[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 55

File: ww.png (653KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
ww.png
653KB, 533x800px
Previous Thread: >>51807355
>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/cough-back-in-hack-the-saddle-cough-cough-again-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
What's the craziest thing you have ever done in game?
>>
File: magefag takes the knot.png (44KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
magefag takes the knot.png
44KB, 200x200px
first for giving mages the knot
>>
>>51821874
FURRED!
>>
>>51821874
>giving

Dream on, rufus. Mages TAKE the knot.
>>
File: 1411016963892.jpg (533KB, 1648x2306px) Image search: [Google]
1411016963892.jpg
533KB, 1648x2306px
>>51821874

You go, bro!

Awoooo!
>>
>>51821938

Nice one... showed him.
>>
V20 questions, lads

Theft of Vitae says it's clearly an overt spell, as blood travels through the air from target to caster.

BUT

if a caster touches their target, is the target automatically aware of what's going on? I've wondered if the ability has any uses at all outside of open, vamp-on-vamp combat?
>>
>>51822052

Don't remind me of this travesty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm-2lCgG6_Q
>>
File: c2935c487ec703372d6e5012173fc3e1.jpg (741KB, 823x1200px) Image search: [Google]
c2935c487ec703372d6e5012173fc3e1.jpg
741KB, 823x1200px
>>51821874
>Implying that isn't my Mage's fetish.
>>
>>51822250
>travesty.

>Implying this movie wasn't amazing
>>
File: 68OcXkx.jpg (29KB, 450x400px) Image search: [Google]
68OcXkx.jpg
29KB, 450x400px
>>51822250
>Implying that 'Only Lovers Left Alive' isn't the most Vampire thing ever made.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPT9EqYBnjU&list=PLd-9sPyjLPb-0mtNq9WyU_2SGTFINaCdA
>>
>>51821614
>WTA
>"furriest RPG"
>when Ironclaw, Jadeclaw, and Albedo all exist
>>
>>51821874
>Implying mages with points in the Life arcana aren't the best at taking meaty hard wolf dick in the ass.
>>
>>51822366

Gee, I sure wish there was a movie-site where I could easily gather some information about this movie and look at what a wide range of people thought and discussed about it easily.
>>
>>51822498

Ok I'll spell it out, I'm fucking PISSED that IMDB removed their message boards. Is there a site that is (not-imdb) that has message boards?
>>
>>51822217
I mean, they're losing blood. They'll feel it.
>>
File: what-resonance.jpg (389KB, 1407x1883px) Image search: [Google]
what-resonance.jpg
389KB, 1407x1883px
I'm trying to figure out what resonance this NPC would have about himself/his magic. If its not clear he uses a portal generator and the lightning calculator merit to murder local politicians.
I'm still trying to get a grasp on the resonance system in general so any advice there is also appreciated.
>>
>>51822374
>when Ironclaw, Jadeclaw, Albedo, and GURPS all exist
Fixed.
>>
>>51822681

Wait, why GURPS, I don't---

>David Pulver

Oh, right.
>>
>>51822681
So is it weird to have a metaplot going on in CofD games so you can have a handy continuity tie for multiple games with the same group of players?
>>
>>51822758

Not really, no. If it's a personal group thing it's not a big deal.
>>
>>51822714
>David Pulver

Doesn't be implicitly mock cat-girls and other furries?
>>
>>51822758
not really, CoD was though with letting players experiment with the stories instead of making them cannon.
>>
>>51822374

>devs so butthurt furries like their game that they defenestration like crazy about it and change Forsaken over it
>'I-i-its totally not a furry game! Y-y-you should like it better now, mr. edgy emofag vampire fan!''
>it did absolutely nothing to pull players from other lines in and only alienated the WtA crowd and said furries who at least will throw money idiotically at anything published

Good job, Skemp, you stupid slag.
>>
>>51823351
It meant that new players interested in playing a werewolf would likely not end up playing with a bunch of furries and dragged into that degenerate lifestyle.
I consider that a win.
>>
Has anyone ever found a .pdf for

Die Stadt, Das Blut, Der Tod: Frankfurt bei Nacht
also known as
The City, The Blood, The Death: Frankfurt by Night

I have never had any luck with it, and i'm curious what's in it since the wikia mentions things like a Thaumaturgy path known as the Power of the Mirror.
>>
>>51821795
>What's the craziest thing you have ever done in game?

Nothing because I've never played WoD before ;_;
>>
File: Samuel Haight.jpg (183KB, 592x1032px) Image search: [Google]
Samuel Haight.jpg
183KB, 592x1032px
What are some of the best examples of terrible metaplot for oWoD?

Don't say Samuel Haight.
>>
>>51823884
Well that's easy, Samuel Hai---
>>
>>51823884

The Consensus. The Technocracy. Arcadia. Queen Ananasa.
>>
>>51823884

When the Union took down an Antediluvian with minimal effort.
>>
>>51822217

Well, I think I can help you out, anon.

Because I got the V20 Dark Ages book in addition to the description-lacking version in the Core Rulebook, and the spell is described in slightly greater detail there:

"This power allows the thaumaturge to force blood from a target up to fifty feet away and draw it into herself as if she had consumed it directly. The blood bursts from the target’s mouth and pores, arcs across the intervening space, and is immediately absorbed by the caster. Mortals can be severely injured by the theft; vampires can be deprived of their vitae. Blood points in excess of what the caster could usually hold are wasted in a splash of blood around her feet."

So, yeah, it'd be pretty fucking obvious, and it's mentioned in the regular Core that it's considered a major Masquerade breach if used in public, which wouldn't be the case if it wasn't a spell that screamed "HEY, SUPERNATURAL STUFF IS HAPPENING OVER HERE!".

The V20 Core version also mentions that you can't be bloodbonded through absorbing blood this way, whereas in the DA version you can be. The DA version also differs in that mortal victims takes one level of lethal damage per success on the roll.
>>
>>51823919

Someone please expand a little on this, I'm curious but know mostly nWoD.
>>
>>51823884

The Mages not steamrolling or lording over the furfags and vamps.
>>
>>51823884
>best examples of terrible metaplot for oWoD?

The entirety of Blood Treachery.

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Blood_Treachery
>>
When you make an Imbued Item with the attainment, what determines how big the 'battery' is? I don't see any sort of system or cost for it.
>>
File: john constantine on magic.jpg (129KB, 868x1230px) Image search: [Google]
john constantine on magic.jpg
129KB, 868x1230px
>Mage: the Ascension
>Order of Hermes mage from House Flambeau who includes fencing and swordplay as a focus in his spell casting.

Stupid idea or does this work? I want to play a Hermetic who isn't your usual limp-wristed nerd. He's still a nerd, but he's the kind who does HEMA and knows what the inside of a gym looks like.
>>
>>51824017
>Union took down an Antediluvian

When did this happen? Could you tell me which book please
>>
>>51823884
Translyvania Chronicles 3, Berlin by Night, Time of Thin Blood.
>>
>>51824048

My beef with Queen Ananasa is that she's the Werespiders TRUE patron, and is like a lesser aspect of the Weaver. But she's totes 'Good' and can fix ALL the problems with the Weaver and the rest of the setting - if only she wasn't imprisoned in Malfeas! The werespiders work tirelessly to rescue her and follow her will as law. She is their sole Totem and blah blah blah.

Basically they get a mary sue goddess who will 'redeem' all of their shitty asshole mistakes and single-handedly save the setting, despite there being a dozen other plot threads on how the Apocalypse will play out and how the other Changing Breeds could pull through and save the day. These are also written to be possible red herrings, but everything about Ananasa has intense writer's bias so she's never written off as being another red herring or possibly deceiving her knock-off vampire wanna be children. Its hard canon she can and will save the day if they could simply release her from her prison.

It really sucks because it tries to pain Ananasi as dindus and takes the potential for averting the Apocalypse out of the PC's hands and into an NPC who has been off screen for tens of thousands of years.
>>
>>51824222
Time of thin blood, I actually just referenced it as being awful. The crunch of the book is actually not bad, but much like Ghouls Fatal Addiction, the fluff is grindindingly stupid.
>>
>>51823623
>tfw the new CofD books will never be released in German
>>
>>51824258
I know i'm fighting against the fluff, but honestly I wouldn't take any of the Fera (or the Garou...) as reliable narrators in the least, most of them seem pretty delusional if you look at their situations from the outside, with the exception of the Ratkin and Rokea.
>>
>>51824346

The Hengeyokai might not be delusional simply because the author wrote the East Asian version of the Umbra as being ~super unique and different~ from the rest of the entire world.. somehow. So their neck of the woods might work differently while everyone else gets fucked because, you know, Asian exoticism and spirituality is superior to baka gaijin weilo, spic and nignog spirit world magic!
>>
>>51824266

Wasn't it the Week of Nightmares?
>>
>>51824346

The Apocalypse is definitely coming and Time of Judgment gave us a ton of ways for it to play out that all tend to follow a similar theme; a tribe will fall, the Perfect Metis will be their salvation or damnation, etc.

