795
This is actually kinda cool, if idealistic.

>>51886770
That's just the practical way to do things in a world with magic. Also? It's pretty fucking hot.
>>
>>51883731
I actually always like Galad in a weird way. He was pretty delusional about what "good" and "right" was, but he always tried to fit what his ideal was.
>>
File: Lurk.jpg (64KB, 655x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Lurk.jpg
64KB, 655x1000px
>>51850487
My forsaken master tells me to Lurk moar...
so here I am.
>>
>>51887251
I would argue Min was more childish, just in a tomboyish way while Elayne followed the prissier princess route. So naturally most prefer Min but really I just found her dull. Aviendha was the only truly mature one, but suffered from an acute case of tsundere.

Really this whole threesome thing just seems unnecessary to me. It doesn't seem to fit with Rand's character and despite his heritage he doesn't really seem to have much affinity for aiel culture; Egwene turned out more aiel than him. And of course there's the universal issue of the romances/frienships just not being very good, so the need for him to be with all three doesnt seem pressing. It just seems like the writer wanted to give the MC his own magical realm to make up for all the shit he endures
>>
>>51886770
Yeah...but I think I remember Birgette really has the biggest problem with that. If memory serves, she has to get wasted whenever Elayne and Rand do the deed in order to avoid "getting some" by proxy. At least she claims she wants to avoid it...
>>
>>51889097
Right, I remember now, because of the warder link. Doesn't mean it can't work for the others too, of course.
>>
>>51889097
>has to get wasted
>implying she doesn't grab a bottle, go somewhere private, and just enjoy the ride
Anon, pls, heros are lood
>>
>>51889121
Isn't the whole mindmeld thing basically a Warder Link? If I recall correctly, Elayne and Aviendha both bond Rand, and they inclucde Min in it. This one other Aes Sedai also is part of it because she basically Saidarmindraped Rand because she was feeling lonely after her warders died.
>>
>>51889160
Kind of. It was an Aes Sedai plot to warder bond Rand. Using the bond on the unwilling is considered equivalent to rape.

I think this is what you mean, just wanted to point out for the lurkers that a regular bond was used, not a dedicated mindrape weave.

And the torture with the chest was just regular torture.
>>
>>51889341
And yes, the bond between the Harem is warder stuff.
>>
>>51889341
>And the torture with the chest was just regular torture.
What else would it be?
>>
File: 1394206755873.jpg (153KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1394206755873.jpg
153KB, 1024x768px
>>51889384
Invading the mind with the one power (as is done by the forsaken for example).
Because we were on the topic of mindrape and when Alviarin bonded Rand against his will was at the same time as his capture in the chest. So I felt the need to clarify just in case.
>>
>>51889363
I didn't read much past that, how does the warder bond work if both participants are channelers? I vaguely recall that the female channelers were kinda confused by Saidin's ferocity during linking up with rands soldiers,

>>51889384
I dunno, Aes Sedai supertorture?
>>
>>51876333
Yeah, Moiraine is ultra hot. Intelligent, competent and reasonable woman who holds an impressive, but not ridiculous amount of power? Count me in. Something about actually putting in years of studying, training and hard, dedicated work instead of just getting everything handed over to you is just impressive. Also, the name is simply hot. It's impossibly to be unattractive if you're called Moiraine.
>>
>>51889463
The ability to experience the other half of the force is just a product of linking up in a circle. That process is independent of having a warder bond. But I do believe something can be felt through the warder bond if the bond partner is channeling, but I don't remember specifics. Maybe it is just sensing the changes in emotion caused by channeling.

And of course there is the sensation male channelers have when Saidar is used near them that might overlap with the other sensory input.

