[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 337
Thread images: 62

File: B0bY4BlIEAAOinS.png (255KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
B0bY4BlIEAAOinS.png
255KB, 599x337px
Take chances.
Get messy.
Make mistakes.
And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon.

>Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
>Chummer 5: http://get.chummer.net
>Issue tracker: http://issues.chummer.net
>Last thread: >>51802412

Topic:
What is your favourite lifestyle, and why doesn't it have an indoor arboretum?
>>
Would you port the elemental effects from 4 to 5 like they are or would you change some things?
>>
File: Biker.png (338KB, 500x714px) Image search: [Google]
Biker.png
338KB, 500x714px
Wanting to make a hacker, decker or techno. What could be some interesting character hooks I could work off of? No, suits and professionalism aren't interesting to me.

Failing that I'd want to try recreate Biker, is there any possible way of making meat cleavers (especially throwing said cleavers) viable?
>>
>>51816496
>forgot half the OP
Geez, at least you remembered the important half.

>What is your favourite lifestyle, and why doesn't it have an indoor arboretum?
In theory, Luxury, and that one actually has an indoor arboretum and a garden as well because I miss fresh fruit and growing plants would remind me of my childhood. In practice, Low, because I can get away with booby-trapping the door with a pair of hi-explosive grenades.
>>
>>51817021
>Wanting to make a hacker, decker or techno. What could be some interesting character hooks I could work off of?
Cybercowboy. A native of Texas, Billy Butch was one of the brightest rising stars Lone Star had; the young decker could've gone on to be a legend of law enforcement if he hadn't been laid off in a budget cut that forced him to turn to the shadows. He wears a cowboy hat at all times, packs a Super Warhawk as his meatspace weapon, you get the picture.
>>
>>51816496
>What is your favourite lifestyle, and why doesn't it have an indoor arboretum?
I prefer to buy a permanent Medium lifestyle as soon as I can afford it. Good enough to live comfortably, but not so highbrow as to attract attention.
I'll usually pay monthly for a low or two for safe houses, though.
>>
File: texicomarshal.jpg (152KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
texicomarshal.jpg
152KB, 1680x1050px
>>51817167
Hm, that might be something to explore, thanks. Only hitch is that I did have an old character who used a Ruger Warhawk heavily.
>>
File: Image_Chevy-Silverado-874x324.jpg (83KB, 874x324px) Image search: [Google]
Image_Chevy-Silverado-874x324.jpg
83KB, 874x324px
Does it bug anyone else that Ramming Plates don't reduce damage taken from head-on collisions of any sort? Would it be unbalanced if a GM ruled that they do reduce damage from head-on collisions?
>>
I'm having trouble understanding matrix perception and running silent.
First I need to make a matrix perception check to see if there are actually devices running silent with 100m. At this point, do I see every icon that failed its test, or do I need to use net hits to see if objects I'm aware of are icons, hoping I pick the right ones, or just hoping I have enough hits to identify them all?
Once I see an icon, do I pretty much know what that icon is unless they are using wrapper? (I assume if I know what it is, I don't know who is using it, for instance if its 3 guys with a gun each)
>>
Thank you Dragonfall, for transfering the Matrix in such a way that is 'functional' but still making me hate it with such intent I would rather be playing an AI on 5e.

It has frozen THREE TIMES in the APEX mission already.
>>
>>51816753
You can probably port Light and Metal as is, is there any others I'm forgetting from 4e that we don't have in 5e?
>>
>>51817450
>>51817504
Daily reminder that the Matrix rules have been shit in every edition and will continue to be shit for as long as Shadowrun is a thing.
>>
File: 8188041975_915a7e9c32_o.jpg (71KB, 1000x638px) Image search: [Google]
8188041975_915a7e9c32_o.jpg
71KB, 1000x638px
>>51817504

I bet you fucking love Tasers now
>>
File: loli_infiltrator.jpg (24KB, 516x599px) Image search: [Google]
loli_infiltrator.jpg
24KB, 516x599px
What is the best role for a loli in shadowrun? Decker/techno would be too easy, so maybe infiltrator?
>>
>>51817450
Yes. Not even kidding.
>>
File: 1484719190291.jpg (101KB, 954x960px) Image search: [Google]
1484719190291.jpg
101KB, 954x960px
>>51817549
>not going full Nanoha
>>
>>51817504
That mission is just game-breakingly fucked. I wish the devs patched it
>>
>>51817584
I don't like Nanoha
>>
>>51817594
I just like the concept of hitting your foes so hard they become your pals.
Try infiltrator with bioware then.
>>
>>51817617
Physical adept loli with 1ESS worth of bioware for maximum cheese? You could even throw prototype metahuman on that for extra snowflake.
>>
>>51817594
>>51817617
Also, human(5) with Lucky quality.
>>
>>51817646
Why not elf? You stay a loli for longer.
>>
>>51817654
Neoteny
>>
>>51817664
That goes without saying. But your lifespan is longer as an elf, so you stay a loli for longer.

Extra lucky magical loli does sound pretty good though. Ah, decisions!
>>
I'm running 2050s in 5e

What should I do to use pre-crash 2.0 matrix with 5e rules? Ignore VR rules, follow the other stuff, and fluff the rest?
>>
>>51817738
Check out the 2050s book for 4e.
>>
>>51817760
Alright, I'll do that.
The 5e 2050 book is never gonna get an english version, is it.
>>
>>51817781
I didn't know there was one.
>>
>>51817807
It's in the mega link, but it's in german.
>>
>>51817738
There are rules for 2050s for 5e. Forgot in what book though.
>>
So, what kind of dicepool for shooting might one expect from members of a middle-class gun enthusiast club, not counting ones that were already cops or corpsec to begin with? How impressed would they be with a professional who has a dicepool of 12?
>>
so uh
my entire party is deckers
even if they do something else, they all have a cyberdeck
even the mage

i have 5 deckers

what do
>>
>>51818203
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to do runs into the Deep Matrix that don't leave anyone behind. Take it.
>>
>>51817266
a little bit.

let's break down what happens when you get into a wreck IRL then compare that to the game!

IRL
>truck hitting a bus waiting hut

>the frame
first, the bull bars are mounted to the frame, if the frame doesn't hold, then the bars are coming off.
> the engine
engines don't like shit slamming into them
>the transmission
They also don't like it when the fly wheel is slammed into them.
>the drive shaft
they tend to snap when bent
>the rear end
those little clutches and plates tend to fuck up from jack asses trying out burnouts.
>radiator
they get fucked up, engine over heats then eventually dies...after like an hour of further jackassery.

>TL;DR shit happens in car wrecks that car's don't like even when it seems fine after said wreck.

>game

>dice roll and shit is implied but never quite explained.

>don't crash ur car, they like you and try to keep you safe.
>>
File: Skippy.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Skippy.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>51818252
True, but I was thinking a little less "bus waiting hut" and a little more "other vehicles, chain link fences, metahumans and critters". And of course, bullbars exist for the explicit purpose of protecting your vehicle in the event of a critter collision.
>>
>>51817450
How my group runs it: An icon running silent is undetectable unless its "Remain Silent" threshold is beaten by whatever's matrix PER. The GM does not roll defensive matrix PER until the X has reason to believe there are hidden icons.

So, for example
Running silently, you successfully Hack on The Fly a Host. You now have a Mark and can enter the Host. Since you were successful, the Host has no reason to believe it has been infiltrated. Now, you make a matrix PER and see what's inside the Host. There's X amount of files in the Archive for you to get to, but to avoid having to do a Deep Run, the file you want is conveniently in the Active Memory. Now you need a Mark on it, remaining hidden. So you Hack on The Fly the file to get a mark on it. Successfully. Still not running Matrix PER from the Host, because it thinks you're a legitimate user.

Now you edit the file to grab your data, and somehow you fail it. Huh, that's weird. The Host begins running matrix PER every combat turn and he beats your threshold his first opportunity. Now it sees you as an illegitimate user and launches IC. If you're a TM, you whip out your Fault Sprite (although why you weren't using Crack to hack the thing I honestly don't know shhh) if you're a Decker you deploy a small army of Agents in return. You Edit File again to get your data and are successful this time. Now hopefully the Host was to busy fighting your Agents to get a Mark on you and you can exit the Host as a free and get off the fucking Matrix.
>>
>>51817516
There's also force
>>
>>51817516
Blast
Sound
Smoke
A not-shit version of ice/cold
>>
>>51818398
>small army of Agents
Can you run more than 1 at a time?
>>
>>51818523
Agents are Programs, right? You can run up to your Rating in Programs at a time. That's why Deckers are referred to matrix tanks, iirc. It's been a while since I ran a decker, however, and I'm not 100% on that rule - seems logical, though, if a host deploys 1 IC/turn and a techno can just as a free action start shitting out up to his CHA in registered sprites.
>>
File: programs.png (302KB, 620x626px) Image search: [Google]
programs.png
302KB, 620x626px
>>51818573
I assumed it applied to agents, but I wasn't sure
>>
>>51818484
>>51818466
If I don't forget, I'll tweak them for use in 5e, with a supplemental custom_spells.xml file for you chummers.
>>
Should I be fine playing a decker with no programs from data trails? Never played a decker before so I want to keep it simple, and we have new players so I assume the DM won't be going too hard on us. Is there anything in there that is 'take this or you are going to be a shitty decker'?
>>
>>51818727
Fucking N I C E man.

Here, have this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UzoyIwC3Lg
>>
Hey /srg/, I'm trying to more flesh out a character for my GM's enjoyment of the RP. How have you given your characters more spark than just mechanics? Looking for technos for this one but figure it's a good question.

>Arguing with your commlink
>ARO persona works through a wheel of appropriate icons, spinning it around with mind until the correct one is in your hand when compiling sprites
>Wink at an icon when HOTF to get a mark on it

>>51818685
SR5 P246
"Each agent occupies one program slot on your deck."
Since you have to buy agents one-at-a-time, and given the wording of that, I assume you can run more than one. It's not like running two copies of your Hammer Program will give you +4 damage, because you're just running the same thing twice - but two Agents are independent programs that do markedly different things on command.