But how they can *fix* the problem? Yeah that's probably the really delusional part that no one can agree on.

All of this is still better than 'global warming = Wyrmtide = Apocalypse lol' that Swedecuck Dracula is giving us.
>>
>>51824398
Yes, which was a sort of meta-wide event, it was called the week of nightmares, bug the book that described the Ravnos ante kicking it was Thin Blood.
>>51824423
I agree, but the issue is that the Fera aren't the solution if you take their number, most of them are just the shattered remains of a culture that is just barely limping along, with the exception of the Ratkin who are instead just crazy as fuck and getting worse by the day. I agree that wyrmtide = climate change is idiotic though.
>>51824387
Yeah, the whole of Year of the Lotus is a steaming mess, with the exception of the Devil Tigers.
>>
File: cybervamp 2.png (1010KB, 1310x1042px) Image search: [Google]
cybervamp 2.png
1010KB, 1310x1042px
>>51824398
yes it was the Week of Nightmares, but that is described (for some reason) in the back of Time of the Thin Bloods.
Which, by the way, is a wonderful way to write yourself into a corner.

Anyone have any idea how V20 stuff can talk about paths and rituals of Technomancy for vamps, but for them to be canonically all killed off well before facebook and stuff are even around thanks to the Gehenna material

like, what is their end game here for the upcoming editions, they surely want to go forward but how?
>>
>>51823884

High King David's disappearance and how it pretty much went nowhere.
>>
>>51824700
>Anyone have any idea how V20 stuff can talk about paths and rituals of Technomancy for vamps, but for them to be canonically all killed off well before facebook and stuff are even around thanks to the Gehenna material
Nigga are you fucking retarded?

V20 is metaplot agnostic.
>>
>>51824700
Well they have; Dark ages, Victorian and 'modern'. So all they really have left for more material would be to go back.
>finally i can personally be involved in the Carthage metaplot
>>
>>51824398
>>51824266
>>51824017
So, how would you "fix" the Ravnos metaplot?

>>51824700
>Anyone have any idea how V20 stuff can talk about paths and rituals of Technomancy for vamps, but for them to be canonically all killed off well before facebook and stuff are even around thanks to the Gehenna material
Gehenna was just a gang war and the Apocalypse is global warming. Welcome to nu-oWoD, enjoy your stay.
>>
>>51824017

How does one take down an Antediluvian with "minimal effort"
>>
File: cybervamp 3.png (1015KB, 1310x1045px) Image search: [Google]
cybervamp 3.png
1015KB, 1310x1045px
>>51824837
i want off Mr. Bones wild ride
>>
>>51824837
>how would you fix the Ravnos metaplot

Buff the Antediluvian and throw in Archmages instead of Masters.
>>
>>51824700
>>51824870
Where is this from?
>>
File: 1407887759540.jpg (71KB, 522x692px) Image search: [Google]
1407887759540.jpg
71KB, 522x692px
>>51824837

>So, how would you "fix" the Ravnos metaplot?

Caine.
>>
>>51824946

Looks like World of Future Darkness.
>>
>>51823602
>implying furrys won't just ignore the rules for gauru form

how else am I going to be king of the streets with my pack of mechanic werewolves and win street races by changing to war form and cause the leader to experience lunacy? To show dominance in our territory and winning more by beating a Pure driver in a drag race?
>>
File: 93664572231.jpg (113KB, 500x663px) Image search: [Google]
93664572231.jpg
113KB, 500x663px
>>51824902
Gee, because an Ante stands a better chance against a pissed off super-Dumbledore, right?

>>51824947
That character sheet is out-dated. Here, have the updated one instead.
>>
>>51824837
I would have it be lower key, less striking at the Ante themselves and more about slowly and steadily killing their progeny, a co-ordinated shadow war waged by several groups who have all independently came to the conclusion that Ravnos is waking up.
>>
>>51824848
>How does on take down an Antediluvian with minimal effort

By being a mage
>>
>>51825006

>thinking you can actually get away with shit against God in oWoD

Like it or not, God is the most powerful entity in the whole setting and he can do whatever he likes. Which tends to be being a huge dick.
>>
>>51825037
I'm fairly certain that magefags only care about being stronger than Vampires. God is irrelevant.

Not to mention each gameline has their own version of a supreme being. The Judeo-Christian God is apex only within the bounds of Masquerade.

The "God" of Ascension is apparently this extra-dimensional being that Mages unite with upon achieving actual Ascension.
>>
>>51825074

Nah, God is literally the creator of everything and everyone in oWoD. They may have different names for him, different concepts, but ultimately it's just one guy, so to speak.
>>
>>51825037

Triat > God

>Werewolf supremacy
>>
>>51825098
Sadly, that's just your opinion. The amount of godheads in oWoD is only going to make your brain hurt. It's up to you (the ST) to decide which one is supreme.
>>
>>51825037

God may actually be a Mage, if the canon shard theory stands. It would also validate the unifying aspect of Ascension.
>>
>>51825277
I like thinking God is Fae, not because it makes sense, but because it seems like a more fun way to describe something that rarely impacts the oWoD system
>>
>>51825309
Aren't the Fae living stories?
Isn't the Bible just that, a story?
Fae is Jehovah Almighty.
>>
File: 600full-big-bad-wolf-screenshot.jpg (217KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
600full-big-bad-wolf-screenshot.jpg
217KB, 500x333px
Why does werewolf breeding always come across as rapey or creepy or both? You either fuck an animal, which you will never live down in your group, or you find a human mate. Considering you are trying to put a monster in their belly, you either don't tell them, or things get a little more 'fun'.

It's just, vampires were always the sexual creatures. Werewolves, except with a few exceptions, have never been the sex/rape sort, unless it's just normal sheet time as a human.
>>
>>51825277
It would also validate as to why God is such a douche.
>>
>>51824999

The intense amount of butthurt over Crinos is always funny to me. Frenzy already existed but now they've done Death Rage and it feels far more game-y and unnatural. Gauru having a time limit is also funny because if you even remotely try to stat your character decently its going to last more than long enough to finish a fight.

In general I really dislike its implementation, especially the 2e version. It feels dumb and unnatural, all for the sake of being game-y and trying to 'punish' these supposed 'powergamers' and 'furries'.
>>
>>51825336
>You either fuck an animal, which you will never live down in your group
Lupus exist so it's not that big of a deal. And kinfolk wolves aren't the same as normal wolves.

>you find a human mate. Considering you are trying to put a monster in their belly, you either don't tell them, or things get a little more 'fun'.
Human kinfolk also exist.
>>
>>51825336

Only a damaged woman (also called a feminist) would fuck a werewolf (walking rug) on purpose. Vampires are dead sexy.
>>
>>51825336

They don't even turn into monsters until puberty. They're a relatively normal human until they hit 12-16~ or so and the First Change occurs.

Often times it skips whole generations, too, so you could have distant kinfolk three times removed who's teenager just suddenly becomes a werewolf.
>>
>>51825336

Is that why they call it a Wolf Whistle, or the whole Red Riding Hood stories having sexual connotations, or wolves having that 'lean and hungry look in their eyes' ...
>>
>>51825037
>Like it or not, God is the most powerful entity in the whole setting
>>51825098
>No, God is literally the creator of everything and everyone in oWoD

Get out of here you God-fucking Christian.
>>
>>51825392
>Vampires are dead sexy

Lawn chairs are not sexy, Anon.
>>
>>51825336
Do you not know about human kinfolk my friend?
>>
File: 1462143129304.jpg (355KB, 1261x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1462143129304.jpg
355KB, 1261x1600px
>>51825462

But he's not wrong anon. Demon the Fallen, best game line. My favorite at least.
>>
>>51825533
See>>>>51825074
>>
>>51825533

It's not that anyone is wrong, it's that each gameline has their own supreme being.

