[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 58

File: X07FToe.jpg (555KB, 1622x1058px) Image search: [Google]
X07FToe.jpg
555KB, 1622x1058px
Grand Azyrheim edition

>resources
pastebin.com/qCZb0mvh

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

>OP image album
imgur.com/a/fHkqJ

Old thread:
>>51831730
>>
I have trouble figuring out how the Bloodbound Dark Feast battalion works:
>Feeding Frenzy: The Slaughterpriest can incite the Dark Feast to a terrible feeding
frenzy – as long as he is alive, add 1 to the Attacks characteristic of any melee
weapons used by a unit from this battalion whenever it is selected to attack.
Does this mean that i can add 1 attack each time the unit gets selected? So if i select them the first time i add 1, then i select them another time the next turn and add another 1 for a total of 2 extra attacks? Does the bonus stick or does it go away?
>>
>>51848552
Raw yes, it's exponential and add an attack each time the unit is selected to attack, with those attacks only going away with the Slaughterpriest dying.

But everyone I have see playint that just add a single attack.

But most people play it
>>
>>51848460
Is that the World That Was up there in the top right with the ring around it?
>>
First for the Kroak! And Serphon Master Race!
>>
File: IMG_1531.jpg (78KB, 809x462px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1531.jpg
78KB, 809x462px
Face shield guy again, I wasn't happy with the shields so I've started redoing them, and I'm already liking them better. Also pictured is gems on the chaos dorfs, as they are gonna have gems made from the ashes of their slain enemies all over em like gaudy assholes. You wouldn't believe how fucking hard it was to properly cast those gems and even then they aren't perfect, but I'm happy with em.
>>
File: fun.jpg (29KB, 538x525px) Image search: [Google]
fun.jpg
29KB, 538x525px
played my first game AOS, /aosg/!

I lost but I had fun!
>>
>>51848708
What's left of it, yes.
>>
>>51848854

Huh? I thought it crumbled into nothingness with Sigmar clinging to its Sigmarite core or someshit?
>>
>>51848848
That's been every game I have done since I started back at christmas time.
>>
>>51848845
Nice faceshield!
>>
>>51848848
Which army did you play? And against?
>>
>>51848871
Yes. Hence what's left of it.
>>
>>51848552
No, not stackable. You select your unit in the melee phase and add 1 attack, so basically every unit in this battalion has 1 attack more, as long as he is alive.
>>
I hate Skaven so fucking much.

Fuck off from Chaos already.
>>
>>51848887

My FLGS owner gave me a set of the Stormcast from the Stormcast side of Order Vs Chaos starter boxset.

I was playing with those, I just assembled them, and my session was against Sylvaneth, it was supposed to be an Intro game but I feel the guy really wanted to win, which was weird. (he even got a little upset when I smashed his Branch Witch's face in with my Prosecutors after a 11" charge roll (needing 11")

But the rules were simple, I liked the aesthetic, I had a blast, got another game tomorrow
>>
>>51848881
Thanks!
>>
>>51848910
>that guy who gets mad over dice rolling tabletop games

why can't they just stick to playing competitive vidya games or something
>>
>>51848910

>was supposed to be an Intro game but I feel the guy really wanted to win

This is a very strange but not uncommon complaint.

I remember having an intro game of infinity and the guy fucking thrashed me... He then pulled out his ipad after the game

"whats that?"
>just updating my W/L/D figures
>>
Hello, could you guys help me with something? Couldn't find WHFBg, so I came here to ask...

Well, suppose I'm criticising WHFB for clustering fluffs over fluffs but not resolving anything, what examples could I use?
>>
File: k:bs.jpg (294KB, 1014x620px) Image search: [Google]
k:bs.jpg
294KB, 1014x620px
Since everybody and their dog is starting a Hinterlands campaign, how's this for a warband idea?

Ulbeck Meros had always been fascinated with strength and savagery ever since he was a child. But, sadly, his physical deformities and frail stature had always prevented him from becoming a warrior himself. On the other hand, his aggressive sense of business and savage exploits of opportunities allowed him to amass a fortune as the driving force of Fuminicum's shadier areas, in particular as owner of the arena and slave market.
When a stroke of luck one day brought a crippled, near-death khorgorath was brought in for the arena, Ulbeck became obsessed with the wounded creature that so embodied his ideals. Vast sums of his fortune and a great number of slaves were secretly used to ensure the creature would survive and recover.
During this time he decided that if he himself could not be strong, then this creature would be his strentgh. No champion of the arena would ever stand above it. So whenever possible he goads the creature into the wilds of the Ghurlands or even into the unguarded areas in or around Fulminicum to feed and train the beast.
The god on the throne of skulls was obviously pleased by this and granted Ulbeck his mark, ensuring that the beasts of Khorne would never harm him. He also sent the fleshhound Goreburst to guard the slavemaster.

Bloodstoker (Ulbeck Meros) - 40
Khorgorath (the Crimson Fiend) - 80
Fleshhound (Goreburst) - 20
140/150

Basically, I still have the Bloodbound portion of the AoS starter lying around gathering dust, so I might as well use that.
Thoughts and opinions?
>>
What do people think about the Chaos sorcerers description in the New warhammer quest
>>
>>51849048
Not your personal army.
>>
>>51849087

Just further proof that no one but turbo autists think Slaanesh is getting squatted.
>>
>>51849070
Neat idea, I like it
>>
>>51849132
I love how slaanesh is getting a lot of hidden teases in pretty much every release. Maybe well geht our updated keeper of secrets soon
>>
File: 60572.jpg (86KB, 1024x478px) Image search: [Google]
60572.jpg
86KB, 1024x478px
scream it into the aether for the thousandth time...

Elves when?
>>
>>51849221
Later the year.
>>
>>51849048
AOS fans don't (usually) have any bad feelings towards WHFB. Sad its gone but AOS is fun and a good recipient of the fantasy inheritance.

Sometimes people who had/have a hard time letting go of their WHFB setting are bitter and lash out at AOS but they deserve pity not scorn.
>>
>>51849132
>>51849190

How would you guys feel if instead of the pain/pleasure aspect of Slaneesh they focused more on the excess part? I feel people equate Slaneesh too much as just a sex god. I really like the Noise marines from 40k and if Slaneesh does a come back I hope we get something similar in that vein, artists who take their works to strange, twisted new levels, like a sculpter who molds flesh or a painter or massive gluttonous chef searching for new delicacies?
>>
Get ready for the Second Coming of the Tomb Kangz
>>
>>51849284
Recent Russian hack of TW: Warhammer shows that they are next after Bretonia release. If sales are good enough and interest is there, it wouldn't surprise me if GW repackaged and rereleased Tomb Kings
>>
>>51849266
>they deserve pity not scorn
Not necessarily. Some of them are grognards who're always trying to kill anything new and prevent any progress from happening to their holy cow. These people deserve all the scorn you can get.
>>
>>51849284
>Get ready for the Second Coming of the Tomb Kangz
you realize they got nerfed hard right? The preview of GHB 2.0 was brutal for TK but it did tip GW's hand in so much as it revealed that TK will be playable in Matched Play moving forward.

TK aren't going anywhere but they are being deliberately crippled so as not to take the spotlight away from the new releases of model lines.
>>
>>51849293
You don't need to go any farther than the local GW shop to see that the interest is there. I'm not even asking for the whole range to come back. At least bring back the Necrosphynx.
>>
>>51849284
Motherfukking Settra comes to smash Nagash's shit (and then Mannfred, for being a little piece of shit)
>>
>>51849266
Well, I thought AoS is kind of sequal to WHFB so people who played FB might have moved to here. Not really relating to AoS or anything.
>>
>>51849319
>You don't need to go any farther than the local GW shop to see that the interest is there.

That has a lot to do with TK wiping the floor with everyone at major tournaments that got a lot of attention. GW turned around and nerfed TK into the ground by releasing a preview of TK with some really harsh points increases for the army.

