[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT "Oh yeah, that happened"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 404
Thread images: 38

File: Female ghostbuster.png (472KB, 407x581px) Image search: [Google]
Female ghostbuster.png
472KB, 407x581px
>>
>>51816264
In Chronicles of Darkness, Gamergate was caused by a drider-like creature called Null Snyper who gets off on spewing online hatred
>>
File: World of Tumblr.png (876KB, 831x1076px) Image search: [Google]
World of Tumblr.png
876KB, 831x1076px
>>51816280
>>
>>51816285
>adolescent man-children
teenage adult-kids
>>
>>51816285
As wholly as I disapprove of and cringe at this shit in RPG rulebooks, this also contains one of the most objective and succinct summation of Goobergait I've ever seen.

Still has no place in a sourcebook though, very unprofessional and not contributing to the discussion just the circle jerk of those who already agree or who won't be open to changing their mind to something coming from this space.
>>
>>51816280

You know, what surprises me is that they never make these terrifying. Like, it's the World of DARKNESS. Shouldn't Gamergate be, like, fearsome masked killers who are like the droogs from A Clockwork Orange? You know, gleeful murderers whose exploits get cheered on by the public?
>>
>>51816388
>anon describes usable-if-zany antagonists for a WoD campaign
>implying they created this content to contribute to the games people are purchasing this material to run
>further implying they're not just using it as a platform for "political 'satire.' "
>>
Why can't people leave tabletop games alone? We don't need genderfluid pansexual monkeycats or übermensch aryan jewhunters with a bonus to gas.
>>
>>51816648
that's racist and transphobic, Anon. Don't play Gatekeeper for your community, be more inclusive
>>
>>51816264
Literally one of the worst planeswalkers ever printed. I remember all you fags being like "w-well B/W needs a blink walker, trust me, it'll be expensive guys!" I have never seen anyone play this card.
>>
>>51816693
How dare you insult a strong, independent Womyn of Colour that needs no players
>>
>>51816670
Sorry mate but I have to ban religious, racial, orientation, and gender minorities plus women for the safety of myself and my group.

This is a recent thing, by the way.
>>
>>51816700
See, I don't care about any of "that". If it was a good card, I'd play it, and that's all there is to it. If I was a strong independent black genderfluid pansexual, I'd be more pissed that I'm being represented poorly on shitty cardboard then by not being represented in the game at all.
>>
>>51816670
Nerdshit is 90% Gatekeeping revolving around whether or not you can spare an hour to memorize how to role dice and obtain the derived stats of your characters. At least in the tabletop scene.

I've been in games where we gloss over buying shit and go slaughter trash mobs and then spend time sorting out loot to min/max to the extreme and focus on dungeon crawling with social shit being glossed over in favor of collecting goblin skulls.

I've been in games where we spend a whole session buying trucks and have a hyper lethal engagement with a scout force from an invading army and loose half our cohort and all the fucking combat is like that so we try to avoid it as much as possible and stack things in our favor.

If you want a group you can game with you fucking gatekeep and kick out anyone who fucks with your fun.
>>
>>51816314
>this also contains one of the most objective and succinct summation of Goobergait I've ever seen.

0/10. I thought "gamergate" was dumb, but calling that anything but a one-sided self delusion is the kind of bullshit that was half of what made gamergate gain momentum in the first place.
>>
>>51816730
>fuck your cool and good flicker commander nerds!
>enjoy this unplayable mess of a shitty character who is hollier than thou
>they also tried to act like she was the first black walker until people remembered tezzeret and koth
>also btw she cant even mechanically deal with brago fuck you
>>
File: yepthisiscanon.jpg (214KB, 481x1423px) Image search: [Google]
yepthisiscanon.jpg
214KB, 481x1423px
>>
>>51816730
I mean, the card was a decent exploration of planeswaker mechanics but it was just poorly realised, like whenever new ground is broken
>>
>>51817220
>explore equipment
>its great
>explore vehicles
>its great
>make a walker than can reset itself
>there is no design space for it so its god awful
>>
>>51816693
She's still expensive though, or was when i sold my foil
>>
>>51817246
>explore equipment
>it's a great idea but massive mistakes are made that ruin the meta for a while
>explore vehicles
>it's a great idea but a massive mistake runs standard for a while
>explore a walker with a unique ability
>it's cool but really underpowered and kind of dissapointing

Would you rather she was the next Mindsculptor or Lili of the Veil?
>>
>>51816308

A+ writing. 2e WoD sure is a gem.
>>
>>51817259
You mean the ultra super duper secret rare ghost alternate art foil? Ya, I can see that being expensive.
>>
>>51817267
She isnt exploring anything, stop trying to grasp for straws to defend your failure waifu. No card you play can hurt you more than this shit, even one with nothing has a use.
>>
>>51817305
I'm sorry, I must have missed the previous planeswalker that flickered itself? I'm not even saying the card is good, I just think that it was cool how they found a new design direction for walkers and made a walker that has no plus ability but is still very distinct from Sarkhan the mad
>>
>>51817101
>they also tried to act like she was the first black walker until people remembered tezzeret and koth

And Teferi, for that matter...

Wait, is Tezzert black? He doesn't look black.

>>51817305
Yeah, she's really...lackluster. Maybe if she had a proper Ultimate, or if her 0 ability could be used at Instant speed (but still only 1/turn).
>>
>>51817271
It's not like there was a normal foil.
It's just a shitty planeswalker, but foil, same rarity as other foil walkers from unpopular sets
>>
>>51817323
>I'm sorry, I must have missed the previous planeswalker that flickered itself?

Venser the Sojourner.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=266078
>>
File: Gatekeeper of Malakir.full.jpg (158KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
Gatekeeper of Malakir.full.jpg
158KB, 480x680px
>>51816264
>Black women in a non-plot relevant set.
Call me when she joins the justice league and kills Bolas, then I'll be upset.

>>51816280
>>51816285
There are 10,000 better ways to write a more interesting antagonist. Tzeentch with internet access would have been awesome, instead we get cringe worthy political commentary.

>>51816670
>Don't play Gatekeeper for your community
I fucking love that card though.

>>51817330
>Wait, is Tezzert black? He doesn't look black.
Blame WotC homogenized but still random as fuck art.
>>
>>51817330
He looks a lot less black on his first card than he does on the newest card, but a few walkers have gone through that sort of process. I guess since he has dreadlocks?
>>
File: tmp_526-Image.ashx(2)379964790.png (132KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_526-Image.ashx(2)379964790.png
132KB, 223x311px
>>51817330
hes half black
>>51817323
She was designed for multiplayer and all she does it paint a target on your head and hurt you, shes a durdley bulk mythic that just happens to be a planeswalker.
>>
File: Jason_momoa.jpg (11KB, 242x336px) Image search: [Google]
Jason_momoa.jpg
11KB, 242x336px
>>51817365 >>51817361
I always thought that Tezzeret looked like Jason Momoa with a somewhat less scraggly appearance. Momoa is a mix of European (of various flavors) and Hawaiian.
>>
>>51817341
Venser is clearly a different design space than whats-her-name and doesn't even flicker in the same way

that and there is almost zero reason to ever have him flicker himself
>>
>>51816619

I'm just saying, it feels like they're missing the point.

In the World of DARKNESS, social justice is not going to work. Like, the Technocracy fucking hunts down and kills/converts Mages, even those who do things like heal people with holistic treatments. Wouldn't the Syndicate and the Progenitors actively wipe out people like that, for views that are not conducive to True Progress?

I mean, if this is a gothic-punk realm of horror, things are supposed to be WORSE than our real world. You'd have stuff like neo-Nazis having enthusiastic support, vampires actively targeting those who can't defend themselves, and any attempt at resistance or pushing for social justice would be met with gunfire.

For instance, Standing Rock protestors versus Pentex? The bodies would hit the fucking floooorrrrrrrrrr. Or, I don't know, nerd gamers create virtual avatars to rape and murder helpless gamer-girls at will. (You know, like the Virtual Adept Marauders from the Book of Madness.)
>>
>>51817395
>Venser is clearly a different design space than whats-her-name and doesn't even flicker in the same way

And this, children, is what we call "moving the goalpost".
>>
>>51817386
His dad was a white sculler and his mom was black and died.
>>
>>51817403
Jesus Christ I hope you're trolling and not really this stupid
>>
>>51817395
>waaaaah im wrong
What if you made your dudes unblockable, he tanked a hit and then you flicker him to full hp without losing two life like a fucking retard
>>
>>51816264
I don't know why they felt the 0 had to cost life.
>>
>>51817426
I want you to take a goooooood long look at the text on the card and then find me a single reasonable situation where it would be correct to flicker Venser rather than another permanent you own

Kaya's flicker protects her while giving her more loyalty while her other ability gets the 2 life back anyway, you could see what sort of value engine they were going for but it just didn't quite work
>>
>>51817418
No, I'm not trolling. I'm pointing out that you, rather flippantly, tried to suggest that Kaya is the first planeswalker capable of flickering herself, and are now getting buttblasted that you're wrong on that count.

Even if Kaya "occupies a different design space", that doesn't mean that you weren't wrong. It also doesn't change the fact that Kaya occupies a rather useless design space, whereas people actually play Venser because he can do things that actually directly lead you to win the game.

But mostly the first point: You suggested Kaya was somehow unique in her ability to flicker herself. She isn't.
>>
>>51817465
>I want you to take a goooooood long look at the text on the card and then find me a single reasonable situation where it would be correct to flicker Venser rather than another permanent you own

You know your opponent is running Vampire Hexmage, don't have a way to counter if if your opponent plays it on his next turn, and want to protect Venser for the turn because his -1 ability is more useful to you at the moment than his Ultimate.
>>
>>51817486
*Whoops, that doesn't work, it's the beginning of the next End Step. Mea culpa.

Okay, then, everything I said, but also you've managed to activate Teferi's Ultimate.
>>
>>51817486
that doesn't work
>>
>>51817493
Cast thine eyes 'pon the very next post, sirrah.
>>
>>51817466
Just because you CAN doesn't mean you will, you're just avoiding the obvious intent of my argument because you know you're wrong.

We don't really know if the design space is useful or not because we've only ever seen one card that utilises it, and it was poorly realised

>>51817490
ahhhh, teferi feels like cheating, but you see my point?
>>
>>51817465
When you play teferi, deepglowskate and then ult teferi.
>>
>>51817499
cast thine upon post times
>>
File: Optumizm B mi$$in' nigga.png (1MB, 969x861px) Image search: [Google]
Optumizm B mi$$in' nigga.png
1MB, 969x861px
>>51817406
>his mom was black and died.
>>
>>51817515
Nay.

>>51817500
>you're just avoiding the obvious intent of my argument

It was a pretty shitty argument wholly based around the idea that Kaya is somehow doing something no planeswalker has done before. I pointed out you're wrong, and you shifted the goalpost.

That's the sum total of what's happened.

>but you see my point?

No, because that's just off the top of my head. I don't exactly have tens of thousands of cards memorized and, despite playing Magic since 1997, I'm not actually all that great at the game. I DO know, however, that I have run Venser, mostly in EDH, and there have been several times that it's been in my interest to flicker him.
>>
>>51817527
Well its what happens to everyone in tezzerets familiy, even tezzeret.
>>
>>51817465
Kaya's flicker doesn't give her more loyalty.
>>
>>51817567
but flickering Venser is clearly an exception to the rule rather than the entire point of the card. I don't even know what the point of this argument is any more because you insist on just arguing semantics. I don't even think the card is good or anything, I just like the design space for fuck's sake
>>
>>51817672
Stop posting, its not an exception youre just wrong and too stubborn to admit it. You've got pedro over there saying you can dodge vampire hexmages and shit without teferis emblem.
>>
>>51817672
>I don't even know what the point of this argument is any more

Hopefully, it's taught you to think and do some simple fact-checking before making a sweeping generalization, lest that sweeping generalization be proven false.

