[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So....just how durable are they?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 68

File: latest[1].jpg (621KB, 1517x1198px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
621KB, 1517x1198px
Lots of different views seem to come up on this matter and a lot of inconsistancies.

Are they literally tough as a galaxy at the core? Saitama is supposedly tough enough to onepunch them acording to the auther and there is the whole thing where wildbow talked about how endbringers can destroy the sun and the scene where behemoth withstood an energy weapon that could obliterate india yet scion dismantled behemoth with ease.

What is even going on with them?
>>
Ever read any Larry Niven shit? You know about scrith, or monomolecular hulls?
>>
>>51807588
They're as durable as the plot demands.
>>
>>51807588
Saitama can obliterate half the universe with one punch, and that's only because he can only punch in one direction at a time.
>>
>>51807696
This, essentially. Wildbow getting into the mathematics of how durable they are is just a case of an author throwing around large numbers to make things sound impressive. Not that I'm going to hold it against him, that kind of thing happens all the time with fiction.

The best explanation is "very durable, getting exponentially moreso the closer you get to their core". Any detail beyond that is meaningless.
>>
>>51807696
Literally this considering their origin.
>>
>>51808351
> just a case of an author throwing around large numbers to make things sound impressive.
Not to mention that the big ass numbers they throw around usually isn't even close to big enough to actually be accurate.
>>
Surface layer is equal durability to aluminum. The next layer is twice as strong as the previous. 222 layers surrounding a core.
>>
>>51808351
just like that one time he went on record saying that saitama could onepunch behemoth.

https://www.reddit.com/r/whowouldwin/comments/3ypzqb/saitama_vs_behemoth_worm/

Wait...
>>
They can only be killed in fanfiction by:
>Author fiat
>Some bullshittery involving either clockblocker and/or fletchette
>Some CYOA or self-insert with blatantly OP powers.
>>
File: 1486332333967.jpg (143KB, 780x974px) Image search: [Google]
1486332333967.jpg
143KB, 780x974px
>>51808854
>The author of a work comes in and says that his character would get killed in one hit
>redditors still arguing and getting assmad about it

This is so much cancer
>>
File: 1463335514871.png (290KB, 444x440px) Image search: [Google]
1463335514871.png
290KB, 444x440px
>>51811460
>>
>>51808854
I mean that's Saitama's thing.
That's the whole point of the Saitama story is that he can beat anything, anywhere, for any reason.
>>
File: e.jpg (86KB, 400x889px) Image search: [Google]
e.jpg
86KB, 400x889px
Everything we know about them from the story is from the point of view of failable, biased humans using arcane alien powers that are both tailored to them and their biases, as well as designed to not give them anything they can hurt themselves with, including information. So everything we get from the story is basically guesswork at best, and unhelpful crap at worst, and so anything more detailed then "really fucking durable" should probably be ignored for sanity's sake.

>scion dismantled behemoth with ease
Scion can hit them with things the humans don't have access to. All the capes in the world working together only beat scion because of superior tactics and teamwork plus psychological warfare; he we still far more powerful than every one of them put together. Plus, the humans' powers are known to have arbitrary rules put on them at the whim of their creators, for all we know that could include "reduced potency vs those big monsters we made." Scion would have no such limitation.

Anyway the real question is whether they could win in a fight with pic related.
>>
File: 1475439921995.jpg (52KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1475439921995.jpg
52KB, 640x360px
>>51811460
Wow I thought our power level autists were bad, but they can't hold a candle to the military grade autism in that thread.
>>
>>51812744
>Anyway the real question is whether they could win in a fight with pic related.

The big problem is the endbringers are really tanky. The kind of warp tricks needed to cheat past it are only really available to 40k's top dogs..people like the emperor.

While the endbringers are tough i really don't see them having the 'OOMPH!' that is actualy needed to take the GEOM out of play before he tosses them into a warp rift on a whim.
>>
File: 1481350630970.jpg (132KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1481350630970.jpg
132KB, 1024x768px
Hoe well would he do in the worm universe?
>>
File: simurgh.jpg (107KB, 793x1008px) Image search: [Google]
simurgh.jpg
107KB, 793x1008px
>>51807588
according, to tvtropes:
>Fan calcs, confirmed by Word of God, have produced exact numbers for just how durable they are. Those numbers reveal that the pressure in the sun's core is too low to damage their cores by fifty-one orders of magnitude. No wonder they never die; they literally cannot be killed by anything abiding by normal laws of physics.

These things are supposed to be unbeatable by humans. The only reason they didn't destroy civilization within a few years is that they were holding back, only stepping up their game when the heroes learn how to deal with their current strategies.

The Simurgh alone could fuck humanity up beyond repair. Normal thinker - thinker interference doesn't affect her, you literally can do nothing against her precog-timebombs.
>>
>>51807588

The question is academic, because they can't be destroyed with superpowers. Only Scion can destroy them. For everyone else, it's impossible to do enough harm.

You don't have to worry about numbers at that point. If someone goes "This sword can't be broken," you don't need to determine how much pressure it can actually take. You just need to know "No force that can realistically be brought to bear can break this sword."
>>
File: Leviathan_2.jpg (208KB, 778x1027px) Image search: [Google]
Leviathan_2.jpg
208KB, 778x1027px
>>51811460
At first, I thought that pic was Taylor talking to bugs in a jar.

>>51812744
Here, the big questions is wether or not he can make himself immune to the simurghs powers. The other 4 he - should - be able to take, at least if he engages them one at a time. If the Simurgh, however, is able to anticipate his every action, there is not much he can do, no matter how powerful he is.

>>51816486
Depends on weither or not he can trigger - if yes, empire 88 gets another member, if not - who the fuck cares?

Also yay, Worm thread
>>
>>51816486
>time traveling cyborg who has, single handed, unmade entire nations and continental landmasses home to sorcerers and magically empowered warriors

Still can't beat an Endbringer.
>>
>>51808191
>Saitama can obliterate half the universe with one punch, and that's only because he can only punch in one direction at a time.
Doesn't he have two arms?
>>
>>51816583
>Depends on weither or not he can trigger

He already unmakes reality whenever he throws a fit, I dread what he would get when shard triggered.
>>
>>51816629
...maybe he already HAS triggered? After all, powers being connected to emotional states is not uncommon.
>>
>>51816660
>trigger events
>Skitter:isolation, bullying
>Drue:confronting his abuser
>Whitestrake:Elves! GODAMN ELVES!
>>
File: armsmaster.jpg (16KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
armsmaster.jpg
16KB, 320x320px
>>51816723
that means, of course, that his power gets stronger the more ELVES there are.

...maybe he should be introduced to everyones favourite faerie queen?
>>
>>51816780
That would likely delete everything in a 10 mile radius.

>When asked what it was like to go into one of his genocidal rages that would see the death of nations, Whitestrake replied "It is like realizing the dream no longer needs a dreamer."
>>
File: bonesaw_2.jpg (152KB, 1024x384px) Image search: [Google]
bonesaw_2.jpg
152KB, 1024x384px
>>51816884
> It is like realizing the dream no longer needs a dreamer

that could come straight from GU. What might she call him, given the fact that the Destroyer is already taken? The Annihilator? The Fury? The Templar?
>>
>>51816944
The Fury is a good one.

Or The Crusader.

As much as he wreck reality his quest is ultimately to remove those who would infact undo all that is.

If he has to cut out large swathes of reality to do that is justifiable.
>>
I'm an uneducated plebian, what series are these core things from? What's their dealio?
>>
>>51817033
From what I gather the series it's from is Worm, a webseries. The basic plot is eldritch abominations from beyond the stars are engaged in an elaborate trans dimensional mating dance that grants humans powers based on ho fucked up they are. The ore trauma you've suffered, the sweeter the powers.
>>
>>51817033
It's from a webseries called Worm. It's about superheroes and the end of world. To be precise, it's about a traumatized girl getting the power to control bugs and subsequently fucking shit up in an increasingly fucked up city. It's fucking long, and the length and teenage angst at the beginning puts a lot of people off, but it really gets amazing after the first few chapters. Creative powers, detailed characters, and some actually convincing grey morals instead of edgy bullshit and apologetic, misunderstood antiheroes.
>>
>>51817165
Nah, the strength of the powers got nothing to do with the tseverity of the trauma, But the nature of the trauma influences the kind of power you get. Mental trauma - mental powers. physical danger and injuries- physical powers. Environmental danger - powers to influence your surroundings etc.
>>
File: Leviathan.jpg (82KB, 1063x752px) Image search: [Google]
Leviathan.jpg
82KB, 1063x752px
>>51817011
He would get along with cauldron
>>
>>51816624
2 arms = 2 punches.
>>
>>51817192
>>
>>51816944
>Jack never gave a single fuck
>Never ever
>>
>>51816583

>Here the big question is wether or not he can make himself immune to the simurghs powers.

He's the mother fucking emperor. ziz has nothing on the sort of mind busting shinanigans that the emperor can and does defend himself from. simurgh uses future sight to do all of her stuff, there's no reason for the emperor would not be able to nullify her perceptions directly with warp shinanigans and make her brain explode using psyker abilities.

Her song has got nothing on the kind of mindrape that the emperor takes and dishes out consistantly.
>>
File: IMG_0196.png (1MB, 1024x1638px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0196.png
1MB, 1024x1638px
Is taylor a good person?

We see a lot of worm's plot through her pov and it has generated a lot of sympathy for her situation. We don't like seeing her get the short end of the stick. We understand the rationalizations that she makes and we tend to agree with her logic.

That said, we should be remembering that Taylor was a criminal. She went native. As much as I enjoy reading Worm I wouldn't want to actually meet her (or any of the undersiders) they are volatile and messed up people after all.
>>
>>51811460
All that 'muh feats' talk is from some website that is literally just cancerous powerlevel arguments. Like, that's the whole purpose of the entire website.

I forget the sites name (it might be deathbattles but that might just be a similar site) but imagine the worst fucking /a/co/tg/ bullshit powerlevel thread, then add in usernames and remove all irony

I wouldn't be so disgusted if they stayed in containment but as you can see, the users of said site bring their own sites rules and 'logic' to other sites like reddit and 4chan and, well, you can see the idiocy that ensues. Ignoring authorial intent and fictional tropes in favor of bad science and 'muh feats'

I'M MAD
>>
File: image.jpg (207KB, 1280x3620px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
207KB, 1280x3620px
>>51807588
How would you kill pic related using only what could be bought in stores and a handful of friends? I wish I could ask /k/, but I doubt they know Worm.
>>
>>51821892
Interesting question.

From the 'about' page , Wildbow certainly seems to think so:

>As she risks life and limb, Taylor faces the dilemma of having to do the wrong things for the right reasons.
>>
>>51825408
wait wtf do I have a trip
>>
>>51821892
Unless you're completely basing it on the objective amount of goals accomplished, she's a neutral person at best. Why even ask?
>>
>>51807588
Man, how do I come up with good powers like Wildbow? Is he just one of those natural geniuses, or is there a method?
>>
>>51816538
>The question is academic, because they can't be destroyed with superpowers
Wosshername with the crossbow can geek them, but nobody else than her.
>>
>>51817178
There is, however, an overabundance of "every evil/huge dick person is just really traumatized" in it. Seriously, like, one guy is a dick 'cause he wants to be.
>>
>>51825273
Plan A: Dig a pit, fill the bottom with tar/some other mildly sticky substance. Lure him near the pit, hit him with a car to push him into the pit. Fill pit with cement.

