[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kingdom Death Monster General /kdmg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 64

File: Merry RedYear.jpg (212KB, 638x963px) Image search: [Google]
Merry RedYear.jpg
212KB, 638x963px
Kingdom Death Discussion.
New thread for the dead.

Pledge Manager edition.
>>
Red Witches the best.
>>
File: futafu.jpg (58KB, 638x724px) Image search: [Google]
futafu.jpg
58KB, 638x724px
>>51828116
Patrician Taste
>>
For those of you that bought the Flower Knight, what do you usually do for its cape?

I keep trying to come up with a way to have the cape be a trail of colorful flowers/flower petals, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to actually do it without looking gross or tacky.
>>
Still don't know what to get.
>>
>>51828248
I would have totally got this set if not for this. Inb4
>>
Is there a download link for all the illustrations?
>>
File: cock queen.png (364KB, 639x695px) Image search: [Google]
cock queen.png
364KB, 639x695px
BEST
>>
File: 100% natty.jpg (109KB, 825x377px) Image search: [Google]
100% natty.jpg
109KB, 825x377px
>>51828481
>Not liking best grill.
>>
>>51828462
Gambler's Chest is basically a requirement, comes with a large amount of models and notable expansion content.

Abyssal Woods campaign is so full of stuff you'd be crazy to not get it. Even with the soft-requirement of Flower Knight and Spiderface, it's worth it. FK and Spider are both solid expansions in their own right as well.

Dragon King if you don't have it, as this is the cheapest you'll ever be able to get it, and this discount was applied before Poots started to realize that he needed to be less generous with the kickstarter discounts.

Get Anonymous Survivor to support your fellow man.

>>51828645
While not what you're asking exactly, you can download the pdf art book from the KD website.
>>
>>51828462
Everything that you really like.
>>
File: dun_goofed.png (47KB, 536x1174px) Image search: [Google]
dun_goofed.png
47KB, 536x1174px
Wish I could get pin ups to use as proxy for all of the monsters for fun but to expensive.

Not sure I can spend more than this.
>>
File: 1469495869304.gif (264KB, 148x111px) Image search: [Google]
1469495869304.gif
264KB, 148x111px
>>51829222
>no Mosquito
why tho
>>
>>51829263
>>51829263
Because fuck the mosquito. I'm astounded by how many of the new expansions don't appeal - possibly because I don't like Poots descriptions, and get excited when I see the minutiae and reviews.
>>
File: the goods.jpg (73KB, 516x860px) Image search: [Google]
the goods.jpg
73KB, 516x860px
>>51829222
>All the Promos and Wanderers
>Doesn't have all the original content.
>Buying Weaver+Gorm
That is such a weird list of stuff.
>>
And I went back and added 3 more things to my list. Hopefully I can stop there, and no do something stupid like return for the Black Knight, pinups, or say, all the other content.
>>
>>51829263
I want the Mosquito but went with weaver instead due to the interaction with Abyssal Forest

>>51829443
> Promos will be the rarest thing from the Kickstarter
> Gorm best expansion by most people
> Weaver interacts with Abyssal Forest
>>
>>51829624
>Caring about "Rarity" over content.
Lmao, you "boardgame investors" are hilarious.

Gorm is the best by most people literally because it's currently ONLY other Node 1 (LY1) Monster beside the lion.
But since you're getting Weaver as well you're getting 2 super early game monsters which makes having both a little redundant (since you're also getting First Hero which you want mid game content for).
>>
File: 4-WMYOG8Z.jpg (127KB, 970x793px) Image search: [Google]
4-WMYOG8Z.jpg
127KB, 970x793px
>>51829537

I had to get the Black Knight. The coolest sculpt they've made so far imo.
>>
>>51828791
the real life chick has bigger tits than the KD model?!? Preposterous!!
>>
>>51827547
So I already filled out my pledge manager and submitted it. Could i still add something to it or is it too late? I'd like to get an extra set of dice

Also I ended up getting the Manhunter expansion mainly because while for the other expansions i want I wouldn't mind paying full price but I don't see myself dropping 70 bucks on Manhunter, is he a fun nemesis though?
>>
And someone was looking for a website that just shows the KD stuff.

http://vibrantlantern.com/lore/ gives an overview of different areas and models they've made, even if it doesn't have everything.
>>
>>51829854
I'm kinda miffed about that as well tbqh.
>>
>>51829861
Sure. I literally just did.

>>51829854
The KD model is a man, so he does indeed have smaller boobs. Red witches having some sexed up men as well is part of the appeal.
>>
>>51829861
boring as fuck monster but good gear, innovations, and other stuff.
>>
>>51829937
That's a guy? I thought there are no guys due to paraiah
>>
>>51829861
Manhunter is like fighting the Undertaker with a gun. It's pretty fun fight with entertaining weakness mechanics. Be sure to make a note on what you want on your tombstone.

His toolbelt is also part of the infamous Acanthus Doctor build.

>>51829937
She is a woman, just chose to forgo some of her femininity. See: Amazons removing a breast or two to fight and/or use bows more effectively.
>>
>>51829861
Manhunter is my favourite nemesis. But I haven't played many games with Slenderman either because I always use Manhunter.

If you have any wrestling fans among your friends Manhunter becomes awesome.
It's similar to if you have thespian inclined people in your group Lion Knight suddenly becomes more fun.

>>51829937
>The KD model is a man
?
>>
>>51830016

what parts of that screenshot come from Manhunter?
>>
>>51829704

It's not for investment... It's simply because I think they look cool and I know for a fact they will be near impossible to get after the kickstarter is over. Where I can buy expansions and shit a little more easily.

And the time from when I'll have Gorm and Weaver are nearly two years apart... Will be nice to have another Node 1
>>
>>51830019
>>51830016
>>51830019
Honestly I heard Tombstone slam and immediately wanted him, on top of the fact that he looks awesome.

>>51829937
Cool I'll have to pick up my extra dice then and possibly Frogdog
>>
>>51830052
I mentioned it: Tool Belt.
>>
>>51829963
>>51830019
>>51830016

It comes from the red witches expansion, isn't one of the red witches, isn't one of the armour sculpts, isn't labelled. Likely one of the 'red cloaks' whatever they are.
>>
File: dontassumehisgender.png (552KB, 618x792px) Image search: [Google]
dontassumehisgender.png
552KB, 618x792px
>>51831474

Na pretty sure he's one of the red witches. He's shown on the front of the expansion with the two females.

You can also see from the original update that the armor from the expansion doesn't really match up with what he's wearing. Not nearly as much skin showing: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/posts/1768889
>>
>>51831812
She, it's a she. The Pariah's lore quite clearly states there are no other male white speakers because of him, and the Red Witches are still very much part of the White speaker cult.
>>
>>51831812
>he
Those hips on the model and its concept art don't lie. That's a female, or I'll eat my scrotum.

See also: pinched waist, thin shoulders, high heels, and nipple-covering modesty strap that you wouldn't be seeing on a male model.
>>
>>51831892
>>51831901

eh either way my point stands that the character shown earlier in the thread is a red witch

Im excited for the expansion but can't justify Pariah along with it.
>>
Any essential expansions?
I was only able to grab a gold lantern but i want to make sure theres nothing else i should grab before i pay shipping.
Which pinup set is best?
>>
File: 1484455773500.jpg (39KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1484455773500.jpg
39KB, 413x395px
>>51832536
Dragon King gets talked about a lot, and for what it's worth the model itself is the main reason I jumped in on the campaign in the first place.

Pond Scum a cute
>>
>>51832536

Gorm and DK are pretty high up there. I wouldn't get pin ups unless you really want to paint them. Don't really add a lot of game content.
>>
>>51832605
>tfw called it the penis dragon.
>painted it white
>pull out my big white penis dragon
>trigger entire group.
>>
>>51832536
You'll likely want at least one early game monster, those would be Gorm, Frogdog and Honeycomb weaver, of which Gorm is known to be good and will get to you faster as it is an old expansion.