>>51889540
Female names starting with Mo are the best.
>>
>>51889456
>Graendal
Best Forsaken
>>
File: 1344384042200.jpg (308KB, 680x850px) Image search: [Google]
1344384042200.jpg
308KB, 680x850px
>>51889592
She is the one most memorable for me, I regularly get confused with the forsaken because I have a multi year gap in between reading the series.
>>
File: Lanfear.jpg (7KB, 185x273px) Image search: [Google]
Lanfear.jpg
7KB, 185x273px
>>51889582
Although Tigraine and Beralain aren't half bad either as far as names go
>>51889582
Sorry, can't hear you over the sound of the white evil of evil whiteness and white evilness. Actually, while we're talking names, Lanfear is pretty bitchin too
>>
>>51889634
I know, right? Started readin when I was around 12-13, read on around 19-20. Remember shit was pretty awesome, kinda let down when I continued. The setting is amazing, the basic idea is great, the execution mediocre, especially later on. The whole thing isn't bad - most of the time - but it could have been so much better.
>>
>>51889693
>white evil of evil whiteness and white evilness.
huh?

>Lanfear
Not bad, she's a solid #2 to Graendal
>>
File: 1344384674193.jpg (52KB, 453x599px) Image search: [Google]
1344384674193.jpg
52KB, 453x599px
>>51889693
I didn't really like that name choice because Lan is already a character and the other half can be read as a word. Even if Lan- is a regional syllable that survived through time, this isn't elaborated on and would still be more aesthetic if the second half wasn't identical to a noun.

>>51889736
White gowns, noble pale white skin etc
>>
Elayne's mom was top tier MILF.

That is all.
>>
>>51889733
Yeah, dying does interfere with the work.

>>51889811
Oh yes.
>>
>>51889363
but they also did that aiel ritual when they became sisters with the whole link between each other too. At least two of them, if I remember correctly. And I do remember it well, because there was milf suckling involoved in it which is my fetish.
>>
File: 1331073670719.jpg (466KB, 687x852px) Image search: [Google]
1331073670719.jpg
466KB, 687x852px
>>51889932
Ah, I remember that now, but wasn't the
warder bond something they added on top to the Aiel ritual? It was just a normal cultural ritual that regular people could do to.
>>
Awful books. Every female character is a carbon copy of muh independent woman who knows everything and makez men silly.

Hack writer in general. Surprising if you manage to slog through 4+ books without dropping such incredibly generic snoozefest.
>>
>>51890140
You're actually somewhat right. Wheel of time will never make it among world literature. It's still fun to read, in a brainless way.
>>
>>51889932
>but they also did that aiel ritual when they became sisters with the whole link between each other too. At least two of them, if I remember correctly. And I do remember it well, because there was milf suckling involoved in it which is my fetish.
Please explain and provide book, chapter, and page references if you can.

t. suddenly aroused anon
>>
>>51890140
You're right, anon, I've always preferred the literature you've published to the Jordans pulp.
>>
>>51890169
And yet they're making a tv series out of it
>>
>>51890203
The Sanderson books were better
>>
>>51890305
Ugh. They're going to give it the Seeker treatment.

>>51890318
Meh. I was rushing to the end at that point. Eventually I'll do a slower reread.
>>
>>51890140
>Every female character is a carbon copy of muh independent woman who knows everything and makez men silly.

Not really

They act like that but in practice they don't know shit and their pointless attempts to aggravate men do nothing but let the evil dudes exploit their idiocy.

It's not like the men are any better (hell even team evil is completely retarded, it's the only way the protagonists didn't die) but tbqh 'muh strong independent woman who don't need no man' would be more enjoyable than the literal retards that populate every page of these books
>>
>>51889789
Pretty sure Lanfear is derived from french - l'enfer -which means "the hell".
>>
So how do you think the Stormlight Archive will turn out?
>>
>>51890437
An overcomplicated clusterfuck of a plot that'll need 3 more books beyond the promised 10 just to sort everything out
>>
>>51888684
The three wives were to show the three possible branches of his life path if he hadn't been the Dragon.
Min was if he had grown up as a normal person in the Two Rivers.
Elayne was if Tigraine hadn't fled for the Waste
Aviendha was if Tigraine had stayed behind like a sane woman and gave birth to him in the Waste.

