[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What system would you use to run a game based on All Tomorrow's?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Qu.jpg (345KB, 620x877px) Image search: [Google]
Qu.jpg
345KB, 620x877px
What system would you use to run a game based on All Tomorrow's?
>>
>>51848655
Is All Tomorrows a meme
>>
>>51848655
On Drugs. I would run it On Drugs.
>>
Normality

Honestly, probably GURPS or something

There's not a lot of detail in All Tomorrows with which you discern appropriate game mechanics, but rather whatever the intention of the game that has been inspired by All Tomorrows would be more relevant for the system.
Eg a game inspired by all tomorrows might be combat heavy or it might largely involve weird beings searching fantastical locations of billion year old artefacts to piece together the fate of a race. In the latter situation, a game with loose, narrative combat would suffice.
>>
>>51848674
Just needs a bunch of vitriolic contrarians to make it look like the second coming of Satan that no one should like and it's a fully fledged meme.
>>
>>51848674
It's a semi-interesting book some guys are quite intent on running into the ground by making "what system?" and "stat me" threads.

It's getting to the point where even if you like it, you have to tell these guys to stop transparently spamming it.
>>
>>51848655
>Tomorrow's
>>
>>51848832
Wait what? I need some context here

It is just a book with silly pictures telling a story.
>>
>>51848693

Honestly GURPS seems contrived as fuck for what I want to do.

I wanted to run an exploration based campaign, a "Quest for Earth" type of thing, seeking the original homeworld of all races.

Each player will be a different race, and I wanted to tailor challenges to all of them.

So I'm searching something narrative enough to suit my needs, but at the same time crunchy enough to represent gamewise the differences between the races
>>
I would use the system that allows me to create the same shit thread over and over again ad infinitum.
>>
>>51848883
Three stages of meme development.

A larval meme is something that a few people have discovered on their own, share an interest in and occasionally discuss in tangential threads - but never make their own threads for it.
A larval meme achieves adolescence when it gains interest outside of that core group and interest grows around it, to the point where it is commonly referenced and entire thread are made around it.
An adolescent meme becomes fully fledged when there is contrarian backlash against the rising popularity of the adolescent meme and people swarm to inform the people that enjoy the meme that, in fact, they shouldn't enjoy the meme.

All Tomorrows has recently left larval stage and is currently in its adolescent stage. It hasn't gained enough knee-jerk hatred to be considered an adult meme.
>>
>>51848655
REMOVE QU
>>
>>51849347
>>51849270

Sorry to disappoint you, my contrarian friend, but I'm actually fucking trying to run a transhumanist campaign

Yes, I came to know All Tomorrows on /tg/

No, it's not a meme thread, I know shit about sci-fi settings, that's why I am asking about it
>>
>>51849540

To provide a bit of contest more, and to show what kind of things I'm actually searching for, here are some bits on what I'm achieving to do:

Race generation comes with a questionaire, starting with the original "Eve" (or "adam") of that race, as it, the individual whose basic genetic template will be the groundwork for the future race.

Basic questions will be about the kind of planet they inhabited before the Qu's invasion;

-How central (or developed) was their world
-What was the dominating biome (including WH40k-like hiveworlds)

Next we go to the Qu invasion, as in "what did you do", with 3 basic choices: surrender, fight and flee.

Each of these has a couple of follow-up questions, but the basic is:

-homeworld question influence Qu's mutation, and number of ruins and artefacts present on their world (more ruins = faster advancement)

The Qu's question are the basis for the degree of genetic modifications the Qu inflicted on the race. Fighters (and those who flew but were cauaght) have the most extreme mutations, usually in an ironic or degrading way.

This is for the "ancestral" race.

For the "current" race (the one the player will be using), I'm seeking for a randomg generator, somethign to introduce cosmic events or other particularly relevant happenings that drove the evolution of the specie

I would also like to find a mutation table .

Now that I think about it, is there an RPG form of Spore, opr something like it?
>>
>>51849347
and sometimes memes are forgotten and die. And then later they are rediscovered. Thus the cycle repeats. You didn't think this was the first time All Tomorrows was a larval meme,, did you?
>>
File: author in the middle.jpg (119KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
author in the middle.jpg
119KB, 500x625px
Was the author at the end of the book supposed to be a Qu? Or is the fact that we don't know what it was supposed to be the point?
>>
>>51849994

In the end it is revealed to be an alien archelogist, probably from nother galaxy, who is reconstructing the whole history of mankind after the exctinction of our last distant future relatives
>>
File: Wallace is a cool guy .png (191KB, 893x362px) Image search: [Google]
Wallace is a cool guy .png
191KB, 893x362px
Also where do you think the Qu went? or did they come back and wipe out humanity again at the end? I love when books leave open questions to let readers speculate.
>>
>>51849994
>>51850032
>>51850033
At the end the author breifly mentions how they could go on about how the qu were re-encountered and defeated.
>>
File: Gravital reaction.png (351KB, 639x731px) Image search: [Google]
Gravital reaction.png
351KB, 639x731px
>>51848674
everything is a meme as long as more than one person know about it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.