This shouldn't be so hard to understand.
>>
>>51825462

>t.fedorafag

Follow the example of your fellow fedoras and support Muslim immigrants.
>>
>>51825533

Demon was a supporter of the shard theory.

I guess God was a Mage after all.
>>
>>51825378
I really just want to play a Fast and the Furious campaign of WtF where I can abuse lunacy against human drivers without the almost complete guarantee of Death Rage, wrecking the team's car, and murdering the guy winning the race.
>>
>>51825533

I love Fallen. I like Descent but it just doesn't have the same.. everything that Fallen has.

Masquerade, Apocalypse and Fallen are the three I would like to see revived with dignity. If I could smoosh the two gamelines together though I would take Awakening, Lost, Vigil and Promethean and replace their owod counterparts (or add in Promethean's case.)
>>
>>51825616

There is that Father's Facet merit if you want to Gauru that way, but yeah, Death Rage is a really annoying mechanic that denies fun or possibility. I prefer the Rage mechanics from WtA being a risk/reward system that could potentially send you spiraling into a frenzy or the Thrall of the Wyrm regardless of if you are in Warform or not.
>>
>>51825614
No it wasn't, God was just simply gone when the Demons got popped from the Abyss. It's why Lucy was implied to have made Hunters.
>>
>>51825624

This. I mean, they don't even really need to change anything. The cracks can still have appeared in the Abyss, it just doesn't get any 'worse' for now, so no Time of Judgement.

I think the 'cutoff' point was premature. Frankly, if they don't eventually relaunch Fallen and keep it faithful to the original, it will effect my long term enjoyment of the 'new' setting. I mean there is nothing stopping me using the above, and including it in my games, but given the multimedia project it would be nice to see some Angelic/Demonic antics outside Supernatural.
>>
>>51825688

>God was just simply gone

This just supports it even more
>>
>>51823919
>the consensus
Ugh, you are just an asshole.
>>
I love how these threads get quiet once the magefags start storming in.

Too afraid to trigger our apparent overlords.
>>
>>51826116
They ruin everything they touch. I mean just look at the metaplot, we can't even touch that mess
>>
What would you guys say is the best game to run for a new GM? A buddy of mine wants to take a swing at GM/STing and asked what game he should run for the group. About three of us, out of six, know anything about WoD and CofD while the other three, including the ST-to-be, know very little.

I was thinking a CofD mortals game since you don't have to deal with all the weird cultural and political stuff that the other WoD and CofD splats come with.
>>
>>51826148

Would the metaplot have worked if Ascension never existed?
>>
>>51826116
I'm busy finishing up dinner and then settling in to do some more writing on Inhuman: Houses of the Blood, my attempt at a vampire RPG. Plus nothing is up that I'm interested in discussing; not a mage fan, not a fan of werewolf when the discussion is 'KNOTS! FURFAGS!' and shit.

>>51826197
The most fun game I ever had in NWoD was a mortals game, starting out as college students and eventually culminating in a zombie apocalypse. Mortals has a lot of mileage and the least investment starting out as well. I'd suggest looking at the Ghost Stories book, as that was our 'intro scenario' (the haunted tree), which worked out well. It also showed how powerful the exploding 10s are, as one of the PCs used a switchblade and exploding tens to one-shot a dog, like opening it up like a fucking purse.
>>
So what's the best werewolf tribe if I want to play a burned out rage filled redneck? My first thougt was a bonegnawer since I like their lore and they have some fun gifts but they have some pretty big drawbacks and it might work better as a Fianna
>>
>>51826396
Red Talons for the 'rage filled' aspect, and being a redneck is less about tribe and more about upbringing.
>>
>>51826415
Can regular wolves be rednecks? I mean, wolf kinfolk, but still.
>>
>>51826626
They wouldn't have the concept of it, I'd say.
>>
>>51821795
>What's the craziest thing you have ever done in game

In an ascension game my hermetic wizard fought agaisnt a fenrir werewolf in a duel. Hand to hand no shapeshifting (but rage) and no magic. And he won.
>>
>>51826626
Now i am picturing a res wolf munching on a banjo thinking thats how you play it
>>
>>51823919
Why the hell do CofDfags always whine about the consensus.
>>
File: 5957826882715.jpg (109KB, 734x555px) Image search: [Google]
5957826882715.jpg
109KB, 734x555px
Need some advice for an upcoming session this Sunday involving high-powered templates.

How would I buff Methuselahs and Antediluvians so they can reliably stand on even terms with Archmages and Oracles?

Could I homebrew an equivalent combatant for Werewolf, perhaps? I want to include all three of the main gamelines.
>>
>>51827065
>Infinity War
>World of Darkness Edition

Have fun with that, Anon.
>>
>>51827038
Probably because it doesn't make any sense whatsoever if you stop to think about it for even a few minutes? Seriously oMage was built on the concept of what if post-modernist solipsism was true? (There's another term for it, but solipsism is what it truly is.) The problem is that post-mdoernist solipsim is nonsensical and incoherent, so anything based on it is going to be nonsensical and incoherent. They should have picked a more solid philosophical basis, like Neo-Platonism or something.
>>
>>51822275
You misspelled waifu
>>
>>51827139
>Probably because it doesn't make any sense whatsoever if you stop to think about it for even a few minutes?
But that's stupid.

Consensus is not the only force in Creation. It's just the most persistent. Other forces include the other splats, for the most part, as well as Umbral spirits, the Triat, 'earthly foundations'/YHWH, and Marauders.

Gravity, for instance, is an earthly foundation, not something that exists because of Consensus. Antigravity magic is always vulgar, even without witnesses. That's why the concept of 'vulgar without witnesses' exists in the first place.
>>
>>51827139

Suuuure because everyone just love the atlantis shit in mage. Everyone.
>>
>>51827663
I like the idea of mages chasing the memory of a lost city they'll never be able to prove. Good thing they toned it down a bit in 2e from 'it definitely existed' to 'okay it might have existed'
>>
Is it just me, or does Mummy do cosmic horror better than Mage? The Abyss is freaky as fuck, but it doesn't give me that sense of dread, powerlessness, and unimportance as some of the stuff in Mummy.
>>
>>51827717

I'm really hoping Mummy 2e leans into that stuff more.
>>
>>51827065
>buffing vampires

Why is everyone so obsessed with catching up to Mage?
>>
Right so Proximi are the descendants of mages long past, families of ancient history and power.

Is it possible to make more recent families?
Still like a couple hundred years old or so but certainly newer than the others.
Also how powerful does the... base mage(?) have to be to make their Proximi family?
>>
>>51827840
Because everyone is all obsessed with doing crossover games, which leave a lot to be desired in making challenges that line up for each member of a mixed-splat party.
>>
Daily reminder that Mages are stronger than God and vampirefags and awoofags are not even worthy of licking our shoes
>>
>>51827932

>Because everyone is all obsessed with doing crossover games

I really don't get this and find it a little disgusting with how much it dilutes the themes of each individual splat for some brainless popcorn flick style mash up. Its not a creature feature ffs.

If you want that go play D&D or some shit.
>>
>>51828103
I am a Wizard in D&D
>>
Powerful Supernal artifact but it is clothing that looks like pic. Would you still wear it?
>>
>>51828129

See? There you go. You are still god and now you have a better designed, more enjoyable system to do it in that is designed to have others play your inferior so you can rub it in their face!
>>
>>51828136

>Nasushit

Nah no thanks.
>>
>>51828103
I agree. It's why I don't run cross-splat stuff. But it seems like everyone and their brother does.
>>
>>51827855
Proximi are made by archmaster level magic, not being descended from mages
>>
>>51828136
Nope wouldn't fit me.
I don't have the cleavage and my package won't fit in that.
>>
Reminder that if White Wolf really put more throught into OWOD then the Mages would have gassed or ruled the Vampires and Werewolves. Maybe use them for spare magic parts.
>>
File: qt thyrsus.png (329KB, 680x660px) Image search: [Google]
qt thyrsus.png
329KB, 680x660px
Who will wake up Thyrsus-chan?
>>
>>51828190
Does she take the knot
>>
>>51828190
Why would I help a Milk sop, lily-livered, mage? All they do is sell you out of the Fair Folk. Nope. She can sleep on, and just to be sure I think I'll go craft a Diamond coffin and burry her in that still asleep.
>>
>>51828203
>TFW she is the knot
>>
>>51828217
maximum overlewd
>>
>>51828156

Its because every group always has at least 1-2 people who want to be something different or who don't like the default splat the ST is running, so they beg or whine to play their thing or the ST bends over backwards like a little bitch and submits to their desires instead of saying 'Hey, if you aren't going to enjoy playing this then you don't have to play. I would rather have people who are enthusiastic about it playing in my game.' or the players in question seeking out a group that IS playing the game they want to play. Or bucking up and running the goddamn thing on another day so everyone gets what they want.

