[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jovian Wars kickstarter funded in less then 2 days

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: jc.jpg (331KB, 1361x679px) Image search: [Google]
jc.jpg
331KB, 1361x679px
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/heavygearblitz/jovian-wars-resin-spaceship-miniatures/

So Jovian Chronicles is having its table top side get more of a focus now, and they managed to get their goal in less then 2 days.

What are your thoughts on this game and setting /tg/? I haven't seen many people outside of my city (the home of the game) even aware of it.
>>
I hate to say this, but these figures look really shitty compared to the Dropfleet Commander and Firestorm Armada figures. You would think that resin figures would be higher fidelity than DP9's almost as lame plastics.
>>
>>51805108
That's true, but for their price it seems of fair quality, at least in my opinion.
>>
as much as I love Jovian Chronicles
>DP9
>>
>>51807032
For the uninitiated, what has that company pulled which makes you wary?
>>
I'm much less interested in it that I am heavy gear proper, and even that is only a casual interest.
>>
File: rockos-modern-life.jpg (154KB, 1003x768px) Image search: [Google]
rockos-modern-life.jpg
154KB, 1003x768px
>>51804726
Is their insignia fucking Rocko?
>>
>>51807417
HG has basically been on life support for the entirety of its lifespan, generally poor rules writing and community support, and their casts were and AFAIK still garbage. But damn if its not a cool looking game with a reasonable system.
ALso they burned distributors like twice in the 90s so no one carries them
>>
>>51804726
> What are your thoughts on this game and setting /tg/? I haven't seen many people outside of my city (the home of the game) even aware of it.

That's Montreal, Quebec, Canada, right? I'm a big fan of the Heavy Gear setting and Dream Pod 9's Silhouette system. Will have to take a look.

And yes. I was unaware.
>>
>>51807866
> HG has basically been on life support for the entirety of its lifespan
Possible. As I said here >>51807923, I'm a bit of a fan and were unaware, so their marketing suck big time.

> generally poor rules writing and community support
Disclaimer: I only played the TTRPG, not the wargame. For the rule-writing, I would tend to disagree with, unless you factor in skill complexity, which I'm not sure still exist. But their rule on healing, catching on fire, damage through electricity and radiation are nice. And the light wound / deep wound / instant death mechanics combined with armor makes the most sense out of ANY other TTRPG I've played.

Apart from it, I like how skill = more dice with fumbles being all 1s.

For the customer support, I am unaware as well.

> ALso they burned distributors like twice in the 90s so no one carries them
I tend to wholly believe that. I live in the same Province (read: State, if you will), and only found 1 store which held it, and did not manage getting my hand on the Silhouette system core book through it. It was disregarding the TTRPG aspect completely in favor of the wargame.
>>
>>51804726
JC was a great RPG setting. For a war game it was fucking stupid. A perpetual colf war where any time anything even remotely looked like it was about to get hot they'd SCRAMBLE back to the status quo is not a good war game setting. How the fuck do you even have a war game when there is NO WAR?
And they couldn't just let the setting go hot, no, because they wrote themselves into so many corners that an actual system-wide war would just mean the end of the setting.

JC was written as an RPG setting and should have STAYED an RPG setting. Turning it into a weak ass war game is what fucking killed it.
>>
How hard would it be to convert silhouette into something like Roll and keep, or simplify it so combat doesn't drag out forever?
>>
>>51808071
good rules doesnt mean they arent horribly written
>>
>>51804726
So is this the successor to Lightning Strike or something?
>>
>>51810072
As a big JC and HG fan I kind of have to agree. Trying to learn the system for the first time was a massive headache with the books making everything look much, much more complicated than the rules actually are. And to this day, no one, not even the fucking people who wrote the rules, has any fucking idea how Skill Complexity was supposed to work.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.