That's how I interpreted it anyhow.
>>
>>51891107
That's a pretty good reading
>>
Real talk time: Aviendha has dat ass one account of her being a /fit/ warrior, Elayne has dem tittays because her mother is titcow MILF queen of the setting... what does Min bring to the table again?
>>
>>51891436

She's the willing slut. Aviendha is tsunadere as fuck, and has duties besides so good luck getting her to put out on a regular basis, and Elayne is stuck up as fuck and a queen besides so ditto to her. Min has nothing better to do then follow Rand around and suck his dick, and she knows it.
>>
>>51891436
Tomboy appeal, looking really good in tight pants, not being a bitch and actually being completely supportive, both in decisions and emotionally, to Rand.
>>
>>51891436
Legs for days. Rand catches people checking out her legs a lot.
>>
>>51891563
Wouldn't Aviendha have awesome legs and thighs from all her running around and training?
>>
>>51891544
... does she ever admit that?
>>
>>51891617

She's also the tallest of the three, while Min is short, so I really can't believe that Min would have the better legs.

>>51891633

Kinda sorta Not really, but she does know that her place is following Rand around and helping him, and the fact that they have regular sex is quite explicit. Basically, all she does for quite some time is follow him around and fuck him, along with the occasional emotional support moment. Or my memory is bad. It has been years since I've read these.
>>
>>51891672
Aviendha may have better legs, but she doesn't display them well since she's always wearing long skirts like a Wise One,
Min, however, does. She basically pioneers tight pants and high heeled boots, kicking off a fashion trend in Carhien simply to show her legs off.
>>
>>51891780

Valid point. I concede to you sir.
>>
>>51889363
So the bond between Rand, Avendha, Elayne, and Min is a warder bond? Do those normally allow the individuals to feel everything that Rand and crew do?
>>
File: 1331073578633.jpg (753KB, 680x850px) Image search: [Google]
1331073578633.jpg
753KB, 680x850px
>>51892085
They feel the emotion, not every sensory input. And it is still less than the person experiencing them in the first place. It is described as in a corner of ones mind. Strength is further subject to distance. And they can tell distance and direction from each other.
>>
>>51892196
Bonds between same-sex and mutual bonding channelers can have some strange overlaps.
For example, Elayne gets drunk when Birgitte drinks. There's also that one Red Aes Sedai/Asha'man pair who mutually bonded in one of Sanderson's books who experienced some odd side effect.
>>
File: 14-A-Memory-of-Light-Sweet.jpg (457KB, 864x577px) Image search: [Google]
14-A-Memory-of-Light-Sweet.jpg
457KB, 864x577px
>>51892515
Androl and Pevara were cute.
What were the effects? I only remember talk about the other half of the source that was to be expected.
>>
>>51892625
slight mind reading and borrowing each other talents.
>>
>>51892196
So what's the deal with the other girls feeling it when Rand and the third member of Team Dragon bang? Is that part of the warder bond bit or is that something different?
>>
>>51889582
>Female names starting with Mo are the best.

Which is why Morgase after getting up out of her magical mental whammy is based a fuck.
>>
>>51878679
Okay, now I remember why I could tolerate Elayne, despite Aviendha being best girl.
>>
File: 1331074156748.jpg (691KB, 680x850px) Image search: [Google]
1331074156748.jpg
691KB, 680x850px
>>51893323
Warder. I imagine some green Ajah have the same problem. Just gender flipped.
>>
>>51893563
>Green Ajah
Yeah, given that they have a shit ton of warders bonded per Sedai I imagine those Warders get to know quite a bit about one another.
>>
>>51881831
A personality born of actual memories is a real person.
>>
File: Battle_of_the_Shining_Walls.jpg (735KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Battle_of_the_Shining_Walls.jpg
735KB, 2048x1536px
>>
>>51879895

She looks like the Rule 63 version of Evil Knievel.
>>
>>51877768
>Mat resists helping Rand at every turn and has to be forced into it.

You've got Matt all wrong. Give me one example (from when his POV chapters start) where he shirks his responsibilities. One.

You can't.

He'll bitch about it, he'll drag his feet, he'll constantly be thinking WTF am I doing, but he'll always do the right thing in the end.
>>
>>51891107

...huh. You know, I never picked that out but it makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>51893624

I don't know if it would work quite the same way. If I remember correctly Rand's harem bonds work the way it does because Aviendha and Elayne were bonded by the Aiel first-sister ritual, and because Min can't channel, Elayne and Aviendha had to bond her to themselves in order to bond her to Rand, so all four of them are bonded to each other.