Its all a bunch of shitty compromises that results in a waste of time dead game because Crossover games are destined for failure most of the time.
>>
>>51828203
>>51828230
>>51828217

Thyrsus qt is not for lewd
>>
New Mummy book posted yet?
>>
Supernatural Being/God possesses your virginal body and has relations with several people and creatures. How will I get married now?
>>
>>51827065

Antediluvians don't match up to greater Archmages, they just don't. They never did. They never will.

Balance is a myth.
>>
File: HIGHEST OF FIVES.gif (497KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
HIGHEST OF FIVES.gif
497KB, 500x270px
>>51828233
Exactly.
>>
>>51827717

The Black Huriyah scare the shit out of me.
>>
>>51824017
>>51825034
>this meme for the 89nth time
He was one of the weakest Antes, had just woken up from a coma, sucked his way through half of Bangladesh, fought an entire cairn, an army of Kuei-Jin and three Bodhisattvas, got hit with a spirit nuke, still needed to be finished off with the sun reflected four times, and oh yeah, killing him caused the avatar storm and helped bring about the sixth great maelstrom.

When will mage cucklets learn?
>>
>>51827944
>>51828184
What else should we all be reminded of?
>>
>>51824235
I understand Berlin and ToTB, but why TC3?
>>
>>51828345
>killing him caused the avatar storm
Which eventually awakens the whole earth dooming vampires forever.

When will vampire cucklets learn?
>>
>>51828345

They don't care. It took less than 5 dots to kill an Ante. Their mage boners are hard as diamond.
>>
>>51828386
The fact that killing the ante equivalent of a 5 year old coma patient fucked their shit up that hard shows you that if somebody serious like Absimiliard or Tzimisce woke up they'd be done
>>
>>51828415

Wasn't the Tzimisce one like, becoming a giant living flesh-shaping disease thing beneath NYC?
>>
>>51828432
Yeah, it also died in the most anti-climatic way possible. Even worse than Ravnos.

Not really impressed with the Ante's capabilities in all honesty.
>>
>>51828432
Yes, and he wins in most scenarios that doesn't end up with God intervening against him.
>>
>>51828415
>nuh uhh!!

Typical vampfag logic.
>>
>>51827717
>Mummy do cosmic horror better than Mage? The Abyss is freaky as fuck, but it doesn't give me that sense of dread, powerlessness, and unimportance as some of the stuff in Mummy.

Mummy's are actual slaves to horrible things (and sometimes their own cults), and the splat is designed to only be very culturally limited and active in only very short intervals.

That's not cosmic horror role-playing, rather it's just a tragic splat backstory and character limitation (similar to how all changelings are kidnap and abuse victims).

If you play mummies as designed, it's really limited and limiting, to say nothing of even bigger crossover problems than Mage on bad day.

The beauty of Mage is its setting and options are virtually unlimited, although this can also problem for inexperienced or uncreative ST's and player groups. Mages have no inherent physical limitations, are not hunted hy or enslaved to anyone (Seers partially excepted), have extremely diverse powers and abilities, and can access and interact with virtually every nook and cranny in the overall CofD setting across all gamelines.

Mages can maintain verisimilitude and do everything from battling anti-reality horrors to fighting street punks.
>>
>>51828415
I don't even know how you got to that conclusion. Zapathasura was weakened, sure, but you don't really know anything more than that. It's impossible to measure anything.
>>
https://the-real-seebs.tumblr.com/post/157488999963/this-is-why-we-cant-have-nice-things
Re: More Zac drama responses.
>>
>>51828515

lol Seebs is a faggot who cares
>>
>>51828169
Really?
I thought that they had to be descended from at least one mage... It seems like a lot of the Proximi lines I've found can point to one historical "spooky" figure and claim familial relations with.
Like say Merlin or Seimei.
>>
>>51828432
>Tzimisce is anything, ANYTHING, that has ever tasted Tzimisce blood or has a dot of Vicissitude.

Yeah.
>>
>>51828386
>>51828415

Why were all the Technocratic archmages as well all the Union's vast off-world resources (to say nothing of all Tradition archmasters and resources) suddenly totally and completely missing and unavailable when the antis rose other than "reasons," "metaplot" and "shut up... look squirrel!"
>>
>>51828475
>Yeah, it also died in the most anti-climatic way possible

How did it die?
>>
>>51828592
Very few Archmages give a single fuck when it comes to mother earth. Their goals stretch much too far. At least the Oracles have the decency to visit.

But then, where were the Oracles?

>Metaplot
>>
>>51828138
Why be a god in one setting when I can be a god in all settings?

These vampire fighters make me laugh
>>
>>51826116
I mean everyone who cares enough has always told you your gameline is a steaming pile of ass that's only fun for the losers who wanna steamroll everything.

I just occasionally pop in to see if anyone wants to talk Hunter.
>>
>>51828475
Yeah but he was undergoing the withering at the time.
>>51828603
One scenario fought with Kupala and they killed each other, second he tried to possess every living thing but was undone by Saulot
>>
>>51828550
While at he proximity lines we have an example of usually have some mythic ancestry, it's usually far enough back that it can't easily be proven. Nothing wrong with making it work that way in your games.
>>51828704
Hunter is great for lower level games and an easy segue from standard non splat games. Work
>>
We need a new Blood War

>Mage 1: Hey bro, what do you say we assume some mortal forms and go wipe out all vampires?
>Mage 2: Sounds like a nice way to spend a lazy sunday afternoon

And then they go back to Earth and KILL ALL THE FUCKING VMAPIRES FOREVER FUCK YOU VAMPFAGS FUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOUUUUUU

2 hours later
>Mage 1: Not even half the afternoon is gone
>Mage 2: Wanna play soocer with Caine's head?
>Mage 1: Who the fuck is Caine? But yeah whatever

And then they played soccer
>>
>>51828785

You're getting really bad at this "pretending to be a Mage fan" thing.
>>
>>51828659

>mfw the default Vampire entry in 3.PF has Fighter levels

>meanwhile Liches are always high level Wizards or Clerics

THEY EVEN FAIL AT BEING THE STRONGEST UNDEAD!
>>
>>51824171
Very possible. Alot of Hermetics aren't nerds, see House Tytalus.
>>
>>51828814

Liches were always better than vampires. How the hell is Strahd going to compete against Larloch or Vecna?
>>
>>51828827

He actually has a lot of full caster levels. That's the only reason why he's powerful and feared.
>>
>>51828835

Larloch is a 46th level Wizard.

Vecna is a fucking god.

Strahd at his best was just a powerful necromancer
>>
>>51828827
>>51828835
>>51828814

Speaking of Liches, are there any in WoD? Is there a way to make Liches?
>>
>>51828883
Mages can become liches both In both oWoD and nWoD via different methods.
>>
>>51828915

How about in nwod? Does it actually have some benefits?

I know Tremere fucked up and basically lost all of his Real Magick by going vampire. Does the same thing happen to them?
>>
>>51828941
Tremere Liches in NWoD 1e eat souls to maintain their power and have magic.
>>
>>51828941
It is the opposite for nWoD. The vampires fucked up and birthed the Tremere.

Dave has said some really cool things on how he envisions the Tremere Liches functioning. Their Houses being their version of Legacies, whatnot.

Can't wait,
>>
>>51828103

Or you could get fucked?

Object all you want to the idea on a personal level, but desiring our ejection from the fandom to Generic and Dragons for daring to enjoy a World of Darkness as a larger setting is fucking insulting.

It's not about diluting anything (Seriously? Half the splats can't remain internally consistent enough for there to be anything to dilute), or making a brainless mash up creature feature, but having a world where a Hunter may run into a Mage, and team up to retrieve an artifact from a Cammy Prince. Where a Werewolf might ending up tangling with Beckett.

It's not like they are wholly seperate in the first place. Hunter relies on the existence of the rest to even work. The books call out to eachother more than you would admit. Hell, the video games that have given the franchise some level of broader appeal consider it a setting rather than franchise split into strict splats.