There is nothing I hate more than misinformation, even if was only an accident.
>>
>>51817717
No it's just taught not to get into arguments with strong headed twats on /tg/ who can't admit something that is clearly true

Keep in mind that you are trying to refute my point of saying that Kaya is new design space for a planeswalker by saying that that space has already been explored by Venser, which anyone can see it clearly isn't.
>>
>>51817737
Stop posting
>>
>>51817183
What a bro!
>>
>>51817737
You said,

>I'm sorry, I must have missed the previous planeswalker that flickered itself?

I provided Venser, which does exactly what you described, and you started getting flippant.

You moved the goalpost. Admit it.
>>
>>51817818
I wouldn't really call it 'moving the goalposts' as much as you being 'technically correct'

Yes vensir can flicker himself but it's nothing like the way Kaya does
>>
>>51817818
For the record, by the way, Karn's middle ability can also be used to exile himself, although that is mostly only useful if you have turned Karn into a creature and have Experiment Kraj on the field, then stack the activation of Kraj's stolen abilities from Karn such that Karn is exiled and then Kraj restarts the game.
>>
>>51817077
It was more a bunch of anons who filed complaints but jumped at shadows, screamed about the shill bogeyman, and shouted down anyone who pointed out they could gather up legit sexism and racism and fight against those. Now? Movement is fucking dead because they drove everyone off. The worst enemy of GG was GG themselves.

Signed - One of the early diggers
>>
>>51817852
But that's not what you said. You said, or rather flippantly implied, that Kaya is unique in her ability to exile herself. She doesn't. And while she is a little different from Venser, that doesn't somehow make her totally new and unexplored ground. More to the point, Venser is *actually useful* thanks to the minor differences in how he functions, which is more than Kaya can claim.

Also, there's no such thing as "technically" correct. I'm either right or I'm wrong, and in this case, I'm right.
>>
>>51816648
>We don't need genderfluid pansexual monkeycats or übermensch aryan jewhunters with a bonus to gas.

Yeah, but they need more placed to fight.
>>
>>51816713
you must be fun at parties
>>
>>51816713
>snowflakes, foreigners and women
one too many dumpster fires, eh?
you have to get better at extreme vetting.
>>
>>51816264
>that time Men At Work released a rpg set in the 80s Australian music industry scene
>Oingo Boingo is DEMONS
>>
>>51816670
>that's mean and mean
who cares? A game will play better when you bother to build a group of people who are capable of cooperating. Cohesion is based on exclusion.
>>
>>51817963
It's more that I've had more than one issue where someone tried to threaten me into compliance or else they'd accuse me of being bigoted. After a while I said "Fuck it, only white men at the table."
>>
>>51818006
I totally get that. That's one of the reasons why I don't DM public games anymore.
I used to dm 10+people games in the mall and got the "oh its because im a woman/black/gay" thing whenever I would mess up initiative or call them by the wrong name.
and I messed up pretty frequently because of the high amount of players and the pretty high turn over rate.
>>
Why does my faggoty nerd shit always get infested by politics? I guess I should just abandon hobbies all together.
>>
>>51816264
Man, I remember when people were spamming this card on /tg/ four or five times a day. Everybody was super butthurt about a black lady on a Magic card.

What happened? Someone use a funny pronoun on the Wizards website and took the attention off of OP pic related?
>>
>>51818079
I think we were less concerned over a black lady on a Magic card, at least in my case, more concerned with how much of a big deal Wizards were trying to treat it as being, as though we had never had black people on Magic cards before. As though Mirage, Visions, and Prophecy never happened.

...actually, can we make that last one real? That Prophecy never happened? Please?
>>
>>51816280
You're forgetting that she has so many internet trolls at her command that she can foil the activities of military generals and government officials. Somehow.
>>
File: cayden cailean.jpg (38KB, 582x1024px) Image search: [Google]
cayden cailean.jpg
38KB, 582x1024px
>>51816264
Belt-Buckles McAlcoholism over here passed the Test of the Starstone on a drunken bet, and blacked out his entire memory of it.
>>
>>51818168
Yeah, but that's kinda' funny and awesome in its own way, and actually sounds like something that player characters would do.
>>
File: bored-teen_wifhdo.jpg (73KB, 940x629px) Image search: [Google]
bored-teen_wifhdo.jpg
73KB, 940x629px
>>51816264
I forgot: Why where we supposed to be upset that in a multiverse with countless different world a character was black?
>>
>>51818197
No one was upset that she was black. People were upset that wizards was trying to make a huge deal about it to try to show off how "progressive" they were to appeal to the tumblrcunts and that really annoyed the people who actually play the game.
>>
>>51818221
they also want the underage bestiality crowd which I totally get
>>
>>51818221
This.
No one cares that they made another nog planeswalker, it was the insufferable virtue signaling around it that pissed people off.
>>
>>51818221
>No one was upset that she was black

Except of course the /pol/ crossboarders, but they're always mad about everything.
>>
>>51818255
Also the fact that in comics they're putting minorities under established names. It just sends the message of "You negroes have to piggyback off a white man's accomplishments" which is not a message I want my kids to grow up with
>>
>>51818284
> MUH /pol/!
/pol/ doesn't give a shit about what ends up on a card, they care about the fact that wizards was pandering to progressives by playing up the fact that they printed another nog planeswalker like it was something important. Cards with nogs on them isn't the problem, the problem is if people hand even more power to SJWs and their ilk by trying to appease them.
>>
>>51818063
Ignore and deny your money to companies that get too political.

>>51818052
It sucks that you had to do that, but as much as I would like diversity I know that implementing and maintaining diversity is difficult due to substantial differences in communication, backgrounds and values.
Why did they try to browbeat you?

>>51817880
My problem with GG is that it was so disorganized that it was easy for the most retarded to become the face of it.
In my view, GG was not just about game journalism, but about Left-Wing politics in vidya. I share some of the grief against the Left, but I also thought that the Left wasn't always wrong. I was also concerned that the Left's poisoning of the well would result in GG being drawn in by the Right-Wing rather than avoid political alignment.
What is weird to me that even though GG is dead, Left-Winged organizations and individuals like to blame them on a bunch of things, such as Ghostbusters and the 2016 election. I think all three of those events had one thing in common: the Left's alienation biting them in the ass.
Really, I hope that the SJWs and the Alt-Right fuck off. The SJWs are heretics who make me embarrassed to be a liberal (apparently I am one) and the Alt-Right overvalue their hyper-nationalistic ideals over pragmatics and facts.
I'm worried my apathy will overtake me and I will start to enjoy the drama and lose my sense of right.
>>
File: catwoman2.jpg (46KB, 674x705px) Image search: [Google]
catwoman2.jpg
46KB, 674x705px
>>51818303
>Also the fact that in comics they're putting minorities under established names. It just sends the message of "You negroes have to piggyback off a white man's accomplishments" which is not a message I want my kids to grow up with

Yeah, things were different when you were a kid. The comics industry never pulled any of this "change some aspect of a widely-recognized character to bring in a larger market share" bullshit prior to 2007.
>>
>>51818338
> I also thought that the Left wasn't always wrong
Name a single example of this.
>>
>>51817880
Holy shit, you don't know fucking anything about GamerGate.

>It was more a bunch of anons
No, not "anons," people. It was made by a bunch of people. Right from the start you try to discount GamerGate and the people making it up. Still, it's better than calling everyone trolls, which is what nearly everyone in the media and on the anti side seemed to be doing.

>shill bogeyman
I assume here you're talking about how GG contacted the advertisers for websites. I don't know what your argument is here, these websites published hit pieces on gamers, and GG just let the advertisers know how much these sites were shitting on their target audience.

>shouted down anyone who pointed out they could gather up legit sexism and racism and fight against those
The problem being there is so little legit sexism and racism actually going on in gaming. One of the biggest points of GG was the anti side calling gamers racists and sexists and telling everyone how horrible they are, and gamers defending themselves and saying they aren't. Really, the racism and sexism seemed to almost always be coming from the anti side. Just look at how the anti side talked down to #NotYourShield, saying everyone involved was just a sockpuppet, discounting the very people they say they represent because they didn't go along with the narrative of talking about how shitty gamers are. I'll also point out how GamerGate donated money to a group called The Fine Young Capitalists, which was doing a project to make women more involved in the video game industry. Who were then attacked by the anti side.

Also, you don't seem to realize how a movement works, it doesn't just last for as long as possible, it just lasts until it fulfills its goals. GamerGate fulfilled its goals, which is why it's not a thing anymore. This is one of the reasons people say Feminism is like a religion. It doesn't have any tangible, achievable goals, it just wants to convert as many people to Feminism as possible.
>>
>>51818351
The comics industry didn't. Hollywood, however, has always been a bunch of racebaiting kikes.
>>
>>51818351
>The comics industry
>Pic is from a TV show
>>
File: a23af4523b63f5e7b9d41fb58a2c4484.jpg (850KB, 800x1233px) Image search: [Google]
a23af4523b63f5e7b9d41fb58a2c4484.jpg
850KB, 800x1233px
>>51818390
>The comics industry didn't.
Whatever you say anon
>>
>>51818063
>Why does my faggoty nerd shit always get infested by politics? I guess I should just abandon hobbies all together.

Because you, me, we all started giving people a platform by caring what internet celebrities or random internet people think about the things we like to do.

Fight back by just playing with your friends who are on the same page as you and not giving more spotlight to talking heads on twitch or playing with random strangers in dork containment stores.
>>
>>51818303
Liberals have always been telling minorities to be content leeching off of whites and going nowhere with their lives, that's nothing new. Entire generations of nogs have already grown up with that.
>>
>>51818338
>Why did they try to browbeat you?
because I was a sloppy dm, in a public game where of the 10 playes maybe 5 of them were regulars. Each week we would have at least 2 people who never played before show up. It was a shit show and they took mistakes personally. I understand that it sucks to get skipped in combat but given the circumstances it was way out of line to accuse me of prejudice.
>>
>>51818338
>GG was not just about game journalism, but about Left-Wing politics in vidya
Well, GG did fight back against a lot of Left-wing politics in the video game industry, but that's because they were the ones fucking up.
>>
>>51818063
Because shitlibs need to sneak their message into popular media in order to have any chance. They can't hold up in a rational debate, so they try to infect the culture with their ideology and avoid any sort of debate or reflection by making their ideology a base line that no one questions.
>>
File: C46ivreUEAEpT_T.jpg (40KB, 630x486px) Image search: [Google]
C46ivreUEAEpT_T.jpg
40KB, 630x486px
>>51817880
>Now? Movement is fucking dead because they drove everyone off.
You'd think so, but apparently they put Trump in the Whitehouse, I guess? I feel like the tales of GGs demise have been greatly exaggerated, but the tales of their success have also been greatly exaggerated. It's weird to look into.
>>
>>51818197
The fact that WOTC hired a fucking consultant on black women to write her speaks leagues on their inadequacy to write in general.
>>
>>51818338

Diversity is for faggots. If I had to pick a side - SJW or Nazi - I pick Nazi. That's why I voted Trump.

