[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inspirations/ideas for a tabletop campaign (any and all games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1662.jpg (51KB, 605x345px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1662.jpg
51KB, 605x345px
Inspirations/ideas for a tabletop campaign (any and all games welcome) plot that has nothing to do with a cult of any kind?
>>
>>51849482
Hunting a BBEG that was worshiped by a cult in your last campaign, but now the cult is gone and the BB is either too obscure for common people to know about or he's just a dickass everyone hates
>>
You are a hermit crab. You have other hermit crab friends. You need to find food and shellter every so often. You have to kill other animals or find rubbish under the sea to survive.
What do?
>>
>>51849482
There are plenty of other tropes to go with besides cults. Off the top of my head:
Dragons
Invading Warriors
The Evil Tyrant
Strange Magical Phenomena
The Fey
Pirates
A Hidden World
The Legendary Treasure
Revenge
The Apocalypse
Murder Mysteries
Racist Overtones
Settling The Wild Frontier
Witch Hunters
Organized Religion that's totally not a cult

Or, you know, you could try sci-fi instead of fantasy.
>>
Rolled 1, 2 = 3 (2d6)

>>51850126
I'd like to forage next to the bubble pipe for the tasties that pop out
>>
Who says The BBEG has to be some kind of monster that ends in an epic battle? I always liked the idea of making a campaign where the BBEG is just a wealthy, and corrupt merchant or some other non-combat type character. Give him a few npc levels in expert, and the best protection magic/techonogy money can buy. The insidious thing about him is that the players can't just outright kill him without major consequences.
Kind of a Lex Luthor type of BBEG

Bonus points if he is the party's initial quest giver and they have been doing his evil bidding the whole time.
>>
>>51849482
the fuck is wrong with that dog
>>
>>51852194
My guess is a fur-less raccoon.
>>
>>51850244

Dragons turned into invading warrrors who work for the Evil Tyrant invoke strange magical phenomena onto the Fey pirates of the Hidden World, in order to steal the Legendary Treasure that resides within.

As revenge, the Fey unleashed the apocalypse into the world. However, the leader of the Fey is slain by an unknown perpretator, most likely a Dwarf from the Wild Frontier in cohoots with the Witch Hunters in order to create an Organized Religion that is totally not a cult.

Now, in the year 3032 time travel has been developed, and all atrocities of the Organized Religion that was totall not a cult could be prevented.

Are you bad enough hero to prevent the apocalypse?
>>
Oh, speaking of fey reminds me of a side quest I ran a while back.
The intention behind it was to show the incomprehensibility of fey creatures and how truly horrifying they can be when the old original tails are used as a reference.
The idea is that a child has gone missing in a rural farmstead and that he suspects it was the fey which have taken it, in addition to the farm animals that have been steadily disappearing. For generations, the farm had been under the blessing of a very old fey pact the farmers ancestors made.
Due to a misunderstanding, the farmer broke the pact by chopping down a tree. Now he thinks the fey abducted his child and the farms livestock as is some kind of revenge.
As the party investigates, they track down some of the missing animals wherein they encounter the fey that was in charge of maintaining the pact (I used a Pooka, but it could be anything.)
The fey reveals that, yes, it had been taking the animals, but only to protect the, as the Pact that was broken was more of a protection than a general blessing over the farm. The far was unknowingly build on the outskirts of a dark and evil fey that was impossibly tall, and had no face (The BBEG is slenderman), and under its command is a number of the pathfinder monsters the Skin stealers, (redone as The Rake)
Now the players must brave the lovecraftien incomprehensible alien horrors of Fey mindsets and motivations.
Bonus points if the party uncover that the protecting fey was actually once the child of the farmers ancestors that was whisked away and twisted into a fey for the sake of protecting the farm.
>>
You and your adventurer buddies need to stop an evil sect, faith, brotherhood, and/or denomination
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.