>>51818731
If your GM is comfortable with the Deep Run rules, go for it. Programs aren't that simple, though remember deckers are like the wizards in pathfinder - the more work you put into your magic spellbook (cyberdeck) the more omnipotent you will seem. Remember to write a matrix cheat sheet up for yourself. Controversial opinion: Technos are easier than Deckers to learn matrix rules with
>>
>>51818964
Programs aren't that complex* agh
They're like temporary buffs you can throw up, and you have rating # of slots to fit buffs in. Hammer is very strong. Also Smoke and Mirrors + noise cancelling + Vectored Signal Booster.
>>
File: IMG_2160.png (244KB, 750x344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2160.png
244KB, 750x344px
>>51818252
But if the ramming plates and car frame hold then shouldn't all the important stuff in the engine bay be intact?
>>
>>51819172
If you're in an indestructible box, and the box slams into something at roughly 500 miles an hour, do you stay intact as you smash against the inside of the box?
>>
>>51819229
Hard mode: I'm a rigger, and I am the box.
>>
If the spells say drain is "F - 3", does this mean that casting a force 3 or lower spell negates the drain?
>>
>>51819267
Drain has a minimum of 2, before you resist, regardless of how much the reduction is. F-10000000000000000000000000 still gives you 2 Drain to resist.
>>
>>51819172
motor mounts, alternator, battery, radiator, and even the engine can get really fucked up even if the frame is fine.

the engine is a series of moving parts that weigh around 250 to 600 pounds. hell, vibrations can throw an engine off massively. Anything that can go wrong will go wrong with an an engine.

then you have the transmission, a box of spinning gears that go between 0 to 10,000 RPM while transferring however much power the engine can make to the drive shaft, then differentials, then the sub axels and then the wheels...

don't smash cars, even purpose built cars fuck up in all tasks.
>>
File: twingo.png (486KB, 1106x718px) Image search: [Google]
twingo.png
486KB, 1106x718px
>>51819229
Shock absorbers on the ramming plate and shock absorbers on the engine mounts. I can hack this.
>>
>>51819229
Right, there's still going to damage because you're coming to a sudden stop. But the ramming plates are going to do a lot to prevent the box from caving in on you or heaven forbid something crashing through the box into you, which raises the question of how one would simulate that protection. If they don't hold, their protection is negligible. If they do hold, then they provide serious protection. Perhaps it's appropriate for ramming plates to negate the AP of a ram? 6 more armor dice is worth only 2 more hits on average, but it'll allow for more situations where the armor blocks the damage entirely.
>>
>>51818252
>>51819172
>>51819350
I think there's a meme going on here that I'm unfamiliar with.
>>
>>51819229
>do you stay intact as you smash against the inside of the box?
See, that assumes that the box stops or loses a lot of momentum. If the box keeps going and loses not that much momentum, there's a lot less potential for damage.
>>
File: 1421373997755.jpg (73KB, 550x333px) Image search: [Google]
1421373997755.jpg
73KB, 550x333px
>>51819386
shhh /o/ is in the house now

>>51819359
inertia is a thing you won't stop on all levels.

best a ram plate would do is to keep your bumper from getting blown apart at an under-20-mile-an-hour fender bender, or the deer from flying over your head into the windshield.

>>51819244
best advice i can give for realism in this shit. just put a fuck ton of guns on ur jackrabbit and don't hit shit head on.

hell, car's are built back wards when it comes to safety. you're much better off throwing your car in reverse and hitting shit that way than going head on.
>>
>>51819316
so it's a base of two plus whatever it shows?

say, it's the same F-3 drain spell and i use it at force 3 it's only 2 drain instead of 5, but using it at force 5 it would be 4 drain to resist

am i getting this right?
>>
>>51819481
Why can't I play demolition derby rigger as my main shadowrunner god damnit REEEE
There's no way to rob a bank like driving a monster truck into it
>>
>>51819510
what
no
as long as your force is 5 or less you take only 2 drain
when above that you take (force of the spell - 3) in drain
>>
>>51819510
No, anon.

If you cast a F-6 spell at F10, it gives 4 Drain. 10-6.
If you cast it at F6, it gives 2 Drain. 6-6, but it bottoms out at 2.
>>
>>51819578
>>51819576
ohhhhh i see now
so if I cast it at force 6, for example, the drain of the F-3 spell would be 5 because base 2 + 3, but if i cast it at force 5 it's just 2 drain

got it, thanks
>>
>>51819481
>best a ram plate would do is to keep your bumper from getting blown apart at an under-20-mile-an-hour fender bender, or the deer from flying over your head into the windshield.
Yeah, that's kind of what I'm looking for here, situations where continuing to drive after the crash is viable.

>best advice i can give for realism in this shit. just put a fuck ton of guns on ur jackrabbit and don't hit shit head on.
Eh, sorry, no can do. A rigger doesn't put a ramming plate and 9 obvious armor on his Ares Roadmaster, call himself "Rundown" and NOT ram into shit. If it makes you feel any better, I can only get up to speed 5.
>>
File: 1472318709701.jpg (207KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1472318709701.jpg
207KB, 1080x1920px
>>51817516
Light is in 5e, has been for 3 years. Does nobody read the books?
>>
>>51819618
You're retarded and a nigger. Kill yourself.
>>
>>51818158
6-8. Capable, but not exceptional, and easily foiled by actual combat conditions.

How impressed they are depends far more on the men involved than the numbers.
>>
So, I have a couple of really basic questions, if you'll indulge me.

What's the general name for those guys who use drones in combat, is there any way to have them autonomously provide fire support or do you need to be "driving" them at all times, and generally speaking, is that sort of character more or less effective in direct combat than a cyberware'd up assault rifle guy?
>>
>>51819618
chummer, are you purposefully dumb?
No, we are saying that the drain is F-3, except when it would be less than 2, then it's 2
>>
File: only time.jpg (39KB, 663x579px) Image search: [Google]
only time.jpg
39KB, 663x579px
>>51819680
>>51819708
pls no bully i realized my mistake after i posted it
>>
File: 14583185071421.jpg (4KB, 213x250px) Image search: [Google]
14583185071421.jpg
4KB, 213x250px
>>51819701
>What's the general name for those guys who use drones in combat, is there any way to have them autonomously provide fire support or do you need to be "driving" them at all times, and generally speaking, is that sort of character more or less effective in direct combat than a cyberware'd up assault rifle guy?
Rigger are you for real?
>>
>>51819575
you can, just don't expect the car to live very long after your demo derby. because IRL they don't tend to last the first round intact. They usually are super fucking rebuilt over and over and over again.

>>51819622
get a high body vehicle, say a van, then put a ram plate on it and spray paint "slam van" on the side, back and ram plate. they have more health. also obvious armor, as its cheaper and you'll be taking it off over and over again to fix what you fucked up in a breath takingly short time.
>>
>>51819727
Rigger, then? Okay, I'll google the rest. Sorry for the dumb.
>>
>>51819733
Actually, the Roadmaster has so much damn armor on it baseline that if you put as much obvious armor on it as you can, it's actually incapable of taking damage in any crash that isn't a head-on collision with another vehicle, even if you put in a bigger engine so that it has a maximum speed of 5.
>>
>>51819841
well, put the ram plate on the ass end and hit shit while going in reverse.

i would like a more realistic vehicle damage chart. like "front left wheel is cambered to hell" or "the door is now fucking gone" or "ur on fire and you're not even turning the stereo down"
>>
Which org.crime has hands in Seattle? I remember the Mafia in the richer sides and half the coast, I don't remember if the Yaks or Triads had the other half, and no idea what the rest did.

I just found out I have to cover for the GM, and I wanna touch on something he doesn't give a fuck.
>>
>>51819905
Have them be out of towners that don't really know what they're doing, disrupting the delicate balance of power in Seattle's underworld. You're hired to mop them up before their bumbling causes a fucking war.
>>
>>51819873
>well, put the ram plate on the ass end and hit shit while going in reverse.
Eh, I don't think the rules work like that. The advanced ramming rules in Rigger 5.0 don't care about which part of the car you're hitting or hitting with, just which direction the two vehicles are moving relative to each other.

>i would like a more realistic vehicle damage chart. like "front left wheel is cambered to hell" or "the door is now fucking gone" or "ur on fire and you're not even turning the stereo down"
Yeah, the abstractions we have now keep things quick and easy to play, but some of the nice detail is lost. At least we've got some good called shots for vehicles on pg 115 of Run&Gun.

>>51819905
Yeah, the Yaks and Triads have a substantial grip on Seattle. If you want something of minimal consequence, try the David Cartel (the one and only cartel of Aztlan) and/or the Ghost Cartels (which operated out of South America). While they don't control any substantial turf and really just ship in drugs for the other syndicates to sell, the David Cartel controls the novacoke supply while the Ghost Cartels bring in more.....exotic drugs, shall we say.
>>
How exactly does DocWagon work? I only know about it from the Returns games, which means "cut to black after a run where one of your guys got downed and have them revived offscreen" so I have no idea how the contracts are handled in the actual game, how they are acquired, or how they actually act.

Where can I read about it more in-depth?
>>
>>51817738
The 2050s Book has been ported to 5e in german. So, if you understand Kraut, check the "auf deutsch" folder in the pastebin.
There are also some rules in the Shadowrun Hongkong supplement.
>>
File: DocWagon 4eAE.png (416KB, 478x885px) Image search: [Google]
DocWagon 4eAE.png
416KB, 478x885px
>>51820043
Basically you take a contract that says "If you are seriously harmed we will come and save you"
pic related is from 4e
>>
>>51820043
Bullets and Bandages.

You basically buy a contract and they bail you out, accoring to the levels of the contract, which usually means very little if its on exterritorial Areas.
Thing is, you don't need a SIN if you prepay it.

In older editions, DocWagon Contracts seemed to be a pretty good investment, but i have never seen anybody take a contract up since i started playing 5e.
Probably depends a bit on the way your GM plays and how common total party kills are.
>>
File: yo vegeta.jpg (48KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
yo vegeta.jpg
48KB, 500x378px
Do you ever find yourself wondering whether your GM is soft on you or if you're actually playing smart enough to get through really hairy situations mostly undamaged?
>>
>>51820240
not exactly, but I'm wondering if I'm actually challenging my players, and if they enjoy it
>>
Wasn't there a quality somewhere about bonuses/penalties depending on if you had your face/identity covered?
>>
>>51820436
What kind of guys are you pitting them against? So far all I've gone up against are syndicate thugs and beat cops who were not expecting to encounter shadowrunners that day. We haven't encountered any heavy hitters yet, which is why I'm wondering; when we go up against an HTR team or something, then I'll know for sure.
>>
>>51820997
Faceless? Hard Targets page 191
>>
1 rating 4 agent or 3 rating 3 agents?
>>
>>51820997
play a character with the faceless quality like Rorschach when the cops peel his mask off.
>>
>>51821204
What's the purpose for them?
Holding off IC until you can get your objective and GTFO? Three R3s.
Matrix Search spamming/helping with matrix PER? One R4.

What rating's your Deck, however?
>>
>>51812183
>Like they know now that they don't know shit about modern warfare, because Sirrurg got put down like a bitch.

Nigger it took an entire army, a charged locus, a blood sacrifice and an artifact combined with special;ised anti-dragon weapons. And even then they had to smash a hoard to lure him out first so he came completely unsupported, and it took them hours to do the job.
>>
File: conjurer of weak lifts.jpg (31KB, 552x475px) Image search: [Google]
conjurer of weak lifts.jpg
31KB, 552x475px
>>51821330
And a carrier battle group. I forgot about them.
>>
>>51821293
Deck rating is 3; it's a Renraku Tsurugi. The purpose was going to be both really. Was worried that if I have IC on me, only having one agent to help might be an issue.
I might also be able to go 1 rating 4 agent and 1 rating 3 if I move some funds around
>>
>>51821473
Ask your GM how complex he plans to make your tasks. If you need like one file out of that host, you can be alright with one R4 and have a nice helper buddy for PER and etc rolls. If he wants you to do, like, get in there and murder the Spider and then overpower IC until you can get to the Foundation and do a deep run into the Archive, grab three.
>>
>>51821473
Remember, though, that all but the strongest agents tend to be more vulnerable than a decker, and in addition, they can't change programs or ratings, and are like pilots.