I think if you give it another 6 months for the points changes to sink in people won't give a shit about TK just like they didn't give a shit about TK for decades at the end of WHFB.
>>
>>51849429
The point increases aren't so much harsh as they are fair. They are still an extremely competitive army just like most. Before however they were indeed broken.
>>
>>51849429
>INTO THE GROUND.
have you playtested the new point values?
>>
File: GHB 2.0 teaser compare.png (659KB, 935x915px) Image search: [Google]
GHB 2.0 teaser compare.png
659KB, 935x915px
>>51849486
have you seen these changes? it isn't 20 point adjustments... this is 100+ point changes per unit. I don't know how you can look at these and see anything but a brutal nerf.
>>
>>51849525
So no?
>>
>>51849525
Seen it and tested them as a tk. MUCH better.
>>
>>51849545
>>51849554

That's encouraging.

since the only change on the list I could speak to personally was the Shadowblade change and since no one ever uses Shadowblade even at 120 points the adjustment to 160 made zero sense. By extension It seemed likely to TK adjustments were also over-reactions.
>>
>>51849579
>Seems
There's your problem right there. People form their opinions without playtesting anything. Stuf is declared OP/UP before the release of said stuff.
>>
>>51849608
yeah but shadowblade? that was just uncalled for.

GW balance team secretly hates elves
>>
https://mega.nz/#!2gpHHbyQ!xwZkCCabrK-38nJOlFIcBZXkhnHfFxe_cSwu6-8kmFg

SCE pdf version, enjoy! Seriously, how to convert epub3 to pdf?
>>
File: mortal realm of metal.jpg (636KB, 1588x1600px) Image search: [Google]
mortal realm of metal.jpg
636KB, 1588x1600px
>>51849322
We can only hope

for now the realm of metal is still lacking its golden bodied incarnate/god

we all know who's deserving of the spot
>>
>>51849629
BTW, when will Hastings STFU about his source bullshit.
>>
>>51849649
>realm of metal
>iron maiden cover
You cheeky cunt
>>
>>51848871
that IS the sigmarite core

it's being mined to produce the stormcast
>>
>>51848910
Oh god please tell me it wasn't my friend, was someone playing a 40k game next to you? The sykvaneth army was totally unpainted? You're in SoCal?
>>
>>51849656
When will hastings just piss off. The whole cult around them on Warseer was some of the cringiest shit in the world. And his shtick of pretending to know all the inside details but cloaking it in vague bullshit was fcking idiotic.

Where is he posting on nowadays?
>>
>>51849731

> was someone playing a 40k game next to you?

yes

>The sykvaneth army was totally unpainted?

yes!

>You're in SoCal?

Ah, wrong Continent
>>
>>51849744
War of Sigmar. Thankfully Atia and Bob are both genuinely pleasant.
>>
>>51849731

We got SoCal anons here? What part?
>>
>>51849824
As a poster or just a commenter?
>>
>>51849863
Both
>>
>>51849802
Oh thank god I thought it was my friend you were playing against and I would have strangled him.
>>
>>51849849
Glendale
>>
>>51849867
Huh, never noticed him. What kind of stuff does he post? Has he finally revealed where his 'rumors' come from. Wasn't he the guy that came it with the Bubblehammer bullshit?
>>
>>51849892

Ah hell. I always forget how big an area "SoCal" actually encompasses.
>>
>>51849951
I was gonna type "la county" but yea everything is so friggin massive

If you can ever swing by Gw in glendale I highly recommend it
>>
>>51849268
I would love this, since it's the aspect of Slaanesh that is at least to me infinitely more interesting that the age of dicks and tittehs.

The question then is, how do you reflect excess in tabletop war game units? You have some good ideas, but those sound more like hero units. Unless you make the chaff just daemonettes.
>>
File: IMG_1534.jpg (280KB, 1073x669px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1534.jpg
280KB, 1073x669px
>>51850175
Fat guys with lots of food, more elaborate and decadent looking things, pic related is the perfect example of excess. The fat guy eating eyeballs no doubt because regular food doesn't satisfy or interest him anymore, people making merry in elaborate ways because everyday things have become boring
>>
>>51849849
Oakbrook
>>
>>51850061
Do you go to the GW in Glendale? Doesn't Caire run that store?
>>
>>51850175
Rather than heroes that buff units why not units that buff heroes or certain units?

You could have a pariticular strong single model to act as a focus being supported by devotees, a celebrity and his fans. Like how Prince Sigvald has warriors with mirror shields to admire himself in.
>>
>>51850413
Might have been the guy before, the managers name right now is shad
>>
>>51849894
He recently predicted Cthulhu Elves.
>>
>>51849317
The nerf didn't cripple them, they are still going to be top tier

It just means people can't run settra + 9 necropolis knights AND a necro/royal sphinx

>TK aren't going anywhere but they are being deliberately crippled so as not to take the spotlight away from the new releases of model lines.

Nah, its because they are massively undercosted for how powerful they are. Necro Knights at 160 were strictly better than a lot of 180 monstrous cavalry even before you consider all the buffs they can get and their ressurection mechanic.
>>
>>51850756
Did he give a source or anything? I just fucking hate that we could never fact check him cuz his shit was always so vague he could always deflect with some vague ass rumor that he 'got right'.

Spill the beans and give us solid info or get the hell out.
>>
>>51848552
If it doesn't say "for the rest of the battle" then it goes away.
>>
File: Rumour-Engine.jpg (93KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Rumour-Engine.jpg
93KB, 800x800px
This weeks rumour engine is a close up of something, as per usual
>>
>>51851006
Looks fantasy like
>>
>>51851006
Looks either Chaosy or Orky to me.
>>
>>51851006
ok so that's the armpit guard of a heavy-armored dude who doesn't take care of his stuff and is really badass cause he's got chains and maybe a cape

gonna say it's a nurglite
>>
>>51851006
I've noticed the last few Rumor Engines have been unpainted.

Also, I feel like this is AoS, since the next big 40k release (Marine Triumvirate) is already known.
>>
>>51849087
What is the Chaos sorcerers description?
>>
>>51848552
Rules as written suggests it stacks as it does not specify an end phase for the attacks.

So each time they are selected to attack, they add another while the Priest is around.

Given that the rule is called "Feeding Frenzy" it makes sense in a fluff standpoint that they would get more attacks as they go on.

If these were Blood Warriors or everchosen or something ridiculous then I could understand the other anon's salt. But since we're talking about Bloodreavers, the likelihood of them surviving more than two rounds of combat to really benefit from it is small.
>>
>>51851006
Kind of strikes me as the attached bit of reins. Like the ornate piece that hangs off a bit in the mouth.

I'm all for new cav, I love me some mounted units
>>
>>51850652
Oh, I'm thinking of a different store. Shad's cool, you guys have the huge Ghal Maraz replica right?
>>
>>51849881
Strangle him anyways, anon.
>>
>>51849070
Cool idea, but the hinterlands scenarios are all about grabbing tokens and leaving the map with them, so only having 3 models will put you at the big disadvantage. Is drop the khorgorath and bring more cheaper animals and some other dudes. Keep the bloodstoker, that's cool
>>
>>51851694
Slaaneshi sorcerer that thinks he found a way to awaken his sleeping god
>>
>>51851833
Yessir, I think we are in the process of getting a chains word replica (non functioning of course).

Shads definitely chill, the only negative things about it are it's a gw store, so it's gotten rules that come with it (not that I don't understand why those are in place but I've scrapped many a conversion idea because it uses their party).