That's why America picked Trump.
>>
>>51818512
>nazi:winners until real countries show up
>sjw:born losers who cry and get their asses fucked
Nobody wants to be a loser, its not a fair comparison.
>>
>>51818063
Pic related, basically. But if you want to get more in-depth about it, I think at least with things like hobbies, it all comes down to moral arguments. This is immoral because it teaches children to be killers, that is immoral because it teaches children to be sexist. From either side, it all comes down to moralizing bullshit, and it probably always will.
>>
>>51818512
>SJW or Nazi
They're just two sides of the same coin. SJWs hate White science, the Nazis hated Jewish science. They're both reality-denying retards. I really don't think the base conflict is SJW vs. Nazi, it's collectivist vs. individualist, and SJWs and Nazis are just two different versions of collectivists.
>>
>>51818554
> From either side
Yet it's always the left that fucks things over. The "oh both sides are the same" meme needs to die. The left is clearly worse.
>>
>>51818197
>nothing prevented you from making poopdick characters in the past but we are going out of our way to tell you that you can make poopdick characters now
>>
>>51817985
We against the world, amiright ?
>>
>>51818626
You're just saying that because it's the Left that's been in power, and fucking up, for a while now. I'm sure it won't be too long for the retards on the Right to come out of the woodwork.

>The "oh both sides are the same" meme needs to die.
I didn't say they're the same, and I don't think they're the same. What I was saying is that moralizing bullshit is always bullshit, no matter the source, the target, or the argument.
>>
>>51818354
Israeli settlements.
>>
>>51818631
>switching from "waaaah black people in Magic card art" to "waaaah gay dorfs in D&D"
>>
>>51818544

Real countries... the US always show up and killsteal a beaten fo and then brag about it.
>>
File: 1429123900128.jpg (102KB, 654x539px) Image search: [Google]
1429123900128.jpg
102KB, 654x539px
>>51817397
you're starting to see why a focus on social justice will inevitably destroy anything it gets it's hands on, since it is no longer about fulfilling its intended purpose, but furthering socjus aims
>>
>>51818665
> implying getting rid of mudslimes is bad
In a war between civilization and savages, I prefer the civilized.
>>
>>51818663
The left has always been fucking up. In power or out, they have always poisoned everything they touch.

> What I was saying is that moralizing bullshit is always bullshit, no matter the source
And that's wrong. One side is trying to preserve civilization, the other is trying to destroy it. That isn't a case of moralizing being equally bullshit, it's a case of one side trying to destroy and the other trying to protect.
>>
>>51818700
>literally
>defending
>Zionists
Two years ago, if someone had told me that this would be happening, I'd have laughed in their face and bet money against it. Amazing what an influx of newfags can do.
>>
>>51818663
Name a single instance in which the right was anywhere near as bad as the left.
>>
>>51818757
As long as they keep killing muds, they're better than the shitlibs have ever been.
>>
>>51818736
>The left has always been fucking up. In power or out, they have always poisoned everything they touch.
Yeah, letting gay people get married is just fucking awful.

>That isn't a case of moralizing being equally bullshit, it's a case of one side trying to destroy and the other trying to protect.
I want to hear your argument then. What moralizing do you think is actually good?
>>
>>51818101
>>51818221
I think the solution to Wizards making a big deal out of things is to pretend it doesn't exist. Bitching about it will make it be a big deal.
I would only complain when actual pandering is involved, such as making the black character a Marty Sue or have every person who is a man be incompetent or evil.

>>51818332
/pol/'s goal is to be the biggest faggots in the world. They see everything as a zero-sum game against the SJWs and will complain about anything much like the SJWs.

>>51818364
>The problem being there is so little legit sexism and racism actually going on in gaming.
I think that there is quite a bit, but it's not very common. I know that according to some Pew survey that men were more likely than women to receive verbal harassment, but not as likely to receive something more serious. Apparently the survey was cited by some report that for no substantiated reason says that women were 27 times more likely to be harassed than men.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJbh9lofzEU
The thing is that while I do actually believe that feminism CAN be a good thing for America, since I do believe there are some issues that need to be addressed (maternity leave, handling sex crimes, wage gap (although I doubt the gap is as large as claimed)), the problem is that a lot of feminists act like assholes and idiots who would rather waste time talking about "manspreading" and being entitled hypocrites.
I just hope there's some way to get these manipulative Left-Winged assholes to stop poisoning the well. I actually don't want everyone to be divided.

>>51818439
When you grow up with prejudice, sometimes you can see it where it doesn't exist. Intent is difficult to pinpoint, so Occam's Razor, and occasionally Hanlon's Razor, would be needed.

To try to stay on-topic, I'm going to say the Blackless 4-color duo from Commander 2016 being gay was a thing that happened that I didn't care about except "oh yeah, Guardians of Meletis".
>>
>>51818759
Religion. Social Justice is just the Left's version of it.
>>
>>51818759
Remember ten or so years ago when a handful of neocons were trying to take your internet freedoms and hand them over to the ISPs?
That.
Daily reminder that one of them is going to be leading the FCC.
>>
>>51818775
> Yeah, letting gay people get married is just fucking awful.
Yes, because they didn't stop there. As everyone with a brain predicted, the left have used that to keep up an attack against anyone who might have a problem with enabling faggots.

> What moralizing do you think is actually good?
When it is aimed at preserving civilization.
>>
>>51818785
Religion on the right has given us all of western civilization. SJWs have done nothing but try to tear that down.
>>
>>51818789
> implying neocons aren't leftists
The left has always favored censorship, regardless of what label they wear.
>>
>>51818757
if the jews are in israel they're where they belong, i don't much care past that
>>
File: Tyrone Of Mellon Tits.png (507KB, 431x471px) Image search: [Google]
Tyrone Of Mellon Tits.png
507KB, 431x471px
>>51818782
>Blackless
>literally the most ooga booga face possible
doubtful
>>
>>51818782
Yeah, I actually agree with you a lot. I'm completely open to having conversations about those issues, it's just that so many times, the people bringing up those issues are just as you described. They're bringing up false statistics and petty issues that just aren't important to the larger conversation going on. I honestly don't want to have this conversation here, but as much as I don't like Trump, I hope that his administration is a good kick in the teeth to the Left in America to finally start pulling their shit together.

>To try to stay on-topic, I'm going to say the Blackless 4-color duo from Commander 2016 being gay was a thing that happened that I didn't care about except "oh yeah, Guardians of Meletis".
Same.
>>
>>51818845
>The left has always favored censorship
>Implying the right doesn't
>>
>>51818782
> the problem is that a lot of feminists act like assholes and idiots who would rather waste time talking about "manspreading" and being entitled hypocrites
> implying that isn't all that feminism has ever been
Goes all the way back to the fucking suffragettes.
>>
>>51818810
>enabling faggots.
"Enabling"? Oh god, are you going to call gay people degenerates next?

>When it is aimed at preserving civilization.
ALL moralizing bullshit is done on this basis. That's why it's all bullshit. It's the same lame excuse to justify different shit.

>>51818827
>Religion on the right has given us all of western civilization.
Wow, I'm really glad religion invented the separation of Church and State.
>>
>>51817975
This is the "Oh yeah, that happened" thread. Not the "Holy shit, that would be amazing if it ever happened" thread.
>>
>>51818891
The right has always stood for competition of ideas. Everyone can speak, and if you can't convince people of the merits of your ideas through rational discussion, then you fall by the wayside. The left, on the other hand, tries to silence anyone who dares to disagree with them because their ideology is based on nothing but feelings and can't actually stand up to even a cursory examination.
>>
>>51818927
> separation of Church and State.
Church and state might be separate, but all of western civilization was still built on Christian ideals. Ideals that the left despises and has been trying to erode.
>>
File: Alesha.png (137KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Alesha.png
137KB, 223x311px
>>51818512
America picked Trump because we had 8 years a Democrat.
America picked Obama because 8 years a Republican.
America picked Bush because 8 years a Democrat.

That's my theory.

>>51818626
>>51818759
I... sort of agree? While I dislike the Alt-Right more than SJWs, at least you don't see the Alt-Right rioting over a gay jerk. The Alt-Right has actual political power, though, so that is why I dislike them more.
Trust me when I say this: neither side in general cares about Free Speech. They will attempt to gimp it the moment it is no longer useful to them.

>>51818870
I meant as in mana color you peanut!

>>51816264
Pic related
>>
>>51818986
> The Alt-Right has actual political power, though
SJWs are literally the government in most of the west.
>>
>>51819001
lol no maybe in Sweden but not the rest
>>
>>51818927
> Wow, I'm really glad religion invented the separation of Church and State.
> being this ignorant
Yes, Christianity actually did invent separation of church and state. The devision between secular authority and religious authority grew out of Christian Europe. The muds, on the other hand, have no such tradition. For them, all authority was religious in nature, and you either conformed or they tortured and murdered you and enslaved your entire family. That's what you leftists are supporting.
>>
>>51819026
The entire EU is infested with SJWs. Look at the entire mess with the rapefugees. Muds are allowed to murder, rape, loot, and torture with impunity. They can't even shut down child sex slavery operations for fear of being called racists.
>>
>>51818940
>The right has always stood for competition of ideas. Everyone can speak, and if you can't convince people of the merits of your ideas through rational discussion, then you fall by the wayside.
Yeah, sure, no-one on the Right has ever called someone un-American or unpatriotic for not immediately buying into their beliefs without questioning them.

>>51818977
>all of western civilization was still built on Christian ideals.
Oh, so that's why it's illegal to work on the Sabbath, and to wear clothing of mixed fibers, and to worship any other god but the Christian one, and why idolatry is illegal, and why it's illegal to take the Christian god's name in vain, and why we execute men who have sex with men. Oh wait, none of that's true. Religion, of any kind, is regressive. You're a fucking delusional idiot.
>>
File: Declaration_independence.jpg (4MB, 2976x1969px) Image search: [Google]
Declaration_independence.jpg
4MB, 2976x1969px
>>51818891
>implying the right does
>>
>>51818827

Not that I really want to dive into this goatshow, but that's not true. Organized religion arose as a product of civilization; it couldn't have existed without a measure of stability and security that's impossible to achieve without other cornerstones of civilization.
>>
>>51819059
Just because you want to accept refugees doesn't mean you're a sjw. a lot of rightists also want to accept them and considering how the eu managed the refugee crisis i doubt that they are sjw
>>
>>51819045
>The muds
I'm curious, how dark can these people be before you start calling them niggers?
>>
>>51819114
>Rightists
>>
>>51818977
>Church and state might be separate, but all of western civilization was still built on Christian ideals. Ideals that the left despises and has been trying to erode.

Nah, a lot of the left just wants to get to the real Christian ideals

Like feeding the hungry and tending to the sick and clothing the naked

Like treating prostitute and merchant and governor and tax collector and Jew and gentile equally

Like caring for the least among us as though they were our Lord and Savior

Like driving the merchants from our sacred places

Like speaking against the modern Pharisees (people concerned with the appearance of exalted virtue rather than the humble practice of love)

This idea that all Christians are "right wing" or "Republican" needs to go
>>
>>51819064
> Yeah, sure, no-one on the Right has ever called someone un-American or unpatriotic for not immediately buying into their beliefs without questioning them.
No, they don't. The right only calls someone un-American when they are literally trying to help America's enemies. Simply disagreeing, the right is fine with that.