Also they don't have their own condition monitors, so a few failed attack actions (or successful enemy attack) can spiral out of control.
>>
>>51819629
Which book?
Not that ridiculous sunlight spell?
>>
>>51820127
Gotta love how 5e ommitted that entire description.
Generally I direct people to 5e'a rules but 4e's fluff.
>>
>>51821330, >>51821430
It's funny, because the Germans just used jets and missiles on THEIR dead GD.
>>
Question: how much cyberware and/or bioware does the average augmentation clinic have just lying around? Does it depend on whether it's a standard clinic, alpha clinic, beta clinic, etc? Asking for a friend who may or may not be robbing a clinic soon.
>>
>>51822115
I'd actually imagine you go to the clinc and the clinc only has the orders on-hand from the factory. Most people wouldn't want them lying around, it's a giant "ROB ME" button.

How they'd work, I'd imagine, is you go there, order a new arm, in a week the arm is made and you go to get it installed at the clinc.

That is unless you're targeting an cyber/bioware harvester clinc, in which case, whatever they can steal off of poor schmoes.
>>
>>51822045
Tbf, that was a newly awoken dragon who didn't have her shit together. Sirrurg is the Andre the Giant of dragons, huge and terrific at fighting.
>>
>>51822115
Depends on the rank of the clinic and the usual clientele
What kind of clinic and where?

What generally should be there are cybereyes, cyberears and maybe cyberlimbs
>>
>>51822115
>Asking for a friend who may or may not be robbing a clinic soon.

You can just say "going to be robbing a clinic soon".
And it depends on the kind of clinic.
A lot of high-end designer bodyships will only have "light" cyberware; eyes, ears, datajacks, simrigs, some cosmetic stuff, and all of it will be way overpriced. The walk in cyberclinics are more like dentists offices in some ways.
More expensive but more functional and hospital-like locations will have a whole range of cyberware, and will likely have very good on-site security.
>>
>>51822115
Most clinics aren't likely to actually have much finished 'ware around, with the exceptions being stuff that's just dead popular and common.

So mostly cyber-eyes, datajacks, and the like for a cyber clinic, with a few bog-standard limbs, but they'd have materials to fabricate most stuff of their grade or lower.

A bio-clinc probably has a few examples of standard bioware around, a few treatments, and again, the means to grow the rest of the stuff needed.
>>
>>51822189
I know, I was just making a joke.
Rhonabwy said outright that when they're in the madness that sometimes comes from leaving hibernation they aren't rational or understanding of what they're doing, which precludes them from using their vast magical resources efficiently.
>>
>>51822179
>>51822190
>>51822198
>>51822225
I've got no idea what grade this clinic is. All I know is that it's an EVO corpclinic and that it's right next to a manufacturing facility. Myabe I should be hitting manufacturing instead.
>>
>>51822299
>Rob a megacorp manufacturing facility
nigga you gonna die
For your sake do about 2 sessions worth of planning and cut all your contacts in
>>
>Sprite has X skills
yes but what rank are they
fucking corebook
>>
>>51822833
Have you tried reading it?
>>
>>51822845
Go to the Sprites section, p254
CTRL+F skill
>"Netta's Compiling Skill" --> Not related to what skill ranks the Sprites have
Press enter
>Skills: Computer, Hacking
>Not related to what ranks they have
:^) - CGL
>>
>>51822902
>level 3 sprite
>Hacking 3
Yeah, they should've spelled it out, but look a little harder at that sidebar, will you?
>>
>>51818252
Damn, now I want a twingo statblock for shadowrun.
And I'll make my party go to france and have an high speed chase in one.
>>
So, anyone want to take bets on which of the AAA megas gets the axe next edition or next setting update to shake shit up again?

My bets are in NeoNET or Horizon.
NeoNET because in-universe they're suffering from the CFD fallout and out of universe because they've never had a strong "theme"; they're a combination of several long-running Matrix-focused megacorps with several long-running NPC's, but aside from that they've never had a strong "character" like a lot of the other megas have. Plus it seems like every time they heavy update the setting it's ALWAYS the big non-Renraku Matrix-focused company that gets chopped; first Fuchi, then Novatech, now NeoNET.

Horizon Group I think will get the axe for the sole reason because it's new and different and the head writers for 5e are entirely composed of ancient grognards who are afraid of being reminded of how goddamn old they are and who refuse to adapt to changing times.
>>
>>51823641

Horizon is the only mega that has its base, and focuses primarily, on Media. Not that CGL is full of rocket scientists, but it would be extra dumb to axe a mega with that as their focus.
>>
>>51823641
NeoNET is doomed, though I think their theme is their disunity; you've got Villiers, Malmstien, and Celedyr, all pulling in different directions but none able to take complete control. It's great fodder for games and intra-corp runs, which is nice given how monolithic everyone else (but Ares) seems to be these days.

I see Villiers and his golden ticket pairing up with Spinrad and possibly Monobe to be a new, stylish corp that tries to mesh Japanacorp organization with Spinrad pizazz and Arabesque trappings.

Horizon is going to stick around, I think, even if it doesn't make sense, because 'the Hollywood Corp' is too good to pass on.
>>
>>51823641
Personally I'm hoping EVO.
It very much seems like the writers are rooting for them and it annoys me. Axe them.
>>
File: IMG_4074.png (30KB, 180x227px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4074.png
30KB, 180x227px
>>51823811
I hope NeoNET gets screwed and Spinrad Industries gets AAA status, just so we can get more JOHNNY SPINRAD!

>His cyberlimbs are actually Ferraris.
>His 140 meter yatcht is so impressive that he doesn't even drive it.
>Once, he punched a dragon. That's right. You heard me.
>He is Johnny Spinrad, the Most Interesting Man in the Sixth World
>>
File: tn_posted-on-shock-mansion-433.jpg (112KB, 550x911px) Image search: [Google]
tn_posted-on-shock-mansion-433.jpg
112KB, 550x911px
>>51824012
He does deserve to get back into the limelight. But even without the golden ticket, Villiers is a great counterpart to Spinrad; both are ruthless, both are great businessmen, both have excellent PR, and both cannot have an equal. Their business marriage and inevitable fiery divorce would be great. And maybe Miles can come back.
>>
How can a street sam help out other then just putting bodies in the ground? I'm making a troll heavy gunner for an upcoming campaign and I want to know what I can do before/during the run to help.
>>
>>51824321
Invest in intimidation, stealth and driving.
>>
>>51824321
If all you do is one thing, you are doing it wrong. Have something you can see doing in legwork; gutgud at talking and hanging out with low-level folks for info, if you don't have a physical infiltrator do that with microdrones, etc.
>>
>>51824131
Spinrad was never REALLY in the limelight honestly; he's kind of a meme out of universe, with as early on as 1e him being mentioned in fluff bits to have done some crazy thing other, and until maybe 3e they never really clarified on who he WAS except that his company made designer cyberlimbs and that the man himself was some kinda rockstar businessman.
Ever since 4e and 5e he's been giving more runs devoted to him though, and somewhat hilariously he personally appears in every single one of them.
>>
>>51823823
They're the "good guy" corp. So I doubt it.
>>
>>51824416
>somewhat hilariously he personally appears in every single one of them.

Give the people what they want. Honestly, he's probably the safest canon character to show up in random missions, because nobody is going to take a swing at him.

>>51824442
So was Horizon until the technomassacre. Evo has plenty of dark corners to explore (forcibly keeping headcases around and infecting people to EVOlve them into Evo customers is the most obvious to me).
>>
Does anyone have episode 6 of Missions season 5? Its not in the pastebin.
>>
So how does using reagents to lower drain work?
>>
File: Biker&Jacket.jpg (555KB, 606x1075px) Image search: [Google]
Biker&Jacket.jpg
555KB, 606x1075px
>>51817021
No other ideas?

By "making cleavers viable" I of course mean making them better, or at least comparable to the damage a modded pistol could do.
>>
File: noodle.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
noodle.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>51817549
Robot Noodle, Punished Noodle...
>>
Okay, assuming i know nothing about mechanics, which i don't, explain shamans to me
Is there a difference, aside from fluff, between totems?
Do totems effect spirits you van summon?
Also, which edition would you recommend?
>>
>>51825451
*can
>>
>>51825451
first of all, which edition are you referring to? And what exactly do you mean with "Shaman"?

Because the answer we'll give you depends on those

>Also, which edition would you recommend?
1e-3e for the old-school, "cyberdecks the size of skateboards and wired EVERYTHING" feel
4e for a high-powered, wireless, professional version of cyberpunk
5e for when you want to stay in the new cyberpunk, but also get the old cyberpunk. Shitty layout, some different rules to 4e, but still similar
>>
>>51825520
4th or 5th, i guess
I'm into the setting, but i don't actually know how the game works
>>
>>51825294
However many drams of reagents (assuming it matches your tradition) you spend when casting a spell, summoning a spirit, or preparing an Alchemical preparation becomes the new limit instead of Force.

So if you wanted to call up a low force spirit, but get a lot of favors, spend seven drams of reagents and your limit is now seven.

For rituals, you need to spend at least the force in drams of reagents to perform the ritual, and ever extra (force) drams lowers the drain by one, but this has to be spent before you find out how much drain the ritual will give.

And if you're using reagents not aligned with your tradition, then you only count half of the drams spent, unless you're a follower of Rat or something alike.
>>
>>51825451
Totems, aka mentor spirits, don't effect your summoned spirits (other than possibly giving you a bonus to summoning certain kinds). Different mentor spirits have different drawbacks and benefits; ex. Firebringer makes you better at Manipulation spells, but makes you pass a test to ignore someone in need. The state of mind the mentor spirit wants to cultivate is reinforced mechanically.

Guessing since you use totem (the 1-3e term) you're familiar with the cRPG, which are set in that era (2050s). Nowadays any kind of mage or adept of any tradition (shaman, hermetic, or otherwise) can get a mentor spirit, which I think is bullshit but whatever.
>>
>>51817549
Shaman maybe? Spirits probably don't age-discriminate.
>>
Is it just me, or is Thermal Dampening not very useful if you don't use it in conjunction with some other stealth gear? It says it provides its rating against "thermographic vision or thermal sensors", so as I see it, it's only going to apply against an observer if
A) the observer has no vision modes other than thermal, which I believe is uncommon
B) the observer's Perception pool would be 0 without the use of thermal vision due to Light conditions, Visibility conditions and/or any gear that penalizes all the observer's vision modes other than thermal vision, like ghillie suits or anything with ruthenium polymer coating
>>
>>51825561
Well, "how the game works" is a very, very broad topic. Core mechanics I suppose are just that you're building dice pools of D6s with Attribute + Skill + bonus dice, then every 5 or 6 you roll is a "hit". An average target number of hits you need is 4.

Beyond that, the game breaks off into all it's various subsystems. Seriously, you'll play as your first character and by the end of several runs be comfortable with that portion of the game, but still have very little idea how the other players' characters in your group operate. If you have any more specific question, feel free to ask.
>>
>>51825561
5e then.
>>
>>51825824
Put in on a coat and then pop smoke grenades.