Where's your haunt at? At Ease games?
>>
>>51849363
AoS is a sequel, and a continuation of the story. But a lot of whfb people don't like the sequel and refuse to acknowledge it happened.
>>
>>51851868
Neat. I am almost getting excited for the return of the Slaanesh.
>>
>>51851814
>I'm all for new cav, I love me some mounted units

So far SC ride mini dragons and griffon things so next is SC riding what, lions?
>>
>>51851965
Who said anything about SC? I just like calvary, if I played chaos I'd use the Shit out of knights. The narrative aspect of a line breaking charge as your units impale hapless infantry is super cool

Or themselves being gored on pikes

Or just that gw does pretty sweet mounts in general (except dragons, they suck at those for the most part)
>>
File: 1.jpg (458KB, 833x600px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
458KB, 833x600px
>>51851006
please be free people knights
>>
File: IMG_1673.jpg (29KB, 225x311px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1673.jpg
29KB, 225x311px
>>51851965

I'd totally be up for a FW lord commander on elder star drake model t b h
>>
File: 1398882621349.gif (408KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1398882621349.gif
408KB, 160x160px
Have been away for last week - did I miss something?
>>
>>51852223
We've gotten more details on the new WHQ, but nothing new announced
>>
>>51852479
Yeah, AoS has been a little slow lately. I think it's because GW is focusing on Gathering Storm at the moment.
>>
so I just recently got into AoS, and I gotta ask, what is with the Spire of Dawn set? seems like they released it then immediately rendered those armies pointless, particularly the Elves.
>>
File: 2euVLgX.png (574KB, 679x400px) Image search: [Google]
2euVLgX.png
574KB, 679x400px
>>51849629
Whoa beautiful, thanks man! I read the first couple pages of the epub in readium and I am totally stoked to read it on my kindle, which doesnt handle the epubs.
>>
>>51852223
Just whatever new SCE kits that have come out.
>>
>>51852896
They are re-boxing of the old Fantasy starter.
>>
>>51852896
spire of dawn is a AoS reboxing of the old warhammer fantasy battles starter box, with severe price reduction. you get 2 decently sized armies for the prize of a SC Box.

they arent the most powerful armies atm but there will be a big elves vs slaanesh update soon making the elves relevant and skaven (especially pestilens and skryre) are pretty good already
>>
>>51852986
It's a re-boxing*
>>
>>51852896
They are not rendered pointless. They are both playable armies in AoS. I don't get what you mean, here.
>>
>>51852896
It's an old set called Island of Blood m8 - they just re-packed it and re-named as Spire of Dawn. Still, it's a good deal - 74 minis make a nice alternative starter set. Also it's not like SoD are unexpandable. For skaven you can buy a second SoD set and Pestilens SC! box for screaming bell and lightning cannon. For aelves you can buy a second set too (their battalion is noice) and pick Skycutters or Skywarden
>>
What do you guys think about this list?

Daemon Prince of Slaanesh - 160

Daemonettes x20 - 240
Daemonettes x20 - 240
Daemonettes x20 - 240
Exalted Seeker Chariot - 140
Seekers x5 - 120
Seekers x5 - 120

Reading over the Slaanesh special rule for the Daemon Princes sounds very strong.

I could potentially charge with each of them in a turn and always get the first attack before the enemies unit.

The chariots can absolutely mulch hordes with that charge ability if I can roll well enough.

Daemonettes would probably be sent after more elite units I think? With the rend and the extra attack generation I think they can really work over some expensive elite units.

Seekers I'm not really sure what to do with them. Maybe send them after squishy ranged units/warmachines.

How can I make this list better?
>>
File: fMp3bQH.jpg (110KB, 640x848px) Image search: [Google]
fMp3bQH.jpg
110KB, 640x848px
>opponent keeps reffering to my karl franz as a Freeguild General
>>
>>51853164
Karl is dead. Get over it. He's not even the celestant-prime.
>>
>>51853193
He's obviously Celestant Prime anon, come on now
>>
>>51853193
Take ghal maraz to the face faggot
>>
>>51853225
Obviously the Celestant Prime is Settra.
>>
>>51853164
>tfw your freeguild general is called karl franz as a title like the name caesar became

>>51853225
karl franz is the body sigmar is currently inhabiting
>>
>>51853164

I mean, are you using Karl's rules? Then it's Karl
>>
>>51853311
>caesar
oh you mean like KAISER?
Mh?
like KAISER KARL FRANZ?
which means EMPEROR KARL FRANZ?

so he'd be EMPEROR EMPEROR?

MH?
>>
File: lantic_empire.jpg (331KB, 1301x896px) Image search: [Google]
lantic_empire.jpg
331KB, 1301x896px
>>51853225
Nope. The celestant prime was a king of one of the lantic empires during the age of chaos. Not from the world that was, therefore not karl franz
>>
File: weakness.jpg (527KB, 1558x1046px) Image search: [Google]
weakness.jpg
527KB, 1558x1046px
So, I was weak. Despite my best intentions I bought these at the store today. Also have the Battletome and the GHB. Already had a few games at the store with the basegame as both Stormcast and Khornates. I guess I'm into AoS now. Now what?
I've been given to understand that these are a highly mobile force, right?
The Persecutors were a gift from the store owner (he needs to get rid of them as they are being repacked for cheaper, so he'll never sell the boxes of three he already has).
>>
>>51853384
>so he'll never sell the boxes of three he already has
Why not just lower the price?
>>
>>51853384
Stormcast in general aren't necessarily fast. But the units you've bought are definitely fast.

In general Stormcast tend to deep strike like some sort of spacial marines, but after that they move slow.

Those chocobos and winged prosecutors are pretty damn mobile though.
>>
>>51853404
Store owners can get weird like that.
>>
>>51853365

But that king could have easily been someone who survived the apocalypse, the lantic empire is old as fuck.

Here's your 1000 point list with literally just what's on the table. It's blindingly fast and deceptively shooty. Imagine god of war meets initial D

Just remember to build your prosecutors with javelins and shields.

Allegiance: Order

Leaders
Lord Aquilor (200)
- Gryph-Charger Trait: None

Battleline
5 x Vanguard-Hunters (140)
- Stormcast Eternals Battleline (Lord Aquilor General)
5 x Vanguard-Hunters (140)
- Stormcast Eternals Battleline (Lord Aquilor General)

Units
3 x Vanguard-Palladors (220)
3 x Vanguard-Palladors (220)
3 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (80)

Total: 1000/1000
>>
>>51853384

I forgot to quote you, this is for (you)

>>51853460
>>
>>51853124

did you have a glance over the daemon cohort of slaanesh formation?

Consider making atleast one chariot a herald as it has the srictly better profile for only 20 more points

Seekers can turn 1 charge surprisingly easy so sending them into enemy Ranged/support units is always an option

at that many points you should consider a Keeper of Secret (for its magic and INSANE command ability) or a Soulgrinder for Ranged attacks( Mine loves shooting everything while laughing on top of a objective)

In case you run mortals mixed with daemons at some point: the chaos lord on daemonic mount is crazy it has MORTAL and DAEMON keywords(so it triggers demonic loci for your troops and buffs your mortals) has insane movement and the same broken command ability the KoS has but for Mortals instead of daemons.
>>
>>51853460
>>51853476
Am I reading this right in that it is already a Vanguard army on the dot?
>>
>>51853501

Correctomundo

I mean technically the prosecutors are angelos conclave but who fucking cares
>>
>>51853460
I will relent to that, that Karl Franz survived the apocalypse, however I find it extremely unlikely.

The only ones that survived the end of the world were chaos followers and gods. So unless at some point Karl transended and became a god, or somehow lived for the thousands of years during the age of myth to get translated in the age of chaos, I don't see it happening.
>>
>>51853544
How would he have survived the Endtimes? He was deader than a doornail for a while when the actual end of the world happened.
>>
>>51853544
>So unless at some point Karl transended and became a god

It happened. It's how we have Sigmar now.
>>
>>51853544

Karl Franz was possessed by sigmar during glottkin and is his mortal body now, so in a way he's still alive (unless something has happened since then that they haven't written about)

The Prime could be anyone, Karl is a fan favorite because it would be a great successor to his character in WHFB and maybe Sigmar found a way to extricate his soul from himself and place it in the Primes armor.

Or it might just be some new character or Valten or Settra, we don't know yet
>>
>>51849525
So fcking kraggi is now 100 pt and do shit but gimwrath berserker is now 80 ...ha ha hah fuck u gw
>>
File: IMG_1485.jpg (174KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1485.jpg
174KB, 600x600px
OUTTA MY WAY ORDER FUCKING SHITS
>>
>>51851885
I'm down at the Oakbrook GW. We've got a really good store owner down here, but only a decently sized AoS community. I expect it to grow though, I'm running a map campaign and a lot of the 40k community are interested in jumping in.
>>
>>51853600

Because he literally is Sigmar now, or at least his permanent vessel
>>
>box with x6 Vanguard-Palladors and a Lord Aquilor
>it costs the same amount as 2 x3 Vanguard-Pallador boxes and a Lord Aquilor box
Why bother bundling it?
>>
>>51853600
I'm saying it is highly unlikely. Here's what we know:

>celestant-prime was a king of a human empire during the age of chaos

Having that particular king being karl franz is extremely unlikely because in order for him to have survived the end times, we would need to be a god.

