[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/svg/ Savage Worlds General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1487536808697.jpg (12KB, 306x165px) Image search: [Google]
1487536808697.jpg
12KB, 306x165px
"We tried" Edition

>Savage Worlds Troves
https://mega.nz/#F!mo9nibSC!YIhv5nyoPb2dmY6-scZLgg
https://mega.nz/#F!axkmmbKT!NKiex_659PAGOlaKBbukFA!HsMXyBDa

>Savagepedia
https://savagepedia.wikispaces.com/

Current topic: Which SW splats do certain mechanics better than SW itself, and why?
>>
Interface Zero does hacking a bit better than the more simplified version in the Science Fiction Companion. Actually I think it's one of the most fun hacking mechanics in a game I've ever seen, which is a big fucking problem in RPGs.

I'm looking at you, SHADOWWALK.
>>
>>51819111
Iron Dynasty has the best rules for dueling, and just some of the best edge selection I've seen from any splat.

Also homebrew explosions to cap at exploding once. My players complained it was boring but after I stopped one-shotting them with goblins and we started having games last longer and longer, they're starting to like it. I also don't need to throw absurd toughness creatures at the party anymore and can actually estimate what my players can and can't handle, making it easier to throw enemies on them at the fly. This is for everything, not just Interface Zero.

Also I homebrew cutting every edge that gives a +2 bonus into two edges that give +1 each. Charisma, attack bonuses, professional edges. Savage Worlds runs smoothly the more you make it low number.
>>
>>51821176
Could you elaborate more on "best edge selection" for Iron Dynasty? I've always been curious about the game but kinda forgot about it.
>>
>>51821344
It's got a good tree for martial arts advancement that works more smoothly than the brawler edge and two martial artist edges in core. With signature moves and it's other derivatives make it easier to specialize in different weapons and scale a weapon up to better performance through skill and not just better gear. It also has good edges in things like takedown for CQC style tripping, and the absolute defense/arrow cutter edges that give melee characters an edge in ranged situations (In high action games I allow it to work against bullets) though some of the edges in iron dynasty I also chop up because of bonuses.

That and there are plenty of flavorful edges that are good for the setting itself, like the yakuza tattoo edges and the ki control edges.

It's gear is also something I use in other settings, namely the shuriken and flash/smoke bombs, along with some of the eastern weapons. The armor system is good too.
>>
>>51819111

So I'll reiterate my question from the last thread: anyone here have the official Horror supplement and wanna fill me in on it? What exactly does it include? Obviously some new Edges and Hindrances, but does it expand significantly on things like fear/sanity mechanics, monsters, and magic? What about new items?
>>
>>51821176
My homebrew alterations include halving the Fear rating of every monster and making the Fright table a d10, but also reversing the Fright Table. 0 or less is now a Heart Attack, and the Fear penalties are now always penalties.
>>
>>51821071

How does Interface Zero do hacking? Does it remove the "hacker is playing a minigame" thing that (imo) plagues shadowrun?

I've read Cryptomancer a few days ago, and I really like the hacking system it has, but it's pretty realistic... for a group of people trying to hack into a network of magical crystals in fantasy land...
>>
>>51819111
Hey OP, keep having back links to previous topics, they can be seen in the archive for quite a few days, and then I don't have to go look for them.
>>
>>51822399

See OP

Read table of contents.
>>
>>51819111
>Current topic: Which SW splats do certain mechanics better than SW itself, and why?

Savage Armory for weapons. especially fantasy. I just like it better.

Also makes creating weird weapons from random attributes possible.
>>
>>51823050
I wasn't the OP from the previous thread, though I did copy (ish) the OP from it. I think /svg/ isn't that popular a thread; but that is a good suggestion.
>>
File: SW_FAQ_May_2015.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
SW_FAQ_May_2015.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51819111
Hey OP from the previous threads here. Glad to see its catching on. Thanks for posting this thread. We CAN make it happen. Also, reposting this little gem from the last thread. This rule is a godsend.
>>
>>51823030
Can't really explain it in full at the moment, but the second trove has a pdf of Interface Zero 2.0 if you wanted to take a gander.

Basically it handles it a bit like "combat", where you're attacking a network and it can be "Shaken", etc. You can hack networks from certain distances but if you want to hack stuff like cars, people's guns, or people's implants you gotta be fairly close. Basically meaning the hacker is usually right there with the party when they're not attacking a network.

It is kind of a minigame kinda deal where it's just the hacker vs. the network, but on the upside it resolves considerably faster than anything Shadowrun can do. And if your GM's smart they'll weave together hacking a network with things the other players gotta do.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.