> Oh, so that's why it's illegal to
>proceeds to ignore the actual core of Christianity
> also ignores the fact that we don't let people murder or steal
Liberalism really is a mental disease.
>>
File: 1474923180266.jpg (36KB, 479x492px) Image search: [Google]
1474923180266.jpg
36KB, 479x492px
>>51819064
>implying all Christians have identical ideals, despite having HUNDREDS of different denominations
>implying modern Christianity does not teach a limited tolerance of opposing ideals
>implying it's impossible to influence the morals of society without the joining of Church and State

I tip my fedora at you, brother
>>
>>51819064
> Religion, of any kind, is regressive. You're a fucking delusional idiot.
> tips fedora
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE

gumballs
u
m
b
a
l
l
s
>>
>>51819133
Muds as in mudslimes. You can be both a nigger and a mud at the same time. A lot of them are.
>>
>>51819114
It's not just accepting refugees. It's accepting economic migrants, calling them refugees, and then turning a blind eye to their constant raping, murdering, and stealing that makes the EU a bunch of SJWs.
>>
>>51819148
> Like feeding the hungry and tending to the sick and clothing the naked
Which is what the right already does. The left, on the other hand, wants to make everyone equally hungry instead of trying to alleviate hunger.
>>
File: hand rubbing intensifies.png (20KB, 190x225px) Image search: [Google]
hand rubbing intensifies.png
20KB, 190x225px
>>51819148
>Like treating...Jew and gentile equally
>driving the merchants from our sacred places I have some bad news for you, Anon...
>>
>>51819157
>The right only calls someone un-American when they are literally trying to help America's enemies.
With "America's enemies" being "whoever doesn't agree with me." All of this is so incredibly subjective.

>proceeds to ignore the actual core of Christianity
I listed six things, four of those were from the Ten Commandments. I thought those were pretty important in Christianity, but I guess not.

>>51819173
>implying all Christians have identical ideals, despite having HUNDREDS of different denominations
Hey, take it up with the other guy, he didn't specify, so I just went to the book they all share.
>>
>>51819226
>The left, on the other hand, wants to make everyone equally hungry instead of trying to alleviate hunger.
>I don't know how taxes work.
>>
>>51818364
>The problem being there is so little legit sexism and racism actually going on in gaming.
:^)
>>
File: 1454954841369.gif (2MB, 390x277px) Image search: [Google]
1454954841369.gif
2MB, 390x277px
>>51819325
>so I just went to the book they all share
There are many different versions of the New Testament as well, dumbass.
Like, holy hell, how can a human being like you be so fucking stupid?
>>
>>51819349
Taxes make everyone poorer in order to do something. That something usually just ends up being a bureaucrat's paycheck.
>>
>>51819440
OK, well, can you show me that anything in my list isn't included in any of the variants of the New Testament? Because, if you can't, that's kind of a moot point.
>>
>>51819521
> can you show me that anything in my list isn't included in any of the variants of the New Testament?

> it's illegal to work on the Sabbath, and to wear clothing of mixed fibers,
> execute men who have sex with men

These are not in the NT and are thus Jewish, not Christian.
>>
>>51817880
>>51818500
To be perfectly fair, if Gamergate never happened, then /pol/ wouldn't have reorganized and subsequently surged in popularity in react to perceived censorship on the art of the janitors.

And, because Gamergate happened just before the elections, /pol/ reformed itself just as Trump became viable as the centerpiece of new political movement. A faction moved to 8/pol/- on website that only exists because of Gamergate- and became hardcore internet nazis for Trump and the rest who sayed on 4/pol/ became obsessed with Trump memes.

Together they awakened the egregore of an ancient Egyptian deity.

I'm not saying that Gamergate is the fault of Tzeentch, but it's totally Tzeentch.
>>
>>51819157
watch out guys, this one speaks for literally all of the right. you're dumb as shit.
>>
>>51818052
Where the fuck are you people in the world where shit like this ever happens?
>>
>>51819606
Sounds like he was at the mall.
>>
>>51819199
>dubs of truth
What I don't understand is why those on the economic """right""" would support replacing their populations with economic migrants when investing automization is not only arguably more efficient, but inevitable. So what if the West has a lowering population, eventually it will level out, and once it gets low enough, it will become easier to implement robotic labour as their won't be enough labourers to protest against it.
>>
>>51819521
I don't have intimate knowledge of all the versions of the bible as I myself am not Christian, and you clearly don't either since you have to be reminded that Christianity has multiple denominations. I don't feel like poring over different bibles just to prove some fedora wrong. Even if I did, you'd just have some stupid way to move the goalposts every time.
>>
>>51819064
>hurr durr, I am le euphoric felt hat man
>all religions are the same, can't you see?
>what is the First Council of Jerusalem?
>what is the difference between Mosiac Law and Noahide Law?
>nah tho, you're all just delusional idiots and distinctions don't matter
>>
>>51819560
OK, Old Testament. But it's still part of the Bible, yeah?

>>51819639
So, no. So, you brought up a moot point trying to brush away what I was saying. And then when challenged on it, you just back down. Classy.
>>
>>51819565
To be perfectly fair, if identity politics and aggressive political correctness wasn't pushed by rabid Left-Wingers, there wouldn't be a reason for reactionaries to overreact and rise up.

Gamergate and the SJWs were both pawns of Tzeentch's keikaku.
>>
>>51818422
Steel isn't actually Superman though so fuck off
>>
File: 1453652168917.jpg (46KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
1453652168917.jpg
46KB, 500x383px
>>51819685
>OK, Old Testament. But it's still part of the Bible, yeah?
You are a fucking moron. Go tip your fedoras somewhere else. Perhaps Reddit is more your speed friendo.
>>
>>51819751
So can you actually answer my question or not?

>>51819684
And your point is?
>>
>>51819693
As is to be expected of the Changer of ways
>>
>>51819785
>So can you actually answer my question or not?
No. If I spoonfeed you information on the difference between Old and New Testament you will never learn. You've already displayed you don't know jack shit about Christianity, so stop trying to argue like you do.
>>
>>51819785
My point is there's a clear distinction between Judaic jurisprudence as seen in Mosaic law and post-Council of Jerusalem (see Acts) Christianity which assumes the simpler regulations of Noahide Law (see Genesis directly after the Flood and Noah). You can't really use examples of Judaic law not seen in Noahide law and apply them to Christianity, because that sort of law had already been assumed fulfilled by Jesus. There's an internally-consistent logic there.

I mean it's like taking rules from 3.5e and assuming they work in exactly as written in 5e.
>>
>>51819903
OK, so what are these "Christian ideals" that the original anon mentioned? He doesn't mention any different groups or sects of Christianity, and he doesn't list these ideals himself, so I thought I would be able to find them in the major texts that these different groups share.
>>
>>51819865
You don't know much about it either.
>>
>>51819956
> OK, so what are these "Christian ideals"
Love God and love your neighbor as you love yourself. Don't murder, lie, or steal. Help others in your community, particularly the poor, the sick, and the hungry.
>>
>>51819865
>If I answer your questions you won't learn anything!

Fucking what? That's the basis of all education you fucking idiot. Just admit you don't know what you're talking about instead of waxing intellectual and making an ass out of yourself.
>>
>>51820166
> spoon-feeding is the basis of all education
This is what shitlibs actually believe. Not surprising that your states are packed with spoiled brats who feel entitled to everything under the sun.
>>
>>51820166
A tried and true method of education is having the "student" research things themselves. You have the greatest depository of human knowledge in all of history at your fingertips. I'm sure you're a big enough of a boy to figure it out yourself.
>>
>>51818364
>I assume here you're talking about how GG contacted the advertisers for websites
You just made an ass of yourself. Every time someone on /gamergatehq/ went against their precious narrative of "We're oppressed" they started to shout down and shitpost the opinion as much as they could. Just like the SJWs.

I posted a thread about pointing out actual examples of sexism in games, and calling out companies. But apparently, that's "giving SJWs ammo". And yes, I know about FYC, because I supported and gave money to them, and I also contacted multiple reporters, their sponsors, and LGBT support groups after the suicide of Rachel Bryk to give my scorn after the reporters used her death to further their agenda. I also was one of the people who pointed out the fact that Brianna Wu's "gross fucking aspie" comment was made by a fake account.

One of the last straws for me was when they decided to brand some guy I forget the name of as an anti-semite for making criticism towards Israel's political actions. Guess what I was called when I said that was morally and ethically wrong? That's right, a shill.

Nobody sent emails, barely anyone dug shit up, people were just talking big about nazi-punching while being too lazy to actually do anything themselves. There was only a small amount of people who actually had the backbone to do anything, and I wont admit to be one of them but I did personally contact others for various unethical acts, and the last time I did that was with Beamdog's trannypandering in their Baldur's Gate expansion which upset my transgendered friend to where she refused a copy of not only the expansion, but the base game from me as a gift as well.

It was 95% circlejerk, 4% somewhat actives, and 1% people who got shit done. Is it dead? Fuck yes. Is media still corrupt? Fuck yes. Is it getting better? Fuck no.
>>
>>51817183
This was funnier when they were still oldcrons at the time the bizarre team up happened.

Newcrons hate Chaos and Tyranids just as much if not more than the Imperium, and an eccentric Necron Lord played a highly significant role in the defense of Cadia and subsequent evacuation
>>
>>51820280
Holy shit, shut the fuck up already, you pathetic SJW. The fact that you are so dedicated to your bullshit is embarrassing.

No, I don't want to hear your arguments. No, I don't care that you think I need to hear them, or that you personally think they're super important. Keep your politics out of our faces.
>>
>>51820206
>>51820253
>You're not allowed to ask questions anymore because the internet exists.
>If you do you're a spoiled entitled brat.

Okay.
>>
File: 1486319900142.png (199KB, 1800x1578px) Image search: [Google]
1486319900142.png
199KB, 1800x1578px
>>51820353
>>
>>51820382
Adorable. Finished? Now fuck off.
>>
File: S M U G.png (2MB, 1885x889px) Image search: [Google]
S M U G.png
2MB, 1885x889px
>>51820406
no u
>>
>>51817077
>USER HAS BEEN BANNED FOR THIS POST
>>
>>51820382
>>51820422
Your 4channing is pretty weak. You should probably head back to tumblr before you embarrass yourself further.
>>
File: Pictureofme18.png (308KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Pictureofme18.png
308KB, 480x480px
>>51818695
>Waffen-SS
>wearing a Russian helmet from the 80s
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>51820280
The root of these types of conflicts is that many of the participants have this zero-sum thinking, where if we call out the wrong bad behavior we end up giving the other side some ammo. If anything, showing that you have standards on both sides shows that you are the moderate and do not turn a blind eye to things that may hurt your side's reputation. If someone makes a mistake, and it's not corrected, that's a second mistake.

I consider myself to be a GG sympathizer, but I also try to be fair with anti-GG.

What surprises me is how some celebrities and "journalists" still think Gamergate is a thing or has had much of an impact.
I do believe that the Left is repeating their mistakes by poisoning the well of their opposition, with GG, Ghostbusters, and the 2016 Election being examples. If they don't change their ways, then I fear that there are going to be so many bitter defectors that the Left will die, and as a Liberal I do not actually want that.
For the record I do think the last one, the Election, was ultimately the fault of Alt-Right ideology undervaluing facts and misplacing blame, so I'm not necessarily the "fukin SJWs" type. Of course the media is going to be biased against Trump. He's so unconventional and unorthodox that most of the media is going to say "What is he doing? This isn't the way it's supposed to be! These changes defy common sense!" That's about as fair as I can be to Trump.
>>
>>51820422
>smug anime girls
>one of them is Weiss
fuck off your western shit isnt anime
>>
>>51817077
I never got how the left managed to paint a bunch of fags trolling shills into some neonazi movement and actually convince the normies that GG was indeed Hitler.
>>
>>51820253
>I'm sure you're a big enough of a boy
Was mangling the English language part of your plan?
>>
>>51820544
Hitler being a paratrooper, dropping at sea directly in front of a British boat not worth commenting on?
>>
>>51818197
They hired an "african american culture" consultant to design a character that's neither African or American because they're Seattle cuck SJWs.