Which like these have said >>51853614
>>51853629 karl franz would live on, if anything, as sigmar. The celestant-prime is a new character in the story.
>>
>>51853487
I just can't bring myself to purchase that old KoS model. Don't suppose you have a cool 3rd party alternative?
>>
>>51853743
GW does bundles, and they do box sets. The bundles are just one-click things are merely a gimmick, nothing else. The box sets, like start collectings and starter boxes, are the actual deals.
>>
>>51853747
Does Sigmar not have a Body of his own or something?
>>
>>51853775

He does, it's Karl's. Well, was Karl's.

Remember Sigmar first manifested again physically in karl and so far nothing has been said to have changed since then.
>>
>>51853802
What happened to Sigmars actual body? I figured with him being a god and all he'd have one
>>
>>51853766
I am currently converting the Yncarne into a KoS otherwise Raging-Heroes are releasing their TGG2 soon. I will be "adjusting" the upper body of my soulgrinder with their (pic related) soon.

Then again GW teased a LOT of slaanesh lately with GS2 and WarhammerQuest so we might see new models this year
>>
>>51853845

Presumably dissolved into the celestial wind of magic when Tzeentch locked him in there.
>>
>>51853851
It looks ok for 40k but I can't see how it would fit in AoS
>>
>>51853851
The top looks good but the bottom half looks retarded as hell even for fiction
>>
>>51853926
they come in scifi and fantasy versions. The Scifi Arms just seem to resemble the soulgrinders ranged weapon more accurately
>>
File: IMG_2600.jpg (2MB, 3755x2555px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2600.jpg
2MB, 3755x2555px
Here's my first unit of plaguebearers. Should I do my nurglings the same way, or what should I do to improve?
>>
>>51854056
Aside from the square bases they look pretty damn good. That's a good tabletop quality right there.
>>
>>51854056
Mein Gott, Anon - I hope you didn't glue your drones already
>>
>>51854079
I'm just using squares to differentiate between units. Only about half (20) will have them, and half of those will be purple-ish
>>
>>51854056
Looks fantastic.

Get the bases to look as disgusting and you got something.
>>
>>51854108
No I didn't. They're just sitting on the stands. They can still be removed as well as the riders.
>>
>>51853124
Shit, forgot to add another Exalted Chariot.

>>51853851
So, anyone ever buy models from these guys? If so what's the quality like?
>>
>>51854136
I would recommend you magnetizing them if you can - especially wings
http://theroadtovalhalla.blogspot.com/2013/09/6-plague-drones-completed-in-1-week.html
Also nice job Anon
>>
>>51853124
Why no KOS?
>>
>>51854215
Model is a big turn off but as >>51853851 this anon said I might go with something from that company.
>>
>>51854180
theyre a french company so shipping is fairly quick in europe. their quality is pretty good from the few pieces ive got but not perfect as i had to bend some of the resin and had to pin some metal parts (but its better than finecast) it also comes with instructions on how to clean and handle the resin etc
>>
File: Slambo.jpg (151KB, 812x683px) Image search: [Google]
Slambo.jpg
151KB, 812x683px
Got my Slambo today.
I love the model, but the fact that it's fucking resin is a big disappointment. Spent like half an hour getting rid of the godawful flash snd I still need to file off some flash and kit some of the glaring holes.
>>
>>51854314
fuck resin, never again touching that cancer
>>
File: Slambo_II.jpg (256KB, 885x1233px) Image search: [Google]
Slambo_II.jpg
256KB, 885x1233px
Also, we already know the warscroll, obviously, but the booklet also has the pitched battle profile.
80 pts like many anons predicted.
>>
>>51854314
Personally I think it's far inferior to the original Slambo despite being intended as near identical. It seems that some key spark was lost in the resculpt. I'm a bit of an oldhammer grog though (not in a WHFB is the best kind of way, more models and fluff - I quite like the simplicity of the AoS ruleset) so I'm probably biased towards my lovely old lead model.
>>
How long will it take for them to make a Sigmar model?
>>
>>51854314
>>51854337
I'll happily take GW resin over metal. I still prefer plastic though above them all.
>>
>>51854356
Yeah 80 pts is reasonable. He's a beatstick, nothing more.
>>
File: collage-1487797491663.jpg (193KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
collage-1487797491663.jpg
193KB, 1280x960px
Finished my first squad of berserkers with this guy. Looking forward to playing them but no doubt 5 wounds will get eaten away quick, hoping my wip battle smith might slow it down at least.
Must say I'm learning to hate metallic paints, they just don't act as nice as other layers and bases.
>>
>>51854356
Why he has not a Mark of Chaos ability? It's somehow lore-based?
>>
>>51854441
I really like how you did a glow effect on the chain. Touches like that take models above 'tabletop standard'. Well done.
>>
>>51854448
He's undivided. Not giving himself to any one god in particular.
>>
>>51854367
Matter of taste, I suppose. Myself being also an WHFB oldfag (well, somewhat. I joined at the transition from 4th to 5th) I generally prefer the more modern sculpts that go for the old theme while also incorporating modern designs and avoiding the foibles of the old stuff.
I guess it's down to outlook. Each to his own.
>>
>>51853193
>Karl is Sigmar.

Fixed for accuracy, because that's what actually happened, and we know that's what's happened, so why keep speculating?

Sigmar never physically returned during the End Times.

Karl Franz died fighting the Glottkin, then resurrected as the Incarnate of Heavens, and called himself Sigmar.

The Sigmar who fought Archaon, fell into a portal, met Dracothion and travelled to the Eight Realms was Karl Franz.

Until we're told that Sigmar made himself a new body or decides to possess different people, we have to assume that the god calling himself Sigmar was once Karl Franz.

Whether there was any of Franz left, or if Franz was ever truly the Sigmar of legend, is something I'd like them to explore.
>>
>>51854304
That and the FW one is actually awesome looking. Could also just wait til slaanesh's day comes
>>
>>51854448
Named characters don't get Mark of Chaos, obviously. You either serve one god and get their mark or you serve all of them while serving none of them, but switching is a no-go.
>>
>>51854557
Uh, no? Did you even read the Endtimes books?
KF died, his body got back up and continued on as KF, but was actually an amnesiac Sigmar possessing the corpse.
>>
>>51853851
>lust elves
Ho ho ho, get the fuck out of here
>>
>>51853851
Is there a game behind this? I can't seem to find anything so I'm guessing no but I could be wrong.
>>
>>51854622
Semantics. The point is that Sigmar is still wearing the Franz suit.

It was a bit more than possessing a corpse, too, because I don't remeber The End Times mentioning that Sigmar was decomposing while wrestling Archaon.
>>
>>51853404
It's an investment. If he shows kindness to a newbie now, they're more likely to continue doing business at his shop
>>
>>51854373
Until FW releases an Emperor model for 30k. Probably going to be a dual release in 2020+
>>
>>51854441
Looking good but could use a wash on the flesh.
>>
Can someone explain slambo's history? His name sounds llike a clowns name and he looks goofy.
>>
How fun are small elite based armies? I want to try either a beast men foot horde or a pure soul blight army but I'm worried about what I'd screen with for the Soulblight army.
>>
>>51855191
he has none.

that's all there is to a chaos warrior model that got a funny name to attract attention on a models catalog.
>>
>>51854441
you should center the model to the base otherwise it will look retarded.
>>
File: IMG_20170219_191442.jpg (444KB, 2897x877px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170219_191442.jpg
444KB, 2897x877px
>>51854480
Thanks, it was my first attempt at OSL stuff so happy it looks good.
>>51855170
I washed then relayed Cadian over the top, although I understand what you mean, it was too easy to layer almost everything because there's a lot of flat areas. I'm hoping it's less of an issue on more detailed models like my smith as there's more obvious recesses (in pic). Does it look flat there too though?
>>
File: IMG_4553.jpg (155KB, 1000x1503px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4553.jpg
155KB, 1000x1503px
>>51854056

They look good, but the top left guy seems to have a few missing details. I would also suggest a different eye color, because the yellow is also used for pus. Try jet black, with a glossy (ard coat) finish. This will make them look even more sinister, and almost insecty!

