[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why don't we have the Ultimate /tg/ PDF Torrent and instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Lawful Evil.jpg (72KB, 730x384px) Image search: [Google]
Lawful Evil.jpg
72KB, 730x384px
So why don't we have the Ultimate /tg/ PDF Torrent and instead use PDF threads for sharing?

I'm sure that using a torrent file to share the entire trove or needed segments of it that would be updated, say, monthly, would be better than using PDF threads where shit gets reposted over and over.

It would also provide much needed context, where PDFs could be sorted by categories - shit that is essential or recommended, and shit that is mostly superficial but good for inspiration.
>>
>>51817460
because things that are most convenient for you personally are rarely so for groups of people
>>
>>51817703
this
you can go away now OP
>>
>>51817703
I'm just saying, there are more convenient content delivery systems than browsing in the thread, waiting for something interesting to appear.

For example, I have a /tg/ trove 70 gigs worth of .pdfs. I've read through about a half of them and I can give my opinion on whether said book is essential for understanding the system or the source subject or not. Why not let people who frequent /tg/ to express their opinion on what they think is an essential read? Hell, boards like /a/, /tv/, /lit/ - they all have at least some variation of the "recommended reading list". I think that combining such list with the actual torrent download would serve well in educating people on the subject of /tg/-games.

I mean, if no one does it I guess I'll do it on my own eventually and create a dedicated torrent myself to share with everyone, but it would be nice if there was a community around it and not just a single guy like me saying "hurr durr, this is the things I like and this is the things I don't like".
>>
>>51817888
The convenience of the pdf share is that you don't have to download a torrent. Most people only want a few things rather than being hoarders. Many of them don't even know what those few things are until they ask. They're not going to do the research themselves.

If you are going to organize some sort of torrent you should ask around in the pdf thread. Main issue there is constantly updating it, and that not many people will use it.

The recommended reading section of material for tg is more diffuse because of the variety of games. Larger more established games have generals that tend to have them linked at the beginning of each thread. People who aren't interested in those games don't go there and don't want to download them.

You're basically asking why there isn't a thing most people don't want. Hoarders specifically might but trying to organize a bunch of that would be at best an exercise in mashing together autisms until you lose your shit.
>>
>>51818043
I suppose you're right. I'm just looking for feedback whether people want it.

The problem still exists, though. If there are people that are still trying to homebrew shit for 3.5 to run their setting of choice despite the existence of better suited systems, clearly something is going wrong.

And even if there is no need for actual system rulebooks to be shared as a trove, there is often need for worldbuilding literature, from things like medieval fashion and importance of things like salt and spices to things like general firearms information and basics of sailing and such.

Eh. Nevermind.
Besides, I already have a bunch of cloud sharing trove links that I use every time I need specific information, even if in my opinion it would be more convenient to create a user-supported torrent.

I'll probably just raise a server for everyone to download the shit they need instead.
>>
>>51817460
>Why haven't I, the OP of this thread, done this thing yet?

That's a good question, OP. When are you going to stop being lazy and do that thing you said would be good to have done?
>>
>All these people complaining about having to download a torrent
Magnet links, son. Also you can just download the files you want from a torrent if it's laid out properly. You'll probably want to set up a seedbox for this though.
>>
>>51818424
i dont want torrents, i want DDL
>>
I at least don't want torrents as the copyright holders could easily get them too, and then everybody that uses it can be locked.
>>
You don't want to put the entire board's resources in one place. That's what killed /x/.
>>
What version of A Clash of Kings should I download given the newer ones are shit? When was it at its best?
>>
File: x.jpg (362KB, 709x2000px) Image search: [Google]
x.jpg
362KB, 709x2000px
>>51821728
Eh. /x/ has a lot more problems than that.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.