If they want to be fucked up the ass to prove they're "progressive" that's their problem. But don't drag us down to watch the show.
>>
>>51818757
>Implying Israel isn't filled with Russians telling the zionists they're not real jews.
>>
>>51818197

I guess MtG /pol/yps are just really easily spooked.
>>
>>51816264

What was the point of specifically hiring a African-American to write her, again? Absolutely nothing she did the stories she was in had anything to do with being black. Nothing, the fact that she could "kill" ghosts mattered. I mean, even without lesbians and trannies Magic has actually been fairly "progressive" with its story telling with both men and women as leading character and many of them not white.
>>
>>51822807
You're a fucking retard if you think it was anything but a calculated way to virtue signal and collect social capital so that actual SJWs will give them more dollars.
>>
File: 1466473068919.jpg (531KB, 1192x832px) Image search: [Google]
1466473068919.jpg
531KB, 1192x832px
>>51816670
Pic extremely related. They don't care about open mindedness because thay would mean acknowledging opinions that differ from their liberal world view, and we gotta keep those safe spaces.
>>
>>51823100
Literally every game lab for a university I've ever seen has been some hard left SJW group most concerned with how games can push their identity politics. They're legitimately the equivalent of women's studies departments.
>>
>>51823206
That can be said of most universities in general.
>>
>>51816648
Frankly, /tg/s are left very well alone, most places that have any kind of pandering to any side are the palces you would expect to. The thing is, times are changing, faggits are trannys are more and more represented in all of culture, but tgs never really had the "we have to shove mionoretys into everything" phase so it will be still a year or two before authors learn how to write faggots and trannys that are more than one dimensional characters defined by their love of cock or dislike of their own lack of tits. Give it a year or two and it will work itself out, the more people bitch about just the fact that there is a sexual minority in a game instead of criticizing the characters shitty writing the more shitty characters we will see
>>
>>51823100
>>51823206

I went to Full Sail University back in '08-'09 (I know, I know) and I went to GDC in '09 I think, and there was none of this kind of bullshit there. What the fuck happened?
>>
>>51823414
If I remember correctly, it all started in 2012, got really, really big in 2013 and it's dying now.
>>
File: tl dr.jpg (69KB, 572x325px) Image search: [Google]
tl dr.jpg
69KB, 572x325px
>>51823100
>dat image
>>
>>51823414
It never really took off aside from a few unis where shit got pants on head retarded. 99% of universiteys and colleges just did their own thing and did not give all that much of a fuck
>>
>>51822984
SJWs don't have dollars, they don't have jobs because nobody hires deconstructivists with female studies mayors and not everyone can be a vlogger with rich parents.
In fact not even the vlogger with rich parents/managers buy shit, Anita admited to not buying videogames despite supposedly researching them.
>>
>>51823519
That might be true in some places, but in places like california it is both widespread and completely out of control.
>>
>>51823560
> implying WotC realizes that
They've been pandering to SJWs for years now, without anything to show for it aside from alienating the white men who actually buy their stuff.
>>
>>51823414
I was referring to the game labs of normal universities rather than places like Full Sail. I don't know what the political stance of places like that would be. GDC is notably leftist though, with a substantial percentage of the talks at any given event being given over to blatant advocacy, special treatment and pandering of minority groups, called the advocacy track. Of course, it features advocacy of groups who aren't even underrepresented like gay game developers, because it's not actually about inclusion.
>>
>>51823595
They're literally stationed in cuckistan and hire interns right off Seattle U, the only more SJW mental people would be SoCal yuppies.

But thankfully Hasbro is tired of losing money and is cutting down on that shit. We're gonna see MaRo, Stoddard, Bergeot, Jarett and most writers gone before 2020 unless they start acting like the capitalist machine they're meant to be.
>>
>>51819565
(4+4)chan was around before gamergate though. Your narrative is incorrect.
>>
>>51823565
This might be because the people trying to combat it got as pants on head retarded as the sjws. Here is the thing about the sjw vs anti sjw problem, there were easy ways of fixing it, debunking the whole thing in a liberal fashion, and supporting the people who were not retarded on the side of the sjws, what happened is that we got (at some points literally) the whole stalinists vs fascists thing. No one likes fascism, no one like stalinism, anyone in their right mind would want both to go and stay go, but for what ever reason we let them dominate the whole thing, and as they are a very loud minority, politician and such started to allying themselves with the belies of the loudest idiots out there. Same thing with tgs will happen if the sane people dont take a stance. You wanne know why beast was completely re-made to be not-so-sjw? Because beta testers and stress testers looked at it, and told WW "dude, this is lighting your dick on fire and fucking a power outlet levels of retarded, stop this", which got support from the normal costumers. Thus a battle was won and we did not lower the bar. Bill maher has the right idea, use their arguments agients them and take away their arguments to win, dont gulag the whole town just to take out one dude
>>
>>51823642
As a side note, the mere existence of gamergate has made any serious development of game-related study impossible. Things like archival of old games, so that later generations can experience classics for themselves will never get funding because the committee only knows what they read on the news about "evil hackers attacking women for daring to criticize their precious toys".
>>
>>51823729
by on the side of the sjws i mean liberals, there are no sane sjws
>>
>>51823749
Good. Filthy SJW collegiates need to keep their hands off games. They're not some bullshit retard media that they can analyze.
>>
>>51823729
SJWs and StormCucks are just two different prongs of the horseshoe, and controlled opposition to each other, in order to ensure the stability of the ruling class.
>>
>>51823753
> implying there are sane liberals
They're no different from the SJWs.
>>
>>51823749
Seems unfair to hold GamerGate accountable for the profound ignorance of academics, if that's true.
>>
>>51823729
>>51823753
The left is nothing but SJWs, there isn't anyone sane on their side to talk with. And why the fuck would we want to do anything in a liberal fashion? Acting like a retard serves no purpose, it just makes those retards think that their stupidity is somehow acceptable.
>>
>>51823768
So you're fine with older games being lost forever when the original hardware breaks down? Stories and art never to be seen again?
>>
>>51823793
see, you are the exact example of how not to do this shit. The more you polarize people and the more you put them into camps, the more moderets will join the extremists, there is no winning this, especial because, in the usa at least, there are more liberals than conservatives, and they tend to have more buying power, buying power which will in turn be used to promote sjw. Want to stop this? Take your liberal friend, buy them and yourself a few beers, and have a nice and calm talk about freedome of speech and such. Chances are both of you will gain something from it
>>
>>51823860
> in the usa at least, there are more liberals than conservatives
Wrong. The election proved otherwise. The dims backed the posterchild of everything that makes a liberal, and Trump still demolished her. Why should we act like they have anything to contribute? They don't, and we don't need to try to placate their retarded ideology anymore. The dims are done and the left had been soundly beaten in their own rigged game.
>>
>>51823825
I'm talking about people like >>51823768 acting like golum crying "MY PRECIOUS!" whenever anyone comes near, confirming stereotypes about gamers being immature man-children.
>>
>>51823924
Dude, the republicans lost by like 3 million votes, and please dont give me the "3 million people voted illegally". Plus, Hilary is not everything liberal, she's everything corrupt, people did not vote for Hillary because she had nothing to offer, the voted for a equally dangers retard. I did not cear for either, but fact beaing what they are, people who hold progresive ideas are still the buying power of the usa. Plus the democrats arn't done, the vary same thing was said about the republicans when obama took office, first and second time.
>>
>>51823860
If people actually go over to the SJW side just because someone hurt their precious fee fees with some harsh language, then fuck em. They were worthless garbage anyway.
>>
File: trump electoral college.png (51KB, 609x290px) Image search: [Google]
trump electoral college.png
51KB, 609x290px
>>51823924
>Hillary gets 3,000,000 more votes
>Weird archaic system gives big T the win anyway
>"see, this means I can do whatever I want"
>>
>>51823981
> Hilary is not everything liberal, she's everything corrupt
> implying those are different things

Shillary was the single most liberal candidate that we've seen in a general election in the history of the country. Only king nigger even came close.
>>
>>51823981
>>51824010
If you ignore California, which was rife with corruption and fraud, Trump won by more than 1.5 million votes. Shitlery only has any support in parasitic states like California and New York, the rest of America fucking despises her and the dims.
>>
>>51823984
*facepalm* that's not how it works, it's not about feefees, it's about the fact that people throw you into a basket. Look, if for 4 years you were told non-stop, by everyone who you did not fuck or did not know someone that you fucked gay, even when you were 100% hetero, you would at least start to wonder. If you group someone, even if they do not agree with said group and keep on pushing it, they will start to at least partly identify with said group. Once that's done, they will start defending said group because they start to fell a part of it EVEN IF THEY DONT AGREE WITH THE IDEAS OF THE PEOPLE THEY WERE THROWN IN THE BASKET WITH.
>>
/pol/ garbage belongs in its respective trashcan. Take your inane ramblings back to your edgy board, all of you.
>>
>>51824011
Trump appoints oil company lawyer to head EPA, Goldman Sacs exec to head SEC, litteral nazi to head national security, and "jesus rode dinosaurs" level fundie to head education
>BUT HER EMAILS!
>>
>>51824010
Fun fact, when back when liberals thought the electoral college gave them the lock, criticizing the system was met with "no no no, the electoral college exists to protect the fragile balance of power between populous states and unpopulous states, it is necessary to our democracy".
>>
>>51824010
So what? The US is not a democracy because the Founding Fathers knew that democracy was an awful idea. They knew that a democracy would end up being nothing but a tyranny of the majority, where the coastal cities could just run wild and vote for free stuff for themselves because they shit out babies like there's no tomorrow. Why should places like California dominate the country just because they're a breeding ground for shitskins?
>>
>>51824036
>rife with corruption and fraud
[citation needed]
>>
>>51824010
The electoral college is legitimately a good concept though. If it didn't exist, why campaign anywhere besides California, Texas, NY and Florida? You could probably change most states to operate on the district model to further increase the range of campaigning, since it might be worth making a stop at a state you can win one of three districts in even if it's too slanted to take wholesale.
>>
>>51824072
Better them than Soros' hag.
>>
>>51824093
http://rickwells.us/insider-california-voter-fraud-system-guarantees-rampant-illegal-voting/
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-03/voter-fraud-allegations-strike-california-man-find-83-live-ballots-his-doorstep
http://www.breitbart.com/california/2017/01/27/voter-fraud/
http://legalinsurrection.com/2016/11/more-voter-fraud-this-time-in-california/

[citation provided]
>>
>>51824010
So I guess you want to be ruled by the monarchy of Commiefornia without any capability of comfrontation?
Mexico and Venezuela are such shitholes not because politicians are corrupt, that happened after the fact said politicians noticed if they took the capital they took the country and would no longer need to negotiate or hide their corruption. The population capital of the USA is SJW central, do you want Hollywood to be the absolute power giver and taker of your country?
>>
>>51824153
>Those sites

You forgot infowars and stormfront, dude.
>>
>>51824184
> I can't refute the point, so I'll just attack the sources! That'll show him!
>>
>>51824203
Oh I'm not the guy you're arguing with, I was just passing by and saw your list of propaganda.
>>
>>51824203
Fucking Breitbart?

Seriously?
>>
>>51824240
>a website once managed by the current chief advisor to the Preseident of the United States
>somehow this is not credible.
>>
>>51824072
> implying those are bad things
The EPA was completely out of control, it's about time someone reined them in before they did any more damage. Same goes for the SEC.

> litteral nazi to head national security
It's about time we got someone who recognizes that the west is locked in a fight to the death with islam. Up until now, the PC crowd refused to acknowledge it and forced us to fight with both hands tied behind our back because we couldn't be allowed to even say who the enemy was.