It likely also won't hurt to get mid game and late game option as well, of the old expansions Dung Beetle Knight and Dragon King are the most popular of each of those categories respectively.
>>
>>51832536
>Essential
In My Opinion
>1 LY 1 Monster.
Lion is great for a intro monster but he can be boring after a while. Gorm used to fill this spot, but now we have pepefroggo and Weaver.
>1 LY 2 and/or node 3 monster
This could be different now with the 1.5 changes to antelope making it the pinata. Buut I always thought it was nice to have the spider or Gorm for mixing up the early game.
You play the first 5-7 years the most if you're the unlucky type. So it pays to be able to mix it up. Now we'll have a bunch of stuff like Mosquito (cute), Spider, or Nightmare Ram (possibly Node 3) to choose from.
I say and/or node 3 because phoenix can sometimes feel like an asshole and you can't really use saviors on him either. People like flower knight mostly because he gives you op gear, but he's also a good alternative quarry.
>1 Nemesis
When your group starts just sending 4 guys to get butchered or sacrifices dudes to kingsman or whatever it's time to mix it up. Manhunter punishes you if you can't shut him down quickly, so I feels there's more incentive to fight him for example.
>1 Alternate Campaign.
Mixes it up.
This could be Sun or Dragon but Dragon feels cooler (super powered survivors) and the model is goog.
This has all changed again because now you could (theoretically) do late game starts with First Hero+Silver City+Node 3 stuff, or do Gryphon which is having a model overhaul and could have a poopy scoopy campaign so you're risking it but it is an alternative.
We also have the mountain, abyssal and mini campaigns now, and all the shit in campaigns of death. So until we see what all that stuff is about we'll probably be in a pickle trying to puzzle which one has the most value.
consider
>Short BK Campaign, unknown addons needed.
>Short Red Waifu Campaign, Requires(?) Pariah.
>Short Abyssal Wood Witches Campaign, unknown addons needed.

forgive any erroes I am sleep now
>>
>>51832605
>>51833235
>>51833599
Thanks for the recommendations. Im broke as fuck but i'll at least try to grab 2 more nodes.
Can we add to our pledges at anytime as long as the wave isnt passed?
>>
>>51833728
He said he's coming back for money for shipping before each wave, unclear if he'll allow more pledging, but unlikely.
>>
>>51833919
Definitely won't happen, once the orders have been sent off to the factory I'm almost certain you won't be able to buy stuff until retail
>>
Anyone got the pic of the Rainbow-Dash Regeneration Suit someone made?
>>
File: pin_up_concept_art.jpg (268KB, 1534x720px) Image search: [Google]
pin_up_concept_art.jpg
268KB, 1534x720px
DEM HIPS: the game
>>
Haven't seen a clear answer to this besides "u just gotta" but do you absolutely need the 1.5 upgrade for an original copy?
I found some line somewhere that said everything is compatible with everything but thats it.
>>
>>51834827
On a straight rules basis you'll probably be able to get away with it, the problem is the new content has likely been balanced with all the new balance changes in mind, such as the massive nerf to Saviors and the buff to survival of the fittest and the changed antelope encounter. So you might run into situations that either become impossibly difficult or stupidly easy (more likely the latter due to savior jank) because the new content assumes you are playing with the new rules.

Other than that why would you not want the 1.5 update? it's basically its own expansion with the Gold Smoke Knight.
>>
>>51834878
A few reasons. To get it I have to pay 15 bucks more than the KS price.
I already had a Gold smoke and traded it ages ago. Not really an exciting purchase.
I'd rather throw the 75 bucks at more stuff.
>>
I swore I wasn't going to buy more expansions, but I did.

Has anyone tried making a club guy with new club rules? How was it?
>>
>>51834972
Actually come to think of it any node 5 expansions do require the update as they all extend the timeline past the Gold Smoke Knight who already extends the timeline.
Furthermore Ivory Dragon is even more dependent on Gold Smoke Knight as it requires him to make certain armour sets.

For everything else you'll miss out on see pic related.

Why didn't you just get a pledge level with it included though?
>>
>>51835086
Just assumed we could up the pledge at the manager but its not an option.
I'll probably get it.
>>
>Abyssal woods comes with so much stuff
>150
I...
>>
>>51835147
The full abyssal woods package is only 330$
Making it a much cheaper campaign replacement compared to the inverted mountain which comes in at 400$.

Not bad seeing it (off the top of my head) has more monsters to fight than Inverted Mountain.
>>
>>51834307
I for one look forward to the magnificent flank our amazon is going to provide us, as well as new art of her.
>>
>>51828481
It's 2017, get over it Anon.
>>
Is that anon wanting to sell his 1.3 core game minus the minis still around? I'd buy that in a heartbeat for a reasonable price.
>>
Next update never.
>>
>>51837088
Your bait is stale.
>>
>>51837658
Like this game.
>>
Did anyone confirm with poot, to apply the antelope reward upgrades to other quarrys
>>
>>51837796
He didn't say specifics, of course, but did mention about changing things so that people didn't just play L1 farming the entire game
>>
Went whole hog and decided to get the gamers lantern and the pin ups I wanted. pity about the settlement cards in the pinup boxes but hopefully we'll get another crack at them eventually.

Super looking forward to this game, I've got a group of friends that wants to try and possibly make it a regular thing.
>>
>>51838469

Poots mentioned selling the pin up game cards in a separate bundle by themselves but I can't remember what update that was in on Kickstarter.

Should I get Manhunter? I've already got myself down for Lion Knight.
>>
>>51839582
If your not hurting for quarries (especially node 1) you should definitely consider the Manhunter, he's a really fun nemesis.
>>
Has there been any info on what the campaigns of death book actually contains? I think it's a great idea, but I'm hesitant to pledge for it without really knowing much.
>>
>>51840619

We have no specifics, aside from there being an Ancient Butcher model and a bunch of new story events.

It will only contain stuff from currently existing expansions, none of the new stuff. So the more of the old expansions you have, the better and more likely you are to not end up with dead material.

Under other circumstances I'd assume there was an alternate Lion God campaign in there, but Silver City exists sooo....

Or maybe an expanded Bloom People campaign, but Abyssal Woods sooooo....

Maybe a Manhunter campaign? A Slenderman Campaign? People of the Gorm? Obviously an Ancient Butcher whatever campaign for sure, otherwise why include the model?
>>
Getting CoD along with all the other new expansions is pretty lame since I'm going to want to play with all the new shit instead of just repurposing all the old shit
>>
>the filthy little tumblrinas in the ks comments
>>
>>51841059
upboat X1000 i agree
>>
>>51841059

>Red Witches are sexist cause they show a lot of skin and portray a certain type of body image.
>The males in the game are fine though and don't already do the same thing.

God I fucking hate this double standard. Like look at almost all of the male sculpts from the Gamblers Chest. They're INSANELY buff.
>>
Man I've watched the first two Lantern Years played by TheBeastsofWar on Youtube, and I am so excited for this game. I wish I could watch more but I don't want anymore spoilers on the story.

I've put down money for a lot of expansions but I'm wondering how long it will take to get through all of the content. It looks like the base game itself has an insane amount of junk packed into it.

In hindsight I REALLY should of went for a Satan Pledge... Oh well!
>>
>>51841303
>Red witches looks like pinups thats sexist!
>few posts later
>I didnt say sexy was sexist!
>>
Why do the pledge options in the manager keep decreasing. Theres only two super expensive options now. Wtf.
>>
>>51841303
>"I can't tell the difference between a male sexual fantasy and a male power fantasy."
>"I literally have no clue what a sexualized man looks like."
>>
>>51841303
Dear Poots, stop body-shaming me pls
t. sedentary beanpole
>>
File: tbt.gif (3MB, 500x207px) Image search: [Google]
tbt.gif
3MB, 500x207px
>>51841559

I did have a chuckle at the `male power fantasy` bit though.
>>
>>51841559
Well a lot people don't. The male pinups are fag bait. Not sexualised. The standard models are.
>>
So how long do we have to add funds onto the pledge manager? Want to pick a few other things up but would rather wait till I pay rent next month...
>>
How much do you guys think we can expect the abyssal woods to cost when it's no longer at kickstarter price? I've been limiting myself to only current expansions because I don't want to have to pay for something I won't get for potentially well over a year. But if the kickstarter price is 150, I can only imagine what the regular price is going to be.
>>
File: disciple.witch.2.jpg (54KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
disciple.witch.2.jpg
54KB, 400x600px
>>51842481

Honestly I think the $200 MRSP price tag is to low. With how much stuff is in the expansion $250-$300 seems closer.

Just with the amount of minis it comes with is mind boggling.

To put it in perspective Dragon King is $150 MRSP, 50 less than Abyssal Woods. It comes with 6 miniatures total, with one being the large Dragon King.

The Abyssal Woods comes with 22 last time I checked, with one of those being the large Dragon Goblin. And only for $50 more... It just doesn't add up to me.

Another thing to remember was Dragon King in the first kickstarter was only $35 (with an MRSP of $65).