Whereas with the Green Ajah it's just each Warder bonded to the Aes Sedai, and that's it.

I mean, don't let me get in the way of your magical realm if that's your bag, though.
>>
>>51895187
could a Sister of the Green lay a warder bond between her warders? Or does the weaver have to be one of the participants?
>>
>>51895187
The Green Ajah, and even other Aes Sedai have the same problem with their warders, plenty of warders didn't sleep with their Aes Sedai, but the got plenty of action elsewhere, so the Aes Sedai made a sort of mental trick to block it out. One Aes Sedai teaches it to Elayne and Aviendha, and they try to teach Min and Birgette, but they cant figure it out so they get drunk to ignore it.
>>
>>51895247

True, but a Green's warders don't have the same problem with each other, was my point.
>>
>>51895226

If Elayne and/or Aviendha can pull Min into their bond, I don't see why a Green couldn't do it to her Warders. I don't think it ever happened, but that doesn't make it impossible.
>>
>>51860367
he's a small wiry guy
>>
>>51864481
It's not even just the gender division, nobody trusts anyone else, not even childhood friends or lovers.

Also Gawyn is objectively the worst character in the series
>be Gawyn
>stay loyal to Elaida's white tower because you're fucking retarded
>constantly jerk yourself off over how well you're doing your duty even though that duty is serving the sworn enemy of your country, your sister the queen, and the woman you love
>to top it off she's very obviously trying to get you killed
>also be sure to swear vengeance against Rand because you heard a secondhand rumor that he killed your mom despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary
>hmm... Seanchan attacking the tower, better take this rare and dangerous item off a corpse that obviously has magical properties
>should I tell Egwene? Nah, she can't be trusted because nobody can be trusted
>somehow get to the Last Battle
>hmm... should I follow orders?
>Nah fuck that, I'm Gawyn Motherfukin Trakand,
>Hey Demandred fuck you!
>*draws sword*
>*gets rekt*
>>
>>51854618

gentle ur self ma man
>>
>>51895429
Paladins: not even once.
>>
>>51891436
Min a shit. SHIIIITTTTT. Why she wasn't killed off when he was strangling her I will never know or understand. Could've made the whole series better.
>>
File: 1331074466329.jpg (586KB, 680x850px) Image search: [Google]
1331074466329.jpg
586KB, 680x850px
>>51852419

>Manetheren, I am disappoint
>>
Is Wheel of Time lewd?
>>
>>51897259
Moiraines speech about that was solid. Of course, she's Best Sedai so that's to be expected.
>>
>>51897417
Yes.
>>
>>51897417
It's a book, so people fuck and it doesn't shy away from that. There are some elements have fetishy undertones, but overall is it lewd? No.
>>
File: Snakes and Foxes.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Snakes and Foxes.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
>>51850487

Let's play a game.

Courage to Strengthen
Fire to Blind
Music to Dazzle
Iron to Bind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ov8_1x_jNw
>>
>>51877448
My nigga.

Moiraine best girl.
>>
>>51881536
Actually, he started getting the voice in book 5. Coincidentally, when he went into the dream world and nearly unmade himself, and when he started to push back against unmaking, he was unconsciously, perhaps because of LTT leftovers, remaking himself as LTT. It took him a bit to regain his mental footing, but that is where it began: exposure to the dream world.
>>
>>51889341
Reminder that while restrained, blocked from the Power, and basically chained up, on seeing Amin hostage and mistreated Rand busted loose, killed two Warders and grievously injured a third to the point where he died from his wounds.

All in the split seconds it took the Aes Sedai to restrain him with the Power.
>>
>>51877133
why does he hold his stupid sword like that
>>
>>51891544
Rand eventually has four children with Aviendha (quadruplets) in that bad future she sees in Rhuidean.

They're described as extremely "weird" because they're always channeling, they cannot not be channeling (even when sleeping), and are absurdly strong. It's as natural for them as breathing, and they find the whole "open yourself to the Source" thing to be kooky claptrap.

