[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Song of Swords: Bulletproof Codpiece edition.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 391
Thread images: 61

File: Haselrig's Helm.jpg (48KB, 662x479px) Image search: [Google]
Haselrig's Helm.jpg
48KB, 662x479px
Last time on Song of Swords:
More Tournament Characters.
Can wooden armor rust?
Tfw no King Daki
We all keep a Tight Grip.

The KS link & Opaque's website
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2006613790/song-of-swords-tabletop-roleplaying-game
http://www.songofswords.net/

Song of Swords is a a tabletop RPG centered around realistic medieval fightan' with a ludicrous variety of weapons and fighting styles, centered around a dice pool system. It's currently in beta, and can be used for both fantasy and historical games. Kickstarter is happening NOW we are kicking ass baby!

Call of the Void: Ballad of the Laser Whales is a pulpy sci-fi tabletop RPG about fighting space-nazis and hunting giant whales with harpoons made out of the moon. Its combat system is more modern, based in the early 20th century, but can probably handle combat up to the present day.

MEGA folder containing current version of the game and all supplementary materials.
Note that the latest version of the game is v1.9.9 but with additional supplements. It's NOT what's currently on Opaque's website, because Jimmy is Jimmy.
https://mega.nz/#F!S89jTT7J!ozFi9GvzaFGHfBa59Ik2-Q

Here's a wiki detailing SoS's fantasy setting, getting filled up bit by bit as Jimmy reveals more details:
http://tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Tattered_Realms_Wiki

We also have a Discord now, at https://discord.gg/zzTq7Xw
Come join us if you wanna ask a question or have a friendly fecht, or shitpost at Jimmy in real-time

And a Rediit: https://www.reddit.com/r/SongofSwordsRPG/

There's also a roll20 room where new players are encouraged to try the rules, test new rules, and find game breaking issues: https://app.roll20.net/join/346755/hRKd4w
the room might be empty, but the people who teach the game still browse the thread frequently. If you're looking to learn, post here in the thread. We also play Guy Windsor's card game Audatia in the room.

AND THE LEGEND MARCHES ON!
>>
Last Thread: >>51829768
>>
>>51849784
it's cus it's literally a redrawing of a Frazetta picture.
>>
Jimmy, when are you updating next? It's been a few days.
>>
I've always loved dice pools and autistical detail, so this system looks pretty great right off the bat, and I've been meaning to run a fantasy campaign anyway.

Does it have elves in it?
>>
>>51850067
Five different kinds.
>>
>>51850067
There's multiple flavors of elves. From shut in nerds and man-eating, metal sensitive elves to crazy powerful elves that shoot freaking laser beams from their freaking eyes and sea faring elves that use elf-waagh to create a living ship that allows for automated travel and telepathic communication between its crew

You can have so many elf waifus
>>
>>51850112
cool. Are any of them total shitheels?

I ask because one of the flgs regulars I game with has a serious hate boner for elves, so being able to make a campaign about fighting some wold be a good way to ease them into something new.
>>
>>51850112
>man-eating, metal sensitive elves
Now how about metal-eating man sensitive elves?
>>
>>51850177
Burdinandin
>>
>>51850162
The Orredin are the epitome of shitheels
>>
>>51850162
All of them are. But that's mostly because everyone in the setting is a shitheel without question.

Specifically though; The Neets do shit that'd make Josef Mengele cringe, the Metal sensitive elves eat babies because they can't eat anything that can't talk, the Laser eye elves destroyed most of the world because their city fell on it and the sea elves rape and rape and rape.

I'm sure someone else can explain further on all of these tho, I'm sure i've misrepresented someone's elf waifu as well.

Eskarne the best regardless
>>
>>51850226
They're Greeks with superpowers, what else would they be?
>>
Jimmy should just fucking canonize zellmurhaja and ask coffee for a big to put in a book.
>>
>>51850162
The Zells (the sea-faring elves) are pretty infamous for terrorizing certain parts of Vosca, and for their hatred of mankind in general. Easy villains for a campaign about a couple humans sticking it to those pointy-eared fuckers.
>>
>>51850162
>Are any of them total shitheels?
I mean you could really frame any of them like that depending on where you are and what you're doing.

One Zell fleet is lead by Zell-Hitler almost literally. He was a slave to humans and now wants to genetically cleanse the earth of them with superior Zell seed. He's got some weird hang-ups though like his human wife whom he showers with gifts and affection while claiming to despise her entire race and culture.

One Burdinadin Glade has got Mustard Gas down and is 200% okay with using it on lower creatures such as vermin, pests and trespassing humans. They also only drip feed trinkets and gifts to neighbouring states to keep them sweet as opposed to anything useful that could save lives. Though that's probably the only way they'll stay independent.

Some Ohanedin tribe will kidnap and eat children who have the audacity to be born and try to grow up in their ancestral homelands.

Orredin however I think can fit into the hate-able mould the best, they live in a literal flying city above everyone else, once held the world in their palm and were unspeakably cruel they glassed Jerusalem with a huge laser and have their fingers in just about every pie on the continent. If you wanted to do a story about uncovering how the succession crisis in your homeland was started by an elf noble living seven-hundred miles away because the legitimate hair was going to stop exporting his favourite wine then these are your guys.
>>
>>51850360
>the legitimate hair
le Trump face
>>
>>51850162
Burdinadin are superscience neets that have turned their entire existence into a big sociological experiment in figuring out just how diverse shitty dystopias can be. They consider humans inferior beings to be exterminated when convenient.
Ohanedin eat speaking beings and are very strict about oaths, as you'd expect from woodsy elves, and consider humans inferior beings worth only food.
Sugaardin just float about on their boats all day and consider humans to be curiosities worth keeping as pets, same as other animeals, or as potential sex partners. Some also consider humans to be land creatures which shouldn't be allowed on the ocean.
Orredin are floating city elitists with powers that let them easily dominate lesser races. They are literally the master race of the setting, if you count only those that breed. Orredin consider humans to be inferior beings that are nonetheless suitable for slaves and for eugenics.
Paladin are dead people that learned about the nature of God and came back to the mortal coil. They know fucking everything and don't die permanently. Paladins consider humans to be inferior beings who are slaves to God.
Hostoadin are fractious beings that create political structures for no purpose but to oppress others. They consider other humans to be inferior races fit only to maintain the land that they haven't bothered to reclaim by force of arms yet.

Some people say goblins are elves that lost their focus but that's bullshit.
>>
>>51850177
>man sensitive elves?
Cocksense?
>>
Could someone explain how making a school actually works? That is to say, how much you need to pay for it. And where does the diference between a human and a non-human come into play?
>>
>>51851183
As I understand it schools work like follows:
You have a base cost for shools, that you always pay. These differ from school to school. Noble shools base cost is 2 for example. Then you have costs that you have to pay to add a primary or secondary, how much that costs is also different per school. Again taking noble as an example a primary proficiency costs 2 to add, a secondary costs 1 to add. That all is found in this line of the schools instructions:
>Cost: [2]+2 per Primary, +1 per Secondary
This is where humans Racial feature "Willing to learn" comes into play:
>When purchasing Schools, Human characters reduce the cost of each Proficiency Core added to the School by 1.
So for a primary proficiency in a noble school a Human character would only pay 1 instead of 2, and secondary proficiencies are practically free in the case of noble school, going from a cost of 1 to 0.

Once you have all that down, your school has a proficiency level of 1 and can be advanced just like a normal proficiency.
What the effective proficiency level of one proficiency of a shool is is different however. For example the noble school has this
>Proficiencies: 1-2 Primary [+2], 1-5 Secondary [+0]
That means the Primary Proficiencies are at +2 relative to the level of the school. So if you have a Noble school level of 6, you can use your primary proficiencies at 8. But for talents and stuff only the level of the school counts, I think.

After that you can advance the school beyond level one just as if it is just a single proficiency, using the same table for the costs and all.

So, that's how I understand it, anyone feel free to correct me on any mistake I may have made.
>>
How are wounds gonna work in the tourney? Like, if you lose a limb or eye but win, is that carried over?
>>
>>51849923
Well, two things:
1: I don't handle the updates, because I'm a bit too prone to droning on about lore and trying to give dramatic speeches. Bones and Claymroe do the KS updates.

2: We have one coming, as they've told me before, they try to space them out because too-frequent updates annoy the more casual backers, and can prompt them to drop the project just to be rid of the blips.
>>
>>51850162
>Are any of them total shitheels
Perhaps not as a race, but they all have total shitheel characters.

