[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

West Marches game.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (145KB, 742x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145KB, 742x960px
Has anyone ever played in a west marches style game? What was it like? Would anyone on /tg/ be interested in playing in one over roll20?
>>
>>51812677
I've got a friend who's been playing in one for over three years. They just had a special round where nine of the players showed up at once and two DMs had simultaneous sessions in similar locations. One party had to infiltrated hell and pull a giant devil back through a portal while the other party pushed on it from the other side. Generally, they would play with two completely unrelated quests but the campaign is ending this semester so it's time for the DMs to ramp up the action.

I'd love to be in one or DM one myself, but I'm already in a campaign and also running a giant collaborative worldbuilding project so I have no time. West marches seems so perfect for today's players who never have enough time to meet regularly.
>>
One of the things that really appeals to me about west marches as a forever DM is that you can have a co-DM and have a chance to play in their campaign.
>>
>>51812677
Is this a campaign setting or a separate game?
>>
>>51812677
I might be interested. What system were you thinking of using?
>>
File: image.jpg (355KB, 887x1142px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
355KB, 887x1142px
>>51813354
It's a style of play for a large group, with one or more DMs where players contact each other from the and form smaller parties to go adventuring with, scheduling a time that is convenient for everyone, rather than all meeting on a regular basis.
>>51813386

Probably an osr system or traveller for a sci-if game if people would prefer that, but I am open to change depending on what people would prefer.
Systems I am familiar with:
>rune quest 6
>rules cyclopedia D&D
>warhammer fantasy roleplay 2e
>traveller
> D&D 4e
>ad&d 2e
>>
>>51813493
Of the ones you listed my preference would be for WH or Rules Cyclopedia, or Traveler if sci fi.

(Personally I like rules lite narrative systems but that's not to everybody's taste and I know it. So, I'd be happy to play one of the above.)
>>
>>51813493

An OSR based West Marches open-table hexcrawl would be great. Get some fa/tg/uys together and party-kill like it's 1979.
>>
>>51813493
I think I'd be up for giving it a go, too.
>>
>>51813558
That actually sounds like a bit of fun.
>>
Anybody happen to have a pdf of Rules Cyclopedia?
>>
>>51813673
Never mind. Just found it free online. Should've looked before I asked.
>>
File: 1481511558949.jpg (183KB, 583x821px) Image search: [Google]
1481511558949.jpg
183KB, 583x821px
So just to be certain, have we decided on using rules cyclopedia for this?
>>
>>51813797
One vote for it and one vote for it or one of the better retroclones.
>>
>>51813797
>>51813830
I've never played it before, but I'm willing to try it. My vote is for warhammer 2nd.
>>
File: 1487156436485.jpg (73KB, 900x432px) Image search: [Google]
1487156436485.jpg
73KB, 900x432px
>>51813830
OP here I am fine with either WFRP 2e or Rules Cyclopedia, though I am slightly more familiar with Warhammer
>>
>>51813968
Run what you're going to be the most happy running, would be my advice
>>
File: IMG_1188.jpg (183KB, 736x973px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1188.jpg
183KB, 736x973px
>>51813995
In that case I will be using WFRP 2e, here is the link to the game on roll20:
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/69826/warhammer-fantasy-roleplay-west-marches#newtopic

If you are interested post there, I know it only says 5 slots but I will increase that to the number of players interested, also if anyone is interested in co-DMing please mention it.
>>
>>51814340
Sent you a PM first. I think the toughest thing with starting a West Marches table "cold", as it were, is getting a few core players who are willing to run with the more sand-boxy nature of the setting. They rely a lot on player initiative by nature and that's not necessarily something all players naturally have.

You don't necessarily need everyone to be go-getters, but having a core of people who are proactive both IC and OOC (scheduling things, etc.) does a lot to lift the GM's workload.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.