Next step of evolution? Or simple proof that Aviendha genes are best genes?
>>
>>51850487
Anyone has the links for the comic? I remember I've seen /co/ storytelling the first book I thinka good couple of weeks ago.
>>
>>51899802
>Or simple proof that Aviendha genes are best genes?
Definitely the best of the three, but Elayne still has some good things going on. I can think of at least two.
>>
>>51899909
I've seen some of the art, it looks pretty good.
>>
http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Drinking_game
>>
Is it true this series is a really drawn out fantasy Dune?
>>
>>51895308
...For me?
>>
>>51895130
As soon as he gets the dagger off himself his life goal is to get as far away from all of this as possible. He fails and eventually gives in to muh destiny, but it's frustrating listening to him whine about how dangerous it is to be around Rand, like Mat isn't the one repeatedly bumbling into life threatening scenarios through his own sheer stupidity and needing rand to bail him out. Then he starts calling the still sane Rand crazy while he himself has 1000+ years of dead men in his head and babbles in old tongue like a man possessed.

The one guy Rand could possibly relate to and his head is jammed too far his own fucking ass to talk to the best friend that saved his fucking life like three times. Seriously, Mat is worst boy, holy shit.
>>
>>51897417
There's lewder. Everyone seems almost comically conservative and get all flustered by scandalously low necklines
>>
>>51891107
I can accept that
>>
>>51901296
To be fair, there are a select few females in the series who are described as having amazing tits.
>>
>>51901296
I know, it's hot.
>>
>>51899681
Because you don't actually use this sword as a sword. Well, you do, but only in a general "fuck shit up" sense. It's not for fencing, wether you hold it the way a sword is supposed to be held, like pic related, or just shove it up your ass is entirely up to your personal preference and doesn't affect performance in the slightest.
>>
>>51901946
>he's holding it like that because he's a faggot
there, much simpler way to say it
>>
>>51852324
We know this.
>>
>>51900727

>Events requiring one drink
>Nynaeve tugs her braid.
>A female character smooths her skirts.
>A woman threatens to box a man’s ears.

Anon, I may or may not be an alcoholic, but not suicidal.

Also >If any of the following happen, drown yourself in your drink:
> The whole series turns out to have been an elaborate reality TV show.

kek'd
>>
>>51902096
I don't think you can survive that game in any of the early books. Later books the group is so split up it's probably SLIGHTLY easier to survive.
>>
>>51902307
>Nynaeve tugs her braid.
>tugs her braid
>one drink
>when she tugs her braid

Nope, you're dead in any book.
>>
File: Trollocs.jpg (407KB, 1105x765px) Image search: [Google]
Trollocs.jpg
407KB, 1105x765px
Troll-OC plz do not steal
>>
>>51902905
Why the fetish gear
>>
File: letter to the sultan.jpg (817KB, 2202x1879px) Image search: [Google]
letter to the sultan.jpg
817KB, 2202x1879px
>>51850487
I've finished the series just a few days ago, here's my review.

The dark one is stupid spoopy evil black eternity could have been done better, I honestly thought Sandy would have the evil try to relate to rand, asking him; "HoW wOuLd YoU fEeL iF yOu WeRe LoCkEd AwAy LiKe Me?" could have been a good juxtoposition, and would explain his evilness, but NO, we dont want depth for the main antagonist of a 4 book series (because I don't remember the other 11)
Moridin is stupid
all the forsaken are stupid

and the last battle sucks
And it's all Mat / Valin's fault. "hurr I dun wanna open this letter, I'll have to follow what it says" THAT DIDN'T STOP YOU TREASURE HUNTING IN A FUCKING CURSED CITY! woolhead!

Best books are 1,2,3 and maybe 8
I would have preferred the girls wasting time looking for the bowl, only for them to ask Mat, whose memory would pin-point it in one line of dialog, would have been great.

Everything else is a yawn and wraps up too nicely Oh no, Rand is dying/dead, lets leave this Forsaken he brought unattended, lets not chain him up or post guards.

And the most unforgivable breach of all
no actual dragons
but h-how could one survive??
stasis cubes... would have made the final battle a bit cooler huh?
>>
>>51889341
>just wanted to point out for the lurkers that a regular bond was used, not a dedicated mindrape weave.

There's no distinction that I recall.

Basically if you bond a channeler you couldn't force them to do your bidding.