>Zells
Rade Sark, who is basically Zell-Hitler, fucking hates humans and advocates exterminating all humans. Has a human girlfriend he keeps in his ship, and showers with affection. Total shitheel.

>Orredin
There used to be a people called the Mikanni, the first humans to develop sorcery, and powerful numeralogical magic that allowed them to investigate deep mysteries of the magical world. The Helians hit them with a gigantic magic laser from their floating island and meticulously killed every living thing in their country, crystalizing all of the sand, and rendering it a lifeless wasteland. It is now called "The Land of Glass and Sorrow." They did this because they didn't like competition. Ok so maybe Orredin ARE all shitheels.

>Ohanedin
A coming of age tradition among the Ohanedin is for their young people to kidnap young humans, tie them to posts, and then do a maypole dance that strangles them to death. Then they cut them open and eat them, or offer their organs to girls as courting gifts.

>Burdinadin
One of the lore-pieces details them developing mustard gas. At the end the designer assures the ethics board of his company that they it wasn't meant for use against people, and they would only use it on "animals, aggressive vermin, and humans."
>>
File: b72.jpg (89KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
b72.jpg
89KB, 800x534px
>>51852698
>offer their organs to girls as courting gifts
>>
>>51852864
>the elf is laughing because the gnome misunderstood "win her a heart" as "win her heart"
>>
>repeatedly pledging and unpledging to make the numbers wiggle

it's fun!
>>
The add on s for the kickstarter list an NPC army deck 1 and NPC army deck 2, but the pledge levels all just mention 'an' NPC army deck. Are there two separate decks? Do I need to pledge extra for the add on to get both?
>>
>>51853178
I think the pledge levels that get the first deck in print will get the second in print too.
Other than that the second deck will also be part of the digital pack iirc. So every pledge level that gets the digital pack gets the second deck as part of that too
>>
>>51851470
You're forgetting the cost of actually purchasing the proficiencies to add, which is another point of cost. That means that Humans basically pay exactly what is listed for the school, and everyone else pays one higher.
>>
>>51853498
I feel like that could be a bit clearer in the rulebook
>>
>>51853050
>>
>>51853050
So that was you, you cunt. Stop rustling my autism.
>>
Who the fuck is this "Jessica" that answers questions in the KS comments?
>>
>>51853050

Yeah, everyone should try it, especially if they are on one of the sold out pledge levels ;)
>>
>>51853498
Ah, I see. I wasn't aware of that. Upon rereading a part of the Schools section still is unclear to me. It says
>Each Proficiency added to a School must be paid for normally
Okay, I get that. I pay what level 1 in the proficiency would cost me, which is 1 point. But then it says
>though Humans, because of their racial characteristic Willing to Learn, purchase Proficiencies for 1 point instead of 2.
>instead of 2
Which now completely throws me off, because that implies that "paying for normally" means paying 2 (for everyone who is not human), wheras the table for the costs list 1.

But yeah, revisiting the shitty and typo ridden character creation cheat sheet I made some time ago it also hast the 1 point extra cost per proficiency, except for human characters.
>>
>>51853726
Jimmy. He's secretly been a tranny this entire time.
>>
File: 1468298619248.gif (87KB, 192x197px) Image search: [Google]
1468298619248.gif
87KB, 192x197px
>>51853498
Welp, looks like I fucked up my character for the tournament and no one even noticed it, or bothered to let me know. This is actually a bit upsetting since it fucks up the kinda story I wanted to make with it, since now it's more worthwhile for me to have just taken self-taught school.

Time to scrap the backstory and start over, although I might give up on competing at this point
>>
>>51853726
I assume it's Claymore's wife, since that's the only female I've heard of having any association with Opaque, though I guess Bones could be married and it's not like I'd know.
>>
>>51853726
I was under the impression that she is the Australian.
>>
>>51853808
The Australian is female.
>>
>>51853866
>>51853881
>the woman who took a fucking year to make the 1.2 PDF, which turns out not to be a formatted mockup at all
>but apparently has the dedication to answer questions
Eh?
>>
>>51853807
Its likely only a cp you've lost unless you took a billion proficiency.
>>
So with regard to melee throw. It says it loses damage for every range beyond. What does this mean? That its better to throw full sized spears than javelins? Also would "it was on purpose" work with melee throw? It mentions fling and melee shoot but not throw.
>>
>>51853726
Jessica is the Australian, and our chief editor. I urge you not to assume things that are not true. Actually much of our success can be attributed to her. You do not know how close we have been to failure, and how narrowly we have been rescued by the expertise of some of our comrades--she most of all.
>>
File: 2017-01-30_13-02-40.jpg (268KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-30_13-02-40.jpg
268KB, 1920x1080px
>>51855066
I lost 4 levels and 3 talents because I'm a fucking retard and only accounted for the school costs for the proficiencies at level 1, and just used the proficiency table to give me a reference for the point costs per level instead of reading that one paragraph a page or two later and noticing they cost 1 more for me
>>
>>51855136
Also I only took two proficiencies
>>
>>51855136
Not human?
>>
>>51855369
Not human because I was kinda hoping to have more interesting non-humans show up in the setting
>>
>>51855386
Do we have a goblin yet?
>>
>>51855411
There's at least Rudgar the Reclaimer
>>
So let's say I wanted to take Animal Affinity: Bees for my tourney character would you call that a 4 or a 6 value level?
>>
>>51855564
Go home, The Pain
>>
>>51855616
Answer the question /sos/.
>>
>>51855644
I'd give it a 4 just because bees aren't as wild and aggressive as the ones for 6 points
>>
>>51855564
On a related note, how would the church treat a foreign missionary in Illegon? I'm trying the price my Enemies bane correctly.
>>
>>51855762
Great stuff, my thanks.
>>
File: tumblr_nkthswumzc1rmf97co1_500.gif (2MB, 496x496px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nkthswumzc1rmf97co1_500.gif
2MB, 496x496px
http://paste2.org/VmKOg9cy

Fixed proficiencies and added a gay backstory for my tourney waif- character.
>>
>>51855136
How did you lose 4 levels?. Like humans are 5pcp for noble, 4 for soldier and officer, non human are 7 for soldier and noble, 6 for officer. At least at base
>>
>>51855982
I don't know, I'm a bit exhausted from struggling with it. At this point I'd rather aim very low than actually try to work it out
>>
>>51855136
Who's your character? Maybe we can rig it back up.
>>
>>51856155
This one
>>51855962
>>
>>51855962
The good news is that you actually fucked up your original Proficiency. You should have Level 9 Officer if you pay for everything properly.
>>
>>51856319
How is that so? Is the 2 proficiency points only for level 1? Because before that paste I had made another one at level 10, then I saw my mistakes and thought I fixed it properly
>>
>>51855962
>>51856168
>>51856350

[1] + (2+1) + (1+1) = 6 to create the school
This leaves 15 points left.

It takes 14 points to get to level 9 proficiency. You have one point left, so take a separate Self Taught or whatever.

Therefore your actual CPs would be

1H Sword: 17
Dagger: 16
>>
File: 1465703860313.png (202KB, 365x363px) Image search: [Google]
1465703860313.png
202KB, 365x363px
>>51856378
I think I understand it now. Just don't tell my players how incompetent I am
>>
>>51851851
Everyone will be magically healed the instant their opponent dies. You'll start each fight clean. In the event of a simultaneous double kill, we'll figure something out.
>>
>>51856418
I ran a game for two years without realizing range penalties affect defenses too. Don't worry, everyone is a little bit retarded.
>>
>>51853757
We discussed that last thread. The table is right, the paragraph is wrong.
>>
>>51856427
If there's a double kill then whoever went in with less CP or the more interesting character should win.
>>
>>51856434
What about juggernaut, the talent would that affect double kill situations at all
>>
>>51855100
It means -1 damage for reach range step within the weapon's reach. Here are examples

You're holding a longsword, L reach. The combat is at Medium. If you weapon throw, you have -1 damage. there's one step between where you are (M) and the nominal reach of the sword (L)

You have an EL spear and the combat is at Short. Your weapon throw suffers -4 damage.

You have an LL pike and the fight is at HA. Your throw has -7 damage.