Plan B: Thermite bombs. Mix aluminium oxide, rust, and candle wax together. Stick a sparkler into the resulting blob. Make a bunch of them. Light them and throw them at him. Basically napalm on steroids.
>>
>>51825273
Bigass fertiliser bomb?
>>
>>51807588
>Saitama is supposedly tough enough to onepunch them
Boros took like fifty normal punches and a Serious Punch to die, and an Endbringer is significantly tougher than Boros.
>>
File: 1473519188743.png (333KB, 560x934px) Image search: [Google]
1473519188743.png
333KB, 560x934px
So the Endbringers were originally created by Eden for some mysterious purpose and then buried underground. Then Eidolon gets one of Eden's admin-level shards and subconsciously uses his root-access privileges to awaken them so he has something to fight.

What did Wildbow mean by this? What did Wildbow mean by anything post-timeskip?
>>
>>51827667
>Thermite bombs
Nah, he practically no-sells heat effects (withstood Crucible's bubble). Honestly, he's pretty much immune to everything but large amounts of physical force and some exotic effects. These are good ideas, though.

If you think about it, Mannequin is honestly pretty OP. He has significantly above-average speed, strength, and durability/immunity. He has incredible agility, endurance, and stealth. He has enhanced senses, a body that mixes short and long-range capabilities, and an unconventional fighting style that takes advantage of his body's unique abilities. That's not even getting into the fact that all of that is modular and can be adjusted to suit a particular situation or the fact that he's actually a tinker and all of this only represents a fraction of the possibilities offered by his power.
>>
Could Superman solo Behemoth?
How about Silver-Age Supes?
>>
>>51827945
I found the Endbringer explanation satisfying. It's about as good as it gets for a super-hyped mystery.
>>
>>51827989
Why didn't Alexandria just grab an Endbringer and throw it into space? Well, I guess it would have to be Leviathan, since the Simurgh and Behemoth could get back...
>>
>>51827667
>Plan a:

Even assuming you guys could sucessfully trap the guy there's the ever present fact he's just going to strait up outlast the concrete that you sealed him in with.

>Plan b:

He's withstands worse heat then that by a long shot, i betcha you that it won't even leave a scratch on him.

>Crucible caught him. A forcefield bubble surrounded the figure, pale blue, then flared a brilliant orange-white. Mannequin would be fireproof, though. Even an extreme heat like Crucible could create wouldn’t have an effect.
>>
>>51827985
>modular
Is Mannequin a potential future for Kid Win? I've read a list of what Kid win accomplished, it's not too shabby. Still blown away by Armsy though.
>>
>>51828104
She's not strong enough to throw one that far and she can't survive without air.
>>
Why do people like Worm?
>>
>>51828272
It's ok for capeshit.
>>
>>51828173
Well, there's no indication, iirc, that Kid Win can work with organics, while it's likely that Mannequin gets bonuses for combining organic and inorganic components (biosphere specialty).

Don't even talk about Armsmaster. He's a filthy cheater who gets Dragon to help him anyway. Limits? What limits?

If it hasn't been made clear yet, Mannequin is my favorite tinker, personally. He actually feels like he's working with technology, not just reproducing regular powers with a technological aesthetic.
>>
>>51828272
Why do you not like Worm?
>>
>>51828358
>He actually feels like he's working with technology, not just reproducing regular powers with a technological aesthetic.

That has to be my biggest gripe with Bakuda, though it makes sense she'd hyperfocus on exotic effects. She's the kinda gal who made Mary Sues on forums to feel special.
>>
>>51808854
Holy shit
I scrolled down just far enough to see it.
I think I just went from orange to bright blue on the autism spectrum.
>>
>>51828454
Yeah, having one of her bombs completely bypass the defenses of two of the most unkillable characters and, well, kill them was a bit much. If it makes you feel any better, 'bow said that she doesn't really know what she's making until it's made, so she probably would have never grown much as a problem-solver, had she survived.
>>
>>51828586
>Word of God
>NUH UH YOU CAN'T SAY THAT EVEN IF YOU'RE THE AUTHOR

Jesus christ. Death of the Author is a concept that should go fucking die. This level of entitled fucking autism pisses me off so much. If the author says something, that something goes, period, fuck you.

The only exception is if the author can't make up their mind or is proven to flip flop, like Bradbury.
>>
>>51827985
Wait, so you're saying that he's weak to guns, bombs, getting hit by cars, etc., but not much else? That's a pretty crappy weakness.
>>
>>51825273
Lots and LOTS of bullets.

PROTIP: there's a rumor that his brain is hidden in one of his legs
>>
>>51829017
It doesn't have to be lots if it's high-powered and he's close, theoretically.

I don't think so. It was confirmed in his debut interlude that his torso contained organs, and we know that his parts are self-contained, so I don't think his brain is in his leg, as it wouldn't have access to nutrients, etc. Also, it's noted later that his torso is tougher than his limbs, generally.
>>
>>51829190
Actually, this makes me wonder what would happen if all of Mannequin's limbs were removed. Would his brain-container sprout legs or something? Does he have a suicide switch?
>>
>>51811460

Source?
>>
>>51816486
This nigga shouted at the main God when he felt him watching him. The dude's fucking crazy.
>>
>>51827504
Well considering the prerequisite for getting powers is to be horribly traumatized it makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>51829306
> Equipped with a sword.
> Erases continents.
> After being enraged and ditching the sword, that is.

Pelinal is too fucking OP for a fantasy setting.
>>
>>51829326
TES isn't a very normal fantasy setting once you start getting into the robot-Pelinal–type shit.
>>
>>51829325
Maybe, but it loses any form of impact when it's revealed, once again, that they're just still affected by their trigger event. I get that that's a theme of the writing, that natural-made capes have problems and all. But it very quickly turns into "guess what trauma is affects this poor, unfortunate soul"
>>
>>51816624
He's One Punch Man, not Two Punch Man, idiot.
>>
>>51827903
The whole point of there being 'Serious' moves is that you can see that Saitama really isn't trying that hard with the normal moves. He wants a good fight, and if it means he doesn't fight at full power, then he'll pull his punches all day long.
>>
>>51828272
The beginning hooked me with its grounded setting, "plausible" power situation, intense street level action, interesting side characters, and character driven plot.

Then the Leviathan attack happened and 90% of the shit that I liked was literally and metaphorically swept aside to make room for a post-apocalyptic gangland dystopia, a plot revolving around brown-nosing to save a little girl, said little girl announcing the end of the world angle (which I hate), and a total 180 in Taylor's development.

Then the whole crimelord-turned-Ward shit happened, followed by S Class threat after S Class threat, then finally the apocalypse. But by this point I was resigned to things not being the way I wanted them to be.

I mean fuck, I like Worm, it's good, but I wish that it hadn't changed so radically.
>>
>>51829356
> Some dude ripping off his dick and then ripping the Demon God of rape's dick off and then fusing them and wielding it as a spear.

Wew lad.
>>
>>51827903
Is that you in the reddit thread?>>51808854
>>
Why the fuck would you even acknowledge other stories in your own story.

First thing I'd say is "This thing can kill Superman and Saitama with their arms tied behind their back. That's a canonical fact, put it on the Wiki.".

Fuck powerlevel fags.
>>
>>51830290
Well, good for you that Worm 2 is set to begin soon and will supposedly focus on more low-level confrontations.
>>
>>51830290
This shit right here. Worm fell down HARD as the scale grew.
>>
File: bad news.png (75KB, 596x447px) Image search: [Google]
bad news.png
75KB, 596x447px
>>51827989
>Silver Age Supes
>Being meaningfully challenged by anything that isn't the Omnipotent, Abrahamic God
>>
>>51828215
So you need super-strength, flight and ability to survive without air. If only there was a hero who can make up to three powers at will...
>>
>>51834953
Well, you also need something that will keep the Endbringer from killing you, but your major point is apparently sound.
>>
>>51834989
I mean, get enough telekinesis and you only really NEED 1 power...
>>
>>51827903
"Serious punch" is literally just that, Saitama putting a modicum of effort into a punch. Not a supermove which he can only use sparingly. He was pulling his punches even more than normal to give him an interesting fight until he threatened to blast life off the planet
>>
>>51827903
1. Creator of Worm has gone on record to say that Saitama would one shot.
2. Creator of OPM has stated that Saitama could destroy half the universe with one full power punch. Half, because the other half would be behind him.
>>
File: Hulk13.jpg (80KB, 442x528px) Image search: [Google]
Hulk13.jpg
80KB, 442x528px
The Hulk and Bruce Banner are two separate beings set in the Worm universe.

What kind of Trigger event would cause his powers? Not just physical abuse as a description, what happened in detail?

And Bruce Banner being caught in his gamma radiated blast whilst also suffering from his other mental traumas, what new abilities would come from it?
>>
>>51835276

>The hulk and Bruce Banner are two separate beings set in the Worm universe

Yeah, a shard and a host. nothing more nothing less.

>What kind of Trigger event would cause his powers?

He was a cutting edge scientist who gave up everything in his civilian life to do more research. right then he's studying radiation in the aftermath of a particularly bad behemoth in a helicopter but the guys he's traveling with don't like being sdo close to a landscape that glows and start beating the shit out of him. they toss his barely conscious body off the heli.

miraculously he survives the impact still fuming at the betrayal, he triggers with an anger based power that buffs his muscles the more Angy he gets. the shard realizes that he's still going to die from the fall and the radiation he's surrounded by and adds on the effect that radiation heals him.
>>
>>51834369
He probably just said as much because Saitama is a joke character is a parody story that actively mocks powerlevels.

Yeah he could have wanked Behemoth, but he would have come off as a whiny bitch who missed the whole point of the show.
>>
>>51834728
I hope so, but there's still a bunch of big scale shit left to explore, like the third entity, what the Endbringers are up to, what Teacher is up to, that Sleeper guy, and the world dominated by capes.

I'm not against this stuff, but I hope Wildbow handles it better than he did the first time around.
>>
>>51811974
It's even explicitly stated that, without a limiter, Saitama's strength is theoretically infinite.

No matter what he is facing, he beats it.

Even against a different Saitama, Saitama would effortlessly win.

>>51816583
Seeing the future is capable by Farseers and Changers of Ways. They are difficult opponents but far from invincible So is simurgh.
>>
>>51834369
>Why the fuck would you even acknowledge other stories in your own story.

Because that's the logical, non-douchebag way of thinking, the way of thinking that comes naturally to creators. Probably the reason why you'd never amount of anything is that you can't understand that basic point of view.
>>
>>51807588
What is Behemoth? And what is Worm? Anyone care to explain?
>>
>>51836980
Behemoth is a giant nigh-unstoppable monster.

Worm is a web serial about superheroes and supervillains and monsters.

https://parahumans.wordpress.com/
>>
>>51836388
You misunderstand the whole point of One Punch Man.

It's not about a parody of powerlevels.

It's a parody of powerlevel wankers.

Saitama's life is hell. He has no reason to live. He'll never have a worthy fight in his life, because EVERYONE can be defeated in one punch. He dreams of heroic fights that drag on for hours. And it is always over within a second. It is a deeply pessimistic story about being at the top and not having any challenges.
>>
>>51834953
The only endbringer that could possibly get tossed into space is leviathan and thats assuming that he can't just point his hydrokinisis back towards earth and impact the earth along with millions of tons of frozen ice created from the water echo from orbit.

Or he sends a comet our way as spite.

Or the simurgh intercepts him and turns the attempted btfo into a doubles battle.
>>
>>51827903
One of the things I think you may have missed in relation to that scene is that Saitama sees himself in Boros. Boros had the same problem that Saitama did in that every fight was boring because of how powerful he had gotten. Saitama held himself back far far more than normally to give Boros that fight.
>>
>>51838622
Yeah space wouldn't work.