>All my fucking rage at this condescending attitude.
>>
>>51829068

Hunter explicitly says "our vampires are not Kindred, our werewolves are not Forsaken, your players will expect that and you should punish them."
>>
File: 89961223676.jpg (48KB, 605x340px) Image search: [Google]
89961223676.jpg
48KB, 605x340px
>>51829068
>>
>>51829068

>I like to play the game the wrong way and I'm mad at you for seeing it as a failing of the setting and system and refusing to engage with it because of that very logical decision

I hope Crossover Chronicles is actually good, great even, but in owod its a terrible idea and in nwod as it stands crossovers are shaky at best which gives me no reason to pursue or include them in my already limited spare time for fun make-believe games.

Pursue it at your own discretion, but I will not advise others or myself to do so.
>>
File: 1406600662249.jpg (114KB, 640x955px) Image search: [Google]
1406600662249.jpg
114KB, 640x955px
>>51821795
>What's the craziest thing you have ever done in game?
Delivered the Metis child of one of the other werewolves in the game and his lover that he had left not knowing he had gotten her preggers.

I had Medicine and every other werewolf present was freaking out. It's not crazy on a grand scale I suppose, but probably craziest since I don't think people deliver Metis babies in-game on the regular.

Also wishboned another werewolf, for pic related reasons.
>>
File: 114910866.jpg (62KB, 500x526px) Image search: [Google]
114910866.jpg
62KB, 500x526px
>>51828497
It's not just the slavery thing. jakkie provided a good example here, >>51828341

>battling anti-reality horrors
That's part of the problem. One of Mages strengths is its weakness in this instance. They have the tools and knowledge they need to deal with Abyssal incursions. Part of cosmic horrors appeal, at least to me anyway, is the sense of unimportance and powerlessness. It takes a really good Storyteller to instill a sense of powerlessness into a Mage group and it's hard to feel like an ant when you know for a fact that reality is largely ruled by humans and it's possible to reach that level.
>>
>>51829180
>Pursue it at your own discretion, but I will not advise others or myself to do so.

Sure. I just hate it when nofunallowed edgelords get condescending about their precious tone. In the same way, I'm not putting a gun to their heads and insisting every game they run be a crossover.

It would just be nice to be able to talk about it, without some pretentious fuckwits immediately shitting on the concept.
>>
>>51829240

It takes a really good ST and group to not dilute each gameline's themes for the sake of playing pop culture monster anti-hero Superfriends.
>>
>>51829255

Or a group of relative normies who just want Buffy with a more serious and grim tone. That's basically my group.
>>
>>51828785
I know this thread is easy to bait, but this is downright lazy.
>>
>>51828785

>soccer

YOU FUCKING SLAG GET IT RIGHT ITS FOOT BALL YOU FUCKING CUNT FAGGOT NIGGERLOVER CAN'T EVEN DO THIS RIGHT YOU'VE GOT DRACULA'S COCK LODGED SO FAR INTO YOUR MOUTH
>>
>>51829372
I agree with the sentiments expressed in this post.
>>
I love you guys
>>
File: tumblr_ogu5eupcQn1uwn4ipo1_1280.jpg (1011KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ogu5eupcQn1uwn4ipo1_1280.jpg
1011KB, 1080x1920px
>>51829395

We love you too, anon. Vigorously and as a team.
>>
>magefag bait comment
>>
>ignored demonfag post.
>>
> Innocently made vampfag post that will set off a 3-thread shitposting spree.
>>
>>51829372
Americans will stop using the term soccer when everyone else starts calling soccer association football (which soccer is some sort of bastard slang shortening of because fuck saying association football).
>>
>triggered magefag response
>>
>Triggered Aspelpost that completely derails the thread as everyone calls him a cunt
>>
So after several days of attempting to catch the thread while its still in its infancy, I am now saying fuck it and posting this.

I once made a Jojo game. A Jojo game for Chronicles of Darkness. It was a thing. A pretty cool thing if I do say so myself, but only if you wanted to play a Stand User, or if your Hamon Initiate was facing off against vampires only. Rules were janky and there wasn't really good rules for designing Hamon Powers. Plus the powers I made were kinda uninspired anyways.

So over the last few months, along with my sanity shifting into various states of high and low, I managed to start, and recently, finish a second attempt at making a Jojo game. Rules have been cleaned up to an extent, Stands aren't giant XP sinks which make no sense to not pour XP into, Hamon is actually pretty useful now and has benefits other than "You can heal yourself" and power redundancy is cut down a bit, and multiple Hamon Traditions exist, including Sendo, Tibetan Ripple, The Spin and a non cannon one of suicidal russians using crossbows to blow Vampires up in explosions of sunlight. There is also rules/guidelines to making your own Hamon Traditions.

I won't lie and say the editing is top notch or that the layout is pretty, but I think its at least passable for a project written by one person with minimal input from others (TY to the people who did give input and helped me get inspired though. Don't know if you'll actually see this but you know who you are and I'm not sure if you would be comfortable with me calling you out).

So here it is in all of its cheesy glory

Chosen of the Ripple, a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure game for Chronicles of Darkness
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HoCgoLAnK2blvtrin4hFRK32LF2l4VbSZtnA6UxU84w/edit?usp=sharing

Hopefully someone enjoys this and all this work wasn't for nothing.
>>
>still ignored demonfag pleading for a response, in hope of a conversation about the line.
>>
>>51829657
I have shared this to people I know who love JoJo and WoD. They will enjoy.
>>
>>51829701
its already been worth it then
>>
Does anyone know anything about the Philippines in oWoD? Can't seem to find any info.
>>
>>51829725
It's probably in some KotE stuff, most Asian/Phillipines/etc. type areas in there.
>>
>>51829750
Didn't find a mention in KotE core, which was a letdown. It's probably the most western country in the East and insanely WoD as is. Basing my upcoming Mage game there.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-37172002

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/may/23/philippines-cemetery-urban-poor-home
>>
>>51823623
Sadly, DriveThrugh has never found a way to scan the book into an online pdf version (same with the Changeling book, of whom at least parts are going to be in C20), so the chances are bleak
>>
>>51828647
Playing the Games of Divinity over at Exalted
>>
>>51829799
Sunset Empires mentions it during the Victorian Era. Otherwise, there is no info yet
>>
>>51829372
When you start saying "aluminum" and not "aluminium", we'll start saying football. Maybe.

The guy who discovered it wanted it to be aluminum, for the record, but some cunt insisted that it should be "aluminium" and so changed all the published papers to have that instead. But it really is "aluminum". "Ah-loo-mih-nuhm".

Adopt that spelling and pronunciation, and we'll start calling soccer "football".

Maybe.
>>
>>51829657
Cool, I recently started watching Jojo, so this scratches an itch I have.
>>
>>51829657
>>51830500
Would the Pillar Men be Tzimisce?
>>
>>51829657
>>51830500
>>51830618
No. Fuck you all. And fuck JoJo.
I've had 2 D&D games, a nWoD, a CofD, a DH and a FATE game ruined and/or killed by that damn anime.
JoJo fans are the worst.
Fuck off and die.
>>
File: lick lick lick.gif (625KB, 500x237px) Image search: [Google]
lick lick lick.gif
625KB, 500x237px
>>51830847
>>
>>51830900
To be clear, I don't care if you enjoy it. Just stop being worse than furries and /mlp/ about it. And keep it out my damn yard.
>>
>>51829395
The feeling is not mutual, I hate every single one of you faggots
>>
File: lip curl.jpg (57KB, 287x310px) Image search: [Google]
lip curl.jpg
57KB, 287x310px
>>51831128
>>
>>51830918
I don't care if this thread devolves into JoJo memes if it helps break up the monotony of Mage Supremacy shitposting.
>>
>mage supremacy shitpost
>>
>>51831389

mages would kill any stand user
>>
>>51831389
combine the two: shitpost over mage supremacy using JoJo memes
>>
>>51831479
Stands are just manifested Avatars. Dio is a Tremere fag
>>
>>51831497

Stand users are waaaaay weaker and more focused than Mages, even the bullshit that is GRE.
>>
File: 165579-049-A9FC590B.jpg (63KB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
165579-049-A9FC590B.jpg
63KB, 426x240px
>MFW Signs of Sorcery is endlessly in "development" and DaveB still hasn't released the Mage FAQ or promised post-release material on antagonists and legacy conversions
>>
>>51828704
I love to talk Hunter. I like Hunter: The Reckoning over the Vigil, personally.
>>
File: 1408681371307.jpg (595KB, 2524x2424px) Image search: [Google]
1408681371307.jpg
595KB, 2524x2424px
I am going through Changing Breeds and deciding what to keep, cut and revise with their lore. What would you guys actually keep?