Overall a very solid job anon!
>>
>>51854314
>>51854337
resin is fine to work with, youre all just babies
>>
>Karl franz is relegated to being a flesh puppet for sigmar

PURGE SIGMARITE HERETIC FUCKING SHITS
>>
>>51854314
>>51854337

Well welcome to the world outside GW.
>>
File: 1480217053435.png (17KB, 180x200px) Image search: [Google]
1480217053435.png
17KB, 180x200px
>>51848848
Glad to hear it anon.

Welcome and have fun!
>>
>>51855988
>relegated to
>found body strong, pure, and worthy enough to become the body of the soul of a literal god he worshipped and depended on
[sarcasm]oh yeah what a terrible fate for our hero[/sarcasm]
>>
File: Shadowsword.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Shadowsword.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51849268
>>51850175
>>51850273
I know this is AoS but pdf realted has a very good portrayal of Slaanesh's influence, and the excesses it brings.
It's an extremely solid and enjoyable overall. I'd recommend reading the first book, Baneblade, beforehand to get attached to characters, and the short story, Iron Harvest, that links the two books but you can just read Shadowsword if you want.
>>
>>51849525
Jesus are vulkite berserkers that shit? 60 points for 5?
Never played the naked dwarves before.
>>
>>51856336
The Fyreslayers overall are just overcosted. They aren't terrible, but underwhelming. They got a blanket 20pt nerf accross the board to help make them a little more viable. The problem is outside the magmadroths being great in melee, the rest of the army is just a slow moving melee list. They tend to kick ass when they get into melee and buffed by the right characters, but it is too easy to counter them.
>>
>>51856367
> slow moving
OK, I play Ironjawz, so I know slow moving.
But I also now every other fucking order general is taking Reckless, so they are reroll ingredients their charges anyway.
I also now they can basically deep strike in one of their formations. I would not call them THAT slow.
>>
>>51856490
Ironjaws have the destruction trait allegiance and the Ironfist that can make them a lot faster.

They also have multiple wounds and a 4+ save.

Fyreslayers have a single wound and a 5+, and their fnp only kick in at very large units size.
>>
>>51856490
Outside of the magmadroths, they have no cavalry. They have a blanket move of 4".

They are a slow moving melee list. Ironjawz at least has cavalry, and that hero phase bonus.

I'm not saying Ironjawz are fast melee, but I am saying fyreslayers are definitely one of the slowest, if not the slowest of them all.
>>
>>51856367
>>51856490

tin foil at on: GW sees sales of this expensive line of miniatures lower than desired. GW sees this line of miniatures not show up anywhere near the top of any tournament anywhere. GW releases new lower points for this line of miniatures to provoke more sales.

Tinfoil hat off.

I should probably stop being so cynical
>>
>>51856611
If they increase the cost of every single legacy miniature (including the bretonians), then you may have merit. If not, then it is just safe to say that tomb kings have been appearing in too many tournament's top 3's, so they need the appropriate points adjustments.
>>
Vanguard palladors: javelins are better than axes right?

>>51856336

They're a spam army, GW just didn't realize it
>>
File: chocobo.png (734KB, 949x658px) Image search: [Google]
chocobo.png
734KB, 949x658px
>>51856702
Yeah, generally the javelins are superior. You basically trade +1 to-hit and 1 attack for +1" and -1Rend, which is already roughly comparable, but you also get a beefy shooting attack out of the deal as well.
Not to mention the Palladors want more ranged attacks due to RtWA allowing shooting but disallowing charges. Most of the heavy lifting in melee will be done by the Gryph-charger anyway.
>>
Why would anyone use the GW online store when you can get big discounts elsewhere? People too lazy to google?
>>
>>51856847

Good good, I love how dynamic the javelins look on the models so that's definitely a plus.

Anyone starting to warm up to vanguard hunters? 4 3+/4+ attacks each is some serious volume against most other battleline or backfield units. Not having to rely on scions of the storm is another bonus too
>>
>>51856954

has exclusive stuff, free shipping to a GW store.

There's a lot of shit you can't get through Warstore these days
>>
>>51854441
>>51855765
These are looking really nice, I can see where you've used the wash and done some highlights I think its the Cadian Fleshtone thats quite strong that makes it look kinda of odd, it's hard to pin point, maybe try a layer of Kislev flesh? Or will that make them too light?
>>
>>51856981
Not this Anon but what about common shit like paints, brushes or start collecting boxes? I have seen at least few Anons on aosg and 40kg buying stuff like this directly from GW store
>>
File: IMG_2563.jpg (849KB, 2019x1220px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2563.jpg
849KB, 2019x1220px
>>51856957
Hunters are fine as warmachine hunters, harassers and very light assassins, though I am annoyed that they only become battleline under the Lord-Aquilor, possibly the most pointless Lord-type the Stormcast possess.
But he looks cool.
>>
File: IMG_2602.jpg (49KB, 478x637px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2602.jpg
49KB, 478x637px
How's this look for a vanguard list?
>>
>>51857101

the aquilor is deceptively killy and with his gryphcharger he'll typically rival or beat a castellant on dracoth for damage, especially with an artifact and aethereal stalker trait on the charger.

His command ability is only okay until you take the consummate commander trait and a tagalong celestant on foot.

Plus the battalions that require him are all p stronk

So in all, a viable alternative to a dracoth celestant.
>>
>>51850957
it says add 1 to their characteristic every time they attack

as opposed to they make an extra attack that round

you add it to their stat line it stacks
>>
>>51857101
>I am annoyed that they only become battleline under the Lord-Aquilor
I'm annoyed about that too, although more because the Lord-Aquilor's mount looks silly to me. If it had a gryph-charger instead, I'd be content.
>>
>>51857402
I'll take your word for his damage potential, but I really have my doubts about the Command Ability. The units that can tag along with him are either excessively mobile themselves, rarely want to move or likely are already where they need to be. On top of that, using Consumate Commander deprives you of using Reckless or Staunch Defender.
In my opinion his entire job can be done better by a squad of Palladors
>>
>>51857385
I'm not sure if I would drop a herald for prince - it seems to have a better synergy with rest of the daemons
>>
>>51857619

He gives hunters a way to reposition once on the board and gives palladors pursuit in the first place, it's not too bad. Having hunters come in, kill artillery and then teleport across the field to do it all over again is useful. Remember those units can still run and shoot after his command ability, giving it some extra flexibility.

Furthermore in a vanguard chamber list you'll probably be doing quite a bit of MSU, so even the celestant on dracoths command ability wouldn't necessarily be optimal.

Staunch defender is pretty sweet but not necessarily that great in a vanguard chamber list since its most likely not going to be a big deathball moving up the table like footslog stormcast. Reckless is great as usual

He's certainly not auto include but he's a viable pick.
>>
>>51854180
I've bought some raging minis for my deldar. The metal ones are at least good quality, I'd recommend them.
>>
>>51857721
>he's a viable pick
Sure, I can agree to that. Repositioning Hunters is probably the big draw here. RtWA means Palladors can already haul ass in a punch and I don't see much benefit of using it on Raptors outside a few edge cases.
That said, I'd like to point out that Hunters *can't* run after his command, as running is done as part of the regular movement, which they don't get after an outflank.
As for the 'death ball', amusingly enough that was actually my first thought upon reading the new stuff. Deploying a whole lot of Hunters and the Lord-Aquilor to deploy behind the enemy, knuckle down with Staunch Defender, draw in a bunch of Raptors and dare your opponent to do something. Add Celestant Prime for maximum fun.
>>
>>51857619

I was actually curious if min palladors outdamaged the aquilor and it turns out even with the aquilor having the +1 damage sword, they'll beat him by about 1.5 extra unsaved wounds (6.71 versus 5.11) per round

Funnily enough this is about the same ratio that min fulminators and concussors will beat a celestant on dracoth by.