Whether Tall or Short affects this is unclear, but I'd say no.
It was on purpose does not affect weapon throw.
>>
File: question1.png (454KB, 700x784px) Image search: [Google]
question1.png
454KB, 700x784px
>>51856603
Could you rephrase that?
>>
>>51856625
What about the opposite direction such as throwing a short spear at a guy with a pike
>>
>>51856721
Juggernaut,the talent, causes someone not to die when they would be killed. Said Dead Guy now kills his opponent. How would that affect the calculations considering the Juggernaut doesn't die till the end of the round where as the other guy dies on attack resolution
>>
>>51856603
If you stave off death with juggernaut and kill your enemy with your half-CP blow? In SOS, time is measured in Actions. Juggernaut merely delays the wound until the end of the Action. So you're still killing each other at the same time. It would be a double kill.
>>
>>51856775
No problem. The only problem is when they're inside your range. If they're at it or beyond it, there's no penalty.
>>
>>51855564
6, for a more aggressive species like African Honey or Wasps.

I can just imagine a guy with a Beehive on a wagon, selling honey and pain everywhere he goes.
>>
File: JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.webm (497KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.webm
497KB, 1280x720px
>>51855962
http://paste2.org/tMfdkbFd

Actually fixed edition, after going through the five stages of grief and the help of a few kind souls
>>
>>51856803
I dunno. That question is above my paygrade.
>>
>>51856816
Thanks with all these people with spear that pierce the sky I figured something's getting thrown eventually
>>
JIMMY

We've reached the adventure goal, can you tell us what the adventure will be? Is it going to be a poll like the adventure decks? I'm personally okay with whatever you want but I know a lot of our backers aren't from here, they might not know the lore and all that stuff, maybe you should ask them what they want.

For those who don't really know, the most fechts have been produced by Galt and Jimmy. Galt's fechts are usually simple, but laden with religious themes and feels. Jimmy's fechts tend to be more labyrinthine and cynical. I don't know what we're going to get but I think we should have some say in the matter, those of us who backed the game. I don't want to be negative, but an adventure isn't a Fecht. You have to be very careful with this sort of thing.
>>
I was playing For Honor just a minute ago as a Nobushi, the naginata user, you know? I was in a duel with a Lawbringer, the huge halberd knight. He was smacking my ass around and shoved me up to a ledge, but when he tried to knock me off I managed to parry and kick him down for the win. It was great.

>>51856863
Some advice you were given was slightly misleading. Your pugilism is just a proficiency, it's not a Self-Taught school. I'd change that to avoid confusion. You've got your officer school, and then your pugilism proficiency.

Note that if you actually use pugilism you won't have access to any of your talents from your officer school. It's a last resort!

I'd like to remind everyone to mark down what maneuvers you have at the Superior level because of the Pugilism or Wrestling proficiencies.
Normally (that is, RAW) you only have access to those Superior versions when you are actually using that proficiency. I propose a houserule where you continue to have Superior versions available even when you're using another proficiency. For instance, while using 1H Sword, you'll still have access to Superior Kick and Superior Clinch. What do you guys think?
>>
File: 1469659013033.jpg (203KB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
1469659013033.jpg
203KB, 1280x721px
>>51857090
Yeah, I'm aware it's not actually part of a school, but I'll change the wording just to be sure. I felt like getting an extra dagger anyways, so it works out.

http://paste2.org/zCVHGwvA
>>
>>51857090
>>51857210
Oh and I'll be marking down the maneuvers in just a few minutes as well
>>
>>51857090
how the hell does a flimsy-ass weapon like a naginata parry a goddamn halberd
>>
>>51857380
The same way a flimsy ass weapon like a bill or a glaive parries it. Pretty well.
>>
>>51857380
Most of the crap in that silly game don't make any sense. I was parrying that same halberd as a woman with a shortsword and a companion dagger.
>>
File: snug smug.jpg (45KB, 540x559px) Image search: [Google]
snug smug.jpg
45KB, 540x559px
>>51857380
>this is your average Song of Swords fan
>>
>>51857430
We've degenerated a long way from the early days, when most threads were composed of learning how pretty fine Japanese arms and armor are.
>>
>>51857380
>>51857407
It isn't a halberd. It's a poleaxe.
>>
File: ilya.png (202KB, 394x465px) Image search: [Google]
ilya.png
202KB, 394x465px
>>51857476
Whatever. I'm sleepy and frustrated at the game's shitty Peer2Peer matchmaking and shittier balancing and even shittier combo recognition.
>>
File: Burdinadin.png (534KB, 1110x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Burdinadin.png
534KB, 1110x1600px
>>51853498
>>51851470
You're wrong, by the way. Humans don't reduce the >Cost: [2]+2 per Primary, +1 per Secondary. Willing to learn reduces the cost of Proficiency Core, which is level 1 on the table, and costs one point. The one that says Core Manuevers.

So to use noble as you have, a human to make a Noble school with primary in Spear and 2H Blunt 420 and a secondary in pugilism would cost him 5gp and 7 PP 2+2+2+1+0+0+0. For a dirty Burdinadin who wants the exact same tutelage it would cost him 5gp 10 PP 2+2[pri]+2[pri]+1[sec]+1[core]+1[core]+1[core]

And on that note, here's my entrant to the tournament with a sheet reduction for easy combat reading.

http://paste2.org/Hhs5OgCY
>>
>>51857380
By... almost being a halbard I'd imagine.
>>
>>51857567
>Kill Stanislaw Bozhinko and Jerzy Korczak
Are those other contestants? Are they murderhobos that need to be punished?
>>
>>51857663
more of a glaive, really
>>
>>51857700
No, they're famous. He wants to be the very best, like no-one ever was. So killing people famous for killing people is a good goal
>>
>>51857754
Well yes, obviously but "By... almost being a glaive and thus sharing the category of polearm I'd imagine." didn't make for as neat a post.
>>
>>51857567
No armor?
>>
File: 1374794983224.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1374794983224.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>>51857787
I see! I'm interested in seeing your character fight. Good luck, Vino-san!
>>
>>51857828
Nope. Why would he wear armour? There's no way he'd lose.
>>51857834
Sadly, I'm retracting him. Upon reflection he's far too much of a murderhobo. Gonna make someone else
>>
>>51857888
Ah.

To be honest, I just hope people are good sports and will humor attempts at roleplay, especially the murderhobo-esque contestants. Life is suffering as an arquebusier in this tournament.
>>
>>51857462
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSUaKHRz44&list=PLiQiSahKNJffCs9SeO5Ezhsg-FCCDXPjQ&index=6

OPAQUE PLAYLIST
>>
>>51858032
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Be1_6rqKMM&list=PLiQiSahKNJffCs9SeO5Ezhsg-FCCDXPjQOr wait, is this it?
>>
>>51858032
>>51858421
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiQiSahKNJffCs9SeO5Ezhsg-FCCDXPjQHere we go.
>>
A hungry Ohanedin stole my parrot :(
>>
>>51858032
>>51858421
>>51858436
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiQiSahKNJffCs9SeO5Ezhsg-FCCDXPjQ
You are all retarded
>>
>>51857380
Unarmored Noble school and dice advantage, duh
>>
>>51857380
>axe-on-stick vs sword on stick
Gee, I wonder.
>>
>>51855104
>You do not know how close we have been to failure
I can see why you're not allowed to write Kickstarter updates.
>>
Two fighters with swords engage in a fight.
They proceed to step closer and closer, one fighter pushing for the Deep Draw he so desperately craves.
They both switch to the Half Sword for their own reasons.
The other fighter, fearing the blade, engages a Clinch using his sword, tapping Grappling at the Sword.
They tussle, and the grapple moves to the ground.
By Clinch rules, most other maneuvars are fair play in a grapple, so when the second fighter declares a Thrust within the grapple, the first fighter Parries, and engages a Hilt Push to leverage his better Defense TN

Is there a situation with more modifiers in play than this?
>>
File: underpowered in SoS.jpg (154KB, 1846x632px) Image search: [Google]
underpowered in SoS.jpg
154KB, 1846x632px
TODAY I WILL REMIND THEM
>>
File: always up for it.jpg (37KB, 255x412px) Image search: [Google]
always up for it.jpg
37KB, 255x412px
>>51859474
>>
Somebody mentioned a form-fillable character sheet in the last thread. Does anybody happen to have that on hand?
>>
>>51859510
>>
>>51859692
Thanks.
>>
For a character with a L weapon and Heavy Armor, is it better to have Ironwall or Stepping Parry?
Flipping a lobster on his back is how you kill him so I want to avoid going Prone, but controlling reach is valuable as well.
>>
>>51858452

wait, does that count?
>>
>>51859784
Mimicking birds are explicitly mentioned as being Elf-Kosher.
>>
>>51859792

baller.
>>
File: 54135285.jpg (56KB, 640x356px) Image search: [Google]
54135285.jpg
56KB, 640x356px
>>51859474
>Cutting the name field out
>>
>>51859763
It's really kind of a toss up. L isn't too tremendously short or long, so range isn't a huge issue. I'd say to go Ironwall.
>>
File: 0e1.png (247KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
0e1.png
247KB, 472x472px
>>51857090
http://paste2.org/5CGWzY9Z