For starters, what I had in mind is to drop the Otherkin distinct in its subtext well more like text-text jesus christ Brucatto and remove any idea that they are the 'inner beast within Man' or 'Primal Soul' concept. This clashes with the idea of all the existing shapeshifters in WtF being half-spirit, and because I personally feel like its touching toes with Vampire too much. They do not require a needless distinction from the Uratha in this regard.

Other great spirits existed during Pangaea too besides Wolf, Rat and Spider. Cat is kicking around somewhere possibly. Why not Bear, Boar, Dragon, Lion, etc.

I can't seem to find any material confirming this, but are the shapeshifters presented in War Against the Pure still canon for WtF 2e?
>>
>>51831671
>Changing Breeds and deciding what to keep,

Nothing. The book is an abominations, and its best if we never speak of it again.

>Other great spirits existed during Pangaea too besides Wolf, Rat and Spider.

You *really* need to read the Dark Eras chapter Sundered World. It's the mage/werewolf crossover from a time before before the Sundering developed by DaveB and mostly written by Chris Allen. Chris also released a lot of related non-canon material here and on the OPP forums.
>>
>>51831671
Cut all lore. Like, ALL of it.

I dimly recall that the book about pre-modern settings for various splats mentions the Sun-worshipping bull shapeshifters.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
>>51821795
>Craziest thing you have ever done

>Be me
>Playing Moqhadam Meduzzawobble Quereshi, the most stereotypical Indian ever to Indian
>Ravnos Vampire addicted to gambling. Fun times.
>Me and friend are in Taiwan doing a favor for our local gun supplier
>Finish blowing up a rival's villa and burning the shit out of a rival Vamp
>Our work is done, reinforcements are on their way, our car got blown up
>We need a new way out
>I lay down on the ground
>"Friend! Ride me!"
>"What the fuck?"
>"Climb on top of me! I have a way out of here!"
>"Dude! Gay!"
>"There's no time to explain! RIDE ME!"
>He climbs on my back after a bit of deliberation. I Movement of the Mind myself, still lying stiff as a board, and we fly off

>Flying for a while, getting kind of awkward as he's riding on my back
>I begin doing what is best described as an aerial "The Worm"
>"Mo, what are you doing?"
>"I am a magic carpet ride!"
>"Come on, man."
>"No, you come on! Let's have a little sing-along!"
>"Let's not."
>"Iiiiii can shoooooow you the wooooooorld!"
>"Fuck off!"
>"Tell me, princess! Have you ever RODE AN INDIAN MAN?! A WHOLE NEW-"
>Friend jumps off, takes a fuck-ton of falling damage. Walks home.
>>
>>51829657
But can Stand users defeat Mages? Didn't think so
>>
>>51831713

I liked the Fera from WtA so I want to un-fuck this abortion of a book even if it means rewriting all of it.

I will check out Dark Eras once i'm done taking notes on CB. Thanks!

>>51831721

There's some terms I think that can be carried over, like their use of the Nagual/Nahual from Mesoamerica, though I am a fan of Therianthropy and zoanthropy as potential terms to use.
>>
File: 1478669902655.png (245KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
1478669902655.png
245KB, 595x842px
>>51821874
>Any mage with a single dot in entropy hungers for the knot, both because of their limited scope of power and the invariable faggot tendencies of the players they attract
>>
>>51831831

...it's YOU again

Why do you hate Entropy so much? Did it touch you in a bad place?
>>
>>51831653
Oh thank god another hunterfag. Why do you like reckoning more, since Vigil is generally the more played of the two? Is it the setting? The themes? The mechanics?
>>
>>51831867

>tfw raped by voormas
>>
File: CAYvtq.gif (1006KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
CAYvtq.gif
1006KB, 800x800px
>>51822409
>He still thinks Life magic was stronger in asscension.
>>
File: 1481453100977.png (65KB, 214x217px) Image search: [Google]
1481453100977.png
65KB, 214x217px
>>51831831
>>51831899

>he's replying to hours old posts
>>
File: 1468144662963.jpg (275KB, 900x1625px) Image search: [Google]
1468144662963.jpg
275KB, 900x1625px
>>51825309
>Changeling is the tale of how you got raped by pic related for a thousand years and then escaped to form rape victim groups with other umbreon rape victims.
>>
WEEABOOS GET OUT
>>
File: tumblr_ogthb9zxq51uwn4ipo1_1280.jpg (882KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ogthb9zxq51uwn4ipo1_1280.jpg
882KB, 1080x1920px
>>51829447

Why would you post the muzzle version?
>>
>>51829725
I once set a Vampire game in the Greater Manila Area (the national capital of Manila and numerous adjacent cities) because I have the unfortunate situation of living here.

I remember having a lot of added conflict between the European Kindred and the locally-Embraced ones, who were treated as second class citizens. Binondo Chinatown was Kuei-jin territory, as were large areas outside of the GMA itself.
>>
>when mage players refuse to admit that they only play mage because they just want their mage power fantasy
>>
>>51831896
The main thing is having powers and being 'chosen' by a mysterious force.

Granted there's powers in the Vigil but it's not quite to the same degree. And the powers that one does get do not go quite to the degree that the ones in Reckoning do.

The setting is also pretty cool. I'm not a total OWODfag, but I like the pending apocalypse stuff.

The general scenario where Reckoning hunters get Imbued also seems cool. Like, you're riding the subway and suddenly all of the ads have their writing rearranged so that you see shit like "IT MUST DIE" and "HE DRINKS CHILDREN" and what have you strikes a note to me. It's not as versatile as the Vigil, but for me it's versatile enough.

And the cover, anon. All those flames and spent shotgun casings. Sure there's a huge disparity between the text and the art but man that gets me stoked every time.

hunter.net was also a pretty cool conceit and I liked how it conveyed flavour and showed division within the Imbued camps. You could have the Zealfags calling the Mercyfags little bitches and whatnot.
>>
>>51832077
It's all a power fantasy. Personally, I like mages because astral realms is my favorite blue book
>>
>>51831988

Because she's the pet, and she fucking bites. Duh.
>>
File: when the shrooms hit.jpg (119KB, 753x492px) Image search: [Google]
when the shrooms hit.jpg
119KB, 753x492px
>>51832077
I like mage because classic Dr Strange was the tits.
>>
>>51831896
>>51832167

I-I'm here too, p-please notice me.

For me, I prefer Reckoning for various reasons. First and foremost, the oWoD metaplot, setting and characters are my entire reason for being part of the fandom. So any book in the oWoD library naturally interests me more than a CofD equivalent.

However, specific reasons are I like how you can tie it into Demon/Time of Judgement, and basically be modern day Judges chosen by God/Angels/Heaven. I like HunterNet, and all the chatter through the book/s. I also like that a friend sold me the core and several books for less than the rather disappointing quality edition cost me on DriveThru.

>Has anyone/is there a back up of the old HunterNet? I would love to read that shit. Would keep me interested forever.
>>
>>51832167
>>51832266

I prefer Vigil mainly for the system and that your characters are pure human, no powers at all, I run cell level games only because I'm not crazy about the compacts and conspiracies. And I'll concede I tend to run Vigil rules in oWoD whenever I'm not being setting agnositic.

My complaint with Reckoning is you gotta give characters some freebies so they actually feel like what the imbued are supposed to be, certainly still weaker, but their powers make up for the power gap just enough.

Also Hunter.net is the shit, totally have something equivalent in any game I play, Vigil or Reckoning.

Either of you anons have any fun stories of your hunts?
>>
>>51832623

To be fair, you can totally play normal human Hunters with Reckoning without them being imbued.

I actually prefer to have it come after already having brushes with the supernatural and surviving, and proving their worth, if it comes at all. Depends on the game type. I like the whole Buffy/'chosen champion' feel of the Imbued, but I do also like the sheep with a crossbow feel of being a normal mortal who has seen some shit too.
>>
>>51832623
>Also Hunter.net is the shit,
I figured that The Union website and Network Zero have something similar
>>
>>51832672
True. Isn't that what Hunters Hunted was for, though?