>>51857887

That does sound fun desu, especially if you have some fulminator back up for sweet sweet mortal wound shooting.
>>
>>51857385

Price is fine cause he procs the flies and can keep up with his speed, epidemius can be the real problem unless you play a army with heavy bodies he wont have much effect so u can swap him for another prince or a herald and add some beasts of nurgle. other then that it will stack up well in most 1k point games
>>
So I figured out how to do my Griff charger as blood crusher conversion, centaurs, just pull the head off, mount the upper torso of a rider I like, then put the bird head in top of that
>>
File: IMG_2605.jpg (52KB, 406x678px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2605.jpg
52KB, 406x678px
>>51858049
Better?
>>
So I'm really digging the SC riding mini dragons and griffon-horse things but when do we get SC riding giant war lions and giant flying eagles?

There is so much room to expand on the SC riding awesome fantasy creatures concept. I really hope they keep up the same sort of releases.
>>
>>51858210
Sounds like Tzeentchian Centigors.
>>
>>51858425

Looks pretty good you could also just throw another squad of plaguebearers instead of nurglings
>>
>>51858559

We've still got a few whole chambers to reveal for each stormhost so I wouldn't worry about the chances of there being more cavalry

I'm glad there's someone else here who likes dracothian guard besides me though
>>
>>51854079

> Aside from the square bases...

Good joke anon, everybody knows squares are better looking than rounds.
>>
You guys think they will add more battleline units in the new handbook? Like say, Nurglings or Beasts become battleline with an all nurgle keyword kind of like Khorne hounds with mono khorne?
>>
>>51858566
Well adding centagors would ruin the army composition, so they have to be summons
>>
>>51858687
What chambers are left? What are they called? Do we know anything about them?

>>51858718
I hope one of 2 things are done:
>add more battleline options, freeing up more battlelines
>changing the "becomes battleline with allegiance" ones to "becomes battleline if your general is a ____"
This would allow more flexibility and still keep restrictions. An example I give is if you wanted to play ironjawz, and even just add a gargant to it would not be doable. But if somethign like brutes were battleline with an ironjawz general, then you could add neccessities to your list.
>>
>>51858559
I feel like things such as lions and giant eagles should be left/given to the Free Peoples and elves. Stormcast have plenty of units now. And I say that as a Stormcast player.
>>
>>51858943
>left/given to the Free Peoples and elves

why? those armies are shit anyways and no one plays them competitively. Why cater to people who won't even buy into the new armies?
>>
File: GetALoadOfThisGuy.jpg (23KB, 240x260px) Image search: [Google]
GetALoadOfThisGuy.jpg
23KB, 240x260px
>>51858981
For variety?
>>
>>51858981

Free guilds are actually pretty legit competitive wise and are still in production
>>
>>51858631
I like that option
>>
>>51858786

They're listed in the new battle tome, only their names are given

I think there were 4 more chambers but I only remember the Ruination chamber, Logister chamber and I THINK the Sacrosanct chamber
>>
>>51859034
>For variety?
don't elves already have more units than any other faction anyways? Fuck them. New shit is better.
>>
>>51858425
Why not combine the plaguebearers into one unit for the -2 to hit and use the nurglings as battle-line?.
>>
>>51859175

nurglings arent battleline
>>
>>51859175
I would my good sir, but one does not simply use nurglings as battleline. I'll just swap them for 10 more plaguebearers
>>
>>51859230
doesn't nurgle daemons get any non-plaguebearer battleline? Mm, might need to ask the nurgle guy at the lgs how he's doing it or if he's cheating
>>
File: Shrug.gif (998KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
Shrug.gif
998KB, 500x264px
>>51859167
Elves are as much one faction as orcs are. And as you said, no one plays them competitively, part of the reason being that they're somewhat out of date and have little support. It doesn't help that GW divvying them up into a dozen different subfactions makes synergizing decently-sized armies difficult.

What's with the elf hateboner, anyway? I mentioned Free Peoples too, but you focused on the elves.
>>
>>51859249

Heaps of shit they can take as battleline, say marauders or warriors but nurglings are not one of them
>>
>>51859049
>Free guilds

Just why? SC are literally the new human faction that replaced empire.
>>
>>51859291
It's more SC are the space marines to the empire's imperium.

I do feel like Bretonnia and Empire no longer really fit in unless they go for some kind of dark souls aesthetic for future models, with worn, stubborn souls endlessly marching forward.
>>
>>51859327
>Bretonnia and Empire no longer really fit in

they don't they were literally replaced with SC
>>
>>51859269
>they're somewhat out of date and have little support

all the more reason to kill them off completely and focus on new shit.
>>
>>51859437
Then why are empire models still sold on the GW site, rumors are bretonnia are coming back while tomb kings are still completely gone?
>>
>>51859437
In the same sense that the skaven replace Slaanesh?
>>
>>51859437
Oh ye of little fluff. The more you post the more it looks like you are trolling, but I will humor you a little longer.

Sigmar can't reconquer the mortal realms on his own. When the gates of azyr opened up, the stormcast eternals were unleashed, and the armies of order we as well. Countless battles were the stormcast eternals backed by the dispossessed, highborn, exiles, and yes, free peoples, to great effect.

The current bastions of order are not homes for the stormcast eternals, they are homes for the regular mortals that all this fighting is being done for. It's all hands on deck for order in this war against chaos, and Sigmar needs the support now more than ever.
>>
>>51859467
>Then why are empire models still sold on the GW site

because they haven't sold out of the warehouse inventory?

Either way they were written out of the new fluff and replaced with SC. Who is the lord of SC? Sigmar is the lord of SC. The old empire is dead.
>>
>>51859530
>Either way they were written out of the new fluff and replaced with SC
Nope. Wrong again. Read a book.
>>
File: thisiswhatshitpostersbelieve.jpg (90KB, 798x307px) Image search: [Google]
thisiswhatshitpostersbelieve.jpg
90KB, 798x307px
>>51859530
He's back guys. Ignore him. It's obviously troll bait.
>>
File: StupidCarl.gif (301KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
StupidCarl.gif
301KB, 500x375px
>>51859456
>>51859437
>>51859291
>>51859530

Oh, okay, you're just salty about nothing in particular and looking for easy arguments.

I'll leave you to it, then.
>>
>>51859548
>Nope. Wrong again.

yeah okay sure. *sigmar isn't the lord of the SC*

its like this guy said about empire and elves fans:

>>51859327
>stubborn souls endlessly marching forward
>>
>>51859575
>The space marines are replacing imperial guard you guys
>who is the emperor of the space marines? the emperor. imperial guard no longer exist
>>
>>51858786
Yes. Even if just hard boyz are battle line I would be happy.
I just want it a bit easier to add variety to my Ironjaws... like the fucking gargant I got in the battleforce....
>>
>>51859607
40K ≠ AOS
>>
File: stormhoststructure.jpg (640KB, 1317x876px) Image search: [Google]
stormhoststructure.jpg
640KB, 1317x876px
>>51859126
Ok looking at the BT now

>Ruination
Artillery maybe? Bit beasts? Nukes?
>Logister
I am guessing this might work more like the Ministorum in the imperium. No battlefield presence, but necessary for the workings behind the scenes in how the stormhosts work. They may even be mere mortals.
>Covenant
Perhaps diplomacy or something like the Water Caste for Tau? Again no battlefield presence, but essential for the workings.
>Sacrosanct
Wizards. My money is if the SCE ever get wizards, it will be from this chamber.

Then there's also the Lord-Commander mini we have yet to see, the masters of the stormhosts.