> and "jesus rode dinosaurs" level fundie to head education
Fake news. She supports charter schools, so it's no surprise shitlibs in the pocket of the teacher's unions want to trash her. The fact is that she has a track record of vastly improving school systems through privatization, and that terrifies liberals who need to control the schools in order to indoctrinate people into their ideology. Without that, they have nothing, since no one with any sense is swayed by their ridiculous whining and they can only get new converts if they get them young.
>>
>>51824240
Can you show that anything stated in those articles is explicitly false?
>>
File: Argentoconodon-color.png (378KB, 1000x414px) Image search: [Google]
Argentoconodon-color.png
378KB, 1000x414px
>>51816264

A black character happened and you're upset about it?

How salty
>>
>>51824221
>>51824240

Tell me, which sources accurately predicted the outcome of the election? Or the brexit vote? Cause it wasn't the MSM.
>>
File: triconolestes-polished.png (672KB, 1000x839px) Image search: [Google]
triconolestes-polished.png
672KB, 1000x839px
>>51824302

You know you're desperate when you unironically try to justify the suppression of science as claiming it was "out of control"
>>
>>51824312
Can you prove there isn't a teacup floating halfway between the earth and the sun?
>>
File: volbat.jpg (1MB, 1848x1377px) Image search: [Google]
volbat.jpg
1MB, 1848x1377px
>>51824336

The Simpsons predicted the election. Is Lisa Simpson always correct?
>>
>>51824090
This guy gets it. The public's memory is short term at best l and both parties and their supporters are guilty of taking opposite sides of the same issue depeneding on which one benefits them at the moment.
>>
>>51824290
You mean the president put someone in his cabinet that hails him as a hero and agrees with him on most of the things he says? WHAT?!?
>>
>>51824240
It's one of the best sources of news these days. The MSM completely shredded their credibility with how absurdly biased they were toward shillary. They abandoned any pretense of presenting both sides equally and just went all in for the dims. Just look at how much they focused on some meaningless banter that made Trump look bad while they completely ignored shillary putting top secret documents on an unsecure private server for all the world to see.
>>
>>51824367
So you don't have an argument and have to resort to hyperbole? I am glad to see that you are being honest.
>>
>>51824349
> suppression of science
The only people suppressing science are liberals who destroy the career of anyone who dares try to study racial differences in intelligence.
>>
>>51824396
you know, just because msm and cnn spout bullshit dose not mean tha breitbart and such are true right?
>>
>>51824349
Liberals have already been suppressing science in order to back up their climate change alarmism. And just look at where that led to. Now we're finding out that yet again climate "scientists" falsified data to create support for warming when there wasn't any.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4192182/World-leaders-duped-manipulated-global-warming-data.html
>>
File: 1443916871681.jpg (10KB, 240x280px) Image search: [Google]
1443916871681.jpg
10KB, 240x280px
>>51818827
religious right is the worst kind of right desu, only thing they're good for is riling up leftists
>>
>>51816285
What even motivated White wolf to do things like this? Shouldn't they ideally have kept politics out of their games so everyone could enjoy them?
>>
>>51824240
I bet they are the only ones who actually dare cover what happened last night in Sweden.
>>
>>51824488
People look for a platform to express their opinions, but you are right, it's not a really good move to force something that divisive in a fucking board game.
>>
>>51824497
They're one of the few who dare to mention what rapefugees do every single night in Sweden and a dozen other countries across Europe.
>>
>>51824512
Yeah, just like the terror attacks.
>>
>>51822807

But their fantasy cultures are inspired by IRL ones. What's the problem with fantasy-Harlem as oposed to fantasy-Japan, fantasy-India or fantasy Mediterranean?
>>
>>51824539
Because it was explicitly done to pander to the SJW crowd. No one had issues with black characters beforehand like Koth or Teferi, as their existence wasn't dependent on their skin color.

In the end it is just another cry for attention from WotC.
>>
>>51824488
Let's practice something called "empathy".

Some White Wolf Writer has a particular set of beliefs. Now, let's not challenge the beliefs right now, just assume that they are true, and reach the logical conclusions:

>gamergate was about the oppression of women by a toxic culture of white males.
>oppression of women is bad
>I have a platform where I can write supportive stories to the oppressed women, with little consequence, because the audience of my product largely agrees with me
>Not standing up to oppression is moral cowardice

Again, I'm not saying these beliefs are true, only that they are held, and if held, compel the writer to put in the anti-gamergate story.

Empathy is the ability to put yourself in the position of another, examine their beliefs, without necessarily adopting them for your own, and then understanding how those beliefs lead to specific actions. You should develop it, because it is a very useful skill.
>>
>>51824396
Man, Breitbart is as credible as HuffPo.
>>
>>51824497
Actually, Fox covered that, whatever that was.
>>
>>51824539
It's unnecessary, uncreative, restrictive, dishonest and manipulative.
>"Look there's an afroamerican woman stereotype in our game, please buy out game dear negro women"
I'd even argue it's part of why Trump won. It wasn't only WASPs voting for him. Minorities have realized the left doesn't respect them and actively discriminate against them to sustain the narrative that they're underprivileged. So the ones that weren't getting givemedats voted for the asshole who won't coddle, but won't "overprotect" them into failure either.
>>
>>51824587
>because the audience of my product largely agrees with me
That actually would make more sense. It's a shame that the writers at White Wolf seem to lack said empathy to the point where they are more than happy to piss people off as long as they can get their way.
>>
>>51824527
Breitbart was one of the only news sources that did a good job covering the Paris attacks. The MSM mostly just glossed over it and moved on in order to keep people from realizing the sort of animals mudslimes are. Breitbart on the other hand actually covered what the terrorists did to the hostages that they had taken. Torture, castration, rape, and all sorts of things, all for the fun of it. That's the sort of people you shitlibs are trying to import.
>>
>>51824587
Gamergate was about telling shills to be real or fuck off.

Your analogy is like letting people try to cure their cancer with homeopathy to "respect their feelings".

It's categorically wrong, facts>feelings.
>>
>>51824645
Of course breitbart covered the paris attacke well, they are a far right, anti imigrant news source, while MSM is a center left pro imigrant news source. Both are fucking baiesed as fuck, niether are relieble news outlets
>>
>>51816648
>ubermensch aryan jewhunters with a bonus to gas
>genderfuid pansexual monkeycats

The thing is, you are free to make these on your own at no urging from the publisher. Why include it at all?
>>
>>51824658
no, it was overblowing a problem that everyone knew was there and ended up kickstarting the fame of many SJWs because people could not handle the thing. I was pro-GG for the longest time, but GG fucked up on so many levels it's not even funny
>>
>>51824645
Those guys were domestic.

Which is also where you should be looking, probably.
>>
>>51824658
What the fuck even are you on about? He's not made an argument one way or the other; he's just showing you how you can avoid sitting there scratching your head dumbfounded whenever another person does something based on a set of beliefs different from your own.
>>
>>51824709
Yes, whenever SJWs don't get their way the worl was wrong and we fucked up.
Fuck off, Gawker was ruined, Anita/MacIntosh fizzled, Quinn hasn't been relevant since and Wu had a breakdown. That's victory enough.
And most importantly, normies learned not to trust reviewers.
>>
>>51824645
Because I'm certain that actually happened, and isn't just drummed up bullshit set up to sell clicks by making the attacks seem more exciting.

Don't get me wrong, that sounds like something that could have happened -- but there's no actual guarantee, and I haven't been able to find any corroborating sources. As a result, I have to assume that its far more likely that the Bataclan terrorists behaved just like most other terrorists who take hostages during police standoffs (i.e. they try to convince the hostages that they aren't bad people, and had a good reason for this, while simultaneously trying to keep them calm, on the grounds that the police will rush them if there's an obvious riot going on).

I have no reason to think these terrorists were any different, because Brietbart, like most media sources (and especially ones that aren't "mainstream"), can sell more clicks by making up some details to make the whole situation more exciting and dangerous.

Hell, you're on /tg/. You should know by now that the real world is usually far more boring and less edgy than you'd like.
>>
>>51824630
Part of the problem is that we all live in bubbles of thought. A guy on facebook sees his friend posting conservative ideas that he doesn't agree with, and he ignores him so he doesn't have to see it. A girl on 4chan sees someone posting something they don't agree with on a board so they drop it and retreat to pol. The internet has made it incredibly easy to ignore dissent and reinforce your own ideas with likeminded people, to the point that very few people have realistic views of the world's opinions.

A white wolf writer probably has a very liberal work and friend culture surrounding him, and filters out conservative viewpoints consciously or subconsciously, creating the perhaps false idea that the majority of his readers are likeminded liberals.

It's getting to the point where this is happening with our news media too. People dismiss news sites that present articles unfavorable to their beliefs, and retreat to even crazier sources, like Infowars or HuffPo, leading to the fake news crisis.

It arguably influenced the election. Pollsters thought Wisconsin, Michigan, and Ohio were locks for Hillary,despite evidence to the contrary. This might be because people who voted trump didn't trust random pollsters enough to actually share that, or it might have been due to incorrect polling mechanisms brought on by actual confirmation bias.

>>51824723
Here's a pretty good example of what I'm talking about. This guy correctly believes that the perpetrators of the 2015 Paris attack were french citizens (technically, some were belgian). This is correct, but it isn't the whole story, and he's either willfully or subconsciously ignoring the fact that the attackers got training in the middle east, and then exploited the immigration crisis to easily cross borders as Registered Terrorists.

>>51824658
I don't care what gg was actually about, I'm explaining why a person who thought it was about one thing might do another thing as a result of that belief.
>>
>>51824696
The author feels an urge to take a stand in favor of what they believe in.

That's not particularly weird.
>>
>>51824795
Nobody is dumbfounded, agendas are clear. You're playing retarded pretending you're not an SJW and asking for us to be open to agenda pushers.

How bout no? If it's so innocuous there's no harm in making fun of it. It's not like we haven't made fun of other dumb concepts in WoD and roleplay in general before.
>>
>>51824821
If I think you're threatening me and shoot you in response, I'm not right or should be empathized with.

Empathy is for the unfortunate, the misguided require correction.
>>
>>51824832
Hey, fuck you, buddy, you're firing on your own here. Carefully re-read the reply chain before you go foaming at the mouth at literally nothing.
>>
>>51824821
Yeah, that's pretty accurate.

Though to be honest, regarding "registered terrorists", increased immigration control would not have made any difference -- as citizens, they still could cross via any border, and unless they were on a very specific list and the border guards were feeling especially thorough that day (assuming there were any to intercept them), they still could pass between France and any other European nation without issue.
>>
>>51824863
> increased immigration control would not have made any difference -- as citizens, they still could cross via any border
Bullshit. They were known terrorists and if it weren't for the fact that Europe has open borders they would have been stopped on their way back in. They snuck in via the refugee program, which has fuck all in terms of checks for identity. If they had been, they would have been found out and the attack would have been stopped.
>>
File: 1349909715883.jpg (65KB, 566x480px) Image search: [Google]
1349909715883.jpg
65KB, 566x480px
>>51824849
empathy != sympathy
>>
>>51824849
No, we actually have a very legit system for this anon, that relies on empathy. It's called trial by jury, and self defense laws. If your belief that your life was in danger, and lethal force was necessary to save it, is considered reasonable by your jury, you'll probably be let go in most jurisdictions. Before the jury even gets to analyzing whether your presumptions were reasonable, it has to understand your presumptions (the actual process of empathy)

Self Defense, as a concept applied in american law, would never work if the juries were not allowed to, or could not, empathize with the accused.
>>
>>51824645
Fuck off back to /pol/, you piece of shit.