And yes, its obviously to be used in conjunction with your environment.
>>
>>51825824
Pretty much. It's basically only there for a cheap option for night jobs to get around thermographic vision and sensors.
>>
>>51825890
Well, first off, i kinda had a concept in mind, but i don't even know if it's something a shaman, or any mage, can do
If anyone here's played nioh, you know that attack where you basically shoot your guardian spirit out of your weapon?
Like that, but with a gun instead of a melee weapon
I mean, you're not gonna fuck with a guy who shoots a wolf or shark at you, right?
I mean, of course that wouldn't be the only thing the character could do, just a concept i thought was cool
>>
>>51826113
Doesn't work.
Your totem doesn't interact with the rest of the world.
>>
>>51826203
I was thinking of it more like shooting spirits that are fluffed to look like your totem animal
>>
>>51826229
also not possible
>>
>>51826113
That sounds almost a bit too anime for Shadowrun. However, as a mage you can put spells into items, I once had a concept and partial character build for a with-doctorish guy who ran around slapping people with debuffs ("curses") by throwing shells and trinkets at them.

Only thing is that magic doesn't mesh too well with manmade shit. If you're going to be shooting you will want augmentations to help with your Initiative and whatnot, and that will hinder your Magic Rating. Also, I'd have a look to see if you can even put spells into bullets, given that they are entirely machined, when ritual components and stuff tend to be all natural objects.
>>
You can't mix magic and tech that way. There is no way to 'shoot' a spirit out.

You could get a summoning focus, style it like a gun, and summon the spirit your tradition uses for combat in a way that looks like that, I guess.
>>
>>51826250
>put spells into bullets
IIRC since the bullet gets damaged due to the tiny explosion you can't put spells on them
but you can put spells on arrows
>>
>>51826113
Ehhh. You could make your gun a summoning focus, I guess? Ranged weaponry generally doesn't interact well with magic due to some of the in-world rules about how it works.
>>
>>51826304
>>51826263
>>51826250
>>51826288
So, either i'd need some fluff and an unusual looking focus, or go for a magic archer spin on the idea
Or homebrew, but that depends heavily on the gm
>>
>>51826288
You can make alchemical bullets, there's just a 50% chance of failure upon firing, which makes them 100% not worth it.
>>
>>51826389
The thing is that spirits don't work like that. They're not forces that you toss around like objects, those are spells. Spirits are beings you call to the Material plane and ask to do things for you.
>>
>>51825927
But if I was going to use smoke grenades, why not use thermal smoke and an ultrasound sensor?

>>51825952
But common are the scenarios where it actually comes in handy? Low-light vision means that it has to be pitch black in order to Light conditions to mean anything, and I don't think that it's pitch black out that often. On top of that, you have to be 50 meters out to avoid any ultrasound or motion sensors, and the other guy can always have vision magnification so hiding at a distance isn't always effective to avoid visual detection.....not to mention that it's all for naught if the other guy didn't have thermovision in the first place. I dunno, it just seems like there's a narrow range of scenarios where Thermal Dampening really gets to shine.
>>
>>51826389
Yeah, just have a good read of the (incredibly expensive) magic rules. I don't think Shaman will give you what you want, but definitely check out Mages, and in particular Mystical Adepts (MysAd) who get to use both adept powers (might make it so you don't have to get too much 'ware) and regular spells.
>>
>>51826513
>expensive
Extensive, gods be damned.
>>
>>51826495
Because maybe you want to shoot through the smoke yourself?
>>
>>51826513
Adepts, got it
Gunmage, here i come!
>>
Aside from essence cost, is there a readon to choose bioware over cyberware?
>>
>>51826673
No reason to choose one over the other when you should be using both.
>>
>>51826673
Essence Cost is a very big factor, considering it limits your growth.
Also some shit only exists as Bioware, eg Paineditor.
>>
Why are dwarves best waifus?
>>
>>51826582
The ultrasound negates light smoke entirely though, so I'd only spring for non-thermal smoke if it was going to be moderate smoke, though CGL's brilliant editing doesn't make it clear which level of Visibility conditions a smoke grande causes...

>>51826693
>>51826700
This desu.
>>
>>51826673
Can't scan for bioware, can't hack bioware.
>>
>>51826673
Wait, i meant that the other way around
Am i wrong in assuming that the main reason most people choose cyberware is because it's cheaper?
>>
>>51826495
Not everyone can afford motion sensors and ultrasound (and a decker to defend them). For a bunch of Ancients looking to come down into the Underground and ambush a tusker gang, or a hunter going out into the Arctic where he knows a lot of paracritters have thermographic vision, thermal dampening is cheap and effective.
>>
>>51826773
Well, there are also things cyberware can get you that bioware can't (yet).
>>
>>51826773
No, you're not wrong. Take Wired Reflexes for example, you can take that and get a much higher Initiative boost than the bioware equivalent at the same price.
>>
>cyber-singularity seeker only works for mechanical limbs
>even though getting an upgraded spine or reworked innards is a far more practical and all around better upgrade

I don't get it. Are you not allowed to be a cyber-singularity seeker if you go for the practical upgrades?
>>
>>51826393
Isn't alchemy already 100% not worth it? I don't think I've ever heard anything good about it
>>
Do thermal and low-light vision stack with each other, so that if you have both you can treat total darkness as full light? Or do they not, and you just treat total darkness as a normal person would treat dim light?
>>
Which race and archetype makes the best waifu?
>>
>>51826731
Shortstack compresses the sexiness for ease of carrying.
>>
>>51827058
Dryad.
>>
>>51827128
That's not the bush your dad told you to finish on, anon.
>>
It's there a bioware alternative for cyberlimbs? I see the stuff for adding to your stats, but nothing that lets you straight up replace an arm or leg with a better one.
>>
>>51827171
>but nothing that lets you straight up replace an arm or leg with a better one.
Why bother when there's 'ware that makes your entire body better?
>>
>>51827171
Because that's not how Bioware works. Bioware is like vat-grown muscle and stuff, exactly as you said it adds to the body. Can't just hack an arm off and suture on another fresh arm.
>>
>>51827056
From a technical perspective:
No they don't stack.
>>
>>51827226
Because 'ware isn't inherently regenerative, and sometimes you want to go all wesker on it instead of going all robocop on it.
>>
>>51817549
Social infiltrator/seductress.
>>
>>51827171
The artificial musculature in a cyberlimb works on it's own. Natural muscles require the entire body working in tandem to function correctly.
>>
>>51827379
Iirc, there is the option in Chrome Flesh to replace your arm with a big crab arm, if you want that.
>>
>>51827622
Yes, actually, I DO happen to want that.
I still haven't gotten to play my crustaceomancer.
>>
File: end me.jpg (59KB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
end me.jpg
59KB, 919x720px
well that was a fucking disaster

i had my first session as a gm today
we started 2 hours late
we spent 2 hours on chargen and we're not even done, we're on the "extra" gear shit (cyberware, drones, etc), our mage left early so we have to go through his shit again at some point and let him buy like 10 spells because we're sharing a pdf on a big screen, and we stil have to do qualities, contacts and extra karma shit

i completely skipped knowledge skills because i'm a fucking moron and forgot about them and they already spent all their points so there's no going back on that i guess

we're meeting up again on wednesday which is good because now i have time to read riggers, cyberware and grenades more in-depth and shit

one of my players made pretty discouraging comments during chargen mostly about how he was bored to hell and how every shadowrun game he's played has been doomed in a few sessions or how we could just be playing cyberpunk instead
>>
>>51827669
Sounds like your problem was most lack of prepwork chummer. Organise with your group to have them arrive at the table with their characters ready (or at least mostly done).
>>
>>51826988
It's not completely worth it, but there's a few things that can make it not a complete waste outside being able to (almost) undetectably gather more reagents.

First, pretty much never use combat spells with alchemy unless you plan on being cheese-tastic about reagent use.

Second, if you can project, then you can activate command preparations with much less risk to your self.

Third, buffs are best, but still not necessarily good. They get twice potency in minutes and don't need sustaining. Unfortunately, most require some amount of hits to get the most out of 'em, and so aren't going to be that useful.

Fourth, there's a very small number of healing spells that you might consider using alchemically. Stabilize is the big one, as the hits are fairly pointless. Get a drone, put down a few force 3 or 4 Stabilize preparations on things it's holding, and then have almost as good, far cheaper trauma patches.

Lastly, there are a few fun tricks to pull, especially if you combine the above. Like putting a high force Blast spell on a drone.
>>
>>51827669
>doing chargen at the table
>with something as options-heavy as shadowrun
Ouch.
>>
>>51827669
>i completely skipped knowledge skills because i'm a fucking moron and forgot about them and they already spent all their points so there's no going back on that i guess

Knowledge skills are fed from a different (free) pool (log+int)x2.

>grenades

No
just no
Smoke and flashbangs are alright

Normal grenades are either "the runners kill everything without problem" or "TPK inbound".
>>
>>51827721
It's doable, but it heavily depends on multiple people having copies of the book or PDFs.
>>51827669
Honestly the major problem you probably had there was everyone being there at once. If you'd had an hour per person or whatever to run through the basics of character creation separately, then gathered everyone together to discuss hat you all want from the campaign, you'd have had an opportunity to clear the air with your cyberpunk apologist, or kill him and hide the body because you don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
>>
File: 1966039-222.jpg (87KB, 600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1966039-222.jpg
87KB, 600x1067px
>>51827962
>doesn't mention the necessity of Chummer

Modesty is an ill-fitting coat on a giant
>>
File: file.png (89KB, 343x255px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
89KB, 343x255px
>>51828009
Bah. Chummer's irrelevant to that, though. It's more important that you can have a discussion with your player to get them excited about what they can achieve with Shadowrun's... quirks.

I had a new player who'd never done a roleplaying game before join a one-shot at the quiet insistence of her boyfriend a while back. While we were discussing character concepts she could make (She originally wanted to just make the least intrusive and relevant character possible in order to make a quiet escape when she hated it), her jaw dropped when she found out she could make that stupid rabbit mecha from Sucker Punch, proceeded to make a walker rigger and has since replaced the boyfriend in the latest Shadowrun campaign. If we'd all been at the table together without that ability to have a quiet discussion, she probably would never have joined the game in any permanent sense.
>>
Does 5e have a book on expanded magic shit? I need to check some stuff about shamans
>>
File: Chummer Design.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Chummer Design.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>51828221
Talking with players is excellent, but Chummer is invaluable to get through chargen with new people and prevent them from doing anything too stupid or making the kind of mistake that requires entirely unmaking and remaking the character.

The university will never prove that I broke their safe download system to turn the computer lab into a Chummerhub to get the gaming club through Shadowrun chargen, but it was hella easier to walk up and down the rows and chat with people to offer advice and hear their crazy plans than it was to try and crank it all out longhand.

>>51828327
Street Grimoire, Shadow Spells, another in the works which will be out within a decade maybe.
>>
Would you a changeling?
>>
Firstly, a shout out to my players if they're on here, if you read this in an attempt to spoil the run, I will literally kill your character.

No, I am not kidding.

/srg/, I need your help fleshing out the details of a run I'm setting up after randomly rolling the individual bits of it from the 4e contacts and adventures suppliment.
The team is being paid through an intermidiary by the Seattle-based dragon Urubia (the "Crimson Queen") to do some kind of Investigation-type job out in Salish-Sidhe Council wilderness, specifically near the huge patch of land she owns around Mt Olympus and the Hoh Rainforest in Washington. I've decided the opposition will be mercenaries hired by a magical group opposed to Urubia, probably the Black Lodge.