>>51832937
True, but I like that Hunter.net is universal. Means you'll get all kinds of hunters' opinions.
>>
I've started 'We eat blood', and honestly it's alright, I'm having quite a good time.
I'm reading it on my phone in the bus to work though, it must be less immersive on a computer.
>>
>>51832167
This so much. I loved the 'they lives' thing they did with HtR. You're strolling down the street, and while you look at some bloke, the neon signs goes "IT FEEDS ON THE INNOCENT". Loved it.
>>
<<UPDATE TO VERSION 1.7>>

Just a small update this time, finally finished the Clavicularius which a player of mine wants to play. Uncertain if he'll be happy with my interpretation, but here's what I've got anyway.

No suprise here, but I kinda like what I've written.
Written as a Mind-Primary Legacy for Mastigos, with Spirit Secondary. I'm uncertain if that's how DaveB would write it, but honestly I think I'm fine with that. The way the Clavs fit into 2e is hazy at best, given the changes to Goetia making them their own distinct kind of Ephemeral Entity with their own rules.

First Attainment is nothing to write home about.
Second Attainment is Emotional Urging after a scene's worth of conversation, and using Compelling to force people to act in concert with their emotions by getting the slumbering Spirit of that emotion inside them to force them into action.

Their Third attainment, Goetic Bulkwark is one I think some people might feel strongly about.
Basically it's Mind Shield, but also changed so that your own mental flaws and vice are considered to be Goetia attempting to influence your mind, granting you a Clash of Wills to get the benefits of having fufilled that Vice/Flaw without actually having to follow through, where if you fail you're compelled to follow through (the classic Goetic Struggle spell).

Their fourth lets then forge a weak fetish out of a Rank 1-2 Goetia, so you can turn your fear of something, lust for someone, or whatever you like into a tool to use for your own personal benefit. No limit on the number of these fetishes you can have due to their nature as Attainments, you can make as many as you have aspects of your personality you're happy to excise.

And their fifth lets them create an infinite supply of Rank 1 Goetia, and then grant them all persistent (well, one-year duration) manifestations. So you can quite literally be followed around by a small swarm of simpering, pathetically loyal demons of your own design.
>>
>>51833470

Am I allowed to suck your dick for doing this?
>>
>>51833308
Yeah that's probably the coolest way of doing it.
>>
>>51833295
Its not the immersion thats the problem. You'll find it eventually.
>>
>>51833735
I've played it extensively without problems, thanks for your concern !
>>
The fact we have to share this general with the lesser splats makes me sick
>>
>>51831653
What would you guys say are the most "Hunter" weapons? Personally I'd say shotguns, axes, and crossbows, though I'm not sure why.

Probably due to the rugged and practical nature of those weapons, something usually associated with hunters.
>>
File: 1478689631684.jpg (114KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1478689631684.jpg
114KB, 640x640px
>>51831926
>he's walking away thinking the thread has been archived
>>
File: I could tell.jpg (17KB, 368x294px) Image search: [Google]
I could tell.jpg
17KB, 368x294px
>>51831926
>Pls don't own me anon I'm a shitty entropy mage

>file name
>>
File: gbdIRg.jpg (35KB, 453x379px) Image search: [Google]
gbdIRg.jpg
35KB, 453x379px
>>51831867
>Implying that cock of a sphere could even make itself a nuisance.
>>
File: 1477766526931.png (395KB, 556x579px) Image search: [Google]
1477766526931.png
395KB, 556x579px
>>51832077
>hey nerds we're going to play tax simulator
>no anon
>Then I guess you're fine with playing werewolf with me
>...Give me the W-2s
>>
>>51833904
I love redpilled Hugh.
>>
File: 1479877650656.jpg (38KB, 742x754px) Image search: [Google]
1479877650656.jpg
38KB, 742x754px
>>51831671
Keep it all anon. Changing Breeds was the only entertaining thing out of Furry: The Yiff

>Rules for creating Were Jelly
>Elephant smashums man
>Spider man with the power to live as long as a spider

Just bump their healing to match a Uretha's and you'll be golden onii chan.
>>
>>51833797
Shotguns because they need less skill than a gun, Axes because they're more common (fire axe, hatchet for wood), crossbows because they're iconic. Agreed.
>>
>>51833770
>The fact we have to share this general with the lesser splats makes me sick

True, but at least they're not filthy sleeper monkeys.
>>
File: 1468977262277.jpg (48KB, 242x206px) Image search: [Google]
1468977262277.jpg
48KB, 242x206px
>>51831653
>reckoning
Hunters shouldn't have magical powers.

>There's the knotter, lemme use my human magic first
>Um boss, cast? wtf
>Squad leader drops gun and does naruto spell gestures
>That guy in your group that always plays some Harley Quinn knock off sneaks up from behind Mr Genjitsu Power Hour and coup de grace's with an aimed shot to the corpus collosum
>Like tears in the rain, scoob

If they did it would give their cell a reason to shoot them in the back of the head.
>>
>>51834038
Apple?
>>
>>51834041
I'm not sure I agree 100% after all rare abilities like pyrokenesis and biokenesis would be helpful enough to mark the person as under watch but still mostly human. After all they aren't a mage, they aren't using mage ability, they are using human ability.

And if a hunter tradition found a way to tap into natural human energy, control it's flow, to allow humans to do amazing things while still being humans I think that would draw suspicion but not an insta blam.
>>
>>51834065
Pineapple
>>
>>51827717
It's not hard to do Cosmic Horror than Mage. Heck, Mage is probably the shittiest when it comes to attempting to implement horror, simply because the only thing that'll scare a Mage is another Mage or if they fucked soemthign up horrifically themselves.
>>
File: DhOPpA.jpg (83KB, 708x708px) Image search: [Google]
DhOPpA.jpg
83KB, 708x708px
>>51828883
>Be matter mage
>Body is now animate metal
>Cells don't break down anymore
>Knotters can't hurt you because you add silver alloy to your form whenever its a yiff scene
>Fangbangers can't hurt you because you're living titanium
>Entropy mages can't hurt you because they're entropy mages
>>
>>51834146
Here I happen to have some right here. Try a sample. It's organic, and locally sourced. $4.50, but that's a low price for this quality. Here try the free sample and you will see.
>>
>>51834065
>>51834146

Banana.

No, papaya!
>>
>>51834180

Only if it's from small woke local shop

>M20 Culinary Advice
>>
>>51834041
I'm iffy on magical hunters being insta-blam worthy. Suspicion is warranted sure. But killing someone who's fought along side you before because he's got a weird power? I'm not convinced. Vigil has rules for hedge wizard hunters through the gifted merit in Witch Finders.

Though complex hand gestures are dumb I'll admit.
>>
>>51834163
And yet a Changeling can still kill you. With a piece of fruit. Because you still need to eat, and you still need to breathe.
>>
File: 91267376275.gif (497KB, 500x319px) Image search: [Google]
91267376275.gif
497KB, 500x319px
>>51834180

But I'm a Thyrsus
>>
>>51834231

You just happened to have that gif ready for a magical fruit discussion?
>>
>>51834221
>Because you still need to eat, and you still need to breathe

Not when you got Life !!!
>>
>>51834236

A Mage should always be prepared
>>
>>51834231
And? It's just a free sample of some excellent pineapple. Look at it with your mage sight and you will agree this is a very fine pineapple.
>>
>>51834238
That will only save you if you DON'T eat the apple the Changeling prepared for you in the first place. Magic requires that you be conscious to use it not in a deep eternal slumber until awakened by true love's kiss.
>>
>>51834275
>>51834258

You are a very resilient pineapple salesman

I am almost tempted
>>
>>51834291
Oh why thank you. I pride myself on doing a good job, and I sell all manner of fruit from local greenhouses all fresh and Organic. My produce is guaranteed to be sweet, fresh and healthy.
>>
>>51834203

Brucato loves his food
>>
>>51834321
There's nothing suspicious about this at all
>>
File: 1435359059781.jpg (48KB, 720x628px) Image search: [Google]
1435359059781.jpg
48KB, 720x628px
>>51834104
To me, Hunter is the average pic related guy who knows what's going and and he has a plan. Basically a beta uprising against his magical betters. And so long as everything goes according to plan, he won the encounter.

Now you may like Pyrokinetics because of Hellboy's Flame Girl but the Hunter who plans can set any structure on fire with diesel and molotovs. He can create a kill room. He can even make posters [that is if poster manip is a deal breaker for ya] and hang them up where the encounter will be.