TL:DR If you care about Abyssal Woods and have the money for it (and the required expansions) get it now.
>>
>>51842446
Word is that until 20th March.
>>
File: 1445473840204.gif (1MB, 718x404px) Image search: [Google]
1445473840204.gif
1MB, 718x404px
>>51842727

Oh god I'm going to spend so much money...
>>
>>51842481
Probably 300+ it has as much if not more content than the base box and has a larger monster.
>>
>>51842760

> not having already spent too much money

FOOL! DO YOU HAVE SO LITTLE FAITH IN POOTS?
>>
>>51842720
I'm trying to decide how to divvy things up. I have 50 dollars left from my initial pledge which was going to go to gorm, but I'm teetering on going for one of the new node 1's cause they seem more interesting. I also don't have spidicules...so for spidicules and abyssal woods I'd have to NOT get gorm, and toss in another 150. And then I wouldn't have a node 1. I also wanted to throw another 95 in for dragon king and the hyper light drifter promo...

For reference, I spent 495 initially before the kickstarter ended. Got a black friday gold, so it was 300 for the game and gamblers chest, then the rest was originally planned on going toward gorm, slenderman, flower knight, lion knight, and dung beetle knight. Figured I'd add on for dragon king if we were able to. Now I just want to spend so much more money.
>>
>>51842836

Honestly if I was in your place I wouldn't try to get the Abyssal Woods. Money is better spent getting Gorm/Dragon King.

You'll get to play with them sooner and they're both shown to be amazing expansions.
>>
Kind of wish Poots would open up the basic upgrade pledge.
Paying $80 for a $60 pledge is bullshit.
>>
>>51828350
If you have more faith in persistence, planning, and investment of time than you do in painting skill you could try casting small groupings of flowers on her rear and then making gs copies, touching them up by hand to make sure they look good. Painting them would then be easy and the effect might work. Haven't done it myself though. The rear feels more like a baroque dress's train than a 'cape'

Trailing flowers sprouting behind her would be fun though, if you have a larger base.
>>
File: interest.png (1KB, 43x40px) Image search: [Google]
interest.png
1KB, 43x40px
>>51841396
I've played the first couple of lantern years about 6 times now on TTS. I am ECSTATIC and CANNOT wait for the game to arrive. There is definitely enough content in the base game to last you for a loooong time.
>>
File: wat.jpg (224KB, 722x934px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
224KB, 722x934px
>>51833599
>mosquito
>cute
do people not look at the artwork? she's a fucking bloated maggot with a woman on top.

i love her, and hate mosquito with a passion, but she is anything but cute.
>>
>>51843868
still cute enough for me.
>>
>>51843868
>mosquito
>not cute
You say that to my face motherfucker and I will glass you
>>
>>51840701
I would legit love to see a "rival settlement" campaign happen, Not nessicarily with the bone-eaters even though I really like them as antagonists. but more of "Hey that's my quarry not yours, fuck off, this place isn't big enough for the two of us." with the occasional Send dudes to fuck up your hunt, yadda yadda.
>>
So I don't understand this but Poots is going to give late pledgers an opening.
How will that work will they be able to get low pledges? Currently you can't get any pledge under 1600 dollars in the pm.
Are people that pledged for entry screwed? How is it fair.
>>
>>51845415

It's hard to say until it happens but all of the super cheap pledges are no longer available now so don't think anyone is getting screwed.

I could also see all late pledges having delayed shipping dates for wave 1 & wave 2.
>>
>>51845471
If thats the case how can new people be invited in there are no pledges. Just seems strange.
The limitations on pledging changing seems really arbitary. Just to get people to drop more on the 1st wave add ons.
>>
>>51845603

The only available pledges left in the pledge manager are Gamers and Percival.

So I'm assuming late pledgers have to add money for everything separately which is more expensive than most of the pledges during the kickstarter.

> The limitations on pledging changing seems really arbitary. Just to get people to drop more on the 1st wave add ons.

What do you even mean by this?
>>
>>51840701
WE know CoD has "2 campaigns worth of new story events"

This includes "Boon" events like hands of heat and tells you how to organize them.
>>
>>51841738
>The male pinups are fag bait. Not sexualised
>>
>>51847337
>female pinups are sexist! They appeal to men!
>male pinups are sexist they appeal to wome..oh wait
>>
>>51841738
dae one guy is a lot of people
>>
>>51847393
My lady actually wanted me to get her all the male pin-ups and literally threw money at me to add them in. I think women like the male pin-ups just fine.
>>
I know there isn't much detail on the new expansions but are there any that are generally considered to be solid and/or popular choices?
>>
>>51847675
Well, based on general thoughts

>Abyssal Woods
Tons of models, at least a lvl3/5 node monster, a nemesis and other stuff. Plus an additional campaign (with flower knight and spidicules)

>Frogdog
It's a node 1. If you don't want to be farming lions or Gorms, you'll want this (Or Weaver, but we'll get there.

>Honeycomb Weaver
Has node1. Also node 3. See frogdog though.

>Nightmare Ram
Dungeon Crawling. Who knows if it will be good, but it's certainly a change of pace.

>Oblivion Mosquito
Cute(?) I suppose.

>Pariah/Red Witches
3 Year campaign, it requires both expansions though.

>First Hero
Ever wanted to play more of late game, but you're unlucky or terrible? This fixes that.

>Silver City
Do you own Lion god? If so, you should probably buy this. This will make his chin not the only redeeming factor.
>>
>>51845804
Gamer's instead of Satan's, that's going to be harsh.

For an extra 16 bucks you got so much more value.
>>
>>51847675
>>51847748

And of course, Gambler's Chest is just a steal,
>>
>>51847748
>>51847833
Thanks! I hope pledging opens again at later stages. There's a too much stuff I want to throw into the cart!
>>
>>51848029
Yea. Here I am kicking myself for missing all satan's lanterns, and not going god frogdog when I realized I'd goofed.

Now I'm hoping to do some freelancing and make up the $700 difference to get percival
>>
File: 1449510035472.gif (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1449510035472.gif
3MB, 480x360px
>>51841559
>male
>power
>fantasy
>>
>>51847393
You seem confused, anon. Do you remember what we were talking about?

I'll give you a hint: this started with someone complaining about the non-pinup males.
>>
>>51843398
Should have pledged sooner. You are lucky he opened it at all.
>>
>>51845349
The game is hard enough lol, that sounds like a great way to never make it past the Butcher.
>>
>>51841303
>>51841559
>>51848902
>>51849735

It's pretty easy to tell whether any article of media is a male fantasy or a female fantasy- just ask yourself "Which character am I supposed to project upon?"

Examples:

Conan is a male fantasy, because Conan stories invite you to imagine yourself as Conan, killing sorcerers, stealing treasure, and bedding wenches.

Twilight is a female fantasy, because it invites you to imagine yourself as Bella, having weird semi-Mormon romantic escapades with dreamy monsterboys.

So even when Conan is running around being rugged and sexy with his perfect abs, his stories are still male fantasies because they make us want to BE Conan. (And who wouldn't want to be Conan, seriously?)
>>
>>51843868
>fucking bloated maggot with a woman on top
Cute.
>>
>>51850294

"Now hold the fuck up" you say. "Does that mean every story with a male protagonist is a male fantasy, and vice versa?"

Nah dude. Take the latest Tomb Raider for example. According to the devs, the player is supposed to care ABOUT Lara Croft. They're not supposed to pretend to BE Lara Croft. So is the latest Tomb Raider a female fantasy, just because it has a female lead?

No, because the game doesn't invite you to imagine yourself as the female character. It encourages you to WATCH the female character, and that's a pretty big difference.
>>
>>51850463

So Tomb Raider stars a badass lady, but is it a female fantasy?

Well no, not really, because we're not supposed to FANTASIZE about being the FEMALE in the picture. (Remember, this is something the people who made the game said, not just my conjecture. They said we're supposed to care about Lara, not pretend to be her.)

Here's an example on the flip side. Think of Ryan Gosling. Now thing of a few movies he's done. Chances are, some of them are gonna be female fantasies (the romcoms) and some of them are gonna be male fantasies (Drive, Only God Forgives). Which is which lines up nicely with whether the audience is supposed to be fantasizing about BEING Ryan Gosling or BEING WITH Ryan Gosling. See also: Hugh Jackman, every other male actor.
>>
>>51850569
So when a piece of media features a sexy guy, it's not automatically a female fantasy (and vice versa, women fantasize about being sexy too!)

What matters is the perspective the media invites you to take.
>>
>>51850294
>>51850463
>>51850569
>>51850614

Who hurt you so bad anon? Get out of the internet, get a healthy hobby, find some friends but stop this self debates on a erotic horror game board.
>>
Is the synchronized strike fighting art of 1.5 once per round per survivor or just once per round ?
>>
File: 1486317916758.jpg (56KB, 529x490px) Image search: [Google]
1486317916758.jpg
56KB, 529x490px
>>51842836
Dude just get a payday loan
>>
File: cute mosquito.jpg (105KB, 639x852px) Image search: [Google]
cute mosquito.jpg
105KB, 639x852px
>>51847748
>Cute(?)
>(?)
Heathens.
>>
>>51853276
>tongue literally made for sounding
l-lewd
>>
File: Elricinsinkingcity.jpg (140KB, 549x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Elricinsinkingcity.jpg
140KB, 549x1000px
>>51850294
What is Elric?
>>
Lion God and Silver City or Ivory Dragon?
>>
>>51851441

pls help
>>
Just finished watching the Beasts of War kingdom death playthough, can't get enough. Are there any other good ones that people would recommend?
>>
>>51853461
Ivory Dragon is going to be harder to get down the road.
>>
>>51853642

At the same time, I have less faith in Ivory Dragon.