Hopefully this will be the last time I'll update my character. I feel like I should start deleting my other posts
>>
File: armor.png (217KB, 2760x1228px) Image search: [Google]
armor.png
217KB, 2760x1228px
Do you get +4 AVB against unarmed attacks, or not?
The equipment update is the younger update. Does it take priority?
>>
>>51860569
Word Of God said that the +4 was for Hard armor.
>>
>>51860633
I don't care about God, I only want the words of Jimmy or Rhade.
Stop using tv tropes degenerate, lest you be associated with them
>>
>>51860633
I think that's good. AVU = AVB+4 on Hard armor, but not on soft.
>>
>it'd been literally days since we last got a stretch goal
Dead kickstarter dead game
>>
>>51862034
Are you fucking joking?
>>
>>51862089
Nope. It has been multiple days.
>>
File: ZLfR3bY.jpg (84KB, 564x837px) Image search: [Google]
ZLfR3bY.jpg
84KB, 564x837px
Which warrior sword is best in game?
>>
>>51862285
>not Warriors Word
One job
>>
>>51862285
>there's no Egyptian Warrior Sword
I'll have to go with CAPS LOCK then.
>>
>>51862285
Isn't the mongolian and arabic just different versions of Kilij sword?
>>
>>51862285
Are you fighting a fully armoured European knight as media portrays them?
Yes? HAHA don't bother, grapple and Toss
No: Katana for its Draw, especially with Tight Grip 2
>>
>>51862285
Khopesh
>>
>>51862339
>katana
>tight grip 2
You know you can't double stack custom grip. You gotta get two difference ones, not two of the same
>>
>>51862410
>>51843256
>>
>>51862445
Tight grips all around!
>>
>>51862468
>>51862445
fuck no
>>
>>51862488
Tight grip 3, coming trough.
>>
>>51862445
>"We'll have to address that."
>therefore it works my way!
>>
>>51862532
>"Can you use Custom Grip to get the same thing twice?"
>"I think so."
>>
>>51862555
>"think"
Jimmy also thought strength caps were a good idea
double custom grip is a bad idea. He doesn't know that because he doesn't play SoS
>>
>>51862285
I did not mean to cause so much strife.
>>
>>51862583
>posting about weapons and combat
>in a form that encourages discussion and debate
>somehow avoiding strife
>>
>>51862576
Jimmy has also said the opposite in the past in the Roll20. I think we made a note in yellow of it, but I can't check right now
>>
Instead of a crossguard I'm going to put two extra hilts on my sword so I can have tight grip 6.
>>
>The furthest thing in the world from a commander of men or even a soldier, Eskarne the Oathkeeper has a way of attracting fools nevertheless.

>She is hounded incessantly by a train of disappointed suitors, rejected pupils, and embittered rivals. This is to say nothing of scholars, observers and cultists who worship her as some sort of demigod! She is one of the greatest spearfighters the Ohanedin race has ever seen--and they know their business. Her erstwhile camp followers… Perhaps not so much.

>Deck Theme: Rejected Students, Spear Aspirants, Obsessive Fans, Vengeful Widows

Kinda wish I voted for her now.
>>
>>51862650
Jokes on you, I'll just quickdraw your sword
>>
>>51862706
Can we vote on the decks? Do I have to be a backer? When's the vote end?
>>
>>51862733
The vote is in the third backer update.
>>
>>51862745
Well fuck, I can't back for another week or so
>>
>>51862706
You can change your vote.
>>
>>51862753
>I can't back for another week or so
?

you know you arent actually charged the money until the campaign ends, right?
>>
>>51862753
You realize it doesn't immediately charge you, right? It only charges you on the 19th of March, when the campaign ends.

I reserved one of the royalty slots using this knowledge
>>
>>51862706
>The furthest thing in the world from a commander of men or even a soldier, Hillary Rodham Clinton has a way of attracting fools nevertheless.

>She is hounded incessantly by a train of disappointed suitors, rejected pupils, and embittered rivals. This is to say nothing of scholars, observers and cultists who worship her as some sort of demigod! She is one of the elites the WASP race has ever seen – and they know their business. Her erstwhile camp followers… Perhaps not so much.

>Deck Theme: Rejected Students, Sycophantic Aspirants, Obsessive Fans, Vengeful Widows

Kinda wish I voted for her now.
>>
>>51862770
Yeah, but I need to make sure I actually have the money
>>
Ok so i know there was a whole thing about this last thread, but which version do I download to try things out properly?
>>
>>51862753
You don't have to be a backer to see it or vote. I'm not and I just did.
>>
File: FUROR.jpg (17KB, 200x225px) Image search: [Google]
FUROR.jpg
17KB, 200x225px
>>51862772
>>
>>51862785
1.9.9 LaTeX.
>>
>Crécerelle D'arceline
>not Crécerelle d'Arceline
What is this bullshit?
>>
File: anime_girl_reaction_face (68).png (356KB, 599x510px) Image search: [Google]
anime_girl_reaction_face (68).png
356KB, 599x510px
>>51862792
I play for keeps, motherfucker.
>>
>>51862787
Oh no
Somone tell Jimmy, if only so the poll can't be rigged
>>
>>51862830
>Jimmy
Tell Bones. It has nothing to do with Jimmy.
>>
! A NEW CHALLENGER HAS ARRIVED !
>>
>>51862830
It's okay anon, I backed right after.
>>
>>51862852
And I fuck it up, kill me
http://paste2.org/Jtg7LahN
>>
>>51862785
1.9.9 with the October 2015 grappling supplement and the September 2016 Equipment supplement

The LaTeX 1.9.9 PDF is quite good, but I do not think it includes both of those supplements.
>>
>>51862870
I think LaTeX has everything, including the new initiative system.
>>
>>51862885
I didn't see the new grappling, Grappling at the Sword talent, etc. in LaTeX. If it has everything else, great! But we'd still need that add-on.
>>
>>51862856
Noble schools have to have at least one secondary proficiency.
>>
LATEX does need the new grapple rules.
>>
File: 9001.png (311KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
9001.png
311KB, 640x480px
Here are all characters I currently have submitted to the tournament! If you're not on here, or if you want to withdraw one of yours, let me know. Check that the link I have to your stats is the latest version!

http://paste2.org/ENG4k5m5

If your character's stats aren't available in a text form of some kind, get them available.

In a little while I'll be compiling a list of houserules and general rulings used in this tournament. Generally, however, if you and your opponent agree to your own interpretation of some rule, or you want to have some special condition on your match, that's up to you two. It's your fight! You play by your rules. You don't need some GM telling you how to have fun.
>>
>>51863420
Give me more thirty more minutes, I'm working on a sheet right now.
If I pass out, expect me tomorrow.
>>
>>51863431
No rush; we expect to begin fights on Friday.
>>
>>51863420
>http://paste2.org/ENG4k5m5
>Power Levels
This pleases me
>>
Can you Disarm in a red/red?
>>
>>51863502
Does the Disarm maneuver have the Attack/Offensive tag?
>>
>>51863512
Yes, but if reading solved issues my playgroup wouldn't be bitching to me about things every half hour, nor would they be demanding second opinions.
>>
>>51863548
Type: Attack

You can do this in a Red/Red.
>>
>>51863572
Also because his maneuver with that weapon becomes cancelled he regains half that CP into his pool.
>>
>>51863572
Thank you, anon.

And fuck you Charles, you fucking illiterate. I hope your firstborn gets eaten by Ohanedin.
>>
File: falkland war in a nutshell.gif (912KB, 397x312px) Image search: [Google]
falkland war in a nutshell.gif
912KB, 397x312px
>SoS KS finally happened

Is this the real life
>>
File: zellmurhaja by frank frazetta.jpg (1MB, 1749x2480px) Image search: [Google]
zellmurhaja by frank frazetta.jpg
1MB, 1749x2480px
>>51863663
Many dead zells soon!
>>
>>51863420
http://paste2.org/9e0Wk1CL

To be done: statting a fluffy noncombat companion dog and putting the rest of my gold into it.
>>
>>51863708
I will freely admit that this character is disgusting.
>>
>>51863708
>http://paste2.org/9e0Wk1CL
>Defeat the degenerates.