If you bonded someone that couldn't channel, then they'd have to obey you.....
>>
>>51903858
So Min is the dedicated pet of the Team Dragon bond?
>>
>>51903998
No, because it was Elaine/Avienda doing the bonding, including Min with the Virtual Reality weave.

Had Rand done the bonding then he could have forced her to obey I guess.
>>
>>51903604
You shouldn't be able to relate with spoopy evil black eternity Though Sandersoon does do something like that in Mistborn
>>
>>51904449
To be fair, Sanderson's spoopy evil black eternity from Mistborn is just a shard of a greater whole that wasn't entirely evil to begin with, basically kind of like Aku except less amusing
>>
>>51904449
>You shouldn't be able to relate with the main antagonist
yet Sandy kinda tried that when rand shows what the world would be like without the spoopy ebil black eternity "EvEn If YoU bEaT mE i StIl wIn. mUa Ha Ha" Thats the whole point of a juxtaposition, some may say it's a "plot twist"
>>
File: FingolfinVsMorgoth.jpg (261KB, 600x1095px) Image search: [Google]
FingolfinVsMorgoth.jpg
261KB, 600x1095px
>>51904684
>relating with main antagonists
>in high fantasy
That's just not how it's done
>>
>>51903858
>Basically if you bond a channeler you couldn't force them to do your bidding.

Channeling may not be part of it, the Asha'man who get bonded to Aes Sedai can be forced just fine. It might just be Rand being ta'veren, or plain old stubbornness/personality warping. By the time he was bonded and Alanna tried to compel him through it, he'd been reciting that list in his head and growing harder and harder. It got so bad that by book, what, nine, his emotions were described as a hardened, heavy mass of stone or iron (and "wrong" according to Elayne), their only other element veins of gold that seemed to pulse when he looked at Elayne, Aviendha or Min.
>>
Should I read Wheel of Time?
>>
>>51905395
Yes
>>
>>51905395
No
>>
>>51905395
If you like tge first and second book you'll like the rest. Personally I wish I never picked it up.
>>
>>51906446
I liked the first couple books but couldn't continue past 6. The story shifts tone once Rand accepts his dragon-ness
>>
>>51895429
Honestly that just sounds like any average character in the series.

>Be a fuckup
>fuck up
>continue
>repeat
>>
>>51905395
I read to 10. The story tone shifts hard a few times so if something gets you into, it won't necessarily be the majority of the experience. Also the pacing is SHIT for like 4-5 books. I don't regret the time I spent reading/rereading it, but I also don't regret never finishing.
>>
File: tumblr_nnaguvdnI81rwbwbfo5_1280.png (703KB, 550x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnaguvdnI81rwbwbfo5_1280.png
703KB, 550x1000px
>>51905395

It has its highs and lows, the first book is pretty much fellowship of the ring complete with a gandalf with tits but after that it becomes an excellent high fantasy with a lot of storylines that intermingle regularly.

There is a low point after book seven which I'm currently slogging through with more character development than major events but it's still okay. The sheer number of minor characters can be a bit mindboggling sometimes though.
>>
File: tumblr_nnagqflDly1rwbwbfo1_1280.png (657KB, 550x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnagqflDly1rwbwbfo1_1280.png
657KB, 550x1000px
>>
File: tumblr_nnaguvdnI81rwbwbfo4_1280.png (702KB, 550x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnaguvdnI81rwbwbfo4_1280.png
702KB, 550x1000px
>>
>>51904749
>>relating with one of your former friends that has gone on a power trip
Nice try, come back with a better example

>>51905289
>the Asha'man who get bonded to Aes Sedai can be forced just fine
Not according the the last book, they explicitly state that bonded channelers CANNOT be forced.

Maybe it's just Sandy screwing up the lore, in which case there is no point debating any further....
>>
>>51906554
>The story shifts tone once Rand GOES CRAZY UNTIL THE LAST TWO BOOKS
ftfy
>>
File: Lanfear_2.jpg (153KB, 680x850px) Image search: [Google]
Lanfear_2.jpg
153KB, 680x850px
>>51906787
Most of them have at least one moment where they do the right thing or at least don't fuck up, hell even Galad brings the whitecloaks around and even manages to do some impressive shit near the end. Meanwhile Gawyn never really redeems himself in any way.
>>51861219
I would think that Rand would have broken that taboo at least a little.