We know nothing cool about Ivory Dragon, just "Gold Smoke Gear" and "A big huge monster you guys".

Lion God gives us a big tough monster that is huge enough, and Silver City gives us an alternate hunt mode with what looks like a ton of content.

Silver City sounds rad as hell, but poots hasn't given me any reason to care about Ivory Dragon.
>>
>>51853751
The thing about Ivory is he comes at the very end of the campaign, last boss style.

How many times in all your playthroughs have you beaten the watcher.
Now add 10+ years of insta kill events.
>>
>>51853751
Lion God gives us a decent to boring level design with an awful unfun difficult fight with piss for rewards.

At least we already know Ivory Dragon is going to be a BBEG with a bunch of content and great design.

Silver City is cool, but I'm sure you could easily houserule its introduction or final liongod boss with something else.

The "We know lion god sucks ass" is a big contributing factor.
>>
>>51828248
>>51828481
>>51828791

It's just actually a dude.
>>
>>51853349
A cheap Kullervo knockoff?
>>
>>51854033
>The Pariah is the last male white speaker. He violated the vows of the white speaker cult by murdering countless white speakers, unravelling the quivering lobes of their brains, to piece together a forbidden story hidden in the cult's members.

>Once learned, the story bestowed the Pariah with Cyclopean Empathy, a means of communication so deep and personal that it could speak to the core of a person with a single gesture. The Pariah's empathy is so complete that he can manipulate any wounded heart to obey his capricious whims.

>The white speaker cult erased knowledge of the Pariah from all members save for the Red Witches who were tasked with hunting down the Pariah.

>The Pariah is the last male white speaker.
>all members save for the Red Witches

Red Witches are members of the White Speakers, Pariah is the last male White Speaker, therefore that Red Witch isn't male.
>>
>>51854953
>therefore that Red Witch isn't male.
Poots directly confirmed that all three of the Red Witches are female. Even the buff lady. She just did something different with the story that lets them alter their body -- most White Speakers use that story to get super hot, but she said nah fuck that give me MUSCLES.
>>
>>51855368

I thought the explanation was that she never used the Body story, because it would limit her gains. The story gives you an 'ideal' beautiful form, but that form isn't as strong as her current one and she is willing not to be hot to be better at her job.
>>
>>51850294
>"Which character am I supposed to project myself upon?"
Kill yourself.
>>
File: ss+(2017-02-23+at+01.18.21).png (87KB, 576x1695px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-02-23+at+01.18.21).png
87KB, 576x1695px
How did my initial 250 pledge turn out like this? I need to seek professional help.
>>
>>51857677
Embrace it.
>>
>>51827547
YO FUCKERS POST MORE KD IMAGES
>>
>>51858114
Sure.
>>
File: Armors of Death.jpg (7MB, 4692x7742px) Image search: [Google]
Armors of Death.jpg
7MB, 4692x7742px
>>
File: 1372873612088.jpg (147KB, 600x438px) Image search: [Google]
1372873612088.jpg
147KB, 600x438px
>>51858114
>>
>>51858132
>>51858153
>>51858173
GOOD JOB FUCKERS! KEEP GOING
>>
File: handy.jpg (201KB, 639x996px) Image search: [Google]
handy.jpg
201KB, 639x996px
>>51858290
>>
>>51858314
>handy
>huh wonder what that is all about
>i mean she is a semen demon but
>wait
>wait WAT
>WTF THAT HAIRHANDS

WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH THIS CHARACTER!?
>>
File: acute.jpg (105KB, 639x743px) Image search: [Google]
acute.jpg
105KB, 639x743px
>>51858444
LOVE HAND
>>
File: jinkies.jpg (95KB, 638x725px) Image search: [Google]
jinkies.jpg
95KB, 638x725px
>>
File: hourglass.png (652KB, 624x857px) Image search: [Google]
hourglass.png
652KB, 624x857px
>>
>>51857677
I started with an initial pledge of 350 and ended up with the gamers lantern and a few extras.
>>
File: nekkid.jpg (140KB, 616x938px) Image search: [Google]
nekkid.jpg
140KB, 616x938px
>>
>>51859283
Same. I just can't imagine not having the 'most complete' version of the game.
>>
>>51859782
Being a completionist is fine, but this game is going to become very modifiable. Especially with Nodes and CoD.

CoD alone has 3 NEW 30 year campaigns.
+2 new small ones
+rules to make your own
So shit should be pretty interesting.
I'm really looking forward to that xpac, if you have all the old stuff it's probably the best value in the entire KS.
>>
>>51859782
yeah, again just a shame I'm gonna miss out on the pin up cards. that said I have the chance to purchase the Baby and The sword promo event, I actually really like the idea of it. Should I for $40?
>>
>>51860262
I don't think it's worth it. It will undoubtedly be restocked.
>>
File: dyel.png (153KB, 513x514px) Image search: [Google]
dyel.png
153KB, 513x514px
>>
>>51860255
Are those campaign things everyones talking about the 30 years?
>>
After I confirm my pledge/payment, am I able to come back and add additional addons in a week or two?
>>
>>51860992
You can change it as much as you want until they close it, which they're projecting for 3/20.
>>
Screaming God
Or
Mosquito a cute.
Help me decide.
>>
>>51861798
I'd say mosquito as it's an early game expansion so you should see more use from it.

Unless of course you have the First Hero expansion and intend to use it a lot, then Screaming God might be the better choice.
>>
>>51861243
thank you, i want to add another expansion every couple of weeks or so!
>>
File: PuddingAt4AM.png (83KB, 394x1963px) Image search: [Google]
PuddingAt4AM.png
83KB, 394x1963px
>>51857677
I started at $350, now this is my life.
>>
I'm honestly scared to back Abyssal Woods because poots talks about it the same way he talked about Lantern Festival and we all know how that turned out.

Yes it's undeniably a great deal but so was Lantern Festival, and Lantern Festival was lost to the aether.

Poots has learned a lot from the first kickstarter but if you look it realistically he priced Lantern Festival at 45 bucks it came out closer to 150 bucks 3 times value before he scrapped it. He's pricing Abyssal a lot higher at 150 but everyone here projects it's market price to be 300, at the least, double value.

For all you backers that have it what has you so confident this won't be this campaign's Lantern Festival? It does come with more mini's than the base game and almost as much content in general, and is priced MSRP by poots at almost half the value of the base game.
>>
>>51862842

Worst comes to worst you get refunded. If I remember correctly Poots did end up refunding everyone that backed for a Lantern Festival.

...That refund may be 3 years from now though lol
>>
>>51860262

Poots mentioned in one of the various updates that they would be creating a little "Booster Pack" containing all of the game content from the Pin Ups to be sold separately.

I REALLY wish I could remember what update it was from but don't have time/nor the want to search through 50 of those fuckers lol.

On another note think I'm going to cancel my Screaming God/First Hero expansions and get Pariah instead due to having the Red Witches.

The more I think about it (and after playing 2 years on TTS) I feel like I'll get way more mileage out of those items.
>>
>>51862842
Poots' problem with Lantern Festival wasn't price though, it was game design.
I mean just look at the Dragon King expansion, that thing cost a measly 30$ in the original Kickstarter and ended up with a retail price FIVE times that.

And from a game design perspective there's nothing about Abyssal Woods that looks like it will cause much trouble, it's just a campaign replacement and not something that will change the core mechanics of the game like Lantern Festival was going to.
>>
>>51862876
the money's spent and the debt is paid off. i'll take it
>>
So ive done reading and ive discoverd curious things.
1.5 upgrade apparently isn't needed at all for 1.0 owners. Its only really needed if you get Ivory dragon.
Also people say you must get certain expansions like pariah with red witches. Again they are soft synergies.
>>
>>51862917
>Poots' problem with Lantern Festival wasn't price though, it was game design.
This. The problem with Lantern Festival was that it pushed the game outside of the design envelope and into untested waters in a way that turned out to be untenable. Extending the timeline by 20 to 25 years is an extremely tall order, and the only real way to do it properly would be to design an entirely new core box worth of content to keep players involved during that extra time and that was outside of the realm of what was possible to put in that box.