Calling it now, this guy is going to be MVP
>>
19k get
>>
>>51850301
bit unfair to the people who paid a lot of money to get their characters in
>>
File: unbalanced encounter.jpg (51KB, 459x600px) Image search: [Google]
unbalanced encounter.jpg
51KB, 459x600px
Do we have a roster of fighters for the tournament?
>>
>Introducing: Iconic Visionary. Iconic Visionary will include a very special treat for those who want a slice of Song of Swords history: you will work with us to develop a pre-made iconic character to be featured in our current and future Adventure Modules!

>>51863771
niggers >>51863420
>>
>>51863771
This is the current list >>51863420
>http://paste2.org/ENG4k5m5

and this guy >>51863708
>>
>>51863708
What school do you have? It looks like an Officer school, but you have Good Form, and you can't have Good Form without a Noble school for this tournament.
>>
File: time for death.png (34KB, 128x236px) Image search: [Google]
time for death.png
34KB, 128x236px
>>51863794
>>51863797
Comitting sudoke
>>
>>51863816
It is Officer.
I will make an appropriate adjustment.
>>
>>51863823
Thank you.

So few of you care about preserving honor these days.

Truly an example to behold
>>
>>51863502
Disarm as an attack? Sure.

If you Disarm someone when they have an attack declared, the attack is interrupted, or canceled.

pg 255 of 1.9.9
>Interrupted Maneuvers
>In the case of a Maneuver that prevents another Maneuver from acting out, the Maneuver is cancelled and half the CP invested in the prevented Maneuver is refunded. This includes attacks prevented by Grappling or Hilt Push or dropping a weapon or shield in response to a Beat, Hook, Hew or Break, or any other situation where a maneuver would not feasibly activate
>>
starting to feel the hype, you guys!
>>
File: MAGA go JoJo.gif (3MB, 360x186px) Image search: [Google]
MAGA go JoJo.gif
3MB, 360x186px
>>51863872
what a time to be alive
>>
File: Lloyd Spare.png (664KB, 857x474px) Image search: [Google]
Lloyd Spare.png
664KB, 857x474px
>>51863872
It's happening
>>
>>51863708
My CP is also wrong. I did not recalculate it after some internal shuffling of Attributes.

Errata version tomorrow.
>>
>>51863420
Regritomo has errors regarding his education I will fix, and Felix was withdrawn, due to being both literally and figuratively a homeless vagrant of murder
>>
File: x.png (2MB, 1074x854px) Image search: [Google]
x.png
2MB, 1074x854px
If you're not in the roll20 right now you're missing some hot shit
>>
>>51864039
Holy fuck that is some cluttered shit
>>
Does KM still stalk these threads? Either way, anyone happen to remember a web page or a pdf that dealed with early history of chinese dao's? I think it was posted in a /sos/ thread like two years ago?
>>
>>51862782
Not really. You can back out at any time.
>>
>>51864127
The Dao that can be talked about it not the Dao
jokes aside, KM does still visit and we have at least one archive. Try warosu or the scraper
>>
>>51864139
>Invest money you don't have, and other useful financial advice from Song of Swords inc.
>>
>>51864184
It's not investment, it's just getting our hopes up.
>>
>>51863970
>>51863420
http://paste2.org/3OXB0CWV

Hopefully, now 100% correct
>>
>>51864127
>>51864151
I FUCKING FOUND IT, will fucking save it this time goddammit.
https://www.metmuseum.org/pubs/journals/1/pdf/1513063.pdf.bannered.pdf
>>
There are only two stretch goals to go before we hit the mystery one. When is it going to be revealed?
>>
File: bliss.jpg (56KB, 340x326px) Image search: [Google]
bliss.jpg
56KB, 340x326px
>yfw the mystery goal is a king daki
>>
File: 20.png (289KB, 364x507px) Image search: [Google]
20.png
289KB, 364x507px
>>51863420
Kasel Longsword Jobber (CP:15)
http://paste2.org/4ewtxGvJ
>>
File: 141.66%.jpg (470KB, 500x737px) Image search: [Google]
141.66%.jpg
470KB, 500x737px
Here's the current roster and hobo levels.
Fights begin on Friday! PST!

http://paste2.org/2aaJ8hna
>>
>no one in the tournament has End 8 with bulletproof everything
how disappointing
>>
>>51864995
One of the burdinadin has 9 TOU and plate everywhere. That's almost the same.
>>
>>51865205
He has Endurance enhancements as well
>>
>>51864994
As impressed as I am regarding my character's power level, I'm genuinely afraid of Lorea, both in and out of character.
>>
>>51865234
Isn't Lorea the other B-din?
>>
>>51865267
Yeah, the one full of enhancements
>>
>>51865216

It's 9 TOU with the enhancements.
>>
>>51864995
I may have paid too much attention on making an interesting character concept and less attention on actually winning a duel
>>
>>51864754
>tfw you have breddy gud taste in doujins
The jogging chapter would be the best if not for the guy mentioning her partner and his ugly mug
>>
>>51864995
This isn't the Hobo tournament. We can do one of those if you would like
>>
>>51865648
Looking at my prospective Izagoni Missionary I'm starting to feel the same.
>>
>>51865267

There's 3 B-Din.

>>51865234

I'm sorry for making her so hobo-y, I saw other people making good characters and went a bit over board.
>>
>>51865234
>STR 8 (11 with armor)
>AGI 9
>END 8 (11 with armor,+2 for CAR)
>HLT 4
>WIL 4
>WIT 7
>INT 9
>PER 5(3 with helmet)
>ADR 8
>MOB 12 (15)
>CAR 20 (26)
>TOU 7 (9)
>CHA 8 (7 w/ helmet)
>Grit 2

>Full burdinadin armor
>Polearm, 1h sword, wrestling
>Polearm
>Novice Talents: Slowpoke, Infighter, Flourishing Drills
>Journeyman Talents: Ironwall

Yeah, good luck against that. I bet she sounds like a fucking rape train, too, with steam blowing off from her armor.
>>
>>51865793

Does anyone have a picture of a train with a halberd?
>>
>>51865702
Maybe the power of love will be enough to make us persevere
>>
>>51865902
Well, at least you can call everyone else a powergaming fag. It's the moral victory that counts!
>>
>>51865748
That's fine, you'd make a great partner for Arzallulz
>>
>>51865948
>All the burds are found dead before the tournament starts
>Victims of the Ruvian Rib Ripper
>Thankfully a wandering investigator offers his services to help
>PANIC
>>
>>51865962
You've done it now, you made me want to create a Poirot Burdinadin NPC for my campaign
>>
All this shit reminds me that I need to finish up my Burd Captain Vosca villain.
>>
>>51865692
Unfortunately I have no idea where that is from actually. Sauce?
>>
>>51863794
>>Introducing: Iconic Visionary. Iconic Visionary will include a very special treat for those who want a slice of Song of Swords history: you will work with us to develop a pre-made iconic character to be featured in our current and future Adventure Modules!

Cool.

Hope it seduces someone away from Visionary Noble+ so I can jump on that shit
>>
>>51862615
I'm fairly sure you noted it down but I remember we specifically asked him about just that and the answer was they can't double up on one thing
>>
File: 024.jpg (3MB, 2089x3000px) Image search: [Google]
024.jpg
3MB, 2089x3000px
>>51866283
Look it's by Mizuryu Kei, that's the only warning you get.
Teisou Kannen ZERO
>>
File: 1486527049360.jpg (141KB, 900x1189px) Image search: [Google]
1486527049360.jpg
141KB, 900x1189px
http://paste2.org/kFwHxZhK

Rosalie updated. The only change that'll affect the tournament's combat is that she also has a degan now.