Obviously GW is not done yet with the SCE, but I reckon we won't be seeing any new stuff for at least maybe a year.
>>
File: malekith when.jpg (185KB, 643x900px) Image search: [Google]
malekith when.jpg
185KB, 643x900px
Elves when?
>>
>>51859630
>Warhammer ≠ Warhammer
Next you'll tell me Tzeentch, Slaanesh, Nurgle and Khorne are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT between the two
>>
>>51859619
I know it really could be better, and I don't think it would break the game any for at least every major faction to have 1 or 2 unconditional battleline options.
>>
>>51859718
>desperately clinging to hope.

super cringe worth
>>
>>51859718
They are to an extent
>>
>>51859730
What hope? Bitch I play Seraphon I already got what I wanted
>>
File: file.png (201KB, 500x516px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
201KB, 500x516px
>Death, Chaos and Destruction get special models that define them
>Order gets nothing

stimulates the synapses
>>
>>51860089
>Allarielle
>Stardrake
>Celestant-Prime
>>
File: file.png (280KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
280KB, 600x620px
>>51860127
None of them are big fuck-off miniatures that define their alliance though. Does Allarielle represent the Dwarves?
>>
>>51860172
What's Destructions fuck-off character?

Archaon also doesn't really represent the Skaven if you think about it.
>>
>>51860172

Wait until Sigmar gets a model.
>>
File: file.png (445KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
445KB, 600x620px
>>51860194
The two tails represents the horned rat
>>
>>51860194
>Archaon also doesn't really represent the Skaven if you think about it.
This.

>>51860227
Nice stretch.
>>
>>51848845
How are you making those, they look great (face shields)?
>>
>>51860227
>Gordrakk
>Representing Ogors
>Same size as Allarielle

Come on man, you're shooting yourself in the foot every new post.
>>
>>51860227

>Gordrakk represents the Ogres.
>>
File: file.png (372KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
372KB, 600x620px
>>51860242
How's that a stretch?
>>
>>51855956
Resin is normally fine to work with.

GW resin is utter shit.
>>
>>51860273
Because the Skaven don't really serve Archaon. His mount doesn't even have any Skaven influence.
>>
>>51860227
>>51860267
They literally mention how the Ogors believe Gordrak is the physical incarnation of what is left of The Maw.
>>
>>51860268
>Ogres following representation of beasts on earth and join the great waagh
>But not represented by the strongest orc riding the strongest beast leading the Great WAAAAAAAAAGH
>>
File: file.png (299KB, 350x405px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
299KB, 350x405px
>>51860300
The two tails bruh
>>
>>51860326
If that's true then it should have been more rat-like.
>>
>>51859291

Free people are a non squatted faction and greatswords are sweet

>>51859699

I'm thinking ruination are either magic users or yeah, artillery

>sacrosanct

I actually think these might be purifiers/more priests

>logister

I doubt there are going to be stormcast accountants, maybe warmachines? No idea
>>
>>51860813
>Free people are a non squatted faction and greatswords are sweet
>>51859530
>>
File: hfhnIqY.jpg (31KB, 276x394px) Image search: [Google]
hfhnIqY.jpg
31KB, 276x394px
Slaanesh lives.
The new hammerhal AoS box has a Sorcerer lord of slaanesh:

"Finally, we have Lord Redomir, a Chaos Sorcerer Lord of Slaanesh.
Long has he, and sorcerers like him, attempted to draw the attention of their lost Chaos God, but to no avail. Now he thinks he may havefound a way to locate and awaken his gorged and sleeping deity. Gathering to him followers of Chaos and binding them with promises of bloodshed, mayhem and desolation, he has forged an alliance and seeks to fulfil his destiny…"

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/02/21/closer-look-the-villains/

The sorcerer is actually planning to locate and awaken the gorged and sleeping Slaanesh!
>>
>>51860889
Slaanesh sure is a fat fuck.

She needs to stop eating so many elf souls
>>
>>51849744

The vague hint shit in addition to the general cult was pretty bad. Most of times towards the end he'd have maybe a sentence about what was coming out and the rest of the post be about how bad GW was and how he was enjoying X game so much better.

>>51850776

He didn't, on the other hand however he did possibly make it easier to call him out since he said they'd be released after Steamhead and possibly some Skaven.

>>51851006

I feel like I've seen this somewhere before, but can't remember where.
>>
>>51860127
Those are all pretty weaksauce compared to Archaon or Nagash desu senpai.
>>
>>51859699

I say 50% chance Lord commander is a big prerequisite battalion that buffs the shit out of one lord celestant (foot dracoth or stardrake) and 50% that it's an even bigger stardragon with a supreme badass on top, 700 points
>>
>>51860848

Except all the remaining empire stuff went out of stock and got resupplied, they're making more of it.

Hammerhal also showed that the free people's are basically just the empire again, culturally. Grimdark rat catchers and everything
>>
>>51861184
Nah he's too much of a big deal. I would recon he gets his own model and warscroll with a bunch of expensive battalions.

>>51861218
Stop replying to him. He's obviously baiting.
>>
>>51861230

Possibly, but they've hinted that the lord commander is less of a chapter master and is more just the first amongst all the Stormhosts lord celestants (so obviously Vandus).

The fact that they haven't even mentioned the name of the Hammers of Sigmar lord commander makes me believe they might not have elected one yet.

But that's pretty weak conjecture, it very well likely could be a gigantic new model to rival archaon because stormcast need three of those.
>>
>>51861179
Allarielle can kill each of them in one turn.

Those thighs too.
>>
>>51861279
Vandus is not the lord commander. He is the Lord-celestant of the Hammerhands, sort of a company within the chapter. He's more like a captain than anything. We know nothing of any names of any lord-commanders.

I am guessing we won't get to lord-commanders until shit really hits the fan and we start seeing clashes between sigmar and archaon and the like.
>>
>>51861316

Yeah sorry I meant to imply that Vandus clearly will become lord commander of the Hammers of Sigmar at some point, it's like if Calgar was just first captain of the ultramarines.

I bet that's true, they'll probably be an extremis style release where they're a response to a major chaos threat
>>
I cant find the sylvanneth PDF
>>
>>51860326
The Lord Aquilor's Gryph Charger's got two tails, does that mean the Aquilor is secretly helping the skaven?
>>
>>51862291
Denying facts doesn't change them or make them go away.
>>
File: 2017-02-22 23.17.23.jpg (1MB, 1885x1060px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-22 23.17.23.jpg
1MB, 1885x1060px
Whatre you guys working on?

Im getting around to painting some empire that have been sitting in a box since before the world ended
>>
>>51863173
He wasn't denying anything. The gryph chargers have two tails, ergo they are secretly skaven.

That's what you're saying.
>>
>>51863229
>>51862291

Actually gryphchargers and gryph hounds both have twin tails as reference to their celestial origins with the twin tailed comet

So clearly skaven are celestial servants of Sigmar but they just haven't figured it out yet
>>
>>51860326
the twin tails are a common symbolism to the comet that heralded first the cometh of sigmar and sotek, then the arrival of the vermin lords and the apocalypse.
it's present on multiple models, startibg from the prophet of sotek tehenhauin.

the skaven sent no greater daemon to be devoured by dorghar so it cannot have a skaven influence.
enjoy being a part of chaos and yet irrelevant in its eyes.
>>
File: 785678567858.png (794KB, 919x991px) Image search: [Google]
785678567858.png
794KB, 919x991px
>>51863253
>Thanquol backstabs Archaon and sides with Sigmar
>>
SKAVENVERMIN FUCK OFF FROM CHAOS YOU FUCKING RATS
>>
>>51862115
https://mega.nz/#!vkAFHQQb!VFYSq10Maz0NF2-RPGHJ5rcYr4ZiSrqyhzh7DkLZtGI

Spoonfeed for u, it is in mega.
>>
Tomb Kings when?
>>
>>51863596
I have it on really reliable authority, next weekend. They are pushing it through before the next 40k triumvirate. They're getting the full range, minus settra, but a new settra model, and a battletome + spell and warscroll cards.