Come to think of it seeing as how Rand was marrying multiple women anyway he should have just let Lanfear join the harem, yeah she was crazy as fuck but so was every other woman in his life, maybe it would have evened out.
>>
>>51908635
Lanfear would have murdered Elayne, Aviendha and Min immediately.

Even Lews Therin never really loved her, he admitted it in one of those memory spurts that all "Mierin Eronaile" ever really loved was power, which was why he went for Ilyena.
>>
>>51906857

Jumped ship too soon. Shit gets better after ten.

It's like you made it through the entire marathon of shit, and then stopped when you could see the finish line.
>>
>>51907814
He goes full dragon by the end of book 2 but isnt genuinely crazy till like book 5.
>>
>>51909508
>read to book 10 of a 14 book series
>almost 3/4 of the series
>too soon
>>
>>51909674

Yeah. It started getting better after ten. 6 on through ten were the worst. If you can slog through those you might as well finish the job.
>>
>>51909714
I dunno, things finally started happening by the end of 6. Regardless I still couldn't endure more, but I'd made that decision like 100 pages in
>>
>>51909714
As slow as it got, 6 had some of the best moments in the series up to and through the climax.

>"Why seek the Aes Sedai? Many of us will die."
>"They have caged Shadowkiller."
>"WE COME."

>"Asha'man, raise the barrier two spans!"
>"Asha'man, kill!"

>"I forget nothing, Aes Sedai. I said six could come, but I count nine. I said you would be on an equal footing with the Tower emissaries, and for bringing nine, you will be. They are on their knees, Aes Sedai. Kneel!"

>"Kneel before the Lord Dragon, or you will be knelt."
>>
>>51907779
>friends
>in wheel of time
So what you're saying is that it's totally normal for them to treat each other as unrelatable strangers
>>
>"The golden crane flies for Tarmon Gai'don!"
Holy fucking shit this is one of the best scenes.
Debatable if it's worth the slog, but I certainly don't regret it.
>>
>>51910320
Reminder that Perrin found Dumai's Wells so bloodthirsty and horrifying after the Asha'man were unleashed that he straight up vomited all over the ground at the carnage, and can't think of it even five books later without feeling sick.

It would have been horrifying for somebody who can't see the weaves. Just black-clothed men, and suddenly blood, bone, organs, and entrails flying everywhere.
>>
>>51891107
So it's essentially saying that he is in the best timeline? Pretty great, anon.
>>
>>51911709
or the best cycle
>>
>>51911355
I don't really see how the weaves would make it any less horrifying
>>
>>51911750
Because at least you can see the weaves as they happen, so you know what's happening. Without that, it's just blood and death for no visible reason.
>>
Daily reminder that egwene is trash
>>
>>51911770
Well the earth was exploding. That might be some indication
>>
>>51911782
They are all trash
>>
>>51911799
That came later.

The first set of attacks are quite literally described as "the first rank of the Shadow exploded" followed by "then the second rank, then the third".
>>
>>51911830
>Shadow
Shaido, even. Stupid autocorrect.
>>
File: Chachin.jpg (509KB, 1360x2105px) Image search: [Google]
Chachin.jpg
509KB, 1360x2105px
>>
>>51911809
Egwene is extra-trash.
>>
File: Breaking_of_the_World.jpg (683KB, 2048x1599px) Image search: [Google]
Breaking_of_the_World.jpg
683KB, 2048x1599px
>>
File: 1469444031487.jpg (96KB, 996x637px) Image search: [Google]
1469444031487.jpg
96KB, 996x637px
>>
File: Asha'man kill!.png (2MB, 1685x576px) Image search: [Google]
Asha'man kill!.png
2MB, 1685x576px
>>51910320
>>
Well fellow anons, after 4 days of lurking here I've decided to try and finish the series. Last time I put it down at knife of dreams (?), let's see if I can actually finish it this time.
>>
>>51917101
Godspeed, anon. Godspeed.
>>
>>51917101

I wish you luck you crazy bastard.
>>
>>51917101
>stopped at Knife of Dreams

Ouch. Good luck.
Thread posts: 282
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.