The Abyssal Woods does none of that. The Abyssal Woods is just a large pile of stuff. It has several new quarries / nemeses, which is not novel, a new campaign, which is also not novel, and a new 3 year short campaign which is novel (in that it hadn't been done in the original expansions) but wouldn't be a big deal if it turns out to not work and gets cut. It's just a giant pile of stuff.

If I had to name the expansion most likely to get culled I'd say Silver City, if only because dungeon crawling is a novel element which hasn't been done before and if it doesn't turn out to work then the whole expansion would need to be reworked or scrapped. But I still don't think even Silver City is at risk. Poots has a better idea of what works and what doesn't now than he did before, so I'm confident he has at least a rough prototype of Silver City and he knows the proof of concept works.
>>
>>51863727
>1.5 upgrade apparently isn't needed at all for 1.0 owners. Its only really needed if you get Ivory dragon.
Sure, it's not strictly necessary, but you're an idiot if you have 1.0 and back this KS and don't get the 1.5 upgrade. Adding effectively 10 LYs to the timeline (as there's no reason to not fight the Watcher at LY20 in 1.0) is a huge deal, as well as gaining a new monster and all the balance changes and the new insert and the new, cleaned up rulebook.

>Also people say you must get certain expansions like pariah with red witches. Again they are soft synergies
The Pariah + Red Witch expansions just unlocks a 3-5 year mini-campaign. Not really a big deal if you miss it IMO. The combos I wouldn't miss out on are Gryphon + Red Witch, as you need Gryphon parts to make the armor to wear the red cloaks, and Abyssal Woods + Honeycomb Weaver + Dung Beetle Knight as having more stuff key into that campaign is almost certainly gonna be cool.
>>
>>51863763
>Sure, it's not strictly necessary, but you're an idiot if you have 1.0 and back this KS and don't get the 1.5 upgrade
Why? I keep reading you post this using the word idiot everytime.
Poots has not clearly stated its necessary. Which is a mistake on his part.
Its $80 bucks of nothing for original owners.
Already 1.0 owners are just getting new expansioms so there is a consensus it is not needed.
Thats not even getting into 2.0 will there be yet another upgrade to buy.
The message from Poots is everything is compatible.

Just going to assume you are trolling.
>>
>>51863807
I gave my reasoning nigger. If you're too dumb to even read my post and respond to my points then nobody can help you.

Even if you only get the upgrade ala-carte and pay the full $75 there is nothing in this entire Kickstarter except arguably the Gambler's Chest that is a better buy. It literally increases the gameplay in every single campaign by 50%.

But sure, go on ahead and be an idiot and pass it up.
>>
>>51863807
>The message from Poots is everything is compatible.
Bullshit. Every node 5 monster won't work without the upgrade as they all involve either pushing the GSK back or doing things after the GSK. So no Ivory Dragon, no Screaming God, and no Abyssal Forest. Possibly no Silver City as well depending on how that one plays out. A lack of the upgrade pack will also fuck up Campaigns of Death because the campaigns in it are 30 LY and not 25 LY and therefore end with the GSK.

Pass it up at your own peril. A third of the new expansions won't work properly, many not at all, without the upgrade.
>>
>>51863835
Lol as I thought troll.
>>
>>51863861
GSK is just a repacement for the Watcher.
>>
>>51863861
Poots does literally state on the KS everything is compatible. No where is there a prequisite for 1.5 desu.
>>
File: gold star.jpg (31KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
gold star.jpg
31KB, 500x475px
>>51863875
If you're going to shitpost at least do your research first.

READ THE FUCKING KICKSTARTER

>>51863882
No. No he hasn't. The descriptions of how node 5 monsters states the exact opposite of your claim. But go on ahead and keep making shit up.
>>
>>51863898
It doesnt say on the kickstarter you autistic dumb cunt.
Post proof of your claims from the KS. I'm seeing a whole lot of opinions and no sources.

The upgrade pack just does not seem worth it $80 bucks as an add on and then its own postage tier its like a hundred bucks for redundant stuff.
>>
>>51863941
>>
>>51863946
Link sources backing up what you are saying or kill yourself you subhuman.
>>
>>51863958
You see that button labeled "updates"? CLICK ON IT. START FROM UPDATE #1.

READ THE FUCKING KICKSTARTER.
>>
>>51863961
Mhmm link me the update where it says the 1.5 upgrade is needed for the new expansion.
I'm waiting.
>>
>>51863978
I've already said which expansions need the upgrade and why and even where that information would be found. You are free to go look them up. But you'd rather sit here and say completely uneducated and false shit like "the GSK is just a replacement for the Watcher" and refuse to do any work of your own. And so I will mock you for it.

READ THE FUCKING KICKSTARTER.
>>
>>51863958
It's not our job to read the Kickstarter page for you, but I'm feeling generous today so I'll give you something to start off.

Anyway I can't wait to see you whining in these threads a couple years from now about how you wasted your money on node 5 expansions because you were too much of a lazy cunt to read.
>>
>>51863991
You have said but not posted sources.
>>
>>51863999
Yes he has, source is the update pages now go read them.
>>
>>51863999
That's because the sources are on the kickstarter. The one you should go read now that you know where to find them.

>>
>>51863992
I already fucking said that you autustic scum. Its a prequisite for just ivory dragon. Ivory dragon is optional and poots says it was made to give GSK a point,
>>
>>51864022
>Its a prequisite for just ivory dragon.
And every other node 5 expansion because node 5 expansions involve pushing back the GSK or doing things after the GSK.

Which you would know if you had READ THE FUCKING KICKSTARTER.

>and poots says it was made to give GSK a point,
Do you ever tire of making shit up?
>>
>>51864012
Link.
>>
I'd put money on it it's just fake Ekoi trolling the thread hoping to convince some unwitting idiot to not get the update pack. Nobody can actually be this dense.

Just ignore him guys.
>>
>>51864035
>Do you ever tire of making shit up?
What im saying is literally on the Ivory dragon reveal. From Poots.
>>
>>51864037
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/posts/1747521

Now go read the rest of the updates you cunt.
>>
>>51864055
You know what, I'll fucking humor you.

Provide me a link to that, to Poots actually saying that, along with a quote of his actual words and then I will spoonfeed you everything you want.

Until you can do that, get the fuck out and stop posting.
>>
>>51864055
There says no such thing, you're just making shit up.

The closest thing is it saying that it gives you a chance to use your experience from fighting the GSK to fight a new threat. But that's just a fancy way of saying "now you can have 3 end bosses!".
>>
>>51864079
Here
>>51863992
Read node 5 notes box
>>
>>51864093
It says it gives an avenue for fighting the GSK after the GSK. So its made especially for the GSK.
No other exps requires the GSK.
>>
>>51864097
No, no, no that wont' do at all. I'm going to need you to screencap that, screencap Poots actually saying that he made the Ivory Dragon to "give GSK a point", a reason to exist, or else I can't do anything at all. It must be something in the air, I'm just too fucking retarded to do any reading or put any effort in whatsoever so you're gonna have to shove it in my face before I will recognize anything you're saying sorry.

I hope it's not contagious, the rest of the thread should watch out if so.
>>
>>51864057
Doesn't say its needed. Even the fan guides don't mention GSK.
>>
>>51864112
It says it in the pic.
>>
>>51864158
No no no, you get the fuck out until you can provide a source for Poots making the Ivory Dragon expansion to "give GSK a point".

Get the fuck out and READ THE FUCKING KICKSTARTER.

>>51864169
That's funny, I don't see it in there anywhere. Can you provide a link? A pic? A screenshot? Cause all I see is the approximately same node 5 description that is found in every node 5 expansion! And even that says absolutely nothing about Poots making those expansions to justify GSK's existence.
>>
>>51864106
No it doesn't, it says it gives you another boss to fight after the GSK, who as mentioned here >>51864057 is fought after the watcher.

Likewise it says the Death Chicken is also fought after the GSK and the Screaming God is fought before the GSK but also extends the timeline together with it.
>>
>>51864188
Why would the old expansions be compatible still if the GSK wasnt designed to be compatible with them and thus not required?
>>
>>51864228
Were talking about the new expansions you idiot.

If you're only getting old expansions then no shit is the update not needed, the same is not true for the new expansions.
>>
>>51864264
Thats my point. Why would the unchanged old expansions suddenly require GSK.
>>
>>51864228
And now you've completely left the realm of reality and are just babbling nonsense that doesn't make a lick of sense.

Seriously man, take a step back and look at what you're claiming here. You are claiming that the unplanned expansion was made in order to justify the existence of a part of the upgrade pack to make that upgrade pack worth buying for people who have the 1.0 game. This is literal conspiritard level shit you're putting forward here.