Finding the Way lied.
>>
Didn't someone give Levi some 5e stats in a past thread? Anyone recall them?

If I ever Gm I'm tempted to toss him at my players if they reach a point they can take it.
>>
>>51808854

>it's thickness is plot
>author says "could get one-punched by a super hero whose 'power' is to be stronger than plot"

Like...

What do you *think* One Punch Man's 'power' is? He's literally the Powerman meme, given form.
>>
File: IMG_0405.jpg (62KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0405.jpg
62KB, 375x523px
>>51841912

>Leviathan

>Huge Construct, Unaligned

>AC:22
>HP:700
>Speed: 50ft walking, 800ft swimming

>STR: 26 (+8) DEX: 14 (+2) CON: 30 (+10) INT: 22 (+6) WIS:18 (+4) CHA 10 (+0)

>Skills: Intimidation +10, Athletics +10, Wisdom +10, Intelligence +10, Strength +10, Con +14, Cha +5, Dex+5
>Damage Immunity: slashing, piercing and bludgeoning with none magical weapons, poison.
>Damage Resistance: fire, cold, lightning, thunder.
>Languages: understands common but can't speak
>CR: 28

Innate spellcasting

Leviathan can cast these spells innately the listed number of times, requiring no material components, its spellcasting ability is Intelligence (Spell save DC: 21)

At will: Shape water, Create or destroy water (cast at 9th level), Tidal wave, Wall of water

Three times per day: Maelstrom, Control winds

Once per day: tsunami

Siege monster: this monster deals double damage to buildings.

Water echo: attacks against leviathan are at disadvantage to hit.

Legendary resistance: if leviathan fails a saving throw, it can chose to succeed it instead

Lord of stormy seas: a constant monsoon accompanies leviathan everywhere he goes, stretching out in a ten mile radius around him, in addition he can use his swim speed so long as he is in contact with water to move across the water as if under the effect of a water walk spell.

Actions

the leviathan makes 5 melee attacks, 3 slam attacks and 2 tail attacks

Slam: +17 to hit, reach 10 ft one target 4d8+10 bludgeoning damage

Tail: 17 to hit, reach 15 ft one target 4d12+10 slashing damage
>>
File: 1473419824464.jpg (166KB, 900x434px) Image search: [Google]
1473419824464.jpg
166KB, 900x434px
>>51827314

Pick an object nearby.

Consider what it is and what it does in both physical and concept terms

Pick a second object.

Do the same, but use what you get as a modifier or limitation.

Lamp? Light? Lasers?
Bed. Stationary. recovery.

Blaster/changer - The longer you refrain from moving, you can shoot lasers of increasing power, and grow a thicker coating of hard crystal. Stay still long enough, and you become an incredibly durable floating crystal obelisk of death, like a disco ball crossed with the death star.

There, it's easy.
>>
File: IMG_0206.jpg (21KB, 195x258px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0206.jpg
21KB, 195x258px
Con't

>>51842076

Legendary actions (5 actions)

leviathan can perform actions in another creatures turn, these actions are

Slam: leviathan makes a slam attack

Tail: leviathan makes a tail attack

Surge(uses 2 actions): leviathan moves up to his maximum movement speed, leaving behind a wave of water that functions identically to a tidal wave spell

Charge (uses 3 actions): leviathan can move in a direction and charge at an enemy, 18+ to hit, one target, Hit: 8d10+10 bludgeoning damage, after being charged the target must succeed a DC 21 Dexterity saving throw or be moved with leviathan until he has spent all his movement in a single direction, if the leviathan impacts anything larger than him as he moves both the target and the thing being pushed are dealt the damage of the slam and the movement continues if the object is destroyed.

if leviathan misses his attack he continues moving until he reaches the end of his movement, colliding with everything in his path
>>
>>51842076
>>51842109
Good shit, anon. 800 swim speed is fitting and ridiculous all together.
>>
>>51808854
Man, good on him.

Autists that argue about powerlevels with a character whose entire shtick is to mock powerlevels are beyond irredeemable. I'm glad Wildblow just said straight up that Saitama would onepunch one of his characters.
>>
>>51812744
>Anyway the real question is whether they could win in a fight with pic related.

The stuff we see him do in Master of Mankind isn't really all that impressive.

Behemoth would kill him, imo.
>>
>>51821892
Eh, she's okay.

To be honest her and Brian probably wouldn't bad friends to those in their civilian life. Taylor being speculation seeing as she has no civvie friends.
>>
>>51842612
>Killing a perpetual
I'm not sure you comprehend the magnitude of bullshit required to pull that off.

And that's not even ignoring that Empy is way stronger than even the second most unstoppably badass perpetual, Vulkan.
>>
>>51828104

Leviathan pulls water from other dimensions, so he can easily propel himself... and of course, their powers are artificially limited, so they could just cheat their way back or the Simurgh could go and catch him.
>>
>>51842658
Taylor is not okay. Even in the early parts of the story she was inclined to extreme violence, and was really good at justifying her actions to herself. And she only gets worse as it goes on.
>>
File: image.jpg (141KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141KB, 1024x576px
>>51843042
You don't know how many degenerates are out there until you see how many people read Worm and support Taylor wholeheartedly. Well, that and Breaking Bad, but that's not what we're talking about here.
>>
>>51843178
It is pretty fucked up. I think the story and world was done a real disservice by being seen through Taylor's eyes 95% of the time. I wish that Wildbow had done more of a multiple protag thing on top of interludes. As it is the presentation of events and the setting is very biased. Like any given reader might be inclined to hate Glory Girl for her behavior, but if you really look at it from her perspective you can understand, if not condone, her actions.
>>
>>51842354
Not just one of his characters, but probably the strongest non-Entity one.
>>
>>51844624
But could he onepunch Scion, given the extradimensional well thing? Also, Saitama has enough psychological issues for ptv to work, just saying.
>>
>>51844760
He would have to serious punch Scion, because the punch needs to get every bit of him, not just his body in that one dimension.

It would still be one punch though.
>>
>>51844760
"You'll never have worthy opponents."
>>
So the point of One Punch Man is that the writers aren't even pretending that he might not win a fight, so that the real story has to be about something other than fighting, right? Like, it's really about his relationships and daily life and other things that can't be solved with punching, as a way of makibg fun of shonen anime that are all about powerwanking and long tedious fights? Or is it just trying to do the shonen anime thing better than everyone else by taking it to its logical conclusion?
>>
>>51845187
One Punch Man presents Saitama, a character who isn't that smart or attractive but is incredibly powerful.

He is then accompanied by other characters who are not as strong as him but are generally smarter and have better looks.

Then the monsters are introduced, Saitama is generally at a 25% chance to be there to handle them before anything actually happens.

What follows is the other characters trials against these monsters and other entities that while Saitama could handle them effortlessly (to his annoyance) they may be in battles of life or death against.

So it's a mix, his relationships with other characters and his duties in the world he is in, the monsters that exist against him and the heroes and other things like the importance of getting to the store during sale hours.
>>
>>51807588
durable enough to conventual attack that meaningfully damaging one means the solar system is collateral damage. But have built in vulnerabilities to high-end exotic forms of attack.
>>
>>51845187
The point is, he's too strong. And he knows it - fighting is no longer interesting for him as they all end in a single punch.

Also for a multitude of reasons he's never actually accredited with any of his victories, so no one actually believes he's strong at all and he's constantly belittled for 'cheating' his way up the hero rankings.

It's definitely not a typical shonen. Nothing insanely amazing, but it's a fun read/watch.
>>
>>51846977
There's also the weird fact that Saitama is one of the most genuinely heroic character's in the entire series while the other heroes that aren't part of his group are more concerned with shit like their movie careers or gaining popularity.
>>
>>51847400
I wouldn't call him genuinely heroic. He's a nice guy, sure, but he isn't about truth and justice and bravery. He's about money and good fights.

Mumen Rider is fucking heroic.
>>
>>51836481
Yes, but there is "seeing the future in a general way" and seeing every single aspect of the future, propably down to a molecular level. Simurgh can even work around whatever blind spots there are by anticipating the future of the surroundings of said blind spots. Not saying she would definitly saying, but I'm not entirely sure that emps would be able to fuck her up all that easily. A fight between them might be more like emps vs tzeentch than emps vs changer of ways.
>>
>>51821892
Well, she did always try to do what was best for those around her. Sometimes, it didn't work out, backfired, or she went to far. But the only really bad acts I recall would be fucking up triumph nearly to death, and her last attack on the PRT building. Aside from that, everyone she hurt was either a cape or PRT officer in a capefight (they basically sign for this) or had it coming (criminals in her territory).

Actually, meeting Taylor wouldn't be that bad, unless you plan on being hostile. Of course, the same doesn't go for Bitch and Regent.
>>
>>51830096
I'd rather say that the general theme is that there are no such things as good and evil, jack slash aside. There are many characters in the series which start out as jackasses, but become good people in time. Same with the trigger events, some people are dicks, but there are reasons for that. Not that this is necessarily an excuse.
>>
>>51843042
I'd say a lot of her early actions were just pragmatic. I mean, I know gouging Lung's eyes out was meant to be horrific, but... that nigga was crazy, and he was going to heal anyway.

She's definitely not all that psychologically healthy, but I can't call her a bad person exactly. She very rarely did stuff for purely selfish reasons, and her responses to the world around her were responses to setting where things aren't really all that pillow-fisted like they are in many other cape universes.
>>
>>51807588
>>51807588
>>51807588
They're nowhere near as tough as they're hyped to be. Since they've been hurt by powers that don't do nearly the collateral damage that they should, if they're indeed as tough as they're supposed to be.

If they were even a fraction as tough as they're supposed to be, some of the attacks which penetrated deep into them, should have blown the Earth up just from the ambient energy. Or at the very least, killed off everybody around them.
>>
>>51827989

Well, considering Superman has contained Black Holes with his hands before I'm going to go with 'Yes'.
>>
>>51817033
It's from a webseries called Worm. It starts off pretty good. The first few chapters are slow but are there to set the mood. Then it gets pretty good for a cape series, bolstered by creative and descriptive fight scenes. There's adventure, intrigue, mishaps and so forth.

Then it jumps the shark with it's "first season finale". The series pretty much goes downhill from then on. Oh sure, it's not a complete downward trend. Sometimes it gets good again, sometimes it maintains, but generally speaking, it experiences a downward trend.

But by this point, it's already gathered a loyal (re: cancerous) fandom. The cancer doesn't really show itself until we get threads like this.

That being said, it's still an overall good read. Just ignore the cancerous portion of the fandom.
>>
>>51836980
Behemoth is an Endbringer (jobber). His job is to come in and be touted as some sort of major threat. Which he is, because every character will trade in their plot armor for red shirts when facing an Endbringer. Characters whose power is not to drown will die drowning when around an Endbringer. Cowards will run right into the line of fire for no fucking reason when confronted with an Endbringer. Everybody grabs and humps the idiot ball when an Endbringer is involved.

Then once it's been established that the Endbringer is an unbeatable threat, they'll get beaten.

Worm is a pretty good piece of original fiction involving capes. It's flawed but worth a read.
>>
>>51827314
Roll some powers and have some major setbacks and limitations
>>
>>51808854
>The AUTHOR OF THE WORK IN QUESTION states that Saitama would win
>YOU'RE A FAGGOT AND FUCKING WRONG, REEEEEEEEEEE!
For fuck's sake, reddit.
>>
>>51848904
The Coil fight is the absolute pinnacle of the entire thing
>>
>>51817033
They're the Endbringers from a superhero series called Worm. They're stupidly OP monsters that each have their own gimmick, but they also have some characteristics in common like regeneration that gets faster the deeper you try to wound them.
>>
>>51849832
I think that's probably true overall, but I always wish Wildbow was a little more of an artist with his dialogue - the last lines of that fight were good but I didn't cum. The fight itself was incredible, it just needed more, you know, flourish.