I had a changelog, but it was deleted because 4chan's system is thinking it was spam.
>>
>>51864994
Let me update Azariah and actually post him in here. Just adding skills and Arcs which i forgot when i showed him in the roll20.http://paste2.org/25X0wbUw

Also if its not too late id like to enter an ohanedin. I cant finish him till lunch cause i only have my phone on me during breaks but i can give a run down off the top of my head

Ozziah the Oathless
Race 4 stat 7 Skill 3 Prof 6 Wealth 4 B&B 2

Attributes (160):
STR 8(9) AGI 8(10) HLT 6 END 4
WIP 5 WIT 6 INT 6 PER 5(6)
TOU 6 ADR 8 CHA 8 MOB 11 GRIT 2 CAR 8
Noble school 6
2hsword parry grutte zwei +2
Secondary: Bow

Cp 16
Talents
Good form
Specialist (both riposte)
Flourishing drills
Roll with it
Stepping parry

Skills all at 4
Observation
Stealth
Hunting
Navigation
Athletics

Banes 10
Facial deformity 4 (scar given when he left his clan
Hot headed (3)
Arrow magnet(3)

Then equipment is Grutte Zwei, a longsword, and a mix of leather and quilted ( id need my lunch break to finish)

His backstory in short is that he was raised to be the bodyguard of the son of a high ranking member of their feudal society as such he would only owe fealty to said kid. He grew up free spirited and so when it became time to swear the oath he refused and was subsequently banished. He now is a wandering adventurer looking for a cause worthy of pledging himself to while being careful with his words so as not to accidentally give ling term promises.
So like
Saga tourney
Epic find cause
Glory in battle
Belief that there is something worth his soul to fight for
>>
>http://www.campaignmastery.com/blog/basics-for-beginners-11/
Why is this SoS review wedged into an unrelated article?
>>
>>51863420
Literally ten minutes after I went to bed.

>>51864994
http://paste2.org/Y7fwO5V7
>>
>>51867143
Because it's not much of a review, is it? It's just a mention that there is a game kickstarter.
>>
>>51867256
Well, no, but that doesn't make it any less weird to stick it into some other story that has nothign really to do with it.
>>
>>51867143
>https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiQiSahKNJffCs9SeO5Ezhsg-FCCDXPjQ
I think he was just talking about gaming systems, and found SoS as a shout out to another system.
>>
>post an update
>immediately jump $700
Seems like holding back on updates might have been a poor strategy, senpai.
>>
>>51867693
I don't think that would happen if they just spammed updates though.
>>
>>51867817
They could, however, advertise their social media outlets so they can post more regular updates and bits of interesting lore. Facebook would be a goldmine.
>>
>>51867850
They could do a lot more than they're doing.
>>
>>51867863
Constructive criticism, though! A blackpilled Jimmy is less productive than an encouraged Jimmy. I think.
>>
>>51867863
Like what?
>>
File: file.png (34KB, 1099x743px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
34KB, 1099x743px
Here's data as of the end of yesterday, a bit more accurate than any of the automatic stuff. So far all new data has lined up pretty well, putting the end result between $25k and $26k. This information can be treated as very likely to be accurate (note the R-square value) barring a major change such as big news coverage. Note that kickstarters do often see a significant uptick in their last few days, and if that materializes for Song of Swords it wouldn't be strange to see it hit $27k or even $28k, but that kind of thing isn't really mathematically predictable with the available data.
>>
>>51867966
That's what I am wondering too. I think I was the only one that gave Jimmy stuff like the "1000 true fans" and other advice on how to succeed at marketing, but all I've seen in these past days is

>Jimmy isn't doing enough
>Jimmy should reach out more
>Jimmy should market more
>Jimmy should succeed more
>Jimmy should do something

Shit, man, the thing is already funded. If you want to give marketing advice, give quantifiable goal with targets and how to if you want something more.

I seriously don't care if Jimmy would stop marketing right now and just use his time to do the best and most interesting updates for the people who already have promised money.

There's a saying that goes well with this: You can't became a millionaire with one deal. The initial goal has already been met, and if greed lets them, I'd say they should just focus fully on providing content instead of promises to the ether in hopes that more people hear it.
>>
Wait so only Visionary Noble Plus lets me make a canon character for song of swords? Fuck
>>
If you want the numbers to go up, go and shill. Word of mouth is effective, and you get to help the game you like.

No reason to get shouty at the devs. It's not like this thing is on the verge of failing. It funded in a day and is on track to hit every stretch goal. That's the top end of what was expected, not the bottom.
>>
Yea, these threads have too much negativity towards James.
>>
>>51869009
We should have a "We Love Jimmy" day!
>>
>>51866556
Oh shit, I actually have read it. Damn.
>>
File: anime_girl_reaction_face (99).jpg (143KB, 833x696px) Image search: [Google]
anime_girl_reaction_face (99).jpg
143KB, 833x696px
>>51869156
Let's do it!
>>
File: boofeels.jpg (36KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
boofeels.jpg
36KB, 500x500px
>>51863794
>Notice that lore/character tiers sell like hotcakes
>Find a way to create more of them
Fucking treacherous.
>>
File: anime_girl_reaction_face (10).png (27KB, 128x132px) Image search: [Google]
anime_girl_reaction_face (10).png
27KB, 128x132px
>>51865962
>>
>>51868306

You gotta strictly limit that sort of thing. You wanna offer the whales enough bait to get their wallets open, but you don't want to fill the setting up with snowflakes, sues, and waifus right out of the gate.
>>
File: reee.png (253KB, 786x715px) Image search: [Google]
reee.png
253KB, 786x715px
>>51867693
>Everyone knows goblins are the best
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
We've reached the adventure illustrations stretch goal. Did Opaque actually market this somehow?

>>51870014
Hey, look where the latest donations were referred from.
>>
File: 1456450860520.png (220KB, 500x372px) Image search: [Google]
1456450860520.png
220KB, 500x372px
>>51870132
Marketing is just a meme now.
>>
>>51870185

Marketing literally is memeing, though. That's what it always was!
>>
File: anime girl reaction face 49.jpg (48KB, 600x811px) Image search: [Google]
anime girl reaction face 49.jpg
48KB, 600x811px
>>51870014
>>
Will the final rules have more detail about sailing and/or naval combat? As in some various ship classes and their stats and thing for those stats to do?
>>
>>51870014
So, have you decided yet what the last probably opened stretch goal is? The 25 grand one.
>>
>>51870014
Jimmy will you be opening up VN+ one more time? I went with the $150 pledge and thought that'd let me make a canon character. ;__;
>>
File: 1468070745932.jpg (80KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1468070745932.jpg
80KB, 720x960px
>>51870304
Don't worry champ, we might open up a couple more near the end. You can also grab one of these new iconic things when they open up, get yourself a premade PC! Think of all the adventures he'd get to go on.
>>
>>51870374
Go for it. I can't even find a good way to take KickTraq's data without manually transcribing it.
>>
>>51870403
That guy looks like he's giving his daughter away at her wedding.
>>
>>51870417
I deleted the post because I was ragging on you about the end uptick, when you'd already mentioned that. I'll give Matlab a burl when I get home in 9 hours.
>>
>>51870425
He's some Polish politician famous for having a blog where he names the number of Jews who died in the holocaust, and then reduces the number by 1 for every post he makes, to see when the Polish government arrests him for denying war crimes. Also has a pretty funny mustache.

Not sure why he's hanging out with Janna there. Should be a Witcher character.
>>
File: 1433470222947.jpg (100KB, 387x960px) Image search: [Google]
1433470222947.jpg
100KB, 387x960px
>>51870535
Trolling the government is pretty much all Korwn is good at, but man is he good at it.
>>
>>51870479
I knew why you deleted it.
>>
Damn, am I too late for the tourney? Suppose that is what I get. Leave for a month and miss all the shit.
>>
>>51870706
Did you miss that the kickstarter is happening and we're going to hit 200% fucking funding?
>>
>>51870706
Probably not. Go ahead and get a character built and submit them!
>>
>>51870615
Here politicians are usually famous for odd quotes and clothing.

>Moraali on populismia.
morals are populism.

>Yritän hakea maksimaalisen asioihin perehtymisen kautta toiminnallisen otteen aatteen operationaalistamiseksi.
I try to acquire trough maximal cognizance a functional grip on the operationalization of our idealism.

>Sehän on ihan absurdia, että ihminen tietäisi miten ilmasto muuttuu. Ei kukaan tiedä minkälainen sää on ensi lauantaina.
It's completely absurd to tell that humans could understand how climate changes. No one knows what kind of weather is on next saturday.

>Selvin päin en ikinä menisi humalassa auton rattiin.
I would never go drunk driving while sober.

She said when she was caught driving drunk.
>>
>>51870833
Here they're famous for their reality TV careers.
>>
>>51870706
Still time to enter.
Tournament is probably this Friday

You can be any race up to t3.
No orichalcum or silversteel weapons/armor.
No electrified B-din upgrades.
The Armor and enhancements are fine.

No guns, but having things to melee throw is fine.
>>
>>51871082
And to clarify some things:

Unarmed damage resolves against an armors AVB.
If the Armor counts as Hard it provides +4 armor against Unarmed damage.