If you don't want to buy the 1.5 upgrade then fuck it it's your loss. But don't go run around saying ridiculous shit like "Its $80 bucks of nothing for original owners." >>51863807 Look at what that 80 bucks of "nothing" gets you:

>A new final boss fight after the Watcher which is needed for the node 5 new expansions.
>10 extra lantern years on every campaign -- the Watcher can be fought from LY20 to LY25, but there's no reason to not fight him at LY20 so everyone does that. The GSK is at LY30. That's another 50% more LYs in every single campaign you play (except People of the Sun / Stars).
>A completely overhauled Hunt Table -- the thing universally considered to be the worst part of the game, hopefully brought up to par with the rest of the game now.
>Several new pieces of gear. New bone club, new oxidized lantern items to gear you up for the GSK fight.
>Some major balance changes. Survival of the Fittest is viable. The Art innovation tree is viable. The Music innovation tree is viable. The Antelope is a worthwhile hunt in terms of rewards and loot.
>Several very nice component upgrades. A hardbound rulebook with cleaned up, better edited rules. A mounted cardboard hunt / settlement board. A new, sturdier insert.
>Two new survivor models, one of which is mighty cute.

If you seriously can look at that list and conclude that none of that is of value then you are a straight out conspiritard. 50% more LY in every campaign. If that does not sound like an amazing upgrade then I maintain you sir are an idiot.
>>
>>51864289
As I said if you are only getting old expansions then you are right, he is useless.

But if you are talking about new expansions then he is necessary. And as it so happens we were talking about Ivory Dragon, Goblin Dragon and Screaming God, which are all new expansions that require GSK.
>>
>>51864310
The timeline goes to node 5 which is Ivory tower. Everything before that is a node which can be an old expansion.
Nothing about GSK at all.
>>
>>51864320
I should add, that by "useless" I mean, "not necessary to make any of the expansions work".

As >>51864310 points out he still comes with plenty of content of his own.
>>
>>51864320
And lion god is node 5 too but where does it say GSK is required?
>>
>>51864337
Sure, whatever you say you complete, blithering retard.

At this point there is no more denying that you are trolling. I tried. I really did. I bit the bait and all you did was toss more out.

Go shitpost elsewhere.
>>
>>51864320
I thought these were their own campaigns. Abyssal forest says it just needs flower knight and spidicules not GSK.
>>
>>51864351
Im not trolling im referring to the timeline.
>>
>>51864348
The Lion God's node has not been published. It is currently speculated to be a node 4 expansion. The defining element of a node 5 expansion is one that pushes the timeline from LY30 to LY35.
>>
>>51864382
Node 5 ashkully.
>>
>>51864378
No, you are absolutely trolling. We have spoonfed you everything and yet you continue to make utterly insane and stupid bullshit. Bullshit like this >>51864385 which is completely unverified speculation.

Go shitpost somewhere else.
>>
SO DO I NEED THE 1.5 UPGRADE OR NOT FOR NEW EXPANSIONS?! Why has poots not addressed this?!!
>>
>>51864396
So your node 4 is speculation too. Is in fact everything you say speculation?
>>
>>51864401
>>51864408
Go shitpost elsewhere.
>>
File: Sieppaa.png (143KB, 638x846px) Image search: [Google]
Sieppaa.png
143KB, 638x846px
>>51864365
Read the node 5 box on the Abyssal woods image and then come back to me.

>>51864337
Read the fucking image.
>>
>>51864415
I came seeking answers but none were found.
>>
>>51864422
There's no saving him. It's just fake Ekoi trolling us, and very successfully at that. Ignore him and move on.
>>
File: Sieppaa3.png (85KB, 512x330px) Image search: [Google]
Sieppaa3.png
85KB, 512x330px
>>51864422
Fuck it might as well add a screenshot for that too.

>>51864425
There all around you, you just have to read.

Or hell go to the Kickstarter comments and ask Poots directly, he usually responds.
>>
>>51864430
At the very least I can give some concrete proof so no one else reading the thread who doesn't know any better isn't deceived.

An unlikely case I know but I figure why not.
>>
So should I get the update pack? its going to cost a hundred bucks! You can get two expansions for that!
>>
>>51864559
liar liar pants on fire, it's 70 at worst and 60 for most.
>>
>>51864680
Its 75+5 for base addon pledge + postage tier.
>>
You guys think Poots would be willing to have some parts or sprues done in clear plastic? I could really go for some instead of recasting in clear resin.
>>
>>51864692
you have to pay those other fees irregardless of weather you get it or not so they don't count towards it's price.

Plus if you weren't a blithering moron you'd at the very least have gotten Silver Lantern.
>>
hi Paul
>>
So, I'm reconsidering my addons.

I've already got the original game (along with, Gorm, DBK, Flower Knight and Slenderman) so I'm just getting the upgrade pack and gambler's chest.

Current expansions I'm getting are: Dragon King, Abyssal Woods (going to pick up Spidercules from the store at some point) and Screaming God.

Now I love the Screaming God model, along with the art for the armour narrative models, but I'm very Node 5 heavy.

Any suggestions for a replacement?
>>
The other thing about 1.5 is its obviously going to have to be available again. How will anyone pre 1.5 be able to play new expansions?
>>
>>51864987
If you're getting abyssal woods then Honeycomb Weaver seems like a reasonable choice, it gives you a node 1 and energizes with Abyssal Woods.
>>
>>51865019
Yeah we already knew that, Anna said everything in the Kickstarter would be available later, no reason the update pack should be an exception.
>>
Another thing whats the point of the upgrade pack wave 1 when new exps are released 2020.
Really makes you think.
>>
>>51865078
The content of the upgrade pack is included by default in all new core games, so why not ship it at the same time?
>>
>>51865078
Also new expansions are 2019.
>>
>tts kdm for the first time with 2 friends
>get through the first showdown and settlement phase
>have a lot of fun
>next weekend
>grind 7 hours straight
>we all look out windows and realize its 8am and we all have work/college in a few hours

I love this game.
>>
>>51865037
I would take what Anna said with a very large grain of salt. We already know she's wrong by Poots' own posts with regards to crossovers being available in retail -- Poots corrected that almost immediately after she made her post. She may be wrong here too. I have a vague recollection of Poots saying that the upgrade pack won't be available at retail, but I couldn't actually tell you where I got that from. Probably one of his earlier comments, sometime around November.
>>
>>51865078
>Another thing whats the point of the upgrade pack wave 1 when new exps are released 2020.
>Really makes you think.
Because it significantly improves the game, fixing the three biggest problems the game has. It's not just some bandaid that enables the new expansions (although it is needed for some).

Of course you'd know that if you had paid any attention whatsoever to this thread, but you'd rather just continue trolling.
>>
>>51864706
What do you think needs to be molded with clear plastic besides the base insert for the Pond Scum pinup?

>>51865078
Required to print the materials for updated core game that releases first, so no point not releasing the core game upgrade kit at the same time.

In addition, it also comes with new content besides the problem-fixing content, including and especially the Gold Smoke Knight.
>>
What's everyone's least desirable new expansion?

Personally I'm not a huge fan of the ivory dragon, or the the mosquito model, however the mosquito minions and armor look interesting
>>
>>51866569
You'll hear this a lot, but Frogdog.

Model has a few neat ideas on it but the pose kills it the most for me and I hope Poots heavily considers a remodel from the resin version instead of a recreation.

Side-vaginas are also kinda tacked-on and boring. Tadpups>Dogpoles
>>
>>51866569
Gryphon, it just feels so vanilla.
>>
>>51866666
I hear you about the Gryphon. I will say one thing for it, though, and that is that it's one of only two node 4 expansions (the other being the Lion God) now that it's been confirmed that the Sunstalker / Dragon King / DBK are node 3.
>>
>>51866666
Poots did say he was going to revise it, so there's that, personally I'm mainly in it for the new campaign
>>
>>51866635
I agree, I feel like the pose could have been a bit more dynamic, the only thing that I like about the model is the face
>>
File: 1487003020560.jpg (48KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1487003020560.jpg
48KB, 657x527px
I wanna buy one of those Fade figs, the preggo girl, to convert into something worthy of respect (40K), how would I go about getting one?
>>
File: 010-Size-Comparison.jpg (108KB, 1024x854px) Image search: [Google]
010-Size-Comparison.jpg
108KB, 1024x854px
>>51866945
If you'r trying to use these for 40k it's not going to work for scale reasons, KD humans are 35mm scale compared to 40k's 28mm scale.