Compare/contrast "Not a promise, not an oath..." where the fight itself was a little BS but it was so fucking phenomenally intense, that line in particular, that I was able to completely forgive the slightly ludicrous outplay and get my nut at the same time. He doesn't get those one-liners right often, but fuck that was a good one.

Something I like a lot about Twig is Sylvester seems like he was actively calculated to force Wildbow to work on his weakest attributes as a writer. Both Taylor and Blake are a little machine-like - Determinator, I think, is the meme - and it's nice to have a character who's meant to be charismatic, dramatic, and capable of frequent linguistic flourish. He's still shaky on it but it's nice that he's putting the work in.

That Coil fight really was spectacular, wasn't it? I'm...fuck. I'm gonna go re-read.
>>
File: 1473376884694.png (566KB, 1280x1162px) Image search: [Google]
1473376884694.png
566KB, 1280x1162px
>>51849832
Do you mean the part where Skitter gets ambushed by Coil mercenaries and has to fight her way out while they set the house she is in on fire?
Because that is legitimitely one of my favourite fight scenes ever, of any piece of fiction. I still go back from time to time to re-read it.

Skitter just pulls every single trick she has, making bugs whisper terrible things in their ears, pulling the grenade pins right off of their belts, using decoys while she is crawling along the ground etc.

Also the way Coil keeps shouting at the mercenaries not to use grenades all throughout the fight and you just know there are multiple timelines we never see in which Skitter fucked Coils troopers up even harder.

If Worm ever gets to be adopted into any visual medium I'd love to see this fight with the addition of being able to see Coils timeline splits visualized by split screens.

>Orders soldiers to shoot
>in one half we see spider silk wires pull their guns to the side making them shoot each other instead
>in the other half he instead orders them to set the spot on fire

>orders them to use grenades
>in one half we see that some can't release their grenade because it got bound to their hand, other just randomly start to explode because they didn't notice the pins being pulled
>other half panics every time someone tries to use grenades from then on

That shit would be cash, sadly shitty Marvel and DC movies are going to crash the market for live action superheroes so the only chance is a good cartoon.
>>
>>51850103
neither of those imo. the cafeteria scene with dragon and armsmaster was start to finish by far the best fucking part of the entire thing, including the completely amazing part at the end where she's wondering why it went like it did and everyone starts recounting the stuff she's done from angles her perspective never focuses on.

it kinda annoys me when people are like she's not objectively good or heroic because she hurts people. almost literally every call she makes is the right one, the difference is that most people are bitches and know they couldn't make those calls and it disturbs them to imagine the kind of ruthlessness that could. but ruthless isn't wrong, it's just scary. she does nothing but help people and make the world better and safer given the opportunity. that it keeps fucking fighting her doesn't make her into a villain...like really, you'd be afraid to know her? what danger would you be in as an average person? she's ice cold in a very specific way and mostly just a girl in all the others. that scene where tattletale tells her about her trigger, who btw is way more "off course" from normal than she is, and she's like "well is it enough" and tattletale just turns away and launches into the usual and taylor goes up and hugs her. this girl is scary because she blinded two guys one of whom can regenerate and the other uses his vision to cause mass suicides, and one time she shot a baby to spare it an infinite existence of constant agony because it was literally that or the fucking Apocalypse. i mean i couldn't take that shot probably but that's a weakness, not a virtue. it's not even gray, infinite suffering + world death vs. the mercy of just regular death.

off topic but this thread was stupid anyway.
>>
>>51845120
>mfw Saitama and Eidolon were the same person
>>
>>51849832
>>51850114
>>51850293

Brutus.

The slaughterhouse nine intro interludes are what I'm thinking of when I recommend Worm to people. They are perfect.

Regent's interlude is the closest we get to revenge on the Trio and it's creepy.

Gregor and Faultline's interludes. I wish we'd gotten to see more of them, especially post-Echidna.

Contessa's interlude, because it tied everything together just right, and I had been sad she'd gotten whacked off screen. I unreservedly like all the Cauldron characters, but she's my favorite.

The khepri vs scion battle made me jizz myself multiple times. christ that whole arc was a fucking roller coaster of combat and sweeping displays power. bullying god, losing her mind, becoming a conflict engine, shards running out of juice, PORTALS EVERYWHERE!

That ending battle was such a phenomenal display of powers
>>
>couple of weeks ago
>click on a random Stat me /tg/ thread because it had some glowy angel bitch as the OP pic
>someone links a wikia page for the thing since it apparently has one
>sounds neat, go to find the source
>it's some long ass web novel, get to reading it
>see this thread on the shitter
>sure enough, it appears to be about an Endbringer and I just managed to get a nice spoiler
I'm on Interlude 18 of this shit, Skitter just got eaten by Noelle and the author decided to spend an entire chapter telling me about Faultline's team for some reason which I can only assume leads to Skitter not dying. I have absolutely zero expectations for this series other than that what I assume was the article about the Simurgh described it as almost completely godlike. Enjoying the ride so far I suppose, still had never heard of this series despite having lurked /tg/ for several years now and yet people seem to assume it's common knowledge.
>>
File: Slaughterhouse 9 go to the mall.jpg (4MB, 3042x2339px) Image search: [Google]
Slaughterhouse 9 go to the mall.jpg
4MB, 3042x2339px
>>51850592
Worm is in a weird place between kinda obscure and just barely known enough that you can just start talking about it on here and enough people are there to respond.
Though I have seen quite a lot of Worm threads on /tg/ and /co/.

Also I totally get what you mean with the interludes, usually the ones inbetween chapters were alright but the donation bonus interludes placed in the middle of arcs usually are just pure worldbuilding with little plot and always seem to occur at the worst possible cliffhangers.

Try to bear with some of the next chapters you will soon be on, the final of the story redeems them (at least it did for me).
>>
File: Echidna.jpg (377KB, 1200x853px) Image search: [Google]
Echidna.jpg
377KB, 1200x853px
>>51850293
>>51850410

I unironically think the entire series is good, but the Cafeteria scene and the S9 interludes are the bloody pinnaccles. Pure, unadulterated confrontation without actual violance in the former. Genuine, terrifying insanity in the latter.

Fuck, I'm gonna have to re-read the whole thing one of these days.
>>
>>51811974
>That's the whole point of the Saitama story is that he can beat anything, anywhere, for any reason.
No it isn't, he's just the strongest thing in his setting. He doesn't have any kind of conceptual power. This is stupid fanon.
>>
>>51850883
>He doesn't have any kind of conceptual power

How do you classify literally not having an upper limit to his strenght? Because that's what the comic explicitly say.
>>
File: best girl.jpg (153KB, 1149x696px) Image search: [Google]
best girl.jpg
153KB, 1149x696px
>>51850778
I agree on the entire series being good.
I completely understand why someone would dislike Worm, I can see the flaws people are pointing out.
But I can't help but like the whole thing, even the parts on which I agree on that they were shitty were really enjoyable to read. The entire story is just right up my alley.

>Fuck, I'm gonna have to re-read the whole thing one of these days.
I'm waiting for the rewrite for that, it's supposed to come out this year.

I wouldn't mind buying the series in actual physical form once it's published, any news on that front?
I know there was talks with agents that wanted to buy the rights for movies/a tv show but I haven't heard of any negotiations about publishing it in a while.
>>
>>51850934
It means his strength is finite at any moment in time but it can increase without limit, and he's increased it to a number that is ridiculous for his setting.
His strength is not infinite. He is just a 10,000,000 where the next strongest guy in his setting is a 2,000 at best.
It helps that OPM is a setting where training will raise one's strength. This compounds with not having bounded strength and a standard training routine. If every pushup gave you +1 strength, then doing a lot of pushups will make you hit your cap eventually. But Saitama doesn't have a cap.

Basically he's Rance if he wasn't an eroge protag.
>>
>>51808854
>Saitama can tank planet-busters and his power is literally "I win", but he held his breath when he got punted to the moon, so that means he loses
>>
>>51850988
Except for the fact that he instantly jumped from "average middle aged man" to "able to jump back from the moon" the second he broke his limits while skipping all the intermediate steps.

Your reasoning make no sense considering what we see in the manga. If what you say were true he would have to continue to train to increase his strenght. Instead he explicitly stopped after he broke his limit, and in that moment he was being pushed around by a low level monster.
>>
>>51850988
And that still does nothing to get around the fact that, according to his author, the only reason he can't one-punch the entire universe is that half of it is behind him.

Much like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, or Zen'o from DBS, there's fucking NOTHING that can meaningfully challenge him
>>
>>51850883
You realize he's a joke character with the power of YOU FUCKING LOSE, and a lot of the story is about his frustration at not being able to find any worthy opponents because of how OP PLS NERF he is, right?
>>
File: _07.jpg (107KB, 728x1046px) Image search: [Google]
_07.jpg
107KB, 728x1046px
>>51851048
>Except for the fact that he instantly jumped from "average middle aged man" to "able to jump back from the moon" the second he broke his limits while skipping all the intermediate steps.
What? No. He trained for 3 years straight to get that strong. He broke his limiter maybe in the first 6 months. We see a few flashbacks of him getting into fights when he's not invincible and still has hair. You have no clue what you're talking about.
He did not instantly jump in power.

>>51851080
He is not a joke character and OPM is not a gag manga. He does not have any power of "you fucking lose". That was the point I was making. You fool.
>>
>>51851136
>That was the point I was making.
And we are telling you you're wrong.
>>
>>51851136
Everything made by ONE is a gag manga, the version by Murata is what adds all the seriousness.
>>
File: fopm_tankobon_002_extra_011[1].jpg (229KB, 728x1219px) Image search: [Google]
fopm_tankobon_002_extra_011[1].jpg
229KB, 728x1219px
>>51851136
>He did not instantly jump in power.

How does it feel to be so wrong?
>>
>>51851156
>>51851157
No, you just can't tell a comedy series from a gag series. OPM left the gag behind since Asura Kabuto. It has logic and plot to itself.
Saitama still cannot be beat, but this is not due to any ridiculous meta qualities. This is just because he is so overtuned that nothing in his setting is even close as a matter of established fact, not a joke.
>>
File: fopm_tankobon_002_extra_012[1].jpg (215KB, 728x1242px) Image search: [Google]
fopm_tankobon_002_extra_012[1].jpg
215KB, 728x1242px
>>51851191
>>51851136

We see the exact moment he broke that limiter. And in that exact moment he went from not invincible to invincible
>>
File: _14.jpg (146KB, 728x1046px) Image search: [Google]
_14.jpg
146KB, 728x1046px
>>51851191
Not when he broke his limits. He broke his limits, essentially, when he trained until his bones were making odd noises and then continued where normal people would stop training because their bones are making odd noises.
You're running away with a piece of internal monologue when he doesn't even know what limits are at that point. Do you think Garou broke his limiter too?
>>
File: fopm_tankobon_002_extra_013[1].jpg (162KB, 728x1252px) Image search: [Google]
fopm_tankobon_002_extra_013[1].jpg
162KB, 728x1252px
>>51851205
>>
>>51850114
I think part of the appeal of the Coil fight is that we don't see what happened in the other timelines

Leaving it to the imagination of the reader (or viewer, as would be the case in a visual medium) makes it far more impressive than any actual depiction of it could ever be.
>>
File: fopm_tankobon_002_extra_014[1].jpg (212KB, 728x1233px) Image search: [Google]
fopm_tankobon_002_extra_014[1].jpg
212KB, 728x1233px
>>51851224
>>51851223
Or maybe I am running away with the moment he went from being punched into a wall and dying to "all better now" and punching the monster face off in the span of second.
>>
File: _08.jpg (208KB, 728x1158px) Image search: [Google]
_08.jpg
208KB, 728x1158px
>>51851205
>>51851249
His limiter was cracking from his training at that point. Read earlier in that issue. He didn't immediately become as strong as he is by the start of the story, but that is when he was able to grow without limit.
Also it was 300 days into his training so it was 5 months, I was off there.
>>
>>51851249
>Or maybe I am running away with the moment he went from being punched into a wall and dying to "all better now" and punching the monster face off in the span of second.
Do you not see the joke there? It's because the monster knocked his aching tooth out and so he was much better.
>>
>>51851273
No, that's not right either. He was just meant to be that strong at that point, but the stinging pain he's feeling is his rotten tooth. He's already broken his limiter by this point. That is the joke.
>>
>>51851273
>Also it was 300 days into his training so it was 5 months

Holy shit, do you even know how many days there are in a month?