Custom Grip can only improve one quality once.
i.e. grabbing both tight grip and draw is fine. Grabbing tight grip twice is not.

If you want to be a t4 or t5 race you can but get no benefit of being so.
No eye lasers, smiting god fire, icecream smoothie sword slashes, blood magic or vampire undead bullshit
>>
>>51870760
First thing I've done is drop money on that.

>>51870779
>>51871082
I'll try to write up a goblin or something. Been a while, though.
>>
>>51864994

https://paste2.org/kHHaxOHM
>>
>>51871589
Dude.
Buy more armor.

Also you can just say which swords you aren't currently carrying before a match begins. Then their weight won't count against you when you don't need them.
>>
>>51871630

Armor is for cheats :^)
>>
>>51871714
At least buy a second codpiece to house your giant balls comfortably
>>
>>51871714
Famous last pre-dickstab words
>>
Could we start a betting pool?

As in, two people bet on a bout, the loser then donates the amount better on to the Kickstarter in the name of the person he bet against ?
>>
Huh. The lore on RPG.net actually looks like it's new. So Dace doesn't have universal suffrage because Gizka vetoed it. She was afraid women would vote against her for killing 6 gorillion of their husbands at Bek.
>>
>>51871866
I'd do it if I had literally any money left to give. Sounds neat, though.
>>
>>51871878
>Get asked question about women's rights on RPG.net
>"No they don't have them because a woman voted against them"

JIMMY NO
>>
>>51871931
There's a difference between portraying antiquated attitudes and ideas in fiction and endorsing them.
>>
>>51871878
Where is the link?
I need the link.
>>
>>51872007
https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?798442-Song-of-Swords/page3https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?798442-Song-of-Swords/page3
>>
>>51872007
>https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?798442-Song-of-Swords/page3
>>
>>51871931
JIMMY YES
>>
File: triggered.jpg (176KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
176KB, 1280x720px
>>51871994
RPG.net hasn't always had a great track record of understanding that difference.
>>
>>51871931
I wouldn't worry about it lads, I'm not going to get into E-arguments with people talking about "wielding humanism like a sword" or any goofy shit like that. I quit drinking specifically to avoid this.

Anyway, I'm going to be trying the GitP forums today, see if I can get some outreach there. They're pretty far up D&D's ass but that makes perfect sense given the subject material of the comic.
>>
>>51871589
I want you to fight >>51866862
>>
>>51872114
Check the SoS subreddit nerd. There's more stuff in the rules question thread.

>>51872033
>>51872029
Yes. Now to see what happens. I may even need to resurrect my RPG.net account.
>>
>>51872029
>>51872033
>still in the unpeople'd "hype machine" forum
When are y'all going to launch that Q&A in the real forum?
>>
File: Nowhere_is_safe.png (23KB, 1254x478px) Image search: [Google]
Nowhere_is_safe.png
23KB, 1254x478px
>>51872029
>>51872033
RPG.net's an odd place, I don't know too much about it but I know they're quite nice to devs. I'm sure I've see people getting banned for getting aggressive with them while browsing their Infraction Forum which is always good for a laugh.

https://forum.rpg.net/forumdisplay.php?138-Infraction-Forum
>>
File: casting my vote.jpg (2MB, 2048x1445px) Image search: [Google]
casting my vote.jpg
2MB, 2048x1445px
Election days in Dace must be pretty exciting, what with the important parties having militias on call and the average Dacian being pretty High Energy anyway.

But now you mean to tell me it's a mass democracy too, rather than some sort of limited-franchise for the upper crust type thing I had imagined and the only thing separating them from literal universal suffrage is women not having the vote?

wew. how much of the national budget do they typically spend rebuilding after votes?
>>
>>51872301
>direct
Do they not know what that word means?
>>
>>51872471
I feel like with Gizka existing, they probably give women the vote?
>>
>>51872501
Read the thread Marju!
>>
>>51871931
Don't worry, I gave him a nice opportunity to distract attention.
>>
>>51872301
Is that bad or good? From where I stand, if someone were to say that they'd hit me if they ever met me in real life, I'd probably instruct them to go to Muurame, Finland and then ban him from whatever site or server I was running.
>>
>>51872471
It's a limited democracy. The plebeian vote, so to speak, only contributes about a third of the parliament or congress. Another third is contributed by the The House (a term used for the patrician class in Dace) and the last third is controlled by the Great Captains and the Duke.

Thus the pleb is really only important in deciding which of the aristocrats or warlords gets their way, they don't have the power to seriously influence public policy in and of themselves.

>>51872501
They almost did, but Gizka herself killed the idea in its infancy because she thought it would actually work against her. The high-minded ideas of rights and representation don't weigh very heavily on her.

>>51872525
What it sounds like is the guy said it on a different website or IRL or something, not even on the board. More importantly that guy is the guy who did the FATAL review a gorillion years ago.
>>
>>51872581
>What it sounds like is the guy said it on a different website or IRL or something, not even on the board.

Well that's some extreme moderation, then. Better to just stay anonymous, chill and have all fights IRL with fists or something. Keeps it pure.
>>
>>51872581
Hey Jimmy. I had an idea for an official Song of Swords tie-in video game.
It'd be a physics puzzler where in you have to skillfully deploy various Burdinadin to smite your enemies. All while making sure not to run out of units and not mousing over That Which Glares Back.
I figured you'd call it Angry Burds. What do you think?
>>
>>51872759
Genius. I'll call our code monkeys immediately.
>>
File: tumblr_o6irvaosGa1qzavevo1_540.jpg (203KB, 540x672px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6irvaosGa1qzavevo1_540.jpg
203KB, 540x672px
>>51872301

Jews Jewing Jews who Jew
>>
File: whores.jpg (251KB, 1354x827px) Image search: [Google]
whores.jpg
251KB, 1354x827px
>>51873107
>Jews Jewing Jews who Jew
>>
>>51872942
Actually though, how would you feel about someone using the rules of SoS as the underlying logic for creating some form of videogame? Or even just a text-fecht simulator?
>>
>>51873107
Someone heard about Hellsing but never saw the show?
>>
>>51873208
Many have talked about text fecht simulators. I too tried to make one before I realized I can't code.
>>
>>51873208
It's something we intend to do ourselves at some point, but it's a cool idea. I've often given thought to an isometric SoS vidya.
>>
>>51873152
That guy's got a thread on theRPGsite too, people there were happy to discuss it.

>you've received multiple warnings
If he got multiple, shouldn't it be fine to earn at least one for Song of Swords? That guy got $61k and his game looks kind of dumb compared to SoS.
>>
>>51873249
To tell you the truth, I always dreamed of winning the lottery, and the first thing I would have bought with it would have been the rights to all video game versions of Opaque stuff.

Song of swords.

Ballad of the Laser Whales.

Mixtape of Mechas.

And everything else in between.
>>
>>51873274
Yeah, let's break the rules intentionally because someone else got it easy. That'll work out great.
>>
>>51873274
He was super obvious too.

We could get by just having actual discussions that involve the subject matter.

And putting the Kickstarter link in your post quote thing.
>>51873301
I don't think they're for sale.
>>
>>51873324
>>51873274
Thank God we're all ghosts and patriots or this would be reposted in fifteen minutes and we'd be fucked.
>>
>>51873301
Blue/Blue as a visual novel?
>>
>>51873369
Of course. Just like Rance. A stupid visual novel with an actually good game attached.
>>
>>51873395
Rance's VN content is good for what it is.
>>
I want a Tattered Realms Total War-esque game, except not made by Sega.
>>
>>51873350
Everything would have been for sale before the kickstarter. I would have started with 50 grand and gone to whatever their Catholic Greed would have ended up with.
>>
>>51873341
I don't actually think anyone outside of these threads think sepsis is actually a good idea for a roleplaying game.
>>
>>51873417
>unit of ohanedin oathsworn that absolutely trash whatever they're fighting and then bleed to death
>>
>>51873341
Do we have anyone with a big post number on an RPG.net account?
>>
>>51873442
Probably still in their soul stealing demon weapon phase where dying terribly isn't cool
>>
File: 1364874958222.jpg (4KB, 103x141px) Image search: [Google]
1364874958222.jpg
4KB, 103x141px
>>51873444
>>
kek, if you look at the "hypemachine" board SoS has like 600 views to the very small number of everything else on the front page, except for Zweihander which has like 30,000, but is half a decade old.
>>
Question: What, if any, are the narrativist aspects of Song of Swords combat?
>>
>>51873823
Combat itself isn't really narrativist at all. It's other gameplay mechanics, like how character progression is literally based on character arcs.
>>
>>51873823
You get to narrate your gut-stabbed character's slow and agonizing death through sepsis.
>>
File: wounds.jpg (51KB, 729x332px) Image search: [Google]
wounds.jpg
51KB, 729x332px
>>51873823
>>
>>51873823
Few or none. The game's combat could be played by a turing machine.
>>
>>51873850
Yeah I know, but I'm trying to make an argument that it does. I can do it one way by playing fast and loose with the definition, once by playing fast and loose with the definition of combat, and to round out the trilogy I need a third way that fits both definitions reasonably but only kind of applies.