Get hype, man.
>>
is it wrong that, with the fluff tidbits we've gotten from hammerhal, i wanna put together a broad outline of how to use DH2e as a base for roleplaying in the age of sigmar?
>>
>>51863627
How would that be bad? In what way would that be bad?
>>
>>51863626
stop lying
>>
>>51863596
unsure myself, I'm painting my necrons in a polished lapis/cobalt look with gold trim so if I like I can run them as TK in AoS, in process of frankenstiening lychguard kit into ushabti using some cool animal heads from puppet's war

>>51863626
I hate that I want to belive you
>>
File: In Ages Past.png (175KB, 388x514px) Image search: [Google]
In Ages Past.png
175KB, 388x514px
Who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>51863632
i don't know. I'm a lazy ass, but i'm getting into the fluff and it's getting my mental gears working.

like it seems like the powerlevel would be a bit flatter compared to the range of stuff like i don't think a stormcast dude would have as large of a suite of benefits compared to a space marine, and armor won't be able to bloat quite as much compared to 40k.
>>
>>51861048
The worst part about the cult was that you were not allowed to call them out at all without all their jobbers coming out and defending them. And I mean not hating, but just saying: I have a hard time believing that and would like a source would be treated as some kind of bloody murder.

Hastings and that 'Harry' guy became Grognards incarnate. God, I had forgotten how aweful Warseer had become at the end. No actual news, and just and pages of whining by people who wanted everyone to cater to them exclusively. Granted, GW was very bad at engaging with their community at the time, but the whole malicious angle those guys would attach to it always struck me as kinda juvenile.

>He didn't, on the other hand however he did possibly make it easier to call him out since he said they'd be released after Steamhead and possibly some Skaven.

The Steamhead rumour is also something I will believe when I actually see the miniatures. We don't have any clues for new Skaven coming either, although I'd welcome it as a Skaven player.
>>
what in the fuck was I thinking

I bought 60 monopose bloodreavers have decided to convert about 50 of them such that no two were identical

I'm two thirds of the way through and it is getting tough. I wish my sculpting wasn't so shitty or I would reposition arms and stuff, because these poses are getting very same-y.

for sure when I expand the group for 60 to 80 eventually I am buying the multipart kit, even though it will cost me as much as the entire rest of the bloodreavers

what pains me the most is blood reavers are one wound models with a no save. They will be coming off the table in less time it took to set them all up.
>>
>>51863654
>a book says I'm going to be a horrible world destroying monster? What a terrible fate!
>hey god, it isn't true, right? ...God?
>oh no, he won't answer. Guess I'd better become this thing I absolutely despise and blow up the world, that'll show him not to return my calls!

I'm hard pressed to think of a more retarded reason to go evil.
>>
>>51863654
Archaon of course, weak little nancy.

>DIEDERICK YOU WILL BECOME ARCHAON
>B-but I don't want to become the anti-christ
>Sigmar-kun please help me not become the anti-christ
>-silence-
>Gyah, now I will become the anti-christ because Sigmar-baka didn't talk to me!

Oversimplification of course, since it's more of a classic crisis of faith. Might rip the novels from the MEGA to start reading them, see how good the buildup is.
>>
>>51863710
To be honest, it was better when Archaon was a straight up nihilist, rather than the Grand Marshal of Hell that he now is. Would have better if he'd died in End-Times by fulfilling his destiny. And then maybe some other character could have shown him that we make our destiny and he'd feel regret or something like that.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (289KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
289KB, 1600x1200px
>>51863700
>60 monopose bloodreavers
You think thats bad?
>>
>>51863753
why would you do that to yourself

how many head swaps, weapon swaps, extra bits, etc can you really do?
>>
>>51863766
zero
>>
>>51863665
hmm. magic/psykery would have to be rehauled, as it seems that since the mortal realms are straight up made of magic it's way safer than it was in the old world and 40k
>>
>>51863770
get yourself a dremel and anything is possible
>>
>>51863749
Then how will they construct the Archaon redemption arc?
>>
File: 1436685518579.png (1MB, 3392x856px) Image search: [Google]
1436685518579.png
1MB, 3392x856px
>>51853544

>The only ones that survived the end of the world were chaos followers and gods.

Actually Mallus apparently acted as a sort of spiritual lodestone and thus quite a number of people survived. You also have people who somehow slipped into other dimensions or fought their way out of the Realm of Chaos.

>>51863749

I'm not sure if he was always a nihilist, but I have to agree that interpretation of him was more interesting than the one that decides to destroy stuff just because a book told him to. That is really a big part of why I too wish they had either killed him after the End Times or left his fate unclear.
>>
File: citadel wood.jpg (824KB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
citadel wood.jpg
824KB, 3000x2250px
>>51858981

>AoS
>playing competitively

This will sound so cliché, but really man, pick one...
>>
>>51864011
>Completely clueless about the thriving aos competitive scene
>>
>>51864110
>he plays dice rolling games competitively

holy shit dude, just relax with some friends and enjoy stupid spells and abilities and shit
>>
>>51864011
That citadel wood looks pretty great like that, though. What's that stuff called?
>>
>>51858981
The models still exist?

Are we supposed to only choose the new and shiny factions to start?

All 5 of them?
>>
File: 467798.jpg (17KB, 258x227px) Image search: [Google]
467798.jpg
17KB, 258x227px
>witch hunters do extra damage to demons and mages, but not ghosts or vampires
>>
>>51864219
Clump foliage. Basically little chunks of foam with flock stuck on. You can buy it in different colours from companies like Gale Force Nine, or even get some flock and make your own. There's tutorials on YouTube for it.
>>
>>51864224
According to some of these ridiculous idiots, you're only allowed factions that have a post-Sylvaneth book and new miniatures. New being, released within in the last year. Even though Free guild has a perfectly functioning faction at the moment and is a great core for some combination with wizard or artillery
>>
File: wizurbs.jpg (417KB, 1205x989px) Image search: [Google]
wizurbs.jpg
417KB, 1205x989px
>>51863176
Looking nice

Just working on my wizards, accidently dropped the curseling and his staff snapped, damn resin
>>
>>51864288
Well, they are called witchhunters, not ghostbusters.
>>
>order and chaos have the most amount of armies

>destruction only consists of Ogres O&G and Space Marine Orks
>Death only consists of vampire cunts with no tomb kings

why is this allowed?
>>
File: IMG_3042.jpg (552KB, 1000x1581px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3042.jpg
552KB, 1000x1581px
>>51864219

Its not mine, but I saw a tutorial about it. Apparently, the dude used steel wool as a base, glued that as a "filler" to the interior of the tree crown. Then he used clump foliage as >>51864313 mentions. This covers all the steel wool up, and looks natural and fluffy.

>>51864110

Its not about the fact that people plays this game competitively, its the fact that that they try to make it in to something its not. See, no matter how much I pimp my Volvo, its never going to be more than a Volvo, see what Im getting at? There will always be better and faster cars out there, no matter how delusional I am about my ride. And the same rings true here, no matter how you twist and turns it, AoS will always be a game that´s supposed to be a game for shits and giggles. Its fun as hell, and actually includes more tactics than you would think at first glance. But the fact still remains, that there are games that are way better (and Im talking leagues here!) at competitive gameplay.

When GW, the biggest manufacturer of plastic multi part figures, comes forward and denounce they are a gaming company, and also push for players to buy the models they like, that they think looks cool, you cant really convince anyone its a tournament game.
>>
>>51864646
>Volvo
bad analogy
>>
File: акши.jpg (342KB, 948x1080px) Image search: [Google]
акши.jpg
342KB, 948x1080px
In Vietnam war again...
>>
File: дварфы.png (355KB, 404x576px) Image search: [Google]
дварфы.png
355KB, 404x576px
>>51864722
>>
New thread
>>51864770
>>51864770
>>51864770
>>
>>51863445
Skavens are only true chaos.
>>
>>51864489
Yeah, that's the ogors' job, m'kay?

There's something strange... in the realm.
GUTBUSTERS! Dududundun! GUTBUSTERS!
>>
File: 1486082672902.png (64KB, 1288x455px) Image search: [Google]
1486082672902.png
64KB, 1288x455px
I bought the death battle time and the FEC battle tome - different was scrolls. Can I use both, can I combine them?
>>
>>51856954
I order stuff from it and pay in my local GW, because online discount places don't run a brick and mortar hobby shop and gaming club in my town.
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.