Also he sure had a lot of time to train between the moment he wasn't even able to touch the monster and was on the ground in pain and the moment he literally punched his face off without effort.
>>
>>51851294
>>51851320
That seems more accurate than what I was thinking.
>>51851325
I am so very clocked out of this thread that I doubled up months to 60 for some reason. I've been around this circle for hundreds of threads. OPM still isn't a gag manga, or at the very least hasn't been since Asura Kabuto killed the joke, and your assertions are hollow as a result.
>>
>>51851039
The most stupid discussion in there is about whether Saitama can survive Behemoth's Kill Aura.
One guy is hellbent on proving Saitama is only immune to heat and "physical attacks" and insists on calling Boros' continent-busting high energy beam attack "Boros' fire", also a lot of sperging about the physics of radioactivity as if that fucking matters outside of hard sci-fi.
>>
>>51807588
However durable they are, they're not as durable as Wildblow says.

I know he's the author and all, but seriously, if they were that durable then the attacks that did relatively minor damage to them should have generated enough energy on impact to incinerate Earth.
>>
>>51851367
Are you aware that you can have gags in an otherwise serious manga? It's not like something is either 100% gags or completely serious.

You have no argument. The Manga states that he has no limits, he is never showed having any limit, his author said that he has no limits and other authors said that he still win even in their setting. Go back to >>51808854
>>
>>51851471
>Are you aware that you can have gags in an otherwise serious manga?
Yeah and OPM has those. Remember when he couldn't hit a mosquito?
>You have no argument. The Manga states that he has no limits, he is never showed having any limit, his author said that he has no limits
He doesn't have a limit, and I never said he did, but he has a finite strength value (that he can raise). It is just inordinately high.
>and other authors said that he still win even in their setting
Other authors can say whatever they please, nobody said otherwise.
>>
How did I do?
>>
>>51851432
Not really. Their point is that each layer is exponentially durable, so it's not a very big deal damaging the outer layers while damaging the core is a much bigger deal.

Behemot tanked a shot that if not contained by Eidolon would have destroyed India.
>>
File: Heroism aint free.png (40KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
Heroism aint free.png
40KB, 853x543px
>>51851508
Shit, forgot pic
>>
>>51851432
Pretty sure that the only attack that did noticeable damage to one explicitly would obliterate India.
Scion's attacks don't count because it controls the physics surrounding its abilities and can expand or neutralize its powers effect on the surrounding environment freely.

Every other "damage" done to them is totally harmless flesh wounds. They had never been damaged to their core until Scion chose to.
>>
File: e8e.png (84KB, 600x587px) Image search: [Google]
e8e.png
84KB, 600x587px
>>51851506
A source for that?
>>
File: 243[1].png (62KB, 899x547px) Image search: [Google]
243[1].png
62KB, 899x547px
>>51851545
>>51851506
For
>he has a finite strength value (that he can raise).

I mean
>>
>>51851524
bretty good :DDDD
>>
File: p.txt.jpg (233KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
p.txt.jpg
233KB, 600x849px
>>51851545
The only actual description of how limiters work and what they mean in-setting. Literally all breaking one's limiter and having no limits mean is that you can get stronger and stronger. That's it.
>>
File: p.txt.jpg (214KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
p.txt.jpg
214KB, 600x849px
>>51851560
Because everything does. That's the whole point of limiters; your number doesn't get to go higher.
If you don't have a limiter, your number does get higher. That's all. That's the point of his power. Saitama's totally standard muscle training kept making him stronger and stronger and ridiculously stronger until he had left his whole fucking universe in the dust.
>>
>>51851524
Somebody post the little comic wiith grue talking to tagg and the later crying about how much he hates parahumans on a forum.
>>
File: e77[1].png (713KB, 1593x5000px) Image search: [Google]
e77[1].png
713KB, 1593x5000px
>>51851601
>>51851619

Both of these pages say nothing about Saitama having a finite strenght value. The fact that it could punch away the entire universe if he could find a point where all the universe would be in front of him is explicitly against that.

But please, go back to cry about how your super special character can totally destroy what is basically Power Man.
>>
>>51851705
>The fact that it could punch away the entire universe if he could find a point where all the universe would be in front of him is explicitly against that.
That's not a fact. That's bullshit fanon that got annoyingly popular. The author never said that, and I would love for you to try and prove me wrong.
>what is basically Power Man
See, that's why I think you're an imbecile. You're reducing a pretty good story to a dumb meme.
>>
>>51851705
Is that Hexxus in the mlp panel? I never noticed it.
>>
>>51851736
>You're reducing a pretty good story to a dumb meme.

Yeah, it's not like the story it's called One Punch Man because the premise is about a man that can defeat everything with just one punch.
>>
>>51851770
I mean, he made a good story out of that premise. But you never got past the 12th issue or so.
>>
File: 2epnyovuf9gx.jpg (84KB, 680x798px) Image search: [Google]
2epnyovuf9gx.jpg
84KB, 680x798px
>>51851642
I still think it would've been more fitting with Piggot instead of Tagg.
>>
>>51851788
Because the main part of the story focuses on everything around Saitama. But Saitama itself started capable of defeating anything with one punch and right now is still able to defeat anything in one punch.
>>
>>51851873
Yes. That is the story. But if you think that goes anywhere beyond the limits of the story, you're ridiculous.
He's not "capable of defeating anything [in fiction]", only "capable of defeating anything [in setting]". Because his setting doesn't have physics shifters or time alteration or etc. Everyone in OPM is fightman the fighter.
>>
File: two_bullets.png (1MB, 1360x1568px) Image search: [Google]
two_bullets.png
1MB, 1360x1568px
>>51851857
It would be even funnier if he called grue a nigger as well.
>>
File: smugman.jpg (48KB, 197x205px) Image search: [Google]
smugman.jpg
48KB, 197x205px
>everyone complains Worm got worse after leviathan
>when they list off their favorite moments, they're all after leviathan
>>
>>51851968
But my favorite moment was the build-up to the fight with Leviathan, the whole Legend speech/hero+villain fight prep.
But then, I was utterly hooked by the whispers of "Endbringers" stashed around the first 8 arcs and my hype was at absolute maximum to find out what fuck they were. (Worm was unspoiled for me)
>>
File: Twiggu.png (359KB, 1015x276px) Image search: [Google]
Twiggu.png
359KB, 1015x276px
Can we talk about pic related? Or should we wait until it's all over? So far it's been a really great ride, IMO.
>>
>>51850293
Posts like these are why Worm needed to have its story told through more than just one perspective and interludes every now and then.

Since we see nearly everything through Taylor's eyes, we understand her actions entirely and know every step of her thought processes and exactly how she feels, and we take her opinions as objective truth. Other characters don't have this advantage, so they don't see Taylor the same way. They see her as she presents herself. And she works hard to present herself as terrifying. Which means she is terrifying.

As for all her calls being right, early in the story it was lightly touched on that Taylor might NOT actually know better than everyone else and that she had let herself slip into a fucked situation without knowing it, and for no good reason. A bit of welcome self-awareness you don't see much in first-person stories.

Then Wildbow essentially started upping the ante, which conveniently justified Taylor's violent behaviors. He also started leaning heavily into the idea that a 16 year old girl, not even a parahuman for a year, knows better than people who have been living that life and maintaining order in the world for decades.

Yeah, she's right about everything. She makes all the right decisions. Not arguing that. It's just fucking absurd, is all.
>>
>>51851902
Which is retarded, because everything ever written is self contained in its setting. If you take Saitama out of his setting and say that out of it it can't defeat anything in one punch then I can Behemot and say that out of his setting there is no Entity to enable his powers and so he can't do nothing. It's removing the whole point of the character.
>>
>>51851968
Worm only gets worse after Leviathan because that whole situation drags on entirely too long, and a lot of stupidity is introduced.

Sentinel arc was great.
>>
>>51852064
>It's just fucking absurd
It is constantly hinted from the start that her power is far more than bugs, though. Pretty much every time she contemplates using another cape's power, it's in the context of how she would apply it in a far more advanced and unintuitive way than normal people consider. Then there's the constant subtext of a power altering a person's frame of mind (particularly in regards to Bitch). The whole foreshadowing is that despite her only having the application for bug control, she is nevertheless mentally molded by the Administrator shard, which is meant to micromanage and optimize limitlessly.
>>
>>51852093
Or, you can not be retarded, and stay within obvious contextual limitations, instead of running to the hills with a no-limits fallacy.
>>
>>51852129
I don't care about how it was written. I don't like that it IS.
>>
>>51852149
>Or, you can not be retarded, and stay within obvious contextual limitations, instead of running to the hills with a no-limits fallacy.

Maybe you should have thougt of that before making a power level argument against a character whole entire point is having no limits and being undefeatable.

Again, it's literally trying to argue that Power Man can be defeated or making a power level argument about Superman without Superman powers. If it can't defeat everything with one punch it's not Saitama. It's just a similar character with a bald head and a yellow jumpsuit but without his main characteristic.
>>
File: worm_mottos.png (140KB, 713x778px) Image search: [Google]
worm_mottos.png
140KB, 713x778px
>>51852064
You have to keep in mind that while Taylor does behave like a teenage girl at the beginning, this changes in the course of story. She gets put through hell and back, she sees people suffer and die, sometimes due to her decisions. Ergo, she grows up pretty fucking fast, and starts making rational decisions based purely on what she thinks is best for everyone. She isn't always right, she even admits, in the end, during the meeting at cauldron's HQ, that she has made mistakes. She simply made good choices overall, because of her experience and personality.
>>
File: amy and taylor.jpg (249KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
amy and taylor.jpg
249KB, 1800x1200px
>>51851912
How did people know that Grue was black anyway?
I remember it coming up when all villains met in the bar to talk about uniting against the ABB, Skidmark wanted to sit with the big guys but Kaiser told him to fuck off to the sidelines.
Skidmark thought it was because he's black and asked why Grue can sit with them then and Kaiser said that it's more because Skidmark is a piece of scum with a scum gang while Grue is not.
How do Skidmark, and the way he answered Kaiser too, know that Grue is black if his full body is conceiled in his costume?

>>51851968
Overall it got worse, but if you look at the individual chapters there are still great moments.

Also I seriously loved the Warlord arcs and rate them just as high as the street level heists before Leviathan, I agree about everything from the point Weaver is introduced though.

>>51852064
Wildbow said that there is a small chance that the Worm sequel will have multiple protagonists and rotating viewpoints.
Not exactly what you were talking about since Taylor is highly unlikely to be a protagonist again but it probably would help preventing something like what you were saying from happening again.