What I need are two specific things; firstly I rolled that the job details would take place in an "exotic location", such as underwater, in a plane, or in space. What is a good exotic locale that fits? If nothing exotic fits, what is a good alternate location instead?
Secondly, the job is labeled an "Investigation" type job, which in this case would be traipsing around the wilderness looking for something and trying to beat the Lodge mercs to it. What could be out there in Urubia's jointly-owned land that the Lodge wants and Urubia has/needs but can't find/go get herself on short notice?

I don't need help with rules or opposition or how to balance shit, I need your actual imaginations here.
>>
File: It Depends.jpg (34KB, 425x340px) Image search: [Google]
It Depends.jpg
34KB, 425x340px
>>51828557
>>
>>51827325
Actually you're thinking of muscle augmentation, which is literally vat-grown artificial muscle tissue that is grafted onto your body after they strip off the old stuff. Muscle toner and muscle augmentation is similar but much less invasive, basically using drugs and nanomachines to weave new muscle into your existing physique without removing the old stuff.

As to why muscle augmentation isn't biowear even though it's not inorganic? I guess just ask the original creators who read Neuromancer but forgot the part where metallic cybernetics were considered outrageously old-fashioned technology compared the newer biological augmentation and yet didn't create rules for bioware until years later.
>>
>>51828557
More specifically, a class 3 changeling
>>
File: Magical Society.jpg (94KB, 900x582px) Image search: [Google]
Magical Society.jpg
94KB, 900x582px
>>51828612
Why would you roll a random location that says "exotic", then set it in a fucking forest?

They're investigating reports of a materialized alchera, into which several of Ururbia's local shamanic guardians have entered and never left. The party is to
A) determine the existence of the alchera, and document what is there if it does exist
B) Retrieve any valuable or unique reagents or other magical items of note
C) Locate the missing shamans and bring them back
in that order.

The Lodge also wants access to materials within this alchera (their divination experts predicted it's emergence, and they want to try and stabilize it as part of an metaplanar travel strategy).
>>
>>51826495
If you know the people you're trying to hide from have thermocam, put on something with thermal dampening and drop a regular smoke grenade.

If you drop thermal smoke, they'll know they can't see through it and prepare for you to be in there. If you drop regular smoke w/thermal damping, they'll assume since you're not showing up in thermo that you're not there.

But yeah I agree, it's basically an add-on for a ruthenium polymer suit.
>>
>>51828612
I'd say for an exotic locale, try an experimental area near something striking in that patch of land. The area has been saturated with magical rituals such that it's a bit like being in space. No protection and you start to bake/freeze to death, you float, astral perception is near useless, magic's impeded (although those last two for vastly different reasons).

The what is an artifact being made in the middle of that altered area. If Urubia or any of the dragon's usual workers/minions get near, it'll ruin the projected development of the artifact. The Lodge is either fine with it as is, or it was going to be used to strike at them.
>>
>>51828747
>Why would you roll a random location that says "exotic", then set it in a fucking forest?

The MEET location is exotic, not the location of the run itself, which was in the wilderness.
>>
File: Jade Dragon Club.jpg (208KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Jade Dragon Club.jpg
208KB, 1280x720px
>>51828777
Oh.

"The throne room of a slumlord dragon" is pretty fragging exotic.
>>
>>51828612
>What could be out there in Urubia's jointly-owned land that the Lodge wants and Urubia has/needs but can't find/go get herself on short notice?
Somewhere in that rainforest lies the tunnel that leads to the long lost city of an ancient civilization of molemen. What? It's totally legit.
>>
>>51828747, >>51828754
This is excellent stuff, thanks anons.
Sometimes when I'm Last Minute GM and I ask for advice, even VERY SPECIFIC advice on /tg/, all I get are fucking theorycrafters telling me what to do mechanically as if I didn't know how to play the goddamn game already.

I'm damn glad that /srg/ actually has IMAGINATION still. It seems like half of /tg/ memorize all the rules and exploits and treat /tg/ stuff like a professional sport and forget the part where you need your actual imagination at some point and then wonder why they never play much and can never keep a game going.
>>
>>51828823
Nobody's buying it, Plan 9. Like there's such things as ancient cities under the Earth.
>>
Speaking of imagination, does anyone have that fuck huge PDF of all those mini Shadowrun stories?
>>
>>51828821
I....huh.
You're right, she's got that huge renovated tenament building. That works great actually. Kinda spoils the fact that they will be breaking Rule Number 4, but in my experience actual SR players cannot wait to break that one.
>>
>>51828850
>implying Plan 9
Oh, sure, everybody believes in Atlantis, the continent lost to the ocean, but suggest an underground civilization and suddenly you're crazy!
>>
>>51828850
I mean who the hell would even build that shit?
Dwarves? Eastern European dwarves? Read less fantasy novels!
>>51828886
Sorry; are you Plan 8? Or 10?
Whoever one was the other one in his head.
>>
>>51828858
Is it this one?
roll pls
>>
>>51828909
No, not in the slightest.
>>
>>51828858
>>51828909
Or this one? pls roll
>>
>>51828930
You've once again failed to meet every condition except for "pdf file". I'm normally against this trope, but if I was a villain, I would be 100% justified in killing you right now.
>>
File: Deal With It Dance.gif (2MB, 300x275px) Image search: [Google]
Deal With It Dance.gif
2MB, 300x275px
>>51828959
Hey, it's Shadowrun, it has small pieces of stories, it's at least reasonably sized (I'd call 101 stories huge). Unless you've got more detail, I'm entirely justified in betraying you and fucking the hero.
>>
>>51828909
This is hilarious.
>>
>>51828988

The "FUCK HUGE" one with the stories. I think the page count was around 1,200.
>>
>>51828930
>Pony up the Dough [Sabotage]
>get hired to rig a digital pony race
Oh god, the money I could make if we actually pulled it off.
>>
File: Know More.jpg (231KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
Know More.jpg
231KB, 627x502px
>>51829013
I don't know anything like that. 2D is only ~500 pages and isn't a bunch of small stories (at least not so far as a TV show is).

Is it stories from internet folk, anons, or official shit?
>>
>>51821330
One who'd copped a snootfull of radiation, was newly awoken and, you know, not a great.
>>51822189
Plus it looks like the dragons themselves might have squashed Sirrurg's 'Fuck you, I'm a dragon' ritual since the second that it failed, they came roaring in with their magic tornado to abduct him.
>>
>>51829096
It's the first of three, I think. I only read a bit of it, but now that I'm getting more into shadowrun, I'm trying to find it again.
>>
File: 1465455327805.jpg (280KB, 537x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1465455327805.jpg
280KB, 537x1000px
>>51828909
>>51829000
>Graffiti artists are breaking into houses and tattooing tags on sleeping victims. A rival graffiti artist pays the runners to break in after the first artist and deface their tags.

I would 100% do this run.
>>
>>51827171
There are replacement limbs in Chrome Flesh. IDK what the bonuses from them are though.
>>
>>51828850
I can't wait until they dig up Throal.
>>
>>51829210
It's just regular stats.
It's cloning one of your own limbs and then getting it attached to you.
>>
File: Killer_Croc_(Arkham_Origins).jpg (2MB, 1805x2966px) Image search: [Google]
Killer_Croc_(Arkham_Origins).jpg
2MB, 1805x2966px
How much essence can you comfortably lose as a physadept? I want to play a guy that's basically Killer Croc.
>>
>>51827171
Nope. You get an arm, it's a clonal or a shitty replacement that costs essence. Starts with a standard 3 in stats. Over a month, stats normalise to meet your others depending on use.
>>
>>51829238
Consider being a changeling.
>>
>>51829238
Depends on your initiation. Powers can't be higher than your magic, so if you want someone who's an Eldar Farseer with a novacoke problem, none for that sweet, sweet combat sense. If you want killer croc.. save for some high grade damage resistance stuff. Call it 2.
>>
>>51829226
Apparently they already have.
There was hints about it back in 3e (people locking down the Ukrainian mountains for some unknown reason), and there were "ancient dwarven artifacts" mentioned as being excavated from the region not too long ago in 5e.

Slamm-O! made a crack about how do did know they were even dwarves, unless they had depictions of tiny bearded figures on them.
>>
File: Sharkley.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Sharkley.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51829238
For your consideration.
>>
>>51829268
Oh! Oh! Book? Who was it? Apep (Former Darke colleagues)? DF (Aina and friends)? Atlantean Foundation (Sneaky beaky immortal elf born this world)? Saeder Krupp and the man-dragon?
>>
File: tumblr_o40zh7sXFt1s66jgco4_1280.gif (964KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o40zh7sXFt1s66jgco4_1280.gif
964KB, 720x720px
Anyone know a good set of spells you could use for a magician who hunts rogue/dangerous mages ?

I've run out of non-awakened character ideas and turns out I know very little in the ways of making an anti-mage that's a mage. Already have Counterspelling and Banishing to the max but I don't know what spells or quality combo could be good.
>>
>>51829278
Wait, someone saved the sheet I made? That's oddly flattering.
>>
>>51829315
I like saving unique characters.
>>
>>51829308
Mana static, manascape, mage bolt, mana barrier, flame burst, ruger superwarhawk, sterilize

If you go mysad, lots of ranks in spell resistance, or qi tattoos with it. Spell resistance doesn't diminish in your resistance pool like counterspelling does.
>>
>>51828908
Hey man, I just like the idea of throwing an ancient underground city of molemen at a bunch of players. They'll go in expecting a city that dwarvenkind had made, abandoned and forgotten, but nope, they gotta deal with fucking molemen.
>>
>>51829308
Tell me more about that gif and it's sauce.
>>
File: tumblr_o40zh7sXFt1s66jgco2_1280.gif (360KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o40zh7sXFt1s66jgco2_1280.gif
360KB, 720x720px
>>51829350
Flou on tumblr, she draws cool punk chicks and elves.
>>
>>51829096
It was the 2D. I found it in the mega upload. I honestly don't know where I got the 1200 page thing from. Thanks for trying though.
>>
>>51829347
Good news! Earthroot - read, probably Celedyr - kept a group of mole-lizard men as his pets beneath Ukraine. They'll still be there, breeding away.
>>
>>51829360
Thank you, omae. Feel free to continue posting them as you please.
>>
>>51829245
I don't know why but that feels really dirty. I'll probably end up going with it after reviewing some stuff.

>>51829260
Yeah, that's mostly what I thought. Thanks.

>>51829278
Neat. Sewer dwelling mutant isn't that unique a concept I suppose, though my guy lives there voluntarily rather than out of desperation.
>>
>>51829411
Changeling 3.
P: Claws (7), biosonar, dermal alteration (rhino hide),, fangs, ogre stomach.
N: Berserker, Deformity (Picasso, crocodile face), critter spook, Impaired Attribute (Charisma), Scales
>>
>>51829308
Stunbolt is also good because mages don't tend to have good ways of dealing with stun damage, and very few have Pain Editors.