As for self healing I liked that Cheiron doing body mods to help a Hunter hit and run. The powers should be a result of surgical engineering or some kind of cursed item which wrecks his soul. But being as proficient as a life mage takes away the human body's limitations. Just run back to your bungaloo and patch up for a few weeks.

Outside of that as with the seventh son of a seventh son attainments that's crossing into instant blam territory.
>>
File: 1481919177667.jpg (106KB, 724x717px) Image search: [Google]
1481919177667.jpg
106KB, 724x717px
>>51834221
>You still need to eat
>and breath
>Nigga must think I'm an entropy mage

But please tell me how the fruit vendor is the most sinister combatant in WoD

>I've been raped by pokemon for a millennia, you stand no chance
>one knot later
>Ahhh mr. wolf I concede I'll be your slave nooooAAAAAUUUGHGHGGHGGHG IT SOUNDS LIKE RIPPING VELCRO
>>
>>51834329
Why would there be anything suspicious about a fruit vendor at a farmers market?
>>
>>51834374
Oh no Werewolves are a different matter, all together. Werewolves you kill by crucifying them with hedgespun silver.
>>
File: 1441426409029.jpg (474KB, 1619x1725px) Image search: [Google]
1441426409029.jpg
474KB, 1619x1725px
>>51834275
Pretty sure any mage with 1 dot in his arcana can see magical resonance. And then you're on your way to pound town.

Especially a life mage in a world of magical assassins.

Pic related, watermelon are immune to deceit.
>>
Where the fuck did this weeaboo magefag come from

It's not like the magefags can evolve, right?

Right, guys?
>>
>>51834402
Not so much, no. You see the over pricing of the fruit, and claims about how it's much better than the other fruit hide the subtle symbols of the sleeping curse under other symbols. And a life mage wouldn't stand a chance of seeing it only how good the fruit actually is. They might see though that this vendor has a broad definition of Local. But that would back up the other statements.
>>
File: 1480781515989.jpg (36KB, 550x365px) Image search: [Google]
1480781515989.jpg
36KB, 550x365px
>>51834180
>4 and a half buckaroos per apple

That's where your clever ruse makes you the victim of a hate crime, Mr. Merchant.
>>
>>51834427
And this entire notion is relaint upon the idea that any Life mage worth their salt isn't growing their own food anyway.

I mena, what kind of cabal doesn't have it's own private farm set up to ensure that they aren't being poisoned by rival amges.
>>
>>51834396
Or spinning up an unbreakable delicate silver chain only as long as their arm, loop it over their neck and leave them chained up in a pit without help till Ragnarock.
>>
>>51834427
There's an entire Practice dedicated to seeing through what should not normally be seen.

Fairy shit is no exception!
>>
>>51834439
That's 4 and a half Buckaroos for a Pineapple, in the winter.
>>
File: 1480921563232.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1480921563232.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>51834427
Where is the mechanical justification for this Timothy Leary level fruit pitch?

Pretty sure life mages just don't eat at all via Body modification.
>>
>>51834466
What should not normally be seen is that I'm selling you a conventional Pineapple as an Organic one (Conventional Pineapples sell for 3.99, organic for 5.99 on a national average.) I already prepared for that.
>>
>>51834490

Not having to eat, drink or sleep is one of the many blatant and canon things a Thyrsus/Life Mage can do.
>>
>>51834490
Not eating though is missing out on many good things in life. What good is your near immortality if it is devoid of pleasures. That is just sad and pathetic. A shallow existence that begs to be snuffed out. Though I won't have to do it, you'll simply commit suicide after a while because your life will have lost all meaning and color, and ending it will be preferable to your continued bland existence.
>>
File: 1480210736073.jpg (27KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
1480210736073.jpg
27KB, 480x300px
>>51834470
Life mages grow their own food. It's as simple as turning mold spores into plants. They'd never buy your california priced apples, pine or otherwise, in a land with rival life mages.

Life mages who can actually hide resonance and make apples appear normal, unlike fairy kumquats which shine with a neon green light of fae poison.
>>
File: Dale3.gif (603KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Dale3.gif
603KB, 320x240px
>>51834345
You've convinced me, if I ever get into a Hunter game I'm going to base my character on Dale Gribble.
>>
>>51834547
Well it still works on all the paths that come before T.
>>
File: 1466844605311.jpg (50KB, 433x469px) Image search: [Google]
1466844605311.jpg
50KB, 433x469px
>>51834503
Anon did you respond to the wrong life mage?
>>
>>51834503
Ahh Not eating or sleeping at all.
So they go into depression within 6 months from lack of endorphins, and their int starts plummeting and they enter into a state similar drunken stupor after 24 hours. After 72 hours they go bat shit crazy and likely end up killing themselves. Great!

Just remember kids, just because you can make those spells permeant doesn't mean you should.
>>
File: 1466769011003.gif (965KB, 317x360px) Image search: [Google]
1466769011003.gif
965KB, 317x360px
>>51834564
>especially Entropy

I hear ya.
>>
>>51834596
>even more stuff a Life Mage can do without
>>
>>51834611

STOP PICKING ON MY FAVORITE SPHERE
>>
>>51834427
>claims about how it's much better than the other fruit hide the subtle symbols of the sleeping curse under other symbols. And a life mage wouldn't stand a chance of seeing it only how good the fruit actually is.

>*cough* Mage Sight *cough*

I think I'll east some fruit that doesn't set off the fae-dar.
>>
File: 1478990694393.jpg (60KB, 402x402px) Image search: [Google]
1478990694393.jpg
60KB, 402x402px
>>51834596
Thyrsus monitor their hormone levels like a hawk and would correct any imbalance [these are the guys who can instant read a wild animal's hormones and manipulating them into defending someone or fleeing or fighting or giving birth or hibernating, AND PACIFYING] any other living being and you'd be correct.

>But not this time.
>>
>>51834345
Yeah being a purist makes sense, the Hunter I'm currently playing isn't the type to instantly blam someone with supernatural abilities, but never fully trusts them even if they're an ardent member of the cell.

>>51834550
This is actually a good idea. Have pocket silver.
>>
>>51834596
>So they go into depression within 6 months from lack of endorphins, and their int starts plummeting and they enter into a state similar drunken stupor after 24 hours. After 72 hours they go bat shit crazy and likely end up killing themselves. Great!
Their spell gives them all the effects of a full night's sleep. No lack of endorphins for Thyrsus.
>>
>>51834694

>Endorphin Supremacy
>>
>>51834640
That was accounting for mage sight which shows you the surface symbols involved in something you would need to make a focused magesight roll, in order to pick up on the fairy curse due to it being hidden under the other stuff. But since it has nothing to do with the Life Arcanium, or Spirit Arcanium it would be invisible to a Thyrus who's other arcanum in their mage sight are clouded by Life and Spirit so even their prime sense says more about the life of the magic than what the magic is. And that is only if they bother to go deeper, and use focused mage sight at all.
>>
>>51834720
>>
>>51834694
You get Endorphins from eating (the pleasure there of)... not sleeping.
>>
We play VtM, chase some Hunters that gave us trouble to a forest
> wild Lupine appears
> our Tremere turns on Alacrity runs away to our car screaming in fear
> we cannot outrun the best
>realize we probably won't have car to tun to anyway, cause the bastard would drive out without us
> no silver on us too
> we stand and fight anyways
> get our asses handled to us, one in Torpor, other two immobilized and low on blood
> Tremere drives in, firing an SMG full-auto into a beast.
> No damage, no surprise here, the fucker is nigh-indestructible
> Lupine FUCKING EXPLODES
>Tremere get out of car singing "It's a kind of magic" smug as all hell
Turns out he used a ritual to squeeze blood into small object on bullets in his SMG, used the shitiest blood he could get in bulk (cow blood from the cosher slaughterhouse), cause the ritual can only take one point of blood per focus, but 1 point of shitty blood is like 2-3 liters (while 1 point of human blood is 0.3 liters). So he filled werewolf with 60 "blood bullets" and then unmade his magic, instantly truing them into 120 liters of blood which frankly take more space than the Werewolf itself, and explode him violently.
>>
>>51828136
Yes and I would change myself to look like pic related to fill it out
>>
File: 4Bb8Ln.png (568KB, 852x880px) Image search: [Google]
4Bb8Ln.png
568KB, 852x880px
>>51834721
read
>>51836150
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.