>>51852018
I thought about reading Pact first before going to Twig, but the concept of Twig sounded way more interesting.
Is it true that all of Wildbows serials have pretty much the same strenghts and problems that Worm had, strong worldbuilding and weak pacing for example?
>>
>>51852242
>Maybe you should have thougt of that before making a power level argument against a character whole entire point is having no limits and being undefeatable.
That's not the point, though. And again, you're an imbecile for thinking so.
The point is to create a setting with an invulnerable character within it, and then seeing how the people in the setting interact with that being. Also, "the point" doesn't come with him in these stupid arguments. Only their documented contexts would.

>If it can't defeat everything with one punch it's not Saitama
That is again reducing it to a meme, you twit.

Contextual limitations without a no-limits fallacy. For example, no, Saitama cannot punch through time, or punch something intangible, etc. etc., that would be stupid. There is nowhere to grant context to those ideas.

Do I have to continue to mock you for your insipid assertions?
>>
>>51852243
Taylor only made one huge mistake in the entire course of the story.

Joining the Undersiders.
>>
>>51852319
This, desu.
>>
>>51852310
>How did people know that Grue was black anyway?
They didn't. Skidmark asked why Grue could sit there AFTER Kaiser called him worthless scum, because he didn't know who Grue was ad assumed he was a nobody.
>>
So, out of interest, would the Endbringers have just stopped doing anything if Eidolon died of old age or by accident?

If he had been brainwashed to truly desire a better world and not crave a powerful enemy, would they have started flying around doing good deeds?
>>
>>51852311
>That is again reducing it to a meme, you twit.
The whole character is nothing more than a meme. ONE built an interesting world around that, but Saitama started as a meme, continued as a meme and right now is still a meme. Or did you miss him saying that the whole point of martial arts is to act cool before defeating that guy with a butt hit?

>or punch something intangible
except for when he punched the mass of water that was explicitly said to be immune to physical force right? Or when he punched that energy blast able to destroy the earth?
>>
>>51852457
>So, out of interest, would the Endbringers have just stopped doing anything if Eidolon died of old age or by accident?
Wouldn't they just do what they did anyway? Iirc they just shut down until they each found someone new to imprint on or whatever.
>>
>>51852311
Saitama can beat anything with one punch. No exceptions.

Why is this so hard for you to understand? It's fiction. It doesn't have to adhere to whatever logic you're trying to push here.
>>
>>51852310
>Is it true that all of Wildbows serials have pretty much the same strenghts and problems that Worm had, strong worldbuilding and weak pacing for example?
Pact has worse pacing but again has strong worldbuilding. Some of the characters are hard to like.

Twig, on the other hand, has a lot of heavily developed character, equally impressive worldbuilding, and I don't think pacing is too bad there. A lot of main characters are really likable and human, despite the setting.
>>
File: taylor.jpg (65KB, 600x751px) Image search: [Google]
taylor.jpg
65KB, 600x751px
>>51852319
Don't know about that. Remember what Glenn said to her? Taylor and the PRT directors were bound to become either mortal enemies or stalwart allies. Her joining the heroes stopped her from getting ever more cruel and violent, since she was under close surveillance from there on out. Look at the methods Alexandria. Piggot, Armstmaster and Tagg employed. Shadow Stalker never got anything more than a slap on the wrist for her violent antics until she got possessed, and Skitter would have been of much, much greater value to the PRT Do you think the directors would have told Taylor to go easy on their enemies if she had been with the PRT from the beginning, if she was trustworthy? I don't think so. Nobody would have slowed her down while she got ever more ruthless and effective in her methods to fight the villains. She would have become even more vicious, something like a hitman for the directors, a nightmare to fight the nightmares.

Also, it was bad luck she met Armsmaster of all people on her first night. He saw Lung lying on the street and immediatly only thought about taking credit for bringing him in. MM would have been clever enough to know that any cape that can fuck up Lung good enough for a bunch of mutant dogs to take him down ON HER FIRST NIGHT OUT is way to valuable dangerous to be allowed to roam free
>>
>>51852457
During the epilogue it seemed like the Simurgh was trying to build a new Eidolon, she probably would've done the same if Eidolon died even earlier.

It's actually really interesting to think what shapes the Endbringers would have taken if Eidolon wanted something else, I remember that they came from a shard that is supposed to "give him what he needs".

What if Eidolon was some weeaboo basement dweller that was desperate for his asian cartoons to come alive, would we get some kawaii uguu~ Waifubringers?

Or if he truly wanted to make the world a better place, how would their appearance change to look more friendly and appealing? They will still be giant creatures after all who are bound to look kind of scary.
>>
File: Simurgh_2.jpg (185KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
Simurgh_2.jpg
185KB, 774x1032px
All right, everyone rate the endbringers:

> Just bend over and pray tier
Simurgh

> Oh shit we're so fucked tier
Behemoth

> Fuck, we're probably gonna die tier
Leviathan
Khonsu

> Who gives a fuck tier
Tohu
Bohu

>>51850956
Don't know about any plans concerning either a re-write or paperback publishment, but I do seriously hope for both.

>>51852626
The purpose of the endbringers was always to bring destruction and conflict - they got mentioned in Scions interlude, I think, which described the cycle as it was supposed to happen. Eidolon wished for worthy adversaries, they were what was available for that specific purpose.
>>
>>51852626

I need Endbringer porn now.
>>
>>51852811
I think you're underestimating Tohu-Bohu, although they are pretty dependent on people coming to them. Just imagine how many combos of three powers alone could break any combat wide open, not to mention complete battlefield control.
My personal ratings:
>Plot Device:
Simurgh
>Fast, powerful, unpredictable:
Levithan, Khonsu
>Slowww:
Behemoth, Tohu-Bohu
>>
>>51852811

>new fetish acquired tier
Simurgh

>would fuck tier
Tohu, Bohu

>would fuck but i'd die tier
Behemoth

>wouldn't fuck, is an asshole tier
Leviathan

>new phobia acquired tier
Khonsu
>>
>>51852605
Honestly what you just wrote sounds like the basis for a bad fanfiction.

Shadow Stalker was never punished because Emma's dad got her out of going to juvie and she wasn't busted for murder, just excessive violence. She was never caught after that because Winslow has shitty infrastructure and she only hopped into crimes AFTER they turned violent enough for her to use force. Remember, Missy could have gotten her sent off for just one hit, but didn't because the situation was grim.

As for Taylor, she would have been put under the same restrictions, just not as severely. She would still have to maintain a palatable image and refrain from violent uses of her power unless the situation absolutely calls for it. The directors wouldn't immediately snatch her up to be an assassin, if for no other reason than there are parahumans who would be better at it, if they wanted an assassin at all.
>>
>>51852886
I wonder just how much endbringer porn exists in-universe. After all, there seems to be no shortage of Case 53-Porn. I think that Psyko Gecko also turned his attention to the topic of cape porn once (A night in Alexandria). Is there an archive somewhere of the comments of this guy? Failing that, does someone know where to find the comment in which Genoscythe the Eyeraper originated? I read about him on tvtropes, but can't find the original comments.
>>
File: 1410358682847.jpg (71KB, 562x560px) Image search: [Google]
1410358682847.jpg
71KB, 562x560px
>>51852933
>>new fetish acquired tier
>Simurgh
It's true. I now love angels, especially ones with more than one pair of wings. Just imagine all the floof in your face. Comfy.
>>
>>51852948
All fanfiction is bad anyways.

>>51852996
Is the Simurgh fluffy, though? I always imagined her feathers being rock solid, she just looks fluffy.
>>
>>51852996
Narwhal was what gave me new fetishes. A 7 foot tall woman wearing nothing but forcefield scales?

Hot.

Simurgh would be a little harder to do, since she's 15 feet tall, but I would find a way.
>>
>>51853062
>All fanfiction is bad anyways.
90% of it is. Sturgeon's law, and my own extensive experience with Worm fanfic.

>Is the Simurgh fluffy, though? I always imagined her feathers being rock solid, she just looks fluffy.
True, but the idea was planted. It's not Ziz herself I'm attracted to, she just made me think of it.
>>
>>51853106
I have yet to see a single fanfic that isn't horrible. Admittetly, I haven't read much of any kind of fanfic, but what I've read was horrible. Plus, the very concept is prone to cringe, fetishes, and worse. Is there ANY god fanfic?
>>
>>51853151
Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality.
>>
>>51853151
For Worm, there's Cenotaph and it's sequels, and Tabloid. Maybe Mixed Feelings.

Oh and Naked Sex World.
>>
>>51853195
> Naked Sex World
Consider me sold. I don't care what it is, if it has a name like that, I have to read it. The same thing lead me to read Ass Goblins of Auschwitz, and that book has changed my life.
>>
>>51853151
Weaver Nine was good, Cenotaph and its sequels, Tabloid.
I've read so much crap that I'm having trouble remembering the actually good ones. Most of what I continue to read are neat but have problems, so I wouldn't recommend them to someone who isn't really into it.

>>51853173
Lol no. It was funny, cathartic, made me think and look up a bit of the concepts shown, but it was far too preachy and had no idea what it wanted to be. I would not call it actually good fantasy literature.
>>
>>51842354
The real joke is that OPM has created a whole new breed of powerlevel fags.
>>
Reminder that Glory Girl did nothing wrong.
>>
Is it canon that Dragon is the Admin on Parahumans online?

Also, how common do you think it is that Heroes and Villains troll each other on the Internet? I always thought it would have been hilarious if the Undersiders had taken a group shot in the PRT Headquarters during their first break-in and uploaded it later on Parahumans online.
>>
File: protectorate ENE.jpg (1MB, 2687x1200px) Image search: [Google]
protectorate ENE.jpg
1MB, 2687x1200px
>>51853173
I really like how after the creator of Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality did a shout out to Worm (earning it quite a few more readers), Wildbow just went and publicly shit on the concept of "rational fiction" and HPatMoR.
Granted he actually did it in a fairly polite way but the whole idea of it is still pretty funny, a lot of the Worm fanbase are too obsessed with "rationality".

>>51853231
http://archiveofourown.org/works/3375773/chapters/7383605
you are in for a ridefucking Ack, man

Also here is one of my favourite short pieces of erotic fiction period, it's about Contessa and Alexandria molesting Taylor
http://archiveofourown.org/works/5319149

>>51853294
Would seem kind of out of character if everyone did it but Regent and Imp are definitely the type to take selfies and upload them.
>>
File: Iceberg_shitposting.jpg (1MB, 1934x3061px) Image search: [Google]
Iceberg_shitposting.jpg
1MB, 1934x3061px
>>51853370
>>51853294
...Can we come up with a thinker who has the power of supernatural shitposting? Like, he always knows how to make someone mad, but only on the internet?
>>
File: unnatural shitposting.jpg (64KB, 332x346px) Image search: [Google]
unnatural shitposting.jpg
64KB, 332x346px
>>51853408
Doesn't really fit the setting. Without the internet part, it would be neat, if low-power compared to someone like Cherish.
>>
>>51853294
I don't think it was ever confirmed that Dragon was the Admin, but I have a vague recollection of there being an admin named "Tin Mother", which I think was supposed to be her.

I definitely like the idea of villains trolling heroes by doing things like you said, but it also wouldn't be practical unless they had a good Tinker in their group to keep them from being traced.