You may want to initiate into protective magic, as the second bit of metamagic you can get from it lets you absorb force from spells cast on you and then reduce the drain on your next spell cast.
>>
>>51829296
Shadows of Asia, the section on Russia.
The archeological digs (man, archeology is WAY more interesting in the Sixth World isn't it?) were based out of Volgograd, and Saeder-Krupp (biggest megacorp in the USSR) was involved, but so was the Apep Consortium and the Atlantean Foundation. MCT was getting involved too as of the late 2060's.
The Knights of Rage (Celedyr's goons) are mentioned, but so is the Cult of the Dragon.

They also bring up hints of one of the final plot points in Earthdawn's metaplot, Vestrivan's vanishing into the Horror Cloud above the Dead Sea.
Apparently totally random mana storms happen in the middle of the Crimean Sea sometimes, and one sailor mentions his crew sailed into one and "saw things that drove the rest of my men mad", but mostly he something he describes as this; "I don't know if it was a dragon or a demon out of the blackest depths of Hell, but spoke incomprehensible words to me that are seared into my memory."

Amusingly, Shiela Blatavaska (under "Miss Tick") and Lung (under the name Feng Xianshang) comment on it sounding like Vestrivan, and Lung basically says "if it is then let Sunset Blossom (Dvilgaynon) deal with it since it's her fucking mess anyway".
>>
>>51829365
I thought Earthroot was different from Celedyr, since Earthroot was older then Dunklezhan and was Loremaster before him, right?
>>
File: Stunbolt.webm (3MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Stunbolt.webm
3MB, 1000x1000px
>>51829523
>mages don't tend to have good ways of dealing with stun damage

>implying mages don have monster WIL

They're slightly better on average than most folks at taking a mana spell on the chin, as most people don't have Pain Editors
>>
>>51829550
I think the archeology sections are more interesting because I am a massive earthdawn fag who'd fellate Findley's corpse. The Sixth World has the potential to be really interesting, but they can't really decide what to make it. It's either fucking Manhattan or Chicago/Lagos, and they have this amazing talent to make everything in between seem really bland.

>>51829564
Earthroot is a generation younger than Ghostwalker/Dunkelzahn.
>>
>>51829576
It's rare to get more than 6 Will on an enemy. And if you have room for Witness My Hate, this would be an okay use for it and some reagents.

Cast low force, reagent up to a higher limit, and enjoy. It's up to you if you'd rather a point in Alchemy to get more drams for free, or just buy a lot with nuyen.

It's not like a quarter karma of nuyen won't get you way too many drams.
>>
>>51829653
And the LM collection went, uh, Thermail, Vasdenjas, Dunkelzahn, Lofwyr, Hestaby, Celedyr as far as I know.
>>
>>51829653
>I think the archeology sections are more interesting because I am a massive earthdawn fag who'd fellate Findley's corpse.
Whenever I say "archeology run" to my group it's generally a code word for "Earthdawn references ahoy", so I'm right there with you. And anyone who can write Harlequin and NOT make him annoying has got some kinda talent.
>It's either fucking Manhattan or Chicago/Lagos, and they have this amazing talent to make everything in between seem really bland.
Not sure what you mean by that.
Meaning it's either like Manhatten (highly controlled and regulated) or Chicago/Loas (lawless hellhole) and nothing in between? Or do you mean something else entirely.
>Earthroot is a generation younger than Ghostwalker/Dunkelzahn.
Riiight, I was thinking of Vasdenjas, the "Smarmy Know-It-All Professor" GD, who like Dunk liked sharing his knowledge with metahumans but unlike Dunk was ridiculously condensceding about it.
>>
>>51829742
Just that. Cities are either really tightly regulated and controlled or lawless hellholes. The ones in between come off as bland. Seattle's a good setting. Lots of extraterritoriality, bad areas. And yet I'm hard pressed to name anything particularly interesting about it this edition aside from "Barrens" and "Aztech pyramid".
>>
>>51829653
Earthroot was an Eastern Dragon though? And Celedyr is Western.
>>
>>51829770
Yeah, but 5e is awful in a number of ways.
It lacks TONS of really basic descriptions and acts under the idea that everyone playing 5e is already familiar with the world and 4e specifically, and thus is just really awful at communicating the setting.
>>
File: Obsidiman.jpg (129KB, 458x550px) Image search: [Google]
Obsidiman.jpg
129KB, 458x550px
As this seems to be the right time, is there a good primer on Earthdawn? Some sort of condensed version of the story of the 4th Age, or something that points out the parts that tie into Shadowrun?

It seems cool, but I really don't have the time to read an entire line's worth of books.
>>
>>51829784
You know, for some reason I've always had it in my head that Celedyr was a fucking Sirrush, like Aden.
>>51829812
The first embezzlement revelations and the quitting of the freelancers sent it spiralling down into shit. It sucks. 5e, later 4e. It has some great ideas, but does nothing with them.
>>
File: Maersk_container_2.png (96KB, 240x209px) Image search: [Google]
Maersk_container_2.png
96KB, 240x209px
Question

So lets say a runner team gets hired to an exclusive contract with Wuxing - that being, open bounty on Maersk container ships, with a sum to be paid with each container ship sunk.

How much money would that pay out? How much would the bounty per ship be?
>>
>>51829812
One thing I recently encountered was that most of the animals in Howling Shadows are lacking both pictures and descriptions. It's kind of outrageous.
>>
File: Devil Jack Diamond.png (465KB, 738x535px) Image search: [Google]
Devil Jack Diamond.png
465KB, 738x535px
>>51829838
Don't remind me of that bullshit. Even trying to find out what animal it's an Awakened version of is a crapshoot.
>>
>>51829825
danvolodar.ru/ancientfiles/index.html for a crossover examination. Uh, the 4th age basically is: Everyone woke up and went to shit, then fled into the kaers. Then they came out when they realised magic wasn't going down like it should, because the Therans, magical nazi greeks, built the twin towers out of orichalcum, and enchanted it. The entire thing is a called the 'age of legend', when the people of Barsaive and the surrounding nations (Ukraine is barsaive, others ring the mediterranean) resist Thera while trying to drive back the remnants of the Horrors, interdimensional cthulu who can crosswhen the mana level is high enough. And then there's a shitload of power plays, politicking and the like going on. The rest of the world isn't quite as much of a clusterfuck, but it's up there. Eventually a shitfight in Thera caused an enchanted sphinx to wake up and cause a huge volcanic eruption, annihilating the island and bringing the magical age to an end.
>>
>>51829831
>You know, for some reason I've always had it in my head that Celedyr was a fucking Sirrush, like Aden
Celedyr is a Western and Earthroot was probably his Sire, and though that's odd for dragons it isn't impossible and another dragon who's coloring strongly matched Celedyr's (Nightsky) is Earthroot's apprentice, and inherited his ability to meld and dig through the earth. Since Celedyr is the only Sixth World Dragon with this power....
>>51829838
Fucking RIGHT? Jesus Christ.
>>
File: Pirate.jpg (15KB, 236x386px) Image search: [Google]
Pirate.jpg
15KB, 236x386px
>>51829833
>exclusive contract
>thinking there isn't entire islands in the South Pacific whose economies revolve around their pirate kin taking out shipping fleets and claiming the bounties.

It would pay out hundreds of thousands of nuyen per ship, because it costs millions of nuyen to have fleet and crew capable of taking out the heavily armed convoys that are international shipping
>>
>>51829909
Earthroot wouldn't be his sire; shaping the eggs makes them into their own variety of dragon. It's why the sea dragon was so pissed about hestaby holding eggs for Rhonabwy. And in the strictly paternal sense, earthroot was driven out of cathay because he picked a fight with someone, probably the thunder dragon. Which is why I thought he was a sirrush, most exiled dragons seem happy to go east instead of west over there.
>>
>>51829936

So, the idea of infiltrating the seattle docks and planting C4 charges on the hull is entirely out of the question?
>>
>>51829964
*driven out of cathay; so any eggs would have become eastern if he left them there.
>>
File: 1486451794461.jpg (134KB, 900x1273px) Image search: [Google]
1486451794461.jpg
134KB, 900x1273px
>>51829890
Thanks.

So why did the Therans build the Twin Towers of Fuck? Are they in league with the Horrors, or did they just decide that they wanted lots of magic and fuck everyone else?

Also, did they ever say what happened to the kaers post-bunkertime? Did people still try and live in them, or ditch them immediately for the surface? Did they wall them off intentionally, or did they get accidentally buried?
>>
>>51829825
The Fourth Age had a bit less metaplot, but basically this >>51829890 is what happened.
The Scourge (Horror invasion) came along and buttfucked everyone, and the only survivors (well, mostly) lived in Kaers, underground strongholds and cities. The dwarves of Throal were kinda the biggest nation in Barsaive.
Thera (Atlantis) was another survivor and survived with a lot more magical assets and used their technology to "extended" the Fourth Age's manacycle much longer then it should have gone, and also promptly began to conqouer the world after the Scourge ended, leading to all the politics of the setting.

One of the reasons they can't find Thera/Atlantis in modern day is because it never actually sank; it collapsed and most of it's high-grade magical technology fell apart, but the island itself is actually still a real island in real life.
>>
>>51829985
It was more like 5-8 towers of 'Fuck off magic, we're in charge now'.

They built them because they knew about the mystic cycle, and wanted it to be there forever. Prior to the scourge, they went around kicking the living shit out of dragons offering rites of protection against the coming scourge with stone airships powered by the screaming sacrifices of thousands of slaves. Then they told everyone else that they'd be happy to give them rites of protection, if only they'd swear eternal loyalty to the new Theran Empire post scourge. Naturally, everyone did. Lots of them sort of ignored it, Barsaive especially, after the scourge ended.

Kaers: No way to communicate. Kaers were supposed to open when a piece of true earth suspended above a piece of true water finally touched, but the towers of fuck you magic I'm the boss prevented that. So many stayed sealed, the rites cutting off all potential information from the outside. Some people went around exploring, trying to find and open them. Others fell in the scourge, and were infested with cadaver men, horror constructs or horrors themselves. Some people tried to live in them - citadels were the above ground ones, made of true air and fire, and some few survived. Throal, the dwarven capital, was one such kaer as I remember. People lived in that. Lots of bad memories in the kaers, though, so a lot were left abandoned. Cleaned out, stripped of anything valuable, then people GTFO.
>>
>>51829964
Nightsky's history mentions he was sired by one type of dragon but hatched by another.
>>51829985
>So why did the Therans build the Twin Towers of Fuck? Are they in league with the Horrors, or did they just decide that they wanted lots of magic and fuck everyone else?

No, they first did it to preserve the world and their culture actually.
And then when they were better off after the Scourge ended they did what most groups with lots of power do; they abused the shit out of it and took over their neighbors, in theory for their own good but mostly because they could.

>Also, did they ever say what happened to the kaers post-bunkertime? Did people still try and live in them, or ditch them immediately for the surface? Did they wall them off intentionally, or did they get accidentally buried?

They became D&D dungeons, mostly.
No, really. The entire setting was subtly about justifying the shit that you do in D&D and making it make sense rather then something that's just in the game setting because Gygax and Arnesson did it first so now you must do it too.
In practice Kaers were kinda like Vaults in Fallout; some worked and had people who moved out later, some didn't move out, some didn't work and everyone died but left all their cool shit behind and so brace explorers could go find it.