Pic related is a normal KD human next to a Space Marine.
>>
>>51863742

Don't forget that Silver City has a lot, mechanically, in common with the dungeon mechanic of the Nightmare Ram. Something we know has already been playtested to some degree. So Silver City isn't a complete unknown in terms of untested waters.
>>
>>51866945
>preggo girl

Which one? That's my fetish.
>>
>>51867169
This one. Shits sold out though so if you want it you'll have to turn to scalpers.
>>
>>51866945
>something worthy of respect (40K)
>>
>>51850294
Tell that to my stepfather's ex wife who had a massive crush on Conan.
>>
File: usingthatword.png (223KB, 400x345px) Image search: [Google]
usingthatword.png
223KB, 400x345px
>>51866945
>to convert into something worthy of respect (40K)
>something worthy of respect (40K)
>respect
>40k
>>
>>51866524
Lanterns would be nice. Also some characters with, fire, smoke, or possible glow effects. Opacity can be painted in where there are parts that connect.

I do have an idea for the lanterns as a two part but it would add a little extra work in mold design. I might try a casting project for it once I get myself better situated financially just to see if the results would be as nice as I hope.
>>
>>51867243
Jus started base-coating ole Fade. Wondering what I should do with the extra sword she comes with. Might build a survivor build around it.... maybe...
>>
>>51866569
That's a hard one. Pretty much all of them have something cool going for them. I mean, I could cheat and say the Death Armor. Pepe is a pretty lame pitch but has a lot of content. Its thunder was somewhat stolen by Weaver, but still... Mosquito is batshit random but has encounter monsters and an actually neat pitch dwelling in paranoia and the surreal. BK is a limited fight but offers alt campaign and dat lore. I guess Ivory Dragon is a little aneimc (not as good a pitch as Screaming God/Parasite Queen IMO) but it's KDM Satan so you KNOW that Poots is going to put the kind of effort into it that took the DBK from a kind of rubbish start to one of the better old expansions.

There's a lot of things that don't look remarkably great, but I don't think there's a total standout loser. I guess put me down for frogdog 'cause I kind of hate the sculpt.
>>
>>51867839
Not him, but it's entirely possible for a fantasy targeted at one demographic to have appeal to another. Conan doesn't stop being sexy to women just because he's also sexy in a way that men desire to be.
As another example, tons of women think James Bond is hot and love Bond movies. But Bond films are still primarily intended as a fantasy about *being* Bond. It's only the more recent films which feature more pure sexualization of Bond's body for the audience's titillation (Bond coming out of the water in "Casion Royale" springing to mind). But again, the emphasis in Bond stories still tends to be on how cool Bond is, how desirable Bond's adventures are, as opposed to how desirable Bond *himself* is.
Now, as always, it's important to remember that none of these are bad things. Men are just as entitled as women to have fun fantasies about being cool, sexy badasses. The problem tends to arise when you assume that Conan and the babe clutching his leg are the same because they both don't wear clothes.
>>
>>51868764
>The problem tends to arise when you assume that Conan and the babe clutching his leg are the same because they both don't wear clothes.
Valeria was pretty fucking badass in the actual movie.
>>
So red witches is just a spin off mini campaign, that needs another 75+40 dollars for pariah and the gryphon to make work? Seems like the sexiest campaign but that's a lot of dosh

Frogdog and Gorm seem to be the biggest standstill I have for a node 1 monster. I guess I'll get Gorm before Frog. But is there any chance or speculation Frogdog will end up better than gorm
>>
>>51868919
Red witches is a spinoff mini campaign that needs Pariah to work AND a nemesis for main/IM campaigns that may or may not need Gryphon to get the best rewards (Lore-wise Gryphon spittle is involved but we don't know if poots means to keep it contained and he didn't pitch Must Have Gryphon the same way he did Must Have Pariah).

If you're looking for the sexiest campaign, rather than having 2 good looking ladies and one manish one you could get Abyssal Woods for Flower witch, 3 good looking disciples, 1 loli disciple, and 1 dude disciple who wormed his way in to pretend to be the protagonist of a harem anime we can only presume.

>But is there any chance or speculation Frogdog will end up better than gorm
Yes. Big Secret: Gorm's not actually that great, it's just what we've got for a lion replacement. There's a lot of room to improve so frogdog could easily move in if poots gives it enough love.
>>
>>51868267
>Lanterns would be nice. Also some characters with, fire, smoke, or possible glow effects. Opacity can be painted in where there are parts that connect.

The problem with that is that although a lot of inexperienced painters buy KD the products are still very much designed with high skill painters in mind, and for them transparent parts are a detriment when they'd just paint it in themselves anyway.
>>
>>51868221
fucking turbosperg 40k players should be culled
>>
>>51868764
>But again, the emphasis in Bond stories still tends to be on how cool Bond is, how desirable Bond's adventures are, as opposed to how desirable Bond *himself* is.

There isn't really much of a difference between those things though.

Even in general if a male fantasy depicts things men desire and a female fantasy depicts things women desire they will inevitably cross over really hard as one of a (straight) man's biggest desires is to be desired by women.

The reverse apllies surprisingly well also.
>>
If you could only have 4 pinups, what would they be? Alternativley, if you were going to get a pinup collection box, why would it be #4?
>>
>>51869239
Anon, The Butcher from Box 1, Hips4Knot and Swampy
>>
>>51869239
screaming god, butcher, scout and then either the witch or the upside down chick pariah pin up thingy
>>
>>51869022
I'm pretty sure it's 3 chicks and 2 dudes.
>>
>>51869306
Twiggy Witch's chest covering is more similar to that of the female witches than Dude Witch. I know we're normally spoiled with thick, busty womenfolk in Kingdom Death but she's essentially severely malnourished based on her lore.
>>
>>51869022
>>51869022
Thanks for the response. It says you need Flower Knight and Spidicules, but has any information bee revealed on how much dung beetle and honeycomb weaver would be involved in it?

Probably get weaver instead of frogdog or grom anyway
>>
>>51869239
Ram and Rammette seems like the best deal. 2 for 15
>>
>>51869239
Screaming God(dess?)
Death Armor
Pond Scum
Percival
Dragon Goblin F is a close runner up

Not counting the ones I already have as owned, Savior & Twilight Witch replace Percival and Death Armor.

Can't remember how the new pinups were split.
>>
>>51869415
Disciple #4 is cute!

I want to feed her a steady diet of 3,250 calories a day!!!

CUUUUUTE!
>>
File: 1487773397565.jpg (24KB, 288x252px) Image search: [Google]
1487773397565.jpg
24KB, 288x252px
Man KD looks pretty fun but my friends are the type of people who avoid nudity and shit. It's fucking annoying.
>>
>>51869670
>>51869543
>>51869279
>>51869275
I was thinking witch, upside down, black knight armor pin up and dung beatle dancer but I keep pussying out of the extra cost...
>>
>>51869836
dont think bout the cost, thats future anons problem
>>
File: dun_goofed.png (49KB, 539x1222px) Image search: [Google]
dun_goofed.png
49KB, 539x1222px
What do you guys think of my final list?

I may drop First Hero and Screaming God though to be honest.
>>
>>51870150
Depends what you drop them for. Unless you're just dropping them and not picking up anything extra.

It's usually more cost effective to get 2 xpacs instead of 1.

For example you can get moth and Pepe for $100 but the msrp is $180.
Ivory is 100 msrp 150. It looks abut the same size as the dragon box (no extra campaign but other stuff instead) so I figure it'll actually be pretty close to the 150 mark.
>>
>>51870150
drop crossovers bump up to gamers lantern...

and then add the cross overs

seriously though you have a month to find the money and it avoids any difficult choices

cause choices are hard
>>
File: image.jpg (127KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127KB, 1024x768px
>tfw you have both versions of best girl
Feels good
>>
>>51870251

The mosquito looks interesting, the only thing about it that worries me is the figure being unwieldy like Spidicules is. Don't have a lot of interest in Frogdog. The sculpt is just... Why do Frogdog and Gorm have to be so fucking ugly?

>>51870363
Ehhh not interested in ALL of the expansions.
>>
>>51870455
>Thinking necromancer is even a sub par girl.
Trash tastes for trashmen.

>>51870468
>Why do Frogdog and Gorm have to be so fucking ugly?
>You wanted more LY1 quarries?!
>Haha Fuck You!
That's why.
>>
>>51870468

still probably more cost effective to do that and re-sell the ones you dont want
>>
>>51870486
>Trash tastes for trashmen.
I bet you're a Thiefpleb
>>
File: 1486103492101.png (180KB, 546x535px) Image search: [Google]
1486103492101.png
180KB, 546x535px
>>51870762
>dragging Thief into this
That's the last mistake you'll ever make, bucko
>>
I've never heard of this game before, I looked into it but there are some things I don't understand.

1)The main topics of these threads seems to be on the new kickstarter and the old version(1.0) seems to be out of print. If I don't get it through the KS will I be able to get it after?