Unless there was a Tinker designed website designed by a villain, for villains, where your anonymity and privacy was guaranteed to serve as a counterpart to PHO, a website where heroes post, with a hero admin, and required profiles and verifications to post as cape.
>>
>>51852243
I can't recognize two of those mottos. I got:

Golem, ???, Chevalier
Bitch, Skitter, Imp
Shadowstalker, ??? Tattletale
>>
>>51825273
A couple sledgehammers, barrels of krazy glue in squirt guns, an anvil, and a packed lunch and the time for an afternoon of bashing.
>>
File: let's_keep_going.jpg (83KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
let's_keep_going.jpg
83KB, 1024x682px
>>51853446
It's supposed to be a joke. Maybe it's just TT trolling people in her spare time?

> In a divergent present, nudity has become the norm, and the age of consent has lowered once more to thirteen. Age Cards are used to determine viable sex partners, and universal birth control allows people to have sex with whoever they like, whenever they like.
Welcome to Naked Sex World.

Hello Darkness my old friend. I'm used to seeing shit like this in general, but taking nudism and pedophilia and then applying it to fucking WORM? And writing 111,183 words about it?
>>
>>51853468
First ??? is Lung. I also think that Chevalier is meant to be Defiant.

As for the second ???, it could be anything from Grue to Eden.
>>
>>51853523
Ack is a crazy, creepy 40 year old man, but he does produce a lot of fanfic. Some of it's even a tiny bit good, like Recoil.
>>
>>51853464
They could just post from some throw-away device and IP-adress. Ãœber and Leet have a fucking youtube show, after all, it has to work somehow

>>51853468
The Dragon is Lung. Not sure about the Squid, could be either Jack or Contessa.
>>
>>51853468
Golem(Or weld), Lung, Chevalier.
Bitch, Skitter, Imp
Shadowstalker, I don't know, Canary or Tattletale.
>>
>>51853579
Leet is a Tinker though. And what I'm really talking about is defending from other Tinkers.
>>
>>51853579
I think the Squid might be Eden. Creating monsters, controlling chaos (if she had lived), and I think the entities kinda looked like squids?
>>
File: The Travelers.jpg (58KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
The Travelers.jpg
58KB, 720x960px
>>51853408
I think the /only on the internet/ part is a bit too specific for a Worm power,
make it be just a general emotion thinker power that lets the user be about as effective in making someone angry as Contessa if she thought "Path to making this one person really fucking mad, the maddest they can be" and just allowing it to work on minimal needed information about the target like a single anonymous forum post.

What could be a good trigger event though for someone to get a power like this?
If possible something that has to do with the internet / something that pushes someone towards being an internet troll.
This could be the type of creative application that the entities are looking for, infuriating people from a safe distance.
The shard will probably drive the Troll towards doing more and more insane shit and conflict like provoking a famous and well liked hero by mocking him about his dead daughter or something like that. Dude will be so upset he fucks up the next time he is out in the field.
Now that I think about it this could be a kind of neat support power, keeping the enemy off their balance, they fight worse if their mind is occupied with something else.

>>51853523
The guy who made it has another fanfic where everyones alignments are switched, something something mirrorworld.
In it Taylors parents divorce after Annette molests Taylor when she was about 10 despite having an agreement with Danny that they would wait until she was about 14.

I don't know either
>>
>>51853173
I'm a big fan, but it should be noted that a lot of people don't like that fic. In addition, there' a small but extremely dedicated hatedom.

If the idea that an eleven year old might have read and understood a few grown-up science books stretches your disbelief worse than dragons and flying broomsticks, HPMOR is not for you. You should also stay away from Ender's Game, and any real-world child prodigies.
>>
>>51853468
>>51853541
>>51853632

Golem, Lung, Cuff
Bitch, Skitter, Imp
Shadow Stalker, Sveta and Canary
>>
>>51853604
A pretty shitty tinker. Heroes, Cape husbands and PRT officers somehow manage to post too without worrying about being tracked by villain tinkers, and it is doubtful that each of them has a tinker covering them at home (At least the husbands are going to post from home).
>>
>>51853632
Cauldron is also a strong contender for that spot.

So is abbadon for that matter.
>>
>>51853649
He also made one where all the genders were switched except for Taylor's, and instead of triggering from being trapped in a biohazard she triggered from being raped by "Manny", "Sonny", and "Emmett" (who raped her in the ass because the ABB raped him in the ass).
>>
>>51853649
Maybe he got cyberbullied? Or doxxed? Or he was banned from /r9k/ .

>>51853684
Oh right, the Squid's Sveta. Didn't think of that.
>>
>>51853694
Normies and cape's normie lives are protected by unwritten laws. You know, the implied threat that if you cross that line, shit gets real.
>>
>>51853684
>Cuff
>having any decent resolve

>Sveta
>being in control of anything
>>
>>51853772
And everyone cares about that rule? The heroes and the civvies would have to rely on the villains being nice enough not to trace their identies when they post on Parahumans Online, just like the villains would have to rely on the PRT not doing it. Not a very reliable protection.
>>
>>51853795
I'm not saying it makes sense, I'm saying that's who each symbol represents.
>>
>>51853408
What the fuck is meme occultism? And what is transverse shitposting?
>>
>>51853814
It's not reliable, but many still adhere to it. If someone were to ruin a capes life like that, they'd have nothing to lose in beelining at you with lethal force. Same reason why few capes carry rifles.
>>
File: 1471477388857.jpg (269KB, 860x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1471477388857.jpg
269KB, 860x1152px
>>51853649
>Taylors parents divorce after Annette molests Taylor when she was about 10 despite having an agreement with Danny that they would wait until she was about 14.
God bless Ack

Anyone here who read the one where he self inserts as a security guard at Taylors school?
I heard it has some nice cringe in the form of him trying to befriend high school girls like the concept of a 40 year old creep seeking out the company of 15 year old girls isn't weird.

Though honestly I still give Ack's stuff a chance every now and then because he sometimes does make some alright stuff, like the one inspired by Breakfast Club with Taylor and a couple others in detention.

>>51853772
Word of god says that the unwritten rules are only there for everyone to bend as much as possible without blatantly breaking them or at least nobody being able to pin it to you if you do.
The Empire 88 leaks come to mind.
>>
>>51853814
Everyone with a brain cares about that rule, because it's based off a very simple principle.

Risk vs. reward.

The risk here being a massive manhunt which will result in you being captured and prosecuted with no kid gloves. Even doing it to villains is considered a dumb move in-universe.

Also consider that PHO is heavily implied to be run by Dragon, the greatest Tinker in the world. The site probably has her own personally made security on it. Not to mention that heroes probably post from their officially issued (and Tinker made) devices, or from official consoles with Tinker made security.

I probably should have led with that.
>>
>>51842076
That mtg card is actually really accurate.
>>
File: bOpff1D.jpg (928KB, 1876x1528px) Image search: [Google]
bOpff1D.jpg
928KB, 1876x1528px
>>51853854
>What the fuck is meme occultism?
>>
>>51853968
> Everyone with a brain cares about that rule
Seems to get broken quite lot for that. See >>51853912

> heroes probably post from their officially issued (and Tinker made) devices, or from official consoles with Tinker made security.

The heroes? Sure. Their husbands? Doubtful.
>>
>>51854047
>Their husbands? Doubtful.
Right, but this is where PHO being run and managed by Dragon comes into play. The site is probably very secure, for these exact reasons.

Also the Empire leaks were a prime example of why NOT to break the rules. Coil even admitted that it was a bad move and that there were better ways to use the information. And that doesn't prove that it happens a lot.
>>
>>51854145
But in that case, the villains should be under the same kind of protection, so why would they need additional security precautions for posting?
>>
>>51854018
Don't forget the recent rise of Kek worshiping and numerical Ouija.
>>
>>51851506
>has a finite strength value (that he can raise)
Unless you can provide some evidence to back this up, I'm going to have to say you're full of shit.
>>
>>51853968
Note: Dragon isn't a Tinker.

She's a Thinker, whose power is "understanding Tinkertech in terms of actual, independently replicable science". Being an AGI doesn't hurt, either.
>>
>>51854182
Because the rules aren't perfect, and villains have the deck stacked against them here. The PRT or Protectorate might try to use it as a way to find out their identities just to know them, even if they don't expose them. Like how Dragon pretty much immediately set to uncovering Skitter's identity and did so easily, with the intent of reaching out to her. The information was used to expose her though, and the PRT's justification was that she was dangerous enough for them to get away with it.
>>
>>51854288
Everything I've read says she's a Tinker. Where did you read she was a Thinker?
>>
>>51812744
Four on one probably.

Emperor backed by his Imperium no chances for Endbringers. The very planet they stand on will be exterminated and after that space fleets will bombard them until there is nothing left. If their cores survive the bombardment Machanicus will pull out some DAoT tech and at that moment the kiddy gloves will be off. Shit from DAoT can probably go toe to toe with Scion in his full form.
>>
>>51854333
Yes, it is risky, but it's almost as risky for the heroes. What if it's not Derpkill the friendly neighbourhood villain tinker tracking them, but someone like bonesaw or mannequin? yeah, it's stupid, but people are going to do it anyway.

And you can always just use some throwaway device. Get a phone, shitpost for an hour or so, then throw it away,

>>51854288
Alkaloidal Glycosidase Inhibitors make the best tinkers.
>>
>>51850883
Anon, are you retarded?

Legitimately wondering.
>>
>>51854417
Bonesaw or Mannequin don't have any especial computer skills.
>>
>>51813074
Yeah; i'm barely glancing at that forum and allready thinking up ways to troll them.
>Snoopy (WW1 flying ace, Beagle of note) Vs. Don Carnage (Sky Pirate, Pineapple enthusiast.)
>>
>>51854397
backed by his Imperium pretty much nothing stands a chance against him.

>>51854417
> Get a phone, shitpost for an hour or so, then throw it away,
It's what I'm doing right now
>>
>>51854453
Except they know how to program their tech's systems.
>>
>>51837090
>>51848974
Thank you, kind anons.
>>
>>51854453
It was explicitly stated that basic hacking may not be out of the picture for bonesaw. Also, I said > someone like bonesaw or mannequin. You can bet your ass that there are crazy psychopathic computer tinkers out there
>>
>>51852311
>That is again reducing it to a meme, you twit.

He IS a meme you fucking retard.
>>
>>51854497
I wish Tinkers were more explored.

I want a Tinker protagonist.

How was Kid Win, specialty "modular equipment and anti-grav", able to make a super Lie Detector for Legend?

Just how far can super science go?

I want to know.
>>
>>51827945
They were supposed to be the enemies for humans to get exp into shards. Basically what they did anyway but over all the affected parallel worlds. But without guidance they lost their purpose and started to change.
>>
>>51854617
Then what's the deal with Eidolon?
>>
>>51854484
Another good one: Mr. Clean vs the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.
>>
>>51854688
He basically got control of Eden's administrator shard subconsciously, and so his subconscious desire for powerful opponents was projected onto the Endbringers, or something along those lines.

So you have them showing up and wrecking shit (but not TOO badly), giving him a chance to strut his stuff as the strongest fucking hero on the planet.
>>
>>51854601
I am embarrassed to admit that I have no fucking clue how Tinkers work.

So they can built equipment that was appearantly invented first by alien civilisations that the entities visited in the past but Tinker specializations are way broader than that, does that mean that Bakuda has access to all kinds of bombs that various different civilisations thought up first?

Also Tinkers regularly get hit by waves of inspiration, they have to stop what they do and write down notes to not forget the new possible invention that the shard just planted in their brain.
Does that mean they can't build anything of their own and can't even decide what they get, the only options are whatever the shard thinks is best?