One of the Vaults had the ruins of a pre-Scourge civilization that was taken over by a bunch of pre-Horror invader spirits called the "Invae" who posssed people's bodies to inhabit our world.
Sound familiar?
>>
>>51830076
*Throal was one such underground kaer, the difference being that a kaer was underground and shielded with regular soil/stone and True Earth plus enchantments. Citadels were not so hidden, obviously. There were probably true water underwater ones, I think some of the t'skrang used them in rivers and the Leviathans had them to seal their lairs, but I'm not sure. The only known True Wood 'kaer' was the wyrm wood and that ended.. poorly.
>>
>>51830117
Yeah, that's how draconic culture works. You sire a shitload of eggs, then go bother a great to raise it for you and they shape it telepathically into their own 'type', as well as jamming in all those draconic manners that they need.
>>
File: USS Cole Attack.jpg (131KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
USS Cole Attack.jpg
131KB, 960x720px
>>51829974
It's a hell of a lot easier than attacking them in transit.

The thing is that C4 is not the bomb you want to use, and you can't just stick it on the side and book it. 300kg of C4 delivered right to the USS Cole holed it but did no structural damage to the keel - they sealed the compartments and towed that bitch to dry-dock. To try and sink a modern ship, you need a ton of high-grade explosives in many specific places to cause enough damage that the very fabric of the ship is so ruined it cannot float. Not to mention that the Maersk dock would be very well guarded by people who don't give a fuck about shooting someone who is accidentally trespassing.

Being paid to blow up a container ship in dock is definitely a shadowrun, it's just one that would require a demolitions expert of great skill and nautical knowledge, along with either a fantastic infiltration team or enough muscle to make Magus ver Magnusson feel inadequate.
>>
>>51830119
Throal is basically the ONLY reason dwarves live underground in Earthdawn too, they actually weren't any more inclined to it then anyone else.
>>
>>51830133
Trollish unarmed lovetap bioadepts. Rent himself out to shipping companies for insurance fraud, then have someone drive a dinghy up to the side while he goes all street-fighter-car-destruction-stage on it.
>>
>>51830076
I like how it says the Denierestas Clan survived the Scourge not by hiding being Veils or in Kaers but by being so fucking hardcore with the magic that they collectively just blasted apart any Horrors that came for them.

And those guys PROBABLY became the Black Lodge, eventually.
>>
To the Earthdawn guys, did the Horrors have a leader of some kind, one that could be behind Aztlan and Aztechnology?
>>
>>51830178
>Denierestas Clan

Google says those are dragon-blooded humans...

Drakes, Immortal Elves, or something else that hasn't shown up in SR yet?

Also, aren't the Horrors basically made of super-magic? How did a bunch of (relative) scrubs put up a fight on their turf? Was Uncle right, and magic must defeat magic?
>>
>>51830178
I suppose when you've got a million twisted experiments in your basement who are also your kids, a great who told the others to get fucked, you don't control my dick and a racial superiority complex you tend to develop a bit of a thing about not being chased off.

Shame about the lore going off the rails. Those turbo feral vampires the Ordos were making had the Denny's fingerprints all over it. I'm inclined to think that the BL were supposed to be them NOW, but there's been some palace intrigue that drove them out. I think we went over this a few threads ago. MJ12 vs the Illuminati in Deus Ex?

>>51830207
In the draconic creation myth, Verjigorm ruled the world as an unending protean hell. He's a horror powerful enough to personally teabag most great dragons at once. But in the Aztlan book they talk about a great Eastern dragon wtih writing black patches on his aura. That's corruption, a clear sign of horror taint. So he's definitely the unnamed dragon on the Aztech board of directors. I'd need to go dig up my Cathay books, but I know there was at least one Eastern who threw his lot in with the 'twelve great monsters'.

Aztech also probably had at least one ancient blood spirit helping it, since rites performed on a power site correctly could sustain one, barely, through the downtime. It'd be wasted and tormented by the start of the sixth world, though, with the whole Spanish Invasion thing cutting off the sacrifices. If I had to guess, the dragon is something like Vestrivan - a horror merged dragon, but one who took to the whole merging process much better than Vessy ever did.
>>
>>51830258
>Those turbo feral vampires the Ordos were making had the Denny's fingerprints all over it

If it makes you feel better, Infected are going more feral recently, developing more powerful expressions of their powers and a stronger thirst for Essence. Maybe that's coming back because one of the writers is in the same camp you are. Or maybe it's the editors ramping it up to 6e when infected will not be playable at all.

Either way, it's nice.
>>
File: IMG_4079.jpg (134KB, 584x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4079.jpg
134KB, 584x800px
>>51830221
Nope, literally humans who mated with a dragon in human form and had kids with him. It's SUPER illegal in dragon culture (the last time it happened the Immortal Elves were created), and Denirestas was called "the Outcaste" for doing it and was basically a criminal. None of the other GD's knew he was alive, I don't think.
They could just do it because pappy was a GD and they ALL trained under him so literally every single one was a high-class Wizard. It was kinda implied that Denny was basically building up and army if supersoldiers to go fuck up the GD's for banishing him.
>>51830207
Naw, they didn't really roll that way.
That said, the most powerful known Horror was Verjigorm, the Hunter of Hunters, who made even GD's piss themselves.
Horrors basically "choose" what they want their physical existence to look and function like and this locks them into that shape as long as they are on our plane. This also tends to give them weaknesses they didn't intend and makes them killable of you're clever and smart because as soon as they start following any set of rules they gaib flaws just like anything else.

The issue was that Verjigorm ("The Big V") choose it's Pattern based on this simple concept; "I want to hunt and kill Great Dragons".
It of course made him the most powerful being in existence.
>>
>>51830221
Denairastas is the Outcast, a dragon who couldn't keep it in his pants. He ran the earthdawn city of Iopos and wouldn't stop fucking a woman from before the Scourge. Dragonkin are any race created by a dragon banging a 'namegiver' in human form, IE, metahumans. Elves, dwarves, humans, etc. All could be dragonblooded.

They always had some sort of deformity related to their blood, an innate astral sight ability, some enhanced willpower and perception. They sometimes became bestial, and the deformity severity varied. They'd often live anything up to a hundred years longer than normal, sometimes even more. You could make one as an SR changeling using 4e rules if you wanted. More of them tended to be mages. After a few generations, the blood was diluted enough that any changes pretty much dissolved forever.

Before you ask, yes, the Immortal Elves are all Dragonkin. The difference is that they were altered in the womb (Probably) with Draconic Ritual Magic to make them properly immortal and less freakish. Or maybe out of it, but I doubt it. They were to be stewards for the downcycle for their dragon masters. Then they rebelled. Making them had been banned for millenia, which is why when the OUtcast wouldn't keep his dick in his pants he was exiled.
>>
>>51830321
I think that's actually 'Pat' writing them, and he's said he doesn't like the infected as a playable group, thus the reasoning. Nice to think about, though. Who knows, maybe there's a super secret regular Nosferatu group around.
>>
>>51830258
>Shame about the lore going off the rails. Those turbo feral vampires the Ordos were making had the Denny's fingerprints all over it. I'm inclined to think that the BL were supposed to be them NOW, but there's been some palace intrigue that drove them out. I think we went over this a few threads ago. MJ12 vs the Illuminati in Deus Ex?

Yeah, that was me back then.
>>
Wait, does Shadowrun world have a creationist type origin story or did the dinosaurs actually exist?
>>
>>51830353
Yeah, it's just Goodman giving a random excuse for making Infected NPC only.
He is REALLY disliked Infected PC's. Like, an abnormally large hatred for them.
>>
>>51830370
Both!

The draconic creation myth is probably bullshit. Basically, anywhere from 30k-100k years ago was all Verjigorm's shit. Then the first dragon bravely bitchslapped magic hard enough to turn it into a sinewave, creating the mana cycle. According to other dragons. So slight conflict of interest there. If I had to guess, draconic ritual magic probably exacerbated the mana cycle to create true down times and kick out the horrors entirely, rather than constant low level bullshit. Like +10 to -10 mana, compared to what was probably +2 to -2 before.
>>
File: Ghoul Chick.jpg (343KB, 800x1339px) Image search: [Google]
Ghoul Chick.jpg
343KB, 800x1339px
>>51830390
Only ghouls ever really work as PCs, and even barely. Everything else is too powerful and frankly too damn predatory. It's only the wishy-washy 'ghouls can eat human meat that's been dead an indeterminate amount of time" stuff that keeps them barely playable.
>>
>>51830370
Nope. They totally existed, probably in the First Age.
The reason dragons are missing from the fossil record is because they don't do much DYING unless you kill them and because even in modern day there's a handful of them, around 4000 tops.
That said, though the dragons are the oldest race their creation myth is STILL just a myth; they aren't sure if it's true or not.

Verjigorm is their Satan because Verjigorm is the most terrifying thing ever so they made him their Satan; none of the dragons are old enough to remember if their myths are true or not.
>>
>>51830442
I know, and I do that too in my games.
But if players want the option, give it to them and leave it to individual GM's to say no, don't try to outlaw everything because a vampire buttfucked you as a child or whatever Goodman's butthurt was.
>>
File: Infected Punks.jpg (73KB, 736x476px) Image search: [Google]
Infected Punks.jpg
73KB, 736x476px
>>51830471
Another situation and I'd be on your side. But I think Goodman is a good enough rules guy that I want to see him go HAM on HMHVV and really bring the variants out as monsters, without having to worry about PC balance.
>>
File: 1446290125228.jpg (145KB, 624x950px) Image search: [Google]
1446290125228.jpg
145KB, 624x950px
>>51830133

Well shit.

Guess im going back to the drawing board to figure out just what Wuxing would hire Seattle Shadowrunners to actually do.

Fuck I hate running this game sometimes
>>
>>51830471
Yeah, he's just a dickbag. His way or the highway. FINISH THE FUCKING ERRATA, PAT.
>>51830442
Gnawers aren't so ultra-predatory. They only really need bones.
>>51830598
Man, they already are monsters. You're running something that needs to eat someone's body and soul to survive.
>>
File: ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED.jpg (86KB, 650x519px) Image search: [Google]
ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED.jpg
86KB, 650x519px
>>51830603
Feng Shui commandos. Piracy on the (low) seas. Yeah, blasting old ships apart - break in and do enough damage to fuck the ship completely. The thing doesn't have to sink. Being particularly ornery cargo - Hide inside a shipping container, take over and give the ship to wuxing half way out, so they can have 'recovered' it from pirates and quash some rumours about them screwing everyone else over. Hiring them to hack port authority computers to muck about their rivals. Helping their pet triads with whatever they need.
>>
>>51830258
> a horror merged dragon, but one who took to the whole merging process much better than Vessy ever did.
Which is kinda funny since the Despoiler willingly merged with the Horror, right?
I mean, it gave him a nasty-ass case of schizophrenia, but willingly merging is about as "okay" as you're gonna get.
>>
>>51830648
Sort of. He wanted to learn their magic since he'd mastered every sort of magic there was. He summoned it to learn, realised that wouldn't work, so summoned it into himself to subjugate its spirit. Took 40 years or so, but the horror won. It was still merging at the time of his death, since Vestrivan was being seen less and less, apparently, and the proper horror coming out more and more. I get that probably sounds condescending, but there aren't regular earthdawn threads so I'm trying to make it seem reasonable and easy to follow for anyone else reading it with an interest in the SR background lore.
>>
File: 39-1.jpg (90KB, 501x300px) Image search: [Google]
39-1.jpg
90KB, 501x300px
>>51830603
I love the bones of the idea, and Ghost knows Maersk needs more facetime.