2) This game seems incredibly segmented because of all the... expansions? If I were to get it, as someone that has never played it before, what should I buy to get the best value?
>>
File: 1484444157676.jpg (347KB, 1680x945px) Image search: [Google]
1484444157676.jpg
347KB, 1680x945px
>>51871075
The purpose of this new kickstarter was to print a fresh run of the core game along with some balancing and quality of life updates. It should be available from their online retail for a while once they've got the Kickstarter copies sent out.

As far as expansions go, I can only postulate since I'm a 1.5 bandwagoner and haven't played yet. But it sounds like early game content is pretty valuable, since your group is going to end up replaying the start of a settlement more often than reaching big final or penultimate boss monsters.

I've also heard that getting a Nemesis-type expansion is a good investment, since Nemesis fights are mandatory events that invade your settlement at specific checkpoints on your timeline and the base game only has two varieties.
>>
File: Gaiseric.jpg (65KB, 401x495px) Image search: [Google]
Gaiseric.jpg
65KB, 401x495px
>>51870455
>tfw when mine hasn't shipped yet.
>>
>>51871075
what the above anon said. The base game is a ton of playable content, but if you want extra an early game xpac (Gorm, Flower Knight, Frogdog), a Nemesis xpac (Lion Knight, Manhunter, Slenderman) or a Campaign Xpac (Dragon King, Sunstalker, Gryphon) are your best bet. the parentheticals are good examples.

again though the base game is fine and dandy, expansions are fun but not necessary. but if you like the game you WILL pay for expacs. there's no escaping it, it's a disease.
>>
Is Lion God worth getting? I am doing add-ons to my pledge and I missed him during the original Kingdom Death kickstarter.
>>
>>51871792
Only if you're buying silver city with it.
>>
File: 1469934817559.png (332KB, 702x743px) Image search: [Google]
1469934817559.png
332KB, 702x743px
Are extra dice really necessary if I've already got a pile of d10s around? I see them being mentioned on people's lists every so often.
>>
>>51871825
>>51871825

Ah.

And is Lonely Tree any good?
>>
>>51871949
Nope, Lonely Tree is widely considered the worst expansion. It's pretty much just the Tree terrain, woman figure, and a hunt event. When it comes up it's an interesting fight, but that's not often.
>>
>>51871948
People are probably getting them for the games unique d6 hit location dice that they come with.
That and KD dice are just really high quality.
>>
>>51871318
>only has two varieties.
Actually it has three (technically five if you count the two end bosses but I wouldn't), but only two of those fights are very interesting if played optimally.
>>
>>51870486
Luckily we have the Honeycomb Weaver to save us from ugly node 1 monsters.
>>
>>51871997

Is it bad from a gameplay stand point or just not worth the money? The Sculpt is so fucking pretty.
>>
>>51872192

Honeycomb Weaver is such insane value. You get A node 1 and a Node 3 (if I remember correctly)

Hopefully the fight is good and the gear is cool.
>>
>>51872380

I have held off on everything but the Gambler's Chest, Black Knight and armors. The mechanics sound cool but I really want to hold off until I've seen the models for the monsters and survivor armors. Gryphon was cool at least..
>>
>>51872367
Lonely Tree's fight is fun, just it doesn't add much to a campaign regarding rewards or events, and you have to stumble upon it during a hunt instead of setting out to hunt it.

It's not bad like the Lion God is, it just costs far more than its gameplay content contributes. At the discounted kickstarter rate, it's a rather fair price for just the models alone.
>>
File: 99129999002_CitadelWoodNEW01.jpg (44KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99129999002_CitadelWoodNEW01.jpg
44KB, 600x620px
>>51872546
>>51871997

So I haven't played the game past 2 Lantern Years yet but I do know that a tree can be a piece of terrain that sometimes gets placed on the board.

Can the Lonely Tree Expansion be used as a proxy for it? I was going to get a Games Workshop tree but would rather spend a little extra money and get actual game content for Kingdom Death.
>>
>>51872820

It can, but doing so puts you in a weird position.

The Pheonix starts off its fight in the tree, and often flies back to it to place it back in the middle of the board. If the tree is a physical piece of plastic terrain, instead of just a flat cardboard tile, that runs into problems.
>>
File: 1480728078392.gif (484KB, 480x324px) Image search: [Google]
1480728078392.gif
484KB, 480x324px
>>51872192
>>51872380
>Weaver expansion looks to be a nice piece of game content
>monster itself is a goddamn penis bee lady whose flesh is honeycombed just enough to visually trigger the old full-body cutaneous itch
Why can't she be tasteful and pretty like Miss Mosquito?
>>
>>51872954

Going to do it then. The tree I posted before is from Gamesworkshop and costs $30 just for the miniatures, and I don't need three trees.

May as well spend another $10 and have actual game content.

And to get around weird placement anytime a figure needs to be in/on the tree you just remove the plastic sculpt while always keeping the cardboard tile down.
>>
>>51872999
>>51872954

Lied, talked myself out of it.

Instead I dropped First Hero and Screaming God as they're unknowns and getting the Sunstalker instead. People say it's a fun quarry and that the campaign is super interesting.
>>
>1x Knight Variant - HQ Warehouse (USA) for $27.00 each
>1x Necromancer Variant - HQ Warehouse (USA) for $27.00 each
>Subtotal : $54.00 USD
>Shipping : $7.75 USD
>Total : $61.75 USD

Caved in and bought some models to practice painting before the main game arrives in 2 years.
>>
File: Sunstalker.jpg (2MB, 2160x5160px) Image search: [Google]
Sunstalker.jpg
2MB, 2160x5160px
>>51873096
People of the Sun is pretty lame.

No nemesis encounters until LY21, then the bossrush of 4 nemesis encounters and final boss in the form of a buffed L3 Sunstalker at LY25.

Losing against ANY nemesis encounters results in a game over, including any you add via expansions.

Twilight Sword and related events are replaced entirely with the vastly inferior Katana mastery events, and the expansion doesn't even come with any katanas in it despite being the most japanese-themed expansion. (Only one craftable katana and one rare gear in core game)

The dragon king offers similar and more, as well as a far more different style of campaign than PotSun offers.

PDF is 10mb and the limit is 8mb, so I can't attach it.
>>
>>51873406

Already getting Dragon King. Check out my Pledge List.

Should I drop it and get something else? Feel like I'm already getting all the best expansions that are currently out.
>>
>>51873389

Id be scared to practice on something rare/expensive (Unless you already know how to paint). Should of grabbed a game like Blood Rage to practice on. A lot of minis with decent detail and if you fuck up it's not anything rare.
>>
File: dun_goofed.png (47KB, 540x1180px) Image search: [Google]
dun_goofed.png
47KB, 540x1180px
>>51873677
>>51873406

Im retarded
>>
>>51873709
Don't worry anon, I know how to paint (W40k and Warmachine ex-player).
Nonetheless I'm a bit nervous and excited because I have never painted this much sexy in a miniature (Don't know how the fuck to paint pantyhose)
>>
>>51873389
>>51873776
I know how you feel. The pinup Warrior of the Sun is an amazing model, but the contours on these scarves are insane and I've never painted skin particularly well.

So I bought two.
>>
>>51873839
Mah nigga. How else are we going to learn and get good? Anyways, please post your progress once you get started.
>>
>>51873839
>So I bought two.
Well done.
>>
How long does it takes for the Online Store to ship?
>>
>>51873889
I'm priming the first one in black tonight. Either I'll have the gumption to keep going after that's done, or it's back to getting Dropfleet ships up to tabletop standard all weekend.
>>
>>51873839
>So I bought two.
a true KDM customer
>>
So Lion God is getting a rework cause he's ass to even bother with at the moment way too difficult with way too little pay off from what I've heard.

Now I have the money to buy his expansion at the KDM store right now and I want him for Silver City and to practice painting the larger models, but if I buy him from the store will the 1.5 core game/Silver City come with his updated rules? Or am I stuck with the garbage old version?
>>
>>51874094
Any changes to Lion God are coming in Silver City. The old expansions through the kickstarter are straight reprints without any changes.
>>
>>51874148
Sweet thanks for the quick info anon looks like I'll nab the big guy now then.
>>
>>51874094
Lion God expansion is not being modified whatsoever. Silver City is an expansion to the LG expansion.
>>
I'll make a new thread after my nap if you anuses are to lazy to do it yourselves
>>
>>51873839
>The pinup Warrior of the Sun is an amazing model
No kidding. IMO it's a strong contender for the best of the pinups. Which is a big part of why I've been terrified of starting mine... I've got a big vision of what I want it to look like but am unsure if I have the skills to execute that vision.
>>
I've got all the models, wasn't somebody looking for some to put into TTS somehow?
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.