I think I asked this one once before, the Wards headquarters have Tinker elevators that ride really smoothly, who the hell build and maintains them?
Tinker tech breaks down a lot and only the original Tinker can repair it making mass production basically impossible (unless you are that one japanese Tinker that specialized in it), is there a Tinker/Mover that goes around the country repairing those smooth elevators?

Originally I thought that there is a baseline of really simple but still advanced Tinker tech (simple laser weapons, simple hover boards etc.) that every Tinker could possible build and maintain if they got the idea to do so but the more advanced stuff is locked to everyones speciality. That's what I thought the elevators were until I found out that it doesn't work like that at all.
>>
>>51854601
Isn't the specialty just something they're especially good at it, instead of "the only thing they can do"? Like, kid win can understand and use the technology of other tinkers, he is just a lot better at his own shit? The Lie detector was armsmasters work, after all, kid win just tweaked it somehow for Legend.
>>
>>51852533
That's not hard to understand, it's just not true.

Saitama is strong enough to easily defeat anyone else in his series. No one in the world is capable of challenging him, because of how strong he is. His story doesn't contain anyone capable of challenging him, because that's how the story is written. That doesn't mean that no one COULD be written who is capable of challenging him. His strength isn't literally infinite, it's just high enough to render every threat he has encountered trivial.

Logically, this wouldn't necessarily make him the strongest in any imaginable crossover. There are multiple "world's strongest", "world's toughest", or otherwise "invincible" characters in multiple different series, some of whom have specific levels of strength which are greater than others; if being the strongest in one's own series took precedence over how strong a character actually is, the result would be an unresolvable paradox as multiple characters would all simultaneously be stronger than each other.
>>
>>51853151
Cetipede, the Tokyo Ghoul crossover. No need to know anything about Tokyo Ghoul either.

A Cloudy Path for sure.

And Seed starts a bit dry and slow, but after a certain point it becomes something all new. Lots of AU elements though.
>>
>>51854875
Nah he's the strongest period.

Not only are you overthinking this, you aren't even thinking in the right direction.
>>
>>51854895
Gods, why does Worm have so much fucking fanfic? It's Internet based, sure it's going to have a a large amount compared to it's popularity, but it's not exactly well known outside of very limited circles. Where the hell does it all come from?

...Unless Wildbow is just trolling us by writing fanfic for his own story.
>>
File: nope.jpg (27KB, 548x411px) Image search: [Google]
nope.jpg
27KB, 548x411px
>>51854895
>crossovers
>>
>>51855031
ACP is basically the unicorn of crossovers dude.
>>
>>51855031
At least they aren't the ubiquitous alt-powers, where literally the only thing different at the start is Taylor's powers.
>>
>>51854732
I think closer to the end we see some of what was supposed to be and Scion/Eden are basically running in place of Eidolon. They help humans to contain Endbringers and get into position to closely oversee the development of shards.
>>
>>51854981
Mostly because it's popular amongst forums that host a lot of fanfiction and with it a lot of fanfiction writers.

Now to why it is popular in places like Spacebattles I can't say, I suspect it just randomly caught on.

Is the rest of Spacebattles/Sufficient Velocity worth browsing?
The people that comment on fanfics on SB and SV seem to range from raging autists to mild autists, is the rest of the site the same?
>>
>Chevalier's Shard is called "Destroyer" by GU
>It combines things so that traits are selective and break physics

I don't quite follow what GU meant. Is there more to Chev's shard?
>>
>>51855660
Maybe it refers to what it's used for rather than what it does. Or it is some kind of metaphorical meaning. Eidolon was called "the high priest" after all.
>>
>>51854811
My explanation for Tinkers is that their shards are connected to a vast centralized repository of all the technological knowledge that the Entities have accumulated. The shards themselves serve as search engines and encryptors and just deliver the info into the brains of Tinkers alongside tweaks to their brain chemistry to trigger Tinker figure.

Bakuda's shard finds stuff Related to bombs for Bakuda, but it's using the sum total of the technological knowledge the Entities possess.
>>
>>51807588
Saitama isn't a yard stick for strength. He's a a yardstick +1. He's like the plot version of the Ira Gamagori visual gag. If a more powerful character is introduced, he is always stronger than them.
>>
>>51855060
>gives Taylor tinker powers
>Taylor becomes Photon Mom

I wish it were more of a tinker fic. If you're just reproducing generic powers with tech, it's no good. I didn't get much past her fighting the Teeth, though.
>>
>>51854811
I think that every tinker understands technology in all fields better than normies, but I might be wrong.
>>
File: Panacea and Glory Girl.png (238KB, 600x891px) Image search: [Google]
Panacea and Glory Girl.png
238KB, 600x891px
>>51855660
Appearantly Chevalier is using it in an unconventional way, this could mean that there is another aspect of his power he isn't using because he doesn't know about it / doesn't think it's useful or it could be that the power he triggered with is just a really esoteric variant of its original use and he doesn't even have the option to do something more traditional with it.

It could very well be that his passive shard power (I don't know if there is an official name for this) has something to do with it.

Consider Jack Slash:
Jack has the Broadcaster shard that is used by entities to communicate with each other, he too has access to this ability by passively being good at communicating with other people that have shards.
His shard is constantly connected to all other shards around him and forces them to be more receptive to whatever Jack says/does.
His actual power is being able to project sharp edges he holds in his hand, you could also say he is "broadcasting" the edge which kind of requires some mind leaps to come to that conclusion but does fit into the general concept of "broadcasting".
In conclusion: Jacks shard is the Broadcaster, his power is to broadcasts blades and his passive shard ability is to broadcast to other shards around him.
Fits nicely.

Chevalier can see other peoples powers, they get visualized in a similar way to Glaistig Uaines ghosts in that they seem to be a mixture of the person the power belongs to, the trigger event of the person (at least that's the impression I got I am not 100% sure about it) and the actual power the person has.
Now comes the confusing part.
Chevs shard is the Destroyer, his power is to put multiple things with similar attributes together and select which attributes the final object should have and his passive shard ability is to visualize shards around him.

Passive shard abilities always seem to come from shards whose purpose it is to interact with other shards, does the "destoyer" destroy other shards?
>>
>>51856218
>Passive shard abilities always seem to come from shards whose purpose it is to interact with other shards, does the "destoyer" destroy other shards?
It could be a Shard recycler. Combines damaged or defunct Shards together and picks and chooses what functions are kept and which are repurposed or deleted.

A pretty terrifying trump excpressi8on for sure.
>>
File: worm entities.jpg (94KB, 800x537px) Image search: [Google]
worm entities.jpg
94KB, 800x537px
>>51856320
Damn this makes so much sense, I was thinking way too literal when thinking of "destroyer".

Anyway this has been a pretty great thread, can't wait for the inevitable TV show so Worm doesn't need to rely on /tg/ to have threads, having /tv/ as an option.
>>
File: 415bd1e547d811bb6268f6e51c321cbd.jpg (365KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
415bd1e547d811bb6268f6e51c321cbd.jpg
365KB, 1280x960px
>>51852310
>that picture
That's a pretty strange idea for fanart, anybody know the artist? Reverse search gives me nothing.
>>
>>51856545
Don't know the artist, but I know that it's based off the fanfic where Amy and Taylor form an independent hero team where Amy is "Quarantine" and wears a gas mask as part of her costume and makes weird bugs for Taylor to control.

Hence that giant spider down there.
>>
>>51856456
I'd rather they stay on /tg/.
>>
>>51856456
/tv/'s shit though
I mean so is /tg/ but it's better here
>>
>>51856456
/tv/ is right cancer though.
>>
>>51856624
Thanks I found it https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/heredity-worm-au.296546/
I never knew that pic related also was fanart for this.
>>
>>51853854
You obviously weren't around that time meme magic got us tits on /vp/
>>
>>51848198
>He's about money and good fights.
The new Murata chapters prove that's bullshit. When Suiryu stars talking about how heroes are bullshit and don't do any good, Saitama fucks his shit up.
>>
>>51852310
>>51856753
This are pretty great, I wish there was a good group picture of the Undersiders in that style.
>>
>>51857078
I mean the >>51852310 one, there is one other Undersider group pic I like but all the rest of them are kind of shitty.
>>
File: image.jpg (522KB, 3240x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
522KB, 3240x1080px
>>51857154
This one's my favorite: the Undersoiders
>>
>>51857230
Rachel's eyes are fucking hilarious to me.
>>
>>51857296
And then Tattletale has her retarded smile and Taylor's bending her body at an actual 90-degree angle for no apparent reason. It's honestly pretty faithful to the descriptions given in Worm.
>>
File: image.jpg (262KB, 1114x718px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
262KB, 1114x718px
>>51807588
Ok, guys, so you manifest pic related's power. How far do you go?
>>
>>51857655
>Go innawoods after playing in traffic for a bit
>Find some wolves or a bear
>Fight bear until I win
>>
>>51857655
Word of god says that changes will happen over time even if I don't take damage, stuff like additional eyes growing because I accidently get sand in them and the body thinks "seems like we need some more of that if I am that easily disabled".
It's inevitable that I'm are going to look at least somewhat inhuman, might as well donate myself to the government who can probably give me a comfortable life considering your circumstances as long as they get to experiment on me.

Hell, maybe they go public and use the "only superpowered person in the world is ours, fuck your powerless countries" angle for propaganda purposes though that doesn't really seem like it's germany's style.

Or I'll just get a ticket to some -stan country and start hunting ISIS, it's not like I have to fear them having access to crystalizing bombs.
>>
>>51857926
>Go to Best Korea
>Ask Kim to nuke you
>He does it
>>
>>51857655
In Adventures in the Mirrorverse (praise Ack) his power is actually decent instead of horrifying.
>>
>>51837739
It's also about how there's more to being a hero than just beating the bad guys.
>>
>>51856889
That's because Saitma believes in the ideals of heroism, even if he isn't all that great at them. He does have his moments, most notably in how he lets his public reputation go into the shitter so the rest of the heroes can still be seen as effective after the Deep Sea King fight.
>>
>>51858101
Well, I don't want to actually read that, so could you give me an overview, please?

>>51857926
Link to that wog?
>>
>>51858305
now that I can't find the WOG I realize that it could very well be that I just imagined it some time and just accepted it as truth.
>>
>>51858305
>Well, I don't want to actually read that, so could you give me an overview, please?
Basically his original power, only he becomes more of a manly man the more damage he takes instead of a more horrendous monster.
>>
Can we post traumas for trigger events then make powers for them?
>>
>>51858775

I saw a shitpost so cancerous it triggered me.

Gimme powers.
>>
>>51858775
I doubt you are going to get much out of it considering the thread is about to die, though usually /tg/ could come up with some pretty interesting powers.
>>
>>51858831
Tinker that specializes in computer viruses.
>>
>>51858831
Is the cancerous shit post just cringe or did it feel you with rage first and did you like it?
>>
>>51858831
It sounds like you just came across it without any warning, so something sudden and unexpected is definitely a theme that could be reflected in the power.
Also those are some important questions >>51858938
>>
Could Dragon be considered a second generation parahuman that triggered young?
>>
>>51858972
Since it's sudden and unexpected, the ironic part about the power is that maybe his power is only reactionary, to adjust the problem after it too late.

But is it Tinker cuz innanet?
>>
>>51859031
I don't think she's a second generation parahuman, he "father" has been long dead by the time she triggered from the stress of having Saint breathing down her neck and there were no other parahumans mentioned she could've been around that she could have budded off of.

>>51859104
Tinker powers come from problems without solutions that just go on without any crescendo or climax so probably no, seems more like a Thinker power considering it's pure stress.
Maybe even Breaker, I guess you could consider cringing so hard you trigger to be a enough of a blend of physical and mental pain or even hard to define pain to fit.
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.