Here's an idea: Wuxing hires the runners to infiltrate a manufacturing facility that outsources to Maersk for shipping and tamper with some products, changing shipping labels and such.

A couple days later, they get an urgent call from their fixer to do a follow-up job; the parts are going down to the docks, but there's an unexpected checkpoint where the goods will be examined. The PCs need to deal with the checkpoint and convoy in such a way that the shipment makes it on time and unmolested.

the changes made to the manifests in the first job allowed another team to plant a fuckhueg bomb in a Maersk container. The party may or may not discover the switch, and be forced to either try and defuse the bomb and risk both themselves and future jobs from Wuxing (who won't admit that there was even a bomb to be messed with, but will know who did it) or to send a couple hundred sailors to the Sea Dragon's Locker
>>
File: I Like You.jpg (82KB, 465x600px) Image search: [Google]
I Like You.jpg
82KB, 465x600px
>>51830709
>I'm trying to make it seem reasonable and easy to follow for anyone else reading it with an interest in the SR background lore.

And we appreciate it.
>>
>>51830645
>that image
>rather obviously taken at the Seattle Center Fountain
why am I not surprised.
>>
File: Dorkula.jpg (244KB, 582x900px) Image search: [Google]
Dorkula.jpg
244KB, 582x900px
>>51830610
They're monsters, but they could be so much cooler monsters if they could just get scads of critter powers without breaking the game. I love Night's Dark Masters for WFRP2e because it was, "Here's All The Cool Vampire Shit, You Can Try To Make PCs If You Want But Really Don't These Are Just For TPKs: The Book."
>>
>>51830742
SR and ED are pretty damn lore-sense for trpg's, partially due to how SR kind of did this whole "we'll drop hints but figure the rest out for yourself" mentality.
>>
>>51830792
I think it's just the roleplay/gm responsibility to make them seem monstrous. They're already pretty horrific. I just can't think of what could make them more horrifying in the critter power domain. Maybe something like manipulate magic for a strain of non-sapient infectees, turn them into thaumavores who fly through the world, consuming foci and wards and preparations as they go? Or hivemind variants, still non-sapient, who are just ridiculously clever and intuitive hunters that retain their pre-infection skills. So those three ghouls chasing you toward a dormant shredder have two up above who are busy working a machine to turn it on, all working in perfect harmony despite being no more sapient than your average gameboy?

I unno.
>>
File: Harvester.png (175KB, 250x636px) Image search: [Google]
Harvester.png
175KB, 250x636px
>>51830845
Honestly hivemind is one of the first things I think of. There's already a critter power like that (Gestalt Consciousness), and it makes sense for stuff like gnawers and the other pack-oriented Infected. Plus it gives one explanation for why some ghouls turn feral, even at a much later date; things click in their mind and they're suddenly tuned into Radio Free Cannibal, and it is impossible to keep the desires from taking over.

And you could take stuff like nosferatu, wendigo and harvesters and dial it up to 11. Make it a solo creature that is actually the stuff of nightmares, with a whole suite of crazy powers melded to a brain that's anywhere from superhuman to barely sentient.
>>
In the howling shadows book, there's a power called 'fold perception'. Not listed anywhere but for the Croki. Anyone know what it was suppsoed to be?
>>
>>51830845, >>51830902
I think the easiest way to do it is to make the Infected that embrace their more monsterous nature rather then fight it constantly a lot more powerful, while making PC ones weaker.
>>
>>51830965
Well, we were talking about the BL's turbo vampires earlier. They were way more powerful and bestial, as well as more vulnerable to light of any kind. Leave the current infected as they are, and then add in the 'bestial' options that strip mind and thought to make htem more powerful.
>>
File: IMG_4083.jpg (52KB, 316x408px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4083.jpg
52KB, 316x408px
I never knew what I really wanted the Infected in SR to be like until I read this character in Battle Angel, then I got it.

Admittedly not a lot of cyberpunk vampire stories out there.
>>
>>51827325
>>51827171

There are Bioware replacements for lost limbs.
>>
>>51830792
>They're monsters, but they could be so much cooler monsters if they could just get scads of critter powers without breaking the game.
Yeah ... no. Reducing their access to critter powers was one of the best changes made to Infected PCs since their inception. It's just never going to be balanced to throw critter power after critter power at players.
>>
File: light_hardened_milspec.jpg (74KB, 485x750px) Image search: [Google]
light_hardened_milspec.jpg
74KB, 485x750px
So guys, I'm looking at getting my hands on some hardened milspec armour for my character. Unfortunately, wearing milspec is the exact opposite of laying low, and would draw a lot of undue attention. Any conceivable ways of disguising the milspec so that it's not obvious just by looking at it what it is?
The GM has said no to Fashion, and yes to Phantasm or Trid Phantasm, but I want to try for something that I don't have to sustain and can't be dispelled.
>>
>>51831211
Ruthenium Polymer Coating.
>>
>>51831223
And a cloak for when you're standing still, since it's apparently better than regular ruthenium with the errata.
>>
>>51831236
Hmm.

>[RPC pre-errata] The base modifer to a Perception Test to spot the wearer is –(Rating), adjusted by the extent of the suit; full +2, almost full +1, half +0
>[RPC errata] The base modifier to a Perception Test to spot the wearer is -(Rating), adjusted by the extent of the suit; full +0, almost full +1, half +2
>[Coat] The base modifier to a Perception Test to spot the wearer is -(Rating + 2) while stationary and -(Rating - 1) while moving.

Pre-errata and coat seem to run on the same logic of -(Rating+X), while errata assumes -(Rating)+X. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hard Targets get errata, too.
>>
>>51831366
Is it terrible that I've ignored literally everything about the stupid overcomplexity of 5e RPC and just used the old rules for it?
Because fuck me the morons who designed some of 5e's rules should not ever be allowed to write again.
>>
>>51831211
Cosplay. Normal or mecha.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4WmgxismKA
>>
>>51831501
Nah.
>>
>>51831507
Shadowrunners need stilts/lifts to mess with visual and gait recognition.
>>
So I was rereading Attitude for info (our current group is a Shadowband and so researching music seemed right), and I noticed that there was a successful but brief-lived musician called Dark Angel who'a final album was called "Earthdawn: The Scourge".
Both the singer and his manager/wife vanished mysteriously in a fire and their bodies were never recovered.

I didn't know about Earthdawn before this thread so I didn't catch that when I first read Attitude, but now I get it.
>>
>>51831744
Check Dunkelzahn's will. That album has had a lot of problems, and he had to leave them a stupid amount of nuyen to get it off the ground after the constant assassination attempts.
>>
>>51831797
I remember hearing somewhere that some of the Secret Clubhouse actively attempted to hush up any factual information about the Fourth World, especially the Tir elves who talked a lot of shit about their "ideal" ancient roots and didn't want anyone to know that elves were just as flawed and as fucked as everyone else.

Also likely because some of those historical figures spoken of were the IE's themselves and nobody wants to have a leader who's dictator for life when they will live literally forever.
>>
>>51831910
Basically. Alachia was the worst for it. She's the oldest of them all, if not the strongest. She really, really likes power. Dunkelzahn was odd because he was inclined to actually tell people thinks. Lung is, too, because he's one of those rare dragons who thinks metahumanity has a destiny other than as a draconic servitor species. But not quite as media-slutty as Dunky. People who talk about that sort of thing tend to die.
>>
>>51825734
Is it really that simple? I read that a dram of reagents only cost 20 nuyen. Is there a catch?
>>
>>51831956
>Alachia was the worst for it.
She's also bat-shit crazy.
A lot of the IE's are really unstable, but she's so old that she's old even to the other IE's and she'd probably be worthy of institutionalization if it wasn't for her personal power and wealth.
Lung seems be a bit different from The Big D in that rather then inform them and let them make their own life choices he seems to think they need to be "guided", though they might need to be smacked once or twice before they properly learn.

He also sided with Lofwyr during the Dragon War thing, but that was written by the people who ended up writing 5e so who fuckin' knows how much research they bothered to do?
>>
>>51832116
Lung's big on hierarchy. He's a cross between taoist and confucian ethics. Alamais was a frothing maniac who wanted to annihilate draconic society, Lofwyr was the rightful loremaster. Makes sense.

He routinely released servants in the 4th world when they asked though, so there's that. He's not an uber slave master. The triads are happy to enslave themselves, weirdly enough.
>>
>>51831211
Put a mascot costume over it.
>>
>>51831211
Why would you want milspec anyway? I mean, there are suits of armor out there that don't paint a giant target on your back.
I feel I'm missing something about milspec armor other than "ignores small arms fire".
>>
>>51832895
It used to be a semi-viable alternative to some forms of augmentation. Fortunately they nixed that with fifth edition.
>>
How Extensively is your BOD attribute used outside of damage and the two skills related to it?

I'm debating between Having 2 BOD and Titanium Lacing, or just having 4 BOD. Would a 2 to my BOD be horrible starting out?
>>
File: feng shui commando.gif (2MB, 201x145px) Image search: [Google]
feng shui commando.gif
2MB, 201x145px
>>51830645
>>51830714

Cool, those are great ideas, I can work with that, thanks!

>Feng Shui commandos
What even is this - a shadowrunner team hired to go into a rival corp and move all their furniture around in not-so-obvious ways, while poisoning all the plants?
>>
>>51833075
There's actually a run where you do just that in SR:HK

Quick question before the thread ends. Do changeling children inherit their parents traits?
>>
>>51833046
3 bod is a sweet spot. Bone lacing does not give you an actual point in body.
>>
>>51833139
We don't actually have much info on it yet; children of parents who are changelings at the absolute oldest would be only 10 to 12 years old as of 2078.
Very rarely are we given much info on very young children in the Sixth World.
>>
>>51833267
I'd assume it would be something apparent from birth though, like how orcs have kids who are also orcs from day one.
>>
>>51833289
I would assume too, but we just don't have any info on it that I recall right now.
They don't talk much about preschool and grade school kids in SR material.
>>
>>51833139
The answer is 'Maybe?' Whether SURGE characteristics will express or not depends partly on the ambient magic level.
>>
>>51833267
>10 to 12 years old as of 2078
An adult ork then?
>>
>>51830158
>That mental image of a swanboat being pedalled alongside an oil-tanker while some half-naked troll goes full ATATATATATATATATAATATATATATA on the hull
My fucking sides
>>
>>51833267
>Very rarely are we given much info on very young children in the Sixth World.
In recent editions, perhaps. 3e is a veritable font of information on everything 5e isn't.
>>
>>51833046
Get 3 BOD for the additonal Physical Box over 2 BOD.
Add Alphaware Plastic Bonelacing on top of it.
Thread posts: 337
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.