Quick question: what makes you think that the people you're holding up as some kind of heroes give a fuck about you? Most of them are rich. Unless you earn over 50k a year, they're as much your enemy as an Islamic extremist - in fact, in the US you probably have more to fear from them.
>>
>>51824863
That just shows that muds shouldn't be given citizenship. If someone is part of a group that wants to destroy your nation, why should that nation help them by giving them the rights of a citizen?
>>
>>51824921
Fucking commie. Used to just shoot 'em back in the day.
>>
>>51824921
50k a year is not rich by a long shot
>>
>>51824863
I don't know much about Europe's immigration controls. For reference, my source is the Guardian, and quotes in it by french officials, which I haven't verified independently.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/nov/20/paris-attacks-france-launches-un-push-for-unified-declaration-of-war-on-isis

The implication seems to be though that tighter border controls might have prevented some of the terrorists from getting in. But that may just be someone posting a narrative.
>>
>>51818063
Becuase that's how leftists propoganda works
>>
>>51818782
>you know who's really annoying it's those anti-SJW types amirite?
>>
>>51824921
> MUH /pol/
Fuck off shitlib. For years you people have been able to talk politics on every board, blabbing on and on about how wonderfully progressive you are. But the moment anyone disagrees, you scream "BACK TO /pol/!" But now the pendulum is swinging, and your time is ending. Now we don't have to hide our beliefs for fear of liberals trying to get us fired or ostracized. And guess what? It's all thanks to you. You shitlibs ran the country for decades and all you did was run it into the ground while screaming that everyone around you was a racist, sexist deplorable. And now America is sick of your kind, they've had enough and so now we can finally come out and speak our minds again.
>>
>>51824908
Still have to disagree there. There are tons of spots on France's border where anyone with or without a car could get in without getting caught. And terror lists are long, and often feature inaccurate photographs; how well do you think some border patrol guard would do in spotting someone in a cheap disguise off of a list of thousands of names?

Even if they used cameras, said terrorists would be over the border long before anyone checked the recognition software.
>>
>>51824998
> citing the goodgoyian
Kek
>>
>>51824932
Let me know when we start destroying anti-government libertarian groups then, please.
>>
>>51824808
You are probably wrong, I heard they were pretty fucking brutal.

>>51824821
>Here's a pretty good example of what I'm talking about. This guy correctly believes that the perpetrators of the 2015 Paris attack were french citizens (technically, some were belgian). This is correct, but it isn't the whole story, and he's either willfully or subconsciously ignoring the fact that the attackers got training in the middle east, and then exploited the immigration crisis to easily cross borders as Registered Terrorists.

My answer was for

>That's the sort of people you shitlibs are trying to import.

The terrorists are not coming from the outside. The majority is radicalized domestic ones, and the hard stance against refugees and the rampant right wing power demonstrations keep giving more and more incentive for radicalization; and not just muslim ones, but to fucked /pol/fags who want to shoot up schools and mosques.

All this hate being amped up just to get people to vote is going to keep backfiring over and over, and I just don't see a fucking end to it. I'm tired of it all.
>>
>>51823100

The sad this is that you could easily make compelling games that explore social issues/different cultures without resorting to what amounts to advertising.

I'd be totally down for a game where you're a runaway slave running to freedom while making hard choices about risking your own freedom for the freedom of your companions. Or maybe a horror game where you're in a wheelchair and the horror is ramp up hur hur about your lack mobility as you're being chased.

Fuck it pains me that these people are so uncreative.
>>
>>51825041
> the border is so porous that known terrorists can just walk in and start murdering people
> shitlibs cry "Oh, there's nothing that can be done!"

How about some actual borders? If a nation doesn't stop enemies from coming in, what the fuck is it good for?
>>
File: bin laden.jpg (588KB, 2151x1606px) Image search: [Google]
bin laden.jpg
588KB, 2151x1606px
>>51824932
There's no such thing as an absolute, timeless enemy.

>>51825053
>nation = state
I shiggy diggy doo.
>>
>>51825058
Right. Is your "pretty fucking brutal" source a site other than Breitbart? Because if you can't name it you could just be shitposting.
>>
>>51825053
Libertarians don't murder hundreds of innocent people in the streets. Libertarians don't form into rape mobs that the government lets run rampant without consequence because it would be racist to stop them.
>>
>>51825069
Shitlib here. I'm down provided you could find something that's affordable and works. Thusfar walls don't.
>>
>>51825075
>Right. Is your "pretty fucking brutal" source a site other than Breitbart? Because if you can't name it you could just be shitposting.

News on TV. I don't like watching this shit, so I did not, but security cams recorded some and it looked like straight on executions. I'm in Europe and I should sleep.
>>
>>51825069
> actual borders
DAS RACIST
>>
>>51825089
Didn't seem to work out that way for a lot of African-Americans in the '40s-70s.
>>
>>51825043
Seriously though, how do you determine which news sources are accurate anymore? Sometimes I feel like the world is slowly reaching the point of Total Recall, where you can't know for sure what competing narratives are valid.

I've started researching virtue ethics, because in a world where nearly everything can be doubted, virtue ethics seems to be the only valid guide of behavior (assuming you pick the correct virtues, which is it's own huge fucking issue).

>>51825058
>The terrorists are not coming from the outside.

But these terrorists did come from outside.

They started inside, went outside, got put on lists, got training, and then came back inside, from the outside. I don't think most of the wall builders want to ban all muslims. They want to stop immigration temporarily to prevent bad muslims from using the good muslims as cover.
>>
>>51825094
Here's one. Get rid of the muds. Round them up and ship them back to wherever they came from, then stop letting any more of them in. We have armies enough to secure our borders. If they try to invade, we kill them, because that's what an army is supposed to do to an invading horde.
>>
>>51825127
> using the good muslims as cover.
If they cover for terrorists, they're not good. "Good muslim" is a contradiction.
>>
>>51825111
"Executions" and torture/castrations aren't necessarily the same thing. And I like how you're avoiding finding evidence by ducking out of the conversation.
>>
>>51825127
>They want to stop immigration temporarily to prevent bad muslims from using the good muslims as cover.

That's not really the rhetoric I'm getting usually, so thanks. I know there are reasonable people everywhere, it's just that the majority I encounter aren't.
>>
>>51825129
How about we start by getting rid of non-contributing members of society.

That'll cover most of your "muds" right?

And its not like NEETs are doing us much good.
>>
>>51825153
> See, they didn't castrate people, they just murdered them!
> See how wonderful our new muslim overlords are?
Do you people even think about what you're saying before you say it?
>>
>>51825153
That's all the evidence I have dude. It was not a topic that interested me. Terror attacks are bad enough without me wanting to dig deeper into the specifics of how people were killed.

And just cause I should doesn't mean I will sleep.

Although I should.
>>
>>51825168
> How about we start by getting rid of non-contributing members of society.
Sure, that way we can finally get rid of all of the shitlibs too.
>>
>>51825167
/pol/ is not a place to go with the expectation of encountering reasonable discussion, just like I wouldn't go to the HuffPo comments section for that. There are surely reasonable people on /pol/, but it is drowned out so much by the circlejerk that I only visit it for a laugh or to get people I don't agree with to play devils advocate against me for free.
>>
>>51825177
>Look at how brutal these are
>Oh no they found out I made it up! Better make a statement about overlords!

>>51825191
Yes. Continue sleeping, sheeple.
>>
Can we just delete this thread before the /pol/ infestation takes hold and spreads? Exterminatus.
>>
>>51825195
Spoken like a true normie, trying to get rid of all the NEETs. Reee, etc.
>>
>>51825129
>giving up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety: the post
Protip: the state and its military aren't your friends.
>>
File: 1445646043292.png (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1445646043292.png
23KB, 400x400px
>>51825286
You might be able to erase the posts, but the /pol/ will never disappear.
>>
>>51825325
Most of the people who have these beliefs have friends or family in the military.
>>
>>51825124
Or the 1860s-1890s.
>>51825325
The sad thing is how people will never remember so simple a quote when they run for the pitchforks.
>>
>>51825373
Having people you are close to in the military != being a military fuccboi.
If you can't be objective about organizations that you are a part of, then you are not contributing anything except the circlejerk.
Look at this thread? It's full of people who BELIEVE in "their side". It's honestly pretty sad.
>>
>>51825373
I'm well aware. That individual service members might share your beliefs still has no bearing on the military as an institution.
>>
>>51825419
Sure, but it does mean you're working against familial and companion based trust when telling people not to trust the military.

Look at the people who say the military wouldn't support a tyrant, and would instead turn for the people in the event of a civil war.
>>
>>51825362
The spores have already been seeded, eh.

So be it, then. We will stand fast against the tide of xeno filth.
>>
>>51825461
Well, there's a good chance we are about to find out about that in the coming years...
>>
>>51825461
The definition of tyrant, however, seems to vary wildly depending on who you ask. For example, was Obama a tyrant? A big chunk of the country certainly thinks so, but another big bunch think he wasn't.
>>
>>51825489
I doubt it. People with our economic conditions don't revolt, and while the two party system does ensure tyranny, it also helps with economic and political stability.
>>
>>51825489
The military really loves Trump though. If he told us to march into San Francisco and put down a riot there, we'd do it, no questions asked.
>>
>>51825480
You are the xenos, anon.
>>
>>51825506
>A big chunk of the country certainly thinks so, but another big bunch think he wasn't.
Because one side didn't get what they wanted, and they were used to getting what they want.
It's amazing how privilege changes your mindset.
>>
>>51825546
Like I haven't been hearing that for a decade.
>>
>>51825550
I know, right? Happened just the same way in 2008.
>>
>>51825550
> Because one side didn't get what they wanted, and they were used to getting what they want.
You're kidding, right? Liberals have had control of the country for decades now. Obongo was just one more leftist in a long string of leftists.

> privilege
Oh wait, no. You're not kidding, just trolling.
>>
>>51825506
I don't think we should let fringe elements (on any side) cheapen words like "tyrant" for us. It's been estimated by military planners that fully half or more of the military would defect in the event of genuinely unlawful and tyrannical orders coming down the chain.
>>
>>51825592
I doubt even a quarter of the military would defect if they were ordered to do something like march into California's major cities and start shooting.
>>
>>51825590
>Reagan
>Bush Jr. and Sr.
>Heavily Republican Senate and Congress

Oh, I forgot, they're only the liberals you happen to disagree with them right now. "Liberals" is a code word for "boogeymen."
>>
>>51825590
>Obongo was just one more leftist in a long string of leftists.
Reagan - Bush Sr. - Clinton - Bush Jr. - Obama.

Besides Obama was constantly making an effort to be bipartisan while the Republicans were being notoriously uncooperative.
>>
>>51825590
>>51825590
>Liberals have had control of the country for decades now
The Supreme Court, which has been at the root of almost every decision you are thinking of, has been the result of the court ruling against the religious right in exchange for basic freedoms.
I remember when fucking Twisted Sister had to argue the right to make their music in front of (a majority Republican) Congress because they were screaming towards censoring music, especially the burgeoning hip hop.
No, anon, you are the troll, or simply ignorant of politics.
>>
>>51825642
> Besides Obama was constantly making an effort to be bipartisan
Wrong. Obamacare got zero republican votes. None. He didn't even attempt to bring them into the discussion, he just tried to ram it through with zero debate because "we needed to pass the bill in order to see what is in it."
>>
>>51825629
Bush Sr. raised taxes. Bush Jr. expanded medicare and bailed out the banks, running up the debt. Neither of them did anything to roll back the massive entitlement programs that have been running the country into the ground for decades now. They were leftists.
>>
>>51825681
Well, yes. Obamacare got few Republican votes because they rejected anything, regardless of compromise, when it came to health care reform.