>>51873870
Shut up, I'm trying to sell this piece of shit.
>>
>>51873882
The reasons you pursue combat?

The fact you'll be burning arc to use pyromancy later?
>>
>>51873850
>>51873882
Well you're doing a shit job at it.

>>51873823
Read the old Galt fechts, plenty of good narratives there.
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Galt

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/24249484/
>>
ATTENTION BONES:
Make a fucking form post that you can toss in threads like these:
https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?710285-CROWD-FUNDING-SPOTLIGHT-Vol-3-Role-Playing-Games-amp-Related-Projects/page95
http://www.therpgsite.com/showthread.php?35499-KICKSTARTER-The-RPGsite-Thread-for-Information-About-Kickstarter-Projects
>>
>>51873926
"good narratives" isn't the same as "narrativism". It's a game design nerd thing.
>>
>>51874065
>Narrativism is one of the four lenses of game making, and is the school of thought that prefers experient, role-driven designs. It is about using a game to impart a storied experience in which the player takes an active role and develops sympathy toward its outcomes.

Basic survival is pretty narrativist to me, especially if the two combatants have a history. What narrativist elements does D&D and Pathfinder combat have?
>>
You don't get a better opportunity to shill than this:

https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?798889-Sell-me-on-Song-of-Swords
>>
>>51874127
>Narrativism is one of the four lenses of game making
>four
Narrativism, gamism, simulationism, what's the fourth?
>>
>>51874147
I dunno. I just googled 'narrativism' and that's the blurb it spat at me.
>>
>>51874132
>15k posts, implying Jimmy somehow got the attention of an actual local and it's not one of us strawmanning
Did Jimmy actually successfully do marketing?
>>
>>51874173
>OK Song of Swords got mentioned in a current thread.
Might've been me. I went around and mentioned it in a couple relevant threads a few days ago.
>>
>>51871630
>Also you can just say which swords you aren't currently carrying before a match begins. Then their weight won't count against you when you don't need them.
No. By default, every weapon and every shield you have on you will count against your weight. In this tournament, only if your opponent agrees to it can you discard what you don't want. You're putting your encumbrance in their hands. If you want to carry 17 swords, you walk into the arena with all 17 on you. It's up to your enemy to agree to letting you drop them if you don't want them. They're under no compulsion to do so. Carry excessive equipment at your own risk.
>>
>>51874132
inb4 none of the opaque guys even notice it
>>
File: glance.png (24KB, 256x164px) Image search: [Google]
glance.png
24KB, 256x164px
>>51874323
Shouldn't that have been put in the rules, then?
>>
>>51874132
At least give him the latex rules, instead of the year old 1.2.fuck-you rules.
>>
>>51874359
They're at work. They won't be home and read the thread for two or three hours at least. And they shouldn't be the first ones to respond anyway, it looks desperate.
>>
>>51874376
"The rules" aren't codified yet. We're coming across new issues as new, wacky characters are created. Make a new thread and they'll be there.
>>
>>51874132
>blatantly advertising

Jesus Christ.
>>
>>51874323
>you can't set your swords down unless your opponent says so
Nigga that's some bullshit.
>>
http://paste2.org/ON82vahN

Just a minor change on equipment, hoping it ain't too late
>>
>>51874417
You wanna spend all that time drawing and dropping swords while I pike your dick off, be my guest.
>>
>>51874417
Carrying 30 swords, 3 polearms, and 7 daggers on you so you have the right tool for each fight is some bullshit.
>>
>>51874439
They could just not bring them into the pit in the first place.
>>
>>51874456
How would they know what they'd need until they got into the pit and saw their opponent?
>>
>>51874456
In which case they wouldn't be on the character sheet
>>
>>51874476
They wouldn't until they got into the later brackets and have seen their opponent fight before.
>>
>>51874323
That poor guy with like eight polearms.
>>
>>51870304
Your character will still be canon just not have resources committed towards lore development. That's my understanding anyway.
>>
>>51874437
>http://paste2.org/ON82vahN
It's not too late at all. I've got it updated.
>>
>>51874439
>drawing
Why not just bring them all in a bushel basket and when you see the opponent, just drop the basket and draw the weapon appropriate to your opponent? I'd rule that this prevents a quickdraw, and there's a basket right there for your opponent to resupply with if you disarm him, but it still seems like a perfectly viable strategy to me.
>>
File: forbidden love.jpg (77KB, 402x564px) Image search: [Google]
forbidden love.jpg
77KB, 402x564px
>>51874580
>"Awwwh! You brought me a bushel of swords! You shouldn't have! Honey, you're the best!"
>>
Anyone have the list of places to shill?
>>
Speaking of shilling

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?318480-ZWEIH%C4NDER-Grim-amp-Perilous-RPG-A-Warhammer-Fantasy-Roleplay-retroclone

Look at this shit. Brazen as a doorknob and people are eating it up. Why aren't we getting in on this?
>>
>>51874580
The reason why is so that we don't buy every weapon in the book and tailor ourselves to beat our opponent. Your concept sounds like it'd be very fun to do in a campaign, but this is not a campaign. Ultimately it's up to you and your opponent. You can do what you agree upon. But if you disagree, the default rules are clear.
>>
>>51874696
You still have to know how to use the weapons.
>>
>>51874694
Because we're already funded.
>>
New
>>51874788
>>51874788
>>51874788
>>51874788
>>
>>51874696
It's not like there is any combatant with proficiencies chosen in alphabetical order all the way to z and with matching weapon list. If someone has a wagon with a bunch of his favorite swords it's really not gonna affect the outcome much. The whistling hiss and puff of a burdinadin rape train is still gonna haunt his dreams years to come.
>>
>>51874036
Attention attained.

>>51874132
Is that someone here? Would be awesome if a few jumped in first to give their two cents, then we can followup. Dev response immediately is a little suspect... but the poster has obviously been there for a long time.

>>51873882
I'd argue that combat is narrative in the sense that you're always roleplaying your character. In D&D Rogues are always going to go for the sneak attack. Every time, no variation. Don't care what you want your rogue to be, the second you're in combat it might as well be an auto-battling video game. (Yes you can chose to do inefficient things, but generally every reasonable action is just a repeat of the last combat).

The cool thing in SoS is two knights, even of similar builds, aren't going to necessarily fight the same way. Through the detail of combat, we unlock the player's ability to show more about your character.
You want your guy's thing to be that he's super defensive? You have a host of defensive maneuvers to chose from. You want your thing to be that you always cut off their arms? That combat/narrative choice is yours to make.

Because of how many choices you can make in combat, you're actually enabling narrative rather than restricting it, like some of the more 'simple' systems.

Additionally, because of how wounds persist and consequences of a fight gone bad can really linger (losing an eye or gaining a limp) I would also say that combat becomes narrative in that the after-effects are with you forever. Lose an eye? That's now a part of your character's story. it will impact the campaign.

Combat is what Song of Swords is all about--and through combat 'simulation' we create amazing narrative. You can't get that in the games that advertise themselves as 'narrative' and just gloss over combat with a one-and-done roll.
>>
File: 1415230433351.gif (833KB, 350x193px) Image search: [Google]
1415230433351.gif
833KB, 350x193px
>>51874925
>Would be awesome if a few jumped in first to give their two cents, then we can followup.

I'm already on it

fuck these weird sign up forum things though

ugh who does that
>>
>>51874925
>Is that someone here?
Look at the post count. It's a legitimate user whether it's one of us or not.
>>
>>51875003
>gonna be a new user with a post count of one
Not really better than the dev going in as the second post, to be honest.
>>
>>51874792
So therefore we shouldn't get more funded?
>>
>>51875190
Probably not.

I'm torn on how to write this because I'm not allowed to post links for ten posts because heaven forbid
>>
>>51875333
Make ten posts in other threads.
Thread posts: 391
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.