The fact that they can't figure out how to replace it says a lot. Especially given how unpopular removing it wholesale is now.

In the meantime, most other bills were carefully designed compromises because 99% of the time nothing else would pass. Some people (who just follow what their favorite news site says) seem to think that all bills passed were "forced through", however.
>>
>>51825629
>>51825642
Well, I don't care about the liberal/conservative bogeyman, but all of those assholes were for increasing federal and executive power to unconstitutional levels.
>>
>>51825716
They ran on a Republican platform, supported big businesses, and had Republican supporters.

Face it. They were as right as the US was at the time, and rebranding won't change that.
>>
>>51825642
> Besides Obama was constantly making an effort to be bipartisan while the Republicans were being notoriously uncooperative.

Kek, king nigger didn't even try to talk to the republicans, he tried to rule through executive order. Remember how he put it? He would rule through his pen and his phone, not through bipartisanship.
>>
>>51825731
> Especially given how unpopular removing it wholesale is now.
Nope. Repealing Obamacare is so popular that it is literally one of the main things that got Trump elected. The American people despise it for massively inflating healthcare costs while doing nothing for them.
>>
>>51825735
Then I'm afraid that's a platform of everyone these days -- after all, giant walls and immigration bans aren't technically part of the executive branch either.

>>51825743
First, you'll have to prove he said that. Second, you'll have to prove that the Republicans ever voted for a compromise bill while he was in office.
>>
>>51825716
>>51825735
Right, so we're just going by the far-right looney alternate reality persecution complex definition of the word.

In that case yes, I totally agree, leftists have been getting what they want since Lincoln. I just wonder how you figure Trump won't be a massive leftist pussy.
>>
>>51825743
>>51825681
>>51825763
>alternative facts: the posts
We got another 10 minutes, let's see some more.
>>
>>51825763
Yeah, and now all the polls show a majority of people oppose removing it without something else in place.

Almost as if what was unpopular was the brand, not the action itself.
>>
>>51825776
I knew trump would be a statist cuck since day 1. I voted third party.

It's not like my vote actually mattered, I don't live in a swing state.
>>
>>51825763
First post in the thread, but motherfucker, it is unpopular to remove it without REPLACING it, and guess what hasn't happened? Don't forget Obamacare was a republican idea to begin with!
>>
>>51825796
The same polls that said shillary would win in a land slide? The same ones that said brexit couldn't possibly win? Those polls?

No, the American people are sick of Obamacare, that's why they elected someone who promised to get rid of it.
>>
>>51825763
Yeah so was Brexit, and then it was followed by a whole lot of frantically googling the consequences of Brexit and a lot of regret.

There's also literally people being held alive by the ACA who voted to repeal it not knowing that it's the same thing as Obamacare.
>>
>>51825800
> Don't forget Obamacare was a republican idea to begin with!
Nope. It was proposed by dims, backed by dims, and only dims voted for it.
>>
>>51825815
Then why wasn't it removed on day one?

Could it be that maybe forecast polls are inaccurate, but polls that say "how do you feel about X right now" are accurate (within the confines of people who are willing and able to take phone surveys)?

Otherwise, explain to me why it hasn't been replaced, and won't be until next year minimum. If Trump ever gets around to it.
>>
>>51825799
Right, but then how do you explain the left not being ecstatic? We won! You lost!
>>
>>51825838
> people being held alive by the ACA
I'll take "fiction" for 200.
>>
>>51825842
Romney would probably disagree with you on that.
>>
>>51825842
The affordable Care act was first put forward by the republicans during Bill Clintons term in office as an alternative to Universal Health Care, now they don't want their own idea because Obama decided to give it a shot.
>>
>>51825856
It hasn't been removed yet because like all government bureaucracy it's a massive monstrosity with tentacles everywhere and trying to pull it out is going to be difficult. That doesn't mean the American people aren't all for getting rid of it.
>>
>>51825861
Self described leftists are delusional, and don't realize that the powers Trump obtains for himself will be used by the next puppet to legislate social and cultural reform.
>>
>>51825879
Romney was from Massachusetts. Regardless of the letter after his name, that makes him a leftist.
>>
>>51825893
Funny how many other large bureaucratic objects Trump got rid of within the first month, huh?

And its only been around for a few years. Its not like we're ending the EPA here.
>>
>>51825868
Do you not know how American health insurance works, anon?
If you had a potentially life threatening condition (like cancer or malignant cell growth) that wasn't covered by your plan (often aren't), insurance companies can, and did, refuse to cover the treatments, or pull your coverage all together.
Now, that is illegal.
>>
>>51825911
Right, of course, because "leftists" are anyone we disagree with this week.
>>
>>51825886
Because the left literally has no ideas of their own. They've been running on the leftovers of Marx for more than a century and can't think up anything new. No shit they'd steal ideas and then pervert them to their own ends.
>>
>>51825904
I wish, but it'll probably just be another centre-right shill who won't try to rock the boat too much.
>>
>>51825947
Wrong, Universal Health Care was and is a good idea, The US of A is the only major western country not to put together a system for it yet, that should tell you something about republicans, it really should.
>>
>>51825800
The republicans do have a replacement. Tax credits and health savings accounts. You just haven't noticed because you're just stuck inside a liberal bubble and the MSM refuses to report anything that might make the republicans look good.
>>
>>51826018
People who can't afford their own healthcare should die.
>>
>>51826018
> Universal Health Care was and is a good idea
> The US of A is the only major western country not to put together a system for it yet
Name a single country that has been able to implement a universal healthcare system that
1.) Provides better care than the US, and
2.) Hasn't bankrupted the country
>>
>>51826046
Lots of geniuses start out in poverty, anon. This isn't a rich man's only club -- if it was, who would flip our burgers?
>>
>>51826018
I agree. Universal health care is a good idea.

Forcing people to buy insurance from for profit insurance companies is a terrible idea. Obamacare was a terrible idea.
>>
>>51826018
And guess what? We don't want to be like the rest of the world. You shitlibs go on and on about Europe, but the fact is that the American people don't want to live in Europe. We don't want to live in a place where mudslimes can rape and murder with impunity, where the state taxes the few productive citizens remaining in order to keep the poor in luxury without having to work, and where any hint of conservative thought is labelled as racist and banned.
>>
>>51826053
Singapore.
>>
>>51823924
>Demolished her

It was a bit closer than that m8
>>
Ban everyone in this fucking cancer /pol/ thread please, mods.
>>
>>51826018
Like it or not, Americans' fucked up health system is what funds and drives the vast majority of actual research and development in the sector. If they were to socialise it, progress would basically grind to a halt.
t. lives in a country with universal health care
>>
>>51826018
Universal healthcare is only possible because the US basically subsidizes the rest of the world's healthcare, both in terms of research and in terms of the total budget.

Because of the price controls in other nations, companies that are the main driving force behind new research, new technology, new drugs, etc. can't stay in business. They need the US market to actually be able to turn a profit and stay in business. All that technology that Europeans benefit from? Made possible by the fact that the US follows a market based approach rather than a statist one.

Same goes for the overall budget. European nations are only able to afford universal healthcare because the US pays for their defense. Without the US protecting them, they wouldn't have enough money for universal healthcare.
>>
>>51826094
Which just goes to show what a nation can do when it's free of nogs.
>>
>>51826141
>>51826161

Most actual research is done by state sponsored labs and universities. Private companies mainly just buy up or copy the products of public research. It's cheaper for them that way.
>>
>>51826072
I'm looking forward to the day my burgers are made by robots instead of having to pass through the hands of poor people and teenagers desu
>>
>>51826026
Those aren't replacements, and i don't Go to The MSM for my news, so go ahead and meme more.
>>51826053
The UK isn't bankrupt, neither is Canada, Or France, or Sweden or Norway or Finland. Or Iceland.
>>51826077
I know which is why I pointed out it was a Republican idea originally, Obama led the Dems to give their idea a try because they were unwilling to try Democrats idea of UHC.
>>51826091
We aren't like the rest of the world, and never will be but does that mean we shouldn't use a good idea when it's found to work.
>>51826141
Or the government would be forced to do the research and hire those researchers, nothing would change, we haven't changed the treatments for cancer in, how long now? we haven't found any new way to treat it save for poisoning or irradiating people in, how long?
>>51826161
Post proof that the research would stop entirely if the USA finally got the healthcare system the rest of the developed world has, or that literally anything in your post is true. Prove it, please.
>>
>>51826253
>I know which is why I pointed out it was a Republican idea originally, Obama led the Dems to give their idea a try because they were unwilling to try Democrats idea of UHC.

IIRC, Obamacare was based mostly off of Hillarycare. I mean, she's basically a republican, but I don't think that's what you were going for.
>>
>>51826109
She got BTFO in the electoral college, and that's what actually matters.
>>
File: 1447966669632.jpg (14KB, 361x287px) Image search: [Google]
1447966669632.jpg
14KB, 361x287px
>>51826253
Canada does not provide care even comparable with the US. Not by a long shot.
>>
>>51826280
It was actually based on the Republican counterproposal to Hillarycare, created by the Heritage Foundation. Hillarycare played up the employer side more than Obamacare/Romneycare.
>>
>>51826253
> The UK isn't bankrupt, neither is Canada, Or France, or Sweden or Norway or Finland. Or Iceland.
None of those have care that can compete with the US, as evidence by the massive number of people who fly into the US to get treatment.
>>
>>51826323
Regardless, two prominent democratic sources have proposed individual mandates, and two prominent republican sources have proposed individual mandates. Both favored private insurers over governmental payers.

It's time to face the fact that both parties want to screw the little guy, they just can't agree on what big guy to fellate while doing it.
>>
>>51826280
You are wrong, it was originally put forth in the 90's by Repubs during Bill Clinton's terms in office.
>>51826299
You are not Canadian as I've talked with a great many who are very satisfied with their system, and are glad that they don't have to worry about paying for it if they get cancer or break a bone, or anything really, anecdotal evidence perhaps but so is yours.
>>51826343
That's not what I've heard, Post proof of your claim might be useful.
>>
File: obesity_by_county_large.png (722KB, 2311x1465px) Image search: [Google]
obesity_by_county_large.png
722KB, 2311x1465px
>>51826253
Most of the nations that you've listed are smaller, homogenous, and have overwhelmingly white populations. None are applicable to the situation in the US, which has to deal with a massive black minority dragging it down with their incredibly unhealthy lifestyle.
>>
>>51826383
> You are not Canadian as I've talked with a great many who are very satisfied with their system
No true canadian, amirite?
>>
>>51826383
Oh yeah, it's so much better to wait for 6 months for someone to look at your broken arm.

Fucking idiot.
>>
>>51826429
They aren't nearly a large enough group to drag us down that much, and not all of the black people are niggers who sell drugs and join gangs and whine about their victimhood and commit violence..
>>51826449
I apologize, you could be canadian, but all the Maple leafers I've talked to happen to disagree with you.
>>51826474
Have you never heard of Triage procedure or Emergency Rooms? They do have those in all Countries that have UHC.
>>
>>51825838
Bregret was a literal meme, and current opinion polls show the same kind of slight majority in favour of it as the result.
>>
>>51824800
>Gawker was ruined
And I'm sure that had everything to do with Gamergate rather than a billionaire teaming up with Hulk Hogan to slap them silly on court
>>
>>51818500
>gamergate runs the country now
holy shit, replace gamergate with sjw and nothign changes!

it's magic!
Thread posts: 404
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.